时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Medium: | |
[00:01] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰 |
[00:02] | Alison Dubois, this is Special… | Alison Dubois 这位是特派员… |
[00:03] | Edward Cooper, of the FBI. | Edward Cooper 隶属于FBI |
[00:05] | I’m very familiar with your work,sir. | 我对你的著作很熟悉 先生 |
[00:07] | I had a dream about this guy last night. | 昨晚我梦到了他 |
[00:09] | What’s he got that I don’t? | 他有什么是我所没有的? |
[00:11] | An amazing reputation as a criminal profiler, for one thing. | 作为一位犯罪侧写员荣获极高声誉 这是其一 |
[00:15] | You see things,don’t you? | 你能见到那些 对吗 |
[00:17] | I dedicated myself to getting inside the minds of killers. | 我致力于将自己融入凶手的思想 |
[00:21] | It wasn’t my choice. | 这不是我愿意的 |
[00:23] | You go into the heads of murderers whether you want to or not. | 无论你愿意与否 都能进入凶手的思想中 |
[00:28] | I know what you did. | 我知道你做了什么 |
[00:29] | I know you put two bullets into Richard Gomez, | 我知道你开两枪射杀Richard Gomez |
[00:31] | and I will find a way to expose you. | 我会想办法揭发你 |
[01:27] | Housekeeping! | 客房服务 |
[01:32] | You want turn-down service? | 不用客房服务吗 |
[02:27] | Medium Season04 Episode12 | |
[02:35] | as of now,my combi. the combination of my amplification mirror optics and unique software logarithms | 如今 各位同僚 结合扩大反射镜 光学及特有的对数软件 |
[02:40] | make a consumer-grade solar cell 10% more efficient. | 能让太阳能电池效率提高10% |
[02:44] | At least 10% more efficient. | 至少能提高10% |
[02:47] | With additional funding, I think I can get that number closer to 15,maybe even 20%. | 追加资金 我想可以将效率 提高到15%甚至20% |
[02:52] | Very impressive. | 非常出色 |
[02:54] | I’d fund your project. | 我投资你的计划 |
[02:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:57] | And how much money do you have? | 你有多少钱 |
[02:59] | Including the redeemable bottles I’m bringing back to the market, about $17. | 加上我从超市带回来的 可回收瓶子 大概17块 |
[03:04] | You know what? I’m gonna stick with Buchanon-Lockhart. | 知道吗 我还是和Buchanon-Lockhart谈吧 |
[03:07] | I think they’re gonna want to fund you,too. | 我想他们也会投资的 |
[03:09] | Oh,they’d better. | 最好这样 |
[03:11] | They’re the only venture capital firm I could get a meeting with. | 他们是唯一一家肯见我的风险投资公司 |
[03:16] | If this presentation doesn’t go well, | 如果展示进行的不顺利 |
[03:18] | I’m pretty much gonna have to hold a bake sale to raise the capital. | 我恐怕得去靠卖面包来筹集资金了 |
[03:26] | You reading Cooper’s book again? | 你又看Cooper的书呢 |
[03:27] | I was just thumbing through it when you were in the shower. | 只是在你冲凉的时候随便翻翻 |
[03:30] | I just can’t get that dream out of my head. | 我怎么也忘不了那个梦 |
[03:32] | I tried calling the FBI this morning. | 今早我给FBI打电话 |
[03:35] | They wouldn’t tell me where he was or what he was working on. | 他们不肯告诉我他在哪 或者在做什么 |
[03:37] | Well,I guess they’re not in the habit of | 我想他们只是不习惯 |
[03:40] | supplying the whereabouts of their agents to anyone who asks. | 透露调查员的行踪 |
[03:43] | Guess not. | 我想也是 |
[03:46] | Well,even if you could find him,what would you do? | 就算你找到了他 你会怎么做 |
[03:48] | What would you say to him? | 会同他说什么 |
[03:49] | How are you gonna stop whatever it is you saw from happening? | 你将如何阻止梦见的场面发生 |
[03:52] | You know the drill. This guy– he kills killers. | 你知道实情 这个人谋杀杀手的 |
[03:55] | It’s still killing. | 枪杀仍在继续 |
[03:58] | No,I know. I just… I-I… You know,you’re right. | 我知道 只是…好吧 你是对的 |
[04:01] | And you did let him get away with it once. | 上次你的确让他逃之夭夭 |
[04:03] | Yeah. Don’t think that hasn’t kept me up nights. | 对 别以为我忘了这事 |
[04:05] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[04:08] | Mom,I need you! | 妈妈 我需要你 |
[04:12] | Bridgette’s wiggling her teeth while I’m trying to eat. | 我吃东西的时候Bridgette使劲晃牙齿 |
[04:14] | So what? Do you have a problem with a kid trying to make some extra money? | 那又怎样 你对一个想赚外块的 孩子有意见不成 |
[04:17] | Okay. What is the matter? | 好了 什么情况 |
[04:19] | What is the commotion all about? | 为什么闹 |
[04:21] | Bridgette’s teeth are loose and she’s wiggling them with her fingers trying to get them to come out. | Bridgette的牙要掉了 她用手晃牙齿 想给弄下来 |
[04:23] | It’s disgusting. | 太恶心了 |
[04:25] | It is not disgusting if each of these teeth is worth a dollar under my pillow. | 一点也不恶心 每颗牙都能换成 一块钱藏在我枕头下 |
[04:30] | Bridgette,honey, you’re supposed to just wait for your teeth to fall out on their own. | Bridgette 亲爱的 你应该 等着牙自己掉下来 |
[04:33] | You’re not supposed to use your fingers to loosen them. | 你不该用手去松动牙齿 |
[04:35] | I don’t know,Mom. | 我不知道 妈妈 |
[04:37] | I’ve been hearing about how bad the economy is and… | 我听说经济不景气… |
[04:39] | hereI am,sitting on 26 bucks. I can make a difference. | 我要是有了26块钱(26颗牙) 就可以让事情发生改变 |
[04:43] | That’s the stupidest thing I have ever heard. | 这是我听过最愚蠢的事情了 |
[04:49] | All right,stop it. Stop it,stop it. Listen. | 好了 安静 安静 听着 |
[04:51] | Daddy has a really big day. | 今天是爸爸的大日子 |
[04:53] | I want no more commotion. I want no tugging. | 我不希望你们闹 不希望有争吵 |
[04:55] | I want no nuh-uh’ing. I want silence. | 更不希望哼哼 我想要安静 |
[04:58] | I’m here because the District Attorney has asked me to bring my expertise to bear | 我来此是应地方检察官之邀 |
[05:01] | on a potentially very difficult case. | 用自己的专长来解决一件棘手案子 |
[05:04] | I arrived in Phoenix yesterday, but I’ve already… | 我昨天抵达凤凰城 但已经… |
[05:08] | concluded my preliminary analysis of the police files. | 对警方资料有了初步结论 |
[05:11] | Oh,my God. | 天哪 |
[05:22] | Oh,well,this must be important. | 应该是件重要事 |
[05:25] | I don’t know if you’ve heard, but we’ve got a serial killer here in Phoenix. | 不知你是否听说 凤凰城来了位连环杀人犯 |
[05:29] | I may have heard a little something about that. | 我可能听过一点 |
[05:30] | What’s on your mind,Allison? | 你指哪位 Allison |
[05:32] | Agent Edward Cooper. | Edward Cooper探员 |
[05:33] | I know he’s in town working on the case. | 我知道他来帮忙破案 |
[05:34] | I need to know what he’s up to. | 我想知道是哪个案子 |
[05:37] | That’s Gretchen Ballard. | 这是Gretchen Ballard |
[05:38] | She was a hooker,worked the area around Shadyside. | 是个在Shadyside一带工作的妓女 |
[05:41] | Seven months ago a garbageman found her body in an alley. | 七个月前一位清洁工 在小巷里发现了她的尸体 |
[05:44] | Somebody’d stabbed her 26 times. | 被人刺了26刀 |
[05:46] | Oh,God. | 天哪 |
[05:46] | A buddy of mine caught the case. | 我的同僚接手这个案件 |
[05:47] | He never solved it, but he always remembered one little detail. | 此案没有侦破 但他却记得一个小细节 |
[05:51] | When they found Gretchen Ballard’s body, she was wearing a silver wedding band. | 当找到Gretchen Ballard尸体时 她戴着银质婚戒 |
[05:55] | Really? A prostitute with a wedding band? | 真的吗 一个戴着银质婚戒的妓女? |
[05:57] | That’s weird,right? | 有点奇怪 对吧 |
[05:59] | Well,two days ago, some kids found the body of another prostitute. | 两天前 一些孩子发现了另一具妓女的尸体 |
[06:03] | Amanda Boone. | |
[06:05] | Also stabbed more than 20 times. Also wearing… | 同样被刺20刀以上 同样戴着… |
[06:08] | a silver wedding band? | 银质婚戒? |
[06:10] | Okay,that’s weird. | 好吧 很奇怪 |
[06:12] | Cooper’s in town to help us determine if the two cases are connected. | Cooper是来帮助我们推断 这两起案件是否相关 |
[06:16] | He went through all the old case files, and he found a third, | 他翻阅了所有旧案件 然后发现了第三起 |
[06:20] | unsolved murder that’s a potential match. | 一个未侦破的谋杀案与此类似 |
[06:23] | A little over a year ago, a pro named Nina Jarvis was stabbed to death in Glendale. | 一年多以前 一个名叫Nina Jarvis的 妓女在Glendale被刺身亡 |
[06:28] | The ME’s report said she was wearing a silver wedding band. | 法医报告说她也戴着银质婚戒 |
[06:31] | Nobody thought much of it at the time, but now Cooper wants to take a look. | 当时没人留意 但如今Cooper想看一下 |
[06:34] | So where’s Cooper now? | Cooper现在人在哪里 |
[06:36] | Why does that matter so much to you? | 为什么这事对你那么重要 |
[06:38] | If you’ve seen something that ties to this case, why don’t you just tell me? | 如果你见到了与案情相关的东西 为什么不告诉我呢 |
[06:40] | I’ll make sure word gets to Cooper. | 我保证会转达给Cooper |
[06:42] | Because I can’t. | 我不能 |
[06:43] | Cooper’s the only person I can talk to about this. | 我只能和Cooper说 |
[06:46] | Now,where is he? Please. | 现在 他人在哪里 请告诉我 |
[06:48] | Right about now, Cooper’s getting a little face time with Nina Jarvis, | 此时此刻 Cooper和Nina Jarvis在一起 |
[06:51] | our potential third victim. | 就是我们的潜在第三受害者 |
[06:53] | They’re exhuming her body to see if her ring matches the other two. | 他们正在挖掘尸体 调查是否 她的戒指同另外两个相同 |
[06:56] | Now,you didn’t hear it from me, but she’s buried at Sycamore Hill Cemetery. | 不是我说的 但她葬在Sycamore山岗墓地 |
[07:00] | If you drive over there now, I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for. | 如果你驱车赶往 我肯定你会找到你想要的 |
[07:11] | Mr. Dubois? | Dubois先生 |
[07:13] | Can I get you anything to drink? | 想来点什么喝的吗 |
[07:15] | Oh,no,thank you. I’m fine. | 不用了 谢谢 我没事 |
[07:20] | It’s a good sign, you know. | 这是个好兆头 知道吗 |
[07:23] | The fact that they’re still talking. | 他们还在讨论 |
[07:26] | It means your presentation went well. | 这说明你的展示还不错 |
[07:39] | Miss Doyle. | Doyle小姐 |
[07:40] | I’m sorry,Mr. Dubois. | 我很抱歉 Dubois先生 |
[07:42] | As we mentioned in the meeting, we’ve already got a couple of competitive projects in the pipeline. | 正如我们会上所说 我们已经有了几项竞争性项目 |
[07:46] | We’re worried about overlap. | 我们担心与其他项目重叠 |
[07:48] | It’s okay. Really. | 没关系 真的 |
[07:50] | Uh,just grateful you were willing to hear me out. | 感谢你们能听我说完 |
[07:52] | For what it’s worth… | 但我想说… |
[07:54] | I fought for you. | 我努力为你争取过了 |
[07:56] | I happen to think your idea’s a lot smarter than the ones we’re backing. | 我认为你的想法比我们 支持的那些要明智许多 |
[08:00] | Well,for what it’s worth, I appreciate that. | 对此万分感激 |
[08:06] | I just want to reiterate what an honor it is to be working with you, Agent Cooper. | 我只想再次重申 能同你一起工作 是我的荣幸 Cooper探员 |
[08:11] | I’ve followed your career for many years, even had the pleasure of reading your books. | 我关注你许多年了 甚至拜读了你的大作 |
[08:16] | I want to assure you that if we do learn that these murders are connected, | 我向你保证如果我们确定 这些案件的确相关联 |
[08:19] | my office is prepared to offer you whatever resources you may need to catch the perpetrator. | 我们警局会准备你所需的任何资料 来助你抓到疑犯 |
[08:24] | And if it would be at all helpful, | 如果有帮助 |
[08:26] | I’m happy to liaise with the mayor’s office on your behalf, perhaps even the media. | 我乐意代表你去联络市长办公室 甚至联络媒体 |
[08:31] | That’s quite a selfless gesture,Mr. Van Dyke, | 这真是个无私的举动 Van Dyke先生 |
[08:35] | offering to stand in front of all those cameras for me. | 让我代你站在聚光灯下 |
[08:57] | It’s a match to the other rings. | 与其它戒指相符 |
[09:01] | Looks like you’re going to end up in front of a camera after all. | 看来你还得站在聚光灯下了 |
[09:04] | I’ll inform the mayor. | 我去通知市长 |
[09:15] | Mrs. Dubois, what a pleasant surprise. | Dubois夫人 真是让人感到惊喜 |
[09:17] | Welcome back to Phoenix, Agent Cooper. | 欢迎回到凤凰城 Cooper探员 |
[09:19] | I wish I could say I was glad to be back in town, | 真希望我能说很高兴回来 |
[09:21] | but,unfortunately,you can see that I’m here on business. | 但不幸的是 你也看到 我是为正事回来的 |
[09:26] | Speaking of which, I can’t tell you how disappointed I was to hear | 说到这 我非常遗憾的听说 |
[09:29] | that you’re no longer consulting for the District Attorney’s office. | 你不再担任地方检察官的顾问 |
[09:32] | I’m sure you are. | 我肯定你很遗憾 |
[09:33] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[09:35] | I know how very good you are at what you do. | 我知道你有多么在行 |
[09:38] | I suspect I know it better than most. | 我想我是体会最深的人了 |
[09:42] | I don’t have much time, Agent Cooper, so if you’ll forgive me, | 我没有多少时间 Cooper探员 如果你能原谅我 |
[09:45] | I’ll just cut right to the chase. | 我就直接切入正题 |
[09:46] | I know what you’re doing here in Phoenix and I’m here to tell you | 我知道你来凤凰城做什么 我是来告诉你 |
[09:51] | I’m not going to let you get away with it. | 我不会再让你逃脱 |
[09:53] | You’re not going to let me get away with catching a serial killer? | 你不会让我抓到一个连环杀人犯吗 |
[09:57] | I’m not going to let you kill him. | 我不会让你杀了他 |
[09:58] | I had a dream and I saw you murder a man. | 我梦到你杀了个人 |
[10:01] | I’m not sure what you think you saw, | 我不知道你对看到的作何感想 |
[10:05] | but the fact of the matter is I’m not like the men that I hunt. | 但事实是 我与追捕的犯人不同 |
[10:09] | I don’t do what I do out of compulsion. | 我不是为满足私欲 |
[10:11] | I do it out of necessity. | 而是必须得做 |
[10:13] | I only take action when the system fails. | 当法律体系失灵我才会采取行动 |
[10:17] | But I assure you my intention is to bring this man to justice, | 但我向你保证我的意图 是将这个人绳之以法 |
[10:23] | not deliver my own brand of it. | 而不是放纵自己的行为 |
[10:25] | I know what I saw. | 我知道我见到了什么 |
[10:26] | I saw you sneaking into a man’s hotel room. | 我见到你溜进一个男人的旅馆房间 |
[10:29] | You had your gun out. | 你掏出了枪 |
[10:30] | I saw the look on his face when you were closing in on him. | 还见到当你逼近他时 他脸上的神情 |
[10:33] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:37] | Did you just say that you saw this man’s face? | 你说你见到那个人的脸了吗 |
[10:42] | Can you describe him to me? | 能给我描述一下吗 |
[10:48] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[10:50] | You don’t want to give me a description of a man you think I’m going to murder. | 你不想给我描述凶手的样貌 因为你认为我会去杀了他 |
[10:58] | Prioritize,Mrs. Dubois. | 想想优先权 Dubois夫人 |
[11:02] | Help me protect the citizens of Phoenix from a serial killer. | 帮助我拯救那些可能 被连环杀手谋杀的凤凰城公民 |
[11:07] | Then you can worry about protecting the serial killer from me. | 然后你可以再担心 怎么让凶手不被我谋杀 |
[11:12] | Agent Cooper? | Cooper探员? |
[11:14] | Is this woman bothering you? | 这个女人让你烦了? |
[11:16] | Quite the contrary, Mr. Van Dyke. | 恰恰相反 Van Dyke先生 |
[11:19] | Mrs. Dubois and I are just working out the terms of a deal. | Dubois夫人和我刚刚达成一项协议 |
[11:22] | I’m sorry. I don’t understand. What kind of deal? | 抱歉 我不明白 什么协议 |
[11:26] | I’m assuming that your offer to provide me with whatever resource I might need still stands. | 我想你愿意给我提供任何我所需的资源 |
[11:31] | Of course it does. | 确实如此 |
[11:32] | Good. Because I need her. | 很好 因为我需要她 |
[11:35] | I need Allison Dubois. | 我需要Allison Dubois |
[11:41] | Boy,have I not missed seeing that sort of stuff around the house. | 老天 你还没有看完那些血淋淋的玩意儿 |
[11:44] | Sorry. They’re Agent Cooper’s. | 抱歉 这些是Cooper探员的 |
[11:46] | He wanted me to look over everything he had, make sure I was ready for tomorrow. | 他想让我了解一切 为明天做好准备 |
[11:51] | Gotta hand it to that guy. | 这家伙真有本事 |
[11:53] | He must be one hell of a salesman. | 他一定是最棒的推销员 |
[11:55] | Salesman? | 推销员? |
[11:57] | I’m just saying that this morning you couldn’t live with the possibility | 我是说今早你还对他 |
[12:00] | that he might take another life. | 可能杀害另一个人而惴惴不安 |
[12:01] | And,tonight,he’s your new partner. | 而晚上 他就成了你的新搭档 |
[12:03] | He swore to me that he wouldn’t harm the man who killed these women. | 他向我发誓不会伤害 那个杀死这些女人的凶手 |
[12:08] | You at least got a pinky-swear to that effect,right? | 你至少有个勾手指的约定 对吗 |
[12:11] | ‘Cause,without one, he’s really under no legal obligation to stop killing. | 如果没有这个 他真的没有 法律责任来停止杀戮 |
[12:19] | I’m sorry. I shouldn’t tease. | 对不起 我不该戏弄你 |
[12:22] | Frankly,I’m just glad that someone in this house is bringing home a paycheck. | 坦白讲 我很高兴有人带支票回家 |
[12:27] | Honey,I’m sorry it didn’t work out with those venture capitalists. | 亲爱的 很遗憾那些风险 投资商不肯投资 |
[12:30] | I guess I could learn a thing or two about salesmanship from Agent Cooper,huh? | 我想我可以跟Cooper探员 学个推销的一招半式 是不 |
[12:35] | Oh,come on. You know you gave a good presentation. | 得了 你知道你的展示很好的 |
[12:37] | They told you it was a good idea. | 他们说了是个好主意 |
[12:39] | Yeah? Well,that and a quarter… | 是吗 这可有待商榷 |
[12:44] | You know,if you’re looking for investors, maybe you might want to try Bridgette. | 如果你想找投资商 可以去找Bridgette |
[12:51] | Well,she’s having quite a run with the tooth fairy. | 她跟牙齿仙女谈好了 |
[12:55] | A dollar a tooth. | 一颗牙一美元 |
[12:56] | You know,maybe if we feed her nothing but taffy… | 如果我们只给她吃太妃糖… |
[13:00] | That’s not funny. | 不好笑 |
[13:04] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:14] | Having had some time to familiarize myself with the forensic evidence gathered from the three victims, | 我花了些时间来了解从三位 受害者身上搜集到的法医证据 |
[13:19] | as well as the manner in which they were killed, | 也了解了她们被杀的方式 |
[13:22] | I’ve prepared a very preliminary psychological profile of the man we’re looking for. | 我为正在寻找的凶手 准备了份初步心理描写 |
[13:29] | His methodology indicates he has deep-seated issues with women. | 他的作案方法显示他 对女人有着极深的成见 |
[13:34] | He probably compensates for his inability to deal with the opposite sex | 或许他是为了补偿自己对异性的无能 |
[13:38] | by concentrating excessively on his own appearance. | 通过过度注重自己的外表 |
[13:43] | He’s not an attractive man, but he’s a vain one. | 他不是个有魅力的男人 但却是虚荣的一个 |
[13:48] | I wouldn’t be surprised if he adheres to a rigorous exercise regimen. | 如果他还注重严格的锻炼 也是不足为奇的 |
[13:58] | Very impressive, Agent Cooper. | 非常令人印象深刻 Cooper探员 |
[13:59] | I’ll give you that. | 我不得不说 |
[14:01] | Hair color,eye color, approximate age,height, and weight. | 发色 眼睛颜色 预估年龄 身高和体重 |
[14:05] | Given this level of detail, I take it we now have a witness to one of the murders? | 描述得如此具体 我猜我们肯定是 找到一个见过凶手的目击证人了? |
[14:10] | Let’s just say that Mrs. Dubois’ consulting services | 我们还是说这是Dubois女士的参考意见 |
[14:15] | have already proven quite valuable, | 已经被证实很有价值 |
[14:17] | and leave it at that. | 就这么说吧 |
[14:19] | You stand behind this composite then? | 你一定要趟这趟浑水? |
[14:21] | You’re willing to stake your reputation on it? | 你要把你的声誉都押在这上面? |
[14:25] | Why,Mr. District Attorney, I thought we were in this together. | 为什么这么说 地方检察官先生 我以为我们是在统一战线的 |
[14:30] | I’ll make sure it’s distributed then. | 我会确保这份资料分发出去的 |
[14:35] | I’ve asked Mrs. Dubois to work from here today. | 我已经邀请Dubois女士今天在这里工作了 |
[14:37] | Go through your mug books, see if any faces jump out at her. | 让她看看那些存档的罪犯照片 看看能不能发现凶手 |
[14:40] | She’s welcome to any vacant desk in the bullpen. | 临时区的那些座位随她选一个 |
[14:43] | – That’ll be fine. – I’m afraid that’s not quite good enough. | – 没问题 – 我恐怕这还不够 |
[14:46] | Mrs. Dubois requires a certain amount of quiet to do her job. | Dubois女士工作的时候需要保证安静 |
[14:51] | A certain amount of solitude. | 一个人呆着 |
[14:54] | I thought maybe you could put her up in one of your private offices. | 我想你也许可以把她安排在一个 你的私人办公室里 |
[15:00] | Agent Cooper… | Cooper探员… |
[15:01] | Mr. Van Dyke. | Van Dyke先生 |
[15:05] | I realize that you and Mrs. Dubois have a history, | 我知道你和Dubois女士过去有过节 |
[15:09] | but surely you’re willing to put that aside in the interest of catching this killer. | 但是为了能抓获凶手 你肯定会不计前嫌的吧 |
[15:14] | After all… | 毕竟… |
[15:16] | I’d hate to have the press get wind of the fact | 我不喜欢媒体捕风捉影的说 |
[15:18] | that I was getting anything less than your complete cooperation. | 我没有得到你的鼎立协作 |
[15:28] | I believe we have an office available on the second floor. | 我想我们在二楼有一间空的办公室 |
[15:32] | You’re welcome to it. | 欢迎你去那里 |
[15:34] | That wasn’t really necessary. | 真的没必要这样 |
[15:36] | What wasn’t? | 什么不必要? |
[15:37] | That. Much as I love watching that weasel squirm, | 刚才 虽然我很乐意看见那个小人屈服 |
[15:40] | I didn’t even have my own office when Devalos was in charge. | 就算是Devalos当权的时候 我都没有我自己的办公室 |
[15:43] | Well,maybe he didn’t value your services as much as I do. | 那么 也许是他没有像我这样 看重你的工作 |
[15:48] | Well,while we’re on the subject of my services, | 说到我的工作 |
[15:50] | I had another dream about our killer last night, | 我昨晚又做了一个关于凶手的梦 |
[15:52] | and you should know that your profile was right on the money. | 你应该知道你的侧写是对的 |
[15:55] | He was watching your press conference | 他在看你的新闻发布会 |
[15:57] | while he adhered to his “rigorous exercise regimen.” | 正当他在做”严格运动养生”法的时候 |
[16:00] | Did you see anything that might help us locate him? | 你有没有看见什么能够帮助 我们找到他的线索? |
[16:02] | No,but he didn’t look too happy about having the darkest corners | 没 不过他看上去不怎么高兴 住在一个阴暗的角落里 |
[16:06] | of his psyche aired on television. | 看到自己的变态行为在电视上曝光 |
[16:09] | “Unhappy” is good, Mrs. Dubois. | “他不高兴”是好事 Dubois女士 |
[16:12] | If he’s unhappy, he’s that much closer to making a mistake. | 如果他不高兴 他就离露出马脚更近一步了 |
[16:16] | Mr. Dubois? | Dubois先生? |
[16:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[16:22] | I’m glad you found me. | 我很高兴你能找到我 |
[16:23] | My assistant’s not always the best when it comes to directions. | 我的助手指方向的时候不怎么灵光 |
[16:26] | Please. | 请坐 |
[16:31] | Well,I’m due back at the office, so I’m going to get right to the point. | 我得赶回办公室了 所以我就开门见山 |
[16:36] | I’m here because I want to help you develop your solar cell amplification system. | 我来这里 是因为我想帮助你继续 研发你的太阳能电池强化系统 |
[16:41] | And I believe I have the funding to do it. | 我相信有足够资金资助你 |
[16:48] | Ms. Doyle,Meghan… | Doyle小姐 Meghan… |
[16:50] | I don’t know what to say. I don’t know how to thank you. | 我都不知道该说什么好 我真不知道该如何感谢你 |
[16:53] | I don’t know what you said to your colleagues to bring them around,but… | 我不知道你跟你同事们说了什么 能让他们回心转意 但是… |
[16:55] | Actually,I didn’t say anything. | 事实上 我什么也没说 |
[16:56] | I’m sure they’re just as dead-set against going into business with you today as they were yesterday. | 我想他们现在依旧坚持不与你合作 就像昨天所说的一样 |
[17:02] | Then I’m afraid I’m a little confused. | 那么我想我有点不明白了 |
[17:04] | You just said that you had the funding. | 你刚才还说你有资金来赞助我 |
[17:06] | If the money’s not coming from Buchanon-Lockhart,then where… | 如果钱不是从Buchanon-Lockhart来的 那么是从哪里… |
[17:09] | Me,Mr. Dubois. | 是我 Dubois先生 |
[17:10] | The money would be coming from me. | 那些钱是我出的 |
[17:13] | Like I told you yesterday, I believe in your idea. | 就像我昨天跟你说的那样 我对你的设计有信心 |
[17:15] | I think it’s a money-maker. | 我觉得这个东西会大赚一笔 |
[17:18] | And the truth is, I’ve been looking for an opportunity like this for a long time. | 事实上 我在找这样的机会已经很久了 |
[17:22] | I’m tired of making money for Buchanon-Lockhart. | 我已经厌倦只为Buchanon-Lockhart打工了 |
[17:26] | I want to go into business for myself. | 我想要开创我自己的事业 |
[17:28] | I want to get my hands dirty. | 我要亲自试水 |
[17:30] | I’ve saved about $300,000 just waiting to hear the right idea. | 我已经存了300,000美元 一直在等待一个合适的创意 |
[17:35] | And I think I’ve heard it. | 现在我想我找到了 |
[17:44] | Agent Cooper? | Cooper探员? |
[17:48] | Agent Cooper,it’s late. | Cooper探员 现在已经很晚了 |
[17:50] | I was going to head home. | 我准备回家了 |
[17:55] | Agent Cooper… | Cooper探员… |
[18:03] | I see you’ve found my high-tech security system. | 我看见你发现了我的高科技保安系统 |
[18:06] | I do it everywhere I go. | 不管走到哪里 我都会这么做 |
[18:07] | It’s just something I use to make sure | 这只是我用来确保 |
[18:10] | that nobody’s been in my office while I’m gone. | 我不在的时候没人进我办公室 |
[18:12] | It’s a bit paranoid, I know. | 这样做有点太多疑了 我懂 |
[18:14] | But I’m afraid I just can’t help myself. | 但是我想老习惯是改不掉了 |
[18:26] | Well,I went through these files twice,sir. | 我把这些档案都看了两遍 长官 |
[18:28] | Our killer’s not in here. | 这里面没有我们找的凶手 |
[18:32] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:33] | Oh,no need for apologies. | 哦 没必要道歉 |
[18:35] | Well,I just wish we were further along. | 我真希望我能有些进展 |
[18:39] | “Further along?” | “有些进展”? |
[18:41] | Mrs. Dubois, because of you, | Dubois女士 因为你 |
[18:46] | I have what could very well turn out to be a physical description of the killer. | 我有份非常清楚的凶手体征描述 |
[18:50] | You’ve also given me reason to believe that my profile of the man is accurate. | 你也让我相信我对凶手的侧写是准确的 |
[18:55] | I think it’s fair to say that because of your involvement in this case, | 公平的讲 正是由于你的加入 |
[18:59] | I’m potentially weeks ahead of where I’d normally be. | 我很可能已经比我平时的进展 快了好几个星期了 |
[19:03] | Well,thank you,sir. | 谢谢 长官 |
[19:06] | I have to say it’s been a long time since anyone’s taken my dreams so seriously, | 我不得不说 已经很久没有人如此 相信我的梦了 |
[19:10] | especially here in the District Attorney’s office. | 特别是在地方检察官的办公室里 |
[19:14] | Well, shame on them for ignoring your talents. | 那么 忽视了你的天赋 他们应该感到羞愧 |
[19:18] | I would never be so obtuse. | 我不会那么迟钝的 |
[19:20] | I know what I have in you. | 我知道你能为我做什么 |
[19:23] | Good night,sir. | 晚安 长官 |
[19:24] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:45] | Housekeeping. Do you want turndown service? | 客房服务来了 您是否需要取消服务? |
[21:01] | Hello. | 你好? |
[21:03] | Allison,it’s Lee Scanlon. | Allison 我是Lee Scanlon |
[21:04] | I’m sorry to wake you, but I knew you’d want to hear this right away. | 抱歉吵醒你 但我想你该立刻知道这事儿 |
[21:07] | It’s about Agent Cooper. | 是关于Cooper探员的 |
[21:09] | He was shot. Twice. | 他中枪了 两枪 |
[21:11] | Oh,my God,no. | 噢 我的上帝呀 不 |
[21:14] | ********* | 节哀顺变 Allison 但Cooper已经死了 |
[21:20] | Whoever killed Cooper didn’t leave much evidence behind. | 凶手没留下什么证据 |
[21:22] | Swept his hotel for fingerprints– anything that might have DNA on it. | 我们在他的房间搜索了指纹 和所有有可能留下DNA的地方 |
[21:26] | So far nothing. | 目前为止一无所获 |
[21:28] | Service weapon’s missing,too. | 他的配枪也不见了 |
[21:30] | We think the killer might have taken it with him as a trophy. | 凶手很可能把它做当战利品带走了 |
[21:32] | I had it all wrong. | 我全错了 |
[21:34] | I thought I saw Cooper hunting the killer. | 我以为我看到的是Cooper去杀凶手 |
[21:36] | The killer was really hunting him. | 但却是凶手在追杀他 |
[21:42] | I hate to be the bearer of even more bad news, but,uh… | 我不想再说坏消息 但是… |
[21:46] | Van Dyke wants to see you in his office. | Van Dyke要你去他办公室见他 |
[21:48] | Asked if you’d come there as soon as you can. | 问我 你能否尽快赶过去 |
[22:28] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[22:31] | What did I tell you about apologies? | 之前我不是跟你说过道歉的事吗? |
[22:33] | They’re not necessary. | 没有必要 |
[22:35] | I wish I’d done more for you. | 我真希望我能给你更多线索 |
[22:39] | Mrs. Dubois,I only have so many pep talks in me. | Dubois女士 我可没太多时间鼓励你 |
[22:43] | I’ve told you I’m happy with your work. | 我告诉过你我很满意你的工作 |
[22:46] | Now if it’s all right with you, I’d like to get down to business. | 如果没问题我们就直接谈公事 |
[22:49] | I’m going to be interviewing the acquaintances of the most recent victim today, | 今天我马上就要去见最近几位 被害者的亲朋好友 |
[22:53] | and I’d like you to come with me. | 我想要你跟我一起去 |
[22:56] | Oh,sir… | 噢 长官… |
[22:59] | I’m not sure you understand what happened to you last night. | 我不确定你明白昨晚是怎么回事 |
[23:02] | Well,actually,last night is a bit fuzzy. | 事实上 昨晚的事儿的确很模糊 |
[23:07] | Do you remember going home? | 你记得你回家了吗? |
[23:10] | Going to your hotel room? | 回酒店的房间? |
[23:13] | That man that you were looking for… | 你一直在找的那个凶手… |
[23:16] | he was waiting there for you. | 他就在那里等着你 |
[23:19] | And he shot you twice. | 他打了你两枪 |
[23:25] | And you… didn’t survive. | 而且你… 没活下来 |
[23:41] | This… this just can’t be. | 这… 这不是真的 |
[23:47] | I don’t know what you think you’re doing in here, | 我不知道你以为你在做什么 |
[23:49] | but those files are no longer your concern. | 但是这些档案不用你操心了 |
[23:55] | And in light of Edward Cooper’s tragic death, | 因为Edward Cooper的惨死 |
[23:58] | the Phoenix District Attorney’s office no longer has any need for your… | 凤凰城地方检察官办公室 已经不需要你的… |
[24:02] | services. They’re terminated, effective immediately. | 服务了 这个决议即刻生效 |
[24:06] | I need you out of the building, Mrs. Dubois. | Dubois女士 我要你立即离开 |
[24:16] | It’s 11:00. What do you say? | 已经11点了 你还在想什么? |
[24:19] | I’m not ready yet. | 我还不想睡 |
[24:22] | The guy was a killer,Allison. | 那个人是个杀人犯 Allison |
[24:25] | You couldn’t tell me enough. | 你跟我说了无数次了 |
[24:26] | The guy was a killer. | 那个人是杀人犯 |
[24:27] | That doesn’t mean he deserved what he got. | 那也不代表他应该落到如此下场 |
[24:34] | I got those papers from Meghan Doyle today. | 我今天拿到Meghan Doyle的合约了 |
[24:38] | Turns out she has a rather flexible definition of the word “partnership.” | 看来她对”合作”有相当不同的定义 |
[24:41] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[24:43] | On exchange for funding, she wants 51% ownership. | 作为投资的回报 她想要51%控股权 |
[24:48] | I’m told that’s a non-negotiable figure. | 我也被告知这是一口价 |
[24:51] | I don’t get it. That only leaves you 49%. | 我不明白 这样你就只剩下49% |
[24:54] | Exactly. Minority share. | 正是如此 小股东 |
[24:57] | She’s trying to buy the right to be my boss. | 她是想用钱来投资 好做我的老板 |
[24:59] | Tell her no. | 告诉她没门 |
[25:01] | Yeah,it definitely crossed my mind. | 是呀 我也不是没有想过 |
[25:04] | I was also thinking maybe I’d tell her yes. | 我也想过要答应她 |
[25:09] | I want to get on with it,honey. I want to get on with my life. | 我想继续这个项目 亲爱的 我想维持我们的生活 |
[25:11] | I want to earn a living. I want to accomplish something. | 我想要养活家人 我想要有所作为 |
[25:15] | Do you want to give up control of your idea? | 你想要放弃对发明的控制权? |
[25:18] | No,of course I don’t. | 不 我当然不 |
[25:19] | Then don’t. | 那就不要 |
[25:21] | If Meghan Doyle thinks your idea is great, somebody else will,too. | 如果Meghan Doyle觉得你的发明很好 其他人也会的 |
[25:24] | Somebody who’s willing to do it your way. | 有人会愿意按照你的想法来办的 |
[25:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:28] | Is that an official psychic prediction? | 这是灵媒的正式预言不? |
[25:31] | That’s an official wife who believes in her husband prediction. | 这是一个相信自己丈夫的妻子的预言 |
[25:38] | What do you say? | 你还在想什么? |
[25:40] | It’s past 11:00. | 已经过11点了 |
[25:43] | I’m just saying I thought the ending was spectacularly stupid,that’s all. | 我只是觉得结局是无比的愚蠢 就是这样 |
[25:47] | Fine,you don’t like romantic comedies. I get it. | 好吧 你不喜欢爱情喜剧 我知道了 |
[25:49] | I didn’t say that. | 我没这么说 |
[25:51] | The next time we go to the movies, we’ll see something about zombies. | 下次我们去看电影 就看僵尸片好了 |
[25:55] | Or ninjas. | 或者是忍者武功片 |
[25:56] | Or ninjas fighting zombies. | 或者忍者大战僵尸 |
[25:59] | You promise? | 你答应了? |
[26:06] | What’s going on? You okay? | 怎么了?你没事吧? |
[26:08] | Yeah,I’m sorry. It was a bad dream. | 恩 抱歉 只是个噩梦 |
[26:14] | More serial killer stuff? | 又是连环杀手的事? |
[26:15] | No. It was a car accident. | 不 是一起车祸 |
[26:19] | – You need to call someone? – No. | – 你要不要通知谁? – 不用 |
[26:22] | I don’t know who they were. | 我不知道他们是谁 |
[26:23] | I don’t know where they were. | 也不知道他们在哪里 |
[26:26] | It’s okay. Go back to sleep. | 没事的 继续睡觉吧 |
[26:28] | I’m going to get a glass of water. | 我去喝杯水 |
[26:42] | COOPER: You have a lovely home, Mrs. Dubois. | 你的家真是温馨 Dubois女士 |
[26:44] | It’s very you. | 很有你的风格 |
[26:50] | I wanted to apologize for disappearing this morning. | 我很抱歉今早上突然消失 |
[26:56] | I didn’t quite have a handle on my situation yet. | 我现在都还不怎么适应现在的处境 |
[26:59] | You know,if there’s anything you need me to do, maybe… | 你知道的 如果有什么需要我帮你的 也许… |
[27:03] | give a message to your loved ones. | 给爱你的人一个口信 |
[27:05] | Mrs. Dubois… | Dubois女士… |
[27:08] | Are you forgetting that we still have a killer to catch? | 你忘记了我们要去抓凶手的吗? |
[27:13] | My own murder was unfortunate,yes, but it hardly changes the nature of our collaboration. | 我的死亡的确不幸 但它不会改变我们合作办案的初衷 |
[27:20] | Are you saying you’re here because of the case? | 你是说 你出现在这里是因为案子的事? |
[27:22] | Why else would I be here? | 还能有什么原因? |
[27:25] | My last moments were extremely unpleasant. | 我活着的最后一刻超级不爽 |
[27:29] | Not because of the considerable pain I was in, | 不是因为我当时肉体上的剧痛 |
[27:32] | but because,as far as I knew, I wasn’t going to close this case. | 而是因为 据我所知 我没法破这个案子了 |
[27:38] | My killer reveled in that fact. | 杀我的人为此正洋洋得意呢 |
[27:41] | He stood over me as I lay dying, taunting me. | 当我倒下死去的时候 他踩着我 讥笑我 |
[27:46] | He insisted that Gretchen Ballard and Amanda Boone and Nina Jarvis were only the beginning; | 他扬言Gretchen Ballard Amanda Boone和Nina Jarvis只是杀戮的开始 |
[27:52] | that with with me out of the picture, no one could stop him from taking more lives. | 我挂了就没人可以阻止他继续杀戮 |
[27:59] | But with your help… | 但是有你的帮助… |
[28:02] | I’d like to show him just how wrong he was. | 我想要告诉他 他大错特错了 |
[28:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:08] | What would you like me to do? | 你想要我做什么? |
[28:11] | To start with… | 首先… |
[28:13] | first thing this morning I want you to go back to the police | 早上一起来 我要你去警察局 |
[28:16] | and give them a description of the man who killed me. | 给他们一个杀了我的凶手的画像 |
[28:19] | Okay. But I already did that. | 好的 但是我已经做过了 |
[28:21] | You were there when we made the sketch. | 我们画画像的时候 你也在场 |
[28:24] | Yes,I know. You told him that he was a compact man… | 是的 我知道 你告诉他 他是一个壮实的人… |
[28:28] | long hair,hazel eyes, extremely fit. | 长发 浅褐色眼睛 很健壮 |
[28:31] | And he was. | 他的确是的 |
[28:33] | Well,no,actually,he wasn’t. | 不 事实上 他不是那样的 |
[28:35] | The man who killed me was short,middle-aged, | 杀我的人很矮 中年 |
[28:38] | shaved head, bit on the pudgy side. | 光头 有点矮胖 |
[28:42] | Frankly,I’m… | 说实话 我… |
[28:45] | I’m a little embarrassed that he got the drop on me. | 他都能杀我让我觉得丢人 |
[28:49] | I don’t know whose face you’ve been seeing in your dreams,Mrs. Dubois, | 我不知你梦见的是谁 Dubois女士 |
[28:54] | but he’s not the killer that we’ve been looking for. | 但他不是我们要找的凶手 |
[29:05] | ****** | |
[29:06] | I’m glad I caught you. | 终于找到你了 |
[29:07] | I need to talk to you about Cooper. | 要和你谈谈Cooper的事 |
[29:09] | That’s funny. I was just about to call you about the very same subject. | 真巧 我正好也要找你谈这事 |
[29:12] | A valet at the hotel where Cooper was staying just got a look of your sketch of the killer. | Cooper住的酒店的一个服务生看到 你提供的凶手画像 |
[29:16] | He saw a guy who looked just like him peeling out of the hotel parking lot the night Cooper was murdered. | 他看到一个和画像很像的家伙 在Cooper被杀的那天晚上从酒店停车场逃跑 |
[29:20] | Valet remembers the make and model of the car, | 服务生还记得车的型号和款式 |
[29:22] | and get this, he even got a partial on the guy’s license plate | 他甚至还留意了车牌号 |
[29:24] | because he thought the guy might have been driving drunk. | 因为他以为那家伙酒后驾车 |
[29:26] | Seems like a pretty good lead,right? | 听上去是个不错的线索 |
[29:28] | I was just about to go run it down. | 我正准备调查下去 |
[29:29] | Don’t bother. The sketch is wrong. | 不用了 画像错了 |
[29:32] | What are you talking about? The sketch came from you. | 你在说什么? 画像是你提供的 |
[29:34] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道怎么和你说 |
[29:35] | Apparently,I got the wrong face. | 很显然 我搞错人了 |
[29:39] | Uh,and you know that because? | 你怎么知道搞错了? |
[29:41] | I know that because Cooper came to see me last night. | 我知道搞错了 因为Cooper昨晚来见我了 |
[29:44] | And he saw the man who shot him and it wasn’t the person I described. | 而他看到了那个朝他开枪的人 不是我描述的那个 |
[29:48] | Okay,what do you want from me then? | 好吧 你想让我做什么? |
[29:49] | A favor. I need to look through the mug books again. | 帮我个忙 我要再看看疑犯照片簿 |
[29:52] | Why? You just got done telling me you didn’t see the killer’s face. | 为什么? 你才告诉我你没看到凶手的脸 |
[29:54] | Well,that’s true I didn’t, but Cooper did. | 没错 我是没看到 但Cooper看到了 |
[30:11] | Lynn,hey. | Lynn 嘿 |
[30:14] | Sorry,it doesn’t look like lunch is in the cards today. | 对不起 牌面上说今天不宜吃午饭 |
[30:19] | What am I doing? | 我在干什么? |
[30:20] | You wouldn’t believe it, not in a million years. | 你永远无法相信 |
[30:31] | His name is Donald Kessler. | 他叫Donald Kessler |
[30:34] | Convicted of rape in ’97. | 1997年因强奸罪入狱 |
[30:35] | Served ten years and got out last spring. | 关了10年 去年春天才出狱 |
[30:38] | Cooper’s positive this is our guy? | Cooper肯定这就是我们要抓的人? |
[30:39] | He said there’s no doubt about it. | 他说他确定无疑 |
[30:43] | Well,according to this, our friend Mr. Kessler skipped out on his parole about six months ago. | 这么看来 我们的这位Kessler先生 6个月前没再跟假释官报道 |
[30:48] | Present whereabouts unknown. | 之后去了哪儿无从得知 |
[30:50] | It says here he’s got a sister in Glendale. | 这里写了 他在Glendale有个妹妹 |
[30:52] | Maybe you could go talk to her and see if she’s heard from him lately. | 或许你能去找她谈谈 问问她是否最近见过他 |
[30:56] | Talk to people? Yeah,sure,I can do that. | 和别人谈谈? 没错 我能这么做 |
[30:58] | Ask some questions– not a problem. | 问些问题–小菜一碟 |
[30:59] | Who knows,I might even be able to find the guy. | 天知道 我或许还能见到那家伙 |
[31:01] | Just try to remember, it’s going to take a whole lot more than the word of | 只要记得 我付出的可比那个 死鬼FBI说的一句话多的多 |
[31:04] | a dead FBI guy for me to actually arrest him. | 为了最终能抓到凶手 |
[31:15] | Hey,partner. | 嘿 搭档 |
[31:16] | Come on. Sit down. We have some celebrating to do. | 来 坐下 我们要庆祝一下 |
[31:19] | No,Meghan, I don’t want a drink. | 不 Meghan 我不想喝酒 |
[31:22] | I’m not sure that I should even sit. | 我觉得我不该坐下 |
[31:24] | I just,I figured you deserved to hear this in person. | 我只是觉得该亲自跟你说 |
[31:28] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[31:30] | You found someone else, another firm, somebody you think is better connected. | 你找到了别人 另一个公司 更理解你 |
[31:34] | Willing to offer more capital? | 能提供更多的资金? |
[31:36] | No,no,it’s not that. | 不 不 不是那样的 |
[31:38] | For God’s sake,sit down. | 看在上帝的份上 先坐下吧 |
[31:40] | People are looking. | 大家都在看我们 |
[31:42] | They think we’re lovers having a quarrel. | 他们会觉得我们是吵架的恋人 |
[31:45] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:49] | Meghan,uh… | Meghan 呃… |
[31:51] | I’m extremely flattered by your interest in my proposal. | 我非常高兴你对我的方案感兴趣 |
[31:55] | Um,I just… I didn’t realize that you were going to buy a controlling stake. | 呃 我只是… 我不知道你们想买控股权 |
[31:59] | That’s just not something that I’m willing to give up. | 那正是我不想放弃的东西 |
[32:02] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:04] | But unless you’re willing to rethink the 51-49 split, I don’t see how I can do this with you. | 除非你能重新考虑一下股权比例 要不我们就无法合作了 |
[32:14] | Can I have a dirty martini? | 给我来杯马提尼酒 |
[32:17] | Joe? | |
[32:21] | Gosh,you’re going to turn me downand make me drink alone? | 啊 你想拒绝了我 留我在这自斟自饮 |
[32:26] | Okay,fine. I’ll have what she’s having. | 好吧 我和她要一样的 |
[32:34] | Someone win the lottery? | 有人中彩票了? |
[32:35] | Ah,not quite. | 啊 不是的 |
[32:37] | One of Bridgette’s teeth finally fell out, so the Tooth Fairy owes her a dollar. | Bridgette的一颗牙终于掉了 所以牙齿仙女要给她一美元 |
[32:42] | And all I’ve got is a ten, a five and… | 我一共有一个10美分 一个5美分还有… |
[32:45] | 89 cents. | 89美分 |
[32:48] | I got wrinkled and non-wrinkled. | 我有旧的和新票子 |
[32:55] | Martini,huh? | 马提尼? |
[32:57] | So how’d it go? How’d she take it? | 那事怎么样了? 她那边怎么说? |
[33:02] | Um,I signed the papers. | 呃 我签了协议 |
[33:07] | You’re upset. | 你很不高兴 |
[33:09] | No,I’m not upset. I’m bewildered. | 不 我不是不高兴 只是很疑惑 |
[33:12] | You told me you were gonna turn her down. | 你说过你会拒绝她的 |
[33:14] | I know,I know. And I,and I absolutely, I should have talked to you first. | 我知道 我知道 我确实该先和你谈谈 |
[33:18] | I just… she really wants it. | 我只是… 她很想要合作 |
[33:22] | I don’t know. When she started to tell me about her plans for the business, | 我也不知道 当她开始和我说 她的工作计划的时候 |
[33:25] | what she thought the upside would be in three years and five years, | 她觉得三五年就能完成建构 |
[33:27] | and I just can’t explain it. | 我无法解释 |
[33:29] | I just started to get a really good feeling about her. | 我只是突然对她很有好感 |
[33:32] | I guess you’d call it an intuition. | 我猜你会称这为直觉 |
[33:35] | I mean, if anybody can understand going with their intuition, it’s you,right? | 你能理解凭着直觉做事这回事 对吗? |
[33:40] | So what happened to “Let’s be patient”? | 那么”让我们耐心点儿”怎么说? |
[33:42] | What happened to being your own boss? | 自己做老板又怎么说? |
[33:44] | I don’t know. Maybe I was being a little naive about that. | 我不知道 或许说那些的时候我太天真了 |
[33:47] | According to her, there’s no way that I have the leverage to get a majority share | 据她分析 我无法得到控股权 |
[33:51] | no matter who I sign with. | 无论我和谁签约 |
[33:53] | Probably wouldn’t even get close to 49% either. | 甚至还到不了49% |
[33:57] | Now,look,Al,I know this is out of the blue, but tell me you’re happy. | 现在 Al 我知道你现在很担心 但告诉我你很开心 |
[34:02] | This is gonna be so much better if you’re happy with it. | 要你开心我会好过很多 |
[34:06] | I’m happy… as long as you are. | 我很高兴… 只要你开心 |
[34:11] | I am. | 我也很高兴 |
[34:13] | Well,then that’s that. | 那就好了 |
[34:14] | We are officially happy. | 我们看似都很高兴 |
[34:19] | Julia? | |
[34:22] | Julia? Baby? | Julia? 宝贝? |
[34:27] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[34:29] | What just happened? | 刚刚发生了什么? |
[34:31] | We were in a crash. | 我们撞车了 |
[34:33] | Somebody just hit us. | 有人撞了我们 |
[34:37] | Stay here,okay? | 呆这儿 好吗? |
[34:39] | I’m gonna go check on the other driver. | 我去看一下另一辆车的驾驶员 |
[35:00] | Hey,buddy? You okay? | 嘿 伙计? 你还好吗? |
[35:04] | Mrs. Dubois? | Dubois夫人? |
[35:07] | I found him, Mrs. Dubois. I know where he is. | 我找到他了 Dubois夫人 我知道他在哪里 |
[35:10] | Where who is? | 谁在哪里? |
[35:11] | Donald Kessler, the man who murdered me. | Donald Kessler 杀我的那个人 |
[35:13] | He’s at a bar downtown– | 他在市区的一个酒吧里– |
[35:14] | the Old Stone Jug, 1818 Hamilton Street. | 旧石壶酒吧 汉密尔顿街1818号 |
[35:17] | If you and Detective Scanlon go down there right now, you’ll find him. | 你和Scanlon探长现在就去 就能找到他 |
[35:20] | You’ll find evidence on him that proves he murdered those women. | 你们还能找到他身上有 杀死那些女人的证据 |
[35:24] | Move,Mrs. Dubois! We haven’t a moment to spare! | 快 Dubois夫人! 我们没多少时间! |
[35:28] | Wait a second. He said it was the Old Stone Jug. | 等等 他说了是旧石壶酒吧 |
[35:32] | You sure it was this Old Stone Jug? | 你确定就是这个旧石壶酒吧? |
[35:34] | Well,1818 Hamilton Street. | 没错 汉密尔顿街1818号 |
[35:36] | This is absolutely the place. | 就是他说的地方 |
[35:38] | Well,I don’t know what to tell you,Allison. | 我不知道该说什么 Allison |
[35:43] | According to this,the place got condemned back in ’05. | 看来 这地方05年就被查封了 |
[35:46] | No one’s had a drink here in a good long time. | 已经好久没人能来这儿喝酒了 |
[35:48] | Well,he couldn’t have been clearer. | 他说的再清楚不过了 |
[35:49] | He said Donald Kessler was here right now. | 他说Donald Kessler现在就在这儿 |
[35:51] | Honestly,I’m a little confused myself. | 说实话 我也很疑惑 |
[35:54] | I know I never understood exactly how your thing works, | 我从来无法理解你的工作方式 |
[35:56] | but you always made it sound like after you die, | 但你总是能让人觉得 在你死了以后 |
[35:58] | you pretty much know everything there is, was or ever will be. | 你能知道所有事的现在 过去以及将来 |
[36:01] | So tell me, how does a dead guy, especially one as smart as Edward Cooper, | 告诉我 一个死人 特别是像Edward Cooper这么聪明的人 |
[36:06] | make a mistake like this? | 怎么会犯这样的错误? |
[36:12] | Oh,boy,this doesn’t look good. | 噢 伙计 看上去不妙 |
[36:17] | Wait. Pull over. | 等等 靠边 |
[36:19] | It’s being handled. | 已经有人处理了 |
[36:20] | I dreamt about this. Please pull over. | 我梦到过这些 停车 |
[36:32] | You wait here. I’ll go get the scoop. | 你呆这儿 我去看看发生了什么 |
[37:05] | Looks a lot like the guy in your sketch,doesn’t he? | 看上去很像你画像里的家伙 是吗? |
[37:09] | This is him. This is the man I saw kill Cooper. | 就是他 就是我梦到杀死Cooper的人 |
[37:12] | As much as I hate to disagree with the ghost of a famous profiler, | 虽然我讨厌跟著名侧写员的鬼魂有分歧 |
[37:16] | that is the man who killed Edward Cooper. | 但他就是杀害Edward Cooper的凶手 |
[37:18] | The name is Julian Pierce. | 名字是Julian Pierce |
[37:20] | First cops on the scene found a duffel bag on the seat of his car that had a gun inside. | 最先赶到现场的警察在他车座上 找到一只装有枪的露营包 |
[37:24] | They ran the serial numbers. | 他们查了枪上的序列号 |
[37:26] | Turns out it was a government-issued firearm: | 证实了是政府登记的武器 |
[37:28] | Edward Cooper’s government-issued firearm. | 是Edward Cooper工作配枪 |
[37:30] | What about Donald Kessler? | Donald Kessler怎么说? |
[37:32] | Donald Kessler didn’t kill Cooper. | Donald Kessler没杀Cooper |
[37:34] | He didn’t kill those three prostitutes either. Julian Pierce did. | 他也没有杀那三个妓女 是Julian Pierce做的 |
[37:38] | In addition to Cooper’s gun, they found a stash of photos. | 除了Cooper的枪 他们还找到了一些照片 |
[37:41] | Polaroids of the dead women– | 几个女死者的相片集– |
[37:43] | even a few close-ups of the wedding bands he put on their fingers. | 甚至还有她们手指上婚戒的特写 |
[37:46] | I don’t know why Cooper claimed that Donald Kessler killed them, but he was wrong. | 我不知道为什么Cooper说 Donald Kessler杀了他们 但他错了 |
[37:55] | Oh,no. No,he wasn’t wrong. | 不 不 他没错 |
[37:59] | He was lying to us. | 他在骗我们 |
[38:01] | He knew this was gonna happen. | 他知道这会发生 |
[38:04] | That’s why he tried to throw us off of Julian Pierce’s scent. | 所以他才用Julian Pierce的线索 来引我们出来 |
[38:07] | He knew if we arrested Pierce, before tonight, he wouldn’t have been in this car. | 他知道 如果我们之前逮捕了Pierce 他今晚就不会在这车里 |
[38:12] | He wouldn’t have died in this accident. | 就不会在这车祸里丧命 |
[38:14] | So you’re saying this was a setup? | 你是说 这都在他计划里? |
[38:16] | That Cooper sent you on a wild goose chase to guarantee that this guy died tonight? | Cooper给你指了一条徒劳的搜索线索 就为了保证这家伙能在今晚丧命? |
[38:20] | ‘Cause I have to tell you, Allison, that sounds a lot like murder. | 但我要说 Allison 这听起来更像是谋杀 |
[38:27] | Not to Cooper. | Cooper不这么想 |
[38:29] | To Edward Cooper, this was justice. | 对Edward Cooper 这就是正义 |
[38:43] | You should know, Mrs. Dubois. | 你要知道 Dubois夫人 |
[38:46] | The one thing I regret in all this was lying to you. | 整件事唯一让我后悔的就是对你撒谎 |
[38:51] | Well,I can see that. Look,you’re all torn up inside. | 我能看出来 你太伤心了 |
[38:54] | I never intended for you to come across that accident site. | 我从没想让你看到那起事故 |
[38:59] | And I certainly didn’t want the death of Julian Pierce weighing on your conscience. | 我也不希望Julian Pierce的死 让你良心不安 |
[39:04] | I know how strongly you prefer working within the confines of the justice system. | 我知道你希望在司法体系框架内工作 |
[39:10] | For what it’s worth, I wasn’t lying when you first came to me at the cemetery. | 该让你知道 当你第一次来墓地看我时 我没有撒谎 |
[39:15] | I had absolutely no intention of taking Julian Pierce’s life. | 我完全不想要Julian Pierce的命 |
[39:20] | But as you well know, circumstances changed. | 正如你所知 情况变了 |
[39:26] | My death gave me a whole new… | 我的死让我有了个全新的… |
[39:29] | perspective on the man and his actions. | 观点 对于这个男人和他的行为 |
[39:31] | New perspective. | 全新的观点 |
[39:32] | I think you’re underestimating how well I know you, Agent Cooper. | 我想你低估了我对你的认识 Cooper探员 |
[39:36] | This was revenge, pure and simple. | 这是报复 纯粹而简单 |
[39:39] | I won’t deny I took a certain amount of pleasure in Mr. Pierce’s death. | 我不否认 Pierce先生的死 让我得到了一定的快感 |
[39:45] | But I assure you, what I did tonight, I did for the greater good. | 但我向你保证 我今晚所做的 都是为了更多的善 |
[39:51] | Tell yourself whatever you want. | 随便你怎么骗自己 |
[39:53] | I’m going to bed. | 我要睡觉了 |
[39:55] | Ellen Hartley. | |
[39:57] | I beg your pardon? | 再说一遍? |
[39:59] | Ellen Hartley. | |
[40:01] | She’s a nurse at McCarren State Penitentiary. | 她是麦考伦州立监狱的护士 |
[40:03] | It’s where Mr. Pierce would have ended up had you and Detective Scanlon arrested him. | 那是如果你和Scanlon探长逮捕了他 Pierce先生最终会去的地方 |
[40:09] | You’d like her,Mrs. Dubois. | 你会喜欢她的 Dubois夫人 |
[40:11] | She’s a mother of three just like you. | 她和你一样 是三个孩子的妈妈 |
[40:13] | In four years’ time, Julian Pierce was going to fake an illness | 4年之后 Julian Pierce会假装生病 |
[40:17] | so he could spend the night in the prison infirmary. | 这样他就能在监狱医务室呆一晚 |
[40:20] | He was going to strangle Ellen Hartley. | 他会勒死Ellen Hartley |
[40:24] | I suppose he wanted just one more notch on his belt before they executed him. | 我猜他希望在被执行死刑前多个战利品 |
[40:30] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[40:32] | You’re lying to me again. | 你又在对我撒谎了 |
[40:34] | It’s all you’ve ever done. | 和你从前做的一样 |
[40:36] | If there was some way I could prove it to you,I would. | 如果有什么方法能证明给你看 我会马上证明 |
[40:41] | But the fact of the matter is you’ll never know. | 但问题的关键在于 你无法知道 |
[40:45] | You’ll never be certain | 你永远不会确信 |
[40:47] | I did the right thing by facilitating the death of Julian Pierce. | 我促使Julian Pierce的死是对的 |
[40:52] | But I am. | 但我知道 |
[40:53] | I am absolutely positive | 我完全肯定 |
[40:57] | the world is a much better place without him in it. | 世上没有了他会更好 |
[41:05] | Why don’t you just go away? | 你为什么不离开? |
[41:07] | I’m not ready to move on just yet. | 我还没准备好继续前进 |
[41:10] | It occurs to me, Mrs. Dubois, that you and I have a very unique opportunity. | 对我来说 Dubois夫人 你和我有非常独特的机会 |
[41:16] | This doesn’t have to be our last collaboration. | 这不会是我们最后的合作 |
[41:18] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[41:20] | I can see a lot of things from this side, | 我能从我这边看到很多东西 |
[41:23] | things I can’t share with anyone but you. | 这些东西我无法和别人分享 除了你 |
[41:27] | If I were to catch on to another Julian Pierce, | 如果我跟上了另一个Julian Pierce |
[41:31] | you’d be in a unique position to help me take care of it. | 你会是唯一能帮我处理的人 |
[41:36] | You want me to help you end more lives? | 你想让我帮你杀更多的人? |
[41:38] | I want you to help me save lives: | 我希望你帮我救人 |
[41:41] | potential victims,good people who don’t deserve to die. | 潜在受害者 很多不该死的好人 |
[41:46] | It’s so sad. | 太让人伤心了 |
[41:48] | I’m sure at some point you were a good man. | 我确定从某些方面说你是好人 |
[41:50] | I don’t know where you lost your way, but in the end,you are no better than Julian Pierce. | 我不知道你在哪里迷失自我的 但最终 你不比Julian Pierce好多少 |
[41:56] | You’re a killer. | 你是个凶手 |
[41:58] | And before long, you’re gonna wind up in the same terrible place he is. | 不用多久 你会跟他落得同样下场 |
[42:02] | I would never help you. | 我不会帮你的 |
[42:05] | Guess we won’t know until we know. | 在真相揭晓之前我们永远无法明白 |
[42:08] | Will we? | 不是吗? |
[42:14] | It’s been a pleasure, Mrs. Dubois. | 我很荣幸 Dubois夫人 |
[42:17] | As always. | 一如既往 |