时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | ALLISON: when I was????? Mrs Water | 我小时候,邻居Water夫人 |
[00:05] | she???? bring me her daughter’s old clothes. | 会给我带来她小女儿的旧衣服 |
[00:07] | I never wanted to wear them. | 我从来不想穿它们 |
[00:10] | It wasn’t that I didn’t like the clothes, | 倒不是说我不喜欢那些衣服 |
[00:12] | it was the way they made me feel whenever I put them on. | 而是她们在让我穿这些衣服时 我感觉很难过 |
[00:16] | Later, I found out that | 不久以后,我发现 |
[00:18] | when Mrs. Walters’ little girl would misbehave, | 当Walter的小女儿做错什么事的时候 |
[00:21] | she would lock her in a dark closet. | 她就会把她锁在一间小黑屋里 |
[00:27] | Then there was the time I was about to sit down | 到了我可以坐在睡椅上 |
[00:29] | on the couch and watch television, | 看电视的时候 |
[00:31] | and suddenly, I got the distinct impression | 突然,我明确地感到 |
[00:34] | that things between my mother and her latest boyfriend had… | 在我的保姆和她最近的男朋友已经… |
[00:39] | moved to the next level. | 进行到了下一个阶段 |
[00:47] | My point being, that sometimes the energy from an event | 我的意思是,有时候从一件事情上 散发出来的能量 |
[00:50] | can hang around a particular object | 会围绕在一个特殊的物体上 |
[00:52] | long after the event is over. | 即使在事情已经结束后还在 |
[00:54] | Almost like an imprint. | 就像是个烙印 |
[00:57] | And people like me, people who are sensitive, | 而像我一样的人,那种敏感的人 |
[01:01] | it’s almost as if we can read the energy | 可以读出这种能量 |
[01:05] | and know what happened. | 知道发生了什么事情 |
[01:08] | Like the time Bobby Page | 就像Bobby Page教我 |
[01:09] | taught me to shoot with his dad’s rifle, | 如何用他父亲的来复枪来射击时 |
[01:13] | not knowing his dad had just used it to put down | 我并不知道他父亲刚刚用它 来放倒了他们家 |
[01:16] | their old retriever, Buck. | 年老的猎狗,Buck |
[01:20] | Yeah, that was a particularly bad energy. | 是的,那是一种很特别的不好的能量 |
[01:31] | And it isn’t just the energy of other people’s things, | 并不是其他一般人东西上的能量 |
[01:33] | other people’s behavior, | 其他一般人行为上的能量 |
[01:35] | that comes flooding back to me at times. | 那些能量不时会流回到我的身上 |
[01:43] | What? What? What is it? | 怎么?怎么? 怎么了? |
[01:45] | The trick, I’ve learned, is to try to figure out | 而我学到的诀窍是,试着找出 |
[01:47] | why the object is sharing that energy with you, | 为什么这些物体会把那种能量 分享给我知道 |
[01:51] | what the message might be, | 会带给我什么样的信息 |
[01:53] | and then, hopefully, behave accordingly. | 然后,希望能找到相应的曾经发生过的事情 |
[02:32] | sync:FRM@LePetitPrince | |
[02:52] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[02:54] | It’s 3:15 in the morning. | 现在是早上3:15 |
[02:56] | It’s never God’s plan for people to be up | 上帝从来没有计划过让人 |
[02:58] | at 3:15 in the morning. | 在早上3:15起床 |
[02:59] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:00] | They want to clean up the blood | 他们想在太阳出来之前 |
[03:01] | and open the road before the morning rush. | 把血迹冲洗干净并重新开放道路 |
[03:04] | I knew you’d want to see it all before they carted it away. | 我知道你会想看一下它们之前的样子的 |
[03:09] | You sure she wasn’t drunk? | 你确定她没有喝醉吗? |
[03:11] | She was heading east around 11:20. | 她在11:20左右的时候正向东行驶 |
[03:13] | Light traffic, looks like she was going | 前面有交通指示灯,看起来 |
[03:15] | between 20 and 30. | 她的速度是在20-30之间 |
[03:19] | One in the head, two in the chest. | 一枪中在头上,还有两枪中在胸部 |
[03:22] | I don’t think she even knew what hit her. | 我觉得她甚至不知道是什么打中了她 |
[03:24] | Somebody shoot her from a passing car? | 有人从一辆路过的车中射杀她? |
[03:28] | I’m guessing it was up on that walkway there. | 我猜是在那里的人行道上开的枪 |
[03:30] | what do you mean? That’s half a football field away. | 你是什么意思? 那可有半个足球场那么远 |
[03:35] | You saying we have a highway sniper and nobody saw him? | 你是在说我们这里有个 没有人见过的公路狙击手? |
[03:42] | So, how old are you, Daddy? | 你多大了,爸爸? |
[03:44] | I’m old, kiddo, I’m really old. | 我很老了,孩子,我真的很老了 |
[03:47] | No, you’re not. | 不,你不老 |
[03:48] | Mommy, I don’t understand. | 妈妈,我不明白 |
[03:50] | Why can’t Daddy open his birthday presents now? | 为什么爸爸现在不能打开他的生日礼物? |
[03:52] | ‘Cause that’s not how we do it. | 因为我们不是那么做的 |
[03:54] | We don’t open birthday presents in the morning. | 我们不会在早上打开生日礼物 |
[03:55] | We do on Christmas. | 但我们在圣诞节的早上会打开礼物 |
[03:57] | Yeah, but this isn’t Christmas, | 是啊,但这不是圣诞节 |
[03:58] | this is Daddy’s birthday. | 这是爸爸的生日 |
[03:59] | You ever seen anyone put a birthday candle | 你有没有见过谁会把生日蜡烛 |
[04:01] | in a bowl of breakfast cereal? | 放在谷物早餐的碗里的吗? |
[04:03] | No. Want to know why? | – 没有 – 想知道为什么吗? |
[04:05] | ‘Cause we don’t open | 因为我们不会在 |
[04:06] | birthday presents in the morning. | 早上打开生日礼物 |
[04:08] | Let me let you in on a little secret, Bridge… | 让我跟你分享一个小秘密,Bridge… |
[04:11] | I think it’s really ’cause Mommy likes to procrastinate. | 我觉得真实情况是因为妈妈 喜欢拖延事情 |
[04:14] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[04:15] | What’s that? It’s when someone | – 那是什么意思? – 就是说有人 |
[04:17] | puts off doing things that they really need to do. | 放下了她们真的应该做的事情 而去做了别的 |
[04:19] | Precisely. | 正确 |
[04:20] | I think the real reason I can’t open my presents | 我觉得我不能打开礼物的真实原因 |
[04:24] | is because Mommy hasn’t actually gotten around | 是因为妈妈还没有出去 |
[04:26] | to getting me one yet. | 帮我买到 |
[04:28] | Thank you. Thank you very much. | 谢谢 非常感谢你的解释 |
[04:35] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[04:36] | Hi. Um, do you have the ad | 嗨,嗯,你有今天 |
[04:38] | that ran in this morning’s paper? | 早上的广告单吗? |
[04:39] | Oh, sure. | 哦,当然 |
[04:45] | Anything I can help you with in there? | 有什么我可以帮忙的吗? |
[04:47] | I’m interested in this. | 我对这个很感兴趣 |
[04:49] | That’s a great machine. | 那是台很好的机器 |
[04:50] | Would you like to see one? | 你想看一下吗? |
[04:51] | Sure. | 当然 |
[04:53] | It says to ask about pricing. | 说一下价钱吧 |
[04:55] | 1099. | 1099元 |
[04:56] | $1100? | $1100元? |
[04:58] | Believe it or not, our competitors | 不管你相不相信,我们的竞争对手 |
[04:59] | have them for $1349. | 可是卖1349元的 |
[05:01] | Not what you had budgeted? | 不在你的预算里面吗? |
[05:05] | What were you looking to spend? | 那你准备是花多少钱呢? |
[05:06] | Half of that, or less. | 这个的一半,或更少 |
[05:09] | Now this is a $1,200 camera, too, but… | 那这是一台1200的摄像机,但是… |
[05:14] | far superior to the one | 比你想要买的那台 |
[05:16] | you wanted to buy. | 高级得多 |
[05:18] | Comes specially equipped with a 12 to one zoom lens. | 带有特别的12倍变焦镜头 |
[05:22] | That’s like have a video camera on the end of a telescope. | 就像是在望远镜的尾端装了台摄像机 |
[05:25] | It’s excellent in low light situations. | 即使在光线不足的情况下也运行良好 |
[05:28] | This is the Rolls Royce of video cameras. | 这可算得上是摄像机中的劳斯莱斯 |
[05:32] | I’ll let you have it for $500. | 我会让你花500元就买下来 |
[05:37] | Okay, why would you do that? | 好吧,可你为什么要那么做? |
[05:41] | Every one of these that I sell, | 没给我卖出去的这台机器 |
[05:42] | comes right back to the store. | 都会被退回商店 |
[05:43] | It’s an excellent piece of gear, it’s just | 零件方面都没有任何问题,只是 |
[05:46] | too damn complicated | 对于你们一般的这种 |
[05:47] | for your average point and shoot customer. | 拍摄消费者来说,实在太复杂了 |
[05:49] | And nobody wants to read | 没有人再想仔细阅读 |
[05:50] | operating manuals anymore, you know. | 操作手册,你知道 |
[05:53] | We’re just gonna send them back to the manufacturer. | 我们只能把它们送回厂商那里 |
[05:55] | And frankly, | 坦白说 |
[05:56] | I would much rather sell it to you, | 那我还不如卖给你呢 |
[05:58] | hopefully make a new customer, | 希望能多一个新的客户 |
[05:59] | and save some money on shipping. | 也省下运费了 |
[06:03] | Let me run to the back. | 我要跑到后面去一下 |
[06:04] | I’ll get a battery, blank DVD, let you play. | 帮你拿节电池,空白的DVD来让你玩一下 |
[06:15] | MAN: Hello. | 哈�� |
[06:16] | Ooh, face the camera, sweetie. | 呜,面对摄像机,亲爱的 |
[06:18] | Yeah, thank you. | 是的,谢谢 |
[06:21] | What’s up? | 怎么回事? |
[06:23] | Roll over. | 转过去 |
[06:25] | Come on, you want to, you want to do it. | 来吧,你想的,你想那么做的 |
[06:27] | You want to roll over. Thank you. WOMAN: Hey! | – 你想转过去的,谢谢 – 嘿! |
[06:29] | Hey, you, camera guy, I’m talking to you. | 嘿,你,摄像小子,我在跟你说话呢 |
[06:33] | What’s your deal, camera guy? | 你在干什么啊,摄像小子? |
[06:36] | What do… wh… what do you mean? | 你…嗯… 你是什么意思? |
[06:40] | What do I mean? | 我是什么意思? |
[06:41] | What do you think I mean? | 你觉得我是什么意思呢? |
[06:43] | I mean, I’ve been coming to this park for three days in a row. | 我是说,我已经连续3天都来这个公园 |
[06:46] | And for three days in a row, | 一连3天 |
[06:47] | I’ve seen you trying to take pictures of me. | 我都看见你试图在拍我的照片 |
[06:49] | I don’t like it. | 我可不喜欢 |
[06:53] | Oh, okay, so what, now you have nothing to say? | 哦,好的,怎么样,你现在没话好说了吗? |
[06:58] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么? |
[07:00] | I’m thinking your name must be Dick. | 我觉得你一定叫Dick |
[07:02] | Do you mind if I call you “Dick,” Dick? | 你介意我叫你”Dick”吗?Dick |
[07:07] | Big brave guy with a camera. | 一个勇敢地带着摄像机的家伙 |
[07:10] | Go ahead, Dick, tilt down. | 来吧,Dick,往下拍 |
[07:14] | You know you want to. | 你知道你想的 |
[07:18] | Tilt down, Dick. | 往下拍,Dick |
[07:31] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了,够了 |
[07:34] | Now, you got what you needed? | 现在,你得到你想要的了? |
[07:36] | I’m out of here. Uh, miss. | – 我要走了 – 呃,小姐 |
[07:38] | Wait! Miss! Don’t go! | 等等!小姐!不要走! |
[07:39] | SALESMAN: Ready to play? | 准备好试一下了吗? |
[07:42] | How’s it feel to you? | 你感觉如何? |
[07:44] | Small, light, it’s terrific, right? | 小巧,轻便,真的很好,是不是? |
[07:47] | Just wait till I put this battery in, | 只要等到我把这个电池装进去 |
[07:48] | power up, show you what she really can do. | 打开电源,就可以给你演示 它是怎么运作的 |
[07:50] | Careful, I think there might already be one in there. | 我觉得里面或许已经有东西了 |
[07:52] | Uh, no, actually, it’s impossible. | 呃,不,事实上,那是不可能的 |
[07:54] | You can’t put the DVD in until you put the battery in. | 除非你先把电池装进去 否则你无法把DVD放进去 |
[07:56] | And I just put the battery in. | 我刚把电池放进去 |
[07:58] | Go ahead. | 试试吧 |
[08:08] | I’ll take it?????? | 我要了 |
[08:20] | MAN: Kathy, come on, I haven’t got all day, get in there. | Kathy,快点,我可没有一整天的时间,过去吧 |
[08:22] | I’m using up the tape. | 带子快用光了 |
[08:24] | I can’t keep photographing an empty bed. | 我不能一直拍一张空着的床 |
[08:27] | Kathy… | |
[08:30] | Get in there. | 过去 |
[08:31] | No. Get in there. I’m using up | – 不 – 过去.我快把 |
[08:33] | the battery. | 电池用完了 |
[08:34] | You are so predictable with this video thing. | 你对这个录像还真有预见性 |
[08:38] | Yeah, what does that mean? | 是啊,你说的是什么意思? |
[08:39] | What do you think it means? | 你觉得我说的是什么意思? |
[08:41] | It means it’s just completely predictable. | 我是说那真的很有预见性 |
[08:43] | You’re completely predictable. | 你是个十足的预言家 |
[08:46] | Does that mean you don’t love me anymore? | 你是在说你不再爱我了吗? |
[08:50] | (sighs): Oh… it means… | 哦…我是说… |
[08:54] | I better be the only one that you videotape | 从现在开始一直到结束 |
[08:58] | from now until the end of time. | 我最好是你录像带中的唯一一个人 |
[09:01] | That’s what it means, camera guy. | 那就是我所要说的,摄像家伙 |
[09:03] | And what else? | 还有什么吗? |
[09:06] | It means… | 那就是说… |
[09:09] | Kathy loves Travis. | Kathy爱Travis |
[09:10] | Louder. Kathy loves Travis! | – 响一点 – Kathy爱Travis! |
[09:12] | Say it loud! | 说的响一点! |
[09:14] | DEVALOS: Allison? | |
[09:16] | You busy? | 你忙吗? |
[09:18] | Birthday present for Joe. | 给Joe的生日礼物 |
[09:20] | Just wrapping it. | 刚刚打开包装 |
[09:22] | Well, we’re all summoned to the conference room. | 我们都被召集到会议室里 |
[09:24] | I know not why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[09:26] | Maggie played cards at the club. | Maggie一直在俱乐部玩牌 |
[09:28] | Every Wednesday night, 8:45. | 每周三晚上,8:45开始 |
[09:32] | Game ended at 11:00. It had to. | 游戏在11点结束.必需结束了 |
[09:34] | That’s when they closed the room. | 因为他们要关门 |
[09:38] | She was always home by 11:25. | 她总是在11:25的时候回家 |
[09:41] | 11:30, (door opens) | |
[09:43] | I call her cell phone. It goes straight | 我打了她的手机,直接被 |
[09:45] | to voice mail, so, okay, | 连进了语音信箱,所以,好吧 |
[09:47] | she forgot to put the damn thing on. | 她忘记打开那该死的东西了 |
[09:49] | By quarter to 12:00, | 12:00还差一刻钟 |
[09:51] | I start to get anxious. | 我开始变得很担心 |
[09:52] | So I call the other girls– Camille, Lorraine, Rhonda. They’re all home. | 所以我打电话给了其他女孩们– Camille, Lorraine, Rhonda.她们都在家 |
[09:56] | I don’t know what else to do, so I keep | 我不知道我还能做什么,所以我继续 |
[09:59] | calling the cell phone. | 拨打她的手机 |
[10:01] | And then I call the police. | 然后我打电话给了警察 |
[10:03] | No help. | 没有人来帮忙 |
[10:05] | No offense. | 我没有冒犯的意思 |
[10:07] | So… | 所以… |
[10:08] | tried her cell again. | 我只能再试图拨打她的手机 |
[10:11] | And this time, I got an EMS guy who answered. | 而这次,我听到一个送EMS的家伙来接电话 |
[10:24] | I met Mr. Caffey when he came in this morning | 今天早上我在Caffey先生 |
[10:26] | to identify his wife. | 来辨认他妻子的时候遇见了他 |
[10:28] | I assured him that we’re doing | 我向他保证我们会 |
[10:30] | everything we can to find | 尽我们所能来找到 |
[10:31] | this animal. | 这个禽兽 |
[10:37] | We all drive the same streets. | 我们都在那条街上开车 |
[10:41] | Our loved ones | 我们所爱的那个人 |
[10:42] | all drive the same streets. | 也都在相同的街道上开车 |
[10:46] | Oh, how do I smell? | 哦,我闻起来怎么样? |
[10:48] | Like the cool mist of the ocean. | 就像海洋上凉爽的雾气一样 |
[10:50] | Hmm, just like the box says. | 嗯,就像盒子上说的 |
[10:52] | Thank you, honey. | 谢谢你,亲爱的 |
[10:53] | Happy birthday, Daddy. | 生日快乐,爸爸 |
[10:55] | Thank you, sweetie. | 谢谢,亲爱的 |
[10:56] | Open mine! | Open mine! 打开我的礼物!打开我的礼物! |
[10:57] | Open mine! | 打开我的礼物! |
[10:58] | Wow, is this for me? | 哇哦,这个是给我的吗? |
[11:01] | Is it a car? | 是辆车吗? |
[11:02] | No, and you did that joke last year. | 不,你去年已经开过那个玩笑了 |
[11:05] | He does that joke every year. | 他每年都开那个玩笑 |
[11:06] | That’s how we know he’s a year older. | 所以我们才会知道他又老了一岁 |
[11:09] | It’s beautiful. | 太漂亮了 |
[11:11] | I made it. You’re kidding. | – 我做的 – 你开玩笑吗? |
[11:13] | Do you know what it is? | 你知道这是什么吗? |
[11:14] | Yes, I do, but I’m not going to tell you. | 是的,我知道,但我不准备告诉你 |
[11:16] | She thinks it’s an ashtray. | 她觉得这是个烟灰缸 |
[11:17] | Ariel! | |
[11:18] | That is so otherworldly. | 那可是我想了好久的东西 |
[11:20] | This is so what I was hoping for. | 正是我想要的东西 |
[11:22] | You don’t even smoke. | 你都不抽烟 |
[11:24] | And I never will, but I can still appreciate | 我永远也不会去抽烟 但我还是能赞赏一下 |
[11:26] | a beautifully made ashtray. | 这个制作漂亮的烟灰缸 |
[11:29] | Thank you, honey. | 谢谢,亲爱的 |
[11:30] | I am going to put this on my desk at work, | 我会在我上班的桌上放上这个 |
[11:33] | right next to the one you gave me last year. | 紧挨着你去年给我的那个旁边 |
[11:35] | Here’s a little something from me and Marie. | 这是我和Marie给你的小东西 |
[11:37] | Also not a car. | 也还不是辆车 |
[11:42] | You shouldn’t have. | 你不应该 |
[11:43] | Oh, my. | 哦,上帝 |
[11:46] | Oh, come on. | 哦,快点 |
[11:48] | Oh, wow, look at this. | 哦,哇哦,看看这个 |
[11:50] | Awesome! | 太好了! |
[11:51] | Now this is even better than the one | 现在这个比我上次 |
[11:53] | that I showed you in the paper. | 在报纸上给你看的还要好 |
[11:55] | Wow, this one has all the bells | 哇哦,这个礼物会得到 |
[11:57] | and whistles. | 所有的掌声和欢呼声 |
[11:58] | Don’t look at me. | 不要看我 |
[11:59] | Marie picked it out. | Marie选出来的 |
[12:00] | Whoa. I can’t even imagine how much this cost. | 哇哦,我不能想像这花了多少钱 |
[12:05] | So which of the girls isn’t going to college? | 那么哪个女孩不准备去念大学了? |
[12:09] | Where is…? | 在哪呢…? |
[12:14] | Well, that’s it. | 就这些了 |
[12:15] | There’s no bonus gift. | 没有额外的礼物 |
[12:17] | I’m not looking for a bonus gift. | 我不是在找额外的礼物 |
[12:19] | You outdid yourself. | 你已经做得太好了 |
[12:20] | And you, too! | 还有你也是! |
[12:21] | Oh, how did you know? | 哦,你是怎么知道的? |
[12:24] | Mm-mm-mm! | 嗯-嗯-嗯! |
[12:27] | No, I just thought | 不,我还在想 |
[12:29] | that maybe they included a blank DVD | 他们或许会给一张空白的DVD |
[12:31] | for you to record on. | 给你来拍呢 |
[12:32] | Oh, my gosh, you’re kidding? | 哦,我的上帝,你在开玩笑吗? |
[12:33] | There’s nothing to record on in there? | 那里面没有什么东西可以用来拍吗? |
[12:35] | I didn’t even think to ask. | 我都没有想到要问一下 |
[12:36] | That doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[12:37] | I can wait to record something till tomorrow. | 我可以等到明天再来录东西 |
[12:39] | This is clearly an amazing camera. | 这很明显是台太惊人的摄像机了 |
[12:41] | I got me some amazing cologne and an amazing ashtray. | 我得到了我的一些惊人的古龙香水 还有一个惊人的烟灰缸 |
[12:45] | And an amazing little raspberry right here. | 还有一个惊人的令人咋舌的礼物 |
[12:49] | Sorry about the DVDs. | 关于那个DVD的事情我很抱歉 |
[12:50] | I’ll grab some tomorrow. | 我明天会去抢点给你 |
[12:52] | It was a great birthday. | 真是个很不错的生日 |
[12:54] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[12:58] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[12:59] | I’m so glad you thought so. | 我很高兴你这么觉得 |
[13:02] | I was worried you would think | 我还在担心你会觉得 |
[13:04] | I didn’t put enough thought into it. | 我没有花太多心思在上面呢 |
[13:08] | I always think, | 我总是在想 |
[13:11] | “This year I’ll be different. | “今年我要与往年有所不同 |
[13:14] | “This year I’ll whisk him off his feet, | “今年我会让他双脚都跳起来 |
[13:19] | “take him to the pyramids, | “带他去看金字塔 |
[13:21] | “buy him box seats | “帮他买一些伟大 |
[13:23] | “for some great sports team or something. | “的队伍或之类拳击比赛的票 |
[13:26] | Mm… | 嗯… |
[13:27] | Make him a gourmet meal.” | 帮他做一顿精美的晚餐” |
[13:30] | Mm… | 嗯… |
[13:33] | And then I run around the day of | 然后我兜了一整天 |
[13:37] | getting your present, | 来帮你买礼物 |
[13:39] | making you a cake from a mix… | 帮你做一个复杂的蛋糕… |
[13:42] | worrying that you’ll think I don’t care. | 就担心你觉得我不在乎你的生日 |
[13:51] | I was driving home tonight, | 我今晚开车回家的时候 |
[13:54] | the sun had already set, | 太阳已经下山了 |
[13:57] | and every building that I passed, every bridge | 我经过每幢建筑,每座桥 |
[14:02] | every water tower, I was thinking, | 每个水塔的时候,我都在想 |
[14:08] | “Is he there?” | “他在那里吗” |
[14:12] | And you could just feel that every person | 你可以完全感到在我身边的 |
[14:15] | and every car around me, | 每个人和每辆车 |
[14:17] | they were thinking the same thing: | 他们都在想相同的事情: |
[14:19] | “Is he out there? | “他在那里吗? |
[14:22] | Is he thinking about shooting at my car?” | 他是否正在考虑开枪射我的车?” |
[14:26] | At me. | 射我 |
[14:29] | Doesn’t he know it’s my birthday? | 他是否知道今天是我的生日? |
[14:34] | Doesn’t he know I have to get home | 他是否知道我必需要回家 |
[14:37] | so Bridgette can give me her ashtray? | 所以Bridgette才能给我她做的烟灰缸? |
[15:24] | MAN: Come on, baby, get up there. | 来吧,亲爱的,坐到那里去 |
[15:26] | WOMAN: No, Travis, I don’t want to. | 不,Travis,我不想 |
[15:28] | Come on. It’s just you and me here. | 来吧,这里只有我和你 |
[15:31] | I want to see you on camera. | 我想看看摄像机中的你 |
[15:34] | It’s too embarrassing. | 这太难堪了 |
[15:36] | I don’t want anyone to see this online. | 我不想让其他人在线看到这个 |
[15:39] | Kathy, don’t you trust me, baby? | Kathy,你不相信我吗,亲爱的 |
[15:43] | If you really love me, you’ll do this for me. | 如果你真的爱我,你会为我做这个的 |
[15:47] | Travis, I don’t want to do this, okay? | Travis,我不想做这个,好吗? |
[15:51] | Can you just get in there | 你就不能到那里 |
[15:53] | so I have something to focus on? | 让我可以找些东西来聚焦吗? |
[15:54] | I’ve never used this tripod thing before. | 我之前从没用过这种三脚架 |
[16:01] | Travis, did you hear me? | Travis,你听到我说了吗? |
[16:03] | I don’t want to do this, okay? | 我不想做这个,好吗? |
[16:05] | I mean, I’ll do this. | 我是说,我会做这个 |
[16:08] | I’ll do anything, but I don’t want you to tape it, all right? | 我会做任何事,但我不想你把 这个录下来,好吗? |
[16:11] | I’m not asking you to do anything | 我不是在叫你做一些 |
[16:13] | that I’m not gonna do. | 我不会去做的事情 |
[16:14] | No, you shouldn’t tape it, okay? | 不,你不应该把这个录下来,好吗? |
[16:16] | Not tonight. | 今晚不要 |
[16:17] | Why? It’s gonna be fun. | 为什么?这会很有意思的 |
[16:19] | Listen, nobody’s gonna see it. | 听着,没人会看到这个 |
[16:21] | I mean, you’re beautiful, but you’re not famous. | 我是说,你很美丽,但你又不出名 |
[16:25] | I mean, no offense, but you ain’t exactly Paris Hilton | 我是说,没有冒犯的意思,你又 不是真正的Paris Hilton |
[16:27] | I’m not Colin Farrell. | 我也不是Colin Farrell |
[16:28] | Now give me something to focus on. | 快给我一些东西来聚焦 |
[16:46] | What the hell is that? | 那到底是什么? |
[16:50] | I told you I didn’t want to tape it. | 我告诉你了,我不想录下来 |
[17:08] | What are you showing me? | 你在给我看什么? |
[17:13] | He knows something’s up. | 他知道了一些事情 |
[17:17] | Last night, he came home, | 昨晚,他回到家 |
[17:19] | said he couldn’t reach me for hours. | 说他几个小时都找不到我 |
[17:23] | He beat the living crap out of me. | 他狠狠地揍了我一顿 |
[17:28] | No, don’t. | 不,不要 |
[17:32] | I told him I got a call, you know, | 我告诉他我接到了一个电话,你知道 |
[17:34] | to do temp work at the V.A. Hospital, | 在V.A医院做临时工 |
[17:37] | but he didn’t believe me. | 但他不相信我 |
[17:39] | He said he could smell you on me. | 他说他可以在我身上闻到你的味道 |
[17:44] | Not you, but someone. | 不是说你,但是说其他人 |
[17:46] | Said the next time | 说如果有下一次的话 |
[17:47] | he’d kill me. | 他会杀了我 |
[17:51] | Do it with drugs. No one would ever know. | 用药品来杀死我.这样就没有人会知道 |
[17:56] | Sometimes I lie in bed at night, | 有时候我晚上躺在床上 |
[18:01] | I lie next to him and I think about… | 躺在他的身边,然后就在想… |
[18:06] | what my life would be like if he were gone… | 如果他不在的话,我的生活会是什么样… |
[18:13] | if he were dead. | 如果他死的话 |
[18:22] | Is it something you want? | 这就是你想做的事情吗? |
[18:31] | I can’t let him hurt you anymore, Kathy. | 我不能让他再伤害你了,Kathy |
[18:40] | Shouldn’t you maybe shut off the tape? | 你或许应该先把录像关掉? |
[18:53] | Kathy and Travis. | Kathy和Travis |
[18:55] | Any particular Kathy and Travis? | 有详细的Kathy和Travis的资料吗? |
[18:56] | I just know, at least I strongly suspect | 我只知道,至少我强烈怀疑 |
[18:59] | they’re going to attempt to kill her husband. | 他们企图杀死她的丈夫 |
[19:01] | He’s a doctor. There must be some way | 他是个医生 一定有什么办法可以找到 |
[19:03] | to research doctors with wives named “Kathy.” | 妻子名为”Kathy”的医生 |
[19:05] | I’m pretty sure they’re from this area. Why’s that? | – 我非常确定他们是这个区域的 – 为什么? |
[19:07] | I bought my husband a video camera | 我在Archibald帮我丈夫 |
[19:09] | for his birthday from Archibald’s. | 买了一台摄像机做生日礼物 |
[19:11] | Before there were batteries in it, before there was anything | 在装电池之前,在里面没有任何 东西记录之前 |
[19:13] | to record on, I started to see videos of this couple | 我却在显示屏上看到了 |
[19:17] | on the viewfinder screen. | 这对人的影像 |
[19:18] | Kathy and Travis? | Kathy和Travis? |
[19:20] | I think perhaps they owned the camera before I did. | 我觉得或许他们在我买下之前 拥有这台摄像机 |
[19:24] | I think the camera remembers what it saw | 我认为这个摄像机记录了它所看见的 |
[19:27] | and it’s showing it to me | 然后给我看 |
[19:28] | so we could stop this thing from happening. | 让我们可以阻止这件事情的发生 |
[19:30] | Okay, it’s showing you all this, | 好吧,这东西给你看了所有的一切 |
[19:31] | but it’s not giving you last names. | 但却没有给你看他们的姓 |
[19:33] | It’s showing you all this, | 这东西给你看了所有的一切 |
[19:34] | but it’s not telling you where or when | 但却没有告诉你这起谋杀 |
[19:36] | this killing might take place. | 可能会在何时何地发生 |
[19:37] | Allison, maybe you haven’t noticed, | Allison,或许你还没有注意到 |
[19:40] | but the city’s come to a standstill. | 但这座城市快被搞到精疲力尽了 |
[19:41] | We’re in the middle of a bona fide crisis. | 我们正处于一个真正的危机之中 |
[19:46] | Give me a name, first and last. | 给我一个具体的名字,有姓有名 |
[19:50] | Better yet, buy a camera that has videos of this madman | 最好是,购买了这台摄像机的疯子 |
[19:52] | who’s using our streets for target practice. | 正是那个在我们的大街上用 行人做靶子的人 |
[19:56] | That would be truly helpful. | 那样就真的有帮助了 |
[20:02] | He loved it, right? | 他很喜欢,是不是? |
[20:04] | Someone owned this camera before I did, didn’t they? | 在我买下之前,这是其他人的摄像机,是不是? |
[20:07] | Ma’am? | 女士? |
[20:07] | You told me people were bringing them back to the store, | 你之前跟我说人们可以把它们带回店里 |
[20:10] | but you never explained that someone actually used | 但你从来没有说明有人在你 |
[20:12] | this specific camera you sold me | 卖给我这台特别的摄像机之前 |
[20:13] | before I bought it. | 已经用过了 |
[20:14] | Well, I don’t know that to be true. | 我觉得那不会是真的 |
[20:16] | Well, I do. | 我觉得是 |
[20:16] | I need the name of the previous owner. | 我需要先前的主人的名字 |
[20:18] | Ma’am, I can assure you | 女士,我可以向你保证 |
[20:20] | if by some chance someone purchased the camera before you | 如果偶尔有人在你之前购买了这台 |
[20:23] | and returned it to the store, | 摄像机,然后退还到店里 |
[20:24] | it passed the most rigorous of inspections | 它必然会经过我们最严格的检测 |
[20:27] | before being returned to inventory. | 才会被放回库房 |
[20:29] | It’s completely covered by manufacturer’s warranty. | 而且还有厂商的保修证书可以担保 |
[20:31] | I don’t care about the manufacturer’s warranty. | 我不关心厂商的保修证书 |
[20:32] | I just need the name of the person who owned it before me. | 我只是需要知道是谁在我之前 拥有的这台摄像机 |
[20:36] | Furthermore, as I offered at time of purchase, | 此外,也可以按照我卖给你之前的提议 |
[20:38] | I’d be happy to take the machine back, | 我很很高兴拿回这台机器 |
[20:40] | swap it out for an easier-to-use model. | 帮你换一台操作更为简单的类型 |
[20:42] | His first name was Travis. He had brown hair. | 他的名字是Travis.他有一头棕发 |
[20:44] | Ma’am, I’m not saying | 女士,我可没有说 |
[20:46] | that someone else did buy your camera, | 有人在你之前的确购买了这台摄像机 |
[20:48] | before you, but if they did, | 而且即使有人买了 |
[20:49] | I still couldn’t tell you their name. | 我还是没法告诉你他们的名字 |
[20:51] | I’m with the District Attorney’s office. | 我是地检办公室的 |
[20:53] | That’s all well and good, but, um, you’re gonna need | 那很不错,但是,嗯,你需要 |
[20:57] | to speak to a manager. | 跟我们的经理取谈 |
[20:59] | I mean, do you have a warrant or something? | 我是说,你有许可证之类的吗? |
[21:01] | Did he not bring it back? Did a girl bring it back? | 不是他把这个退回来的? 是不是个女的把它退回来的? |
[21:03] | Kathy– brown hair, pretty? | Kathy– 棕色头发,很漂亮? |
[21:05] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[21:06] | Are you not happy with the camera? | 你是不是对这台摄像机不满意? |
[21:09] | Uh! | 呃! |
[21:13] | I need some recordable DVDs. | 我要买一些可记录的DVD |
[21:16] | DINOVI: Basically what the Mayor | 基本上来说,市长 |
[21:17] | and the City Attorney want you to weigh in on is… | 和市政律师想要你们考虑一下… |
[21:19] | Is if we assign a disproportionate share | 我们是否已经把大量的 |
[21:21] | of police to monitor the neighborhoods | 警力投入监视附近 |
[21:23] | where the wealthy people live– | 有钱的人居住的地方– |
[21:24] | what’s our exposure if our sniper friend shoots someone | 这样如果我们的狙击朋友射杀了一个 |
[21:27] | in a poor neighborhood and their family decides to sue the city. | 穷邻居,然后他们的家人决定起诉 市政府的话,我们会怎么办 |
[21:31] | Want to hear a scary thought? | 想听听一个更可怕的想法吗? |
[21:33] | Which is also a great thought? | 那也是一个很不错的想法? |
[21:35] | What if he never shoots again? | 如果他再也不会开枪了呢? |
[21:36] | What’s scary about that? | 那有什么可怕的? |
[21:38] | Between you and me? | 就我们俩之间说? |
[21:40] | If he doesn’t make another try, | 如果他不再试一次的话 |
[21:41] | I don’t think there’s a whole hell of a lot of hope | 我觉得我们是完全没有希望 |
[21:43] | we’re ever going to catch him. | 能抓住他了 |
[21:44] | The evidence he left behind the other night | 那晚他留下的证据 |
[21:47] | isn’t leading us anywhere. | 没有给我们任何线索 |
[21:52] | On the other hand, I suppose I’d rather have | 另一方面,我假设我宁愿处理 |
[21:55] | one unsolved murder than two or three or four or five. | 一起未解决的谋杀案而不是 另外的两起,三起或四五起 |
[21:58] | Hell, I’d rather have one unsolved murder | 该死的,我真的愿意处理一起未 解决的谋杀案 |
[22:00] | then two or three solved ones. | 而不是用两起或三起谋杀案 来解决一起 |
[22:02] | I just invited Sean Caffey back down here | 我刚刚邀请了Sean Caffey回到这里 |
[22:04] | for a little conversation. | 来做个小小的会谈 |
[22:05] | Thought you might want to listen in | 我想你或许想过来 |
[22:06] | from the other side of the glass… | 在镜子的后面听一下… |
[22:08] | You’re having a conversation with him | 你正在审讯室 |
[22:09] | in the interrogation room? | 和他进行会谈? |
[22:10] | That’s a hell of a way to treat a widower | 这真他妈的是一个款待一个 |
[22:12] | two days after his wife is shot to death. | 2天前刚被射杀了妻子的鳏夫的好办法 |
[22:15] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[22:16] | Apparently, there was trouble in the marriage, | 很明显,这场婚姻碰到了一些问题 |
[22:18] | but there was also a solid prenup in place. | 但由于之前的前财产分割书 |
[22:20] | In the event of divorce, Sean would get nothing. | 在这起离婚事件中,Sean会什么也得不到 |
[22:23] | How much is she worth to him dead? | 她死的话会给他带来多少钱? |
[22:25] | Between the inheritance and insurance pay outs– | 有遗产部分和保险部分– |
[22:27] | about $30 million. | 大概是3千万 |
[22:30] | So he bought himself a long-range rifle, | 所以他帮自己买了一把长距来复枪 |
[22:33] | got up on that pedestrian bridge | 然后跑到人行天桥上 |
[22:35] | and, boy, talk about a lucky shot. | 然后,伙计,开了幸运的一枪 |
[22:37] | He’s rich. | 他很有钱 |
[22:38] | They hire people to do their dirty work. | 他们会雇佣别人来做一些肮脏的事情 |
[22:40] | Sounds improbable, but not impossible. | 听起来不太可能,但也不是完全不可能 |
[22:44] | And as it happens we’re suffering from an acute shortage | 而这又正好发生在我们对这起 |
[22:47] | of leads in this particular case, so , yeah, sure. | 特殊的案子毫无头绪的情况下 当然,我去 |
[22:50] | I’ll come with you. | 我会跟你一起去 |
[22:52] | I’ll pass. | 我不去 |
[22:53] | It’s okay. You weren’t invited. | 没关系,你也没有被邀请 |
[23:01] | Just an errand. | 只是个差事 |
[23:02] | Now that you’re back, | 现在你回来了 |
[23:03] | want to be my date for an interrogation? | 想跟我一起去看一场审问吗? |
[23:05] | I suppose. | 我想可以 |
[23:09] | CAFFEY: Where did you get these? | 你从哪里搞到这些的? |
[23:12] | Your wife hired a private detective. | 你的妻子雇佣了一个私家侦探 |
[23:15] | Were you aware that she was | 你是否已经知道她 |
[23:16] | contemplating divorce? | 在考虑离婚吗? |
[23:19] | These photos are over a year old. | 这些照片已经是一年多以前的了 |
[23:21] | Maggie and I were working things out. | Maggie和我已经把这些事情解决了 |
[23:22] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[23:23] | How is this relevant to anything? | 这些东西有什么关系吗? |
[23:25] | Shouldn’t you be out there looking for a man with a gun? | 你们不是应该出去找一个带着枪的家伙吗? |
[23:28] | I don’t know, Mr. Caffey. | 我不知道,Caffey先生 |
[23:28] | We’re not sure who we should be looking for. | 我们不确定我们应该去找谁 |
[23:30] | That’s why we’re having this conversation. | 所以我们才会有这次谈话 |
[23:31] | Should I be calling my lawyer? | 我应该打电话给我的律师吗? |
[23:33] | You have a lawyer? Of your own? | 你有律师吗?你自己的律师? |
[23:35] | Because your late wife’s family made it very clear to me | 因为你最近这位妻子的家人 让我很明确的知道 |
[23:37] | the family attorney had no interest in helping you | 家庭律师是不会有兴趣来帮你 |
[23:39] | with this particular matter. | 处理这起特殊的案子 |
[23:40] | What do you make of him? | 你对他有什么感觉? |
[23:44] | I feel really stupid, really useless. | 我觉得自己真的很愚蠢,非常无用 |
[23:46] | It’s as if I’m not even tuned in to the same channel. | 就像是我还没有调整到相同的频道 |
[23:50] | Everything I see in my head | 我头脑中看到的一切 |
[23:51] | has to do with those two kids I told you about this morning. | 都只有和那两个我今天早上告诉 过你的家伙有关 |
[23:54] | And their plan to kill her husband. | 他们的计划是杀死她的丈夫 |
[23:57] | So talk to me about being a player. | 跟我说说做个赌徒的事吧 |
[24:01] | How does that work? | 是怎么起作用的? |
[24:05] | I mean, you marry a really wealthy woman, | 我是说,你娶了一个真的很健康的女人 |
[24:07] | she makes you sign a prenup, | 然后她让你签署了一份婚前财产分割书 |
[24:09] | and then what is it? You just can’t be faithful? | 然后呢? 你只是不能忠诚吗? |
[24:12] | Because from a monetary standpoint, | 因为从钱的立场来看 |
[24:13] | it makes no sense. | 这都毫无意义 |
[24:15] | You’re really playing with fire. | 你真的就是在玩火 |
[24:18] | Unless, of course, you can make absolutely certain that she won’t divorce you, | 除非,当然,你可以完全确信 她是不会跟你离婚的 |
[24:21] | can’t divorce you, isn’t alive to divorce you. | 不能跟你离婚,不能活着跟你离婚 |
[24:24] | I loved my wife. | 我爱我的妻子 |
[24:26] | Where were you between 11:00 and 11:45 | 你在你妻子死去的那晚的 |
[24:28] | on the night your wife was slain? | 11点到11:45分之间在哪? |
[24:29] | CAFFEY: I’ve made no secret | 我对我在哪里 |
[24:31] | of where I was. | 并没有保密 |
[24:32] | I was at home, trying to contact her. | 我当时在家,试图联系上她 |
[24:34] | Then why didn’t you use the home phone? | 那你为什么没有用家里的电话? |
[24:36] | Why’d you keep calling her from your cell phone? | 你为什么一直用你自己的手机 在跟她打电话? |
[24:37] | Because I was lazy. | 因为我很懒 |
[24:39] | Because I had her mobile number programmed into my cell. | 因为我的手机里面有她的 手机电话号码记录 |
[24:41] | Because if I use the regular phones at home | 因为如果我用的是家里面一般的电话 |
[24:42] | I had to dial it, but if I used my cell phone | 我就必需拨号,但我如果用我自己的手机 |
[24:45] | I just press one button. | 我就只要按一个键 |
[24:47] | Do you think I don’t know how bad this sounds? | 你以为我不知道这听起来有多不好吗? |
[24:49] | The answer to all your questions is “yes.” | 你所有问题的答案都是”是的” |
[24:52] | Yes, I do think you know how bad this sounds, | 是的,我觉得你知道这听起来有多不好 |
[24:54] | yes you need a lawyer | 是的,你需要一个律师 |
[24:56] | And yes, I know you didn’t ask, | 是的,我知道你没有问 |
[24:58] | but I do believe you’re going to be | 但我真的相信你会 |
[24:59] | spending the night with us, Mr. Caffey. | 一整晚都和我们一起渡过,Caffey先生 |
[25:03] | JOE: I wonder who lives in here. | 我想知道谁住在这里 |
[25:08] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[25:10] | I’m making a documentary on the nocturnal habits | 我正在制作一段八年级生 |
[25:14] | of eighth graders. | 晚间习惯的纪录片 |
[25:15] | Explain to our viewers at home | 跟我们家里的观众解释 |
[25:17] | what it is you’re doing right now. | 你现在在干嘛 |
[25:19] | I’m doing geometry and it’s stupid. | 我正在做几何题,而那个实在太愚蠢了 |
[25:21] | This is fascinating. | 这是很令人迷醉的 |
[25:23] | I know I’m riveted. | 我只知道我是被它吸引了 |
[25:26] | My name is Bridgette Dubois | 我的名字叫Bridgette Dubois |
[25:28] | and I shall now dance with a spoon on my… | 我现在会跳一支舞,同时… |
[25:33] | on my nose. | 会在我的鼻子上放一把勺子 |
[25:42] | Go away! | 走开! |
[25:45] | JOE: Honey… | 亲爱的… |
[25:46] | Go away! | 走开! |
[25:47] | Honey, smile. | 亲爱的,笑笑 |
[25:49] | This is Daddy’s birthday present | 这可是爸爸的生日礼物 |
[25:50] | and I need you smile… Go away! | – 我要你笑一笑… – 走开! |
[25:52] | ALLISON: I think she wants you to go away. | 我觉得她想要你走开 |
[25:55] | I bet you can’t guess who the only two people | 我打赌你不能猜出谁是这个家里 |
[25:58] | in this family are | 唯一两个 |
[25:59] | who haven’t been captured on DVD yet? | 还没有被DVD所捕捉过的人? |
[26:03] | Let me think about it. | 让我来想一下 |
[26:06] | Time’s up. | 时间到 |
[26:08] | What was that question again? | 你再问一遍那个问题? |
[26:11] | Um, I… Are you forgetting that yesterday was my birthday? | 嗯,我…你忘记昨天是我的生日了吗? |
[26:17] | Exactly. | 是的 |
[26:18] | So ask me again in 364 days. | 所以在以后364天再问我一次 |
[26:22] | Hmm. Sorry, fella. | 嗯,对不起,伙计 |
[26:25] | I guess your work here for tonight is through. | 我猜你今晚在这里的活儿都干完了 |
[26:28] | I’m going to go lock the door. | 我要去锁门 |
[26:31] | And then I’m going to go brush my teeth. | 然后我要去刷牙 |
[26:33] | No. Don’t waste your time. | 不.不要浪费你的时间 |
[26:38] | I told you nothing’s going to happen. | 我告诉过你不会发生什么事的 |
[26:40] | Hardy-har, har, har. | 哈-哈 |
[27:12] | TRAVIS: So what am I looking for? | 我在找什么? |
[27:14] | KATHY: A Mercedes. | 一辆Mercedes |
[27:15] | It’ll be coming towards you. | 它会对着你开过来 |
[27:17] | It’s 11 after 11:00 so it should be any minute now. | 现在是11点,过了11点任何一分钟 都有可能出现 |
[27:20] | He plays cards every Wednesday at his club. | 他每周三会在他的俱乐部玩牌 |
[27:22] | They close the place at 11:00. | 他们会在11:00关门 |
[27:26] | TRAVIS: There’s one. I’m pretty sure there’s one. | 来了一辆.我肯定来了一辆 |
[27:30] | KATHY: Yeah. That’s it. I can tell from here. | 是的,就是那辆.我可以在这里看到 |
[27:32] | TRAVIS: You sure? | 你确定吗? |
[27:33] | I’m absolutely sure. That’s him. | 我相当确认.就是他 |
[27:41] | Bang. | 砰 |
[27:43] | Too bad this camera doesn’t have bullets. | 这个摄像机没有子弹实在是太糟糕了 |
[27:46] | That was a joke. I know. | – 我在开玩笑 – 我知道 |
[27:48] | ???????? | 这周吗? |
[27:49] | ?????????? | 我知道 |
[27:54] | So you’re telling me you believe | 你是在告诉我你相信 |
[27:56] | these two lovers you’ve been talking about… | 你在说的这两个爱人… |
[27:58] | Kathy and Travis. | Kathy和Travis |
[27:59] | …were trying to kill Kathy’s husband, | …正在试图杀死Kathy的丈夫 |
[28:01] | but shot Sean Caffey’s wife by mistake? | 但却误杀了Sean Caffey的妻子? |
[28:08] | Well, it would certainly | 如果这是真的话 |
[28:10] | simplify things if it were true. | 那就相当简单了 |
[28:12] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[28:13] | I mean, what a relief | 我是说,如果我们不再 |
[28:14] | if we’re no longer dealing with a homicidal maniac | 和一个杀人狂周旋会有多么的轻松 |
[28:17] | who’s bent on shooting people at random, | 那个倾向于随机射杀人的杀人狂 |
[28:19] | but rather a single act of passion. | 我情愿处理一起简单的头脑发热 做出的事情 |
[28:22] | Of course, you don’t know Kathy and Travis’ last name. | 当然,你不知道Kathy和Travis的姓 |
[28:24] | So it’s not like we can track these people down, | 所以我们就不能跟踪这些家伙 |
[28:27] | check this story out. | 把这个故事调查出来 |
[28:28] | Well, that’s the thing– | 有件事情– |
[28:29] | when I saw them rehearsing to kill this man, | 在我看见他们预演杀死这个男人的时候 |
[28:31] | the wife Kathy kept talking about this card game. | 那个妻子Kathy一直在说着 关于玩牌的事 |
[28:35] | How it had to end at 11:00. | 为什么他们必需在11点结束 |
[28:36] | Sounded like the same card game at the same club | 听起来像是Sean Caffey说过的 |
[28:39] | that Sean Caffey was talking about. | 那个同一个俱乐部玩的同一个牌游戏 |
[28:41] | What’s your point? | 你的意思是? |
[28:42] | Am I being naive, or isn’t it as simple as going to this club | 或许我有点天真,但我们是否可以 去这家俱乐部 |
[28:46] | and asking them if they have a member named Kathy | 问问看他们是否有个叫Kathy的会员 |
[28:48] | who’s married to a doctor? | 嫁给了一名医生? |
[28:52] | Anything to help solve Mrs. Caffey’s murder. | 我会尽力帮你们解决Caffey夫人的谋杀案 |
[28:54] | Everyone around here’s devastated, | 这里的每个人都被毁了 |
[28:57] | as you can imagine. | 你可以想像 |
[28:59] | We’re actually interested in talking to some people | 我们只是真的很有兴趣跟一些 |
[29:01] | we think may have important information | 我们觉得或许对这起谋杀 |
[29:02] | about the killing. | 掌握了重要信息的人谈谈 |
[29:04] | People we believe to be members of the club here. | 那个我们相信是这家俱乐部里 的会员的人 |
[29:06] | They’re a couple. The husband’s a doctor. | 他们是一对夫妻 丈夫是个医生 |
[29:09] | Drives a car very similar to the one Mrs. Caffey drove– | 开了一辆和Caffey夫人开的 很相似的车– |
[29:12] | expensive black sedan. | 昂贵的黑色私家车 |
[29:14] | A lot of the gentlemen here drive expensive black sedans. | 这里的许多先生都开的是 昂贵的黑色私家车 |
[29:18] | And any number of our members are physicians. | 我们每个会员都是医师 |
[29:21] | Can you tell me anything else about him? | 你还能告诉我一些其他的信息吗? |
[29:23] | He plays cards here on Wednesdays at the club. | 在每周三在这家俱乐部玩牌 |
[29:26] | His wife is named Kathy. | 他的妻子名字叫Kathy |
[29:28] | She has brown hair, maybe 25. | 她有一头棕发,或许25岁 |
[29:31] | Mrs. Dubois, | Dubois夫人 |
[29:32] | I have been at this club for almost 25 years. | 我在这家俱乐部待了25年 |
[29:34] | I know every member personally. | 我认识每个会员 |
[29:37] | And the only female member named Kathy | 唯一一个叫做Kathy的女会员 |
[29:39] | is a 63-year-old divorcee. | 是个63岁的离婚者 |
[29:44] | Okay, so much for Kathy. | 好吧,对Kathy的事就这样了 |
[29:48] | Would it be possible to get our hands on a list | 有没有可能让我们看看 |
[29:49] | of the gentlemen who played cards here last Wednesday? | 上个星期三在这里玩牌 的先生的名单? |
[29:51] | Maybe the Wednesday before that as well? | 或许之前的星期三的更好? |
[29:54] | I’m sorry, but there is no list. | 对不起,但没有名单 |
[29:57] | Wednesday is ladies only. | 星期三只接待女性 |
[29:59] | Has been for as long as I’ve been here. | 我到这里以后就一直这样了 |
[30:03] | If there’s nothing else for the moment, | 如果这里没有其他的事情 |
[30:04] | we have a luncheon I really need to look in on. | 我必需要去看一下我们这里的午宴了 |
[30:08] | Of course. We appreciate your help. | 当然,我们很感谢你的帮助 |
[30:10] | If you need me, I’ll be in the clubhouse. | 如果你们要找我,我会在俱乐部会所里 |
[30:15] | What brand was that camera? | 那个摄像机的牌子是什么? |
[30:16] | I want to make sure I don’t get one of those. I’m sorry. | – 我想确定我不会买这个牌子的 – 对不起 |
[30:19] | We should head back to the ranch. Hey… | – 我们应该回到那个农场去了 – 嘿… |
[30:24] | That’s Kathy. | 那是Kathy |
[30:26] | What’d you say? | 你说什么? |
[30:28] | ALLISON: Excuse me, Miss. | 不好意思,小姐 |
[30:29] | Waitress… | 服务员… |
[30:31] | Hey. Sorry, were you calling me? | 嘿,对不起,你在叫我吗? |
[30:33] | What can I get for you? | 我有什么可以帮你的? |
[30:34] | Something to eat, something to drink? | 你要一些吃的,还是一些喝的? |
[30:36] | Diana. | |
[30:39] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗? |
[30:42] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[30:43] | Yeah, I’m okay. | 是啊,我很好 |
[30:44] | Just from over there you look so familiar. | 只是觉得你看起来很面熟 |
[30:49] | Been here almost a year and a half, so… | 我在这里待了一年半,所以… |
[30:52] | Are you a member or a guest, or…? | 你是会员还是访客,还是…? |
[30:54] | A guest, a visitor. | 一个访客,一个参观者 |
[30:56] | Oh. | 哦 – 太奇怪了 – 你之前有碰到过这种事吗? |
[30:57] | It’s weird. Has that ever happened to you? | 哦 – 太奇怪了 – 你之前有碰到过这种事吗? |
[31:00] | No, I’m certain we’ve met. | 不,我肯定我们见过 |
[31:02] | But your name wasn’t Diana. | 但你不是叫Diana |
[31:06] | I think you were with your husband. | 我想当时你和你的丈夫在一起 |
[31:09] | Okay, if you say so. | 好吧,如果你这么说的话 |
[31:12] | Only thing is, I’m single. | 唯一一件事,我单身 |
[31:15] | So… | 所以… |
[31:18] | Are you sure I can’t get you anything? | 你确定我不要帮你拿点东西吗? |
[31:20] | No, I’m fine, thanks. | 不,我很好,谢谢 |
[31:23] | Okay, well, holler of you need me. | 好的,如果你需要我就叫我 |
[31:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:26] | Who’s that? What’d you have to say? | 那是谁?你要说什么? |
[31:28] | Her? Nothing, nobody. | 她?没事,没什么 |
[31:37] | Sorry I’m late. | 对不起我晚了 |
[31:43] | Saved you some Chinese. | 帮你留了些中餐 |
[31:48] | Wow, someone had a bad day. | 哇哦,有人今天可过的不好 |
[31:52] | I wasted half a day at the golf course | 我在高尔夫球场没有理由地 |
[31:54] | for no reason at all. | 浪费了半天时间 |
[31:56] | Questioned someone I had no business questioning. | 质问了一个我没有理由质问的人 |
[31:59] | By the time I got back to the office, | 我回到办公室后 |
[32:00] | there were all these meetings about a sniper | 都是关于那个狙击手的会议 |
[32:03] | who seems to have gone on vacation. | 看起来他好像是去渡假了 |
[32:09] | Oh, man. | 哦,伙计 |
[32:12] | I want to take that thing back. | 我想把那个东西退回去 |
[32:13] | Oh, man. | 哦,伙计 |
[32:14] | What thing? What are you talking about? | 什么东西?你在说什么? |
[32:19] | Girls. | 女孩们 |
[32:21] | Are you through with that? | 你们看完了吗? |
[32:23] | JOE: What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[32:25] | The camera. I want to take it back. | 摄像机,我想把它退回去 |
[32:27] | I’ll get you a different one, | 我会帮你弄另外一个 |
[32:28] | but I want to take this one back. | 但我想把这个退回去 |
[32:30] | Why? I like it. | 为什么?我喜欢这个 |
[32:31] | Yeah, well, for what it’s worth, I like it, too. | 是啊,相对于它的价值,我也很喜欢 |
[32:33] | Is something the matter with it, Mommy? | 这个有什么问题吗,妈妈? |
[32:35] | Yeah, I think so. | 是啊,我这么觉得 |
[32:36] | The guy who sold it to me | 那个卖这个东西给我的家伙 |
[32:38] | gave me a huge discount on it. | 给了我相当大的折扣 |
[32:39] | Every night since I gave it to you | 自从我把这个给你以后的每天晚上 |
[32:41] | I watch you turn it off. Then I come out here | 我都看着你把它关掉 但我在半夜 |
[32:43] | in the middle of the night, | 走到这里的时候 |
[32:44] | it’s turned itself back on. I’m worried it’s going | 它就会自己打开,我担心这会 |
[32:47] | to catch fire or something. What? | – 引起火灾之类的 – 什么? |
[32:49] | I’ll get another one a different one… | 我去换另外一个 不同的型号… |
[32:51] | I promise. | 我答应你 |
[32:53] | Tomorrow. I promise. | 明天.我答应你 |
[33:04] | I don’t want to hear a peep. You’re going back. | 我不想再做个偷窥者 你就给我回去吧 |
[33:13] | Ah… | 啊… |
[33:14] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[33:16] | Do you hear that? | 你听到了吗? |
[33:19] | No. | 没有 |
[33:19] | I don’t hear anything. | 我没有听到任何声音 |
[33:21] | Go back to sleep. | 继续睡吧 |
[33:31] | Doesn’t anyone hear that but me? | 除了我就没有人听到声音了吗? |
[33:49] | Aw… | 啊… |
[34:15] | TRAVIS: It’s open. | 门是开着的 |
[34:22] | Can you turn that thing off, honey? | 你能把那个东西关了吗,亲爱的? |
[34:24] | TRAVIS: No. I’d really rather not. | 不,我比较不同意关掉 |
[34:27] | The first time I saw you | 我第一次看见你的时候 |
[34:28] | it was through this thing. | 就是通过这个东西 |
[34:29] | I have a fond memory of that. | 我对此有一段美好的回忆 |
[34:32] | And I have a hunch we’re gonna be needing some memories. | 而我也有预感我们会需要一些回忆的 |
[34:35] | So I’ll just keep pointing this memory-maker at you | 所以如果你不介意的话,我会一直 |
[34:37] | if you don’t mind. | 那这个回忆制造机对着你 |
[34:39] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[34:41] | We’re together forever, baby. | 我们永远会在一起的,亲爱的 |
[34:43] | TRAVIS: You think so? | 你这么觉得吗? |
[34:45] | WeWe shot the wrong car. | 我们,我们开枪射中了一辆错误的车 |
[34:47] | We shot the wrong person. | 我们射中了一个错误的人 |
[34:50] | You saw the news? | 你看新闻了? |
[34:52] | How could I miss the news? | 我怎么会错过那个新闻呢? |
[34:53] | It’s everywhere. | 到处都是 |
[34:54] | We shot a woman, Kathy. | 我们杀一个女人,Kathy |
[34:57] | Some woman driving home. | 一个开车回家的女人 |
[35:00] | Okay. So next time we’ll kill the right person. | 好的,那下次我们会杀了正确的那个人 |
[35:02] | What? Next time? Kathy, I don’t know if I have a “next time” in me. | 什么?下一次?Kathy,我不知道 我是否还有下一次机会 |
[35:06] | I mean, if we’re lucky enough | 我是说,如果我们足够幸运 |
[35:07] | to get away with this, I don’t know | 能够逃脱这件事情的话 我也不知道 |
[35:08] | if I want to tempt fate with a “next time.” | 我是否还想用”下一次”来试探命运的安排 |
[35:10] | Well, what’s the alternative? | 那你的选择是什么? |
[35:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:14] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道怎么做 |
[35:17] | We can’t run away together– | 我们没法一起跑掉– |
[35:18] | you’re still married. | 你还是已婚的身份 |
[35:19] | You’re not gonna get the money. | 你也拿不到钱 |
[35:23] | You tell me. | 你告诉我 |
[35:25] | What do you think we should do? | 你觉得我们应该怎么做? |
[35:28] | Well, I don’t think you should sit there crying like a baby. | 我觉得你不应该就坐在这里 哭得像个孩子一样 |
[35:32] | Listen to yourself. | 听听你自己 |
[35:34] | You sound like you want to commit suicide or something. | 听起来像是你想把自己了结了 |
[35:37] | Suicide? | 自杀? |
[35:57] | Seems to be working fine. | 看起来还是运作良好 |
[35:59] | No… I’m sure it is. | 是的…我确信很好 |
[36:01] | It’s just, um… | 只是,嗯… |
[36:03] | my boyfriend gave it to me and… I’m just | 我的男朋友把这个给了我…我只是个 |
[36:05] | not a memory person, you know? | 没什么记性的家伙,你知道 |
[36:07] | I’m really about the here and the now. | 既然我现在到了这里 |
[36:08] | So, here’s the receipt. | 这是收据 |
[36:13] | Any chance I can get cash? | 我可以拿回现金吗? |
[36:21] | Sorry to wake you at this hour | 很抱歉在这个时候吵醒你 |
[36:22] | but I thought you’d want to know. | 但我觉得你会想知道的 |
[36:24] | You were partially right. | 你有部分说对了 |
[36:26] | Right about what? | 说对什么了? |
[36:28] | Guy’s name was Travis. | 那个家伙的名字叫Travis |
[36:30] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[36:31] | Whose name was Travis? | 谁的名字叫Travis? |
[36:34] | Travis McQueen, 24 years old. | Travis McQueen, 24岁 |
[36:37] | He was an Army sharpshooter. | 他是个军队神枪手 |
[36:39] | Mustered out of the service five months ago. | 5个月前从部队被召了回来 |
[36:41] | Couple of uniforms responded to an odd smell | 有一些工人反应从城里的一间公寓里 |
[36:44] | coming from an apartment downtown. | 有一股恶臭传出来 |
[36:47] | Found a high-powered rifle with a night scope. | 我们找到了一支带有夜视镜的 强火力来复枪 |
[36:50] | not to mention a dead body. | 当然还有一具尸体 |
[36:51] | Young guy. I’m guessing he’s been sitting here | 年轻的家伙.我猜他已经坐在这里 |
[36:53] | almost three days. | 有足足三天了 |
[36:55] | Looks like a suicide. | 看起来像是自杀 |
[36:59] | ??????????? | 当然看起来像 |
[37:12] | Sorry. Uh, I’m not sure if this is where I’m supposed to be. | 对不起,呃,我不确定这里 是否是我要来的地方 |
[37:15] | Diana. | |
[37:16] | Diana Marvin. | |
[37:19] | I have a strong feeling this is exactly | 我非常强烈地感到 |
[37:20] | where you’re supposed to be. | 这就是你要来的地方 |
[37:26] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[37:27] | Diana. | |
[37:35] | Of course I know who he is. | 我当然知道他是谁 |
[37:36] | He’s been a member of the club I work at | 我在那家俱乐部工作开始 |
[37:38] | since I’ve been there. | 他就是那里的会员了 |
[37:39] | Not to mention he’s been | 更不用说他最近出现在 |
[37:40] | all over the papers and the news. | 所有的报纸和新闻里了 |
[37:42] | I know you arrested him, which is absurd. | 我知道你们拘捕了他,这太荒谬了 |
[37:47] | I feel so terrible for him. | 我觉得他非常惨 |
[37:50] | You know, what happened to his life. | 你知道,他妻子发生了这种事 |
[37:51] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[37:54] | I know there’s a news blackout, but… | 我知道有新闻管制,但是… |
[37:57] | are you folks any closer to catching | 你们有没有新的线索来 |
[37:58] | the person who’s actually responsible? | 抓住真正做了这件事的人呢? |
[38:00] | We certainly think so. | 我们的确那么认为 |
[38:02] | That’s good. | 那就好 |
[38:04] | If you don’t mind my asking, | 你是否不介意我问一下 |
[38:05] | just how well did you know him? | 你对他有多了解? |
[38:08] | We’re getting awfully personal here. | 我们私下非常友好 |
[38:12] | I’m happy to help with your investigation, | 我很高兴来帮你们进行调查 |
[38:15] | You know, if Sean needs a character witness, | 你知道,如果Sean需要一个人证的话 |
[38:17] | I’m only too happy to help, but… | 我是唯一一个乐意帮他的,但是… |
[38:19] | Sean indicated | Sean指出 |
[38:20] | that the two of you were deeply involved for some months. | 你们两个曾经有几个月非常亲密 |
[38:25] | Is… is that against the law? | 那…那违反法律了吗? |
[38:29] | Is that why I’m here? | 那就是我在这里的原因吗? |
[38:30] | Do you mind if I ask… | 你介意我问一下… |
[38:32] | Who ended the affair? | 是谁终止了这段关系? |
[38:35] | No one ended anything. | 没有谁终止什么关系 |
[38:39] | Sean Caffey is a married man. | Sean Caffey是个已经结了婚的男人 |
[38:41] | The reality of the situation became obvious to both of us. | 这个境况的事实对我们两个 来说都很明显 |
[38:44] | So you knew he wasn’t about to divorce his wife for you. | 所以你知道他并没有为了你 而和他的妻子离婚 |
[38:46] | He didn’t offer. | 他从来没那么说过 |
[38:48] | I certainly never asked. | 我当然也从没有要求过 |
[38:51] | Do you mind if I ask where you’re going with this? | 你们是否介意我问一下 你们到底想了解什么吗? |
[38:54] | Are you aware | 你是否知道 |
[38:55] | That Mr. Caffey was bound to a prenuptial agreement | Caffey先生被强制签订了一份婚前协议 |
[38:58] | that for all intents and purposes | 所有的意图和目的都为了 |
[38:59] | would leave him penniless if his marriage ended in divorce? | 如果他的婚姻以离婚收场 那他将一贫如洗? |
[39:03] | I don’t understand what you’re saying. | 我不明白你在说什么 一个贫穷的离婚者 |
[39:06] | but extraordinarily wealthy as a widower. | 或是一个特别有钱的鳏夫 |
[39:11] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[39:13] | Well, it’s… | 那,这个… |
[39:16] | flattering to assume your lover | 我很高兴假设你的爱人 |
[39:18] | might do anything to be with you. | 或许会对你做这样的事情 |
[39:20] | That you could | 你就可以 |
[39:21] | stir that kind of passion in another person. | 在另外个人身上撒布这种谣言 |
[39:27] | Sean is many things, | Sean会做很多事情 |
[39:28] | but he is not a murderer. | 但不会是个凶手 |
[39:30] | Not even with help? | 如果有帮助的话也不会? |
[39:32] | No. Not Sean. | 不,Sean不会 |
[39:34] | Not ever. | 永远不会 |
[39:37] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[39:40] | Thank goodness. | 感谢上帝 |
[39:42] | I do, too. | 我也是 |
[39:44] | I don’t think he had anything to do with it. | 我觉得他和这个一点关系也没有 |
[39:46] | I don’t think he knew anything | 我觉得他对此都 |
[39:47] | about it. I’m sure he didn’t. | – 一无所知 – 我肯定他不知道 |
[39:51] | Do you know a man named Travis McQueen? | 你认识一个叫Travis McQueen的人吗? |
[39:56] | Did you say “Travis”? | 你是说”Travis”? |
[39:59] | I don’t know anyone | 我不认识任何一个叫做 |
[40:00] | by the name of Travis, no. | Travis的人,不认识 |
[40:04] | SCANLON: He was a sharpshooter | 他曾经是 |
[40:05] | in the Army. | 军队中的神枪手 |
[40:06] | Been out about six months now. | 现在已经请假出来6个月了 |
[40:08] | He liked to hang around in the park, | 他喜欢在公园闲逛 |
[40:09] | take long-lens pictures of pretty girls, chat them up, | 用长镜头捕捉漂亮的女生,和她们聊天 |
[40:11] | talk about his adventures as a sniper in Iraq. | 谈论他作为一个神枪手 在伊拉克的冒险经历 |
[40:14] | No, I’m sorry. | 不,我很抱歉 |
[40:16] | How about Kathy? | 那Kathy呢? |
[40:19] | Kathy… just Kathy? | Kathy… 只有Kathy吗? |
[40:21] | Do she have a last name? | 她姓什么? |
[40:23] | I’m sure she does. | 我确定她有姓 |
[40:25] | All I know is she was Travis’s girlfriend. | 但我所知道的只是她是Travis的女朋友 |
[40:27] | or, | 或者 |
[40:29] | at least, she pretended to be. | 至少,她假装是他的女朋友 |
[40:31] | No, sorry. | 不,对不起 |
[40:34] | Don’t know a Travis, don’t know a Kathy. | 不认识一个叫Travis的 不认识一个叫Kathy的 |
[40:36] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[40:37] | And are you prepared to swear to that? | 你准备好对此起誓了吗? |
[40:40] | In a court of law? | 在法庭上? |
[40:41] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[40:47] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权力保持沉默 |
[40:48] | Anything you say can and will | 所有你说的话 |
[40:50] | be used against you in a court of law. | 都将作为陈堂证供 |
[40:52] | You have the right to counsel. | 你有权力请律师 |
[40:54] | Hold on. | 慢着 |
[40:55] | I just told you– | 我告诉你们了– |
[40:57] | whoever this person is, | 不管这个人是谁 |
[40:58] | whoever his girlfriend is, | 不管他的女朋友是谁 |
[40:59] | however they were involved in this thing, I don’t know them. | 不管他们和这件事有什么牵连 我都不认识他们 |
[41:02] | Why don’t you bring Allison’s friend in here? | 你为什么不去把Allison的朋友带进来呢? |
[41:04] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:12] | This will just take a second. | 只要一会儿时间 |
[41:22] | SCANLON: This is the lady, right? | 就是这位女士,是不是? |
[41:23] | STORE CLERK: Uh-huh. | 呃-嗯 |
[41:24] | Hi, Kathy. | 嗨,Kathy |
[41:26] | SCANLON: And you’re prepared to testify to that | 你准备好在法庭上 |
[41:28] | in a court of law? | 作证了吗? |
[41:29] | CLERK: Uh-huh. Yeah, sure. | 呃-嗯,是的,当然 |
[41:31] | That’s her. Kathy. | 就是她,Kathy |
[41:32] | She came in and exchanged a video camera for store credit. | 她进来调换了一台摄像机 |
[41:35] | How’s that flash screen working out for you? | 那个闪屏你搞定了吗? |
[41:39] | And the proof of purchase was this receipt, | 而购买的证据就是这张收据 |
[41:41] | charged to the credit card of Travis McQueen? | 是用Travis McQueen的信用卡付的? |
[41:44] | That’s the receipt. | 就是那张收据 |
[41:49] | Hey. You want to hear something funny? | 嘿,你们想听一件有意思的事情吗? |
[41:52] | It may well be that the camera you returned… | 或许那台你退回来的摄像机… |
[41:56] | …is the one I sold her. | …被我卖给了她 |
[41:58] | Hmm. Huh. | – 嗯 – 呵 |
[42:00] | Go figure. | 真巧啊 |