时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Medium. | |
[00:02] | Why’d I dream that dream? | 我为什么会梦到那些 |
[00:04] | I was at school, | 梦到在学校 |
[00:06] | just past the fence, waving to him. | Owen的妈妈隔着栅栏同他挥手 |
[00:09] | She poured gasoline all over herserlf and lit a match. | 她拿着汽油从头往下倒 然后点燃火种 |
[00:12] | This Stacey case. This thing where | this 那个Stacey案 |
[00:15] | man sets his wife on fire. | 就是丈夫放火 烧死妻子的案子? |
[00:17] | And are you aware that our old friend Manuel Devalos is | 你知道我们的老朋友替 |
[00:20] | representing the number one suspect in this case? | 本案的头号嫌疑人辩护吗 |
[00:23] | Yeah, I knew that, why? | 我知道 怎么了 |
[00:24] | Because I’m not about to let the man I replaced | 因为我不想让我所顶替的人 |
[00:26] | get the best of me in this matter. | 在这案子上抢尽风头 |
[00:28] | What would you say if I told you that we obtained a warrant | Stacey先生 如果我们有搜查令 |
[00:31] | to retrieve the clothing that you sent down to the hotel laundry that night? | 检查了你案发当晚送去酒店 干洗部的衣物 你会怎么说? |
[00:35] | On what grounds? | 以什么理由? |
[00:36] | What if I told you that we found traces of an accelerant one that matched | 我们在衣物上发现了 与引起你家大火的助燃剂相吻合 |
[00:39] | the kind that was used to start the fire? | 的物质的话 你又做何解释? |
[00:41] | I’d say I believe that. Like I said, we were in the garage, | 我会说我相信 就像我说的 我们当时在车库 |
[00:44] | it got heated, she started throwing things at me. | 争吵激烈 她朝我扔东西 |
[00:47] | There was a glass jar, it smashed. I thought it was turpentine. | 那里有个玻璃罐 结果被摔碎了 我想里面装的是松木油 |
[00:50] | I was wondering wheter you could have a look at these. | 我想知道你是否能看看这些资料 |
[00:53] | You see this missing girl? I think I just had a dream about her. | 看见这个失踪的女孩没? 我想我梦到了她 |
[00:56] | She was working as a prostitute. | 她当了妓女 |
[00:59] | A dentist picked her up, took her to his office. | 一个牙医带走了她 带她去了诊所 |
[01:01] | You’re telling me this man you keep dreaming about, | 你说你梦到的这男人 |
[01:04] | drugged her, and then, when she was unconscious, | 给她下药 |
[01:07] | performed dental work on her? | 然后趁她神志不清 给她做了口腔手术? |
[01:09] | You know you’re welcome to visit us anytime you want. | 你任何时间来都欢迎 |
[01:12] | This week? | 这周吗? |
[01:14] | Sure. | 当然 |
[01:16] | What? | 干吗 |
[01:17] | She’s bringing the money that I asked to borrow. | 她把我要借的钱带来了 |
[01:19] | Can I take you into my confidence? | 我能信任你吗? |
[01:22] | Joe can’t know what I’m about to tell you. | 我要告诉你的不能让Joe知道 |
[01:28] | I’m pretty sick, Allison. | 我病得很严重 Allison |
[01:29] | It’s not hopeless, there’s treatment, an operation. | 不是毫无希望 有治疗方法… 需要手术 |
[01:34] | I’m flying to Minneapolis when I leave here, to the Mayo Clinic. | 我离开这儿后 会飞去明尼阿波利斯 求治于Mayo诊所 |
[01:38] | My odds are 60%. | 手术成功率是60% |
[01:40] | When I heard that number I thought of you. | 当我听到这个数字的时候 |
[01:43] | If I go into the hospital knowing, | 我想到了你 |
[01:45] | that I might not come out, then, | 如果我进医院的时候 能知道自己可能不会活着出来 |
[01:48] | obviously I’d do some things differently. | 那样 很明显我会做些不同的事 |
[01:51] | I wish so badly I had something to tell you. | 我真的希望自己能告诉你些什么 |
[01:56] | Not a word to Joe. | 不要告诉Joe |
[01:58] | Not a word to Joe. | 不告诉Joe |
[02:13] | So? | – 怎样? |
[02:14] | So what? | – 什么怎样 |
[02:17] | How’d it go? | 谈的怎么样 谈的怎么样? |
[02:23] | It was a regular love fest. | – 闲话家常那种 |
[02:25] | A love fest? | – 闲话家常? |
[02:28] | I like that. | 我喜欢那样 |
[02:34] | I love you. | – 爱你 |
[02:36] | Love you. | – 爱你 |
[02:47] | Took a lot of work, | 你可花了我不少功夫 |
[02:49] | to get you up to speed, young lady. | 小姐 |
[02:53] | Plaque, | 有牙垢 |
[02:54] | tartar, | |
[02:56] | gingivitis. | 牙龈炎 |
[02:58] | You really, | 你真是… |
[03:01] | put me through my paces. | 考验我的手艺 |
[03:04] | Good news is, | 好消息是 |
[03:06] | now your mouth is ready for anything. | 现在你的嘴巴应付任何事都没问题了 宝贝 |
[03:25] | You starting to feel something? | 你开始有痛觉了? |
[03:32] | My apologies. | 我很抱歉 |
[03:47] | Transcript: wikisubtitles.net Synch: jayson.sosweet | 灵媒缉凶 |
[04:26] | He punched her? | – 他打了她? |
[04:27] | Right in the face, in the mouth, | – 直直的冲着脸上 嘴上来了一拳 |
[04:29] | the very same mouth he spent the whole night slaving over. | 而他之前对着这张嘴辛苦了整晚 |
[04:33] | That makes no sense. | 这说不通 |
[04:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:36] | You’re welcome. For what? | 不客气 但为啥这么说 |
[04:38] | For not biting my head off. | 感谢你没有让我下不来台 |
[04:39] | It’s so much nicer hearing that my dreams make no sense | 听你说我梦到的不合情理比从 |
[04:42] | from you than from Cynthia Keener. | Cynthia Keener那里听到强多了 |
[04:45] | You should have heard her, jumped out my throat yesterday morning. | 你应该听说她昨天早上 那话说得 没给我顶够呛 |
[04:48] | – I don’t like that woman. – I’m not crazy about her either. | 我不喜欢那个女人 |
[04:51] | But I kind of understand. | 我也不喜欢她 但我能理解 |
[04:54] | You’d think after 3 dreams I’d have one genuine clue, | 在做了三个梦以后 |
[04:57] | that would make her job easier. | 我只有一个 像样的线索能帮到她的工作 |
[04:58] | Or the name of the dentist, | 牙医的名字 |
[05:00] | the location of his office, something. | 诊所的地点之类的 |
[05:03] | Thank god I’m still working for Devalos. | 感谢上帝我还替Devalos工作 |
[05:10] | There she is. | 哦 |
[05:12] | I slept like a lamb | 你来了 我睡得很安稳 |
[05:15] | How did you sleep, dear? | 你呢 睡得怎样 |
[05:18] | Anything to tell me? Any interesting dreams last night? | 有什么可以告诉我的 昨晚梦到了什么有趣的事 |
[05:22] | Not the one I wanted, | 我没梦到想梦的 |
[05:24] | not the one I was hoping for. | 不是我所希望的那个 |
[05:28] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:30] | Maybe tonight. | 也许今晚能梦到 |
[05:38] | Is it what I think it is? | 这是我要的那个吗 |
[05:41] | What the hell took so long? | 为什么这么久才送来 |
[05:42] | What can I tell you? We’re a little backed up. | 我还能说什么呢 我们积压了不少活儿 |
[05:45] | There was a bug going around, lot of people out. | 最近不是有个流行病嘛? 好多人都告假休息 |
[05:48] | But I guess you didn’t hear anything about that, right? | 但我猜你没听到风声 |
[05:51] | Detective. | 对吗 |
[06:02] | Dammit. | 警探 该死 |
[06:04] | Cynthia, listen to me, he was doing things to her. | Cynthia听我说 他对她下了毒手 |
[06:07] | Some kind of dentistry. | 像是某种牙科手术 |
[06:09] | He punched her in the face. | – 他打了她的脸 |
[06:11] | I still have men in field, gathering information on all the male dentists | 我的人还在外面搜集 |
[06:14] | located downtown Phoenix. | 凤凰城市内的所有牙医资料 |
[06:16] | The second that data is complete, | 等弄好了 我就打给你 |
[06:18] | – I’ll call you. We can sit down… – Fine, I have to go. | 我们再坐下来… 好好好 我要挂了 |
[06:24] | How strange is this? | 怎么这么奇怪 |
[06:27] | Very strange. | 非常奇怪 |
[06:29] | I feel like a guest in my own home? | 我感觉是在自己家里作客 |
[06:32] | Have you seen our guy? | 见到我们的委托人了吗 |
[06:34] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[06:38] | Graham. | |
[06:40] | – Any idea why we’ve been summoned here? – Not ???? | 知道我们为什么被叫来这里吗 完全不知 |
[06:43] | Look at that. | 瞧啊 |
[06:45] | All my favourite people in one place. | 所有我喜欢的人都齐聚一堂 |
[06:50] | You’re looking… | 你看起来… |
[06:52] | well-rested. | 休息充足 Dubois夫人 |
[07:01] | Shall we adjourn to the conference room? | Stacey先生 我们移步到会议室怎样 |
[07:09] | You may not believe this, but I’ve actually found myself drawn | 你可能不相信 |
[07:13] | in a very, | 但我现在对这个案子… |
[07:15] | personal way, to this case. | 相当的投入 |
[07:18] | We appreciate that. | 感激你的尽职 Tom |
[07:19] | I know it gets my client an enormous comfort to know that | 我想我当事人知道 |
[07:22] | District Attorney’s office is as consumed with | 地方检察官和我们一样 |
[07:24] | finding the perpetrator of this horrible crime as we are. | 希望能找到这起骇人 惨案的凶手定会宽心不少 |
[07:33] | Mr. Stacey, are you all right? | Stacey先生 你还好吗 |
[07:37] | Why is that here? | 为什么…为什么这个会在这里 |
[07:40] | The picture of Mary. Why is there a picture of my dead wife in here? | Mary的照片… 为何我亡妻的照片在这里 |
[07:44] | Why? | 为何? |
[07:47] | I think it’s important for us to stay focused. | 有助于帮我们集中精神 Stacey先生 |
[07:51] | Your wife is what’s brougth us to this room today. | 正是你妻子把我们带来这里的 |
[07:55] | Her heinous murder. | 她那令人发指的谋杀 |
[07:57] | The extraordinarily cruel circumstances under which she lost her life. | 在极端残忍的状况下失去生命 |
[08:01] | And until the person who is responsible for that is behind bars, | 直到罪犯入狱 |
[08:05] | I want that picture there, | 我都会把照片摆在这时刻提醒自己 |
[08:07] | to keep me honest, to keep me focused. | 让我格外警醒 |
[08:12] | I’m not sure you understand, Just what is it we’re all doing here? | 我还是不明白 Tom 我们究竟为何来此 |
[08:16] | Isn’t it obvious, Manuel? | 这不是显而易见吗 Manuel |
[08:18] | We’re here to arrest your client for the murder of his wife, Mary Stacey. | 来这是要以杀妻Mary Stacey的 罪名逮捕你的当事人 |
[08:23] | – What? – What grounds? | – 上帝 – 什么? 有何凭证 |
[08:25] | What grounds would you like? | 你想要何凭证 Manuel? |
[08:26] | We have your client at the scene, | 他在案发现场出现 |
[08:29] | we have traces of the accelerant used in the fire on his clothing | 我们还在他的衣物上找到 用来纵火的助燃物 |
[08:33] | and now we have motive. | 现在…我们也找到了作案动机 |
[08:34] | What motive? | 作案动机? 什么作案动机? |
[08:38] | Send him in, please. | 让他进来 |
[08:47] | Detective Scanlon, would you be so kind as to share with our guests | Scanlon警探 能否何我们的客人分享一下 |
[08:50] | the discovery you made this morning? | 今天早晨你的发现呢 |
[09:00] | Less than a year ago Mr. Stacey took out a | 不到一年前Stacey先生给他妻子 |
[09:02] | seven million dollar life insurance policy on Mrs Stacey. | 投保了700万元的人寿保险 |
[09:07] | Is this true, Graham? | 是真的吗 Graham |
[09:09] | The life insurance policy was my wife’s idea. | 投保人寿保险是我妻子的主意 |
[09:12] | She wanted me to buy it, I was just trying to make her happy. | 她想让我买 我只想让她开心 |
[09:14] | – Why don’t you read him his rights. – Wait a second. | – 我们为什么不告诉他有什么权利呢 警探 |
[09:18] | I don’t even want the money. I never wanted it. | – 请等一下 我根本不想要钱 也没想过要钱 |
[09:21] | The charity can have it all for all I care. | 我完全不在意 给慈善机构不就得了 |
[09:23] | What charity? | – 什么慈善机构? |
[09:24] | My wife’s charity, she’s got this thing, the Dearbrook foundation. | – 我妻子的慈善机构 她创立了迪尔伯恩基金会 |
[09:27] | They do medical care for poor people. | 他们给穷人治病 |
[09:30] | Let’s give it to them, they would have got it all anyway. | 把钱给他们吧 反正最后也会给他们 |
[09:33] | – If we had died together… – But you didn’t die together, | – 如果我们一起死了的话 – 但你们没有一起死掉 Stacey先生 |
[09:37] | because I believed you killed her. | 因为你杀了她 |
[09:40] | Read him his rights. | 宣布他的权利 警探 |
[09:42] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[09:44] | Anything you say can and will be used against you… | 你所说的每句话将成为呈堂证供 |
[09:46] | You can’t let them, there’s gotta be a way to stop this. | 你不能让他们这样做 肯定有办法制止他们的 |
[09:48] | I understand how you feel, but if you could just hold down until the bail hearing | 我明白你的感受 但如果 你能撑到保释听证会 |
[09:52] | I think I can convince the judge that you’re not a flight risk. | 我想我能说服法官你不会对社会造成危害 |
[09:55] | You think? | 你想? |
[09:56] | You were the District Attorney, that’s the whole reason I hired you. | 你当过地方检察官 所以我才雇你 |
[10:08] | Hope you’re not serious about this bail hearing bussiness. | 关于保释听证会的事 你不是认真的吧 |
[10:11] | Trust me, as acting District Attorney, that man is not gonna say daylight. | 相信我 作为代理地方检察官 我决不会让那个人见天日 |
[10:17] | I don’t care how much bail you pledge. | 我不管你申请多少保释金 |
[10:20] | Take your hand off my shoulder. | 把你的手拿开 我只是想让你免受羞辱 |
[10:28] | Just trying to spare you the humilliation. | 虽然 我觉得那样会非常有趣 |
[10:32] | Although, | – 嘿 |
[10:34] | I do think it would be awfully entertaining. | – 嘿 |
[10:56] | It’s my locker. | 那是我的柜子 |
[10:58] | I know. Need to get in it? | 我知道 |
[11:01] | Not really. | 你要用吗 也没有 |
[11:03] | You’re Owen, right? | 你叫Owen 对吧 |
[11:08] | I’m really sorry about your mother. | 你妈妈的事情我很遗憾 |
[11:12] | You got my things. | 你拿了我的东西 |
[11:14] | You touched my things. | 碰了我的东西 |
[11:16] | The principal asked me to. | 校长要我那么做的 |
[11:19] | I know about your mother. | 我知道你妈妈的事 |
[11:21] | I’ve heard stories about you. | 我听说过你的事 |
[11:24] | Did you see anyting? | 你看到什么了吗 |
[11:26] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[11:28] | When you touched my things. | 我是说你碰我东西的时候 |
[11:31] | There was a postcard in there from her. | 里面有一张她寄来的明信片 |
[11:33] | I was just hoping that maybe… | 我只是希望或许… |
[11:36] | I just heard that | 我听说像你这样的人 |
[11:38] | when people like you touch things from | 碰触往生人的东西后… |
[11:40] | people who have… | 没有 |
[11:44] | I didn’t see anything. | 我什么都没看到 |
[11:48] | Actually, it never happened to me before. | 这种事从未在我身上发生过 |
[11:55] | I love my dad, | 我爱我爸爸 |
[11:57] | but he’s a very serious guy. | 但他是个很严肃的人 |
[12:00] | He and my mom divorced when I was three. | 在我三岁的时候他们离婚了 |
[12:04] | But my mom… | 但是我妈妈… |
[12:07] | she was crazy. | 非常疯狂 |
[12:10] | It was like, | 你知道 |
[12:11] | a really cool kind of crazy. | 是那种非常酷的疯狂 |
[12:15] | Playing practical jokes and, | 搞恶作剧 |
[12:17] | throwing parties and going on trips. | 开派对 到处旅行 |
[12:20] | When I’d get to be with her, which wasn’t very often, | 当我和她在一起时 当然这并不多见 |
[12:26] | we always talked about running away. | 我们就谈论着远走高飞 |
[12:29] | Maybe moving to Europe. | – 也许搬到欧洲 |
[12:31] | Barcelona? | – 去巴塞罗那 |
[12:33] | Yeah, Barcelona. | 对 巴塞罗那 |
[12:37] | It’s her favourite place in the world. | 那是她最喜欢的地方 |
[12:40] | She always said that’s where she wanted to be buried. | 她总是说想葬在那里 |
[12:45] | I don’t think that’s gonna happen now. | 但我想现在已经不可能了 |
[12:51] | Think I should get to class. | – 我要去上课了 |
[12:53] | Me too. | – 我也该上课了 |
[13:08] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[13:14] | You work with somebody for years… | 大家曾经共事这么多年 真是… |
[13:16] | What did he say? | – 好的 他说什么了? – 他说什么了? |
[13:18] | I’ll tell you what he said. | 我来告诉你他说了什么 |
[13:20] | He said that I probably ought to wrap my head around the possibility | 他说我或许该承认 |
[13:23] | – that my client is actually guilty. – But he can’t know that. | 我的当事人确实有有罪的可能性 但他也不能确定 |
[13:26] | He sure acts like he knows it. | 他表现的好像他能确定一样 |
[13:28] | – Did you mention the suicide thing again? – I certainly did. | – 你提到那个自杀倾向的事儿了吗? – 噢 我当然提了 |
[13:31] | And he thought the medical examiner is gonna have a tough time with that. | – 然后呢? – 他觉得法医们可能很难证明这一点 |
[13:34] | What do you mean, medical examiner? | 你说法医 是什么意思? |
[13:36] | It turns out that the medical examiner just completed his examination | 法医刚好给出了对Stacey夫人 |
[13:39] | on Mrs. Stacey’s remains. | 遗骸的检查结果 |
[13:41] | Her skull revealed a variety of bump forced trauma to the face and head. | 她的头骨显示 她的面部及头部曾经受过重创 好的 好吧… |
[13:47] | Could she have maybe fallen, disoriented herself? | 她会不会摔倒过 或者神志不清 |
[13:50] | She was struck, multiple times. | 她被袭击过 Allison 多次重击 |
[13:53] | And in my experience, people don’t normally strike themselves | 以我的经验看来 |
[13:55] | prior to commiting suicide. | 人在自杀前一般不会重击自己 知道吗 |
[13:59] | I’ve spent the better part of my adult life sending guilty people to prison. | 我入社会后的大部分时间 都用来把罪犯镇法 |
[14:02] | I know what guilty man look like, and this guy… | 我知道罪犯是什么样的 但这个人? |
[14:07] | I just don’t believe it. | 我就是不相信他是罪犯 |
[14:10] | Let’s get out of here. | 走吧 我们走吧 |
[14:12] | February 9th, 1964. | 1964年2月9日 |
[14:15] | – I’m lying in the hospital… – Not this again. | – 我躺在医院里… – 不 不要再说这个了 妈妈 |
[14:18] | – waiting for this guy to finally arrive. – She knows that’s not my birthday. | – 等这个小家伙的最终到来 – 妈妈 她知道那不是我的生日 |
[14:23] | And on the television, | 电视里正在播放披头士乐队 |
[14:25] | The Beatles are making their 1st appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show. | 在Ed Sullivan秀里的第一次演出 |
[14:29] | This is all a lie. | 你知道这都是骗人的 |
[14:32] | And they walk out on stage, the 4 moptops, they called them. | 他们走上舞台 他们被称为四个拖把头… |
[14:36] | She knows when my birthday is, she’s my wife. | 妈妈 她知道我的生日 她是我妻子 |
[14:39] | She knows what year I was born. | 她知道我哪年生的 |
[14:42] | And all the girls in the audience start screaming. | 观众中的女孩都开始尖叫 |
[14:46] | And at the same exact moment, amazingly, | 就在那个时刻 |
[14:49] | this one arrives. | 神奇的是 这个人诞生了 |
[14:51] | And so, of course I start screaming then too. | 然后 当然 我也开始尖叫 |
[14:54] | I don’t even think they had TV back then. | 妈妈 我觉得当时医院里 还没有电视机 |
[14:56] | I’m convinced that something magical happened. | – 我确信了奇妙的事情发生了 – 我觉得当时医院肯定没有电视机 |
[15:00] | because ever since then, we can’t get this boy to get a proper haircut. | 因为 从那开始 我们怎么也没法给这孩子理个像样的头 |
[15:06] | – Moptop. – Mom, please… | – 拖把头 – 妈妈 别弄… |
[15:08] | What are we gonna do with you? | – 我们该拿你怎么办呢? – 把手从我头发上拿开 |
[15:11] | Okay, that’s it. | – 我们该对他做些什么? – 好了 就这样吧 |
[15:12] | That’s enough. | 就这样吧 够了 |
[15:14] | I’m not gonna be manhandled and libeled by my mother. | 我不能让老妈继续对我 进行攻击和诽谤了 |
[15:18] | Not unless there’s another check in it. | 除非再来张支票 |
[15:23] | Gimme a kiss. | 给我一个吻 |
[15:24] | I got kids to take to school in the morning. | 我明天早上要送孩子上学 |
[15:26] | I’m just saying… | 说说而已… |
[15:28] | Bye mom. Don’t keep her up too late. | 晚安 妈妈 别让她睡的太迟 |
[15:31] | I heard you, Ringo | 听到了 Ringo(披头士的鼓手) |
[15:46] | I have to tell him. | 我得告诉他 |
[15:50] | I have never kept a secret from him, not ever. | 我从没有秘密隐瞒他 从没有 |
[15:53] | Really? | 真的? |
[15:59] | So you can keep a secret from me for 15 years, | 你能对我隐藏一个秘密15年 |
[16:03] | but you can’t keep a secret from your husband for a week and a half. | 但却不能对你丈夫隐瞒一个半星期? |
[16:08] | I find that hard to believe. | 这让人难以置信 Allison |
[16:15] | It’s time for bed. | 走吧 该睡觉了 |
[16:17] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[16:19] | Maybe you’ll dream me some good news. | 或许你能梦到什么好消息呢? |
[16:25] | It almost never works with people I’m close to. | 对我身边的人 一般不起作用 |
[16:29] | And I’ve never been able to make it work on demand. | 而且也从没在我指定的情况下 有过感应 |
[16:32] | You know what the doctors tell me? | 知道医生和我说什么了吗? |
[16:35] | 60% of this battle is being positive, | 这场与病魔的抗争主要在于乐观 |
[16:38] | thinking positively. | 乐观的看事情 |
[16:41] | So think good thoughts. | 所以往好的方面想 Allison |
[16:44] | Dream good dreams. | 做些美梦 |
[16:54] | I don’t understand! | 我不明白… |
[16:55] | What is there to understand? I don’t want to see you. | 有什么好明白的? 我不想见你 |
[16:59] | I want you out of here, I want you off my property. | 我想要你离开 离开我家 |
[17:02] | This is still our property. | 等等 是我们家 这还是我们俩的家 |
[17:03] | If you don’t want me here what was that call about? | 如果你不希望我在这儿 那你为什么打那个电话? |
[17:06] | I don’t know, Graham. | 我不知道 我不知道 Graham |
[17:07] | I had some wine at dinner, maybe I drunk too much. | 我晚饭喝了点酒 可能喝多了 |
[17:11] | Just… | 请…离开 |
[17:12] | leave, loser. | 失败者 |
[17:14] | I don’t get this! | – 我就是不明白了! – 是的 是的 是的 |
[17:15] | That’s the entire reason this marriage no longer works, | 这就是我们婚姻无法继续的原因 |
[17:19] | because you don’t get anything. You certainly don’t get me. | 因为你什么都明白不了 很明显你也不了解我 |
[17:22] | Which is why, for the rest of all time you don’t get me. | 这就是为什么 你以后也得不到我 |
[17:26] | – Get me?! – Would you keep your voice down? | 明白我的话不? 你能说轻点儿吗? 想让邻居听到吗? |
[17:28] | He don’t get it, and now he ain’t never gonna get it! | 哦 他不明白! 现在他永远也不会明白 (转意: 他没有得到过 也再也不会得到) |
[17:31] | And even when he could get it, he didn’t know how to give it! | 即使他能够得到的时候 他也不知道该如何把握 嘿 你… |
[17:38] | What the hell are you doing? | 嘿 你究竟想干嘛? |
[17:41] | Are you crazy? That’s turpentine! | 噢 你疯了 这是松脂油 |
[17:43] | Get out. | – 出去! 滚出去! 滚! – 好吧 |
[18:06] | You get him? | 你泼到他了? |
[18:07] | Smelled like a paint locker when he left here. | 他离开的时候 闻上去就像个油漆柜 |
[18:36] | Coffee. You shouldn’t have gone into all that trouble, what do I owe you? | 啊 咖啡 你不用这么客气 这怎么好意思? |
[18:39] | What are you doin’ here? How’d you get in? | 你在我办公室里干嘛? 你怎么进来的? |
[18:41] | You know how I got in here. | 你知道我怎么进来的 |
[18:43] | Breaking and entering? That’s illegal. | 非法入侵– 这是非法的 |
[18:45] | You’re right, when we’re done here, | 猜对了 等我们谈完了 |
[18:48] | I’ll arrest myself. | 我会把我自己抓起来 |
[18:50] | Get off from beyond my desk. | 从我的位置上起来 |
[18:54] | Absolutely. Listen, Manny, I don’t mean to upset you. | 当然可以 听着 Manny 我不是故意来刺激你的 我只是… |
[18:58] | It’s this Graham Stacey thing. | 是关于Graham Stacey的案子 |
[19:01] | I’d like it to work for everyone, and I think maybe I can make it happen. | 我希望对所有人都公平 我或许可以做到 |
[19:05] | Really? | 是吗? |
[19:06] | If you wanted to make | 我是说 |
[19:08] | some kind of a deal I would be willing to take it to the District Attorney and, | 如果你愿意做些协议 我会愿意转达地方检察官 |
[19:11] | use every bit of influence that I have. | 并调用我所有的影响力 |
[19:14] | Really, you? Influence? | 是吗? 就你? 还影响力? |
[19:17] | And as far as deals are, no deal is coming, I told you. | 说到协议 不会谈任何协议 我跟你说过 |
[19:20] | – I believe Graham Stacey is innocent. – Wake up and smell the coffee. | – 我相信Graham Stacey是无辜的 – Manny 清醒点儿吧 |
[19:23] | You wake up and smell the coffee. The man you work for, you want me to make a deal | 不 你清醒点儿吧 你给他跑腿的那个人 那个你让我跟他谈协议的人 |
[19:27] | with my old friend Tom Van Dyke? He can’t be trusted. | 我的老朋友Tom Van Dyke– 他不可信 |
[19:30] | – He’s a ruthless, arrogant, dangerous man. – Exactly, that’s why I’m here. | 他是一个无情 狂妄 危险的家伙 完全正确 |
[19:35] | He wants to squash you with this case. it’s not enough that he has your job, | 这就是我来这儿的原因 Manny 他想在这案子上打垮你 你的职位还不能满足他 |
[19:38] | he wants to discredit you, embarrass you. | 他还想毁了你的信誉 让你下不了台 |
[19:40] | and he’s got at me gathering evidence to do it, and I’ll tell you, | 他让我搜集证据来达到目的 我必需要告诉你 |
[19:43] | his case against Graham Stacey isn’t getting weaker. | 他起诉Graham Stacey的胜算可是 只升未降啊 |
[19:46] | Make the deal, Manny. | 跟他做协议吧 |
[19:48] | Do it now, | Manny 现在就做 |
[19:49] | and let me out. | 让我帮你 |
[19:54] | You didn’t mention that Lee was gonna be joining us. | 嗨 你没提过Lee也在 |
[19:59] | I’m not psychic. | 是的 我又不是灵媒 |
[20:01] | You may wanna hear this too. | 你或许想听听这个 |
[20:03] | I had a dream last night. | 昨晚我做了个梦 |
[20:05] | It was about the night that Graham Stacey’s wife was killed. | 就是关于Graham Stacey的 老婆被杀的那晚 |
[20:08] | I saw them argueing in the garage. | 我看到他们在车库里争吵 |
[20:10] | Everything happened the way that Graham said it did. | 所有事都和Graham说得一样 好的 |
[20:14] | Except, after the fight was over after Graham left, | 除了一件事 争吵结束 Graham离开之后 |
[20:18] | I saw someone else in the house. | 我看到有另一个人在房子里 |
[20:20] | Another man. | 另一个男人 |
[20:21] | A dentist. | 一个牙医 |
[20:24] | I’ve been dreaming about him lately, he’s a bad man. | 我最近经常梦到这个牙医 他不是好人 |
[20:27] | I think he may have killed Mary Stacey | 我想或许是他杀了Mary Stacey |
[20:30] | Did you say dentist? | 你是说”牙医”吗? |
[20:33] | Wouldn’t be this guy, would he? | 不会是这个家伙吧? |
[20:37] | As soon as you said dentist, | 因为你提到了”牙医” |
[20:39] | jogged my memory. | 我即刻想起来这个人 |
[20:41] | Do you remember when you asked Graham about the insurance policy on his wife? | 还记得你问Graham 给他妻子买人寿保险的事吗? |
[20:45] | That he didn’t care about the money, | 他说他不想要那些钱 |
[20:46] | it could go to his wife’s charity, for all he cared. | 可以都捐给她妻子的慈善基金会 |
[20:49] | – The Dearbrook Foundation. – This man, this dentist? | – Dearbrook慈善基金 |
[20:52] | Leo Krane. | – 这个男人 这个牙医? |
[20:54] | He’s chairman at that foundation. | 他是那个慈善基金会的主席 噢 |
[21:00] | Oh, my god, I didn’t realize there would be 3 of you. | 天哪 没想到你们来了三个人 |
[21:02] | I’m detective Lee Scanlon. | 我是Lee Scanlon警探 |
[21:04] | This is my colleague Allison Dubois | 这是我的同事 Allison Dubois |
[21:07] | – Manuel Devalos – Doctor. | – 医生 |
[21:08] | He’s an attorney, | 他是本案一个主要当事人的辩护律师 |
[21:10] | from one of the principals involved in the case that we’re investigating. | 哇 看来找我肯定是有重要事 |
[21:14] | This must be important? | 呃 我们正在调查一起案件 |
[21:17] | We’re investigating the death of a woman named Mary Stacey. | 死者是个名叫Mary Stacey的女性 |
[21:20] | It’s our understanding that you were acquainted with her. | 据我们了解 你认识死者 |
[21:23] | My god, yes. | 噢… 天哪 是的 |
[21:25] | Lovely lady. | 可爱的女士 |
[21:26] | Lots of fun. | 风趣无比 |
[21:28] | She did work for the Dearbrook Foundation. That’s a charity I’m involved with. | 她在Deerbrook慈善基金会工作 我也在那个基金会里工作 |
[21:33] | We provide dental and medical care for marginalized members of the community. | 我们为生活在社会边缘的人 提供牙病和医疗服务 |
[21:38] | It’s horrible what happened to her. | 她的遭遇太可怕了 |
[21:40] | Just horrible. | 真是太可怕了 |
[21:42] | I heard on the news you arrested her husband? | 我看到新闻 你们逮捕了她的丈夫? |
[21:44] | They certainly didn’t. | 他们确实逮捕了他 |
[21:46] | I’m actually representing Mr. Stacey in this matter. | 事实上我是Stacey先生的辩护律师 |
[21:52] | I only met him once, but, I’d be lying to you if I told you I saw | 我只见过他一次 |
[21:55] | any incline he was capable of this sort of thing. | 但我可没看出来 他能做出这般事情 |
[21:57] | Were you aware there was a $7 million life insurance policy on Mary Stacey? | 你知道Mary Stacey 名下有700万的人寿保险吗? |
[22:02] | No. | 不 |
[22:04] | I worked with her, but we were hardly what you would call close | 我是说 我和她一起工作 但我们并不算很熟 |
[22:07] | You wouldn’t be to share any light on who the beneficiary might be? | 你不知道这份保险的受益人会是谁? |
[22:12] | I’ve no idea. | 我不知道 |
[22:14] | Her husband, maybe? | 她丈夫 或许? |
[22:16] | But I would think that information would be pretty easy to get. | 但我觉得 这似乎很容易弄清楚 |
[22:20] | – You thinking that’s why he killed her? – Actually, Dr. Krane, | – 你们觉得这是她被杀的原因? – 事实上 Karane医生 |
[22:23] | the police are already well aware that my client is the primary beneficiary. | 警察已经知道我的当事人 是那份保险的第一受益人 |
[22:27] | But the second beneficiary, should, | 但在Stacey先生无法得到受益的情况下 |
[22:30] | Mr. Stacey be unable to collect, either | |
[22:33] | because he perished at the same time as Mrs. Stacey, | — 如果他和Stacey同时死亡 |
[22:36] | or say because, | 或者说 |
[22:38] | he was accused of murder and faced a life or incarceration, | 他被控诉为谋杀犯 接受终身监禁的话 |
[22:42] | would be the Dearbrook Foundation. | 保险的第二受益人 就是Deerbrook慈善基金会 |
[22:55] | I swear to you I had no idea. | 我发誓 我对此一无所知 |
[23:00] | I sensed Mary got a certain satisfaction from the work she did with us. | 我确实感受到Mary对我们所从事 的工作相当有满足感 但是… |
[23:03] | Why would a person do such a thing? | 为什么她会这么做? 我猜 |
[23:07] | I suppose if they didn’t have kids, and no one to pass the money on to. | 他们是不是没有孩子 没人能继承这份受益金… |
[23:12] | Actually, she did have a child. | 事实上 她有一个孩子 |
[23:14] | A son from a previous marriage, she didn’t see him much. | 和她前夫有一个儿子 她不常去看他 |
[23:16] | It was an ugly custody situation, but still… | 争斗不断的监护权问题 但还是… |
[23:19] | Did you know, as chairman of the Foundation, | 你是否知道 |
[23:21] | that you would have sole discretion, in deciding | 作为基金会的主席 |
[23:23] | how to spend any moneys that found their way into Dearbrook? | 你是唯一有权力 调用所有入账Deerbrook基金的人 |
[23:26] | Dr. Krane, | Krane医生 |
[23:28] | it would really help us if you could tell us where you were 3 nights ago. | 这对我们有很大的帮助 如果你能说出三天前那晚你在哪里 |
[23:31] | Around 9:30 p.m. | 晚上9点半左右 |
[23:35] | – Should I be calling an attorney? – I don’t know. | – 我需要请律师来吗? – 我不知道 |
[23:38] | Should you be? | 你该请吗? |
[23:43] | I’ve done a lot of charity work for this city. | 知道吗 我在这个城市 做了很多慈善工作 |
[23:45] | 9:30 p.m., Dr. Krane, 3 nights ago. | 三天前 晚上9点 Krane医生 – |
[23:54] | I’m divorced, 6 years now. | 知道吗 呃 我离婚6年了 – Krane医生 |
[24:00] | Are you all familiar with Van Buren street? | 你对Van Buren街熟悉吗? |
[24:06] | I got through my last patient at around… | 我看完最后一个病人 |
[24:09] | 8 o’clock. | 大概 呃…8点左右 |
[24:10] | I closed up the office, I went up to my car… | 关了诊所 我拿了车 |
[24:13] | I drove by Van Buren. | 去了Van Buren街 |
[24:15] | It’s not the 1st time. | 我不是第一次去那里 |
[24:20] | There was this girl… | 那儿有个姑娘 |
[24:24] | Dark hair, | 深色的头发 |
[24:25] | pretty mouth… | 性感的嘴 |
[24:32] | 21 or 22. This isn’t exactly something I’m proud of. | 大概21 22岁左右 这不是什么让我引以为傲的事 |
[24:36] | You’re saying she’s your alibi? | 你是说她是你的时间证人? |
[24:41] | Were you with her all night? | 你整晚和她在一起? 你带她去了旅店 |
[24:47] | Did you bring her back to a motel, place where somebody could have seen her? | 或者什么地方有人看到她的? 没有 |
[24:52] | I brought her to my office. | 我把她带去了我的办公室 |
[24:55] | Did you get a name? | – 知道她的名字吗? |
[24:56] | What for? | – 为什么会知道? |
[24:59] | But she’s always there. | 但她…总在那儿 |
[25:02] | I’ve seen her there since, through my windshield out of Van Buren | 我是说 打从那次之后我在Van Buren街上 |
[25:06] | I’ll be right back, I’ve got patients backed up | 透过车窗看到过她 呃 我马上回来 有病人在等 |
[25:10] | Let me just let them know, | 我只是去告诉他们 |
[25:13] | I will be running late. | 我要耽误一会儿 |
[25:19] | Interesting alibi. Hooker with no name. I know I’m convinced. | 有趣不在场证明 无名的妓女 我”买”他的帐 |
[25:24] | Actually for the most part, | 事实上 |
[25:27] | I think he’s telling the truth. | 大体上 我觉得他说的是实话 |
[25:29] | Great. So now, you’re this doctor’s alibi? | 现在你变成那个医生的不在场证明了? 不是 |
[25:34] | Kind of, I suppose, but he doesn’t know that. | 恩 也可以这么说 但是他不知道这点 |
[25:39] | It’s hard to believe a man of his standing in the community | 如果那些不是事实的话 |
[25:42] | would admit to the kind of things he’s admitted to if they weren’t true. | 很难想象他这种身份的人 |
[25:46] | If he wasn’t trying everything in his power to prove us | 会承认这些事情 除非他在竭尽全力的想要向我们证实 |
[25:49] | he has nothing to do with Mary Stacey’s murder. | 他和Mary Stacey的谋杀案无关 |
[25:52] | Did he mention anything about drugging her? | 是啊 那他有没有提到麻醉她 |
[25:55] | Doing all that dental work? Hitting her? | 做牙齿手术? 暴打她? |
[25:57] | No, neither did I. | 没有 我也没有 |
[25:59] | I’ve been wrong about so many things. | 我曾经搞错过很多事 |
[26:03] | Devalos is so devastated. | Devalos无可奈何呀 |
[26:06] | He really wants to believe that his client’s innocent. | 他真的很想相信他的委托人是清白的 |
[26:09] | And Cynthia Keener is thrilled | 但是Cynthia Keener乐坏了 |
[26:11] | now that Scanlon has every cop on the street looking for Sally. | 因为Scanlon调动街上所有巡警寻找Sally |
[26:15] | She was more than happy to call Sally’s parents to take all the credit. | 她乐不得的打电话告知Sally的父母 把功劳都揽在自己身上 |
[26:21] | Psychic’s my kick, nothing ever turns out the way I suspect. | 预凶不讨好 (“天生冤家”里面一集) 没有一件事和我料想的一样 |
[26:26] | You think I’d know by now. | 你认为我现在全明白了吗 恩 |
[26:32] | Obviously is not the moment, to ask my instinct about something? | 显然现在不是个 问你对某事有何直觉的好时机 |
[26:36] | Don’t be silly, I’m a glutton for punishment. | 别傻了 我乐意受罚 |
[26:40] | Do you think maybe my mom is keeping something from me? | 你觉得我妈妈是不是瞒着我什么? |
[26:44] | Like what? | 比如呢? |
[26:45] | I don’t know, I’m starting to think that this whole thing is really, | 我不知道 |
[26:48] | kind of strange. | 只是开始觉的整件事都有点奇怪 |
[26:50] | Her flying out of here to spread the moment, | 她马不停蹄的飞到这里来给我张支票 |
[26:52] | give a check that she could quite easily have mailed. | 她本可以很轻松邮寄过来的 |
[26:54] | That “do it” look she gets in her eyes whenever she so much as glances, | 她看你 |
[26:58] | at you, me, the kids. | 我和孩子们时 眼里总是饱含深情 |
[27:00] | Next day, she’s taking a nap and the phone rang. | 还有今天电话响时她在打盹 |
[27:02] | It was the airline, confirming a flight back | 那是航空公司打来确认她回程的航班 |
[27:04] | and saying that they were upgrade her business. | 还说他们能把她的座位升到商务舱 |
[27:08] | So? | 好的 那怎么了 |
[27:09] | So they were confirming a flight back to Minneapolis. | 怎么了 他们确认的她的回程航班 是去明尼阿波利斯市的 |
[27:12] | She lives in Crosspoint, Michigan, not Minneapolis. | 她住在密歇根州的格洛斯波因 不是明尼阿波利斯市 |
[27:16] | I don’t know what to say, maybe you should ask her. | 恩 我不知道该说什么 也许你可以问问她 |
[27:18] | I did, when she woke up. And she said that she was, | 是的 当她醒了后我问了 |
[27:21] | visiting a friend but I never heard her mention anyone in Minneapolis before. | 而她只是说她要去拜访个朋友 但我之前从没听她提起过 在明尼阿波利斯市有有熟人 |
[27:28] | I don’t know what to tell you, maybe it’s a man, maybe she’s embarrassed. | 我不知道该对你说什么 或许是个男人 或许她觉得尴尬 |
[27:35] | I hadn’t thought about that. | 我倒没想到过这点 |
[27:37] | Did she say something to you? | 她和你说过什么吗? |
[27:39] | About a man? No. | 关于男人? 没有 |
[27:44] | Actually, that would kind of make sense. | 事实上 这大概能说的通 |
[27:46] | I kind of almost believe that. | 我几乎就要相信了 |
[27:49] | Explains the “do it” looks too. | 这也能解释她深情的眼神 |
[27:53] | Maybe you’re not on the fritz after all. | 嘿 也许你并没”失灵” |
[27:58] | From your lips. | 能听到你这么说… |
[28:59] | Wait. | 等一下 等一下 |
[29:00] | Now you’re saying Leo Krane did kill Mary Stacey? | 现在你是说的确是Leo Krane杀了 |
[29:03] | I know, I sound like I’m contradicting myself, but, | 我知道我听起来前后矛盾 但是… |
[29:06] | I just saw it, I just dreamt it, there’s nothing vague or uncertain about it. | 我刚看见了 刚梦见了 而且这里面没有任何含糊或不确定 |
[29:10] | Leo Krane, the dentist that we visited this afternoon, | 我们今天下午拜访的那个牙医 |
[29:13] | douse that house with something and burnt that woman alive. | 往那房子里泼了什么药剂之后 活活把那个女人烧死了 |
[29:17] | If you say so. | 好吧 如果你这么说的话 |
[29:19] | What is that supposed to mean? | 那意味着什么? |
[29:20] | That means it’s barely 4 o’clock in the morning. | 意味什么? 这意味着现在还不到早上4点 |
[29:23] | And frankly, I don’t know what you expect me to do about it. | 而且 坦白说 我不知道你想要我对此做些什么 |
[29:26] | You say Leo’s innocent, the evidence says otherwise. | 你说Leo是无辜的 证据显示确恰恰相反 |
[29:28] | What evidence? | 等等 什么证据? |
[29:30] | For one thing, his alibi checks out. | 首先 他的不在场证明被证实了 |
[29:32] | You’re kidding me. | 有没有搞错 |
[29:34] | We recanvassed the Van Buren area, one of the working girls | 我们重新调查了Van Buren街区 |
[29:37] | actually does remember seeing Sally Greer getting into a car | 结果有一个”小姐”的确记得 那天晚上看见Sally |
[29:40] | matching Leo Krane’s that night. | Greer进了一辆车 妈妈? |
[29:47] | I know, I saw that too. | 我知道 我也看见了 |
[29:49] | I want Manny to be right just as much as you do, but it’s hard to understand | 听着 我和你一样希望Manny是对的 |
[29:52] | why Krane would go to all the trouble of picking up a hooker | 但是很能理解为什么Leo Krane费这么大劲 |
[29:54] | on Van Buren Street just that he could race across town, | 在Van Buren大街搭上一个妓女 |
[29:57] | and set Mary Stacey and her house on fire. | 再横穿整个城市 然后去Mary Stacey家去放火 |
[29:59] | I’m sorry but all the evidence still points to Manny’s client, | 对不起 所有证据还是表明Manny |
[30:02] | being guilty as hell. I know he’ll sweat at that bail hearing tomorrow. | 的委托人绝对有罪 我也知道他很担心明天的保释听证 |
[30:06] | I really wish I had something for him. | 我真心希望能为他做点什么 但你知道 |
[30:10] | You got about 30 hours left, anything can happen. | 你们还有30个小时 任何事都可能发生 |
[30:14] | Yeah, anything can happen. | 是啊 任何事都可能发生 |
[30:19] | You’re okay? | 妈妈 你还好吗? 还好 |
[30:21] | What are you doing up? It’s barely 4 in the morning. | 亲爱的 你起来做什么? 现在还不到早上4点 |
[30:25] | I had that dream again. | 又做了那个梦 |
[30:27] | Heard you walking down the hall. | 听见你在走廊走动 |
[30:29] | You’re sure you’re ok? | – 你确定你没事? – 没事 |
[30:31] | Tell me about your dream. | 告诉我你的梦 |
[30:34] | There’s really nothing to tell, it’s the same thing, | 真的没什么好说的 |
[30:36] | the woman pours gasoline all over herself, | 和以前一样的 |
[30:39] | and then lights herself in fire. | 那个女人把汽油浇遍了全身 然后把自己点燃了 |
[30:41] | Except for this time she did it in Barcelona. | 只是这一次 |
[30:45] | Barcelona? | 她是在巴塞罗那这么做的 巴塞罗那 |
[30:47] | I don’t know how. | 我不知道怎么知道的 |
[30:49] | I just know it was there. | 我就是知道是在那里 |
[30:50] | Owen told me it was one of her favourite places. | Owen告诉过我那是她 最喜欢的地方之一 |
[30:53] | She actually wanted to be buried there. | 她还想自己死后在那里下葬 |
[30:56] | But what I don’t understand is why I keep seing it. | 但我不明白的是为什么我总是梦见这个 |
[30:59] | And you told me that’s not how it happened. | 你告诉过我事情不是这样发生的 |
[31:01] | She didn’t kill herself, then why do I keep seeing it that way in my dreams? | 她根本不是自杀的 那么为什么我总是梦见自杀呢? |
[31:05] | I don’t know, sweetie, I keep seeing things I can’t make sense of, either. | 我不知道 甜心 我也经常梦见我不能理解的事情 我是说 如果她还活着 我能理解会 可以去做某些事 去某些地方 阻止某些事发生 |
[31:10] | If she were alive, I’d understand | |
[31:12] | that we’ve something to do some place to go, something to stop. | |
[31:17] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[31:19] | Say that again. | 再说一遍 |
[31:20] | – What? – What you just said. | – 什么? -你刚才说的 |
[31:22] | If she were alive, there’d be something to do, some place to go, | 如果她还活着 可以去做某些事 |
[31:24] | something to stop. | 去某些地方 阻止某些事发生 |
[31:26] | You just said it. | – 恩 |
[31:27] | Honey, do me a favour, when daddy wakes up tell him | 你又说了一遍 – 亲爱的 |
[31:30] | I need him to take you guys to school. | 帮我个忙 当你爸爸醒了 告诉他我要他送你们去上学 |
[31:32] | – Where are you going? – I’m going to see Cynthia Keener. | – 你要去哪? – 我要去见Cynthia Keener |
[31:35] | But it’s really early in the morning. | 可是现在真的还很早 |
[31:37] | She loves it when I do that. | 是啊 她就喜欢我这么做 |
[31:47] | I hope you have something more meaningful to tell me this time. | 我希望这次你能告诉我一些 更有意义的东西 |
[31:50] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[31:52] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[31:53] | I have nothing to offer you as an employee. | 作为一个员工 我没有什么可提供的 |
[31:56] | I would like to hire you, though. | 但我想要雇佣你 |
[31:59] | You have a passport? | 你有护照吗? |
[32:01] | I simply didn’t do it. | 压根就不是我干的! |
[32:03] | Order, please. | 请保持肃静 |
[32:04] | If you interrupt the District Attorney one more time… | 如果你再次打断地方检察官… |
[32:08] | Will you remind your client to refrain from speaking until such time | Devalos先生? 你能提醒你的委托人 |
[32:11] | as he’s asked a question? | 保持安静 除非他被要求回答问题吗 |
[32:12] | Or I will have him return to his cell and, | 否则 |
[32:15] | this hearing will go on without him. | 我会将他遣送回监狱 此次听证会将在没有他的情况下继续 |
[32:17] | Begging the Court’s forgiveness, Your Honor. It won’t happen again. | 恳请法庭的谅解 法官大人 此种情况不会再次发生 |
[32:20] | District Attorney Van Dyke, | 地方检察官Van Dyke |
[32:22] | if you will, | 如果愿意 |
[32:24] | please proceed. | 请继续 |
[32:25] | Your honor, Graham Stacey is the very definition of a flight risk. | 法官大人 Graham Stacey是典型的 社会隐患 |
[32:29] | He was caught with the murder weapon, he as a $7 million motive, | 他被证实持有凶器 他有为7百万作案的动机 |
[32:33] | and he was placed, by his own admission at the scene of the crime. | 而且他是唯一能进出犯罪现场的人 |
[32:36] | With all this against him, | 介于如此众多的不利证据 |
[32:38] | bail would send the wrong message to the people of this community. | 同意保释就等于向本地区的居民 发出灵人误解的信息 |
[32:42] | That all a criminal needs to do to gain the favour of the Court | 认为犯罪分子只要雇佣前地方检察官 |
[32:45] | is to hire the former District Attorney. | 就能得到法庭的偏袒 |
[32:48] | Duly noted. | 控方观点已被记录待定 Devalos先生 |
[32:51] | Do you have a retort before I reach a ruling? | 你需要在我做出判决前进行反驳吗? Devalos先生? |
[32:58] | My apologies, Your Honor. | 对不起 法官大人 |
[33:01] | Begging the Court’s indulgence, I would like to recall detective Lee Scanlon. | 恳请法庭允许 我想要再次召Lee |
[33:06] | I’ll allow it. | Scanlon警探出庭 批准 |
[33:19] | Detective, | 警探 |
[33:21] | to the best of your knowledge, | 据你所知 |
[33:23] | was the identity of the victim, was the identity of Mary Stacey | 受害者的身份… |
[33:27] | ever confirmed through DNA? | Mary Stacey的身份是否经DNA验证? |
[33:30] | No, it was not, the body was too thoroughly burned, | 没有 |
[33:32] | there was nothing to test. | 尸体被彻底烧毁 无法测试 |
[33:34] | The id was made through dental records and personal effects left on the body. | 身份是通过牙医记录 以及尸体上 残留的物品所证实的 |
[33:40] | Then, based on your professional experience, and, | 那么根据你的职业经验 |
[33:43] | mind you, this is purely hypothetical, do you think it’s possible | 请注意 这只是纯粹的假设 |
[33:46] | that a dentist, a specialist, | 你人为是否有可能一个牙医 一个专家 |
[33:48] | could alter another woman’s teeth, | 能够改变另一个女人的牙齿 |
[33:52] | to make her a match for Mary Stacey’s dental records. | 使之与Mary Stacey的牙医记录相吻合? |
[33:55] | I don’t know, he’d have to find someone with the same build, | 我不知道 你必须要找到与她体格一样 |
[33:59] | similar teeth, similar jaw line… | 牙齿相似 下巴弧线相似的人 |
[34:01] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[34:03] | This is fascinating, but where are we going with all this? | 的确是引人制胜 但辨方到底想说明什么? |
[34:06] | This is a hearing about setting bail, about | 这是关于是否设定保释 |
[34:09] | this man being a flight risk. Not about, | 判断这个人 是否会危及社会的听证会 |
[34:12] | the merits of dental records for the purpose of identification. | 而不是探讨牙齿纪录是否在鉴证 身分方面有法律效力 |
[34:15] | You’ll have your chance to respond, Mr. District Attorney. | 你将有机会对此回应 |
[34:18] | Proceed. | 地方检察官先生 继续 |
[34:19] | I’m sorry. You were saying… | 对不起 警探 你说到哪了? |
[34:21] | And once you found the right person, | 当你找到了合适的人 |
[34:25] | a dentist would have to place the right kind of fillings and crowns. | 牙医需要使用相应的填充物和牙冠 |
[34:30] | Seems like a lot of work, I don’t know why anyone would do that. | 应该要费不少功夫 我不知道为什么有人要这么做 |
[34:33] | What if I told you that, with Graham Stacey in prison, | 要是我告诉你 如果Graham Stacey进监狱 |
[34:36] | Mary | Mary Stacey $7 million life insurance policy, |
[34:39] | would go to a charity called the Dearbrook Foundation. | Stacey的7百万人寿保险金 将会入账一个叫做Deerbrook的慈善基金会 |
[34:41] | The what?! | 一个什么? |
[34:43] | Your Honor, counsel is turning this hearing into… | 法官大人 律师先生正在将此次听证变成… |
[34:46] | A foundation that happened to be headed up by a local dentist | 一个恰好是由本地牙医Leo |
[34:48] | by the name of Dr. Leo Krane. | Krane医生 运筹的基金会 |
[34:51] | Who we believe colluded with Mary Stacey to fake her own death, frame my client, | 我们相信他和Mary Stacey串通 |
[34:56] | so that she could cash in her own life insurance policy. | 伪造她的死亡 陷害我的委托人 这样她就能得到她自己的人寿保险金 |
[34:58] | Your Honor, this is… | 法官大人 这太荒谬了! |
[35:00] | We believe that the woman who died in that house was not Mary Stacey at all, | 法官大人 我们相信死在那场大火里的 根本不是Mary Stacey |
[35:04] | but a young runaway named Sally Greer, who acted as a double, having her teeth | 而是一个离家出走少女Sally Greer 让她做替身 |
[35:08] | teeth altered so she could provide a false positive dental match. | 将她的牙齿矫形 用来提供一份虚假的牙医记录匹配 |
[35:12] | That’s absurd. | 这太荒谬了 |
[35:14] | You can’t prove that. | 你不能 你不能证明这点 |
[35:16] | So Mr. Devalos, can you prove any of this? | 那么Devalos先生 你能证明你的观点吗? |
[35:19] | I may not be able to prove who the burnt body is, | 我无法证明谁是被烧焦的尸体 |
[35:22] | but I believe, with the help of a friend, | 但在我一位与私家侦探共事 |
[35:24] | who’s working with a private investigator, | 的朋友的帮助下 |
[35:26] | that I can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt who the burnt body isn’t. | 可以确凿的证实出 那具尸体不是谁 |
[35:31] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[35:34] | I give you direct from Barcelona, Spain, | 有请直接从西班牙巴塞罗那赶来的 |
[35:37] | Mary | Mary Stacey, |
[35:38] | and her accomplish in crime Dr. Leo Krane. | Stacey和她的同谋Leo Krane医生 |
[35:49] | I move for immediate dismissal of all charges against my client, | 法官大人 我请求立即撤消对 我委托人的所有指控 |
[35:52] | who clearly did not kill his wife, as anyone could plainly see, | 很明显 他并没有杀害他的妻子 正如大家清晰可见 |
[35:56] | She is still very much alive. | 她还好好活着 |
[36:01] | I’ll see you both in my chambers. | 你们两位立即到我的议事厅见我 |
[36:03] | Right now. | |
[36:05] | Hope you have an explanation for this, Mr. District Attorney. | 希望你对此有合理解释 地方检察官先生 |
[36:25] | Detective, | 警探 当你这边忙完后 |
[36:27] | when you finish here, you should report your captain for reassignment. | 你该上报你的队长 申请调职 |
[36:32] | Nothing will please me more, | 我求之不得 |
[36:34] | Mr. District Attorney. | 地方检察官先生 |
[36:49] | You’re okay? | 你还好吗? |
[36:52] | Did you dream, was it about Marjorie? | 你做梦了吗 是关于Marjorie的吗? |
[36:56] | What are you doing here? | Marjorie? 你在这做什么? |
[36:57] | I asked you a question, now my poor widow wife | 问你个问题呗 |
[37:00] | is getting ready to fly back to Michigan and she’s waiting for you to tell her | 我可怜的守寡老婆正准备飞去密歇根州 |
[37:03] | whether she’s gonna be alright. What seems to be the hold up? | 而她还在等你告诉她是否她会没事 那你还跟这儿耽搁个什么? |
[37:06] | What’s the hold up? | 耽搁个什么? |
[37:07] | Hold up is that I haven’t dreamt about her. | 我从没梦到过这件事 这就是原因 |
[37:11] | You’re dead, so you tell me. | 等等 你死了 你告诉我吧 |
[37:13] | You’re supposed to be able to see all, know all… So tell me, | 你应该能预见一切 知道一切 |
[37:17] | is she gonna pull through? | 所以告诉我 她会挺过去吗? |
[37:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:22] | It doesn’t work that way, | 不是这么运做的 |
[37:23] | not with people you love. | 对你爱的的人们就行不通 |
[37:27] | What do you mean by that? You tell me you can see everything, | 什么意思”对你爱的人就行不通”? 你的意思是 你能预见一切 |
[37:31] | but not nothing that had really to do with the people you love? | 却都是些跟自己所爱的人无关的事? 我知道 |
[37:35] | I know. Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? | 我知道 听上去挺疯狂 |
[37:38] | I asked about it at the orientation. You know what they told me? | 我是说 关于这点我在”新人报道” 的时候问过 知道他们怎么回答我吗? |
[37:42] | They said if you could see | 他们说”如果你能预见你所爱的人的一切 |
[37:44] | everything that there’s to see about the people that you love, | |
[37:47] | if you could know everything | 如果你能了解你所关心的人的所有 |
[37:49] | about the people you care about, | |
[37:52] | there’d be no reason for you to watch over them. | 那么你就没有理由再守护他们了” |
[37:55] | And the whole damn system would go to hell. | 而这整个该死的人鬼体系可以去见鬼了 |
[38:00] | Sorry. | 呃 对不起 |
[38:02] | I don’t get it. | 好了 我不明白 |
[38:06] | What do you want from me? | 你想要我做什么? |
[38:08] | You should let me call a cab. | 你应该让我叫辆出租车 |
[38:11] | Don’t be silly, I like driving you, mom. | 别傻了 我想送你 妈妈 |
[38:14] | You know what, this is just wrong. | 嘿 你知道吗? 这样不对 |
[38:16] | Let me wake Allison and the kids. | 让我叫醒Allison和孩子们 |
[38:18] | No, it’s barely 6 o’clock, we said our goodbyes last night. | 不 不 不 还不到6点 我们昨晚就说过再见了 |
[38:21] | But she never does, she never sleeps in, because she usually has these dreams… | 但她从不这样的 她从来都睡不稳当… 因为通常她会做一些梦使她… |
[38:25] | I’m so glad I didn’t miss you. | Marjorie 真高兴没有错过你 |
[38:28] | You didn’t have to pull yourself out of bed. | 哦 不不 你不必要从床上起来的 |
[38:31] | Don’t be silly. I wanted to. The only reason I wasn’t up earlier is that… | 不不不 别傻了 我想这么做 我没早点起来的原因就是 |
[38:36] | I was having a dream | 我正在做一个梦 |
[38:39] | about you… | 关于你的… |
[38:43] | About me? Why on earth would you dream about me? | 关于我? 你究竟为什么要梦到我? |
[38:46] | What was this dream? | 这个梦是什么内容? |
[38:49] | We were in your living room. | 我们在格洛斯波因 在你的客厅里 |
[38:53] | It was Ariel, Bridgette, Marie… | Ariel Bridgette Marie都在 |
[38:56] | Bridgette had just graduated from college. | Bridgette刚从大学毕业 |
[39:00] | And then, | 然后 |
[39:02] | we came in your living room, | 我们进到你的客厅 |
[39:04] | and Joe had his hands over your eyes. | Joe用手蒙着你的眼睛 |
[39:06] | And then it was like… Surprise! | 然后就象是一个惊喜! |
[39:09] | And there was this big birthday cake, | 有一个大大的生日蛋糕 |
[39:11] | and you were the picture of health and… | 而你看上去健康精神 |
[39:14] | This was a lovely dream! | 哦 真是一个美好的梦 |
[39:23] | You’re right, that’s a lovely dream. | 没错 那真是个美好的梦 是啊 |
[39:32] | It’s a nice dream, isn’t the best dream I’ve ever heard, but… | 是个美好梦 这不是我听过的最好的梦 但… |
[39:37] | I think you have something to tell someone on the way to the airport? | 现在我觉得你去机场的路上 该跟某人打个招呼了? |
[39:41] | Yes I do. | 是的 我会的 |
[39:43] | I have no idea what is going on here. | 好了 我完全不明白怎么回事了 |
[39:46] | Don’t worry about it. We have a plane to catch. | 别担心 我们还要去赶飞机 |
[39:50] | I’ll see you soon. | 再见 |
[39:53] | I’ll see you soon. | Marjorie 再见 |
[40:00] | I’ll see you soon. | Allison 再见 |
[40:02] | Get out of here! | 快点走吧你 |
[40:06] | You know what doctors say… | 你知道医生怎么说 |
[40:08] | 60% of the battle is thinking positive. | 与病魔抗争的要点 就是乐观积极 |
[40:12] | So I’ve heard. | 是啊 我听她说了 |
[40:15] | You did a good thing. | 你做的对 |
[40:17] | I don’t even know why I lied. | 即使我撒谎了? |
[40:19] | Don’t worry about it. | 哦 别担心这点 |
[40:21] | I know some people. | 我知道一些人 |
[40:24] | Know some people who know some people. | 我认识些认识别人的人 |
[40:27] | It was a good thing. | 这是件好事 |
[40:29] | But the next time I tell you to get out of town… | 但是下一次我让你离城时… |
[40:33] | I’m gone. | 我立马走人 灵媒缉凶 |