时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | oh, my god… | 天哪 |
[00:07] | this is good. | 太好吃了 |
[00:14] | I mean… really good. | 真的好好吃 |
[00:17] | It’s delicious. | 美味啊 |
[00:19] | What did you say this was again? | 你刚说这是什么? |
[00:22] | I didn’t, actually. | 我可没说过 |
[00:24] | It’s just an old recipe. | 这是老菜式了 |
[00:26] | I’m sorry, I… | 对不起… |
[00:28] | haven’t seen you in… | 我很久没见你了… |
[00:30] | well, gosh, it seems like forever. | 就像永远那么久 |
[00:32] | All I can talk about is the food. | 我能聊的只有食物 |
[00:35] | How have you been? | 你过得怎么样? |
[00:36] | Well. Very well, as a matter of fact. | 不错 事实上很好 |
[00:41] | And what about you? | 你呢? |
[00:42] | I see you went and got yourself inked up. | 我看到你给自己弄了个纹身 |
[00:46] | Oh… (quiet laugh) yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:50] | Me and the boys had a little bit too much to drink one night. | 有天晚上我和一群朋友喝多了 |
[00:53] | When I woke up, I had this tattoo. | 酒醒之后就发现自己多了个纹身 |
[01:02] | I’m sorry. I really hate to nag, but, uh, | 我很抱歉 我不喜欢重复发问 |
[01:07] | this is the best thing I’ve ever tasted. | 但这是我有史以来吃到过最可口的菜 |
[01:10] | Please, you have to tell me what it is. | 拜托 你就告诉我这是什么吧 |
[01:12] | Sometimes it’s better not to know. | 有时候还是别知道的比较好 |
[01:15] | Come on, what is it? Filet? Tenderloin? | 快说吧 这是什么? 里脊肉? 嫩腰肉? |
[01:18] | You’re sure you want me to tell you? | 你真的想知道? |
[01:20] | Oh, I’m sure. | 对 |
[01:22] | Okay. But I’m surprised you haven’t figured it out yet. | 好吧 但我很惊讶那么好吃的肉 |
[01:25] | That meat you’re enjoying so much? | 你竟然没吃出来? |
[01:27] | The secret ingredient… is you. | 这秘密食材就是你 |
[01:33] | we’re eating you. | 我们在吃你 |
[01:36] | Your right leg, to be exact. | 准确点是你的右腿 |
[01:39] | Look for yourself. You’ll see. | 看看你自己就会明白了 |
[02:48] | Well, there was definitely nothing literal about my dream. | 其实我那梦没实质内容 |
[02:52] | But the guy in it, he, he was young. | 但梦里的那个小伙子很年轻 |
[02:53] | He was like 20, 21, uh… | 大约20 21岁 |
[02:57] | oh, he had dark, shaggy hair. | 头发黑黑的 很蓬松 |
[03:00] | Oh, he also had a, uh, a tattoo on his arm. | 他手上还有个纹身 |
[03:03] | It was like an eight ball with fire all around it. | 图案像是着了火的8号黑球 |
[03:07] | I don’t know what to tell you, allison. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[03:08] | No one matching that description has been reported missing. | 你的描述和失踪人口或者不明死者 |
[03:10] | Or turned up dead. | 都不吻合 |
[03:12] | lee, can you hold on a second? | 你能等会吗? |
[03:14] | I’m getting another call. Sorry. | 不好意思 我接个电话 |
[03:18] | Hello? | 喂? |
[03:19] | Hello. Is this allison dubois? | 喂 是Allison Duboism吗? |
[03:22] | Yes? | 是我? |
[03:22] | This is mrs. Desai from the ubient credit corporation. | 我是Ubient信用公司的Desai女士 |
[03:26] | I’m calling to inform you that your accois more than 90 days past due. | 我是来通知你你的账户已经过期90多天了 |
[03:30] | Well, I appreciate your heads up, mrs. Desai. | 谢谢你的提醒 Desai女士 |
[03:33] | But you know what? We already know that. | 但我们已经听够了 |
[03:35] | Someone from your company has been nice enough | 你们公司的员工真是敬业 |
[03:37] | to call us every single day to remind us. | 每天打电话来提醒我们 |
[03:41] | Now, if you can’t arrange to make the minimum payment soon, | 如果你再不支付最低还款 |
[03:44] | I’m afraid your credit cards are going to be frozen. | 恐怕我们要冻结你的账户了 |
[03:47] | Yeah, you know what? We know that, too. | 这我也听够了 |
[03:50] | we want to pay you. We really do. | 我们也想付钱 真的 |
[03:53] | And we will, as soon as we can. | 我们会尽快支付还款的 |
[03:55] | I’m sorry, I have to get off now. | 不好意思 我要挂了 |
[03:57] | ‘Cause I have another call. | 我还有电话 |
[04:01] | Lee, sorry about that. | 抱歉 久等了 |
[04:02] | Uh, no problem. I’ll keep an eye out, okay? | 没事 我会帮你留心的 |
[04:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:07] | So, you’re fairly confident | 你那么确定 |
[04:08] | that cassandra baldwin would make a good juror? | Cassandra Baldwin能胜任陪审员? |
[04:11] | She’s perfect for you. | 她很适合 |
[04:13] | I think thatilhe wl vote to acquit. | 我认为她会投无罪票 |
[04:17] | Sir? | 长官? |
[04:19] | Hm…? | |
[04:21] | I’m sorry, allison. The truth is, | 不好意思 事实上 |
[04:23] | my mind isn’t really on this jury at the moment. | 我现在并不担心陪审团的事 |
[04:28] | actually, there’s something else | 我有另一件事 |
[04:30] | I would like to discuss with you. | 想和你商量 |
[04:35] | I had dinner last night with an old colleague– jed garrity. | 昨晚我和老同事Jed Garrity吃饭 |
[04:37] | He was a judge when I was a junior prosecutor. | 我做低级公诉人那会他是个法官 |
[04:39] | He’s served as a state senator for… | 他担任州议员至今 |
[04:42] | more than a decade now. | 已经10年多了 |
[04:44] | It was quite an interesting evening. | 我们聊锝很愉快 |
[04:46] | Apparently, there’s some dissatisfaction | 我们聊到地区检察官 |
[04:48] | with the way tom van dyke is | Tom Van Dyke的做法 |
[04:49] | handling himself as district attorney. | 不太受到赞同 |
[04:51] | Imagine that. | 你想想 |
[04:54] | Van dyke is up for reelection soon. | Van Dyke正面临改选 |
[04:57] | There are some people who are disappointed | 一些人不愿看到 |
[04:59] | that he’s running unopposed. | 他独领风骚 |
[05:01] | Senator garrity among them. | Garrity议员也是其中之一 |
[05:04] | Last night, garrity asked me if I’d be interested | 他问我对参加竞选 |
[05:06] | in throwing my hat into the ring. | 有没有兴趣 |
[05:08] | So what did you say? | 那你怎么回答的? |
[05:09] | Oh, I told him that I was, uh, content | 我说我很满足 |
[05:12] | to languish in a rented office on the edge of downtown. | 在市中心旁一个租来的办公室里退休 |
[05:15] | I also told him that I… | 我还说 |
[05:16] | always imagined spending the autumn of my career | 我以前一直以为我会以查案为业 |
[05:18] | picking up cases on a catch-as-catch-can basis. | 凑合地过完后半辈子 |
[05:21] | What do you think I said? | 你怎么看? |
[05:23] | I imld h I’m excited. | 我告诉他我很兴奋 |
[05:26] | I told him that I miss serving the city of phoenix. | 我想念菲尼克斯城 |
[05:29] | I, uh, that I’d be thrilled to stand for the job. | 我激动地发抖 |
[05:32] | Oh, that’s great news. I’m so happy for you. | 这是个好消息 真为你高兴 |
[05:35] | I have to admit I’m happy for me, too. | 不得不承认 我也很高兴 |
[05:37] | But I’m trying to keep it in check. | 但我不能轻敌 |
[05:38] | This isn’t going to be easy. | 这可不是件容易的事 |
[05:40] | The logistics of getting a campaign up and running | 这么晚才发起竞选活动 |
[05:43] | at this late date– frankly, they’re… daunting. | 坦白说 有点让人心里没底 |
[05:46] | And… (sighs heavily) | 而且… |
[05:48] | the senator’s support is conditional. | 议员支持我是有条件的 |
[05:51] | Before he’s willing to endorse me, | 在他帮助我之前 |
[05:52] | he has concerns that need to be addressed, | 他提到几个要注意的问题 |
[05:54] | and chief among them is you. | 最主要的一个就是你 |
[05:56] | Hey, if it helps you get your job back, | 如果这能帮你回去工作 |
[05:58] | I will happily crawl under a rock until after the election. | 我会离开公众视线直到竞选结束 |
[06:02] | well, I appreciate the offer, | 谢谢你的好意 |
[06:05] | but I don’t think that’s a realistic possibility. | 但我觉得这不可行 |
[06:06] | Reporters are quite good at looking under rocks. | 记者擅长掘地三尺 |
[06:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:10] | Senator garrity would like to meet you. | Garrity议员想见你 |
[06:13] | Tonight, as a matter of fact. | 就在今晚 |
[06:15] | If you’re willing, the three of us could have dinner. | 如果你愿意 我们仨可以吃顿饭 |
[06:17] | The senator could ask you his questions, | 这样议员就能自己问你 |
[06:19] | and, hopefully… | 最好 |
[06:20] | that’ll be that. | 是这样 |
[06:23] | Dad. Yeah? | 爸爸 怎么了? |
[06:24] | I need to call hannah back, | 我要给Hannah回电话 |
[06:25] | and bridgette won’t get off the phone. | 可Bridgette不肯听电话 |
[06:26] | Well, I’m in the middle of something, ariel. | 我正在忙 |
[06:28] | Just be patient. | 你等等 |
[06:30] | Yeah, but she’s been on the phone for, like, ten minutes. | 但她都快打了10分钟了 |
[06:32] | Who’s she talking to? | 她在和谁通话? |
[06:33] | I don’t know– | 我不知道 |
[06:34] | some weird guy– but she won’t say when she’ll be done. | 某个奇怪的家伙 她没说什么时候打完 |
[06:38] | well, just hold on for a couple minutes, okay? | 你就再等一会 行吗? |
[06:40] | I’m sure she’ll be off soon. | 她应该马上就好了 |
[06:41] | Really? You got to call somebody in niagara falls? | 真的吗? 你和尼亚加拉瀑布城的人通过电话? |
[06:44] | How many times? | 通过几次? |
[06:46] | Bridgette, who are you talking to? | Bridgette 你在和谁通话? |
[06:49] | Can you hold on a second, please? | 稍等 |
[06:51] | Mr. Reshmi. | Reshmi先生 |
[06:53] | Have you ever talked to anybody in alaska? | 你和阿拉斯加的人交流过吗? |
[06:56] | Bridgette, who is mr. Reshmi? | Bridgette 谁是Reshmi? |
[06:57] | He’s the credit card man. | 他是信用卡公司的 |
[07:00] | You’re talking to somebody from the credit card company? | 你在和信用卡公司的人聊天? |
[07:03] | Give me the phone. | 把电话给我 |
[07:03] | But we were in the middle of talking. | 可我们正聊在兴头上 |
[07:06] | Mr. Reshmi… | Reshmi先生 |
[07:08] | hi. Yeah, my name is joseph dubois. | 你好 我是Joseph Dubois. |
[07:11] | I wonder if your supervisor would be interested in learning | 我想你上司很乐意听到 |
[07:13] | you’ve spent the last ten minutes | 你和一个9岁的儿童 |
[07:14] | chatting with a nine year old. | 聊了整整10分钟 |
[07:17] | That’s right, nine. | 对 是9岁 |
[07:19] | Well, all right, let me be really clear about something, | 我把话说清楚点 |
[07:22] | I don’t want you calling here again. | 我不希望你再打电话过来 |
[07:23] | I don’t want you harassing my family. | 你不要再来骚扰我家 |
[07:26] | And if it continues, then I’m going to call the authorities. | 如果再这样 我就找负责人投诉 |
[07:30] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[07:34] | A hiker’s dog sniffed him out of a shallow grave | 今天早上一个散步者的狗 |
[07:36] | in boyce park this morning. | 在Boyce公园的草丛里发现了他 |
[07:38] | Somebody stabbed him a couple dozen times, | 他被捅了好几下 |
[07:39] | then they dissected him with a chain saw. | 然后被人用链锯分尸 |
[07:43] | The best bet is your friend here died | 你的”朋友” |
[07:44] | somewhere close to midnight. | 大约在半夜遇害 |
[07:49] | That’s the same tattoo from my dream. | 这和我梦里的纹身一模一样 |
[07:52] | Now, what would really be helpful would be | 如果你能详细描述下 |
[07:54] | if you could give me a complete description of this guy. | 梦中小伙 会很有帮助的 |
[07:57] | A little something more than, uh, | 而不是 |
[07:58] | four feet tall, no arms, no legs, no head. | 4尺高 没有四肢 没有脑袋 |
[08:02] | You know, I could probably also give you the description | 我可能还能描述出 |
[08:04] | of the guy who did this to him. | 杀他的那个人 |
[08:05] | What are you talking about? You saw the murder? | 你在说什么? 你看到凶手了? |
[08:07] | You never mentioned that. | 你怎么没和我提起 |
[08:07] | Well, not exactly. It wasn’t realistic. | 我也不确定 我不是在现实中看到他的 |
[08:10] | But there was a man in the dream who was definitely | 但我梦里有人男人 |
[08:11] | interested in his limbs. | 对他的四肢很感兴趣 |
[08:14] | He wanted them… | 他把四肢 |
[08:15] | for food. | 做成食物 |
[08:22] | Hubba, hubba. | 真漂亮 |
[08:24] | A hubba from the hubba. | |
[08:25] | Well, that’s good. | 是不错 |
[08:26] | But it’s not too hubba, right? | 但没好过头 对吗? |
[08:28] | Mm, why do you ask? | 为什么这么问? |
[08:31] | Well, devalos is too polite to say anything, | Devalos顾虑太多 什么都不和我说 |
[08:34] | but I’m getting the feeling that this endorsement hangs | 但我有预感这次的关键 |
[08:36] | on whether or not this garrity guy | 就在于Garrity是否 |
[08:37] | thinks I’m a complete nut job. | 认为我是个十足的疯子 |
[08:40] | I want to look nice… | 我想穿得漂亮点 |
[08:42] | but sane. | 但又不失知性 |
[08:44] | Well, you look very nice. Very sane. | 你看起来才貌双全 |
[08:48] | But I do have to ask: | 但我还是得问 |
[08:49] | Are you sure that you are okay | 你确定你想帮助 |
[08:51] | with devalos campaigning for his old job? | Devalos竞选他的老工作? |
[08:53] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[08:55] | Well, campaigns mean publicity. And publicity means reporters. | 竞选招来公众注意 公众会招来记者 |
[08:59] | Lots and lots of reporters. | 很多很多记者 |
[09:01] | Asking questions, writing things about you. | 他们会采访你 报道你 |
[09:05] | It wasn’t exactly a party the first time around. | 这和过去的社交不同 |
[09:07] | Well, I don’t feel like I have a choice. | 我不认为我还有选择 |
[09:09] | Devalos isn’t asking for my permission to run for office. | Devalos要竞选不需要得到我的同意 |
[09:12] | He’s asking for my help. | 他需要的是我的帮助 |
[09:13] | I know he’s not thrilled of what he’s doing right now. | 我看得出来他不太喜欢现在的工作 |
[09:17] | And I feel partially responsible for that. | 我有部分的责任 |
[09:19] | I’d really like help him get back the one job in the world | 我想帮他重回原来的岗位 |
[09:22] | that makes him truly happy. | 这样他才会真正开心 |
[09:33] | Allison. You look lovely. | Allison 你看起来真美 |
[09:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:37] | Jed… | |
[09:41] | the secret ingredient is you. | 秘密食材就是你 |
[09:44] | Allison dubois, I’d like you to meet senator jed garrity. | Allison Dubois 来见见Jed Garrity议员 |
[09:53] | Hey.Hi. | 你好 你好 |
[09:54] | Are the girls in bed? | 孩子们都睡了? |
[09:55] | Uh, ariel’sdoing homework. | Ariel在做作业 |
[09:57] | Bridgette and marieare asleep. | Bridgette和Marieare已经睡了 |
[09:58] | How’d dinner go?Oh… | 饭吃得如何? |
[10:00] | I passed musterwith the senator. He’s going to endorse devalos. | 我通过了议员的检阅 他决定支持Devalos |
[10:03] | They’re scheduling a pressconference for friday. | 他们打算在周五开新闻发布会 |
[10:06] | Oh, so that’s a win, right? | 很好啊 不是吗? |
[10:07] | Yeah, it’s great. | 真是太好了 |
[10:08] | I even managed to getthrough the meal without accusing garrityof murder. | 我边吃饭边忍着不揭发Garrity的谋杀行为 |
[10:16] | You know, I spentthe whole afternoon with a policesketch artist, | 我一下午都和警方的素描专家呆一起 |
[10:19] | giving hima perfect description of an arizonastate senator. | 给他详细描述亚利桑那州的议员 |
[10:27] | what if they distributethat sketch? | 如果他们公布那画像怎么办? |
[10:31] | who are you calling? Scanlon. | 你要打给谁? |
[10:34] | I got to stop them before they putthat sketch out. | 我得阻止他公布画像 |
[10:36] | Hi, this is detective… (sighing): Ah, it’sgoing to voice mail. | 这里是警探…现在转到语音邮箱 |
[10:39] | Lee. It’s allison. Uh, listen, uh, | Lee 是我 Aallison |
[10:44] | that sketch that I did with your artistthis afternoon? | 今天下午那幅画像 |
[10:47] | Um, do me a favor anddon’t distribute it until I talk to you. | 在我和你见面之前别公开 就当帮帮我 |
[10:51] | Okay, I guess I’ll talkto you in the morning. | 我们明天早上见个面吧 |
[10:57] | your mom’s going to betied up most of the day, | 妈妈今天会很忙 |
[10:59] | so I’ll be picking you upthis afternoon, okay? | 所以下午我来接你 好吗? |
[11:01] | Okay, daddy. | 好的 爸爸 |
[11:02] | All right, kiddo.Give me a kiss. | 好了 宝贝 亲我一下 |
[11:05] | ByE. | 再见 |
[11:08] | Daddy, how can we tellmr. Reshmi that he needsto lock his back door? | 爸爸 我们该怎么提醒Reshmi先生锁上后门? |
[11:12] | Tell who what? | 提醒谁? |
[11:13] | Mr. Reshmi. | Reshmi先生 |
[11:15] | I had a dream that somebody broke into the placewhere he lives. | 我梦到有人闯入了他家 |
[11:18] | Mr. Reshmi? | Reshmi先生? |
[11:21] | What, the credit card guy? | 那个信用卡家伙? |
[11:22] | You had a dreamabout the credit card guy? | 你梦到了他? |
[11:24] | I saw his nameon the apartment door. | 我在公寓门上看到了他名字 |
[11:27] | These robbers, they came in from the sliding doorin the back. | 那些小偷是从后门溜进去的 |
[11:30] | I think they took a ring. | 他们好像偷了枚戒指 |
[11:33] | Uh-huh, okay. Well, look, bridge, | 好吧 听着Bridge |
[11:35] | like you said,it was just a dream. | 就像你说的 这只是个梦 |
[11:37] | And even though you dreamt it,doesn’t necessarily mean | 就算你梦到了 这也不代表 |
[11:39] | that it’s going to happen. | 会变成现实 |
[11:40] | But I don’t thinkit was just a dream. | 但我不认为那只是一个梦 |
[11:43] | I think we need to warn him. | 我们应该提醒他 |
[11:45] | Warn him? Bridge… | 提醒他? Bridge… |
[11:47] | okay, even if it was one of,you know, those dreams… | 即使是那种梦… |
[11:50] | there’s no way of knowingwhether this is something that’s | 但我们也没办法知道 |
[11:52] | going to happen or somethingthat’s already happened. | 是将要发生还是已经发生的 |
[11:54] | But either way, it couldn’t hurtto warn him, could it? | 但告诉他总没错的 不是吗? |
[11:57] | Bridge, I wouldn’t have any ideahow to begin finding this guy. | 但我根本不知道去哪找他 |
[12:00] | I mean, these credit cardcompanies have thousands of employees. | 信用卡公司有几千个雇员 |
[12:03] | Most of the call centersare in india now. | 有些公司还是在印度 |
[12:06] | Well, we could call information. | 我们可以打给问讯处 |
[12:08] | Okay. All right, when I gohome, I’ll, um… | 好吧 我回家以后 我就… |
[12:12] | I’ll call the companyand I’ll, you know, | 我就打给那些公司 |
[12:15] | we’ll try and give mr. Reshmia heads up, okay? | 然后留个提醒给Reshmia先生 好吗? |
[12:17] | Thanks, daddy. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[12:18] | I think mr. Reshmi will bereally glad you called. | Reshmi先生一定会很感谢你的 |
[12:24] | Oh, and daddy, | 还有爸爸 |
[12:25] | make sure he knowsthat it’s the back door, okay? | 别忘了是后门 |
[12:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:32] | Manuel devalos,an instinct for justice. | Manuel Devalos 有着公正的天性 |
[12:36] | The campaign should keep the public focusedon mr. Devalos’ record. | 活动必须让公众将注意力集中到 Devalos的工作记录上 |
[12:39] | Minimize anyquestions about how he achieved it. | 尽量减少他如何取得成功的问题 |
[12:42] | You can help us do that,mrs. Dubois, by being | Dubois女士 你可以通过和媒体交流 |
[12:46] | very clearwhen you talk to the media. | 来帮助他做到这点 |
[12:49] | When the word “psychic” comesup, you should say that | 如果有人提到灵媒 你得说 |
[12:51] | you’ve never been comfortablewith that term. | 你从来不喜欢这个词 |
[12:53] | In fact, you don’tconsider yourself psychic. | 事实上 你不把自己看作是灵媒 |
[12:56] | You’ve always beenhighly intuitive, | 而是靠直觉 |
[12:58] | and you’ve used that “intuition” to solvea number of cases. | 并且利用它解决了很多案子 |
[13:03] | Well, the newspaperswere very definite | 媒体很清楚 |
[13:05] | about what it was I didfor the district attorney. | 我是如何帮组地方检察官的 |
[13:08] | You really thinkwe can get away with pretendingI’m not what I am? | 你们真觉得让我撒谎就可以逃过这一关? |
[13:11] | To be blunt, allison, | 坦白说 Allison |
[13:13] | I don’t believe you arewhat you say you are. | 我并不相信你说的那些事 |
[13:15] | Not exactly. | 不全相信 |
[13:17] | Now, that’s not to saythat I think you’re a fraud… | 我并不是说你是个骗子 |
[13:20] | but if I were to accept everythingI hear about you, | 但如果我相信你所说的一切 |
[13:23] | well, that would make mequestion | 那就会让我对 |
[13:26] | too many of my dearly heldassumptions about the world. | 我现在所持的信念产生怀疑 |
[13:29] | And the last thing we wantto do is make people question theirassumptions. | 而我们要做的是让公众对他们的信念产生怀疑 |
[13:32] | So, we’re tryingto find language | 所以我们尽力 |
[13:35] | that fits what you dointo the way most people think. | 让你的所作所为接近公众所想的 |
[13:41] | People like the word”intuitive.” They’re comfortable with it. | 公众喜欢直觉这个词 直觉让他们安心 |
[13:48] | I’m comfortable with it. | 也让我安心 |
[13:49] | To me, it describessomeone who might use unconventional techniques… | 对我来说 可能是某个人使用了非传统技术 |
[13:53] | in your case, someone who mightmake leaps in logic | 而你的思维也可以解释为是跳过那些 |
[13:56] | that might elude otherinvestigators. | 难倒其他探员的阻碍 |
[13:59] | Occasionally, one of thoseleaps in logic might come to you in a dream. | 这种思维上的跳跃偶尔也会出现在你梦里 |
[14:06] | Is that a pretty fairdescription of what you do? | 你觉得我形容得怎么样? |
[14:08] | Actually, that’san excellent description. | 很贴切的形容 |
[14:09] | And I don’thave a problemwith it, either. | 我也这么觉得 |
[14:12] | That, to me, sounds like someone | 这形容让我觉得我的合作伙伴 |
[14:14] | I would want to haveworking for the good guys. | 是个为好人服务的人 |
[14:21] | Good. | 很好 |
[14:34] | man: I’m surrendering! I’m surrendering! | 我投降! 我投降! |
[14:39] | my name’s jed garrity. | 我叫Jed Garrity. |
[14:40] | I’m a captain in the 101st infantry unit. | 我是第101步兵团的上尉 |
[14:43] | I expect allrights due to me… | 我要行使我应有的权利 |
[14:54] | allison, are you all right? | Allison 你还好吗? |
[14:57] | I’m fine. | 很好 |
[14:58] | Sorry, sir, did you saysomething to me? | 对不起 你刚有和我说话吗? |
[15:00] | Garrity:I did. I said I think we accomplished | 我说我们早上刚完成了 |
[15:02] | a great deal here this morning,don’t you? | 一笔大交易 你说呢? |
[15:06] | Definitely. | 的确是 |
[15:15] | I wanted to thank youfor making me 86 | 我要谢谢你 让我及时撤下 |
[15:17] | those wanted postersdepicting our own | 那86张指控议员Garrity |
[15:18] | senator garrityas a murder suspect. | 是谋杀嫌疑犯的通缉海报 |
[15:21] | We got a dna match for the body. | 我们找到了和尸体吻合的DNA |
[15:24] | I assume this guydoesn’t look familiar. | 我想这人你不会觉得眼熟吧 |
[15:30] | No, he does not. This is the murder victim? | 的确 这就是那个死者? |
[15:34] | Turns outhe’s from corpus christi. | 来自科珀斯克里斯蒂城 |
[15:35] | Name is gordon laroche. | 名字叫Gordon Laroche. |
[15:37] | And seeing as he was 59instead of 20 like | 他都59岁了 而不是 |
[15:39] | the guy you dreamed about,I figured that | 你梦到的那个20岁小伙 |
[15:41] | maybe you were wrongabout everything. | 也许这次你搞错了 |
[15:43] | Well, I guess I was. | 也许是吧 |
[15:45] | This guy laroche must’ve had the same tattoo as theman I dreamt about. | 但这个Laroche和我梦到的人有一样的纹身 |
[15:50] | Well, this is great news. Thank you. | 这是个好消息 谢谢 |
[15:53] | Okay, so I never reached outto mr. Reshmi. | 好吧 我没有联系Reshmi先生 |
[15:57] | Would you have spentthe afternoon dialing india? | 你会花一下午往印度打电话吗? |
[15:59] | No, probably not, but I wouldn’thave told our daughter | 也许不会 但我一开始就不会答应 |
[16:01] | I was going to do itin the first place. | 女儿我会打电话 |
[16:03] | Well, I’m pretty sure this falls underthe category of white lie. | 我觉得这是个善意的谎言 |
[16:07] | As far as she’s concerned,mr. Reshmi is buying a lock for his back door right now. | 她现在一定认为Reshmi先生在买他的后门锁 |
[16:13] | And I’m fine with that. | 我觉得这样不错 |
[16:17] | What? | 怎么了? |
[16:18] | Nothing.You’re proably right. She’ll probably never know. | 没什么 你也许是对的 她可能永远也不会知道 |
[16:21] | Unless, of course, she hasanother dream about him. | 除非她又做了个关于他的梦 |
[16:25] | And if she does and she sees hisapartment’s been broken into, | 并且看到有人破门打劫 |
[16:27] | well, then she’ll be positiveher father lied to her. | 她就会认为她爸爸在说谎 |
[16:31] | I’m not sure that ournine year old is really clear | 我不确定我们9岁的孩子能否 |
[16:33] | on the difference betweena white lie and a regular one. | 区分善意的谎言和恶意的谎言 |
[16:41] | I guess I’m calling india. | 我还是去给印度公司打电话吧 |
[16:58] | looks like the welcome committeegot to you. | 看来是欢迎委员会抓了你 |
[17:01] | You got a name,soldier? | 你叫什么 士兵? |
[17:04] | Jed garrity. | |
[17:07] | I’m a captain. | 我是个上尉 |
[17:14] | Welcome to hell,captain garrity. | 欢迎来到地狱 Garrity上尉 |
[17:17] | I’m from corpus christi. | 我来自科珀斯克里斯蒂城 |
[17:19] | The name’s laroche. | 我叫Laroche |
[17:21] | Gordon laroche. | |
[17:29] | Senator garrityand gordon laroche knew each other. | Garrity议员和Gordon Laroche相互认识 |
[17:33] | They spent four years in aprisoner of war camp together. | 他们一起在战犯集中营呆了4年 |
[17:35] | They even marched side by side in a memorial day paradein 2002. | 他们还在2002年的某个纪念日一起阅兵 |
[17:39] | I can prove it:I found this on the internetthis morning. | 我能证明 这是早上在网上搜到的 |
[17:42] | There isa connectionbetween these two men. | 两人之间有关联 |
[17:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:46] | I found outthey knew each other yesterday. | 我昨晚就发现了 |
[17:49] | Turns out laroche hadquite the gambling problem. | |
[17:52] | Owed moneyto bookies in four states. | 在四个州欠下了赌马钱 |
[17:55] | I looked at his bankstatements yesterday– | 我去查了他的银行账户 |
[17:56] | even when larochewasn’t working, | 即使Laroche没去工作 |
[17:58] | he still had chunks of moneycoming in every so often. | 他定期都会有一大笔钱进账 |
[18:00] | $8,500 here, ten grand there. | 有时候8500 有时候1万块 |
[18:03] | A lot of that money camein the form of personal checks from jed garrity. | 大部分钱都是从Jed Garrity的私人账户汇入的 |
[18:07] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[18:07] | he sent larochea check for 15 grand just last christmas. | 他去年圣诞节就给了Laroche1万5 |
[18:11] | So you thinkingwhat I’m thinking? | 你知道我在想什么吗? |
[18:14] | What’s that? | 想什么? |
[18:15] | Isn’t it obvious? | 这还不明显吗? |
[18:17] | Garrity was making down paymentson laroche’s limbs. | Garrity在花钱买Laroche的四肢 |
[18:19] | It’s kind of an expensivemeal, but, hey, | 这顿饭还真够贵的 |
[18:20] | when you’ve got a ravenousappetite for human flesh, | 不过既然对人肉情有独钟 |
[18:22] | I guess you have to expectto pay through the nose. | 那出大价钱是应该的 |
[18:26] | (Laughs)great, it’s comedy. | 很好笑 |
[18:27] | It’s cop comedy,the best kind. What do you want, allison? | 这是警察笑话 最好笑的那种 那你认为该是如何 Allison? |
[18:30] | It looks to melike every so often senator garrity would | 这太普遍了 就是Garrity议员 |
[18:32] | try to bail his old warbuddy out of trouble. | 时不时救济下他的老战友 |
[18:34] | Should I send a squad carover to his place? | 难道你让我带一队警察跑去他家 |
[18:36] | Charge himwith being a nice guy? | 以”好人好事”的罪名逮捕他? |
[18:37] | You don’t thinkit’s a strange coincidence? | 你不觉得这也太巧合了吗? |
[18:39] | Laroche turns up murderedin garrity’sometown? | Laroche恰巧在Garrity呆的城市被杀? |
[18:43] | Not really. | 也不尽然 |
[18:43] | Especially sincelaroche owed money | 在凤凰城Laroche至少有两个 |
[18:45] | to at least two loan sharksin phoenix. | 高利贷债主 |
[18:48] | Tell you what. | 我告诉你 |
[18:50] | I’m going to spend my morningworking the whole | 我上午就准备 |
[18:52] | “shady guys larocheowed money to” thing. | 去调查下这两个可疑的债主 |
[18:53] | I might even follow upon the fact that, | 我也许还顺便查查 |
[18:55] | at 10:00 on the nighthe was killed, | 案发当晚10点 |
[18:56] | laroche’s hotel manager saw him get intothe passenger side | Laroche下榻的酒店经理看到他 |
[19:00] | of a silver sedan and drive off. | 上了辆银灰色轿车的副驾驶这条线索 |
[19:02] | But, hey, if you want to,uh, pursue your | 但如果你想继续证实 |
[19:04] | “senator cannibal” theory,by all means, | 你的”食人议员”理论 |
[19:07] | feel free.Be sure and let me know if anything breaks. | 随便你 但一有发现就通知我 |
[19:17] | Garrity:Allison? | |
[19:19] | Hello. | 你好 |
[19:20] | Are you headed upto manny’s office? | 你打算去Manny的办公室? |
[19:22] | Yeah, I am. Are you leaving? | 是啊 你要走了? |
[19:24] | I thought you two were workingtogether this morning. | 我以为你们俩会在一起工作 |
[19:27] | We were, but ihad to reschedule. | 本来是 但现在得重新安排了 |
[19:28] | A friend of mine died. | 我一个朋友死了 |
[19:30] | I’ve got to fly out to texas pay my respectsto his family. | 我要飞去得克萨斯州拜访他的家人 |
[19:33] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[19:34] | Were you close? | 你们关系很好吗? |
[19:36] | Once upon a time. | 曾经有段时间很好 |
[19:38] | We were in the service together. | 我们一起服役 |
[19:40] | Well, I have to admit, sir, | 我得说 |
[19:42] | I know a little bitabout your background. | 我有点了解你的背景 |
[19:44] | About the thingsthat you’ve lived through. | 和你经历过的那些事 |
[19:46] | I imagine that the bonds thatyou develop during war are very strong. | 我觉得在那种时期建立的友谊 一定是很牢固的 |
[19:49] | You have my condolences. | 为此我表示哀悼 |
[19:52] | That’s very kind of you. | 太谢谢你了 |
[19:53] | But the truth is,I’ve been out of touch with gordon for, oh… | 但事实上我已经很久没和Gordon联系了 |
[19:58] | it must be almost 15 years now. | 都快有15年了 |
[20:00] | Really? You didn’t haveany contact at all? | 真的吗? 你们没有一点联系? |
[20:03] | I’d think that people who sharedthose kinds of experiences | 我以为有这种共同经历的人 |
[20:06] | would keep in touch. | 会一直保持联络 |
[20:10] | Unfortunately, my friend and i became very different people. | 很不幸 我们俩都变了很多 |
[20:14] | We just drifted apart. | 渐行渐远 |
[20:17] | gordon and I saweach other at a funeral. | 最近一次见面是在一次葬礼上 |
[20:19] | Must’ve been,oh, ’91 or so. | 应该是91年吧 |
[20:23] | We haven’t evenspoken since then. | 从那以后 我们甚至没说过话 |
[20:27] | Allison, are you all right? You look a little pale. | Allison 你还好吗? 你脸色有点憔悴 |
[20:31] | I’m fine, sir. | 我没事 |
[20:44] | Suprabhaat, ubient credit, bangalore. | Suprabhaat Ubient信用公司邦加罗尔 |
[20:46] | Hi. Do you speak english? | 你好 你说英语吗? |
[20:48] | Yes, sir. How can I help you? | 是的 先生 你需要什么服务? |
[20:50] | Hi, I’m looking for an employeeof ubient credit. | 我在找一个Ubient信用公司的雇员 |
[20:53] | I don’t have a first name,but his last name is reshmi. | 我不知道他的名字 但他的姓是Reshmi |
[20:57] | Your office in bombay said thatthey thought that | 你们在孟买的公司说 |
[20:59] | he might work at this branch. | 他可能在这工作 |
[21:01] | That’s right, sir. Maneck reshmi. | 是的 他叫Maneck Reshmi |
[21:02] | Let me see if he’s started his shift. | 我去查查他有没有当班 |
[21:10] | Hello, this is mr. Reshmi. | 你好 这是Reshmi先生 |
[21:13] | Hello, mr. Reshmi. | 你好 Reshmi先生 |
[21:16] | My name is joe dubois. I live in phoenix, arizona. | 我叫Joe Dubois 住在 菲尼克斯 亚利桑那州 |
[21:19] | Uh, you may recallyou had a conversation | 你可能会记得你跟 |
[21:21] | with my daughter the other day. Uh, she’s nine. | 我女儿谈过电话 她9岁 |
[21:24] | You spoke of all the interestingplaces that you get to call. | 你谈到过你要打电话到很多有趣的地方 |
[21:28] | Yes, sir. I… think I remember. | 是的 先生 我 想我记得 |
[21:31] | How can I help you? | 我有什么能帮你的吗? |
[21:32] | Would you like to arrange a payment? | 你是想要付款吗? |
[21:34] | No, no, actually,uh, I am, uh… | 不 不 事实上 我 |
[21:38] | I’m callingto talk to you about… home security. | 我是打给你来跟你谈关于 住宅安全的 |
[21:43] | I don’t think I understand. | 我不明白 |
[21:47] | I’m calling to ask youto buy a lock for your back door. | 我想叫你给你的后门买个锁 |
[21:51] | Uh, you know,the kind that-that, uh… | 你知道 那种 |
[21:53] | that makes it impossibleto slide open? | 那种不会让门滑开的锁? |
[21:57] | you know whatI’m talking about, right? | 你知道我在讲什么 对吧? |
[21:59] | You-you have a sliding door? | 你家有滑门吧? |
[22:01] | I do. | 有啊 |
[22:02] | And you’re calling me because you’d like meto buy a lock for it? | 你只是为了叫我买个门锁就打给我? |
[22:06] | That’s right, I would. | 是的 我会这样做 |
[22:08] | Uh, I know this sounds, uh, odd. | 我知道这听起来 很奇怪 |
[22:10] | I’m afraidI don’t understand, sir. | 不好意思 我不明白你在说什么 |
[22:12] | Are you tryingto sell me a product? | 你在向我推荐一种产品吗? |
[22:14] | No, uh, I just want youto tell me that you’re going to buy a lock. | 不 我只是想叫你去买个门锁 |
[22:20] | I’ll tell you what. I’ll pay for it. | 我告诉你 我会帮你付买门锁的钱 |
[22:22] | Okay? | 行吗? |
[22:23] | Uh, those locks are cheap,right? | 那些锁很便宜 对吧? |
[22:26] | What, uh, what,about… about $25? | 大概 25美元? |
[22:29] | I’ll send you a personal check. | 我个人会寄给你一张支票 |
[22:31] | If you are going to send a check, | 要是你给我寄支票 |
[22:32] | why don’t you let me credit it to your account? | 那不如让我把钱存到你的帐户吧? |
[22:35] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[22:36] | No, it’s for the lock. You got to buy the lock. | 不 那是给门锁付的钱 你一定要买门锁 |
[22:38] | Uh, I’m still confused, mr. Dubois. | 我还是很困惑 Dubois先生 |
[22:41] | Why exactly are you so concerned with my home security? | 你到底为什么这么关心我家安全? |
[22:44] | Uh, look, it’s, uh… | 是这样的 |
[22:47] | it’s my daughter. | 我女儿 |
[22:49] | Um… my daughter liked you. | 我女儿喜欢你 |
[22:55] | actually, she’s worriedabout you, | 事实上 她在为你担心 |
[22:57] | and-and… I promised that I would try to get ahold of you. | 我跟她保证了我会劝服你买锁的 |
[23:04] | So what do you say, huh? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[23:06] | It’s not every day that a strangerfrom another continent offers | 不是每一天都有陌生人 从另外一个大陆打来 |
[23:09] | to buy you a free lock. | 帮你买门锁的 |
[23:16] | so, you sent hima check anyway? | 所以 你给他寄支票了吗? |
[23:18] | Yeah, I sent hima check anyway. | 有啊 我还是给他寄支票了 |
[23:21] | You know, I thinkI need to talk to devalos to warn him about garrity. | 你知道吗 我想我应该叫Devalos小心Garrity |
[23:25] | Warn him about what exactly? | 叫他小心什么? |
[23:27] | I don’t know. All of it– the things I’vebeen seeing in my dreams. | 我不知道 所有的事 包括我梦里见到的 |
[23:30] | Two days from now, | 两天之后 |
[23:32] | devalos is supposedto stand shoulder-to-shoulder | Devalos将会跟Garrity肩并肩的 |
[23:34] | with garrity in frontof every reporter in phoenix. | 站在菲尼克斯的每个记者面前 |
[23:37] | Can you imaginewhat would happen | 你能想象会发生什么吗 |
[23:38] | if garrity becomes a suspectin a murder investigation? | 要是Garrity变成谋杀案的疑凶的话 |
[23:42] | It would be the endof devalos’s political career. | 意味着Devalos政治生涯的结束 |
[23:45] | Well, maybe,but there’s nothing that indicates garrity’sgoing to become a suspect. | 可能吧 但是现在没有什么 可以证明Garrity是凶手啊 |
[23:48] | What about this? | 那这个呢? |
[23:50] | The night of the murder, | 凶案发生当晚 |
[23:51] | someone picked up larochefrom his hotel | 有人从他住的酒店里接走了Laroche |
[23:53] | in a silver sedan. | 开的是银色车子 |
[23:54] | Garrity drives a silver sedan. | Garrity开的正是银色车子 |
[23:57] | That’s not exactlya smoking gun. | 那也不能说明什么啊 |
[23:59] | Every malein the developed world | 有钱人世界里的每个男人 |
[24:01] | has owned a silver sedanat some point in his life. | 在特定的时候都有他自己的银色车子 |
[24:04] | Uh, that’s pretty muchwhat scanlon said to me | 那跟Scanlon对我说的差不多 |
[24:06] | when I called himthis afternoon. | 下午我打给他的时候 |
[24:11] | All right, then whydo I keep seeing things | 好吧 但是为什么我一直看到的那些景象 |
[24:12] | that tell methat garrity’s a bad guy? | 都指向Garrity是个坏人? |
[24:14] | Why did he look me straightin the face and lie to me? | 为什么他对着我睁眼说瞎话呢? |
[24:18] | He told me he hadn’t beenin touch with laroche for years. | 他告诉我他跟Laroche多年没联络了 |
[24:22] | He sent him $15,000last christmas. | 上个圣诞他还寄给他15,000美金呢 |
[24:25] | The two of them were in a paradeless than five years ago. | 他们俩在不到5年前都是军人 |
[24:28] | What is he trying to hide? | 他要隐瞒什么呢? |
[24:42] | rhoades has dysentery. | Rhoades患了痢疾 |
[24:44] | He’s dying. | 他要死了 |
[24:52] | He’s not going tolast more than a week. | 他撑不到一个星期 |
[24:55] | Now, we can just let it happen, | 现在 我们可以由它发生 |
[24:58] | and who knowshow many of us are going | 但是没有人会知道在他死之前 |
[24:59] | to starve to deathbefore he dies. | 我们之中有多少个会先死掉 |
[25:03] | or his death can mean something. | 他的死也可以意味着什么 |
[25:07] | It can help us live. | 让我们活下去 |
[25:10] | What are you talking about,captain garrity? | 你在说什么 Garrity上尉? |
[25:13] | If rhoades dies,how does that help us live? | 要是Rhoades死掉 怎么可以让我们活下去? |
[25:16] | Are you sayingwhat I think you’re saying? | 你是指我说的那件事吗? |
[25:18] | We don’t have any food. | 我们没有食物 |
[25:21] | Rhoades is dying anyway,so we just… | 反正Rhoades都要死的 所以我们可以… |
[25:26] | …help him along. | …帮他一把 |
[25:29] | Then we get to live. | 同时我们也可以活下去 |
[25:32] | Man:No. No way. | 不 决不 |
[25:34] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[25:35] | We all have to be in on this. We all have to agree. | 我们必须加入 我们必须意见一致 |
[25:39] | And we all have to eat. | 我们必须吃东西 |
[25:44] | God, I’m so hungry. | 天啊 我好饿 |
[25:50] | fine. | 好吧 |
[25:53] | But which of us is goingto do it? | 但是谁来做这事? |
[25:56] | Who’s going to kill rhoades? | 谁来杀Rhoades? |
[26:00] | We’ll draw for it. | 我们来抽签 |
[26:26] | Thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[26:36] | two straws left,captain garrity. | 只剩两条麦杆了 Garrity上尉 |
[26:40] | Looks likeit’s between me and you. | 看来只剩我跟你了 |
[26:44] | Let’s just dothis, laroche. | 抽吧 Laroche |
[27:07] | where am I? | 我在哪里? |
[27:11] | am I home,captain garrity? | 我在家吗 Garrity上尉 |
[27:15] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[27:18] | but you will be soon. | 很快就到家了 |
[27:38] | Let me be sureI understand you. | 让我先确定我明白你的意思 |
[27:40] | A young man namedmichael rhoades | 有个叫Michael Rhoades的人 |
[27:43] | died in a vietnameseprisoner-of-war camp | 30多年前 |
[27:45] | more than 30 years ago, | 死在越南战俘营里 |
[27:47] | and it’s your beliefthat jed garrity murdered him | 你觉得是Jed Garrity杀了他 |
[27:52] | then… ate him. | 然后吃掉他 |
[27:53] | Garrity didn’t want to do it. | Garrity不想那么做的 |
[27:55] | He was starving to death. All the prisoners were. | 他快要饿死了 其他战俘也是 |
[27:57] | He did it so the rest of themcould survive. | 他那么做是想让其他人都可以活下来 |
[28:00] | And you think that all of thisis somehow connected | 你认为所有这一切跟 |
[28:01] | to a murder that occurredfour days ago? | 四天前的谋杀案有关? |
[28:04] | Gordon laroche was in that campwith garrity. | Gordon laroche当时也在战俘营 跟Garrity一起 |
[28:06] | He was in the room when garrity killedmichael rhoades. | Garrity杀Michael Rhoades时 他也在场 |
[28:10] | His gambling debtsare out of control. | 他的赌债很重 |
[28:12] | Senator garritywas giving laroche money, and lots of it. | 参议员Garrity在给Laroche寄钱 而且不是小数目 |
[28:18] | What if they wereblackmail payments? | 要是那是勒索呢? |
[28:20] | What if laroche said to garrity | 要是Laroche跟Garrity说 |
[28:22] | he was goingto expose their little secret | 要是Garrity没帮他还清债务的话 |
[28:23] | if garrity didn’t paid him off? | 他就要暴露他们的小秘密? |
[28:26] | Don’t you thinkit’s possible | 你不认为这很有可能发生吗 |
[28:27] | garrity killed larocheto protect himself, his career? | Garrity杀掉Laroche来保护他自己 保护他的事业? |
[28:31] | No. | 不 |
[28:32] | Actually, allison, I don’T. | 事实上 Allison 我不相信 |
[28:35] | Even if I were willingto concede that, | 即使我认同你说 |
[28:37] | many years ago, in some of thedirest circumstances imaginable, | 很多年前 在难以想象之可怕的情况下 |
[28:41] | jed garrity did a terrible thingso that he could survive, | Jed Garrity为了生存做过很糟的事情 |
[28:43] | I refuse to believethat he had anything to do | 我不相信他会跟 |
[28:46] | with the murderof that man scanlon found the other night. | Scanlon前两天夜里发现的凶杀有关系 |
[28:49] | This is a man that I’ve knownfor more than 20 years. | 我认识这个人超过20年了 |
[28:53] | Someone who has been decoratedwith the highest medal | 一个被授予军队里最高荣誉 |
[28:55] | the military has to give. | 的勋章 |
[28:57] | And if you’re goingto come to my house | 要是你来我这 |
[28:58] | and accuse him of murder,I need something | 指控他杀人的话 我需要 |
[29:00] | more than dreams abouta prisoner of war camp. | 一些比梦到战俘营更有力的证据 |
[29:03] | There is more. | 我有更多的证明 |
[29:06] | 10:00, the night of the murder, | 10:00 案发当晚 |
[29:08] | someone drove larochefrom his hotel in a silver sedan. | 有人开了一辆银色车子 把Laroche从酒店里接走 |
[29:12] | Garrity drives a silver sedan. | Garrity开的也是银色车子 |
[29:16] | Now, I think I’m going to haveto bring this to scanlon. | 现在 我想我会把这告诉Scanlon |
[29:19] | And I really thinkyou should distance yourself from that man before I do. | 我真的认为你应该 在我告诉Scanlon前远离那个人 |
[29:23] | And you say this all happenedon sunday night? | 你说这都发生在星期天晚上? |
[29:29] | Senator garrity was with meat 10:00 P.M. On sunday night, | 星期天晚上10:00参议员Garrity跟我在一起 |
[29:32] | sitting right in this very room, as a matter of fact. | 事实上 就坐在这个房间 |
[29:34] | That was the nighthe came to see me about running fordistrict attorney. | 那天晚上他来跟我谈竞选检查官的事情 |
[29:37] | We sat right here, | 我们就坐在这里 |
[29:40] | drinking whiskey and talkinguntil just before midnight. | 一边喝威士忌 一边聊 直到午夜 |
[29:44] | I’m sorry to deflate your theory, allison, | 我很抱歉推翻了你的推论 Allison |
[29:46] | but the silver sedanyou’re referring to was parked | 但是你说的那辆银色车子 |
[29:49] | in my drivewaythe entire evening. | 整晚都停在我家车道 |
[29:55] | ariel:Dad? | 爸爸? |
[29:57] | Do you know some guynamed mr. Reshmi? | 你认识一个叫Reshmi先生的人吗? |
[29:58] | He called when I wason the other line. | 我刚在通电话 他打来 |
[30:03] | Thanks. Hello? | 谢谢 你好? |
[30:05] | Hello, mr. Dubois. | 你好 Dubois先生 |
[30:05] | I… I hope I’m not reaching youat a bad time. | 我现在打来有打扰到你吗 |
[30:08] | Uh, no, no, I can talk for a couple minutes. What’s up? | 没有 没有 我可以跟你谈几分钟 什么事? |
[30:12] | Thieves broke into my apartmentlast night. | 昨天晚上有贼闯入我公寓 |
[30:14] | They came inthrough the back door. | 他们是从后门进来的 |
[30:16] | I’m afraid they took everything they could carry. | 能搬得动的他们都偷走了 |
[30:18] | They even found a ring I had been saving for my engagement. | 甚至找到我为订婚买的戒指 |
[30:22] | I have to know, mr. Dubois: | 我想要知道 Dubois先生 |
[30:23] | How exactly did you think to advise me to buy a lock | 你怎么就知道要在我家被偷的那天 |
[30:25] | on the very day I was about to be robbed? | 叫我买锁的呢? |
[30:29] | Um, well, uh… | 呃… |
[30:34] | it really has nothingto do with me. | 这真的跟我无关 |
[30:36] | Uh, like I told you,it’s my daughter. | 就像我告诉你的那样 是我女儿叫我打给你的 |
[30:38] | Um, she… uh,she worries about people, and at times, it-it… | 她 常常会替人担心 |
[30:44] | seems like she’s very… prescient. | 似乎她很有预见能力 |
[30:48] | Do you know what I mean by that? | 你清楚我的意思吗? |
[30:49] | I think I can guess. | 我想我能想象到 |
[30:51] | Will you please tell her I appreciate her effortson my behalf? | 你能帮我告诉她我很感谢她吗? |
[30:54] | I will. | 我会的 |
[30:55] | I-I wishI had been more convincing. | 我希望我之前能更有说服力 |
[30:57] | And I wish that I had listened to you. | 我希望我有听你的 |
[31:00] | I also thoughtyou’d like to know | 还有我想告诉你 |
[31:01] | that your family’s statuswith the company has changed. | 你家跟公司的状况有变化 |
[31:03] | Your account was previously classified as urgent. | 你的帐户之前被列为紧急类 |
[31:05] | Someone was meant to call your home every day | 有人会每天打到你家 |
[31:07] | until we received payment. | 知道我们收到付款为止 |
[31:09] | Based on the conversations we had, | 基于我们之前的对话 |
[31:11] | I have reclassified your file as payment pending. | 我已经把你的档案重新归类为待还款类 |
[31:13] | It should be quite some time before it’s reclassified as urgent. | 应该等很久以后才会被重归到紧急类的 |
[31:16] | Perhaps 90 days. | 大概90天 |
[31:18] | You’re telling me that nobody’s going to call usfor three months? | 你在说三个月之内 都不会有人打来催我们还钱吗? |
[31:21] | Thatis right, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[31:23] | Wow. Well, I appreciate that. | 哇 真感谢你 |
[31:27] | Um, are you sureyou’re comfortable doing that? | 你确定你可以那样做吗? |
[31:28] | It is a large company. | 这是一个很大的公司 |
[31:30] | Errors are made. | 总会有人犯错的 |
[31:32] | Good day, mr. Dubois. | 日安 Dubois先生 |
[31:41] | uh, bridgettewants to know | Bridgette想要知道 |
[31:43] | if, uh, we can contributea little something | 我们能不能帮下Reshmi关于 |
[31:45] | to mr. Reshmi’sengagement ring fund. | 订婚戒指的事情 |
[31:51] | I mean, you got tohand it to the girl. | 我意思是说 你真的不得不佩服她 |
[31:53] | She’s reallybuilt a bridge | 她真的帮我们家跟债权人之间 |
[31:54] | between the dubois familyand its creditors. | 建了一座桥 |
[31:57] | Well, I’m glad one of usis seeing something useful. | 我很高兴我们当中有人 终于看到一些有用的东西了 |
[32:00] | You know whatI can’t stop thinking about? | 你知道我一直在想什么吗? |
[32:03] | Is that poor soldier,michael rhoades. | 那个可怜的军人 Michael Rhoades |
[32:05] | Just a boy, really. | 只是个男孩 真的 |
[32:06] | And he died half a world away. Al… | -客死他乡 -Al… |
[32:09] | it was horrible, and now, | 这很可怕 现在 |
[32:10] | nobody’s ever going to knowwhat really happened to him. | 没有人知道他发生过什么事了 |
[32:13] | Well, maybe that’sa good thing, too. | 可能那样更好吧 |
[32:15] | Even if you could provethat this guy died | 即使你能证明那人 |
[32:18] | at the hands of hisfellow prisoners, | 死在他的战俘朋友手下 |
[32:20] | what possibly could begained by exposing it? | 揭露它又有什么用呢? |
[32:23] | I mean, imagine the horrorhis family would feel | 我意思是 试想下他家人会怎么想 |
[32:26] | if they found outthat this kid was eaten. | 要是他们真的知道这孩子被吃掉的话 |
[32:30] | And the menwho killed him, | 还有杀了他的人 |
[32:32] | I know that they dida terrible thing, | 我知道他们这样做很不应该 |
[32:34] | but they were in akind of living hell. | 但他们不也会好过到哪里 |
[32:37] | And it doesn’t soundlike they went on to become career criminals. | 他们也不大会因为这样而杀人 |
[32:40] | I know. You’re right,of course your right. | 我知道 你说得对 当然你说的很有道理 |
[32:45] | this is whatI keep thinking: | 我是这样想的: |
[32:47] | If I can’t tell the truthabout michael rhoades, | 要是我不能说出关于Michael Rhoades的真相 |
[32:51] | and if I can’tp the policesolve la roche’s murder, | 我也不能帮警察解决Laroche的凶案的话 |
[32:57] | then why am I seeingthese things? | 那为什么我会看到这些事情? |
[32:59] | Why do I have such horriblethings stuck in my head? | 为什么我脑子里会有这么恐怖的景象呢? |
[33:04] | Man: I don’t think I can do this. | 我做不到 |
[33:06] | I’m serious– I can’T. | 说真的 我做不到 |
[33:08] | We’ve beenover this, evan. | 我们这事已经结束了 Evan |
[33:10] | None of us wants to do it. | 没有人想这么做 |
[33:12] | Gordon’s been out of controlfor a long time. | Gordon已经很久不受控制了 |
[33:14] | His debts are getting bigger. | 他的债务越来越重 |
[33:15] | He keeps coming to usfor more money. | 一直想我们要钱 |
[33:18] | Now he’s threatening to takehis story to the networks. | 现在他还威胁我们把这事发布到网上 |
[33:20] | I know, but you’re talkingabout murdering someone. | 我知道 但你是在说要杀掉他啊 |
[33:23] | I haven’t held a gun in my handsfor over 30 years. | 我30多年没拿过枪了 |
[33:26] | I’m a doctor now. | 我现在是个医生 |
[33:27] | We’ve all built lives forourselves– that’s the point. | 我们每个人都有自己的生活了 那才是重点 |
[33:30] | If la roche comes outand tells the truth | 要是La roche出来说出真相 |
[33:32] | about what we did to rhoades,that’s it– we’re ruined. | 说我们杀了Rhoades 那就完了 我们全完了 |
[33:35] | I didn’t fly out hereto have a debate. | 我坐飞机来不是要来争论的 |
[33:38] | Draw. | 抽签 |
[33:49] | Sorry, evan. | 抱歉 Evan |
[33:51] | Look, I know we needto do this… | 听着 我知道我们必须这么做… |
[33:54] | correction: Youneed to do this. | 更正: 你必须这么做 |
[33:56] | Why should I bethe only one at risk? | 为什么只有我一个人来冒险? |
[34:01] | We’ll all do it. | 我们都会做 |
[34:04] | Together. | 一起 |
[34:07] | If everybody takes part…then no one can back out later. | 要是每个人都加入 以后就没有人可以退出了 |
[34:13] | No one can becomeanother laroche. | 也不会有人变成下一个Laroche |
[34:16] | We can’t blackmaileach other or threaten to goto the authorities. | 我们不能勒索对方或威胁说到权威机构告密 |
[34:18] | Because we’ll allbe murderers. | 因为我们都会是杀手 |
[34:22] | Each one of us will be justas guilty as everybody else. | 每个人都会同样有负罪感 |
[34:25] | It’s the way we should’ve donethis in the first place. | 我们早就应该这么做了 |
[34:28] | If we all did rhoades together, | 要是我们一起杀掉Rhoades |
[34:29] | then laroche would’ve hadhis own skin in the game, | 那么Laroche也有掺一脚 |
[34:31] | and we wouldn’t be havingthis conversation right now. | 而我们现在也不会讨论这个 |
[34:37] | Tomorrow night. | 明晚 |
[34:39] | Evan, you tell laroche you needto talk to him. | Evan 你告诉Laroche你要跟他谈谈 |
[34:43] | He can come to your housefor a drink. | 他能到你家来喝一杯 |
[34:45] | Put some sleeping pillsin his whiskey. | 放些安眠药到他的威士忌里面 |
[34:48] | We’ll all come over later. | 然后我们都会过去 |
[34:51] | Midnight. | 午夜 |
[34:53] | We’ll kill him together. | 我们一起来杀他 |
[34:56] | And then each of us will get ridof a piece of him. | 然后每人把他的一部分处理掉 |
[35:00] | Evan, you have to burywhat’s left of him. | Evan 你要把他剩下的部分埋掉 |
[35:03] | Do you thinkyou can handle that? | 你觉得你能办到吗? |
[35:11] | Now let me askyou something. | 现在我问你一件事情 |
[35:13] | Do you own a chainsaw? | 你有链锯吗? |
[35:22] | Scanlon:Evan sabow? | |
[35:23] | Yes? | 什么事? |
[35:26] | My name’s lee scanlon. | 我叫Lee Scanlon |
[35:27] | I’m with the phoenixpolice department. | 我是从菲尼克斯警察局来的 |
[35:29] | I have few questionsfor you about, uh, | 我有几个问题想要问你 |
[35:31] | about the murderof gordon laroche. | 是关于Gordon Laroche谋杀案的 |
[35:34] | You knew him, right? | 你认识他 对吧? |
[35:36] | Of course.Gordon and I go way back. | 当然 Gordon和我以前 |
[35:39] | We were in the army together. | 一起在军队 |
[35:41] | Did you happen to see himthis past sunday? | 不知道上星期天你有没有碰巧见到他呢? |
[35:43] | Sunday?I don’t think so; no. | 星期天? 没有 不 |
[35:46] | You sure? Can you rememberwhere you were that night? | 你确定吗? 你还记得你当晚在哪儿吗? |
[35:49] | I was here.I was home all night. | 我在这儿 整晚都在家 |
[35:52] | Are you asking me to accountfor my whereabouts, detective? | 你是想要我对我的行踪做解释吗 警长? |
[35:56] | Hope you’re not implying I had anything to dowith gordon’s death. | 希望你不是在指我跟Gordon的死有关 |
[36:00] | Nah, I’m just checking. | 不 我只是例行查问而已 |
[36:02] | Can anybody confirm that youwere here– wife, kids? | 有什么人可以证明你在场的吗–你妻子 孩子? |
[36:06] | No, I’m divorced. | 没有 我离婚了 |
[36:08] | I was watching televisionall night, by myself. | 我整晚都在看电视 自己一个人 |
[36:15] | I like that tattoo. | 我喜欢那刺青 |
[36:19] | Gordon laroche hadone just like it. | Gordon Laroche也有一个一样的 |
[36:22] | Yeah, I know.We, uh, we got ’em together. | 是啊 我知道 我们是一起去弄的 |
[36:25] | A group of guys from our unitgot drunk one night | 那晚我们部队一群人喝醉了 |
[36:29] | when we were on leave; | 当我们休假的时候 |
[36:30] | we all had thesewhen we woke up. | 醒来的时候我们全部人都被刺了这个 |
[36:33] | Wish to god that we hadn’T. | 真希望我们没有 |
[36:37] | We were justunchof stupid kids. | 我们只是一群笨小孩 |
[36:43] | What’s in the bag? | 袋子了装着什么? |
[36:47] | Oh, just some tools, old stuffI was going to get rid of. | 只是些工具 都是旧东西 我正想把它丢掉 |
[36:52] | You mind openingit up for me? | 介意开来给我看看吗? |
[36:55] | You don’t have to. We could just waithere together | 你不必这么做 我们可以一起在这等 |
[36:57] | while somebody drivesover a search warrant. | 等人拿来搜查令 |
[37:12] | That’s a nice-looking chain saw. | 那是个很好看的链锯 |
[37:13] | You shouldn’t keep your toolsall mixed up like that, though. | 可是你也不应该把工具那样乱放 |
[37:16] | They’re I was going to get rid of them. | 东西旧了 我本来是想把它们扔掉的 |
[37:19] | Hmm…(sniffs)that smells like bleach. | 闻起来有股漂白水味道 |
[37:22] | No wonder you’re lookingto dump that thing. | 难怪你要把它丢掉 |
[37:23] | It’s not going to last very longif you use bleach to clean it. | 要是你用漂白水清理的话 它不会很耐用的 |
[37:27] | I really don’t see that that’sany of your business, detective. | 我真的不认为这关你的事 警长 |
[37:30] | Funny thing aboutchain saws, though. | 不过链锯这事确实很有趣 |
[37:32] | They’re almost impossibleto get completely clean. | 它们真的没可能彻底弄干净 |
[37:34] | There’s just too manynooks and crannies. | 上面有太多裂缝了 |
[37:37] | So, dr. Sabow… | 那 Sabow医生 |
[37:40] | if I take a real closelook at that thing, | 要是我认真看那东西的话 |
[37:42] | you think I’ll find some ofgordon laroche’s blood on it? | 你觉得我可以在上面 找到Gordon Laroche的血吗? |
[37:50] | hello? | 你好? |
[37:51] | Evan sabow just confessed to the murder of gordon laroche. | Evan Sabow刚刚承认了 他杀了Gordon Laroche |
[37:54] | Lee, that’s great. | Lee 太好了 |
[37:55] | Have you arrested garrityand the others? | 那你逮捕了Garrity和其他人了吗? |
[37:57] | No. And right now, it doesn’t look like we’re going to. | 还没 现在不太可能 |
[38:01] | What do you mean?Why not? | 你意思是? 为什么呢? |
[38:03] | Sabow confessed but he’ssaying it was all him. | Sabow认罪了 但他一直说全是他干的 |
[38:05] | He says he killed larochewithout any help. | 他说他杀了Laroche 没有任何人帮助他 |
[38:08] | Well, that’s not right. | 那不对啊 |
[38:09] | Laroche was blackmailingall of them. | Laroche是勒索他们每一个人啊 |
[38:11] | All four of them killed him. | 四个人一起杀他的 |
[38:13] | Not according to sabow. | Sabow的说法不是这样 |
[38:15] | He says laroche borrowed moneyfrom him, | 他说Laroche向他借钱 |
[38:17] | the two of them had an argumentabout when laroche was | Laroche想要还他钱的时候 |
[38:19] | going to pay him backand it turned physical. | 出现了争吵 而且打了起来 |
[38:20] | He’s lying. He’s tryingto protect the others. | 他在说谎 他是极力保护其他人 |
[38:23] | I believe you, but we searched his house. | 我相信你 但我们搜遍了他的房子 |
[38:25] | There’s no evidence that tiesanyone else to the murder. | 没有证据指向其他任何人 |
[38:27] | None of the neighborssaw anybody | 也没有邻居在Laroche死的当晚 |
[38:28] | coming or going from the houseon the night laroche died. | 看到有人进出房子 |
[38:31] | We’ll keep working it, but, uh, it looks like sabow’s taking | 我们会继续调查 但是 看起来好像Sabow |
[38:34] | the truth to jail with him. | 不会把真想说出来 |
[38:35] | So that’s it? | 所以就这样了? |
[38:36] | So garrity and the rest of themjust get away with it? | 所以Garrity和其他人就可以逃脱了? |
[38:39] | I hope not, allison, but at this point, that’s a possibility. | 我也希望不是 Allison 但是 目前看来就可能是这样了 |
[38:42] | Evan sabow may bea bad murderer, but, uh, | Evan Sabow是个不好的杀手 但我想 |
[38:45] | I have to admithe’s a good soldier. | 我得承认他是个好战士 |
[38:49] | senator garrity? | 参议员Garrity? |
[38:51] | I’d like to talk to youabout gordon laroche. | 我想跟你谈谈关于Gordon Laroche的事 |
[38:53] | I’m afraid I don’t have timefor a conversation right now. | 我想我现在没时间跟你谈这个 |
[38:55] | Senator… | 参议员… |
[38:56] | you really shouldn’t be here,mrs. Dubois. | 你真的不应该在这里 Dubois夫人 |
[38:58] | I’m sure you’re aware that mannyand I have a press conference | 我想你知道Manny和我要开记者招待会的 |
[39:01] | starting in just a few minutes. | 几分钟之后 |
[39:06] | I would hate for any reportersto see you hanging around. | 我真不想记者会看到你在附近 |
[39:12] | You don’t want to hearabout laroche. | 你不想听到关于Laroche的事情 |
[39:14] | Why don’t we talk aboutprivate michael rhoades? | 为什么我们不谈谈士兵Michael Rhoades? |
[39:21] | Would you all excuse usa moment? | 能让我们谈一下吗? |
[39:36] | It’s been a long time since anyone mentionedthat name to me. | 很久没人跟我提过这名字了 |
[39:39] | I know what happenedin that camp. | 我知道战俘营里发生过什么事 |
[39:42] | I know that gordon laroche wasblackmailing all of you about it. | 我知道Gordon Laroche在勒索你们 |
[39:46] | And you killed him. | 然后你们杀了他 |
[39:49] | That’s quite a story, especiallysince evan sabow just confessed | 那很惊人 特别是在Evan Sabow承认 |
[39:52] | to gordon’s murder. | 杀了Gordon之后 |
[39:54] | From what I’m told, they werehavin argument over money. | 我所听到的是 他们在金钱上有争吵 |
[39:56] | But we know better, don’t we? | 但我们知道的更多 不是吗? |
[39:59] | And don’t think that youand you’re friends are | 不要认为你和你朋友 |
[40:01] | just going to walk awayfrom this. | 会逃掉这一切 |
[40:02] | I am going to find a wayto prove that you did it. | 我会找到方法来证明是你们一起做的 |
[40:06] | That sounds like a tall order. | 那听起来像个夸大的命令 |
[40:08] | The killer’s in jail;he freely admits to his crime. | 杀手已经呆在监狱里了 他也坦率的认罪了 |
[40:12] | And I must say,I don’t understand why a woman | 我想说的是 我不明白为什么像你这样 |
[40:14] | of your obvious talentswould waste her time | 有聪明才智的女人会把她的时间 |
[40:18] | on a piece of businesslike this one. | 浪费在这样的事情上面 |
[40:20] | The four of you killed someone. | 你们四个人杀了人 |
[40:23] | Fair enough. | 很好 |
[40:25] | But let me make sureI’ve got your story right. | 但是让我确认一下你的故事是不是这样的 |
[40:28] | A long time ago, a soldier died | 很久以前 一个士兵死了 |
[40:32] | so that the men he served withcould survive. | 来让跟他一起的士兵好活下来 |
[40:36] | My guess is, they were probablyaware of the burden | 我猜 他们大概都很清楚他们身上 |
[40:41] | that the death of michaelrhoades placed on them. | 因Michael Rhoades的死给他们带来的负担 |
[40:44] | Who knows? Maybe they even madeanonymous contributions | 谁知道?可能他们在默默的 |
[40:47] | to the family ofthat poor, dead soldier. | 为那可怜的逝去了的士兵的家人做贡献呢 |
[40:50] | Seems like the leastthey could do. | 听起来这是他们至少要做到的 |
[40:52] | If these men had anykind of decency at all, | 要是那些人有一丝丝的自觉意识 |
[40:54] | it seems to me that theywould live their lives | 我觉得他们应该给那位 赋予他们生命的牺牲者以敬意 |
[40:56] | in a way that honoredthe sacrifice that made them possible. | 好好的活着 |
[41:01] | Don’t expect me to sympathizewith you. | 不要指望我会同情你 |
[41:03] | You gave up your rightto understanding | 当你杀Gordon Laroche |
[41:04] | when you murderedgordon laroche. | 你放弃了自己被谅解的机会 |
[41:07] | Right. Gordon laroche. | 对 Gordon laroche |
[41:09] | He’s the sticking point here,isn’t he? | 他才是问题关键 不是吗? |
[41:12] | If you’re right aboutany of this, | 如果你是对的话 |
[41:14] | he’s the only one who made itout of that camp | 他才是唯一一个逃离战俘营 |
[41:16] | who didn’t understand the legacythat rhoades left behind. | 但不明白Rhoades留下了的精神 |
[41:18] | The only one who didn’t holdhimself to a higher standard. | 唯一一个不能坚持更高标准的人 |
[41:23] | If fact it sounds like youthink laroche tried to exploit | 如果事实像你说那样 Laroche是为了自己所得 |
[41:26] | that terrible timefor his personal gain, | 而去揭露当时恐怖的真相 |
[41:29] | and he tried to drag the restof those survivors down | 去把其他生还者拉到 |
[41:31] | into the mess he had madefor himself. | 他自己制造的乱摊子的话 |
[41:35] | Would I be sorry that someonelike that was gone? | 我是不是应该感到抱歉? |
[41:38] | Not at all. | 一点也不会 |
[41:39] | He wasn’t worthy of the lifeanother man gave him. | 他不值得别人为他牺牲 |
[41:45] | Now, if you’ll excuse me,allison, | 现在 失陪了 Allison |
[41:48] | I have to go help put your bossback in office. | 我要帮助你老板回到政坛 |
[41:51] | A man I happen to believewill do a lot of good. | 一个我认为会做好事的人 |
[41:54] | A man I believe will help you doa lot of good. | 一个我觉得会帮到你很多的人 |
[41:58] | And that’s all mostof us want, isn’t it? | 那也是我们全部人都想要的 不是吗? |
[42:01] | A chance to do something goodwith the time we have. | 一个我们可以用自己的时间做好事的机会 |