时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Medium: | |
[00:01] | Miss Doyle. | Doyle小姐 |
[00:02] | I want to help you develop your solar cell amplification system. | 我想帮助你继续 研发你的太阳能电池强化系统 |
[00:06] | In exchange for funding, she wants 51% ownership. | 作为投资的回报 她想要51%控股权 |
[00:09] | Do you want to give up control of your idea? | 你想要放弃对发明的控制权? |
[00:11] | – No,of course I don’t. – Then don’t. | – 不 我当然不 – 那就不要 |
[00:13] | I’m sorry,but unless you’re willing to rethink the 51/49 split, | 除非你能重新考虑一下股权比例 |
[00:18] | I don’t see how I can do this with you. | 要不我们就无法合作了 |
[00:20] | So,how did it go? How’d she take it? | 那事怎么样了? 她那边怎么说? |
[00:22] | I signed the papers. | 呃 我签了协议 |
[00:24] | Meghan Doyle. | 我是Meghan Doyle |
[00:26] | So nice to finally meet you. | 真高兴终于见到你了 |
[00:27] | Yeah,it’s nice to finally meet you. | 恩 我也很高兴终于见到你了 |
[00:29] | Well,she’s very pretty. | 她长得很漂亮 |
[00:32] | Well,let’s try not to hold that against her. | 不能因为长得好看就讨厌人家 |
[00:34] | I just now realized that I don’t have my wallet. | 我才发现我没带钱包 |
[00:37] | Okay. Miss you. | 好了 想你 |
[00:38] | I thought you were with the boyfriend. | 我以为你和男朋友在一起 |
[00:41] | Best-laid plans… | 精心计划的一切… |
[00:43] | Or not laid, as the case may be. | 没有如预期 就像我们的申请 |
[01:01] | That is one sharp lunchbox. | 这个午餐盒很拉风嘛 |
[01:05] | No,seriously. | 不骗你 说真的 |
[01:07] | My brother has one just like it. He’s six. | 我弟弟也有一个差不多的 他才6岁 |
[01:10] | So,what’s your excuse? | 那么 你为什么用呢? |
[01:13] | Oh,come on,loser. | 噢 别害羞 没用的东西 |
[01:16] | You know you want to say something, so just say it. | 你知道你想辩解一下的 说吧 |
[01:22] | Yeah. Didn’t think so. | 嗯 就知道你没胆 |
[01:57] | Damn,kid. You scared me. | 我晕 小子 你吓死我了 |
[02:00] | Thought you were Sister Beatrice. | 我还以为你是Beatrice修女 |
[02:05] | You know if you tell her I’m out here,you are dead meat. | 你知道如果你告诉她 你就死定了 |
[02:11] | Kid! I’m talking to you! | 小子! 我跟你说话呢! |
[02:25] | No,no… | 不要 不要… |
[03:05] | Medium Season04 Episode15 Being Joey Carmichael | 灵媒缉凶 |
[03:14] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[03:16] | I thought these things were supposed to make me see better, | 我还以为戴上这玩意儿会让我 看得清楚一点 |
[03:19] | but all they’re doing is making things fuzzy. | 但是戴上反而看东西有重影儿了 |
[03:22] | They make Marie see better. | Marie戴上就能看得清楚 |
[03:24] | They’re prescription. They only work for her,doofus. | 眼镜是处方 只有对她有效 笨蛋 |
[03:26] | – Give ’em back! – No. | – 眼镜还给我! – 不给 |
[03:28] | – Give ’em back! – No. | – 眼镜还给我! – 不给 |
[03:31] | Hey,Bridgette,give your sister her glasses back. | 嘿 Bridgette 把妹妹的眼镜还给她 |
[03:33] | Girls,keep it quiet,okay, ’cause Daddy had to work late, and he’s still asleep. | 孩子们 说话小声点 因为老爸昨晚开夜车 现在还睡着呢 |
[03:42] | Hello? | 喂? |
[03:43] | Hey,it’s me. I was wondering how your morning looks. | 嘿 是我 只是问问你早上过得如何 |
[03:45] | Uh,I’m just…I’m making my girls lunch, dropping them off at school, | 噢 我只是…我在给孩子们做午餐 准备送她们去上学 |
[03:48] | and then I’m wide open. Why? | 完了以后我就有空了 有事吗? |
[03:50] | Care to lend your considerable talents to the Phoenix PD? | 介意把你的天赋“借”点给 凤凰城警方不? |
[03:53] | Oh,really? I didn’t think the Phoenix PD was all that interested in my… | 噢 是吗? 我觉得凤凰城警方最近 |
[03:57] | considerable talents these days. | 没怎么在乎我的所谓天赋 |
[03:59] | That’d be District Attorney Van Dyke’s policy,not mine. | 那是地方检察官Van Dyke的策略 不是我的 |
[04:03] | So what do you say? You want to meet me for coffee? | 你觉得怎么样? 过来一起喝咖啡? |
[04:06] | Guy’s name is Curtis Lambert. | 死者的名字是Curtis Lambert |
[04:08] | Last night,somebody snuck into his place. | 昨晚 有人偷溜进他的公寓 |
[04:12] | Shot him three times. | 给他吃了三颗枪子儿 |
[04:13] | Shot in each kneecap, and one to the head. | 两颗分别在两侧膝盖 还有一个在脑袋上 |
[04:16] | Sounds like whoever wanted to kill this guy wanted him to suffer before he died. | 听起来 不管是谁杀的人 都想让死者在死之前痛苦一阵 |
[04:19] | Lambert made his fortune bringing heroin into Phoenix. | Lambert通过向凤凰城贩卖海洛因 大发了一笔财 |
[04:22] | Our narc squad has been trying to build a case against him for years. | 我们的缉毒小组这么多年来 一直都想对他进行立案侦查 |
[04:25] | I’m guessing maybe he got killed by one of his competitors. | 我想他也许是被竞争对手杀害的 |
[04:29] | Has all the hallmarks of a really expensive hit. | 装备一流 |
[04:33] | Getting past a top-of-the-line security system, | 越过最高端的保安系统 |
[04:35] | leaving a crime scene that’s clean as a whistle. | 犯罪现场不留一丝痕迹 |
[04:38] | Not a single fingerprint, not a drop of DNA. | 没有留下指纹或DNA |
[04:41] | All right,so,if you know all this,why’d you call me? | 好了 既然你都懂了 为什么要给我打电话? |
[04:43] | You’re not listening to me. | 你没听清我说的话 |
[04:44] | I’m trying to tell you I don’t know anything. | 我是在告诉你 我什么也不知道 |
[04:46] | In fact,all I know is what I don’t know. | 事实上 我知道的就是我啥也不知道 |
[04:49] | Do me a favor: give the files a look, see if something clicks for you. | 帮个忙 把这些文件好好看看 如果有什么发现 |
[04:52] | Anything will help. Anything that will give me a bit of traction. | 什么都可以 任何能给我指引的都可以 |
[04:56] | – You want another one? – Oh,no,thanks. | – 再来一杯吗? – 噢 不用了 谢谢 |
[05:28] | No. No,please. | 不要 不要 求你了 |
[05:47] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:51] | Okay. All right. | 好了 好了 |
[05:55] | Apology accepted. | 接受你的道歉 |
[05:56] | Now,would you get out from behind my desk,please? | 现在 请你离开我的座位好吗? |
[06:00] | I was drunk,Joe. I was excited. | 我喝醉了 Joe 我喝高了 |
[06:04] | I’m sorry if I did anything to make you feel uncomfortable. | 如果我做了让你感到不舒服的事 我在此道歉 |
[06:07] | You’re actually making me a little uncomfortable right now. I’d really… | 你现在就让我感到很不舒服 我真的要… |
[06:10] | I’d much prefer it if you would just sit in your office so I could sit in mine. | 我更愿意看到你坐在你的办公室里 这样我就可以坐在我的办公室里了 |
[06:22] | Thank you for putting me in that cab last night. | 谢谢你昨晚给我叫了计程车 |
[06:24] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[06:26] | I didn’t do it for you. | 我不是为你做的 |
[06:29] | I’m sorry I tried to kiss you. | 很抱歉我那个时候想去吻你 |
[06:31] | I-I’m sorry I tried to touch you. | 我…我也很抱歉想碰你 |
[06:35] | You’re not sorry you hit me? | 你就不为打了我感到抱歉? |
[06:39] | I didn’t hit you. | 我没有打你 |
[06:41] | I pushed you. I pushed you to keep you off me. | 我推了你一下 我推你 好让你从我身上下去 |
[06:45] | Obviously,I misjudged you. | 显然的 我误会你了 |
[06:48] | You’re a man who loves his marriage. | 你是一个顾家的男人 |
[06:51] | A man who loves his wife. | 一个爱自己妻子的男人 |
[06:55] | You tell her? | 你告诉她没有? |
[06:57] | No. What am I going to say? | 没有 我要怎么说这种事? |
[07:00] | You got drunk and tried to grope me? | 你喝醉了 就过来狂摸我? |
[07:03] | Look,Meghan, my family’s future is tied up in this business. | 听着 Meghan 我全家的未来 全部维系在这个公司上 |
[07:08] | I mean,there’s no way that I’m going to let your stupidity compromise that. | 我的意思是 我绝对不会让 你的愚蠢行为毁了这一切的 |
[07:12] | Or my marriage. | 毁了我的婚姻 |
[07:15] | Okay. Well,I can see I’ve totally blown your trust. I get that. | 好的 我知道我现在已经失去你 对我的信任了 我理解 |
[07:20] | And I’m going to make this up to you. You’ll see. | 我会补偿你的 你会明白的 |
[07:22] | I’m going to work twice as hard. | 我会加倍努力的工作 |
[07:24] | I’m going to line up banks, big ticket investors. | 我会去积极联系银行 大投资商 |
[07:28] | Get us some major R&D money from some energy contractors I’ve been cultivating. | 从我正在联系的一些能源设备合作方 筹集一大笔研发款项 |
[07:33] | You won’t regret going into business with me,Joe. You won’t. | 跟我一起做生意 你不会后悔的 Joe 你不会的 |
[07:38] | – If you say so. – I do. | – 如果你这么说的话 – 说到做到 |
[07:41] | Okay. Just do me a favor. Keep your hands to yourself. | 好的 那你就行行好 把你的手放在自己身上吧 |
[07:46] | And drink on your own time. | 在你的私人休息时间喝酒 |
[07:49] | Because if I see you so much as look at me cross-eyed again, | 因为如果我还看见你一副醉酒的样子 |
[07:53] | – I’m gonna take my idea, all my ideas… – Our ideas. | – 我就带上我的发明 我所有的创意… – 我们的创意 |
[07:56] | And I’m out of here. I’ll go to a judge. | 我就离开公司 我就去法庭 |
[07:58] | I’ll do whatever has to be done. | 我会尽一切所能来搞定这些破事 |
[08:00] | Well,let’s not get dramatic,Joe. | 别这么戏剧化嘛 Joe |
[08:02] | I mean,it’s not going to come to that. | 我是说 不会走到那一步的 |
[08:04] | There’s too much money to be made, too much success to be had. | 我们的未来将会有无尽的财富 和无尽的成功 |
[08:15] | I really am sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[08:17] | You have my word: it won’t happen again. | 我向你保证 不会再发生了 |
[08:25] | You know,you stare at those too long, you’re gonna burn a hole through them. | 你知道 如果你盯着这些看得太久 你会把文件看出个洞洞来的 |
[08:29] | I’m serious. I’m a scientist. I know these things. | 我是认真的 我是科学家 我说的准没错 |
[08:33] | Sorry. I was trying to help Lee a little; that’s all. | 不好意思 我只是想帮帮Lee 就是这样而已 |
[08:40] | So,how are things going at Dubois-Doyle Enterprises,LLC? | 那么 Dubois-Doyle合资有限公司 运作得怎么样了? |
[08:50] | It’s kind of weird. | 感觉怪怪的 |
[08:52] | You’re finally back to work, and you seem to have almost nothing to say about it. | 你终于下班回家了 却好像不愿意谈及工作 |
[08:55] | Well,there’s not a lot to say. | 没什么好说的 |
[09:01] | What about Meghan? How’s it to work with her? | 那Meghan呢? 跟她一起工作感觉如何? |
[09:03] | Oh,I don’t know,Al. I just go to my office, | 噢 我不知道 Al 我才刚出办公室 |
[09:05] | and I try to figure out how to turn my idea from something that’s on paper | 我老是想着怎么把我纸上的创意 |
[09:09] | into something that we can show business people. | 做成实物 好展示给那些生意人看 |
[09:12] | You know,a model, a presentation. | 差不多就是个模型 一个演示 |
[09:14] | She’s in her office talking to lawyers and bankers and… | 而她就在她的办公室 跟律师 银行家们交涉… |
[09:19] | You know, it’s all very exciting. | 挺有趣的 |
[09:24] | Hey,when are we gonna have that dinner we talked about? | 嘿 我们啥时候去吃那顿晚餐? |
[09:28] | What are you talking about? | 你说啥? |
[09:29] | That dinner that we all talked about last week. You,me,Meghan. | 就是上个星期我们说过 你 我还有Meghan一起 |
[09:34] | – Oh,God. – Whoever she wants to bring. | – 偶滴神 – 她想带谁去就带谁去 |
[09:35] | Honestly? I don’t know,Al. | 说实话? 我不确定 Al |
[09:39] | My sense is that Meghan has a pretty active social life. | 我觉得Meghan的社交肯定很广 |
[09:42] | It may be a while before she can squeeze us in. | 也许等排很久才能轮得到我们呢 |
[09:47] | Really? ‘Cause I got the feeling that she was really looking forward to it. | 真的吗? 因为我倒是觉得她很 期待一起吃饭呢 |
[09:50] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[09:51] | Well,she can be pretty hard to read sometimes. | 她有时候让人很难以琢磨 |
[10:18] | You’re not actually going to light that in here,are you? | 你不会在这里点烟的 对吧? |
[10:25] | So you gonna holster that or what? | 那你是把它要收回去还是怎么样? |
[10:33] | Wait. Don’t tell me. | 等等 别告诉我 |
[10:35] | This is the part where I’m supposed to say you’re good with your hands,right? | 现在该轮到我夸你有双巧手 对吗? |
[10:40] | Baby,you have no idea. | 宝贝儿 绝对超乎你的想象 |
[10:53] | Well,that’s not something you see much of anymore. | 这样的情况现在已经不常见了 |
[10:56] | What’s that? | 什么情况? |
[10:57] | A doctor who smokes. | 吸烟的医生 |
[10:59] | Sagemont Hospital, Physical Rehabilitation. | Sagemont医院的肢体康复科 |
[11:02] | You’re a doctor,right? | 你是个医生 对吗? |
[11:04] | ‘Cause that would certainly explain the ego. | 因为这样就好理解你的自负了 |
[11:06] | You don’t have to be a doctor to have an ego,dear. | 亲爱的 你不用做医生 也可以有本钱自负 |
[11:10] | You just have to be good. | 你只要听话就可以了 |
[11:57] | It’s been a long time,Curtis. | 时隔多年了 Curtis |
[12:06] | Yeah… I’d be surprised to see me,too. | 是的… 我也很惊讶看到我自己 |
[12:21] | All right,one more time for the slow kid. | 好了 我再问一次这个笨小孩的事 |
[12:23] | I don’t know if he’s a therapist or a hospital administrator, | 我不知道他是个治疗师还是 医院的管理层 |
[12:25] | but he definitely works here. | 但是他绝对在这里工作 |
[12:28] | Late 40s. I’m guessing like your height. | 奔五的人了 跟你差不多高 |
[12:30] | Not great-looking,but he has a way with the ladies. | 长得不算很帅 但是泡妞自有一套 |
[12:34] | Oh,and he’s really good with his hands. | 哦 他的双手很灵巧 |
[12:36] | I saw him,uh, do this magic trick. | 我看见他 嗯 变了个魔术 |
[12:40] | And that bartender that he was hitting on, she was at least 20 years younger than he was. | 而他想泡的那服务员至少比他小20岁 |
[12:44] | So… | 所以… |
[12:46] | he certainly doesn’t lack for confidence. | 他肯定不缺乏自信 |
[12:48] | That’s for sure. | 这点是肯定的 |
[12:54] | And there he is. | 就是那个人 |
[12:59] | Sir? | 先生? |
[13:00] | Detective Lee Scanlon. This is my associate, Allison Dubois. | 我是Lee Scanlon探长 这是我的同事Allison Dubois |
[13:04] | We were wondering if we could ask you a few questions. | 我们想问你几个问题 |
[13:09] | I’ll take that as a “yes.” | 不说话就当你是默许了 |
[13:11] | Let’s start with your name. | 首先来问问名字吧 |
[13:13] | Joey. Joey Carmichael. | Joey 我叫Joey Carmichael |
[13:16] | Tell me,Joey, you know someone by the name of Curtis Lambert? | 告诉我 Joey 你认识一个叫Curtis Lambert的人吗? |
[13:20] | No. Why do you want to know? | 不认识 为什么问这个? |
[13:24] | Somebody broke into his house two nights ago, shot him three times. | 有人在前天晚上闯入他家 朝他开了三枪 |
[13:27] | Now he’s dead. | 现在他死了 |
[13:29] | That’s terrible. | 真是太恐怖了 |
[13:30] | Yeah,well, the thing of it is,Joey, | 是 事情是这样的 Joey |
[13:33] | I was wondering if you could account for your whereabouts two nights ago. | 我想要你说说前天晚上 你在什么地方 |
[13:36] | Wait a minute. I don’t understand. Am I in trouble for something? | 等等 我不明白 我有麻烦了吗? |
[13:39] | That’s what we’re here to find out. | 那就是我们来这里来寻找的答案 |
[13:41] | – Are these two friends of yours,Joey? – No,they work for the police. | – 这两个人是你的朋友吗 Joey? – 不 他们是警局的人 |
[13:44] | They think that I hurt somebody called Curtis Lambert. | 他们觉得我伤害了一个叫 Curtis Lambert的人 |
[13:47] | No. I’m… | – 不用解释 – 我… |
[13:48] | I’m sorry, do you mean Curtis Lambert, the drug dealer? | 不好意思 你说的是Curtis Lambert 那个大毒枭? |
[13:51] | The guy they’ve been talking about on TV for the last couple days? | 这几天电视一直在说的那个人? |
[13:54] | Yeah,I’m the lead investigator on the case. | 是的 我是调查这起案件的负责人 |
[13:56] | We’re here to follow up on a tip that Mr. Carmichael might have been involved. | 我们是在追查一条可能与 Carmichael先生有关的线索 |
[13:59] | – I never hurt anybody. – I know,I know. | – 我没有伤害过任何人 – 我知道 我知道 |
[14:01] | Why don’t you go ahead and get started on your exercises? | 你为什么不过去那边 开始你的康复训练呢? |
[14:05] | I need a few minutes to talk to these people. Okay? | 我需要几分钟来跟这些人谈谈 好吗? |
[14:11] | Look,if this is some sort of joke… | 听着 如果这只是个玩笑… |
[14:12] | This isn’t a joke,ma’am. Your friend Joey over there… | 这不是玩笑 女士 你的朋友 站在那边的Joey… |
[14:15] | is a person of interest. | 就是我们的嫌疑犯 |
[14:17] | Didn’t they say that this Curtis Lambert was shot? With a gun? | 新闻不是说Curtis Lambert是枪杀? 被枪打死的? |
[14:21] | That they broke into his house and did something with his burglar alarm? | 嫌犯是闯入他家 还让防盗系统失灵了? |
[14:24] | Yeah,that’s right. | 是的 没错儿 |
[14:26] | Well,I’m that man’s therapist and I can tell you Joey Carmichael hasn’t had full use of his hands– | 我是他的治疗师 我可以告诉你 Joey Carmichael双手无法正常使用 |
[14:31] | much less a lot of his brain– for more than four years now. | 他的大脑的功能损失就更大了… 这样至少已经4年了 |
[14:35] | That’s why he comes here. | 这就是他来这里的原因 |
[14:37] | See,that man there… that’s a walking miracle. | 看见没 那个人… 是一个活生生的奇迹 |
[14:40] | Shot in the head and left for dead. | 头部中枪 跟死神擦肩而过 |
[14:43] | Bullet’s still in his brain. | 子弹依旧在他的大脑里面 |
[14:46] | I mean,you can go and talk to him if you want, | 我的意思是 如果你愿意的话 你尽管过去跟他说好了 |
[14:47] | but you’ll see he has the mind of a 12-year-old. | 但是你会发现他的心智只有12岁 |
[14:51] | Okay,decision time. | 好了 你来判断一下 |
[14:53] | Garbage or Bridgette’s lunch tomorrow? | 这个是垃圾还是Bridgette明天的午餐? |
[14:56] | Come on,focus. Garbage pail or Bridgette’s belly? The clock is ticking. | 快点嘛 专心点 是进垃圾桶还是 Bridgette的肚皮? 时间快到了 |
[15:01] | Garbage. | 垃圾 |
[15:03] | Fine. | 好的 |
[15:04] | But Bridgette told me to tell you you’ve got no shot for mother of the year. | 但是Bridgette告诉我 你完全没有 机会当选“年度母亲” |
[15:09] | Someone’s in a mood. | 有人心情不好哦 |
[15:11] | It was a tough, embarrassing day. | 今天真是糟糕又难堪 |
[15:14] | Embarrassing? Really? You talking about Scanlon? | 难堪? 真的? 你是说Scanlon? |
[15:17] | Come on,Al,he’s been to this dance before. | 不要紧的 Al 他又不是第一次跟你合作 |
[15:19] | He knows that what you do isn’t an exact science. | 他知道你做的不是根据科学理论的 |
[15:22] | Joe,I spent half the day trying to lead him to a high-end professional killer. | Joe 我花了大半天的时间带他 去找一个高精尖的专业杀手 |
[15:26] | When we get there,the guy’s got a bullet in his brain | 当我们到那里的时候 那个人脑子里却有一个子弹 |
[15:29] | and looks like he can barely turn a doorknob. | 看起来他甚至转不动门把手 |
[15:31] | Okay. I give you permission to be embarrassed. | 好吧 我允许你难堪一下 |
[15:35] | If you do it in the bedroom,in bed. With your eyes closed. | 如果你能在卧室的床上做 并且紧闭双眼的话 |
[15:40] | For the last time: Stop with the stupid crying. | 我说最后一次 别再哭了 |
[15:44] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[15:46] | Embarrassing yourself is one thing. | 你自己丢人是一回事 |
[15:48] | Embarrassing me is another. | 让我丢人又是另一回事了 |
[15:51] | You didn’t have to do what you did. | 你没必要非那么做 |
[15:53] | You didn’t have to beat that kid up. | 你没必要打那个孩子 |
[15:56] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[15:57] | After what he did to you? | 在他那么对你之后? |
[15:59] | He’s lucky I didn’t break more than just his jaw. | 我只弄掉了他的下巴已经算他走运了 |
[16:02] | Please. | 拜托 |
[16:03] | Let me tell the principal I did it. | 让我去和校长说是我做的 |
[16:06] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[16:08] | who’s to say it wasn’t me? | 谁能说不是我呢 |
[16:10] | Me. I say it wasn’t you. | 我 我说不是你 |
[16:14] | Look… I’m sorry. | 听着…对不起 |
[16:17] | I know I’m only three minutes older, but that still makes me the big brother. | 我知道我只比你早出生3分钟 但我还是算哥哥 |
[16:22] | That means I look out for you. | 这意味着我罩着你 |
[16:24] | Not the other way around. | 而不是你罩着我 |
[16:36] | You. | 你 |
[16:38] | You’re not supposed to be here, only your brother. | 你不该在这里 我只找你哥哥 |
[16:45] | Joey Carmichael, if you don’t go back to class this very instant… | Joey Carmichael 如果你不立刻回到教室… |
[16:55] | Joey Carmichael. | |
[16:57] | I think he has a twin. | 我想他是双胞胎 |
[16:58] | – Who’s got a twin? – Joey Carmichael. | – 谁是双胞胎? |
[17:00] | He’s got a brother who looks just like him. | 他有个与他很像的哥哥 |
[17:04] | Okay,here we go. | 查到了 |
[17:06] | Theodore Carmichael, born 9-19-61. | 61年9月19日出生 |
[17:10] | – B and E specialist, by the looks of it. – “B and E”? | – 看来是B和E专家 – “B和E”? |
[17:14] | Breaking and entering. | 入室盗窃 |
[17:16] | According to this,he started with a few smash-and-grabs in his formative years, | 根据记录 在他成长过程中有多次暴力事件 |
[17:20] | then graduated to more sophisticated break-ins in the ’80s and ’90s. | 之后在80到90年代升级为 更加过分的入室抢劫行为 |
[17:24] | Main suspect in a jewelry store burglary in ’04, but never convicted. | 04年被怀疑盗窃珠宝店 但未被定罪 |
[17:29] | Guy like this could’ve gotten by Curtis Lambert’s alarm system in his sleep. | 像这样的人都会像Curtis Lambert 一样入睡时弄个警报系统 |
[17:32] | You think maybe I’m right, that this is the man I saw murder Lambert in my dreams? | 你想我是对的 这个人就是 我梦到杀害Lambert的人吗 |
[17:37] | I’ll put it to you this way: | 我这样认为 |
[17:39] | I’d sure as hell like to know where he was three nights ago. | 我非常想知道他三天前的晚上在哪里 |
[17:47] | You are so bad. | 你可真坏 |
[17:56] | Oh,sorry,I didn’t realize you were in the middle of something. | 对不起 我不知道你们在谈话 |
[17:58] | No,no,no. This is good. | 不不不 没关系 |
[17:59] | I’ll bet your ears were burning. | 我猜你感觉到我们在谈你了 |
[18:03] | Terry,this Joe Dubois, the genius I was telling you about. | Terry 这位是Joe Dubois 我跟你提到的天才 |
[18:06] | – Joe – Hello. | – 你好 |
[18:07] | this is Terry Cavanaugh. | 这是Terry Cavanaugh |
[18:09] | Terry’s the owner of Stratosphere Aeronautics. | Terry是尖端航空的老总 |
[18:12] | Pleased to meet you,Joe. | 很高兴见到你 Joe |
[18:14] | Meghan was just telling me all about your new venture. | Meghan刚刚告诉我你的新构想 |
[18:17] | It all sounds promising. Very promising. | 听起来很有前途 非常有前途 |
[18:19] | Well,we’re certainly excited. | 我们万分激动 |
[18:22] | Well,if you’ll excuse me. I’ve got a plane to catch. | 请原谅 我还有飞机要赶 |
[18:25] | I’m sure I’ll be talking to you both soon. | 我会尽快同你们两位谈 |
[18:29] | Great presentation, little lady. | 非常好的简报 小姐 |
[18:32] | You have my undivided attention. | 我开始关注你了 |
[18:36] | Mr. Dubois. | Dubois先生再见 |
[18:42] | What was that? Who was that? | 怎么回事 那是谁 |
[18:44] | That? That’s the John D. Rockefeller of solar energy. | 那? 那是太阳能领域的洛克菲勒 |
[18:48] | That’s the man with the deepest pockets in the world when it comes to alternative fuels. | 当提到替代能源时他会是 世界上最慷慨解囊的人 |
[18:53] | And he’s smitten with you,Joe. | 他被你迷住了 Joe |
[18:55] | Your ideas. | 你的点子 |
[18:57] | I told you I was going to work twice as hard. | 我告诉过你我会加倍努力 |
[19:00] | I told you I was going to make it up to you. | 我告诉过你我会补偿你 |
[19:02] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[19:04] | If he’s as important as you say he is, then what’s he doing here? | 如果他如你所说这么重要 那来这里做什么 |
[19:08] | Why is he coming to us? | 为什么来找我们 |
[19:09] | Terry and I go way back. | Terry和我过去有过合作 |
[19:11] | We did a lot of business together when I was at Buchanon-Lockhart. | 当我在Buchanon-Lockhart时 我们有很多生意合作 |
[19:15] | I just found out that he was in town this morning | 今早我得知他在这里 |
[19:17] | and that he had a 30-minute window before he had to fly home. | 而且在飞回家之前有30分钟时间 |
[19:25] | Say… “Nice work,Meghan.” | 说句… “干得漂亮 Meghan” |
[19:34] | Haven’t you ever made a mistake? | 难道你就没犯过错误 |
[19:36] | Haven’t you ever done something reckless… | 没有做过鲁莽的… |
[19:42] | or stupid… | 或愚蠢的事 |
[19:44] | and then had to go back to people who were important to you and say “I’m sorry”? | 然后得回到对你而言重要的人身边 说句”对不起”吗 |
[19:48] | “Give me another chance”? | 说句”再给我次机会”? |
[19:54] | That was Terry Cavanaugh. | 那可是Terry Cavanaugh |
[19:56] | I don’t know how to do better than that. | 我不可能做得更好了 |
[20:06] | Nice work,Meghan. | 干得漂亮 Meghan |
[20:19] | Shh,shh,keep it down. Keep it down. | 嘘嘘 小点声 小点声 |
[20:21] | – It took me half an hour to get the girls to sleep. – Sorry. | – 我花了半个钟头才哄孩子们睡着 – 对不起 |
[20:25] | I’ve never seen a man so happy about working late every night. | 我从没见过一个男人 每晚工作到很晚还这么开心的 |
[20:29] | What’s going on over there at Dubois-Doyle? | Dubois-Doyle公司有什么好事? |
[20:32] | Any extra employee benefits you want to tell me about? | 想跟我说说新来的职员为公司赚钱吗 |
[20:36] | Actually,I think that today we sort of turned a corner. | 我想今天我们遇到转折了 |
[20:40] | Earlier in the week, I wasn’t so sure. | 这周前几天我不敢肯定 |
[20:43] | – What do you mean? – Oh,I don’t know. | – 你什么意思 – 我不知道 |
[20:47] | I think for a while there I was just worried that we weren’t going to be the great team | 有段时间我担心我们不会成为 |
[20:51] | that I imagined we would be. | 我所期待的好团队 |
[20:54] | And then today… | 然后今天 |
[20:56] | I don’t know, we were both,like, firing on all cylinders. | 我们两个都开足了马力 |
[20:59] | She brought in this,like, alternative energy big shot and he really liked my stuff. | 她带来了替代能源领域的大亨 他非常喜欢我的点子 |
[21:03] | And I made some really, really good headway on the design for the prototype. | 我在原型设计上取得了非常大的成功 |
[21:08] | I don’t know,I think I just caught a glimpse of our future again… | 我想我再次见到了我们的未来 |
[21:12] | and I liked what I saw. | 我喜欢看到的一切 |
[21:37] | I know how difficult… | 我知道有多么困难… |
[21:39] | I got to leave town,Joey. | 我要离开城里了 Joey |
[21:41] | I don’t know when I’ll be back. It could be a while. | 我不知什么时候回来 可能要好一阵 |
[21:43] | Actually,it could be long while,but… | 真的 可能要好一阵子 但… |
[21:48] | I didn’t want to take off without saying good-bye. So, bye. | 我不想就这样不辞而别 所以前来辞行 |
[21:53] | – What the hell have you gotten yourself into now,Teddy? – Nothing. | – 你惹上什么麻烦了吗 Teddy – 没有 |
[21:57] | Just not seeing eye-to-eye with some business partners. | 只是与生意伙伴意见不合 |
[22:01] | And it’s a little misunderstanding. I mean,everything’s gonna be fine. | 有些小误会 但一切会好起来的 |
[22:03] | I promise. Seriously. | 我保证 真的 |
[22:06] | Hey,Teddy. | 嘿 Teddy |
[22:10] | I’ve been looking for you all night. | 我找了你整晚 |
[22:11] | What the hell’s going on,Teddy? Who is this guy? | 出了什么事 Teddy? 这人是谁? |
[22:16] | – Marty,I can explain. – Not to me. | – Marty 我可以解释 – 别对我说 |
[22:19] | Curtis wants to talk to you right now. | Curtis现在要见你 |
[22:21] | I’m not going to give you any trouble. Just… | 我不想给你找麻烦 但… |
[22:24] | just do me a favor, okay? Leave my brother out of this. He didn’t do anything. | 帮我个忙好吗 别把我弟弟搅进来 他与此事无关 |
[22:27] | I wish I could do that,Teddy. I really do. | 我也希望可以那样 Teddy 真的 |
[22:30] | No. What,wait! No! | 不 等等 不! |
[22:48] | How do you like that,Teddy? | 喜欢吗 Teddy |
[22:51] | You don’t have any witty comebacks now,huh? | 你的能言善道哪去了 |
[22:54] | Why did you shoot my brother? You didn’t… you didn’t have to do that. | 为什么要向我弟弟开枪 你没必要那样做 |
[22:59] | What you blaming us for,man? | 你在责怪我们吗 |
[23:02] | You should be looking at yourself. | 你该看看自己 |
[23:04] | The minute you tried to leave town with my money, you put everybody you love in danger. | 从你想带着我的钱出逃的那一刻起 就你所爱的人置入险境了 |
[23:10] | Joey didn’t know anything about this. | Joey什么都不知道 |
[23:13] | It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[23:16] | You know what? I’m bored with this. End it. | 知道吗 我厌倦了 干掉他 |
[23:34] | Oh,sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:37] | So,now you’re telling me you think Teddy Carmichael’s dead. | 现在你告诉我你认为 Teddy Carmichael死了 |
[23:40] | Teddy was executed by the same man who shot Joey in the head, | Teddy被向Joey脑袋开枪的人杀死了 |
[23:43] | a man who worked for Curtis Lambert. | 那个人替Curtis Lambert卖命 |
[23:45] | In fact,it happened the same night back in 2004. | 事实上 这件事发生在2004年的同一个晚上 |
[23:47] | According to the file, Joey was shot during a routine robbery attempt at his apartment. | 根据记录 Joey在自己公寓被抢劫时中枪 |
[23:51] | There’s nothing about his brother being executed in here. | 这里没有提到他哥哥被杀 |
[23:53] | This was no routine robbery. | 这不是一般的抢劫 |
[23:54] | The man who shot Joey used a silencer. | 向Joey开枪的人装了消音器 |
[23:57] | Look at the file. Not one of his neighbors reported hearing a gunshot. | 看看资料 没有任何一个邻居 举报听到枪声 |
[24:00] | Fine. No one heard the gunshot. It wouldn’t be the first time. That proves nothing. | 好吧 没人听到枪声 这又不是第一次 证明不了什么 |
[24:04] | – What’s your point? – I don’t know. | – 你想说啥 – 我不知道 |
[24:06] | It’s not really about a point. | 我不想说什么 |
[24:08] | I’m just telling you what I know. I’m just telling you what I saw. I’m just… | 我只是告诉你我所知道的和看到的 |
[24:11] | I’m trying to help you,Lee. | 我是在帮你 Lee |
[24:12] | I appreciate that,Allison, but honestly… | 对此我很感激 Allison 但老实讲… |
[24:14] | right now you’re just confusing me. | 现在你让我越来越糊涂 |
[24:16] | Two nights ago you saw Teddy Carmichael kill Curtis Lambert. | 两晚前你见到Teddy Carmichael 杀死Curtis Lambert |
[24:19] | Last night you saw someone who worked for Curtis kill Teddy. | 昨晚你见到为Curtis卖命的人杀了Teddy |
[24:21] | Obviously,one of your dreams was wrong. | 显然有一个梦是错误的 |
[24:23] | That means the only thing for me to do is focus on the things I know for certain. | 这意味着我只能专注于我确知的事 |
[24:26] | I got Curtis Lambert’s body in the morgue, | Curtis Lambert的尸体放在停尸房 |
[24:28] | and I have a suspect in Teddy Carmichael, | 我怀疑Teddy Carmichael |
[24:30] | a man who,as far as the official record’s concerned, is very much alive. | 根据官方记录来看 极有可能还活着 |
[24:33] | And I’m gonna keep looking for him until I find out otherwise. In fact… | 我会继续寻找他 直到发现他的尸体 实际上… |
[24:36] | I’m on my way over to see his brother Joey about that very thing right now. | 我正要去看望他的弟弟Joey |
[24:41] | If you want to come. | 如果你想同去的话 |
[24:44] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[24:45] | You’re saying you think Teddy might have hurt this guy? | 你们说可能是Teddy伤害了这个人吗 |
[24:48] | We’d like to ask him some questions. | 我们想问他几个问题 |
[24:49] | Well, my brother had nothing to do with this. | 我哥哥与此事无关 |
[24:51] | He couldn’t have. Teddy lives in Miami now. | 他不会… Teddy现在住在迈阿密 |
[24:53] | If he was coming to town, he would’ve told me. | 如果他来城里 会告诉我的 |
[24:58] | Do you mind if I help? | 要我帮个忙吗 |
[25:00] | Yeah,thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:01] | Miami? Do you have a phone number for him? Or an address? | 迈阿密? 你有他的电话号码或地址? |
[25:05] | No. He moves around a lot. | 没有 他经常搬家 |
[25:07] | When did Teddy move to Miami? | Teddy什么时候搬到迈阿密的 |
[25:09] | It was a few years ago. | 几年前 |
[25:13] | it was right around the time that I got hurt. | 就在我受伤的前后 |
[25:16] | Can you think of the last time that you actually saw your brother since that night? | 你记得那晚后你还见过他吗 |
[25:22] | He hasn’t come to visit for a long time. | 他很长一段时间没有来访了 |
[25:25] | Joey,I don’t mean to pry. | Joey 我不是八卦 |
[25:27] | Can you remember anything about the night that you were attacked? | 你还记得被袭当晚的事吗 |
[25:30] | Can you remember if Teddy was there? | 能否记得Teddy在场? |
[25:32] | I don’t remember anything about that day. | 那天的事我不记得了 |
[25:34] | My doctor says I probably never will. | 我的医生说我可能永远也记不起来了 |
[25:37] | Well,that’s okay,Joey. | 没关系的 Joey |
[25:39] | I’m just confused about one thing. | 我只是困惑一件事 |
[25:42] | You said you don’t have a phone number for your brother. | 你说你没有你哥哥的电话 |
[25:44] | Then how do the two of you keep in touch? | 那你们两个是如何联系的 |
[25:46] | He calls me a couple times a week at least. | 他每周至少打几次电话 |
[25:49] | I mean,I just got a message from him yesterday. | 昨天我刚收到他的留言 |
[25:52] | – Can we hear it? – Yeah. | – 我们能听一下吗 – 当然 |
[26:03] | Hey,kid,it’s your big brother. | 嘿 小家伙 是你老哥啦 |
[26:04] | Listen,don’t get nervous if your check’s a day or two late this month,okay? | 听着 如果你的支票晚了一两天别紧张 |
[26:08] | There’s a bank holiday this week. | 这周银行休假 |
[26:10] | So,your doctors told me you’re doing great in rehab. | 你的医生告诉我你复原的很好 |
[26:13] | I’m really proud of you. | 我真为你感到自豪 |
[26:15] | I’ll check in with you in a couple days,all right? Bye. | 我几天后再和你联系 好吗 爱你 |
[26:22] | Teddy looks out for me. | Teddy照看着我 |
[26:24] | He always has. | 他一直如此 |
[26:29] | Hey,family guy. It’s after 6:00. When are you getting out of here? | 居家好男人 已经过了6点 你什么时候走 |
[26:33] | Is it really? | 真的吗 |
[26:34] | My God,I swear, a minute ago it was 3:30. | 老天 我发誓1分钟前还是3点半 |
[26:38] | I must like this job. | 我一定是很喜欢这个工作 |
[26:39] | Well,that makes two of us. | 我也是 |
[26:42] | So,good news. Terry Cavanaugh invited me to come to Albuquerque. | 好消息 Terry Cavanaugh 邀我明天去阿尔布开克 |
[26:45] | Meet some of their senior people tomorrow. | 会见一些老前辈 |
[26:47] | I’m flying out first thing in the morning. | 我明天一早就飞过去 |
[26:50] | I think they’re contemplating making a major investment. | 我想他们正在考虑进行大投资 |
[26:53] | He really liked what he heard. | 他真的喜欢那个想法 |
[27:05] | You know I’m really starting to resent this good mood of yours. | 我开始讨厌你有这么好的心情了 |
[27:08] | Hey,isn’t it nice that somebody in this house is happy in their work? | 家里有个人对自己的工作 感到高兴难道不好吗 |
[27:11] | Besides,I like being able to pay our bills. | 另外 我很高兴付账单 |
[27:13] | Well,that’s great, Mr. Sunshine. | 真是好极了 阳光先生 |
[27:15] | Why don’t you shut off the light and go to bed. | 干嘛不关灯睡觉呢 |
[27:17] | I find all this good cheer depressing. | 我感觉你这么高兴很让人郁闷 |
[27:20] | Now listen, I know this Scanlon thing has got you frustrated. | 听着 我知道Scanlon的事让你苦恼 |
[27:25] | And I know that this case got you all confused, but I think you’re looking at this all wrong. | 我想这件事你之所以郁闷 是因为你理解错了 |
[27:29] | I mean,you ever stop for a minute and, and think about this from the brother’s point of view? | 能不能有一分钟停下来 从哥哥的角度来看看 |
[27:35] | What are you talking about? I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 你在说什么 我完全不知道你在说什么 |
[27:38] | The brother. The one that you thought was dead? | 哥哥 你以为他死了的那个 |
[27:41] | I mean,I know that you’re upset to hear that he’s alive, | 我知道听到他还活着你很不安 |
[27:43] | but it’s got to be good news to him. | 但这对他来说是个好消息 |
[27:45] | Is this a joke? | 这是玩笑话吗 |
[27:46] | Is that what we’re doing now? Jokes? | 我们是在开玩笑吗 |
[27:49] | Oh,I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was time for the supper show. | 对不起 我不知道现在是晚餐秀时间 |
[27:51] | If I did,I would have made sure to turn the ringer off on my cell phone. | 如果我知道 我肯定会把手机调成无声的 |
[27:57] | You didn’t think that was funny? | 你不认为这很好笑吗 |
[27:59] | ‘Cause I’m just trying to cheer you up. | 因为我只是想让你高兴起来 |
[28:03] | you know they say a good mood is contagious. | 他们说好心情会传染 |
[28:05] | Yeah,you know what I say? They’re wrong. | 知道我怎么看吗 他们说的不对 |
[28:09] | All right. Love you. | 好吧 我爱你 |
[28:11] | Yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah. | |
[28:14] | Keep it to yourself. | 留着对自己说吧 |
[28:19] | That better not be Coffee Crunch you’re eating. | 你吃的最好别是脆皮咖啡冰淇淋 |
[28:24] | You know Coffee Crunch keeps you awake. | 那会让你一直清醒 |
[28:28] | Come on,Joey,put down the ice cream and go to sleep. | 好了Joey 放下冰淇淋睡觉吧 |
[28:32] | You’re not going to be at your best until you fall asleep. | 只有睡着了你才会是最佳状态 |
[28:37] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[28:41] | Off to dreamland,kiddo. Let your big brother drive for a while. | 进入梦乡吧孩子 让哥哥来做主 |
[29:26] | You’ve reached Joey Carmichael. Please leave me a message. | 我是Joey Carmichael 请留言 |
[29:31] | Hey,Joey. It’s Teddy. | 嘿 Joey 我是Teddy |
[29:32] | Just wanted you to know, I’m gonna put a little something extra in this month’s check. | 就是告知你一下 这个月的支票我会多加些 |
[29:36] | I know our birthday is coming up, ********** | 要知道我们快生日了 我希望你送自己个礼物 |
[29:45] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟了 |
[29:46] | Got tied up talking to the Miami PD. | 整晚跟迈阿密警方交涉 太累了 |
[29:50] | Teddy Carmichael doesn’t have a registered address there, | Teddy Carmichael在那儿没注册地址 |
[29:53] | but they’re going to run his known aliases and see what turns up. | 但他们会发寻人启事 然后看会怎样 |
[29:55] | I get a feeling no matter how hard they try, Miami PD isn’t going to find him. | 我觉得不管他们怎么努力 迈阿密警方不会找到他的 |
[30:00] | You said to me the other day one of my dreams had to be wrong. | 你之前跟我说 我有一个梦可能是错的 |
[30:03] | Well,I’m starting to think that both my dreams were right. | 我现在觉得我的两个梦都是对的 |
[30:08] | Teddy Carmichael is dead. | Teddy Carmichael是死了 |
[30:10] | And he did kill Curtis Lambert. | 但也的确是他杀了Curtis Lambert |
[30:14] | You aren’t saying anything. | 你怎么不说话? |
[30:16] | What’s there to say? | 还有什么好说的? |
[30:17] | Come on,you’ve heard those crazy stories about twins. | 拜托 你也听说过 关于双胞胎的神奇故事的 |
[30:19] | How some lady in Poughkeepsie knows immediately | 比如一个在Poughkeepsie城的女士 会立即知晓 |
[30:21] | that her sister in Grand Rapids got hit by a bus. | 她在Grand Rapids城的妹妹被公车撞了 |
[30:24] | Or how they finish each other’s sentences? | 比如他们心有灵犀 |
[30:25] | Or how some of them speak in some secret language when they’re kids? | 再比如他们幼年时 用只有彼此知晓的语言交流 |
[30:29] | And now Teddy is using it to control his brother to,I don’t know… | 现在Teddy正利用这种感应力量 控制他弟弟去…我也不知道 |
[30:35] | possess him. | 操纵他 |
[30:37] | Are you telling me that’s how he killed Curtis Lambert? | 你是想告诉我这是 他杀害Curtis Lambert的方式? |
[30:39] | I think that’s how he does a lot of things. | 我觉得他就是这么做的 |
[30:41] | I think that’s how he pays Joey’s medical bills. | 他这样支付了Joey的医疗帐单 |
[30:43] | That’s how he leaves him messages to let him know he’s okay. | 给joey留言 让他知道他很好 |
[30:48] | What are you thinking? | 你是怎么想的? |
[30:49] | I think I’m thinking what you’d expect me to be thinking. | 我正以你期望的方式在想 |
[30:52] | I’m sorry,Allison. I know you want to help, but right now, to be honest, | 抱歉Allison 我知道你想帮忙 但现在 说实话 |
[30:55] | we’re spending time I don’t have on theories I can’t use. | 我们正在把浪费不起的时间 花在不能用的理论上 |
[31:00] | But I do appreciate it. | 但还是谢谢你 |
[31:05] | – I got it. I got it. – Whatever. | – 我来 我来 – 随便了 |
[31:08] | Hello? | 喂? |
[31:09] | Okay,psychic lady, guess what I’m thinking? | 好的 神通女士 猜我在想什么? |
[31:11] | You’re thinking… “Oh,it’s almost dinnertime. | 你在想… “哦 快要晚饭时间了” |
[31:14] | I’m not home yet. Maybe I should call my wife.” | “我还没回家 或许我该打电话我老婆” |
[31:16] | It’s amazing how you do that. | 太厉害了 怎么做到的 |
[31:18] | Thing is I’m having kind of a breakthrough here. | 事实是 我这边有大进展了 |
[31:21] | Oh,really? | 是吗? |
[31:22] | You ever notice how you always have a breakthrough when it’s time to, | 你有没有注意到 每次你有进展 |
[31:26] | uh,feed a child, or bathe a child or put a child to bed? | 都是给小孩做饭 给小孩洗澡 还有哄小孩睡觉的时候? |
[31:30] | Is that true? | 真的? |
[31:32] | Hey,maybe,uh,I should always have a dirty,hungry, or sleepy child around. | 嘿 也许我该弄个脏兮兮 饥肠辘辘 或者打瞌睡的小孩在我身边 |
[31:35] | Imagine the new frontiers I’d be able to conquer. Sorry. | 我就能攻克多少难题了啊 真抱歉 |
[31:39] | Oh,it’s okay. It’ll be my turn one night. | 没关系 总会轮到我这样的 |
[31:58] | You don’t want to do that. | 别这么做 |
[32:01] | The food’ll just sit in your gut all night. | 食物会整晚停留在你的腹内 |
[32:03] | You’ll never get back to sleep. | 你就没法睡了 |
[32:06] | Sorry if I frightened you. | 抱歉吓到你了 |
[32:08] | What do you want? | 你想要怎样? |
[32:10] | I want to make you a proposition. | 我想跟你谈个交易 |
[32:13] | What kind of proposition? | 什么交易? |
[32:15] | You stop telling people about my brother and me, | 你不告诉别人我和我弟弟的事 |
[32:19] | about how I can do whaI do, and I’ll stop doing it. | 我怎么干了那些事的 作为交换 我会停手 |
[32:23] | What are you saying? You’re planning on doing more? | 你说什么? 你还要这样做? |
[32:26] | You already killed the man who ordered your brother’s attack, who ordered your execution. | 你已经杀了那个下令伤害你弟弟 下令处死你的人了 |
[32:31] | But not the man who pulled the trigger. Not yet. | 但不是那个扣板机的人 还没 |
[32:35] | So,what do you say? | 你觉得怎样? |
[32:38] | You stop trying to convince the police about Joey and me, | 你别再努力让警方相信 Joey和我的关系 |
[32:41] | and I’ll give you my word nothing will happen to that guy. | 我也跟你保证 我不会动那家伙一个手指头 |
[32:47] | I don’t believe you. You are… you’re… | 我不相信你 你是… 你是… |
[32:52] | you’re filled with anger. | 你充满愤怒 |
[32:55] | You are filled with vengeance. | 你一心想要报仇 |
[32:58] | I can… I can feel it from here. | 我能… 我在这儿都能感受到 |
[33:00] | I never said there wouldn’t be vengeance. I just said I wouldn’t kill him. | 我从未说过我不复仇 我只说我不会杀他 |
[33:05] | You’re going to send him to jail for me. | 你替我把他送进监狱 |
[33:09] | For the rest of his life. | 一辈子别想再出来 |
[33:10] | I am? For what? | 我? 为什么? |
[33:12] | For murdering me,of course. | 当然是因为他谋杀我 |
[33:16] | After he shot me that night, he buried me. | 他枪杀我之后 埋了我 |
[33:18] | I can show you exactly where. | 我可以告诉你具体位置 |
[33:21] | You dig me up,you’re going to find bullets in my body | 你们把我挖出来 会发现尸体里的子弹 |
[33:23] | that match the gun that he’s still using. | 与子弹匹配的那把枪 他现在还在用 |
[33:28] | So do we have a deal, Mrs. Dubois? | 那成交与否 Dubois夫人? |
[33:33] | That’s my husband. | 我老公回来了 |
[33:41] | What are you doing up at this hour? | 这么晚了怎么还没睡? |
[33:43] | Uh,just… I couldn’t sleep. | 呃 只是… 我睡不着 |
[33:47] | Missed me,huh? | 想我啊? |
[33:49] | Well,don’t worry. You’ll sleep. | 别担心 你会睡着的 |
[33:51] | I’m tired enough for the two of us. | 我厌倦了我俩这样 |
[33:55] | I’ll be right in. | 我一会就来 |
[34:03] | Teddy,if you can hear me…I’m in. | Teddy 如果你还听到…我入伙 |
[34:12] | I don’t understand. | 我看不明白 |
[34:14] | This can’t be Teddy. That’s… That’s not Teddy. | 这不可能是Teddy 那… 那不是Teddy |
[34:21] | I’m sorry,Mr. Carmichael, but that is your brother. | 很抱歉 Carmichael先生 但那的确是你哥哥 |
[34:25] | But he calls me, sends me money every month. | 但他打电话给我的啊 每个月还寄给我钱 |
[34:28] | But he doesn’t really call you. | 但他并没真正地打电话你 |
[34:31] | I mean,think about it. | 我是说 你想一下 |
[34:32] | You haven’t had a real conversation in a very long time. | 你们已经有相当长时间 没能真正地交谈了 |
[34:35] | He leaves you messages,recordings. | 他给你留消息 录音 |
[34:38] | Joey, your brother loved you very much. | Joey 你哥哥很爱你 |
[34:43] | But given the kind of life that he was leading, | 但是想想他过的生活 |
[34:47] | we think that he knew something was about to happen to him. | 我们觉得 他知道自己会有事 |
[34:51] | So he… he put a system into place– the checks, the recordings– | 那他… 他通过一套体系 — 那些支票 留言– |
[34:57] | to take care of you in case the worst happened. | 来照顾你 以防坏事发生 |
[35:01] | I’m sure this is of little comfort to you at this moment, | 我相信这对此时的你来说 应该算个小安慰 |
[35:03] | Mr. Carmichael, but we do have a suspect in custody. | Carmichael先生 我们现在已经拘留了嫌犯 |
[35:07] | His name’s Martin Gibbons. | 他的名字叫Martin Gibbons |
[35:10] | He worked for a man named Curtis Lambert. | 他为Curtis Lambert做事 |
[35:13] | We have very strong evidence to believe that he’s the man who may have killed Teddy. | 我们有证据证明他杀了Teddy |
[35:20] | He always looked after me, you know? | 他一直照看我的 知道么? |
[35:26] | Who’s going to look after me now? | 现在谁来照看我呢? |
[35:34] | “Sorry we keep missing each other, “though I suspect I miss you more. | “亲爱的joe 抱歉我们一直错过” “我想我现在更想念你了” |
[35:39] | “Terry Cavanaugh is a true believer “and that has made me realize | “Terry Cavanaugh是一个信仰者” “他使我意识到” |
[35:42] | “that we are not just each other’s futures… | “我们不仅是彼此的未来…” |
[35:45] | “we are each other’s destinies. | “我们是彼此的命定” |
[35:47] | Back soon. Meghan.” | “一会就回来 Meghan” |
[35:50] | Has anyone seen Princess Marie? | 有人看见公主Marie了么? |
[35:54] | I’m looking everywhere for her. | 我到处在找她 |
[35:55] | I’ve come to rescue her. | 我来解救她了 |
[35:57] | I’m right here. | 我就在这儿 |
[36:01] | Hang on a second. | 等会儿 |
[36:02] | Uh,I will return to rescue you after I talk to the dragon on the phone. | 呃 我跟龙讲过电话就过来解救你哦 |
[36:09] | Hello? | 喂? |
[36:10] | Sorry to bother you at home,Allison, | 抱歉打搅你在家的时光 Allison |
[36:11] | but I wanted you to hear this before it landed on the evening news. | 但我希望你在看到晚间新闻之前听到这个 |
[36:15] | Martin Gibbons was released a half an hour ago; he made bail. | Martin Gibbons 一个半钟头前被假释了 |
[36:17] | I thought the bullets in Teddy’s corpse matched his gun. | 在Teddy身体里找到子弹和他的枪是匹配的呀 |
[36:21] | The preliminary tests say they do, | 初步测试结果是这样 |
[36:22] | but we won’t have the final results for about a day | 但一天后才能得到最终结果 |
[36:24] | and his lawyer was able to leverage that for bail. | 他的律师可以利用这个来保释他 |
[36:28] | I’m no happier about this guy sleeping in his own bed tonight than you are, | 让这家伙今晚睡在自己床上 我和你一样不满 |
[36:30] | but believe me, this case is as good as closed. | 但相信我 这案子就快结束了 |
[36:33] | We are going to put this guy away. | 我们会把这家伙关起来的 |
[36:35] | Well,I hope you do it soon. | 那我希望你们能尽快 |
[36:36] | I gave my word to someone that Gibbons was going to get what he deserves. | 我跟某人保证过 Gibbons会得到应有的报应的 |
[36:41] | – Why are frogs so happy? – I don’t know. | – 青蛙怎么这么开心? – 我不知道 |
[36:43] | ‘Cause they eat whatever bugs them. | 因为给它们什么就吃什么 |
[36:45] | – Why did the frog say “meow”? – I don’t know. | – 青蛙为什么”瞄瞄”叫? – 我不知道 |
[36:49] | He was learning a foreign language. | 他在学外语 |
[36:53] | Mm,hey, you’re just in time. | 嘿 回来得正好 |
[36:55] | Let me get you a plate. | 我给你拿盘子 |
[36:57] | I need to speak to you. | 我需要和你谈谈 |
[37:03] | What is this? What am I looking at? Why are you showing me this? | 这是什么? 这是什么? 你为什么给我看这个? |
[37:08] | It’s from Meghan. | 是Meghan送的 |
[37:11] | It’s a robe. It’s a cashmere robe. | 这是睡袍 是开司米睡袍 |
[37:15] | I called the store. It cost $2,200. | 我打电话问了店家 要两千两百块 |
[37:17] | I don’t care how much it costs. What is she doing buying you a robe? | 我才不管这值多少钱 问题是她买睡袍给你做什么? |
[37:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:22] | Uh,I can’t reach her,Allison. I think she’s on a plane. | 我联系不到她 Allison 她可能在飞机上 |
[37:25] | Yeah? Well, I hope it crashes. | 是吗? 那我希望它会坠毁 |
[37:27] | Now,listen, Allison… | 听着 Allison… |
[37:28] | And what do you mean “you don’t know”? | 你说”你不知道”是什么意思? |
[37:30] | You’re telling me you just work with someone every day and then suddenly, | 你告诉我你只是和某人一起工作 然后突然之间 |
[37:33] | out of nowhere,out of the blue, they buy you a $2,200 robe? | 莫名其妙地 他们就给你买了2200美元的睡袍? |
[37:37] | Well,hold on. Hold on a second. Wait. | 等等 等会 等会 等等 |
[37:40] | Come on,I swear to God, there’s nothing going on. | 拜托 我发誓 什么都没发生 |
[37:44] | All right,it’s crazy. She’s crazy! | 好吧 这太疯狂了 她太疯狂了! |
[37:47] | The other night I’m working in my office, late,on my own, | 某天晚上 我一个人在办公室 工作晚了 |
[37:49] | and she walks in,she’s all drunk off her ass, | 她进来了 喝得醉醺醺的 |
[37:52] | she leaves her boyfriend to tell me that… | 她抛下她的男朋友来告诉我… |
[37:53] | The patent is clear. I know! | 专利申请通过了 我知道! |
[37:57] | I don’t want to hear it! I don’t need to hear it! | 我不想要听! 我也不需要听! |
[37:59] | I already dreamt it! I saw it all! | 我已经梦到了! 我都见到了! |
[38:02] | You did? Then why didn’t you tell me? | 你知道? 那你怎么不跟我说? |
[38:04] | No! That is not the question! | 不! 问题不是这个! |
[38:06] | The question is why didn’t you tell me? | 问题是你为什么不告诉我? |
[38:12] | When it happened, why didn’t you tell me? | 事情发生时 你为什么不告诉我? |
[38:27] | Oh,jeez. | 哦 天哪 |
[38:30] | For a minute there I thought I was looking at a ghost. | 有那么一分钟我还以为我见鬼了呢 |
[38:34] | I remember you now. | 我记起来了 |
[38:36] | You’re Teddy’s brother,right? | 你是Teddy的弟弟 对吧? |
[38:39] | Well,listen, I don’t know what you’ve been hearing on the news, | 听着 我不知道你在新闻上看到什么 |
[38:41] | but I had nothing to do with what happened to your brother. | 但我和你哥哥的死毫无瓜葛 |
[38:45] | He was a good guy. I liked Teddy. | Teddy是个好人 我挺喜欢他的 |
[38:53] | So,Joey,you just gonna stand there all night, or you actually have something to say? | 那 Joey 你准备整晚就站在那儿呢 还是你想要说什么? |
[39:17] | Lee. | |
[39:18] | You already heard,huh? | 你已经听说了哈? |
[39:19] | Guess he wasn’t too happy about his brother’s killer making bail. | 估计他不高兴看到杀他哥哥的凶手被假释 |
[39:22] | Did you talk to him? | 你跟他谈过了吗? |
[39:24] | No,I tried, but he wouldn’t say a word. | 没 我试过了 他不肯说话 |
[39:26] | Honestly,we don’t really need him to answer our questions. | 说实话 我们也不需要他回答问题 |
[39:28] | He did what he did in front of a restaurant full of eyewitnesses. | 他做这件事时 可是有一餐厅的目击证人的 |
[39:32] | I should be going,Allison. Let’s talk in the morning,okay? | 我先挂了 Allison 明早再联系好吗? |
[39:41] | You’re upset, aren’t you? | 你很生气 是吧? |
[39:44] | Don’t be. | 不要这样 |
[39:46] | Oh,don’t be upset? You want me to not be upset? | 不生气? 你想叫我不生气? |
[39:50] | Then why did you do it? | 那你为什么还要做这种事? |
[39:52] | I’m afraid you’re mistaken, Mrs. Dubois. I didn’t do anything. | 我想你误会了Dubois夫人 我什么都没做 |
[39:55] | What happened at that restaurant tonight was all Joey. | 今晚在饭店的那个人是Joey |
[39:58] | I-I didn’t have anything to do with it. | 我-我与此没有一丁点关系 |
[40:01] | I don’t believe you. You’re lying. | 我不相信你 你在撒谎 |
[40:05] | I wish I was. | 我也希望我是 |
[40:07] | I guess Joey thought that he was looking out for me this time. | 我想Joey以为这一次他该照顾我了 |
[40:10] | Listen,I’ve to go, but like I said, you don’t have to be upset. | 听着 我得走了 我说了 你没必要生气的 |
[40:14] | Truth is, Joey’s not going to spend one single second in prison, I promise you. | 事实是 Joey不会在监狱呆哪怕一秒钟 我保证 |
[40:18] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[40:20] | I’m going to take over. | 我会去的 |
[40:22] | Do his stretch in prison. Keep him safe. | 代替他在监狱里 保护他 |
[40:25] | When he finally gets out,it’ll be like he took a long nap. | 他出狱的时候 只会觉得是睡了一觉 |
[40:29] | That’s very nice. | 这很好 |
[40:31] | We’re talking about murder. | 我们说的是谋杀 |
[40:33] | What if he gets life? | 如果判他终生呢? |
[40:35] | That’s not gonna happen. | 没可能 |
[40:38] | You see,Joey killed the man who killed his brother. | 你看 Joey是为自己的哥哥报仇雪恨 |
[40:41] | A jury’s bound to have some sympathy for that. | 陪审团会考虑这一点的 |
[40:43] | And besides,when they get a look at his condition… | 再说了 当他们看到他的境况… |
[40:47] | let’s just say I think the court’s gonna be merciful. | 只能说 到时候 法庭会手下留情的 |
[40:51] | Do you think that… | 你觉得是… |
[40:53] | or do you know that? | 还是你根本就知道? |
[40:55] | Nancy Fong is live at the scene as murder suspect Joseph Carmichael | Nancy Fong 现场报道 谋杀嫌疑人Joseph Carmichael |
[40:59] | is transferred to McCarren State Penitentiary, | 被转移到 McCarren州立监狱 |
[41:02] | where he’ll await arraignment. | 他将在那儿等待提审 |
[41:08] | Mr. Carmichael,rumor has it that the district attorney is planning to seek the maximum sentence. | Carmichael先生 传言说地方检察官 将以最长刑期起诉你 |
[41:12] | Do you have a comment? | 对此你有什么要说的吗? |
[41:13] | Well,honestly, I’m not so scared of prison. | 说实话 我也没那么怕监狱 |
[41:16] | I think it’ll be just like taking a long nap. | 就当是长长地睡了一觉 |
[41:42] | Please don’t wake the girls. | 别吵醒孩子们 |
[41:47] | I don’t know how much you dreamt… | 我不知道你梦到了哪… |
[41:51] | I don’t know what you saw… | 也不知道你见到了什么… |
[41:54] | but nothing happened. | 可什么都没发生 |
[41:57] | I wouldn’t let anything happen. | 我不会允许有事发生的 |
[42:01] | I could never let anything happen. | 我永远都不会 |
[42:05] | You are everything to me. | 你就是我的一切 |
[42:11] | I’m going to go in there in the morning. I’m going to tell her there’s no company. | 我明天一早就去告诉她 没什么公司了 |
[42:15] | Not with me in it. | 反正我不跟她合伙 |
[42:22] | I’ll have another idea. I’ll find another partner. | 我另有打算 我会另找个合伙人 |
[42:29] | Best-laid plans,huh? | 精心计划的一切 哈? |