时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:29] | Knock,knock. I’m not doing it. | 当当当 我不玩 |
[03:31] | Who’s there? Handsome. | 是谁呢 英俊 |
[03:34] | Handsome who? | 英俊的谁呢 |
[03:35] | Handsome cereal to me. | 对我来说是美味的麦片粥 |
[03:38] | Knock,knock. Okay,who’s there? And this better be funny. | 当当当 好吧 是谁呢 这次最好有意思点 |
[03:41] | Gorilla. I can’t believe I’m doing this. | 大猩猩 真不敢相信我竟然在玩这个 |
[03:43] | Gorilla who? | 哪个大猩猩呢 |
[03:44] | Gorilla me a cheese sandwich! | 我呢 大猩猩奶酪三明治 |
[03:46] | That isn’t funny. | 这可不好玩 |
[03:47] | Well,I think it is. | 我觉得这挺好玩的 |
[03:48] | Well,it isn’t. Well,it is. Marie thinks it’s funny. | 不好玩 好玩 Marie觉得这挺好玩的 |
[03:51] | What is going on? | 发生什么了呢 |
[03:52] | It’s like you’ve left me for dead. | 好象你把我当死人了一样 |
[03:53] | Hmm? No. You just looked so cozy. | 恩 没有 只是你看起来挺惬意的 |
[03:56] | All bundled up there in your blankets. | 整个人包裹在毯子里 |
[03:58] | I just thought I’d give you a couple of extra minutes. | 我就想我应该多给你几分钟时间 |
[04:01] | Cozy? I was freezing. | 惬意 我都冻僵了 |
[04:03] | Yeah? Were-Were you guys freezing? | 是吗 你们冻僵了吗 |
[04:07] | Oh,never mind. | 哦 没关系 |
[04:08] | So,is this a bad time to talk to you guys | 在这个时候告诉你们 我有关夏天的一个想法 |
[04:10] | about an idea I had for summer? | 是不是不太好 |
[04:12] | JOE: I think this would be an excellent time | 我觉得现在 |
[04:14] | to talk about an idea that you had for summer. | 是你告诉我们关于夏天的主意的大好时机 |
[04:17] | Warm Mommy up. | 给你妈妈暖暖身子 |
[04:18] | * Ha,ha, ha,ha. * | 哈哈哈哈 |
[04:20] | What’s your idea? | 你有什么想法 |
[04:22] | Well,Hannah and Celeste are going to Camp Redrock, | Hannah和Celeste要去红石营 |
[04:24] | and I was thinking maybe | 我在想或许 |
[04:25] | I could go,too. | 我也能去 |
[04:26] | Camp Redrock? | 红石营 |
[04:28] | I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Camp Redrock. | 我想我从没听说过红石营 |
[04:30] | Is it around here? | 在这附近吗 |
[04:30] | It’s a sleep-away camp in Flagstaff, | 这是在Flagstaff的一个野营地 |
[04:32] | and they have horse riding and canoe trips and campfires | 那儿有骑马 独木舟之旅 营火会 |
[04:36] | and overnight trips. | 和整日出游 |
[04:37] | Sounds expensive. | 听着挺贵啊 |
[04:39] | ARIEL: Thing is, I’ve never been | 问题是 我从没去过 |
[04:40] | to sleep-away camp,and since my friends are going, | 野营地 还有因为我的朋友也去 |
[04:43] | and this might be the last summer | 并且这可能是我变得太老之前 |
[04:44] | before I’m really too old… | 最后一个夏天了 |
[04:46] | Um,let Mommy and me talk about it. | 恩 让妈妈和我商量下 |
[04:49] | I’ll call them up, or I’ll look them up on-line, | 我会打电话过去 或者在网上找找相关信息 |
[04:51] | and we’ll figure it out. | 然后我们作出决定的 |
[04:52] | See where it is, how much it costs. | 看看它的地点 要多少钱 |
[04:55] | ALLISON: Oh,hey,guys, | 哦 嘿 孩子们 |
[04:56] | come on,we got to get cleaned up, | 来吧 我们得整理整理 |
[04:58] | ready for school. | 准备上学了 |
[04:59] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[05:00] | Knock,knock. | 敲门 敲门 |
[05:02] | MARIE: Who’s there? | 是谁呢 |
[05:04] | Fig. | 提子 |
[05:05] | Fig who? | 哪个提子呢 |
[05:07] | ARIEL: Fig my little sister’s got something broken | 提子我的小妹妹 |
[05:08] | inside her brain. | 脑子坏了 |
[05:09] | BRIDGETTE: Hey! | 嘿 |
[05:14] | So? | 那么 |
[05:15] | Hmm. | 恩 |
[05:18] | So,you’re ready for this? | 你准备好了 |
[05:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:21] | As ready as I’ll ever be. | 一如既往 |
[05:26] | Welcome back,Joe. | 欢迎回来 Joe |
[05:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:41] | Just a little something. | 一点小意思而已 |
[05:43] | Uh. Hi,Mr. Canty. | 你好 Canty先生 |
[05:44] | Joe. | |
[05:46] | We’ve all been,uh, thinking about you. | 我们都在 呃 想着你 |
[05:48] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[05:50] | If you need anything. | 如果你需要什么 |
[05:51] | No,I’m fine. | 不 我挺好 |
[05:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:07] | DEVALOS: Sorry to interrupt | 抱歉打扰下 |
[06:07] | whatever the both of you were doing, | 不管你俩现在在做什么 |
[06:08] | but the mayor’s office just sent these over. | 不过市长办公室刚送来了这个 |
[06:11] | Jennie Heffernan? | |
[06:11] | DEVALOS: She’s a college student, but she has been missing | 她是个大学生 不过她已经失踪 |
[06:14] | for a day and a half. A day and a half? | 一天半了 一天半 |
[06:15] | She’s in college– that’s not missing; that’s sobering up. | 她上大学 那就不是失踪了 是清醒过来了 |
[06:19] | I’m guessing you’re right, | 我想你是对的 |
[06:20] | but the mayor’s office seems to feels otherwise. | 但是市长办公室的人 似乎不这么认为 |
[06:22] | The folks she works with | 和她一起在校外咖啡馆工作的人 |
[06:23] | at some off-campus coffee place are very concerned. | 很是担心 |
[06:26] | Apparently,they went to the police | 显然 他们报了警 |
[06:27] | and didn’t get a whole lot of satisfaction. | 不过没有得到满意答复 |
[06:29] | Then they started calling and e-mailing the mayor… | 然后他们就开始给市长 打电话和发邮件…… |
[06:31] | Who started calling you. | 谁开始打电话给你的 |
[06:32] | So,not only does she serve coffee, | 看来 她不光供应咖啡 |
[06:34] | but she’s also got some juice. | 还供应果汁啊(此处双关,指她小有影响) |
[06:35] | Apparently, Jennie Heffernan is | 显然 Jennie Heffernan拿了 |
[06:37] | a Phoenix Mayoral Scholarship winner | 凤凰城市长奖学金 |
[06:39] | and a pretty amazing young lady. | 并且是个令人称奇的年轻姑娘 |
[06:40] | She’s very studious. | 她非常用功 |
[06:42] | Never misses class, never misses work. | 从不旷课 从不旷工 |
[06:44] | Her mother abandoned her when she was ten years old. | 她10岁的时候被母亲抛弃 |
[06:46] | She was brought up in a series of foster homes, | 在一连串的寄养家庭中长大 |
[06:48] | but nonetheless, maintained an “A” average | 不过尽管如此 整个高中阶段 |
[06:50] | all the way through high school, and,as I mentioned, | 平均成绩始终保持为A 并且 如我刚才所说的 |
[06:52] | she’s working her way through Mesa University | 她勤工俭学 |
[06:54] | with the help of a little scholarship | 并依靠市长办公室微薄的奖学金 |
[06:55] | from the mayor’s office. | 继续在Mesa大学的学业 |
[06:56] | Now,they know that it’s premature | 现在 他们知道公开宣布她失踪 |
[06:59] | to declare her officially missing, | 为时尚早 |
[07:02] | but they asked if I could twist some arms, | 不过他们问我 是不是可以采取些强制手段 |
[07:04] | put some feelers out there. | 并且做些试探 |
[07:06] | You just know she’s in Vegas or Cabo | 你只知道她在维加斯或者Cabo |
[07:07] | asking for a twist with that martini. | 用那个马丁尼酒去换大麻 |
[07:10] | Well,the sooner you can confirm that, | 你越早证实这点 |
[07:11] | sooner my phone will stop ringing. | 我的电话就越早安静 |
[07:17] | Joe Dubois. | |
[07:19] | ALLISON: So,how’s it feel? | 感觉怎么样 |
[07:21] | Oh,it feels good. | 哦 感觉不错 |
[07:22] | Feels like I never went away. | 就好象我从没离开过一样 |
[07:24] | Just getting a lot done. | 刚干完不少事情 |
[07:26] | I bet people | 我敢肯定大家 |
[07:27] | are making a fuss, that they’re happy to see you. | 都对你百般关心 告诉你他们很高兴见到你 |
[07:30] | Oh,they had a little banner in my office, | 他们在我的办公室挂了一小条横幅 |
[07:32] | and Mr. Canty came by. | Canty先生过来了下 |
[07:35] | It was nice. | 感觉不错 |
[07:36] | That is nice. | 那是不错 |
[07:39] | Oh,hey,you didn’t happen to get a chance | 哦 嘿 你还没有机会上网查 |
[07:40] | to look up Redrock Camp on the Internet,did you? | 红石营的相关信息吧 是吗 |
[07:43] | Honey,I haven’t had a chance to get to my computer | 亲爱的 我回来之后 |
[07:45] | since I got back. | 还没机会来用电脑 |
[07:46] | Yeah,well,I did,and | 奥 我查了 |
[07:49] | phew,it’s darn expensive. | 奥 贵得要命 |
[07:50] | Oh,yeah? How expensive? | 哦 是吗 多贵呢 |
[07:53] | Really expensive. | 真的很贵 |
[07:55] | Okay,well,we’ll just have to sit down with her and explain | 好吧 那我们只有坐下来 跟她解释 |
[07:58] | about money,cost of things, | 那些钱啊 花费啊 |
[08:00] | the realities of living in a family of five. | 身处五口之家的现实啊这些事 |
[08:03] | I can do that if you like. | 如果你喜欢我会去做的 |
[08:07] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[08:09] | Honey,can I call you back? | 亲爱的 我一会回电好吗 |
[08:10] | Sure. | 当然 |
[08:15] | This can’t be happening. | 这不是真的吧 |
[08:24] | Stop honking! | 别按喇叭了 |
[08:25] | I can’t see! | 我看不见 |
[08:32] | “Snow chains”? | 轮胎雪链 |
[09:43] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[10:03] | Hello?! | 有人吗 |
[10:56] | How in God’s name does one | 苍天在上 一个人怎能 |
[10:58] | human being do that to another? | 如此对待另一个人 |
[11:00] | That’s what everybody around here was wondering. | 在场的所有人也都感到惊异呢 |
[11:03] | Won’t have any answers | 尽管 三四天内 |
[11:04] | for three or four days,though. | 是得不出什么结论的 |
[11:06] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[11:08] | Can’t very well perform an autopsy on a frozen body. | 验一具冻尸不太好处理 |
[11:11] | I recognize that, | 我承认这点 |
[11:12] | but can ‘t we do something to speed this along? | 但是我们能有什么办法来加快速度吗 |
[11:13] | Bring in heat? Melt the ice? | 加热 让冰融化 |
[11:15] | Whoever did this to her is almost certainly | 对她做出这种事的人 |
[11:17] | still at large. | 几乎无疑仍逍遥法外 |
[11:18] | Hey,all those thoughts occurred to me. | 嘿 所有这些我都想到了 |
[11:20] | The problem is, if we heat the body | 问题是 如果我们把尸体加热 |
[11:22] | or even just the ice around it | 或者只是加热周围的冰块 |
[11:24] | any potential evidence… | 任何潜在的证据…… |
[11:25] | hair follicles, fibers from clothing, | 毛囊 衣物纤维 |
[11:27] | skin cells under the nails– | 指甲下的皮肤细胞―― |
[11:29] | it’ll all be contaminated by the heat. | 所有这些都会被热量破坏 |
[11:31] | And if it isn’t… | 哪怕没有的话 |
[11:32] | the lawyers representing | 为犯罪人辩护的律师 |
[11:33] | whoever did this are certainly | 也一定会 |
[11:35] | going to try to persuade the judge | 竭力说服法官 |
[11:36] | or the jury otherwise. | 它们被破坏的 |
[11:40] | So,what did the banner say? | 那横幅上写了什么 |
[11:43] | ARIEL: What banner? | 什么横幅 |
[11:45] | They made a banner for Daddy at work to welcome him back. | 他们给爸爸做了横幅 欢迎他回去 |
[11:48] | What’s a banner? It’s a thing | 什么是横幅 它是一种 |
[11:50] | you hang from the ceiling with a big message on it. | 从天花板上垂下来的 上面写着个大消息的东西 |
[11:52] | Cool. | 不错 |
[11:54] | It said, “Welcome Back,Joe.” | 上面写着:“欢迎回来,Joe” |
[11:56] | BRIDGETTE: Wow. | 喔 |
[11:56] | So… did they have a party? | 那……他们聚会了没有 |
[11:59] | No party. | 没有 |
[12:00] | But everyone was very nice. | 但是每个人都很友善 |
[12:02] | They said they missed me | 他们说很想我 |
[12:03] | and said they were happy to see me. | 还说他们很高兴见到我 |
[12:05] | Mostly they just let me do my work. | 多数时间他们就让我做我的工作 |
[12:07] | Catch up. | 赶上进度 |
[12:08] | Left me alone. | 让我独处 |
[12:12] | Um… I know Mom was really busy and… | 恩 我知道妈妈真的很忙 |
[12:15] | I know you were busy with catching up,but… | 我也知道你急着赶上去 但是 |
[12:17] | did either of you get a chance to look up Redrock? | 你们有人抽空查了红石营的资料么 |
[12:20] | JOE: Yeah,I think Mom did | 是吧 我想妈妈工作的时候 |
[12:21] | when she was at work and I looked | 查了 我也刚好在晚饭前 |
[12:22] | on the Web site just before dinner. | 上网查了 |
[12:25] | What’d you think? | 你们怎么想 |
[12:25] | Pretty amazing,huh? | 很不可思议 是吧 |
[12:27] | Well,it certainly was amazing. | 这当然令人惊叹 |
[12:30] | Sweetie,you and I need | 亲爱的 晚饭后 |
[12:31] | to talk after dinner. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[12:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:34] | It’s just I was talking to Celeste today | 不过就是我今天和Celeste聊天了 |
[12:35] | and she said that the group that she and Hannah are in | 她告诉我她和Hannah参加的那组 |
[12:37] | is filling up pretty fast and I just… | 很快报满了 我只是… |
[12:40] | don’t want to miss it. | 不想错过 |
[12:41] | That’s all. | 就是这样 |
[12:48] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[12:49] | Is this a good time? | 现在谈可以吗 |
[12:50] | Sure. Whatever. | 当然 怎么都行 |
[12:56] | I know what you’re going to say. | 我知道你要说什么 |
[12:58] | You’re going to say it’s just too expensive. | 你要说那太贵了 |
[13:01] | Ariel… | |
[13:02] | I mean Hannah’s parents aren’t rich and she’s going. | 我说Hannah的父母也不富 但是她却去了 |
[13:04] | Yeah,but we don’t know what her situation is. | 是的 但是我们不了解她的情况 |
[13:06] | We don’t know who’s paying. | 我们不知道谁替她付的钱 |
[13:08] | Maybe her grandma and grandpa are helping out. | 或许是她的祖父母帮忙解决的 |
[13:11] | Maybe her parents feel differently about it. | 或许她父母有不同的感想 |
[13:14] | I mean she’s an only child. | 我指她是独生子女 |
[13:15] | Maybe they feel that this is an, | 或许他们认为 |
[13:16] | an important experience for her to have | 让她和别的女孩共度这个夏天 |
[13:19] | with other girls this summer. | 对她而言是一次很重要的经历 |
[13:21] | Great. | 好啊 |
[13:22] | Lucky me. | 我真走运 |
[13:23] | Because I have Bridgette and Marie for sisters | 就因为我有 Bridgette和Marie两个姐妹 |
[13:25] | I don’t get to go to camp. | 所以我去不成野营 |
[13:26] | You know this isn’t about Bridgette and Marie. | 你知道 这跟Bridgette和Marie没有关系 |
[13:29] | Nobody is against you going to camp. | 没人反对你去野营 |
[13:32] | But this place works out | 但是这地方 |
[13:33] | at over thousand dollars a week. | 呆一星期要花费上千美元 |
[13:36] | And that’s before we get you there | 还没算上送你去那 |
[13:38] | and we buy you the stuff that you need to bring. | 和给你买必备的东西的费用 |
[13:40] | And I’m sorry,honey,but that is a lot of money. | 我很抱歉 亲爱的 但是这实在是大数目 |
[13:43] | Yeah,well, I don’t think so. | 好吧 我不这么想 |
[13:45] | Well,I don’t think that you are in a position to know. | 恩 我想你是无法理解的 |
[13:48] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:49] | Because I don’t have a job? | 因为我没有工作 |
[13:50] | I’m 14,Dad. | 我14岁了 爸爸 |
[13:52] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[13:53] | And that is my point. | 这正是我想说的 |
[13:55] | This is something that Mom and Dad need to decide | 这是爸爸妈妈需要考虑的事情 |
[13:58] | because we do know how hard it is to make and save money. | 因为我们知道赚钱省钱有多困难 |
[14:02] | Because there have been times | 因为我们的生命中 |
[14:03] | in our lives… But I don’t get that. | 有过几次… 但我理解不了 |
[14:04] | when we haven’t had enough You work and Mom works | 当我们没有足够的钱 你工作 妈妈也工作 |
[14:06] | and you both work | 你们俩都工作 |
[14:07] | for an emergency situation… | 来应付紧急情况… |
[14:08] | and you’re gonna make money | 你就要去赚钱 |
[14:08] | and continue to make lots of money. | 并且继续去赚很多的钱 |
[14:10] | No! | 不 |
[14:10] | You don’t know that. | 你不知道 |
[14:15] | I know you’re 14. | 我知道你14岁了 |
[14:16] | And you think that you know everything… | 并且你自以为无所不知… |
[14:20] | about us,about the world. | 关于我们 关于这个世界 |
[14:22] | But you don’t. | 但其实你不了解 |
[14:26] | It could all change tomorrow. | 明天一切都可能改变 |
[14:29] | You don’t know. | 你不知道的 |
[14:55] | Everything’s locked. | 都锁好了 |
[14:56] | Thermostat,double-checked. | 自动调温器 仔细检查过了 |
[15:00] | Oldest daughter knows everything there is to know | 大女儿知道所有可知的事情 |
[15:02] | about everything. | 所有事情 |
[15:06] | I take it the camp talk | 我把这理解为关于野营的谈话 |
[15:07] | didn’t go well. Well…. | 不太顺利 呃…. |
[15:09] | we knew that she wasn’t going to be happy about it. | 我们早知道她会不高兴的 |
[15:12] | But she was so… | 但是她… |
[15:15] | blithe about the money, | 丝毫不担心钱的问题 |
[15:18] | blithe about my job, | 也不顾忌我的工作 |
[15:20] | blithe about the future. | 对未来毫无顾虑 |
[15:24] | You know, | 你知道 |
[15:25] | it’s hard being surrounded by people | 让人难以忍受的是 |
[15:29] | who are so certain they know what’s happening next, | 你被一群 确知接下来会发生什么事的人包围 |
[15:31] | when you don’t. | 而你自己却毫无头绪 |
[15:33] | I’m not sure I know what you’re talking about. | 我不确定我真的明白你在说什么 |
[15:36] | I’m talking about the critical assumptions | 我在说生活中我们 |
[15:38] | that we all make as we go through our lives. | 都会做出的那些关键的假设 |
[15:41] | “Daddy will always have a job. | “爸爸一直都会有工作的 |
[15:43] | “Daddy will always have money. | “爸爸一直都会有钱的 |
[15:44] | Daddy will always be here.” | 爸爸一直都会在的” |
[15:46] | She doesn’t know that. | 她不知道 |
[15:47] | You don’t know that. | 你也不知道 |
[15:50] | Yeah,well,you’re not planning on going anywhere,are you? | 恩 你不是在打算去什么地方吧 是吗 |
[15:53] | We have this contract– | 我们签了这份契约– |
[15:55] | all of us on earth– | 地球上所有的人– |
[15:59] | that everyone will behave, | 每个人都中规中矩 |
[16:01] | that everyone will be reasonable… | 每个人都通情达理… |
[16:04] | and rational… | 合乎理性… |
[16:06] | that we will all take turns at a four-way stop sign; | 我们在交叉路口拐弯 |
[16:10] | that we won’t play loud music | 当街区其他人睡觉的时候 |
[16:12] | when the rest of the block is asleep… | 我们不会大声放音乐 |
[16:15] | that no one will bring a gun to work. | 没有人持枪上班 |
[16:39] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[16:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:57] | 2:45 in the morning. | 凌晨2:45 |
[16:59] | I hope I didn’t wake you. | 但愿我没吵醒你 |
[17:01] | Just wanted to make sure that when I came back, | 我不过想确认一下我回来的时候 |
[17:03] | we’d be alone. | 只有我和你 |
[17:09] | Did you miss me? | 想我么 |
[17:18] | No! | 不要啊 |
[17:28] | You just think of all the good times we had. | 你就想想我们度过的美好时光吧 |
[17:35] | Calm down,Darling. | 冷静点 亲爱的 |
[17:37] | I know it’s cold in there. | 我知道里面冷 |
[17:44] | Here we go. | 现在我们可以开始了 |
[17:45] | This should speed things along. | 这个能够加加速 |
[17:58] | Lee? I’m sorry to wake you… | Lee 抱歉把你叫醒… |
[18:00] | I think I just saw Jennie Heffernan’s killer. | 我想我刚刚看见杀 Jennie Heffernan的凶手了 |
[18:02] | That’s all right. | 没事的 |
[18:03] | I haven’t actually been to bed yet, | 事实上我还没睡呢 |
[18:05] | and oddly enough, | 出奇的是 |
[18:06] | I’m about to see Jennie Heffernan’s killer myself. | 我正要亲眼看见杀 Jennie Heffernan的凶手 |
[18:09] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[18:10] | I’m down here at the morgue. | 我在停尸房里 |
[18:12] | Son of a bitch saved us all | 那王八蛋给我们省了不少麻烦 |
[18:17] | ???If the Idol is supposed to be American | 我不明白如果这偶像是美国人的话 |
[18:20] | then how come they have | 为什么他们 |
[18:21] | that British guy do all the talking? | 让那个英国人一直在那说话 |
[18:23] | That’s a good question,Bridge. | 问的好 Bridge |
[18:25] | And how come you have | 还有为什么你 |
[18:26] | to wait till after the show to vote? | 必须等到演出结束后才能投票 |
[18:29] | Don’t they know that kids have to go to bed after the show? | 难道他们不知道演出完了 小孩就要睡觉了吗 |
[18:32] | I think they’re afraid of what would happen | 我想他们是害怕 |
[18:33] | if kids got to vote. | 小孩去投票的后果 |
[18:34] | a lot of trouble and killed himself la?? | 他昨天晚上自杀了 我想可能你说的有点道理 |
[18:35] | ALLISON: I think you might have something there,Bridge. | 他昨天晚上自杀了 我想可能你说的有点道理 |
[18:38] | Could I eat my toast in my room? | 我能去我屋里吃吐司面包么 |
[18:40] | No. | 不行 |
[18:42] | I’m eating my toast in my room. | 我去我屋里吃吐司了 |
[18:46] | Yeah,it’s nice to see you,too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[18:49] | Is something going on? | 发生什么了吗 |
[18:51] | Why’d you let me sleep? | 你为什么让我睡觉 |
[18:53] | To be mean. | 自私啦 |
[18:54] | It was fun watching you lay there,get some rest. | 看你躺在那休息一下很有意思 |
[18:56] | Your soul at peace. | 灵魂安宁 |
[18:59] | God,I’m evil. | 上帝啊 我是恶魔 |
[19:01] | This family is weird. | 这个家很古怪 |
[19:03] | Can me and Marie go get dressed? | 我和Marie能去穿衣服吗 |
[19:06] | I don’t know? | 我不知道 |
[19:07] | Can you and Marie go get dressed? | 你和Marie能去穿衣服吗 |
[19:09] | Yeah,honey,go. | 可以 亲爱的 去吧 |
[19:10] | Go get dressed. | 去穿好衣服 |
[19:18] | Hey,Mr. Happy? | 嘿 快乐先生 |
[19:19] | You wanna talk? | 想聊聊天吗 |
[19:21] | Why’d you let me sleep? | 你为什么要让我睡觉 |
[19:23] | Well,I was already up. | 我当时已经起床了 |
[19:25] | I’ve been up since 4:00. | 我4点就起床了 |
[19:26] | I couldn’t go back to sleep. | 我没法再次入睡 |
[19:27] | So,I thought,hey, why don’t I make coffee. | 所以 我想 嘿 为什么不弄点咖啡呢 |
[19:29] | Why don’t I take care of the girls. | 为什么不照顾下女孩们 |
[19:31] | Give my favorite grump an 15 extra minutes | 给我的个人世界额外的15分钟 |
[19:34] | and you can thank me later. | 然后之后你能够感谢我 |
[19:36] | Why are you up? | 你为什么起床了 |
[19:37] | Well,this will shock and amaze you. | 恩 这会让你震惊的 |
[19:39] | I had a dream. | 我做了一个梦 |
[19:41] | I saw Jennie Heffernan’s killer in it. | 在梦里我看见了杀 Jennie Heffernan的凶手 |
[19:44] | Mmm,yeah,I’m just reading about him. | 恩 我正在读有关他的报道 |
[19:46] | Yeah,well,it turns out my dream was all for nothing. | 奥 事实是我的梦一无是处 |
[19:50] | They caught the guy. | 他们抓住了那家伙 |
[19:51] | He killed himself. | 他自杀了 |
[19:53] | So,case is closed. | 所以说 案子结了 |
[19:54] | I’m still up. | 我依旧醒着 |
[19:56] | It’s his fault,right? | 是他的错 对吧 |
[19:58] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[19:59] | That’s not him. | 这不是他 |
[20:01] | SCANLON: I don’t know what to tell you, Allison. | 我不知道跟你说什么 Allison |
[20:02] | It doesn’t get much neater than this. | 没比这清楚多少 |
[20:04] | The house where you discovered the body | 你发现尸体的那房子 |
[20:05] | was owned by this Brian Barbera fellow | 的主人是Brian Barbera这家伙 |
[20:07] | who wasn’t living there, but was doing work on it. | 他不住在那儿 但是把那儿租了 |
[20:10] | It turns out he and Jennie were seeing each other. | 事实是他和Jennie有相互来往 |
[20:12] | And you’re sure he killed Jennie? | 所以你确信是他杀了Jennie |
[20:14] | He left behind a juicy suicide note telling us | 他留下了一封很酷的自杀书 告诉我们 |
[20:16] | where to find the body and exactly how he did it. | 上哪去找尸体以及他是怎么干的 |
[20:18] | Guess he didn’t figure we’d find her first. | 我想他应该没料到我们先找到了她 |
[20:25] | They found him in a pool of his own vomit. | 他们在他自己的一滩呕吐物里 发现他的尸体 |
[20:29] | The medical examiner said | 法医说 |
[20:30] | his stomach was full of cyanide salt. | 他胃里满是氰盐 |
[20:33] | He just so doesn’t look like the man in my dream. | 他一点都不像 出现在我梦里的那个男人 |
[20:36] | Well,don’t feel bad. | 恩 别不高兴 |
[20:38] | I guess he didn’t turn out to be the man | 我想他也应该不是她的 |
[20:40] | of her dreams either. | 梦中男人 |
[20:50] | Where’s Mom? | 妈妈呢 |
[20:50] | She’s taking a bath. | 她在洗澡 |
[20:52] | Why? You need help with your homework | 怎么了 需要辅导你的作业 |
[20:53] | or something? | 还是别的什么事 |
[20:55] | You said the reason I couldn’t go to Camp Redrock | 你说我不能去红石营的原因 |
[20:57] | was because it was too expensive,right? | 是它太贵了 对吧 |
[20:59] | Right. Well,what if I paid for it? | 对 那么 如果是我来付钱呢 |
[21:02] | Ariel… | |
[21:03] | What? Is that such a hard question? | 怎么 难道这问题很难回答么 |
[21:05] | Okay,look,I know you’re mad at me about this, | 好吧 我知道你为这事生我的气 |
[21:09] | but you need to know something. | 但是你得懂点 |
[21:10] | I’m starting to get mad at you. | 我开始生你的气了 |
[21:13] | “No” is something that you’re going to hear | “不”是你在生命中 |
[21:14] | from time to time in your life | 时不时会听到的字眼 |
[21:15] | and the fact that you can’t seem | 但事实是你似乎接受不了 |
[21:17] | to accept that concerns me a lot. | 这很让我担忧 |
[21:20] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[21:22] | It’s the money for camp. | 去野营的钱 |
[21:24] | I found it. | 我找到的 |
[21:32] | This is a passbook… | 这是本存折… |
[21:34] | for an account that your grandparents set up for you | 你祖父母在你出生的时候 |
[21:36] | when you were born. | 给你开的帐户 |
[21:37] | Where’d you get this? | 你在哪找到的 |
[21:38] | What difference does it make? | 这要紧么 |
[21:40] | It has my name is on it. It’s mine. | 上面写的是我的名字 这是我的 |
[21:42] | This was in my drawer. | 这放在我的抽屉里 |
[21:43] | What were you doing going through my things? | 你翻我东西干什么 |
[21:45] | I didn’t go through your things. | 我没翻你东西 |
[21:46] | I knew right where it was, and I knew it was mine. | 我清楚的知道它在哪儿 并且我知道它是我的 |
[21:48] | So I went in your room and I got it. | 所以我到你房间把它拿出来 |
[21:50] | That’s all. | 就是这样 |
[21:50] | It has my name on it, and it’s my money. | 这上面写的是我的名字 这是我的钱 |
[21:52] | There’s almost $8,000 | 那儿将近有8000美元 |
[21:54] | in there and I’m going to use it for camp. | 我要把它花到野营上去 |
[21:56] | It may have your name on it, but it is not your money. | 那上面写的可能是你的名字 但是那不是你的钱 |
[21:58] | Not until you turn 18. | 除非你年满18岁 |
[22:01] | And the fact that it has your name on it | 还有那上面有你的名字这一事实 |
[22:02] | is no excuse for you going through my drawer to get it. | 不代表你能翻我的抽屉并把它取走 |
[22:06] | How did you even know where it was? | 你是怎么知道它在哪儿的 |
[22:08] | I know lots of things,Dad. | 我知道很多事情 爸爸 |
[22:10] | Well, | 恩 |
[22:11] | no,you don’t. | 不 你不知道 |
[22:12] | You don’t know nearly as much as you think you do. | 你不知道的事情差不多 和你自认为知道的事情一样多 |
[22:14] | That money is for college. | 这钱是上大学用的 |
[22:16] | Your grandparents | 你的祖父母 |
[22:17] | gave you that money for college,not for camp. | 给你那些钱是用来上大学 而不是用来野营的 |
[22:23] | So that’s it? | 说完了 |
[22:24] | It’s just “no” even though I have the money? | 哪怕我有钱也还是“不行” |
[22:27] | Yes,it’s “no,” and you don’t have the money, | 对 不行 实际上你没有钱 |
[22:31] | and you can’t just go into my room | 并且也不能进我的房间 |
[22:32] | and take things without asking. | 问都不问就拿我东西 |
[22:35] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:35] | Is that everything? | 这就是所有你要说的么 |
[22:40] | It doesn’t matter where you put it. | 你把它放哪儿都没关系 |
[22:42] | I’ll still know where it is. | 我照样知道它在哪儿 |
[22:52] | That’s okay. | 可以啦 |
[22:53] | You don’t need a passport to get in this bedroom. | 你不需要凭护照进这房间 |
[22:54] | Your driver’s license will do. | 只要你的驾照就够了 |
[22:56] | No,it’s not a passport; it’s a passbook, | 不 这不是护照 这是存折 |
[22:58] | and it was in my drawer under a lot of socks, | 我把它放在我抽屉的一堆袜子下面 |
[23:00] | and Ariel took it without my permission | Ariel没经过我同意就把它拿出来 |
[23:02] | to show me that she had the money | 来告诉我她有钱 |
[23:03] | to pay for camp. | 来付野营费 |
[23:05] | Whoo,this kid’s rich. | 喔 这小家伙真有钱 |
[23:06] | That’s not funny. | 这可不是闹着玩的 |
[23:07] | This is her college money from my parents. | 这是我父母给她准备的大学学费 |
[23:10] | Well,calm down. | 恩 冷静冷静 |
[23:11] | I know what it is. | 我知道这是什么 |
[23:13] | We both know she can’t get any money out of the bank | 我们都清楚没有我们俩的其中一个 |
[23:16] | without one of us. | 她是没法从银行取钱出来的 |
[23:17] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[23:18] | She knows it,too. | 她也明白这点 |
[23:19] | She’s just mad. | 她不过有点失去理智 |
[23:21] | She’s mad that she seems to have | 她疯是因为她似乎 |
[23:23] | so little control over her life. | 对她自己的生活毫无控制 |
[23:24] | She’s mad that we seem to have so much control over her life. | 她疯是因为我们对她的生活 有如此大的控制 |
[23:29] | So just come on. Relax. | 所以来吧 放松 |
[23:30] | Let’s go to bed. | 我们睡觉吧 |
[23:32] | You know, in a couple of days, | 你知道 不消几天 |
[23:34] | everything will be back to normal. | 一切都会恢复正常的 |
[23:35] | She’ll be fine. | 她会没事的 |
[23:40] | No,I-I don’t think I feel like coming to bed right now. | 不 我―我想我现在不想睡觉 |
[23:44] | You always feel like coming to bed. | 你总是想睡觉啊 |
[23:51] | Is everything okay at work? | 工作还好吗 |
[23:53] | Everything’s fine. | 一切都好 |
[23:56] | Is everything okay with us? | 我们之间有事吗 |
[23:57] | Everything is fine. | 一切都好 |
[24:00] | So all of this angst is about Ariel? | 这么说所有的焦虑都来自Ariel |
[24:03] | What are you trying to say? | 你想说什么 |
[24:04] | I’m saying something seems wrong. | 我说似乎出了点什么问题 |
[24:07] | Everything is so serious. | 一切都那么严重 |
[24:10] | You don’t seem happy. | 你似乎不高兴 |
[24:15] | You know,this is the first time I can ever remember | 你知道 这是我所记得的第1次 |
[24:17] | you forgetting to ask me how my day was. | 你忘记问我今天过的怎样 |
[24:20] | I didn’t forget. I already know. | 我没忘记 我已经知道了而已 |
[24:21] | You had a dream. You told someone. | 你做了个梦 把它告诉了某个人 |
[24:23] | They didn’t believe you,but it all worked out in the end. | 他们不相信你 不过最后事情都解决了 |
[24:30] | I’m sorry. I guess I’m just… I’m mad. | 对不起 我想我只是… 我疯了 |
[24:33] | I’m mad that I seem to have | 我疯是因为我似乎 |
[24:34] | so little control over my own life. | 对我自己的生活毫无控制 |
[24:38] | I guess I’ll watch TV. | 我想我去看电视吧 |
[24:53] | Bull’s-eye. | 靶心 |
[24:56] | Bull’s-eye. | 靶心 |
[25:33] | Bull’s-eye. | 靶心 |
[25:42] | MARIE: You’re laying on my Mr. Snookie. | 你躺在我的Snookie先生身上啦 |
[25:58] | Must have fallen asleep watching TV. | 我一定是看电视的时候睡着了 |
[26:05] | Get ready for work. | 准备下去上班 |
[26:11] | Diamonds? | 钻石 |
[26:12] | She finds them in this,t his place, | 她在这――这儿发现的 |
[26:13] | this storage unit where I first saw her being killed. | 就是我第1次看见她被杀的那个储藏室 |
[26:16] | Storage unit? | 储藏室 |
[26:17] | W-What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[26:18] | That’s what I was trying to tell you. | 这就是我试图告诉你的 |
[26:20] | The place where I saw her being killed | 我看见她被杀的那个地方 |
[26:22] | looks nothing like the place where I found her body, | 一点都不像我发现她尸体的那地方 |
[26:24] | and the man that I, I saw killing her | 还有我看见的杀她的凶手 |
[26:27] | is not the same man | 和那个自杀并留下自白书的 |
[26:29] | who committed suicide and left a confession. | 不是同一个人 |
[26:32] | Now I’m dreaming about these diamonds. | 现在我又梦到了这些钻石 |
[26:37] | This dead girl is sending me messages | 那个死去的女孩在向我传递信息 |
[26:39] | and I can’t make any sense of them. | 但是我想不出是什么意思 |
[26:42] | I feel like I have to get a better sense of who she is, | 我想我必须更好的了解下她是谁 |
[26:44] | maybe talk to her friends or see where she lived. | 不然跟她朋友聊一聊 或者看看她住在什么地方 |
[26:47] | Allison,this is a closed case. | Allison 这个案子已经结了 |
[26:49] | Well,apparently | 恩 显然 |
[26:50] | not to the victim or I’d be sleeping a whole lot better. | 对于受害者来说还没有 不然我会睡得好的多 |
[26:53] | Well,the friends thing | 恩 有关朋友一事 |
[26:54] | isn’t something that we can make happen quickly. | 不是我们很快能实现的 |
[26:57] | Maybe I can get you into her apartment. | 或许我能带你去她的住处 |
[26:59] | Would you mind going by yourself? | 你介意一个人去么 |
[27:01] | I’m not sure that I can afford | 我无法保证我能 |
[27:02] | to assign a detective to something that, | 派个侦探去那什么 |
[27:04] | at least from a legal standpoint, | 至少从法律的角度来看 |
[27:05] | has already been resolved. | 这案子已经解决了 |
[27:06] | Okay,I’m fine with that. | 好的 我没什么问题 |
[27:08] | Yeah,Jennie was a very nice girl. | 没错 Jennie是个很好的姑娘 |
[27:11] | She always paid her rent on time. | 她总能按时交房租 |
[27:15] | When the police told me | 当警察告诉我 |
[27:15] | what happened, I was horrified. | 发生了什么的时候 我都惊呆了 |
[27:19] | I haven’t touched the place yet. | 这房间我还没动过 |
[27:21] | They told me not to. | 他们叫我别动 |
[27:24] | Uh… there you go. | 呃… 就这样吧 |
[27:27] | Now it won’t lock on you. | 这样不会把你锁在屋里的 |
[27:28] | Thank you. I won’t be long. | 谢谢 不会很久的 |
[27:49] | Hmm. | 恩 |
[28:42] | Oh. | 奥 |
[28:53] | Jennie. | |
[28:57] | I know this sounds strange, but I can actually see you. | 我知道这听起来很奇怪 但是我确实能看见你 |
[29:03] | I’m so sorry. | 我感到非常遗憾 |
[29:06] | All that you’ve been through. | 有关所有你经历的事情 |
[29:08] | No one’s life should end that way. | 没有人的生命该以那样的方式结束 |
[29:12] | Who did this to you? | 谁对你做了这些的 |
[29:14] | Was it Brian? | 是Brian吗 |
[29:16] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:18] | I want to bring you peace. | 我希望带给你和平 |
[29:20] | I want to bring you justice. | 我希望带给你正义 |
[29:23] | ??? | 我在地检官办公室工作 |
[29:38] | I’m confused. | 我不明白了 |
[29:38] | You say the ghost of Jennie Heffernan did this to you? | 你说是Jennie Heffernan的灵魂 对你这么做的 |
[29:41] | Impressive,ghost packs a hell of a wallop. | 让人印象深刻啊 一个鬼魂有这么大力气 |
[29:43] | I said I thought it was the ghost of Jennie Heffernan. | 我说的是我认为 那是Jennie Heffernan的灵魂 |
[29:46] | Obviously,I was mistaken. | 显然 是我误会了 |
[29:48] | She must have been hiding in here the whole time– | 她一定是一直藏在那儿– |
[29:49] | I don’t know– maybe in that closet. | 我不知道–或许在那个柜子里. |
[29:51] | She must have come out | 她一定是在第一次听见我离开的时候 |
[29:52] | when she heard me leave the first time. | 走出来的 |
[29:54] | Which begs the question: if Jennie is alive | 这回避了问题的实质: 如果Jennie还活着 |
[29:55] | and well enough to assault you,then… | 并且能够袭击你 那… |
[29:57] | Then who are we waiting to defrost at the morgue? | 那我们等着去停尸房解冻的 那个人是谁 |
[29:59] | Well,what was she doing here? | 恩 她在这干什么呢 |
[30:00] | What was she looking for? | 她要找什么 |
[30:03] | Hey,w-will you pass me my purse? | 嘿 能把我的钱包递给我吗 |
[30:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:10] | I wonder if she was looking for this. | 我怀疑她是不是在找这个 |
[30:12] | SCANLON: What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[30:12] | I’m hoping it’s the keys | 希望这是我梦见的 |
[30:13] | to a storage space I’ve been dreaming about. | 那个储存器的钥匙 |
[30:20] | Hello? | 你好 |
[30:21] | MAN Mrs. Dubois, my name is Marcus Canty. | Dubois女士 我是Marcus Canty |
[30:24] | I work with your husband. Excuse me. | 我和你丈夫一起工作 失陪下 |
[30:26] | Is this a bad time? | 现在不方便吗 |
[30:28] | Would it be better if I called you back? | 或者我一会回电你 |
[30:30] | No,this is an excellent time. | 不 现在挺好 |
[30:32] | I’m having an excellent day. | 我今天过的棒极了 |
[30:35] | This has to do with your husband,Mrs. Dubois. | 这是有关你丈夫的 Dubois女士 |
[30:37] | Is he all right? | 他还好吗 |
[30:39] | To be perfectly honest, I’m not sure. | 说实话 我不敢保证 |
[30:41] | I mean,he’s here and he’s fine, | 我的意思是 他在这儿 而且挺好 |
[30:42] | but since he’s come back to work, | 但是自从他回来工作后 |
[30:44] | he hasn’t been attending any meetings; | 还没参加过任何会议 |
[30:46] | he hasn’t been making any phone calls; | 他一个电话都没打过 |
[30:48] | and,uh, I talked to our IT guys | 还有 呃 我和IT人员谈过 |
[30:51] | and even though he switches on his computer in the mornings, | 虽然他早晨会开电脑 |
[30:54] | he doesn’t seem to be signing on to the company server. | 但是似乎他并没有登陆公司服务器 |
[30:57] | Near as I can tell, he,uh, sits in his office | 我尽可能准确地说 他 呃 坐在办公室里 |
[31:00] | with his door locked all day and does God knows what. | 整天锁着门 天知道这是干什么 |
[31:04] | I feel very strongly | 我有很强的感觉 |
[31:06] | that perhaps we had him come back to work too soon. | 或许我们太早让他回来上班了 |
[31:10] | I think perhaps he should see a professional, | 我想或许他应该去看个专业医生 |
[31:13] | a counselor or a therapist. | 咨询医生或者治疗师 |
[31:17] | I can hear that I’ve caught you at work. | 我能听出我是在你上班时间打给你了 |
[31:18] | No,I’m gr… I’m very grateful for your call | 没有 我… 我很感激你的电话 |
[31:20] | and I’m thinking whatever you’re thinking… i-it seems right. | 我在想无论你是怎么想的… 似乎是对的 |
[31:29] | ALLISON: Hiya. | 好啊 |
[31:30] | Hi. | 好 |
[31:30] | What you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[31:32] | Just looking myself up on the Internet. | 在网上查我自己的资料 |
[31:35] | It’s kind of frustrating, actually. | 挺令我失望的 事实上 |
[31:36] | Apparently, I don’t exist, | 显然 我不存在 |
[31:38] | although there is a guy with my name | 虽然有个家伙和我同名 |
[31:39] | who’s all the rage in gay porn. | 他在同志色情中很出名 |
[31:42] | You doing anything interesting? | 你干什么有意思的事了么 |
[31:43] | Nope,sitting in a car, driving across town with Lee, | 没有 坐在车里 和Lee一起过镇 |
[31:48] | talking to my husband. | 和我丈夫说话 |
[31:52] | Love you. | 我爱你 |
[31:53] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[31:58] | Are you sure we shouldn’t stop by an emergency room, | 你确信我们不需要去在急诊室停一下 |
[32:00] | get a proper X- ray or something? | 拍个X光片或什么的 |
[32:02] | Nah,I’m fine. It’s just my head. | 不用 我挺好的 伤了脑袋而已 |
[32:05] | There’s nothing in there anyway. | 不管怎么说 没有东西进去 |
[32:11] | Yeah,I know this girl. | 恩 我认识这姑娘 |
[32:13] | I helped her load a freezer out of here last week. | 我上星期帮她把冷藏柜从这儿搬出去过 |
[32:15] | She was Brian’s girlfriend. | 她是Brian的女友 |
[32:18] | I mean,you know that. | 我的意思是 你知道的 |
[32:19] | It was in the papers. | 报上说了 |
[32:20] | She used to come around here a lot. | 她以前常到这儿来 |
[32:22] | So this is definitely Brian Barbera’s storage unit? | 那这确实是Brian Barbera的储藏室 |
[32:25] | Has been ever since I worked here. | 自从我来这儿工作起就一直是 |
[32:27] | Kid came in like clockwork, every month to pay the rent. | 孩子们来的很准时 每个月来付房租 |
[32:30] | Did you actually want to go inside? | 你真的想进去吗 |
[32:32] | If you do,there’s something I have to ask you to sign. | 如果是的话 这儿有份东西需要你签一下 |
[32:36] | Well,that’s strange. | 奥 真奇怪 |
[32:38] | I take it back. | 我收回我说的话 |
[32:39] | I guess Brian Barbera isn’t the actual tenant of record | 我想记录上显示Brian Barbera 不是这个屋子的 |
[32:42] | for this unit. | 真正房东 |
[32:43] | Then who was? | 那是谁 |
[32:45] | Somebody named Peter Barbera. | 一个叫Peter Barbera的 |
[32:47] | A brother maybe. | 可能是兄弟 |
[32:48] | I don’t think I’ve ever met him. | 我想我没见过他 |
[32:52] | I’m worried about you. | 我很担心你 |
[32:56] | Your boss called. | 你老板打来电话 |
[32:59] | They said they might want you to see someone. | 他们说他们可能希望你见见某人 |
[33:03] | Talk to someone. | 和某人聊聊 |
[33:07] | I think it’s a pretty good idea. | 我想这主意很不错 |
[33:20] | I’ll get it. | 我来接 |
[33:27] | Hello? | 你好 |
[33:28] | SCANLON: He’s not the brother. | 不是他兄弟 |
[33:29] | He’s the father. | 是他父亲 |
[33:30] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[33:31] | Peter Barbera,the man who rents that storage unit– | Peter Barbera 出租储藏室的那个人– |
[33:34] | he’s the father,and he’s been in prison almost eight years. | 他是父亲 在监狱里呆了快八年了 |
[33:36] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:37] | Great story,too. | 也是个精彩的故事 |
[33:38] | Got pulled over for a suspected DUI | 因为涉嫌酒后驾车而被拦车靠边 |
[33:40] | and actually got into it with the officer. | 事实上和那警察一块进去的 |
[33:42] | I mean,big time: | 我的意思是 高手啊 |
[33:43] | blows to the head, then a high-speed chase. | 头部被击 然后高速追赶 |
[33:45] | I mean,this guy’s desperate not to get arrested. | 我指 这家伙竭力逃脱 |
[33:48] | Turns out, it’s his third strike. | 事实上 这是他第3次蹲监狱 |
[33:49] | Then,no sooner do they get him in the joint, | 然后 入狱才刚一会儿 |
[33:51] | then he’s picked out of a line-up | 就从一串人中挑了出来 |
[33:53] | for a local diamond heist. | 涉嫌当地的钻石偷窃案 |
[33:56] | Have I got your attention? | 引起你注意了吧 |
[33:58] | They couldn’t make it stick, never found the diamonds, | 他们破不了案 始终找不到钻石 |
[34:00] | but on the surveillance video of the heist, | 不过有关偷窃的监视器上显示 |
[34:02] | there is a man and a woman, | 那儿有一个男人和一个女人 |
[34:04] | a woman with blond hair. | 一个金发女郎 |
[34:06] | Your boss and I are setting up a visit | 你的老板和我安排了明天 |
[34:07] | at Arizona Correctional with Mr. Barbera for tomorrow. | 在Arizona教养所 和Barbera先生见面 |
[34:10] | Care to join us? | 乐意一块来吗 |
[34:16] | Mr. Barbera, I’m Manuel Devalos, | Barbera先生 我是Manuel Devalos |
[34:18] | District Attorney, the city of Phoenix. | 凤凰城的地检官 |
[34:20] | These are my colleagues… | 这些是我的同事… |
[34:21] | I really don’t care. | 我真的不在乎 |
[34:24] | They buried my son today. | 他们今天埋葬了我儿子 |
[34:26] | You’d think they’d give a guy a day to mourn. | 你会觉得他们应该给我一天的哀悼时间 |
[34:31] | This should speed things along. | 这能加快速度 |
[34:34] | We’re terribly sorry, Mr. Barbera. | 我们深感遗憾 Barbera先生 |
[34:35] | Actually,he’s the reason we’re here. | 事实上 他是我们来这的原因 |
[34:40] | How much do you know about your son’s death? | 关于你儿子的死你知道多少 |
[34:44] | He killed some girl. | 他杀了一个女孩 |
[34:47] | Then he killed himself. | 然后自杀了 |
[34:50] | Can I show you a picture of this girl? | 我能给你看看那女孩的照片吗 |
[35:01] | What’d you say her name was? | 你说她叫什么名字 |
[35:02] | Jennie. Jennie Heffernan. | |
[35:05] | Very interesting girl. | 很有意思的女孩 |
[35:06] | Smart. Very smart,but had a very tragic life. | 聪明 非常聪明 但是生活很悲惨 |
[35:10] | Her mother abandoned her when she was quite young. | 很小的时候就被母亲抛弃 |
[35:12] | For a while,her older sister Haley tried to raise her, | 有一阵子 她姐姐Haley试图抚养她 |
[35:14] | but then Haley got involved with a two-time loser | 但后来Haley和一个犯人好上了 |
[35:17] | that liked to stick up jewelry stores. | 那犯人喜欢抢劫钻石商店 |
[35:20] | Next thing you know, Haley’s nowhere to be found, | 下面的事你也知道 Haley消失了 |
[35:23] | and Jennie’s all alone again. | Jennie又孤身一人了 |
[35:25] | Then she turned up dead, | 然后想不到她就死了 |
[35:26] | and your son confessed in a suicide note. | 你儿子在自杀书上自首了 |
[35:30] | Anyone tell you how he killed her? | 有人告诉你他怎么杀掉她的么 |
[35:33] | Bound her up, stuffed her in a freezer, | 把她捆起来 塞进冷藏柜里 |
[35:34] | doused her with water. | 再浇上水 |
[35:36] | Pretty tragic,huh? | 很惨吧 恩 |
[35:38] | First the sister disappears. | 先是姐姐失踪了 |
[35:41] | Then Jennie’s killed. | 接着Jennie被人杀了 |
[35:42] | Then we realize that this | 然后我们意识到 |
[35:44] | freezer wasn’t always where we found it, | 这冷藏柜是最近才被放到 |
[35:46] | that up until recently, | 事发点的 |
[35:47] | it was in a storage unit you were renting. | 就在你出租的储藏室里 |
[35:51] | Really? | 是么 |
[35:52] | Really. | 是的 |
[35:54] | And that got us to thinking. | 所以这就让我们想到 |
[35:57] | What if Jennie’s sister didn’t disappear at all? | 如果Jennie的姐姐没有失踪呢 |
[36:00] | What if something far more dire | 如果更糟糕的事情 |
[36:02] | happened to her? | 发生在她身上呢 |
[36:03] | For that matter, | 同样的 |
[36:04] | what if it wasn’t Jennie in the freezer? | 如果在冷藏柜里的不是Jennie呢 |
[36:08] | What if your son wasn’t a killer at all? | 如果你的儿子不是杀人凶手呢 |
[36:11] | SCANLON: You got to wonder what we’d find if we tore that place apart. | 你应该会好奇若是我们 把那地方搜个遍会发现什么 |
[36:15] | Think we’d find anything valuable? | 想着我们发现什么有用的东西 |
[36:18] | Think there’d be any,uh– I don’t know– diamonds maybe? | 想着那儿会有 呃 我不知道–有可能会有钻石 |
[36:21] | DEVALOS: In a few days, we’ll be able to positively | 不消几天 我们就能证实 |
[36:23] | identify the woman in that freezer. | 冷藏柜里那女人的身份 |
[36:26] | I’ve got a very strong hunch | 我有很强的预感 |
[36:27] | that it’s not going to be Jennie, | 那不是Jennie |
[36:29] | but maybe her sister Haley, | 可能是她姐姐Haley |
[36:31] | and when we tie her murder to you, | 当我们把她的谋杀案 和你联系起来的时候 |
[36:33] | I intend to seek the death penalty,unless | 我是会申请死刑的 除非 |
[36:35] | you start telling me what you know. | 你告诉我们你知道什么 |
[36:41] | She got away with it. | 她拿着钻石逃走了 |
[36:44] | The perfect murder. | 完美的谋杀 |
[36:47] | She must have been planning it for years, | 她一定筹备了好几年 |
[36:49] | tracking down Peter Barbera’s son Brian, | 追踪Peter Barbera的儿子Brian |
[36:54] | becoming his girlfriend, | 成为他女友 |
[36:56] | getting the key to the storage unit… | 得到储藏室的钥匙… |
[37:00] | finding the diamonds that her sister died for… | 找到她姐姐为之而死的钻石… |
[37:05] | using her own sister’s body | 用她自己姐姐的尸体 |
[37:08] | to make it look like she was dead | 让这看上去像是她死了一样 |
[37:09] | so no one would look for her. | 所以没人会去找到 |
[37:13] | All for those diamonds. | 全是为了那些钻石 |
[37:28] | Night. | 晚安 |
[37:37] | They almost don’t seem real, Haley. | 它们看上去几乎不像真的 Haley |
[37:40] | Yeah,they’re real,Jen. | 不 它们是真的 Jen |
[37:42] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[37:44] | These little babies are going | 这些小乖乖们将要 |
[37:45] | to make all our dreams come true. | 实现我们所有的梦想 |
[37:54] | Haley, | |
[37:55] | pick those up. | 把它们捡起来 |
[37:56] | Give them to me. | 交给我 |
[37:58] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[38:00] | What are you talking about? | 你这是在说什么 |
[38:01] | I just got off the phone with my fence. | 我刚和买主(指买赃物的人)打完电话 |
[38:04] | He won’t touch ’em till they cool down. | 直到钻石冷却了他才会买 |
[38:06] | Two weeks at least. | 至少两星期 |
[38:08] | I got to hide them. | 我得把它们藏起来 |
[38:10] | Hide ’em? | 把它们藏起来 |
[38:12] | Or run with them? | 还是带着它们逃跑 |
[38:15] | You want to come with me? | 你想和我一起走吗 |
[38:17] | I got the perfect spot. | 我有个绝妙的地方 |
[38:18] | A real bull’s-eye. | 真正的靶心 |
[38:20] | A little place where I keep my hunting gear. | 一个小地方 我用来放打猎工具的 |
[38:24] | Yes,as a matter of fact,I do. | 是的 事实上 我想去 |
[38:28] | Jennie,come on. Get up. Let’s go. | Jennie 来吧 起来 我们走 |
[38:31] | Peter’s got a place he needs us to go. | Peter需要我们去个地方 |
[38:33] | A real bull’s-eye. | 一个真正的靶心 |
[38:34] | Whoa,whoa,wait. What are you doing? | 喔 喔 等一下 你这是干什么呢 |
[38:36] | The kid’s in her pajamas. | 小孩还穿着睡衣 |
[38:38] | It’s the middle of the night. | 深更半夜的 |
[38:39] | This’ll take 15 minutes. | 这要花15分钟时间 |
[38:40] | Let’s just go run over there. | 我们跑过去就是了 |
[38:42] | I’ll have you back in no time. | 我会很快让你回来的 |
[38:46] | Jennie,we’re going to be right back. | Jennie 我们马上就回来 |
[38:48] | I want you to lock the door behind us | 我希望我们走后你把门锁上 |
[38:50] | and don’t open it for anyone,okay? | 任何人来都不要开门 好吗 |
[38:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:58] | What? | 怎么了 |
[39:01] | Don’t worry about them. | 别担心它们 |
[39:03] | I’ll keep an eye on the diamonds for the both of us. | 我会为我们俩看好这些钻石的 |
[39:06] | Are we rich now? | 我们现在富吗 |
[39:07] | Sure we are. | 当然的 |
[39:08] | Soon as we sell these diamonds, | 只要我们把这些钻石卖了 |
[39:10] | we’ll have everything and anything we want. | 我们就能得到 所有任何我们想要的东西 |
[39:13] | We’ll be able to do anything, | 我们就能做任何事情 |
[39:15] | go anywhere. | 去任何地方 |
[39:17] | Even Mexico? | 甚至是墨西哥 |
[39:19] | Even Mexico. | 甚至是墨西哥 |
[39:27] | Be back soon. | 马上回来 |
[39:28] | Back soon. | 马上回来 |
[40:04] | Hello? | 你好 |
[40:05] | SCANLON: I’m sorry to call you this late, | 抱歉这么晚打电话给你 |
[40:07] | but I thought you’d want to know. | 但我想你会想知道的 |
[40:09] | Got a call from Customs. | 接到海关的电话 |
[40:10] | She’s already used her passport. | 她已经用了护照 |
[40:11] | Mexico. | 墨西哥 |
[40:13] | Based on the partial fingerprint we were able to get, | 根据我们能采到的部分指纹 |
[40:15] | this is definitely Haley Heffernan. | 这绝对是Haley Heffernan |
[40:18] | Cause of death: suffocation. She drowned. | 死因:窒息 她是溺死的 |
[40:21] | You mentioned on the phone | 你在电话里说 |
[40:21] | that in the course of your examination | 在检查过程中 |
[40:23] | you’d come across something unexpected. | 你遇到了些意外的东西 |
[40:25] | Over here. | 在这边 |
[40:28] | We found this during the autopsy. | 我们在验尸的时候发现了这个 |
[40:30] | When I examined the stomach contents | 我检查胃含物的时候 |
[40:32] | I found a latex balloon. | 发现了一个乳胶球囊 |
[40:34] | When I cut the balloon open… | 我把球囊切开后… |
[40:36] | I found these. | 发现了这些东西 |
[40:37] | Oh,my God. | 奥 上帝啊 |
[40:39] | According to the boys in Robbery-Homicide, | 按照抢劫杀人的那帮家伙的说法 |
[40:41] | they’re real. | 它们是真的 |
[40:43] | She swallowed the diamonds. | 她把钻石吞下去了 |
[40:45] | But if these are the real diamonds… | 不过如果这些是真的钻石的话… |
[40:46] | what did Jennie steal? | 那Jennie偷的是什么 |
[40:50] | I don’t know where you’re from,miss, | 我不知道你是哪儿人 小姐 |
[40:52] | but here in Tijuana we don’t take too kindly | 但是在Tijuana这儿 我们对那些想要交易假钻石的人 |
[40:55] | to somebody trying to pass off fake diamonds. | 可不怎么客气 |
[40:58] | Fake? | 假的 |
[41:00] | What are you talking about fake? They can’t be. | 你说什么假的呢 它们不可能是假的 |
[41:02] | Fake. Glass. | 假的 玻璃罢了 |
[41:05] | Now leave. | 现在给我走 |
[41:06] | Get out of here before I call the police. | 在我报警前离开这儿 |
[41:09] | But they can’t be fake. | 可是他们不可能是假的啊 |
[41:12] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白的 |
[41:15] | I don’t have anywhere to go. | 我无处可去 |
[41:16] | I don’t have any money. | 一分钱也没有 |
[41:17] | Policia? | 警察局吗 |
[41:19] | Hay una gringa aqui muy suspiciosa. | 我这儿有个外国女的非常可疑 |
[41:26] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[41:30] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[41:32] | Thanks for asking. | 谢谢关心 |
[41:35] | Yeah,I’m fine. | 是啊 我挺好 |
[41:38] | A bunch of things I couldn’t figure out… | 一堆事情 我想不明白… |
[41:42] | I think make sense. | 但我认为有点意思 |
[41:45] | How about you? Are you okay? | 你呢 还好吗 |
[41:51] | Yeah,actually. | 还好 真的 |
[41:55] | I think for the first time in a while… | 我想这是这么长时间来第一次… |
[41:59] | I feel fine,too. | 我也感觉很好 |