时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | ?i have to get out | 我要出去了 |
[00:10] | ?i’m turning to a reason???? | 我要变得理智些 |
[00:24] | ?hey lover | 嘿,爱人 |
[00:26] | ?he suppose to followe me out | 你不是应该给我一起出来吗 |
[00:28] | In a minute. | 马上 |
[00:29] | I was thinking of actually getting some showering done in here first. | 我觉得我应该真的先在这里洗干净 |
[00:39] | ANNOUNCER: In February, 1996, | 在1996年2月 |
[00:41] | the police in Portland, Oregon were no closer to finding | 俄勒冈州,波特兰市的警察对找出 |
[00:44] | the so-called Suitcase Killer | 被称为手提箱凶手毫无进展 |
[00:46] | than they had been 11 months earlier | 而在11个月之前 |
[00:48] | when the first of his six victims was found– | 他们发现了第一名受害者– |
[00:51] | dismembered and stuffed inside a suitcase. | 被肢解后塞进了一个手提箱 |
[00:55] | They sought the assistance | 他们只能寻求 |
[00:57] | of FBI criminal profiler Edward Cooper. | FBI犯罪侧写专家Edward Cooper的帮助 |
[00:59] | Cooper’s insights led the police | Cooper的洞察力引导警察 |
[01:01] | to a failed dental student named Richard Gomez. | 找到了一名辍学的牙科学生 名为Richard Gomez |
[01:04] | A search of Gomez’s apartment yielded the bloody handsaw | 在对Gomez住所的搜查过程中 发现了带血的手锯 |
[01:08] | that he used to dismember his victims… (man whistling tune) | 是他用于肢解受害人的… |
[01:11] | During Gomez’s trial… You better hurry up. | – 在Gomez的审讯过程中… – 你最好快点 |
[01:13] | a bureaucratic error compromised the prosecution. | 一个官僚错误导致了起诉的失败 |
[01:14] | I’m getting pretty into this show, you might lose me. | 洗完澡后的我是最漂亮的,你或许会错过 |
[01:16] | The bloody handsaw was misplaced. | 带血的手锯被放错了地方 |
[01:19] | Civic employees scoured the evidence storage room | 政府职员找遍了证据贮藏室 |
[01:21] | but they were never able to locate it. | 但他们还是没能找到手锯的位置 |
[01:24] | Richard Gomez was acquitted. | Richard Gomez被宣告无罪释放 |
[01:27] | Richard Gomez murdered those young women. | Richard Gomez谋杀了那些年轻的女人 |
[01:30] | There’s no doubt about that. | 对此毫无怀疑 |
[01:33] | Seeing him walk free… | 看着他无罪走出去… |
[01:36] | I’m not sure I can describe what that feels like. | 我很难描述此刻的心情 |
[01:38] | To this day, | 直到今天 |
[01:39] | no one knows the present whereabouts of Richard Gomez. | 没有人知道Richard Gomez现在的行踪 |
[01:43] | The serial killer who scoffed at the law. | 这个嘲弄了法律的连续杀人犯 |
[01:46] | (man whistling “Strangers in the Night” ) | |
[01:52] | Why’d you shut it off? | 你为什么把它关了? |
[01:57] | I was watching that. | 我正看着呢 |
[01:59] | (screaming) | |
[02:02] | (Joe whistling “Strangers in the Night”) | |
[02:06] | (shower running) | |
[02:09] | Hey, songbird, you think you could keep the whistling down? | 嘿,歌手,你觉得你可以不再吹口哨了吗? |
[02:15] | I’m trying to have a nightmare in here. | 我正想继续做个恶梦呢 |
[03:12] | Mommy, the syrup’s cold. | 妈妈,果汁是凉的 |
[03:14] | That’s okay, the waffles are hot. | 没事,华夫饼干是热的 |
[03:16] | Eat them both at the same time, you got warm. | 把它们同时吃下去,你就会暖和的 |
[03:18] | Guys, when you’re done, bring all your dishes to the sink. | 伙计们,你们吃完后,把盘子都浸到水槽里 |
[03:23] | ARIEL: Hey, what’s Marie doing? | 嘿,Marie在干嘛? |
[03:24] | There’s nothing on that channel. | 那个频道什么也没有 |
[03:26] | Give me the remote. | 把遥控器给我 |
[03:27] | No, Marie likes it. | 不,Marie喜欢 |
[03:29] | And why can’t she get to pick sometimes? | 为什么有时不能让她来选择频道呢? |
[03:31] | She also like smearing jelly all over her face, | 她还喜欢把果冻弄得满脸都是呢 |
[03:33] | but that doesn’t mean we should let her. | 但那并不表示我们应该让她那么做 |
[03:34] | So give me the remote. | 所以把遥控器给我 |
[03:36] | JOE: You know what, give me the remote. | 你知道嘛,把遥控器给我 |
[03:39] | It’s morning, it’s breakfast, | 现在是早上,吃早饭的时间 |
[03:40] | it’s way too early to be fighting over television. | 现在进行抢夺电视大战也太早了些 |
[03:43] | It’s way too early for television period. | 现在离看电视的时段也太早了些 |
[03:47] | Right, Mommy? | 对不对,妈妈? |
[03:49] | Um, why aren’t you guys watching TV? | 嗯,你们为什么不看电视了? |
[03:52] | Daddy said no. | 爸爸说不能 |
[03:56] | Hey, let Marie pick for a change. | 嘿,让Marie选择一个频道 |
[03:58] | Turn it up. | 把它开起来 |
[04:05] | I had a dream about this guy last night. | 我昨晚梦见了这个家伙 |
[04:07] | Oh, yeah? | 哦,是吗? |
[04:09] | What’s he got that I don’t? | 他有什么我没有的吗? |
[04:11] | As an amazing reputation | 作为一名罪犯侧写专家 |
[04:12] | as a criminal profiler for one thing. | 所得到的巨大名声是你没有的 |
[04:15] | I read this book in college for a criminology course. | 我在读犯罪学课程的时候读过这本书 |
[04:18] | Hmm… | 嗯… |
[04:19] | And the dream? | 那梦呢? |
[04:21] | It was about an old case of his from years ago– | 是关于几年前的一件旧案– |
[04:24] | Richard Gomez. | |
[04:25] | And the girl, the victim, | 还有那个女孩,受害者 |
[04:28] | her picture’s no where in here. | 她的照片没有在这里出现 |
[04:31] | She doesn’t look anything like any of the people in here. | 她看起来不像是这里面的任何人 |
[04:35] | Sorry. (chuckles) | 对不起 |
[04:36] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[04:38] | I think I just decided to become a vegetarian. | 我觉得我刚刚决定了要成为一个素食者 |
[04:42] | (phone rings) | |
[04:44] | Allison Dubois. | 我是Allison Dubois |
[04:47] | I’m sorry, you’ve reached the wrong extension. | 对不起 ,你播错了分机 |
[04:49] | Sure, I can transfer you. | 当然,我可以帮你转过去 |
[04:52] | Actually, I can see from here | 事实上,我可以从这里看见 |
[04:53] | the District Attorney’s not in his office. | 地检官不在他的办公室 |
[04:57] | I believe he’s in a conference. | 我相信他正在开会 |
[05:00] | DEVALOS: Yes. | 进来 |
[05:01] | Sorry to interrupt… sir. | 很抱歉打断…先生 |
[05:08] | Allison, what? | Allison,什么事? |
[05:10] | Sorry to interrupt, sir. | 很抱歉打断你们,先生 |
[05:11] | I have a message for you. He said it was important. | 我有个口信给你.他说这很重要 |
[05:13] | He’s only going to be there another half hour. | 他还要再过半个小时才能过来 |
[05:15] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哈 |
[05:17] | Um, oh, forgive me, I’m sorry. | 嗯,哦,真是对不起 |
[05:21] | Allison Dubois, this is Special… | Allison Dubois,这位是特别… |
[05:22] | ALLISON: Edward Cooper of the FBI. | FBI的Edward Cooper |
[05:25] | I’m very familiar with your work, sir. | 我对你的工作非常熟悉,先生 |
[05:28] | It’s an honor to meet you. | 很荣幸见到你 |
[05:29] | And what is it you do for the District Attorney | 你在地检局是做什么的? |
[05:32] | that makes you so familiar with my work? | 让你对我的工作如此熟悉? |
[05:34] | Uh, Allison was studying law and criminology | 呃,Allison在她进来为我们工作之前 |
[05:37] | when she came to work for us, | 学过法律和犯罪学 |
[05:38] | and while she doesn’t actually have a law degree, | 虽然她实际上并没有得到法律学位 |
[05:40] | she’s proven to be a very effective resource when it comes to jury selection. | 但在对陪审团的选择上面 她被证实了是有相当的实力 |
[05:43] | Pretty good with crime scene analysis as well. | 对于犯罪现场的分析也非常独到 |
[05:46] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[05:48] | Jury selection, huh? | 陪审团的选择,是吗? |
[05:49] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:50] | Well, you must be a good judge of human nature. | 你一定是天生的一名好法官 |
[05:52] | Keen sense of intuition? | 敏锐的直觉? |
[05:55] | You might like to join us. | 你或许想加入我们 |
[05:56] | Actually, I need to return this call | 事实上,我必需去回复这个电话 |
[06:00] | and go over a few things with Allison myself. | 和Allison去处理一些事情 |
[06:02] | Maybe we can reconvene back here in say ten minutes? | 或许我们可以在十分钟后 重新在这里集合再谈? |
[06:11] | Edward Cooper! Oh, my God! Yes. | – Edward Cooper!哦,我的上帝! – 是的 |
[06:13] | That’s so strange– I had a dream about him last night. | 这太怪异了-我昨晚做梦梦到了他 |
[06:15] | As you probably figured out by now, | 你或许现在可以发现 |
[06:17] | Agent Cooper and his staff are going to be using the conference room | Cooper探员和他的职员会把这个会议室 |
[06:20] | as their temporary base of operations. | 作为他们这次行动的临时基地 |
[06:21] | They’re in town on a case. | 他们在镇上处理一件案子 |
[06:25] | But to be honest with you, | 但我要老实跟你说 |
[06:26] | I was sort of hoping | 我有些希望 |
[06:27] | that you wouldn’t run into each other. | 你们彼此不要走得太近 |
[06:29] | Why? | 为什么? 我不知道,这个男的让我感到非常不安 |
[06:30] | I don’t know. The man makes me very nervous. | 为什么? 我不知道,这个男的让我感到非常不安 |
[06:32] | Anyway, I know I don’t really need to tell you this, | 总之,我知道我没有必要告诉你这个 |
[06:35] | but we need to be especially discrete about what it is | 但我们需要把你真正在这里做什么 |
[06:37] | you really do here, | 你是如何来做的 |
[06:38] | and how you do it. | 特别区分开来 |
[06:39] | Hey, as long as I can sit in the room. | 嘿,至少我可以坐在那个房间里 |
[06:42] | As you all know, three days ago | 你们都知道,3天前 |
[06:43] | a jogger found the body of Diane Colquitt | 有个慢跑者发现了Diane Colquitt的尸体 |
[06:46] | on a path in Boyce Park here in Phoenix. | 在菲尼克斯城这里的Boyce公园小径上 |
[06:49] | Diane was a 16-year-old prostitute. | Diane是个16岁的妓女 |
[06:51] | Appears that someone picked her up, | 很明显有人把她开车 |
[06:53] | drove her to the park, | 送到了公园 |
[06:54] | and then strangled her with own underwear. | 然后用她自己内衣扼死了她 |
[06:57] | Every detail of Diane’s killing matches a series | 每一个Diane谋杀案的细节都和我和局里 |
[07:01] | of murders the Bureau and I are investigating | 正在调查的发生在俄亥俄州 |
[07:04] | up in Columbus, Ohio. | 哥伦布市的连续凶杀案相匹配 |
[07:06] | Four young girls dead, | 4个年轻的女孩死了 |
[07:09] | all of them prostitutes, | 她们都是妓女 |
[07:10] | all of them strangled with their own undergarments. | 她们都被自己的内衣所扼死 |
[07:13] | All of them found hands bound behind their back | 她们被发现的时候都是双手被绑在 |
[07:16] | with a sailor’s hitch knot. | 后面,打的是水手结 |
[07:18] | Every girl dumped facedown on a jogging path. | 每个女孩都在面朝下被仍在慢跑的小径上 |
[07:22] | When was the last killing in Ohio? | 在俄亥俄州发生的最后一起 凶杀案是什么时候? |
[07:24] | Little over ten weeks ago. | 十个星期多一点前 |
[07:26] | So you’re thinking that your killer migrated | 所以你觉得你的凶手已经从 |
[07:28] | from the Midwest to here? | 中西部转移到了这里? |
[07:30] | Killers aren’t immune to the cold. | 凶手对寒冷可不是免疫的 |
[07:32] | They’ve been known to travel south for the winter. | 他们都知道了来南部渡过冬天 |
[07:34] | This is a very preliminary | 这是一个非常初步的 |
[07:36] | psychological profile of the killer. | 凶手心理侧写 |
[07:38] | It appears that he is threatened by women. | 显示他被女性所威胁 |
[07:41] | Based on the forensic evidence recovered | 基于在俄亥俄州找到的 |
[07:43] | from the four Ohio victims, | 4个受害人身上的证据 |
[07:45] | we believe that he prefers to have sex with his victims | 我们相信他只有在受害人 |
[07:48] | only after they’re dead. | 死后才喜欢和她们有性关系 |
[07:50] | Has he left any bodily fluids behind? | 他有没有留下什么体液? |
[07:52] | Any DNA to work from? | 可以从中找到什么DNA? |
[07:54] | No. | 没有 |
[07:55] | He’s methodical about cleaning up after himself. | 他有系统地在完事后清洁了他自己 |
[07:57] | Extraordinarily thorough, which makes me suspect | 格外彻底,这让我们怀疑 |
[08:00] | he’s had a lot of practice doing what he does. | 他对他所做的事情有过很多实践 |
[08:04] | I have an appointment with the coroner to personally examine | 我和验尸官越好了亲自来检查 |
[08:07] | Diane Colquitt’s remains. | Diane Colquitt的尸体 |
[08:10] | My team and I will be there at 3:00. | 我和我的小组会在3点到这里 |
[08:12] | Anyone from this office that would care to join us, | 这个办公室的任何人想加入我们的 |
[08:15] | please do so. | 一律欢迎 |
[08:18] | JOE: I’m sorry to stick you with babysitting duty, honey. | 我很抱歉要让你们做保姆的工作,亲爱的 |
[08:21] | Mommy called me at the last minute | 妈妈在最后一分钟打电话给我 |
[08:22] | to pick you guys up. | 来接你们回家 |
[08:23] | I got to get back to work. | 我要回去工作了 |
[08:25] | We’ll be okay, Daddy. Bridgette and I have homework | 我们会处理好的,爸爸 Bridgette和我有家庭作业要做 |
[08:27] | and Marie can just sit | Marie可以和我们一起 |
[08:27] | with us and watch television. Police, fire, doctor– | – 坐在这里看电视 – 警察,消防局,医生– |
[08:30] | all the numbers you need are on the fridge. | 所有你们需要的电话号码都在冰箱上 |
[08:32] | Look, it’s your favorite show. | 瞧,这是你最喜欢的节目 |
[08:33] | You have my cell phone, you have Mommy’s cell phone. | 你们有我的手机号码,有妈妈的手机号码 |
[08:36] | One of us will be home by 5:30 at the absolute latest. | 最晚最晚我们中的一个会在5:30到家 |
[08:38] | Daddy, I’ve got it under control. | 爸爸,我会把一切控制好的 |
[08:40] | Okay, we’ve got to find something better | 好了,我们要找些比现在更好的 |
[08:41] | for her to watch than this. | 节目给她看 |
[08:45] | Back, back, back, back, back. | 回去,回去,回去,回去,回去 |
[08:48] | Huh, what’s wrong, sweetie? | 嗯,怎么了,亲爱的? |
[08:50] | She likes the other one. | 她喜欢另外一个 |
[08:51] | There’s nothing on the other channel. | 那个频道什么也没有 |
[08:53] | Back, back, back, | 回去,回去,回去 |
[08:54] | back, back. | 回去,回去 |
[09:01] | Told you. | 告诉过你了 |
[09:02] | WOMAN: As you indicated on the phone, | 你们在电话中已经知道 |
[09:04] | the victim had been fairly well cleaned up by her attacker, | 受害人已经被攻击她的人彻底清洁过了 |
[09:08] | but we did pull this off her underwear. | 但我们还是从她的内衣里面拔出了这个 |
[09:11] | It’s dog hair. | 是狗毛 |
[09:13] | Looks to me like something from the terrier family. | 我觉得是一个养狗的人家 |
[09:26] | COOPER: Her fingernails have been cut. | 她的手指甲被切掉了 |
[09:30] | Someone wanted to be sure that we didn’t find | 有人想确定我们在这下面 |
[09:32] | any DNA under them. | 找不到任何DNA |
[09:34] | This bruise on her shoulder | 她肩膀上的这个瘀伤 |
[09:36] | is probably from the killer’s knee. | 或许是凶手的膝盖造成的 |
[09:38] | Perhaps forensics could analyze it… | 或许法医们可以对此进行分析… |
[09:40] | (man whistling “Strangers in the Night”) | |
[09:45] | …what the killer was wearing on the lower half of his body– | …找出凶手下半身穿的是什么– |
[09:47] | denims, chinos… | 粗斜纹棉布,斜纹棉布裤… |
[09:49] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[09:51] | I was just wondering… when you said earlier | 我在想…你们早些时候说过 |
[09:54] | we were dealing with an experienced perpetrator– | 我们所处理的是一个有经验的凶手— |
[09:56] | someone who was good at what he did, | 一个非常擅长他所做的 |
[09:59] | who clearly had a lot of… practice, | 很明显有过许多…实践的人 |
[10:03] | I wonder if anyone had considered the possibility | 我在想是否有人考虑过这个可能性 |
[10:05] | that the man who did this, the man we’re looking for, | 做这起案子的人,我们正在找的人 |
[10:08] | might be Richard Gomez. | 或许是Richard Gomez |
[10:10] | (clearing throat) | |
[10:14] | Richard Gomez… | |
[10:16] | No, we had not considered Richard Gomez. | 不,我们没有考虑过Richard Gomez |
[10:19] | Frankly, to the best of my knowledge, | 坦白说,根据我的了解 |
[10:22] | Richard Gomez has been inactive for more than ten years. | Richard Gomez已经十几年没有活动了 |
[10:26] | Any particular reason you bring his name up? | 有什么特别的理由会让你提起他的名字吗? |
[10:29] | Just, uh, a hunch. | 只是,呃,预感 |
[10:32] | Instinct. | 直觉 |
[10:34] | A hunch. | 预感 |
[10:37] | You know what I call a hunch made without a scientific basis? | 你知道我是怎么称呼一个没有 任何科学依据的预感的吗? |
[10:40] | You know what I call an instinct | 你知道我是怎么称呼一个 |
[10:42] | uninformed by either experience or intellect? | 没有经过经验和智力而成立的直觉的吗? |
[10:46] | I call it a distraction. | 我把这个叫做消遣 |
[10:48] | I call it a waste of time. | 我把这个叫做浪费时间 |
[10:51] | Forensics also might be able | 法医还或许能 |
[10:53] | to speculate as to the perpetrator’s weight | 依据瘀伤的深度 |
[10:55] | based on the depth of the bruise. | 推测出凶手的重量 |
[10:58] | Correct me if I’m wrong… | 如果我错的话请纠正我… |
[10:59] | Happily. | 很愿意 |
[11:01] | Gomez is still at large, is he not? | Gomez还是有很大的嫌疑的,是不是? |
[11:03] | How can you be so sure this is not his work? | 你怎么能如此确定这不是他干的? |
[11:05] | What would prevent him | 是什么会阻止他 |
[11:06] | from killing and raping these women in Ohio? | 在俄亥俄州杀死并强奸这些女性? |
[11:10] | Seems to me if he’s still out there… | 我看来如果他还逍遥法外… |
[11:12] | Mrs. Dubois… | Dubois夫人… |
[11:14] | you indicated that you were familiar with my work. | 你说过你对我的工作很熟悉 |
[11:17] | If that’s truly the case, then you know | 如果这就是他干的,那你会知道 |
[11:20] | that Richard Gomez was a dominance killer. | Richard Gomez是个优势凶手 |
[11:23] | He used his charm and good looks | 他运用他的吸引力和长相 |
[11:26] | to convince women to go back to his home | 说服女人回到他家 |
[11:29] | or a motel room– somewhere private, | 或是家汽车旅馆–一些私密的地方 |
[11:31] | where he would violate them, torture them | 在那里他可以抢劫她们,折磨她们 |
[11:35] | and keep them alive while he sawed them into little pieces. | 在她们还活着的时候把她们锯成碎片 |
[11:39] | He was a passionate sadist. | 他是个狂热的虐待狂 |
[11:43] | He took pleasure in their pain. | 他享受她们的痛苦 |
[11:46] | This killer– the Lincoln Park killer, | 这个凶手–林肯公园凶手 |
[11:48] | he strikes from behind. | 他是从后面进行袭击 |
[11:49] | It’s more of a blitzkrieg style of attack. | 这更像是一种闪电式的袭击 |
[11:53] | It’s the mark of a timid personality, a coward. | 这是一种性格胆小的表现,一个懦夫 |
[11:55] | These two men might as well speak different languages. | 这两个男人或许说的都是不同的语言 |
[12:01] | Now, any other dormant serial killers | 现在,你还有其他古怪的 |
[12:04] | that you’re curious about? | 潜在连续杀人犯要提吗? |
[12:08] | Any other hunches, any other random instincts? | 有什么其他的预感,什么其他的直觉? |
[12:17] | ?perhaps we can continue to the important working hand? | 或许我们可以继续着手处理这项重要的工作? |
[12:25] | , It was so mortifying. (water running) | 这太气人了 |
[12:28] | He was so cutting. | 他那么武断 |
[12:29] | He was so convinced of his own infallibility, | 他那么确信自己的观点 |
[12:31] | he wouldn’t even consider the possibility. | 他甚至不考虑其他的可能性 |
[12:33] | Mmm… yeah. I think you need to cut the guy a little slack. | 嗯,是啊,我觉得你不能对这个家伙太过严厉 |
[12:38] | He’s been catching killers for what, 30 years? | 他已经处理了多少年凶杀案了,30年? |
[12:40] | Now, you spent a couple hours with the guy, | 而现在,你才花了几个小时和这个 家伙待在一起 |
[12:42] | and all of a sudden you’re bringing up | 而突然你却提出了 |
[12:43] | his most famous setback. | 他最著名的过错 |
[12:45] | He’s bound to get a little testy. | 他当然会变得有些暴躁 |
[12:48] | What does he have to get testy about? | 他有什么可暴躁的? |
[12:51] | Agent Cooper led the police right to Richard Gomez. | Cooper探员引导警察 找到了Richard Gomez |
[12:55] | He did his job. | 他做好了他的工作 |
[12:56] | It’s not his fault somebody lost the evidence. | 有人弄丢了证据不是他的错 |
[12:58] | You’re right, but maybe Cooper doesn’t see it that way. | 你是对的,但或许Cooper不这么想 |
[13:02] | Catching these people is pretty much a crusade for him, right? | 抓住这些人对他来说就像是 次正义之举,对不对? |
[13:06] | So when one of them slips away, | 所以当他们中的一个逃脱了制裁 |
[13:08] | I doubt he spends much time consoling himself | 我怀疑他会花许多时间用 |
[13:10] | with the idea that he is not personally to blame. | 那不是他自己的错来安慰自己 |
[13:12] | Well, that doesn’t give him the right to make a fool out of me. | 那他也没有权力让我出丑 |
[13:18] | Are you using this arm for anything? | 你的这个手臂还有其他用吗? |
[13:31] | GOMEZ: Why’d you shut it off? | 你为什么把它关掉了? |
[13:37] | I was watching that. | 我正看着呢 |
[13:39] | (screaming) | |
[13:48] | (strained screaming) | |
[13:54] | (pained yells) | |
[14:10] | (Gomez grunts, Allison gasps) | |
[14:26] | (knocking) | |
[14:27] | Yup. | 进来 |
[14:28] | Sorry to bother you. | 很抱歉来打搅你 |
[14:29] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮忙 |
[14:32] | What does this mean? | 这代表了什么意思? |
[14:35] | Dioner Mapache– it’s a name. | Dioner Mapache–是个名字 |
[14:37] | It’s a man’s name. | 是个男人的名字 |
[14:38] | Uh… first name Dioner, last name Mapache. | 呃…Dioner是名,Mapache是姓 |
[14:40] | Why do you ask? | 你为什么这么问? |
[14:41] | Actually, I think it’s a business, | 事实上,我觉得这是个商业场所 |
[14:43] | like a bar or restaurant, | 像是个酒吧或餐馆 |
[14:45] | the kind of business that advertises on hotel ashtrays. | 那种会在旅店烟灰缸上做广告的商业场所 |
[14:48] | Wherever this business is, | 不管这个商业场所在哪里 |
[14:50] | I think it’s located nearby the hotel | 我觉得这个地方位于 |
[14:51] | where… Richard Gomez killed Diane Colquitt. | … Richard Gomez杀了Diane Colquitt 的地方附近 |
[14:58] | (sighs) | |
[15:00] | Close my office door, Allison. | 把我办公室的门关掉,Allison |
[15:08] | (door closes) | |
[15:08] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[15:10] | Just what I always do. | 和我以前所做的一样 |
[15:12] | But I believe Agent Cooper | 但我相信Cooper探员 |
[15:13] | made it perfectly clear that he’s not interested | 已经说的很清楚了,他对任何 |
[15:15] | in any leads involving Richard Gomez. | 关于是Richard Gomez做的想法不感兴趣 |
[15:17] | That he feels very strongly that Richard Gomez | 他有非常强烈的感觉,Richard Gomez |
[15:19] | had nothing to do with this woman’s death. | 和这个女人的死毫无关系 |
[15:21] | Well, he’s wrong. | 那他错了 |
[15:22] | Allison… | |
[15:24] | (sighs) | |
[15:29] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:31] | All right. Let me… | 好吧,让我… |
[15:34] | see if I can try and get Detective Scanlon | 看看我是否可以让Scanlon侦探 |
[15:36] | to discretely run this down, find out | 处理一下这件事情,看看 |
[15:37] | if there is such a place and where it might be, | 是否能发现有这么个地方 它或许会在哪里 |
[15:39] | but do me a favor– stay away from the conference room. | 但帮我个忙–远离那间会议室 |
[15:43] | Keep out of Cooper’s way. | 离Cooper远一点 |
[15:44] | Let’s let him think that you’ve moved on to something else. | 让他觉得你的注意力已经转移到别的事情了 |
[15:47] | Let’s let him think that you’re doing other things. | 让他觉得你在做别的事情 |
[15:54] | Huh. | 哼 |
[15:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:57] | The government wants the chassis | 政府想把底盘 |
[15:59] | to be made with light polymer. | 的材料换成轻聚合体 |
[16:02] | They also want it to hold six cameras, | 他们还希望它能有6个照相机 |
[16:05] | but if you put six cameras on it, the light polymer | 但如果你要把6个照相机放在上面 那个轻聚合体 |
[16:07] | won’t stand up to atmospheric pressure | 就不能承受大气压力 |
[16:10] | which means we’ve got… | 也就是说我们… |
[16:12] | Nothing. | 又回归到零 |
[16:15] | (head thumping) | |
[16:21] | Are we taking a break? | 我们休息一下好吗? |
[16:22] | (head thumping) | |
[16:27] | I think we’re taking a break. | 我觉得我们正在休息 |
[16:31] | Deep breaths, Aaron. | 深呼吸,Aaron |
[16:33] | Pretend we’re not days away from our deadline. | 假装我们离我们的最终期限还远 |
[16:39] | Think happy thoughts. | 想一些快乐的事情 |
[16:41] | Can you think happy thoughts for me? | 你能帮我想点快乐的事情吗? |
[16:46] | What are you thinking about? | 你在想什么? |
[16:50] | A.J. just turned three. | A.J.刚刚满了3岁 |
[16:51] | There you go. | 那就对了 |
[16:53] | My youngest just turned three, too. | 我最小的女儿也刚满3岁 |
[16:59] | And now you say something back. | 现在你还要再说些事情 |
[17:01] | Pretty soon we’re having small talk. | 很快我们就会有一次小小的谈话 |
[17:03] | That’s how a break works. | 那就是休息的作用 |
[17:07] | A.J. likes to eat Play-Doh. | A.J.喜欢吃培乐多橡皮泥 |
[17:09] | Congratulations. You must be very proud. | 恭喜你,你一定非常骄傲 |
[17:12] | Marie sits in front of the TV and watches static. | Marie喜欢坐在电视机前看噪音 |
[17:15] | I think she’d do it for hours at a time | 我认为如果我们一直让她看的话 |
[17:17] | if we’d let her. | 她一次会看好几个小时 |
[17:23] | What? | 怎么了? |
[17:26] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[17:27] | It’s… | 这… |
[17:29] | It’s none of my business. | 这和我没什么关系 |
[17:31] | I’m sure it’s nothing. | 我确信没什么 |
[17:32] | You can’t just say that. What’s nothing? | 你不能就这么话说半句 什么没什么? |
[17:36] | You say your daughter just stares | 你说你的女儿好几个小时就盯着 |
[17:37] | at a blank channel for hours? | 一个空白的频道? |
[17:40] | Well, like I said, it’s probably nothing, | 就像我说的,那或许真的没什么 |
[17:42] | and I certainly don’t mean to alarm you, but… | 我不是要恐吓你,但是… |
[17:46] | my brother has an autistic son. | 我的哥哥有个孤独症患者的儿子 |
[17:49] | That sounds like the kind of thing he used to do. | 你刚才说的那事像是他经常做的 |
[17:52] | It doesn’t necessarily mean anything. | 这不一定就代表了什么事情 |
[17:54] | It’s… It’s probably nothing. | 这…这或许没什么的 |
[17:59] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:08] | (elevator bell dings) | |
[18:22] | Bad hunch, huh? | 不好的预感,嗯? |
[18:31] | His name is Warren Bell. | 他叫Warren Bell |
[18:32] | He was in your local registry | 在本地有案底 |
[18:34] | of sex offenders. | 是性侵犯者 |
[18:35] | One of my people remembered his face. | 我的一个人记得他的脸 |
[18:37] | Back in Columbus, we questioned him about the murders. | 在哥伦布市,我们对这起谋杀审问了他 |
[18:39] | We just… couldn’t find | 我们只是…没法找到 |
[18:41] | any evidence to tie him to the crime. | 任何把他和这起犯罪牵扯在一起的证据 |
[18:43] | And now he’s here in Phoenix? | 现在他在菲尼克斯城吗? |
[18:46] | Well, he’s a sex offender. | 他是个性侵犯者 |
[18:48] | He’s obligated to register | 不管他到哪个新的地方 |
[18:49] | whenever he moves into a new community. | 他都必需去登记注册 |
[18:51] | I asked them to bring him in for questioning. | 我已经叫他们把他带过来审问了 |
[18:53] | Sure you wouldn’t like to stick around? | 你确定不想逗留一小会儿吗? |
[18:55] | You might find it fascinating. | 你或许会发现这很吸引人 |
[18:57] | Me? You think so? | 我?你这么觉得? |
[18:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:59] | I think I probably lack the experience and the intellect | 我想我或许缺乏经验和智慧 |
[19:02] | to really appreciate whatever it is you’re gonna do or say. | 来欣赏你要做或说的 |
[19:05] | Besides, I wouldn’t want to be a distraction. | 另外,我也不想做浪费时间的事 |
[19:08] | I wouldn’t want to waste your time. | 我可不想浪费你的时间 |
[19:17] | Want to know who Dioner Mapache is? | 想知道谁是Dioner Mapache吗? |
[19:20] | You found it already? | 你已经找到了? |
[19:21] | It’s kind of an interesting story. | 是个有趣的故事 |
[19:23] | Turns out he was a general in the Mexican army, | 显示他是墨西哥军队中的一名将军 |
[19:25] | killed by his own men the night before a battle. | 在一场战斗的前晚被自己人杀害了 |
[19:27] | Given his less-than- inspiring history, | 根据他不会鼓舞人心的历史 |
[19:29] | I guess it isn’t a surprise | 我猜这也不是个意外 |
[19:31] | there’s only one restaurant anywhere | 只有一家餐馆 |
[19:32] | that’s named after him. | 用他的名字命名 |
[19:33] | It’s in Mexico, | 是在墨西哥 |
[19:34] | half a block away from the El Coyote motel. | 离El Coyote汽车旅馆不到半个街区 |
[19:38] | Would this be the scene of the crime? | 这个会是犯罪现场吗? |
[19:40] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:41] | This is the place I saw in my dream. | 这个就是我在梦里看到的地方 |
[19:43] | I called the motel, asked them if they’d had | 我打电话给了汽车旅馆 问他们最近是否 |
[19:44] | any suspicious activity there lately, if anyone | 有任何可以的活动,是否有符合 |
[19:47] | matching Richard Gomez’s description had checked in. | Richard Gomez描述的人入住过 |
[19:50] | Turns out there was someone matching Gomez’s description. | 结果显示有个人符合Gomez的描述 |
[19:52] | You’re kidding. I knew it. | 开玩笑.我就知道 |
[19:54] | We gotta tell Cooper. I can’t wait to see the look | 我们要去告诉Cooper.我等不及 |
[19:56] | on that egomaniac’s face. | 要看这个自大狂脸上的表情 |
[19:57] | Nine years ago. | 9年前 |
[20:00] | 1997. | 1997年 |
[20:02] | He checked in under a false name, | 他用了假名登记入住 |
[20:04] | he wasn’t carrying a wallet. | 他没有带手提箱 |
[20:05] | They had no way to establish his identity. | 他们没有办法鉴定他的身份 |
[20:09] | What are you talking about, no way to establish his…? | 你在说什么,没有办法鉴定他的…? |
[20:11] | I’m trying to tell you that there was a murder | 我只能告诉你在1997年 |
[20:12] | at the El Coyote motel in 1997, | El Coyote汽车旅馆发生了一起谋杀案 |
[20:15] | only Richard Gomez wasn’t the killer, he was the victim. | 只是Richard Gomez不是凶手 他是受害人 |
[20:18] | Looks like robbers tied Gomez | 看起来像是强盗把Gomez |
[20:20] | to a chair while they ransacked the place. | 绑在了一张椅子上,然后他们洗劫了房间 |
[20:22] | They took what they wanted, then put two bullets in him. | 他们拿走了想要的东西,然后对他开了两枪 |
[20:24] | Cops thought it might have been drug-related. | 警察认为这和毒品有关 |
[20:26] | I don’t know what to tell you, Allison. | 我不知道该告诉你什么,Allison |
[20:27] | I mean, unless he’s unusually spry for a rotting corpse, | 我是说,除非他能从一具腐败的尸体中复活 |
[20:30] | I think it’s fairly safe to say that Richard Gomez | 否则可以相当保证说Richard Gomez |
[20:32] | ?it is not the leading part killer | 不是那起凶杀的主谋 |
[20:41] | Joe? | |
[20:43] | Where are the girls? | 孩子们在哪? |
[20:45] | Homework. | 做家庭作业 |
[20:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:51] | And what are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[20:53] | I’m watching our daughter watch her favorite channel. | 我在看着我的女儿看她最爱看的频道 |
[20:58] | Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. | 是的,我知道你在想什么 |
[21:00] | What channel? | 什么频道? |
[21:02] | That’s what I thought, too, | 我也是这么在想 |
[21:03] | that she just likes to watch nothing, static, | 她只是喜欢看一片空白,噪音 |
[21:06] | but I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[21:07] | She just likes to watch this particular channel. | 她只是喜欢看这个特殊的频道 |
[21:10] | Channel 282. | 282频道 |
[21:12] | You want to know what happens when I try to change the channel | 你想知道在我试图调换到其他 |
[21:15] | to another channel that just has static on it? | 频道的时候会发生什么吗? |
[21:17] | She starts to cry. | 她就开始哭了 |
[21:19] | Want me to show you? | 想让我给你演示一下吗? |
[21:20] | No, I don’t need you to prove you can make our daughter cry. | 不,我不需要你来证明你能让我们的女儿哭 |
[21:23] | Why are you doing this? | 你干嘛要做这个? |
[21:24] | I’m trying to learn. | 我在试图学习 |
[21:26] | I’m trying to understand. | 我在试图弄明白 |
[21:27] | Watch this. | 看这个 |
[21:29] | Hey, sweetie, what are you watching on the TV? | 嘿,亲爱的,你在电视上看什么呢? |
[21:32] | Funny man. | 搞笑的男人 |
[21:33] | Funny man? | 搞笑的男人? |
[21:34] | What is the funny man doing? | 搞笑的男人在干嘛? |
[21:36] | Talk to me. | 跟我说话 |
[21:40] | Talking to her. | 跟她说话 |
[21:45] | All right, babe, come on. | 好的,亲爱的,来吧 |
[21:46] | It’s time to brush your teeth. | 是你刷牙的时间了 |
[21:49] | I’ll meet you in there in a minute, cupcake. | 我一会儿就去那里找你,小蛋糕 |
[21:51] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[21:54] | All right, once again, what are you doing? | 好了,我再问一次,你在干嘛? |
[21:57] | What am I doing? | 我在干嘛? |
[21:58] | Are you okay with this? This doesn’t bother you? | 你对此无动于衷吗? 这个难道不让你感到困惑吗? |
[22:01] | You’re not in the least bit curious | 你就一点点也不好奇 |
[22:02] | what the funny man might be saying to her? | 这个搞笑的男人或许会和她说什么吗? |
[22:05] | What he might be showing her? | 他或许会给她看什么吗? |
[22:07] | She’s three. | 她才3岁 |
[22:07] | Exactly. | 完全正确 |
[22:08] | What does that mean? | 那代表了什么? |
[22:09] | It means it’s not normal. | 这代表不正常 |
[22:11] | She has an imagination. | 她只是有想像 |
[22:13] | Maybe. Or maybe it’s something else. | 或许.或许是其他的事情 |
[22:16] | I’d like to have her tested. | 我想带她去做个测试 |
[22:18] | Tested for what? I don’t know. | – 测试什么? – 我不知道 |
[22:21] | Autism. | 孤独症 |
[22:22] | She does not have autism. | 她没有孤独症 |
[22:24] | How do you know? You don’t know. | 你怎么知道?你不知道 |
[22:25] | I know. I know my baby. I know my daughter. | 我知道.我知道自己的孩子 我知道自己的女儿 |
[22:29] | Oh, yeah? Well, do you know what she’s seeing on that TV? | 哦,是吗?那么,你知道她在 看电视上的什么吗? |
[22:31] | No. And I don’t think it matters. Well, I do. | – 不知道,我也不觉得这有什么 – 我觉得 |
[22:34] | I mean, you see things that aren’t there sometimes, | 我是说,有时你看见的事情 |
[22:37] | and, most of the time, they’re not pretty to look at. | 大部分时间,它们并不就像看见的那样 |
[22:40] | They’re not the kind of things | 它们不是那种 |
[22:42] | that you’d want a three-year-old to see. | 你想让个3岁的小孩看的 |
[22:44] | Okay, I’m just trying to understand this. | 好的,我只是想试图弄明白 |
[22:47] | Are you hoping she doesn’t have autism or that she does? | 你是希望她有孤独症还是没有? |
[22:50] | Okay. I’m done having this conversation. | 好了,这次谈话到此为止 |
[22:53] | Oh, that’s a great answer. | 哦,这真是个好回答 |
[22:55] | I’ll be in the shower. | 我去洗澡 |
[22:56] | You know, if it bothers you so much, | 你知道嘛,如果这真的让你很困惑 |
[22:58] | maybe you should just read to her | 或许你应该读书给她听 |
[22:59] | instead of sitting her in front of the TV. | 而不是让她就坐在电视机前面 |
[23:01] | (door closes) | |
[23:07] | COOPER: August 22, 1996. | 1996年8月22日 |
[23:11] | Excuse me? | 不好意思? |
[23:13] | That’s the day that Richard Gomez was acquitted. | 那是Richard Gomez被宣告无罪释放的日子 |
[23:16] | I mark the anniversary in my calendar every year. | 我每年在我的日历上标记上这个纪念日 |
[23:20] | My wife has learned to avoid me on that date. | 我的妻子学会了在那个日子避免和我见面 |
[23:22] | She says that I’m a world-class brooder. | 她说我是个世界级的沉思者 |
[23:26] | But now, because of you, | 但现在,因为你 |
[23:28] | August 22 is freed up for more productive pursuits. | 8月22日已经不用我再去追击了 |
[23:33] | Thank you, Mrs. Dubois. | 谢谢你,Dubois夫人 |
[23:35] | A lot of people will sleep easier tonight | 许多人今晚会很容易入睡 |
[23:37] | because they know that Richard Gomez is dead. | 因为他们知道Richard Gomez已经死了 |
[23:44] | I accused you of wasting my time, | 我责怪你浪费了我的时间 |
[23:46] | of being a distraction. | 是个只会浪费时间的人 |
[23:48] | I stand corrected. | 我要做下修正 |
[23:51] | You have terrific instincts. | 你拥有恐怖的直觉 |
[23:55] | I wish I had | 我希望我能有那么 |
[23:56] | been wise enough to understand | 聪明来明白 |
[23:59] | what they were trying to tell me. | 它们想告诉我什么 |
[24:01] | Thank you. Although, to be honest, | 谢谢你.尽管,老实说 |
[24:02] | I really wish they would steer me | 我真的是希望它们能带我找到 |
[24:03] | towards the Lincoln Park Killer. | 谁是林肯公园的凶手 |
[24:05] | Well, might not be too late | 或许现在让你投入 |
[24:07] | for you to pitch in. | 还不算太晚 |
[24:09] | We couldn’t locate Warren Bell yesterday. | 我们昨天没有能找到Warren Bell |
[24:11] | He finally showed up at his apartment this morning. | 他最终在今早出现在了自己的公寓里 |
[24:14] | They’re bringing him in now. | 他们现在正把他带过来 |
[24:16] | I’m headed over to interview him. | 我会带头审问他 |
[24:18] | Appreciate it if you’d sit in | 如果你能在里面 |
[24:19] | and give me the benefit of your expertise. | 给我一些你专家的意见我会很感激的 |
[24:23] | I already told your men back at my apartment. | 我已经在寓所就告诉你们了 |
[24:27] | I was home watching TV the night that girl died. | 那个女孩死的晚上我正在家看电视 |
[24:31] | Can anyone confirm that? | 有人可以证明吗? |
[24:32] | No. I was alone the whole time. | 不,一晚上我都是一个人 |
[24:35] | Nobody called? Nobody came by? | 没有人打电话?没有人过来拜访? |
[24:40] | COOPER: You watch a lot of TV, Warren. | 你可不少看电视啊,Warren |
[24:43] | I remember, when we met back in Columbus, | 我记得,当我们在哥伦布市见面的时候 |
[24:46] | you said you were watching TV | 你说那个女人被杀害的那晚 |
[24:47] | on the nights the women there were killed, too. | 你也是在看电视 |
[24:50] | I live by myself. | 我一个人自己住 |
[24:52] | TV helps fill up the quiet. | 电视会帮我填补寂静 |
[24:55] | You up and leave Columbus, | 你动身离开哥伦布市 |
[24:56] | the murders there stop, you land in Phoenix, | 那里的谋杀就停止了 你到了菲尼克斯城 |
[24:57] | lo and behold, girls start dying. | 停留不久,女孩们就开始死去 |
[24:59] | I’m sure I’m not the only person | 我确信我不是唯一一个 |
[25:00] | to move from Ohio to Arizona in the past couple months. | 在过去几个月内从俄亥俄州跑到 亚利桑那州的人 |
[25:05] | I got a job here. | 我在这里得到了一份工作 |
[25:07] | I registered my whereabouts. | 我注册了我的去处 |
[25:10] | I’m allowed to move. | 我是被允许搬动的 |
[25:12] | You work as an apartment manager. | 你的工作是公寓管理员 |
[25:14] | Am I remembering that right? | 我记得对吗? |
[25:17] | Are you a dog owner, Warren? | 你养狗吗,Warren? |
[25:19] | No, I’m not. | 不,没有 |
[25:22] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[25:24] | You seem a little uncertain. | 你看起来有些不肯定 |
[25:28] | Can’t smoke in here, Warren. | 这里不能吸烟,Warren |
[25:53] | It’s okay, sweetie. It’s okay. | 没事的,亲爱的,没事的 |
[25:56] | (dog whimpering) | |
[26:04] | (sizzling, dog yipes) | |
[26:08] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[26:35] | You all right? | 你还好吗? |
[26:37] | Thanks. I will be. | 谢谢,我会没事的 |
[26:41] | I’m sorry I left the room. | 对不起我离开了房间 |
[26:43] | I found it hard to be so close to that man. | 我发现跟这个男人靠的太近很难受 |
[26:48] | You have a hunch about him, do you? | 你对他有预感,是吗? |
[26:52] | He keeps a dog chained up somewhere. | 他有条狗在某个地方锁着 |
[26:56] | It looks like a garage. | 看起来像是个车库 |
[26:59] | He doesn’t feed it. | 他没有喂养它 |
[27:00] | It’s barely alive. | 它已经奄奄一息了 |
[27:03] | He tortures it with a burning cigarette. | 他用点燃的香烟在虐待它 |
[27:11] | I’ve worked a couple of missing children cases. | 我处理过一些失踪儿童的案子 |
[27:15] | Met people like you before. | 之前遇见过像你一样的人 |
[27:19] | You see things, don’t you? | 你能看见一些东西,是不是? |
[27:25] | That must be quite a burden. | 那一定是非常大的负担 |
[27:33] | A long time ago, at the start of my career, | 很久以前,在我职业生涯的最初 |
[27:38] | I made a choice. | 我做了选择 |
[27:42] | I dedicated myself | 我把自己投入到 |
[27:43] | to getting inside the minds of killers. | 如何获得凶手的思想里面 |
[27:45] | To… going to worlds | 投入到…那个 |
[27:48] | where other people wouldn’t, or couldn’t. | 其他人不会,也不能想像的那个世界 |
[27:52] | It’s rarely been pleasant. | 这真的很难让人高兴 |
[27:55] | And it’s changed me. | 这改变了我 |
[27:59] | But it was still my choice. | 但到现在,这还会是我的选择 |
[28:03] | You, Mrs. Dubois… | 你,Dubois夫人… |
[28:07] | you go into the heads of murderers | 你能进入凶手的脑子 |
[28:09] | whether you want to or not. | 不管你是否想进入 |
[28:14] | I admire you. | 我羡慕你 |
[28:18] | But I sure don’t envy you. | 但我确信我不嫉妒你 |
[28:28] | That one. | 那个 |
[28:29] | Wise choice, my dear. | 聪明的选择,亲爱的 |
[28:31] | See, she picked the one with monsters and mayhem. | 瞧,她选择了一本有妖怪和伤害的书 |
[28:34] | She takes after her mother. | 她学她的妈妈 |
[28:36] | That’s my girl. | 那就是我的女儿 |
[28:39] | (telephone rings) | |
[28:40] | Oh. | 哦 |
[28:43] | And here we go. Hello? | – 我们开始吧 – 你好? |
[28:44] | Allison, it’s Manuel Devalos. | Allison,我是Manuel Devalos |
[28:46] | I’m sorry to bother you at home, | 我很抱歉你在家时打搅你 |
[28:47] | but I thought you’d like to know | 但我觉得你会想知道 |
[28:48] | that the police have executed a search warrant | 警察已经对Warren Bell |
[28:51] | on Warren Bell’s apartment. | 的寓所进行了搜查 |
[28:52] | Did they find anything that linked him to the murders? | 他们有没有发现什么把他和 这起谋杀联系在一起的东西? |
[28:54] | Not inside the apartment. | 不是在寓所里 |
[28:55] | But in a garage that he had access to, | 但是在他要经过的一个车库 |
[28:58] | we did find a grey wire-haired terrier. | 我们发现了一条灰色硬毛狗 |
[29:01] | My God, was he still alive? | 我的上帝,它还活着吗? |
[29:03] | Barely. We took a sample of its hair. | 差不多了.我们取了它毛发的样本 |
[29:05] | Preliminary DNA tests indicate that it’s a match | 初步的DNA测试显示和 |
[29:08] | for the hair we found on Diane Colquitt’s body. | 我们在Diane Colquitt尸体上找到 的毛发相匹配 |
[29:11] | We’ve placed Warren Bell under arrest. | 我们已经正式拘捕了Warren Bell |
[29:13] | That’s great news, sir. | 那真是个好消息,先生 |
[29:14] | Agent Cooper wanted me to call you and to tell you, | Cooper探员要我打电话告诉你 |
[29:17] | and to send his thanks. | 并带上他的感谢 |
[29:21] | Allison? What does he know? | Allison? 他知道了什么? |
[29:23] | Oh, I don’t think he “knows” anything. | 哦,我不觉得他知道什么 |
[29:26] | There’s no denying he certainly has strong instincts. | 不能否认他也有相当强烈的直觉 |
[29:29] | Mmm. Well, I guess I’ll see you in the morning. | 嗯,好吧,我猜我们还是明天早上见吧 |
[29:33] | See you in the morning. | 明天早上见 |
[29:37] | (humming) | |
[29:39] | You look happy. | 你看起来很高兴 |
[29:45] | (man singing in Spanish) | |
[29:50] | What now? | 现在怎么样? |
[29:52] | A leg or a breast? | 是腿还是胸? |
[29:54] | (door opens) | |
[29:57] | Hello? | 谁? |
[30:11] | You. | 是你 |
[30:13] | How did-how did you find me? | 你是-你是怎么找到我的? |
[30:17] | Wasn’t easy. | 不容易 |
[30:23] | (gasps) | |
[30:25] | (sighs) | |
[30:28] | No wonder Cooper was absolutely certain | 现在不奇怪为什么Cooper那么确定 |
[30:30] | that Richard Gomez wasn’t the Lincoln Park Killer. | Richard Gomez不是林肯公园的凶手了 |
[30:33] | I can’t believe I’m saying this… | 我不能相信我说了这个… |
[30:35] | it’s not hard to understand. | 这不难明白 |
[30:37] | Imagine that you’re him. | 想像一下你就是他 |
[30:38] | You catch this guy, you do everything you need to | 你抓住了这个家伙,你做了所有你需要做的 |
[30:42] | to be sure that he gets the death penalty. | 来确定他能获得死刑 |
[30:45] | And then… they set him free. | 然后…他们释放了他 |
[30:49] | He likes to kill, you know he’s going to do it again. | 他喜欢杀人,你知道他会再杀人的 |
[30:53] | You track him down. | 你跟踪了他 |
[30:54] | You rectify the situation. | 你逆转了状况 |
[30:58] | So if you understand it, | 不知道你是否明白 |
[30:59] | what are we doing here in our kitchen | 我们在早上3点在自己家的厨房 |
[31:01] | at 3:00 in the morning talking about it? | 在谈论什么吗? |
[31:03] | I just don’t understand what I’m supposed to do about it. | 我只是不明白我应该怎么做 |
[31:07] | Am I supposed to speak out? | 我应该说出来吗? |
[31:09] | Ruin the life, the career, of a good man | 毁掉一个好人的生命,一个好人的职业生涯 |
[31:12] | just because he couldn’t live with the idea | 就因为他不能摆脱 |
[31:14] | of Richard Gomez getting away with murder? | Richard Gomez逃脱了谋杀罪的阴影? |
[31:16] | Six murders? | 6起谋杀? |
[31:19] | Even if I wanted to tell the world what Cooper had done, | 即使我想告诉世界Cooper做了什么 |
[31:24] | it all happened nine years ago. | 这都是9年前发生的事情了 |
[31:26] | I doubt I could prove anything. | 我怀疑我是否能证明这一切 |
[31:31] | You know what? This is easy. | 你知道吗?这很简单 |
[31:32] | Don’t do anything. | 不要做任何事 |
[31:35] | I’m completely serious, Al. | 我是很认真的,Al |
[31:36] | I mean besides, it’s not like you’re absolutely certain | 我是说除此之外,你绝对无法 |
[31:38] | that Cooper did it. | 证明是Cooper干的 |
[31:40] | He shot him once in the head. | 他朝他的头开了一枪 |
[31:42] | He shot him once in the stomach. | 朝他的胃部开了一枪 |
[31:44] | I saw it, Joe. | 我看见的,Joe |
[31:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:45] | But you also saw Richard Gomez kill Diane Colquitt | 但你也看见了Richard Gomez是在 |
[31:48] | in that very same room, | 同一间屋子里杀害了Diane Colquitt |
[31:50] | and we both know that didn’t happen. | 我们也都知道那并没有发生 |
[31:53] | My point is, your wires have been a little crossed lately. | 我的意思是,你的线索有些前后串联了 |
[31:56] | And unless you’re absolutely certain that it’s true, | 除非你能绝对确定那是真的 |
[31:59] | you can’t a accuse a man of murder. | 否则你无法控告这个男人谋杀 |
[32:02] | And even if you were certain… | 即使你确定… |
[32:04] | I don’t sense that you want to accuse this particular man | 我不是说你要因为这个特别的谋杀 |
[32:07] | of this particular murder, and I don’t blame you. | 对这个特别的人提起控诉 我不是在责备你 |
[32:18] | (inaudible shouting) | |
[32:24] | (door slams) | |
[32:37] | (heavy sigh) | |
[32:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:48] | I’m negotiating a deal with Warren Bell’s attorney. | 我在和Warren Bell的律师谈判 |
[32:50] | Agent Cooper doesn’t like it. | Cooper探员不太喜欢 |
[32:52] | What kind of deal? | 谈判什么? |
[32:53] | We’re offering to take the death penalty off the table | 我们用免除死刑来交换 |
[32:55] | in exchange for a full confession to all the murders. | 他对所有谋杀的供认 |
[33:00] | I’ve got a few pieces of dog hair– | 我有一些狗的毛发– |
[33:01] | it’s not much to stand on when you’re asking a jury | 只有这些的话,你在法庭上 |
[33:03] | to sentence a man to death. | 要求陪审团判处一个男人死刑是不足够的 |
[33:07] | Given the paucity of corroborating evidence, | 提供极少量的确凿证据 |
[33:09] | I felt the full confession was the best way to end this– | 我还是觉得完全的招供才是解决 这一切的最好办法– |
[33:11] | take Bell off the street for the rest of his life | 让Bell的余生都从街上消失 |
[33:14] | and bring closure to the victims’ families. | 才能带给受害人的家庭一些宽恕 |
[33:17] | I’ve spoken with the authorities in Ohio– they agree with me. | 我已经和俄亥俄州的法官说过了 –他们同意我的看法 |
[33:20] | Obviously, Agent Cooper is advocating strongly | 很明显,Cooper探员强烈鼓吹 |
[33:22] | for the pursuit of the death penalty. | 要对他执行死刑 |
[33:25] | I don’t sense that he’s big on compromise. | 我不认为他会对此妥协 |
[33:28] | Noticed that, did you? | 你也注意到了,是不是? |
[33:32] | Okay, well, it’s clear what we got to do– we got to tell him | 好了,很清楚我们要怎么做– 我们必需告诉他 |
[33:34] | that the satellite can only carry one camera. | 人造卫星只能携带一台照相机 |
[33:36] | AARON: Joe, this is a government contract– you sure you want | Joe,这是份政府合同–你确定你要 |
[33:38] | to tell them we can’t meet their specs? | 告诉他们我们不能达到他们的规格吗? |
[33:40] | No, I want to tell them that their specs are fanciful, | 不 ,我想告诉他们,他们的规格太空想了 |
[33:42] | a creation of pure whimsy on a par with the works | 是一个Lewis Carroll(英国作家) |
[33:43] | of Lewis Carroll. MARIE: Airplane! | – 才能创造出来的念头 – 飞机! |
[33:45] | But I can’t do that, so I’m just gonna tell them | 但我做不到,所以我只能告诉他们 |
[33:47] | that the satellite can only carry one camera. | 人造卫星只能携带一台照相机 |
[33:49] | Airplane. Airplane. Can you hold on a sec? | – 飞机,飞机 – 你能等一会儿吗? |
[33:53] | Hey, Bridgette, did you turn on the TV for your sister? | 嘿,Bridgette,你能帮你的妹妹开一下电视吗? |
[33:56] | BRIDGETTE: She asked me to, Daddy. | 她已经叫我开了,爸爸 |
[33:59] | It’s no problem. I was just asking Airplane! | – 没关系.我只是在问 – 飞机! |
[34:01] | Airplane! if we should… | – 飞机! – 我们是否应该… |
[34:03] | Hey, Aaron, did your son just say “airplane”? | 嘿,Aaron,你的儿子在说”飞机”? |
[34:06] | Uh, yeah. He’s watching TV. He is? | – 呃,是的,他正在看电视 – 他在看吗? |
[34:10] | He wouldn’t happen to be running around | 他不会正在把手臂展开 |
[34:11] | the room with his arms spread out | 然后在房间里面乱跑吗 |
[34:12] | like a couple of wings, would he? | 就像是有一对翅膀,是不是? |
[34:14] | He is, actually. Why? Can you tell me what he’s watching? | – 实际上,是的.为什么这么问? – 你能告诉我他在看什么吗? |
[34:17] | Otis the Octopus– it’s that show where the big guy | Otis the Octopus–就是那个有个大家伙 |
[34:20] | in the fuzzy suit makes him do jumping jacks… | 穿着毛绒套装让他自己跳来跳去的节目… |
[34:22] | Sorry, what channel is he watching? | 对不起,他在看哪个频道? |
[34:24] | Nugget. You know, the kid’s channel. | Nugget台,是儿童频道 |
[34:26] | I’m glad he likes it– it costs me $10.99 a month. | 我很高兴他喜欢–让我一个月要花10.99元 |
[34:29] | So it’s a premium station. | 所以这是个付费频道 |
[34:31] | Is that channel 282? | 是282频道吗? |
[34:33] | I don’t know, Joe. | 我不知道, Joe |
[34:34] | We’re kind of on a deadline here. | 我们在谈论一个最终期限的问题呢 |
[34:36] | Why are you so curious about Nugget TV? | 你为什么对Nugget台那么好奇? |
[34:38] | C-Can you please tell me if that is Channel 282? | 你-你能不能告诉我那是不是282频道? |
[34:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:42] | (cartoon music playing) | |
[34:43] | Yeah, it’s channel 282. You happy? | 是的,是282频道,你高兴了? |
[34:45] | ALLISON: Hi. I’m home. I came bearing pizza! | 嗨,我回家了,我回来了匹萨! |
[34:48] | Actually, I think I am. | 事实上,我想我很高兴 |
[34:48] | Listen, Aaron, I’m gonna have to call you back. | 听着,Aaron,我会给你打回去的 |
[34:51] | Hey. What’s up? Hi. | – 嘿,怎么了? – 嗨 |
[34:53] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[34:57] | I have good news, and I have bad news. | 我有个好消息还有个坏消息 |
[34:59] | (groans): What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[35:01] | What’s the good news? | 好消息是什么? |
[35:03] | Uh, I don’t believe that our daughter has autism. | 呃,我相信我们的女儿没有孤独症 |
[35:06] | In fact, I don’t believe it’ll actually be necessary for her | 事实上,我相信已经没有必要 |
[35:09] | to see a doctor at all. | 带她去看医生了 |
[35:10] | Well, that is good news. And the bad news? | 嗯,那是个好消息,那坏消息呢? |
[35:12] | I think she might be a felon. | 我觉得她或许是个罪人 |
[35:14] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[35:16] | I think she’s stealing cable. | 我觉得她偷了电缆 |
[35:19] | (door creaks softly) | |
[35:20] | (light switch clicks) | |
[35:59] | (phone rings) | |
[36:02] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[36:02] | It’s Edward Cooper. Sorry to wake you, Mrs. Dubois. | 我是Edward Cooper.很抱歉吵醒你 Dubois夫人 |
[36:05] | The district attorney gave me your number. | 地检官把你的电话号码给了我 |
[36:06] | We both felt that you’d want to hear about it right away. | 我们都觉得你现在会想听到这个消息 |
[36:10] | Hear about what? | 听到什么? |
[36:11] | You might want to turn on your TV. | 你或许要打开你家的电视 |
[36:16] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道要怎么跟你说 |
[36:18] | God bless America. | 上帝保佑美国 |
[36:21] | Last night my attorney was advising me to take a deal | 昨晚我的律师还在建议我采取他们的建议 |
[36:24] | so that I could avoid going on trial for my life. | 那样我就可以避免死刑 |
[36:27] | Then, at 5:00 this morning, a prison guard | 然后,今天早上5点,一个监狱守卫 |
[36:30] | is shaking me awake and telling me I can go free. | 把我摇醒告诉我,我可以走了 |
[36:33] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[36:35] | COOPER: Well, as I understand it, | 我所理解的是 |
[36:37] | Bell’s lawyer asked the prosecution to produce | Bell的律师要求我们出示 |
[36:40] | the evidence against his client. | 不利于他客户的证据 |
[36:43] | According to the law, they’re entitled to a second DNA test | 根据法律,他们有权力对DNA进行再次鉴定 |
[36:45] | at a lab of their choice. | 由他们自己来选择实验室 |
[36:47] | Apparently, when they went | 很明显,当他们走进证据室 |
[36:48] | to the evidence room to retrieve the dog hair… | 找回狗毛的时候… |
[36:51] | it was gone. | 它不见了 |
[36:53] | No one can find it. | 没有人能找到 |
[36:55] | This is unbelievable. | 这太难以置信了 |
[36:59] | Do they have any idea what might have happened to it? | 他们知道或许发生了什么事情吗? |
[37:02] | Not really. | 不知道 |
[37:03] | The district attorney thinks | 地检律师认为 |
[37:04] | one of the clerks must’ve screwed up. | 肯定是其中某个职员把这个搞砸了 |
[37:08] | (sighs): What do you think? | 你怎么觉得? |
[37:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:13] | I don’t know what to think. | 我不知道该怎么想 |
[37:15] | However it happened, the evidence is gone, | 但这还是发生了,证据没有了 |
[37:17] | and without it, there’s no way to prove | 没有了证据,我们就没办法证明 |
[37:20] | that Warren Bell was the Lincoln Park Killer. | Warren Bell就是那个林肯公园的凶手 |
[37:24] | He’s a free man. | 他现在是自由身了 |
[37:26] | BELL: Of course, this is | 当然,这对我和我的家人 |
[37:26] | an enormous relief for me and my family, | 还有那些想看到真正的 |
[37:30] | and to anyone who wants to see | 林肯公园凶手被带上法庭的人 |
[37:31] | the real Lincoln Park Killer brought to justice. | 来说都是巨大的安慰 |
[37:35] | Like I said, God bless America. | 就像我所说的,上帝保佑美国 |
[37:44] | ALLISON: It must have been hard to get rid of. | 想要除掉那个一定很难 |
[37:51] | The handsaw– the one Richard Gomez used | 手锯–那把Richard Gomez用来 |
[37:54] | to cut his victims into little pieces. | 把受害人切成碎片的手锯 |
[37:57] | I’ve been thinking about it– it’s kind of bulky. | 我一直在想–那个长的很大 |
[37:59] | An awkward shape. | 带起来非常不方便 |
[38:01] | It must have been hard for you to get rid of. | 对你来说把那个弄掉一定很难 |
[38:03] | Unlike, say, a few strands of dog hair. | 相对于,呃,一小撮狗毛来说 |
[38:15] | It sounds like you’re accusing me of something, Mrs. Dubois. | 听起来你像是在质问我什么,Dubois夫人 |
[38:18] | I am. I am, | 我就是,我就是 |
[38:20] | because I know. | 因为我都知道了 |
[38:22] | I know what you did. | 我知道你做了些什么 |
[38:24] | I know you got rid of the evidence against Richard Gomez. | 我知道你弄掉了对Richard Gomez 不利的证据 |
[38:27] | I know you tracked him to Mexico. | 我知道你跟踪他到了墨西哥 |
[38:28] | I know you put two bullets into him. | 我知道你向他开了两枪 |
[38:32] | That’s a colorful theory. | 这真是个有趣的理论 |
[38:36] | I’m guessing you can’t prove any of it, | 我猜你是无法证明的 |
[38:39] | or I’d be talking to the police | 或者我还是该跟警察去谈谈 |
[38:41] | and not a… consultant. | 而不是个…顾问 |
[38:44] | (wry chuckle) | |
[38:46] | I am not gonna tell anyone | 我不会告诉任何人 |
[38:49] | about what you did to Gomez. | 你对Gomez所做的 |
[38:52] | I can carry around that knowledge | 我可以忍受背负着 |
[38:53] | and live just fine. | 这样的认识 |
[38:55] | But knowing what you are going to do, | 但知道了你会去做什么事情 |
[38:59] | that I don’t think I can live with. | 我觉得我会无法忍受 |
[39:01] | I can’t just step aside and let that happen. | 我无法就这样袖手旁观 |
[39:04] | So before you go through with what you’re planning, | 所以在你要做你所计划的事情之前 |
[39:07] | before you kill Warren Bell, | 在你杀了Warren Bell之前 |
[39:09] | you need to know that I am on to you. | 你要知道我会一直盯着你 |
[39:12] | I know what’s coming. | 我知道会发生什么 |
[39:15] | And I will find a way to expose you. | 我会找到一个办法来揭露你 |
[39:18] | (exhales) | |
[39:19] | You really are an extraordinary woman, Mrs. Dubois. | 你真的是一个非常特别的女人,Dubois夫人 |
[39:24] | I can see why the district attorney values your services so highly. | 我可以明白为什么地检官是如此 重视你的服务价值 |
[39:30] | As far as Warren Bell is concerned, my guess is | 至于关于Warren Bell,我猜 |
[39:35] | that… he’ll keep his nose clean for a while. | 他一时半会儿还会没事 |
[39:39] | He knows he’s in the spotlight right now. | 他知道他现在正处在聚光灯下 |
[39:41] | But someday… | 但有一天… |
[39:44] | someday not too far from now, | 一个不会离现在太远的一天 |
[39:47] | the sickness that lives inside him | 寄宿在他体内的恶魔 |
[39:50] | will make its way back to the surface. | 又会重新归于表面 |
[39:54] | He’ll kill again. | 他会再杀人 |
[39:56] | He won’t be able not to kill again. | 他不会忍住不再去杀人 |
[40:02] | Unless something happens to him. | 除非他发生了一些事情 |
[40:06] | Unless the universe intervenes. | 除非上帝对此进行干涉 |
[40:09] | Maybe he’ll wrap his car around a telephone pole. | 或许他会开车装上电话杆 |
[40:12] | Maybe he’ll die in an accident in his apartment. | 或许他会在他的住所死于事故 |
[40:16] | Who knows, maybe he’ll just… disappear. | 谁知道呢,或许他就是…失踪了 |
[40:20] | That happens sometimes, too. | 那有时也会发生 |
[40:23] | My guess is, if something like that does come to pass… | 我猜,如果真的发生了这些事情… |
[40:29] | you’ll think about Diane Colquitt, | 你会想到Diane Colquitt |
[40:33] | lying in a park with her panties wrapped around her neck. | 被她自己的内衣勒死躺在一个公园中 |
[40:36] | You’ll think about all those dead girls in Ohio. | 你会想到所有那些在俄亥俄州 死去的姑娘们 |
[40:39] | Or maybe you’ll even think about | 或许你还会想到 |
[40:41] | that poor dog down in the garage. | 那条躺在车库中的可怜的狗 |
[40:46] | And who knows what you’ll do. | 谁知道你会怎么做呢 |
[40:54] | I know we only just met each other, Mrs. Dubois… | 我知道我们只是遇见了彼此,Dubois夫人… |
[41:00] | …but I think we both know that your choice… | …但我觉得我们都知道你的选择… |
[41:06] | (sighs) won’t be as easy as you imagine it’s going to be. | 不会和你想像的那样简单 |
[41:15] | Call it a hunch. | 把这个叫做是预感吧 |
[41:17] | An instinct. | 直觉 |