时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[00:03] | I thought you said she was getting better. | 我以为你是说她已经好起来了 |
[00:05] | She fooled us. | 她欺骗了我们 |
[00:07] | The leukemia fooled us. | 白血病欺骗了我们 |
[00:09] | For a while it seemed like she was responding to the treatment. | 有一段时间看起来她 的治疗已经起作用了 |
[00:12] | Unfortunately, her blood cell count keeps dropping. | 不幸的是,她的血细胞数量在不断下降 |
[00:18] | I don’t know if her system can take another round of chemo. | 我不知道她的系统是否能承受 下一轮的化疗 |
[00:27] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[00:32] | I’ll make it a point to stop back | 你父母到这里来的时候 |
[00:34] | when your parents are here. Thank you. | – 我会跟他们说终止治疗的 – 谢谢 |
[00:43] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[00:46] | How long was I out? | 我昏睡了多久了? |
[00:48] | Just a few minutes. | 就几分钟 |
[00:50] | It’s weird the way you do that. | 你那个样子真是太怪异了 |
[00:52] | So sudden. | 那么突然 |
[00:53] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[00:55] | Mom and Dad went to grab a bite. | 妈妈和爸爸出去稍微吃点东西 |
[01:01] | Hey. I almost forgot. | 嘿,我几乎忘记了 |
[01:03] | I… I brought you something. | 我…我给你带来了一些东西 |
[01:08] | (gasping): No! | 不! |
[01:10] | It’s Mr. Snookie! | 是Snookie先生! |
[01:13] | Where in the hell did you find him? | 你从哪里找到它的啊? |
[01:15] | Me and Dad tore the garage apart until we found him. | 我和爸爸翻遍了整个车库的地方 终于找到了它 |
[01:18] | Hmm. He looks as old | 嗯,它看起来 |
[01:21] | and crappy as I feel. (light cough) | 和我感觉的一样老旧 |
[01:24] | Yeah, that German shepherd really did a number on him, huh? | 是啊,那个德国牧羊犬 的确在它身上搞了不少破坏,呃? |
[01:36] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[01:38] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:40] | (weakly): I get so tired. | 我很累 |
[01:43] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[01:52] | WOMAN: You girls decent in there? | 姑娘们在这里可好? |
[01:55] | Hell, no. | 该死的,不 |
[01:56] | We’re Dubois women. | 我们可是Dubois家的女人 |
[01:57] | Nothing decent about us. | 没有什么能够击倒我们 |
[02:10] | Was she out the whole time? | 她一直处于昏迷中吗? |
[02:12] | 30 seconds ago, she was laughing. | 30秒之前,她还在笑 |
[02:15] | The chemo’s just completely knocked the crap out of her. | 化疗完全击倒了她 |
[02:20] | Doctor came by. | 医生来过 |
[02:23] | Said it wasn’t really helping. | 说这并没有多大帮助 |
[02:25] | Did Marie hear? | Marie听见了吗? |
[02:26] | No. | 没有 |
[02:31] | Ariel… | |
[02:32] | Do me a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[02:39] | You’ve got to go outside, call Bridgette. | 你现在要出去,打电话给Bridgette |
[02:42] | Okay? Tell her we need her. | 好吗?告诉她我们需要她 |
[02:44] | Daddy or I will pick her up at the airport, | 爸爸或我会去机场接她 |
[02:47] | but she needs to come today. | 但她今天必须回来 |
[02:48] | (sobbing) Okay? Tonight. | 好吗?今晚 |
[02:55] | ALLISON: Shh. | 嘘 |
[03:12] | I’m going to miss her so much. | 我会非常非常想念她的 |
[03:19] | I don’t know if I can live without her. | 我不知道没有了她我是否还能活下去 |
[04:06] | medium 313 | 灵媒辑凶 313 |
[04:20] | Hi. You’re there. | 嗨,你好 |
[04:23] | This is Allison Dubois. | 我是Allison Dubois |
[04:24] | I was wondering, is there any way I could possibly | 我在想,我今天是否能够 |
[04:27] | bring in my youngest daughter in | 把我的小女儿带过来 |
[04:28] | to see the doctor today? | 见见医生? |
[04:33] | 11:00. Thank you. | 11点,谢谢 |
[04:36] | Bye. (phone beeps off) | 再见 |
[04:38] | Hey. | Hey. – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[04:40] | Woke up. | 醒来了 |
[04:42] | Your side of the bed was empty. | 你睡的那边床上是空的 |
[04:44] | Cold. How long you been up? | 冷冰冰的.你起来多久了? |
[04:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:48] | I think Marie’s coming down with something. | 我觉得Marie因为什么东西而生病了 |
[04:50] | I was up with her half the night. | 所以我起来下半夜一直和她在一起 |
[04:52] | Is it serious? | 很严重吗? |
[04:55] | I hope not. | 我希望不 |
[04:56] | I hope I caught it in time. | 我希望我能及时搞定 |
[04:58] | She seems fine now. | 她现在看上去很好 |
[05:00] | I’m just going to keep her home | 我想让她待在家里 |
[05:02] | and run her by the doctor. | 然后带她去看看医生 |
[05:03] | ALL: God, grant me the serenity | 上帝,赐予我平静 |
[05:06] | to accept the things I cannot change, | 来接受我无法改变的事实 |
[05:09] | courage to change the things I can, | 鼓起我可以改变的勇气 |
[05:12] | and wisdom to know the difference. | 赐予我只会来明白其中的区别 |
[05:16] | SCANLON: I just think it’s weird, that’s all. | 我只是觉得这很怪异,就这样 |
[05:17] | The guy calls me first thing this morning | 这个家伙今早第一时间打了我的电话 |
[05:18] | to make sure I’m going to be at the meeting, then he doesn’t show up. | 确定我会在会议上出现 但是他却没有出现 |
[05:21] | Gary’s a recovering addict. | Gary正在从毒品中回复 |
[05:22] | We’re all recovering addicts. | 我们都在从毒品中回复 |
[05:24] | Reliability is not our strong suit. | 可靠可不是对我们的形容 |
[05:26] | He’s going to do what he’s going to do. | 他会去做任何他想做的事情 |
[05:29] | You’re his sponsor, not his mother. | 你是他的保证人,不是他的妈妈 |
[05:31] | As long as you’re there when he does calls you. | 不能在他打电话给你的时候就来到他身边 |
[05:32] | Long as you’re there when he does show up. | 不能在他出现的时候就在那里等他 |
[05:34] | The rest is up to him. | 剩下的都要靠他自己了 |
[05:37] | That’s Gary’s car. | 那是Gary的车 |
[05:48] | MAN: Good news. | 好消息 |
[05:50] | There’s no strep. No fever. | 没有链锁状球菌.没有发烧 |
[05:52] | Her inoculations are up to date. | 她的接种还没有到期 |
[05:54] | The truth is… | 事实是… |
[05:55] | She looks super. | 她看上去非常得好 |
[05:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:59] | So I’m… I’m a little unclear. | 所以我…我有些不太明白 |
[06:02] | Is this an exam for school? | 是为了入学的检查吗? |
[06:03] | For day care? For camp? | 还是日常检查?还是为了露营的? |
[06:05] | Is there something you want me to sign? | 你有什么需要我注意的吗? |
[06:07] | I need you to talk to me about leukemia. | 我需要你跟我说说白血病 |
[06:10] | Leukemia? | 白血病? |
[06:13] | Are we still talking about Marie? | 我们还是在谈Marie吗? |
[06:17] | Well, ah… | 呃… |
[06:19] | Wh-what would you like to know? | 你,你想知道什么呢? |
[06:22] | Has she been tired? | 她有没有觉得很累? |
[06:23] | She doesn’t look tired. | 她看起来不累啊 |
[06:26] | I didn’t notic any swelling | 我也没有注意到任何 |
[06:27] | or weight loss. | 体重上的猛减 |
[06:30] | Allison, leukemia’s a hell of a rabbit to pull out of your hat. | Allison,白血病是怎么从你的 脑袋中突然蹦出来的 |
[06:33] | It would help me to know where this comes from. | 我很想知道你是怎么会想到的 |
[06:40] | Hi, Jen? | 嗨,Jen? |
[06:42] | Uh, could you come in here for a second | 呃,你能过来一下 |
[06:43] | and get Marie Dubois? | 把Marie Dubois带走吗? |
[06:45] | Yeah, keep an eye on her for a minute, | 是的,帮我看着她一会儿 |
[06:47] | so her mom and I can have a conversation. | 她的妈妈和我想谈一下 |
[06:49] | No, no, I… I know. | 不,不,我…我知道了 |
[06:51] | I know how backed up we are. | 我知道我们有什么支援 |
[06:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:57] | Okay, baby, Mommy’s gonna come get you in a minute, okay? | 好了,宝贝,妈妈要让你出去一会儿,好吗? |
[07:04] | Okay. | 好了 |
[07:08] | Allison, look, I know you know this, | Allison,瞧,我知道你知道这个 |
[07:10] | but, uh… | 但是,呃… |
[07:12] | Leukemia is not something she’s going to catch on the playground. | 白血病不像是那种她会在操场上 就传染到的什么疾病 |
[07:14] | You’ve never mentioned a family history of it. | 你从来没有提过你家有这种病史 |
[07:16] | It’s never | 你对你们家 |
[07:17] | come up in conversation about the other girls. | 其他的女孩也没有提出过这种情况 |
[07:19] | Has something happened? | 发生什么事了吗? |
[07:21] | Someone on your husband’s side? | 还是你丈夫那里的某人? |
[07:22] | I just need to know: is this the kind of disease | 我只是需要知道:你能在这种病 |
[07:24] | that you can get in front of it? | 开始之前就处理一下吗? |
[07:26] | Treat it before it strikes? | 在它发作之前就治愈好她? |
[07:28] | Allison, what you’re saying doesn’t make any sense. | Allison,你说的一切毫无意义 |
[07:30] | We don’t… we don’t treat people for diseases | 我们不能…我们不能在人们 |
[07:32] | before they have them. | 生病之前就治病 |
[07:34] | Before they have them there is nothing to treat. | 在他们发病之前没有什么可治疗的 |
[07:36] | But with leukemia, with cancer, I mean, in theory… | 但对于白血病,对于癌症 我是说,理论上… |
[07:39] | It’s already in there waiting to happen, right? | 已经存在了,只是等着发作,是不是? |
[07:42] | I am not an oncologist. | 我不是肿瘤专家 |
[07:43] | But that’s kind of a simple way of… | 但有一种简单的办法… |
[07:46] | What if I had had it? | 如果我有了呢? |
[07:47] | Or my mother had had it? | 或我妈妈曾有呢? |
[07:49] | Aren’t there things you would be doing? | 那你是不是就会愿意做点什么了吗? |
[07:51] | Tests you would be running to keep an eye on it in the children? | 进行测试,不断注意孩子身上的情况? |
[07:54] | But you don’t have it, and as for your mother… | 但你没有,你妈妈也没有… |
[07:56] | But if we did? | 但如果我们有呢? |
[07:58] | Allison. | |
[07:59] | The kind of tests you’re talking about | 你说的那种测试 |
[08:00] | are… invasive. | 是有…入侵性的 |
[08:03] | Painful. It’s not something you’d want done to a child | 很痛苦.这是一种你绝对 不想在孩子身上进行的测试 |
[08:06] | unless it was completely necessary. | 除非完全有必要 |
[08:08] | And they’re expensive. | 而且它们十分昂贵 |
[08:09] | You know, insurance won’t cover them | 你还要知道,保险公司是不会对此 进行赔偿的 |
[08:11] | unless there’s some credible diagnostic rationale. | 除非有一些可信的诊断基础 |
[08:15] | You know, forgive my asking this, | 你知道嘛,忘了我问的这一切吧 |
[08:17] | but does Joe know you’re here? | Joe知道你在这里吗? |
[08:18] | Talking to me about this? | 跟我谈论这一切? |
[08:23] | I didn’t want to alarm him | 我不想吓到他 |
[08:25] | till I knew more. | 直到我了解更多的情况 |
[08:27] | Allison, I have to be honest with you, | Allison,我必须老实对你说 |
[08:28] | this-this… this is kind of crazy talk. | 这-这…这是一种疯狂的对话 |
[08:31] | ?????????if I didn’t knowou as well as I do, | 如果有其他的人这么来问我 如果我不是那么了解你 |
[08:36] | I would be tempted to pick up the phone and call Child Services. | 我会拿起电话,打给儿童服务中心 |
[08:39] | All right, so here’s what I’m willing to do. | 好了,我会先这么做 |
[08:42] | Let’s draw some blood. | 让我们先抽一点血 |
[08:45] | Okay? We’ll send it to the lab. | 好吗?我们会送去实验室 |
[08:47] | That is the first place we would see any indication of disease. | 那是我们会看见任何疾病迹象 的第一个地方 |
[08:50] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你,医生 |
[08:51] | SCANLON: Gary, it’s Lee. | Gary,我是Lee |
[08:52] | Listen, man, you need to check in with me. | 听着,伙计,你要跟我联系一下 |
[08:54] | I’m worried about you and I’m wondering what you’re doing. | 我很担心你,我想知道你在干嘛 |
[08:57] | Call me. Let me know you’re all right. | 打电话给我.让我知道你一切都好 |
[09:06] | (whispering): Are you staying in here all night? | 你在这里待了一整晚了吗? |
[09:08] | Sorry. I lost track of time. | 对不起,我忘记时间了 |
[09:32] | I appreciate this, Earl. Like I said, | 我很感激你,Earl,就像我所说的 |
[09:34] | apparently, the roommate’s out of town. | 很明显,他的室友出城了 |
[09:36] | I’m just concerned about my friend. | 我只是很担心我的朋友 |
[09:40] | (knocking) Gary? Anyone? | Gary?有人吗? |
[10:13] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[10:13] | Allison? It’s Dr. Bondi. | Allison?我是Bondi医生 |
[10:16] | I’ve got Marie’s tests back, and, uh, | 我拿到Marie的测试报告了,呃 |
[10:18] | I have to tell you that little girl is as healthy as a horse. | 我必须告诉你那个小女孩跟 匹马一样的强壮 |
[10:22] | If there’s anything in her blood | 如果她的血液中有什么 |
[10:23] | that’s going to compromise her health, | 会危及到她的健康的话 |
[10:24] | modern science can’t currently see it, much less treat it. | 现代科学在当前也无法检测到 也没有办法来进行治疗 |
[10:28] | Will she be healthy 15 or 20 years from now? | 她从现在的15-20年会否健康? |
[10:31] | Nobody knows that. | 没有人会知道 |
[10:33] | But now that I know it’s an issue for you, | 但现在我所知道的是,这是你的问题了 |
[10:35] | we can test Marie every time she comes in. Hi, I’m home. | 我们可以在她每次来的时候都对她进行测试 嗨,我回家了 |
[10:37] | Allison, any one of our kids could get hit by a car tomorrow, | Allison,我们孩子中的任何一个 都可能会在明天被车撞到 |
[10:40] | be felled by the flu. | 或被流感击倒 |
[10:42] | It’s how we love them while they’re here. | 所以,我们在这里如此爱她们 |
[10:44] | While we’re here. | 只要我们在 |
[10:46] | Well, anyway, you get the point. | 总之,你知道重点了 |
[10:47] | Right now, she’s the living definition of healthy | 现在,她完全是健康地活着 |
[10:50] | and right now is all we can control. | 而且现在的一切我们都可以控制 |
[10:53] | Hey… I’m home too. | – 嘿… – 我也回家了 |
[10:55] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[10:55] | All the really big bosses are away at a seminar, | 所有的大老板都出去开研究会了 |
[10:58] | and I figured there was nothing I was doing at my desk | 我发现我在工作桌上做的一切 |
[11:00] | that I can’t do at home on my laptop. | 都可以回家在手提电脑上做 |
[11:01] | Hey, we’re teaching Marie how to play Monkey in the Middle. | 嘿,我们正在教Marie 怎么在中间扮演猴子 |
[11:04] | She’s a very good monkey. | 她真的是一只好猴子 |
[11:06] | You got cake? | 你买了蛋糕? |
[11:08] | Is it somebody’s birthday? | 今天是谁的生日吗? |
[11:10] | Celebrating just to celebrate. | 庆祝就是庆祝 |
[11:12] | Cool. | 酷 |
[11:14] | Mmm… yum. | 嗯…好吃 |
[11:16] | What’s the occasion? | 是什么情况? |
[11:18] | You know, one day, you’re feeling kind of down… | 你知道,有一天,你会觉得心情低落… |
[11:20] | the next day the sun’s out and things look… | 而第二天太阳出来了,一切都看起来… |
[11:23] | (dog growling) Hey, get out of here! | 嘿,出去! |
[11:24] | Get out! (dog growling) | 出去! |
[11:25] | Hey! Hey! Get out! | 嘿!嘿! 出去! |
[11:27] | Hey, kids! Get away from that dog! | 嘿,孩子们!离那条狗远点! |
[11:30] | Let him go, Ariel! | 让它走,Ariel! |
[11:33] | Ariel! Ariel! Just let the dog have it! | 让那条狗去吧! |
[11:36] | Ariel, get inside! | Ariel,赶紧进来! |
[11:44] | Doggy hurt Mr. Snookie. | 狗狗在伤害Snookie先生 |
[11:46] | Daddy ran outside and saved you? | 阿爸跑出去救了你? |
[11:48] | Ariel saved Mr. Snookie. | Ariel救了Snookie先生 |
[11:51] | What were you thinking, Ariel? | 你在想什么呢,Ariel? |
[11:53] | He could have attacked you. He could have bitten you. | 它可能会攻击你 它可能会咬到你 |
[11:56] | But he had Mr. Snookie and… I don’t care! | – 但它咬住了Snookie先生… – 我不在乎! |
[11:59] | You act like that to save one of your sisters, | 你要做的是保护你的妹妹们 |
[12:01] | not a teddy bear. | 而不是一只泰迪熊 |
[12:05] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[12:12] | Hey… Are you okay? | 嘿… 你还好吗? |
[12:14] | Honey, why the long face? | 亲爱的,干嘛拉长了脸? |
[12:17] | Everybody’s doing just fine. | 大家都很好 |
[12:19] | Everybody’s fine. | 大家都很好 |
[12:26] | JOE: Leukemia? | 白血病? |
[12:28] | She was 20, maybe 21. | 她那个时候20岁,或许是21岁 |
[12:30] | But the doctor said she’s fine. | 但医生说了她很好 |
[12:33] | Yes, today. Yes, now. | 是的,今天,是的,现在 |
[12:35] | Okay, then, uh… wait, I don’t understand. | 好吧,那么,呃…等等 我不太明白 |
[12:38] | What is there not to understand? | 有什么不太明白的? |
[12:39] | The doctor said she’s fine. | 医生说她很好 |
[12:41] | And for now, she is. | 是现在,她很好 |
[12:43] | He didn’t say she would always be fine. | 他没有说她永远会没事 |
[12:45] | There’s no way he could possibly know that. | 他又没有可能会知道以后的事情 |
[12:47] | But I know that. | 但我知道 |
[12:48] | Just like I saw Ariel give Marie that torn-up teddy bear. | 就像是我看见了Ariel给了 Marie那个被撕碎的泰迪熊 |
[12:51] | No, Allison. | 不,Allison |
[12:52] | Even though it just happened. | 即使这一切刚刚发生 |
[12:54] | Just got torn up a few hours ago. | 即使是在几个小时之前刚被撕碎 |
[12:56] | Please listen to yourself. | 请听听你自己所说的 |
[12:57] | That teddy bear has nothing to do with anything. | 那只泰迪熊和这一切都无关 |
[12:59] | You’re not listening! | 你没有在听我说! |
[13:01] | That torn-up teddy bear | 那只被撕碎的泰迪熊 |
[13:03] | has everything to do with everything. | 和所有的一切都有关系 |
[13:05] | I saw it last night | 我在这一切发生之前 |
[13:07] | before it happened, | 都在昨晚看见了 |
[13:08] | in the same dream | 在同一个梦中 |
[13:10] | that I saw our youngest daughter… | 我看见我们最小的女儿… |
[13:14] | dying. | 快死了 |
[13:16] | Ariel | |
[13:17] | said you and her went into the garage, | 说你和她去了车库 |
[13:20] | and you found that torn-up teddy bear, | 而你找到了那只被撕碎的泰迪熊 |
[13:21] | and she wanted to give it to Marie, | 她要把它给Marie |
[13:23] | and that’s how I know this is going to happen, you see? | 所以我知道这一切都会发生,你明白了吗? |
[13:26] | No, I don’t see. | 不,我不明白 |
[13:27] | Actually, Allison, you’re not making any sense. | 实际上,Allison,你这是在无稽之谈 |
[13:29] | Oh, really? | 哦,真的吗? |
[13:30] | After all this time, | 经过那么长的时间 |
[13:32] | are you saying that you don’t believe in me? | 你能说你不相信我吗? |
[13:34] | You don’t believe in the things that I see? | 你不相信我所看见的事情? |
[13:36] | Or the things th I feel? | 或是我感觉到的事情? |
[13:38] | Of course I’m not saying that. | 我当然没有那么说 |
[13:39] | I absolutely believe in you. | 我绝对相信你 |
[13:40] | I’m not questioning what you see. | 我没有在质疑你所看见的 |
[13:42] | It’s your logic that makes no sense. | 只是你的逻辑没有根据 |
[13:44] | I’ll prove it to you. | 我会证明给你看 |
[13:46] | Joe! | |
[13:52] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛? |
[13:53] | I’m saving our daughter’s life. | 我在挽救我们女儿的生命 |
[13:55] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[13:56] | (whispers): I’m gonna go, and I’m gonna take that bear, | 我要出去,我要去拿那只熊 |
[13:58] | and I’m gonna burn it in the backyard. | 我会在后院里面把它烧掉 |
[14:01] | Don’t you see? | 你不明白吗? |
[14:03] | Look, according to your logic, | 瞧,根据你的逻辑 |
[14:05] | if there’s no bear in the garage 20 years from now, | 如果从现在开始的20年 车库里面没有那只熊 |
[14:08] | then there’s nothing for Ariel to give to Marie | 那Ariel就没有什么可以带给Marie |
[14:10] | when she goes into the hospital, | 在她住院的时候 |
[14:11] | so maybe she’s not in the hospital, | 或许她也就不会在医院里 |
[14:13] | ’cause maybe she’s not sick. | 因为或许她就根本不会生病 |
[14:15] | (whispers): You’re mocking me. | 你在嘲笑我 |
[14:17] | No! | 没有! |
[14:19] | I am trying to get you to see | 我只是在试图让你明白 |
[14:22] | how irrational and potentially dangerous, | 你这想法多么不理智 潜在的危险完全 |
[14:25] | destructive your thinking is. | 破坏了你是思考能力 |
[14:27] | Look, Allison, hey. | 瞧,Allison,嘿 |
[14:30] | Look, listen, listen, sweetie, | 瞧,听着,听着,亲爱的 |
[14:32] | look, you may be right about this. | 瞧,这件事你或许是对的 |
[14:34] | She may be fated to die before her time, | 她或许会在一段时间后面临死亡的命运 |
[14:38] | but what’s the point of living | 但现在最重要的是 |
[14:40] | for her and for us, | 对于她对于我们来说 |
[14:42] | if her whole life is spent chasing a tragedy | 难道就是她的一生 都要花费在追赶这幕惨剧上吗 |
[14:45] | that we’re not sure is ever really gonna happen, | 而且我们还不能确定 这是否真的会发生 |
[14:48] | and which for the time being we can do nothing about! | 现在这段时间我们什么都不能做吗 |
[14:51] | I won’t do it! | 我不会就此束手待毙的! |
[14:53] | I’ll will take that bear from her | 我会把那只熊从她身边拿走 |
[14:54] | and I will burn it in the biggest bonfire | 我会用你从没见过的最大的火把它烧掉 |
[14:56] | you have ever seen | |
[14:57] | if it will convince you to forget about what you saw | 这样就能确定让你忘记你所看见的 |
[15:01] | for the time being. Just forget about it | 把这一切都忘了吧 |
[15:03] | until it actually happens, | 直到真的发生了 |
[15:04] | if it actually happens, | 如果这真的发生了 |
[15:06] | till there’s something that we can do about it. | 那是我们再来做些什么 |
[15:26] | Do you have any idea what you’re asking of me?! | 你知道你在要求我怎么样吗?! |
[15:29] | How hard it would be for me just to pretend that everything’s fine?! | 这对我来说会是多么难 假装一切都很好?! |
[15:32] | I don’t know if I can! | 我不知道我是否能做到! |
[15:33] | Wait, wait. I’m not asking you to pretend. | 等等,等等 我没有在要求你假装 |
[15:36] | You’re missing the point. | 你没有理解到我的重点 |
[15:37] | I’m not asking you to pretend. | 我没有要求你在假装 |
[15:38] | Everything is fine. | 一切都很好 |
[15:41] | That’s how life works. | 这就是人生 |
[15:42] | Everything is fine until it isn’t, | 一切都很好直到它不好 |
[15:44] | and then you deal with it. | 然后你再来处理 |
[15:46] | Otherwise, there is no life. | 否则,就不是人生了 |
[15:48] | There’s just waiting to die. | 就只能坐着等死了 |
[15:57] | What the hell is Willow Elm? | Willow Elm是什么破东西? |
[16:00] | Huh? | 嗯> |
[16:01] | Willow Elm, what is that? | 什么东西? |
[16:02] | Some sort of a tree? | 某种树吗? |
[16:03] | Why are you looking up trees? | 你干嘛在找树? |
[16:06] | No, I wasn’t. | 不,我没有 |
[16:31] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[16:32] | It’s a quarter after 5:00. | 现在才5点一刻 |
[16:34] | Come back to bed. | 回去睡觉吧 |
[16:37] | I can’t sleep. | 我没法睡觉 |
[16:41] | I keep thinking about this kid. | 我一直在想着那个孩子 |
[16:44] | Met him at my NA meeting. | 在我的日常会议中见到的他 |
[16:45] | Asked me to be his sponsor. | 要求我成为他的保证人 |
[16:46] | He OD’d yesterday. | 他昨天吸食毒品过量死了 |
[16:48] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[16:53] | I have to call his folks and tell them. | 我必须打电话给他的亲属告诉他们 |
[16:55] | They’re back east in Delaware, two hours ahead of us. | 他们住在特拉华东部 比我们早两个小时的时差 |
[16:58] | I want to get them before they go to work. | 我想在他们去上班之前找到他们 |
[16:59] | I’m figuring 5:30 here, 7:30 there. | 我想这里的5点半就是那里的7点半 |
[17:06] | I’m dreading it. | 我很担心 |
[17:10] | I’ll sit with you. | 我陪你吧 |
[17:13] | I’ll help you through it. | 我会帮你渡过这次难关 |
[17:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:25] | DOCTOR: I’m afraid all we can really do | 我恐怕我们在这个时候 |
[17:27] | at this point is make her as comfortable as possible. | 所能做的就是让她尽可能感到舒服 |
[17:30] | What about more chemo? | 更多的化疗怎么样? |
[17:31] | I mean, I know it’s… it’s knocking her on her ass. | 我是说,我知道… 这等于雪上加霜 |
[17:35] | See, there’s a tipping point with the chemo, | 瞧,血细胞完全没有了 |
[17:38] | where the cure is worse than the disease | 治疗敌不过病毒 |
[17:41] | and we’ve passed that point, I’m afraid. | 恐怕我们不能再做化疗了 |
[17:43] | So what do we do? | 那我们该做什么? |
[17:45] | You gather your loved ones, | 你们把家人都聚集起来 |
[17:48] | and you say your good-byes. | 跟她告别吧 |
[18:01] | This is our fault, you know? | 这是我们的错,你知道吗? |
[18:04] | I knew it. I told you | 我就知道.我告诉过你 |
[18:06] | we should not have stayed in that house. | 我们不应该待在那幢屋子里面 |
[18:10] | (sobbing): We should not have stayed in that house. | 我们不应该待在那幢屋子里面 |
[18:19] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[18:21] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[18:23] | Actually, I’m good. | 实际上,我好得不得了 |
[18:26] | You’re right. None of it means anything | 你是对的.这一切什么都不是 |
[18:29] | until it’s clear what you can do to stop it. | 直到你明白你可以做什么来阻止它 |
[18:35] | What? | 什么? |
[18:37] | ????????? | 我们搬家 |
[18:42] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[18:43] | What is it exactly about this house | 这间屋子到底是怎么 |
[18:45] | that is going to make Marie sick? | 会让Marie生病的? |
[18:47] | Is this about mold? | 是和家具有关吗? |
[18:48] | Is this about radon? | 是和氡有关吗? |
[18:50] | It’s not like we’re close to any power lines. | 这不是我们已经到了最紧要的关头 |
[18:52] | I don’t know. What difference does it make? | 我不知道.有什么区别吗? |
[18:54] | What you need to know is we need to get our little girl out of here. | 你所要知道的是我们需要把我们 的小女孩弄出这里 |
[18:57] | We need to move. | 我们必须搬家 |
[18:57] | Allison, whoa! | Allison,哇哦! |
[18:59] | Do you understand what you’re saying: “move”? | 你明白你在说什么吗:”搬家”? |
[19:02] | It’s… it’s not that easy. | 这…这不是那么简单的 |
[19:04] | Finding a new house takes time. | 找一间新屋子需要时间 |
[19:06] | Selling the house that we have is going to take time. | 卖我们现在住的房子需要时间 |
[19:09] | I don’t even know what this place is worth. | 我甚至不知道这个地方值多少钱 |
[19:11] | People do it every day. | 人们每天都在这么做 |
[19:13] | Yeah, people do it every day, Allison, | 是啊,人们每天都在这么做,Allison |
[19:15] | but nobody does it in a day. | 但没有人能在一天就搞定 |
[19:20] | “Willow Elm.” | |
[19:22] | What? | 什么? |
[19:23] | Willow Elm’s the answer. | Willow Elm就是答案 |
[19:26] | Now what you’re walking through | 你们现在正在走过的 |
[19:27] | is the “Hacienda” model of Phase 3 here at Willow Elm. | 是在Willow Elm的三期”庄园”模型 |
[19:31] | We’ve got 108 acres here, | 我们在这里有108英亩的土地 |
[19:34] | over $400 million in construction… | 花费了40亿在建筑上… |
[19:38] | Bunford Properties’ biggest project to date. | Bunford Properties最大的项目已经启动了 |
[19:40] | Oh, beautiful kitchen, beautiful everything. | 哦,漂亮的厨房,漂亮的一切 |
[19:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:43] | Obviously, there’s all kinds of upgrades and options available. | 很明显,这里有各种升级选项 |
[19:47] | Take a look around. | 看看吧 |
[19:49] | Any of my salespeople will be happy to answer | 我这里的任何一名销售人员都会很乐意回答 |
[19:51] | any question you might have. | 你们或许会有的任何问题 |
[19:52] | And please, feel free to call me or e-mail me directly. | 如果有空的话,请直接打电话或 写电子邮件给我 |
[19:58] | It’s perfect. | 太好了 |
[20:00] | You don’t really know that. | 你还不知道呢 |
[20:00] | I mean, you can’t possibly know that. | 我是说,你不可能知道 |
[20:02] | You just spent 20 minutes in a model home. | 你就在那间模型房间里面待了20分钟 |
[20:05] | That hardly constitutes a thorough evaluation. | 那很难完全估计出那里的情况和价值 |
[20:07] | It’s Willow Elm. It’s perfect. | 就是Willow Elm了.实在太好了 |
[20:09] | It’s where we’re supposed to be. | 我们就应该在那里 |
[20:10] | Allison… What? | – 什么? |
[20:12] | we don’t even know if we can afford it. | 我们甚至不知道我们是否负担得起 |
[20:14] | It’s a house. It’s not an impulse buy. | 这是一间屋子 这不是一种购买冲动 |
[20:16] | It’s our child! | 是关乎我们的孩子! |
[20:17] | I know, I know, but we have everything we have worked for | 我知道,我知道 但我们以后做的一切事情 |
[20:20] | tied up in that house. | 都要用来偿还那间屋子 |
[20:22] | Now, wouldn’t the logical thing… figu out if | 现在,不应该有逻辑地来…想一下 |
[20:23] | No, the logical thing? | 什么,逻辑地想? |
[20:24] | The logical thing is this second. figu out if | 最逻辑的事情就是现在了 想一下 |
[20:26] | The instant you find out your child is in peril before we uproot the kids! | – 在你发现你的孩子已经很危险的那一刻 – 在我们把孩子们赶走之前! |
[20:29] | you do whatever you have to save them as quickly as you can | 你会尽可能快地做任何你必须做的 |
[20:32] | and you screw the money! It makes no sense! | – 而你却在乎钱了! – 这一切都毫无疑义! |
[20:35] | I don’t understand! | 我不明白! |
[20:37] | I don’t understand how you could treat all of this | 我不明白你怎么能那么对待这件事 |
[20:39] | as if it isn’t real. | 就好像这不是真的一样 |
[20:40] | We’re talking about our child’s life! | 我们在谈的可是我们孩子的生命! |
[20:43] | No, don’t do that! | 不,不要那么做了! |
[20:44] | Don’t do what?! Don’t act like | – 不要做什么?! – 不要表现的 |
[20:46] | I am sending our child off to a certain death | 我正在让我们的孩子去送死 |
[20:49] | just because I want to stop and take a breath | 就因为我想停下来喘口气 |
[20:51] | and see if any of this makes sense! | 看看这一切是否有意义! |
[20:53] | Make sense! Don’t do that, either, | – 有意义! – 也不要那么做 |
[20:56] | ’cause I am here! | 因为我就在这里! |
[20:58] | I took the morningoff work I am in this with you! | 我把一早的工作都丢下了 我和你一起在处理这件事情! |
[21:02] | Someone has to ask these questions! | 有人必须提出这些问题! |
[21:05] | Well, you do that, Joe. You ask those questions. | 好吧,你来,Joe 你来问那些问题 |
[21:12] | So I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[21:14] | Who’s going to call the Realtor? | 谁去打电话给房产经纪人? |
[21:18] | I don’t understand. What’s the mystery? | 我不明白 有什么神秘的? |
[21:20] | Kid was a drug addict. He died of an overdose. | 孩子有毒瘾.他死于毒品吸食过量 |
[21:22] | I know that. Just the same, | 我知道.就一样的 |
[21:24] | I need you to perform another autopsy. | 我需要你再做一次尸体解剖 |
[21:26] | Just because somebody wona free one during the silent auction | 就因为有人在今年沉寂的 |
[21:30] | at this year’s Police Fundraiser? | 警察基金中多拿一点吗? |
[21:32] | I knew this kid. | 我了解这个孩子 |
[21:33] | I called his folks after we found him. | 在我们找到他后我打电话给了他的家人 |
[21:34] | They made me promise. | 他们向我保证 |
[21:37] | The overdose thing– it just doesn’t add up for them. | 吸食过量的问题–他们无法接受 |
[21:39] | Wow, parents don’t believe their baby’s a junkie. | 哇哦,父母不相信他们的小孩是个瘾君子 |
[21:42] | There’s one I haven’t heard before. | 我之前倒是没有听说过 |
[21:44] | No, they knew their kid had a history, | 不,他们知道他们的孩子有毒瘾 |
[21:45] | but he’s also a medical student, very careful, very fastidious. | 但他也是名医学院学生 非常小心,非常专业的学生 |
[21:48] | They just don’t believe he wouldn’t know what he was taking | 他们只是不相信他会不知道他在吃什么 |
[21:50] | and how much to take. | 他应该吃多少 |
[21:51] | I see, so the city of Phoenix is going to pay for an autopsy | 我明白了,所以菲尼克斯城的警察 会支付这笔解剖的费用 |
[21:54] | to test the quality of a young, dead addict’s medical education. | 来检测一个年轻的,已经死了的 毒品上瘾的医学学生 |
[22:02] | Please? | 求你了? |
[22:06] | If we’re getting a new house, who’s gonna live here? | 如果我门有了新的房子 谁会住在这里? |
[22:10] | Excellent question. | 好问题 |
[22:11] | Oh, I spoke with a Realtor. | 哦,我跟一名房产经纪人说过了 |
[22:12] | She’s gonna stop by tomorrow and take a look, | 她会在明天开车过来看一下的 |
[22:14] | give us an appraisal. | 给我们估个价 |
[22:15] | Uh-huh. | 嗯嗯 |
[22:17] | So if me and Marie are getting our own rooms, | 那我和Marie会得到我们自己的房间 |
[22:22] | then maybe we should leave the bunk beds here | 然后或许我们应该把上下铺 的床留在这里 |
[22:23] | for whoever moves in, right? | 留给那个搬进来的人,是吗? |
[22:26] | I mean, they’re gonna have kids, too, right? | 我是说,他们也会有孩子的,是不是? |
[22:41] | I don’t think I can do it. | 我觉得我没法那么做 |
[22:42] | I don’t think I can sell a poisoned house. | 我觉得我没法卖一幢被毒化的房子 |
[22:49] | Look, truth be told, I don’t want to move. | 瞧,说实话,我不想搬 |
[22:53] | I don’t want to sell this house. | 我也不想卖掉这幢房子 |
[22:54] | I mean, I will if I have to, | 我是说,如果必须的话,我会搬 |
[22:55] | but just to play devil’s advocate, | 但也一定是受到了魔鬼的鼓吹 |
[22:58] | we don’t know for sure that it’s poisoned. | 我们还不知道是否确定这里被污染了 |
[23:00] | I mean, maybe it’s not poisoned yet. | 我是说,或许这里还没有被污染 |
[23:02] | Maybe that’s something that happens in the future. | 或许这是会在以后发生的事情 |
[23:06] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗? |
[23:06] | You really think that takes us off the hook? | 你真的认为那就能让我们脱身吗? |
[23:08] | Well, I don’t know, Allison. | 我不知道,Allison |
[23:10] | First you tell me we got to move | 首先是你告诉我我们要搬家 |
[23:12] | because our daughter’s going to get sick and die, | 因为我们女儿会生病死去 |
[23:14] | and then you tell me that you don’t want to move | 然后你又告诉我你不想搬家 |
[23:15] | because you can’t bear the thought | 因为你无法承受 |
[23:16] | of somebody else getting sick and dying. | 有其他人会生病死去的情况 |
[23:18] | Just tell me which side you want me to take in this argument | 你只要告诉我在这次争论中 你到底想让我站在哪边 |
[23:21] | ’cause I can’t seem to find one thatorks. | 因为我看来无法找到正确的一边 |
[23:24] | We cannot afford to move | 我们无法承担搬家的费用 |
[23:26] | unless and until we sell this house. | 除非直到我们卖掉这幢房子 |
[23:29] | Do you understand that? | 你明白吗? |
[23:32] | We can’t, in good conscience, | 我们不能,昧着良心 |
[23:34] | sell this house | 把这幢房子卖掉 |
[23:35] | not to a family with small children, | 不能卖给带着小孩子的家庭 |
[23:37] | not to anyone. | 不能卖给任何人 |
[23:39] | God, I hate this! | 上帝,我真恨这一切! |
[23:40] | I’m sorry. I don’t share your sense of unlimited responsibility | 我很抱歉.我不赞同你从一开始 |
[23:43] | for absolutely everything from now until the end of time. | 一直到结束的对一切的那种 无限制的责任感 |
[23:46] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[23:48] | When we bought this house | 当我们买这幢房子的时候 |
[23:49] | it was, to the best of our knowledge and to the knowledge | 我们是完全知道,而且卖给我们房子的人 |
[23:51] | of the people who sold it to us, clean. | 也完全明白,房子是很干净的 |
[23:53] | It may very well be that it is still clean. | 或许现在还是非常干净 |
[23:55] | As a homeowner, I got a responsibility | 作为屋主,我有责任 |
[23:57] | to make sure that the house stays clean, | 确保这幢房子还是很干净的 |
[24:00] | to test it from time to time to make repairs, adjustments… | 不时进行测试来进行修改,调整… |
[24:03] | Okay, where are you going with this? | 好吧,那你打算怎么处理这件事情? |
[24:04] | We’ll get the house tested. | 我们把这房子去检查一下 |
[24:06] | We’ll call someone in. | 我们把人叫进来 |
[24:07] | We’ll have them test the house for everything. | 我们让他们对这幢房子进行所有的测试 |
[24:09] | We’ll do everything we can to make sure the house is safe to sell. | 我们会做一切能做的来确保 这幢房子是很安全的再卖掉 |
[24:13] | I think that’s all that anyone can expect. | 我想那是所有任何人都能指望的 |
[24:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:20] | Or we stay. | 或者我们就留下来 |
[24:22] | And we never speak another word about it. | 我们也再也不会跟任何其他人说起 这件事情 |
[24:28] | I don’t understand. I heard he died of a drug overdose. | 我不明白.我听说他死于吸食毒品过量 |
[24:30] | Really? Is that what you heard, huh? | 真的吗?你就是那么听说的,嗯? |
[24:33] | I’m just telling you. | 我只是这么跟你一说 |
[24:36] | There it is, Detective. | 就是这个,侦探 |
[24:38] | Thanks, I’ll try and bring it back with a full tank of gas. | 谢谢,我会把它干净地换回来的 |
[25:15] | I have been waiting for days, Doctor! | 我已经等了很多天了,医生! |
[25:18] | Mrs. Dubois, as my staff has repeatedly explained to you, | Dubois夫人,我的人已经再三跟你解释过 |
[25:23] | hospital hours are for surgeries and follow-ups. | 医院时间是给外科手术和那些重复的工作的 |
[25:25] | Office hours are for meetings and consults. | 办公室时间是给开会和咨询的 |
[25:28] | Now, as soon as I have some office hours free, | 现在,只要我一有空余的办公室时间 |
[25:30] | my staff will call you to set up a meeting. | 我的人会打电话给你一起见次面 |
[25:33] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m on my way to surgery. | 现在,如果你能借过一下的话 我正要去做外科手术呢 |
[25:36] | I’m sorry. My daughter is dead, and you killed her! | 我很抱歉,我的女儿死了 是你杀死了她! |
[25:40] | Would you say that is more | 你还是说那有很多重复的工作 |
[25:41] | of a follow-up or would that be an office visit? | 还是会有一个正式的拜访呢? |
[25:44] | Mrs. Dubois, you are violating the restraining order. | Dubois夫人,你在干扰正常的工作秩序 |
[25:46] | Fine. Call the police. | 很好,那就打电话给警察吧 |
[25:49] | I don’t want to call the police. | 我不想打电话给警察 |
[25:52] | Honestly, all of this is unnecessary. | 老实说,这一切都是多余的 |
[25:56] | I told you how sorry I am. | 我已经跟你说过我很遗憾了 |
[25:58] | I-I explained | 我-我解释了 |
[25:59] | that we did everything that we could. | 我们已经做了一切能做的 |
[26:01] | Well, see, I don’t see it that way! | 哦,瞧,我就不这么认为! |
[26:03] | You were there from the beginning. | 你从一开始就在那里 |
[26:05] | You knew what was happening! | 你知道发生了什么事情! |
[26:07] | How many more people are going to die because of you?! | 还有多少更多的人会因为你而死去?! |
[26:10] | Mrs. Dubois, | Dubois夫人 |
[26:11] | this has to stop. | 你必须停止这样做 |
[26:13] | If you’d like to contact me, | 如果你想和我联系 |
[26:14] | I’m going to insist you do so through my attorney. | 我会坚持让你去跟我的律师联系 |
[26:26] | Someone looks unhappy. | 有人看起来很不开心 |
[26:29] | Mm, let’s review. | 嗯,让我们回顾一下 |
[26:32] | As of today, our youngest daughter has been given | 今天,我们最小的女儿已经检查出 |
[26:34] | an absolutely clean bill of health; | 绝对地健康了 |
[26:37] | our house has also been given a clean bill of health; | 我们的房子也已经检查出绝对没有污染 |
[26:41] | our real estate broker just this evening has assured us | 我们的不动产经纪人今天晚上 刚刚跟我们保证 |
[26:46] | that we can almost certainly get enough for our present home | 我们几乎可以肯定从现在的房子 中得到足够的钱 |
[26:49] | to begin 30 years of new debt on the one in Willow Elm. | 来开始偿还在Willow Elm的新房子 的长达30年的新贷款 |
[26:55] | Have I skipped anything? | 我有没有漏了什么? |
[26:56] | Left any bad news out? | 把什么坏消息漏掉了? |
[27:05] | What if I’m wrong about everything? | 如果我把一切都弄错了呢? |
[27:07] | Wow, a moment of self-doubt. | 哇哦,一瞬间的自我怀疑 |
[27:11] | That’s new. That’s different. | 真是新鲜事.有点不同了 |
[27:15] | I kind of like it. | 我有点喜欢 |
[27:17] | You’re joking. I’m serious. | 你是在开玩笑,我是认真的 |
[27:21] | What if I make us go through all of this moving, | 如果我让我们历经一切完成搬家 |
[27:24] | making new friends, | 去交新的朋友 |
[27:26] | shaking everything up when I was already just fine, | 在我其实没事的时候 只是把一切重新打散再组合起来 |
[27:31] | and it’s all for nothing? | 而这一切都是徒劳呢? |
[27:32] | Then we’ll just have to tough it out. | 那我们只能继续坚持了 |
[27:34] | You know, bigger bathrooms, nicer bedrooms, | 你知道,更大的浴室,更好的卧室 |
[27:38] | modern kitchen. | 现代厨房 |
[27:41] | And if at some point I can free our daughters | 如果在某个时候我可以把我们的女儿们 |
[27:45] | from the torture that is the community pool, | 放到那个公共泳池里面去折磨一番 |
[27:49] | perhaps we’ll find a way forgive you. | 或许我们就可以原谅你的所作所为 |
[27:52] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[27:58] | SCANLON: New house? That’s exciting. | 新房子?真是让人兴奋 |
[27:59] | Yeah, I got to drop off all the signed paperwork | 是啊,我必须在一个小时内 |
[28:01] | at the sales office in an hour. | 在销售办公室签完所有的文书 |
[28:03] | I mean, we still have to sell our old place. | 我是说,我们还是需要把我们的 老房子给卖掉 |
[28:05] | We still have to get our loan. | 我们还是必须得到我们的贷款 |
[28:07] | Or we could still fall through. | 否则我们还是会一切落空 |
[28:09] | No, I can see how busy you are. I appreciate you doing this. | 我可以看到你是多么的忙 我会很感激你来做这个 |
[28:13] | I’m happy to see whoever you like, | 我很高兴来见见你要我见的人 |
[28:15] | just don’t be surprised if I come up empty. | 但如果我一无所获请不要惊讶 |
[28:18] | Now, who’s this again? | 这次又是谁? |
[28:19] | Gary’s roommate. | Gary的室友 |
[28:20] | He’s finally back in town. | 他终于回城了 |
[28:21] | I asked him to come down | 我让他过来 |
[28:22] | see if he could shed some light. | 看看他是否能指出一些新进展 |
[28:24] | Nice kid. Pretty upset. | 很好的孩子.但很难过 |
[28:26] | Apparently, they were very close. | 很明显,他们非常亲密 |
[28:29] | This is the woman from the District Attorney’s office I told you about. | 这位就是我跟你说过的 在地检官办公室工作的女士 |
[28:32] | She’s helping me with the case. | 她来帮我一起处理这个案子 |
[28:34] | Allison Dubois, David Channing. | 这位是Allison Dubois 这位是David Channing |
[28:37] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[28:38] | Doctor… | 医生… |
[28:43] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[28:44] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[28:47] | You just bear an uncanny resemblance to a doctor I know, | 你只是很像一个我认识的医生 |
[28:50] | an oncologist. | 一个肿瘤专家 |
[28:52] | Of course, he’s a bit older than you. | 当然,他要比你老一点 |
[28:54] | He could almost be your father. | 他都可以做你的父亲了 |
[28:56] | He’s not my father. My father’s a postman. | 他不会是我的父亲.我父亲是个邮差 |
[29:00] | Now, look, David is a medical student. | 现在,瞧,David是个医学院学生 |
[29:03] | Yeah, although I don’t think oncology’s in my future. | 是啊,尽管我不认为我以后会学肿瘤学 |
[29:07] | I don’t think I’d enjoy knowing | 我觉得我不会享受 |
[29:09] | that everyone who came to see me most likely | 那些过来见我的每个人都几乎 |
[29:10] | already had a fatal disease, you know? | 已经得了一种致命的疾病的,你明白吗? |
[29:15] | But you never know. | 但你永远也不会知道 |
[29:16] | Yeah, you never know. | 是啊,你永远也不会知道 |
[29:20] | I really have to get these across town. | 我真的必须穿过整个城去弄这些东西了 |
[29:23] | Of course. I just wanted you guys to meet. | 当然.我只是想让你们两个见见面 |
[29:25] | Uh, give me a second to walk her out. | 呃,给我一会儿时间把她送出去 |
[29:30] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[29:32] | Talk to me. What’d you see? | 跟我说说.你见到了什么? |
[29:34] | It’s nothing. | 什么也没有 |
[29:34] | Nothing that applies to this case. | 没有什么适用于这个案子 |
[29:36] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[29:37] | You saw him, you turned white as a ghost. | 你看见他后,脸色白的跟个鬼一样 |
[29:39] | It’s nothing. | 没什么 |
[29:40] | It’s personal. | 只是些私人事情 |
[29:42] | A really weird coincidence. | 一个真的很怪异的巧合 |
[29:44] | I really got to go. | 我真的要走了 |
[29:46] | All right, I apprecia it. | 好吧,我还是很感谢你 |
[29:47] | Sorry it was all for naught. | 很抱歉我什么忙也帮不上 |
[29:50] | Are you aware that Gary had a history with narcotics? | 你知道Gary有吸食毒品的历史吗? |
[29:52] | Yeah, we were friends. | 是啊,我们可是朋友 |
[29:54] | I mean, we lived together. We went to med school together. | 我是说,我们住在一起 我们一起上的医学院 |
[29:58] | Of course, I knew. | 我当然知道 |
[30:00] | I mean, it wasn’t something he bragged about. | 我是说,这并不是什么 他可以自吹自擂的事情 |
[30:04] | Although, I think he took a lot of pride | 可是,我以为他认为他能 |
[30:06] | in the fact he was able to put it behind him. | 把这一切都戒掉是值得骄傲的 |
[30:10] | At least he said that he had. | 至少他是那么说的 |
[30:12] | I thought that he had. | 我以为他已经戒掉了 |
[30:17] | Gary mentioned you guys met working in a lab last summer. | Gary提到过你们是在去年夏天 一家实验室工作的时候认识的 |
[30:20] | Yeah. Lab tech work; | 是啊,做一些实验室技术工作 |
[30:23] | like, petri dish cultures, things like that. | 就像,做些瓶瓶罐罐之类的事情 |
[30:26] | Do any work with lab rats? | 有没有做一些和老鼠有关的试验? |
[30:29] | Sure, we did everything with lab rats. | 当然,我们的实验都用老鼠来做 |
[30:31] | You personally? | 你亲自来做的? |
[30:33] | Yeah, that’s what they paid us to do. | 是啊,那都是他们付钱让我们来做的 |
[30:35] | You know, a big client comes in with a… chemical, | 你知道,一个大客户进来…带着 一种化学物质 |
[30:38] | something they want to put in a food dye or something, | 一些他们想放在食品染料或其他 东西里面的物质 |
[30:42] | and they want to see if it’s safe, | 他们想知道这是否安全 |
[30:43] | so you-you inject the rats with it | 所以你-你把它们注射进老鼠体内 |
[30:46] | and then you wait… and see if they die. | 然后你就等着…看看它们是否会死 |
[30:49] | Of course, if they’re lucky enough to live, | 当然,如果它们幸运活下来了 |
[30:51] | we dissect them anyway; | 我们还是会把它们解剖开来 |
[30:54] | make sure they didn’t have anything wrong with them | 确保它们的体内也没有 |
[30:55] | on the inside. | 任何的异变 |
[30:56] | It was… it was a fun summer. | 这是…这真是一个有意思的夏天 |
[30:58] | Do you remember what chemical you were testing? | 你还记得你测试的是什么化学物吗? |
[31:02] | I remember that it didn’t kill the rats. | 反正我记得它没有杀死老鼠 |
[31:05] | Now what’s all this about anyway? | 你问的这一切有什么关系吗? |
[31:08] | We found a jar with three dead rats in it in the back of Gary’s car. | 我们在Gary的车子里面 找到了一个装有3只死老鼠的广口瓶 |
[31:12] | Wow. That’s weird. | 哇哦,那真是太奇怪了 |
[31:14] | That doesn’t sound like Gary, | 那听起来真不像是Gary |
[31:17] | not that I know what he’s like. | 起码不像我认识的他 |
[31:18] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[31:19] | I just figured they must have come from the lab you guys worked at. | 我只是发现它们一定是从你们 工作的实验室里面拿出来的 |
[31:23] | I don’t know. I kind of doubt that. | 我不知道.我也很想知道是怎么回事 |
[31:25] | These are industrial clients, big companies. | 来的这些都是工业客户,大公司的 |
[31:29] | They need to be sure their product’s safe; | 他们需要确保他们的产品很安全 |
[31:30] | all the rats tagged and numbered. | 所有的老鼠都被标上标签 都是有数目的 |
[31:33] | We have to document everything we do to each and every one of them. | 我们必须对它们每一只 都进行我们所有可以做的记录 |
[31:36] | I mean, it wasn’t like you could bring them home as pets or… | 我是说,你是不可能把它们带回家 作为宠物或是… |
[31:41] | I just figured it out. | 我刚刚发现 |
[31:42] | You’re the guy that Gary was always talking about. | 你就是Gary一直在说的那个家伙 |
[31:44] | The, uh, the cop that was his sponsor. | 那个,呃,是他保证人的那个警察 |
[31:50] | He liked you. He trusted you. | 他喜欢你 他信任你 |
[31:53] | I think he would have wanted you to know that. | 我觉得他很想让你知道 |
[31:58] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[31:59] | Mr. Dubois, nice to see you again. | Dubois夫人,很高兴又看见你 |
[32:03] | Well, my husband and I talked about it. | 我的丈夫和我谈过了 |
[32:04] | We decided we’d like to move forward. | 我们决定尽快搬进来 |
[32:06] | So I want to bring the application | 所以我想把申请表 |
[32:08] | and our thousand- dollar deposit. | 和我们的千元保证金带过来 |
[32:10] | Fantastic. Sit down. | 太好了,请坐 |
[32:14] | We put our house up on the market, | 我们已经把我们的房子放到市场上去了 |
[32:15] | and my husband’s sitting down | 我的丈夫今晚 |
[32:17] | with the mortgage broker tonight. | 会和抵押经纪人一起坐下谈谈 |
[32:19] | Again, I want to emphasize that for us, spd is of the essence. | 再一次,我想强调的是 速度是最重要的 |
[32:22] | We need to move as quickly as possible. | 我们想尽可能快地搬家 |
[32:25] | All right, then. | 那好 |
[32:26] | It sounds serious. | 听起来真的挺严重的 |
[32:28] | Let me dig out our construction pgress list, | 让我把我们的建筑都给你列张表出来 |
[32:31] | see which houses are closest to cometion, | 看看哪幢房子是最近的 |
[32:33] | take you on a little tour. | 让你只要走一点路就到了 |
[32:39] | The Sheldons are closing on a three-bedroom. | Sheldons看中了一幢3个卧室的房子 |
[32:57] | My husband and I just bought a t-bedroom unit ourselves. | 我的丈夫和我刚买了一套2间卧室 的单元给自己 |
[32:59] | And do youave kids? | 你有孩子吗? |
[33:00] | Because this is a terrific school district here. | 因为这里是一个很棒的学校区 |
[33:10] | Mrs. Duboi are you all right? | Duboi夫人,你还好吗? |
[33:13] | Can I get you something? | 要不要我给你点什么东西? |
[33:14] | Maybe a glass of water. | 或许是一杯水 |
[33:37] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[33:40] | I don’t know if you’re aware of it, | 我不知道你是否知道 |
[33:41] | but you got about 55 “While youout” slips taped to your cubicle wall. | 但你在你的卧室墙上有55张 “你正在外出”的纸条 |
[33:45] | I think you ought to call your husband. | 我觉得你应该打电话给你的丈夫 |
[33:48] | Yeah, I will. I just needed to be alone for a little bit. | 是啊,我会的,我只是需要单独静一会儿 |
[33:52] | So now wouldn’t be a good time to ask you a question? | 所以现在如果来问你问题 看来不是个好时候啊? |
[33:54] | Well, I probably just made the biggest mistake of my life; | 我可能刚刚做了一个一生中 最大的错误 |
[33:57] | put my husband and my kids through hell, | 让我的丈夫和孩子们都经历了一场灾难 |
[34:00] | at the very least lost a thousand-dollar deposit. | 还不算损失了那1000美元的保证金 |
[34:03] | Go ahead. Shoot. | 继续,说吧 |
[34:06] | You ever heard of chlorahydrofromaid? | 你有没有听说过水合氯醛衍生物? |
[34:08] | Why? You want to borrow some? | 为什么这么问?你想借一点吗? |
[34:12] | Turns out Gary worked as a lab tech last summer. | 我们发现Gary去年夏天还是名实验室老师 |
[34:15] | He and David Channing were involved in a toxicity study of this chlorahydrofromaid. | 他和David Channing涉及到一起关于 这个水合氯醛衍生物的毒性研究中 |
[34:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:20] | Apparently, it’s some kind of industrial byproduct. | 很明显,这是某种工业副产品 |
[34:22] | Anyway, a small legion of rats gave their lives | 总之,有一小群老鼠用它们的生命 |
[34:24] | to demonstrate that the stuff’s harmless. | 来验证了那种东西是无害的 |
[34:26] | Here’s the weird part. | 奇怪的地方在这里 |
[34:28] | The company that commissioned the lab test | 那个委任实验室做测试的公司 |
[34:29] | is some outfit called, uh… “Bunford Properthes.” | 对外宣称的名字是,呃… |
[34:34] | Bunford Properties– your developer. | 你们的开发商 |
[34:36] | Apparently, they found trace amounts of this chlorahydrofromaid | 很明显,他们发现了一些这个 水合氯醛衍生物 |
[34:38] | in the wells they dug to supply water to the place. | 在他们要挖的供给 这个地方的水管里面 |
[34:41] | Oh, my God. | 哦,我的上帝 |
[34:42] | Not to worry, ’cause like I said, according to the tests | 别担心,因为就像我所说的,根据测试 |
[34:44] | that Gary and his friend David Channing conducted, | Gary和他的朋友David Channing 已经证明了 |
[34:45] | the stuff’s completely harmless. | 这种东西是完全无害的 |
[34:48] | Of course, nobody asked the three dead rats | 当然,没有人问过那3只 |
[34:50] | I found in Gary’s car. | 我在Gary车里发现的死老鼠 |
[34:51] | They might feel differently. | 它们或许感觉就不太相同了 |
[34:56] | Of course. | 当然 |
[34:58] | It was never our old house that was going to make Marie sick. | 不是我们的老房子让Marie生病的 |
[35:02] | It’s Willow Elm. | 是Willow Elm |
[35:03] | Willow Elm is the answer. | Willow Elm才是答案 |
[35:06] | I was just asking the wrong question. | 我只是问错了问题 |
[35:09] | Mr. Bunford? | Bunford先生? |
[35:11] | Yes? | 什么事? |
[35:12] | Mr. Bunford, my name is Manuel Devalos. | Bunford先生,我是Manuel Devalos |
[35:14] | I’m the District Attorney for the city of Phoenix. | 我是菲尼克斯城的地检官 |
[35:16] | This is Detective Lee Scanlon with Phoenix PD. | 这位是菲尼克斯城 警察局的Lee Scanlon侦探 |
[35:19] | Do you mind if we ask you a couple of questions? | 你介意我们问你一些问题吗? |
[35:21] | About? | 关于什么的? |
[35:22] | Chlorahydrofromaid. | 水合氯醛衍生物 |
[35:24] | Well, what about it? | 那怎么了? |
[35:26] | It’s old news. | 那是老新闻了 |
[35:28] | Apparently some small quantities had seeped into the aquifer– | 显然有一些微量渗透进了蓄水层– |
[35:31] | the water supply. | 供给水里面 |
[35:32] | We did some testing. | 我们已经作了一些测试 |
[35:34] | The quantities and the chemical itself, for that matter, pose no threat to anyone. | 这些数量和化学物本身 对任何人都不会起任何作用 |
[35:38] | Is there anything else I can help you with? | 我还能帮你们什么忙吗? |
[35:40] | Good Lord, what is that? | 上帝,那是什么? |
[35:42] | Rats. | 老鼠 |
[35:43] | Yeah, I can see that. | 是啊,我可以看出来 |
[35:44] | Rats that, according to the city medical examiner, | 那些老鼠,根据市医学检查中心检测 |
[35:47] | suffered from abnormally low white blood cell counts. | 因为反常的过低白细胞而死亡 |
[35:50] | Their platelets and red blood cells were destroyed. | 它们的血小板和血红细胞都被破坏了 |
[35:53] | They died of leukemia, | 它们死于白血病 |
[35:54] | leukemia brought on by exposure to massive doses chlorahydrofromaid. | 因为被注射了大量的水合氯醛衍生物 而导致的白血病 |
[36:00] | Says you. | 是你说的 |
[36:03] | Thanks for stopping by, gentlemen. | 先生们,感谢你们顺道拜访 |
[36:05] | If you have any further questions, | 如果你们还有其他的问题 |
[36:06] | feel free to call my attorney. | 有空就给我的律师打电话吧 |
[36:09] | Does the name Gary Albright ring a bell? | 你听说过一个叫Gary Albright的人吗? |
[36:13] | What part of “m not answering your questions” | “我不会再回答你们的任何问题了” |
[36:17] | did you not hear? | 你没有听见吗? |
[36:18] | Mr. Albright w found dead in his apartment. | 我们发现Albright先生死在了他的寓所里 |
[36:20] | We’re investigating it asossible homicide. | 我们正在调查相关的杀人犯 |
[36:22] | ok. He was one of the technicians | 好吧 他是执行你们刚才所说的 |
[36:24] | that performed the tests you ordere | 那个测试的其中一名技术人员 |
[36:26] | That jar was found among his personal effects. | 那个广口瓶是从他的 私人物品中找到的 |
[36:29] | Gentlemen… | 先生们… |
[36:30] | We suspect that these rats died part of the test | 我们怀疑这些老鼠是死于 |
[36:33] | that your company ordered onts water supply. | 你们要求对供给水作的测试的一部分 |
[36:35] | Wehink that when Mr. Albright and his lab partner David Channg | 我们觉得那时Albright先生和他的 实验室拍档David Channg |
[36:38] | came to you and told you that chlahydrofromaid tested as a carcinogen, | 过来找你告诉你 那个水合氯醛衍生物被检测出是致癌物质 |
[36:42] | ????????? | 然后要求对此进行再一次的检测 |
[36:46] | We’re guessing you paid them to get the results you wted, | 我们猜你付钱给了他们 得到你想要的结果 |
[36:48] | the results you needed to get permission to build here. | 你需要获得在这里造房子许可的结果 |
[36:50] | Honestly, I’ve never met this Gary. | 老实说,我从来没有见过这个Gary |
[36:52] | I wouldn’t know him if I fell over him. | 即使我见到过他我也不认识他 |
[36:55] | Yeah. Well, we think Gary had a change of heart. | 是啊,我们觉得Gary改变了心意 |
[36:58] | We think he decided he couldn’t live with what he’d done. | 我们认为他决定无法 因为他所做的一切而继续活下去 |
[37:01] | He decided to come forward | 他决定拿着 |
[37:03] | with proof of the cover-up he perpetrated. | 这些被掩盖的证据站出来 |
[37:06] | Hey, folks, I’m just finishing up a tour with these gentlemen. | 嘿,伙计们,我刚刚结束了和这些 先生们的会谈 |
[37:09] | If you’ll step inside the model home, | 如果你们走进里面的样板房 |
[37:11] | I’ll be with you in a minute. | 我会一会儿和你们见面 |
[37:17] | So what are you saying? I killed this fellow? | 你们到底在说什么? 我杀死了这个家伙? |
[37:20] | Gentlemen, if you have a problem with the veracity of the lab’s findings, | 先生们,如果你们对实验室的 结果有任何问题 |
[37:24] | then you need to investigate the lab. | 那你们需要去调查那间实验室 |
[37:26] | I’m just a guy who builds and sells houses. | 我只是个建造和销售这些房子的人 |
[37:29] | And really, that’s what I need to do. | 说真的,我必须去做事了 |
[37:37] | Thanks, man. I’ll see you next week. | 谢谢你.我们下周再见 |
[37:39] | Yeah, same time, same place? Yeah. | 是啊,老时间,老地点? 是啊 |
[37:41] | Hey, Channing, what you doing? | 嘿,Channing,你在干嘛? |
[37:50] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[37:52] | Sure, sure. | 当然,当然 |
[37:54] | I’m, I’m happy to talk. | 我,我很乐意跟你谈谈 |
[37:57] | I don’t know what there really is to talk about. | 我其实不知道有什么可以谈的 |
[38:00] | Take it easy. I’m not here as a cop. | 放松.我不是作为警察来这里的 |
[38:03] | Just think of me as a concerned f friend. | 就把我当作是一个关心你的朋友吧 |
[38:12] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[38:13] | Yeah, I am. I’m fine. | 是的,我很好 |
[38:14] | ‘Cause, uh, when you came to see me the other day, | 因为,呃,你那天来见我的时候 |
[38:16] | I though you looked kind of anxious. | 我觉得你看起来很担心 |
[38:18] | Then, now you actually look kind of sick, | 然后,你现在看起来好像是生病的样子 |
[38:22] | you know? You sick, Channing? | 你知道吗?你生病了,Channing? |
[38:25] | No. | 没有 |
[38:26] | Maybe you need to get high. | 或许你需要再嗨一点 |
[38:28] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[38:30] | I don’t think it was the job | 我觉得在去年夏天 |
[38:31] | that brought you and Gary together last summer. | 不是那份工作把你和Gary联系到了一起 |
[38:34] | I think it might have been something else. | 我觉得或许是什么其他的东西 |
[38:38] | No? You feel good? | 不是吗?你感觉很好吗? |
[38:42] | Great. | 很好 |
[38:44] | Let’s go down to headquarters | 那我们一起去总部 |
[38:45] | and talk for a couple hours. | 谈几个小时 |
[38:47] | Whoa, Detective, wait. | 哇哦,侦探,等等 |
[38:48] | What are you doing?! | What are you doing? 你在干嘛?! 你在干嘛? |
[38:52] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[38:53] | Assaulting a peace officer, Channing? | 袭击一名警官吗,Channing? |
[38:55] | I barely touched you! | 我都没有碰到你! |
[38:59] | You’re jonesing harder than I thought. | 你比我想像的上瘾的更厉害 |
[39:03] | You, you said… you were here as a friend. | 你,你说过…你是作为一个朋友来这里的 |
[39:08] | I am… | 我是… |
[39:10] | a friend of Gary’s. | 作为Gary的朋友 |
[39:16] | Okay, okay. | 好吧,好吧 |
[39:17] | You’re right. | You’re right. 你是对的.你是对的 |
[39:18] | I have a problem. I do, | 我是有问题.我有 |
[39:21] | but I need, I need help, Detective, you know? | 但我需要,我需要帮助 侦探,你知道吗? |
[39:23] | I need real help. | 我真的需要帮助 |
[39:27] | I want to get clean, you know? | 我需要清白,你知道吗? |
[39:29] | I want to kick it… | 我想戒掉的… |
[39:31] | and I want to help you try… | 我想帮你找出… |
[39:33] | try to figure out | 找出 |
[39:34] | whatever really happened to Gary, I swear. | Gary到底发生了什么事情,我发誓 |
[39:37] | You just… | 你就… |
[39:41] | just unlock these cuffs. | 帮我把这些手铐解开 |
[39:42] | Let me have just a little taste to make me right, | 让我吸点那玩意儿来感觉好点 |
[39:45] | and then we can… | 然后我们就可以… |
[39:48] | you know, I can get right, and then we can talk. | 你知道,我就可以感觉好点 然后我们就可以谈谈了 |
[39:50] | That’s good, Channing. | 那很好,Channing |
[39:53] | You sound really sincere. | 你听起来真的很真诚 |
[39:54] | Let me just, uh… | 让我就,呃… |
[39:58] | No, I can’t seem to find that key. | 不,我看来找不到钥匙了 |
[40:01] | No, I guess I’ll have to call over to headquarters | 不,我猜我必须打电话去总部 |
[40:02] | and get them to send over another one. | 让他们把另外一把送过来 |
[40:05] | Looks like we could be here for a while. | 看起来我们可以在这里待一会儿 |
[40:09] | You can’t do that. | 你不能那么做 |
[40:10] | That… it’s kidnapping. | 那…是绑架 |
[40:11] | How long can you hold out, you know? | 你可以坚持多久,你知道吗? |
[40:13] | ????as you think. | 没你想像的长 |
[40:16] | Look at you. You’re a mess. | 看看你,真是糟透了 |
[40:19] | Well… | 好吧… |
[40:22] | if I tell you what you want to hear then…? | 如果我告诉你你想听的那…? |
[40:24] | You’ll find that I can be a very understanding man. | 你会发现其实我是个很明事理的男人 |
[40:26] | Compassionate, even. | 非常有同情心 |
[40:28] | After all, I’ve been there myself. | 毕竟,我是一个人来的这里 |
[40:37] | So why’d you kill him? | 你到底为什么要杀死他? |
[40:42] | Hmm? ‘Cause he was calling me? | 嗯?因为他打电话给过我? |
[40:46] | ‘Cause he was starting to realize | 因为他开始意识到 |
[40:47] | that taking the money from Bunford | 从Bunford那里拿到的钱 |
[40:48] | wasn’t going to make up for | 不足以弥补 |
[40:50] | all the innocent people that were going to get sick and die? | 所有那些会生病死亡的无辜的人们? |
[40:54] | All the children… | 所有那些孩子们… |
[40:58] | Take your time. I’m in no hurry. | 你好好想想吧.我不着急 |
[41:05] | Girls, breakfast! | 姑娘们,吃早饭了! |
[41:09] | All right, listen to this. | 好了,听这段 |
[41:11] | “Convicted developer Albert Bunford faces | “开发商Albert Bunford被宣告有罪 |
[41:13] | a total of 245 years of prison time.” | 要面对整整245年的监狱生活” |
[41:16] | Whoo! | 呼! |
[41:18] | True confessions? | 要我说实话吗? |
[41:21] | I love this house, | 我爱这座房子 |
[41:22] | but I was actually starting | 但我真的 |
[41:23] | to get a little excited about moving. | 开始很期待搬家了 |
[41:25] | Oh, really? | 哦,真的吗? |
[41:26] | Yeah, something about a bathroom with two sinks, | 是啊,搬到一个有两个水槽的浴室 |
[41:29] | a community pool… | 一个公共游泳池的房子… |
[41:33] | Maybe in our next life, huh? | 或许在我们的下辈子,嗯? |
[41:35] | “Our next life.” I like that. | “我们的下辈子”我喜欢你这么说 |
[41:38] | You get an extra piece of French tot. | 你能得到一块额外的法国土司 |
[41:40] | Yum! | 好吃! |
[41:42] | Girls! | 姑娘们! |
[41:45] | It looks like a Frankenstein bear. | 这看起来像是个作法自毙的熊 |
[41:47] | No, it doesn’t. | 不,这不是 |
[41:48] | I got some needle and thread and stitched Mr. Snookie. | 我找到了一些针线来缝好Snookie先生 |
[41:50] | JOE: Look at that excellent job, Ariel. | 看看那完美的杰作,Ariel |
[41:53] | He looks good as new. | 它看起来跟新的一样 |
[41:54] | He does. | 的确是 |
[41:56] | (grunts) Everything’s good as new. | 一切都像新的一样好 |