时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | ??? | Allison,Al,该起床了 |
[00:04] | ????? | 嘿,小懒蛋 |
[00:06] | You slept through the alarm. | 你睡得很惊恐 |
[00:08] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗? |
[00:09] | Middle of the night,you woke me up | 半夜,你把我叫起来 |
[00:11] | and told me you were feeling a little stiff. | 告诉我你觉得有点僵硬 |
[00:14] | ????? | 你为什么这么看着我 |
[00:16] | ???????? | 我不知道 |
[00:17] | ??????????????? | 事情好像不太一样 |
[00:21] | You seem different. | 你看起来不太一样 |
[00:23] | Different? | 不一样? |
[00:24] | What do you mean different? | 你说的不一样是什么意思? |
[00:26] | Look at your face. | 看看你的脸 |
[00:27] | Look at my arms! | 看看我的胳膊! |
[00:29] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[00:31] | Oh,my God! | 哦,我的上帝! |
[00:32] | I think we’re dolls! | 我觉得我们变成玩偶了! |
[00:34] | We’re in the middle of a family crisis. | 我们的家正面临危及存亡 |
[00:36] | I need everyone to pull together. | 我要每个人一起把这件事解决 |
[00:38] | What is it,Mom? | 什么事,妈妈? |
[00:39] | What’s the big deal? | 出什么大事了吗? |
[00:40] | Honey,I really think you’re overreacting here. | 亲爱的,我真的觉得你有点反应过度了 |
[00:43] | Overreacting?! | 反应过度?! |
[00:45] | We’re dolls! | 我们变成玩偶了! |
[00:47] | All of us! | 我们全部都是! |
[00:48] | Al,honestly,everything is as it’s always been. | Al,老实说,这里的一切还很以前一样啊 |
[00:51] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我真的不知道你在说什么 |
[00:53] | I’m talking about the fact that you’re six inches tall | 我在说你们都变成了6英寸高的小人 |
[00:57] | and your face is made of plastic! | 而你们的脸都变成塑料做的了! |
[00:59] | I’m talking about the fact | 我在说 |
[01:01] | that if I stripped off all those doll clothes you’re wearing | 如果我把那些你穿着的 玩偶衣服都脱掉的话 |
[01:04] | I’d find a smooth little nub | 我将会发现你的小弟弟部分 |
[01:06] | where your boy parts are supposed to be. | 就只有那么一点点了 |
[01:08] | Dad,what’s wrong with Mom? | 爸爸,妈妈出什么事了? |
[01:10] | She’s just a little… | 她只是有点… |
[01:12] | Nothing! | 没事! |
[01:13] | What is wrong with all of you?! | 你们都出什么问题了?! |
[01:15] | You act like this is normal. | 你们搞的这很正常一样 |
[01:16] | We’re human beings! | 我们可是人类! |
[01:19] | We always have been! | 我们一直都是! |
[01:21] | We dont live in a dollhouse! | 我们可不是住在一个玩偶屋里! |
[01:23] | Shh! | 嘘! |
[01:24] | Mommy,you better be quiet. | 妈妈,你最好安静一些 |
[01:26] | If you make too much noise,he’ll hear you. | 如果你太吵的话,他会听见的 |
[01:30] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[01:31] | Who’ll hear me? | 谁会听见我? |
[01:32] | Who’s “he”? | 他是谁? |
[01:34] | You know who “he” is. | 你知道他是谁 |
[01:39] | Ariel! | |
[01:41] | Joe,we have to do something! | Joe,我们必须做点什么! |
[01:43] | Mommy! | 妈妈! |
[01:44] | Bridgette! | |
[01:45] | Joe! | |
[01:48] | We have to hide,sweetie. | 我们必须躲起来,亲爱的 |
[01:50] | No! | 不! |
[01:51] | Please! | 不要! |
[01:53] | No,please! | 不,求你! |
[01:54] | Don’t hurt my family! | 不要伤害我的家人! |
[01:58] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[02:00] | You slept through the alarm. | 你睡得很惊恐 |
[02:03] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗? |
[02:05] | Middle of the night,you woke me up, | 半夜里,你把我叫醒 |
[02:07] | told me you were feeling a little stiff. | 告诉我你觉得有些僵硬 |
[02:11] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 你为什么这么看着我? |
[02:15] | You have,uh… | 你有,呃… |
[02:17] | toilet paper all over your face. | 卫生纸沾得你满脸都是 |
[02:19] | I cut myself. | 我自己划破了自己 |
[02:21] | We’re all out of shaving cream. | 我们的剃须泡都用完了 |
[02:22] | I was trying to make do. | 我刚试着不用它来剃须 |
[02:24] | Ah,poor baby. | 啊,可怜的孩子 |
[02:25] | I’ll get you some. | 我去帮你买一点 |
[02:26] | I was gonna go by the drugstore this morning anyway. | 反正我今天早上要去商店 |
[02:29] | Thanks | 谢谢 |
[02:31] | You’re a doll. | 你真是个洋娃娃 |
[03:18] | of your | “殿下,这里有些你从前给我之记念品” |
[03:20] | “that I have longed long to redeliver, | “我一直想还给你 |
[03:22] | and I pray now that you receive them. “ | 希望你把它们收下” |
[03:24] | “No,not I. I never gave you aught. “ | “不,才不,我从来没给过你任何东西” |
[03:26] | “My honored lord,you know right well you did. “ | “尊贵的殿下,你知道你曾经有过” |
[03:29] | This play is stupid. | 这出剧真愚蠢 |
[03:32] | And how am I supposed to learn this for class | 如果Bridgette一直在挠 Marie痒痒的话 |
[03:35] | if Bridgette keeps tickling Marie? | 我要怎么才能好好学习啊? |
[03:36] | Hey,Bridge,Ariel’s trying to concentrate. | 嘿,Bridge,Ariel正要集中注意力呢 |
[03:39] | Stop tickling your sister. | 不要再挠你的妹妹了 |
[03:40] | I’m not tickling her. | 我没有在挠她痒痒 |
[03:41] | I’m checking to see if she has chicken pox. | 我在检查看看她是否长了水痘 |
[03:45] | Why would you be doing that? | 你为什么会那么做? |
[03:46] | Well,I had this dream last night | 嗯,我昨晚做了个梦 |
[03:48] | that Marie was all covered in chickenpox. | 梦见Marie全身都长满了水痘 |
[03:51] | But it looks like she’s okay. | 但看起来她没事 |
[03:52] | Dad… | 爸爸… |
[03:57] | Hi,sweetie. | 嗨,亲爱的 |
[03:58] | You feeling okay? | 你感觉还好吗? |
[04:00] | I cannot get chicken pox,not now. | 我现在可不能长水痘 |
[04:02] | I’ve managed to get through | 我已经在这个 |
[04:03] | almost four decades on this planet | 星球上住了将近40个年头 |
[04:04] | without getting chicken pox. | 没有得过水痘 |
[04:06] | I dodged the bullet when Ariel and Bridgette had it. | 在Airel和Bridgette得的时候我躲过了 |
[04:08] | And right now,this month,I’m looking at | 而现在,这个月,我要面对的 |
[04:10] | an uninterrupted string of 14-hour days… | 是每天14个小时不间断的工作… |
[04:13] | so that we can make our deadline on the Haspel project. | 那样才能赶上Haspel项目的最终期限 |
[04:15] | I just don’t feel like calling my boss and telling him | 我是不想打电话给我的老板告诉他 |
[04:18] | I can’t pitch in because I came down with a disease | 我无法努力投入工作因为 我被一种病菌击倒 |
[04:21] | that’s usually associated with kindergartners. | 那一般都会和软弱联系在一起 |
[04:24] | What is so funny? | 有什么搞笑的? |
[04:25] | Joe,Joe,you silly scientist,you. | Joe,Joe,你个愚蠢的科学家,你 |
[04:28] | You’re worried about nothing,literally. | 你真是在瞎担心 |
[04:31] | There’s a vaccine for chicken pox now. | 现在已经有预防水痘的疫苗了 |
[04:34] | Marie had it almost six months ago. | Marie在6个月前已经注射过了 |
[04:36] | There’s a vaccine? | 有疫苗? |
[04:37] | Marie had it? | Marie注射过了? |
[04:39] | Same time she got her measles shot. | 同时她也打了麻疹疫苗 |
[04:41] | Uh-huh. | 呃哈 |
[04:42] | Huh. | 哈 |
[04:43] | Oh,wait a second. Wait. | 哦.等一会儿,等等 |
[04:46] | Actually,I think I do see some marks. | 实际上,我觉得我是看到一些印记 |
[04:50] | Some red spots. | 一些红点 |
[04:52] | Toilet paperus poxus. | 卫生纸痘痘 |
[04:56] | Healed. | 治好了 |
[04:57] | Funny. | 很搞笑 |
[05:22] | No! | 不! |
[05:23] | Please! No! | 求你!不要! |
[05:30] | Excuse me. | 打搅一下 |
[05:33] | Where are your parents? | 你父母在哪? |
[05:39] | I’m so cold,Daddy! | 我很冷,爸爸! |
[05:41] | I want to get out! | 我要出去! |
[05:44] | Oliver,don’t complain. | Oliver,不要抱怨 |
[05:46] | This is for your own good. | 这是为了你自己好 |
[05:48] | We don’t complain about things that are good for us,right? | 如果对我们好的话 我们是不能抱怨的,是不是? |
[05:55] | Oliver. | |
[05:56] | Oliver. Son,I’m ready to go. | Oliver.儿子,我准备好走了 |
[05:59] | Why are you just standing there? | 你为什么站在那里? |
[06:01] | Come on. Come here. | 来吧,过来 |
[06:05] | Kids. | 小孩子啊 |
[06:06] | They didn’t have it. | 他们这里没有 |
[06:07] | We got to go somewhere else. | 我们要去其他地方 |
[06:29] | You look good,Daddy. | 你看起来很不错,爸爸 |
[06:38] | I know you’ve been sick,but it doesn’t really show. | 我知道你生病了,但倒是没有显示出来 |
[06:41] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[06:43] | you lost some weight and you look good. | 你减了一些体重,看起来还不错 |
[06:46] | That’s not why you’re here. | 那不是你在这里的原因 |
[06:49] | You want the truth? | 你想知道事实吗? |
[06:50] | You want the awful truth? | 你想知道可怕的事实吗? |
[06:54] | It had nothing to do with you. | 这和你没有任何关系 |
[06:56] | And it’s killing Mom that you take this on every year, | 你每年都提起这件事情 快把妈妈弄死了 |
[07:00] | that you wear it like… | 你躲在… |
[07:02] | like a coat of shame. | 一件耻辱的外套中 |
[07:05] | All she wants to do is talk and cry and laugh | 她所想要的就是大声说话,哭泣和欢笑 |
[07:07] | and look at pictures,and all you want to do | 考虑一下以后的前景 而你所要的却是 |
[07:11] | is climb into your own darkness by yourself. | 爬进你自己创建的黑暗之中 |
[07:15] | Two years of college… | 2年的大学生活… |
[07:17] | now you know everything. | 现在你一切都知道了 |
[07:19] | 20 years of you. | 你的20年 |
[07:21] | And,yeah,I do know everything. | 是的,我确实什么都知道了 |
[07:23] | I’m sorry to interrupt,sir, | 我很抱歉打断你,先生 |
[07:25] | but if you don’t leave now, | 但如果你现在不走的话 |
[07:27] | you’re going to be late for court. | 你去法庭就要迟到了 |
[07:35] | What did your boss say? | 你老板说什么了? |
[07:37] | I told you. | 我跟你说了 |
[07:38] | I couldn’t get to him. | 我找不到他 |
[07:39] | He was behind closed doors | 他一直把自己关在门后 |
[07:41] | and then he was in court all day. | 然后他一整天都泡在法院里 |
[07:42] | Had Scanlon run the plates. | 让Scanlon处理一切事务 |
[07:45] | There was nothing there. | 什么都没有 |
[07:46] | I assume he has a name,though. | 我假定,起码他有名字吧 |
[07:49] | Michael Levitt. | |
[07:50] | Never been arrested. | 从来没有被逮捕过 |
[07:52] | Child Protective Services has never been called to his house. | 儿童保护服务组也从没有 打电话去过他家 |
[07:54] | Are you even listening to me? | 你在听我说话吗? |
[07:55] | I knew it. Look at this. | 我就知道,看看这个 |
[07:57] | I knew I’d read this somewhere. What? | – 我就知道我在哪里看到过这个 – 什么东西? |
[07:59] | Even if you’ve been… even if you’ve been vaccinated, | 即使你已经…即使你已经接受过预防接种 |
[08:01] | there’s still a one-in-ten chance of getting chicken pox. | 还是会有十分之一的机会感染上水痘 |
[08:03] | And if you get it,you’re contagious. | 如果你感染上,你就会有传染性 |
[08:05] | Who’s the silly scientist now? | 现在谁是愚蠢的科学家了? |
[08:06] | Well,congratulations. | 哦,恭喜 |
[08:07] | So what are we gonna do,put Marie in quarantine | 那我们现在要怎么做 把Marie放到隔离区去 |
[08:09] | until your project’s over? | 直到你的项目结束吗? |
[08:11] | Is there a reasonably priced facility nearby? | 附近有什么价钱合理的机构吗? |
[08:23] | You okay over there? | 你还好吗? |
[08:25] | I need to visit Arianna next week. | 我下个星期要去看看Arianna |
[08:28] | I need to. | 我必须去 |
[08:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:39] | I don’t know if I can make that work. | 我不知道我是否可以去 |
[08:41] | I have court. | 我要上法庭 |
[08:42] | There are motions pending. | 还有很多未决的诉讼请求 |
[08:43] | You’re her father. | 你是她的父亲 |
[08:46] | Don’t you want to see her? | 你不想去看看她吗? |
[08:49] | Don’t you need to be near her? | 你不需要接近她一下吗? |
[08:55] | Well,I do. | 好吧,我明白了 |
[09:01] | It’s been six years. | 已经6年了 |
[09:04] | I want to go visit my daughter’s grave. | 我想要去看看我们女儿的坟墓 |
[09:10] | Shh! He’ll hear you. | 嘘!他会听见你的 |
[09:17] | Shh! | 嘘! |
[09:22] | Oliver… | |
[09:24] | you were supposed to be asleep an hour ago. | 你在一个小时之前就应该睡着了 |
[09:28] | You know the rules about bedtime. | 你直到睡觉时间的规定 |
[09:31] | And you know what happens when you break them. | 你也直到如果你不守规定会怎么样 |
[09:34] | You get one minute. | 你还有一分钟时间 |
[09:35] | No,Daddy. | 不,爸爸 |
[09:36] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:37] | I wasn’t tired. | 我不累 |
[09:39] | Then you lay there until you get tired. | 那你就躺到那里,直到你累了为止 |
[09:41] | You don’t sit up talking to Maggie. | 你不能坐起来跟Maggie说话 |
[09:43] | Now,give her to me. | 现在,把她给我 |
[09:44] | But I like her. | 但我喜欢她 |
[09:46] | It’s a girl’s toy,Oliver. | 这是个女孩的玩具,Oliver |
[09:48] | Now,give her to me. | 现在,把她给我 |
[10:04] | Hello. | 哈�� |
[10:05] | Allison,it’s Lee Scanlon. | Allison,我是Lee Scanlon |
[10:06] | Sorry to wake you. | 很抱歉吵醒你 |
[10:07] | No,no. | 不,不 |
[10:09] | I’m glad you called,actually. | 实际上,我很高兴你打电话过来 |
[10:11] | I wanted to talk to you about the man | 我想要跟你谈谈那个 |
[10:12] | we were checking into yesterday – Michael Levitt. | 我们昨天检查过的男人 – Michael Levitt |
[10:15] | Funny. That’s who I’m calling about. | 有意思,那就是我打电话要给你讲的人 |
[10:16] | Oh,no. | 哦,不 |
[10:20] | Am I too late? | 我太晚了吗? |
[10:21] | What is it? What happened? | 怎么回事?发生了什么事? |
[10:23] | Is the little boy all right? | 那个小男孩还好吗? |
[10:24] | Well,if you call losing your father to a tragic accident | 呃,如果你把失去你的 父亲称为是个悲惨的意外事故的话 |
[10:36] | …. | 在天亮之前某个时候 |
[10:38] | sometime before dawn. | 有xxx在屋顶上 |
[10:42] | She couldn’t get back down and she was crying. | 她不肯下来,一直在哭 |
[10:44] | It was about 6:00 in the morning. | 这大概是早上6点的时候 |
[10:47] | Michael was trying to get her down… | Michael正在试图让她下来… |
[10:49] | …when he fell off the ladder. | …然后就从梯子上摔了下来 |
[10:55] | Uh,Ms. Levitt,this is Allison Dubois. | 呃,Levitt夫人,这位是Allison Dubois |
[10:58] | She’s here as a representative | 她到这里是作为 |
[10:59] | of the District Attorney’s office. | 地检官办公室的代表来的 |
[11:00] | Allison,this is Sarah Jane Levitt. | Allison,这位是Sarah Jane Levitt |
[11:02] | This is the woman who made the 911 call this morning. | 就是这位女士今天早上打电话给911的 |
[11:05] | I’m so sorry for your loss. | 对于您的失去我感到很遗憾 |
[11:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:11] | I was,um,back in the kitchen | 我当时,嗯,在后面的厨房 |
[11:13] | making coffee when I heard… the scream. | 烧咖啡,然后我就听到了…尖叫 |
[11:18] | I ran out to the patio,and he was just lying there. | 我跑到院子里,就看见他躺在了那里 |
[11:28] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:31] | What about your son? | 你的儿子怎么样? |
[11:33] | Is there any chance he might have witnessed it? | 有没有什么可能他或许会看到这一切? |
[11:35] | Oliver’s not my son. | Oliver不是我的儿子 |
[11:37] | He’s,he’s my nephew. | 他是,他是我的侄子 |
[11:40] | I’m just visiting here | 我只是到这里来 |
[11:41] | for a few days. | 住几天的 |
[11:44] | Oliver… | |
[11:47] | didn’t see anything,thank God. | 什么也没有看见,感谢上帝 |
[11:49] | He was asleep in his room when it happened. | 这一切发生的时候他还在房间里面熟睡 |
[11:53] | He doesn’t even know his father’s gone yet. | 他甚至都不知道他的父亲已经死了 |
[11:56] | I told him to wait in the playroom… | 我告诉他在娱乐室里面等着 |
[11:58] | Shh! Quiet. | 嘘!安静 |
[11:59] | …until,uh,we’re done here. | …直到,呃,我们把一切都搞定 |
[12:02] | Shh! I’m not looking forward to telling him. | 嘘!我可不期望告诉他 |
[12:05] | Shh! He’ll hear you. | 嘘!他会听见你的 |
[12:08] | Forgive me. | 原谅我一下 |
[12:10] | Is there a restroom I could use? | 我可以用一下这里的休息室吗? |
[12:12] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[12:14] | Now we can play with each other. | 现在我们就可以互相玩了 |
[12:16] | Now there’s no one to get mad at us,Oliver. | 现在没人再会对此很愤怒了,Oliver |
[12:19] | But I don’t feel like playing right now. | 但我现在不想玩 |
[12:25] | Oliver? | |
[12:26] | Are you alone? | 你一个人吗? |
[12:32] | I thought I heard talking. | 我想我听见有人说话 |
[12:35] | Voices. | 人声 |
[12:38] | Are you all by yourself? | 你一直一个人待着吗? |
[12:40] | My dad’s dead,isn’t he? | 我爸爸死了,是不是? |
[12:43] | My aunt Sarah Jane told me he had an accident, | 我阿姨Sarah Jane跟我说他出了意外 |
[12:47] | but I think he’s dead. | 但我想他是死了 |
[12:48] | Oliver? | |
[12:51] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:53] | Again. | 又见面了 |
[12:55] | Um… I take it you found what you needed. | 嗯…我还以为你找到你所需要的了呢 |
[12:59] | Yeah,I’m sorry. I just heard Oliver. | 是啊,对不起,我只是听见Oliver |
[13:01] | I poked my head in to make sure he was all right. | 我探头进来看看他是否安好 |
[13:03] | I’m,um- I’m all finished | 我,嗯-我已经结束了 |
[13:05] | with the,with the police and the ambulance people now, | 和警察以及救护人员的工作 |
[13:08] | so come on,sweetie. | 所以,来吧,亲爱的 |
[13:10] | Ooh! | 哦! |
[13:13] | Let’s show this nice lady out, | 让我们送这位和蔼的女士出去 |
[13:14] | and then we’ll go down to the kitchen | 然后我们下去厨房 |
[13:16] | and then we’ll be able to talk a little bit. | 然后我们可以好好说一会儿话 |
[13:18] | Okay? Okay. | – 好吗? – 好的 |
[13:20] | Lily. | |
[13:22] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[13:23] | Made it all the way to work | 好不容易去了上班的地方 |
[13:25] | and I realized I forgot my damn pills again. | 我才意识到又忘记拿我该死的药丸了 |
[13:27] | Here they are. | 在这里 |
[13:28] | You must be Manuel. | 你一定就是Manuel |
[13:31] | I’ve heard a great deal about you. | 我听说过你很多大事 |
[13:35] | I’m sorry. You,you are…? | 不好意思,你,你是…? |
[13:37] | Franklin,will this do? | Franklin,这可以吗? |
[13:42] | Manny. | |
[13:43] | Dr. Franklin Gates. | 我是Franklin Gates博士 |
[13:45] | I’m with the University of New Mexico. | 我是新墨西哥大学的 |
[13:48] | I’m Manuel Devalos and this is my wife Lily, | 我是Manuel Devalos,这位是 我的妻子Lily |
[13:50] | but then,you seem to know that. | 但,你好像都已经知道了 |
[13:52] | I’m so sorry,Manny. | 我很抱歉,Manny |
[13:54] | I didn’t want it to go like this. | 我并不想这样的 |
[13:55] | It’s all right,Lily. | 没关系,Lily |
[13:56] | Everything happens for a reason. | 每件事情发生都是有原因的 |
[13:59] | Even forgetting one’s pills | 即使忘记药丸 |
[14:00] | may not necessarily be the random event | 或许也不一定是偶然 |
[14:02] | it appears. Okay. | – 才发生的事件 – 好吧 |
[14:04] | Forgive me,I don’t mean to be rude, | 请原谅我,我不想冒犯你 |
[14:06] | but I’m still unclear as just to who you are | 但我还是不明白你是谁 |
[14:09] | and what you’re doing in my home. | 你在我家在干什么 |
[14:10] | I gather you’re a doctor of some sort. | 我推断你是某种博士 |
[14:12] | Exactly who and what are you here to treat? | 但你在这里到底是要治疗谁? |
[14:14] | I’m a doctor of philosophy. | 我是哲学博士 |
[14:17] | I also have some experience working as a conduit | 我也有一些作为死者和 |
[14:20] | between the living and the dead. | 生者之间交流的经验 |
[14:21] | Your wife contacted me | 你的妻子联系到我 |
[14:22] | and asked if I might be interested | 问我是否对帮助她 |
[14:26] | in helping her communicate | 和你的女儿 |
[14:27] | with your daughter. | 交流感兴趣 |
[14:29] | Manuel. | |
[14:31] | I beg of you. | 算我求你 |
[14:32] | I know how silly this sounds, | 我知道这听起来有多愚蠢 |
[14:33] | and I know how much it pains you to even think about it, | 我也知道你就算想想这个就有多么痛苦 |
[14:36] | but… | 但是… |
[14:39] | I must say,our other sessions have been quite remarkable. | 我必须说,我们其他的讨论 都曾经非常神奇 |
[14:47] | We were just putting together a few things | 我们就把一些 |
[14:49] | that Lily felt were special to your daughter. | Lily觉得对您的女儿来说 觉得特别的东西放在一起 |
[14:57] | White zinnias. | 白色的鱼尾菊 |
[14:59] | Franklin brought them. | Franklin把它们带来的 |
[15:01] | Wasn’t that thoughtful? | 是不是很体贴? |
[15:04] | I told him they were her favorites. | 我告诉了他它们是她的最爱 |
[15:10] | They’re not real. | 它们不是真的花 |
[15:14] | Of course not.It’s too early for zinnias. | 当然不是,现在还没有到鱼尾菊开花的时候 |
[15:18] | She’s here… | 她在这里… |
[15:21] | and she’d really like you to stay. | 她会很高兴你待在这里的 |
[15:23] | Are you referring to my daughter? | 你在跟我的女儿交流吗? |
[15:27] | Of course I am. | 当然是 |
[15:30] | Please. | 拜托 |
[15:34] | How much do you charge for this… | 你对于这种… |
[15:36] | sort of… blasphemy? | 这种…亵渎收费多少? |
[15:39] | Excuse me? | 不好意思? |
[15:40] | What’s your fee schedule? | 你的收费是怎么样的? |
[15:42] | I don’t charge a fee. | 我不收费 |
[15:45] | You do this out of the kindness of your heart? | 你做这一切都是处于你内心的仁爱吗? |
[15:47] | Your wife has agreed to an honorarium. | 你的妻子同意给我一定的酬劳 |
[15:50] | $300 an hour,although that’s half what I usually… | 1个小时300元,尽管这只是我平时的一半… |
[15:55] | Lily,honey,this man is as phony as these flowers. | Lily,亲爱的,这个男人就和这些 花一样都是假冒的 |
[15:58] | Manny… | |
[15:59] | Lily. | |
[16:03] | Our daughter is not coming back | 我们的女儿不会回来 |
[16:05] | for a pleasant chat about the ribbon she won | 再和我们一起愉快地讨论 |
[16:07] | on Sports Night in tenth grade. | 她在十年级那年在运动之夜赢得 的那条缎带了 |
[16:10] | Our daughter died with her heart | 我们的女儿满心绝望 |
[16:12] | full of despair,sitting in a running automobile | 地死去了,就坐在一辆发动着的汽车里 |
[16:15] | in a locked garage in upstate New York | 在纽约北部的一间反锁着的车库里 |
[16:18] | on a freezing winter night. | 在一个寒冷的冬天夜晚死去了 |
[16:20] | She tried calling you… twice. | 她试图给你打了…2次电话 |
[16:25] | She tried calling me six times. | 她试图给我打了6次电话 |
[16:29] | She didn’t leave a note. | 她都没有留下任何纸条 |
[16:37] | This is beautiful. | 这真是太好了 |
[16:38] | Did my wife mention to you | 我的妻子有没有跟你说起过 |
[16:39] | that I am the District Attorney of the city of Phoenix? | 我是菲尼克斯城的地检官? |
[16:43] | She mentioned you worked in government. | 她说起过你在政府部门工作 |
[16:45] | You leave now and you lose my phone number. | 你现在马上离开,留下我的电话号码 |
[16:47] | I won’t press charges. | 我就不会提出诉讼 |
[16:49] | If you’re still standing there in 30 seconds, | 如果你在30秒里面不离开这里 |
[16:50] | the deal is off. | 这个交易就取消 |
[16:58] | I miss Daddy. | 我想爸爸 |
[17:00] | Bridge,don’t be silly. | Bridge,不要傻了 |
[17:02] | Daddy’s just working late. | 爸爸只是工作晚了 |
[17:03] | He’ll be here when you wake up tomorrow. | 你明天醒来的时候他就会在这里了 |
[17:05] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[17:06] | How about I give you two kisses to pick up the slack? | 我给你两个吻让你平静下来如何? |
[17:09] | Hmm? | 嗯? |
[17:12] | That’s one. | 一个 |
[17:15] | That’s two. | 两个 |
[17:17] | Hey,are you trying to steal | 嘿,你是在想偷掉 |
[17:18] | my kissing duties? | 我的亲吻职责吗? |
[17:20] | Man works late one night, | 男人一天回家晚了 |
[17:22] | and then when his back is turned, | 然后当他转过身来 |
[17:24] | his wife tries to steal his kissing duties. | 他的妻子正在试图偷走他的亲吻职责 |
[17:26] | Hmm… my humblest apologies. | 嗯…我为我卑鄙的想法道歉 |
[17:29] | Shan’t happen again. | 不会再发生了 |
[17:30] | Yeah,it better not. | 是啊,最好不要 |
[17:33] | Is Daddy home? | 爸爸回来了吗? |
[17:35] | He sure is. | 当然是 |
[17:36] | Lucky you woke up. | 很幸运你醒了 |
[17:37] | You almost missed your good night kiss. | 你差点错过了你的晚安吻 |
[17:42] | Hi,sweetie. | 嗨,亲爱的 |
[17:47] | What are you doing? Nothing. | – 你在干嘛? – 没事 |
[17:49] | Checking. Checking what? | – 检查 – 检查什么? |
[17:51] | Checking nothing. | 没什么 |
[17:52] | Give her a kiss. | 给她个吻 |
[17:53] | She wants a kiss. | 她想要个吻 |
[17:55] | Kiss,Daddy. | 吻我,爸爸 |
[17:56] | Aw… | 哇… |
[17:57] | Come here,little one. | 过来,亲爱的 |
[18:00] | Ugh! | 呃! |
[18:02] | You’re strangling me. | 你快扼死我了 |
[18:03] | My neck. | 我的脖子 |
[18:06] | Night,ladies. | 晚安,小姐们 |
[18:09] | Ain’t he something? | 真有什么事一样? |
[18:28] | That was hard for me,Oliver. | 这对我来说很痛苦,Oliver |
[18:33] | It’s hard for everyone when you don’t follow the rules. | 你不遵守规矩的话 对大家来说都很痛苦 |
[18:49] | There you go. | 待在这里 |
[18:58] | I’m going to try and put this behind us. | 我试图让我们都忘记这一切 |
[19:01] | I think you should do the same. | 我觉得你也应该这么做 |
[19:05] | Just stay in bed and go to sleep. | 就待在床上等着睡觉 |
[19:20] | He’ll never stop,Oliver. | 他不会停手的,Oliver |
[19:23] | You know that. | 你知道 |
[19:24] | Shh! | 嘘! |
[19:26] | I have to go to sleep. | 我必须睡觉了 |
[19:28] | You know he won’t stop. | 你知道他不会停手的 |
[19:29] | Not until he kills you… | 直到他杀死你… |
[19:31] | or you kill him. | 或你杀死他 |
[19:33] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[19:35] | I wouldn’t do that. | 我不会那么做的 |
[19:36] | I couldn’t do that. | 我不能那么做 |
[19:38] | Oh,I’ll bet you could. | 哦,我打赌你会的 |
[19:43] | Ugh. | 啊 |
[19:48] | ?????? | 如果我告诉你我不准备对地检官 说任何事,你觉得如何? |
[19:52] | About your suspicion | 关于你的那个 |
[19:54] | that a homicidal doll helped a six-year-old,65-pound boy | 一个杀人狂玩偶帮助了一个6岁 的小孩,65磅重的小孩 |
[19:58] | kill a full-grown adult male? | 杀死了一个成年男子的猜测? |
[20:00] | I’d say that’s an absolutely prudent course of action. | 我要说那绝对是需要经过谨慎考虑的 |
[20:02] | Okay,forget about the doll. | 好吧,把那个玩偶忘了 |
[20:04] | Leave the doll out of this. | 不要再去想这个玩偶 |
[20:06] | Imagine for a second that | 想像一下 |
[20:08] | that little boy did pull the ladder away | 就是那个小男孩把他父亲 |
[20:10] | from underneath his father. | 下面的梯子移走 |
[20:11] | Can you blame him? | 你能责怪他吗? |
[20:13] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[20:15] | I’m not in a position to blame him or not. | 我没有要不要责怪他的立场 |
[20:18] | And neither are you. | 你也没有 |
[20:19] | I mean we don’t even know for a fact | 我是说我们甚至都不知道 |
[20:21] | that his father was abusing him. | 他的父亲是否虐待他的事实 |
[20:23] | Just like you don’t know for a fact | 就像你不也不知道 |
[20:25] | that the little kid had anything to do with his father’s death. | 到底这个小孩子和他父亲的 死有没有关系一样 |
[20:28] | I mean didn’t you say | 我的意思是你不是说 |
[20:29] | that the police had already declared the death accidental? | 警察已经宣布了这个死亡是起意外吗? |
[20:32] | So what’s your point? | 那你的重点是什么? |
[20:34] | My point is the reason not to discuss this with your boss | 我的重点是不要和你的老板讨论这个 |
[20:36] | is because there isn’t anything really worth discussing, | 因为这一切都不值得讨论 |
[20:38] | not because you think | 不能就因为你觉得 |
[20:39] | the little boy might have been actually justified | 这个小男孩或许已经被证明了 |
[20:41] | in taking his father’s life. | 取了他父亲的命 |
[20:44] | I mean,you’re the judge and jury now? | 我是说,你现在成法官和陪审团了? |
[20:48] | That can’t really be what you meant. | 那不是你真正想表达的 |
[20:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:52] | I don’t know what I meant. | 我不知道我想说的是什么 |
[20:54] | Besides it’s like you said. | 除此以外,就像你所说的 |
[20:56] | There’s nothing to discuss. | 没什么可讨论的 |
[20:57] | The man’s death was an accident. | 这个男人的死是起意外 |
[20:59] | Where you going? | 你要取哪? |
[21:01] | To bed. I… | 上床.我… |
[21:02] | I just made the coffee. | 我刚煮了一些咖啡 |
[21:05] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[21:07] | I need you to feel my head. | 你摸摸我的额头 |
[21:09] | Well,you’re fine. | 你没事 |
[21:11] | I need to ask you something, | 我需要问你一些事情 |
[21:12] | but I’m afraid it might sound a bit… | 但我怕这听起来或许有一点… |
[21:16] | abstract. | 抽象 |
[21:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:20] | Do you sense… | 你能不能感觉到… |
[21:22] | any kind of energy in this room? | 在这个房间中有什么能量吗? |
[21:25] | A presence of any kind? | 一种有其他人的能量? |
[21:28] | Are you asking me if your office is haunted? | 你是在问我你的办公室是否 有什么乱七八糟的东西? |
[21:36] | About two and a half years before you started working here, | 在2年半之前,在你还没有来这里工作之前 |
[21:39] | my daughter took her own life. | 我的女儿自杀了 |
[21:43] | She was 20 at the time. | 她那个时候20岁 |
[21:49] | Every year around this time,I… | 每年到了这个时候,我… |
[21:55] | Two days ago she was sitting right where you are now. | 2天前她就坐在你现在坐的位子上 |
[22:05] | I’m sorry. I don’t see anything. | 对不起.我什么也没看见 |
[22:08] | I don’t feel anything. | 我什么也没有感觉到 |
[22:12] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[22:14] | The truth is there’s nothing she could really say. | 事实上,她也没什么能真正说的 |
[22:18] | I mean when a child kills themselves | 我是说当一个孩子杀了她们自己 |
[22:19] | they really do get the last word. | 她们也真的没什么可说的 |
[22:21] | That’s sorta the point,isn’t it? | 那就是重点,是不是? |
[22:23] | Don’t blame yourself. | 不要责怪你自己 |
[22:23] | She wouldn’t want you to do that. | 她不会想你那么做的 |
[22:26] | Who,who can I blame? | 那我能责怪谁? |
[22:31] | It’s kind of a baseline requirement of a parent | 那可是父母对于他们的孩子 |
[22:34] | that their child survive,isn’t it? | 能基本生存下来的底线啊,是不是? |
[22:36] | You have no way of knowing what she was thinking, | 你完全不能知道她在想什么 |
[22:39] | what she was feeling. | 她的感觉是什么 |
[22:43] | That’s funny you should mention that | 说到那个,你应该觉得蛮搞笑的 |
[22:46] | because I just discovered yesterday | 因为我昨天刚刚发现 |
[22:49] | that my wife has been working for some time with a man | 我的妻子正在花时间和一个男人打交道 |
[22:53] | who claims he can see the dead. | 他说他可以看见死者 |
[22:55] | He can communicate with the dead. | 他可以和死者进行交流 |
[22:57] | He’s a charlatan. | 他在吹牛 |
[22:58] | It enraged me. | 这激怒了我 |
[23:00] | And I realized,here I am working | 然后我意识到,我在这里可是和一个 |
[23:04] | with the genuine article for almost three years now. | 真正能做到这一切的人 一起工作了三年 |
[23:07] | Never once did I tell you about Arianna. | 而我却从来没有跟你说起过Arianna |
[23:11] | And never once did I ask if you could reach her. | 我也从来没有问起过你 是否可以感受到她 |
[23:15] | Not much of a father. | 不是个合格的父亲 |
[23:28] | I didn’t… | 我不知道… |
[23:29] | I didn’t realize | 我不知道 |
[23:30] | I was saying anything worth jotting down. | 我说了什么值得你记下来的话 |
[23:43] | “Last gasp. ” Does that mean anything to you? | “最终叹息”对你来说有什么意思吗? |
[23:46] | “Last gasp?” | “最终叹息?” |
[23:49] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[23:51] | No. | 不知道 |
[23:52] | Doesn’t mean a thing to me. | 对我来说没有任何意思 |
[23:55] | I gotta go. | 我要走了 |
[23:57] | Don’t ask. | 别问了 |
[23:58] | Sorry,but I just gotta cut out. | 对不起,但我只能停下来了 |
[24:00] | A.J.’s been really patient this week, | A.J.这个星期病的很厉害 |
[24:02] | but he’s officially reached the saturation point | 但他真正病发的时段 |
[24:04] | when it comes to spending days at this dad’s office. | 应该是待在这个爸爸办公室的时候 |
[24:07] | Uh,the good news is Tracy’ll be back in town tomorrow | 呃,好消息是,Tracy明天就回来了 |
[24:10] | and I promise I’ll be good for some late nights. | 我保证我晚上晚些时候会好的 |
[24:12] | Okay,then. | 那好吧 |
[24:13] | Joe,you okay? | Joe,你还好吗? |
[24:14] | Yeah,I’m fine. | 是的,我很好 |
[24:15] | Don’t worry about it. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 不要担心,我们明天见 |
[24:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:31] | That you,darling? | 是你吗,亲爱的? |
[24:33] | What are you doing out of bed? | 你下床干嘛? |
[24:36] | I’ll be in to give you kisses | 我想给你一个吻 |
[24:37] | and hugs and touches in a bit. | 抱一下你,感觉一下你 |
[24:40] | I said back to bed,honey. | 我说了,回床上去,亲爱的 |
[24:45] | Whatever you say,Daddy. | 随便你吧,爸爸 |
[25:08] | it`s done | 搞定 |
[25:16] | I know it sounds bizarre. | 我知道这听起来很奇怪 |
[25:18] | That point is not lost on me. | 重点不是我怎么了 |
[25:20] | So there’s this killer doll… | 所以说是有一个玩偶杀手… |
[25:21] | I didn’t say that! | 我没有那么说! |
[25:23] | What I’m saying is I saw another child kill her father. | 我说的是我看见另外一个孩子 杀了她的父亲 |
[25:26] | And it seemed the doll… | 看起来那个玩偶… |
[25:28] | seemed to be mastermind. | 看起来是主要策划者 |
[25:31] | Even made it look like a mishap,like the Levitt killing. | 即使弄得一切像是一场灾祸 就像杀了Levitt一样 |
[25:33] | The Levitt accident? | 那起Levitt的意外? |
[25:35] | The mastermind. Cool. | 是被策划过的,酷 |
[25:37] | Any sense of where this may have happened? | 你有没有什么头绪 这大概是在哪里发生的吗? |
[25:39] | I can send some men down to the mall. | 我可以派一些人到商场里面去 |
[25:41] | We can round up some Kens,some Barbies,some Cabbage Patches. | 我们可以集中一些Ken们,一些 Barbie们,一些Cabbage Patch们 |
[25:43] | One of those little bastards is bound to know something. | 那些小混混中的一个或许会知道什么 |
[25:47] | What? | 怎么了? |
[25:48] | You’re not gonna help me,are you? | 你不准备帮我,是不是? |
[25:49] | With what? | 帮什么? |
[25:50] | Fine. I’ll do it myself! | 算了,我自己来 |
[25:52] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[25:53] | That Raggedy Ann may look out of shape, | 那个Raggedy Ann或许并不像她 外表所示 |
[25:55] | but she’ll kick your ass in a fight. | 她会把你一脚踢出去的 |
[26:04] | Hello. | 你好 |
[26:06] | Ms. Levitt,Allison Dubois | Levitt夫人,我是Allison Dubois |
[26:08] | with the District Attorney’s office. | 地检官办公室的 |
[26:09] | We met the morning of the accident. | 我们在那起意外的早上见过面 |
[26:11] | I just wanted to pay my respects | 我只是想过来表达一下我的问候 |
[26:13] | and see how you and Oliver were doing. | 然后看看你和Oliver怎么样了 |
[26:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:21] | Um… | 嗯… |
[26:24] | Make yourself at home. | 你随意 |
[26:28] | If you’ll just excuse me,I have something I need to do. | 不好意思要你原谅一下 我有一些事情要去做 |
[26:47] | Hello,Oliver. | 你好啊,Oliver |
[26:54] | Sorry about your father. | 对于你的父亲,我感到很遗憾 |
[26:56] | No,you’re not. | 不,你没有 |
[27:03] | Who’s your friend? | 你的朋友是谁? |
[27:05] | It’s not a friend. | 不是我的朋友 |
[27:06] | It’s just a doll. | 只是个玩偶 |
[27:08] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[27:10] | Well,when I was young,my dolls were like friends to me. | 当我还是个小孩的时候 我的玩偶都被我视作是我的朋友 |
[27:14] | I would talk to them. | 我会跟它们说话 |
[27:16] | Tell them things. | 跟它们说一些事情 |
[27:18] | Things I couldn’t tell anybody else. | 一些我不能说给其他人听的事情 |
[27:21] | Secrets and things. | 秘密和一些事情 |
[27:26] | Do you ever do that? | 你也这样做过吗? |
[27:28] | Maybe. | 或许 |
[27:30] | Sometimes. | 有时候 |
[27:34] | So what kind of things do you tell her? | 那你告诉她的都是什么事情? |
[27:38] | Things about your father? | 一些关于你父亲的事情? |
[27:42] | You think it wasn’t an accident,don’t you? | 你觉得那不是一起意外,是不是? |
[27:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:50] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[27:52] | You can tell me the truth,Oliver. | 你可以告诉我事实,Oliver |
[27:54] | I really wanna help you. | 我真的很想帮助你 |
[27:56] | Oliver. | |
[28:01] | Your mommy’s on the phone,sweetie. | 你妈妈正在电话上,亲爱的 |
[28:03] | She really wants to talk to you. | 她很想跟你谈谈 |
[28:04] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[28:35] | * | |
[28:56] | Mom’s home! | 妈妈回来了! |
[28:59] | Pizza,guys! Come and get it. | 匹萨,伙计们! 过来吃吧 |
[29:04] | Come on! | 快点! |
[29:13] | Can I talk to you? | 我能跟你谈谈吗? |
[29:15] | Can I show you something? | 我能给你看一些东西吗? |
[29:18] | No. | 不 |
[29:20] | There’s really nothing to talk about. | 实在没什么可谈的 |
[29:22] | I’m visiting my daughter | 我要去看我的女儿 |
[29:24] | and you have your work. | 而你有你的工作要忙 |
[29:26] | What else is there to say? | 还有什么可说的? |
[29:28] | I’d like to go with you. | 我会跟你一起去 |
[29:30] | I’d like to try to get a seat on that plane tomorrow. | 我会试着去弄一个 明天在那架飞机上的座位 |
[29:33] | I just… before we visit our daughter’s grave,I… | 我只是…在我们去看女儿的墓地之前,我… |
[29:38] | I’d love you to take a little road trip with me. | 我希望你能跟我一起做段 短暂的公路旅行 |
[29:46] | 2:20 in the morning. | 早上2:20 |
[29:47] | I tell you. This ought to be illegal. | 我跟你说.这应该是违法的 |
[29:49] | I got it. | 我来接 |
[29:51] | Yeah. | 说话 |
[29:52] | May I please talk to your wife? | 我能跟你的妻子谈谈吗? |
[29:57] | It’s a kid. | 是个孩子 |
[30:00] | Who is this? | 你是谁? |
[30:03] | How old are you? | 你多大了? |
[30:04] | Do you know what time it is? | 你知道现在几点了吗? |
[30:05] | It’s 20 minutes after 2:00. | 现在是2点20 |
[30:08] | Will you hand the phone to your wife,please? | 你能把电话给你的妻子吗,谢谢? |
[30:10] | No,no,as a matter of fact,I will not. | 不,不,事实上,我不会的 |
[30:13] | It’s the middle of the night,and she’s in bed, | 现在是深更半夜,她已经睡了 |
[30:15] | which is where somebody your age ought to be. | 而像你这种年纪的孩子也应该睡了 |
[30:18] | Now,if you call here again,I’m contacting your parents. | 现在,如果你再打到这里来 我就会联系你的父母 |
[30:20] | Trust me: you’ll wish you’d never been born. | 相信我:你会希望你从来没有生出来过 |
[30:25] | What did he say? | 他说什么了? |
[30:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:29] | He said he wanted to talk to you,uh. | 他说他想跟你谈谈,呃 |
[30:40] | Yes? | 怎么? |
[30:42] | I really don’t have any parents. | 我其实没有父母 |
[30:44] | And I already wish I’d never been born. | 我真的希望我从来没有生出来过 |
[30:47] | So,if you don’t mind,may I please speak with your wife? | 所以,如果你不介意的话 我是否可以跟你的妻子说话? |
[30:55] | Hello? | 你好? |
[30:56] | Do you have my doll? | 你拿了我的玩偶吗? |
[31:02] | Oliver,it’s the middle of the night. | Oliver,现在是半夜 |
[31:05] | I couldn’t sleep without Maggie. | 我没有Maggie就没办法睡觉 |
[31:07] | Okay,all right,I’ll bring it right over. | 好吧,好吧,我现在就把它带过来 |
[31:12] | You’ll bring what right over? | 你要把什么带到哪里去? |
[31:13] | I have to run a quick errand. | 我必须去干件很快的差事 |
[31:17] | At 2:00 in the morning? | 在凌晨2点? |
[31:28] | Don’t you want to know why I took it? | 你不想知道我为什么拿走吗? |
[31:31] | No. I already know why you took it. | 不.我已经知道你为什么拿走了 |
[31:34] | Oliver? | |
[31:35] | Oliver,who’s at the door? | Oliver,谁在门口? |
[31:37] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[31:38] | Mrs. Levitt, | Levitt夫人 |
[31:40] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten you. | 对不起,我不是想要吓你 |
[31:42] | I… Somehow your nephew’s doll got… | 我…你侄子的玩偶不知道为什么… |
[31:44] | I was playing a game,and I hid it in her bag, | 我在玩游戏,把这个藏在了她的包里 |
[31:48] | and I forgot to bring it back before she left today. | 然后我忘记在她走之前从里面拿出来了 |
[31:51] | I looked her up in the phone book | 我在电话簿上找到了她的号码 |
[31:52] | and asked her to bring it back to me. | 要求她把这个还回来 |
[31:54] | Oh,my God. And she did. | 哦,我的上帝.而她居然听你的 |
[31:57] | Oliver,it’s the middle of the night. | Oliver,现在可是深更半夜 |
[31:59] | No,no,no,no. Please. It’s okay. | 不,不,不,不.没关系的 |
[32:01] | Really. You-You two have been through a lot lately. | 真的.你们-你们最近真的 经历了太多的事情 |
[32:05] | Sounded like he really needed the doll. | 听起来他真的很需要这个玩偶 |
[32:07] | You’re a very perceptive person,Mrs… | 你真的非常善解人意,那个… |
[32:10] | Dubois. | Dubois夫人 |
[32:12] | And if you’ll forgive me, | 如果你能原谅我的话 |
[32:13] | Mr. Dubois and the three little Dubois are at home | Dubois先生和三个小Dubois正在家 |
[32:16] | waiting for me,so… | 等着我回去,所以… |
[32:30] | Was he excited | 当你带着他的玩具 |
[32:31] | when you slid down the chimney with his toy? | 滑下烟囱的时候,他是不是很兴奋? |
[32:34] | Actually,he was waiting for me. | 实际上,他已经在等着我了 |
[32:36] | Well,then,I guess he was excited. | 那么,我猜他是很兴奋的 |
[32:39] | Oh,maybe,or maybe he has a little bit of what I have. | 哦,或许,也或许他知道很多 我所知道的 |
[32:45] | Oliver Levitt is psychic. | Oliver Levitt是个灵媒 |
[32:49] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[32:50] | Well,I mean,I’m a freak,but I’m not that big of a freak. | 我是说,我是个怪人 但我还没有那么怪 |
[32:54] | There are other people out there | 外面还有许多其他的人 |
[32:56] | who feel things,see things. | 能感受到事物,看到事物 |
[32:58] | Especially children. | 尤其是孩子们 |
[32:59] | A lot of people believe. | 有很多人相信这一点 |
[33:01] | All children start with it, | 所有的孩子一开始都有这种功能 |
[33:03] | and they lose it when they start to… | 当他们开始学会… |
[33:05] | talk and start to read. | 说话和阅读后就慢慢丧失了 |
[33:12] | That boy definitely has it. | 那个男孩绝对拥有这种能力 |
[33:14] | He knew I was at the front door before I got there. | 他在我到那里之前就已经 知道我在前门了 |
[33:19] | He knew I didn’t think | 他知道我觉得 |
[33:21] | his father’s death was an accident. | 他父亲的死并不是一场意外 |
[33:24] | He knew I took his doll. | 他知道是我拿走了他的玩偶 |
[33:26] | Okay, | 好吧 |
[33:27] | but none of that makes him a murderer. | 但所有这些都不足以说明他是凶手 |
[33:29] | None of that makes his doll evil. | 所有这些都不足以说明他的玩偶是邪恶的 |
[33:32] | None of that proves | 所有这些都不能证明 |
[33:34] | his father didn’t actually fall off a ladder | 他父亲实际上并不是在试图把猫 |
[33:37] | trying to get a cat off a roof. | 从屋顶上弄下来的时候,从梯子上摔下来的 |
[33:39] | No fair. | 不公平 |
[33:40] | It’s the middle of the night. | 现在是大半夜 |
[33:42] | You can’t attack me with logic. | 你不能用逻辑思维来跟我辩论 |
[33:46] | Sorry,baby. I’m tired, | 对不起,亲爱的,我累死了 |
[33:47] | and this is war. | 这是一场战争 |
[33:49] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[33:55] | Good night,sweetheart. | 晚安,亲爱的 |
[34:11] | It happened again. | 又来了 |
[34:15] | It happened again. It happened again. | 又来了,又来了 |
[34:18] | We have to get rid of him. | 我们必须除掉他 |
[34:20] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[34:21] | Sure,you can. | 当然,你可以 |
[34:23] | No,I can’t. I can’t do it. | 不,我不能,我不能那么做 |
[34:25] | Well,why not? | 为什么不能? |
[34:27] | Because… because he’s my father. | 因为…因为他是我的父亲 |
[34:29] | He’s so much bigger than me. | 他比我壮了那么多 |
[34:34] | Sarah Jane,didn’t I tell you to go to sleep? | Sarah Jane,我没有告诉你要睡觉吗? |
[34:39] | Sarah Jane? | |
[34:45] | Sarah Jane Levitt. | |
[34:48] | Oliver’s aunt- it was her doll. | Oliver的阿姨–这曾经是它的玩偶 |
[34:54] | I think the car is here. | 我想是车到了 |
[34:57] | Well,hello. | 好啊 |
[34:59] | I seem to have got you at a bad time. | 看起来我找你的时间不太对 |
[35:01] | We were just getting ready to go back home to San Francisco. | 我们刚准备好旧金山的老家 |
[35:04] | There’s a lot to do. | 有很多事情要做 |
[35:05] | You know,getting Oliver into school,and… | 你知道,让Oliver入学,还有… |
[35:08] | …starting the formal adoption, | …开始对他进行正式收养 |
[35:10] | and dealing with his mom. | 跟他妈妈商量一下 |
[35:12] | He’s been through so much. | 他经历得太多了 |
[35:14] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯-嗯 |
[35:17] | Oh,by the way,thank you again for returning Oliver’s doll. | 哦,顺便说一下,再次谢谢你 把Oliver的玩偶还回来 |
[35:20] | It meant the world to him. | 这可是他的命根子 |
[35:22] | Oh. | 哦 |
[35:23] | I couldn’t help but notice,it’s a rather old doll. | 我没办法不注意到 这真的是个很旧的玩偶了 |
[35:26] | Well,actually,it belonged to me when I was a little child. | 实际上,在我还是个小孩子的时候 它是属于我的 |
[35:32] | I used to confide in it,tell it things. | 我经常跟它倾诉一些事情 告诉它一些事情 |
[35:34] | About a year ago,I sensed that Oliver had a lot on his mind, | 大概一年前,我感觉到 Oliver的心里藏了很多的事情 |
[35:38] | and,uh,it made his father angry, | 呃,这让他的父亲非常愤怒 |
[35:40] | but I thought he might take some comfort in talking to her, | 但我觉得如果他能够跟玩偶谈谈 会感觉舒服些 |
[35:44] | letting her keep his secrets. | 让它来留住他的秘密 |
[35:48] | I’m sorry. Was there something specific? | 不好意思.有什么很特别的吗? |
[35:51] | Something you need from me? | 有什么你想从我这里知道的吗? |
[35:53] | I just wanted to tell you… | 我只是想告诉你… |
[35:58] | you’re going to get away with it. | 你对于这件事情会全身而退的 |
[36:02] | Nobody senses. | 没有人会感觉到 |
[36:05] | Nobody cares. | 没有人会去关心 |
[36:18] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[36:20] | Really? That’s funny,’cause I did a little research, | 真的吗?那就有意思了 因为我做了些许的调查 |
[36:24] | and it seems | 看起来 |
[36:26] | tragic accidents | 悲惨的意外 |
[36:27] | kind of follow you wherever you go. | 总是跟随着你,无论你去哪里 |
[36:31] | First there was your father falling down the stairs, | 首先是你的父亲从楼梯上摔了下来 |
[36:33] | now your brother? | 现在是你的哥哥? |
[36:36] | My father passed almost 35 years ago. | 我父亲在35年前就过世了 |
[36:40] | What does any of that have to do with Michael? | 这和Michael到底有什么关系? |
[36:43] | Your father was a very troubled man,wasn’t he? | 你的父亲是个很麻烦的人,是不是? |
[36:46] | The social worker | 社会工作者 |
[36:47] | who interviewed you and your brother | 在他死之后对你和你的兄弟 |
[36:48] | shortly after his death | 进行了短暂的家访 |
[36:50] | indicated a probable pattern of abuse. | 他们发现你们有受虐待的迹象 |
[36:54] | Funny thing about abuse. | 说到虐待有个有意思的现象 |
[36:57] | Oftentimes the victims become the abusers themselves. | 受害者本身经常也会编程虐待者 |
[37:02] | Your father was awfully hard on you, | 你的父亲对你十分强硬 |
[37:05] | and he tortured the hell out of Michael,didn’t he? | 他还经常会折磨Michael,是不是? |
[37:13] | So what are you suggesting? | 你到底想暗示什么? |
[37:16] | He’s gone. | 他已经走了 |
[37:19] | They are both gone. | 他们都已经走了 |
[37:21] | Oliver is safe. | Oliver现在很安全 |
[37:24] | I just want you to know… | 我只是想让你知道… |
[37:27] | it stops here. | 该停手了 |
[37:33] | I’m going to keep in touch. | 我会一直跟你们联系的 |
[37:38] | Have a safe flight. | 祝一路平安 |
[37:41] | I’ll call you when you get home. | 你们到家的时候我会打电话给你们的 |
[37:48] | Bye! | 再见! |
[37:50] | Hey,you! | 嘿,你好! |
[37:52] | How you doing? You ready for your big trip? | 你怎么样?准备好你的长途旅行了吗? |
[37:54] | I just told your aunt that I want to keep in touch with you. | 我刚刚告诉你阿姨 我会和你保持联系的 |
[37:57] | I want you to tell me all about your new school | 我想你告诉我关于你新学校 |
[38:00] | and all about your new friends. | 和新朋友的事情 |
[38:02] | Speaking of friends,where’s your doll? | 说到朋友,你的玩偶在哪里? |
[38:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:06] | I think I lost her. | 我想是我把它弄丢了 |
[38:08] | I’m usually pretty good at finding things, | 我通常很擅长找到东西 |
[38:11] | guessing things, | 猜测东西去了哪里 |
[38:12] | but all of a sudden,I can’t remember where she is. | 但突然间,我记不起来它在哪里了 |
[38:17] | Well,she’ll turn up if she’s meant to. | 如果它想出现它就会出现的 |
[38:19] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎了 |
[38:20] | I’m kind of tired of her anyway. | 我倒是有点厌倦它了 |
[38:23] | Well,sounds like maybe you’ve outgrown her. | 听起来或许你已经长大了 不需要它了 |
[38:27] | Sounds like maybe | 听起来或许 |
[38:27] | you’re outgrowing a lot of things. | 你已经长大到失去对它的兴趣了 |
[38:35] | Happy travels. | 旅途愉快 |
[38:44] | * | |
[38:50] | That sign said we just left town. | 路标显示我们刚刚离开城了 |
[38:56] | Do you have any idea what it is you’re looking for? | 你知道你到底想找什么吗? |
[38:59] | Not really,no. | 不知道,不 |
[39:03] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[39:04] | We’re at least 20 minutes from Ithaca, | 我们离Ithaca |
[39:07] | from the cemetery. | 离那块墓地至少有20分钟远了 |
[39:08] | It’s after 3:00. | 现在过了3点 |
[39:10] | It’s going to be dark soon. | 天马上就要黑了 |
[39:13] | Now we’re not going to be able to see her grave | 我们现在只能等到明天早上 |
[39:14] | till tomorrow morning. | 才能去她的墓地 |
[39:19] | I should have known better. | 我应该早就知道的 |
[39:19] | I should have come by myself. | 我应该自己一个人来的 |
[39:30] | Manny,what are you doing? | Manny,你在干嘛? |
[39:33] | Manny,where are you going? | Manny,你要去哪? |
[39:48] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[39:51] | I shouldn’t have said that. | 我不应该那么说的 |
[39:54] | Tomorrow is time enough. | 明天会有足够的时间 |
[39:55] | I’m just happy you’re here with me. | 我只是很高兴你在这里陪我 |
[39:58] | It’s all crap,Lily. | 一切都是胡话,Lily |
[40:00] | Everything they try to tell you about dying- | 他们试图告诉你关于死者的话– |
[40:02] | it’s all crap. | 都是胡话 |
[40:04] | They’re just trying to sell you coffins | 他们只是试图想向你销售棺材 |
[40:05] | and gravestones and funerals. | 墓碑和葬礼 |
[40:07] | The truth is,when you die,you’re dead, | 事实上,当你死了,你就死了 |
[40:09] | and that’s that. | 就这样 |
[40:10] | There are no messages from the beyond. | 没有什么从往界传来的信息 |
[40:12] | There are no souls trying to reach out to the living. | 没有什么灵魂想要试图跟 活着的人接触 |
[40:15] | You’re here,and then you’re gone, | 你在这里,然后你走了 |
[40:16] | and that’s why it makes me so mad that she just… | 这就是让我如此生气的原因,她就这么… |
[40:22] | …she just threw it all away. | …她就这么扔下了一切走了 |
[40:49] | Manuel? | |
[40:51] | Manny,come here! | Manny,过来! |
[40:55] | Manny,please! | Manny,快点! |
[41:17] | Now I know why you brought me here. | 现在我知道你为什么 带我到这里来了 |
[41:20] | Look. | 看 |
[41:24] | My God. | 我的上帝 |
[41:27] | Zinnias. | 鱼尾菊 |
[41:29] | White zinnias. | 白色的鱼尾菊 |
[41:31] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[41:33] | But it’s the middle of winter. | 但现在可正是冬天 |
[41:35] | They were always her favorite. | 它们可是她的最爱 |
[41:52] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[41:55] | Hold on a second. | 等等 |
[41:57] | Honey,we overslept. Oh. | 亲爱的,我们睡过头了.哦 |
[41:59] | Phone’s for you. Someone from work. | 你的电话,从办公室打来的 |
[42:00] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:03] | Joe Dubois. | |
[42:05] | Hi,Aaron. | 嗨,Aaron |
[42:07] | Everything all right? | 一切都好吗? |
[42:08] | Oh? | 哦? |
[42:11] | Chicken pox? | 水痘? |
[42:16] | What? You got it from your kid? | 什么?你从你孩子身上感染到的? |
[42:18] | This wouldn’t be the same kid | 不会就是那个你上个星期 |
[42:19] | that you were bringing into work last week,would it? | 带到办公室一起工作的 那个孩子吧,是不是? |
[42:23] | I see. I think I’m gonna have to get back to you,Aaron. | 我明白了.我觉得我也要步 你的后尘了,Aaron |