时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Medium: | 灵媒缉凶 上季提要 |
[00:02] | He’s dying. | 他要死了 |
[00:03] | The mayor, the governor, they… | 市长 州长 他们… |
[00:06] | all want me to step in. | 都希望我接替他 |
[00:07] | They gave him his job back. | 他们恢复了他的工作 |
[00:10] | That’s amazing. | 太令人惊奇了 |
[00:12] | Does that mean that you get your job back? | 就是说 你也重新开工了? |
[00:14] | As soon as I want. | 只要我想 |
[00:16] | Who’s that? | 那是谁? |
[00:17] | Terry Cavanaugh, | |
[00:18] | the John Rockefeller of solar energy. | John Rockefeller太阳能源公司 |
[00:20] | You know, I bought your company. | 你知道 我收购了你的公司 |
[00:22] | Bought your invention. | 包括你的发明 |
[00:23] | How’d you like to finish what you started? | 你想给自己创办的基业一个怎样的结局? |
[00:26] | He said do it in Phoenix. | 他说在凤凰城做 |
[00:28] | Find some space, hire some people… | 找个地方 雇些人手… |
[00:31] | make me some money. | 给我赚点钱 |
[00:32] | Whoo! | 喔! |
[00:45] | Tonight, on Ripley’s Believe It Or Not | 今晚 Ripley主持的 相信与否 |
[00:49] | you’ll meet a hungry, young woman | 你会邂逅一位饥肠辘辘的年轻女性 |
[00:50] | with an appetite for cold steel, | 对刀刃有超强的胃口 |
[00:54] | a music loverwho has turned his very extremities | 一位音乐爱好者 能够将其自身的手足 |
[00:58] | into a sonorous instrument. | 变为音韵美妙的乐器 |
[01:04] | A contortionist who’s perfected a method | 一位柔体杂技演员 发明了一种完美的方法 |
[01:06] | for examining his own spine. | 来检测自己的脊柱 |
[01:10] | But first, in 1848, | 但是最令人惊奇的是 在1848年 |
[01:13] | Phineas Gage was part of a work gang | Phineas Gage只是一名普普通通的工人 |
[01:16] | blasting rock while clearing the roadbed | 在新建的铁路线上爆破石块清理路基 |
[01:18] | for a new railroad line. | |
[01:20] | On September 13th of that year, | 同年的9月13日 |
[01:23] | Phineas’s life would be changed forever by one simple spark. | Phineas的生活将因为一个火花而被彻底改变 |
[01:28] | He was tamping down an explosive charge with an iron rod | 正当他用一根铁棒填塞炸药的时候 |
[01:32] | when the gunpowder ignited early | 炸药却意外提早爆炸了 |
[01:34] | and a three-foot iron rod | 那根三英尺长的铁棒 |
[01:36] | was blown clear through Phineas’s skull. | 直插入了Phineas的颅骨 |
[01:39] | Miraculously, Phineas survived. | 可Phineas却奇迹般地活了下来 |
[01:45] | His body, it seemed, had made a complete recovery. | 看起来 他的身体已经基本康复 |
[01:49] | His spirit, on the other hand… | 另一方面 他的精神… |
[01:56] | Those who knew Phineas best | 那些非常了解Phineas的人们说 |
[01:58] | said he was a changed man after his accident. | 自那次事故后 他好像完全变了一个人 |
[02:01] | Once even-keeled and hardworking, | 一个曾专注于勤奋工作的人 |
[02:04] | he was now fitful, irreverent and grossly profane. | 现在却变成一个阴晴不定 粗俗暴戾的无赖 |
[02:08] | But would it surprise you to learn | 但当你知道 |
[02:10] | that Phineas, after a long night of drinking, | 在一晚的宿醉之后 Phineas一度认为 |
[02:13] | once identified himself to a fellow inebriate | 自己是一个名叫”Cyrus Ames”的酒徒时 |
[02:16] | as “Cyrus Ames”? | 你会否感到惊讶呢? |
[02:18] | Who, you ask, was Cyrus Ames? | 于是你问道 Cyrus Ames是谁? |
[02:22] | Cyrus Ames was a notorious gunfighter and card cheat. | Cyrus Ames是一个臭名昭著的枪战高手和骗子 |
[02:26] | For a time, he was employed by the railroads | 他曾有一段时间被铁路公司雇佣 |
[02:28] | to shoot any Indians | 去枪杀所有企图… |
[02:29] | who attempted to interfere with the construction. | 干扰建设进展的印第安人 |
[02:32] | On the day of Phineas’s accident, | Phineas遭遇意外事故的那天 |
[02:35] | Cyrus Ames lay dying of syphilis in the very same doctor’s office | Cyrus Ames在收治Phineas的同一家诊所 |
[02:40] | where Phineas was treated. | 因梅毒死去 |
[02:42] | There are some who believe | 有些人相信 |
[02:43] | that an exchange of sorts took place that day. | 他们两人的特性在那一天发生了对换 |
[02:46] | That the soul of a dying gunfighter | 一个病入膏肓的枪战高手的灵魂 |
[02:49] | somehow slipped into the body of an injured railroad worker. | 以某种方式潜入了 一个受伤铁路工人的身体中 |
[02:53] | Coincidence? We may never know. | 难道是巧合? 也许永远没有答案 |
[02:57] | Unlikely? Yes. | 是真的么? 是的 |
[02:59] | Impossible? You be the judge. | 不可能么? 全凭你自己判断 |
[03:02] | A man by the name of Robert L. Ripley, after all, | 总之 Robert L. Ripley |
[03:05] | would challenge you to Believe it or Not! | 会告诉你 相信与否 全凭你心! |
[03:15] | Bad dream? | 做噩梦? |
[03:16] | Bad rerun. | 又来了 |
[03:19] | It was weird; I dreamt about an old TV show. | 很奇怪 我梦到了一个旧的电视节目 |
[03:23] | Hmm? You mean no one’s in danger? | 嗯? 你是说没人身陷险境? |
[03:26] | You don’t have to call anyone? | 你不用打电话给谁? |
[03:28] | We can just go back to sleep? | 我们可以继续睡觉了? |
[03:32] | Oh, I don’t believe it. | 太好了 |
[04:11] | medium s05ep01 | |
[05:03] | Allison, you’re here. Good. | Allison 你在这儿 太好了 |
[05:06] | Once you’re settled, | 安顿之后 |
[05:06] | would you join me and Lee for a meeting in the conference room, please? | 能不能来会议室跟我和Lee开个会? |
[05:09] | With him? | 跟他? |
[05:12] | With them. | 是跟他们 |
[05:15] | Lee, Allison, this is Joel Tiernan. | 这是Joel Tiernan |
[05:18] | And sitting beside him is my old friend, his wife, Gabrielle. | 他身边的是我的老朋友 他的太太 Gabrielle |
[05:22] | Six months ago, | 6个月前 |
[05:23] | Gabrielle’s sister, Robin, was found murdered | Gabrielle的姐姐 在她租的… |
[05:25] | in a cottage she’d rented on Saguaro Lake. | Saguaro湖边的小屋里 被谋杀了 |
[05:29] | There were no witnesses and as of now, | 没有目击证人 而且到目前为止 |
[05:32] | no suspects. | 也没有嫌疑犯 |
[05:34] | This all took place during the time | 这件事是在检察官Van Dyke |
[05:36] | when District Attorney Van Dyke was running this office. | 主管这间办公室期间发生的 |
[05:38] | His people worked the case but, uh, but never solved it. | 他手下的人接下了这单案子 但并没有侦破 |
[05:42] | I believe it was, | 我想 是在8月16号那天 |
[05:44] | um, August 16th when I first realized | 我才第一次意识到 |
[05:47] | that the Phoenix Police Department had given up | 凤凰城警方已经放弃… |
[05:50] | on trying to find my sister’s killer. | 寻找杀害我姐姐的凶手了 |
[05:53] | I had called District Attorney Van Dyke for an update, | 我打电话给检察官Van Dyke 询问最新的进展 |
[05:56] | and, um, he told me there were no new developments in the case. | 而他告诉我这案子没有任何新进展 |
[06:01] | When I asked him when I might expect any new developments, | 当我问他 何时会再有进展时 |
[06:05] | he was kind enough to explain to me | 他非常客套地告诉我 |
[06:07] | that good police work depends on good leads | 警方的工作情况取决于好的线索 |
[06:10] | and since there were no new leads in the case… | 而这单案件中并无 有价值的线索… |
[06:16] | Six months ago, | 6个月前 |
[06:16] | there was nothing I could do about that. | 对于这件事我无能为力 |
[06:19] | Now I can. | 可是现在可以了 |
[06:21] | That’s why I’m putting my two best people on it. | 因此我选了两个最合适的人负责此案 |
[06:28] | I’m going to tell her everything. | 我得把一切都告诉她 |
[06:31] | What did you just say? | 你刚才说什么? |
[06:32] | You heard me. | 你明明听到了 |
[06:35] | I’m going to tell her everything. | 我要把一切都告诉她 |
[06:48] | I think I saw his face. | 我想我看到他的脸了 |
[06:50] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[06:51] | The killer, I think I saw his face. | 那个凶手 我看到他的脸了 |
[06:54] | Maybe if you put me together with a sketch artist, | 或许该安排我见见画像专家 |
[06:56] | we might have something for you to work with this afternoon. | 或许下午我们就能给你新发现了 |
[07:00] | ??? | 嗨 宝贝儿 学校开心么? |
[07:07] | Hmm, why the long face? | 嗯 怎么一张苦瓜脸? |
[07:09] | I sort of got in trouble in art class. | 我在美术课上惹了些麻烦 |
[07:12] | Oh, yeah? What happened? | 是么? 怎么了? |
[07:15] | I kind of drew a funny picture of my teacher, Mr. Enright. | 我给老师Enright先生 画了张搞笑图画 |
[07:20] | Uh-oh. Did you apologize? | 你说对不起了没? |
[07:22] | Well, yeah but he wants you and Mom | 说了 可是他要你和妈妈… |
[07:25] | to look at the picture anyways and sign it | …看过这些图片并签名 |
[07:29] | – so he knows you saw it. – Okay. | – 这样他就知道你们确实看过了 – 好吧 |
[07:38] | Bridgette, you drew this? | Bridgette 这是你画的? |
[07:39] | That man is naked. | 那个人没穿衣服 |
[07:42] | He sure is. | 确实如此 |
[07:45] | This is the man you believe murdered Robin Aaronson? | 你认为是这个人杀了Robin Aaronson? |
[07:48] | I think it’s a pretty good likeness. | 我认为他和我看到的凶手非常相像 |
[08:01] | Tell me, is this the man you saw? | 告诉我 你看到的是这个人么? |
[08:05] | Yes. Absolutely. | 是的 就是他 |
[08:07] | You know this man? | 你认识他? |
[08:08] | I knew him. | 没错 |
[08:10] | He was Gabrielle’s first husband, Nathan. | 他是Gabrielle的第一任丈夫 Nathan |
[08:12] | He was a very successful novelist, | 是个很成功的小说家 |
[08:13] | and when he died, | 他死后 |
[08:15] | he left Gabrielle a very wealthy woman. | 留给Gabrielle一笔很大的遗产 |
[08:18] | He’s dead? | 他死了? |
[08:20] | He was killed in a car crash two years ago, | 两年前他在一场车祸中丧失 |
[08:21] | driving home from a writers’ retreat. | 从一作家的休养所开车回家的途中 |
[08:23] | Struck head-on by another vehicle, a stolen vehicle. | 跟一辆赃车迎头相撞 |
[08:27] | By the time the accident site was discovered, | 等到事故被人发现的时候 |
[08:29] | the other driver, the car thief, had disappeared. | 另一辆车的司机 也就是偷车贼 已经跑了 |
[08:31] | Skulked off into the night. | 消失在夜色里 |
[08:33] | We never managed to identify him. | 我们一直没有找到那个人 |
[08:36] | I’m sorry, Allison. I don’t know what you think you saw, | 抱歉 Allison 我不知道你究竟看到了什么 |
[08:38] | but Nathan’s been dead for two years now. | 但是Nathan已经死了两年了 |
[08:41] | It seems unlikely that he killed Gabrielle’s sister 6 months ago. | 他不可能在6个月前杀了Gabrielle的姐姐 |
[08:46] | Hey, look on the bright side. | 嗨 想开点 |
[08:47] | At least this woman wasn’t in the room | 至少那女人没听到… |
[08:49] | when you accused her dead husband of murdering her sister. | 你指控她的亡夫杀害了她姐姐 |
[08:52] | Would you put that thing away already? | 你还在看这些画呢? |
[08:54] | I’m sorry. It’s just so… | 对不起 只是… |
[08:57] | Accurate? | 太真实了? |
[08:59] | Yeah, I mean I know we’ve had the talk with Bridgette, | 是啊 虽然我们已经跟Bridgette谈过了 |
[09:03] | and I know she’s seen all this stuff in science class, | 而且她在科学课上 想必也见过这些东西 |
[09:05] | but I mean, it’s just… | 但 我是说… |
[09:07] | But what? | 但是什么? |
[09:08] | You’re acting like you never drew a picture of a naked person before. | 你这样子就好像自己过去从来没画过裸体画似的 |
[09:12] | Yeah, I’m sure that I scribbled the occasional “bazoom” in my notebook, | 好吧 我承认我也曾经在笔记本上 偶尔涂鸦过女人的胸部 |
[09:15] | but I mean, nothing like this. | 可是 跟这个完全不同 |
[09:19] | What? A young boy’s fascination with “bazooms” is okay? | 怎么? 州官可以放火 |
[09:21] | But a young girl’s curiosity about that, isn’t? | 百姓就不能点灯? |
[09:25] | I’m just going to turn off the light now. | 我现在马上去关灯 |
[09:28] | Yeah, you do that. | 对啊 就该这样 |
[10:15] | So, you’re telling me Joel Tiernan did this? | 你是说 这是Joel Tiernan干的? |
[10:18] | Joel Tiernan, Gabrielle Tiernan’s current husband, | Gabrielle Tiernan的现任丈夫 |
[10:21] | is, in fact, the hit-and-run driver | 事实上 就是那个肇事逃逸的司机 |
[10:22] | who killed her first husband, Nathan Cafferty? | 杀了她第一任丈夫Nathan Cafferty的凶手? |
[10:27] | That is one very forgiving lady. | 这位女士可真宽容 |
[10:29] | Well, obviously, I don’t think she knows. | 显然 我认为她根本不知道 |
[10:32] | Obviously. | 显然 |
[10:33] | Look, I know how this sounds, Lee, | 我知道这听起来很荒谬 Lee |
[10:35] | but I dreamt about it last night. | 可我昨晚确实梦到了 |
[10:38] | Joel Tiernan was the other driver in that accident. | Joel Tiernan就是那起事故中的另一个司机 |
[10:40] | I think that’s how he got that big scar on his forehead. | 我认为 他额头上的大疤痕就是在事故中弄的 |
[10:45] | What?! | 怎么了?! |
[10:46] | I’m sorry, it’s just Manny puts us on one cold case, | 抱歉 Manny让我们俩查旧案子 |
[10:48] | and you start dreaming about another that’s even colder. | 而你却梦到了一单更旧的案子 |
[10:51] | Maybe tonight you’ll see who took the Lindbergh baby. | 也许今晚你还会梦到 谁绑架了Lindbergh的婴儿 |
[10:53] | What if I’m right? | 如果我是对的呢? |
[10:53] | What if Joel Tiernan is responsible for this? | 如果Joel Tiernan确实是凶手呢? |
[10:58] | If you’re sure about what you saw, | 若你对自己的所见深信不疑 |
[11:00] | and when I say “sure,” | 当我说”没问题”的时候 |
[11:01] | I’m talking in the neighborhood of 100 percent… | 我会以百分百的信心 去问询邻近地区的居民… |
[11:05] | then I’ll bring the guy in for questioning. | 然后 我会把那个人带来审问 |
[11:07] | Ask him to account for his where abouts at the time of the wreck. | 问他事故发生的时候 他人在哪里 |
[11:09] | But if you’re not… | 可如果你并不确定… |
[11:12] | Remember, these are Manny’s friends. | 别忘了 这些都是Manny的朋友 |
[11:13] | At least the wife is. | 至少那个妻子是 |
[11:16] | I got to tell you, if you’re right about this Tiernan guy, | 我得告诉你 如果Tiernan 确实是我们要找的人 |
[11:17] | Gabrielle sure can pick them. | 毫无疑问Gabrielle可以抓他们 |
[11:19] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你那是什么意思? |
[11:21] | I interviewed a few of the dead sister’s friends yesterday. | 昨天 我问了去世姐姐的几个朋友 |
[11:24] | One of them told me about a little accident Robin had in ’06. | 其中一个人告诉我 Robin在06年发生过一次小意外 |
[11:27] | She claimed she’d fallen, | 她说是自己摔伤的 |
[11:28] | but the friend spotted some bruising around her neck. | 可是她朋友发现她的脖子上有瘀伤 |
[11:30] | Got the feeling she may have been covering for someone. | 觉得她也许是在袒护谁 |
[11:34] | An abusive boyfriend, maybe. | 可能是个虐待狂的男朋友 |
[11:37] | Turns out she was. | 看来她确实如此 |
[11:40] | And his name was Nathan Cafferty. | 而那个男朋友就是Nathan Cafferty |
[11:44] | Wait a second, she was having an affair with her sister’s husband? | 慢着 她和她妹妹的丈夫有染? |
[11:47] | For about a year until Nathan decided | 情况持续了一年 直到Nathan认定 |
[11:48] | he was still in love with Gabrielle. | 他还是爱着Gabrielle |
[11:51] | According to the friend, Robin didn’t take it well. | 据她朋友所说 Robin并没有坦然接受 |
[11:53] | Threatened to tell her sister. | 还威胁说要告诉她妹妹 |
[11:56] | Nathan got physical. | 于是Nathan采用了暴力 |
[11:57] | Grabbed Robin by the neck, threw her up against the wall. | 扼住Robin的脖子 把她扔在墙上 |
[12:03] | It happened in the same cabin she died in. | 这些就发生在她死去的小屋里 |
[12:06] | I saw it, Lee. I saw it yesterday. | 我看到了 Lee 昨天我看到这些了 |
[12:08] | I just didn’t understand. So, so, wait… | 我只是不太明白 等等… |
[12:11] | So, if Robin was having an affair with Nathan, | 所以 如果Robin和Nathan之间有染 |
[12:13] | shouldn’t we bring in Gabrielle for questioning? | 我们是否该带Gabrielle来审问? |
[12:15] | She’s the one with the motive. | 她有杀人动机 |
[12:17] | If she knew her sister was getting it on with her husband, sure. | 当然 如果她知道姐姐 跟自己的丈夫有一腿的话 |
[12:19] | But according to the friend, | 可是据那个朋友所说 |
[12:21] | she never found out. | 她完全没发现 |
[12:23] | Besides, I did some checking. | 还有 我做了一些调查 |
[12:24] | There are all kinds of photos of her at some charity event in Flagstaff | 发现了一些她在谋杀当晚 出席Flagstaff的慈善活动 |
[12:27] | till the wee hours on the night of the murder. | 且一直持续到凌晨才离开的照片 |
[12:30] | Plus, she’s the one that came to us for help, remember? | 而且 她是主动来找我们帮忙的 记得么? |
[12:32] | It wouldn’t make much sense to reheat a case that’d gone cold | 如果她就是凶手 那么干嘛要来找我们 |
[12:36] | if, uh, if you were the killer, now, would it? | 重翻旧案呢? 道理上说不通 |
[12:39] | Hey, it’s me. | 嗨 是我 |
[12:40] | Um, hey, listen. I just got a call from Bridgette’s school. | 我刚接到Bridgette学校打来的电话 |
[12:43] | They want us to come in today at 3:00 to meet with, | 校方让我们今天3点过去 |
[12:45] | uh, her art teacher and a school counselor. | 跟她的美术老师和学校顾问见面 |
[12:48] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[12:49] | I teach art, Mr. and Mrs. Dubois. | Dubois夫妇 我是美术老师 |
[12:51] | I’m not a prudish man, | 我不是一个封建守旧的人 |
[12:52] | and if I were teaching a life drawing class to a group of college students, | 如果我是给大学生教人体素描的话 |
[12:57] | I might be inclined to laugh this off. | 也许对这件事我就一笑置之了 |
[12:58] | But the fact is, | 可事实上 |
[13:01] | Bridgette is a ten-year-old in a fourth grade art class. | Bridgette是个10岁大的四年级小孩 |
[13:04] | And this is the second time in two days | 而这是她两天里第二次 |
[13:06] | she’s drawn a vivid portrait of me– her teacher. | 把她的老师 我 画得如此生动了 |
[13:10] | I don’t know what to say, Mr. Enright. | 我不知道该说什么 Enright先生 |
[13:12] | This obviously is inappropriate, | 这确实有失礼节 |
[13:15] | – and we’re very sorry. – Yeah. | – 我们非常抱歉 – 是的 |
[13:17] | I appreciate that. And please understand, | 谢谢 也希望你们理解 |
[13:19] | Bridgette is one of the most imaginative students | Bridgette是我有幸教过的 |
[13:20] | I’ve ever had the pleasure to teach. | 最具想象力的学生之一 |
[13:22] | I adore having her in the class, | 我很乐意给她上课 |
[13:24] | but I’d be lying | 可我也不得不说 |
[13:25] | if I said the last couple of days haven’t been disturbing to me. | 过去的这几天她确实让我很困扰 |
[13:29] | So, that’s why I asked Mrs. Tharp to sit in with us. | 所以 我把Tharp夫人也叫来 跟我们一起商讨 |
[13:32] | Mr. Enright and I thought that | Enright先生和我认为 |
[13:34] | perhaps Bridgette could use the benefit of a few sessions with me. | 或许Bridgette跟我谈谈会比较好一些 |
[13:38] | You think that Bridgette needs to see a psychologist? | 你认为Bridgette需要看心理医生? |
[13:41] | Because of this? | 就因为这个? |
[13:42] | The drawings are rather graphic. | 这些画作很生动 |
[13:44] | We just wanted to find out | 我们只是想知道 |
[13:45] | where Bridgette got the impulse to make them. | Bridgette从何处得来这样的灵感 |
[13:48] | To see if she’s been exposed to anything | 看看是不是身边的什么事情 |
[13:50] | that could have caused this preoccupation with the naked form. | 导致她对裸体画如此感兴趣 |
[13:54] | Oh, wait a second. She hasn’t been exposed to anything, | 噢 等等 她身边没有发生任何过分的事情 |
[13:57] | and this is not a preoccupation. | 而且这也不能叫做感兴趣 |
[13:58] | It’s just a kid using her imagination. | 只是一个小孩 发挥了自己的想象力而已 |
[14:02] | I mean, Bridgette needs a lesson in what’s appropriate and what isn’t. | 我是说 Bridgette需要有人教导她 什么事情该做 什么事情不该做 |
[14:05] | She doesn’t need, she doesn’t need to go to therapy. | 但是她根本没必要接受心理治疗 |
[14:07] | With all due respect, | 我不是有意冒犯 |
[14:09] | you’re not the subject of the drawings, Mr. Dubois. | 可你并不是她作品的主人公 Dubois先生 |
[14:11] | – I am. – Yeah, but… | – 我才是 – 对 可是… |
[14:12] | I’m not sure I agree with your assessment. | 我不太同意你的想法 |
[14:14] | Well, I’m not sure that you know my daughter | 我也不认为你跟我一样 |
[14:15] | as well as you think you do, Mr. Enright. | 那么了解我女儿 Enright先生 |
[14:17] | Mrs. Tharp, | Tharp女士 |
[14:19] | we do appreciate your offer, | 我们很感激你的建议 |
[14:20] | I think we’re going to speak with Bridgette ourselves | 但是在接受你的建议前 |
[14:22] | before we take you up on that. | 我们该先跟Bridgette谈谈 |
[14:25] | Mr. Enright, I am sorry for any kind of discomfort | Enright先生 对于我们女儿给你造成的 |
[14:29] | or embarrassment that our daughter may have caused you. | 任何不安和尴尬 我们深感歉意 |
[14:33] | We will make sure we speak with Bridgette and let her know | 我们保证会跟Bridgette谈谈 |
[14:35] | that these kinds of drawings in school are not appropriate. | 让她知道在学校画这样的画是不应该的 |
[14:38] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[14:41] | And I promise you this will never happen again. | 我保证 这样的事情不会再发生了 |
[14:50] | Hi, kiddo. How you doing? | 宝贝儿 你怎么样? |
[14:51] | Okay. | 还好 |
[14:54] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:55] | Hey, it’s okay, sweetie. We’re not mad at you. | 没关系 宝贝儿 我们没生你的气 |
[14:59] | But you need to stop drawing pictures of your teacher. | 可你不能再给老师画像了 |
[15:01] | It’s making him uncomfortable. | 这令他很不爽 |
[15:03] | Well, I didn’t want to draw another picture of Mr. Enright. | 可我也不想再画另一幅Enright先生 |
[15:07] | I just felt like I had to. | 我只是觉得自己好像非得画不可 |
[15:10] | What do you mean, you had to? | 什么叫非画不可? |
[15:12] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[15:13] | When I close my eyes, I see him in my head. | 当我闭上眼睛 脑子里面就有他的样子 |
[15:17] | And I just know that I have to put it down on paper. | 我只是知道 必须得把他画出来 |
[15:22] | Maybe Bridgette’s not the problem here. | 也许这不是Bridgette的问题 |
[15:24] | Maybe it’s that teacher that we should be worried about. | 或许我们真正该担心的是那个老师 |
[15:26] | So, what are you saying? This is Mr. Enright’s fault? | 你在说什么啊? 是Enright先生的错? |
[15:29] | Well, I don’t know. | 我也不确定 |
[15:30] | All I know is that she goes in his class, | 我只知道 她去上他的课 |
[15:31] | and then she feels like she has to draw him without his clothes on. | 然后就觉得不得不画他的裸体像 |
[15:34] | Why? Huh? What’s going on in this guy’s head? | 为什么? 这家伙的脑袋里面在想什么? |
[15:37] | What kind of, I don’t know, | 是不是 |
[15:37] | energy is Bridgette picking up on? | 他令Bridgette产生了什么奇怪的想象? |
[15:39] | What are you saying? | 你胡说什么啊? |
[15:40] | Mr. Enright’s putting in some kind of “naked energy”? | Enright先生有令她产生”裸体想象”的能量? |
[15:43] | I don’t know but I think that we should talk to somebody at the school, | 不知道 可我觉得 我们该跟学校里的什么人说说 |
[15:45] | and we should get her transferred to another class. | 并让她转去别的班 |
[15:47] | Whoa, okay, good luck with that conversation. | 喔 祝你好运吧 说出这样的话 |
[15:50] | You’d better make sure that you have your facts straight. | 你最好有直接的确实证据 |
[15:52] | If you’re going to accuse somebody of putting out a “naked vibe,” | 如果你想说明某人具有”裸体魅力” |
[15:56] | just make sure you have all your ducks in a row. | 先保证你的道理能说明白 |
[15:58] | I don’t understand how you can just dismiss this. | 我不明白你怎么可以忽视这些 |
[16:00] | I’m not. It’ll pass, Joe. | 我没有 这些会过去的 Joe |
[16:02] | I asked Bridgette specifically, | 我明白地问过Bridgette |
[16:04] | “Did anything inappropriate happen?” | “有没有发生 任何不该发生的事情?” |
[16:06] | “Anything at all that made you feel uncomfortable?” | “任何让你觉得不舒服的事情?” |
[16:08] | She said no. It’ll pass. | 她说了没有 会过去的 |
[16:10] | Whatever it is that’s making her want to draw these pictures, | 无论是什么令她画了那些画 |
[16:14] | it’ll pass. | 都会过去的 |
[16:16] | If we make a huge thing of this, | 如果我们小题大做 |
[16:18] | we’re just going to make Bridgette more confused than she already is. | 只会让Bridgette比现在更加困惑 |
[16:22] | Hello? | 喂? |
[16:23] | All right, you got me thinking. | 好吧 你说服我了 |
[16:25] | I just took a look at our files on Nathan Cafferty’s accident. | 我刚刚看了Nathan Cafferty的车祸记录 |
[16:28] | Unfortunately, it turns out the city destroyed both | 可惜的是 这两辆车在一年前都被销毁了 |
[16:30] | – cars about a year ago. – Scanlon. | 是Scanlon |
[16:32] | It’s not like we’re going to find any DNA | 我们已经无法找到DNA |
[16:33] | to help us figure out who was driving that other car. | 去确定另一辆车的司机了 |
[16:35] | But I did find one interesting thing. | 不过 我发现了一个有趣的事情 |
[16:39] | Turns out our friend Joel has a record. | 我们的朋友Joel有过前科 |
[16:41] | Arrested in ’02 for car theft, | 在02年因盗窃车辆被捕 |
[16:42] | and again in ’04 for check-kiting. | 04年又因签署空头支票被捕 |
[16:45] | Although how that proves he killed Nathan Cafferty, | 虽然我不知道这些前科… |
[16:46] | I have no idea. | …能否证明是他杀了Nathan Cafferty |
[16:48] | Well, what about the papers? | 那些纸呢? |
[16:49] | Maybe you should check the papers. | 也许你该去查查那些纸 |
[16:51] | What papers? | 什么纸? |
[16:52] | The papers from the accident scene. They were everywhere. | 车祸现场的纸 到处都是 |
[16:55] | There were hundreds of them. I saw Joel touch one of them. | 有好几百张呢 我看见Joel拿了其中一张 |
[16:58] | If they’re in the evidence locker, | 如果这些纸在证据库里 |
[16:59] | maybe we should check them for fingerprints. | 也许我们能通过它们查到指纹 |
[17:01] | Allison, I’m looking at the report right here, | Allison 我现在就在看报告 |
[17:03] | and there’s no mention of any papers. | 里面没有提到任何纸 |
[17:04] | It’s just two cars and one dead body. | 只有两部车 一具尸体 |
[17:07] | You know what I think your problem is? | 你知道我认为你的问题是什么么? |
[17:08] | You’re focusing on the wrong case. | 你没有查对案子 |
[17:11] | Our boss asked us to help solve the murder of his friend’s sister, | 老板让我们帮忙侦破 他朋友的姐姐的谋杀案 |
[17:13] | and instead, you’re running around trying to prove | 可是你却在忙着证明 |
[17:14] | that her husband committed vehicular manslaughter. | 她丈夫犯下了交通过失杀人 |
[17:16] | Maybe you should just stick to the case at hand. | 或许你应该关注手头的案子 |
[17:19] | Just a suggestion. | 一个建议而已 |
[17:21] | Tell me about the first time we made love. | 说说我们第一次做爱的场景 |
[17:24] | We were staying at your parents’ house. | 我们在你父母的家里 |
[17:27] | You snuck into the guest room to join me. | 你偷偷来到客房找我 |
[17:31] | You were worried about getting caught. | 你担心会被抓到 |
[17:34] | But then you fell asleep in my arms. | 可是后来你在我的怀抱中睡着了 |
[17:37] | Your mom woke us up in the morning | 早晨你妈妈叫醒了我们 |
[17:40] | but she didn’t seem that mad. | 可她看起来并不怎么生气 |
[17:48] | How did we celebrate when you sold your first novel? | 你第一本小说卖出去后 我们怎么庆祝的? |
[17:51] | We booked a Presidential Suite at a resort we couldn’t afford, | 在一个度假地订了一间 我们根本负担不起的总统套房 |
[17:56] | and we ordered room service all weekend. | 然后整个周末都叫了房间服务 |
[18:03] | I was, uh… | 当时我… |
[18:06] | I had a difficult year. | 那一年对我来说非常艰难 |
[18:07] | I was, I was going through something. | 我…我经历了一些波折 |
[18:10] | The miscarriage. | 流产 |
[18:13] | You were almost three months along. | 你怀孕已近三个月 |
[18:14] | No one knew but us. | 除了我们没有别人知道 |
[18:17] | We were just about to share the good news with our parents. | 我们正准备与父母分享好消息 |
[18:21] | We even had names picked out. | 甚至我们都起好了名字 |
[18:23] | Courtney if it was a girl. | 如果是个女孩就叫Courtney |
[18:26] | Peter if it was a boy. | 是个男孩的话就叫Peter |
[18:32] | When you called me, I just… | 当你打电话给我时 我… |
[18:37] | I just couldn’t believe | 我真的无法相信 |
[18:38] | that anything you were saying could be true, | 你说的事情会是真的 |
[18:42] | that there was any chance that you could be who you said you were, | 你会是你所描述的那种人 |
[18:44] | that there was any possibility that… | 我们还有机会… |
[18:50] | – we could be together again. – It’s me, Gabby. | – 可以重新在一起 – 是我 Gabby |
[18:53] | It’s Nathan. | 是Nathan |
[18:54] | I’ve come back to you and I promise, | 我回到你身边了 而且我保证 |
[18:57] | ???? | 我再也不会离开你 |
[19:07] | Mrs. Dubois. | Dubois太太 |
[19:08] | Hi, I’m sorry. I know it’s early, | 嗨 很抱歉 这么早打扰你 |
[19:09] | I know I didn’t call first. | 我也没有提前打电话来 |
[19:11] | No, no, it’s fine. | 不 不 没关系 |
[19:12] | What’s, uh, what’s on your mind? | 呃…你有什么事? |
[19:16] | The night before I met you, | 见到你的前一个晚上 |
[19:17] | I had a dream that, that I couldn’t understand. | 我做了一个梦 一个我无法理解的梦 |
[19:21] | It was about a man who died a long time ago. | 是关于很久前死去的一个人 |
[19:24] | Only instead of his soul crossing over, | 他的灵魂并没有消失 |
[19:26] | it… it made its way into this other man. | 而是…进入另一个人身上了 |
[19:33] | Well, I guess that’s why I’m here. | 所以我来找你 |
[19:37] | The more I come to learn about your family, | 我对你的家庭了解得越多 |
[19:39] | the more sense this dream starts to make. | 这个梦的意义就越发清晰 |
[19:44] | After Nathan’s accident, | 在Nathan的车祸之后 |
[19:45] | there were days I didn’t know how I’d carry on, | 有一段时间我不知道 自己该怎么过下去 |
[19:48] | or if I even could carry on. | 或是自己能否继续下去 |
[19:52] | But then, just when I was ready to give up… | 可是那时 就在我准备要放弃的时候… |
[19:55] | Joel Tiernan appeared? | Joel Tiernan出现了? |
[19:57] | Imagine losing the love of your life, | 想像一下失去了生命中的挚爱 |
[19:57] | Imagine losing the love of your life, | 想像一下失去了生命中的挚爱 |
[20:00] | but then before you’d even begun to start mourning the loss, | 可是就在你还没来得及伤感之前 |
[20:00] | but then before you’d even begun to start mourning the loss, getting him back. | 可是就在你还没来得及伤感之前 |
[20:03] | getting him back. | 他又失而复得了 |
[20:05] | Being spared the lifetime it would’ve taken to get over that loss. It was, uh, | 无需再用一生的时间 去抚平这一伤痕 这… |
[20:11] | it was a miracle. | 简直是个奇迹 |
[20:12] | Nothing short of a miracle. | 太不可思议了 |
[20:14] | Surely you, of all people, can appreciate that. | 我想你们会理解 |
[20:17] | Did Nathan ever talk to you about what happened the night of the accident? | Nathan有没有和你谈到过 车祸当晚的事情 |
[20:21] | Did he ever tell you how exactly he might have crossed paths with Joel Tiernan? | 他是怎么和Joel Tiernan撞上的 |
[20:25] | No, no. All he remembers was the screeching of tires. | 没有 他只记得刺耳的轮胎摩擦声 |
[20:30] | Nothing after that. | 之后就什么都不记得了 |
[20:32] | And in regards to Joel Tiernan, neither one of us remembered ever meeting him. | 说到Joel Tiernan 之前我们谁都不认识他 |
[20:37] | We tried to investigate his life after the switch, | 在灵魂调换后我们试图 调查过他的生平 |
[20:40] | but as it turned out, | 但是 |
[20:41] | there wasn’t much of a life to investigate. | 什么也查不到 |
[20:43] | No family, | 没有家人 |
[20:45] | no friends to notice Joel behaving differently. | 也没有朋友来察觉 Joel举止的不对之处 |
[20:49] | I can only imagine what a comfort it must’ve been to have your husband, | 我可以想象 听到Robin死讯时 有你的丈夫… |
[20:52] | your real husband, by your side when you got the news of Robin’s death. | 你真正的丈夫在你身边 是一种莫大的安慰 |
[20:57] | Actually, I was, uh, I was by myself when I got the news. | 事实上 我得到这个消息的时候是自己一个人 |
[21:00] | I’d gone to an event that night. | 那晚我去参加一个活动 |
[21:02] | Joel couldn’t go and so we didn’t see each other until much later… | Joel没法去 所以我们晚些时候才见到对方 |
[21:08] | but it-it was, it was difficult for Joel, too. | 对于Joel来说 这也很痛苦 |
[21:11] | I think he loved her as much as I did. | 他像我一样爱她 |
[21:14] | Bridge! I heard a rumor you weren’t dressed yet. | Bridge!我听说你还没穿好衣服 |
[21:17] | Just leave me alone! | 别管我! |
[21:19] | Come on, come on. It’s getting late. | 行了 行了 快迟到啦 |
[21:23] | I’m sorry, Daddy. | 对不起 爸爸 |
[21:26] | What are you sorry about, honey? What’s the matter? | 为什么道歉 亲爱的 发生什么事情了 |
[21:28] | I know I wasn’t supposed to… | 我知道我不应该这么做… |
[21:32] | but I couldn’t stop. | 可我停不下来 |
[21:43] | Joel Tiernan is Nathan Cafferty That’s what you’re telling me? | Joel Tiernan就是Nathan Cafferty 你要跟我说的就是这个? |
[21:46] | I know how this sounds. | 我知道听起来很古怪 |
[21:48] | No, I don’t think you do. | 我不认为你知道 |
[21:49] | It sounds insane, Allison. | Allison 这听起来很荒谬 |
[21:51] | You are telling me that the essence of my friend’s dead husband | 你是说我朋友死去的丈夫的灵魂 |
[21:54] | somehow found its way into the body of that man, Joel Tiernan, | 不知怎么进入了Joel Tiernan的身体 |
[21:57] | and that therefore, we should question Joel Tiernan for the, | 所以我们要就Gabrielle妹妹被杀一事 |
[22:00] | for the murder of Gabrielle’s sister…? | 去讯问Joel Tiernan? |
[22:02] | They were having an affair. She threatened to tell. | 他们之间有染 她威胁要说出来 |
[22:04] | Who was she having an affair with? On whom was she threatening to tell? | 她跟谁有染? 她威胁要跟谁说? |
[22:06] | They’re one and the same. | 他们是一体的 |
[22:08] | Right, and I think that’s a pretty tough sell to a jury. | 没错 并且我认为 这在陪审团面前压根站不住脚 |
[22:10] | Sir, I am telling you, | 长官 我跟你说 |
[22:12] | Joel Tiernan was driving the car that killed Nathan Cafferty that night. | 那晚就是Joel Tiernan 驾车撞死了Nathan Cafferty |
[22:16] | Joel and Nathan were within yards of each other | Joel和Nathan两人近在咫尺 |
[22:18] | when Nathan’s soul left his body, | 当Nathan的灵魂出窍的时候 |
[22:20] | but instead of going wherever it was supposed to go… | 他的魂魄没有去该去的地方 |
[22:23] | It did what? It… just made its way | 然后呢? |
[22:24] | to the nearest warm body and took up residence. | 占据了身边最近的一个人的身体 |
[22:26] | Is that really what you think? | 你当真这么以为? |
[22:27] | I know that’s what his wife thinks. | 我知道那个妻子是这么以为的 |
[22:33] | Sir, please, can’t we just bring him in here | 先生 难道我们不能把他带到这里 |
[22:35] | and ask him where he was the night his sister-in-law died? | 问他 当他小姨子死的时候 他自己身在何处? |
[22:39] | What do you mean, no one asked him that? | 你什么意思 没人问过? |
[22:41] | No one has asked him anything. | 没有人问过 |
[22:43] | No one thought it mattered. | 没人认为有什么关系 |
[22:47] | In the past 24 hours, a theory of evidence has emerged. | 在过去的24小时里 我们有了由证据得出的一项推论 |
[22:50] | It’s unconventional, to be sure, but I was just curious | 当然正式来说还无法肯定 不过我颇为好奇 |
[22:53] | as to whether you might have a point of view about it. | 也许你的观点能给我们些帮助 |
[22:56] | Mrs. Tiernan, Gabrielle, | Tiernan夫人 即Gabirelle |
[22:59] | recently spoke with Mrs. Dubois here and… | 最近跟Dubois女士分享了… |
[23:01] | shared some very interesting things about the nature of you and your wife’s… | 一些有趣的事情 有关你和你太太之间的 |
[23:06] | mutual attraction. | 相互吸引 |
[23:14] | My wife… | 我妻子… |
[23:15] | My wife is very spiritual. | 我妻子很迷信 |
[23:18] | Uh… | 呃… |
[23:19] | She has some rather romantic ideas about life and death. | 她对生死有着十分浪漫的观点 |
[23:24] | You know, I’m not sure she’s… | 我不是很确定她是否… |
[23:27] | entirely over the loss of her first husband. | 已从前夫之死的悲痛中解脱 |
[23:30] | I suppose, inevitably, appearance aside, uh… | 我想 不考虑长相 |
[23:33] | I have some things, some traits in common with Nathan, | 我和Nathan应该是有相似之处 |
[23:36] | and I’m sure Gabrielle… | 我相信Gabrielle… |
[23:38] | interprets those similarities, | 用了浪漫之心 |
[23:41] | well, with a… | 浪漫之情 |
[23:42] | a romantic’s heart, | 来解释… |
[23:44] | a romantic’s sensibility. | 这些相似点 |
[23:47] | I hope you don’t think too badly of her. | 我希望你们不要因此对她有误解 |
[23:50] | It’s one of the reasons I love her so. | 这也是我爱她的原因之一 |
[23:56] | Anything else? | 还有其他事情吗? |
[23:57] | There is one more thing. | 还有件事 |
[24:00] | Do you happen to remember where you were the night that Robin was murdered? | 你记不记得Robin被杀那晚你在哪 |
[24:03] | Of course. Um, at home. | 当然记得 在家里 |
[24:06] | In bed sick. | 卧病在床 |
[24:09] | Gabrielle had this, uh… | Gabrielle有个慈善晚会 |
[24:10] | charity thing, really wanted me to go with her | 想让我和她一起去 |
[24:13] | and meet some of her friends, | 见见她的朋友们 |
[24:14] | but I just couldn’t get out of bed. | 但是我病的太厉害了 没法起床 |
[24:17] | Then she got that horrible news… | 之后她听到了那个可怕的消息 |
[24:19] | and we weren’t even together, | 当时我不在她身边 |
[24:22] | and, I mean, we’re always together. | 我们总是在一起的 |
[24:25] | Was anyone else home that night? | 那天晚上家里还有人吗? |
[24:27] | A cook, a maid? | 厨师 或者女佣? |
[24:31] | Would that be a “no”? | 没有吗 |
[24:33] | Yes, that’s a “no.” | 是的 没有 |
[24:37] | Are you heading where I think you’re heading? | 你们真如我现在想的那样吗? |
[24:39] | I barely knew Robin. | 我几乎不认识Robin |
[24:40] | I just barely married her sister. | 我才刚娶她的妹妹 |
[24:42] | Why in the world would I want to do her any harm? | 为什么我会想要去伤害她 |
[24:45] | On the morning after Robin was murdered, | 在Robin被杀的第二天上午 |
[24:47] | the police found a… a spot of blood | 警方在现场发现少量血迹 |
[24:50] | at the crime scene that wasn’t hers. | 不属于她的 |
[24:52] | Yes, I know. It was in all the papers. So? | 我知道啊 都在报告上写了 所以呢? |
[24:55] | So we were wondering if you’d mind giving us a blood sample. | 所以我们希望你能提供一份血液样本 |
[24:59] | It would enable us to rule you out, Mr. Tiernan. | 以助我们排除你的嫌疑 Tiernan先生 |
[25:03] | Actually, I’m embarrassed that this wasn’t attended to earlier. | 实际上 我对未能及早提出这一要求感到难堪 |
[25:06] | It’s a simple request | 只是个简单的请求 |
[25:08] | and I would infer nothing from it other than it would allow us to do our due diligence, and… | 表示我们尽到了职责 让我们可以告诉你的妻子 |
[25:12] | we could look your wife in the eye and tell her that we have left no stone unturned. | 我们已经竭尽全力去破案 没有别的意思 |
[25:16] | So, Mr. Tiernan, can Detective Scanlon take you downstairs? | 那么 Tiernan先生 可以让Scanlon警探带你去楼下么? |
[25:22] | Is that a “no”? | 那是指”不”? |
[25:24] | Yes, that’s a “no.” | 没错 不 |
[25:27] | I will not participate in this farce. | 我不会参与这出闹剧 |
[25:30] | I will not have my privacy invaded | 我不会让你们侵犯我的权益 |
[25:32] | so you people can grasp at straws, | 让你们抓住救命稻草 |
[25:34] | and most importantly, | 最重要的是 |
[25:36] | I will not put my wife through the embarrassment | 我不会让我的妻子受到这种 |
[25:38] | and the humiliation and the pain | 侮辱和难堪 |
[25:41] | of knowing that her pleas for help in this matter | 她请求你们的帮助 |
[25:43] | have yielded nothing but the most… | 找到杀她妹妹的凶手 |
[25:46] | cynical and simple-minded ideas about | 而你们居然得出了这样一个 |
[25:50] | who might be responsible for her sister’s death. | 最最无益 最最愚蠢的结论 |
[25:58] | Is that all? | 结束了吗 |
[25:59] | You know I can compel you to give us that blood. | 你该知道 我可以强迫你提供血样 |
[26:01] | Well, by all means, | 当然可以 |
[26:03] | call the family lawyer. | 打电话给我们律师先 |
[26:05] | Gabrielle will give you the number. I’m leaving now. | Gabrielle会给你号码 我走了 |
[26:13] | I let go of the contractor that we hired to, to, uh… | 我解雇了之前那个承包商… |
[26:16] | I’m home! Anyone want Chinese? | 我回来了 有人想吃中国菜吗 |
[26:17] | …build the floor model for trade shows. | 建造贸易展览场地模型的那个 |
[26:20] | Okay, that sounds good. | 好的 听上去不错 |
[26:21] | We’ll take new bids in next week. | 我们下周会重新竞标 |
[26:22] | I’ll, I’ll see you in the morning. | 明早见 |
[26:25] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[26:25] | You’re back early. | 你今天回来的真早 |
[26:26] | Actually, I worked from home today. Um… | 实际上 我今天在家工作的 |
[26:28] | you were in meetings and I needed to make an executive parental decision, | 你在开会时我作为家长做了个决定 |
[26:32] | and after I made it, I didn’t see the point of discussing it until you got home. | 之后 我发现有必要 在你回家后好好商量一下 |
[26:35] | Discussing what? | 商量什么 |
[26:37] | She was upset. She was embarrassed, | 她情绪低落 很难为情 |
[26:38] | and I-I just couldn’t bring myself to force her to go to school. | 我没法强制她去学校 |
[26:40] | What, you couldn’t bring yourself? | 什么 你没办法? |
[26:42] | Why? You weren’t here. You didn’t see the look on her face. | 你当时不在 没看见她脸上的表情 |
[26:44] | She just kept saying that she couldn’t help herself. | 她一直说她控制不了自己 |
[26:46] | Now, I, I think we should just keep her away from school | 我认为我们应该先不让她去学校 |
[26:48] | until this thing passes. | 直到这件事过去 |
[26:50] | You want her to miss more school? | 你要让她旷更多的课? |
[26:52] | Yeah, as a matter of fact, I do. | 没错 就是这样 |
[26:53] | I mean, you know, p-p-people do it all the time. | 你想想 大家不都这么做 |
[26:55] | Kids get sick, they stay home. | 孩子会生病 只好呆家里 |
[26:56] | But she’s not sick. | 但她没生病 |
[26:57] | She’s not sick, Joe. | 她没生病 Joe |
[27:00] | This is happening for a reason. | 事出有因 |
[27:01] | She’s drawing these pictures for a reason. | 她画这个是有原因的 |
[27:03] | She can’t just miss school ’cause we don’t know what it is. | 不能因为我们不了解就让她缺课 |
[27:06] | I mean, what if we never figure it out? | 万一我们永远都解决不了呢 |
[27:11] | Wait a second. What is this? | 等等 这是什么 |
[27:13] | What’s what? | 什么是什么 |
[27:14] | I don’t know. This spot. | 我不知道 这个点 |
[27:16] | On Mr. Enright’s chest. | 在Enright老师的胸膛上 |
[27:18] | I don’t know. It’s his, you know, his nipple. | 不知道 也许是他的乳头 |
[27:21] | No, I don’t think so. | 我觉得不是 |
[27:22] | Look, there’s only one. | 看 只有一个 |
[27:26] | And look, it’s on all these. | 而且 每张画上都有 |
[27:28] | She drew it on every single picture. | 她在每张画上都画了 |
[27:30] | Is it growing? | 它在变大吗 |
[27:31] | It looks like it’s just changing shape. | 看上去它的形状在改变 |
[27:33] | Look. This one’s like a little circle, | 这个看上去像个圆圈 |
[27:36] | and then here it looks like an X. | 这里像个X |
[27:40] | Maybe she’s not just drawing Mr. Enright. | 也许她不仅仅是在画Enright老师 |
[27:43] | Maybe she’s diagnosing him. | 很有可能她是在给他看病 |
[27:46] | The city of Phoenix mourned today as one of its favorite sons, | Phoenix市今天 |
[27:49] | renowned author Nathan Cafferty, | 向去世的著名作家 受人尊敬的市民 |
[27:51] | was laid to rest. | Nathan Cafferty致哀 |
[27:52] | Mr. Cafferty, whose net worth was estimated at somewhere between $15 and $20 million | Cafferty先生上周在车祸中丧生 |
[27:58] | was killed last week when his car was struck head-on by another vehicle. | 其身后资产估价为1500-2000万 |
[28:03] | He is survived by his wife, Gabrielle, | 其遗孀 Gabrielle 声称 |
[28:05] | who insists that rumors that her husband was working on a new book at the time of his death were, | 就她所知 她的丈夫死时 正在创作新的作品的说法 |
[28:09] | to the best of her knowledge, untrue. | 实属谣言 |
[28:23] | “Our friends often commented that we made an odd couple, Gabrielle and I. | 我们的朋友经常说 我和Gabrielle是一对奇怪的夫妻 |
[28:27] | She believed with all her heart that there was far more to this universe | 她相信宇宙中有着更多我们未知的奥秘 |
[28:31] | than the so-called “scientists” would have us believe. | 所谓科学家解释不了的 |
[28:34] | I, of course, did not. | 而我不这么认为 |
[28:36] | To the casual observer, it may have appeared we had little in common, but faith, | 在旁人眼中 我们或许毫无共通之处 然而信仰 正如人常所述 依靠的都是女性 |
[28:40] | as it has often been said, is feminine. | |
[28:44] | Even the cynic who believes in nothing | 即使是玩世不恭的人 |
[28:47] | find a girl who believes in him.” | 也会找到命定的女孩 |
[29:03] | First person: An autobiography by Nathan Cafferty | Nathan Cafferty自传 |
[29:11] | I was wrong. | 我搞错了 |
[29:13] | Joel Tiernan isn’t walking around | 并不是Nathan Cafferty的灵魂 |
[29:14] | with the soul of Nathan Cafferty inside of him. | 在Joel Tiernan的身体里 |
[29:16] | He’s walking around with Nathan Cafferty’s autobiography. | 而是 Nathan Cafferty的自传 |
[29:20] | I beg your pardon? | 什么? |
[29:21] | Remember I told you that I saw pages raining down from the sky | 你记得我跟你说过 车祸那天晚上我看到 |
[29:24] | the night of the car wreck? | 漫天飞舞的纸张么? |
[29:25] | I think that’s what it was. It was Nathan Cafferty’s autobiography. | 我想那就是Nathan Cafferty的自传 |
[29:29] | Joel stole it before anyone else could read it. | Joel偷了它 没有人读过 |
[29:32] | That’s how I knew so much about him. | 这就是他为什么这么了解Nathan |
[29:34] | That’s how he could convince Gabrielle that he was him. | 所以他才能让Gabrielle 相信他就是他 |
[29:37] | He had a… | 他有着一份… |
[29:39] | a virtual manual on how to be him. | 如何变成Nathan的说明书 |
[29:42] | Look, I’m sorry. I know I told you | 抱歉 我知道我跟你说过 |
[29:43] | that Joel was Nathan. I was wrong. | Joel是Nathan 我弄错了 |
[29:46] | I fell for the same scam Gabrielle did. | 我和Gabrielle都掉入了同一个骗局中 |
[29:49] | The only thing I don’t know is, | 我唯一不明白的是 |
[29:51] | if Joel Tiernan was always Joel Tiernan, | 如果Joel Tiernan就是Joel Tiernan |
[29:53] | why would he kill Robin Aronson? | 为什么他要杀Robin Aronson |
[29:56] | Maybe because he didn’t kill her, Allison. | 可能因为他没杀她 Allison |
[29:58] | What? | 什么? |
[30:00] | Lee brought this in a few minutes before you arrived. | 在你来几分钟前Lee告诉我的 |
[30:03] | Wait a second. Who’s this? | 等等 这是谁 |
[30:04] | Arthur Kolber. | |
[30:06] | Worked as a maintenance man at the cottages where Robin Aaronson was beaten to death. | 他在Robin Aaronson被打死的 那个木屋里做维修工人 |
[30:10] | I was doing my due diligence on the hotel staff when I found out | 当我在调查旅馆工作人员的时候发现 |
[30:13] | Kolber sexually assaulted a female friend two months ago. | Kolber两个月前 对他的一个女性朋友进行性侵犯 |
[30:18] | I had the lab compare his blood with the drop that we found | 我让实验室比对了一下他的 |
[30:21] | at the scene of Robin Aaronson’s murder, and… | 和犯罪现场的血滴 |
[30:23] | guess what. | 结果发现 |
[30:24] | A perfect match. | 完全吻合 |
[30:25] | Kolber claims he cut his hand doing repairs at the cottage, | Kolber声称他在修理木屋的时候割伤了手 |
[30:28] | but I don’t buy it. | 不过我不信他 |
[30:29] | I’m pretty sure this is our guy. | 我确定他就是我们要找的人 |
[30:32] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[30:34] | Even if he didn’t kill Robin, | 即使他没杀Robin |
[30:35] | what about everything he’s done to Gabrielle, | 难道我们不能 |
[30:37] | everything he’s put her through. | 凭他对Garbrielle的所作所为 |
[30:38] | Can’t we get him on that? | 起诉他吗 |
[30:40] | On what? | 凭什么 |
[30:41] | Gabrielle is a full-grown woman. | Gabrielle是个成年人了 |
[30:43] | If she wants to believe that she’s married to the ghost of her dead husband, | 如果她想相信她嫁给了死去丈夫的鬼魂 |
[30:45] | well, there’s no law against that. | 没有法律不允许 |
[30:49] | On the other hand, | 另一方面 |
[30:51] | I… I’d be lying if I said | 如果说我不认为Joel Tiernan |
[30:52] | that I didn’t think that Joel Tiernan was hiding something. | 在隐瞒些事情 那是假的 |
[30:55] | But here’s the thing– | 但是 |
[30:56] | I already owe the man an apology | 因为怀疑他谋杀他的小姨子 |
[30:58] | for accusing him of killing his sister-in-law. | 我已经欠他一个道歉了 |
[31:00] | I certainly can’t also accuse him of perpetrating | 我不能在没有证据的情况下 |
[31:03] | one of the cruelest hoaxes I’ve ever heard of, | 指控他犯下了残忍的 |
[31:05] | especially without proof. | 欺诈罪 |
[31:07] | You… don’t have any proof, do you? | 你没有证据 对吧 |
[31:12] | Yeah, well. | 是啊 |
[31:13] | Me neither. | 我也没有 |
[31:15] | I’m sorry. I don’t get it. | 抱歉 我不明白 |
[31:16] | Your daughter has done | 你女儿 |
[31:17] | maybe a dozen more explicit drawings of me, | 画了一堆关于我的裸体画 |
[31:19] | and you want to talk to me about this dot? | 而你想和我聊这个点 |
[31:22] | I’m not so sure that it is just a dot. | 我不确定那只是个点 |
[31:24] | I think that maybe it’s a mole. | 我想那可能是个痣 |
[31:28] | All right, a mole. So? | 好吧 一个痣 所以? |
[31:31] | So… do you? | 所以 你有吗 |
[31:34] | Do you have a mole on your chest? | 你胸膛上有个痣吗 |
[31:36] | One that’s, you know, | 这颗 |
[31:37] | in roughly the same spot as these? | 和画上的位置差不多的? |
[31:39] | You know what? I don’t really know. | 我不确定 |
[31:41] | I’ve got quite a few moles. Most adults do. | 我身上有痣 大部分人都有 |
[31:43] | I know, but I’m talking about this one. | 我知道 但是我说的是这个痣 |
[31:46] | You see how it’s changing shape in the pictures? | 你在画上看到它的形状改变了吗 |
[31:49] | See, it’s, like, growing? | 看上去 像是在变大 |
[31:52] | I don’t mean to alarm you, | 我不想吓到你 |
[31:53] | but I think that you might want to see a doctor. | 但我认为你应该去看医生 |
[31:56] | Mr. Dubois, with all due respect to your daughter, | Dubois先生 无意冒犯 |
[31:59] | these are doodles. | 这只是随手乱画的东西 |
[32:01] | Now, are you seriously suggesting that I have myself tested for skin cancer | 你是认真的建议 我去做个皮肤癌的检查 |
[32:06] | because of your daughter’s doodles? | 仅因为你女儿的涂鸦? |
[32:08] | Actually, I am. | 说实话 没错 |
[32:13] | Robin, you in there? | Robin 你在吗 |
[32:15] | The door’s open. | 门开着 |
[32:21] | I got here as fast as I could. | 我尽快赶来了 |
[32:24] | So why’d you make me drive all the way out here just to talk to you, hmm? | 为什么让我大老远开到这来 只是聊天? |
[32:29] | What is this place? | 这是谁的房子 |
[32:32] | This? | 这里? |
[32:36] | This is our place. | 这是我们的爱巢 |
[32:39] | It’s so good to see you again, baby. | 能再见到你真是太好了 宝贝 |
[32:42] | Robin, what are you doing? | Robin 你在干吗 |
[32:44] | Why are you dressed like that? | 为什么穿成这个样子 |
[32:47] | Stop! | 停下! |
[32:50] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[32:52] | I can’t do this with you. | 我不能这么做 |
[32:54] | I mean, I’m flattered, don’t get me wrong. | 我受宠若惊 但别误解 |
[32:57] | But I could never betray Gabrielle like that. | 但是我不能背叛Gabrielle |
[33:04] | Huh, | |
[33:07] | that’s funny. | 有意思 |
[33:09] | You never had a problem with it before, Nathan. | 你以前从来不介意 Nathan |
[33:12] | What did you just call me? | 你叫我什么 |
[33:13] | “Nathan.” That’s who you really are, isn’t it? | Nathan 那才是你 不是吗 |
[33:18] | Gabrielle told you. | Gabrielle告诉你的 |
[33:19] | Yeah, she told me. She told me all about you. | 没错 她把你的所有事情都告诉我了 |
[33:23] | Of course, if you were really Nathan, | 如果你真的是Nathan |
[33:26] | you’d know about our little secret, wouldn’t you? | 你应该知道我们的小秘密 对吧 |
[33:30] | You’d know that you bought me this negligee, | 你应该知道是你给我买的这件睡衣 |
[33:33] | and you’d know that this place | 你应该知道这里 |
[33:35] | is where we used to meet | 是我们背叛我姐姐 |
[33:38] | to make love; | 幽会偷欢 |
[33:40] | to betray my sister. | 的地方 |
[33:43] | But you don’t remember anything about us, do you? | 但是你一点也不记得我们之间的事了 对吧 |
[33:47] | Because you’re not Nathan, you’re a fraud. | 因为你不是Nathan 你是个冒牌货 |
[33:52] | A parasite. | 寄生虫 |
[33:53] | Wait a minute. You have it wrong. | 等一下 你搞错了 |
[33:55] | Shut up! | 住嘴! |
[33:57] | Stop lying. | 别再撒谎了 |
[34:01] | I don’t know how you managed to trick my sister, | 我不知道你是怎么骗过我姐姐的 |
[34:03] | but I’m gonna make sure she knows the truth. | 但我会让她知道真相 |
[34:06] | I’m gonna tell her everything. | 我会把一切都告诉她 |
[34:14] | Your sister loves me, Robin. | 你姐姐爱我 Robin |
[34:16] | She’s happy. | 她很幸福 |
[34:18] | You should have left us alone. | 你应该离我们远远的 |
[34:26] | Mrs. Tiernan? | Tiernan女士 |
[34:31] | I was hoping I could speak with you. | 我希望能和你聊一下 |
[34:33] | I’m not sure we have much to talk about. | 我不认为我们有什么好说的 |
[34:36] | Not unless you’re here to apologize for the way your office treated my husband. | 除非你为你们对我丈夫所做的事道歉 |
[34:40] | No, that’s not why I’m here. | 那不是我来的原因 |
[34:42] | Obviously, he didn’t write about the affair in his autobiography. | 显然他没有在他的自传中提到婚外情 |
[34:46] | That’s why Joel didn’t know about it. | 这就是为什么Joel不知道 |
[34:48] | So when Robin threatened to expose him, | 所以当Robin威胁说要揭发他的时候 |
[34:52] | he didn’t really have a choice but to kill her. | 他没有选择只能杀了她 |
[34:53] | Kill her or lose everything. | 不然就会失去一切 |
[34:55] | No… | 不 |
[34:57] | no, you’re wrong. They, they found another man’s blood at the crime scene. | 你错了 他们在现场发现了其他人的血 |
[35:01] | A man who worked at the hotel he told the police he cut his hand. | 是属于旅馆工作人员的 他割破了手 |
[35:05] | I can’t prove it, | 虽然我没法证明 |
[35:06] | but it think he’s being honest with us. | 但我认为他说的是实话 |
[35:09] | The truth is, I can’t prove any of this. | 事实是 哪个我都没法证实 |
[35:12] | But you came to us, | 但是你来找我们 |
[35:14] | you told us you wanted our help. | 希望获得帮助 |
[35:17] | And I thought you deserved to hear the truth | 我认为你有权知道真相 |
[35:19] | even if a jury never does. | 即使陪审团可能不会知道 |
[35:22] | Even if it hurts. | 即使真相很残酷 |
[35:24] | Gabrielle, | |
[35:26] | he’s gone. | 他已经不在了 |
[35:29] | The man you loved is gone. | 你爱的那个男人不在了 |
[35:32] | And this man isn’t him. | 这个人不是他 |
[35:48] | Gabby, I’m back. | Gabby 我回来了 |
[35:51] | Welcome home, Nathan. | 欢迎回家 Nathan |
[35:53] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[35:54] | Um, you don’t have to pretend in front of Mrs. Dubois. | 在Dubois夫人面前你不用伪装 |
[35:57] | She knows who you really are. | 她知道你的真实身份 |
[36:01] | What’s she doing here? | 她为什么在这里 |
[36:04] | After all I’ve been through with the district attorney’s office, | 我在检察官办公室受到了那样的待遇后 |
[36:06] | why would you let that woman in our house? | 你为什么让这个女人进屋 |
[36:08] | She came here to talk to me, | 她来告诉我 |
[36:10] | to, um, to tell me some things about you. | 有关你的事情 |
[36:14] | Some theories she has about you. | 关于你的一些推测 |
[36:16] | What kind of theories? | 什么推测 |
[36:19] | Why would you listen to her? | 你为什么要听她的 |
[36:22] | We’ve been together nearly two years. What could she possibly tell you | 我们在一起快两年了 她怎么可能告诉你 |
[36:25] | that we don’t already know? | 我们不知道的事情 |
[36:27] | Well, that’s a great question, Nathan. | 问得好 Nathan |
[36:29] | You don’t mind if I call you “Nathan,” do you? | 你不介意我叫你Nathan吧 |
[36:33] | You know what? | 知道么? |
[36:34] | I was just flipping through a couple of your books this morning. | 今天早上我翻阅了一下你的书 |
[36:38] | They’re beautifully written, Mr. Cafferty. | 字句很优美 Cafferty先生 |
[36:41] | You really have a way with words and a, and a very particular style. | 你有一种独特的表达方式和风格 |
[36:45] | You’re a wonderful writer. | 你是位了不起的作家 |
[36:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:51] | Anyway, I know this is gonna sound like a strange request, | 我知道这个请求听上去很奇怪 |
[36:55] | but we were wondering if | 我们想知道 |
[36:58] | maybe we could get you to sit here and write something | 或许我们能请你在此时此地 |
[37:02] | right here, right now. | 为我们写点什么 |
[37:05] | Now, why would I want to do that? | 为什么我要这么做 |
[37:08] | Well, why wouldn’t you want to do it? | 为什么你不这么做 |
[37:13] | You know, it’s, it’s funny. | 很奇怪 |
[37:15] | In the two years since you first walked in that door, | 从两年前你踏进这个门 |
[37:19] | I haven’t seen you do a single stitch of work. | 我再也没有看见过你创作 |
[37:22] | I haven’t seen you write anything. | 没见过你写一点文章 |
[37:26] | And Nathan, I mean, | |
[37:28] | the original Nathan, he was forever writing things, | 以前的Nathan 总是在写作 |
[37:33] | reading things to me, showing me things. | 给我读文章 给我看他的作品 |
[37:42] | So do it for me again, Nathan, like you used to. | 所以 为我再做一次吧 Nathan 像你以前一样 |
[38:18] | Can you even type? | 你会打字吗 |
[38:20] | I think I’d like you to leave my house now, Mrs. Dubois. | 请你立刻离开我家 Dubois夫人 |
[38:23] | Actually, this is my house… | 事实上 这是我家 |
[38:27] | and I’d like Allison to stay. | 我希望Allison留下 |
[38:31] | She’s invited some of her colleagues over. They should be here in a minute. | 她的同事很快就会赶过来 |
[38:39] | Mrs. Dubois seems to think that if the police take a look around the, uh, | Dubois女士认为如果警察在这里搜一遍的话 |
[38:43] | the property, they may turn up that manuscript that she says you took from Nathan’s car. | 他们有可能找到她所说的 你从Nathan车里拿走的手稿 |
[38:52] | We turned the place upside down. | 我们把这里翻个底朝天了 |
[38:54] | So far, we found nothing. | 目前为止 什么都没发现 |
[38:57] | I’ll give it a few more minutes, but, uh, | 我们会在搜查几分钟 但是 |
[38:59] | I think it’s just about time to pack it in. | 结束只是时间问题 |
[39:01] | So that’s it? He gets away with everything? | 就这样让他逃脱了? |
[39:04] | Well, everything except Gabrielle. | 除了Gabrielle |
[39:07] | She asked if we’d escort her husband from the premises after we’re done. | 她问我们能不能在结束后把她丈夫押走 |
[39:10] | We might not be able to prove Joe Tiernan’s a murderer, but | 或许我们证明不了 Joel Tiernan是个杀手 |
[39:14] | at least we got him out of her life. | 但至少我们 把他赶出她的生活 |
[40:28] | Lee! | |
[40:31] | Are the girls down? | 孩子们都睡了吗? |
[40:33] | Two out of three. | 睡了两个 |
[40:35] | Bridgette’s still buzzing about all the nice things | Bridgette还在唠叨Enright老师 |
[40:37] | that Mr. Enright had to say about her after class today | 课后跟她说的那些感谢的话 |
[40:40] | how she should feel free to draw what she wants when she wants. | 她对于能想画啥就画啥 感到多么幸福 |
[40:44] | Call me crazy. I think somebody got some good news | 你可以说我疯了 但我想某人从皮肤科医生那里 |
[40:46] | from their dermatologist. | 听到了些好消息 |
[40:48] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[40:50] | It’s a little picture of us that Bridgette drew before she went to bed. | 这是Bridgette上床前画的我们两个 |
[40:53] | I looked very closely. There’s no lumps, | 我很认真地看了看 |
[40:55] | growths or vestigial limbs on either of us, | 我们俩身上没有肿块 瘤 或者四肢萎缩什么的 |
[40:58] | so I assume we’re in the pink of health. | 所以我想我们两个都很健康 |
[41:01] | She even gave us clothes. | 她还给我们画上了衣服 |
[41:03] | Hmm. | |
[41:05] | Hey, did I tell you that I took a life-drawing class in college? | 我有没有跟你说过 我大学里修过人体写生 |
[41:08] | No, you didn’t. | 没有 |
[41:09] | Yes, I did. | 有 我说过 |
[41:10] | – Yeah? – Mm. | – 有吗 – 嗯 |
[41:12] | you ever done any modeling? | 你做没做过模特 |
[41:14] | Get used to these boxers, babe, | 宝贝 你得习惯那些猛男 |
[41:15] | because they’re never coming off. | 他们可不要命 |
[41:16] | Oh, come on. You have something against art, hmm? | 好啦 你不喜欢艺术吗 |
[41:20] | I’m telling you. You’ve got a little something. | 告诉你 你还蛮有料的 |
[41:22] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[41:22] | I just need to get my crayons. | 我得去拿画笔画下来 |