时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[00:46] | I need help here. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[00:50] | Thanks for nothing! | 谢谢你不帮忙 |
[00:58] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[01:00] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[01:01] | Hey, buddy! | 嘿,伙计! |
[01:02] | Yeah, you. | 是的,就是你 |
[01:10] | I’m a little surprised you can see me. | 我有点惊讶你可以看见我 |
[01:12] | I got two eyes, don’t I? | 我有两只眼睛的,是不是? |
[01:13] | Y-You got a cell phone on you? | 你-你身上有手机吗? |
[01:15] | Why? ‘Cause I-I think I need to, to call the cops. | – 为什么? – 因为我-我觉得我需要,需要打电话给警察 |
[01:17] | The cops? What are you talking about? | 警察?你在说什么呢? |
[01:19] | My wife just tried to kill me. | 我妻子刚企图杀死我 |
[01:22] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[01:24] | I was sitting in the den, watching the end of the game. | 我当时做在工作间内 看比赛结束部分 |
[01:27] | She was in the kitchen doing dishes. | 她正在厨房做家务 |
[01:29] | Out of nowhere, she calls out and wants to know | 毫无缘由地,她出来想知道 |
[01:32] | i-if I got my beer on a coaster. | 我是否把我的啤酒放在垫子上 |
[01:35] | So I says, “No. | 所以我说,”没有 |
[01:36] | No, I don’t have my beer on a coaster.” | 没有,我没有把我的啤酒放在垫子上” |
[01:39] | So she yells back, “How many times, Vincent? | 所以她就开始喊叫 “多少次了,Vincent? |
[01:41] | How many times have I told you about the coaster?” | 我跟你说过多少次那个垫子的事情了?” |
[01:44] | So I says, “I don’t know. | 然后我说”我不知道 |
[01:46] | “How many times have I asked you | “我跟你告诫过多少次了 |
[01:48] | to stop being ugly?” | 不要再那么难看?” |
[01:49] | And then, I didn’t hear anything, | 然后,我什么都没有听见 |
[01:52] | but, like, a second later, | 但,就像,没有一秒钟 |
[01:55] | she comes flying out of the kitchen. | 她像飞一样从厨房冲出来 |
[01:57] | She-She’s got a carving knife in her hand, | 她,她手里拿者一把刻刀 |
[01:59] | and she’s got this look in her eyes. | 就像这样,冒着怒火 |
[02:02] | Next thing I know, she’s on top of me | 接下来我所知道的就是 她在我之上 |
[02:04] | and I, I got my hands around her wrist, | 而我,我抓住她的手腕 |
[02:06] | and her ugly face is right up against mine. | 她那丑陋的脸孔就正对着我 |
[02:10] | Somehow, I push her off a-and, and I start running, | 然后,我就把她推开 然后,然后我就开始跑 |
[02:14] | out the door, down the block. | 跑出了门,跑出了街区 |
[02:16] | I-I-I ran all the way to the boulevard here. | 我一直沿着这条林荫大道在跑 |
[02:19] | I mean, this is the first I’ve stopped. | 我是说,这是我第一个停下的地方 |
[02:22] | Look at me, look at me. | 看看我,看看我 |
[02:25] | I’m shaking. | 我在发抖 |
[02:31] | What? | 怎么了? |
[02:31] | I’m sorry, it’s just I… I think I get it. | 对不起,只是我…我想我明白了 |
[02:34] | The reason why you can see me, the reason why you can hear me. | 你为什么能看见我的原因 你为什么能听见我说话的原因 |
[02:39] | You’re dead. | 你死了 |
[02:43] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一遍? |
[02:45] | Your wife… she got you with the knife. | 你的妻子… 她用刀杀死了你 |
[02:49] | I’m guessing she was on top of you? | 我猜她比你厉害? |
[02:51] | She got you. | 她杀死了你 |
[02:53] | Th-The running, | 那个-那个奔跑 |
[02:54] | the boulevard, that was all after. | 林荫大道,都是之后的事情了 |
[02:56] | You’re nuts. | 你在胡说八道 |
[02:58] | Quite possibly, but I’m, I’m right about this. | 非常有可能,但我没胡说 我绝对没胡说 |
[03:00] | You’re dead, I’m dead. | 你死了,我也死了 |
[03:02] | We’re dead. | 我们都死了 |
[03:04] | You’re dead? | 你死了? |
[03:06] | I’m dead? | 我死了? |
[03:08] | Thanks, anyway. | 不管怎样,谢谢你 |
[03:10] | I’ll get a phone somewhere else. | 我去其他地方找电话 |
[03:11] | I-I got mugged. | 我碰到了个恶棍 |
[03:12] | Right here in this alley. | 就在这条小路上 |
[03:15] | Uh, guy was high as a kite. | 呃,一个明显喝高了的家伙 |
[03:17] | He pulled a gun. | 他拖出了一把枪 |
[03:18] | Here, come on, let me show you. | 这儿,过来,我给你看 |
[03:27] | Look. | 瞧 |
[03:32] | Ooh. You all right? | 哦,你还好吗? |
[03:34] | I just had the oddest dream. | 我刚做了个最奇怪的梦 |
[03:37] | I’m going to assume you said that with a straight face. | 我假定你说的是实话 |
[03:40] | Where you going? | 你要去哪? |
[03:42] | I’m going to call the authorities. | 我要去打电话给当局 |
[03:44] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[03:46] | It’s Saturday night. | 这是星期六晚上 |
[03:47] | You already worked a pretty long and sleepless week. | 你已经工作了整整一周 缺少睡眠 |
[03:49] | Don’t you think this’ll keep till morning? | 你不觉得到明天早上再说吗? |
[03:54] | I’m gonna take that as a no. | 我把你的行为解释为不 |
[04:52] | Mm, beat me to the paper again, | 嗯,又抢在我前面拿走报纸了 |
[04:54] | huh, you little newshound? | 呃,你个小小新闻记者? |
[04:55] | It’s the only day of the week | 这是一周唯一一天 |
[04:57] | when they let the comics be in color. | 他们会把漫画变成彩色的 |
[04:59] | You don’t mind if I read the Op-Ed section before you, | 你不介意我在你之前先看 前面的一部分吧 |
[05:01] | do you? | 是不是? |
[05:03] | Where’s Mommy? | 妈妈在哪? |
[05:05] | She had to go into work. | 她必须去工作了 |
[05:07] | On a Sunday? | 在星期天吗? |
[05:09] | Apparently, crime does not work a five-day week. | 很明显,罪犯可不是一周工作5天的 |
[05:13] | Will she be coming back soon? | 她很快就会回来吗? |
[05:15] | Uh, I don’t know. | 呃,我不知道 |
[05:16] | But she said | 但她说过 |
[05:18] | she was gonna help me with my diorama this afternoon. | 她今天下午会帮我完成 立体模型的 |
[05:21] | Relax, Bridge, relax. | 放松,Bridge,放松 |
[05:23] | No diorama drama, okay? | 立体模型没什么难的,好吗? |
[05:26] | I’m happy to fill in for Mommy. | 我很高兴代替妈妈的职责 |
[05:29] | There was an ATM | 在街角右面有一台 |
[05:30] | right around the corner. | 自动取款机 |
[05:31] | He had a receipt in his pocket. | 他的口袋中有一张收据 |
[05:32] | Apparently, he’d just withdrawn $500. | 很明显,他刚刚取出了500元 |
[05:36] | Whoever it was took the cash, his watch, | 不管是谁拿走了他的现金,他的手表 |
[05:37] | left everything else. | 但留下了其他的东西 |
[05:40] | Driver’s license says his name is Morgan Turley. | 驾照上说他叫Morgan Turley |
[05:42] | Has his family been notified? | 通知他的家人了吗? |
[05:45] | So far, we haven’t been able to locate any. | 迄今为止,我们还没有能找到任何人 |
[05:48] | What about his friends? | 那他的朋友呢? |
[05:49] | Most of the numbers in his cell phone | 他手机中的大部分号码 |
[05:51] | were for take-out places. | 都是外地的 |
[05:52] | We’re still running everything down. | 我们还在继续调查 |
[05:55] | Apparently, he was self-employed. | 很明显,他是个自主经营的人 |
[05:57] | We found a businescard. | 我们找到了一张名片 |
[05:58] | Worked out of his apartment. | 发现了他的住所 |
[06:00] | I fear this is not someone a whole lot | 我恐怕这不是某个 |
[06:02] | of people are going to miss. | 有许多人会想念的人 |
[06:21] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[06:27] | That so doesn’t look like George Washington. | 那也太不像乔治华盛顿了 |
[06:29] | Does, too. | 的确是 |
[06:31] | Looks more like an old lady in a funny hat to me. | 对我来说看起来更像是 一个老女人戴着一顶可笑的帽子 |
[06:33] | Tell her it’s George Washington, Dad. | 告诉她那是乔治华盛顿,爸爸 |
[06:35] | It is absolutely George Washington. | 这绝对是乔治华盛顿 |
[06:38] | In fact, I will stake my reputation | 实际上,我会捍卫我 |
[06:40] | as a diorama-maker on it. | 立体模型制造者的名声 |
[06:42] | However, you bring up an interesting point, Ariel, | 但是,你倒是提出了一个 很有意思的见解,Ariel |
[06:44] | one that many young scholars | 一个许多像你一样的 |
[06:46] | like yourself have pointed out. | 年轻学者所提出来的 |
[06:48] | Apparently, any number of our founding fathers, | 很明显,在众多铸造父亲的手中 |
[06:50] | when viewed in historical paintings, | 当他们一想到历史画面 |
[06:52] | bear an uncanny resemblance to old ladies in funny hats. | 都会不约而同地想出 老女人戴着可笑的帽子 |
[06:55] | Yeah, that’s what men wore back then. | 是啊,那就是过去的男人的穿着打扮 |
[06:58] | White wigs and weird hats. | 白头发和奇怪的帽子 |
[06:59] | It’s not their fault | 这不是他们的错 |
[07:01] | that’s what grandmas dress likethesedays. | 奶奶在当年也是如此打扮的 |
[07:02] | Bridge, I’m sorry, | Bridge,我很抱歉 |
[07:05] | but grandmas don’t even dress likethatanymore. | 但即使是奶奶也不会穿成那样 |
[07:09] | I’m Morgan, by the way. | 顺便说一下,我是Morgan |
[07:11] | Morgan Turley. | |
[07:16] | No. | 不 |
[07:19] | Uh-uh. Uh-uh. | 呃-呃.呃-呃 |
[07:22] | This is really nuts. | 这真的是一派胡言 |
[07:23] | No, i-it’s not nuts. | 不,这不是胡言乱语 |
[07:24] | It’s, it’s just the way that it works. | 只是,只是就是这样的 |
[07:28] | It’s me. | 这是我 |
[07:30] | I’ve just passed on, just like you have. | 我刚刚过世了,就像你一样 |
[07:32] | I-I, I know it sounds crazy, but once you accept it, | 我-我,我知道这听起来很疯狂 但一旦你接受这事实 |
[07:36] | once you embrace it, it actually feels pretty good. | 一旦你明白了这一点 这还真的感觉很不错 |
[07:43] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[07:45] | Let me show you something. | 让我给你看看你的 |
[07:54] | * | |
[08:02] | I know it’s hard to look at. | 我知道这很难看 |
[08:04] | I know it’s hard to accept, | 我知道这很难接受 |
[08:05] | but… you can’t spend the rest of forever | 但…你已经不能在余生 |
[08:08] | running through the streets in your underwear. | 穿着你的内衣奔跑在大街上了 |
[08:30] | Doesn’t really look like a millionaire, does she? | 看起来不太像是一个百万富翁,是不是? |
[08:33] | Is she? | 她是吗? |
[08:34] | Well, she will be soon. | 嗯,她马上会是了 |
[08:35] | That’s Cadence Bixby. | 那是Cadence Bixby |
[08:37] | She’s Morgan Turley’s sole heir. | 她是Morgan Turley的唯一继承人 |
[08:39] | Washea millionaire? No, | – Washea是百万富翁? – 不 |
[08:41] | but he had a life insurance policy worth that much, | 但他的人寿保险值这个数 |
[08:44] | and since she’s the only beneficiary, | 既然她是唯一受益人 |
[08:45] | she wants to offer a reward for any information | 她想向提供任何能抓住 |
[08:47] | leading to the capture of his killer. | 杀害他凶手的人一笔奖金作为奖励 |
[08:49] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[08:50] | Is she family? | 她是亲属吗? |
[08:51] | Actually, she barely knew him. | 实际上,她几乎都不认识他 |
[08:53] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[08:54] | Well, apparently, our boy Morgan | 显然,我们的Morgan男孩 |
[08:56] | really liked cats. | 真的很喜欢小猫 |
[08:57] | Ms. Bixby | Bixby小姐 |
[08:58] | over there was just explaining in great detail | 在那里刚刚详细解释了 |
[09:01] | how she rescues strays in her free time. | 她是怎么在空余时间拯救流浪小猫的 |
[09:03] | Brings dozens of the little critters in off the streets, | 从街上带回了十二只小猫回家 |
[09:05] | cleans them up, tries to find them homes. | 把它们清洗干净 试着帮它们找到新的住所 |
[09:07] | Long story short, Morgan adopted six of them | 长话短说,Morgan在过去两年 |
[09:09] | from her over the past two years. | 从她那里收养了6只小猫 |
[09:12] | Anyway, her coffee’s getting cold. | 总之,她的咖啡要冷了 |
[09:14] | Well, wait a second. | 呃,等等 |
[09:16] | I wanted to ask you: has that second body turned up yet? | 我想要问你的是:还有一个男人 有没有线索了? |
[09:19] | Mr. Underwear? | 内衣先生? |
[09:21] | No, but, uh, if I hear anything, | 没有,但是,呃,如果我听到了什么事情 |
[09:22] | you’ll be the first to know. | 你会是第一个知道的 |
[09:24] | FYI, uh, I’ve been asked by Ms. Bixby to spread the word | 还要告诉你的是,呃,我已经按照 Bixby小姐的要求发布信息 |
[09:28] | there’s going to be a memorial service | 说会有一个纪念活动 |
[09:29] | for Mr. Turley at Our Lady of Sorrows tonight at 7:00. | 今天晚上7点在我们的忧伤圣母 教堂举行,是为了Turley先生的 |
[09:32] | I hear all the coolest cats and kittens are going to be there, | 我听说所有干净的小猫和小狗都会出席 |
[09:35] | so if you’re hoping to get a good seat, I’d sashay in early. | 所以如果你希望有个好位子 我要提早帮你搞定 |
[09:38] | Mm… | 嗯… |
[09:39] | Okay, explain it | 好吧,给我 |
[09:40] | to me one more time why you’re going | 再解释一下你为什么 |
[09:42] | to a memorial service for a man that you didn’t even know. | 要去参加一个你都不认识的 人的纪念活动 |
[09:44] | Because he has no one. | 因为他没有亲戚朋友 |
[09:46] | He’s leaving all his money to a perfect stranger, | 他把他的钱都留给了一个陌生人 |
[09:49] | for goodness’ sake. | 看在上帝的份上 |
[09:50] | And that’s your problem because…? | 而你去的原因是…? |
[09:53] | Well, he’s not leaving the money to you, is he? | 他没有把钱留给你吧,有吗? |
[09:56] | Look, I’ve been dreaming about this man for, what, | 瞧,我已经连着做梦梦到这个男人,有 |
[09:59] | two days now? | 两天了? |
[10:00] | Presumably, there’s a reason. | 大概,这就是理由 |
[10:02] | Maybe it’s to help figure out who did this to him. | 或许这能帮助我找出 是谁对他做了这些 |
[10:04] | Or maybe it’s to be there when the few people | 或者我应该去那里 |
[10:06] | that he encountered in his life | 在那里只有他生命中遇到的极少数 |
[10:08] | gather together to say good-bye. | 的人能聚集在一起向他说再见 |
[10:10] | I’m not smart enough to know. | 我还没有聪明到能知道的地步 |
[10:11] | But I have been doing this long enough to know | 但我已经调查了那么长的时间 应该知道 |
[10:14] | that something about this man– | 一些关于这个男人的事情– |
[10:15] | his or his death, maybe– matters. | 他的或他死亡的事情 或许–一些大事 |
[10:18] | Yeah, it’s just that yesterday you weren’t home. | 是啊,你昨天已经不在家了 |
[10:20] | Tonight, you’re going out. | 今晚,你还要出去 |
[10:21] | Which reminds me. | 这倒提醒了我 |
[10:23] | I saw Bridgette’s diorama in the kitchen. | 我看到了厨房里面Bridgette的立体模型 |
[10:25] | Who’s the old lady in the boat? | 船里面的老女人是谁? |
[10:26] | You don’t get to do that. | 你不能那么做 |
[10:28] | What? Did I say something wrong? | 怎么了?我说错什么了吗? |
[10:30] | If you’re not here, you don’t get to critique. | 如果你不在这里,你就不能进行批评 |
[10:32] | (laughs) Har-dee-har-har. | 哈-哈-哈-哈 |
[10:33] | It wasn’t an old lady in the boat? | 船里面的不是个老女人? |
[10:34] | That’s George Washington, | 那是乔治华盛顿 |
[10:36] | the father of our country, | 我们的国家之父 |
[10:37] | and if you don’t like the way he looks, | 如果你不喜欢他看起来的样子 |
[10:38] | I’m sorry. then you should stay home | 我很抱歉.那你就应该在下次 |
[10:40] | the next time your daughter has a project. | 你女儿有项目要做的时候待在家里 |
[10:41] | Okay, I’m sorry, I didn’t know. | 好吧,我很抱歉,我不知道 |
[10:43] | They all looked like that back then. | 那个时候,他们看起来可都是那样的 |
[10:44] | Joe, I’m sorry. | Joe,我说对不起啦 |
[10:46] | I’d like to thank | 我要再次感谢 |
[10:48] | Pastor Grimes again for his lovely eulogy. | Pastor Grimes的感人赞辞 |
[10:51] | And for allowing me to get up here and say a few words | 还要感谢他允许我站在这里说一些 |
[10:54] | about my good friend, Morgan. | 关于我的好朋友,Morgan的事情 |
[10:56] | Morgan was a quiet man, | Morgan是个很安静的人 |
[10:59] | a shy man. | 一个很害羞的人 |
[11:01] | Deep down, I guess… a lonely man. | 把一切都藏在心中…一个孤独的人 |
[11:07] | He kept mostly to himself. | 他非常自闭 |
[11:11] | It took time to get to know Morgan. | 要花很长的时间才能去了解Morgan |
[11:14] | It took effort. | 要花费很多的精力 |
[11:16] | We grew up together, so I had an advantage. | 我们是一起长大的 所以我有优势 |
[11:22] | We knew each other’s secrets. | 我们都知道彼此的秘密 |
[11:24] | And one of Morgan’s biggest secrets | 而Morgan最大的一个秘密 |
[11:28] | was that he was happiest by himself. | 就是他觉得自己很幸福 |
[11:31] | Happiest in his apartment. | 在他的公寓里面很幸福 |
[11:35] | Once or twice a month, I could usually drag him out | 每个月总有一次或两次 我通常会拖着他 |
[11:38] | to a movie or a ball game. | 一起去看场电影或场球赛 |
[11:41] | But that was it for him. | 但也仅仅就这样 |
[11:44] | Pleasure in small doses. | 小事中得到快乐 |
[11:47] | That was all he could handle. | 这也就是他能应付的全部了 |
[11:50] | I’m gonna miss him. | 我会怀念他的 |
[11:53] | The talks after we would leave the theater. | 在我说完话后我们可以一起离开教堂 |
[11:59] | Or just sitting in his apartment, | 或去坐到他的公寓中 |
[12:01] | staring out the window. | 看着窗外 |
[12:04] | His favorite way to deal with the world. | 他最喜欢这样来看待世界 |
[12:08] | Good-bye Morgan. | 再见了,Morgan |
[12:10] | You were a good man | 你是个好人 |
[12:12] | and a great friend. | 一个伟大的朋友 |
[12:14] | Mr. Turley? | Turley先生? |
[12:19] | I’m glad you were able to see this. | 我很高兴你可以看见这些 |
[12:22] | I’m glad that you were able to see | 我很高兴你可以看见 |
[12:24] | that people really do care. | 人们真的是很关心你的 |
[12:30] | You can see me? | 你可以看见我? |
[12:33] | You know that I’m here? | 你知道我在这里? |
[12:36] | This is weird. | 这太怪异了 |
[12:38] | You don’t look dead. | 你看起来不像是死了的样子 |
[12:39] | I’m not. | 我没死 |
[12:41] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[12:42] | But don’t worry; I’m the only one. | 但不要担心;我是唯一一个可以这样的人 |
[12:45] | Actually, I’m with the District Attorney’s office. | 事实上,我是在地检官办公室工作的 |
[12:48] | And I want to take this opportunity | 我想要借这个机会 |
[12:50] | to assure you we are going to find the person | 向你保证我们会找出对你 |
[12:53] | who did this to you. | 做了这一切的人 |
[12:54] | We are going to punish the person who did this to you. | 我们会惩罚这个对你做了一切的人 |
[12:59] | You know, it’s okay if you don’t. | 你知道,如果你不做也没关系 |
[13:03] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[13:07] | I got to believe you’ve got better things to do. | 我相信你还有更好的事情要去做 |
[13:10] | I mean, you find the person that did this to me, | 我是说,你找到了那个对我做了 这一切的人 |
[13:14] | it’s not going to change anything. | 并不会改变任何事 |
[13:15] | I’m still going to be dead. | 我还是会死 |
[13:17] | You deserve justice, Mr. Turley. | 你应该得到公正,Turley先生 |
[13:20] | And we certainly don’t want | 我们也肯定不希望 |
[13:21] | whoever did this to you to do it again. | 对你做了这个人再次犯事 |
[13:23] | Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that. | 哦,我倒不担心这个 |
[13:25] | I don’t think he would. | 我想他不会的 |
[13:28] | I got the distinct impression that this was a one-time thing. | 我有强烈的直觉,这只是一次性事件 |
[13:34] | Well, on the off-chance that you’re wrong, | 也有一定的机会你是错的 |
[13:39] | is there anything you can tell me | 你有什么关于这个男人的 |
[13:41] | about this man? | 情况可以告诉我吗? |
[13:49] | He rebuffed you? | 他回绝了你? |
[13:50] | He rebuffed me. | 他回绝了我 |
[13:51] | I looked down for a second | 我就往下看了几眼 |
[13:52] | to get something out of my purse, | 想从我的钱包里面拿东西出来 |
[13:54] | and he was gone. | 他就跑了 |
[13:55] | The nerve of some ghosts. | 这个鬼魂还真有勇气 |
[13:56] | He looked so threatened, | 他看起来是那么害怕 |
[13:58] | like I was some kind of problem or something. | 就像我是什么祸害之类的 |
[14:02] | Well, who knows? | 谁知道呢? |
[14:03] | Maybe he was embarrassed. | 或许他只是觉得很窘迫 |
[14:04] | Embarrassed by what? | 窘迫什么? |
[14:06] | Well, the guy’s at his own memorial service. | 这个家伙是在他自己的纪念活动上 |
[14:10] | He’s spying on his friends, | 他在偷窥他的朋友 |
[14:12] | listening to what they had to say about him. | 偷听他们在对他说什么 |
[14:15] | It’s a little narcissistic, it’s a little embarrassing | 这实在有些自恋 有些让人难堪 |
[14:17] | if you get caught at it. | 如果你能明白这 |
[14:18] | I just wanted him to know that I cared. | 我只是想让他知道我关心他 |
[14:20] | I just want him to know | 我只是想让他知道 |
[14:21] | that whoever did this to him | 不管是谁对他做了这些 |
[14:23] | wasn’t simply going to get away with it. | 不能就此逃之夭夭 |
[14:25] | All right, I get that, I do, | 好吧,我是明白你的意思 |
[14:26] | and I’m sure that he does, too, | 我肯定他也很明白 |
[14:28] | so just be patient. | 但你再耐心点 |
[14:29] | If he really wants your help, | 如果他真的想得到你的帮助 |
[14:31] | I’m sure he’ll come asking for it. | 我肯定他会向你要求的 |
[14:34] | I certainly would if I were dead. | 如果是我死了的话,我肯定会那么做 |
[14:38] | She really did it. | 她真的那么做了 |
[14:41] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[14:42] | I just thought… | 我只是以为… |
[14:45] | you seemed like you really needed to see the truth. | 你看起来真的需要看到一些事实 |
[14:47] | It seemed like you were having a hard time accepting. | 你看起来很难接受这个事实 |
[14:49] | Oh. | 哦 |
[14:50] | My grandfath’s watch. | 我祖父的表 |
[14:52] | Killing me wasn’t enough. | 杀了我还不够 |
[14:54] | She had to make me break that watch. | 她还给我弄坏了那个表 |
[14:57] | This watch? | 这个表? |
[14:59] | This is a hundred- year-old watch. | 这是块上百年历史的表 |
[15:01] | My Grandpa DiScala, he gave it to me | 我的祖父DiScala,他在临终之时 |
[15:04] | on his deathbed. | 把这个给了我 |
[15:08] | Let it go, Vincent. | 算了吧,Vincent |
[15:10] | We don’t need watches where we’re going. | 我们不需要再继续看下去了 |
[15:15] | Why, Gladys?! | 为什么,Gladys?! |
[15:22] | All right, I know you hated me, | 好吧,我知道你恨我 |
[15:25] | but I never knew you hated me this much. | 但我从不知道你是如此之恨我 |
[15:35] | You know… | 你知道… |
[15:38] | for a fellow murder victim, | 对于一个被谋杀的受害人 |
[15:40] | you’re being pretty Zen about all this. | 你对此还真是坦然啊 |
[15:44] | I’m dead. | 我也死了 |
[15:45] | Why shouldn’t I be Zen? | 我为什么不能坦然处之? |
[15:46] | Aren’t you ticked? | 你不是糊涂了吧? |
[15:48] | Don’t you want to get the guy who killed you? | 你不想找到那个杀了你的家伙? |
[15:49] | I’m beyond all that now; you should be, too. | 我已经把这个都忘记了 你也应该这样 |
[15:58] | What happened to you, anyway? | 话说回来,你到底怎么了? |
[16:00] | Mugging, huh? | 被恶棍抢劫,嗯? |
[16:01] | Well… um, not exactly. | …嗯,也不完全是 |
[16:06] | What do you mean, “not exactly”? | 你说的”不完全是”是什么意思? |
[16:08] | How’d you end up getting shot in that alley? | 你怎么会在那条小巷中受到 枪击结束生命的? |
[16:10] | I… it’s kind of a… | 我…这个… |
[16:13] | a long story actually. | 说来话长了 |
[16:16] | Look at me, friend. | 看看我,朋友 |
[16:19] | I got nothing but time, right? | 除了时间我一无所有了,是不是? |
[16:22] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[16:23] | I’d rather show you than tell you. | 我更愿意直接展示给你看 |
[16:25] | We have to go somewhere else now? | 我们现在要去其他的地方吗? |
[16:27] | My apartment, yeah. | 我的公寓,是的 |
[16:37] | Uh, seriously, Vincent… | 呃,说真的,Vicent… |
[16:39] | I’m not sure that you want to see this. | 我不是很肯定你想看到这个 |
[16:47] | Oh… all right, fine. | 哦…好吧,那好 |
[16:50] | Your apartment, it is. | 去你的公寓,是的 |
[16:59] | Vincent and Gladys DiScala. | Vincent和Gladys DiScala |
[17:01] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[17:03] | Anything else? | 还有什么吗? |
[17:04] | She cut him up with a saw; that’s why we can’t find him. | 她用锯子把他切了开来 所以我们没法找到他 |
[17:07] | No way to get a warrant, | 没办法得到搜查令 |
[17:09] | but once I have an address, I could certainly swing by | 但我一旦得到地址 我就肯定可以晃过去 |
[17:11] | and ask a few questions about her husband’s whereabouts. | 问她一些她丈夫的下落之类的问题 |
[17:13] | You want to come with? | 你想一起过来吗? |
[17:14] | Can’t. | 不能 |
[17:16] | I’m on my way to Morgan Turley’s apartment. | 我正在去Morgan Turley公寓的路上 |
[17:17] | What for? | 去干嘛? |
[17:18] | Well, in that same dream, Morgan started to suggest | 在同一个梦里,Morgan开始暗示 |
[17:21] | that maybe there was more to it than just a mugging. | 或许这并不只是一起被恶棍抢劫的案子 |
[17:24] | And then he said he’d rather show Vincent | 然后他说他情愿给Vincent演示 |
[17:27] | why he was killed than tell him. | 一下为什么他会被杀死 而不只是说给他听 |
[17:29] | He made it sound like the answer was somewhere in his apartment. | 他搞的好像答案就在他公寓里的某处一样 |
[17:32] | I just… | 我只是… |
[17:33] | I just want to take a look. | 我只是想去看一下 |
[18:01] | Hey, kitty, kitty. | 嘿,猫猫,猫猫 |
[18:04] | Oh, kitty. | 哦,猫猫 |
[18:19] | Can I help you with something? | 有什么我能帮你的吗? |
[18:22] | Hello again. | 又见面了 |
[18:24] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:26] | Is there something I can help you with? | 有什么我可以帮你的吗? |
[18:28] | I was just looking at this chair. | 我只是在看这张椅子 |
[18:31] | I was wondering why it was pointing towards the window. | 我很想知道为什么它正对着窗口 |
[18:34] | I like looking out the window. | 我喜欢看着窗外 |
[18:36] | I’ve always liked looking out the window, | 我以前总是喜欢看着窗外 |
[18:38] | ever since I was a little boy. | 打我还是个孩子的时候起 |
[18:39] | Anything else? | 还有什么吗? |
[18:41] | No, I… | 没有,我… |
[18:43] | Do you want me to call someone about your cats? | 你想让我打电话叫什么人来 照看一下你的猫吗? |
[18:45] | Maybe that wom you left the money to? | 或许是那个你留给她钱的女士? |
[18:47] | I’m sure you want them to find good homes. | 我肯定你想让它们找到一个好的归属 |
[18:50] | No, don’t call her. | 不,不要打电话给她 |
[18:52] | I don’t want her to see where I lived. | 我不想让她看见我住在哪里 |
[18:54] | Somebody else, call somebody else. | 叫别人吧,打电话给别人吧 |
[19:00] | What? Why are you looking at me like that? | 怎么了?你为什么这么看着我? |
[19:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:03] | I asked you if you could tell me anything about your killer | 我问你你是否可以跟我讲讲 那天那个杀了你的 |
[19:06] | the other day, and you just disappeared. | 凶手,而你就消失了 |
[19:08] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[19:10] | I… I was confused. | 我…我有些困惑 |
[19:13] | You are alive but you could see me. | 你是活着的,但你可以看见我 |
[19:16] | I didn’t understand about people like you. | 我不太了解你这样的人 |
[19:18] | I’m sorry if I frightened you. | 我很抱歉,如果吓坏了你 |
[19:20] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[19:24] | You look nervous. | 你看起来很紧张 |
[19:26] | I’m not nervous. | 我不紧张 |
[19:30] | It’s awfully dark in here. | 这里很黑 |
[19:31] | You afraid someone’s going to see you? | 你害怕有人来看你? |
[19:41] | Hey, wait a second, isn’t that her? | 嘿,等等,那是她吗? |
[19:43] | Isn’t that the woman we were just talking about, | 那不就是那个我们刚才正在 谈论的女士吗? |
[19:46] | the one you left all that money to? | 就是那个你把钱都留给她的? |
[19:47] | The one who said that she barely knew you? | 那个说她几乎都不认识你的人? |
[19:51] | Cadence… something? | Cadence… 还是叫什么? |
[19:54] | ??? | 你知道她就住在你的对面… |
[20:04] | ??? ne tonight as police continue to find | 直到今天晚上,警察还在 |
[20:07] | small pieces of Glendale resident | Glendale的住所继续寻找 |
[20:09] | Vincent DiScala buried throughout the backyard | 她埋在后院中的Vincent DiScala |
[20:12] | of his home. | 的尸体碎块 |
[20:13] | His wife, Gladys DiScala, is being taken into custody, | 他的妻子,Gladys DiScala 已经被带去警局 |
[20:16] | but so far police refuse | 但迄今为止,警察拒绝 |
[20:18] | to discuss the specifics of the evidence | 在这个时候透露任何 |
[20:20] | against her at this time. | 不利于她的证据的细节 |
[20:24] | I don’t quite know how I’m going to break this | 我实在想不出我该如何对 |
[20:26] | to poor Bridge. | 可怜的Bridge破坏这个东西 |
[20:28] | I don’t think we have enough magnets | 我觉得我们没有足够的磁铁 |
[20:30] | to stick this “A+” diorama | 来把这个”优+”的描述了 |
[20:33] | depicting the father of our country | 我们国家之父的立体模型 |
[20:34] | to the refrigerator. | 贴到冰箱上 |
[20:40] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[20:44] | Did I mention the “A+”? | 我有提到过”优+”吗? |
[20:46] | I just don’t get it. | 我只是还不明白 |
[20:48] | Why wouldn’t he want to tell me who did this to him? | 他为什么不愿意告诉我 是谁杀害了他? |
[20:50] | Give me a description? | 对我详细描述一下? |
[20:52] | Tell me what really happened? | 告诉我到底发生了什么事情? |
[20:54] | Because he doesn’t want you to know. | 因为他不想让你知道 |
[20:57] | But why? | 但为什么呢? |
[20:59] | Why would a person in their right mind | 为什么有人诚心不想让 |
[21:00] | not want their killer found? | 杀害他的人被我们找到? |
[21:02] | Don’t you find it mystifying? | 你不觉得这很迷惑吗? |
[21:04] | Uh, no. What I find mystifying | 呃,不.我所迷惑的是 |
[21:06] | is your insistence on helping this man, | 你为什么要如此坚持帮助这个男人 |
[21:08] | despite the fact that he doesn’t want it. | 不管他其实并不想要你的帮助 |
[21:11] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[21:13] | Let him lie in peace. | 让他安静地走吧 |
[21:15] | For that matr, | 忘了他 |
[21:16] | how about the two of us lying in peace? | 就让我们两个安静地躺在这里好吗? |
[21:20] | That makes no sense, that’s crazy. | 没有理由的,这实在太疯狂了 |
[21:22] | Why protect the person who ended your life? | 为什么要保护一个终结了你生命的人? |
[21:25] | That’s crazy? | 那很疯狂? |
[21:26] | How about leaving everything you have | 那把你剩下的所有一切 |
[21:29] | to a woman that you barely knew? | 都留给一个几乎都不认识的女人呢? |
[21:31] | A woman you say this guy peeped on every day? | 留给那个你说这个家伙每天 都会偷窥的女人? |
[21:34] | Consider the source, Allison. | 想想这个人的本质吧,Allison |
[21:38] | Yeah, well… | 是啊,好吧… |
[21:46] | I love you, too. | 我爱你 |
[21:49] | What’s the deal with the cats? | 这些猫该怎么办? |
[21:51] | What do you mean “What’s the deal with the cats”? | 你说的”这些猫该怎么办”是什么意思? |
[21:53] | They’re cats. Don’t you like cats? | 它们只是猫而已 你不喜欢猫? |
[21:54] | Not really. | 不是很喜欢 |
[21:56] | But I guess you do, huh? | 但我猜你喜欢,嗯? |
[21:58] | I’m allergic, actually. | 事实上,我对猫过敏 |
[21:59] | What? Then how come you got so many? | 什么?那你为什么要养那么多猫? |
[22:02] | I mean,hadso many. | 我是说,有那么多 |
[22:04] | You ever been in love, Vincent? | 你恋爱过吗,Vincent? |
[22:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:10] | Given the events of the past few days, | 过去这些天发生的事情 |
[22:12] | and, uh, given the circumstances | 还有,呃,我现在 |
[22:14] | of my present condition, | 身处的状况 |
[22:16] | I have to say I would like | 我不得不说我要在 |
[22:17] | to think about that before I answer. Why? | 回答之前好好想想这个问题 你为什么这么问? |
[22:27] | Her? | 她? |
[22:31] | Looks like she had a party. | 看起来她有个派对 |
[22:33] | She’s got a lot to celebrate. | 她有很多事情可以庆祝 |
[22:34] | She just came into a lot of money. | 她刚刚得到了一大笔钱 |
[22:37] | Good for her. Yup. | – 真不错 – 是啊 |
[22:40] | Left her everything I had. | 我把所有的一切都留给了她 |
[22:42] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[22:45] | What’s not to get? Look at her. | 有什么不明白的? 看看她 |
[22:46] | Okay, but she’s alive, | 好吧,但她还活着 |
[22:49] | and you’re kind of indisposed. | 很明显你可不适合她 |
[22:55] | Are you trying to tell me that she may have had | 你是否在试着告诉我 她和你 |
[22:58] | something to do with your… | 过早的死亡… |
[22:59] | untimely passing? | 有什么关系吗? |
[23:02] | It wasn’t untimely, Vincent. | 没有过早,Vincent |
[23:05] | It was precisely timed. It was perfectly timed. | 是正好.是绝对正好 |
[23:08] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[23:10] | Are you trying to tell me that she’s the one who shot you? | 你是在想告诉我她 就是那个向你开枪的人吗? |
[23:13] | You want to hear the whole story? | 你想听整个故事吗? |
[23:15] | You want to hear all about it? | 你想听这所有的一切吗? |
[23:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:20] | Hang on a second. | 等等 |
[23:21] | I think somebody else is here. | 我觉得还有别人在这里 |
[23:23] | Somebody is listening to us. | 有人在听我们说话 |
[23:28] | It’s you, isn’t it? | 是你,是不是? |
[23:29] | Nobody invited you here. | 没有人邀请你到这里来 |
[23:31] | Wake up! | 醒醒! |
[23:33] | Did you hear me? | 你听见我说了吗? |
[23:34] | I said “Wake up.” Wake up! | 我说”醒醒”醒醒! |
[23:37] | Get your head out of my… death. | 你不许再想我的…死亡 |
[23:41] | You want me to give you a bad dream? | 你想让我给你个恶梦吗? |
[23:44] | Okay. You asked for it. | 好吧,是你要求的 |
[23:59] | That is so not fair. | 这不公平 |
[24:06] | Morgan Turley was in love with the cat lady. | Morgan Turley爱着那个爱猫的女士 |
[24:09] | Cadence Bixby? | |
[24:11] | When I heard about that million dollars | 当我听说他留了 |
[24:13] | he left her, I had a hunch he might have been | 一百万美元给她,我就有预感他或许 |
[24:14] | more hot than cold on her. | 对她是十分有激情的 |
[24:16] | I think he overplayed his hand though. | 我觉得他的手段过火了些 |
[24:18] | It’s kind of tough to close the deal | 这对于他这种性格的人来说 |
[24:19] | from where he is, don’t you think? | 实在是强人所难了,你觉得呢? |
[24:20] | I think she may have seduced him, talked him | 我觉得她或许是诱使了他 跟他谈了那个荒谬 |
[24:22] | into getting that ridiculous life insurance policy, | 的生命人寿保险 |
[24:24] | and then killed him. | 然后杀了他 |
[24:25] | Can we talk to her? | 我们能和她谈谈吗? |
[24:30] | Ms. Bixby? | Bixby小姐? |
[24:32] | I’m District Attorney Devalos. | 我是地检官Devalos |
[24:35] | This is Allison Dubois. | 这位是Allison Dubois |
[24:37] | Of course, you already know | 当然,你已经认识了 |
[24:38] | Detective Scanlon. We very much | Scanlon侦探.我们非常 |
[24:39] | appreciate you coming down to speak with us. | 感谢您跑过来跟我们聊聊 |
[24:41] | Now you’ve gone too far. | 现在你可搞大了 |
[24:42] | This woman had nothing to do with anything. | 这个女人跟这件事情一点关系也没有 |
[24:44] | Your assistant on the phone said you wanted | 你的助理在电话上跟我说,你想要 |
[24:46] | to talk to me about what happened to poor Mr. Turley? | 跟我谈谈发生在可怜的 Turley先生身上的事? |
[24:47] | Has someone come forward with new information? | 有什么人带来什么新的线索了吗? |
[24:50] | Are they trying to claim the reward money that I offered? | 他们是不是想要我提供的悬赏奖金? |
[24:53] | Let’s talk in the conference room please. | 我们一起去会议室谈谈吧,请 |
[24:59] | Do you want me to give you bad dreams | 你是想让我在你以后生命中的 |
[25:00] | every night for the rest of your life? | 每一个晚上都给你恶梦吗? |
[25:02] | And that would change my life how, exactly? | 那能真的改变我的生活吗? |
[25:04] | I’m begging you, put a stop to this. | 算我求你,停手吧 |
[25:06] | No good can come of this. | 这样下去没有好处的 |
[25:07] | Tell me what really happened in that alley. | 告诉我那天在小巷里面到底发生了什么 |
[25:09] | Who shot you? | 是谁对你开的枪? |
[25:10] | Why? Why do you care? | 为什么?你为什么要如此关心? |
[25:12] | You ever heard of the expression | 你有没有听说过那么一句话 |
[25:13] | “die in peace”? | “在平静中死去”? |
[25:16] | Ms. Bixby, it’s | Bixby小姐,据我所知 |
[25:18] | my understanding that when you came to see Detective Scanlon | 那天你过来找Scanlon侦探的时候 |
[25:20] | the other day, you told him you hardly knew Morgan Turley. | 你告诉他,你几乎不认识Morgan Turley |
[25:23] | That’s true. I run a small, | 是的.我平时做一些 |
[25:26] | non-profit shelter for cats. | 非盈利性的为小猫寻找新家的事 |
[25:27] | I take in strays, try to find them homes. | 我把流浪猫带回家,帮它们找到新家 |
[25:31] | One day, Mr. Turley just walked through the door. | 一天,Turley先生从门口走了进来 |
[25:33] | Said he loved cats, was wondering if he could adopt one. | 说他很爱小猫 想知道是否能收养一只 |
[25:36] | Is that a crime? | 这有罪吗? |
[25:37] | And that’s it? | 就这些? |
[25:39] | That’s the extent of your relationship? | 你们之间的关系就限于此? |
[25:42] | Well, it actually happened a number of times. | 嗯,实际上这样的事情发生过好几次 |
[25:45] | I believe he ultimately ended up adopting | 我相信他最终一共 |
[25:47] | about a half dozen strays. | 收养了半打的流浪猫 |
[25:48] | Sounds like a nice man. | 听起来他是很好人 |
[25:51] | He seemed so. | 看起来是的 |
[25:52] | Ms. Bixby, didn’t you find it odd | Bixby小姐,你不觉得这很奇怪吗 |
[25:54] | that someone you barely knew | 有一个你几乎都不认识的人 |
[25:55] | would leave you so much money? | 会留给你这么一大笔钱? |
[25:57] | Of course. | 当然奇怪 |
[25:58] | It’s been overwhelming. | 这实在太匪夷所思 |
[26:00] | Morgan Turley has changed my life. | Morgan Turley改变了我的生活 |
[26:03] | I can only guess that the cats | 我只能猜测我给他 |
[26:05] | I placed with him gave him great joy, | 的猫带给了他太多的快乐 |
[26:07] | that he was looking for a way to say thank you, | 他是想寻求这么个方式来说感谢 |
[26:09] | to support the work that made those adoptions possible, | 支持让那些收养变成可能的工作 |
[26:13] | But why leave that money to you, specifically? | 但为什么是留钱给你,特定给你? |
[26:17] | He didn’t leave it to your shelter. | 他没有留给你的那家庇护所 |
[26:19] | He didn’t leave it to any of the bigger, | 他也没有把钱留给任何一家 |
[26:21] | better known organizations that do similar work. | 更大,更著名的组织来做这些类似的工作 |
[26:24] | What do you mean “why”? | 你说的”为什么?”是什么意思? |
[26:25] | Because I trust her. | 因为我信任她 |
[26:27] | Because it was my money. | 因为这是我的钱 |
[26:28] | I could do whatever the hell I wanted to with it. | 我想怎么用就怎么用我的钱 |
[26:31] | Oh, my goodness. | 哦,我的上帝 |
[26:33] | You think that I might have something | 你们觉得我或许 |
[26:35] | to do with his murder, | 和他的被害有关系吗 |
[26:37] | don’t you? No. No one’s saying that. | – 是不是? – 不.没有人那么说 |
[26:39] | We’re exploring all sorts of possibilities, | 我们只是在探寻所有的可能性 |
[26:40] | but it’d be helpful if you could tell us | 但如果你能告诉我们 |
[26:42] | where you were this past Saturday night. | 你在上个星期天晚上在哪里 那对我们会很有帮助 |
[26:44] | Is there anyone who can vouch for your whereabouts? | 有没有什么人可以为你做不在场证明? |
[26:47] | No. | 没有 |
[26:50] | I was home. | 我当时在家 |
[26:52] | But I was by myself. | 但我只是一个人 |
[26:56] | Am I in trouble? | 我是不是有麻烦了? |
[26:57] | Do I need a lawyer? | 我需要找律师吗? |
[27:06] | I’m begging you– look at her. | 我求求你了–看看她 |
[27:08] | Is that the face of a killer? | 那是一张凶手的脸吗? |
[27:10] | Is that the face of a person who could | 那是一张会 |
[27:11] | pull the trigger on another human being? | 对另外一个人扣动扳机的脸吗? |
[27:13] | She rescues pussycats for God’s sake! | 她可是一直在营救那些小猫的啊 上帝啊! |
[27:16] | So you never had any contact | 所以你在庇护所之外 |
[27:18] | with Mr. Turley outside of the shelter? | 从没有和Turley先生有过接触? |
[27:20] | You didn’t know him in any context | 你从来没有了解过他其他的方面 |
[27:22] | except as a man who was interested in adopting cats? | 除了他是一个对收养小猫 非常感兴趣的人? |
[27:25] | When they first called to tell me he had passed away | 直到他们打电话告诉我说他已经过世了 |
[27:27] | and left me his insurance money, | 把他的保险金都留给了我 |
[27:30] | I couldn’t even remember who he was. | 我都不记得他是谁了 |
[27:31] | What did I tell you? Come on, Mrs. Dubois. | 我跟你说的吧?拜托,Dubois夫人 |
[27:33] | You can put a stop to this. | 你可以让这一切都结束了 |
[27:35] | You can do it. | 你可以的 |
[27:37] | Did you know you were neighbors? Oh, no. | – 你知道你们是邻居吗? – 哦,不 |
[27:40] | No, no, no. Don’t tell her that! Really? | – 不,不,不.不要告诉她那个! – 真的吗? |
[27:42] | I believe he lived directly across the street from you. | 我相信他就住在你家的正对面 |
[27:45] | And who knows, maybe you can see his apartment from yours? | 谁知道呢,或许你可以从你的公寓 里面看见他的公寓? |
[27:48] | Wouldn’t that be an amazing coincidence. | 不会是那么惊人的巧合吧 |
[27:50] | And maybe he could see | 或许他可以从他的公寓 |
[27:53] | your apartment from his. | 中看到你的 |
[27:56] | Oh. | 哦 |
[27:59] | Okay. I give. | 好吧,我投降 |
[28:01] | I’ll tell you anything you want to know. | 我会告诉你任何你想知道的 |
[28:03] | Just don’t tell her anything else. | 只要不再告诉她其他事了 |
[28:04] | Don’t ask her anything else. | 不要再问她任何事情 |
[28:06] | Isn’t there any way we can check on that? | 有什么办法我们可以查出这个吗? |
[28:08] | Excuse yourself. | 你先说下抱歉 |
[28:10] | Right now. Let’s go out into the hallway, | 马上.我们到外面的走廊里去 |
[28:11] | and I’ll tell you everything. Perhaps. | – 我会告诉你所有的一切 – 或许可以 |
[28:13] | Can you excuse me a second? | 你能原谅我一下吗? |
[28:15] | I need to step outside. | 我要到外面去一下 |
[28:16] | I need to check on something. I’ll be right back. | 我必须检查一些东西 马上就回来 |
[28:22] | I did it. You did what? | – 是我做的 – 你做了什么? |
[28:23] | I killed myself. | 我杀了我自己 |
[28:24] | You did not. | 你没有 |
[28:26] | Did, too. | 就是我 |
[28:27] | Cross my heart and hope to die. | 子弹穿过我的心脏,我希望能死去 |
[28:28] | Ask anybody who knows me. | 问问任何一个认识我的人 |
[28:29] | I’ve always talked about killing myself. | 我一直在说要自杀 |
[28:31] | That’s not funny, and that’s not true. | 那可不好玩,那也不是真的 |
[28:33] | There’s nothing about your injuries | 你的伤口和 |
[28:35] | that are consistent with suicide. | 自杀没有丝毫吻合之处 |
[28:36] | Besides, everyone knows, | 此外,所有人都知道 |
[28:38] | life insurance doesn’t pay off on suicides. | 人寿保险是不保自杀的 |
[28:40] | If you prove it was a suicide. | 如果你证明这是一起自杀 |
[28:42] | Which we can’t because it isn’t. | 我们没办法证明,因为这不是的 |
[28:44] | Well, then… | 那么… |
[28:46] | I guess we’re at a standoff. | 我猜我们现在扯平了 |
[28:47] | Really? I was just thinking of taking Cadence | 真的吗?我正在考虑带Cadence |
[28:50] | for a little tour of your place. | 去稍微参观一下你的住所 |
[28:51] | Checking out the cats, showing her | 看看那些小猫们,给她看一下 |
[28:53] | your view from your living room window. | 你从你的卧室窗口能看到的景色 |
[28:55] | No! | 不! |
[28:56] | Yes! Oh, no. | – 是的! – 哦,不 |
[28:59] | Don’t tell me you’re dragging him into this, too? | 不要告诉我你也把他给拉进 这件事了啊? |
[29:02] | I’m sorry to bother you. | 很抱歉打搅到你 |
[29:04] | Do you work here? | 你在这里工作吗? |
[29:05] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[29:06] | I’m looking for my fianc, Cadence? | 我在找我的未婚妻,Cadence? |
[29:09] | Cadence Bixby? | |
[29:10] | Your fianc? | Your fianc? – 你的未婚妻? – 你的未婚妻? |
[29:12] | Do you know where she might be? | 你知道她大概会在哪里吗? |
[29:14] | She’s right in there. | 她就在里面 |
[29:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:21] | You never told me that Cadence and Nick were… | 你从来没有告诉过我Cadence和Nick是… |
[29:28] | That’s it, I’m done. | 就这样吧,我不管了 |
[29:31] | The guy doesn’t care about catching his killer, | 那个家伙都不在乎要抓住 杀死他的凶手 |
[29:32] | why should I? | 我又为什么那么积极呢? |
[29:36] | It’s just so strange. | 只是太奇怪了 |
[29:38] | You’d think the way he always kept an eye on her, | 你想想他总是在关注着他的方面 |
[29:41] | he’d have a clue that she was involved with his best friend. | 他应该会了解到她和他 最好的朋友搅和在了一起 |
[29:43] | Do I feel sorry for the guy? Absolutely. | 我对这个家伙感到遗憾吗?绝对是 |
[29:46] | Am I gonna lose any more sleep over him? No. | 我要再牺牲我的睡眠来帮助他吗?不 |
[29:50] | Me, either. | 我也是 |
[29:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:58] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[30:01] | Pull the trigger. | 扣扳机吧 |
[30:04] | You sure about this? | 你确定要这样吗? |
[30:14] | Don’t back out on me, Nick. | 别对我心软,Nick |
[30:18] | Please. | 求你了 |
[30:20] | I’m begging you. | 我乞求你 |
[30:25] | With friends | 有那样的 |
[30:26] | like that, huh? | 朋友,嗯? |
[30:30] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[30:32] | Morgan wanted to die? | Morgan想求死? |
[30:34] | That was before he knew his best pal | 那是在他知道他最好的朋友 |
[30:36] | was shacking up with the girl he loved. | 和那个他深爱的女孩同居之前 |
[30:39] | Now, I think he’s having second thoughts. | 现在,我想他有另外种想法了 |
[30:43] | Did you send me that dream, Mr. DiScala? | 是你给我带梦的吗,DiScala先生? |
[30:46] | I know you’ve been trying to help him. | 我知道你一直试着去帮他 |
[30:48] | Considering the hit the poor guy took today, | 考虑一下这个可怜的家伙 今天受到的打击吧 |
[30:51] | I thought you ought to know the truth. | 我觉得你应该知道真相 |
[31:15] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[31:17] | Vincent filled me in, | Vincent告诉我的 |
[31:19] | showed me what really happened in that alley. | 给我看了在那个小巷中 发生的真实情况 |
[31:30] | But why, Morgan? | 但为什么要那样,Morgan? |
[31:31] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要那么做? |
[31:37] | I loved Cadence Bixby. | 我爱上了Cadence Bixby |
[31:39] | From the moment I laid eyes on her, through this window, | 在我通过那个窗口看到她的第一眼时 |
[31:43] | I loved Cadence Bixby. | 我爱上了Cadence Bixby |
[31:45] | I watched her up here for months– | 我在这里观察了她好几个月– |
[31:48] | getting ready for work in the morning, | 早上准备好去开工 |
[31:50] | coming home from work in the evening– | 晚上下班回家– |
[31:52] | and I thought to myself, | 我对自己说 |
[31:53] | “My God, if I could just get close to this woman, | “我的上帝,我是否可以再接近点这个女人 |
[31:57] | if I could just matter to this woman.” | 我是否可以跟这个女人发生进一步的关系” |
[32:01] | And then, | 然后 |
[32:02] | I decided to follow her. | 我决定跟踪她 |
[32:04] | I wanted to know more than what I saw from up here– | 我想知道更多一些我在这里 能看到的之外的事情– |
[32:07] | where she worked, where she ate. | 她在哪里上班,她在哪里吃饭 |
[32:10] | And then I discovered the shelter. | 然后我发现了庇护所 |
[32:12] | It took me weeks to get up the courage to go in. | 我花了好几个星期才有勇气走进去 |
[32:15] | And once I did, | 一旦我真的做了 |
[32:17] | once I was actually close to her, | 一旦我真的接近了她 |
[32:20] | she was even more beautiful, more special. | 我觉得她更漂亮了,更特别了 |
[32:23] | And I never knew what to do, and I never knew what to say. | 我不知道该做什么 我不知道该说什么 |
[32:27] | I just kept adopting cats. | 我只是不断地收养小猫 |
[32:30] | It was the one thing that worked. | 那是唯一管用的事情 |
[32:33] | Whenever I did it, she’d be mine for a half hour. | 每次我这样做的时候 她就能属于我半个小时 |
[32:36] | Asong as it took to fill out the paperwork, she’d be mi. | 在那段不停地文书工作阶段 她是属于我的 |
[32:40] | But that still doesn’t explain… | 但那还是无法解释… |
[32:41] | Doesn’t it? | 没有吗? |
[32:44] | I showed her to him– | 我给他看了她– |
[32:46] | right here, a little more than a year ago. | 就在那里,就在一年多以前 |
[32:50] | I thought if he saw her, he could understand why she was | 我以为如果他看见了她,他就能 明白为什么她会是我 |
[32:54] | the only thing I ever talked about. | 唯一谈论的事情 |
[32:56] | I guess he understood more than I knew. | 我猜他明白的比我知道的多得多 |
[32:58] | I can’t believe he kept that from you, | 我不能相信他一直瞒着你 |
[33:02] | knowing what you were planning to do. | 明知道你的计划是什么 |
[33:03] | But it was his plan, Mrs. Dubois. | 但这就是他的计划,Dubios夫人 |
[33:06] | It was his idea. | 这就是他的主意 |
[33:07] | The million-dollar insurance policy, the staged mugging– | 一百万的保险金 准备好的恶棍抢劫– |
[33:10] | it was all his idea. | 这就是他的主意 |
[33:11] | He just talked me into it. | 他说动了我 |
[33:12] | This doesn’t make sense. | 但这还是说不通啊 |
[33:16] | How can anyone possibly talk you into letting them kill you? | 怎么会有人能说动你 让他们杀了你呢? |
[33:21] | I’d been threatening to do it to myself for years. | 我自己已经这么想了好几年了 |
[33:25] | Suddenly, it all made sense. | 突然,这变得很重要 |
[33:28] | I could put myself out of the pain I was in | 我可以脱离痛苦 |
[33:30] | and give her this remarkable gift. | 还能给她带来这非凡的礼物 |
[33:33] | I would matter to her. | 我可以为她做些事情 |
[33:38] | And little did you know, | 但你所不知道的是 |
[33:40] | all that money wouldn’t just be going to Cadence. | 所有这些钱不会都只属于Cadence |
[33:42] | It would eventually find its way to her new husband, | 它们最终会落入她的新丈夫手中 |
[33:45] | your best friend, Nick. | 就是你最好的朋友,Nick |
[33:48] | I’m really depressed. | 我真的很沮丧 |
[33:52] | I haven’t felt this suicidal since… | 我还没有意识到这是次自杀在我还… |
[33:55] | since I was alive. | 在我还活着的时候 |
[33:58] | Well, maybe there’s something we can do about that. | 或许还是有些我们可以做的事情 |
[34:08] | Where is she? | 她在哪? |
[34:09] | Ms. Bixby is waiting for you in the conference room. | Bixby小姐正在会议室等您 |
[34:12] | I believe you know the way. | 我相信你知道路 |
[34:27] | Cade… | |
[34:30] | I don’t know what these people | 我不知道这些人 |
[34:31] | have been filling your head with, | 给你的脑袋中灌输了些什么 |
[34:32] | but I’m here to tell you it’s not true. | 但我在这里要告诉你的是 这都不是真的 |
[34:36] | I called a lawyer; he’s on his way. | 我打电话给了律师,他已经在路上了 |
[34:38] | But I don’t understand. | 但我不明白 |
[34:41] | Why would you do that, Nick? | 你为什么会那么做,Nick? |
[34:44] | If everything they told me wasn’t true, | 如果他们告诉我的一切都不是真的 |
[34:46] | why would you even need a lawyer? | 你为什么会需要一个律师呢? |
[34:48] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[34:50] | Let’s talk about this outside. | 我们到外面再去谈 |
[34:51] | What’s wrong with right here? | 在这里谈有什么问题吗? |
[34:53] | We don’t have anything to hide. | 我们没有什么好隐瞒的 |
[34:56] | Do we? | 是吗? |
[34:58] | Cadence was just telling us how odd she found it | Cadence刚告诉我们她发现了一件 很奇怪的事情 |
[35:00] | that it wasn’t until Morgan passed away | 直到Morgan过世之后 |
[35:02] | that you even mentioned that he was your friend. | 你才提到他曾是你的朋友 |
[35:05] | Darling… | 亲爱的… |
[35:07] | I explained that already. | 我已经解释过了 |
[35:09] | He and I weren’t getting along. | 他和我并不是很好 |
[35:11] | We weren’t speaking, that’s all. | 我们都不说话,就这样 |
[35:13] | I loved him, | 我很爱他 |
[35:14] | but he was a depressed, moody guy. | 但他就是个很沮丧,很忧郁的家伙 |
[35:17] | If I’d known you two had already met through the shelter, | 如果我知道你们两个已经通过 庇护所而相互认识了 |
[35:19] | don’t you think I would’ve told you? | 你觉得我难道不会告诉你吗? |
[35:21] | I wish you had. | 我希望你会 |
[35:23] | Because considering the amount of money | 因为考虑到他计划要留给 |
[35:25] | he was planning on leaving me, it would’ve been nice | 我的钱的数目,如果能 |
[35:28] | to get to know him a little better. | 更了解他一点会很好的 |
[35:31] | Maybe even have him over for dinner. | 或许可以叫他来吃顿晚餐 |
[35:33] | Now, that would have been a fascinating dinner. | 那可会是一次迷人的晚餐 |
[35:36] | You, your best friend, | 你,你的最好的朋友 |
[35:38] | and the woman you were seeing behind his back. | 和你在他背后约会的女人 |
[35:41] | Might have made it more difficult | 或许那样的话,说服他 |
[35:42] | convincing him to let you shoot him, though. | 让你开枪射他就有些困难了 |
[35:43] | Look, Morgan was killed by a stranger, | 听着,Morgan是被个陌生人杀死的 |
[35:47] | a mugger. | 一个恶棍 |
[35:49] | I know you’re under a lot of pressure. | 我知道你们的压力很大 |
[35:51] | I’m sorry you’re having trouble finding the person who did this. | 我很抱歉你们在找做这个的人 的事情上遇到的困难 |
[35:54] | But if you think I’m gonna stand here | 但如果你们觉得我会站在这里 |
[35:56] | and let you accuse me of… | 让你们指控我… |
[35:58] | of hurting my friend… | 伤害了我的朋友… |
[35:59] | Funny thing about muggings, Mr. Lewin– | 对于抢劫有意思的地方在于 Lewin先生– |
[36:02] | the money that gets stolen | 被偷去的钱 |
[36:03] | often doesn’t stay with the mugger very long. | 通常在抢劫者手里都不会待太长的时间 |
[36:05] | It gets spent. | 会被花掉 |
[36:07] | Which is unfortunate, because it frequently contains evidence | 那是很不幸的,因为通常里面都会包含 |
[36:10] | that connects the mugger to the crime. | 和那个犯罪的抢劫犯有关的证据 |
[36:12] | SCANLON: At the very least, | 至少 |
[36:14] | you might find the perpetrator’s fingerprints. | 你或许可以找到那个犯罪者的指纹 |
[36:16] | At most, if it was a violent mugging, there could be | 多一点的话,如果是暴力抢劫,或许 |
[36:19] | microscopic amounts of blood spatter from the victim. | 还会有微量的受害人血液溅落在上面 |
[36:21] | Can’t get much more violent than a bullet to the brain, | 不会比一枪射中脑袋 更暴力的事了 |
[36:23] | can you, Mr. Lewin? | 是不是,Lewin先生? |
[36:24] | You know, | 你们知道 |
[36:27] | I wish you could find the money. | 我希望你们能找到那个钱 |
[36:29] | You know why? | 你们知道为什么吗? |
[36:31] | Because I know if it had that evidence on it, | 因为我知道如果上面有证据的话 |
[36:33] | that blood you’re talking about, | 就是你们说的血液 |
[36:35] | it would absolutely prove my innocence. | 那就会绝对证明我的清白 |
[36:37] | Unfortunately, for both of us, | 对我们大家来说,不幸的是 |
[36:39] | you’re probably right. | 你们或许说对了 |
[36:41] | It probably was spent. | 可能钱被花了 |
[36:42] | Which means it could be anywhere by now. | 那就表示现在可能在任何地方 |
[36:44] | Well, maybe not anywhere. | 或许并不在任何地方 |
[36:46] | Turns out the $500 | 我们发现 |
[36:48] | Mr. Turley withdrew from that ATM was spent | Turley先生从自动取款机 取出的500美元在他被杀害的 |
[36:51] | at a pawn shop downtown the very same night he was murdered. | 同一天晚上被花在了市区 的一家典当行里 |
[36:54] | The owner said he only made one sale that night– a ring. | 店主说他那晚只做了一笔生意 一个戒指 |
[36:58] | A modest engagement ring. | 一个老式的订婚戒指 |
[37:02] | That couldn’t possibly be this ring, right? | 不可能会是这个戒指,是不是? |
[37:06] | You said this belonged | 你说这是属于 |
[37:07] | to yourlate mother | 你去世的妈妈的 |
[37:10] | That’s right, it did. | 是的,就是 |
[37:11] | Well, that’s peculiar, | 那就奇怪了 |
[37:13] | because when we showed your picture to the owner, | 因为当我们把你的照片给店主看时 |
[37:15] | he identified you as the only customer he had that evening. | 他确定你就是那晚他的唯一一个客户 |
[37:17] | He even let a few of | 他甚至让我们的一些技术人员 |
[37:19] | our lab techs take a look at the money | 对那个登记过的钱 |
[37:21] | that was still in the cash register. | 做了一些测试 |
[37:22] | We found the evidence we were looking for | 我们在这张20美元的钱上 |
[37:24] | on this 20, Mr. Lewin. | 找到了我们寻找的证据,Lewin先生 |
[37:26] | Morgan’s blood, your fingerprints. | Morgan的血液,你的指纹 |
[37:28] | Mr. Lewin, you’re under arrest for the murder of Morgan Turley. | Lewin先生,你因为谋杀了 Morgan Turley而被捕 |
[37:31] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权利保持沉默 |
[37:33] | Anything you say can and will be used | 但你所说的一切 |
[37:35] | against you in a court of law. | 在法庭上会作为陈堂证供 |
[37:36] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[37:37] | You have the right to counsel… | 你有权利请律师… |
[37:38] | I didn’t tell anyone I went to that shop. | 我没有告诉过任何人 我去过那家店 |
[37:41] | How could you possibly…? | 你们怎么可能…? |
[37:42] | We received a tip | 我们在昨晚晚些时候 |
[37:43] | late last night that pretty much gave us everything we needed. | 收到一个提示非常确定给了 我们所需要的 |
[37:46] | From who? | 从谁那里? |
[37:48] | From someone who knows | 从某个知道 |
[37:49] | what it means to be a friend. | 什么才叫做朋友的人那里 |
[37:51] | From someone who knows what it means to be loyal. | 从某个知道什么才叫做 忠诚的人那里 |
[38:30] | You did the right thing, you know. | 你做了件很对的事情,你知道的 |
[38:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:34] | I just… | 我只是… |
[38:36] | I hate to see her so sad. | 我讨厌看见她如此悲伤 |
[38:38] | Plus, now the insurance company’s | 此外,现在保险公司 |
[38:40] | gonna make her give back the money. | 会让她还回那些钱 |
[38:44] | I really did a horrible thing. | 我真的是做了件很糟糕的事情 |
[38:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:48] | This Cadence girl– least as far as I can tell– | 这个Cadence女孩– 至少我能说– |
[38:51] | she doesn’t strike me as the kind | 她不是我认为的那种 |
[38:53] | who gets too hung up on money. | 死钻钱眼里的女孩 |
[38:56] | I mean, I’m sure she’s gonna miss it, | 我是说,我确信她会想念这一切的 |
[38:59] | but I have a feeling that what she’ll always remember | 但我有感觉她会永远记住 |
[39:03] | is that once upon a time, | 从前 |
[39:05] | there was a man who cared so deeply about her, | 有那么一个男人是如此关心着她 |
[39:08] | he was actually willing to give up everything | 他真对愿意为了她 |
[39:10] | for her. | 而放弃一切 |
[39:14] | I think that’s a pretty good thing. | 我觉得那是件很好的事情 |
[39:16] | It ain’t a million bucks. | 这并不是那一百万美元 |
[39:19] | But I think that’s a pretty good thing. | 但我觉得这是件很好的事情 |
[39:22] | Now, come on. | 现在,来吧 |
[39:24] | I’m getting a little sick of this view. | 我看这个已经看得有点恶心了 |
[39:29] | What say we both move | 要不我们一起继续 |
[39:32] | onward and upward, if you know what I mean? | 往前继续前进 如果你明白我的意思的话? |
[39:36] | You know, Vincent, I’m really glad we met. | 你知道嘛,Vincent,我很高兴我们 能碰见彼此 |
[39:40] | You’re a true pal. | 你是个真正的朋友 |
[39:43] | Likewise, Morgy. | 和你一样,Morgy |
[39:44] | Likewise. | 和你一样 |
[40:09] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[40:11] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[40:12] | I’m better than okay. | 我好的不得了 |
[40:14] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[40:16] | I’m great. | 我非常好 |
[40:19] | And I’m so happy I’m not going through this alone. | 我实在太高兴了,不用一个人来 经历这些事情 |
[40:25] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我完全不知道你在说什么 |
[40:31] | That’s okay, pal. | 没关系,朋友 |