时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | WOMAN: Oh, my God, you’re gambling again. | 奥 我的天 你又在赌了 |
[00:06] | Hey, I’m talking to you! | 嘿 跟你说话呢 |
[00:08] | Yeah, yeah, I know, babe. | 恩 恩 我知道 宝贝 |
[00:09] | If you could just hold that thought till the end of this quarter. | 等这一小节完了就好 |
[00:20] | You want to put that back on? | 你要再打开电视机么 |
[00:21] | No, I don’t. | 不 没这打算 |
[00:24] | In case you’ve forgotten, | 怕你忘了 |
[00:25] | it’s my money that’s paying for this room, | 付这房子的是我的钱 |
[00:28] | just like it’s going to be my money that covers your bad bet. | 就好比你赌输了要我来帮你付钱一样 |
[00:33] | Fine. Message delivered. | 好啊 话都说明白了 |
[00:36] | It’s your money we play with in this marriage. | 这场婚姻挥霍的都是你的钱 |
[00:39] | You’re the one with the trust fund. | 有信托基金的那个人是你 |
[00:40] | Now put the set back on. | 现在把电视机给我打开 |
[00:43] | You know, Walt, it’s times like these | 你知道么 Walt 就在这些时候 |
[00:46] | I thank God my mother made me get a prenup. | 感谢上帝 我妈妈让我签了婚前协议 |
[00:51] | What? | 怎么 |
[00:52] | You going to hit me? | 要打我 |
[00:54] | Go ahead. | 来啊 |
[00:56] | Make all this even easier. | 那事情就更简单了 |
[00:58] | Hit you? | 打你 |
[00:59] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[01:01] | I wish you were dead. | 我巴不得你死 |
[01:34] | Walt? | |
[01:53] | Natalie Paxton? | |
[01:56] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[01:57] | ‘Cause you grabbed your neck. | 因为你抓着脖子 |
[01:59] | You always grab your neck | 你梦到Natalie Paxton的时候 |
[02:00] | when you’re dreaming about Natalie Paxton. | 都会抓住脖子 |
[02:02] | I guess I do, don’t I? | 我想是吧 不是么 |
[02:04] | Oh, well, those dreams can’t go on much longer. | 奥 那些梦不会再继续很久了 |
[02:08] | Tomorrow’s closing arguments, right? | 明天是结辩 对吧 |
[02:11] | So it seems pretty clear that jury’s gonna | 很显然 陪审团要让她丈夫 |
[02:13] | send her husband away forever. | 彻底从人间蒸发 |
[02:16] | Let’s hope so. | 但愿吧 |
[02:19] | And the only thing I don’t get is how | 我唯一不能明白的是 |
[02:21] | after having the same dream over and over again, | 在你一次又一次做相同的梦之后 |
[02:23] | it still manages to scare you. | 它还能吓到你 |
[02:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:27] | The whole thing is so morbid. | 这整桩事情都太变态了 |
[02:29] | The guy kills his wife. | 这家伙杀了他老婆 |
[02:31] | He chops off her head. | 砍了她的头 |
[02:32] | And then takes it, puts it somewhere. | 然后拿着它 放到某个地方 |
[02:36] | Hides it somewhere. | 藏到某个地方 |
[02:37] | But, honey, you’ve dreamt this dream how many times now? | 但是 亲爱的 到现在为止你做过几次这个梦了 |
[02:40] | I mean, after a while, | 我是说 这阵儿之后 |
[02:41] | don’t you start to get a little… desensitized? | 难道你就没变得…不敏感些 |
[02:44] | No, I don’t. Not even a little. | 不 没有 一点都没有 |
[02:46] | Personally, I’m starting to think | 就我而言 我开始有这想法 |
[02:48] | it might be time to have a conversation with the late Mrs. Paxton. | 或许是时候 和这个死去的Paxton夫人聊聊了 |
[02:51] | Explain to her there may be other dead people | 告诉她或许还有别的死者 |
[02:54] | who need your help, | 需要你的帮助 |
[02:55] | and she can’t be monopolizing your dreamtime like this. | 还有她不能就这样霸占你做梦的时间 |
[02:57] | Yeah? Well, next time I see her, I’ll tell her. | 奥 好吧 下次再见到她的时候我会告诉她的 |
[03:00] | Right after I ask her where her loving husband stashed her head. | 就在我问完她心爱的丈夫 把她的头藏在哪儿之后 |
[03:10] | Allison! | |
[03:12] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[03:14] | It was Natalie. | 是Natalie |
[03:15] | Paxton. Got it. | Paxton 对了吧 |
[04:04] | Girls, come on! | 姑娘们 来吧 |
[04:06] | I’ve got cereal getting soggy in here! | 麦片粥都泡好了 |
[04:11] | Sweetie, what is it? What’s wrong? | 亲爱的 这是什么 出什么事了 |
[04:15] | Are you hurt? | 你受伤了 |
[04:17] | Well, I don’t understand. | 我不明白了 |
[04:17] | Why aren’t you talking? | 你为什么不说话呢 |
[04:18] | She can’t talk. | 她不能说话 |
[04:20] | She’s not allowed. | 不准说 |
[04:21] | Not allowed? | 不准 |
[04:23] | She’s jinxed! | 她被触到霉头了 |
[04:25] | Okay, Ariel, why don’t you tell me what’s going on here? | 为什么不跟我说说这是发生什么了 |
[04:27] | Well, Marie sneezed this morning | 恩 Marie今天早晨打了个喷嚏 |
[04:29] | and that person over there and I both said “bless you,” | 然后那小家伙和我都说 “上帝保佑” |
[04:32] | so I jinxed her. | 所以呢 我让她倒了霉 |
[04:35] | And now she can’t speak until someone says her name, | 现在她不能说话 直到某个人叫她名字 |
[04:37] | or she’ll have bad luck for the rest of her life. | 不然她就会一直倒霉下去 |
[04:39] | You’re kidding. I remember this from when I was a girl. | 你开玩笑吧 打我小时候起我就记得这个 |
[04:41] | Honey, it’s okay. | 亲爱的 没事的 |
[04:43] | It’s just a game. It’s not true. | 这不过是个游戏罢了 不是真的 |
[04:46] | Yes, it is. | 不 这是真的 |
[04:47] | And it’s not a game. | 而且这不是游戏 |
[04:48] | It’s a curse that’s been around for thousands of years. | 这是个咒语 存在了几千年的 |
[04:54] | Don’t do it, Mom, or you’ll have bad luck for the rest of your life. | 别这么做 妈妈 不然你下半辈子都会走霉运的 |
[04:58] | Bridgette. | |
[04:59] | Bridgette, Bridgette, Bridgette. | |
[05:02] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[05:03] | I thought I wouldn’t ever be able to talk again! | 我以为我再也没法说话了呢 |
[05:07] | Oh, no, that’d be awful. | 奥 不是吧 那就太糟糕了 |
[05:09] | Okay, guys, come on, finish your cereal. | 好了 小家伙们 来吧 把麦片粥喝了 |
[05:11] | I gotta go talk to Daddy. | 我去和爸爸谈谈 |
[05:18] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:20] | Help me out here. | 帮我下 |
[05:21] | Which, which one of these shirts looks the most well-adjusted? | 这些体恤中哪件看上去最合适 |
[05:27] | Well, I say the… the one on the left looks, | 恩 我说是… 左边那件看上去 |
[05:31] | uh, a little paranoid to me. | 呃 在我看来有点偏执 |
[05:33] | And the one on the right looks like it has anger issues. | 右边那件看上去像是在抱不平 |
[05:39] | Pretty excited about going to the therapist, huh? | 去治疗师那儿很激动吧 恩 |
[05:40] | Oh, yeah. Huh? | 恩 是的 这件 |
[05:46] | Well, you want some company? | 恩 要我陪你一程么 |
[05:48] | Going to the company- ordered shrink? | 去那公司- 预约的治疗师 |
[05:50] | Well, yeah, I could drive you. | 恩 是啊 我能送你过去 |
[05:51] | You know, wait with you. | 你知道 陪你一块等 |
[05:53] | Who knows? Maybe he’ll even let me come in with you. | 谁知道呢 或许他会让我和你一起进去 |
[05:55] | Al, I can do this. | 啊 我能搞妥的 |
[05:56] | I appreciate the offer, but I can do this. | 我很感谢这提议 但是我能搞妥的 |
[05:58] | No. I know you can. | 不 我知道你能 |
[06:00] | You’re worried about me. I get it. | 你是担心我 我明白的 |
[06:02] | And I appreciate it, but I’ll be fine. I am fine. | 我很感激 但是我会没事的 现在就挺好 |
[06:06] | You know, I think they’re right. | 你知道 我想他们说的对 |
[06:08] | Maybe I went back to work too soon, | 或许我太早回去工作了 |
[06:11] | so if they want me to go talk to this guy, I’m happy to go talk to this guy. | 所以如果他们要我去和那家伙谈话 我很乐意去和他聊聊 |
[06:15] | Besides, isn’t today closing arguments? | 还有 今天不是结辩么 |
[06:18] | It’s not like I’m actually in the courtroom. | 事实上 不是真像要我在法庭里那样 |
[06:20] | Devalos just likes to have me around the office, | Devalos不过希望我呆在办公室里 |
[06:22] | just hanging around in case he needs something. | 就是呆在那儿以防他有什么需要 |
[06:25] | Trust me, he won’t even notice if I’m not there. | 相信我 他甚至根本就不会注意到我没在那儿 |
[06:28] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[06:29] | Be there. I’ll be fine. | 去那儿吧 我会没事的 |
[06:31] | DEVALOS: What does “circumstantial” mean? | 无法证实 是什么意思 |
[06:34] | The defense will try to attack the people’s case as “circumstantial.” | 辩护律师将试图以无法证实来抨击这个案件 |
[06:38] | They want you to assume | 期求您假设 |
[06:41] | that “circumstantial” and “not guilty” are one and the same. | “无法证实”和“无罪”同出一辙 |
[06:44] | They are not. You know this. | 实则不是 如你所知 |
[06:47] | Your common sense will tell you this– | 你的常识如此述之– |
[06:49] | your common sense in combination with the testimony you’ve heard in this courtroom. | 常识加之你所听到的庭供 |
[06:53] | So let’s review that testimony. | 所以让我们回顾口供 |
[06:55] | You’ve heard from Walter Paxton’s bookies | 你们已听过Walter Paxton的赌友 |
[06:58] | and business associates. | 和商业伙伴的陈述 |
[06:58] | They’ve testified to his lies, | 他们证实了他的谎言 |
[07:02] | his history of stealing from his wife | 从他妻子处偷窃的历史 |
[07:04] | and his escalating gambling debts. | 以及激增的赌债 |
[07:06] | You’ve heard from Natalie Paxton’s accountants, | 你们已听过Natalie Paxton的会计的陈述 |
[07:08] | how they had recently informed Mr. Paxton | 他们最近如何提醒Paxton先生 |
[07:11] | that he was about to be cut off. | 有关他将被裁员一事 |
[07:14] | You’ve heard from a number of matrimonial | 你们已听过许多婚姻及 |
[07:16] | and family attorneys testifying to the iron-clad nature | 家庭律师证实Walter和他亡妻 |
[07:19] | of Walter and his late wife’s prenuptial agreement, | 婚前协议的不可撤消性 |
[07:22] | how anything other than his wife’s death | 除他妻子之死以外任何事物 |
[07:24] | would leave him broke and in debt to violent criminals. | 如何使他破产欠债以致身变暴力犯 |
[07:28] | And you’ve heard a proprietor of a knife shop say | 你们也已听了一刀店业主的陈述 |
[07:30] | that the defendant purchased a blade | 被告所购的刀 |
[07:32] | that matches the incisions on Natalie Paxton’s body– | 正与Natalie Paxton尸体上的伤口相吻– |
[07:35] | a knife that he cannot or will not produce for this court. | 而他不能也不会将刀当庭示众 |
[07:42] | You’ve heard about the night of the killing. | 你们已听说了那凶案之夜 |
[07:45] | The screaming fight in the hotel room. | 旅馆房间内的尖声力搏 |
[07:46] | The defendant seen leaving the lobby carrying a satchel. | 被告被目击携一背包离开大堂 |
[07:50] | The three subsequent hours for which the defendant cannot account, | 随即3个小时被告无力解释 |
[07:54] | hours spent, he claims, driving the streets in anger. | 这些时间用来 他声称 驾车而怒火中烧 |
[07:59] | And it was during those hours, | 恰是那几个小时 |
[08:01] | that the defendant, Walter Paxton, | 被告 Walter Paxton |
[08:03] | would have you believe that someone else | 会令你们信服有另一个人 |
[08:06] | entered his hotel room, someone else using Walter Paxton’s key card, | 进入他的旅馆房间 另一个人盗用了Walter Paxton的钥匙卡 |
[08:11] | Someone else with a knife exactly like Walter Paxton’s. | 另一个人携带着和Walter Paxton 一模一样的刀 |
[08:15] | And once inside, | 一旦进了屋 |
[08:16] | what did this someone else do? | 这另一个人做了什么 |
[08:18] | Why, he decapitated Walter’s Paxton’s wife, of course, | 恩 他将Walter Paxton的妻子斩首 无疑地 |
[08:22] | and kept her head as a souvenir! | 然后将她的头纪念收藏 |
[08:26] | JUDGE: Please, folks. | 大家安静 |
[08:28] | So what do we think? | 觉得如何 |
[08:30] | I’d rather have a knife or some DNA | 我倒宁可有那把刀啊 或者一些DNA啊 |
[08:32] | or a fingerprint, but failing that… | 要不然就是一个指纹啊 不过这些都没有的情况下… |
[08:33] | you were pretty damn magnificent. | 你简直帅呆了 |
[08:36] | Ah. Terrific. | 啊 好极了 |
[08:39] | No, I’m here. | 不 我在这儿呢 |
[08:40] | I’m not going anywhere. | 哪儿也不去 |
[08:41] | Maybe just grab a sandwich or something. | 可能去弄个三明治什么的 |
[08:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:45] | See you then. | 一会见 |
[08:48] | Can I help you? | 有什么我能帮的上忙的么 |
[08:49] | Yeah, I, um, I’m, so sorry to bother you. | 恩 我 呃 我 很抱歉打扰你 |
[08:51] | Do you happen to own a beige-colored Volvo station wagon? | 你是不是有一辆灰棕色的Volvo轿车 |
[08:55] | Parked on the ground floor of the municipal garage out here? | 停在外面的市政停车场底层 |
[08:58] | WOMAN: I feel terrible. | 我感觉坏极了 |
[08:59] | I was in a rush because I got a message from the DMV saying | 我正赶路呢 因为机动车辆部给我发了个信息说是 |
[09:02] | they were gonna take away my license | 要扣我驾照 |
[09:03] | if I didn’t pay my parking tickets and | 如果我不付了我的违规停车罚单的话 |
[09:04] | I guess I didn’t realize how many I’d racked up | 我想我是记不得我已经积了多少 |
[09:07] | and how long they’ve been unpaid for, ’cause, well, | 或者他们多久没收到我的钱了 因为 呃 |
[09:10] | I can’t really do my job without being able to drive. | 如果开不了车的话 我会上不成班的 |
[09:12] | So anyway, I was pulling in and I must’ve misjudged | 所以不管怎么说 我当时正在停车 我一定是搞错了 |
[09:14] | where your car was because… smack. | 你的车停的位置 因为… 擦到了 |
[09:18] | You’re being really nice about this. Most people… | 你真是太好了 大部分人… |
[09:20] | Well, most people wouldn’t be quite so nice. | 恩 大部分人不会这么好的 |
[09:22] | Oh, I think you have it backwards. | 奥 我想你是说反了 |
[09:23] | Most people wouldn’t come looking for me. | 大部分人根本不会来找我 |
[09:25] | Most people wouldn’t bother to put a note on the car. | 大部分人连个条都懒得放车上 |
[09:28] | Really? You think? | 真的 你这么想的 |
[09:36] | You can’t even see it, can you? | 你甚至都看不出来吧 是吗 |
[09:39] | See? | 看见了么 |
[09:41] | Smack. | 擦痕 |
[09:42] | That? I wouldn’t even have noticed it | 就那个 我甚至都不会注意到 |
[09:44] | if you didn’t point it out. | 如果你不指给我看的话 |
[09:45] | This car’s not in pristine condition. | 这车也不新了 |
[09:47] | Well, all the same, here is my information. | 恩 一样啦 这是我联系方式 |
[09:50] | Get an estimate and I’ll pay to have it fixed. | 估个价然后我来付修车费 |
[09:52] | Pay to have what fixed? | 付修什么的钱 |
[09:54] | You know what? | 你知道么 |
[09:55] | Are you married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[09:57] | You’re married– get your husband to look at it. | 你结婚了– 让你老公看看 |
[09:59] | If you do decide to get it fixed, | 如果你决定了要修的话 |
[10:01] | then you’ve got my name and number. | 那你已经有了我的名字和电话 |
[10:02] | Well, you are sweet but this is completely unnecessary. | 奥 你真好 不过这完全没有必要 |
[10:06] | Okay. Well, um… | 好吧 呃… |
[10:08] | How about lunch then? | 吃个午饭怎么样 |
[10:10] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[10:10] | Well, now I think that you think that I’m a nut or something. | 恩 我想现在你一定觉得我是疯子或什么的 |
[10:14] | I’ve bothered you, I’ve wasted your time. | 我打扰了你 浪费了你的时候 |
[10:17] | At least let me buy you lunch. | 至少让我给你买午饭吧 |
[10:19] | I don’t think you’re a nut, | 我没觉得你是疯子 |
[10:20] | but, honestly, uh, we’re in the middle of a trial. | 但是 说实话 呃 我们正在进行一个审判 |
[10:23] | My boss is kind of counting on me to be in the office. | 我的好老板让我呆在办公室里 |
[10:25] | Well, how about tomorrow, then? | 恩 那明天呢 怎么样 |
[10:27] | It’d make me feel better. | 那会让我好受点的 |
[10:31] | All right. You know what? | 好吧 你知道么 |
[10:32] | Forget that. The truth is, | 忘了那个 事实是 |
[10:34] | it’s completely selfish on my part. | 这完全出于我的自私 |
[10:36] | I’m here for a couple of weeks. | 我要在这呆几个星期 |
[10:38] | I don’t know that many people. | 我不认识那么多人 |
[10:39] | You seem nice. | 你看起来不错 |
[10:42] | Well, the thing is… | 恩 问题是… |
[10:45] | I don’t really know what tomorrow’s gonna hold. | 我真的不知道明天会发生什么 |
[10:48] | Doesn’t matter. I’ll call you. | 没关系 我会给你电话的 |
[10:52] | Okay, you win! | 好吧 你赢了 |
[10:53] | You’re a nut! I am! | 你是个疯子 没错 |
[10:55] | You hear that? That’s your phone ringing. | 听见了么 你电话响了 |
[10:57] | That’s me calling you right now. | 那是我现在在打你电话呢 |
[10:59] | It was nice meeting you, uh, Debra. | 见到你很高兴 呃 Debra |
[11:01] | (quietly): I think. | 我想是吧 |
[11:03] | Lunch tomorrow. It’s a date. | 明天一块吃午饭 这可是约会奥 |
[11:10] | So what are you so angry about? | 那你生什么气呢 |
[11:13] | It can’t just be coming here to see me. | 不会是就过来看看我吧 |
[11:16] | Who said I’m angry? | 谁说我生气了 |
[11:18] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[11:20] | It’s pouring off you. | 你满是怒气 |
[11:21] | You’re a walking billboard for anger. | 就像块愤怒的活广告牌 |
[11:24] | No, I think you’re wrong. I don’t think I’m angry. | 不 我想你说错了 我不觉得我在生气 |
[11:27] | A little depressed, maybe. | 有点失落吧 可能 |
[11:28] | I saw two coworkers get shot and killed. | 我看见两个同事被枪射死了 |
[11:31] | Call me crazy, but I think that gives me the right to be a little down. | 说我疯了吧 但是我想那给了我一点失落的权利 |
[11:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:39] | We’ll… play it your way– depressed. | 我们就… 按你说的–失落 |
[11:43] | By the way, do you know what depression is? | 顺便说下 你知道什么是抑郁症么 |
[11:45] | Why? Aren’t you allowed to have it even if you can’t describe it? | 怎么 难道你解释不了就不能得么 |
[11:48] | No, I don’t know what it is. | 我 我不知道那是什么 |
[11:50] | I just know what it feels like. | 我只知道那是什么感觉 |
[11:53] | Well, let me tell you about it, then. | 恩 那我来告诉你吧 |
[11:55] | In men, it’s often a function of un-channeled anger. | 对于男人而已 这是一种 无处宣泄的愤怒的作用 |
[12:00] | A sense of despair, helplessness, | 一种绝望 无助 |
[12:01] | brought on by… situations completely beyond our control. | 由于… 我们完全无力控制的局面引起的 |
[12:07] | You go to work. | 你工作 |
[12:09] | You like going to work; it fulfills you. | 喜欢工作;它让你充实 |
[12:11] | You support your family, | 你支撑你的家庭 |
[12:12] | hold up that end of the bargain you have with society– | 履行你的社会义务– |
[12:15] | as a father, as a husband, as a contributor, | 最为一个父亲 一个丈夫 一个贡献者 |
[12:18] | as a breadwinner. | 一个一家之主 |
[12:20] | Work is safe– you know what’s expected of you, | 工作是安全的–你只你需要做什么 |
[12:22] | and for the most part, you can deliver. | 并且绝大部分 你能做到 |
[12:24] | And then, one day, someone shows up with a gun, | 然后 某一天 一个人拿了把枪出现 |
[12:27] | and all the rules change. | 之后所有的规则都改变了 |
[12:31] | Not going to work means, possibly, | 不去工作 以为着 有可能地 |
[12:32] | potentially putting your life on the line. | 潜在地使你的生命陷入困境 |
[12:41] | A person has a right to get mad about that. | 一个人是有权利因此愤怒的 |
[12:45] | About the deal changing like that. | 像那样的交易转变 |
[13:13] | Thank you both for making time. | 谢谢你们两位安排时间 |
[13:15] | It’s all right– everyone’s pretty much gone. | 没事的– 人差不多都走了 |
[13:16] | Please. | 请 |
[13:18] | That was, uh, quite a closing argument. | 那可是 呃 很棒的结辩啊 |
[13:22] | I agree– so shouldn’t you be home preparing yours? | 我也这么认为– 那你不应该回家准备你的 |
[13:26] | What can we do for you, counselor? | 我们能帮上什么忙么 律师大人 |
[13:29] | Given the events of the day, I’d be willing to try | 就目前形势来看 我愿意尝试 |
[13:31] | and convince my client that it might be to his advantage | 说服我的当事人接受二级谋杀辩护 |
[13:34] | to accept a plea of murder two. | 或许能对他有利 |
[13:37] | I’d be looking for 25 years with time served, | 我会寻求25年服刑期 |
[13:39] | and a guarantee that my client would be eligible for parole in 12 years. | 以及我的当事人在12年后合格假释的保证 |
[13:45] | Think about it. | 考虑下吧 |
[13:47] | Get back to me. | 记得回复我 |
[14:00] | The man chopped his wife’s head off. | 那男人砍了他老婆的脑袋 |
[14:03] | It’s a bird in the hand, Manuel– take it, | 这可是一鸟在手啊 Manuel– 接受吧 |
[14:05] | and tomorrow morning it’s over. | 到明天早晨这就全结束了 |
[14:07] | He’s behind bars, and you’re all over the news as a winning D.A. | 他锒铛入狱 而你就会作为胜诉辩护律师遍布报端 |
[14:10] | You know what? | 你知道么 |
[14:11] | You amaze me– not two minutes ago, | 你让我吃惊– 不到两分钟前 |
[14:13] | you were sitting there talking about what a powerful and stirirring closing argument it was. | 你坐在那儿 说那是多么有力多么激动人心的结辩 |
[14:16] | And it was, but the case is circumstantial. | 那确实是 但这案子无法证实 |
[14:20] | I can’t be certain he did it, and neither can you. | 我不能肯定是他干的 而你也不能 |
[14:24] | And I just worry that when that jury gets behind closed doors, | 我只是担心当陪审团闭门讨论的时候 |
[14:27] | they just might say the same thing to themselves. | 他们可能会对他们自己说同样的话 |
[14:33] | It’s a trial, Manuel– anything can happen. | 这是审判 Manuel– 任何事情都可能发生 |
[14:40] | Let me know what you decide. | 告诉我你的决定 |
[14:50] | I will call you | 我决定之后 |
[14:52] | when I’ve reached a decision! | 会打电话给你的 |
[14:55] | She wants to make a deal, doesn’t she? | 她想做成个交易 不是么 |
[14:58] | Alison, I’m sorry, I thought you were… | Alison抱歉 我以为你在… |
[15:00] | What did she offer? | 她提的什么 |
[15:03] | (sighs): Murder two. | 二级谋杀 |
[15:05] | 25 years, eligibility for parole in 12. | 25年刑期 12年后合格假释 |
[15:11] | The truth is, I should take it– | 事实是 我应该接受– |
[15:12] | the case is circumstantial. | 这案子无法证实 |
[15:14] | The jury’ll get hung up again, | 陪审团将被搁置 |
[15:15] | and then we’ll be right back where we started. | 然后我又得回到起点重新开始 |
[15:19] | Maybe it doesn’t matter. | 或许这没什么事 |
[15:21] | I dream the same dream every night, | 我每天晚上都做同一个梦 |
[15:24] | and there is nothing circumstantial about it. | 而那没什么无法证实的 |
[15:26] | There’s nothing equivocal about it. | 没什么不清楚的 |
[15:28] | He sneaks up behind her like a coward. | 他像个懦夫一样藏在她身后 |
[15:32] | You should see his face– | 你应该看看他那副嘴脸– |
[15:33] | the smug pleasure he takes in it. | 那种幸灾乐祸的样子 |
[15:35] | Her life is gone! | 她的生命就这么结束了 |
[15:37] | I’m not just talking about the years ahead of her, | 我不仅仅在说她之后的日子 |
[15:39] | I’m talking about the ones she already lived. | 我说的是她已经度过的岁月 |
[15:42] | Everything that she did, everything she accomplished, | 她所做的所有事情 得到的所有成就 |
[15:45] | it’s all reduced to: “She’s the woman who got her head cut off.” | 全部化为: “她就是那被砍头的女人” |
[15:49] | And he’s gonna get 12 years? | 而他只判了12年 |
[15:51] | That’s not justice! | 那不是正义 |
[15:53] | That’s some kind of perverse expedience! | 那是在罔顾事实 草草收场 |
[16:01] | Well, don’t worry about it. | 好了 别担心了 |
[16:05] | We’re not gonna do expedience today. | 我们今天不会草率行事的 |
[16:07] | We’re gonna finish trying this case. | 我们要完成这案子的审判 |
[16:09] | We’re gonna trust the jury. | 我们要相信陪审团 |
[16:12] | Good | 好 |
[16:15] | What, that’s it? That’s it. | 什么 就这样 就这样 |
[16:17] | But that’s nothing– that’s less than nothing. | 但这没什么– 根本就没什么 |
[16:20] | I know– that’s what I thought. | 我知道– 我也这么想 |
[16:22] | So, what do you think– | 那 你怎么想– |
[16:23] | do I even bother getting an estimate? | 有必要做个估价么 |
[16:26] | For a ding that small? | 就为了那么小道口子 |
[16:28] | Yeah, you’re right, it’s crazy. | 是啊 你说对了 这太疯狂了 |
[16:34] | She wants to have lunch. | 她想请我吃午饭 |
[16:36] | I’m sorry. Who’s that? | 抱歉 是谁呢 |
[16:38] | The woman who hit my car; she wants to have lunch. | 撞我车的那女人; 她想请我吃午饭 |
[16:41] | I might do it, too. | 我可能也会这么干的 |
[16:42] | Mm. Pretty risky– eating… | 恩 很冒险啊– 吃午餐… |
[16:46] | with another person… | 和另外一个人… |
[16:48] | in public. | 在公共场合 |
[16:50] | Don’t joke. | 别开玩笑了 |
[16:52] | It’s hard for me. | 这对我来说很难 |
[16:53] | I don’t have many friends. | 我朋友不多 |
[16:55] | When I meet people– I can’t explain it– | 当我和人见面的时候– 我说不清– |
[16:58] | I don’t know, I immediately know too much. | 我不知道 我一下就知道太多东西 |
[17:03] | Makes it hard. | 让这变得困难 |
[17:05] | So, what is it about this one, then? | 那 这次又是什么呢 |
[17:07] | She was nice. | 她很好 |
[17:08] | It was nice of her to come and find me, and she was funny. | 她能过来找我真是不错 而且她很有意思 |
[17:11] | Besides, she’s only in town for a couple of weeks, | 还有 她就在这呆几个星期 |
[17:14] | so if I start sensing things that I don’t like, I… | 所以哪怕我开始感到我不喜欢的事情 我… |
[17:29] | So, how was therapy? How was the therapist? | 治疗进行的怎么样 那治疗师呢 |
[17:31] | Oh, he said I was angry. | 奥 他说我很生气 |
[17:33] | Oh, yeah? What did you make of that? | 哦 是么 你怎么回应的 |
[17:35] | It pissed me off. | 这让我反感 |
[17:37] | BAILIFF: All risefor the Honorable Judge Arthur Brock. | 请起身欢迎尊敬的法官大人Arthur Brock |
[17:40] | This Criminal Court of Mariposa County is now in session, | Mariposa郡刑事法庭现在开始庭审 |
[17:43] | the Honorable Judge Arthur Brock presiding. | 由尊敬的法官大人Arthur Brock主持 |
[17:47] | You may be seated. | 请就位 |
[17:51] | The court will now continue to hear closing ar… | 现在法庭将继续听取结辩… |
[17:56] | The defendant may be seated. | 被告请就位 |
[17:58] | Your Honor, may I address the bench? | 法官大人 我能自行辩护么 |
[18:00] | Walter, what are you… | Walter 你在… |
[18:01] | Counsel, what is your client doing? | 辩护律师 你的当时人在做什么 |
[18:03] | I wish to dismiss my attorney, Your Honor. | 我希望撤除我的律师 法官大人 |
[18:05] | Walter, sit down! | Walter 坐下 |
[18:07] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[18:08] | Your Honor, it has just come to my attention | 法官大人 我刚注意到 |
[18:10] | that my counsel attempted to make a deal with the prosecution. | 我的辩护律师试图串通原告 |
[18:13] | She did this behind my back | 她背着我这么做 |
[18:16] | (crowd murmuring) to put me in prison for 25 years! | 让我服刑25年 |
[18:18] | JUDGE: All right… | 好吧… |
[18:20] | all right, everybody settle down. | 好了 大家安静 |
[18:22] | Your Honor, this is clearly a cheap theatrical stunt | 法官大人 这显然是一个低劣的戏剧噱头 |
[18:25] | to sway the jury’s sympathies. | 以赢取陪审团的同情 |
[18:26] | Mr. Paxton, counsels, approach the bench, please, now. | Paxton先生 各位辩护律师 请上前 现在 |
[18:35] | Your Honor, I don’t know what… this is not a ploy– | Your Honor, 法官大人 我不知道什么… 法官大人 这不是演戏– |
[18:38] | I just found out about this deal four minutes ago, | 我在四分钟前得知了这笔交易 |
[18:40] | and now I’m supposed to let her speak for me? | 而现在我还指望她为我声辩 |
[18:42] | Mr. Paxton, let me save you a lot of grief and time. | Paxton先生 让我替你省点悲伤和时间吧 |
[18:44] | This is a boneheaded move; | 这是个愚蠢的行为 |
[18:45] | you’re facing the death penalty. | 你将面临死刑 |
[18:47] | Your best strategy right now is to walk back to that chair | 如今之计是你回到座位上 |
[18:49] | with your tail between your legs | 安分守己 |
[18:51] | and let your counsel do her work. | 让你的辩护律师完成她的工作 |
[18:52] | When she’s already tried to put me away? | 当她已经试图放弃我的时候 |
[18:54] | YourHonor,I’m entitled to the best defense available, | 法官大人 我有权获得可能的最佳辩护 |
[18:57] | and right now I believe I should speak for myself, | 而现在我相信我应该自我辩护 |
[19:00] | since I seem to be the only one here | 因为似乎我是这儿唯一一个 |
[19:01] | who believes in my innoce… JUDGE: | 相信我清白的人… 够了 够了 |
[19:05] | Did you try to cut a deal? | 你有试图做比交易吗 |
[19:06] | Of course I did, Your Honor– it’s my job | 毫无疑问 法官大人– 向我的当事人提供一切可用选择 |
[19:08] | to present my client with all the options available to him. | 是我的职责 |
[19:11] | And you explained this to your client? Yes, I did. | 你向你的当事人如此解释了 是的 我解释了 |
[19:14] | Mr. Devalos? | Devalos先生 |
[19:16] | If the defendant wishes to make his own closing argument,I have no objections, Your Honor. | 如果被告有意愿自行结辩 我不做反对 法官大人 |
[19:20] | You know why he has no objection? | 你知道为什么他不做反对么 |
[19:23] | Because you’re handing him the verdict. | 因为你在向他递交判决 |
[19:26] | Maybe. Maybe not. | 或许是 也或许不是吧 |
[19:58] | Joe. | |
[20:05] | PAXTON: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们先生们 |
[20:08] | I am not an innocent man. | 我并不清白 |
[20:11] | I broke the vows that I made before God to my wife. | 我违背了我当上帝之面所做的对我妻子的誓言 |
[20:16] | I lied, I stole, | 我撒谎 我偷窃 |
[20:20] | I gave my wife every reason to cut me off | 我给了我妻子所有离开我 |
[20:23] | and to leave our marriage. | 以及结束我们婚姻的理由 |
[20:27] | But that is a… | 但是那… |
[20:29] | far cry from the almost unimaginable thing | 远非那几乎难以想象的 |
[20:32] | that I am accused of today. | 让我今天面临控告的事 |
[20:36] | I mean, ask yourselves, | 我是说 扪心自问 |
[20:38] | what would it take for you to do to another human being | 如果你们对另外一个人这么做 会失去什么 |
[20:42] | what they accuse me of doing | 就像他们控告我对我的Natalie之所为 |
[20:47] | Now, | 现在 |
[20:48] | it’s true, they’ve proven that I fought with my wife. | 没错 他们已经证实了我和我妻子的争斗 |
[20:53] | They’ve even proven that, on occasion, | 他们甚至还证实说 有时候 |
[20:57] | full of emotion, | 出于冲动 |
[20:59] | I’ve said things I don’t mean, | 我言不由己 |
[21:01] | even wished for my wife’s death. | 甚至期求我妻子之死 |
[21:04] | But who amongst us hadn’t had | 但是我们之中又有谁 |
[21:07] | an embarrassing public lapse in judgment? | 未曾经历过某个尴尬的公开误判呢 |
[21:10] | Or an emotional exchange so filled with poison | 亦或是一个充满恶意的冲动之辞 |
[21:14] | that you prayed to God you could take it back. | 你企求上帝能将它收回 |
[21:18] | They say that… | 他们说… |
[21:20] | I bought the knife that was used to slay my Natalie. | 我买了那把杀死我的Natalie的刀 |
[21:26] | I did buy a knife. | 我确实买了把刀 |
[21:28] | I lost it on a camping trip. | 但在一次野营中丢了 |
[21:31] | They say I… | 他们说我… |
[21:32] | left the hotel carrying a satchel. | 携包离开旅馆 |
[21:35] | It’s true. | 没错 |
[21:37] | It was full of clothes. | 但那里面都是衣服 |
[21:40] | They say I drove off to… | 他们说我驾车去… |
[21:43] | dispose of my wife’s head. | 处置我妻子的尸首 |
[21:45] | What I really did | 事实上 |
[21:48] | was back away from an ugly fight to cool off. | 我不过逃离那不悦的争斗 让我自己平静下来 |
[21:52] | The truth is, I did the right things. | 事实是 我根本没做错事 |
[21:56] | But instead, | 但相反 |
[21:57] | they’re saying I did something | 他们说我做了一些 |
[22:00] | almost beyond human comprehension. | 几乎是让人难以理解的事情 |
[22:05] | So I beg you, | 所以我请求你们 |
[22:08] | if you believe it’s possible that one, | 如果你们相信有可能一件 |
[22:11] | just one of the things that they say happen didn’t, | 哪怕一件他们说的事情没有发生 |
[22:16] | you have to ask: | 你们就应该自问: |
[22:18] | Did they really get the right man? | 他们果真抓对人了么 |
[22:35] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[22:36] | Hey. Sorry I’m late. | 嘿 抱歉我来晚了 |
[22:39] | I may be getting a call from work. | 可能有工作上的一个电话 |
[22:41] | I should probably order, too. | 我也该开始点菜了 |
[22:43] | I can’t stay long. | 我只能呆一会 |
[22:44] | Sure thing. Uh… | 当然的啦 呃… |
[22:47] | Is this the same case you were working on yesterday? | 还是你昨天办的那个案子么 |
[22:49] | I’m guessing you’re a lawyer. | 我猜你是个律师 |
[22:50] | Oh, no, I didn’t actually finish law school. | 奥 不是的 其实我法学院没毕业 |
[22:52] | I work for the district attorney, Manuel Devalos. | 我为地检官Manuel Devalos工作 |
[22:55] | Sounds impressive. | 听起来印象深刻啊 |
[22:58] | It’s just part-time. | 兼职而已啦 |
[22:59] | I do a lot of consulting. | 我做很多咨询工作 |
[23:01] | Jury selection, | 选择陪审团啊 |
[23:02] | witness preparation, that sort of thing. | 目击者筹备啊这类事情 |
[23:04] | It’s not that exciting. | 没那么令人激动 |
[23:05] | Easy for you to say. | 你能很轻松地这么说 |
[23:06] | You don’t sell pharmaceuticals for a living. | 你不用靠买药品谋生 |
[23:08] | Excuse me… Pharmaceuticals, huh? | 打搅一下… 药剂 恩 |
[23:10] | Yeah– major boring, | 对– 很无聊 |
[23:12] | but lucrative and fun | 但是钱多而且有趣 |
[23:13] | if you don’t mind traveling ten months a year. | 如果你不介意一年出差10个月的话 |
[23:15] | I don’t mind, but I think my husband and three kids might complain. | 我倒没关系 但是我想我老公和三个孩子该抱怨了 |
[23:18] | Three kids? Boy, I can barely keep my cat alive. | 三个孩子 奥 我都几乎养不活我的猫 |
[23:23] | Excuse me. Uh… | 打搅一下 呃… |
[23:27] | So what’s this case? | 这是什么案子 |
[23:29] | Uh, you’re not from the area. | 呃 你不是本地人 |
[23:31] | I don’t know if you heard of it. | 我不知道你听说了没有 |
[23:33] | There’s a guy named Walter Paxton. | 有个叫Walter Paxton的男人 |
[23:35] | Chopped off his wife’s head and hid it somewhere. | 砍了他老婆的头还把它藏了起来 |
[23:37] | Everybody’s heard about it. | 是人都听说了 |
[23:38] | How does someone do that? | 一个人怎么能那么干 |
[23:40] | And how do they stand up in front of a jury | 他们又怎么能站在陪审团面前 |
[23:42] | when they know they’re guilty–when everybody knows they’re guilty– and just lie? | 当他们知道自己有罪–当每个人都 知道他们有罪– 满口谎言 |
[23:46] | You just hope that the jury sees through it. | 你只能指望陪审团能看清事实 |
[23:48] | You just hope that you picked the right jurors. | 你只能指望你选对了陪审员 |
[23:50] | And that’s where you come in? | 这就是你干的么 |
[23:52] | That’s where I come in. | 这就是我干的 |
[23:53] | Give me a second? | 稍等一下 |
[23:56] | You know, I think I saw your boss on the news the other night. | 你知道 我想我那天晚上在新闻里看见你老板了 |
[24:00] | Yeah, hi. | 你好 |
[24:02] | Can you turn around a second? | 你能转过身来一会么 |
[24:04] | Yeah, you see that woman waving? (chuckles) | 对了 你看见那个挥手的女人了么 |
[24:07] | That’s me. My friend and I would really like to order, | 是我啦 我和我朋友真的想点菜了 |
[24:10] | so can you send the waiter over? | 有你能让服务员过来吗 |
[24:11] | That’d be great. Thanks. | 好极了 谢谢 |
[24:16] | So? | 那么 |
[24:17] | So what? | 怎么 |
[24:18] | So… | 那… |
[24:20] | what’s it like working for the D.A.? | 为刑事律师工作是什么感觉 |
[24:22] | Do you have any comments about today’s news? | 请问你对今天的新闻有何评论 |
[24:24] | I’m actually very encouraged by today’s decision. | 其实今天的决定让我非常振奋 |
[24:27] | But while we may all be talking about my vindication… | 但是当我们可能全在谈论我的辩白时… |
[24:47] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[24:51] | Hi. Sorry, text message. | 好啊 对不起 是短消息 |
[24:54] | Someone from work. | 一个同事发来的 |
[24:57] | Is everything okay? | 一切都好么 |
[24:58] | Yeah, everything’s fine. | 恩 一切都好 |
[25:00] | I just… I couldn’t sleep, so I figured I’d do it now. | 我不过… 我睡不着 所以我想我现在发吧 |
[25:06] | Come on. Let’s go back to bed. | 来吧 我们回床去吧 |
[25:18] | Hello. | 你好 |
[25:20] | Mom, it’s for you. | 妈妈 你的电话 |
[25:24] | Hello. | 你好 |
[25:25] | Allison, it’s Manuel. | Allison 我是Manuel |
[25:27] | Sorry to call so early,but I thought you’d like to know the jury’s in. | 抱歉这么早打你电话 不过我想你应该想知道陪审团来了 |
[25:30] | ???? | Walter Paxton的判决结果出来了 |
[25:35] | ?? | 陪审团做出判决结果了么 |
[25:37] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[25:40] | In the matter of ThePeople v. Walter Paxton, | 在公众对峙Walter Paxton的案件中 |
[25:43] | we find the defendant guilty of murder in the first degree. | 我们判定被告一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[25:53] | Now all we need to do is to convince a sentencing jury | 现在我们要干的就是说服判决陪审团 |
[25:55] | that Mr. Walter Paxton deserves death | Walter Paxton该为他对他妻子的所作所为 |
[25:57] | for what he did to his wife. | 被判死刑 |
[25:58] | Hear, hear. | 太好了 |
[26:03] | Thank you for the encouragement. | 谢谢鼓励 |
[26:04] | Oh… | 奥… |
[26:06] | Any time at all. | 应该的啦 |
[26:09] | Wow. | 喔 |
[26:12] | Look at what you went and did. | 看看你的表现 |
[26:16] | Now, that is what I call engineering. | 这才是我说的工程 |
[26:19] | Not bad, huh? | 不差吧 恩 |
[26:21] | Not bad at all. | 一点都不差 |
[26:24] | I’d get up and give you a hug, but I am really, really tired. | 我真希望起来跟你拥抱下 但是我真的 真的很累 |
[26:28] | I can’t imagine why. | 我真想不到啊 |
[26:33] | So this is the little fellow | 就是这个小家伙 |
[26:35] | who wouldn’t let you drink coffee these last few months. | 让你这几月都喝不成咖啡的 |
[26:39] | I think he’s gonna be a tea drinker like Steven. | 我想他会像Steven那样喝茶的 |
[26:42] | Speaking of the proud papa,where is he? | 说到自豪的爸爸 他在哪呢 |
[26:44] | I have a very cheap cigar for him. | 我想给他根便宜的雪茄呢 |
[26:46] | He went to the airport to pick his folks up. | 他去机场接亲戚了 |
[26:51] | Did you manage to get back to sleep last night? | 昨晚你后来睡着了么 |
[26:55] | I had no idea that I sent a text so late. | 我没意识到我这么晚发的信息 |
[26:58] | No, it was fine. I was fine. | 不 没事的 我很好 |
[27:01] | Uh, no, I was actually glad to get it. | 呃 其实收到信息我很高兴 |
[27:04] | I was happy to hear that everything went well. | 听说一切都好我很高兴 |
[27:07] | That you were well, the baby was well. | 你很好 小宝贝也很好 |
[27:11] | Are you well? | 你好么 |
[27:13] | Me? I’m excellent. | 我 好极了 |
[27:15] | I’m absolutely excellent. | 好得不能再好了 |
[27:22] | I have been seeing a therapist that the company hired. | 我一直和公司请的治疗师会面 |
[27:25] | I’m actually supposed to be in his office right now. | 其实我现在该在他办公室的 |
[27:28] | He’s that good, huh? | 他很不错吧 恩 |
[27:30] | (sighs): I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:32] | Maybe I just went back to work a little too soon. | 或许我只是太早回去上班了 |
[27:36] | Apparently I’m angry or depressed or… | 显然我很生气或者说失落或者… |
[27:41] | I just can’t focus at work or something. | 我只是无法集中精力工作什么的 |
[27:44] | Other than that… | 除此之外… |
[27:51] | How’s your wife doing with it? | 你老婆有什么反应 |
[27:53] | How do you mean? | 你指什么 |
[27:56] | I’ve been horrible to Steven. | 我一直对Steven很恶劣 |
[28:01] | I’m angry with him because he wasn’t there, | 我生他的气因为他当时不在 |
[28:04] | like that was a choice he made. | 就好象是他选择的一样 |
[28:09] | Thank God for hormones. | 多谢上帝创造了荷尔蒙 |
[28:11] | They’ve been getting a lot of the blame lately. | 最近它们老遭到责备 |
[28:15] | You really don’t mind the texting? | 你真的不介意发短信 |
[28:18] | I know I do it a lot, | 我知道我发了不少 |
[28:19] | but it… it really makes me feel better. | 但是它… 它真的让我好受多了 |
[28:25] | I look forward to it. | 我期待着 |
[28:29] | Just wanted to remind you | 只是想提醒你下 |
[28:30] | it’s time for the baby’s feeding, Mrs. Bell. | 该给孩子喂奶了 Bell夫人 |
[28:34] | Speaking of feeding, | 说到喂奶 |
[28:35] | I should probably go get myself some lunch. | 我也该去弄点午饭了 |
[28:37] | Um, yeah, congratulations again. | 呃 再次恭喜 |
[28:40] | He’s beautiful. | 他很漂亮 |
[28:42] | Uh, hey, | 呃 嘿 |
[28:43] | have you been getting, like, hundreds of calls from that Cooper guy? | 你有接到 像是几百个Cooper打来的电话么 |
[28:47] | I’m sorry. Calls from who? | 抱歉 谁打来的电话 |
[28:50] | Okay, I guess it’s just me then. | 好吧 我想是打给我的 |
[28:52] | I thought it had something to do with the incident, | 我想这和这事故有关吧 |
[28:54] | but I guess not. | 不过我想不是吧 |
[28:57] | I’ll just return one of them and see what he wants. | 我回个电看看他到底要什么 |
[29:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:01] | REPORTER: This was the sceneat the Phoenix courthouse earlier today, | 这是日前在凤凰城法庭的场面 |
[29:04] | just moments after Walter Paxton was found guilty of murder | 就在Walter Paxton被判 |
[29:08] | in the first degree. | 一级谋杀罪后不久 |
[29:09] | Mr. Paxton, who was accused of killing | Paxton先生 因在商业区的旅馆房间 |
[29:11] | and then decapitating his wife Natalie | 将他妻子Natalie杀害 |
[29:14] | in their downtown hotel room… | 并砍头… |
[29:15] | Will you shut that off? | 能把电视关了么 |
[29:16] | I’ve seen enough of that man for a lifetime. | 我看够那男人了 |
[29:18] | Sentencing is scheduled to begin next week. | 预期判决将于下周开始 |
[29:29] | Kids down? | 孩子们睡了 |
[29:30] | Yeah, and it wasn’t easy. | 是的 可不容易 |
[29:32] | Bridgette kept trying to say good night | Bridgette一直试着 |
[29:34] | at the exact same time as I did, | 和我同时说晚安 |
[29:35] | so she could jinx me. | 这样她就能触到我霉头 |
[29:36] | Her own mother. | 她自己的妈妈啊 |
[29:38] | Breaks your heart, doesn’t it? | 伤你心了吧 是吗 |
[29:40] | Mm! | 嗯 |
[29:41] | What you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[29:47] | I’m being proactive. | 我在主动出击呢 |
[29:49] | And what does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[29:52] | I miss my husband. | 我想我老公 |
[29:54] | Well, that’s silly. He’s here. | 奥 那怪傻的 他在这儿啊 |
[29:57] | Then tell me about your day. | 那告诉我你今天过的怎么样 |
[29:59] | Tell me about therapy; tell me what’s going on. | 告诉我关于治疗的事 告诉我都发生了什么 |
[30:03] | Nothing’s going on. | 什么都没发生 |
[30:07] | I didn’t go to therapy. | 我没去治疗 |
[30:10] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白了 |
[30:13] | You want to go back to work, don’t you? | 你想回去上班的 不是吗 |
[30:15] | Isn’t this the therapist that the company’s counting on | 难道不是那个公司希望从他那儿得到 |
[30:17] | to tell them if you’re ready to go back or not? | 你是否能回去上班的消息的治疗师吗 |
[30:22] | I’ll go tomorrow. | 我明天去 |
[30:23] | Then I’ll go the day after. | 然后后天再去 |
[30:25] | He’ll think that’s progress. | 他会认为这有所进展 |
[30:27] | He’ll think he cured me. | 他会觉得他把我治好了 |
[30:34] | And don’t look at me like that. | 别那么看着我 |
[30:38] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:41] | I don’t mean to upset you. | 我不是有意让你扫兴的 |
[30:43] | I really am feeling better; I really will go tomorrow. | 我真的感觉好点了 明天我真的会去 |
[30:50] | I love you so much, Joe. | 我是多么爱你 Joe |
[30:54] | I just want you to be happy again. | 我不过希望你能再快乐起来 |
[30:57] | I will be happy again. | 我会变快乐的 |
[31:00] | I really will. | 真的会的 |
[31:04] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:18] | If you could please sign here and initial here, | 请在这儿签名 然后在这儿签上您名字的首字母 |
[31:20] | I’ll have a bellman bring your bags up to your room. | 我会让服务员帮您把包提到房里去的 |
[31:25] | Excellent, Ms. Hensley. | 很好 Hensley小姐 |
[31:26] | Thank you for staying at the Phoenix Hilton. | 欢迎入住Phoenix Hilton酒店 |
[31:33] | It’s Scanlon. | 是Scanlon |
[31:35] | Hey, it’s 5:00 in the morning. | 嘿 现在是凌晨5点啊 |
[31:55] | Allison? | |
[31:58] | This place is so familiar. | 这地方好面熟 |
[32:01] | I hate to pull you two out of bed, but, uh, | 我真是不想把你从床上拉起来 但是 呃 |
[32:04] | I thought you needed to see this. | 我想你有必要看看这个 |
[32:06] | The, uh, victim’s name was Ramona… | 呃 受害者名叫Ramona… |
[32:09] | …Hensley. …Hensley | …Hensley. |
[32:11] | Honestly, that’s all I have is a name. | 说实话 我就知道她名字 |
[32:14] | 33 years old. | 33岁 |
[32:15] | Insurance broker in town for a convention. | 市保险经纪人 到这儿来开会 |
[32:17] | No sign of a break-in, | 没有非法闯入的迹象 |
[32:18] | so her killer either had a key | 所以凶手要不是有钥匙 |
[32:19] | or he convinced her to let him in. | 要不就是说服她让他进去 |
[32:21] | It appears he attacked her in the bathroom here. | 看来他在浴室袭击了她 |
[32:24] | Got her in the bathtub. | 在浴缸里将她抓住 |
[32:25] | Decapitated her and… | 砍了她的头然后… |
[32:27] | Wait a second– did you say decapitated her? | 等一下– 你刚才说是砍了她的头 |
[32:31] | Lee, what are you being so cryptic about here? | Lee 你神神秘秘的是干什么 |
[32:35] | What are we looking at, | 我们面对的是什么案子 |
[32:36] | some sort of Paxton copycat killing? | 一个Paxton式的凶杀案 |
[32:38] | That’s what I thought when they first called me. | 他们打电话给我的时候我就是这么想的 |
[32:42] | Ugh! What’s that smell? | 呃 什么味道啊 |
[32:44] | Formaldehyde. | 甲醛 |
[32:45] | The coroner hasn’t weighed in yet, | 角落还没检查 |
[32:47] | but we think that’s what he used to preserve the head. | 不过我们觉得那就是他藏头的地方 |
[32:50] | Preserve the head? I don’t understand. | 藏头 我不明白了 |
[32:51] | Didn’t you say this killing occurred hours ago? | 你刚才不是说这凶杀就是几小时前的事么 |
[32:55] | I’m not talking about Ramona Hensley’s head. | 我不是说Ramona Hensley的头 |
[33:04] | Oh, my God. | 奥 上帝啊 |
[33:06] | Is that…? | 是… |
[33:08] | ALLISON: Natalie Paxton. | |
[33:10] | ???? | 这是Natalie Paxton的头 |
[33:12] | ?? | 在Ramona Hensley的身子上 |
[33:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:21] | Deputy Mayor says hello. | 副市长打来的 |
[33:23] | City Hall’s already being inundated with | 市政厅已经被出版社以及 |
[33:25] | calls from the press, from outraged citizens, | 愤怒的市民打去的电话淹没了 |
[33:28] | people calling for the immediate release of Walter Paxton. | 人们打电话去要求立即释放Walter Paxton |
[33:33] | I’m so sorry. I don’t know what to say. | 真是抱歉 我不知道说什么 |
[33:35] | There’s nothing to say. | 没什么可说的 |
[33:38] | I chose to prosecute this case. | 接手这个案子是我的选择 |
[33:41] | There’s nothing for you to feel badly about. | 你没什么好过意不去的 |
[33:43] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[33:44] | You told me yourself– I encouraged you to go for broke. | 你亲自告诉我的– 我鼓励你去赌一把 |
[33:47] | And I swear, I never would have | 我发誓 如果我没亲眼看见他这么做的话 |
[33:50] | if I hadn’t seen him do it myself… | 我是绝对不会让你去的… |
[33:52] | night after night. | 一夜又一夜 |
[33:56] | I don’t know how I could’ve been so wrong. | 我不知道我怎么会错成这样 |
[34:03] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[34:06] | She never actually saw him. | 她其实根本没看见他 |
[34:08] | Natalie never actually saw who her killer was. | Natalie根本就没看见杀她的凶手 |
[34:11] | He came up from behind her. | 他是在她身后出现的 |
[34:12] | What are you talking about? In my dream. | 你在说什么呢 在我的梦里 |
[34:14] | She must have died thinking he did it. | 她死的时候一定认为是他干的 |
[34:17] | She was so angry at him at the time, | 她那时候正生他的气 |
[34:19] | so hurt by all that he’d done. | 被他的所作所为伤到了 |
[34:21] | That’s why she sent me those dreams. | 所以她就给我托了这些梦 |
[34:23] | She thought he did it. | 她以为是他干的 |
[34:24] | She never actually saw Walter, | 她其实根本没有亲眼看见Walter |
[34:26] | or whoever it was who really did it. | 或者说真正的凶手到底是谁 |
[34:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:35] | Well, of course. | 恩 当然 |
[34:38] | You’re right, who cares? | 你说的对 又有谁在意呢 |
[34:43] | Doesn’t really change anything. | 根本改变不了什么 |
[34:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:50] | We have no comment at this time. | 现在我们还没什么评论 |
[34:52] | You just tell anyone who calls | 如果有人打电话来 你就说 |
[34:53] | that we’re still putting together a statement | 我们还在整理声明 |
[34:56] | and as soon as it’s ready, | 一旦整理好了 |
[34:57] | we’ll put it out to the appropriate media outlets. | 我们就会发布到适当的媒体上 |
[35:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[35:30] | Joe Dubois. | |
[35:32] | Mr. Dubois? | Dubois先生 |
[35:32] | Am I catching you at a bad time? | 现在打电话给你方便么 |
[35:34] | I’m sorry, who am I speaking with? | 抱歉 请问你是谁 |
[35:36] | My name is Conroy. Cooper Conroy. | 我叫Conroy |
[35:38] | I’m an attorney, Mr. Dubois. | 我是律师 Dubois先生 |
[35:39] | Can you talk for a moment? | 能聊会么 |
[35:42] | I’m actually about to head off to the doctor. | 事实上我马上要去看医生了 |
[35:45] | All I’m looking for is an appointment, Mr. Dubois, | 我想预约个时间就行了 Dubois先生 |
[35:47] | an opportunity to sit down and talk. | 一个坐下来谈谈的机会 |
[35:50] | Talk? About what? | 谈谈 谈什么 |
[35:52] | About millions of dollars I believe you’re entitled to. | 谈谈我相信你有权拥有的几百万美元 |
[35:56] | Mr. Dubois? Did you hear me? | Dubois先生 听见我说话了吗 |
[36:00] | I… I really, uh, I really have to go to the doctor. | 我…我真的 呃 我真的得去看医生了 |
[36:02] | Okay, that’s fine. | 好吧 成 |
[36:04] | You have my number on your cell phone now. | 你手机上有我的号码 |
[36:06] | So I’m going to wait for you to call me. | 我会等你来电的 |
[36:09] | I just need an hour, Mr. Dubois. | 只要一个小时就好 Dubois先生 |
[36:11] | And I do believe you’ll find what I have to say… | 我真的相信… |
[36:14] | REPORTER: Do you have any comments about today’s news? | 请问你对今天的新闻有何评论 |
[36:16] | I’m actually very encouraged by today’s decision. | 其实今天的决定让我非常振奋 |
[36:19] | But while we may all be talking about | 但是当我们可能全在谈论 |
[36:21] | my vindication and release, | 我的辩白和释放的时候… |
[36:23] | we shouldn’t lose sight of the fact | 我们不应该忘记这个事实 |
[36:25] | that this isn’t just about the misguided prosecution | 这不仅仅是对于一个清白者 |
[36:29] | of an innocent man. | 的误告 |
[36:30] | The real victims of this tragedy have yet to be avenged. | 这场悲剧的受害者将得到应有的回报 |
[36:33] | And while I may be thrilled to be out of jail, | 而当我可能会因为不用坐牢 而兴奋不已的时候 |
[36:36] | nothing that happened in there today is going to bring my Natalie back. | 我已永远无法挽回我的Natalie了 |
[36:40] | And that’s why… (TV clicks off) | 而这就是为什么… |
[36:50] | Hello? | 你好 |
[36:51] | Are you avoiding me? | 你是故意躲着我吧 |
[36:53] | I left you, like, 100 messages. | 我给你留了 差不多 100条信息 |
[36:55] | Yeah. | 奥 |
[36:56] | It’s just been kind of a complicated day around here. | 我这边今天的事挺复杂的 |
[36:58] | You think I don’t know that. | 你以为我不知道么 |
[37:00] | You think I don’t watch the news. | 你以为我没看新闻吗 |
[37:01] | That’s why I was calling you. | 所以我才打电话给你了 |
[37:03] | I was concerned about you. | 我很担心你 |
[37:05] | Well, I’m fine. | 奥 我挺好的 |
[37:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:07] | ‘Cause I was just sitting here in my friendly hotel bar | 我正坐在我可爱的旅馆酒吧里 |
[37:10] | thinking you might need someone to talk to about it all. | 心里想这或许你需要找个人谈谈这一切 |
[37:13] | You are very sweet. | 你真好 |
[37:15] | But then I forgot you have hubby for that, don’t you? | 但我忘了你有丈夫可以说话 不是么 |
[37:18] | Well, actually… | 呃 事实上… |
[37:19] | hubby hasn’t been all that talkative lately. | 我丈夫最近不怎么爱说话 |
[37:21] | Well, then get your ass down here– I’m buying. | 恩 那快过来吧–我买单 |
[37:25] | Oh, God, it’s the middle of the week. | 奥 天呢 这星期才开始没几天呢 |
[37:27] | We’re all kind of in bed mode around here. | 我们似乎都已经进入上床睡觉的状态了 |
[37:37] | Entres vous. | (法语) |
[37:41] | I don’t think I’ve ever seen you take a bath before. | 我想我还没见过你在浴缸里洗澡过 |
[37:44] | Not since I was nine, maybe. | 我九岁后就没有了吧 大概 |
[37:47] | I don’t know, I just wanted to think. | 我不知道 我不过想思考下 |
[37:51] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[37:54] | You know that woman, Debra, the woman who hit my car? | 你知道的那个女人Debra 就是撞到我车的那个 |
[37:56] | She just called, she wanted to know if we could meet, | 她刚才打电话来 问我能不能和她见个面 |
[37:58] | maybe get a drink. | 或许一块喝点东西 |
[37:59] | I told her it was late. | 我跟她说现在太晚了 |
[38:01] | Ah, the girls are down. | 啊 孩子们都睡了 |
[38:04] | I’m okay in here. | 我在这儿也没事 |
[38:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:11] | Wow, I’m kind of surprised. | 喔 我有点吃惊 |
[38:14] | Feels kind of weird going without you. | 不和你一起去感觉有点奇怪 |
[38:17] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[38:21] | Okay. Well, if you’re sure. | 好吧 恩 如果你确定的话 |
[38:23] | Yeah. | 恩 |
[38:25] | I mean, it’s just for a couple hours, right? | 我是说 不过是去几个小时 对吧 |
[38:26] | If that. Okay. | 是吧 好的 |
[38:30] | Oh, that’s okay. | 奥 那没什么 |
[38:31] | I got it. | 我看看 |
[38:33] | Are you expecting a call tonight? | 你今天晚上是在等一个电话吗 |
[38:36] | Or maybe a text? | 不然是短信 |
[38:37] | It’s not what you think. Well, good. | 这不是你想象的那样的 好 行啊 |
[38:39] | ‘Cause what I’m thinking is not good. | 我可不觉得是什么好事 |
[38:42] | hey | 嘿 |
[38:42] | sorry | 抱歉 |
[38:45] | I feel so badly for you. | 我真为你感到遗憾 |
[38:47] | I feel so badly for your boss. | 为你上司感到遗憾 |
[38:49] | They’re just destroying him on television. | 他们尽是在电视上破坏他形象 |
[38:51] | I know, I can’t help but think a lot of that’s my fault. | 我知道 我不得不想那都是我的错 |
[38:55] | How do you mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[39:01] | Before Paxton fired his lawyer, she came to us, | 在Paxton撤消他的律师之前 那律师来找过我们 |
[39:05] | she wanted to make a deal. | 她希望和我们达成个协议 |
[39:07] | 25 years, possibility of parole after 12. | 25年徒刑 12年后有假释可能 |
[39:12] | A lot of people thought my boss should consider it, | 很多人都认为我上司应该考虑下 |
[39:14] | but I kind of convinced him not to. | 但是我说服他不要这么做 |
[39:18] | Wow, sounds like you have a lot of sway over your boss. | 喔 听上去你对你上司影响还挺大的嘛 |
[39:22] | Well, even if it’s true, | 恩 就算是这样 |
[39:23] | I don’t see how that makes you responsible. | 我也看不出来为什么是你的责任 |
[39:26] | Paxton has never wavered. | Paxton从来都没有动摇过 |
[39:29] | He’s always insisted he was innocent. | 他一直坚持说自己是清白的 |
[39:30] | It seems pretty obvious he would never have agreed to a deal. | 很显然他绝对不会同意什么协议 |
[39:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:35] | Maybe if I hadn’t said anything. | 或许要是我什么也没说 |
[39:37] | If we’d just entertained the possibility; | 要是我们考虑下那种可能性 |
[39:39] | if the two lawyers had started talking, | 要是两个律师真的开始谈了 |
[39:41] | the judge most certainly would have suspended the trial a couple of days | 那法官很有可能就会将判决推迟几天 |
[39:44] | and the other body would have shown up. | 这样的话另外具尸体就会出现 |
[39:46] | Paxton would have never been convicted. | Paxton就绝不会被判有罪了 |
[39:49] | Your boss really listens to you, huh? | 你上司真的听你的啊 |
[39:52] | A lot of times, yeah. | 很多时候 是吧 |
[39:55] | You and he… | 你和他… |
[39:56] | Oh, God, no! No. | 奥 上帝 不是 不是啦 |
[39:59] | No, I’m married. | 不是的 我都结婚了 |
[40:01] | I love my husband. I’m sorry. | 我爱我丈夫 抱歉 |
[40:04] | I mean, no offense, but why does even care what you think? | 我是说 没有冒犯你的意思 但是他为什么在意你的想法呢 |
[40:12] | I’m sorry, am I being too nosy? | 抱歉 我是不是管太多了 |
[40:16] | I just… | 我只是… |
[40:17] | I love this stuff. | 我喜欢这些事情 |
[40:18] | I’m kind of a Court TV junkie. | 我是法庭频道的忠实观众 |
[40:20] | I think you have the coolest job. | 我觉得你有份最酷的工作 |
[40:24] | So what made you change your mind? | 是什么让你改变主意的 |
[40:25] | First, you said you weren’t coming tonight | 开始你说你今晚来不了 |
[40:26] | and you called back and said you were. | 后来你又回电说你能来 |
[40:30] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[40:31] | My husband’s kind of going through something. | 我丈夫似乎在经历什么事情 |
[40:35] | I guess we both thought | 可能我们两个都觉得 |
[40:37] | he could use a little time to himself. | 他应该有点完全属于他的时间 |
[40:41] | I never do this. | 我从没这么干过 |
[40:43] | Go out by myself. | 自己一个人出来 |
[40:44] | You don’t have any friends? | 你没什么朋友吗 |
[40:46] | Yeah. | 有啊 |
[40:49] | No. | 没有 |
[40:51] | I have work friends and my husband… | 我只有同事和我丈夫… |
[40:54] | Sure, I have friends– everybody has friends. | 我当然有朋友了– 每个人都有朋友 |
[40:57] | You ask a lot of questions, you know that? | 你问的问题不少啊 你知道吗 |
[41:00] | I know; everyone says that– it’s horrible. | 我知道 每个人都这么说–太恐怖了 |
[41:02] | And I think it’s my way of avoiding answering any questions. | 不过我想这是我避免回答任何问题的方式 |
[41:04] | Oh, really? I’m not answering that. | 奥 是吗 我不做回答 |
[41:08] | I’m not answering that either. | 这个也是 |
[41:10] | How about another drink? I’m buying. | 再喝点什么怎么样 我买单 |
[41:12] | You can’t fool me. | 你骗不了我的 |
[41:13] | I’m not answering that either. | 我还是不会回答的 |
[41:41] | OFFICER: Detective. | 侦探 |
[41:43] | So this is where all the action is. | 这就是事发地点喽 |
[41:54] | Well, now we know where the head of the third victim ended up. | 现在我们知道第三个受害者的头 是在哪儿被砍的了 |
[41:59] | So who does the body belong to? | 死者是谁 |
[42:01] | There’s some discrepancy about the name, | 名字还不能确定 |
[42:03] | but I can show you her driver’s license photo. | 不过我能给你看她驾照上的照片 |