时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:56] | Ooh! | 噢 |
[00:57] | JOE: Crisis averted. | 危机过去了 |
[00:59] | All eyes under the age of nine are closed. | 9岁以下的都闭上眼睛了 |
[01:02] | And, miracle of miracles, | 而且 奇迹中的奇迹 |
[01:04] | the children they belong to are asleep. | 这些眼睛的主人们都睡着了 |
[01:08] | What about Ariel? | Ariel呢? |
[01:09] | What about Ariel? Let’s leave Ariel alone. | Ariel呢? 还是别管Ariel了 |
[01:12] | She’s 14. She’s in her room simultaneously doing homework, | 她14岁了 在自己房间里做功课 |
[01:15] | listening to music, texting her friends | 听音乐 给她的朋友们发短信 |
[01:17] | and counting the hours until she’s 18. | 数着时间过日子 这要持续到她18岁 |
[01:20] | Let’s not unnecessarily tax her concentration. | 我们没必要去分散她的注意力 |
[01:24] | How long was I asleep? | 我睡了多久了? |
[01:26] | I was only gone ten minutes. You fell asleep? | 我才刚离开10分钟 你睡着了? |
[01:28] | I had a dream. This girl, | 我做了个梦 有个女孩 |
[01:30] | she was in a car. She hit a deer. | 她开了辆车 撞上了头鹿 |
[01:32] | She was trapped inside. | 她被困在了车里面 |
[01:35] | Is there anyone to notify? | 要不要告诉什么人? |
[01:37] | Did you catch the plate number? | 你有没有看到车牌号? |
[01:40] | You have any idea | 你知道 |
[01:41] | where the accident might have taken place? | 事故可能发生在什么地方么? |
[01:42] | No. Nothing. | 不 什么都没有 |
[01:44] | I didn’t even see the girl’s face. | 我甚至没有看到那个姑娘的脸 |
[01:46] | Okay. Well, I guess there’s not much | 好吧 那么 我想现在 |
[01:48] | to do about it right now, then. | 还没什么我们能做的 |
[01:51] | (groaning) A little help. | 帮点忙吧 |
[01:54] | Anyway, you were telling me about this woman. | 不管怎么说 你跟我谈谈那个女人 |
[01:56] | From Ameritips. Cynthia Keener. | Ameritips的Cynthia Keener |
[01:59] | Why is she paying you? Why isn’t the company that she works for paying you? | 她为什么要给钱你? 为什么不是她工作的公司给你钱? |
[02:02] | Because I don’t work for that company. | 因为我并没有为那间公司做事 |
[02:03] | She doesn’t want the company knowing anything about me. | 她不想让公司知道我的存在 |
[02:07] | You know, in a lot of ways, it’s kind of like what I used | 你知道的 有很多种做事的方式 这就像是我以前 |
[02:09] | to do for Devalos. | 为Devalos做事的方式 |
[02:11] | That was secret. This is secret. | 那以前是个秘密 这现在是个秘密 |
[02:14] | But why? | 但是为什么? |
[02:16] | I think the job is all she has. | 我想这份工作就是她的所有 |
[02:18] | I think she wants to impress the people that she works for. | 我觉得她是想震住她的老板 |
[02:22] | I guess she’s hoping I’ll be able | 我猜她是希望我可以 |
[02:23] | to help her with some of her cases. | 帮她查些案子 |
[02:25] | Give her a leg up. | 帮她一把 |
[02:27] | She’ll get the glory, I’ll get the 800 bucks a week. | 她能得到荣誉 而我每周能得到800美圆 |
[02:45] | omm.m! panting) | 噢 恩 |
[03:53] | Allison, look. Whatever you saw… | Allison 听着 不管你看到什么… |
[03:55] | Our daughter, Joe. | 那是我们的女儿 Joe |
[03:55] | The danger is not imminent, if it’s even real. | 就算那是真的 危险也没有逼近呀 |
[03:58] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[04:00] | Come on. The reality is, Ariel does not dri. | 别这样 事实是 Ariel并不开车呀 |
[04:04] | Yet! | 还没有 |
[04:05] | Exactly. | 确实 |
[04:06] | Whatever you saw, | 不管你看到些什么 |
[04:07] | it has nothing to do with the here and now. | 都跟现在 跟这儿无关 |
[04:10] | I mean, you know as well as I do | 我是说 你跟我一样清楚 |
[04:12] | she’s a good two-and-a-half years away | 她离能开车的年龄 |
[04:14] | from getting behind the wheel of a car. | 还有两年半呢 |
[04:15] | So? | 那么? |
[04:16] | So there’s still time | 那么 还有时间 |
[04:18] | to make sure that it doesn’t happen. | 去确定一切都不会发生 |
[04:21] | In fact, we can guarantee it. | 事实上 我们可以保证 |
[04:22] | What do you mean, guarantee it? | 什么意思 保证? |
[04:23] | What kind of car did she have the accident in? | 她发生车祸是在哪种车里呢? |
[04:26] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[04:28] | Okay. Well, hopefully, sometime in the next | 好的 那么 你有希望在下一个 |
[04:30] | two-and-a-half years, you’ll have this dream again. | 两年半里再做这个梦 |
[04:33] | And maybe then you’ll make it a point | 或许 到那时候 你就会 |
[04:34] | to notice what make and model the car is. | 注意到是什么车型了 |
[04:36] | Then we’ll make it a point never to buy | 然后 我们就会很确定绝对不会 |
[04:38] | that make or model car. | 买那个牌子 或者型号的车了 |
[04:39] | Well, maybe it’s not our car. | 那么 或许不是我们的车 |
[04:40] | Maybe she borrows it from a friend or a boyfriend. | 或许她是从朋友 或是男友那里借来的 |
[04:43] | Okay, fine. Fine. Look. When and if you know what kind | 好了 好了 好了 听着 如果等你知道了 |
[04:46] | of car it is, then we’ll both just go | 车型 之后 我们就可以一起 |
[04:48] | to Ariel and we’ll tell her. | 去找Ariel 并且告诉她 |
[04:51] | And she’ll make it her business never to get in one, | 她就能明白 不再坐那种车 |
[04:53] | much less drive one. | 更别说去开那种车 |
[04:58] | See? It’s a lock. It’s a guarantee. | 看到了吧? 不会有事的 绝对不会 |
[05:05] | Come on. Let’s get some rest. | 好了 我们还是去休息会吧 |
[05:07] | CYNTHIA KEENER: She’s 16 years old. Her name’s Melanie Daniels. | 她16岁 名叫Melanie Daniels |
[05:11] | Apparently, she’s a very good kid. | 显然 她是个很好的孩子 |
[05:13] | No history of trouble or drugs. | 从来没跟毒品扯上过关系 |
[05:15] | She’s a junior at Hilldale High School across town. | 在城那边的Hilldale中学读3年级 |
[05:19] | She’s been missing since yesterday morning. | 她从昨天早上开始失踪 |
[05:22] | She caught the bus to go to school | 她本来坐公车去学校 |
[05:24] | but never showed up at school. | 可是却没在学校出现过 |
[05:27] | This happened yesterday? | 这是昨天发生的? |
[05:30] | Why? Is something the matter? | 为什么? 有什么问题么? |
[05:32] | I guess I’m just surprised | 我想我只是有点惊讶 |
[05:33] | that her parents called you before the police. | 她父母还没报警就先找你了 |
[05:36] | Oh, no, no. They-They didn’t call me. | 噢 不 不 他们没打电话给我 |
[05:38] | I called them. | 我打给他们的 |
[05:39] | I went over to their home, actually. | 事实上 我还去了他们家 |
[05:42] | Just as soon as the missing child report came through | 我一在电子邮件里 看到了 |
[05:45] | on my e-mail, I drove over and talked | 失踪孩子的报告 就开车 |
[05:48] | to the mother, and explained that while | 去她家跟她母亲解释了 在办这个案子的同时 |
[05:51] | there were several hundred cases the police were tracking, | 警方还有其他好几百个案子要办 |
[05:53] | for me, this would be the only one. | 而对于我来说 这会是唯一的一个案子 |
[06:00] | That’s quite a look on your face, Mrs. Dubois. | 你的表情可不太好看呀 Dubois夫人 |
[06:04] | I’m not an ambulance chaser, | 我虽然不是个救护车追逐者 |
[06:06] | but this is how I make my money, | 但这就是我赚钱的方式 |
[06:07] | and I need to strike while the iron’s hot. | 得趁热打铁 |
[06:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:16] | Um… forgive me. | 恩 原谅我 |
[06:19] | I’m not certain how this works. | 我只是不太清楚是你们是怎么做事的 |
[06:21] | But I’ve read online that people like you, | 不过我在网上看到 像你这样的人 |
[06:25] | when they touch something | 在接触到 |
[06:26] | that belongs to a missing person or, | 失踪人口的物品时 |
[06:30] | for instance, a dead person, | 例如 死人 |
[06:32] | um, sometimes you… you might get vibes | 恩 你们 你们就会有感应 |
[06:35] | or signals. | 或是看到些信号之类的 |
[06:39] | Yes? No? | 是? 还是不是? |
[06:43] | Sometimes. It depends. | 有时候吧 看情况 |
[06:48] | Here’s the entire contents of Melanie’s locker. | 这些是Melanie储物柜里所有的东西 |
[06:51] | Her mother gave me permission to borrow it. | 她母亲允许我借出来的 |
[06:53] | I was wondering | 我在想 |
[06:54] | if you could do, uh… whatever it is that you do, | 如果你可以的话 呃 不过你能做什么 |
[06:58] | and give me a call. | 都给我个电话 |
[07:04] | Hey, Ariel. | 嘿 Ariel |
[07:06] | Are the Suns going to make the playoffs this year? | Suns今年会进入最后决赛? |
[07:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:10] | I don’t really follow sports. | 我不怎么关心体育的 |
[07:11] | Well, maybe you could ask your mom. | 那么 或许你可以问问你妈妈 |
[07:15] | I mean, she knows the future, right? | 我是说 她能预知未来 对吧? |
[07:18] | Come on, man. No, no. no. Just ask her | -算了吧 伙计 -不 不 不 就问问她 |
[07:20] | if she could check her crystal ball. | 能不能看看她的水晶球 |
[07:21] | Leave her alone, Jeremy. | 别烦她啦 Jeremy |
[07:22] | Just ask her. | 就问问嘛 |
[07:28] | Ariel! | |
[07:28] | Ariel, wait. | Ariel 等等 |
[07:33] | What do you want, Connor? | 你想干吗 Connor? |
[07:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:38] | He’s a jerk. And I’m a jerk for hanging around him. | 他是个烂人 而我是跟他一起玩的烂人 |
[07:41] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[07:43] | Okay. I heard you. | 好了 我听到了 |
[07:47] | So, are you going to that KHBX thing? | 那么 你准备去做KHBX? |
[07:49] | What? | 什么? |
[07:51] | KHBX. The radio station. | KHBX 广播站 |
[07:54] | They have that concert at the Orpheum every year. | 他们每年都在Orpheum开音乐会 |
[07:57] | There’s, like, a dozen different groups. | 有差不多12个不同的队 |
[08:00] | It’s on Saturday during the day. | 就星期六白天举行 |
[08:02] | Did you maybe want a ticket? | 或许 你想要张票呢? |
[08:04] | No. That’s okay. | 不 还是算了 |
[08:06] | I actually don’t have the money for that right now. | 我现在可没钱来买那个 |
[08:09] | No. No. I… I mean, | 不 不 我…是说 |
[08:13] | I would buy it for you. | 我请你看 |
[08:15] | We’d… we’d go together. | 我们 我们一起去看 |
[08:52] | I’m just warning you. We’re back from school, | 我只是警告你 我们刚从学校回来 |
[08:53] | and I need your help with something. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[08:55] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢? |
[08:56] | Mom? Did Dad tell you? | 妈妈? 爸爸告诉了你么? |
[08:57] | The most amazing thing happened to me at school today. | 今天在学生发生了件 对我来说最棒的事 |
[09:00] | Well, tell me. | 那么 告诉我吧 |
[09:02] | This really cute guy– I think he’s in the 11th grade– | 有个我觉得很可爱的男孩 11年级的 |
[09:04] | asked me to go to a concert with him on Saturday | 约我星期六跟他一起去看音乐会 |
[09:06] | at the Orpheum downtown. | 就在市区的Orpheum |
[09:10] | Are parents going to this concert? | 他父母也去音乐会么? |
[09:12] | No. | 不 |
[09:14] | And who is this boy again? | 那么 再问下这个男孩子是谁? |
[09:16] | Connor. He’s really nice. | Connor 他真的很好人的 |
[09:18] | Yeah? But we don’t even know him. | 是么? 但是我们甚至都不认识他 |
[09:21] | And you want to go downtown into the city? | 你想跟他一起去市区? |
[09:23] | It’s during the day. And how are you going to get there? | -是白天举行 -你们要怎么到那儿去呢? |
[09:25] | I don’t know. We haven’t figured that out yet. | 我不知道 我们还没想清楚呢 |
[09:28] | Oh, honey, I don’t know. I think that your mommy and I | 噢 宝贝 我不知道 我想你妈妈和我 |
[09:31] | are going to have a problem with this. | 对这件事不太赞同 |
[09:32] | I’m 14. | 我14岁了 |
[09:33] | And he’s 16. | 他16岁了 |
[09:34] | So? | 那又怎样? |
[09:34] | So we don’t know him. | 我们不认识他 |
[09:37] | He’s so nice. Honest. | 他很好 很诚实 |
[09:39] | And you know this how? | 你是怎么知道的呢? |
[09:40] | Because I know it! And, besides, it’s a concert! | 因为我就知道 而且那只是个音乐会 |
[09:42] | They’ll be tons of people. Nothing is going to happen. | 那儿会有成千人 不会出什么事的 |
[09:45] | And you know this because you’ve been to so many concerts? | 你知道这个 是因为你去过很多音乐会了? |
[09:47] | You two are crazy! | 你们俩疯了 |
[09:49] | Crazy? Really? | 疯了? 真的么? |
[09:51] | You know what I’ve been doing all day? | 你们知道我一整天都在干吗么? |
[09:52] | I’ve been trying to find a missing girl, | 我一直在找一个失踪的女孩 |
[09:54] | a couple of years older than you. | 就比你大几岁 |
[09:56] | Gone. Vanished into thin air. | 消失了 凭空消失了 |
[09:59] | Okay. So? I’m not her! | 好了 那又怎样? 我又不是她 |
[10:02] | And how did it happen? Was she going to a concert? | 怎么发生的? 她去音乐会了? |
[10:04] | No. Actually, she was going to school. | 不 事实上 她是在去学校的路上失踪的 |
[10:06] | Okay. Fine. I’ll stop going to school. | 好吧 好的 我不去学校了 |
[10:09] | Hey! You’re not gonna get your way by being a wise guy. | 嘿 你这样做可不够聪明 |
[10:11] | What difference does it make? | 有什么不同吗? |
[10:12] | I’m not going to get my way anyways. | 反正我想干吗都不行 |
[10:23] | Ariel? | |
[10:38] | Ariel. | |
[10:42] | You know, no one is saying you can’t ever go to a concert | 你知道么 没人说你不能去音乐会 |
[10:45] | without an adult. | 但要有大人在场 |
[10:47] | No one is saying that you can’t ever go out with boys. | 也没人说你不能跟男孩子们去约会 |
[10:52] | Just not this boy. | 只是不能跟这个男孩子出去 |
[10:55] | Just not this Saturday. | 只是这个星期六不行 |
[11:00] | Honey, I know how you feel. | 宝贝 我知道你的感受 |
[11:03] | (phone rings in distance) My mom wouldn’t let me go | 我妈妈在我16岁前 |
[11:04] | to a concert alone until I was 16. | 不让我自己一个人去音乐会 |
[11:07] | And you know what? | 你知道怎样么? |
[11:08] | When I finally went, | 后来我去的时候 |
[11:10] | I realized she was right. | 我意识到她是对的 |
[11:16] | Hey, it’s Cynthia Keener. | 嘿 是Cynthia Keener打来的 |
[11:17] | She wanted to know if you had anything for her. | 她想知道你有没有什么要告诉她的 |
[11:20] | She said you’d know what that meant. Yeah. | -她说你知道是什么意思 -好了 |
[11:22] | Tell her I’m still working on it. | 告诉她我还在弄 |
[11:23] | Tell her I need to call her back, please. | 告诉她我会回她电话的 |
[11:30] | Ariel… (sniffles) | |
[11:37] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[11:59] | TEACHER: Rose Pelligrini? | |
[12:01] | ROSE: Here. | 到 |
[12:04] | TEACHER: Tommy Radford? | |
[12:06] | TOMMY: Present. | 到 |
[12:07] | TEACHER Allison Rolen? | |
[12:08] | Here. | 到 |
[12:11] | TEACHER: Judd Ruben? | |
[12:12] | JUDD: Here. | 到 |
[12:13] | TEACHER: Craig Sampson? | |
[12:15] | CRAIG: Present. | 到 |
[12:17] | TEACHER: Jeffrey Simon? | |
[12:19] | JEFFREY: Here. | 到 |
[12:21] | TEACHER: Gail Simms? | |
[12:26] | Ari Steinberg? Present. | -到 |
[12:29] | Eric Tang? Right here. | -到 |
[12:30] | Cassandra Tunstell? | |
[12:35] | Casey Tunstell? | |
[12:37] | Tell him you’re here, dufus! | 告诉他你在 笨蛋 |
[12:38] | Here. | 到 |
[12:41] | TEACHER: Gary Pettit? | |
[12:44] | TEACHER: David Tomsinni? Here. | -到 |
[12:47] | Jeff Vanderhagen? | |
[12:48] | Present. | 到 |
[12:51] | TEACHER: Kevin Vanderdos? Here. | -到 |
[12:55] | Teresa Vennali? | |
[12:56] | Here. | 到 |
[12:58] | Regina Watanabe? | |
[13:00] | Present. | 到 |
[13:04] | TEACHER: Steve Zennon? Yup. | -到 |
[13:09] | Reaction? Uh, what do you mean? | -给点反应? -呃 你什么意思? |
[13:12] | Jordan Spence! Come on, pretty great, huh? | Jordan Spence 来吧 很棒吧 哈? |
[13:15] | Well, I don’t know. I mean, what does he look like? | 那么 我不知道 我是说 他长什么样子呢? |
[13:17] | Okay, don’t do that. | 好了 别那样 |
[13:19] | Don’t take a poop all ovover my good news just to be funny. | 别觉得拿我的好消息闹着玩有趣 |
[13:22] | I’m sorry. It’s great. | 抱歉 确实很棒 |
[13:23] | It’s better than great. | 太棒了 |
[13:26] | It happened just the way I dreamed it. | 跟我做的梦一样 |
[13:28] | Right in front of my locker. | 就在我的储物柜前 |
[13:30] | He was even wearing the shirt I told you he’d be wearing. | 他甚至就穿着我告诉你的那件衬衣 |
[13:32] | I’m really happy for you, Mo… | 我真为你高兴 妈… |
[13:35] | Ally. | |
[13:37] | Did you pick up your yearbook yet? | 你有去拿年鉴了么? |
[13:39] | Did you see the pictures of us? | 看到我们俩的照片了么? |
[13:47] | There we are. | 在这儿 |
[14:20] | Al? | |
[14:22] | You okay? | 你还好么? |
[14:24] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[14:26] | It’s Ariel. | |
[14:27] | It’s that damn dream. | 又是那个该死的梦 |
[14:29] | She can’t reach the phone. | 她拿不到电话 |
[14:30] | She’s trapped in that car, bleeding to death. | 她被困在里面流血至死 |
[14:33] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[14:34] | No, I didn’t see the kind of car. | 不 我没看到是什么车型 |
[14:36] | I didn’t see anything. | 我什么都没看到 |
[14:37] | Just our daughter suffering. | 就看到我们的女儿在挣扎 |
[14:41] | Wh-Wh-What are you doing? | 你 你 你在干吗? |
[14:43] | Oh! Why do I keep seeing that dream? | 噢 我怎么老做那个梦? |
[14:46] | I’m not learning anything from it. | 我根本什么都弄不明白 |
[14:47] | I’m not seeing anything that I haven’t seen already. | 我没看到任何以前没看到的内容 |
[14:51] | Okay, well, call me crazy, | 好了 那么 说我疯了吧 |
[14:53] | but, you know, she’s not speaking to you,you just had a big fight with your daughter. | 但是 你知道的 她不各你说话 你刚跟你女儿大战了一场 |
[14:55] | so maybe you’re bringing that anxiety back into bed with you. | 或许你带着那份焦虑睡觉 就… |
[15:01] | You know what the irony is? There is a girl out there | 你知道讽刺的是什么吗? 还有个女孩 |
[15:02] | who really needs my help, who really is in trouble, | 确实需要我的帮助 确实遇到了麻烦 |
[15:05] | and I have nothing for her. I touch her things, I get nothing. | 我却没有梦到关于她的任何事情 就算接触到她的东西 我也一无所获 |
[15:08] | I touch her hairbrush, I see her hair. | 我拿着她的梳子 看到了她的头发 |
[15:10] | I touch her contact lens case, I see her eyes. | 我拿着她的隐形眼镜盒 就看到了她的眼睛 |
[15:14] | I’m not even sure any of it is real. | 我甚至无法确定那是不是真的 |
[15:15] | I so badly want to see something. | 我真的太想看到些东西了 |
[15:18] | Did you call that Keener woman back? No. | -你有打给那个叫Keener的女人了么? -没有 |
[15:21] | I’m gonna see her tomorrow. | 我明天会去见她 |
[15:22] | I’m not looking forward to it. | 不过 我一点不想见她 |
[15:25] | You know, I… have nothing for her. | 你知道的 我…没什么好告诉她的 |
[15:27] | CYNTHIA: Well, I don’t understand. | 那么 我不明白了 |
[15:29] | I gave you all those things that belong to her, | 我给你的那些东西都是她的 |
[15:31] | and you come up with nothing? | 你却一无所获? |
[15:32] | It doesn’t work that way; I’m not a Geiger counter. | 不是那样的 我又不是Geiger counter |
[15:34] | You can’t just flip a switch and turn it on. | 你不能碰一下 就打开开关 |
[15:36] | Sometimes it just… doesn’t happen. | 有时候 真的是…没办法 |
[15:40] | Still, you do expect to get paid. | 那么 你确实还想得到薪水 |
[15:45] | I don’t work for charity. | 我可不是慈善机构 |
[15:47] | Neither do you. | 你也不是 |
[15:50] | I mean, how did it work with the District Attorney? | 我是说 为什么对地方检察官就有用? |
[15:52] | Surely there must have been some level of reliability. | 当然肯定是有一定的稳定性 |
[15:54] | He wouldn’t have kept you around all that time if there weren’t. | 如果你老是一无所获 他也不会一直让你给他干 |
[15:57] | It was completely different. | 那完全不同 |
[15:58] | He didn’t keep me at home hiding. | 他不会让我在家藏着 |
[16:01] | I got to go to the crime scenes, | 我得去犯罪现场 |
[16:03] | talk to the victims, to their families. | 跟受害人 跟他们的家人谈谈 |
[16:05] | Well, that would rather seem | 那么 这样做 |
[16:06] | to defeat the purpose, wouldn’t it? | 就不符合我的目的了? |
[16:08] | I mean, this is supposed to be about me, not you. | 我是说 这应该是为了我 而不是你 |
[16:18] | Who are you going to see? | 你要去见谁? |
[16:21] | You’re going to see someone. | 你是准备去见谁的 |
[16:23] | It has something to do with this case. | 肯定跟这案子有关 |
[16:24] | Take me with you. | 带我跟你一起去 |
[16:27] | Are you playing me? | 你是在耍我么? |
[16:29] | You’ve already paid me for the week. | 你这周已经付钱给我了 |
[16:31] | Why wouldn’t you want to get your money’s worth? | 干吗不让你的钱花得值得? |
[16:40] | All Right | 好吧 |
[16:42] | ??? | 她有个男朋友 比她大两岁 被开除了 据称是完全不知道她在哪儿 |
[16:50] | The polygraph seems to back that up. | 也通过了测谎 |
[16:52] | The police seem to think she was on her way to his apartment. | 警方好象认为她 是在去他公寓的路上失踪的 |
[16:55] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[16:56] | Oh, come on, it’s not The DaVinci Code. | 噢 算了吧 这可不是《达芬奇的密码》 |
[16:58] | She told everyone she was going to school that day, | 她告诉所有人她那天会去学校 |
[17:02] | and, in fact, she got off the bus, | 但事实上 她下了公车 |
[17:04] | made her way towards his apartment. | 就去了他的公寓 |
[17:06] | At least that’s the theory du jour. | 至少 这是个说得通的推理 |
[17:11] | I’ve talked to Melanie’s parents. | 我已经跟Melanie的父母谈过了 |
[17:13] | I’ve asked them to call the boy, | 叫他们给那男孩子打电话 |
[17:14] | and find out if I can interview him. | 看看我能不能询问他一下 |
[17:16] | It’s not a sure thing; they haven’t said yes. | 还不确定 他们还没同意 |
[17:19] | After all, I haven’t given them a lot for their money so far. | 毕竟 我到目前还没给他们很多线索 |
[17:22] | It’s going to happen. | 他们会同意的 |
[17:23] | You should take me with you. | 你应该带着我 |
[17:27] | You’re completely playing me. | 你简直就是在玩我 |
[17:30] | Fine, if it doesn’t happen, don’t take me with you. | 好吧 如果没那事 就别带我去了 |
[17:32] | I’m just trying to earn my keep. | 我只是在挣饭钱 |
[17:35] | You said he was 18. | 你说过他18岁了 |
[17:36] | He’s not going to know who I am. | 他不会知道我是谁的 |
[17:38] | You can introduce me as whoever you want. | 你可以随便怎么介绍我 |
[17:47] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑看看的 |
[17:53] | ARIEL: See this picture? | 看到这张照片了么? |
[17:54] | That’s my mom. And the girl next to her, that’s | 那是我妈妈 站在她旁边的那个女孩子 |
[17:57] | the girl that I was in my dream. | 就是我梦到的那个 |
[17:58] | Okay… but it’s still just a dream. | 好了 不过 那只是个梦 |
[18:01] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你不明白 |
[18:04] | I saw this picture in this yearbook, | 我在这本年鉴里看到过这张照片 |
[18:06] | only that was me where that girl is now, | 只是那个女孩子站的地方当时是我 |
[18:09] | in the exact same pose, in exactly the same clothes. | 一模一样的姿势 甚至一模一样的穿着 |
[18:13] | Well, maybe you’ve seen this book before. | 那么 或许你以前看过这本年鉴 |
[18:16] | Maybe you saw that picture, | 或许你以前看过那张照片 |
[18:17] | and it just got stuck in your head. | 然后你就记住了 |
[18:19] | But I haven’t; I’ve never even heard my mom mention a girl named Casey before. | 可我没看过 我甚至从没听我妈妈 提到过一个叫Casey的女孩子 |
[18:24] | Well… maybe you should tell her. | 那么 或许你应该告诉她 |
[18:28] | Maybe you should tell your mom about your dream, about this yearbook. | 或许你应该告诉你妈妈 你做的这个梦 还有这本年鉴 |
[18:29] | No. No, no… no way. | 不 不 不 不可能 |
[18:33] | I’m so mad at her. | 我还在生她的气 |
[18:36] | It’s weird. | 不过好奇怪 |
[18:38] | She was so cool in my dream. | 她在我梦里真的好酷 |
[18:40] | So into the boy who asked her to the dance. | 对那个请她去跳舞的男孩子非常着迷 |
[18:46] | She would be so disappointed | 如果她能看到她自己那个样子 |
[18:47] | if she could see how she turned out. | 肯定会很失望的 |
[18:49] | JOE: Okay, here’s my strategy. | 好了 我的策略是这样的 |
[18:50] | I’m paying the mortgage. | 我要利用抵押贷款 |
[18:52] | Everything else I’m paying, | 还有别的一切 |
[18:53] | but I’m paying with a credit card, which I’m not paying. | 但是 我也要用信用卡 不过 我不会付还钱的 |
[18:59] | You listening? | 你在听么? |
[19:00] | It’s important that you know these details | 这很重要 你得知道细节 |
[19:03] | so that you can testify in my defense | 这样他们要把我告进债家的监狱的时候 |
[19:05] | when they throw me into debtor’s prison. | 你可以出庭为我作证呀 |
[19:07] | Well, I look at these things, I see nothing. | 那么 我看着这些东西 一无所获 |
[19:10] | Well, I see things. | 那么 我看到东西了 |
[19:12] | (sighing): You know what? | 你知道么? |
[19:13] | We’ll live without the 800 bucks. | 没有那800美圆我们也能过得下去 |
[19:15] | No, it’s not that. It’s this girl. | 不 不是为了钱 是为了这个女孩子 |
[19:17] | Well, I want to help her. | 那么 我想帮她 |
[19:18] | I want to help her parents. | 我想帮她的父母 |
[19:20] | I don’t know what to say, Al. | 我不知道说什么 Al |
[19:22] | You know, if you were meant to be of help, you’d be of help. | 你知道的 如果你真的想帮忙 你就一定能够帮得上忙的 |
[19:25] | You keep telling me what a jerk this Cynthia woman is. | 你一直在告诉我 这个叫Cynthia的女人有多变态 |
[19:28] | Huh. So maybe that’s the news here. | -哈 -那么 或许关键在这儿 |
[19:30] | Maybe you’re not supposed to be working with her | 或许你不该跟她一起 |
[19:32] | on this or any other case. (sighs) | 查这个 或是别的案子 |
[19:35] | (sighs) Al, it’s 11:00. | Al 11:00了 |
[19:37] | Would you go in? I’ll be in in a second. | 你能先进房么? 我过会就来 |
[19:49] | Ariel? | |
[19:59] | Hey, Ariel, I know you’re not asleep. | 嘿 Ariel 我知道你还没睡着 |
[20:08] | I know you’re still mad at me… | 我知道你还在生我的气 |
[20:12] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该跟你说什么 |
[20:15] | You’re 14. | 你才14岁 |
[20:18] | There’ll be other concerts. | 还会有很多别的音乐会的 |
[20:19] | There’ll be other boys. | 还会遇到别的男孩子 |
[20:23] | I just… I can’t. | 我只是…我没法 |
[20:59] | (singing along): * There is freedom within * | |
[21:02] | * There is freedom without * | |
[21:04] | * Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup * | |
[21:11] | * There’s a battle ahead * | |
[21:14] | * Many battles are lost * | |
[21:16] | Come on, Casey, sing along. | 来呀 Casey 一起唱呀 |
[21:18] | * …the road while you’re traveling with me * | |
[21:22] | * Hey now, hey now * | |
[21:24] | WOMAN: Allison! | |
[21:25] | (knock at door) Okay, I’m shutting it off! | 好了 我马上关掉 |
[21:27] | * Hey now * | |
[21:32] | I hate my mother. | 我恨你我妈妈 |
[21:33] | Don’t say that. | 别那样说 |
[21:35] | Why not? You say it all the time about your parents. | 为什么不呢? 你一直都那么说你父母的 |
[21:38] | I do? | 我有么? |
[21:38] | I hate my parents and I hate Jordan Spence. | 我恨我父母 我恨Jordan Spence |
[21:41] | How could he break up with me just before summer vacation? | 他怎么可以在暑假前就跟我分手了呢? |
[21:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:46] | How could he break up with you just before summer vacation? | 他怎么能在暑假前跟你分手了呢? |
[21:49] | You know what I was gonna get him for his birthday? | 你知道我给他准备了什么生日礼物呢? |
[21:52] | Know what my big surprise was gonna be? | 知道我的大惊喜是什么吗? |
[21:55] | Tickets to Crowded House, | Crowded House的票 |
[21:57] | his favorite band. | 他最喜欢的乐队 |
[21:59] | I’ve never heard of them. | 我从来没听说过 |
[22:01] | Really? | 真的么? |
[22:02] | Jordan turned me on to them and now they’re like my favorite. | Jordan让我爱上了他们 现在 他们也差不多成了我的最爱了 |
[22:05] | They’re coming to the Orpheum downtown. | 他们要来市区的Orpheum |
[22:08] | I’ve been saving up money for months. | 我已经存了几个月的钱了 |
[22:12] | You want to go anyway, you and me? | 反正你也想去 你和我怎样? |
[22:15] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀? |
[22:16] | I can’t afford that. | 我可出不起那钱 |
[22:17] | I’ll lend you the money, I’ve got it right here. | 我会借钱给你 就在这儿 |
[22:20] | Wait a minute, you’re not allowed to go to concerts. | 等等 你不能去音乐会的 |
[22:23] | Not until you’re 16. | 得等到16岁才能去 |
[22:24] | I know. And neither are you. | 我知道 你不也一样 |
[22:27] | What did your father say the last time | 你上次偷跑出家的时候 |
[22:29] | they caught you sneaking out of the house? | 你爸爸是怎么说的? |
[22:30] | One more time and they’re sending you | 再逮到你一次 就要把你 |
[22:32] | to live with your aunt in Germany. | 送去德国跟你阿姨住 |
[22:34] | Well, I’m not waiting a whole other year to live my life. | 那么 我才不要再等一年 才过上自己想要的生活 |
[22:37] | I’m not. The tickets go on sale tomorrow | 我才不要呢 明天就开始卖票了 |
[22:39] | and I know that they’re gonna sell out in no time. | 我知道肯定一下就会卖完的 |
[22:41] | We should definitely go. | 我们肯定应该去的 |
[22:44] | But it’s the Orpheum downtown. | 不过 可是在市区的Orpheum呢 |
[22:46] | And if our mothers don’t take us, | 如果妈妈不带我们去 |
[22:48] | then how are we gonna get there? | 我们怎么才到得了的? |
[22:54] | This is downtown. | 这是市区 |
[22:55] | And here’s the Orpheum box office | 这是Orpheum的售票点 |
[22:58] | right on Adams. | 就在Adams旁边 |
[22:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:00] | Well, according to this, | 那么 根据地图来看 |
[23:02] | the M-14 bus runs right up and down Adams. | M-14路公车就来往于Adams |
[23:05] | And what just happens to be at the other end of Adams? | 如果正好我们在Adams的另一头呢? |
[23:07] | Why, the Moonlight Roller Rink, of course. | 怎样 当然是月光溜冰场 |
[23:11] | Okay, but I still don’t get it. | 好了 不过 我还是不明白 |
[23:13] | Sure you do. I get my mom to drop us off in the morning, | 你会明白的 我会让我妈妈 早上送我们到溜冰场 |
[23:17] | we hop the bus downtown, buy the tickets, | 我们再跳上公车去买车票 |
[23:19] | then hop on the bus back in time | 再及时乘公车回来 |
[23:20] | for your mom to pick us up at the roller rink. | 等着你妈妈来接我们回家 |
[23:23] | Oh, my God, I think that could work. | 噢 天哪 我觉得应该能行 |
[23:25] | Of course it’ll work. Why wouldn’t it work? | 当然能行 为什么不行呢? |
[23:27] | Oh, my God, that could work. | 噢 天哪 那应该行的 |
[23:31] | Oh, my God,???? | 噢 天哪 我觉得那应该行的 |
[23:40] | Hey, you see that? All bad things | 嘿 看到了没? 所有的坏事情 |
[23:41] | don’t necessarily come to an end. | 总是无止境的 |
[23:43] | It’s Cynthia Keener for you. | Cynthia Keener找你 |
[23:44] | I’m taking the girls to that matinee. | 我会带姑娘们去音乐会看看 |
[23:47] | No candy. | 别给她们吃糖 |
[23:48] | No money. | 也别给钱 |
[23:49] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[23:50] | Any dreams? | 有做梦么? |
[23:51] | Any breakthroughs? | 有什么进展么? |
[23:53] | Afraid not. | 恐怕没有 |
[23:55] | Melanie’s parents called the boyfriend. | Melanie的父母给男朋友打过电话了 |
[23:58] | He’s agreed to meet me tonight. | 他同意今晚见见我 |
[24:00] | You still interested in being there? | 你还有兴趣来么? |
[24:02] | You still interested in having me? | 你还有兴趣带着我么? |
[24:04] | Well, like you said, I already paid you. | 那么 正如你说的 我已经付过钱了 |
[24:06] | I might as well get my money’s worth. | 最好能让我的钱花得值得 |
[24:09] | I’ll tell him to come around | 我会告诉他 |
[24:12] | to that little coffee shop we meet at. | 到我们俩见面的咖啡店见 |
[24:15] | Can you be there at 7:00? | 你7点能到那儿么? |
[24:16] | Oh, wait. | 噢 等等 |
[24:18] | That’s about the time | 那正好是 |
[24:18] | I’m supposed to pick up my daughter and her friend | 我该去溜冰场接我女儿 |
[24:21] | from the roller rink. | 和她朋友的时候 |
[24:22] | And my husband just left. | 而且我丈夫刚好走开了 |
[24:24] | You know what? | 你知道么? 我会早一点点去接他们的 |
[24:24] | I’ll just pick them up a little early. | 你知道么? 我会早一点点去接他们的 |
[24:26] | I can get them both back here and still be able to get there. | 这样 我就能送他们俩回来 还能赶过去了 |
[24:31] | ARIEL: Thank you for doing this. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[24:32] | That’s the third time you’ve thanked me. | 这已经是你第三次谢谢我了 |
[24:36] | Do you think I’m awful? | 你觉得我很糟糕么? |
[24:37] | No. I think you’ve got a date with Connor Widomski. | 不 我想你已经 和Connor Widomski约会过了 |
[24:41] | That says it all. | 那就是一切 |
[24:43] | And besides, your mom lied to you. | 另外 你妈妈对你撒谎了 |
[24:46] | I wish you could’ve seen her. | 我真希望你能见到她 |
[24:47] | She was so cool. | 她真的很酷 |
[24:49] | Didn’t care when her parents told her no. | 她父母叫她别那么做的时候 她根本不管 |
[24:52] | See? You’re just doing what she would’ve done. | 看到么? 你刚做了她也想做的事 |
[24:55] | You’re just doing what she did. | 你刚做了她已经做过的事 |
[25:33] | I know I’m a little early; something came up. | 我知道我早了点 不过出了点事 |
[25:35] | Where’s Ariel? | Ariel在哪儿? |
[25:38] | Ariel! | |
[25:42] | Ariel! | |
[25:45] | I just want to let you know | 我只是想让你知道 |
[25:46] | I’m probably not going to be able to make it. | 我可能做来不了了 |
[25:48] | Something came up that’s out of my control. | 遇到了些我控制不了的事情 |
[25:52] | I am truly sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[25:54] | CYNTHIA: I don’t understand. | 我不明白了 |
[25:57] | Well, to be honest, I don’t really understand myself. | 那么 老实说 我自己都不太明白 |
[26:03] | Cynthia, I don’t know what to say. | Cynthia 我不知道该说什么 |
[26:04] | Well, neither do I. | 那么 我也是 |
[26:30] | JOE: You lied to us? | 你对我们撒谎了? |
[26:31] | Yeah, well, she lied to me. | 是呀 那么 她也对我撒谎了 |
[26:34] | Excuse me– lie to you?! | 抱歉 对你撒谎了?! |
[26:38] | It wasn’t me who got on a bus and went downtown | 知道不能去市区 |
[26:41] | when they were told not to. | 还坐公车去市区的不是我 |
[26:43] | Yeah, well, as a matter of fact, it was. | 是呀 那么 事实上 是的 |
[26:46] | What is she talking about? | 她在说什么呀? |
[26:47] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀? |
[26:48] | You. | 说你 |
[26:50] | You’re such a liar. | 你就是个大骗子 |
[26:52] | No concerts until you were 16? | 不到16岁不能去音乐会? |
[26:55] | Yes, I did not go to a concert by myself | 是呀 我在16岁前 |
[26:57] | until I was 16– what is your point? | 确实没独自去过音乐会 你想说什么? |
[27:00] | There it is– you’re doing it again. | 又来了 又来了 |
[27:02] | You’re lying. | 你在撒谎 |
[27:04] | I happen to know that you did go to a concert | 我刚好知道了你 |
[27:06] | with your best friend Casey, | 跟你最好的朋友Casey去了音乐会 |
[27:07] | and you did it when you were in the ninth grade. | 那时候你才读9年级 |
[27:09] | Even though you weren’t 16, | 即使那时候你还没16岁 |
[27:11] | even though your parents said you couldn’t. | 即使那是你父母不让你那么做 |
[27:13] | What?! | 什么?! |
[27:13] | And you want to know how you bought the tickets? | 你想知道你怎么去买的票么? |
[27:17] | Your told your mom you were going to go skate, | 你告诉你妈妈你是去滑冰 |
[27:20] | and you took a bus downtown. | 然后就坐公车去了市区 |
[27:25] | What is going on here? | 到底怎么回事? |
[27:27] | Is any of this true? Who told you that? | -这都是真的么? -谁告诉你的? |
[27:30] | Nobody told me anything. | 没人告诉我 |
[27:33] | I saw it. | 我看到了 |
[27:35] | I dreamt it. | 我梦到了 |
[27:38] | You had a dream about me and Casey? | 你做了个关于我和Casey的梦? |
[27:40] | Yeah. Only I was her. | 是的 只不过我就是她 |
[27:43] | I was Casey. | I我就是Casey |
[27:47] | And you were so cool, Mom. | 而你那时候好酷 |
[27:50] | ??? | 我好喜欢你 |
[28:05] | Is she still crying? | 她还在哭么? |
[28:08] | No. She’s finally asleep. | 不 她终于睡着了 |
[28:10] | And you can’t sleep and cry. | 你睡不着 还哭 |
[28:13] | She said it had been the best day of her life | 她说这是她生命中最美好的一天 |
[28:15] | and I made it the worst day of her life. | 而我却把它变成了她一生中最糟的一天 |
[28:21] | Want to hear the funny part? Mm. | -想听听有趣的部分么? -恩 |
[28:23] | You know that concert she’s talking about– | 你知道么 她说的那个音乐会 |
[28:24] | I never even made it there. | 我根本就没看成 |
[28:26] | No? | 没看成? |
[28:28] | We got a ride with this senior who had a car. | 我们搭个高年级学生的车去的 |
[28:32] | He and his buddies were drinking and smoking the whole way. | 他和他的朋友一整天都在喝酒抽烟 |
[28:35] | We finally got there, we were about to go into the Orpheum, | 等我们终于到了 准备进Orpheum的时候 |
[28:37] | and there’s this cop at the window. | 警察就出现了 |
[28:39] | And when he saw how young Casey and I were, | 他看出了我跟Casey还很小 |
[28:42] | he put us in his squad car and drove us home. | 把我们带进了他的巡逻车 送我们回家去了 |
[28:47] | So you really were 16 when you went to your first concert. | 那么 你第一次去音乐会时 确实只有16岁 |
[28:49] | Mm-hmm. | 恩 恩 |
[28:51] | Oh. | 噢 |
[28:54] | So who is this friend– | 那么 那个朋友… |
[28:56] | the one that she’s dreaming about? | 她一直梦到的那个 是谁? |
[28:58] | Casey Tunstell. | |
[29:00] | I haven’t spoken to her since, well… | 从那之后 我就没再跟她说过话 那么… |
[29:03] | pretty much since the night of that concert, practically. | 其实就是音乐会那晚之后 |
[29:08] | We stopped hanging out after that. | 自那之后 我们就不一起出去玩了 |
[29:12] | I figure her parents must’ve found out it was all my idea. | 我想她父母肯定发现了那都是我的主意 |
[29:16] | She just started avoiding me. | 她就开始避开我 |
[29:19] | I guess they forbade her to see me. | 我想他们禁止她再见我 |
[29:21] | You know how that goes. | 你知道怎么回事的 |
[29:31] | Last chance before the main event. | 开始之前的最后一次机会 |
[29:33] | We told you “no.” What’s the problem? | 我们跟你说了”不” 还想怎样? |
[29:35] | Don’t you girls know how to have fun? | 那么你们这些女孩子 不知道怎么找乐子么? |
[29:38] | Look at her– she’s shaking. | 看看她呀 她在颤抖 |
[29:41] | I told you she just doesn’t want to get in trouble. | 我告诉过你们了 她不想惹麻烦 |
[29:43] | Her parents are really strict. | 她的父母真的很严厉的 |
[29:45] | Come on, we’re here. Let’s just go inside. | 好了 我们到了 进去吧 |
[29:57] | OFFICER: My goodness. | 我的天哪 |
[29:58] | That’s a fragrant aroma coming from your vehicle. | 你的车里可传来了一阵芬芳啊 |
[30:01] | Can I see your license, please, sir? | 能看看你的驾照么 先生? |
[30:12] | Says here you’re 17, young man. | 上边说你17岁了 年轻人 |
[30:15] | How about you two in the back? | 后边那两个呢? |
[30:18] | You sure look young to me. | 我看你们俩够小的 |
[30:19] | Either of you old enough to have a license? | 够年级拿驾照了么? |
[30:23] | OFFICER: Huh? | 哈? |
[30:25] | I didn’t think so. | 我想也不够 |
[30:27] | Your parents know that you’re hanging out with boys, | 你们的父母知道你们更男孩子出来 |
[30:28] | drinking and smoking? | 喝酒抽烟么? |
[30:30] | We didn’t drink or smoke anything. | 我们没有喝酒 也没抽烟 |
[30:31] | We just needed a ride. | 我们只是搭个便车而已 |
[30:35] | You two planning on going to the concert tonight? | 你们俩今晚打算去看音乐会的? |
[30:37] | Yes, we were, sir. | 是的 确实 长官 |
[30:39] | All right, I’m gonna cut you some slack. | 好了 我打算放你们一马 |
[30:41] | Get out. | 出来吧 |
[30:43] | What I want you to do | 我要你们做的就是 |
[30:45] | is go in there and sober up. And I’m gonna be out here | 进去之后别喝酒抽烟 音乐会结束时 我会在这儿 |
[30:48] | waiting for you when the concert’s over. | 等你们出来的 |
[30:50] | And if either one of you looks | 如果你们其中任何一个 |
[30:51] | the least bit squirrelly to me, | 让我觉得有点古怪 |
[30:53] | not only will you not be getting behind the wheel | 你们不仅是今天晚上别想开车了 |
[30:55] | of this car tonight, but I will see to it | 我会让你们 |
[30:58] | that neither one of you ever gets behind the wheel | 这辈子都别想 |
[31:01] | of a motor vehicle ever again. | 再开车了 |
[31:03] | You read me? | 你听明白了么? |
[31:04] | Yeah. Thank you, Officer. | 是呀 谢谢你 警官 |
[31:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:06] | Now, ladies, one more time, | 现在 女士们 再问一次 |
[31:09] | do your parents know that you’re here, | 你们的父母知道 |
[31:10] | either of you? | 你们在这儿么? |
[31:12] | Yeah, they know. | 是的 他们知道 |
[31:13] | Okay, well, give me their phone numbers, each of you, | 好了 那么 把他们的号码告诉我 你们俩都得说 |
[31:16] | and I’ll give ’em a call and confirm that. | 我会给他们打个电话确认的 |
[31:20] | I thought so. | 我想也是 |
[31:22] | Why don’t you hop out there? | 你们干吗不下车? |
[31:24] | Get in my car. I’m taking you ladies home. | 到我的车里去 我送你们回家 |
[31:27] | Are you gonna be okay? | 你会没事吧? |
[31:29] | Are your parents gonna be okay? | 你父母不会怎样吧? |
[31:31] | I remember how they got that last time. | 我还记得上次他们有什么反应 |
[31:35] | I’m so sorry, Case. | 抱歉 Case |
[31:38] | I can’t believe this. | 我无法相信 |
[31:41] | Who knows? Maybe it’s just a dream. | 谁知道呢? 或许这只是个梦呢 |
[31:43] | Maybe I’ll just wake up. | 或许我会就这么醒过来呢 |
[31:48] | You poor thing. | 你这个可怜的家伙 |
[31:49] | Briarwood Place, you said? | Briarwood 你是这么说的? |
[31:52] | Uh-huh. | 呃 哈 |
[32:00] | What I should do right now is walk up to that door, | 我现在该做的是 走过去 |
[32:03] | knock on it and tell your folks | 敲门 告诉你的家人 |
[32:04] | where it is I found you tonight, | 我今晚在哪儿找到的你 |
[32:07] | but I’m not gonna do that | 不过 我不会那么做 |
[32:09] | ’cause I suspect you’re smart enough | 因为我怀疑你够不够聪明 |
[32:10] | to know when you’ve dodged a bullet. | 知道你刚躲开了大难 |
[32:13] | Now get out of here. | 现在 下车 |
[32:17] | Can my friend come with me? | 我朋友能跟我一起么? |
[32:19] | Her parents, they’re not gonna understand. | 她的父母 他们不会明白的 |
[32:21] | Why don’t you let me worry about that? | 你干吗不把那留给我担忧呢? |
[32:24] | Or would you rather I escort you to your door? | 或者 你还是想让我送你进门? |
[32:28] | No, that’s okay. | 不 没关系 |
[32:47] | What’d you say your name was, young lady? | 你说你叫什么名字呢 小姑娘? |
[32:50] | Casey. | |
[32:52] | Well, it sounds like your parents are real strict, huh? | 那么 听来好象你父母真的很严厉 哈? |
[32:57] | Yeah, that’s what I hear. | 是呀 我听到的也是如此 |
[32:58] | Yeah. They wouldn’t be too happy if they found out | 是呀 如果他们知道了你今晚 |
[33:01] | what you were doing tonight, would they? | 跑到哪儿去了 会很不高兴的 对吧? |
[33:04] | Yeah, but you’re not really gonna tell them. | 是呀 不过你真的不用告诉他们 |
[33:08] | (sighs) Well, that depends. | 那么 那要看情况 |
[33:11] | There’s my street. | 我住的地方到了 |
[33:13] | I suppose I could | 我想我能 |
[33:14] | do you a favor and not say anything. | 帮你个忙 什么都不说 |
[33:21] | You’re passing it. | 你开过我家了 |
[33:23] | First, you have to do me a favor. | 首先 你得帮我个忙 |
[33:26] | I’d really like to wake up now. | 我真的想现在就醒过来 |
[33:29] | Pardon me? Did you say something? | 不好意思? 你说什么了么? |
[33:32] | You missed my street. | 你开过我住的地方了 |
[33:33] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[33:34] | We’re just talking, | 我们只是谈谈 |
[33:36] | getting to know each other. | 了解一下彼此 |
[33:38] | Okay, I’d really like to wake up now! | 好了 我真的想现在就醒过来 |
[33:40] | You’re a pretty girl, Casey. | 你是个漂亮的姑娘 Casey |
[33:42] | Know that? | 知道么? |
[33:45] | A really pretty girl. | 一个真正漂亮的女孩子 |
[33:51] | Ariel! | |
[33:55] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[33:56] | What is it? | What is it?! 怎么了? 怎么了?! |
[34:00] | I couldn’t wake up! | I couldn’t wake up! 我醒不过来 我醒不过来 |
[34:03] | It was so horrible! | 真是太可怕了 |
[34:05] | ??? | 我什么都做不了 就是醒不过来 |
[34:25] | She’s asleep in our bed. | 她在我们的床上睡着了 |
[34:27] | Well, I’m grateful that someone is. | 那么 真高兴有的人真的是睡着了 |
[34:32] | Um, I got to ask. | 恩 我得问问了 |
[34:34] | How much of that actually happened? | 到底有多少是真正发生了的? |
[34:36] | Want to hear something scary? | 想听点可怕的事情么? |
[34:38] | All of it. At least all of it I was there for. | 全都是真的 至少我在场的那部分 |
[34:41] | It happened just like that. | 就跟她梦的一样 |
[34:42] | I never heard about Casey being attacked. | 我从来没听说过Casey被袭击了 |
[34:45] | You did say you didn’t see | 不过你确实说 在那晚之后 |
[34:47] | that much of her after that night. | 就没怎么见过她了 |
[34:49] | You know, I don’t think I ever spoke to her after that. | 你知道么 我觉得在那之后 我就没再跟她说过话 |
[34:53] | I always assumed it was her parents. | 我总是以为是因为她父母 |
[34:57] | You know what? I have to find her. | 你知道么? 我得找到她 |
[34:58] | I have to talk to her about this. | 必须得跟她谈谈这一切 |
[35:00] | Tunstell. T-U-N-S-T-E-L-L. | |
[35:04] | You know, she could be married by now. | 你知道的 她应该已经结婚了 |
[35:06] | Her first name, you know, | 她的名字 你知道的 |
[35:07] | could be Cassandra, for all I know. | 就我所知 应该是Cassandra |
[35:10] | I found her, I think. | 我找到她了 我想 |
[35:12] | Well, what took you so long? | 那么 怎么花了你这么长时间? |
[35:15] | Okay, this is from the Flagstaff Examiner. | 好了 这是从Flagstaff验尸官那里来的 |
[35:17] | “Pinecrest resident Casey Tunstell…” | Pinecrest居民Casey Tunstell |
[35:21] | What? What? Why’d you stop reading? | 怎么? 什么? 怎么不读了? |
[35:25] | Ah, she’s dead, Al. | 啊 她死了 Al |
[35:29] | Killed in a car accident almost 12 years ago. | 差不多12年前死于车祸 |
[35:33] | Oh, my God, Casey… | 噢 我的天哪 Casey… |
[35:36] | According to this, | 根据这上边写的 |
[35:37] | she hit a deer. | 她撞到了头鹿 |
[35:42] | You know, in all those dreams, Ariel was Casey. | 你知道么 在所有那些梦里 Ariel就是Casey |
[35:45] | in the car wreck dreams that I had | 我做的那个车祸的梦里 |
[35:47] | and the high school dreams that Ariel had. | Ariel做的那些高中时代的梦 |
[35:51] | I just, I can’t figure out the why of it. | 我只是 我不明白为什么会那样 |
[35:55] | I mean, why show us these things now? | 我是说 为什么现在让我们看到这些? |
[35:57] | What does it have to do with anything? | 这到底跟什么有关呢? |
[35:59] | I don’t know. It doesn’t make any sense. | 我不知道 这没道理呀 |
[36:02] | A guy attacked her 20 years ago | 有个家伙20年前袭击了她 |
[36:04] | and she didn’t say anything then when she was alive. | 她活着的时候却什么都没说 |
[36:07] | I mean, why now? | 我是说 为什么是现在? |
[36:08] | That cop was some judge of character. | 那个警察还真是够聪明 |
[36:11] | He knew the only way that Casey could accuse him | 他知道Casey唯一能控告他的办法 |
[36:13] | of anything would be for her to tell her parents, | 就是把这一切告诉她的父母 |
[36:15] | to admit to them that she snuck out again, | 也就是承认她又偷偷溜出去了 |
[36:18] | that she disobeyed them again. | 也就是说她又违背了他们的话 |
[36:20] | And he could sense she would never do that. | 而他知道她不会那样做的 |
[36:24] | What I don’t get is why I didn’t see it. | 我不明白的是 为什么不是我看到这一切 |
[36:28] | I was in that car with him, too. | 我当时也跟她一起在车里 |
[36:30] | I let him drive off with her. | 我让他开车送她回去 |
[36:31] | Come on, Allison. | 别这样 Allison |
[36:33] | You’re a teenager. He’s a police officer. | 你当时是个青少年 他是名警官 |
[36:35] | I mean, how do you not get in that car? | 我是说 你怎么可能不上车? |
[36:38] | Wait a minute. Say that again. | 等等 再说一遍 |
[36:40] | When you’re that age, when you’re in high school, | 你那个年龄 在上中学 |
[36:42] | I mean, how do you not get into a police officer’s car | 我是说 有警察让你上车的时候 |
[36:44] | when he tells you to? | 你怎么可能不上车呢? |
[36:51] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[36:52] | Good morning. I appreciate you coming over so quickly. | 早上好 很感激你这么快赶过来 |
[36:54] | Oh, that’s all right. I needed to see you anyway. | 噢 没关系 反正我也想见你 |
[36:57] | Now’s as good a time as any. | 现在 跟其他时候一样好 |
[37:00] | This, uh, obviously isn’t working out. | 这个 呃 显然是没有用 |
[37:03] | It’s certainly not working out for me, for my clients. | 显然对我 对我的客户都没用 |
[37:08] | Melanie’s parents have called in the FBI. | Melanie的父母打给了FBI |
[37:10] | I’ll need her books and things back. | 我得把她的书和其他东西拿回来 |
[37:12] | I’ve been asked to surrender them to the federal authorities. | 我得把它们交给联邦当局 |
[37:17] | As for the money I’ve paid you to date, well… | 那么 我已经给了你的钱就算了 |
[37:22] | But, uh, going forward, | 不过 呃 接下来 |
[37:25] | I don’t really believe there is any going forward. | 我真的无法相信还有接下来了 |
[37:29] | (sighs) Well, I am sorry that you feel that way, | 那么 很抱歉你有这种感觉 |
[37:31] | especially now that I have a pretty good idea | 特别是现在我有了个 |
[37:33] | how to find her and I was counting on you for your help, | 找到她的好主意的时候 而且我还想请你帮忙 |
[37:36] | but let me go get those books. | 不过 让我去把那些书拿过来吧 |
[37:40] | Um, Allison… | 恩 Allison… |
[37:42] | Uh, let me see if I understand this correctly. | 呃 看看我是不是理解得正确了 |
[37:44] | You want a copy of the I.D. photos | 你需要所有1987年 |
[37:45] | of every officer working in 1987. | 在职的警察的身份档案 |
[37:49] | I do. | 是的 |
[37:53] | Wouldn’t it just be simpler to bring whoever | 干吗不简单点 |
[37:54] | this secret informant is into the station here | 把这个秘密线人带到警察局来 |
[37:56] | and have him or her just look over the files? | 让他或她看看这些文件? |
[38:02] | It’s not gonna happen, Detective. | 那不可能发生的 探员 |
[38:05] | And time is of the essence. | 现在时间就是关键 |
[38:37] | It’s our guy. | 就是那个家伙 |
[38:46] | Can I help you? | 能帮到你么? |
[38:48] | Ben Talmadge? | |
[38:50] | Officer Ben Talmadge. | Ben Talmadge警官 |
[38:53] | What can I do for you, Detective? | 有什么能帮到你的 探员? |
[38:55] | I was wondering if I might take a look inside your house. | 我想能不能到你屋子里看看 |
[38:59] | You have a warrant? | 你有搜查令么? |
[39:00] | No, but I can get one. | 没有 不过我能去申请一份 |
[39:02] | We can all wait around till it arrives, | 我们可以等到搜查令送过来 |
[39:05] | or you can invite me in to take a look around. | 或者你能主动邀请我们进去看看 |
[39:10] | You know, I retire… a week and a half. | 你知道么 我还有一个半星期退休了 |
[39:17] | Made a lot of, a lot of plans. | 有很多计划 |
[39:20] | A lot of preparations. | 做了很多准备 |
[39:23] | You’re not gonna do anything to screw that up, | 你不会想做什么来毁了这一切吧 |
[39:27] | are you, Detective? | 对吧 探员? |
[39:29] | That’d be up to you, sir. | 那要看你的了 先生 |
[39:32] | That’d be up to you. | 那要看你的了 |
[39:34] | REPORTER: 16-year-old Melanie Daniels | 16岁的Melanie Daniels |
[39:36] | was rescued late this evening | 在失踪四天后 |
[39:38] | after being missing for four days, | 今天晚上获救 |
[39:39] | based on information supplied by Ameritips, | 其线报都是由Ameritips提供的 |
[39:42] | which aided in the investigation at the parents’ request. | 他们是受受害者父母委托进行调查的 |
[39:45] | Her abductor, a policeman, is believed to have lured | 绑架者是一名警官 |
[39:47] | the 16-year-old into his patrol car | 诱惑16岁的女孩上了他的巡逻车 |
[39:50] | and kept her prisoner in the basement of his home… | 并将她困在自己家的地下室 |
[39:51] | Come on. Time to get up, go to bed. | 好了 是时候起来上床睡觉了 |
[39:54] | It’s 2:00 in the morning. | 已经凌晨两点了 |
[39:56] | Wait a second. I was watching that. No, you weren’t. | -等等 我还在看新闻呢 -不 你没看 |
[39:59] | That’s the 2:00 a.m. rebroadcast of the 11:00 news. | 现在是两点了 重播11点的新闻 |
[40:02] | You’ve seen it already. | 你已经看过了 |
[40:05] | To hear them tell it, | 听到他们说了 |
[40:06] | Ameritips did the whole thing by themselves. | Ameritips一手完成了这件事 |
[40:08] | Your friend Cynthia’s gonna be very happy. | 你的朋友Cynthia肯定会很高兴的 |
[40:11] | No mention of you, no mention of Ariel. | 没有提到你 没有提到Ariel |
[40:13] | Well, that’s fine with me. | 对我来说很好 |
[40:16] | I’m just happy that the girl’s safe | 我只是很高兴那姑娘安全了 |
[40:19] | and I’m still on the payroll. | 而我也依然能得到薪水 |
[40:30] | You go ahead. I’ll be in in a minute. | 你先去 我一会就来 |
[40:50] | * There is freedom within * | |
[40:53] | * There is freedom without * | |
[40:55] | * Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup… * | |
[40:58] | You know, I’m really glad we’re doing this. | 你知道么 我真的很高兴 我们做成了这事 |
[41:01] | You don’t hate me? Come on, Mom. | -你不恨我了? -别这样 妈妈 |
[41:03] | I wouldn’t be having this dream if I hated you. | 如果我恨你 就不会做那个梦了 |
[41:05] | * Many battles are lost, but you’ll never see * | |
[41:08] | * The end of the road while you’re traveling with me * | |
[41:13] | * Hey now, hey now, don’t dream it’s over… * |