时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:55] | Well, it’s not miniature golf, son. | 孩子 这可不是迷你高尔夫 |
[01:58] | There are no curbs surrounding the windmill | 风车周围没有环绕边石 |
[02:02] | to bounce the ball back into play. | 来把球弹回来 |
[02:08] | There… | 那儿… |
[02:09] | you go, nothing to it. | 轮到你了 很容易 |
[02:11] | You can do it, huh? | 你能办到 对吗 |
[02:12] | All it takes is practice. | 这都来自于练习 |
[02:14] | Practice and a good teacher. | 练习和一个好老师 |
[02:16] | Yeah, you’re dreaming, dad. | 你在做梦 爸爸 |
[02:17] | There’s no way that I’m going to practice | 我才不会去练习一个老实说 |
[02:18] | for a game that I honestly don’t give a damn about. | 我一点都没兴趣的游戏 |
[02:21] | Wrong again, son. | 儿子 你又错了 |
[02:22] | The only person who’s dreaming here is little wifey. | 这时在做梦的只有你的小媳妇 |
[02:26] | Whatever you say. | 随便你怎么说了 |
[02:30] | I, uh, used to go to a pro for awhile. | 我以前有阵子常到一个专业选手那去 |
[02:33] | I can give you his number. | 我能给你他的电话号码 |
[02:35] | He’s in tampa. | 他在TAMPA |
[02:35] | He runs a week-long course. | 他开设了1门1周速成的课程 |
[02:37] | Hey, make a vacation out of it. | 去那度个假吧 |
[02:38] | Take the whole family down there. | 带上全家去 |
[02:40] | And, and, and, hell, do it. | 然后 然后 然后 见鬼 就去吧 |
[02:42] | Do it as soon as you wake up. | 你一睡醒就去 |
[02:43] | It’s not like there’s anything standing | 又不是有别的事 |
[02:45] | in the way of your going, you know. | 没法去 |
[02:46] | Dad, it’s the middle of the school year. | 爸爸 现在学期刚过1半 |
[02:49] | And I know you think that I’m not doing anything, | 我知道你认为我什么都不干 |
[02:51] | but I’m actually out there looking for work. | 但我实际上正在找工作 |
[02:54] | Besides, allison and I don’t have | 而且 Allison和我现在 |
[02:55] | any money right now to take a vacation. | 也没钱去度假 |
[02:58] | All right, so don’t go to florida. | 好吧 那别去佛罗里达了 |
[03:00] | But do yourself a favor. | 但是 帮下你自己 |
[03:01] | I mean, take a little holiday. | 我意思是 去度个小假吧 |
[03:02] | You’re as nervous as a whore in church. | 你紧张的就象个妓女在教堂里 |
[03:06] | How ’bout a car trip, huh? | 自驾游怎么样 |
[03:09] | You can go to california. | 你可以去加里福尼亚 |
[03:10] | Check out universal. | 参观下环球电影公司 |
[03:12] | Huh, disneyland? | 去迪斯尼乐园怎么样? |
[03:13] | Yeah, why this sudden urge to travel? | 为什么这么突然的鼓励我去旅游? |
[03:14] | What are you trying to pull? | 你到底想干吗 |
[03:15] | Well, I’m not actually trying to pull anything. | 我实际上没想干吗 |
[03:17] | I am just suggesting as forcibly as possible | 我只是尽可能地想办法建议 |
[03:20] | that you and yours get out of town this week. | 你和你全家这周离开镇上 |
[03:24] | and, uh, | 还有 |
[03:25] | while I’m suggesting, don’t answer that phone. | 我建议你别接那个电话 |
[03:27] | Well, don’t worry, I can’T. | 别担心 我不能接 |
[03:28] | I’m here on the driving range with you. | 我和你在高尔夫练习场呢 |
[03:33] | that’s right. | 这就对了 |
[03:34] | That’s right, | 这就对了 |
[03:35] | just let it ring. | 就让它响吧 |
[03:36] | ah, damn. | 我靠 |
[03:39] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[03:39] | You answered it. | 你接了 |
[03:49] | Mom, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this. | 妈妈 我没法告诉你我有多感激 |
[03:52] | I swear to you, you’ll have every cent back the instant I get work. | 我向你发誓 我一找到工作 就一分不少的还你钱 |
[03:58] | Mom, you know you’re welcome | 妈妈 你知道我们欢迎你 |
[03:59] | to visit us anytime you want. | 随时来探望我们 |
[04:01] | This week? | 这周吗 |
[04:04] | sure. | 当然可以 |
[04:06] | What? | 怎么了 |
[04:07] | She’s bringing the money | 她带来了 |
[04:08] | that I asked to borrow. | 我向她借的钱 |
[04:09] | Besides, it’s not like we have | 而且 我们好象 |
[04:10] | anything else to do. | 也没别的事做 |
[04:12] | Well, I was thinking about maybe | 我曾考虑过 |
[04:13] | taking the kids to disneyland. | 带孩子们去迪斯尼 |
[04:17] | Mom? Um, I’m sure | 妈? 我能肯定 |
[04:18] | that it’s fine. | 这太好了 |
[04:19] | But you know we’re three | 但你知道我们 |
[04:21] | hours earlier here. | 这儿比你那早3小时 |
[04:24] | Just, just let me just run it | 等Allison起床 |
[04:25] | by allison when she gets up. | 我就跟她说 |
[04:28] | Yeah, I’ll call you | 我过几小时再 |
[04:29] | in a couple hours. | 打给你 |
[04:33] | disneyland? | 迪斯尼? |
[04:36] | It wasn’t my idea. | 这不是我的主意 |
[04:40] | Is grandma coming to visit? | 奶奶要来做客了? |
[04:43] | Um, yeah, it looks that way. | 恩 看上去是这样 |
[04:46] | What are you doing up? | 你起来干吗 |
[04:48] | I had a nightmare. | 我做噩梦了 |
[04:49] | Couldn’t sleep. | 睡不着了 |
[04:51] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[04:52] | Fine, just weird. | 没事 就是有点怪怪的 |
[04:55] | Well, you don’t have to be up | 再去睡 |
[04:56] | for another hour. | 1小时吧 |
[04:57] | Try to get some rest. | 尽量睡会 |
[05:07] | are you goingto answer that? | 你到底接不接电话呀? |
[05:08] | It’s the third timethey’ve called. | 这是他们第三次打来了 |
[05:12] | there. All gone. | 搞定了 |
[05:19] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字? |
[05:20] | It’s not a her. | 不是女的 |
[05:21] | Trust me, it’s not a her. | 相信我 不是女的 |
[05:28] | she’s back. | 她又打来了 |
[05:34] | The fire department? | 是消防局? |
[05:36] | You cheating on mewith a fireman? | 你背着我和一个消防员搞上了? |
[05:38] | Knock it off. | 别再说了 |
[05:39] | It’s too earlyfor your kind of comedy. | 你的幽默展示的为时过早 |
[05:40] | Then tell me | 那告诉我 |
[05:41] | what’s going on?There’s nothing going on. | 发生什么事了? 没事 |
[05:42] | The phone’s ringing,I’m not answering it. | 电话在响 我不想接 |
[05:47] | Oh, my god. | 我的上帝 |
[05:48] | It’s tuesday. | 今天星期二 |
[05:50] | I heard a rumorabout this. | 我听到1个传闻 |
[05:51] | You’re part of thistuesday thing. | 你参与了这个星期二事件 |
[05:53] | It’s none of yourbusiness, lynn. | 这不关你的事Lynn |
[05:54] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么? |
[05:55] | It’s completely my business. | 这完全就是我的事 |
[05:56] | If this is what think it is, | 如果这真跟我想的一样 |
[05:58] | it’s what my whole dayis going to be about. | 那我一整天有的忙了 |
[06:02] | why don’t you just tellthem you’re sick? | 你为什么不告诉他们你病了? |
[06:03] | That’s the plan, isn’t it? | 计划就是这样的 对吗 |
[06:04] | Isn’t that howthe “blue flu” works? | 抗议活动就是那样运作的吧? |
[06:06] | One day all the cops inphoenix are magically sick. | 某天凤凰城所有警察莫名其妙都病了 |
[06:08] | Angry taxpayerscall the mayor. | 愤怒的纳税人打电话给市长 |
[06:10] | The next day thecontract negotiations | 第二天就能与市政府协商一份 |
[06:11] | with the city takea whole different turn. | 完全不同的合同 |
[06:13] | Hey, look around. | 看看周围 |
[06:14] | I’d like a bigger place.(Ringing stops) | 我想要住大点的房子 |
[06:16] | I’d like a nicer car.Is that a crime? | 我想要开好点的车子 这有罪吗? |
[06:19] | Where you going?It’s barely 7:00. | 你去哪? 现在7点都没到 |
[06:37] | scanlon. | 我是Scanlon |
[06:39] | Hey, girls! Three minutes! | 姑娘们 给你们三分钟 |
[06:41] | I’m taking you to school.Mommy’s got a meeting. | 我送你们去学校 妈妈有个会要开 |
[06:45] | Hey, listen, | 听着 |
[06:46] | um, after I drop the girls off, | 我送完孩子们 |
[06:47] | I’m going to stop bythe grocery store and pick up | 我要去一下食品杂货店 |
[06:49] | a couple things I knowthat my mom wants. | 买点我妈想要的东西 |
[06:51] | You’re doing the cynthiameeting here, right? | 你和Cynthia在这见面 对吗 |
[06:53] | Yeah, I can’t go to her office. | 是啊 我不能去她办公室 |
[06:55] | I’m her big secret. | 我是她的大秘密 |
[06:56] | Remember?She’s bringing the check. | 记得吗? 我妈会带来支票 |
[07:00] | I told you she’s bringingthe check, right? $10,000. | 我告诉过你她会带来支票 对吗? 1万美圆 |
[07:02] | She had to sell a couple bonds | 她必须要卖掉一些债卷 |
[07:03] | to get it. | 才筹到钱 |
[07:05] | Joe, I’m not upsetyour mother’s coming. | Joe 我不是因为你妈要来而不开心 |
[07:06] | I’m just– I’m nervous. | 我只是有点紧张 |
[07:08] | I mean, I haven’t seen thiswoman since all this | 我意思是 自从所有 关于我的事情都登出来后 |
[07:09] | stuff came out about me.Okay. | 我就没见过她 好吧 |
[07:13] | Well, no, it’s not okay. | 不 一点都不好 |
[07:15] | If one of my children | 如果我的一个孩子 |
[07:16] | was married for almost 15 years | 结婚差不多15年 |
[07:17] | and I thought I knewthis person, and then suddenly | 我认为我了解他的伴侣 然后突然 |
[07:19] | one day this thing comes out | 某天这事都被报纸登出 |
[07:21] | in the paper.This thing that is central | 这事是反应他是怎样一个人 |
[07:22] | to who they are as a person? | 的关键? |
[07:25] | I don’t know, I would feel… | 我不知道 我会感到… |
[07:26] | hurt or… or angry. | 伤心… 或者会生气 |
[07:29] | Well, I don’t hear that. | 我没听到这些 |
[07:30] | Not on the phone. | 没在电话里听到 |
[07:31] | She just sounds excited. | 她只是听起来很激动 |
[07:32] | Sounds like she just really | 听起来就象她只是真的 |
[07:33] | looking forwardto seeing us all. | 很期待看到我们所有人 |
[07:35] | I hope you’re right. | 我希望你是对的 |
[07:44] | Hey, somebody checkthe temperature in hell. | 谁去地狱测一下温度? |
[07:46] | I think I see oneof phoenix’s finest | 我想我看到1个凤凰城的警察 |
[07:49] | actually out doing his job. | 真的出来工作了 |
[07:51] | Thanks for leavingyour sick bed, detective. | 谢谢你抱病前来 侦探 |
[07:54] | Nice to see you, too. | 也很高兴见到你 |
[07:57] | Scanlon:My god. | 我的上帝 |
[07:59] | This is awful. | 这真恐怖 |
[08:01] | I still can’t besure it’s a crimE. | 我还不能确定这是犯罪 |
[08:03] | I mean how do weknow whoever this is | 我意思是 我们怎么知道这谁 |
[08:05] | didn’t just fall asleepwith a cigarette? | 是不是点着烟就睡着了? |
[08:07] | Or a joint or a crack pipe? | 或者是大麻 或者是煤气管破裂了? |
[08:10] | We don’T. | 我们不知道 |
[08:11] | Just seems highlyunlikely to me | 只是看上去非常不可思议 |
[08:13] | that somebody wouldcover themselves, | 怎么会有人往自己身上 |
[08:15] | the walls and the drapesin accelerant, | 往墙上和窗帘上浇满助燃剂 |
[08:17] | and then go rollthemselves a doobie. | 然后再给自己卷跟大麻 |
[08:20] | This fire was set,detective. | 明显有人纵火 侦探 |
[08:27] | good morning.Good morning. | 早上好 早上好 |
[08:34] | I like phoenix. | 我喜欢凤凰城 |
[08:36] | But I’m goingto have to get busy | 但我将不得不多干点活 |
[08:37] | or they’ll put me on a planeto denver or albuquerque– | 否则他们将把我送上去丹佛的飞机 或者去阿尔伯克基 |
[08:40] | anywhere they can makemoney off me. | 任何他们能赖我帐的地方 |
[08:43] | Which would, of course, | 那将肯定 |
[08:45] | be the end of our littlearrangement. | 结束我们的小约会 |
[08:47] | So I was wondering whether | 所以我想 |
[08:49] | you could have a look at these. | 你能否看下这些 |
[08:51] | These are unsolved cases | 这些是从凤凰城的Ameritips办公室 |
[08:52] | from our ameritips officehere in phoenix. | 拿来的还没解决的案子 |
[08:56] | Missing people,missing things… | 失踪人口 失踪的东西 |
[08:59] | okay. | 好吧 |
[09:01] | Tell me whether you,you get a twinge. | 告诉我 你有那种感觉吗? |
[09:04] | A twinge? | 哪种感觉? |
[09:05] | A twinge, an orgasm, | 就是感觉 性高潮 |
[09:07] | a hot flash– I don’t care. | 噪热 我不在乎是什么 |
[09:09] | I’m just tryingto create some churn, | 我只是想试着干点成绩出来 |
[09:11] | some activity. | 创造点活力 |
[09:13] | So, uh… | 所以 恩… |
[09:15] | I want you to lookat this stuff, | 我要你看下这个东西 |
[09:17] | live with it for a bit, | 跟它相处一段日子 |
[09:18] | and, uh, let’s seeif we can’t drum up | 然后 让我们看看能否为自己 |
[09:21] | a little business for ourselveshere in phoenix, hmm? | 在凤凰城争取点小生意做? |
[09:35] | teacher:Owen? | |
[09:37] | Principal reed needs to see you. | 校长要见你 |
[10:13] | I just kept telling myselfit didn’t mean anything. | 我只是一直告诉自己那不代表任何事 |
[10:15] | Just a weird dream. | 只是个奇怪的梦 |
[10:17] | Do you want to tell me about it? | 你想跟我谈谈吗 |
[10:19] | The dream? No. | 谈这个梦? 不 |
[10:21] | The point is that, today,when I was in world themes, | 关键是 今天我在上世界史的时候 |
[10:25] | the principal came and, | 校长进来了 |
[10:26] | and pulled the boy that I dreamtabout out of class. | 把我梦到的那个男孩叫出去 |
[10:28] | Owen. | 就是Owen |
[10:30] | I saw them in the hallway andhe was telling owen something | 我看到他们在走廊上 他跟Owen在说些什么 |
[10:33] | and owen started crying. | 然后Owen就哭了 |
[10:37] | And then I heardthat his mom had died. | 后来我听说他妈妈死了 |
[10:40] | Is that what happenedin your dream? | 那就是你梦到的吗 |
[10:43] | I guess I just don’t get it. | 我猜 我就是没弄明白 |
[10:49] | You don’t get what,honey? | 宝贝 你哪里不明白? |
[10:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:53] | Why did I dreamthat dream? | 为什么我要做这个梦? |
[10:57] | Was I supposed to dosomething or say something? | 是不是我应该去做些什么或说点什么? |
[11:01] | Could I have stopped it? | 我能阻止它吗 |
[11:03] | You’re a 15-year-old girl. | 你只是个15岁的女孩 |
[11:06] | I have to believe | 我只能相信 |
[11:07] | that if your dream couldhave saved a woman’s life | 如果你的梦能救那个女人的命 |
[11:10] | it would have been dreamtby somebody a little more… | 那这个梦应该让那些 |
[11:13] | a little older, | 更加年长 |
[11:14] | a little more sureof themselves. | 更加自信的人来做 |
[11:17] | Mom! Dad! | 妈妈! 爸爸! |
[11:20] | Mom, dad! | 妈妈 爸爸! |
[11:21] | Look what we made! | 看我们做了什么! |
[11:23] | Joe:Wow, look at that! | 看那! |
[11:24] | That is quite a pieceof handiwork. | 那是个多棒的手工艺品 |
[11:26] | Girls, that is beautiful, | 姑娘们 那很漂亮 |
[11:28] | but daddy and ialready decided | 但我和爸爸已经决定 |
[11:30] | that grandma’s going to stayin ariel’s room. | 让奶奶住Ariel的房间 |
[11:33] | What? | 什么 |
[11:34] | Ariel, I need you to go sleep | Ariel 我要你去 |
[11:36] | in your sisters’ roomon the air mattress. | 妹妹们房间的气垫床上睡 |
[11:37] | Why do I have | 为什么要 |
[11:38] | to give up my room? | 我让出房间? |
[11:39] | Bridgette and mariereally want grandma | Bridgette和mariereally要奶奶 |
[11:40] | to stay with them in theirs. | 和他们住在一起 |
[11:41] | No, becausegrandma is too old | 不行 因为奶奶年纪太大了 |
[11:43] | to share a room. | 不能和你们分享一间房 |
[11:45] | You don’t know that.She likes sharing. | 你不明白 她喜欢分享 |
[11:47] | She’s always telling meto share. | 她总是告诉我要分享 |
[11:49] | Okay, girls… | 好吧 姑娘们 |
[11:50] | I say we havea vote. | 我提议我们投票 |
[11:51] | Everybody in favor of grandmasleeping in our room, | 同意奶奶睡我们房里的 |
[11:53] | raise your hand. | 举手 |
[11:56] | Sorry, | 对不起 姑娘们 |
[11:57] | girls, this is not upfor a vote. | 这事不会投票决定 |
[11:59] | But I thought | 但我以为 |
[12:00] | we lived in a democracy. | 我们住在一个民主的国家 |
[12:02] | Well, actually, here inthe dubois household, | 实际上在DUBO的家庭里 |
[12:04] | we live in what ilike to think of | 我认为我们生活在 |
[12:05] | as a “benigndictatorship.” | 良性独裁下 |
[12:07] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[12:08] | That means thatmommy and mine | 意思就是妈妈和我的投票 |
[12:09] | are the onlyvotes that count. | 才算数? |
[12:11] | But what about the sign? | 那这个标语怎么办 |
[12:12] | Now we have to redothe sign. | 现在我们要重新做一个了 |
[12:26] | I know, I’m thelowest of the low– | 我知道 我是最差的了 |
[12:27] | a public servant whowon’t serve the public. | 作为一个公务员 却不为公众服务 |
[12:29] | What do you wantfrom me, lynn? | 你想要我怎么样 Lynn? |
[12:30] | The other 1,100people I work with | 和我工作过的其他1100人 |
[12:31] | don’t feelthe same way. | 都没这么想 |
[12:33] | Frankly, you and your | 坦白说 你和你的在市政厅 |
[12:34] | friends at city halldon’t make it easy. | 的朋友们可没让我们好过 |
[12:36] | You won’t negotiate. | 你们不谈判 |
[12:37] | You won’t giveus a raise. | 不给我们加工资 |
[12:38] | When we go on strike, | 当我们开始罢工 |
[12:39] | you tell us we’rebreaking the law. | 你们就说我们犯法了 |
[12:43] | don’T… | 别接 现在还没过午夜 |
[12:44] | it’s not aftermidnight yet. | 别接 现在还没过午夜 |
[12:45] | I’m still not supposedto be answering calls. | 我还没准备接电话 |
[12:48] | Lee scanlon’s phone. | 这是Lee scanlon的电话 |
[12:50] | No, I’m sorry.He’s sick. | 对不起 他病了 |
[12:53] | Yeah, really sick. | 是啊 病的很重 |
[12:56] | Can’t keep anythingdown. | 什么都吃不下 |
[12:58] | I finally got him to bed. | 我最后只好把他弄上床 |
[13:01] | Uh-huh. | 恩 |
[13:02] | I can give hima message. | 我能转达给他 |
[13:04] | Yeah, sure,I’ll write it down. | 放心吧 我会记下来的 |
[13:06] | Mary stacey? | |
[13:08] | S-t-a-c-e-Y. | |
[13:10] | Sure. | 好 |
[13:12] | Uh-huh. | 恩 |
[13:13] | So it was her housethat burnt down. | 那个烧塌了的房子是她家 |
[13:16] | Her and her husband’S. | 她和她丈夫的 |
[13:18] | And it was her remainsthis morning. | 那早上看到的是她的遗骸 |
[13:19] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[13:22] | Separated six weeks ago. | 6周前分居了 |
[13:23] | She filed for divorce. | 她申请离婚 |
[13:24] | Hubby moved out, okay. | 丈夫搬走了 |
[13:29] | Neighbor sawthe husband’s car | 邻居看到他丈夫的车 |
[13:30] | in front of the houselast night, | 昨晚停在屋子前 |
[13:32] | heard a loud fightin the driveway. | 听到他们在车道上大声争吵 |
[13:34] | Ten minutes laterthe fire started. | 10分钟后就着火了 |
[13:36] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[13:38] | Oh, absolutely. | 哦 当然 |
[13:39] | I’ll be sureand give him your best. | 我会代你问候他的 |
[13:41] | All right,thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[13:44] | What are youso happy about? | 什么让你那么开心? |
[13:46] | Case closed. | 案子破了 |
[13:47] | First thing in the morningI pick up the husband. | 明早我第一件事就去抓她丈夫 |
[13:50] | Who knows? I put thisthing to bed fast enough, | 谁知道? 我那么快就破案了 |
[13:52] | maybe no one will evennotice I was in school | 也许没人会注意到 在我该休息的时候 |
[13:53] | when I was supposedto be playing hooky. | 我却已经开工了 |
[14:08] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[14:22] | Need a date? | 要人陪吗 |
[14:23] | Free for the restof the night? | 可以包夜吗? |
[14:30] | Do you mind if wewent to my office? | 你介意去我办公室做吗? |
[14:33] | There’s no one there. | 那没人 |
[14:34] | It’s perfectly safe. | 绝对安全 |
[14:37] | I just, I’d rather notlook for a hotel room. | 我只是不想去酒店开房 |
[14:42] | Wow. | 哇 |
[14:45] | Nice. | 真漂亮 |
[14:53] | So, what do you do here,sweetheart? | 宝贝 你在这是做什么的? |
[15:04] | Oh, my god. | 我的上帝 |
[15:06] | I love this. | 我爱这个 |
[15:09] | Are we going to do itin the chair? | 我们会在这椅子上做吗? |
[15:12] | Actually, | 实际上 |
[15:15] | I’d really like that. | 我很喜欢这么干 |
[15:21] | Hey, | 嗨 |
[15:22] | I hear that dentistshave really good drugs. | 我听说牙医有很棒的麻醉药 |
[15:26] | Any truth to that? | 那是真的吗 |
[15:29] | I thoughtyou’d never ask. | 还以为你不会问了呢 |
[15:41] | Wow. | 哇 |
[15:44] | That’s kind of big. | 这有点过了 |
[15:46] | Don’t you got anythingI can swallow? | 你没那种口服的吗 |
[15:49] | Oh, | 哦 |
[15:50] | don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[15:52] | We’ll get around to thateventually. | 我们有足够的时间来享受 |
[16:08] | Allison? | |
[16:16] | What you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[16:21] | And what’s inthat box | 那盒子里有什么东西 |
[16:22] | that can’t waittill morning? | 你就不能等到早上再看? |
[16:24] | These. | 这些 |
[16:27] | This. | 她 |
[16:29] | Hmm. | 晤 |
[16:29] | Cynthia: This is good. | 很好 |
[16:31] | This is very, very good. | 这太棒了 |
[16:32] | This little girl’s beenmissing for about nine months, | 这个小女孩失踪9个月了 |
[16:35] | mommy and daddy are probablyjust coming to terms | 她父母以为 |
[16:37] | with the idea they’re nevergoing to see her again, | 再也见不到她了 |
[16:40] | and, uh, | 然后 |
[16:41] | they get a call from me sayingI’ve got a new lead. | 我打电话给他们说我有新的线索 |
[16:44] | Maybe I can evenrenegotiate our fee. | 也许我甚至能重新商量我们的费用 |
[16:46] | I told you, she wasworking as a prostitute. | 我告诉过你 她去做妓女了 |
[16:50] | Well, that sure beatsbeing dead. | 是啊 那确实比死了要强 |
[16:51] | I mean, there’s no crimeto solve if she’s dead. | 我意思是 如果她死了 我们就没事可干了 |
[16:54] | There’s no fee to collectif she’s dead. | 如果她死了就没钱赚了 |
[16:59] | Um, | 恩 |
[17:00] | I wonder if you would,uh, look after this stuff, | 能帮我照看下这些东西吗 |
[17:02] | while I go to the littlegirls’ room. | 我去下洗手间 |
[17:15] | hello. | 你好 |
[17:16] | Hi. You don’t know me, | 你好 你不认识我 |
[17:17] | but I hear this isthe number to call | 但我听说如果需要便宜的法律援助 |
[17:19] | if you need cheap legal help. | 就打这个电话 |
[17:21] | Is this who I think it is? | 你是我想到的那个人吗 |
[17:23] | You’d be stunnedat how cheap you can get me. | 知道我有多便宜 你会晕的 |
[17:25] | Excellent. | 那最好了 |
[17:27] | ‘Cause i’ve actually got a case | 因为我确实有个案子 |
[17:28] | and I could usesome paralegal assistance. | 想要找个律师助手 |
[17:30] | A little paralegalor a little paranormal? | 找律师助手还是找有超能力的人? |
[17:34] | Can you meet meat police headquarters, 1:00? | 你能1点到警察总局和我碰头吗 |
[17:37] | You just try to keep me away. | 你拦都拦不住我 |
[17:41] | Got a lot of stuff here, mom. | 买了一大堆东西 妈妈 |
[17:43] | You sure you’re onlystaying a couple days? | 你确定只待几天? |
[17:44] | Just a quick visit. | 只是个短暂的探亲 |
[17:46] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[17:47] | Well, you didn’t haveto buy the whole mall. | 你不需要买下整个商场 |
[17:49] | The girls just enjoyspending time with you. | 姑娘们能和你在一起就很开心了 |
[17:51] | Well, that’s niceof you to say, | 听到你这样说我真高兴 |
[17:52] | but I’m agrandmother. | 但我是一个祖母 |
[17:54] | I’m supposed tospoil my grandkids. | 我应该宠爱我的孙女 |
[17:56] | Besides, it’s my moneyand I’ll spend it | 而且 这是我的钱 |
[17:57] | any way I want to. | 我想怎么花就怎么花 |
[17:59] | You can’t take itwith you, you know? | 钱又不能带进棺材里去 你知道吗 |
[18:02] | At least that’s what I hear. | 至少 那是我听到的 |
[18:04] | Is that what you hear? | 你没听过吗 |
[18:09] | she feels funny thatwe never told you. | 她为隐瞒你而内疚 |
[18:12] | I feel funny thatI never told you. | 我没告诉你 我也很内疚 |
[18:15] | How could she have told me? | 她能怎么告诉我? |
[18:17] | How could you have told me? | 你能怎么告诉我? |
[18:26] | If the day isn’t goingbad enough. | 好象今天还不够糟 |
[18:28] | Relax. | 放松点 |
[18:29] | Our old friend manueldevalos has himself a case. | 我们的老朋友Manuel Devalos有个案子 |
[18:31] | He asked me tomeet him here | 他叫我在这跟他碰头 |
[18:32] | and give him a hand.Excellent. | 然后帮他一把 不错呀 |
[18:34] | I could use a friendly facearound here. | 我能在这换上一张友善的脸了 |
[18:41] | So what have youbeen working on? | 你在忙点什么? |
[18:44] | A couple of things. | 忙几件事情 |
[18:45] | Got a murder case. | 接了个谋杀案 |
[18:46] | I’m about to interviewthe number one suspect. | 我去审问头号嫌犯 |
[18:49] | Pretty openand shut though. | 案子很容易就破了 |
[18:50] | Guy didn’t like his wifeso he set his house on fire. | 那个人不喜欢他老婆 所以乘老婆在家的时候 |
[18:53] | With her in it.Oh, nice. | 把房子烧了 哦 很好 |
[18:55] | You haven’t had any | 你最近没做过 |
[18:55] | good arson dreamslately, have you? | 纵火案的梦吧 |
[18:57] | Nope. | 没 |
[18:58] | Hey, you wouldn’t happento be looking | 你不会正巧也在找 |
[18:59] | for a horny dentist, | 一个欲火焚身的牙医吧 |
[19:00] | would you?Nope. | 没 |
[19:15] | WoW. | 哇 |
[19:17] | Yeah, they love me. | 是啊 他们爱我 |
[19:20] | What’s that all about? | 那是怎么回事? |
[19:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:22] | There’s something goingaround the precinct, | 辖区内的警察正在筹划一些事 |
[19:23] | I’m the only onewho didn’t catch it. | 我是唯一一个没参与的 |
[19:24] | I think they’reall jealous. | 我想他们都很妒忌 |
[19:28] | I don’t see manny. | 我没看到Manny |
[19:29] | Anyway, I got me a scumbagto interrogate. | 不管怎么样 我有个混蛋要去审 |
[19:31] | A mr. Graham stacey. | 一个叫Graham stacey的家伙 |
[19:33] | A mr. Graham stacey? | 一个叫Graham stacey的家伙? |
[19:34] | Well, don’t letme keep you. | 那我就不妨碍你了 |
[19:36] | Be sure and tellour old boss hello for me. | 别忘了代我向老上司问好 |
[19:38] | Will you? | 你会吗 |
[19:39] | I’ll definitelydo that. | 我肯定会的 |
[19:43] | Mr. Stacey, my nameis detective… | Stacey先生 我是侦探 |
[19:46] | lee? | |
[19:48] | Allison.Hi. | 你好 Allison |
[19:50] | MannY. | |
[19:51] | Graham stacey? | |
[19:54] | Well, this is suregoing to be interesting. | 这事越来越有趣了 |
[19:56] | Oh. Mm-hmm. | 恩 |
[20:01] | TO ALISON: THE EAGLE HAS LANDED | 老鹰降落了 |
[20:08] | I thought we might | 我想我们应该 |
[20:08] | as well get this outof the way right now. | 现在把这事先解决了 |
[20:13] | You’re going to getevery cent of this back. | 我会把每分钱都还给你的 |
[20:15] | Plus interest. | 再加上利息 |
[20:16] | I’m your mother. | 我是你妈 |
[20:17] | I don’t chargeinterest. | 我不收利息 |
[20:18] | Yeah, well, I’m your son,and I don’t accept charity. | 我是儿子 我不接受施舍 |
[20:22] | Stacey: My wife | 我老婆 |
[20:22] | called me at my hotel roomaround 8:00. | 8点左右打电话到我宾馆房间 |
[20:27] | We’re in the processof getting a divorce. | 我们正在办离婚手续 |
[20:29] | Not my idea. | 不是我的主意 |
[20:31] | I haven’t been living atthe house for a while now. | 我有段时间没在家住了 |
[20:33] | But you stillhave a key? | 但你还是有钥匙吧? |
[20:34] | Yes, I do. | 是 我有 |
[20:35] | It’s still myhouse, too. | 那也还是我的房子 |
[20:36] | What wasthe conversation about? | 你们俩谈了些什么 |
[20:38] | She said she wasrethinking some things. | 她说她要重新考虑一些事 |
[20:41] | She said she missedme, would I come over. | 她说她想我 叫我去一下 |
[20:44] | What happened? | 接着呢 |
[20:44] | I went over. | 我就去了 |
[20:47] | Your neighborsreported | 你的邻居报告说 |
[20:48] | hearing a loud argumentaround 9:00. | 在9点左右听到大声争吵 |
[20:50] | Would it be fair to assume thatthat was you and mrs. Stacey? | 假设是你和你夫人在吵 这样合理吗 |
[20:52] | Yes, I’d say that’sa fair assumption. | 是的 我认为这个假设很合理 |
[20:55] | I really don’t knowhow to explain this, | 我真的不知道该怎么来解释这事 |
[20:57] | but… I got to the house, | 但是…我到了家 |
[20:59] | and it was likea different woman had phoned me. | 她就象和电话里变了个样 |
[21:03] | She wasn’t happy | 她看到你 |
[21:04] | to see you?No, she wasn’T. | 不开心吗 是的 她不开心 |
[21:05] | I only got to the garagebefore we started fighting. | 我才走到车库我们就开始吵了 |
[21:08] | Then what happened? | 然后发生什么了? |
[21:10] | Nothing. We arguedmaybe five minutes, | 没事 我们吵了大概5分钟左右 |
[21:11] | and I left. | 然后我就走了 |
[21:13] | You left? Just like that? | |
[21:15] | She was out ofcontrol. Screaming. | 她失去控制了 尖叫着 |
[21:18] | I knew my attorney | 我知道我的律师 |
[21:19] | wouldn’t have wanted me overthere in the first place, | 从一开始就不希望我去那里 |
[21:21] | so when I saw how angryshe was, I got out of there. | 所以当我看到她那么生气 我就离开了 |
[21:27] | (Sighs) back up. | 等等 |
[21:29] | So you’re sayingyou never went in the house? | 你说你从没进过房子? |
[21:30] | I think my client’s been fairlyclear on that point, detective. | 我认为我的当事人很诚实 清楚地回答了你的问题 侦探 |
[21:34] | Thank you, counselor. | 谢谢 律师 |
[21:39] | you fought in the garage,and then you left. | 你们在车库前吵架 然后你就离开了 |
[21:40] | That’s your story. | 这是你的说法 |
[21:41] | That’s what happened.Oh. | 当时就是这样的 |
[21:44] | Not to belaborthe obvious, but, uh, | 我不想明知故问 但是 |
[21:47] | to the bestof your recollection, | 你能否清楚的回忆起 请尽可能的回忆下 |
[21:49] | your wife– she was alivewhen you drove off? | 当你驾车离开的时候你的妻子还活着? |
[21:52] | Of course. | 当然 |
[21:53] | So, yes? | 答案是肯定的? |
[21:55] | Yes. | 是的 你没有闻到烟味 没有看到火光 |
[21:56] | You didn’t smell any smoke,you didn’t see any flames? | 是的 你没有闻到烟味 没有看到火光 |
[21:57] | I smelled no smoke,I saw no flames. | 我没闻到烟味 没看到火光 |
[22:01] | If I had, I wouldn’t have left. | 如果我闻到或看到的话 我就不会离开了 |
[22:03] | I mean, she was my wife. | 我是说 她是我妻子 |
[22:07] | I still loved her. | 我还爱着她 |
[22:12] | Is that all, lee? | 你问完了吧 Lee |
[22:14] | Uh, not quite, no. | 不 还没完 |
[22:17] | Mr. Stacey, what wouldyou say if I told you | Stacey先生 要是我告诉你 |
[22:19] | that we obtained a warrantto retrieve the clothing | 我们获得搜查令后找回了 |
[22:21] | that you sent downto the hotel laundry | 那晚你送去旅馆干洗的衣服呢 |
[22:23] | that night?On what grounds? | 为什么那么做? |
[22:25] | And what ifI told you | 要是我告诉你 |
[22:26] | that we found tracesof an accelerant, | 我们发现了催化剂的痕迹呢 |
[22:27] | one that matched the kindthat was used | 而这种化学物质 |
[22:29] | to start the fire in your house? | 和那种在你的房子引发火源 的物质相匹配的话 |
[22:30] | What would you sayto that? | 你打算做何解释? |
[22:34] | Huh. | |
[22:36] | I’d say I believe that. | 那我要说 我相信你的话 |
[22:38] | Like I said, wewere in the garage. | 正如我说的 我们在车库 |
[22:41] | It got heated. | 那东西是用来加热的 |
[22:42] | There was a glass jar. | 用一个玻璃瓶装着的 |
[22:43] | It hit the wall and smashed. | 瓶子撞到了墙 碎了 |
[22:45] | I thought it was turpentine. | 我认为你们发现的是松节油 |
[22:47] | Turpentine?Turpentine. | 松节油? 松节油 |
[22:49] | Is there anythingelse, detective? | 还有什么要说的么 探员 |
[22:50] | Because if not, I think | 如果没有 我认为 |
[22:51] | my client would appreciatesome rest. | 我当事人需要休息 |
[22:52] | He’s had an extraordinarilyharrowing day. | 他经历了非比寻常的很难熬的一天 |
[22:54] | Not as tough as his wife’S. | 她妻子更难熬 |
[22:57] | Detective… | 探员… |
[23:02] | well, you know what? | 你知道么? 我想休息一会 |
[23:02] | I think I’d liketo take a short break. | 你知道么? 我想休息一会 |
[23:06] | Mrs. Dubois, can I talk to yououtside in the hall? | Dubois女士 我能和你的到外面的 大厅里讲几句话么? |
[23:10] | Me? | 我? |
[23:12] | In the hall? | 到大厅? |
[23:17] | what do you think?What do you see? | 你怎么想? 有什么看法? |
[23:20] | What do you mean,”what do I see?” | “我怎么看? ”是什么意思? |
[23:21] | Hey, I’m not the new kidin school here. | 嘿 我可不是菜鸟了 |
[23:23] | I saw you staring at him.I know how this works. | 我注意到你凝视着他 我知道这意味着什么 |
[23:25] | Is anythingthat he’s saying matching up | 他所说的话中哪些是和你的所看到的 |
[23:27] | to what you’re seeing? | 相吻合的? |
[23:28] | Somebody want to tell mewhat’s going on? | 有人能告诉我是怎么回事么? |
[23:29] | There’s nothinggoing on… | 无可奉告… |
[23:30] | just two old friendshaving a chat. | 不过是两个老友叙叙旧 |
[23:32] | Well, that’s fine, but | 哦 好的 但是 |
[23:33] | let me just remindthe one old friend | 让我提醒一下我雇佣的这位老友 |
[23:34] | who’s in my employ thatthere’s this little thing called | 还有件微不足道的被称做是 |
[23:36] | attorney-client privilege,and let me remind the other | 律师-委托人特权的东西 我还要提醒另一位 |
[23:38] | old friend who used to be in myemploy if you don’t stop… | 我曾经雇佣过的老友如果你不停止… |
[23:39] | excuse me, counselor, butI think you’d be hard-pressed… | 很抱歉 律师 但我认为你追的太紧了… |
[23:40] | …doing what you’re doing,I’ll have to report yoU… | 你就做你该做的 我会向你报告… |
[23:41] | …to find a judgewho believes | …去找那样的法官吧 相信 |
[23:42] | attorney-client privilegeextends to… | 律师-委托人特权有利于… |
[23:43] | did you see something inthere? Did you have a dream? | 你在这看到什么了? 你梦到什么了? |
[23:45] | Excuse me. I asked you first. | 抱歉 是我先问你的 |
[23:46] | She works for me,detective. | 探员 她在为我工作 |
[23:47] | Don’t force me to bring you infor questioning! | 别逼我带你来问话! |
[23:52] | stacey:Uh, excuse? | 打扰一下 |
[23:52] | Are-are you folkscoming back in? | 你们不打算回来么? |
[23:54] | I mean, am I supposedto just sit in here? | 我的意思是 我就只是坐在这? |
[23:57] | You said this wouldn’ttake very long. | 你们说过这不会花费太多的时间的 |
[23:58] | You said they had no groundsto charge me. | 你说过他们没理由指控我 |
[23:59] | Just please give usa moment, mr. Stacey. | Stacey先生 请给我们片刻的时间 |
[24:02] | We’ll beright back in. | 我们这就回来 |
[24:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:07] | I don’t know what to tell you,either one of you. | 我不知道该和你们说什么 |
[24:09] | I saw what you saw,I heard what you heard. | 我看到的就是你所看到的 我听到的也和你一样 |
[24:12] | And the only thingI’m dreaming about | 我唯一梦到的就是 |
[24:13] | is a runaway girl sellingherself as a prostitute, | 一个离家出走的女孩靠做妓女为生 |
[24:16] | and the fact thatmy mother-in-law | 并且事实上是我的婆婆要来 |
[24:18] | is coming intown for a visit, | 这里待上一阵子 |
[24:19] | and I really can’t tell youwhich one scares me the most. | 我真的没法告诉你们哪件事 更让我感到害怕 |
[24:25] | huh. | |
[24:26] | Hmm. | |
[24:30] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[24:32] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[24:48] | hi, moM.Grandma’s teaching us | 妈妈 奶奶在教我们 |
[24:50] | how to singin french. | 唱法语歌 |
[24:51] | I see that. Oh. | 我看见了 |
[24:53] | Welcome. | 欢迎你 |
[24:55] | Oh, it’s wonderfulto see you. | 见到你真好 |
[24:57] | It’s wonderfulto be seen. | 很乐意被见到 |
[24:59] | Did you getsome dinner? | 你吃饭了么? |
[25:00] | There’s plenty left. | 还有很多菜呢 |
[25:01] | Grandma madefondue. | 奶奶准备的涮制菜肴 |
[25:03] | It’s gooey! | 他们是粘粘的! |
[25:05] | Well, I don’t wantto miss that. | 好的 我不会错过美味的 |
[25:08] | Well, it’s official.I must be on the fritz. | 关于工作上的事情 我一定是出了问题 |
[25:11] | I’m sorry. You must beon the what? | 对不起 你一定怎么了? |
[25:13] | The fritz. | 出问题了 |
[25:15] | You know, I wasat this meeting today. | 在今早的会面中 |
[25:17] | One of devalos’s clientswas being questioned, | Devalos的一个当事人被询问 |
[25:20] | and we’re all sitting there,and we’re trying to figure out | 我们都坐在那里 我们试图弄明白 |
[25:22] | if this guy’stelling the truth. | 这家伙说的是不是真的 |
[25:24] | And then I see… | 然后 我看到… |
[25:27] | nothing. | 什么都没看到 |
[25:28] | So that meansyou must be on the fritz? | 所以那就意味着你一定是出了问题了? |
[25:31] | I mean, | 我的意思是 你又不是总能洞悉一些事情 |
[25:31] | it’s not likeyou always see something. | 我的意思是 你又不是总能洞悉一些事情 |
[25:33] | It’s not like this hasnever happened before. | 又不是没发生过这样的情况 |
[25:36] | I know, but just,they were so counting on me. | 我知道 但是 只是 他们是那么指望我 |
[25:39] | And then tonight–your mother. | 今晚 你妈妈 |
[25:42] | You know, I had a dream,a premonition | 你知道 我做了个梦 是一种预兆 |
[25:45] | that this visit was somethingthat should be avoided, | 这次的来访应该被回避的 |
[25:48] | something we shouldrun away from. | 有些事情是我们应该回避 |
[25:50] | And then I get home, andshe’s so great with the kids. | 当我回到家 看到她和孩子们相处的那么好 |
[25:53] | And she’s lending usthat money. | 她借我们钱 |
[25:56] | And she seemed so serene. | 她是那么平静 |
[25:59] | No, I know. WhenI picked her up | 是 我知道 当我去机场接她 |
[26:00] | from the airport, ihad prepared myself. | 我让自己做好了准备 |
[26:02] | I mean, I think deep inside,I was dreading this visit, | 我是说 我内心思索着 我很担心她的到来 |
[26:04] | ’cause, I mean, here iam, I don’t have a job, | 因为 现在 我没有工作 |
[26:07] | and you know, I’m borrowingmoney from my mother, | 你知道的 我是从我妈那借钱 |
[26:10] | and plus all thatstuff with you… | 再加上和你的那些事情… |
[26:12] | you know, she didn’t mentionthat once today, not once. | 她今天一次都没提 一次都没有 |
[26:15] | I know. She couldn’t havebeen more understandinG. | 我知道 她简直太善解人意了 |
[26:17] | She couldn’t havebeen sweeter. | 太体贴人了 |
[26:19] | I don’t know. | 我搞不清楚 |
[26:19] | Maybe we’re all on the fritz. | 也许我们都出了问题了 |
[26:23] | mom? | 妈妈? |
[26:26] | Why do you have these? | 你怎么会有这些? |
[26:28] | Uh, it’s somethingI’m working on. | 恩 这是我现在的工作 |
[26:29] | A case I’m helpingmr. Devalos with. Why? | 是我正在协助Devalos先生的案子 怎么了? |
[26:33] | This is her. | 这个就是她 |
[26:35] | This is the womanfrom my dream. | 这个就是我梦到的那个女人 |
[26:37] | This is owen kearns’s mother. | 这就是Owen的母亲 |
[26:40] | Ariel, letme see that. | Ariel让我看看 |
[26:44] | Are you telling me this is thewoman you saw kill herself? | 你是说这就是那个自杀的女人? |
[26:48] | She poured gasoline all overherself and lit a match. | 她将汽油倒在自己身上然后点燃一根火柴 |
[26:53] | Mom, I don’t understand. | 妈妈 我不明白 |
[26:54] | If this woman did thisto herself, | 如果这个女人是自杀 |
[26:56] | why do all these articles sayit was murder? | 为什么所有的文件都在说她是被谋杀的呢 |
[26:58] | Joe:Ah, just curious, | 这太奇怪了 |
[26:59] | but when exactly wereyou going to tell me | 你打算什么时候告诉我 |
[27:02] | that our daughter sawa woman burn herself | 我们的女儿梦见一个女人自焚? |
[27:04] | to deathin a dream? | |
[27:06] | The woman in this picture’s | 照片中的这个女人 |
[27:07] | name is mary stacey. | 叫Mary Stacey |
[27:08] | Ariel just said thather last name is kearns. | Ariel说她的姓是kearns |
[27:10] | Yeah, it was | 是的 曾经是 |
[27:11] | when she was marriedto her first husband. | 当她嫁给她的第一任丈夫的时候 |
[27:13] | Devalos is workingfor her second husband, graham. | Devalos正在为她的第二任丈夫Graham工作 |
[27:17] | The police believehe’s the one who burned her. | 警方认为是Graham烧死她的 |
[27:20] | But if ariel’sdream is right, | 但假如Ariel的梦是真的 |
[27:21] | if she did it herself… | 如果她是自杀 |
[27:31] | okay. For what it’s worth, | 好的 为了找到线索 |
[27:33] | she didn’t mentionyou’d be here, either. | 她没说你也会来这 |
[27:35] | Must be something good | 一定是好事 |
[27:36] | if she’s willing | 如果她想 |
[27:36] | to risk a replayof this afternoon. | 冒险重演今天下午的一幕 |
[27:38] | Question is, goodfor you or good for me? | 问题是 对你有利 还是对我有利 |
[27:40] | Coffee. Black.My, my, my. | 一杯 黑咖啡 我的 我的 |
[27:42] | You are so eager to convictmy client, aren’t you? | 你是那么迫切的想治我当事人的罪 不是么? |
[27:44] | Only ’causeI know he did it. | 因为我知道是他干的 |
[27:46] | And I knowhe didn’T. | 我知道他没干 |
[27:47] | All I know is,back in the day, | 我只知道 一直以来 |
[27:48] | the only questionyou’d be asking yourself is | 你该自问的是 |
[27:51] | whether or not to gofor the death penalty. | 是否该去执行死刑 |
[27:53] | Yeah. Well, all I knowis, back in the day, | 我所想的是 一直以来 |
[27:59] | you were never so desperate toplease the man you worked for | 你从没如此迫切的想去讨好你的头 |
[28:01] | that you wouldn’tbe willing to look | 甚至不愿意看看 |
[28:01] | at all the evidence beforerushing to judgment. | 所有的证据就匆匆的妄下结论 |
[28:05] | Give me five minutesalone with your client, | 让我和你的当事人独处片刻 |
[28:07] | I’ll show youa rush to judgment. | 我就让你看看我冲动的结论 |
[28:08] | allison:Sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉 我迟到了 |
[28:10] | Oh. No,that’s okay. | 哦 没关系 |
[28:13] | Gave us a chanceto patch things up. | 给我们一个平息分歧的机会 |
[28:16] | Suicide?Suicide? | 自杀? 自杀? |
[28:17] | I’m just telling youwhat ariel told me. | 我只是把Ariel告诉我的转告你们 |
[28:19] | I’m just telling youwhat ariel saw. | 我只是在说Ariel所看到的 |
[28:22] | A broken marriage, | 一段失败的婚姻 |
[28:23] | a knock-down drag-outwith the man you once loved. | 一个自己曾爱过现在却很无情的人 |
[28:26] | Maybe it all just gotto be too much for her. | 也许这一切让她无法承受 |
[28:28] | You may wantto hold up there | 你也许还想继续这样讲下去 |
[28:29] | a second, dr. Phil,’cause I talked | 我和她的所有 |
[28:31] | to all her friendsand family members. | 朋友和家人都谈过 |
[28:32] | None of themsaid anything | 没有人提到过任何 |
[28:33] | about her being depressedabout the divorce. | 她因为离婚而感到沮丧的迹象 |
[28:35] | Well, some peopleare very good | 有些人会很好的掩饰 |
[28:37] | at covering uphow they really feel. | 他们的真实感受 |
[28:38] | Yeah, well, I’mnot one of them, | 好吧 我不是其中之一 |
[28:40] | and I got to tell you– | 我必须告诉你 |
[28:41] | this whole suicide theoryjust doesn’t add up for me. | 这所谓的自杀理论对我而言说不通 |
[28:43] | First off, nobody setsthemselves on fire. | 没人会把自己葬身于火海之中 |
[28:46] | Not when there are pillsin the medicine chest. | 即使药箱里面没有安眠药 |
[28:48] | Not when there’s a | 即使厨房里面没有很好煤气灶 |
[28:48] | perfectly good gasoven in the kitchen. | 即使厨房里面没有很好煤气灶 |
[28:50] | Fire hurts. | 烧死自己 |
[28:52] | You don’t mess with it | 你不能随意混淆事情 |
[28:53] | unless you’re a monkwith a war to protest. | 除非你是教士想要抗争些什么 |
[28:56] | And what happenedto the container? | 怎么解释那个容器? |
[28:57] | What are you talking about?What container? | 你在说什么? 什么容器? |
[28:59] | The one she supposedly usedto douse herself with. | 就是那个她试图用来把自己 弄的满是汽油的容器 |
[29:01] | That one–what happened to that? | 那个容器–那又怎么解释? |
[29:02] | ‘Cause they couldn’t find oneanywhere near the body. | 他们没有在尸体附近找到任何一个 |
[29:08] | Nice try, counselor. | 很好的尝试 律师 |
[29:11] | Allison. | |
[29:17] | man:Folks? | 各位? |
[29:18] | we’re-we’re closing. | 我们要关门了 |
[29:26] | so? | 怎样? |
[29:27] | Don’t ask. | 别问了 |
[29:29] | Why did ariel dream that dream? | 为什么Ariel会做那样的梦? |
[29:31] | Hmm? | |
[29:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:36] | Maybe it’s becauseyou were overbooked. | 也许是因为你负担太重了 |
[29:38] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思? |
[29:40] | Well, you know… | 恩 你知道… |
[29:42] | what with the dentistand that runaway. | 那个牙医和离家出走的女孩 |
[29:44] | Mm. | |
[29:45] | I mean, if a dreamhas to be dreamt, | 我是说 假设一定要做一个梦 |
[29:46] | and you’re notthere to dream it… | 你却没有梦到… |
[29:49] | you making fun of me? | 你在取笑我? |
[29:51] | Not even alittle bit. | 没有取笑的意思 |
[29:53] | I think it’s nice. | 我觉得这样很好 |
[29:55] | Daughter picking upthe slack for mom. | 女儿为母亲收拾烂摊子 |
[29:57] | Hmm. | |
[29:58] | Dipping her toe inthe family business. | 插足家里面的事情 |
[30:01] | kind of like sanford and son,except with females. | 有点像《桑福德和儿子》 区别在于你们是女性 |
[30:05] | oh. I’m going to bed. | 哦 我要睡了 |
[30:08] | Who knows. | 谁知道呢 |
[30:10] | Could be the beginningof an american dynasty. | 一个全新的美国时代到来 |
[30:13] | Shh! | |
[30:19] | took a lot of work to get youup to speed, young lady. | 想让你有所起色要做很多工作 小姑娘 |
[30:24] | Plaque… tartar… | 齿菌斑…牙垢… |
[30:28] | gingivitis. | 齿龈炎 |
[30:29] | You really… | 你真是… |
[30:33] | put me throughmy paces. | 考验我的工作能力啊 |
[30:43] | Well, aren’t wethe early bird? | 我们起的真够早的 |
[30:46] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[30:47] | You’re telling me this manyou keep dreaming about | 你告诉我你一直梦到的这个男人 |
[30:51] | picked up our runaway,offered her money for sex, | 偶然结识了女孩 给她钱换取性交易 |
[30:54] | drugged her, and then,once she was unconscious, | 给她注射毒品 然后 一度在她失去意识后 |
[30:57] | performed dentalwork on her? | 对她进行牙齿治疗? |
[30:59] | Very extensive dental work. | 非常大规模的牙齿治疗 |
[31:03] | I-I can’t explain it;it was truly vicious. | 我…我没法解释这个 非常可怕 |
[31:06] | It was like he was workingon her whole mouth. | 就像是他对她的整个口腔在进行操作 |
[31:09] | And this man, this dentist, | 并且这个男人 这个牙医 |
[31:11] | seemed to be very pleasedwith himself. | 似乎非常的自我享受 |
[31:14] | Okay. | 真是的 |
[31:17] | Okay what? | 真是什么? |
[31:18] | 30 years in thisline of work | 做这行三十年了 |
[31:20] | and, uh, I thoughtI’d heard it all. | 我认为我听到过的已经够多了 |
[31:23] | Feet, underarms. | 恋足的 臂下的 |
[31:25] | But a dental fetish? | 但是对牙齿有怪癖的? |
[31:28] | I guess it takes allkinds to make a world. | 我想我们该知道大千世界包罗万象 |
[31:32] | That’s it? | 就那样么? |
[31:33] | That’s your reaction? | 那就是你的反应? |
[31:34] | Well, I’m sorry, | 我很抱歉 |
[31:35] | but what would you like myreaction to be, allison? | 但是Allison你想让我做何反应? |
[31:38] | This isn’t a terriblyuseful piece of information. | 这并不是非常有用的信息 |
[31:42] | We’re alreadylooking for sally. | 我们在找Sally |
[31:44] | We’re already canvassingthe area for, for dentists. | 我们已经调查了一些关于牙医的情况 |
[31:48] | I mean, so someteeth were pulled, | 我的意思是 有些牙被拔掉了 |
[31:49] | a few cavitieswere filled. | 有些洞被补上了 |
[31:51] | It’s hardly agame changer. | 这很难扭转局势 |
[31:54] | Listen, I know youwant to impress me. | 听着 我知道你想给我个好印象 |
[31:56] | I know the money I giveyou is the only money | 我明白我给你钱是你现在唯一的收入来源 |
[31:58] | that’s coming into yourhousehold right now… | 那些钱此刻已经成为你们一家的开销了… |
[32:00] | no, n-no. | 不 不 |
[32:02] | I didn’t come here at dawnto try and impress you. | 我并不是一大早就来试图来讨好你的 |
[32:07] | I came herebecause I had a dream | 我来这是因为我做了个梦 |
[32:10] | and I thoughtit was important. | 并且我认为那很重要 |
[32:12] | Well, discoveringthat our victim | 好的 发现我们的受害者 |
[32:13] | is in fact a toothlesshooker | 实际上是没有牙齿的妓女 |
[32:15] | hardly seems tohelp in that regard. | 很难看出那些对我们有什么所帮助 |
[32:17] | Does it, allison? | Allison难道不是么? |
[32:18] | Listen, I’m not paying youto dream about just anything. | 听着 我付钱给你并不是让你随便梦到什么 |
[32:22] | I’m paying you todream things I can use. | 我付钱给你是让你梦到对我有用的信息 |
[32:27] | Thanks for stopping by. | 谢谢来访 |
[32:33] | you wanted to see me,principal reed? | Reed校长 您要见我? |
[32:35] | Ariel, | |
[32:35] | I wanted to ask you a favor. | 我想让你帮个忙 |
[32:38] | I see you’re in worldthemes with owen kearns. | 我看见你和Owen Kearns一起完成了论文 |
[32:40] | We’re puttingtogether a package | 我们正将一些关于他的资料打包 |
[32:42] | of schoolwork tosend to his house | 以便送去他的家里 |
[32:43] | and I was wonderingif I could ask you | 我在想是你否可以 |
[32:45] | to grab his resource file whenyou go to class next period. | 在下次上课是时候找到他的资料 |
[32:48] | Sure. | 好的 |
[33:14] | woman:”My darling owen. | 我亲爱的Owen |
[33:15] | “This is my favorite placein all the world. | 这里是这个世界上我最爱的地方了 |
[33:18] | “I only wish you were herewith me. | 我真希望你能和我一起 |
[33:19] | “Perhaps someday soon. | 也许那个时刻很快就会到来了 |
[33:21] | Mom.” | 妈妈 |
[33:30] | you looking for me? | 你找我么? |
[33:31] | I certainly am, detective. | 是的 探员 |
[33:33] | Uh… | |
[33:38] | it’s, uh,come to my attention | 我注意到 |
[33:41] | that while othersin your precinct chose | 当你的辖区内发生一些事情的时候 |
[33:43] | to stay home the other day | 你却待在家里 不久前的一天 |
[33:45] | in an illegal act of defianceagainst the city, | 在一个公然反城市的非法行动发生的时候 |
[33:48] | you chose to come to work. | 你却选择来工作 |
[33:51] | I’m impressed,detective. | 我真是对你印象深刻 探员 |
[33:53] | Strikes me you’re thinking | 我觉得你给人的感觉是 |
[33:54] | like, uh, a manwho wants to get ahead, | 像是 一个力争上游的人 |
[33:57] | wants to make a namefor himself. | 想使自己有所建树 |
[34:00] | Honestly, I wasn’t thinkingabout any of that. | 事实上 我从没想过那些 |
[34:02] | Is that how you got involvedwith this, uh, stacey case, | 那你怎么会插手Stacey的这个案子的 |
[34:06] | this thing where this manset his wife on fire? | 就是那个男子纵火烧死自己的妻子的案子 |
[34:09] | Yeah, that was the same morning. | 在那天早上 |
[34:11] | I was the only guythey could find. | 我是唯一能够被找到的探员 |
[34:12] | Lucky me. | 很幸运 |
[34:14] | And are you aware | 你有没有注意到 |
[34:14] | that our old friendmanuel devalos | 我们的老朋友Manuel Devalos |
[34:16] | is representingthe number one suspect | 正在代理一号嫌疑犯 |
[34:18] | in this case? | 处理这个案子? |
[34:20] | “Our old friend”? | 我们的老朋友? |
[34:22] | Yeah, I knew that. Why? | 是的 我知道 怎么了? |
[34:24] | Because I’m not aboutto let the man I replaced | 因为我不会让我所取代的这个人 |
[34:26] | get the best of mein this matter. | 在这件案子上占了上风 |
[34:28] | Now, why isn’t this mr. Staceybehind bars? | 为什么到现在这个Stacey先生 还没被关进大牢? |
[34:32] | Why isn’t any given suspectbehind bars? | 为什么没有将嫌疑犯关起来? |
[34:34] | We can’t prove it. | 我们没有证据 |
[34:36] | To begin with,there’s no motive. | 首先 没有作案动机 |
[34:38] | Weren’t they getting divorced? | 他们不是离婚了么? |
[34:42] | If the collapse of a marriagewas grounds for murder, | 如果将婚姻的破裂作为谋杀的动机的话 |
[34:45] | half the men in the worldwould be behind bars. | 那么这世界上一半的男人 都要被关进监狱了 |
[34:48] | Let me be clear, detective. | 让我说的清楚些 探员 |
[34:50] | I want a reasonfor this man to be locked up. | 我要找到这个男人被关进去的证据 |
[34:53] | I want this case closed. | 我要结案 |
[34:55] | I want the honorable mr. Devalos | 我要让受人尊敬的Devalos先生 |
[34:56] | on the losing sidein this matter. | 输掉这个案子 |
[35:01] | Now, go find me some evidence. | 现在 去找证据 |
[35:07] | Go find me a motive. | 去找作案动机 |
[35:10] | Animal rights activists | |
[35:12] | have been pushing for the bill | |
[35:13] | for nine years… | |
[35:14] | it’s expected | |
[35:15] | the bill will outline | |
[35:16] | just what animals will be | |
[35:17] | allowed to be used in labs. | |
[35:21] | Manuel devalos. | |
[35:23] | Graham, yes,I got your messages. | Graham 是的 我收到你的信息了 |
[35:27] | Frankly, I was hoping to havesomething concrete to report | 坦白的说 在我给你回话之前 |
[35:30] | before I called you back. | 我真希望能给你些确切的消息 |
[35:33] | trust me, mr. Stacey, | 相信我 Stacey先生 |
[35:34] | you are absolutely gettingmy undivided attention. | 我在你的案子上投入了最大精力 |
[35:37] | Frankly, at the moment, | 事实上 现在 |
[35:38] | I don’t have any other clientsto divide my attention among. | 我手头上没有其他的当事人 会分散我的注意力 |
[35:44] | No, I don’t think that’s true. | 不 我认为那不是真的 |
[35:47] | The lead detectiveis an honest man. | Lee探员是个正直的人 |
[35:48] | He has no interest | 他不会热衷于 |
[35:49] | in sending someonewho’s innocent to prison. | 将无辜的人送进监狱的 |
[35:54] | mr. Stacey,I understand how you feel. | Stacey先生 我知道你的感受 |
[35:58] | Mr. S… | Stacey先生 |
[35:59] | graham, you have to trust me. | Graham你要相信我 |
[36:02] | Of course I have a plan. | 当然 我有安排 |
[36:03] | Of course I have a strategy. | 我有我的方法 |
[36:07] | okay, your wife, your…your late wife. | 好的 你的妻子 我指你后一个妻子 |
[36:11] | Did you ever know herto be despondent? | 你知道她是否曾经精神沮丧? |
[36:14] | Did she ever seek therapy, | 她是否曾经寻求治疗 |
[36:15] | use any kindof prescription antidepressants? | 使用抗抑郁的处方 |
[36:20] | Did she ever mention suicide? | 她是否提到过自杀? |
[36:24] | Really. | 真的么 |
[36:25] | An enormous passion for life,loved to travel, | 对生活很有激情 喜欢旅游 |
[36:28] | loved good food, good wine,you know. | 爱美食 美酒 据你所知 |
[36:31] | Yes, graham, I…I will call you in the morning. | 好的Graham 早上我再给你电话 |
[36:35] | Hopefully I’ll have better news. | 希望我能带来好消息 |
[36:38] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[36:40] | Dinovi: You asleep? | 睡了么? |
[36:42] | Don’t think so. | 没有 |
[36:45] | You know, it’s easier todo with your eyes closed. | 只要闭上眼睛就很容易入睡的 |
[36:48] | Thanks for the tip. | 谢谢你的小提示 |
[36:50] | You want to tell meabout whatever it is? | 你想和我说说么? |
[36:53] | You want the good newsor the bad? | 你想听好消息还是坏消息? |
[36:55] | I want you toget some sleep. | 我想让你睡觉 |
[36:57] | I’ll start with the bad. | 我先说坏消息吧 |
[37:00] | Our acting district attorneywants me | 我们的代地方检察官想让我 |
[37:02] | to help him crush mannyin court, | 帮他在庭上击败Manny |
[37:04] | which is a problembecause I really like manny | 问题就在于我喜欢Manny |
[37:06] | and I really hateour acting district attorney. | 并且我真的厌恶我们的代地方检察官 |
[37:10] | That leavesthe good news. | 好消息是 |
[37:13] | I think the guy devalosis representing is innocent. | 我认为Devalos代理的那个人是无罪的 |
[37:17] | Well, then there’s nothingto lose sleep over, is there? | 好的 那就没什么让你担心 以至失眠的了 是吧 |
[37:23] | I got you intothis, didn’t I? | 是我让你陷到这里面的 是么? |
[37:26] | You pointed metowards the diving board, | 你让我走向跳板 |
[37:27] | but I’m the guywho decided to jump. | 但是我自己决定要跳的 |
[37:30] | I got a confessionto make. | 我要坦白的是 |
[37:33] | It felt good. | 感觉很不错 |
[37:34] | I liked being the only copwith balls big enough | 我喜欢做独撑大局的警员的感觉 |
[37:36] | to go out there and do his jobwhen no one else wanted to. | 在那做一些其他人都不想做的事情 |
[37:40] | Then why aren’tyou sleeping? | 那为什么你睡不着呢 |
[37:42] | I can’t tell you why. | 我也说不清楚为什么 |
[37:43] | It’s just in the air. | 是个未解之迷 |
[37:46] | Everything’s aboutto turn to crap. | 一切都将变的很不寻常 |
[37:49] | I can feel it. | 我能感觉到 |
[37:53] | I think we ought to offer tohire your mom as our cook. | 我想我们应该雇佣你妈做咱们的厨师 |
[37:57] | You ever tastefish like that? | 你吃过那种味道的鱼么? |
[37:58] | I’ve never tastedfish like that. | 我从来没吃过 |
[38:00] | I’ve never seen our kids eatfish that didn’t come | 我从没见过孩子们那么爱吃鱼 |
[38:02] | as a stick or a cracker. | 就像是吃棒棒糖和饼干那样 |
[38:05] | Hey, I think yourmom’s still awake. | 我觉得你妈应该还没睡 |
[38:08] | I haven’t had a realconversation with her | 自从她来 |
[38:10] | since she got here. | 我还没和她好好的谈过 |
[38:11] | Well, I’ve donenothing but talk to her | 好的 自从她来 |
[38:13] | since she got here. | 我除了和她聊天就没做过别的 |
[38:14] | If you’re not back in five,I’m gonna come get you. | 如果你五分钟后还没回来 我就去找你 |
[38:19] | Joe’s dad:Uh, do yourself a favor. | 帮帮你自己 |
[38:21] | Don’t go in there. | 别去那 |
[38:25] | what are you doing here? | 你在这做什么? |
[38:26] | The same thing I was doinga couple of nights ago. | 和以往的一些晚上一样 |
[38:29] | I am tryingto warn you. | 我在试图告戒你 |
[38:30] | Did you see herwith my children tonight? | 你看到她今晚和孩子们相处的情景了么? |
[38:33] | I’m dead, isee everything. | 我是个死人 什么都能看得到 |
[38:35] | Which is why I would thinkyou would listen to me. | 那就是为什么我觉得你应该听我的 |
[38:39] | Marjorie:Hello? | 你好么 |
[38:44] | you’re not actually hereto tuck me in, are you? | 你不是想来哄我入睡的吧 |
[38:48] | No. | 不 |
[38:49] | I just–I wanted to thank you | 我只是–只是想谢谢你 |
[38:52] | for the money and, well,for the gifts and… | 因为钱的事 还有礼物 还有… |
[38:56] | for just being here. | 因为你留在这里 |
[38:58] | For showing up uninvitedon virtually no notice? | 因为没有接到邀请就来了 因为没有被关注? |
[39:00] | No, don’t be silly,you’re always invited. | 不 别傻了 随时都欢迎你 |
[39:03] | You’re sweet. | 你真好 |
[39:06] | Well, it must be nice beingable to go places on a whim. | 能够一时的兴起就到某处的感觉一定不错 |
[39:11] | Well, fromwhat I’ve read, | 据我观察 |
[39:12] | it’s not as ifmy showing up | 似乎我的到来 |
[39:14] | would have surprisedyou anyway. | 并没让你感到惊讶 |
[39:18] | we need to talk about that. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[39:20] | Um… it really doesn’t workthat way. | 恩 事情并不是那样的 |
[39:22] | Because, frankly, if it did, | 因为 坦率的讲 如果是那样 |
[39:26] | I would have known we wouldhave this awkward moment | 我早该知道我们会有这么尴尬的时刻 |
[39:30] | and I would have told youyears ago. | 我应该在几年前就告诉你 |
[39:35] | And I am,I am really sorry I didn’T. | 我真的 非常抱歉 我没能那么做 |
[39:38] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[39:40] | I’m not sure what iwould have made of it | 过去的这么多年 |
[39:42] | all those years ago. | 我不确定我该怎么做 |
[39:44] | I guess thingshappen for a reason. | 我想事情的发生是有原因的 |
[39:47] | I guess. | 我猜 |
[39:51] | Well, if you need anything, | 恩 如果你有什么需要 |
[39:52] | you knowwe’re right across the hall. | 尽管来找我们 |
[39:54] | There is one thing. | 有一件事 |
[39:56] | Um, I’m not actuallyhere on, on a whim. | 我并不是一时兴起到这来的 |
[40:04] | Could I take youinto my confidence? | 我该相信你么? |
[40:06] | Joe can’t know whatI’m about to tell you. | 不要让Joe知道我和你说的话 |
[40:17] | I’m prettysick, allison. | Allison我病的非常重 |
[40:20] | Oh, marjorie. | 哦 Marjorie |
[40:21] | It’s not hopeless. | 到不至于绝望 |
[40:23] | There’s treatment–an operation. | 接受治疗―做个手术 |
[40:26] | I’m flying to minneapoliswhen I leave here, | 离开这后我要飞去明尼阿波利斯市 |
[40:28] | to the mayo clinic. | 去Mayo诊所 |
[40:30] | My odds are 60%. | 手术成功率是百分之六十 |
[40:34] | I know, I look pretty goodfor someone with 60% odds. | 我知道 作为有百分之六十生 还机会的人我看上去不错 |
[40:40] | I feelpretty good | 我感觉很好 |
[40:40] | for someonewith 60% odds. | 作为有百分之六十生还期望的人 |
[40:44] | Anyway, I, uh, whenI heard that number, | 不管怎样 我 当我听到这个数字的时候 |
[40:47] | I thought of you. | 我想到了你 |
[40:49] | I mean, if, if I gointo the hospital | 我是说 如果我进了医院 |
[40:51] | knowing that imight not come out, | 知道我自己也许没法痊愈 |
[40:53] | then obviously I’d dosome things differently. | 那么很显然的我应该做些不同以往的事情 |
[41:00] | so I-I don’t knowhow this works. | 我…我不知道该怎么做 |
[41:12] | I wish so badlyI had something to tell you. | 我真希望能告诉你些什么 |
[41:18] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢? 也许在你入院前… |
[41:18] | Maybe before you go in. | 谁知道呢? 也许在你入院前… |
[41:25] | Yeah, who,who knows? | 是的 谁知道呢? |
[41:28] | Um… yeah. | 好的 |
[41:31] | Not a word to joe? | 不要和Joe说 |
[41:35] | Not a word to joe. | 不会和Joe说的 |