时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | Your aspirin, mademoiselle. | 小姐 你的阿司匹林 |
[00:20] | I was starting to think you’d forgotten about me. | 我以为你已经把我忘了 |
[00:23] | I was just looking for a store that was still open, that’s all. | 我只是在找还在营业的药店 |
[00:36] | Must be some headache. | 看来是有点头痛 |
[00:38] | Can’t even kiss your husband | 我们在世界上最美的城市 |
[00:40] | in the most beautiful city on Earth. | 你竟然不吻吻你的丈夫 |
[00:44] | This isn’t right, Kent. | 这是不对的 Kent |
[00:47] | It’s springtime in Paris. | 现在巴黎正值春天 |
[00:51] | We’re in the same room we honeymooned in. | 我们在度蜜月又共处一室 |
[00:54] | Come on, maybe a little Chardonnay | 亲爱的 快过来 喝点白葡萄酒 |
[00:56] | will put you in a better mood. | 能让你有点气色 |
[01:11] | To us. | 干杯 |
[01:19] | To us. | 干杯 |
[01:44] | JOE (groggily): You all right? | 你没事吧? |
[01:46] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[01:48] | Were you dreaming again? | 又做梦了? |
[01:50] | An American couple in Paris… | 我梦到一对美国夫妇在巴黎… |
[01:53] | The wife ended up | 妻子用开瓶器 |
[01:54] | stabbing the husband through the hand with a corkscrew. | 戳他丈夫的手把他给杀了 |
[02:01] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该怎么和你说 |
[02:01] | I don’t think ’em up. | 我没有瞎编 |
[02:52] | BRIDGETTE: Three tenths… | 十分之三… |
[02:56] | Two twelfths, whic really one sixth. | 十二分之二 就是六分之一 |
[03:02] | Um… | 这个… |
[03:04] | Can you give me a clue? | 你能提示一下吗? |
[03:06] | It’s a math problem, doofus. | 这是算术题 笨蛋 |
[03:09] | So? | 所以? |
[03:09] | So, there are no clues in math. | 所以没有提示 |
[03:11] | You either know the answer or you don’t. | 要么算得出要么就算不出 |
[03:14] | Mommy, I don’t like doing flash cards with Ariel. | 妈妈 我不想和Ariel做闪光卡 |
[03:16] | I’d rather do them with Daddy. | 我想和爸爸做 |
[03:19] | Sorry, kiddo. | 抱歉 宝贝 |
[03:20] | Your dad is getting ready for a big job interview. | 你爸爸正在准备一个很重要的面试 |
[03:22] | It’s your sister or nothing this morning. | 你要么不做要么和你姐姐做 |
[03:27] | You ready for a good luck kiss? | 准备好了吗? |
[03:29] | Why don’t you tell me, do I look ready? | 你觉得呢? |
[03:31] | Let’s see. | 让我看看 |
[03:32] | Ooh, you look good. | 看起来不错 |
[03:35] | Highly employable. | 很有工作能力 |
[03:37] | Oh, yeah? | 真的吗? |
[03:38] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[03:39] | If I was the president of a big aerospace company, | 如果我是航空公司的老板 |
[03:41] | I would definitely hire you– definitely. | 我一定会录用你 |
[03:44] | All right. Okay. | 谢谢 |
[03:46] | From your lips. | 你说的一定准 |
[03:47] | Don’t be such a fatalist. | 别那么宿命 |
[03:49] | I’m not a fatalist, I’m a realist. | 我不是宿命论者 我可是现实主义者 |
[03:52] | I mean, aside from Aerodytech, | 除了这家航空公司 |
[03:54] | aside from the company that fired me, | 和解雇我的那家公司 |
[03:57] | there are only two other firms in Phoenix | 在凤凰城还有两家工厂 |
[03:59] | that do anything even remotely related | 但和我做的工作 |
[04:01] | to the kind of work that I do. | 都没啥关系 |
[04:02] | And one of them is laying people off. | 而且其中一家也在裁员 |
[04:05] | This may literally be the last engineering job in town. | 所以这估计是镇上 最后一个工程师的职位了 |
[04:09] | That’s okay. You only need one. | 没关系 你只需要一份工作 |
[04:24] | You’re a brilliant man, Mr. Dubois. | Mr. Dubois 你是个聪明人 |
[04:26] | I’ve been following your career for some time. | 我看了下你的简历 |
[04:28] | We’d be lucky to have you. | 如果我们录用了你 |
[04:29] | And that would be that, except that, for some reason, | 会对公司很有帮助 但是 |
[04:32] | at this particular moment in time, | 在这个特殊时刻 |
[04:34] | there are also two or three other engineers | 还有两三个和你一样 |
[04:37] | who I expect we’d be lucky to have | 优秀的工程师 |
[04:38] | and I’ve yet to meet with them. | 而我也和他们见过面了 |
[04:41] | So I’m going to have to ask you | 所以我想请你 |
[04:42] | to be patient, bear with me. | 再耐心点 |
[04:45] | May take me a week or two to identify just who it is | 给我一到两个星期考虑一下 |
[04:48] | I’m going to ask to join us. | 谁才是公司需要的人才 |
[04:50] | Of course. I understand completely. | 当然可以 我能理解 |
[04:52] | It’s a big decision. | 这是个重要的决定 |
[04:54] | For both of us. | 对我们来说都是 |
[04:56] | Now that we got that out of the way, | 撇开这个不谈 |
[04:59] | I have to ask you, um… | 我想问你一个… |
[05:03] | kind of a peculiar question. | 一个比较敏感的问题 |
[05:05] | Okay. | 问吧 |
[05:08] | Your wife– she wouldn’t, by any chance, | 你的妻子 她不会碰巧就是… |
[05:12] | be the Dubois woman who was on the news earlier this year? | 年初新闻上说的那个Dubois夫人吧? |
[05:16] | Why? Is that going to be a problem? | 怎么了? 这有问题吗? |
[05:19] | Depends what you consider a problem. | 这取决于你怎么看了 |
[05:23] | My wife followed that story very closely. | 我的妻子很关心那个故事 |
[05:25] | When I told her I was meeting with you this morning | 当我早上告诉她我要和你见面时 |
[05:28] | she made me promise I’d find out. | 她让我来确认下 |
[05:32] | Well, please tell your wife I am married to Allison Dubois. | 那请你转告你的妻子 我娶了Allison Dubois |
[05:36] | And she is the woman that they were writing about. | 她就是那个新闻里的人 |
[05:39] | Frankly, I take issue with a lot of the things | 坦白说 我对那些新闻和 |
[05:42] | that were said, a lot of the things that were implied. | 其中所隐含的内容都不太赞同 |
[05:47] | Well, it can’t be easy. | 这很不容易 |
[05:49] | For you or her. | 对你或对她 |
[05:51] | For what it’s worth, my wife is a big believer. | 不管怎样我的妻子仍相信她 |
[05:54] | And her husband? | 那你呢? |
[05:56] | Well, I’m a big believer in my wife. | 我相信我的妻子 |
[06:01] | Which brings me to my next peculiar question. | 我再问个比较私人的问题 |
[06:06] | What are the two of you doing this evening? | 你们俩今晚准备干嘛? |
[06:10] | JOE: Hey. | 好啊 |
[06:13] | Hey. How’d it go? | 好 面试怎么样? |
[06:14] | Honestly, it’s a little hard to say. | 很难说清 |
[06:17] | But I need a favor. | 但我需要帮助 |
[06:19] | So let me get this straight– | 让我直说吧… |
[06:20] | they’re having a party at their house. | 他们准备开一个派对 |
[06:22] | It’s kind of a charity thing. | 是慈善性质的 |
[06:23] | Tonight. | 就在今晚 |
[06:24] | I know, it’s a little bit odd. | 我知道这有点奇怪 |
[06:25] | And your new boss? | 然后你的老板? |
[06:26] | He’s not my boss yet. | 他还不是我老板 |
[06:27] | Right, not your boss yet– | 好吧 还不是你老板的那人… |
[06:30] | wants us to come to this party | 邀请我们出席派对 |
[06:31] | because his wife thinks I’m interesting. | 就因为他的妻子对我有兴趣 |
[06:36] | Uh, you make that sound like it’s a bad thing. | 听你口气那好像是件坏事 |
[06:39] | Well, just so you know, it feels like a bad thing. | 就像你说的 这是件坏事 |
[06:42] | I’m not a freak, I’m not an oddity, | 我不是怪胎 不是外星人 |
[06:44] | I’m not a science experiment. | 也不是科学实验品 |
[06:47] | I don’t even know what you’re talking about now. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[06:49] | What is going to be expected of us | 如果我们去了那 |
[06:51] | when we go to this party? | 会发生什么事? |
[06:52] | What is she expecting me to do? | 她想让我做什么? |
[06:53] | Do? I don’t know– eat, drink, maybe be merry. | 做什么? 吃吃喝喝 娱乐娱乐 |
[06:57] | And you’re fairly sure her idea of merriment | 你能确定她的娱乐项目里 |
[06:59] | doesn’t include me sitting in the corner reading tea leaves | 不包括让我坐在角落里看叶片占卜 |
[07:02] | or telling a fortune or two? | 或者看手相算命什么的? |
[07:04] | Allison, this man that I met today, Pet Peter Barrister– | Allison Pet Peter Barrister这人 |
[07:07] | he strikes me as a fairly sophisticated man. | 给我感觉他是一个久经事故的人 |
[07:09] | I’ve got to believe that if he’s looking for party entertainers | 如果他要找给派对助兴的 |
[07:11] | he has the means and the wherewithal | 肯定会自己 |
[07:13] | to find them on his own. | 花钱去请 |
[07:14] | I honestly think that his wife | 所以我认为他的妻子 |
[07:16] | is legitimately interested in you. | 对你只是感兴趣 |
[07:18] | Which is another way of saying that you are someone | 换句话说 |
[07:20] | that she would love to meet, period. | 她只是单纯得想见见你 |
[07:22] | Now, if you don’t want to go to this party, | 如果你不想去派对 |
[07:24] | I guess we won’t go to this party. | 那我们就都不用去了 |
[07:26] | But I got to tell you, finally, | 但我最后想说的是 |
[07:29] | you doing what you do and you being who you are, | 你的身份和你所做的事 |
[07:32] | has the potential of giving us– giving me– | 有可能 |
[07:35] | a leg up in a situation where I could use it. | 会助我一臂之力 |
[07:39] | Now, he’s interviewing two other people. | 他还面试了两个人 |
[07:41] | I’m betting neither of them are married to a famous psychic. | 我敢说他们都没有娶灵媒当老婆 |
[07:46] | I’ll tell Ariel that she’s babysitting. | 我去和Ariel说一下让她照看孩子们 |
[07:50] | We need a signal. | 我们需要个暗号 |
[07:51] | Hmm? What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[07:53] | Well, what if we do if Mrs. Barrister corners me | 如果Barrister夫人一定要我 |
[07:55] | tries to get me, you know, to guess people’s birthdays | 去猜别人的生日或者预测未来什么的 |
[07:58] | or the future… I don’t know. | 我该怎么办 |
[08:01] | Hmm, let me see… | 让我想想… |
[08:03] | Why don’t you just give me that look you always give me | 你可以给我个眼神就是你经常做的那种 |
[08:05] | and then I’ll, uh, interject myself in the situation. | 然后我就可以插进来 |
[08:08] | I’ll know what to do. What are you talking about? What look? | 然后我就知道怎么做了 你在说什么? 哪种眼神? |
[08:12] | I don’t know what look you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么. |
[08:15] | You know, I think you’re intentionally being vague | 你是故意这样含糊不清 |
[08:17] | because you actually find this situation amusing. | 因为你觉得这种状况很好笑 |
[08:19] | Well, it’s not amusing. | 但对我来说 |
[08:20] | Not to me. | 并不好笑 |
[08:24] | Yeah, that’s the one. | 暗号就用这个了 |
[08:32] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[08:33] | Hi. Hello. Hi, um… | 你好 你好… |
[08:35] | I’m Joe… | 我是Joe… |
[08:36] | Joe Dubois. Yeah, I recognize your wife | Joe Dubois 我在报纸上 |
[08:38] | from the newspaper. | 看到过你妻子 |
[08:38] | You must get that all the time. Allison. | 你一定经常上报 Allison |
[08:41] | I’m Bonnie Barrister. | 我是Bonnie Barrister. |
[08:43] | I’m so excited that you’re here. | 你们能来我很高兴 |
[08:44] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[08:45] | We’re thrilled to be here. | 能过来我们很激动 |
[08:46] | Oh, please, come in, make yourself at home. | 快请进 你们尽兴 |
[08:48] | JOE: Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:51] | There’s a bar in the next room, and there’s food as well. | 隔壁有个吧台 吃的也在那 |
[08:54] | Peter is around here somewhere. | Peter应该就在这周围逛 |
[08:55] | I have to iron out a few wrinkles | 我去找准备食物的人处理点事 |
[08:56] | with the caterer, but after I’m through | 处理完了 |
[08:58] | I plan on finding you. | 我就来找你 |
[09:00] | I’ll be here. Wonderful. | 我等你 太好了 |
[09:03] | Wonderful. | 还不错 |
[09:04] | You’re not fooling me. | 你没开玩笑吧 |
[09:05] | That’s not the look. | 看起来不像 |
[09:22] | I see you’ve been abandoned. | 我看到你落单了 |
[09:25] | Uh, no, he’s just… hunting and gathering. | 他只是想涉猎广点 |
[09:29] | (laughing): Oh, my. | 啊呀! |
[09:30] | Does that make my husband his prey? | 那我丈夫岂不是成了他的猎物? |
[09:34] | (laughing) I hope Chardonnay’s okay. | 白葡萄酒可以吗? |
[09:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:39] | For what it’s worth, | 无论如何 |
[09:40] | ow Peter’s very taken with your husband. | Peter对你丈夫的喜爱 |
[09:42] | Not just because I’m taken with you. | 并不仅仅因为我喜欢你 |
[09:47] | I have to be honest with you, Allison. | 我老实和你说 Allison. |
[09:50] | I don’t know how you can live with it. | 我想知道在这样的情况下 你怎么还能生活 |
[09:53] | I’m sorry. Live with what? | 这样的情况是指? |
[09:55] | With this city and the people in it. | 住在这座城市的人 |
[09:58] | The way they treated you, | 他们对待你的态度 |
[10:00] | the way they treated the district attorney. | 对待地方检察官的态度 |
[10:03] | I followed that story like a hawk. | 我想个猎鹰密切注意着这件事 |
[10:05] | You said that that man, Walter Paxton, | 你说Walter Paxton |
[10:07] | murdered his wife and he did. | 杀了他的妻子 最后的确被证实了 |
[10:09] | You said that the reporter, P.D. McCall, | 你说那个记者P.D. McCall |
[10:11] | would get killed, and she was. | 会被杀 然后她真的被谋杀了 |
[10:14] | And you found the evidence to put Paxton away, you did. | 你找到了Paxton杀人的证据 把他送进了监狱 |
[10:17] | And then it was as if it never happened. | 但人们却当作什么都没发生过 |
[10:19] | The district attorney was gone, | 地方检察官失踪了 |
[10:22] | and you were treated in the press | 而你就像 |
[10:23] | like some kind of pariah. | 被他们遗弃了 |
[10:25] | Or worse– some kind of nut. | 或者更糟…被他们当作疯子 |
[10:28] | But you were right about everything. | 但你做的一切都是对的 |
[10:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:38] | Oh, there’s Melissa. | Melissa来了 |
[10:40] | Have you met my daughter Melissa? | 你见过我女儿Melissa吗? |
[10:41] | No, I don’t believe I have. | 没有 |
[10:43] | Oh, I would love for her to meet you. | 我要把她介绍给你 |
[10:46] | She’s listened to me talk about you | 她听我说了很多 |
[10:48] | for quite a while now. | 关于你的事迹 |
[10:50] | And besides, she’s getting married next month. | 另外她下个月要结婚了 |
[10:52] | Oh, congratulations. | 那可要恭喜你了 |
[10:55] | She is gonna get such a kick out of this. | 因为这个她现在高兴坏了 |
[10:57] | Just let me know if you have any premonitions. | 我想知道你有没有什么预感 |
[10:59] | Oh, what do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[11:01] | Oh, wedding-day disasters, um, | 就是关于结婚那天会碰到什么麻烦 |
[11:04] | how many grandkids I can expect, | 我会有几个外孙 |
[11:05] | that kind of thing. | 这类事的预感 |
[11:06] | Bonnie, I need to let you know it doesn’t really work that way. | Bonnie 我的能力并不是这么回事 |
[11:10] | I’m joking, Allison. | 我开玩笑的 Allison. |
[11:16] | I know she’s here somewhere. | 她应该就在附近 |
[11:17] | Oh, here’s Melissa, | 我找到Melissa了 |
[11:20] | right over there. | 她就坐在那 |
[11:36] | Don’t do this. | 不能这么做 |
[11:37] | Oh, my God, how do I not? | 噢 天哪 为什么不? |
[11:40] | How do you not? | 你怎么可以? |
[11:40] | Al, come on! You’re talking about something that, | Al 拜托 你说的那些事 |
[11:42] | if it happens at all, probably won’t happen for years. | 有可能马上发生也有可能几年后才发生 |
[11:47] | I mean, look at her. She’s fine now. | 你看她现在过得很好 |
[11:49] | JOE: She’s happy now. | 很开心 |
[11:51] | She’s not in Paris. | 她也不在巴黎 |
[11:51] | She’s nowhere near a corkscrew. | 旁边也没有什么开瓶器 |
[11:53] | Hell, she’s not even married yet. | 她甚至都还没有结婚 |
[11:55] | What’s the harm in just letting her enjoy this party? | 让她好好享受这个派对有什么不好呢? |
[11:59] | Are we in agreement? | 我们达成协议的 对吗? |
[12:01] | Are we in agreement about what? | 什么协议? |
[12:02] | About not saying anything– not tonight. | 今晚不讨论任何这方面的事… |
[12:04] | ‘Cause I really don’t think that’s gonna help my cause. | 因为我不觉得这对我的工作有帮助 |
[12:07] | BONNIE: Allison, | |
[12:09] | you took off so suddenly. Are you okay? | 你刚走的太急 你没事吧? |
[12:12] | Yeah. Uh, no. | 恩 |
[12:14] | I get headaches sometimes. | 我就有时候会头痛 |
[12:17] | Well, if you’d like, | 如果你不介意 |
[12:18] | I’m sure we have some aspirin upstairs. | 可以跟我上楼去吃点阿司匹林 |
[12:20] | Oh, no, no. I’m fine. | 不用了 我没事 |
[12:29] | Bonnie, who… | |
[12:31] | who’s that man with Melissa? | 和Melissa在一起的那男的是谁? |
[12:34] | Oh, that? | 那个阿? |
[12:36] | That’s Steven, Melissa’s fiance. | 是Steven Melissa的未婚夫 |
[12:39] | That’s her fiance? | 那是她的未婚夫? |
[12:43] | This isn’t right, Kent. | 这是不对的 Kent |
[12:46] | Okay, wait, wait. Who’s Kent? | 等等 那Kent又是谁? |
[12:47] | I overheard somebody earlier mention a Kent. | 我之前无意中听到有人提到Kent |
[12:50] | Oh, Kent. God, no. Kent was Melissa’s first husband. | Kent 噢 上帝 他是Melissa的前夫 |
[12:55] | She was married before? | 她以前结过婚? |
[12:57] | Three years. Three horrible years. | 维持了三年 那三年是噩梦 |
[13:02] | They didn’t happen, by any chance, | 他们当时不会碰巧 |
[13:03] | to have honeymooned in Paris? | 在巴黎度蜜月吧? |
[13:07] | That’s very good. | 碰巧就是 |
[13:10] | Isn’t she something? | 没发生什么事吧? |
[13:15] | (chuckles) Come on, admit it. | 承认吧 |
[13:18] | That was the most fun you’ve had with your clothes on | 你已经很久 |
[13:20] | in a very long time. | 没那么开心了 |
[13:22] | Don’t push your luck, buster. | 老兄 你别太得意 |
[13:25] | You don’t fool me, uh-uh. | 你没在开玩笑吧 |
[13:29] | I saw smiles. | 我看到你笑了 |
[13:31] | I saw phone numbers being exchanged | 看到你们交换电话号码 |
[13:34] | and I saw a kiss good-bye. | 还看到你们吻别 |
[13:36] | All right. | 好吧好吧 |
[13:39] | I was just trying to help my deadbeat husband get a job. | 我只是为了帮助 我游手好闲的丈夫找份工作 |
[13:42] | Yeah? Well, all right. | 是吗? |
[13:43] | Methinks she doth protest too much. | 可在我看来她是在抗议 |
[13:46] | Okay, I admit it. | 好吧 我承认 |
[13:49] | I liked her. | 我喜欢她 |
[13:51] | She wasn’t what I expected. | 她和我想的不一样 |
[13:52] | She was smart and she was nice and she liked me. | 她很聪明 很友好 她也很喜欢我 |
[13:57] | Bingo. | 看吧! 我就知道 |
[13:59] | Isn’t that every one | 并不是每个人都可以 |
[14:00] | of your minimum requirements for friendship? | 那么简单就成为你朋友的 不是吗? |
[14:03] | Yeah, I’m pretty easy, aren’t I? | 是 但我是个很简单的人 不是吗? |
[14:04] | I liked the husband, too. | 我喜欢我的丈夫 |
[14:06] | In fact, I even like the daughter. | 我还喜欢我的女儿 |
[14:09] | I know. She seemed rather pleasant | 我知道 她看起来很高兴 |
[14:11] | for somebody given to impaling her exes. | 因为有人喜欢刺她的前任丈夫 |
[14:17] | Whatever she was going through, whatever drove her to do that | 不管她经历过什么 也不管她为什么 |
[14:20] | to her first husband, | 要那样对她的前夫 |
[14:22] | it seemed like she put it all behind her. | 看起来她都已经把它们给忘了 |
[14:25] | It seemed like it was ancient history. | 就好像那只是一个很古老的故事 |
[14:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:31] | For what? | 谢我什么? |
[14:33] | For going. | 谢谢你能去派对 |
[14:36] | Peter took me aside and he said that he wants | Peter打算明天 |
[14:38] | to have a second interview with me tomorrow. | 再和我见次面 |
[14:40] | You’re kidding! | 你在说笑! |
[14:42] | When were you gonna tell me? | 你之前怎么没说? |
[14:43] | I don’t know. I think I was afraid to say it out loud. | 我不知道 我不敢大声说出来 |
[14:46] | I think I was afraid to jinx it. | 我怕会倒霉 |
[14:49] | I think I want this job very badly. | 我总觉得我对这工作的心态有点问题 |
[14:53] | I think you’re gonna get this job. | 你会得到这份工作的 |
[14:55] | Do you mean you know that I’m gonna get this job? | 你意思是你知道我会得到这份工作? |
[14:59] | I don’t know anything. | 我什么都不知道 |
[15:01] | I just think that there’s nobody who deserves it | 我只是觉得没有人比你更有资格 |
[15:03] | more than you do. | 去胜任这份工作 |
[15:06] | Bingo. You just met every one | 看吧 你符合 |
[15:08] | of my minimum requirements for friendship. | 做我朋友的每一个要求 |
[15:11] | Hmm, cool. | 太好了 |
[15:12] | Hmm. | |
[15:20] | Mm… | |
[15:47] | I didn’t want to hurt you, Kent… | 我不想伤害你的 Kent… |
[15:52] | …but I’m not gonna pretend anymore. | …但我不想再装下去了 |
[15:54] | I’m not gonna keep playing this game with you. | 我不想和你玩下去了 |
[15:58] | This whole thing was a mistake. | 这整件事就是个错误 |
[16:00] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[16:02] | I’m starting to sense that. | 我也开始感觉到了 |
[16:05] | Paris was a bad idea. | 真不该来巴黎的 |
[16:14] | Maybe I should have gone with the cabin– | 也许我应该去那个小屋 |
[16:16] | our secret hideaway– | 我们的秘密之地… |
[16:19] | but I know how much you love that place. | 但我知道你有多爱那地方 |
[16:23] | I’m not mad, Melissa, | 我没有疯 Melissa |
[16:26] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[16:28] | I just want you to put that down | 我只是想让你在伤害自己之前 |
[16:30] | before you hurt yourself, all right? | 把它放下 好吗? |
[16:35] | It’s okay, honey. | 没事了 亲爱的 |
[16:52] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[16:57] | We made it through so much before. | 以前那么多困难我们都熬过去了 |
[17:01] | We’re gonna make it through this, too. | 这次也一定可以的 |
[17:05] | I still love you. | 我仍然爱你 |
[17:08] | Ooh! | 噢! |
[17:11] | You okay? Is everything all right? | 你没事吧? |
[17:12] | Oh, yeah, yeah… | 是的… |
[17:14] | No, no, it’s nothing. | 没什么事 |
[17:18] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[17:19] | Just more ancient history. | 只是梦到了更古老的故事 |
[17:22] | It’s… nothing. | 我没事 |
[17:30] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:31] | Dad, it’s for you! | 爸爸 你的电话! |
[17:35] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:38] | Hi, Peter. | 你好 Peter |
[17:41] | We have three kids. | 我有三个小孩. |
[17:42] | There’s no such thing as too early. | 没有什么早不早的 |
[17:45] | “Family crisis,” that’s all he said? | 家庭危机 他就说了这些? |
[17:47] | That’s it. | 对 |
[17:49] | That and “Is there any way that you and Allison | 还问我们你和Allison现在 |
[17:51] | can come up to the house?” | 可以来我们家吗? |
[17:57] | Oh, Allison, Joe, I can’t thank you enough for coming. | Allison Joe 我不知道该怎么谢谢你们 |
[18:00] | It’s been a rough morning. | 这个早晨真的很糟糕 |
[18:02] | PETER: My daughter and future son-in-law live in Los Angeles. | 我女儿和她的未婚夫住在洛杉矶 |
[18:06] | As it happens, Steven had to fly back | Steven因为和他的客户 |
[18:08] | after the party last night. | 有一个很重要的会议 |
[18:10] | Some kind of a emergency meeting | 派对一结束 |
[18:11] | with one of his clients this morning. | 他就飞回去了 |
[18:12] | Melissa was going to spend a few more nights, | Melissa准备再多住几天 |
[18:14] | finalize all the wedding plans with me, but… | 和我确定下结婚的事项 但是… |
[18:17] | PETER: When we went out | 当我们去客房 |
[18:18] | to the guest house to get Melissa for breakfast, | 叫Melissa吃早饭时 |
[18:20] | the guest house was empty. | 发现客房是空的 |
[18:23] | Her things were gone, so was she. | 人不见了 行李也不见了 |
[18:26] | And I found this message | 我们只收到她的一条短信 |
[18:27] | on my phone: “Mom, I hate to do this to you, | 她说妈妈我不想这样对你 |
[18:29] | “but I need some time to think. | 但我需要点时间考虑 |
[18:31] | “I’m just not sure that I can go through with the wedding. | 我只是不确定我到底想不想结婚 |
[18:33] | “Please, don’t try to find me. | 请不要找我 |
[18:34] | I’ll keep in touch en I can.” | 我会联系你的 |
[18:37] | Does her fiance know? | 他的未婚夫知道了吗? |
[18:39] | I called him right before I called you. | 在打给你们之前我已经打给他了 |
[18:41] | He’s a mess. | 他现在脑子一团乱 |
[18:44] | I called the police. | 我报了警 |
[18:44] | Of course, she’s an adult. | 当然我知道她是成年人 |
[18:46] | She’s allowed to come and go as she pleases. | 她可以随便去哪 |
[18:48] | Allison, I… | |
[18:49] | I don’t mean to put you on the spot, but… | 我并不是想把你推到风口浪尖 但… |
[18:53] | I know from all the articles I’ve read | 我看了所有的新闻 我知道 |
[18:54] | that you’ve helped the police find missing people before. | 你以前帮助过警察寻找失踪人口 |
[18:58] | You dream about them, right? | 你能梦到他们 对吗? |
[19:01] | Yes, but… | 是的 但是… |
[19:02] | I thought if you found her, | 我想如果你找到了她 |
[19:03] | I could talk some sense into her, | 我就可以说服她 |
[19:04] | convince her that she’s making a terrible mistake. | 她正在犯一个很大的错误 |
[19:06] | She’s done this before– | 她以前也这么做过… |
[19:08] | run away when there’s a lot of pressure. | 压力一大她就会出走 |
[19:10] | Bonnie, but what I need you | Bonnie 我想让你知道的是 |
[19:11] | to understand is the impressions I get, the things that I see, | 我不能指望那些我所梦到的东西 |
[19:15] | I can’t count on them to point me toward your daughter | 我不可能因为想寻找你的女儿 |
[19:17] | just because I want them to. | 我晚上就能梦到她 |
[19:19] | Look, uh, true confession time. | 听着 老实说 |
[19:23] | I’m fundamentally a skeptic about these sorts of things. | 我并不相信这类事情 |
[19:27] | I’ve already been on the phone | 我已经雇了 |
[19:28] | with a number of private investigators. | 好几个私家侦探 |
[19:33] | Having said that, | 告诉他们 |
[19:34] | we obviouslyant to make sure | 一定要想方设法 |
[19:36] | we’ve left no stone unturned. | 找到她 |
[19:38] | Allison, I promise you, if you come up empty, | Allison 我保证 |
[19:42] | if you come up dry, I’ll understand. | 如果你没有梦到她 我会理解的 |
[19:43] | I mean, you only just met her last night, | 你昨晚才看到她 |
[19:46] | and briefly at that. | 而且只看了几眼 |
[19:46] | I really do understand. | 我真的可以理解 |
[19:49] | I mean, it’s not like you’ve been dreaming about her. | 我是说你以前也没梦到过 |
[19:51] | (voice breaking): It’s not like she’s on | 你不可能对她 |
[19:53] | your wavelength or anything. | 有很深的印象 |
[19:59] | Well, I guess you’re helping the Barristers. | 我猜你正在帮助Barrister夫妇 |
[20:00] | I mean, what else could I say? | 我是说我还能说什么呢? |
[20:03] | She’s desperate, and so nice. | 她人那么好 可是现在那么绝望 |
[20:07] | I have been dreaming about her daughter. I have. | 而我之前真的梦到过她的女儿 |
[20:10] | And you’re trying to get a job from her husband. | 而你正打算从她丈夫那获得份工作 |
[20:12] | And I just… I… I didn’t feel | 我只是不知道 |
[20:13] | like there was anything else I could say. | 我还能说些什么 |
[20:16] | I mean, it’s true. | 这些梦都是真的 |
[20:18] | All the dreams I’ve had about her | 关于她女儿的 |
[20:19] | have been about her past. | 关于她女儿过去的 |
[20:20] | But still, I mean, what else could I say? | 但是我还能说些什么? |
[20:23] | You said the only thing you could say. | 你就说你能说的 |
[20:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:27] | And, just remember, if we ever hope | 如果你还想 |
[20:28] | to send our three girls to college, | 让你的女儿上大学的话 |
[20:30] | you damn well better find her. | 你最好能找到她 |
[20:36] | Okay. How about this? | 好吧 那这个呢? |
[20:37] | Is it possible that you’ve dreaming about Paris | 有没有可能你会梦到巴黎 |
[20:39] | because that’s where Melissa’s run off to? | 是因为Melissa跑去那了? |
[20:41] | That makes no sense. | 这不可能 |
[20:42] | Makes sense to me. Oh, come on. | 我觉得可能. 拜托 |
[20:44] | What woman in her right mind | 哪个正常女人 |
[20:45] | would go to the place where her first marriage fell apart | 会跑去伤心之地 |
[20:48] | to figure out whether or not to get married a second time? | 考虑她是否该再婚? |
[20:51] | Moving on. | 继续 |
[20:53] | What else do you remember from that first dream? | 关于第一个梦你还记得什么? |
[20:56] | Well, she was upset. | 她很伤心. |
[20:57] | She didn’t want to be there– Paris, I mean. | 她不想呆在巴黎 |
[20:59] | That’s it? | 就这样? |
[21:01] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[21:02] | He poured her a glass of wine, | 他给她倒了杯酒 |
[21:04] | she stabbed him through the hand with a corkscrew. | 她拿开瓶器戳了他的手 |
[21:06] | Those are the highlights. | 这才是重点 |
[21:09] | What? | 怎么了? |
[21:10] | That’s all right. | 没什么 |
[21:11] | I didn’t want to work there, anyway. | |
[21:14] | All right, that’s not fair. | 好吧 这不公平 |
[21:15] | It’s not my fault that the dreams I’m having | 这不是我的错 我的梦境 |
[21:17] | have nothing to do with where she is now. | 与她现在的住所无关 |
[21:20] | The second one same as the first? | 两个梦一样? |
[21:22] | Yes. Second one same as the first. | 是的 第二个梦和第一个梦一样 |
[21:25] | Corkscrew through hand. | 开瓶器插入手背 |
[21:27] | Smashed bottle against wall. | 酒瓶在墙上被敲碎 |
[21:29] | Sounds romantic. | 听上去很浪漫 |
[21:30] | She said that Paris had been a mistake. | 她说巴黎之行是个错误 |
[21:32] | He said they should have gone to the cabin. | 他说他们应该去小屋 |
[21:35] | What? | 什么? |
[21:38] | He called it their secret hideaway. | 他把它称作他们的秘密隐避处 |
[21:41] | The cabin. That’s what he called it. | 小屋 他这么说的 |
[21:42] | Did either of them happen to mention where it was? | 他们有谁提过在哪里吗? |
[21:47] | I’m going to call Peter. | 我马上打电话给Peter |
[21:49] | He’s not going to know where it is. | 他不会知道那在哪 |
[21:50] | It’s a secret hideaway. | 那是个秘密隐避处 |
[21:52] | Yeah, well, maybe he can help us find his ex-son-in-law. | 也许他能帮我们找到他的前女婿 |
[21:55] | He’s got to know where it is. | 他 应该 知道在哪 |
[21:56] | It was his secret. | 那是他的秘密 |
[22:02] | I hate these foreground trees. | 我讨厌这些前景树 |
[22:05] | I hated them yesterday, ill hate them today. | 我昨天讨厌它们 今天还这样 |
[22:10] | Mr. Henley? | Henley先生? |
[22:12] | Hi. My name’s Allison Dubois. | 你好 我是 Allison Dubois |
[22:13] | I spoke with your receptionist about an hour ago. | 和在前台于一小时前预约过 |
[22:16] | Oh, right, uh… yeah. Bonnie and Peter’s friend. | 是的… Bonnie和Peter的朋友 |
[22:22] | Have we met before? | 我们以前见过吗? |
[22:25] | Maybe one of their parties? | 也许在他们的聚会上? |
[22:26] | You look awfully familiar. | 你看上去真面熟 |
[22:29] | Mrs. Dubois? | Dubois夫人? |
[22:30] | Oh, sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 我很抱歉 |
[22:32] | Bonnie tried to tell me what exactly it was you did for a living, | Bonnie试图讲明白你以什么为生 |
[22:35] | and I didn’t get it. | 我没有明白 |
[22:37] | This is it. | 就是它 |
[22:38] | This and six other buildings like it. | 它和其它六个相似的建筑 |
[22:41] | We design and create exhibits | 我们为世界各地的博物馆和展览会 |
[22:43] | for museums and exhibitions all over the world. | 设计创造展品 |
[22:46] | That’s very impressive. | 那很不错 |
[22:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:48] | This is one of those days | 这几天在做这个 |
[22:49] | where I feel like an overpaid window dresser. | 我觉得这像个花了过多钱的窗台 |
[22:53] | So thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[22:55] | Now, what can I do for you? | 我能为你做什么? |
[22:57] | Are you shopping for a life-sized, | 你想为自己作一个与实物大小一致的 |
[22:59] | historical diorama of your very own? | 过去景色吗? |
[23:01] | Or is there something else I can help you with today? | 或者是些什么现代工艺? |
[23:05] | Mr. Henley, actually, I was hoping | Henley先生 事实上我是想 |
[23:07] | to talk to you about your ex-wife. | 与你谈谈你的前妻 |
[23:10] | She’s missing. | 她失踪了 |
[23:12] | “Missing” may be overstating it. | “失踪” 也许是夸大了点 |
[23:15] | Uh, she ran away. | 她逃跑了 |
[23:17] | Her parents are very concerned about her. | 她父母很担心她 |
[23:20] | Sounds like my Melissa. | 像是我印象中Melissa的作风 |
[23:22] | So what scared her off this time? | 这次是什么吓跑了她? |
[23:24] | I don’t know how much you know. | 我不知道你知道多少 |
[23:25] | I don’t know how much the two of you have kept in contact. | 我不知道你们之间有多少联络 |
[23:30] | She’s planning on getting married next month. | 她计划下个月结婚 |
[23:36] | Mel and I haven’t spoken in years. | Mel 和我已经多年没有联系 |
[23:39] | I needed to do some healing after our marriage ended. | 婚姻失败后 我需要一点时间治疗 |
[23:42] | And for my own peace of mind | 对我来说 |
[23:44] | I just had to cut off contact for a little while. | 我需要点时间断绝来往 |
[23:48] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[23:48] | I’m sorry– I didn’t mean to stir up any painful memories. | 对不起…我并不想激起 你对痛苦记忆的回忆 |
[23:51] | Just no one else seems to know where she might be. | 只是现在看来 没人知道她的下落 |
[23:54] | So you thought you’d come to the last guy | 于是你跑来找上一任 |
[23:56] | that Melissa ran out on, | Melissa为之逃跑的人 |
[23:57] | and see if he could shed any light. | 来看看他是否助了一臂之力 |
[23:59] | I know the two of you had a cabin. | 我知道你们两有个小屋 |
[24:07] | Now I know where I know you from. | 我知道从哪里认识你了 |
[24:09] | You were in the papers a while back. | 你在之前的一张报纸上出现过 |
[24:10] | You worked with that district attorney, right? | 你为公诉人工作过对吗? |
[24:13] | The one who messed up the serial killer thing? | 那个搞砸了连环杀人案的家伙? |
[24:17] | Well, same old Bonnie. | 老Bonnie也一样 |
[24:19] | Leave it to her to find someone like you | 把找她的任务交到你手上 |
[24:21] | to help her with Melissa. | 帮她找Melissa |
[24:25] | Now what did you say? | 你刚才说什么来着? |
[24:25] | That we had a cabin? | 我们有个小屋? |
[24:27] | No. We didn’t have a cabin. | 不 我们没有小屋 |
[24:28] | There was a cabin that we rented, | 我们租过一个 |
[24:30] | that Melissa really liked. | Melissa非常喜欢它 |
[24:31] | It was on Lake Mead. | 它在Lake Mead |
[24:33] | And I think she liked it so much | 我想她非常喜欢那里 |
[24:34] | because her parents didn’t know about it. | 因为她父母不知道有那么个地方 |
[24:37] | It was kind of our secret hideaway. | 这有点像我们的秘密隐避处 |
[24:40] | Is that where you think she might be? | 你觉得她在那里? |
[24:43] | I’m not sure. | 我不能肯定 |
[24:44] | I’m just trying to help. | 我只是试着帮忙 |
[24:47] | We went there maybe three or four times, | 我们去过那里3 4次 |
[24:48] | but Melissa handled all the arrangements, | 但那是Melissa一手做的安排 |
[24:50] | so I don’t even remember the address. | 所以我甚至连地址都不知道 |
[24:53] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:54] | The owner’s first name was Chuck, I think. | 主人名叫Chuck 我想 |
[25:00] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:02] | I know Peter and Bonnie are probably beside themselves. | 我知道Peter和Bonnie 很可能非常激动 |
[25:07] | But she’ll turn up. | 但她会出现的 |
[25:09] | She always does. | 她经常这样 |
[25:13] | Say hi to them for me, will you? | 替我向他们问好怎样? |
[25:16] | Yeah. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[25:18] | JOE: Yeah, Lake Mead. | 是的 Lake Mead |
[25:21] | Well, we hope it helps. | 我们希望这能帮上忙 |
[25:24] | Okay, I’m looking forward to it. | 期待你的好消息 |
[25:27] | Bye. | 再见 |
[25:29] | I take it no one has heard from Melissa yet? | 这么说 还没有Melissa的消息t? |
[25:31] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[25:35] | They’re going to call the Lake Mead Tourist Board | 早晨起来第一件事 |
[25:37] | first thing in the morning. | 他们会打电话给Lake Mead的旅行社 |
[25:38] | See if they know of any locals named Chuck | 打听有没有人认识 一个叫作Chuck的当地人 |
[25:40] | who have cabins for rent. | 那个租给他们屋子的屋主 |
[25:45] | It would be completely wrong | 这很可能是个错误 |
[25:46] | during ts periodcrisis | 在这段灾难中 |
[25:47] | to wonder when… | 想什么时候… |
[25:49] | and if he’s ever going to offer you that job, | 他是否会给你工作 |
[25:51] | wouldn’t it? Yes. | 不是吗? 是的 |
[25:53] | It would be completely wrong. | 这可能完全错误 |
[25:56] | But I can’t help but wonder either. | 但我也无能为力 只能担心 |
[26:30] | Is there some particular reason | 你有什么特殊理由 |
[26:31] | you don’t want to take this to the Barristers? | 阻止我把这事告诉Barristers? |
[26:33] | Allison, this is not an easy call to make. | Allison 这个电话不能随便打 |
[26:36] | “Hey, sorry to wake you up | “很抱歉在半夜 |
[26:37] | “in the middle of the night, Peter, | “把你吵醒Peter |
[26:38] | “but my wife thinks your daughter | “我妻认为你的女儿 |
[26:40] | is in the clutches of some maniac.” | 被疯子抓住了” |
[26:42] | You don’t get to pick and choose | 这没得选择 |
[26:43] | Hey… which dreams you want to believe in. | 你想相信哪个梦 |
[26:46] | Listen, I’m not asking to pick and choose. | 听着 我不是要求选择 |
[26:48] | I’m just saying that | 我只是想说 |
[26:48] | if we’re going to deliver this horrific news, | 如果我们把这个恶耗告诉他们 |
[26:50] | can we at least serve it up with a side order of hope? | 是不是能帮上那么一点点忙? |
[26:54] | Just tell me that you saw the, | 只要告诉我你看到了 |
[26:56] | the make and model of the car | 车的标志和型号 |
[26:57] | or the license plate. | 或者车牌号 |
[26:59] | That you have some clue as to where all this happened. | 所有可以提示这件事发生地点的线索 |
[27:04] | This was just supposed to be so simple. | 谁都希望这件事很简单 |
[27:06] | Dream the dream. | 做梦 |
[27:07] | Find the girl. | 找到那个女孩 |
[27:08] | Get the job. | 得到工作 |
[27:13] | Do we have to wake them up in the middle of the night? | 我们必须得在半夜把他们叫醒吗? |
[27:16] | Do you think it’ll hold till morning? | 你不认为明天早晨告诉他们会比较好吗? |
[27:19] | It’s like you said… | 像你说的… |
[27:21] | I don’t have any clues, just bad news. | 我没有任何线索 只有坏消息 |
[27:24] | Yeah, I think it’ll hold till morning. | 好吧 我想还是明天早晨再说 |
[27:28] | The trunk of someone’s car? | 一辆车的后备箱? |
[27:31] | Allison, um… | |
[27:33] | our daughter left us a message. | 你们女儿给我们留了字条 |
[27:35] | She needed time to think. | 她需要时间考虑 |
[27:37] | She wasn’t abducted. | 她没有被绑架 |
[27:38] | She wasn’t kidnapped. | 她没有被绑架 |
[27:39] | Yes, we asked you to help us find her | 我们是要求你找她 |
[27:41] | but, uh… | 但… |
[27:44] | I don’t think what you’re saying makes much sense. | 我觉得你说的话没有多少意义 |
[27:47] | I know how strange this sounds. | 我知道这个听来很怪 |
[27:50] | The dream was very clear. | 但这个梦很清晰 |
[27:52] | Your daughter is in danger. | 你的女儿有危险 |
[27:55] | I think you need to call the police. | 我觉得你们应该报警 |
[27:57] | I think you need to file a missing persons report. | 贴寻人启事 |
[28:00] | I think you need to launch a search for her. | 需要展开对她的调查 |
[28:02] | We launch this search on the basis of nothing other | 我们就仅仅因为这位女士的梦 |
[28:05] | than this woman’s dreams and it turns out she’s fine? | 而展开调查 最后她确安然无恙? |
[28:07] | Turns out she’s doing exactly | 最后表明 |
[28:08] | what she said she was going to do? | 她正像自己所说的在做的事? |
[28:10] | Thinking? | 思考? |
[28:11] | She’s going to be furious with us. | 她会让我们发狂 |
[28:13] | Peter, this woman is trying to help us. | Peter 这位女士正试图帮我们 |
[28:14] | She’s trying to warn us. | 她试着警告我们 |
[28:15] | She was right about Lake Mead. | 她对Lake Mead的事是正确的 |
[28:17] | I was? | 是吗? |
[28:18] | Partially. | 部分正确 |
[28:20] | We called there first thing this morning. | 我们一早第一件事就是打这个电话 |
[28:21] | There is a cabin owner named Chuck. | 是有个小屋主人叫Chuck |
[28:25] | I don’t remember his last name. | 我不记得他的姓了 |
[28:27] | He knew exactly who Melissa was. | 有确实记得Melissa |
[28:29] | He rented a place to her several times before. | 他之前租过几次小屋给她 |
[28:31] | But he hasn’t heard from her in years. | 但他已经几年没有她的消息了 |
[28:33] | And she certainly isn’t up there now. | 她当然现在也不可能在那里 |
[28:36] | Fine, Peter. You win. | 好吧Peter 你赢了 |
[28:37] | She’s only half right. Look, | 她只对了一半 看 |
[28:39] | all I’m saying is we have three different private investigators | 我们请了3个私人调查员 |
[28:41] | out there looking for her. | 来找她的下落 |
[28:44] | Why don’t we take a step back. | 为什么我们不退一步呢 |
[28:45] | You take a step back. | 你退一步 |
[28:46] | Someone I trust is telling me | 我相信的人现在告诉我 |
[28:47] | my daughter is being held against her will. | 我们的女儿被强行绑架了 |
[28:50] | I know what I have to do. | 我知道我该做什么 |
[28:51] | I’m calling the police. | 我去报警 |
[29:00] | PETER: She’s changed a lot | 自那次后 |
[29:01] | since that time but… | 她已经变了很多… |
[29:04] | Peter does not look happy. | Peter看来不高兴 |
[29:06] | What other choice do we have, Joe? | 我们还有什么选择Joe? |
[29:08] | Well, how seriously are the police going to take all this | 听到你介入这件案子 |
[29:11] | once they hear that you’re involved? | 警察们会多么严肃对待? |
[29:13] | No one’s going to mention me. | 没有人会提到我 |
[29:16] | Oh, excuse me. | 对不起 |
[29:23] | Steven, hi. | Steven 嗨 |
[29:24] | Uh, come in. | 请进 |
[29:25] | Come, come in. | 进 请进 |
[29:26] | My plane got in a little early. | 我刚下飞机 |
[29:28] | My favorite son-in-law to be. | 我亲爱的准女婿 |
[29:30] | I’m glad you’re here. | 很高兴你能来 |
[29:33] | What… | 什么… |
[29:33] | What is all this? | 这里在干吗? |
[29:35] | Steven… | |
[29:37] | I can’t give you specifics just now, | 现在不能和你详谈 |
[29:39] | but suffice it to say that we have reason to believe | 但我们有充分理由相信 |
[29:41] | that someone may be holding Melissa somewhere | 有人把Melissa囚在某处 |
[29:44] | against her will. | 强行的 |
[29:46] | You’re kidding me, right? | 你们是在和我开玩笑吧? |
[29:47] | But that’s not possible. | 那不可能 |
[29:48] | I don’t want to believe it either… | 我也不想相信… |
[29:50] | No. You don’t understand. | 不 你们不明白 |
[29:51] | It’s actually not possible. | 这一点也不可能 |
[29:53] | She just left me a message an hour ago. | 她一个小时前给我留了言 |
[29:57] | (on voicemail): Hey. It’s me. | 嘿 是我 |
[29:59] | I know I’m being a coward, leaving a message, but… | 我知道这么留短信很懦弱… |
[30:03] | I just didn’t think I could handle talking to you. | 我只是觉得 无法面对面和你交谈 |
[30:04] | Not yet. | 现在还不行 |
[30:06] | I’m not going to tell you where I am, | 我不会告诉你我在哪里 |
[30:07] | but I wanted you to know that I was safe. | 但我想让你知道 我很安全 |
[30:10] | That I’m thinking about you. | 我在想你 |
[30:12] | About us. | 想我们 |
[30:14] | I just need little more time to figure it all out. | 我只是需要多点时间 把这一切想清楚 |
[30:17] | When I do, I’ll be in touch. | 想通后 我会和你联络 |
[30:19] | I promise. BONNIE: Oh… | 我保证 |
[30:21] | I turned my phone back on when the plane landed, | 飞机着陆后 我开了手机 |
[30:23] | there it was. | 就收到了这条留言 |
[30:24] | She knew I was flying back from L.A. today. | 她知道我今天回落杉矶 |
[30:26] | I figured she did it on purpose. | 我想她是故意这么做的 |
[30:28] | Called my cell when she knew it’d be off, | 知道我关机的时候打我手机 |
[30:29] | so she could avoid speaking to me. | 这样就可以避开和我讲话了 |
[30:31] | Oh, thank God she’s okay. | 感谢上帝 她没事 |
[30:33] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[30:37] | I’d, uh… | 我得… |
[30:38] | I’d better explain to the detectives | 我最好向警察解释一下 |
[30:40] | why we won’t be needing their assistance after all. | 为什么我们不再需要他们的帮助 |
[30:45] | As for the two of you, | 至于你们两位 |
[30:47] | I suggest you slip out of here quietly, | 我建议你们马上安静地走出去 |
[30:49] | before I ask these police officers to find something | 在我让警官找到证据 |
[30:51] | to charge you with. | 起诉你们之前 |
[31:02] | Hey. | |
[31:03] | ??? | |
[31:06] | Kids down? | 孩子睡了? |
[31:08] | Yep. | 是 |
[31:09] | And out. | 而且睡熟了 |
[31:11] | All except Ariel. | 除了Ariel |
[31:13] | What you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[31:21] | What you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[31:22] | I’m looking for a job. | 在找工作 |
[31:25] | How’s it going? | 如何? |
[31:27] | Well, that depends. | 得看情况 |
[31:29] | How you feel about Oregon? | 你觉得Oregon怎么样? |
[31:37] | I’m so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[31:40] | I know how badly you wanted that job. | 我知道你很想要那么工作 |
[31:45] | I know how badly we needed that job. | 也知道我们很需要这份工作 |
[31:50] | I just… | 我只是… |
[31:54] | (sighs): I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:03] | (sighs): Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:05] | Guess I’ll go to bed. | 我要去睡觉了 |
[32:10] | Co here. | 来这里 |
[32:24] | REPORTER: A federal jury in Chicago found reputed Mob boss | 芝加哥的一个联帮陪审团 发现有名有Mob boss |
[32:26] | Joseph Binale Nardiello | |
[32:28] | guilty on all charges today | 在联帮法院长达五个月的审判后 |
[32:30] | after a five-month trial in federal court. | 被判所有指控罪名成立 |
[32:33] | A racketeering conspiracy charge included in the indictment | 控告中的一项诈骗阴谋指控 |
[32:36] | carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in federal prison. | 意味着最久长达20年的联邦监狱生涯 |
[32:40] | Sentencing will be set on February 28. | 2月28日执行 |
[32:43] | You ? | 看到没有? |
[32:44] | See? Someone had a day worse than ours. | 有人的日子比我们的还不好过 |
[33:00] | (on TV): And… | |
[33:01] | (remote clicks): Morning paper! Read all about… | 晨报!到处都是关于… |
[33:04] | (remote clicks): Big news out of Chicago today | 今日芝加哥重要新闻 |
[33:06] | as Joseph Binale Nardiello was found guilty | 对Joseph Binale Nardiello 经过五个月的审判后 |
[33:09] | on all charges, after a five-month trial. | 被判有罪 所有指控成立 |
[33:16] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[33:18] | Everything all right? | 没什么事? |
[33:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:22] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[33:25] | You remember when I told you | 还记得我告诉过你 |
[33:26] | that Melissa would never have gone back to Paris | Melissa不可能回巴黎 |
[33:30] | to figure out whether or not she wanted to marry Steven? | 去想明白她到底要不要嫁给Steven? |
[33:35] | I think I must have been wrong. | 我想我一定是弄错了 |
[33:40] | Oh, Mr. Henley. | Henley先生 |
[33:42] | Ah, thank goodness. | 谢天谢地 |
[33:43] | I was afraid I might’ve missed you. | 我怕遇不着你了 |
[33:45] | You have so many buildings here, | 你有那么多建筑在这 |
[33:46] | I wasn’t sure this was the right one. | 我不能肯定是不是找对地方了 |
[33:49] | Mrs. Dubois, did you call? | Dubois夫人 你预约过吗? |
[33:51] | Was somebody in my organization | 我公司的职员是不是应该 |
[33:52] | supposed to let me know that you wanted to see me? | 告诉我你想见我? |
[33:54] | No, it all happened spontaneously. | 不 我一冲动就来了 |
[33:58] | You said that you had read about me. | 你说过 你看到过我的报道 |
[34:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:02] | I had a dream last night… | 我昨晚做了个梦… |
[34:03] | a dream about Melissa, about where she may be. | 关于Melissa的梦 可能显示了她的所在 |
[34:07] | I know this sounds crazy, | 我知道这听起来很疯狂 |
[34:11] | but I think that she may be in Paris. | 但我认为 她也许在巴黎 |
[34:13] | I think she may be in the hotel | 她也许你们渡蜜月时 |
[34:14] | that the two of you honeymooned in. | 住的洒店 |
[34:17] | What?! | 什么?! |
[34:18] | It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me either, | 这对我来说也没有太大意义 |
[34:19] | but there you go. | 但你去过 |
[34:21] | Anyway, I spent most of my day | 总之 我花了大半天时间 |
[34:22] | trying to figure out which hotel in Paris. | 去弄明白是巴黎的哪家酒店 |
[34:25] | And it’s a long story, | 说来话长 |
[34:26] | but I can’t really ask Bonnie and Peter. | 我不能去问Bonnie和Peter |
[34:29] | And then I realized… | 之后意识到… |
[34:31] | I could ask you. | 可以来问你 |
[34:33] | I know it sounds crazy. | 我知道这听来很怪 |
[34:36] | Let me get this straight– | 让我弄明白… |
[34:37] | you… you saw Melissa… | 你… 你见到Melissa… |
[34:39] | in the same hotel that she and I honeymooned in… | 在我和她渡蜜月的房间里… |
[34:44] | in a dream? | 在梦里? |
[34:48] | Okay, um… | 好吧… |
[34:50] | Residence de Bastille. | |
[34:51] | ??? | |
[34:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:54] | But I’m afraid you’re not gonna find her there. | 不过 恐怕你不可能在那找到她 |
[34:56] | Why do you say that? | 为什么这么说? |
[34:56] | It was torn down in 2003. | 它在2003年被拆了 |
[34:59] | No, are you sure? | 不 你肯定? |
[35:01] | Positive. I tried to book a room there last year. | 很肯定 我去年还想在那里定个房间 |
[35:04] | Look… | 看… |
[35:06] | I don’t mean to tell you your business, but… | 我不是有意来评价你的事… |
[35:08] | it sounds to me like… | 对我来说… |
[35:11] | your dream was just a dream. | 你的梦仅仅是梦 |
[35:28] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[35:30] | Yes. I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[35:35] | I’m sorry I wasted your time. | 很抱歉浪费了你时间 |
[35:43] | WOMAN: Phoenix Police Department, may I help you? | 凤城警署 有何为你效劳? |
[35:52] | (hushed): What are you doing here? | 你在这干吗? |
[35:54] | Do you have any idea how much trouble | 你知道被人看见的话 |
[35:55] | I’ll be in if anybody saw you? | 会给我带来多少麻烦吗? |
[35:57] | What if Van Dyke walked in? | 如果 Van Dyke进来又怎么办? |
[36:01] | Wait a second. I’m confused. | 等等 我有点迷惑 |
[36:04] | How could anything you’ve seen | 你看到的事情怎么可能 |
[36:05] | possibly have happened in the present, | 发生在现在 |
[36:08] | in Paris, no less, | 那么肯定在巴黎 |
[36:09] | if that hotel room doesn’t exist anymore? | 而那家酒店已经不存在了? |
[36:11] | I think he built it. | 我想他建了一个 |
[36:13] | The hotel room– I think he built it. | 酒店房间…我想是他造了一个 |
[36:14] | He recreated it down to the titiniest detail. | 他重塑了每一个细节 |
[36:18] | I think he even duplicated the view. | 我想 他甚至复制了整个景色 |
[36:20] | You’re serious? | 你是说真的? |
[36:22] | Look, I know how it sounds. | 我知道它听来不可思异 |
[36:23] | I tossed and turned about this all last night. | 我昨晚翻来覆去地想 |
[36:25] | But this is what this guy does. | 这个家伙就是这么做的 |
[36:27] | He builds dioramas. | 他做立体模型 |
[36:29] | He builds environments. | 造景 |
[36:31] | So you’re saying you think that Melissa Barrister | 这么说 你是指Melissa Barrister |
[36:33] | is being held captive in some fake Paris hotel room | 困在他工厂里建造的一个 |
[36:36] | that this guy built over there at his business? | 假的巴黎酒店房间里 |
[36:39] | But why? | 但是 为什么? |
[36:41] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:44] | She’s about to marry again. | 她又快结婚了 |
[36:45] | Maybe the idea of losing her forever… | 也许是将永远失去她的念头… |
[36:49] | I think he thought he could win her back. | 我想他想把她赢回来 |
[36:51] | All right, look, even if I could | 好吧 即使我能 |
[36:53] | wrap my mind around the idea of this lovesick guy | 明白那个得相思病的小伙子 |
[36:55] | building an elaborate stage set | 建造一个精心制造的场景 |
[36:57] | to woo his ex-wife… | 来追求他的前妻… |
[37:01] | …there’s no way I can get a warrant | …我还是不能因为一个梦 |
[37:03] | to search that complex on the basis of a dream. | 取得搜索工厂的授权 |
[37:06] | It’s not gonna happen. | 那不可能 |
[37:07] | I know that. | 我明白 |
[37:09] | I’m just worried. | 我只是担心 |
[37:11] | He knows who I am. | 他知道我是谁 |
[37:12] | He knows I’m looking. | 知道我在找 |
[37:13] | He knows I know about that hotel room. | 他知道我知道那个酒店房间 |
[37:15] | I think I may have rattled his cage. | 我想已经打草惊蛇了 |
[37:18] | I am concerned about what he may do to her. | 我担心他会对她做些什么 |
[37:20] | No, no, no, I hear that. | 不不不 我听到了 |
[37:22] | But I still can’t legally go in there. | 但我还不能 合法 进入 |
[37:27] | I mean, it’s not like somebody called in a fire alarm | 我是说 这并不像有人报火警 |
[37:30] | or a chemical spill or a bomb threat. | 或者是化学物渗漏和炸弹威胁 |
[37:34] | What are you saying? | 你说什么? |
[37:35] | I mean, I’m going to be in that area around 10:30 this morning. | 我是说 我会在今天早上10:30左右到那 |
[37:39] | About an hour and fifteen from now. | 也就是一小时十五分钟过后 |
[37:42] | And you know, if somebody did call in, | 你知道 如果确实有人打了电话 |
[37:43] | like a fire or a bomb threat, something like that, | 比如火灾或是炸弹威胁 |
[37:46] | then being in the area, I’d actually be legally obliged | 在那个地区 我就可以合法取得授权 |
[37:50] | to assist the emergency crews– | 协助紧急小组… |
[37:53] | walk through every building, each and every room | 走进每一幛建筑 搜查每一个房间 |
[37:55] | in that complex to make sure that everyone was evacuated. | 以确保那个工厂所有人都撤离了 |
[38:00] | But failing that… | 如果失败的话… |
[38:02] | Oh… | |
[38:04] | In any case, I’m sorry I couldn’t have been more help. | 总之 我很抱歉 不能提供更多的帮助了 |
[38:12] | Somebody please let me out of here! | 有谁能放我出去! |
[38:16] | Please let me out! | 让我出去! |
[38:20] | Please! | 求求你了! |
[38:39] | Somebody, please! | 有人吗 求你了! |
[38:44] | Somebody… (door opening) | 有人吗… |
[38:57] | NEWSCASTER: Melissa Barrister was released | |
[38:59] | from Casa Valley Memorial Hospital this morning | 今晨从Casa Valley 纪念馆解救 |
[39:01] | where she was held for 24-hour observation after spending | 至此 她已经被囚24小时 |
[39:04] | four nights a captive of her ex-husband, Kent Henley. | 做了她前夫 Kent Henley4天的俘虏 |
[39:08] | Mr. Henley, who abducted his former wife at gunpoint, | Henley先生用枪威胁绑架了她 |
[39:11] | went to great lengths to give her family | 竭尽全力 |
[39:13] | the impression that she had run away, | 制造她逃跑的假相 |
[39:15] | even going so far as to force Ms. Barrister to leave a message | 甚至强迫她未婚夫给Barrister |
[39:18] | on her fiance’s cell phone that indicated she was | 留言 以表明她 |
[39:21] | safe and would come home soon. | 很安全 会马上回家 |
[39:23] | In other news… | 其它新闻… |
[39:24] | BRIDGETTE: This is so not fair. | 这不公平 |
[39:25] | They didn’t even mention how Mommy helped. | 他们都没提到妈妈帮过忙 |
[39:28] | Here, hon. | |
[39:29] | Well, it’s okay, honey. | 这没关系 亲爱的 |
[39:31] | Mommy’s had more than enough attention the last few months. | 过去的几个月里 妈妈受到的关注太多了 |
[39:34] | Mr. Barrister knows, though, right? | Barrister先生知道 不是吗? |
[39:37] | Now he’ll give you the job? | 他给你那份工作了吗? |
[39:39] | Uh, well, he would give Daddy the job, | 除非他不再是公司老板 |
[39:41] | except he doesn’t own the company anymore. | 才可能给我那份工作 |
[39:44] | He called us last night to let us know | 他昨晚打电话过来通知我们 |
[39:45] | that he was selling it. | 他正打算卖掉它 |
[39:48] | He wanted to stay home with his daughter, | 他想在想陪她女儿 |
[39:50] | help her get better after everything she’d been through. | 她经历了那么多事情 想让她好过一些 |
[39:53] | Okay, but doesn’t the new owner | 好 那新老板 |
[39:55] | still need an engineer? | 需要工程师吗? |
[39:58] | Uh… I’m pretty sure that Aerodytech | …我非常肯定Aerodytech |
[40:00] | has all the engineers they can handle. | 已经有足够多工程师了 |
[40:03] | Aerodytech? | |
[40:05] | Your old company is the new owner? | 你以前的公司是新主? |
[40:07] | Mm-hmm. | |
[40:08] | That’s so not fair. | 那不公平 |
[40:12] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[40:13] | Still looking for a job. | 仍然在找工作 |
[40:15] | Any luck? | 运气怎么样? |
[40:16] | Um, that depends. | 那得看情况了 |
[40:19] | How do you feel about Oregon? | 你觉得Oregon怎么样? |
[40:20] | You mean building it or actually living there? | 你是指建造它还是住在里面? |
[40:24] | Come here. | 到这来 |
[40:31] | ??? | 爸爸妈妈 |
[40:32] | ?? | 不要 |
[40:34] | ??? | 请不要这样 |
[40:35] | ?? | 停下停下 |