时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | They say 40 is t|| new 3|| | 有人说40岁是新一轮的30岁 |
[00:07] | And I say they’re right. | 我说他们讲得对 |
[00:09] | I look young,I feel young, and I act young, and frankly, | 我看起来 感觉上 表现上都年轻 直说吧 |
[00:15] | most men my age can’t begin to keep up. | 像我一般年纪的男人 都开始跟不上我的脚步 |
[00:19] | So where does a girl go? | 一个女孩将何去何从? |
[00:22] | Where does she go to find suitable playmates? | 她上哪去找到合适的玩伴? |
[00:26] | Come on. I’m gonna show you. | 来吧 我带你看看 |
[00:31] | Amy and I were suppose||to get married right after graduation. | 我和Amy本该毕业后就结婚的 |
[00:35] | She’d already picked out the dress,reserved the hall. | 她已经挑选了婚纱 预定了礼堂 |
[00:42] | Everybody says that it must have been her time… | 人人都说那是她的大日子 |
[00:47] | but maybe it was the drunk who hit her’s time. | 但也许那是那醉鬼的大日子 |
[00:53] | It’s been five months. | 事情过去了五个月 |
[00:55] | I still can’t sleep. | 我仍然无法入睡 |
[00:57] | Don’t really eat. | 也不怎么吃东西 |
[01:00] | Don’t really want to be with anybody. | 不想和任何人在一起 |
[01:02] | Other than this group, I mean. | 除了你们 我是说这个小组 |
[01:11] | Five months without anybody? | 五个月没有和别人在一起? |
[01:14] | This is actually too simple. | 这真是唾手可得 |
[01:33] | I hope that answers your question. | 我希望这解答了你的疑问 |
[01:36] | Completely. | 当然 |
[01:38] | Fold-down rear seats– I’m gonna get some. | 放平后座 我要大干一场 |
[01:44] | I think I forgot how amazing that can be. | 我都忘记这有多销魂了 |
[01:49] | You want to do it again? | 你想再来一次吗 |
[01:53] | Now,this is the tough part. | 现在才是最麻烦的地方 |
[01:55] | Remember,the goal here is to love ’em and leave ’em, not keep loving ’em. | 记住 目标是爱他们再离开他们 而不是一直爱他们 |
[01:58] | I mean,how you going to move on to your next young lover if… | 如果你仍在和上一个纠缠 |
[02:02] | you’re still with the last? | 该如何找寻下一位情人呢 |
[02:04] | So now that you got him where you want him, the trick is to move in for the kill. | 既然你已经得到了他 接下来就要干掉他 |
[02:10] | See,that’s what really separates the cougars from the pussycats. | 瞧 这才是美洲豹和小猫咪的真正区别 |
[02:15] | You want to do it again? | 你想再来一次吗 |
[02:18] | – How about that? – That’s nice. | – 这样怎么样 – 非常好 |
[02:19] | – Like this? – Oh,yeah. | – 像这样? – 是的 |
[02:20] | – Like this? – That feels good. | – 像这样? – 感觉很好 |
[02:22] | – You like that? – Yeah,that’s good. | – 你喜欢吗? – 非常不错 |
[02:24] | That’s nice. Yeah,that’s good. | 非常好 感觉不错 |
[02:32] | Bad dream? | 做恶梦了? |
[02:35] | It was weird. | 很奇怪 |
[02:38] | Just weird dream. Weird. | 是个怪梦 怪得很 |
[02:43] | This woman, she was behaving like… | 有个女人 表现的像个… |
[02:47] | well,I don’t know what she was behaving like. | 我不知道她像什么 |
[02:50] | She kept trying to get these young guys into bed, | 她一直勾引年轻男人上床 |
[02:52] | and then when she was through with them… | 当她享受过之后… |
[02:56] | Actually,she was behaving just like a man. | 其实她表现的像男人一样 |
[03:05] | Okay. Sorry I asked. | 好吧 我多此一问 |
[03:46] | Medium Season04 Episode11 | |
[03:55] | Girls,let’s go. Breakfast time. | 孩子们 快点 早餐时间 |
[03:59] | Ariel? | |
[04:01] | Don’t do that. You do that too hard and it’ll go right through to your brain. | 别掏了 太用力就直接掏到脑子里了 |
[04:04] | My ear’s itchy. | 我的耳朵痒痒的 |
[04:08] | I need your credit card for gas. | 我要你的信用卡给车加油 |
[04:10] | I’ve got a meeting with Devalos this morning. | 我今早要去和Devalos开会 |
[04:22] | Police have not yet released the name of the young man, | 警察还未透露死者姓名 |
[04:24] | whose body was found early this morning in the back of his SUV, | 今早他的尸体在城里教堂 |
[04:28] | – which was in a downtown church parking lot. – I’ll be right back.I got to make a call. | – 停车场附近的汽车后座上被发现 – 我马上回来 去打个电话 |
[04:30] | Coroner’s figuring he died last night around 11:00. | 验尸官断定他的死亡时间为昨晚11点 |
[04:33] | You were right about his fiance. 关于他未婚妻 你说的对 | |
[04:34] | She was killed by a drunk driver six months ago. | 她六个月前被一位酒后驾驶的司机撞死 |
[04:37] | In fact,he was attending some kind of a grief support meeting here at the church. | 实际上 他在这所教堂参加了 类似悲痛互助会之类的东西 |
[04:41] | Well,did anyone see him leave with the woman I described: tall, very beautiful,early 40s? | 有人见到他和我说的那个 高个子 非常漂亮 40多岁的女人一起离开吗 |
[04:47] | According to the others at the meeting, no one there really fits that description. | 根据在场其他人来看 没有你说的那个人 |
[04:50] | I saw her as plain as day. | 我看的清清楚楚 |
[04:53] | That’s the thing,Allison. | 事情是这样的 Allison |
[04:54] | Whoever did this,there’s nothing womanly about her. | 做出这种事的人一点都不像女子 |
[04:56] | It’s pretty savage, kind of bordering on butchery, | 手段相当残忍 类似屠夫的手段 |
[05:00] | and it’s hard to imagine a woman of any age with the anger, | 很难想象任何年龄的女人 生气时能做出这样的事 |
[05:02] | not to mention the strength, necessary to hack this fellow up the way he was. | 更别提还需要很大力气 把他砍成这样 |
[05:08] | Come in. | 请进 |
[05:10] | Oh,sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来迟了 |
[05:12] | Hey,come on in,Allison. | 快进来 Allison |
[05:13] | You remember Ben, my campaign manager? | 还记得Ben 我的竞选管理人吧 |
[05:15] | Ben Salzberg. Allison Dubois. | 这位是Ben Salzberg 这位是Allison Dubois |
[05:17] | – We’ve met. – I remember. | – 我们见过了 – 我记得 |
[05:20] | “Manuel Devalos. An Instinct for Justice.” | “Manuel Devalos 正义的直觉” |
[05:24] | Well,you have my vote, Mr. Devalos. | 我投你一票 Devalos先生 |
[05:26] | There’s one. Okay Here,I want to show you something. | 有一票了 好了 我给你看个东西 |
[05:31] | Mr. District Attorney, polls show Manuel Devalos is closing the gap on yourseven – point lead. | 地方检察官先生 投票显示Manuel Devalos的支持率追近了7个百分点 |
[05:36] | Do you have any comment about what’s being called the “Manuel Momentum”? | 你对这种”Manuel动量”现象有何评价吗 |
[05:41] | The only person calling it the “Manuel Momentum” is former District Attorney Devalos. | 只有前检察官Devalos自己 把这称作”Manuel动量” |
[05:46] | Now,I’ll admit his numbers look impressive, given his late entrance into the race, | 我承认作为后加入的竞选者而言 他的支持率的确很可观 |
[05:49] | but the citizens of Phoenix have had enough of Manuel Devalos. | 但凤凰城的公民受够了Manuel Devalos |
[05:53] | They know what baggage he brings with him. | 他们清楚他耍的什么把戏 |
[05:54] | They know that when it comes to the trying of fact in a court of law, | 他们明白当涉及到法庭上的事实 |
[05:57] | you don’t go to a witch doctor or a fortune-teller for legal counsel. | 你不能靠巫医或占卜者来当法律顾问 |
[06:02] | My intuition says the voters aren’t buying it. | 我的直觉告诉我 选民们不会吃这套 |
[06:06] | Thank you very much. Excuse me. | 非常感谢 借过 |
[06:15] | Talk about “going negative.” | 这就是”消极影响” |
[06:17] | I didn’t bring you here to upset you. | 我找你来不是要让你不安 |
[06:19] | Well,I appreciate that,sir. | 对此我很感激 先生 |
[06:21] | Mutual admiration aside,we’ve called you here,Mrs. Dubois, | 相互赞美就省了 我们找你来 Dubois夫人 |
[06:24] | because Manny has a very important fund-raiser tomorrow. | 是因为Manny明天要见 一位重要的募捐者 |
[06:27] | Say no more. | 不用说了 |
[06:29] | I’ll book a bus ticket out of town if it’ll help. | 如果有必要我会买张出城的车票 |
[06:31] | I thought you said she was a psychic. | 我以为你说了她是个灵媒 |
[06:33] | You’re misunderstanding, Allison. | 你误会了 Allison |
[06:35] | I don’t want you to stay away. | 我不想再让你躲避 |
[06:36] | I want you there. Prominently. | 我想让你出席 引人注目 |
[06:40] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[06:42] | Manny’s biggest problem and Van Dyke’s biggest asset is “the Allison question.” | “Allison问题”是Manny最大的疑虑 也是Van Dyke最大的反击重点 |
[06:47] | Who is Allison Dubois? Where is she? | Allison Dubois是谁? 她在哪? |
[06:50] | If she’s the real deal, why is Manny hiding her? | 如果她真的如此重要 为何Manny要把她藏起来 |
[06:53] | We’ve come to the conclusion that the best answer for the Allison question is Allison herself. | 我们得出结论 认为Allison本人 就是对Allison问题最好的解答 |
[07:00] | It’s time for you to come out of hiding,Mrs. Dubois. | 是时候该你走上前台了 Dubois夫人 |
[07:04] | “The answer to the Allison question is Allison herself”? | “Allison本人 就是对Allison问题最好的解答”? |
[07:08] | He actually said that? | 他真的这样说? |
[07:10] | So what? So now we got to go to this thing? | 那又怎样 我们就要去那里吗 |
[07:12] | Well,what was I supposed to say? | 那我还能怎么说 |
[07:14] | I don’t know. Tell him we got a sick kid. | 不知道 告诉他我们的孩子病了 |
[07:19] | What? | 咋了? |
[07:21] | What are kids for if not to be used as excuses to get out of things that you don’t want to do? | 孩子要不能拿来当借口 躲避你不想做的事儿 还有啥用? |
[07:25] | That’s not funny. | 这样不好玩 |
[07:26] | That’s not even a little funny. | 一点都不好玩 |
[07:27] | If one of our girls gets sick now… | 如果现在我们有个孩子病了… |
[07:29] | Oh,please,one of our kids is not going to get sick now. | 拜托 我们的孩子现在不会病的 |
[07:31] | And it is too funny. | 这太好玩了 |
[07:33] | Be quiet. I’m not listening.I’m asleep. | 安静 我听不到 我睡了 |
[07:35] | No,you’re laughing. You’re laughing on the inside. | 不 你在笑 你在心里偷笑呢 |
[07:38] | I can’t hear you. I’m in dreamland. | 听不到 我做梦了都 |
[07:40] | You want to keep your laughter down,please? I’m trying to sleep. | 能小点声笑吗 我正要睡觉呢 |
[07:48] | You going to want something else? It’s last call. | 还要些别的吗 快要打烊了 |
[07:50] | No,thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[07:52] | I guess I’ve been stood up. | 我想我等了很久了 |
[07:53] | Happens to the best of us. | 即使是最棒的人也会这样 |
[07:56] | You know,he may still show. | 他还是有可能来的 |
[07:58] | You got 20 minutes till closing. | 还有20分钟才关门 |
[08:02] | There’s no one coming here to meet me. | 我根本就没约人 |
[08:05] | Fundamental truth: Hardworking young men like the idea of seducing rich,older women. | 基本事实: 努力工作的年轻人 喜欢勾引富裕年老的女人 |
[08:11] | They think it’s easy. | 他们认为很容易 |
[08:12] | They think we’re desperate– so desperate we’ll do whatever it takes to keep them happy. | 他们以为我们很绝望…绝望到 愿意付出一切去让他们开心 |
[08:19] | Little does he know I only want him for the night. | 他却不知道我只需要他一晚上 |
[08:24] | Glass ring,fake pearls. | 玻璃戒指 假珍珠项链 |
[08:27] | He’s a man. | 他是男人 |
[08:29] | He won’t know the difference. | 辨不出真伪的 |
[08:31] | How’s that treating you? | 服务怎么样 |
[08:34] | Good. Thanks. | 挺好 谢谢 |
[08:36] | It’s my fault,you know, that he thinks he can treat me this way. | 都怪我 他认为能这样对我 |
[08:41] | I should never have bought him that little sports car he wanted. | 我不该给他买那辆跑车的 |
[08:45] | Now he thinks he can just leave me here sitting, waiting for him all night in a restaurant. | 现在他认为可以留我一个人坐在这里 在餐厅里等他整晚 |
[08:49] | He sounds like a fool. | 他听上去挺蠢的 |
[08:52] | A blind fool. | 一个盲目的傻瓜 |
[08:54] | You’re right. He is. | 说的对 他的确是 |
[09:00] | Look,I got to ask you something. | 我想问你件事情 |
[09:02] | Well,go ahead. Hurry up. | 请尽快说 |
[09:04] | Only got 19 minutes before closing. | 离打烊只有19分钟了 |
[09:08] | How does a guy get to be with a woman like you anyway? | 一个男人怎样才能和 你这样的女人在一起? |
[09:12] | He asks. | 他直接邀请我 |
[09:30] | You’re pretty amazing. | 你真令人吃惊 |
[09:32] | Pretty and amazing, yeah. | 又美丽又令人吃惊 |
[09:35] | God did okay by you,too. | 你也还可以 |
[09:39] | Hey,I’m gonna,uh, pour myself a drink. You want something? | 我去给弄点喝的 你想来点吗 |
[09:43] | Whatever you’re having,sure. | 无论你喝什么 都可以 |
[09:55] | This one actually makes me a little sad. | 这一个让我有些伤感 |
[10:01] | He’s so cute. | 他真可爱 |
[10:06] | I could see myself spending more than just one night with him. | 我真想和他多交往几夜 |
[10:11] | But that would never work. | 但这是不可能的 |
[10:14] | He thinks I actually have money. | 他以为我真的有钱 |
[10:18] | Don’t look so surprised. | 别这么惊讶 |
[10:20] | Any cougar worth her salt knows a thing or two about nails. | 任何美洲豹都对钉子很熟悉 |
[10:27] | Hey,lover, you ever had your back scratched by a woman who really knows how? | 嘿宝贝 你试过被一个很在行的 女人抓伤后背吗 |
[10:34] | Oh,come on. Don’t be such a baby. | 好了 别像个孩子似的 |
[10:38] | You’ll love it. | 你会喜欢的 |
[10:46] | Careful.She just fell asleep. I don’t want to wake her. | 当心点 她刚睡着 我不想吵醒她 |
[10:48] | Okay. Don’t blame me. | 好吧 别怪我 |
[10:50] | Blame Dr. Friedman. | 要怪就怪Friedman医生 |
[10:52] | He’s the one who’s leaving town and told us we’ve got to get to his office in half an hour. | 是他正打算出城 叫我们半小时内赶到他那儿去的 |
[10:57] | Hey,how many times you think we’ve made this trip? | 你觉得我们要跑几趟才能治好她 |
[11:01] | I don’t know,what? | 不知道 怎么了 |
[11:02] | The early morning ear infection/antibiotic run? I don’t know. | 一大早跑去用抗菌素治疗耳部感染? 我不清楚 |
[11:06] | Together or separate… | 要看是我们一块儿送还是轮流送她… |
[11:12] | Hey,what street was that? | 嘿 这是哪条街街 |
[11:15] | 24th,I think. | 我想是第24街 |
[11:17] | Let me use your phone. I’ve got to call Detective Scanlon. | 借我用下手机 我要给Scanlon警长打个电话 |
[11:32] | Detective Lee Scanlon, Phoenix PD. | 我是Lee Scanlon警长 凤凰城警察 |
[11:34] | I,uh,I got an anonymous tip|| there might have been some trouble here in the restaurant last night. | 我接到匿名线报说 昨夜这家餐馆可能有事发生 |
[11:47] | Well,looks okay to me. | 我看一切正常 |
[12:17] | Okay,I give up. | 好吧 我放弃 |
[12:24] | Come on,Allison. | 快接 Allison |
[12:35] | Hello? Lee,is that you?Hello? | 喂? Lee 是你吗? 喂? |
[12:40] | Uh,I’m gonna… I’m gonna call you back,okay? | 我等下再打给你好吗 |
[12:43] | What’s going on? | 出了什么事 |
[12:50] | ********** | 这是什么 朋友 |
[13:10] | Victim’s name is Ryan Haas, 26 years old. | 受害人名叫Ryan Haas 26岁 |
[13:12] | Been working at this restaurant for four years as a bartender. | 在这家餐厅做了四年酒保 |
[13:16] | The manager said,uh, Ryan offered to close up last night after his shift ended. | 经理说昨晚他提出夜班结束后负责关门 |
[13:21] | Didn’t say anything about him,uh,having a date. | 没提到有啥约会 |
[13:24] | Anyone remember the woman at the bar? | 有人记得酒吧里的女人吗 |
[13:28] | This place is kind of a pickup joint. | 这地方是搭讪专用场所 |
[13:29] | Ryan was a flirt. | Ryan擅于调情 |
[13:31] | The manager says there’s always girls hanging around the bar till closing, but no one they noticed. | 经理说经常有女人混到打烊 但没人注意到有啥不对劲 |
[13:35] | Well,that doesn’t make sense. This woman is beautiful. | 这说不通 这女人很漂亮 |
[13:37] | She was,uh… sexy. | 也很性感 |
[13:39] | She’s not the kind of woman who would go unnoticed. | 她绝对引人注意 |
[13:42] | Well,she did last night, if she even exists. | 除非她昨晚真的在这儿 |
[13:44] | What does that mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[13:46] | Allison,this guy was killed with a nail gun. | Allison 这家伙被人用钉枪杀死 |
[13:48] | So? | 所以呢 |
[13:49] | So how many women you know have a nail gun? | 所以你认识多少个女人有钉枪? |
[13:52] | Much less the strength to overpower a 26-year-old man long enough | 更不用说力气大到 控制住一个26岁的男人 |
[13:55] | to drive a couple hundred six-penny nails into his head, his neck,his chest… | 再用两三百个六寸长钉钉进 他的脑袋 脖子 胸部… |
[14:00] | This isn’t about strength. | 这与力气无关 |
[14:02] | It’s just like that guy that got lured into the back of his van | 这和那晚那个男人被引诱 |
[14:04] | and stabbed to death the other night. | 自己的后车座上被刺死一样 |
[14:06] | She seduces them, she has sex with them, | 她引诱他们 和他们上床 |
[14:09] | and then when their defenses are down and they’re vulnerable, then she strikes. | 然后趁他们毫无防备 变得脆弱的时候发动攻击 |
[14:12] | I want to see that movie. | 我还真挺想看看你说的这部电影 |
[14:13] | You know,I’m not even convinced these two murders are related. | 我觉得这两起谋杀案不相关 |
[14:15] | Well,they are. | 的确相关 |
[14:18] | So you’re telling me that there’s a female serial killer out there, | 你说有个女性连环杀人犯逍遥法外 |
[14:20] | picking up men and then murdering them. | 勾引男人然后杀死他们吗 |
[14:22] | That’s what I’m saying. | 我正是这意思 |
[14:23] | I guess I should be grateful I’m not out there on the prowl anymore. | 我真该感谢自己名草有主了 |
[14:27] | Relax,stud. You’re about ten years too old for this black widow. | 放松 种马 你比那个黑寡妇 喜欢找的类型老了十岁 |
[14:32] | You look pretty. | 你真漂亮 |
[14:35] | Thanks,sugar. So do you. | 谢谢 亲爱的 你也是 |
[14:40] | Mama has to go out. | 妈妈要出去一趟 |
[14:43] | I don’t want to, but I promised someone I’d do something for them. | 虽然我也不愿意 但我答应过人家了 |
[14:48] | How do you feel? | 你怎么样 |
[14:50] | It still hurts. | 还是疼 |
[14:53] | You know Daddy and Ariel and Bridgette are all going to be here to take care of you, | 爸爸 Ariel和Bridgette会在这里照顾你的 |
[14:57] | and I’ll be back home before you know it,okay? | 我一会就回来了 好吗 |
[15:08] | “I” before “E,” except after “C.” | 字母I在E前面 但在C后面 |
[15:12] | Can’t you just tell me how to spell it? | 你就不能直接告诉我怎么拼吗 |
[15:16] | Uh,Dad,I think you’re in trouble, ’cause Mom’s all dressed up and you’re not. | 老爹 我想你倒霉了 因为妈妈 都穿好衣服了而你还没有 |
[15:21] | No,honey. Daddy’s staying home with you. | 不 亲爱的 爸爸和你们待在家 |
[15:24] | It’s okay. You can take him if you want. | 没关系 如果你需要就带他走吧 |
[15:26] | He’s being kind of grouchy anyways. | 他反正也满腹牢骚的 |
[15:29] | You know,the whole point of “the kid is sick” excuse is to get us both out of going. | “孩子病了”的点子是想让我们都不用去 |
[15:34] | Yeah,I’ll remember that next time. | 下次我会记住 |
[15:35] | Hey,don’t forget to wake her up at 9:30 for her last dose of medicine,okay? | 别忘记9点半叫醒她最后一次吃药 好吗 |
[15:40] | Come on,grouchy. | 加油 牢骚鬼 |
[15:48] | Allison. | |
[15:50] | It’s so great you’re here. | 你能来真是太好了 |
[15:51] | Don’t be silly. What a terrific turnout. | 别傻了 这么重要的场合 |
[15:54] | It’s going very well, lots of press,lots of donors, | 进展很顺利 很多记者 很多捐款人 |
[15:56] | a few big fish we still need to haul into the boa|| And here comes Shamu now. | 我们还需要掉几条大鱼 现在过来的是Shamu |
[16:02] | How are you? | 你好吗? |
[16:03] | Constance,I’m so pleased you could make it. | Constance 我真高兴你能来了 |
[16:05] | Mr. District Attorney. | 地方检察官先生 |
[16:06] | I don’t see Richard. | Richard怎么没来 |
[16:08] | Oh,he’s running late. Some business thing. | 噢 他迟些来 有些公事 |
[16:10] | Constance,have you met Mrs. Dubois? | Constance 见过Dubois夫人吗? |
[16:12] | Allison Dubois,this is Constance Madsen. | 这是Constance Madsen |
[16:15] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[16:16] | Oh,my… the famous Allison Dubois. | 天哪… 久仰大名 |
[16:19] | So tell me,what is my fortune? What’s in my future? | 告诉我我的命运 未来会发生什么? |
[16:22] | Oh,I feel strongly you and your husband are going to make a significant contribution to Mr. Devalos’ campaign. | 噢 我有强烈的预感 你和你的丈夫 会对Devalos先生的竞选贡献巨大 |
[16:29] | Very clever,Mrs. Dubois. | 非常聪明 Dubois夫人 |
[16:31] | Allison, Constance’s husband, Richard,owns a very successful construction firm here in Phoenix, | Allison Constance的丈夫Richard 在凤凰城拥有一家很成功的建筑公司 |
[16:36] | and they have been very supportive over the years. | 他们支持我好多年了 |
[16:40] | But then,I’m sure you knew that. | 我确定你知道这些了 |
[16:41] | Oh,yes. I know everything. | 是的 我什么都知道 |
[16:44] | Well,tell me, do you happen to know when my husband is actually going to show up? | 好吧 告诉我 你知道我丈夫 确切什么时候会出现吗? |
[16:53] | But the truth is, I did not do it all myself. | 事实上 这并非我一人之功 |
[16:58] | I was privileged to work with a dedicated group of police detectives, | 我很幸运的和一个尽职的 警察团队一起工作 |
[17:02] | and some of the most talented ADAs in the country. | 还有全国最有才干的几位助理检察官 |
[17:06] | And as most of you now know, I had a secret weapon. | 而且在场的大多数人知道 我有一个秘密武器 |
[17:10] | Her name is Allison Dubois. | 她的名字是Allison Dubois |
[17:14] | Allison worked for me as an investigator, as a jury consultant and as a paralegal. | Allison为我工作 作为一名调查员 陪审员拣选顾问和律师助理 |
[17:20] | And it was her dedicated service to the city of Phoenix | 正是她全心全意为凤凰城提供的服务 |
[17:23] | that was invaluable in helping to convict and incarcerate a number of violent criminals. | 对许多暴力案件的定罪和逮捕归案 做出了无法估量的贡献 |
[17:32] | So what does your crystal ball say? | 所以 你的水晶球怎么说的? |
[17:33] | Is he going to win this election? | 他能赢得这次的竞选吗? |
[17:34] | I wish I knew. | 我真希望自己知道结果 |
[17:36] | I’m afraid I’m as much in the dark as anybody on this subject. | 恐怕我和别人一样对此一无所知 |
[17:39] | Really? That doesn’t seem fair. | 是吗? 这真不公平 |
[17:41] | I think it’s the universe’s way of evening the score. | 我想这就是宇宙的平衡之道吧 |
[17:45] | Connie! | |
[17:47] | There you are. | 你在这 |
[17:50] | Sorry I’m late. What did I miss? | 很抱歉我来迟了 我错过了什么吗? |
[17:52] | The speeches,the food, the champagne… | 演说 美食 还有香槟酒… |
[17:55] | but let me introduce you to the very best part of the evening. | 但让我介绍今晚的重要人物你认识 |
[17:58] | Richard,this is Allison Dubois. | Richard 这是Allison Dubois |
[18:00] | She’s the psychic who was working with Manuel all those years. | 她就是和Manuel 一起工作这么多年的灵媒 |
[18:04] | A-ha,how do you do? | 啊 你好吗? |
[18:07] | Is this honestly the only way? | 这真的是唯一的方法吗? |
[18:11] | It’s the only way for you. | 这是你唯一的出路 |
[18:14] | You don’t look happy,Richard. You should be happy. | 你好像不高兴 Richard 你该高兴才对 |
[18:17] | I know I’m happy. | 我很高兴 |
[18:20] | Now,go. | 现在 去吧 |
[18:22] | Go to your little party for Manuel Devalos and enjoy yourself. | 去参加为Manuel Devalos开的派对 让自己玩的开心 |
[18:26] | And please write him a generous check. | 而且请给他开一张慷慨的支票 |
[18:30] | She looked into the future and said that you are going to write a big check for this campaign. | 她能预知未来 说你会为这次竞选 写一张大额支票 |
[18:35] | Well… we don’t want to make a liar out her,now do we? | 好吧…我们可不希望她成为一个骗子 不是吗? |
[18:47] | Hey,stranger. | 嘿 陌生人 |
[18:49] | What time did you get in? | 你什么时候回的? |
[18:51] | A little before midnight. | 午夜前 |
[18:53] | You two were dead to the world. | 你们俩都睡得很死 |
[18:55] | Yeah,well,this little one was exhausted from screaming. | 是的 这小家伙尖叫到精疲力尽了 |
[18:59] | And me,I was exhausted from trying to calm her down. | 而我 则为了安抚她而精疲力尽了 |
[19:02] | Poor thing. | 可怜的小东西 |
[19:04] | Oh,I’m okay. | 噢 我没事 |
[19:08] | So what did I miss? | 我错过了什么? |
[19:12] | How was the fundraiser? | 募捐会进行的如何? |
[19:14] | Did we raise a lot of funds? | 我们筹到很多资金吗? |
[19:17] | Did we fund a lot of raises? | 找到很多募捐人了吗? |
[19:19] | It was fine. | 进行的很顺利 |
[19:20] | Well,actually, it was a little strange. | 事实上 有点儿奇怪 |
[19:22] | I was introduced to this friend of Devalos’,this big donor. | Devalos把我介绍给了他最大的募捐人 |
[19:25] | And the second I met him… | 我一见到他… |
[19:28] | I knew something was wrong. | 就觉得不对劲 |
[19:30] | What do you mean “wrong”? Was he ill? | 你说的”不对劲”是什么意思? 他病了? |
[19:33] | Something going to happen to him? | 他身上会发生什么? |
[19:34] | Not him,Devalos. | 不是他 是Devalos |
[19:36] | Something bad was going to happen to Devalos. | 将有坏事发生 |
[19:39] | What do you mean “bad”? | 你说的”坏事”是什么意思? |
[19:40] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[19:42] | His friend was in cahoots with Van Dyke. | 那家伙和Van Dyke有合作 |
[19:44] | They were plotting against Devalos. | 他们密谋对付Devalos |
[19:47] | What do you mean? Plotting against him how? | 什么意思? 怎样密谋对付他? |
[19:49] | I don’t know. | 我说不清 |
[19:53] | So you met this guy, and you got a bad feeling about him. | 你见了这个人 而且他让你感觉不太好 |
[19:56] | Then what happened? | 后来发生了什么? |
[19:58] | Well,then he wrote Devalos a big check. | 后来他给Devalos开了一张巨额支票 |
[20:01] | Well,I’m no politico, but there must be a better way to crush a campaign than by funding it. | 我不是政客 但捐款怎么可能破坏竞选呢 |
[20:11] | So did you say something to him? | 你和他谈了吗? |
[20:13] | Well,say wh||? | 能谈什么? |
[20:16] | The night seemed to be going so well for him. | 对他来说 昨晚似乎很顺利 |
[20:19] | I didn’t want to be the one to ruin it. | 我可不想毁掉那种情绪 |
[20:24] | Especially since I don’t know what, if anything,is going on. | 尤其是我不清楚是否会有事发生时 |
[20:29] | All right,we have 45 minutes before the girls get up. | 好吧 在孩子们起床前 我们还能睡45分钟 |
[20:33] | Oh,did you happen to see the note that I left for you in the kitchen last night? | 你看到我昨晚厨房留给你的便条了吗? |
[20:37] | The message from Scanlon? | Scanlon那边的消息? |
[20:41] | You know,I don’t get it. I’m usually persona non grata around here. | 我不明白 平时我在这儿可不受欢迎 |
[20:46] | You know,you’re sneaking around to meet me, but today, | 平时你都是偷偷摸摸见我的 但今天 |
[20:49] | you’re waiting for me by the front door, escorting me up the elevator. | 你在前门等我 陪我进电梯 |
[20:52] | What can I tell you? | 我能说啥? |
[20:52] | If I had my way,we’d pick you up in a limo, offer you champagne and caviar for lunch. | 如果我说了算 我会派礼车去接你 给你提供香槟和鱼子酱午餐 |
[20:56] | You know,don’t you worry if you lie like that, your nose is going to grow? | 你就不担心 如果撒谎的话 鼻子就会变长? |
[20:59] | Or God’s going to smite you or something? | 或者上帝会惩罚你之类的? |
[21:01] | Look,the honest to God truth is, | 看在上帝的份上 事实是 |
[21:02] | I got two dead 20-something guys who were found exactly where you said they’d be, | 我找到了两个20出头的男孩的尸体 就在你说的地点 |
[21:06] | murdered exactly the way you said they’d be. | 按你说的方式被谋杀 |
[21:08] | I need to get you with a sketch artist. | 我需要你协助素描画家 |
[21:10] | I know it sounds like a lot of nothing. | 我知道这听上去不算什么 |
[21:12] | I just kind of felt funny keeping it to myself. | 我只是觉得什么都不说很别扭 |
[21:15] | Well,I don’t know what to tell you,Allison. | 我不知道该怎么和你说 Allison |
[21:19] | The man’s check cleared. | 他的支票没问题 |
[21:20] | Well,at the end of the day, I guess that’s all that really matters. | 我猜到了最后 那才是最重要的 |
[21:29] | I’m being summoned. | 有人找我了 |
[21:31] | Oh,well,then don’t let me keep you. | 好吧 我就不耽误你了 |
[21:33] | You know,it meant a lot to me that you were there last night, | 知道吗 你昨晚的出席对我很重要 |
[21:35] | and for what it’s worth, your name was mentioned in this morning’s paper. | 更值的是 你的名字出现在今天的早报上了 |
[21:39] | Well,then I guess it’s mission accomplished. | 那我猜大功告成咯 |
[21:42] | Mission accomplished. | 大功告成 |
[21:44] | I’ll talk to you soon. | 回头再聊 |
[21:48] | You know,it just doesn’t make much sense what she’s saying, Mr. Devalos. | 她说的没道理 Devalos先生 |
[21:52] | It just… doesn’t. | 就是…说不通 |
[21:54] | Well,I grant you,it doesn’t make much sense to us. | 的确 这可能对我们而言说不通 |
[21:57] | No,it doesn’t make much sense,period. | 不不 这根本狗屁不通 句号 |
[22:00] | Why would Richard Madsen be having secret meetings with District Attorney Van Dyke? | 为什么Richard Madsen会和 地方检察官Van Dyke秘密会谈? |
[22:04] | The man just donated a truckload of money to you. | 而同时给你巨额捐赠 |
[22:06] | Well,then, you tell me. | 那么 你告诉我 |
[22:07] | What kind of deal could they have been making? | 他们之间可能达成怎样的交易呢? |
[22:09] | Manny,listen to yourself. | Manny 听听你自己说的 |
[22:10] | You’re becoming completely preoccupied because some woman told you … | 你变得这么心事重重 只因为一个女人说的话… |
[22:13] | Not some woman. | 不是一般的女人 |
[22:15] | Allison Dubois. Do me a favor. | 是Allison Dubois 帮我个忙 |
[22:18] | Just… keep your ear to the ground. | 只要… 时刻关注那边 |
[22:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:42] | Got your message. | 收到你的消息 |
[22:43] | Dispatch said you think you may have spotted my suspect. | 总台说你你认出了嫌疑人? |
[22:46] | My partner and I got a call to break up a fight in the parking lot. | 我和拍档收到电话 要我们去阻止一起停车场的打斗事件 |
[22:49] | We were finishing up in here with the owner, and I saw someone that looked like your sketch. | 我们跟这边的店主谈完后 就看到了和你素描差不多的女人 |
[22:53] | She even has the coat. | 连衣服都一样 |
[23:04] | Hello. | 喂 |
[23:07] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:10] | – Hello? – Am I waking you? | – 喂? – 我吵到你了吗? |
[23:12] | No. It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[23:14] | I think I may have spotted your exterminating angel, that woman you keep dreaming about? | 我想我找到灭绝天使了 那个你一直梦到的女人 |
[23:17] | She’s here at a bar trolling for guys half her age. | 她正在酒吧里勾引 一群年龄是她一半的男生 |
[23:20] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[23:21] | No,Allison. It’s 11:45. | 不 Allison 现在是11:45 |
[23:23] | I never kid after 10:00 on a weeknight. | 我从来不在工作日晚上10点之后开玩笑 |
[23:27] | So here’s what I’m calling to find out. | 我打电话给你就是想知道 |
[23:29] | You had any more dreams? | 你有再梦到什么吗? |
[23:30] | I mean,is this chick gonna pull a chainsaw out of her purse or a jackhammer out of her underwear? | 我是说 这女人会不会从包里拿出电锯 或从内衣里拿出手提钻机? |
[23:36] | Is there anything I should be on the lookout for? | 有什么我需要注意的吗? |
[23:39] | I’m sorry. I don’t know. | 对不起 我也不知道 |
[23:40] | I haven’t had a dreamt about her in the last couple days. | 我最近几天都没有梦到她 |
[23:42] | Okay,well,I’m gonna take that as a good sign, maybe introduce myself to this little lady, | 好吧 我把这看成一个好消息 或许我过去跟她谈谈 |
[23:46] | see if I can get to the bottom of this thing. | 看看是不是能找出真相 |
[23:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:49] | – All right. – Bye. | – 好吧 – 拜 |
[23:56] | I no,uh, speaka da English so… so good,yeah,no. | 我不会 呃 说英语 不太好… 是的 不会 |
[24:01] | You speaka da English just fine. | 你英语说的不错 |
[24:04] | Oh,pretty. Oh,yeah.Yeah. | 噢 亲爱的 是的 |
[24:07] | Maybe,um, I-I teach you Italiano later,huh? | 或许 呃 我迟些能教你意大利语? |
[24:16] | Excuse me? Excuse me!Phoenix PD. | 打扰下? 打扰下! 凤凰城警察 |
[24:18] | Ma’am,if I could ask you to please step away from the gentleman. | 女士 我能请你离开这位先生吗 |
[24:20] | Keep your hands where I can see them. | 把手拿出来 |
[24:21] | What’s this all abou|| What’s going on? | 这是怎么了? 发生了什么? |
[24:23] | It’s about her,sir. It’s not about you. | 这是她的事 先生 和你没关系 |
[24:24] | If you could stand still and stay calm. | 如果你能站那儿 保持安静的话 |
[24:26] | I am not from here. Are you policia? | 我不是这儿的人 你是警察吗? |
[24:30] | Yeah. That’s me.Policia. | 是的 我是警察 |
[24:31] | Tell you what. Why don’t you hand me the purse? | 听我说 把你的手提包给我 |
[24:33] | Hand me the purse. Turn around. | 把手提包给我 转过身去 |
[24:34] | Put your hands on the car. Turn around. | 把手放在车上 转过去 |
[24:36] | Put your hands on the car. | 把手放在车上 |
[24:39] | Uh,scuzi? Scuzi? | 呃 抱歉? 抱歉? |
[24:43] | Says here,you’re Michelle Todd of Tucson. | 这上面写 你是Michelle Todd 来自图森 |
[24:47] | Okay. | 是的 |
[24:48] | So,uh,is trying to impress a guy in a bar against the law,Officer? | 所以 呃 试图在酒吧里让一个男人 印象深刻也犯法 长官? |
[24:52] | Maybe. | 或许 |
[24:54] | I think you’re going to have to come with me,Ms. Todd. | 我想你要跟我走一趟 Todd女士 |
[24:56] | What? I’m just a girl looking to have some fun. | 什么? 我只是一个来找乐子的女生 |
[24:58] | – What’s the crime? – Murder. | – 犯了什么罪? – 谋杀 |
[25:01] | Well,wait a second. | 等等 |
[25:02] | – What are you talking about? – You ever had any contact with a Ryan Haas or Mr. Sean Covey? | – 你在说什么? – 你认识Ryan Haas或Sean Covey吗? |
[25:06] | Who? | 谁? |
[25:06] | Maybe you never asked them their names. | 或许你从没问过他们的名字 |
[25:08] | A support group widower in need of a little comfort? | 一个是互助组织的鳏夫 需要一些安抚 |
[25:10] | A bartender I suspect you may have nailed? | 一个是酒保 我怀疑被你用钉子杀死了 |
[25:12] | – You have the right to remain silent… – Wait. | – 你有权保持沉默… – 等等 |
[25:13] | Wait,wait. Wait a second.Wait a second! | 等等 等一下 等一下! |
[25:14] | A bartender? Support group widowers? | 一个酒保? 互助组织的鳏夫? |
[25:17] | It sounds like you’re talking about my book. I have a… | 听来像是我的小说 我有一本… |
[25:19] | Ma’am,let’s not make this difficult,okay? | 女士 别让事情太麻烦 好吗? |
[25:20] | No,no,look,look! Open my trunk. | 不 不 瞧 瞧! 打开后备箱 |
[25:22] | It sounds like my book! | 听起来就像是我书里写的! |
[25:23] | Open my trunk, and I’ll show you! | 打开后备箱 我拿给你看! |
[25:24] | All right,all right,all right. | 好吧 好吧 好吧 |
[25:29] | If you take her for a second? | 麻烦帮忙控制住她一会儿 |
[25:37] | A Cougar’s Guide to the Hunt: Bagging a Man in the Urban Jungle by Charisma Kennedy. | 美洲豹捕猎指南:在城市丛林中捕获男人 作者是Charisma Kennedy |
[25:43] | Be nice. That’s my pen name. | 态度好一点儿 那是我的笔名 |
[25:45] | Look,flip it over. Look,see?That’s my picture. | 看看 翻开它 看到了吧? 这是我的照片 |
[25:48] | It’s beautiful. | 很美 |
[25:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:51] | See,in there…in there… Under the chapter headings– look,see? | 看 就在那…就在那… 就在章节标题下面– 看到了吧? |
[25:54] | It’s all there. | 都在上面 |
[25:56] | “Making the Connection at a Support Group.” | “在互助小组里交朋友” |
[26:00] | “Leaving More than a Tip for the Bartender.” | “除了小费 给酒保留下更多东西” |
[26:03] | Nothing in here about cops,huh? | 这上面没提到警察啊? |
[26:05] | No. Why? | 没有 为什么? |
[26:06] | Tonight’s your lucky night. | 今晚你走运 |
[26:08] | I’m going to take you downtown. | 我要带你去市中心做些调查 |
[26:17] | I hate you. It’s barely 7:00 in the morning. | 我恨你 现在7点还没到 |
[26:19] | Hey,early bird,I thought you wanted to catch this worm. | 嘿 早起的鸟儿 我觉得你也想抓住这条害虫 |
[26:22] | Well,where is she? I’ve been here since 6:00. | 好吧 她在哪儿? 我6点就来了 |
[26:25] | Hold your horses. The show is about to begin. | 耐心点儿 表演马上开始 |
[26:28] | Here comes your dream girl now. | 你梦中的女孩来了 |
[26:37] | What do you think? | 有什么想法? |
[26:39] | Well,that’s her. | 是的 就是她 |
[26:40] | At least it looks like her. | 至少 很像她 |
[26:43] | What’s the hesitation about? | 在迟疑什么? |
[26:45] | I don’t know. She looks so frightened. | 我不知道 她看上去很害怕 |
[26:48] | Well,being charged with murder will do that to you. | 如果你被控告谋杀 也会害怕的 |
[26:50] | Hey,when you get a chance, if you have some time, this is actually a pretty good read. | 嘿 有机会的话 如果有时间 这是很不错的读物 |
[26:54] | Every seduction you ever dreamed of is in here. | 你梦到的每个诱惑的场景这里都有 |
[26:56] | The support group, the bartender. | 互助小组 酒保 |
[26:58] | It’s quite uncanny. | 相当诡异 |
[26:59] | What is this, a how-to book for killing men? | 这是什么 一本如何谋杀男人的手册? |
[27:02] | Not killing them, Allison. Seducing them. | 不是谋杀男人 Allison 而是勾引男人 |
[27:05] | Oh,you mean, there’s no chapter in here about the best way to nail-gun your man | 你是说 这里没有一个章节提到 如何用钉枪钉你的男人 |
[27:08] | after he’s flamb闲d you in the kitchen? 在和他们在厨房欢爱之后? | |
[27:11] | Maybe she’s saving that for the sequel. | 可能她把那些留在续篇里了 |
[27:14] | Let’s go have a little chat. | 我们去谈谈吧 |
[27:17] | You both understand how absurd this is. | 你们都知道 这有多荒谬 |
[27:23] | I… Look at me!I-I… | 我…看着我! 我-我… |
[27:25] | I don’t even know how to use a knife or a nail gun. | 我甚至都不会用刀 或者钉枪 |
[27:29] | I like men. In fact,I love them. | 我喜欢男人 事实上 我爱他们 |
[27:31] | I’ve made a lot of money loving them. | 因为爱他们 我挣了不少钱 |
[27:34] | How do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[27:35] | Well, as Charisma Kennedy, I have the books. | 笔名Charisma Kennedy 我写了很多书 |
[27:38] | I’ve written 12. | 我已经出版了12本书 |
[27:40] | That one came out four months ago. | 那本4个月前才出版 |
[27:42] | In fact,I’m still doing the book signings. | 事实上 我还在做签售会 |
[27:45] | Then there’s Charisma Kennedy, the column and blog. | 作为Charisma Kennedy 我写专栏和博客 |
[27:48] | Then as Michelle,I have The Single Girl’s Guide to Financial Independence. | 笔名Michelle 我写了”单身女孩如何保持经济独立” |
[27:52] | And then as John Todd,I have The Single Guy’s Guide to Financial Independence. | 笔名John Todd 我写了”单身小伙如何保持经济独立” |
[27:57] | I’m a busy little girl, but I am no murderer. | 我是个很忙的小女人 但我不是杀人犯 |
[28:01] | Then why don’t you just tell us where you were on the nights in question? | 那你为什么不告诉我们 案发当晚你在哪里? |
[28:07] | Look,I don’t mind waiting for a couple hours | 听着 我不介意多等几个钟头的 |
[28:09] | until your lawyer gets into his office and we can get him down here. | 等到你的律师上班了 然后请他过来 |
[28:12] | No,really. | 不 真的 |
[28:13] | I don’t have anything to hide. I… | 我没什么可隐瞒的 我… |
[28:14] | It’s just you’re not going to believe my alibi. | 只是你不会相信我的不在场证据的 |
[28:18] | What do you mean? | 怎么说? |
[28:19] | Do you not remember what you were doing on the nights in question? | 你不记得那晚你在做什么了? |
[28:22] | I remember exactly what I was doing. | 我记得相当清楚 |
[28:25] | I was at home… | 我在家里… |
[28:27] | alone… reading. | 一个人… 看书 |
[28:28] | I don’t know.Based on what I saw last night, | 我不知道 但是基于我昨晚看到的 |
[28:31] | you don’t strike me as the “home alone reading” type. | 你给我的感觉貌似不是会 “一个人在家看书” 型嘛 |
[28:35] | Well,I am. | 可惜 我就是 |
[28:38] | For the most part. | 大多数时候如此 |
[28:40] | Sure,yeah,sometimes I have to go out and see what’s really going on. | 当然了 有时候我得走出去 看看真实世界 |
[28:44] | Hear the latest lines. | 听听新的词汇 |
[28:45] | Try a new technique. | 试试新的技巧 |
[28:48] | Is there a law against a single girl looking to have some fun? | 难道一个单身女孩出去找点乐子还违法了么? |
[28:51] | You say that,but the fact remains two men are dead. | 你说得没错 但事实有两个男人死了 |
[28:54] | Well,I had nothing to do with it! | 可是跟我一点关系都没的呀! |
[28:57] | I’m no killer. | 我不是凶手 |
[28:58] | Like I said,I love men! | 我都说了 我喜欢男人! |
[29:00] | But the fact remains two men have been murdered using techniques eerily similar to not one, | 但事实是由两个男人被谋杀了 其被杀害的手段和你书中描写的极为相似 |
[29:05] | but two chapters in your book. | 而且不止是一章 是两章 |
[29:08] | Yeah,well,then, maybe it means that your killer can read. | 是 但或许这只说明凶手识字而已 |
[29:14] | Look,I’m going to make this simple for you,Ms. Todd. | 我们还是直说吧 Todd小姐 |
[29:17] | If you can’t provide us with an alibi for the nights in question, | 如果你不能提供案发当晚你的不在场证据 |
[29:19] | then I’m gonna have to exercise my right to hold you for 24 hours | 那我就得按规矩拘留你24小时 |
[29:22] | while I obtain a warrant to search your apartment. | 申请搜查令搜查你的公寓 |
[29:25] | But that’s not right! | 但这是不对的! |
[29:26] | Yeah,well… that’s the law. | 是 不过… 这就是法律规定 |
[29:29] | But don’t worry. | 但也别担心啦 |
[29:30] | I’ll be sending a hot,young thing in here in a minute to,uh,show you to a cell. | 一会我叫个年轻帅小伙领你去拘留室 |
[29:39] | Come in. | 请进 |
[29:43] | Richard. | |
[29:44] | Come on in. Take a seat. | 快进来 请坐 |
[29:49] | I’ll just leave and let you two catch up. | 你们谈吧 我出去了 |
[29:57] | So,you want to tell me about it? | 那么 你想告诉我了么? |
[30:00] | What… What are you talking about,Manny? | 什么… 你在说什么呢 Manny? |
[30:04] | I got a message to come see you, and here I am. | 我收到留言叫我来见你 我就来了呀 |
[30:08] | It’s your meeting. You want an answer?Ask a question. | 这是你召集的 想要答案? 提问先 |
[30:12] | Okay,here’s a question. | 好 问题就是 |
[30:16] | Did you know when I was District Attorney, | 你知道我在做地方检察官时 |
[30:18] | that some concerns surfaced about corruption in the construction sector? | 曾关注过建筑业的贪污行为么? |
[30:22] | No. I…I didn’t know that. | 不 我…我不太清楚这事 |
[30:24] | Didn’t get very far before I was asked to take a permanent vacation. | 也没调查多少 后来我被迫度假了 |
[30:30] | But as it turns out, I still have some friends in the District Attorney’s office, | 但是 看来在地区检察官办公室 我还是有些朋友的 |
[30:33] | and recently, they’ve brought some information to my attention. | 最近 他们告诉我一个引起我注意的消息 |
[30:39] | Paying off city inspectors? | 贿赂市政官员? |
[30:42] | Bribing council members? | 还是贿赂议员? |
[30:44] | Van Dyke must have really put the screws to you. | 你一定有什么大把柄 攥在Van Dyke手里吧 |
[30:47] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[30:49] | but this is a strange way to thank a major contributor to your campaign. | 但你这样报答竞选的主要募捐者 也太奇怪了点 |
[30:55] | Yeah. Right. | 是 没错 |
[30:58] | Thanks. So,how is that supposed to work? | 谢谢 那么你们打算怎么运作呢? |
[31:01] | I cash the check, and then Van Dyke announces that he’s indicting you? | 我把支票兑成现金 然后Van Dyke宣布他要指控你? |
[31:05] | And,oh,yes, isn’t it funny that former DA Manuel Devalos is taking money | 哦对了 这不是很好笑么? 前地方检查官Manuel Devalos |
[31:09] | from a city contractor under investigation for corruption and fraud? | 要从一个被控 欺诈贿赂的承建商手里拿钱 |
[31:14] | What did he promise you? | 他给你什么好处了? |
[31:15] | A suspended sentence, some kind of fine? | 缓刑 还是罚款之类的? |
[31:21] | You’re my friend,Manny. | 你是我朋友 Manny |
[31:24] | Y-You’ve always been my friend. I… | 你 你一直是我的朋友 我… |
[31:29] | I had no choice. I,uh… | 我没得选择 我 呃… |
[31:34] | I can’t go to jail. | 我不能坐监 |
[31:42] | It was very strange. | 很奇怪 |
[31:44] | On one hand I had these very vivid dreams, in which she was always the one. | 一方面在我逼真的梦里 她就是那个凶手 |
[31:48] | And then sitting across from her today, my instincts told me I was wrong. | 但是今天我坐在她对面 直觉告诉我我错了 |
[31:53] | Well,for God’s sake, listen to your instincts. | 那 拜托你就听从你的直觉吧 |
[31:56] | Don’t listen to your instincts. | 千万不要听你的直觉哦 |
[32:01] | Well,she’s in jail tonight. | 她今晚在监狱 |
[32:03] | So,I guess it’s up to the police and the justice system now. | 所以 这是警察和法律系统的事了 |
[32:07] | Why are you scratching your ear? | 你怎么在挠耳朵啊? |
[32:10] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[32:12] | I’m hoping it’s just a case of the power of suggestion. | 但愿只是暗示的力量 |
[32:15] | Hanging out with Marie all this time, watching her scratch her ear. | 一直和Marie在一起 她老是挠耳朵 |
[32:19] | Well,I hope you’re right. | 但愿如此 |
[32:21] | I will be very upset if I have to wake up early in the morning and rush you to the pediatrician. | 我可不想一大早地起来 送你去看五官科医生 |
[32:27] | Right back at you. | 那是报应 |
[32:40] | Where you going? | 你去哪? |
[32:41] | I told you. I have a transport at 0800. | 不是和你说了 我八点整要出发 |
[32:46] | I’m shipping out to Germany for a satellite operations assignment. | 要去德国执行一个卫星操作任务 |
[32:51] | So… last night was it? | 那… 昨晚就完了? |
[32:54] | You turn me out and then you just leave? | 你搞得我性致勃勃 然后转身就走? |
[32:56] | Honey,we agreed. | 宝贝 我们达成一致的 |
[32:58] | No strings attached. | 从此不联系 |
[32:59] | No seeing each other again. | 再也不见面 |
[33:01] | Yeah,but that was before. | 是 但那是之前说的 |
[33:03] | I mean,this is kind of new to me,but… | 我是说 这对我来说有点新鲜 但是… |
[33:06] | I don’t want you to go. | 我不想你走 |
[33:08] | I’ll tell you what. | 不如这样吧 |
[33:10] | I’ll give you something special before I leave. | 给你留下些特别记忆 |
[33:13] | Something to remember me by. | 用来记念我 |
[33:18] | Come here. | 过来 |
[33:20] | What are you doing? | 你想干嘛? |
[33:23] | You’ll see. Give me your hand. | 你会知道的 把手给我 |
[33:33] | There you go. | 好的 |
[33:35] | Now the other. | 另一只手 |
[33:39] | There you go. | 给你 |
[33:46] | Now close your eyes. | 现在闭上眼睛 |
[33:53] | Lift your head. | 抬头 |
[34:08] | They’re bringing her up right now. | 他们正把她带过来 |
[34:10] | How is she? | 她怎样了? |
[34:12] | Relieved. Upset. | 又惊又喜 |
[34:13] | Thrilled that she’s starting to look like she’s not guilty. | 喜的是看来她洗脱嫌疑了 |
[34:15] | Horrified that somebody’s doing this. | 惊的是真的有人这么做 |
[34:17] | I don’t know what to tell you,Lee. | 我都不知道该怎么说了Lee |
[34:18] | In my dreams,I saw her. | 在我的梦里 我看到的就是她 |
[34:20] | I saw her kill that man last night. | 我看到她杀了昨晚那个男人 |
[34:22] | I saw her kill all those men. | 我看到她杀了所有那些男人 |
[34:23] | Well,she definitely didn’t kill the guy you called about last night. | 她肯定不是杀昨晚那个男人的凶手 |
[34:26] | She’s been under lock and key for the past 24 hours. | 过去24小时她都被关在这儿 |
[34:29] | Ms. Todd, I want to tell you that the Phoenix Police Department extends its sincerest apologies. | Todd小姐 我代表凤凰城警局向你致以诚挚的歉意 |
[34:35] | So,that’s it? | 那 就这样了? |
[34:36] | ************ | 我没嫌疑了 |
[34:37] | ******** | 这起案子你没嫌疑了 但另外两宗不好说 |
[34:41] | *********you are free to go. | 但至少眼下你可以走了 |
[34:49] | You know, my book has sold upwards of 60,000 copies. | 要知道我的书卖了有6万本 |
[34:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:55] | Well,it seems to me that means there are at least 60,000 people who could be doing this. | 那对我来说就有6万人可以这么做 |
[34:59] | Who could be using my book, my… | 利用我的书 我的… |
[35:02] | techniques, the scenarios I’ve written to lure young men into bed. | 技巧 以及我写的诱因年轻男子上床的场景 |
[35:06] | Yeah,actually,I thought about that myself. | 是 我也有考虑过这一点 |
[35:08] | Except I couldn’t find the setup for last night’s killing anywhere in here. | 只是我没找到这本书里有昨晚谋杀的场景呀 |
[35:12] | – Really? – Really.Here. | – 是吗? – 是的 你看 |
[35:14] | We know that the killer was dressed up as a naval officer. | 我们知道凶手打扮成海军军官的样子 |
[35:17] | And there isn’t any, anything like that in the book. | 但这本书里没有一点关于这个的描写 |
[35:20] | A naval officer? | 海军军官? |
[35:22] | Oh,they told me they hated that one. | 他们告诉我他们讨厌那一篇 |
[35:26] | I’m sorry. Who told you they hated what? | 抱歉 谁告诉你他们讨厌什么? |
[35:28] | My publisher. | 我的出版商 |
[35:29] | It was one of the scenarios that was cut from my book. | 这是我的书里被删除的场景之一 |
[35:32] | Uh,”Patriot Games” I think I called it. | 我称它为 “爱国者的游戏” |
[35:34] | Female naval officer.It’s her last night before shipping off | 女海军军官 这是她出发前的最后一晚 |
[35:36] | and she is going to spend it sharing her bedroom secrets ******* | 她准备和一个年轻男子 分享她的闺房秘密 |
[35:42] | Um,are there any others? | 呃 还有其他的么? |
[35:45] | Sure. | 当然 |
[35:45] | I remember they couldn’t wait to get rid of “Naughty Nun with a Bad Habit.” | 我记得他们等不及要删掉 “有坏习惯的淘气修女” |
[35:48] | It was like,who has a nun’s habit hanging around? | 现在哪还真有修女啊? |
[35:52] | Oh,and then there’s “The Extra Ticket.” | 还有就是 “多余的票” |
[35:54] | Simple,but effective. | 简单 但很有效 |
[35:56] | Very few men can resist the,the temptation of accepting that extra ticket to “tonight’s big game.” | 很少有男人会拒绝 “今晚重要比赛”多余的门票 |
[36:02] | Of course,it’s after the game that the fun really begins. | 当然了 比赛之后才真正开始有趣 |
[36:06] | And these techniques, these chapters that were cut, who else might have seen them? | 这些技巧 这些被删掉的章节 还有谁能看到? |
[36:12] | Sandra Marshall, my publisher, and-and-and her staff. Yeah. | Sandra Marshall我的出版商 还有 她的工作人员 差不多了 |
[36:24] | ******* | 电视 快看电视 |
[36:26] | Can I have the remote,please? | 把遥控器递给我好吗? |
[36:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:31] | I’m here to speak with you today on behalf of my client and friend,Richard Madsen. | 我今天代表我的客户也是我的朋友 Richard Madsen在此发言 |
[36:35] | Many of you know Richard. | 你们大多数人都认识Richard |
[36:36] | – He built our new hospital downtown. – What the hell is this? | – 他建造了市里的新医院 – 这到底是什么? |
[36:38] | He’s currently hard at work on our new arts complex. | 他最近正致力于建造我们的新艺术中心 |
[36:42] | His firm is also involved in the upkeep of our bridges and roadways. | 他的公司业务还包括维护我们的桥和道路 |
[36:45] | Also,Mr. Madsen is a major financial supporter of my run for District Attorney, | Madsen先生还是我竞选地方检察官的主要资助者 |
[36:50] | which is why it saddened me earlier today to learn that for the past several months, | 因此今早我很伤心地得知 在过去几个月里 |
[36:54] | Mr. Madsen’s firm has been involved in a series of payoffs to city officials | Madsen先生的公司卷入了一系列 贿赂市政人员的案件中 |
[36:59] | in order to secure contracts and approvals his company might not otherwise have enjoyed. | 他这么做是为了保住他的合同和公司 |
[37:03] | Oh,my God. | 哦 天哪 |
[37:05] | My conscience… | 我的良心 … |
[37:06] | it’s been weighing on me. | 一直让我很不安 |
[37:08] | So, I decided to talk to my friend Manuel here, | 所以我决定向我的朋友Manuel坦白 |
[37:12] | who has advised me to throw myself on the mercy of the court. | 他建议我请求法庭的宽大 |
[37:15] | No! No,no,no,no,no! | 不! 不不不不不! |
[37:17] | Corruption in city government is an insidious problem. | 市政腐败是一件很恶劣的行为 |
[37:20] | It cannot happen if it is not allowed to happen. | 要不是有人默许是绝不会发生的 |
[37:28] | Ladies,my name is Detective Lee Scanlon. | 女士们 我是Lee Scanlon警探 |
[37:31] | I’m sure you’re all familiar with the recent series of killings here in Phoenix targeting young,single men. | 我想你们都知道最近凤凰城发生的 年轻单身男子被杀害的系列案件 |
[37:37] | Well,we have reason to believe that these killings may have been inspired by a book that you published here, | 我们有理由怀疑凶手可能是受了 你们出版的一本书的启发 |
[37:42] | a book that all of you women worked on. | 一本在座各位曾处理过的书 |
[37:43] | It’s called A Cougar’s Guide to the Hunt: Bagging a Man in the Urban Jungle. | 叫美洲豹捕猎指南: 在城市丛林中捕获男人 |
[37:48] | I’m sure you’re all familiar with it. Yeah? | 我想你们都是熟悉这本书的吧? |
[37:51] | Well,as part of our investigation,uh, | 作为调查的一部分 |
[37:54] | I’m going to need to know where each of you were on the nights that each of these killings took place. | 我需要知道在每一次案发时 你们每一个人的行踪 |
[37:59] | Then put it right five times,Bridge, but… | 然后乘以5 但是… |
[38:04] | Hello? | 喂? |
[38:05] | Allison. It’s Lee. | Allison 我是Lee |
[38:06] | I’m over here at Michelle’s publishing company. | 我在Michelle的出版社 |
[38:08] | I gotta tell you, it’s a complete strikeout. | 我得告诉你 大失所望阿 |
[38:10] | Every single one of the women who worked on this book has a rock-solid alibi. | 她们每一个人都有确凿的不在场证据 |
[38:15] | Allison? | |
[38:16] | I don’t know what to tell you,Lee. I’m stumped,too. | 我也不知道该怎么说了Lee 我也不懂了 |
[38:19] | Well,that’s two of us. Except I’m stumped and hungry. | 我们都不明白 只是我还很饿 |
[38:22] | Uh,I’m going to get out of here.Call me if you need me. | 我现在得出去了 需要我就打电话 |
[38:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:48] | You work here? | 你在这里工作? |
[38:49] | No. Just visiting. | 不 只是访客 |
[38:51] | Are you an author? | 你是作者么? |
[38:54] | Elliot Davis. This is my company. | 我叫Elliot Davis 这是我的公司 |
[38:57] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[38:59] | Are you from out of town? | 你从城外来的? |
[39:00] | You got that slightly dazed, “I’m from out of town” look in your eye. | 你有点不知所措 你的眼睛仿佛诉说”我从城外来” |
[39:04] | Do I? | 是吗? |
[39:08] | You know what?If you’re free, | 不如这样 如果你有空 |
[39:09] | I’ve got a couple of tickets to the big game tonight. | 我有两张今晚那场比赛的票子 |
[39:11] | I was supposed to go with a buddy of mine, but he just cancelled. | 本来我和我朋友去的 但他去不了 |
[39:16] | We could grab some dinner. Catch the game.Whatever. | 我们可以吃个晚饭 看个比赛啥的 |
[39:20] | Where should I pick you up? | 我在哪接你呢? |
[39:25] | What? You’ve never been approached by a man before? | 怎么? 你没被男人约过么? |
[39:28] | At my age,I don’t get approached much by anybody. | 到我这个年龄 就没人约了 |
[39:30] | No,I don’t believe that. | 我才不相信 |
[39:33] | I mean,who doesn’t appreciate the company of young people? | 我是说 谁不希望跟年轻人一块儿呢? |
[39:36] | But every now and then, it’s nice to spend some time with somebody who can carry on a conversation. | 但偶尔 和聊的来的朋友在一起也不错 |
[39:42] | Ah,you’d be amazed at the number of people, who otherwise would never… | 你会惊讶于有那么多人 平日看来根本不可能… |
[39:48] | yeah,they’re at a vulnerable moment. | 但他们也会脆弱不堪 |
[39:49] | They’re lonely. They’re bored. | 他们孤单 他们也闷 |
[39:52] | In a strange city. | 在一个陌生的城市 |
[39:56] | It’s just a basketball game. | 不过是场篮球赛 |
[40:01] | I’ve been told I’m terrific company. | 人们一直说我是个很好的伴侣 |
[40:05] | I promise you, I’m discreet. | 我保证 我很细心的 |
[40:08] | In fact,I think I can safely say that no one who’s ever spent time with me has ever lived to regret it. | 事实上 我敢说和我交往过的人 没人后悔过 |
[40:18] | City detectives announced this afternoon that publisher Elliot Davis | 市局警探称今天下午出版商Elliot Davis |
[40:22] | has been arrested and charged with three counts of murder. | 已被逮捕 并被指控三重谋杀 |
[40:25] | The 49-year-old Davis reportedly confessed to luring three local men to their deaths, | 据报道 49岁的Davis 承认诱杀3名年轻本地男子的罪名 |
[40:31] | using a book his company published that advises older women how to seduce young men. | 利用他公司出版的一本 教老女人勾引年轻男人的书里的技巧 |
[40:37] | Michelle Todd,who goes by the name Charisma Kennedy, | Michelle Todd 笔名 Charisma Kennedy |
[40:40] | the author of A Cougar’s Guide to the Hunt, | 美洲豹捕猎指南的作者 |
[40:42] | was shocked to learn how her book played a role in the murder spree… | 听说这本书被用于谋杀案时十分震惊… |
[40:47] | Okay,quit moving. | 好了 别动 |
[40:48] | I can’t get this medicine in your ear. | 我不能把药水滴进你耳朵了呀 |
[40:50] | Naturally,I’m shocked and saddened that a book that | 当然 我很惊讶也很难过我的书 |
[40:53] | I wrote with the intention of bringing pleasure | 本是为了给某一年纪的女子带来快乐 |
[40:56] | and-and hope to women of a certain age would be used in such a perverse way. | 竟然被这么利用 |
[41:00] | I mean,it’s obviously a very effective book… | 我是说 显然这本书的确有效… |
[41:04] | maybe too effective. | 可能太过有效了 |
[41:08] | And what’s next for you? | 你下一步的打算是什么? |
[41:10] | Well,ironically,this tragedy has brought a lot of attention to the Cougar books. | 讽刺的是 这出惨剧 引起了人们对美洲豹丛书的关注 |
[41:14] | I’ve gotten a number of calls from cable networks about a Cougar reality show, | 我接到许多有线电视网络的电话 跟我谈美洲豹真人秀 |
[41:18] | and maybe a Cougar Web site or a social networking,uh,page like My Cougar. | 美洲豹网站或社交网页 例如”我的美洲豹” |
[41:23] | And you know… I’m open to anything. | 要知道… 我什么都可以的 |
[41:27] | What is she saying? I can’t hear. | 她在说什么? 我听不到 |
[41:28] | I can’t hear anything with all this, this medicine in my ear. | 这药水在我耳朵里 我什么都听不到 |
[41:32] | Don’t worry. You didn’t miss a thing. | 别担心啦 你啥都没错过 |