时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Did you know what she looks like ? | 你知道她长什么样吗? |
[00:03] | Of course not know she looks like! | 我当然知道她长什么样 |
[00:05] | i am not the psychic who knows the girl in your dreams looks like | 我如果连你梦里的女孩长什么样都不知道 又怎么能做心灵师呢 |
[00:12] | she is blonde,?and very flexible! really! | – 她是金发碧眼的运动型,身体柔韧性非常好! – 真的? 我通常不太会注意身体方面 |
[00:21] | i don’t know what to tell you | 我不知道怎么跟你说 |
[00:22] | i just cann’t do it | 我只是一种沟通渠道 |
[00:24] | this is the universe talk | 这是跟上帝的对话 |
[00:26] | and the universe told me that you are going to meet a girl | 上帝告诉我你会遇见一个女孩 |
[00:30] | oh,10 MIN up. | 哦,祝你好运,运动型,你的10分钟到了 你为什么不去借借看你妈妈的信用卡 然后回电话给我,好吗? 当然可以,Michael – 我现在是休息时间 – 你说休息时间是什么意思? 你又不是在商场里面上班 哪有什么休息时间 我现在是休息时间,伙计 听着,我遇到了一件诉讼 你不是经常会遇到吗 你想让我嫁祸到别人头上去,我会的 再来一次吧,亲爱的 你好,感谢你打电话给心灵师 |
[01:22] | Thank you for calling PSYLINE. | |
[01:24] | Your personal phone psychic is on | 你的私人电话心灵师已经准备好 帮你打开和心灵师世界的通道了 |
[01:26] | and ready to open up the portals of the psychic universe. | |
[01:30] | Michael.is that you? | Michael,是你吗? 感谢上帝.我是Tanya King King小姐!巴黎之行怎么样? 哦,Michael… King小姐,你可以说我在胡说 但我感觉到了 一些不好的能量 发生了什么事吗? 是…是Gregory 我失去他了 你在开玩笑吗! 我觉得你这样说玩笑就开大了 他死了,Michael 他被谋杀了 哦,Michael 那可不是好消息 哈�� 嘿,是我.很抱歉吵醒你 但我遇到了一个问题 或许你可以帮我解决 好吧,我会试试的.发生什么事了? 我正在一个犯罪现场–抢劫杀人 屋子的主人惊吓到了入侵者 他的头部被猛烈撞击 妻子从巴黎之旅中回到家 发现他死在了客厅里 你是说巴黎吗? 是啊,但这不是重点 我需要你的帮助是这样的 她把自己锁在了卧室里 显然她正在给 她自己的私人心灵师打电话 你怎么想? 我想我…我现在就过来 |
[03:34] | By the looks of it, | 根据我们所看到的 |
[03:35] | then intruder encounters Mr. King somewhere in this room. | 入侵者是在这个房间的某个地方 碰到King先生的 |
[03:38] | They fought, worked their way towards the fireplace. | 他们开始争执,逐渐向壁炉的方向靠近 |
[03:42] | The intruder grabbed that poker and struck Mr. King repeatedly. | 入侵者拿起了拨火棍不断地击打King先生 |
[03:45] | somebody on that marble ledge– broke his neck. | 最终那个大理石壁架折断了他的脖子 |
[03:50] | Grabbed Mr. King’s wallet, his five-carat ring | 随后他抢走了King先生的钱包 和5克拉的戒指 |
[03:52] | and a gold watch with a diamond face. | 还有一块表面菱形的金表 |
[03:54] | Worth about 40 grand. | 总共是4万美元 |
[03:56] | Detective Scanlon… | Scanlon侦探… |
[03:58] | my mother’s finally off the phone. | 我妈妈终于把电话挂了 |
[04:00] | I think I’ve convinced her to talk to you. | 我觉得我确定她能跟你谈一下 |
[04:02] | Okay, come on. Come on, come on, Bridge, go. | 好的,,快点 快点,快点,Bridge,快 |
[04:06] | Come on, everyone pile in. | 快点,大家都赶紧进来 |
[04:08] | Come on… come on, Bridge. | 快点… 快点,Bridge |
[04:12] | Oh, man! | 哦,老天! |
[04:19] | Somebody broke into the car? | 有人闯进汽车了? |
[04:24] | Doesn’t look like anything’s missing. | 没看到有丢什么东西啊 |
[04:25] | I don’t get it– someone just broke your window | 我不明白–有人就是把你的窗户打破了 |
[04:27] | for no reason at all? Why would they do that? | 毫无理由的?他们为什么要那么做? |
[04:29] | I don’t know, honey. | 我不知道,亲爱的 |
[04:30] | Sometimes people do strange things. | 有时候人们就会做些很怪异的事情 |
[04:32] | Can you pass me that blankie? | 把那块布递给我好吗? |
[04:36] | I’m so sorry, Daddy. | 对不起,爸爸 |
[04:38] | It’s not your fault. | 这又不是你的错 |
[04:39] | If I hadn’t taken up all that room in the garage with my art project… | 如果我的艺术作品没有占据掉车库 里面所有地方的话… |
[04:43] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[04:47] | But I don’t understand, why would anyone ever be so mean? | 但我还是不明白 为什么会有人这么卑鄙呢? |
[04:52] | My husband was a wonderful man. | 我丈夫是个很好的人 |
[04:55] | Loyal, devoted… | 忠厚,全身投入… |
[04:58] | He was the center of my world. | 他就是我世界的中心 |
[05:03] | I understand, | 我明白 |
[05:05] | on occasion… | 有时候… |
[05:07] | that the police have been known to employ | 警察会雇佣心灵师 |
[05:10] | the services of psychics. | 来帮忙 |
[05:12] | Mother… | 妈妈… |
[05:13] | Not withstanding what you might’ve seen on TV, | 你或许在电视上面看到过这个 |
[05:15] | that’s not really a policy of the Phoenix Police Department, Mrs. King. | 但不是菲尼克斯警察局真正用过的,King夫人 |
[05:18] | Be that as it may, | 如果有这种情况 |
[05:19] | I’ve been in touch with a very gifted and sensitive young man | 我接触过一个非常富有天赋的 非常敏感的年轻人 |
[05:23] | from Los Angeles. | 他住在洛杉矶 |
[05:24] | As soon as you finish your work here, | 你们完成这里的工作后 |
[05:26] | I intend to ask him to come here | 我打算叫他过来 |
[05:28] | to offer his assistance. | 提供他的帮助 |
[05:30] | Mom, please don’t do this. Wesley, please. | – 妈妈,请不要这么做 – Wesley,求你了 |
[05:34] | Mrs. King, speaking as a representative of the District Attorney’s Office, | King妇人,作为地检官办公室的代表 我要说 |
[05:38] | you don’t want to do that. | 你不用那么做的 |
[05:40] | We want to find whoever did this. | 我们都想找出是谁做的这一切 |
[05:42] | We want to put them away for life. | 我们都想帮活着的人处理掉他们 |
[05:44] | You walk into a court of law, | 你走进充满法律的法庭 |
[05:46] | and you say that a psychic was involved with the preparation of your case, | 然后说有个心灵师和你的案子有关 |
[05:50] | and frankly, jurors will just start rolling their eyes. | 坦白说,陪审团只会觉得不可思议 |
[05:54] | I have spent months getting to know this young man– | 我已经花了几个月来了解这个年轻人– |
[05:56] | on the telephone. | 通过电话 |
[05:58] | He’s a thoughtful, sensitive,sober gentleman, | 他是位很有思想的,敏感的,冷静的绅士 |
[06:01] | with a rare and valuable gift. | 并且有着罕见的天赋 |
[06:05] | I’m certain that in person, a jury would find him | 我相当确信,陪审员会和我一样发现 |
[06:08] | just as compelling as I do. | 他是那么的引人注目 |
[06:18] | Thank you for calling PSYLINE. | 感谢您致电心灵师 |
[06:19] | Your personal phone psychic is on | 您的私人电话心灵师已经在这里 |
[06:21] | and ready to open up the portals of the psychic universe. | 准备好帮您打开心灵世界的通道 |
[06:26] | Michael. | |
[06:27] | Hey, wait a minute. | 嘿,等等 |
[06:29] | I’m the psychic around here. Who am I talking to? | 我是心灵医师 我在跟谁说话呢? |
[06:32] | It’s your sister. It’s Allison. | 是你的姐姐,我是Allison |
[06:34] | Hey, sis. | 嘿,老姐 |
[06:36] | How cool is this? | 多酷啊 |
[06:37] | Who would’ve thunk– out of all the phone psychics in the world | 有谁能想到–在世界上所有电话心灵师中 |
[06:40] | you had to get me. | 你找到了我 |
[06:42] | I asked for you, Michael. | 我拜托你,Michael |
[06:44] | Hey, did you know that your cell phone’s disconnected? | 嘿,你知道你的手机被关机了吗? |
[06:46] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊,我知道 |
[06:47] | They do that now, after you don’t pay the bill. | 他们现在是这么做的 在你没有支付账单后 |
[06:51] | Don’t get mad at me. | 不要对我生气 |
[06:52] | I blew out my knee | 我把膝盖摔坏了 |
[06:53] | and I couldn’t work construction anymore. | 我不能再做建筑方面的工作 |
[06:56] | Listen, I have to ask you something. | 听着,我要问你点事情 |
[06:57] | Do you have a client named Tanya King? | 你是不是有一个叫Tanya King的客户? |
[06:59] | Yeah, sure. | 是啊,当然 |
[07:00] | Talk to her every Tuesday. | 每个星期二都会和她谈谈 |
[07:02] | It’s pretty sad, though. | 真的是可怜啊 |
[07:04] | I guess she was away, and… | 我猜她很空虚… |
[07:05] | Her husband got beaten to death. Yeah, I know. | – 她丈夫被人重击致死 – 是啊,我知道 |
[07:08] | They have you on her husband’s case? | 他们找你处理她丈夫的案子? |
[07:10] | Wow, you must be a mind reader. | 哇哦,你一定是个读心师 |
[07:12] | Ha, ha. | 哈哈 |
[07:13] | Here’s the thing– I have a feeling | 事情是这样的–我有种感觉 |
[07:15] | that she’s going to want to get you involved. | 她想把你牵涉进来 |
[07:17] | Involved in what? | 牵涉到什么里面? |
[07:19] | In the case. | 案子里面 |
[07:19] | In the investigation. The search for her husband’s killer. | 调查里面 她丈夫被谋杀的调查里面 |
[07:23] | That’s crazy. What would I get involved in? | 那太疯狂了 我为什么会被牵涉进去? |
[07:24] | I live in Los Angeles, I’m a telephone psychic | 我住在洛杉矶 我只是个电话心灵医师 |
[07:27] | and I work in my underwear. | 工作的时候我只穿着内衣 |
[07:29] | Well, I just left her, and apparently she thinks | 我刚刚从她家离开 显然,她觉得 |
[07:32] | you are very gifted, and very sensitive. | 你非常有天赋,非常敏感 |
[07:35] | Well, you’ve got nothing to worry about, | 你没什么好担心的 |
[07:37] | because, as you and I both know, | 因为,你和我都知道 |
[07:39] | I’m neither gifted nor sensitive, just broke. | 我即没有天份也不敏感,只是一文不值 |
[07:43] | And just like the ad says, | 就像广告中所说的 |
[07:45] | “This service is for entertainment purposes only.” | “此项服务之作娱乐只用” |
[07:51] | Daddy? | 爸爸? |
[07:54] | Bridge, what are you doing up? | Bridge,你起来干嘛? |
[07:55] | It’s late. You’re supposed to be asleep. | 很晚了.你应该已经睡着了 |
[07:57] | I know who broke the window of your car. | 我知道是谁打破了你汽车的玻璃 |
[08:00] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[08:01] | Your window– I saw who did it. | 你的车窗–我看见是谁做的 |
[08:04] | It was Mrs. Uebershchaer. | 是Uebershchaer夫人 |
[08:07] | Mrs. who? | 什么夫人? |
[08:08] | Mrs. Uebershchaer– my math teacher. | Uebershchaer夫人–我的数学老师 |
[08:14] | Bridge, honey, how could you have seen that? | Bridge,亲爱的,你是怎么看到的? |
[08:18] | It happened last night, when we were all asleep. | 是昨天晚上,在我们都睡着的时候 |
[08:20] | I saw it tonight when I went to bed. | 今晚我上床的时候看见的 |
[08:23] | I had a dream. | 我做了个梦 |
[08:25] | Um, and it turns out Bridgette | 嗯,看来Bridgette |
[08:28] | has cracked the mystery of who smashed my car window. | 破解了神秘的打破我车窗玻璃事件 |
[08:31] | You’re kidding. Who? | 你在开玩笑嘛,是谁? |
[08:34] | Apparently it’s her mean old math teacher– Mrs… | 很明显,是她卑鄙的老数学老师–呃… |
[08:35] | Mrs. Uebershchaer? Yeah. | – Uebershchaer夫人? – 是的 |
[08:39] | She’s the culprit, according to Bridgette. | 根据Bridgette所说,她就是罪犯 |
[08:41] | She wants you to tell the people at work, have them arrest her. | 她想让你去上班的地方告诉别人 让他们把她逮捕 |
[08:43] | She’s recommending a life sentence. | 她建议判处终身监禁 |
[08:47] | Well, it sounds fair. | 嗯,听起来很公平 |
[08:49] | When I mentioned to her that that might interfere | 当我跟她说这或许会影响到 |
[08:52] | with her completing math class this year, | 她今年的整个数学课的时候 |
[08:53] | she indicated that that was a sacrifice she was willing to make. | 她指出这是她愿意作出的牺牲 |
[08:56] | That’s laudable. | 真是值得表扬 |
[08:57] | She’s willing to give up a year of math homework | 她愿意放弃一年的数学家庭作业 |
[09:00] | to see that justice is served. | 来瞧瞧看法律的公正 |
[09:02] | Like mother, like daughter. | 有其母必有其女 |
[09:09] | Is that the doorbell? | 是门铃在响吗? |
[09:15] | Is somebody at the door? | 有人在门口? |
[09:18] | Hello. | 好啊 |
[09:20] | Can I help you? | 有什么我能帮你的吗? |
[09:24] | Uncle Michael! | Michael舅舅 |
[09:29] | Oh, who are you guys? | 哦,你们都是谁呀? |
[09:32] | You could have called first. | 你应该先打个电话过来的 |
[09:34] | I know, I know, I totally should have called. | 我知道,我知道 我完全应该先打电话过来 |
[09:37] | But I didn’t even know that I was going to come here till last night. | 但直到昨天晚上我都还 不知道我会来这里 |
[09:40] | We talked about this. | 我们说过的 |
[09:41] | What was I supposed to do? | 那我应该怎么做? |
[09:43] | She flew me out here first class. | 她待我贵宾级得飞到这里 |
[09:44] | I had a fully reclining seat and everything. | 我享受到了能完全放下来的座位和所有一切 |
[09:48] | Oh, boy, I know that look. | 哦,我知道那个表情 |
[09:52] | It’s the look that I’d get from Mom, | 跟老妈一样 |
[09:53] | right before she threw a shoe at me. | 在她要把鞋子朝我扔过来之前那样 |
[09:55] | You’re lucky we’re nowhere near a closet. | 你真是幸运我们不在壁橱旁 |
[09:58] | What’s this about “I’m not a psychic, I’m an entertainer”? | 这样如何,你说 “我不是心灵家,我只是个表演者”? |
[10:01] | Well, as it turns out, | 但这一切都说明 |
[10:02] | being a psychic in this particular instance pays a whole lot better. | 在这种特殊的情况下做一个心灵家 会让这一切都变得很好 |
[10:06] | How much better? | 有多少? |
[10:07] | Tons. | 非常非常好 |
[10:08] | Rental car and hotel room. | 租车的钱和旅馆房间的钱 |
[10:11] | She sprung for a new telecommunications upgrade. | 她还能让我的新型通讯工具升级 |
[10:18] | Al, come on, don’t be like this. | Al,拜托,不要那样 |
[10:21] | I needed the money. | 我需要钱 |
[10:22] | Besides, I can tell when I was talking to her on the phone | 此外,我可以说,如果我在电话里面跟她说 |
[10:24] | that if I didn’t come down here | 我不会来这里 |
[10:25] | that she was just gonna hire some other swami | 那她也会雇个其他的什么专家 |
[10:27] | to throw her gelt at. | 来为她指明方向 |
[10:30] | Besides, wouldn’t you rather | 总归要交易,你是不是情愿跟一个 |
[10:31] | deal with the devil that you know? | 你认识的恶魔进行交易呢? |
[10:35] | Tell me exactly what Mrs. King asked you to do. | 老老实实告诉我King夫人到底要你做什么 |
[10:39] | I’m supposed to go over to her house, | 她想让我去她的屋子 |
[10:41] | walk around the scene, touch some stuff, | 在那个现场到处走走 碰碰一些东西 |
[10:44] | see if I get anything. | 看看我能从中得到什么 |
[10:45] | And that’s it? That’s it. | – 就这样? – 就这样 |
[10:48] | She doesn’t know I’m a psychic. | 她不知道我是个灵媒 |
[10:51] | ‘Kay. | 好的 |
[10:52] | And she can’t know that we’re related. | 她不能知道我们之间是有关系的 |
[10:54] | In fact, no one can. | 事实上,没有人能知道 |
[10:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:57] | No, this is serious. | 不,我是说真的 |
[10:59] | I keep a low profile with the district attorney’s office. | 我在地检官办公室的资料只有一点点 |
[11:01] | I don’t advertise what I do. | 我都没有跟别人说我是做什么的 |
[11:03] | People wouldn’t understand. | 人们是不会明白的 |
[11:06] | It can’t get out | 这件事情不能泄漏出去 |
[11:06] | that the Kings’ out-of-town psychic is my little brother. | Kings家从外地请来的心灵家是我的弟弟 |
[11:10] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[11:11] | I just need you to do one little tiny favor for me. | 我还需要你帮我一个很小很小一个忙 |
[11:14] | And what’s that? | 是什么? |
[11:15] | I sure could use a ride to and from Mrs. King’s this morning. | 我可以不可以在今天早上搭你的车 来回King夫人家 |
[11:18] | You just told me that she gave you money for a rental car. | 你刚刚跟我说她给了你租车的钱 |
[11:21] | Yeah, well, but if I don’t spend it… | 是啊,但如果我没有花这个钱… |
[11:27] | You know, listen,this is not a mature business that I’m running here. | 你知道,就算我跑过来这笔生意也不算成功 |
[11:31] | Every extra little penny helps give me that edge. | 所以每一分钱都要用到刀刃上 |
[11:34] | Okay, I’ll tell you what– you call her, | 好吧,那我跟你说–你打电话给她 |
[11:36] | you tell her that you contacted the authorities | 跟她说你今天早上着陆的时候 |
[11:39] | when you landed this morning, that they assigned me | 跟法官联系了一下,他们会派我 |
[11:41] | to be your liasion to the police department. | 座位你的联络人和警察局进行交涉 |
[11:44] | “Liasion.” | “联络人” |
[11:45] | I like that. It’ll impress her. | 我喜欢.这会让她很感动的 |
[11:49] | I’m going to get Joe up, | 我去把Joe叫起来 |
[11:51] | I’m going to let him know you’re here. | 让他知道你在这里 |
[11:53] | See if maybe I can get him to drive the girls to school. | 看看我是否能让他把孩子们送去学校 |
[11:56] | There’s one other little tiny thing I needed to ask you. | 我还有一个小小的要求想要提 |
[11:58] | If no one’s using the couch, | 如果没有人用那张睡椅 |
[12:00] | I’d sure like to pocket the hotel money, too. | 我就能省下住旅馆的钱了 |
[12:02] | Ah. Ah. Ah. | 啊 啊 啊 |
[12:07] | Bye, sweetie. Bye, Daddy. | – 再见,亲爱的 – 再见,爸爸 |
[12:09] | Come on, kiddo. Last stop. | 来吧,孩子,最后一站 |
[12:10] | Everyone off the bus. | 大家都下车了 |
[12:11] | Hey, there she is! | 嘿,她在这里! |
[12:12] | That’s her, Daddy! | 就是她,爸爸! |
[12:13] | Aha, the famous Mrs. Ueberschaer, I presume. | 啊哈,我想那就是著名的Ueberschaer夫人 |
[12:18] | So, aren’t you gonna go and talk to her? | 那,你不准备过去跟她谈谈吗? |
[12:22] | About what? | 谈什么? |
[12:23] | About what she did to your window. | 说说她对你的车窗所做的 |
[12:25] | Bridgette, I explained that to you last night. | Bridgette,我昨晚已经跟你解释过了 |
[12:28] | But she’s right there. | 但她就在那里 |
[12:31] | I know, but, honey, I can’t accuse someone | 我知道,但是,亲爱的 我不能就因为你在梦里看到了什么 |
[12:33] | just because you saw something in a dream. | 就去控告这个人 |
[12:35] | But I saw her, Daddy. | 但我看见是她,爸爸 |
[12:38] | She took a rock and smashed your window with it. | 她拣起了一块石头,把你的车窗敲碎了 |
[12:41] | All right, maybe she did and maybe she didn’t. | 好吧,或许她做了,或许她没有做 |
[12:43] | But I still can’t accuse someone just because you saw it in a dream. | 但我还是不能就因为你在梦里看见了 而控告某人 |
[12:48] | Now give me a kiss. | 亲我一下 |
[12:50] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[12:53] | We’ll talk some more tonight. | 我们今天晚上再谈谈 |
[13:02] | Michael? | |
[13:05] | You look exactly how I imagined. | 你看起来和我想像的一模一样 |
[13:16] | Hard to watch, isn’t it? | 真是不忍看下去了,是不是? |
[13:17] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[13:18] | This charade. | 这种破把戏 |
[13:22] | Knowing that my mother is paying good money for it. | 知道我妈妈会给他付一大笔钱的 |
[13:25] | I swear if my dad were still alive, | 我发誓如果我爸爸还活着 |
[13:28] | he’d have this guy out of the door so fast his head would spin. | 他会立马把这个家伙头晕脑涨地扔出门外 |
[13:33] | Mrs. Dubois. | Dubois夫人 |
[13:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:38] | Michael… | |
[13:41] | Tea? | 要茶吗? |
[13:43] | Uh, no. | 呃,不用了 |
[13:44] | In a minute. | 待会儿 |
[13:46] | I’m starting to feel something. | 我正在开始感觉一些东西 |
[13:54] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[13:57] | Tell me what you’re feeling. | 告诉我你所感觉到的 |
[13:58] | Um, it’s, it’s hard to put into words. | 嗯,这,这很难用言语来表达 |
[14:02] | Um, different energies, | 嗯,不同的能量 |
[14:03] | different… auras. | 不同的…味道 |
[14:07] | Uh, it’s very delicate work. | 呃,这是非常精密的工作 |
[14:14] | Well, uh… | 呃… |
[14:16] | what about the killer? | 有什么关于凶手的信息吗? |
[14:17] | Are you sensing anything about Gregory’s killer? | 你有没有感觉到什么杀害Gregory 的凶手的信息? |
[14:22] | I keep… | 我在… |
[14:24] | I keep seeing the color… blue? | 我正在看颜色…蓝色? |
[14:30] | Does that mean anything to you? | 对你来说有什么帮助吗? |
[14:32] | Gee, maybe it was the mailman, Mom. | 老天,或许是那邮差,妈妈 |
[14:35] | Maybe he got tired of Dad not tipping him at Christmas. | 或许他因为爸爸一直没有在 圣诞节给他小费而感到很恼火 |
[14:38] | Wes, please. | Wes,求你 |
[14:40] | What else, Michael? | 还有什么吗,Michael? |
[14:41] | You know what actually might help? | 你知道或许什么会更有帮助吗? |
[14:45] | Lunch. | 午餐 |
[15:07] | Will you be joining us for lunch, Mrs. Dubois? | 你愿意跟我们一起共进午餐吗,Dubois夫人? |
[15:10] | Actually, I think I prefer to step outside | 实际上,我觉得我最好走出去 |
[15:12] | and get some fresh air. | 呼吸一些新鲜的空气 |
[15:14] | Mr. Benoit, | Benoit先生 |
[15:17] | could I see you outside for a moment? | 我能待会儿在外面跟你碰下头吗? |
[15:19] | Outside. Absolutely. | 外面,当然 |
[15:26] | Uh, is there somewhere where I could scrub up? | 呃,这里有什么地方我能洗下手吗? |
[15:35] | Different auras, different energies. | 不同的气味,不同的能量 |
[15:40] | Shame on you. | 真是为你感到羞耻 |
[15:50] | Being a little tough on yourself, aren’t you? | 受不了你自己了,是不是? |
[15:52] | Give yourself some credit. | 给自己点信心吧 |
[15:54] | You got my wife eating out of your hand. | 你已经让我的妻子完全受你的摆布了 |
[15:58] | Mr. King. | King先生 |
[15:59] | Gregory. Yeah. | Gregory 是我 |
[16:08] | Hey, sis. | 嘿,姐姐 |
[16:09] | That was quite a performance you gave in there, Karnak. | 你在这里的表演还真精彩啊,Karnak |
[16:12] | So tell me, what color is my aura now? | 告诉我,我的气味是什么颜色的? |
[16:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:17] | But I think maybe we need to call the police. | 但我觉得或许我们要给警察打电话 |
[16:19] | What? | 什么? |
[16:20] | What for? | 为了什么? |
[16:21] | I know what the killer looks like. | 我知道这个凶手长什么样 |
[16:23] | Well, I have a fairly detailed description of him. | 我得到了一份对他相当详细的描述 |
[16:26] | What? From who? | 什么?从谁那里? |
[16:29] | I was just in the bathroom. | 我刚才在盥洗室里 |
[16:31] | and saw the sole of Gregory King | Gregory King也在 Henry 非法持有毒品 |
[16:42] | assault with a deadly weapon, and last but not least… | 和持有致命武器袭击而被捕 最后,但是最重要的是… |
[16:47] | breaking and entering. | 强行入侵 |
[16:51] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[16:52] | Are you certain this is the man | 你能确定这就是 |
[16:53] | that Gregory King described to you? | Gregory King向你描述的人? |
[16:55] | No, I’m not sure. | 不,我不能确定 |
[16:57] | It was a description,not a photograph. | 只是个形容,又不是张照片 |
[17:00] | But you got to admit it is kind of freaky that this | 但你必须承认这个他 |
[17:02] | guy he described has all the qualifications | 所形容的家伙完全符合 |
[17:04] | necessary for a career as a thief and a killer. | 一个小偷和杀人凶手的特征 |
[17:08] | He makes a good point. | 他说出了重点 |
[17:09] | I think I’ll see if Mr. Alonzo’s around, | 我觉得我会看一下Alonzo先生是否在这里 |
[17:11] | maybe invite him down for a little chat. | 或许邀请他过来稍微谈谈 |
[17:15] | Hi, Dad. | 嗨,爸爸 |
[17:16] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[17:17] | Where’s Mom? She’s working. | – 妈妈在哪? – 她在工作 |
[17:20] | I thought you were walking home with Hannah today. | 我以为你今天会和Hannah一起走回家呢 |
[17:21] | I am, I’m just here to deliver a message from the principal. | 是的,我只是在这里给你带个校长的消息 |
[17:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:25] | He wants to see you. | 他想见你 |
[17:27] | Something about Bridgette. | 我想说一下Bridgette的事情 |
[17:29] | You understand,Mr. Dubois, | 你要明白,Dubois先生 |
[17:30] | that she said it in front of the entire class. | 她在整个班级面前说 |
[17:32] | And now she absolutely refuses to apologize. | 而现在她断然拒绝道歉 |
[17:39] | Mrs. Ueberschaer? | Ueberschaer夫人? |
[17:41] | I’d like for you to meet | 我想让你见一下 |
[17:42] | Bridgette’s father. | Bridgette的父亲 |
[17:43] | Hi. Joe. Joe Dubois. | 嗨 我是Joe Joe Dubois |
[17:45] | Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Likewise. | – 很高兴能和你认识 – 我也是 |
[17:47] | I’m very sorry if my daughter has said anything to upset you. | 如果我的女儿说了什么让你感到 很难受的话,我很抱歉 |
[17:51] | As I’m sure that you’ve noticed, | 我想你也注意到了 |
[17:53] | she has a very vivid imagination. | 她拥有非常丰富的想像 |
[17:55] | In my experience, Mr. Dubois, | 在我的经验里,Dubois先生 |
[17:57] | it is not a parent’s job to apologize for their child, | 父母的工作不是为他们的孩子道歉 |
[18:01] | it is a parent’s job to make sure their child can apologize | 父母的工作是确保他们的孩子能为 |
[18:04] | for herself. | 自己所做的事情道歉 |
[18:09] | Bridgette, don’t you have something | Bridgette,你难道没有什么 |
[18:11] | that you want to say to Mrs. Ueberschaer? | 想对Ueberschaer夫人说的吗? |
[18:19] | Bridgette, we talked about this. | Bridgette,我们谈过的 |
[18:22] | You don’t know what actually happened. | 你不知道到底发生了什么事情 |
[18:26] | Young lady, apologize. | 年轻的小姐,道歉 |
[18:29] | Right now. | 马上 |
[18:32] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Ueberschaer. | 对不起,Ueberschaer夫人 |
[18:34] | I’m sorry that I said you broke my daddy’s window. | 我很抱歉我说了是你把我爸爸的车窗打破的 |
[18:39] | I guess I don’t know what really happened. | 我猜是我不知道到底发生了什么事情 |
[18:42] | Thank you, Bridgette. | 谢谢你,Bridgette |
[18:45] | Thank you both. | 谢谢你们俩 |
[18:48] | Come on, sweetie. | 来吧,亲爱的 |
[18:53] | I put some clean sheets and towels on the couch. | 我在睡椅上放好了干净的床单和毛巾 |
[18:57] | We don’t have a spare toothbrush. | 我们没有多余的牙刷 |
[19:00] | Looks like you’re gonna have to go buy you one. | 看起来你只能自己去买一把了 |
[19:02] | I’ll just use the toothbrush God gave me. | 我只要用上帝给我的这把牙刷就好了 |
[19:09] | I thought you said you were thirsty. | 我想你说过你很渴 |
[19:11] | I was. | 是的 |
[19:15] | I am. | 我是 |
[19:17] | And? | 然后? |
[19:18] | I was just thinking about how one of those always leads to another. | 我只是在想那些人怎么能引 到另外个人头上 |
[19:23] | And another and another. | 一个又一个 |
[19:25] | And I remember you said that | 我记得你说过 |
[19:27] | it makes it harder to feel stuff… | 能感觉到一些事情… |
[19:30] | see things. | 看见一些人是很难的 |
[19:32] | Hey. | 嘿 看见Gregory King真的很让你震惊 |
[19:33] | It really shook you up seeing Gregory King. | 嘿 看见Gregory King真的很让你震惊 |
[19:48] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[19:49] | It’s Scanlon. | 是Scanlon |
[19:50] | He’s right here. | 他就在这里 |
[19:51] | They picked up Henry Alonzo. | 他们逮捕了Henry Alonzo |
[19:56] | He was high as a kite. | 他正飘飘欲仙 |
[19:58] | He pawned a five carat diamond ring | 他典当了一个5克拉的钻戒 |
[20:00] | and a diamond face watch. | 和一块菱形金表 |
[20:02] | Both stolen from Gregory King the night he died. | 都是Gregory King死的那晚偷的 |
[20:06] | Yeah, he’s smiling. | 是啊,他在笑 |
[20:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:10] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:11] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[20:14] | How’d it go? | 怎么样了? |
[20:17] | She still mad at me? | 她还在生我的气? |
[20:18] | Well, she still thinks what she dreamt was the truth, | 她觉得他梦到的是真的 |
[20:20] | so I guess so. | 所以我想她还在生气 |
[20:26] | How about our fourth child? | 那我们第四个孩子呢? |
[20:28] | The big lumpy one on the couch. | 睡在睡椅上的那个大块头 |
[20:30] | He fell asleep watching TV. | 他边看电视边睡着了 |
[20:32] | Fell asleep or passed out? | 是睡熟了还是昏死了? |
[20:35] | I’ll have you know he didn’t drink anything stronger | 我要让你知道他今天没有喝比 |
[20:37] | than orange juice today. | 橘子汁更强劲的饮料了 |
[20:39] | Geez. | 上帝 |
[20:40] | Guy cracks one lousy murder case, | 这个家伙搅进了一场恶心的谋杀案里 |
[20:42] | and suddenly, he’s the poster child for sobriety. | 突然,他又成要广受表扬的好孩子了 |
[20:45] | Hey, he did good. | 嘿,他做的很好 |
[20:47] | I, for one, am proud. | 我可为他骄傲了 |
[20:49] | Well, okay, you win. | 好吧,你赢了 |
[20:52] | Once he’s out of our living room, | 只要他离开我们的客厅 |
[20:54] | I’ll be proud of him, too. | 我也会为他骄傲的 |
[21:04] | Hold on a second. | 等等 |
[21:06] | I said stop it. | 我说了住手 |
[21:08] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[21:09] | Hey, where you going? | 嘿,你要去哪里? |
[21:10] | Get back here. | 回来 |
[21:16] | Oh, my God. | 哦,老天 |
[21:18] | You’re him. | 你就是他 |
[21:25] | You did this on purpose, didn’t you? | 你是故意这么做的,是不是? |
[21:30] | You knew who I was from the moment you walked in, | 你走进来的那一刻你就知道我是谁了 |
[21:33] | before you even bought me that first drink. | 甚至在帮我买第一杯酒之前 |
[21:39] | Hey, I don’t think we’re finished here. | 嘿,我觉得我们这里还没有干完呢 |
[21:41] | No, no. No, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[22:02] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[22:04] | Dude, what is it with you and bathrooms? | 伙计,你总是待在盥洗室里吗? |
[22:08] | Well, where would you prefer we meet? | 那你想在哪儿见面 |
[22:09] | Around the breakfast table with your sister and the kids? | 在餐桌旁和你的姐姐和孩子们一起? |
[22:12] | No, I get that. | 不 我知道了 |
[22:15] | So, did you hear we caught your killer? | 你听说我们抓住凶手的事了吗 |
[22:18] | I certainly did and I couldn’t be more grateful | 当然知道 我非常感激 |
[22:20] | for all your help with that,truly. | 真的感激你的帮助 |
[22:24] | There’s just one more thing I need you to do. | 我还需要你帮个忙 |
[22:28] | Great. | 好的 |
[22:29] | Mike! Michael! | |
[22:31] | They’re bringing Henry Alonzo in to give a statement | 他们要抓Henry Alonzo来审问 |
[22:34] | in a couple hours. | 就在几小时后 |
[22:36] | They want to know if Michael and I want to sit in. | 问我和Michael要不要过去 |
[22:38] | You and Michael? | 你和Michael? |
[22:39] | That’s nice. That’s thoughtful. | 很好啊 考虑很周到 |
[22:41] | Yeah, well, he is the person who led them to him. | 多亏他才能抓住 |
[22:43] | I mean, I think it would mean a lot to him, you know, | 我想 对他来说意义非凡 |
[22:46] | seeing it though to the end. | 如果能见证整个过程 |
[22:47] | Mike! | |
[22:57] | Well, that’s weird. | 真奇怪 |
[22:58] | He’s not here. | 他不在 |
[23:01] | Hey, Mr. King, I’m sorry to drop by so early | 嘿 King先生 很抱歉这么早来访 |
[23:02] | in the morning. | 一大清早过来 |
[23:05] | My mom isn’t here. | 我妈妈不在 |
[23:06] | She’s at the funeral home. | 她在殡仪馆 |
[23:07] | No, that’s okay. | 不 那没关系 |
[23:08] | I… I came here to see you. | 我… 我来找你的 |
[23:13] | I have a message from your dad. | 我为你爸爸捎句话 |
[23:16] | He asked me to… | 他让我… |
[23:18] | Look, | 听着 |
[23:19] | since my dad never had a whole lot | 我爸爸活着的时候 |
[23:21] | to say to me when he was alive, | 都没跟我完整的说过话 |
[23:22] | I find it kind of hard to believe he’s so desperate | 现在他死了 更难相信 |
[23:25] | to reach me, now that he’s dead. | 他会迫切的有话告诉我 |
[23:28] | Much less through a perfect stranger. | 更别说是让一个陌生人带话 |
[23:30] | Well, you know, okay, that’s funny | 好吧 你知道吗 其实很有趣 |
[23:31] | because he was telling me this story | 他告诉了我一件 |
[23:33] | about when you were five, maybe. | 大概在你5岁时候的事 |
[23:35] | He said that you and he were in this dinghy | 他说 你们都在游艇上 |
[23:38] | on the way out to his sailboat. | 前往他的帆船 |
[23:40] | You slipped on a railing, hit your head on a winch, | 你在栏杆旁摔倒了 绞盘撞了头 |
[23:43] | started bleeding like a stuck pig. | 血流如注 |
[23:45] | You needed seven stitches. | 缝了7针 |
[23:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:49] | You saw the scar on my head, did some kind of Internet search | 你看到了我头上的疤痕 到网上搜些资料 |
[23:52] | to dig up my old hospital records or something. | 查我过去医院的记录之类 |
[23:56] | I’m very impressed, okay? | 我很感动 行了吗 |
[23:57] | But like I said, my mom will be back later. | 我说过了 我妈妈一会儿回来 |
[24:01] | Why don’t you… | 你为什么不… |
[24:01] | Your father said that when he picked you up, | 你爸爸说 当他扶起你的时候 |
[24:03] | saw your face covered in all that blood, | 看到你满脸是血 |
[24:04] | he said, “Wesley, suck it up. | 他说 “Wesley 吸干血 |
[24:05] | You need to taste blood if you want to be a man.” | 想要成为男人 就得有血的教训” |
[24:09] | And then he said, “What a stupid thing to say to a five-year-old. | 然后他说 “太愚蠢了 居然跟5岁小孩说 |
[24:16] | One of my life’s great regrets.” | 我一辈子中最后悔的事” |
[24:20] | “The kid needed a hug and I did a bad Hemingway impression.” | “孩子需要的是拥抱 我却给他黑脸” |
[24:32] | I always felt his glare on me. | 我总是感觉他瞪着我 |
[24:35] | It was like nothing I did was ever right: | 就好像我做的一切都是错的 |
[24:42] | my work, my friends, women I dated. | 我的工作 朋友 约会对象 |
[24:45] | Well, I mean, | 我想说 |
[24:46] | it’s not like he feels that way now. | 他现在并不是这样想的 |
[24:50] | In fact, your father wanted me to tell you– | 事实上 你爸爸想让我转告你– |
[24:52] | and he said that you would know what he was talking about– | 他说你懂他的意思– |
[24:54] | that he would never let anyone tell him who he could | 他永远不会让别人告诉自己该怎么样 |
[24:58] | or could not be with. | 或不该怎么样 |
[25:00] | And you should do the same thing. | 你也应该如此 |
[25:02] | Does that make any sense to you? | 你懂了吗 |
[25:07] | Well, good, ’cause it was really important to your father. | 好的 因为这对你爸爸来说很重要 |
[25:13] | And he told me that he wanted you you to know | 他想让你知道 |
[25:15] | that whatever objections he had before… are gone. | 他过去所有的异议都没有了 |
[25:20] | He said that you would know what that meant. | 他说你会懂他的意思 |
[25:28] | Good. Your father’s counting on you, Wesley. | 好的 你爸爸就指望你了 Wesley |
[25:32] | He wants you to take control, secure his legacy. | 他希望你能掌管 保护他的遗产 |
[25:39] | He told me that he sees himself in you now | 他从你身上看到了自己的影子 |
[25:42] | in a way that he never did before. | 站在一个前所未有的角度 |
[25:48] | Wow. | 喔 |
[26:03] | See ya, bye. | 再见 |
[26:06] | Bye, Daddy. | 再见 爸爸 |
[26:07] | Hey, what, no kiss today? | 嘿 怎么今天没有吻了 |
[26:14] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[26:15] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[26:41] | He was like a totally different person. | 他就象变了一个人 |
[26:44] | Knowing that his dad felt that way, | 知道了他爸爸的感受之后 |
[26:47] | getting that message from beyond the grave, | 从世界那端得到信息 |
[26:51] | it looked like it transformed him. | 完全改变了他 |
[26:53] | It looks like it did you some good, too. | 好像也帮助了你 |
[26:56] | I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you where I was going. | 很抱歉没告诉你我去哪儿 |
[26:58] | I was just… you know… | 我只是… 你知道… |
[27:03] | But after seeing Mr. King, helping him reconcile, | 但是见过King先生 帮他们和解 |
[27:07] | make things right with his kid… | 和孩子融洽… |
[27:10] | catching the killer. | 抓住凶手 |
[27:15] | It’s been an amazing couple of days. | 这几天太不可思议了 |
[27:19] | By the way, I’m not completely convinced about the whole | 关于找到凶手这件事 |
[27:24] | finding-the-killer thing. | 我还不是很确定 |
[27:27] | What are you talking about, Alison? | 你在说什么 Alison? |
[27:29] | We found him. | 我们找到他了 |
[27:31] | I found him. | 我找到他了 |
[27:32] | He’s found. | 他被抓住了 |
[27:33] | We’re driving over there | 我们现在正过去 |
[27:34] | to hear his confession right now. | 去听他认罪 |
[27:36] | Don’t… Don’t mess this up for me. | 不要… 不要搞砸我的事 |
[27:40] | It’s over. This has happened. | 事情已经结束了 都已经发生过了 |
[27:42] | It’s past tense. | 是过去时了 |
[27:44] | A trivia question. Nostal… | 小事一桩 没什么… |
[27:46] | Do you understand what I’m saying to you?! | 你听懂我说的话吗 |
[27:47] | Yeah, I do. | 是的 我明白 |
[27:48] | It’s just… I had a dream. | 只是… 我做了个梦 |
[27:49] | and your friend Mr. King was in it with a woman– | 你的朋友King先生和一个女人在梦里– |
[27:52] | a very young woman. | 一个很年轻的女人 |
[27:54] | Her name was Monica. She was not his wife. | 她叫Monica 不是他的妻子 |
[27:57] | They were at his place | 他们在他家 |
[27:58] | and she seemed completely out of place there. | 她出现在那里并不合适 |
[28:02] | I mean, she had a tattoo of barbed wire around her harm. | 她在手臂上纹着带刺的电线 |
[28:06] | They started arguing and then it got violent. | 他们开始争论 然后变得很激烈 |
[28:15] | What’s any of this got to do | 这些和中国大米的价格 |
[28:16] | with the price of rice in China, Alison? | 有什么关系 Alison? |
[28:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:20] | Why am I seeing it? Why? | 为什么我会梦到 为什么 |
[28:23] | I mean, if this case is really over, | 如果案子真的结束了 |
[28:25] | why am I still dreaming about it? | 为什么我还会做这个梦 |
[28:27] | What difference does it make?! | 这有什么关系吗 |
[28:29] | What are you going to pay attention to, | 你更关注哪个 |
[28:30] | some dumb dream or your brother | 某个愚蠢的梦 |
[28:32] | who’s sitting right in front you | 还是那个正坐在你旁边 |
[28:33] | telling you that he had | 告诉你 |
[28:34] | a close encounter in the bathroom | 他在洗手间遇到来自另一个世界的力量 |
[28:36] | with forces from the other side? | 你的弟弟 |
[28:42] | Yeah, rain on my parade. | 真是失望 |
[28:44] | I was passed out | 我昏倒在 |
[28:46] | in an alley behind a warehouse on Pine Street. | Pine街一个仓库后面的小巷里 |
[28:49] | I woke up when I heard | 我听到一辆车爆炸 |
[28:51] | a car blowing up. | 并醒了过来 |
[28:53] | And you saw some guy toss a $40,000 watch | 然后你看到有人把价值$40,000的手表 |
[28:56] | and a five-carat ring into a Dumpster. | 和一个5克拉的戒指扔进垃圾堆 |
[28:58] | I’m just telling you what I saw. | 我只是告诉你我所看到的 |
[29:04] | Can you tell me the make and model of the car? | 你能告诉我车的型号样子吗 |
[29:06] | Can you describe the driver? | 你能形容一下驾驶员吗 |
[29:07] | Can you tell me anything that makes what you’re saying | 你能不能告诉我们任何一件 |
[29:09] | sound even the slightest bit credible? | 能让你的话有点可信的事 |
[29:11] | I don’t know. I don’t remember. | 我不知道 我不记得了 |
[29:13] | This is so the guy. | 就是他 |
[29:17] | Oh, can you believe it? | 你相信吗 |
[29:19] | I swear, after this, after they close this case, | 我肯定 这个案子结束后 |
[29:23] | I’m going to find this friend of mine | 我去找军队的那个朋友 |
[29:24] | from the army– he’s LAPD now. | 他现在是LAPD(洛杉矶警察局) |
[29:26] | I think that I can convince him | 我想能说服他 |
[29:28] | to take me on as a consultant, just like you. | 雇用我做顾问 就跟你一样 |
[29:40] | I can’t believe you’re doing this. | 我不敢相信你会这样 |
[29:44] | I’m sorry. Doing what? | 抱歉 会怎样 |
[29:48] | You’re jealous, aren’t you? | 你嫉妒了 不是吗 |
[29:50] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[29:52] | I guess there can only be one official, secret, police psychic | 我想 在这个家里 |
[29:56] | in this family, huh? | 只能有一个秘密的正式通灵警察 |
[29:58] | Official secret police psychic? | 秘密的正式通灵警察? |
[30:01] | You know what I’m talking about, Allison. | 你知道我在说什么 Allison |
[30:02] | I didn’t crack this case, I smashed it. | 我没有搞砸这个案子 我解决了它 |
[30:06] | They found this guy red-handed | 他们发现这人有 |
[30:07] | with all the stuff from Mr. King’s house. | King家里丢失的所有东西 |
[30:10] | I’ve got him dead to rights and it’s driving you crazy. | 我毫无疑问地抓住他 你因此气疯了 |
[30:14] | It’s not making me crazy. | 我没有气疯了 |
[30:15] | Nothing is making me crazy. | 没什么会让我发疯 |
[30:17] | I look at this man, | 我看着这个人 |
[30:18] | I listen to the theory of his crime. | 听着他的犯罪理论 |
[30:21] | I’m not sure I believe it. | 我不确定我相信这些 |
[30:23] | That’s because you don’t want to believe it… | 只是因为你不愿意去相信… |
[30:25] | because it means that your little brother Michael | 因为这将意味着你的小弟弟Michael |
[30:27] | has got it all going on, just like you. | 和你一样 顺利解决这些 |
[30:29] | Just… like… you. | 和… 你… 一样 |
[30:33] | Just like you. | 和你一样 |
[30:36] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[30:37] | I’m going to spend some of | 我去花些本来用于住宿的钱 |
[30:50] | You’re absolutely sure? | 你确定 |
[30:52] | That’s not remotely possible. | 可能性并不小 |
[30:54] | Okay, well, thank you very much for the information, Doctor. | 好的 谢谢你的信息 医生 |
[30:58] | Hmm? Doctor? | 恩? 医生? |
[30:59] | County medical examiner. | 郡验尸官 |
[31:03] | Apparently, | 显然 |
[31:04] | Gregory King was definitely killed by a man. | Gregory King是被男人杀死 |
[31:07] | They can tell that just from an autopsy? | 他们通过验尸就能确定 |
[31:10] | From the severity of the wounds | 是因为伤口的严重度 |
[31:11] | and the location on the body. | 以及尸体的位置 |
[31:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:15] | Yeah, they’re positive. | 是的 他们很确定 |
[31:16] | Gregory King was definitely killed | 杀死Gregory King的 |
[31:17] | by a man who was at least five-foot-eight. | 是个身高至少5尺8的男子 |
[31:19] | So he couldn’t have been killed | 所以他不可能是被一个 |
[31:21] | by a petite 20-something named Monica? | 20左右名叫Monica的纤细女子所杀 |
[31:23] | Apparently not. | 显然不是 |
[31:25] | Mmm. | 恩 |
[31:26] | So, have you called him yet? | 你打过电话给他吗 |
[31:27] | My brother? About 40 times. | 我弟弟? 打了不下40次 |
[31:29] | He just doesn’t answer his phone. | 他不接 |
[31:33] | I’m gonna take a shower. | 我去冲个澡 |
[31:40] | Hello? | 你好 |
[31:43] | Yes, he is. | 是的 他在 |
[31:44] | May I ask who’s calling? | 请问你是哪位 |
[31:48] | It’s Laurie Jameson | 是Laurie Jameson |
[31:49] | from the Neighborhood Watch group. | 是邻里互相监督小组的 |
[31:52] | Hello… Hello, Laurie. | 你好… 你好 Laurie |
[31:59] | Michael. | |
[32:01] | Thank you so much for stopping by | 非常感谢你能在去机场途中 |
[32:03] | on your way to the airport. | 抽空过来 |
[32:03] | I wanted to be able to say thank you in person. Uh… | 我希望能私下当面感谢 恩… |
[32:07] | you don’t need to thank me. | 你不需要谢我 |
[32:08] | You know, you paid me to do a job. | 你雇我来工作 |
[32:10] | I’m just happy that I was actually able to do it for you. | 我很高兴能为你效劳 |
[32:12] | Oh, Michael. | 噢 Michael |
[32:15] | Come in. | 进来 |
[32:19] | Michael, you did so much more | Michael 你所做的 |
[32:22] | than I ever could have imagined. | 远超过我能想象 |
[32:24] | Those messages that you brought us from my late husband… | 你帮我们传达的我丈夫的信息… |
[32:28] | Oh, you couldn’t possibly know this, | 你可能并不知道 |
[32:29] | but they’ve changed everything. | 但是却改变了一切 |
[32:33] | Uh… what are you talking about? | 呃… 你说的是什么 |
[32:35] | Oh, please, come. I want you to… | 哦 过来 我希望你… |
[32:37] | I want you to meet someone. | 见一个人 |
[32:38] | I want you to meet | 我想你见见我儿子的未婚妻 |
[32:41] | Michael, this is Monica. | Michael 这位是Monica |
[32:44] | Hi. | 你好 |
[32:45] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[32:52] | Tell them you need to use the bathroom. | 告诉他们你要去洗手间 |
[32:54] | Do it. | 照做 |
[33:03] | You looked puzzled out there. | 你在那里看起来很迷茫 |
[33:07] | You knew her. Monica? | 你认识她 Monica? |
[33:09] | You knew that woman, didn’t you? | 你认识那个女人 是吗 |
[33:12] | Run some water. | 打开水 |
[33:13] | They can’t hear me, but they can hear you. | 他们听不到我 但能听见你 |
[33:17] | She killed you, didn’t she? | 她杀了你 是吗 |
[33:18] | You and her had a thing and she killed you. | 你们有一腿 然后她杀了你 |
[33:21] | You like that story? | 你喜欢那个说法 |
[33:23] | Me, personally– | 我 就个人而言– |
[33:25] | I prefer the Henry Alonzo story. | 更喜欢Henry Alonzo版本 |
[33:27] | Now that’s a great story. | 那个故事更好 |
[33:29] | You got a sympathetic victim: me. | 你有个赞成的受害者:我 |
[33:32] | You have a villain we can all root against. | 有个人神共愤的坏人 |
[33:36] | An unemployed drug addict with a criminal record. | 失业、药物成瘾及犯罪记录 |
[33:40] | And… | 还有… |
[33:42] | we have the added bonus of your involvement. | 由于你的介入 我们还有额外奖励 |
[33:43] | No small thing, as far as my wife is concerned. | 就我妻子而言 没有节外生枝 |
[33:47] | I’m asking you a direct question. | 我直接问你个问题 |
[33:49] | Henry Alonzo killed me. | Henry Alonzo杀了我 |
[33:51] | You closed the case. | 你结案 |
[33:53] | Take the win and go home. | 获胜 回家 |
[33:54] | Okay, then I’m gonna go out there | 好吧 我会出去 |
[33:56] | and tell them that Monica killed you. | 告诉他们 Monica杀了你 |
[33:57] | I wish you wouldn’t. | 我不想你这么做 |
[33:59] | Why, ’cause it’s true? | 为什么 因为这是事实? |
[34:01] | Because he loves her. | 因为他爱她 |
[34:04] | And because it isn’t true. | 而且这不是真的 |
[34:08] | You know, Mr. Gregory, I’m gonna be honest with you. | 你知道吗 Gregory先生 我想以诚相待 |
[34:11] | The more time I spend with you, the less I seem to like you. | 跟你一起时间越久 我越不喜欢你 |
[34:15] | But, you are my first | 但是 你是第一个 |
[34:17] | real, for profit, visitation from the other side, | 真正的 从另一个世界来找我的人 |
[34:20] | so, that counts for something. | 所以 那很重要 |
[34:22] | I’m gonna ask you one more time. | 我再问你一次 |
[34:25] | If it isn’t Henry Alonzo, and it’s not | 如果不是Henry Alonzo, 也不是 你儿子的未婚妻 那是谁 |
[34:33] | Did Wesley know about the two of you? | Wesley知道你们俩的事吗 |
[34:35] | There was no two of us. | 我们俩没有事 |
[34:39] | I thought my son was weak, feckless. | 我原以为我的儿子软弱无能 |
[34:43] | I was trying to protect him. | 我设法保护他 |
[34:45] | By seducing his girlfriend. | 通过诱惑他女朋友这个办法 |
[34:48] | I thought I had to prove something to him | 我本想向他证明 |
[34:51] | about his girlfriend’s character. | 他女朋友的本性 |
[34:54] | Instead… | 但是… |
[34:57] | I found something out about his. | 我却发现了他的 |
[34:59] | She told him, didn’t she? | 她告诉他了 是吗 |
[35:01] | She told Wesley that you tried. | 她告诉Wesley你的意图 |
[35:04] | One of the real secrets of my success in business | 我事业成功的秘诀之一在于 |
[35:07] | has always been my ability to… | 我有能力… |
[35:09] | sell anything– almost anything– | 卖出一切– 基本上所有东西– |
[35:12] | to almost anyone at any time. | 在任何时候给任何人 |
[35:15] | but I could not convince that boy | 但我不能说服那孩子 |
[35:18] | that the girl he’s in love with was lying. | 他深爱的女人在骗他 |
[35:22] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[35:24] | He did it. | 是他干的 |
[35:28] | Your own son. | 你的儿子 |
[35:32] | I honestly can’t even… begin to describe to you | 我实在无法… 向你描述 |
[35:36] | the collision of emotions. | 那种感情的碰撞 |
[35:37] | I mean… you’re staring at your own death. | 我是说… 你看着自己的死亡 |
[35:40] | And yet, I didn’t think he had it in him. | 到现在 我都不觉得他是这样的 |
[35:44] | I mean, the way he made it look like a robbery. | 他把一切布置成抢劫现场 |
[35:47] | Taking my watch and ring and throwing them in that Dumpster. | 拿走我的手表戒指 扔到垃圾堆里 |
[35:50] | I’m not sure I could have come up with that. | 我都不确定自己能否想出来 |
[35:52] | I’m gonna have to tell them– you know that. | 我会告诉他们的–你知道这点 |
[35:57] | Seven-four, two, zero-five. | |
[36:02] | What? | 是什么 |
[36:03] | That’s half the routing number | 那是在Malacca一家银行 |
[36:04] | of an account in the bank in Malacca. | 账户名的一半 |
[36:06] | You get the other half when you arrive in Spain. | 当你到了西班牙 会得到另一半 |
[36:09] | There’s exactly $349,000 in that account | 帐户里有 $349,000 |
[36:11] | and I’m the only one who knows about it. | 我是唯一知道的人 |
[36:15] | That’s enough for you to start having a real life, | 那足够你开始过真正的生活了 |
[36:18] | to make something of yourself. | 做你自己 |
[36:20] | Just let her father give his son, in death, | 让一个死去的父亲 |
[36:25] | what he couldn’t in life. | 弥补他活着的儿子 |
[36:28] | And let an innocent man go to jail. | 让一个无辜的人去坐牢 |
[36:30] | The question here isn’t about Henry Alonzo. | 这里的问题与Henry Alonzo无关 |
[36:35] | It’s about Michael Benoit. | 是关于Michael Benoit |
[36:38] | Is he going to walk away from this experience a rich man | 他会离开并成为一个富有的人 |
[36:40] | or is he going back to work at the 900 phone lines? | 还是回去继续接听900线电话 |
[36:52] | Mrs. Ueberschaer. | Ueberschaer太太 |
[36:55] | Joe Dubois. We met the other day. | 我们那天见过 |
[36:57] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[37:00] | Well, what can I do for you, Mr. Dubois? | 有什么可以效劳 Dubois先生 |
[37:02] | Well, I was just wondering, how do you like your car? | 我只是想知道 你觉得自己的车如何 |
[37:05] | ‘Cause I really love mine. | 因为我很爱我的车 |
[37:06] | I love everything about it– even the color is perfect. | 爱它的一切– 甚至颜色都很完美 |
[37:09] | You went for the metallic brown | 你也想有金属褐色的 |
[37:11] | too, didn’t you? | 是吗 |
[37:13] | Is there something I can help you with, Mr. Dubois? | 有什么可以帮忙的吗 Dubois先生 |
[37:18] | Well, I’m guessing Ueberschaer isn’t the most common of names. | 我在想Ueberschaer并不是常见的名字 |
[37:22] | Would it surprise you to learn | 是不是很奇怪 |
[37:24] | that we got one living on our street? | 有一个和我们住一条街 |
[37:26] | I, myself, didn’t know till I checked | 我也是今早翻阅了邻里互相监督会 |
[37:27] | with the Neighborhood Watch this morning. | 才知道的 |
[37:30] | Gladys Ueberschaer– she moved in a few months ago, | 她几个月之前搬过来 |
[37:33] | just a couple doors down from our house. | 离我家只有几户远 |
[37:35] | I went over and introduced myself this morning and, uh… | 我今早过去 想自我介绍… |
[37:38] | it turns out that she’s got a sister-in-law | 发现她丈夫有个姐妹 |
[37:40] | who teaches at this school. | 就在这个学校教书 |
[37:42] | Yeah, the sister-in-law came over for dinner | 这个姐妹上周日晚上过去吃饭 |
[37:44] | last Sunday night, the same night | 同一天晚上 |
[37:46] | somebody smashed the window | 有人砸坏我那辆 |
[37:47] | of my metallic brown ’04 Jeep Cherokee. | 金属褐色的’04 Jeep Cherokee车窗 |
[37:51] | You got them mixed up, right? | 你搞错了车 是吗 |
[37:53] | You tried to put your key in my Jeep. | 你用钥匙开我的车 |
[37:55] | And then when the door wouldn’t open, | 发现门打不开 |
[37:57] | you broke the window to get inside. | 你砸破窗进去 |
[38:00] | You probably didn’t even figure out your mistake | 直到钥匙无法开动车 |
[38:03] | until the key wouldn’t work in the ignition either. | 你才知道搞错了 |
[38:09] | Here. | 这个 |
[38:10] | This is the bill. | 是账单 |
[38:11] | What it cost me to fix the window that you smashed. | 我修理窗户的费用 |
[38:14] | All the time, all the upset– | 所有的时间 烦乱– |
[38:17] | that’s on the house. | 都是免费 |
[38:18] | Y… You actually expect me to pay that? | 你… 你真的想让我付? |
[38:23] | A parent’s job, Mrs. Ueberschaer, | 一个父母的工作 Ueberschaer太太 |
[38:25] | is to listen to their child. | 是要倾听他的孩子 |
[38:28] | Now, Bridget is telling me | 现在 Bridget告诉我 |
[38:29] | that I ought to go to the police on this. | 应该去警察局投诉 |
[38:32] | Maybe she’s right about that, too. | 可能她是对的 |
[38:39] | Hey, official secret police psychic. | 嘿 秘密的正式通灵警察 |
[38:44] | Can I ask you a question? | 能问个问题吗 |
[38:47] | How are we gonna get Henry Alonzo out of jail? | 我们去把Henry Alonzo救出来怎么样 |
[38:52] | Mr. King, I was starting to worry | King先生 我开始担心 |
[38:53] | you weren’t gonna make it. | 你无法胜任 |
[38:55] | Sorry. I was at a meeting with some of the partners | 抱歉 我刚刚在和 |
[38:57] | at my dad’s company. | 父亲公司的合伙人开会 |
[38:59] | I’m trying to figure out where I fit in the new hierarchy. | 我正在努力搞清楚我适合哪个层次 |
[39:03] | You said the district attorney had some questions for me. | 你说检察官要问些问题 |
[39:06] | He’s just finishing up | 他刚刚结束了 |
[39:07] | with someone in the conference room. | 会议室里对某人的提问 |
[39:09] | Right this way. | 这边走 |
[39:18] | Monica? | |
[39:23] | I’m so sorry, Wes. | 对不起 Wes |
[39:25] | They knew everything. | 他们都知道了 |
[39:27] | I couldn’t lie. | 我不能撒谎 |
[39:29] | I don’t understand. What are you talking about? | 我不懂 你在说什么 |
[39:32] | Monica. | |
[39:33] | I’m sorry. Monica! | 对不起 |
[39:35] | What did you tell them? | 你跟他们说了什么 |
[39:39] | Does someone please want to tell me | 有人能告诉我吗 |
[39:40] | what the hell is going on here? | 到底发生了什么 |
[39:41] | Your fianc was just telling us about the night | 你的未婚妻刚告诉我们关于 |
[39:43] | your father tried to seduce her. | 你父亲试图引诱她的那晚 |
[39:45] | Said she came clean with you about it | 在他被害前几小时 |
[39:46] | just hours before he was killed. | 她向你全盘拖出 |
[39:49] | I guess she just decided | 我想她刚决定 |
[39:50] | she’d rather have a clear conscience | 与其做个谋杀共犯 |
[39:52] | than be an accessory to murder. | 不如做个有良心的人 |
[39:55] | Now, if you wouldn’t mind, Mr. King, | 现在 King先生 如果你不介意 |
[39:57] | we have a lot we’d like to discuss with you. | 我们有些事要和你商讨 |
[40:09] | What a waste. | 真可惜 |
[40:16] | You’re still here. | 你还在这儿 |
[40:17] | I gave that boy everything. | 我给了他一切 |
[40:20] | I tried to make him a man, and here he is | 我试图把他变成个男人 |
[40:22] | blubbering to the cops. | 现在 他被警察带走了 |
[40:23] | Well, if it’s of any consolation, | 如果有点安慰作用的话 |
[40:25] | my sister says he’ll probably get manslaughter. | 我姐姐说他可能被定杀人罪 |
[40:28] | Yeah, with good behavior– five years. | 表现良好– 5年就出来了 |
[40:31] | Yeah, right. | 是的 |
[40:32] | Knowing him, he’ll be a model prisoner. | 我了解他 他会是模范囚犯 |
[40:35] | And you– you’re no better. | 而你– 也没比他好 |
[40:37] | I offered you a chance of a whole new life. | 我给了你过全新生活的机会 |
[40:40] | Hope you’re happy. | 祝你快乐 |
[40:44] | Actually, I am. | 事实上 我很快乐 |
[40:49] | Well, I gotta go. | 好吧 我要走了 |
[40:49] | I just spotted my ride to the airport. | 我刚找到了去机场的车 |
[40:52] | I guess you’ve got some traveling of your own to do. | 我猜你得独自做些旅行了 |
[40:57] | Pack for warm weather. | 为暖的天气做准备 |