时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Divorce lawyers like to say… | 离婚律师经常说… |
[00:03] | that “love” is the ultimate unenforceable contract. | 爱情是最没有约束力的合约 |
[00:08] | It is always being re-negotiated by time. | 随着时间的流逝 缔约双方不断讨价还价 |
[00:13] | Whether it’s the love of a husband for his wife… | 无论是深爱妻子的丈夫… |
[00:17] | or a parent for a child… | 或是关心孩子的父母… |
[00:20] | or even a lover for their sweetheart… | 又甚至是最亲密的爱人… |
[00:23] | the day invariably arises when the contract, | 终有一天这种合约 |
[00:26] | the agreements and understanding that define a relationship, change. | 定义人际关系的默契 协议会改变 |
[00:33] | The function of time, familiarity or sometimes just Mother Nature. | 这究竟是时间使然 熟悉所致 还是由于母性的驱使呢 |
[00:39] | Well,well,if it isn’t our own Deputy Doll. Back for another test? | 瞧呀瞧呀 这不是我们的 美女市长助理嘛 又来做测试? |
[00:43] | I think the last one was defective. | 我觉得上次买的不好 |
[00:45] | The plus sign looks more like a division symbol, so I remain unconvinced. | 加号看起来像除号 所以我还是不相信 |
[00:54] | Third test today, Mama Bear. | 这可是今天第三次测试了 熊妈妈 |
[00:55] | Your Eggo is preggo; no doubt about it. | 你肯定怀孕了 毋庸置疑 |
[00:58] | Silencio,old man. | 少废话 老头 |
[01:00] | You pay for that pee stick when you’re done. | 等你做完了测试就来付钱 |
[01:02] | Don’t think it’s yours just ’cause you marked it with your urine. | 别觉得只沾上了一点你的尿液 就假装不是你的 |
[01:47] | Medium Season05 Episode05 A Taste of Her Own Medicine | Medium 灵媒缉凶 |
[01:58] | But I don’t get it. | 但我还是搞不懂 |
[01:59] | Why do I have to go to the doctor’s office when I don’t feel sick? | 我根本没生病 为啥还要去看医生呢 |
[02:03] | Well,’cause Mommy’s working again and Daddy’s working again, | 因为既然妈妈和爸爸都有了新工作 |
[02:06] | which means we have our insurance back. | 我们就又有保险了 |
[02:08] | So? | 所以呢? |
[02:09] | So,that means that we can go to the doctor, and somebody else will pay for it. | 所以 这就意味着我们去看医生 而别人付钱 |
[02:13] | Well,tell them to save their money. We’re not interested. | 告诉他们省省钱吧 我们根本没兴趣 |
[02:17] | We’re all going to do it. | 我们都要去的 |
[02:18] | Mommy’s going to go see her doctor. | 妈咪要去看医生 |
[02:20] | Daddy’s going to see his doctor this morning. | 爸爸今早也要去 |
[02:24] | Everybody’s going to get a checkup. | 所有人都要去做检查 |
[02:26] | Uh-oh,this isn’t good. | 大事不妙 |
[02:28] | When they say “checkup,” they mean shots. | 当他们说”做检查” 其实就是要打针 |
[02:32] | I don’t want no, no shot. | 我不要 不想打针 |
[02:36] | Hey now,just ’cause you’re going to the doctor for a checkup doesn’t mean you’re going to get shots. | 听着 去看医生做检查可不代表要打针 |
[02:40] | Right. And fish can’t swim. | 是啊 鱼还不会游泳咧 |
[02:42] | I don’t want a shot! | 我不想打针! |
[02:44] | Look at your sister,honey. You’re getting her all upset. | 瞧瞧你妹妹 被你吓成什么样了 |
[02:47] | Hey,I got an idea. | 嘿 我有个主意 |
[02:49] | What if,um,we go to the doctor’s office, and,well… | 如果我们乖乖去看医生… |
[02:54] | we get the shots, and then,afterwards, we go to the toy store | 打了疫苗 然后…我们就去玩具店 |
[02:59] | and you guys let us pick out whatever we want? | 任我们随意挑玩具怎么样? |
[03:03] | What? | 什么? |
[03:04] | Wait a second,where did you get that? | 等等 你这都是从哪学来的? |
[03:06] | They do it on television. | 电视上演的呗 |
[03:08] | Actually,I’ve seen it a lot. | 其实呢 我电视上看到不少 |
[03:10] | Well,I’m not interested in talking about television,honey. | 我不想和你谈电视 宝贝 |
[03:15] | I got to go to my doctor’s appointment. | 我要去赴医生之约了 |
[03:18] | Us,too. Us,too. | 我们也是 |
[03:24] | Got a minute for a friend? | 有时间和朋友聊两句吗 |
[03:27] | Councilman Leaming… | Leaming议员… |
[03:28] | Don’t fire anyone. I told them not to announce me. | 别生气 我告诉他们别通知我来了 |
[03:30] | I’m here on unofficial business. | 我来此是为了私事 |
[03:32] | Well,then let me give you one of these… | 我刚好给你这个… |
[03:34] | unofficially,of course. Save me a postage stamp. | 当然也是私下的 给我省了邮票钱 |
[03:37] | What the hell’s this,Manuel? | 这是什么 Manuel? |
[03:39] | A party. It’s Lily’s idea,actually. | 派对邀请函 是Lily的主意 |
[03:41] | A way to sort of thank everybody who works here for hanging in there, | 想借此来感谢大家在我离开的日子里 |
[03:44] | keeping the faith while I was gone. | 怀揣信念 驻守在工作岗位上 |
[03:46] | But don’t worry,we’re paying for everything. | 别担心 我们来负担一切开销 |
[03:48] | Not a dime of taxpayers’ money. | 不会花费纳税人的一分一毫 |
[03:51] | What’s going on,Jimmy? | 出了什么事 Jimmy? |
[03:53] | You know my daughter Meredith– finally got married a little more than a year ago. | 你知道我女儿Meredith– 一年多前终于结了婚 |
[03:58] | Nice fella. He has a little girl with heart trouble. | 不错的小伙子 有个患有心脏病的女儿 |
[04:01] | Actually,that’s how they met. | 其实他们正是由此相识的 |
[04:03] | Meredith was the little girl’s nurse. | Meredith是那个小女孩的护士 |
[04:06] | Two days ago she sent my wife and me this e-mail. | 两天前她发了这封电子邮件给我和我妻子 |
[04:11] | “Dear Mom and Dad,I’m embarrassed to tell you this, | “亲爱的爸爸妈妈 很不好意思的告诉你们” |
[04:14] | “but I think,for the first time in my life, | “我认为 现在是我有生以来第一次” |
[04:16] | “I understand what it means to hit rock bottom. | “真正理解何谓跌落谷底” |
[04:20] | “I think the only cure is time and distance. | “我想只有时间和距离才是治愈良方” |
[04:22] | “I need to get away. | “我需要离开一阵” |
[04:24] | s his isn’t forever, it’s just for now. | “这不是永别 只是暂时离开” |
[04:27] | I promise to get in touch soon. Meredith.” | “我保证会尽快联系你们 Meredith留” |
[04:33] | I’m so sorry,Jim. | 我很抱歉 Jim |
[04:35] | She sent one to her husband,too. | 她也给她丈夫写了一封 |
[04:38] | What can I do? How… can I help you? | 我能做点什么? 要怎么帮助你? |
[04:41] | Sh She’s been gone four days. | 她已经离开四天了 |
[04:43] | My wife,my son-in-law… | 我妻子 我女婿… |
[04:46] | they’re convinced that she’s going to come back. | 都相信她会回来 |
[04:50] | But this is a girl who’s never gone more than 48 hours without calling me or her mother | 无论有什么事 |
[04:54] | about some crisis or other. | 她都没有过离家48小时以上音信全无 |
[04:56] | Did you go to the police? File a missing persons report? | 报警了吗? 汇报失踪人口了吗? |
[05:01] | I don’t want to do that. I’m a councilman. | 我不想那样做 我是议员 |
[05:04] | Her husband’s a big shot over at Phoenix West Bank. | 她丈夫是菲尼克斯西部银行的头头 |
[05:07] | They’re going to want to question him. | 他们会把他提来问话 |
[05:09] | And then the papers will get ahold of it… no. | 然后媒体稍加炒作…绝对不行 |
[05:12] | You know,I have a couple of people who work for me, pretty good at this kind of thing. | 我有些手下很擅长处理这些事 |
[05:16] | And I know I can trust them to keep it to themselves. | 我相信他们会守口如瓶 |
[05:19] | Why don’t you let me see what I can do. | 不如交给我来办 |
[05:21] | Joe. Joe! Joe. | |
[05:27] | I need you to wake up. | 快醒醒 |
[05:30] | Oh,hey,Doc. | 嘿 医生 |
[05:32] | Oh,sorry, must have dozed off. | 抱歉 我一定是打盹睡着了 |
[05:35] | Yeah,the nurse said she’s been trying to wake you for ten minutes. | 护士说喊了你十分钟都没醒 |
[05:42] | Devalos said you wanted to see me. | Devalos说你有事找我 |
[05:45] | Yeah,I do indeed. I do indeed. What’s with the funny look? | 是的 的确 这副表情是做什么? |
[05:49] | Nothing. You’ve just been on my mind lately. You and Lynn. | 没什么 我最近总想着你 你和Lynn的事 |
[05:53] | Well,how you guys doing? | 你们怎么样了? |
[05:54] | We’re doing… I mean,you know,to the extent we can. | 我们… 尽力了 |
[05:57] | Haven’t you got better things to think about? | 你就没其他事好想了吗? |
[06:00] | Maybe. Maybe not. | 也许是 也许不是 |
[06:03] | So what’s all this? | 究竟什么事? |
[06:05] | One of Manny’s city council buddies dropped by. | Manny的议员死党忽然来了 |
[06:08] | Daughter ran out on her husband couple days ago. | 他女儿几天前丢下丈夫失踪 |
[06:10] | Papa’s stressing ’cause he doesn’t know where she is. | 她爸担心她身在何方 |
[06:14] | – Pretty. – Smart. Went to school. | – 很漂亮 – 还很聪明 受高等教育的 |
[06:16] | Started premed,dropped out. | 之前上医学院预科 中途辍学 |
[06:19] | Became a private nurse, which is when she met hubby. | 当了私人护士 所以才遇到她丈夫 |
[06:24] | – Was he sick? – His little girl. Born with a bad heart. | – 他生病了吗? – 是他女儿 先天性心脏病 |
[06:27] | Waiting for a transplant. | 正等待心脏移植 |
[06:29] | First wife couldn’t take the pressure– took off. | 前妻无法承受巨大压力–拍屁股走人了 |
[06:32] | He finally got divorced in absentia and,uh… | 以对方失踪为由成功离婚… |
[06:36] | nursie here,Meredith, took her place. | 然后护士Meredith出现 取代了她 |
[06:40] | Anyway,I’m going to do the credit card,cell phone monitoring thing. | 我要去调查下信用卡和电话记录 |
[06:43] | See what she might have spent, where she might have spent it, who she might have called. | 看看她把钱都花在了哪里 打电话找过谁 |
[06:48] | Devalos asked me to put this little care package together for you in hopes | Devalos让我把这些东西打包给你 |
[06:51] | that you might do that voodoo you do, | 希望你能靠老本行发现些线索 |
[06:53] | but I have a hunch our little wifey just parked herself in a four-star hotel somewhere. | 但我有预感 这位太太可能会在 某个四星级酒店里花天酒地 |
[06:58] | Nice car. | 车子不错 |
[06:59] | Daddy’s little girl has to have a nice car. | 爸爸的宝贝女儿有辆不错的车 |
[07:02] | So Marie,little Marie, when he gave her her shot, | 所以当医生给Marie 小Marie打针时 |
[07:06] | she smiled,Joe. And Bridgette,whoo. | 她笑了 Joe 而Bridgette 大吵大嚷的 |
[07:12] | You would have thought that he was performing open-heart surgery without anesthesia. | 不知道的还以为医生没给病人麻醉 就做了开胸手术呢 |
[07:18] | So afterward, I took them to the toy store. | 在那之后 我带她们去了玩具店 |
[07:22] | I’m proud of you. | 我真为你感到自豪 |
[07:24] | Not letting your previously held convictions get in the way of making our children happy. | 没有因为你之前的想法 而闹得孩子不开心 |
[07:31] | Now,listen,I got to talk to you about something that happened at the doctor’s office. | 听着 我想和你说说今天去看医生的事 |
[07:35] | What are you talking about? You told me everything was fine. | 你在说什么? 不是说没事吗 |
[07:37] | Yeah,it is. Well,sort of. | 是的 差不多 |
[07:41] | He seemed to think that I have some kind of a sleep deprivation thing going on. | 他似乎觉得我有些缺乏睡眠 |
[07:46] | Doesn’t everybody over the age of 12 have a little sleep deprivation thing going on? | 不是每个超过12岁的人 都缺乏睡眠吗 |
[07:50] | I don’t know, he seemed to think that it was something to be taken seriously. | 我不知道 他好像认为还挺严重的 |
[07:54] | All right,well,what would make him think that? | 好了 他怎么会这么认为的呢? |
[07:58] | I think he got his first inkling when I fell asleep in his waiting room this morning. | 我想今早我在他的等候室睡着的时候 他就觉得不对头了 |
[08:02] | Oh,my. | 天啊 |
[08:04] | The truth is,I am exhausted all the time. | 其实我时刻都觉得筋疲力尽 |
[08:09] | At first,he wanted to check me into the hospital one night next week and do a sleep study. | 一开始 他想让我下周找一天晚上 住院去做睡眠研究 |
[08:16] | That’s where they hook you up to a computer and they… | 那里有电脑 可以研究… |
[08:19] | they try to figure out what the problem is. | 研究出问题症结所在 |
[08:22] | Then after we… you know,we… | 然后我们…我们… |
[08:25] | we talked for a little while, we both realized… | 我们谈了一下 都认为… |
[08:33] | What,you both think this is my fault? | 怎么 你们都觉得是我的错? |
[08:36] | Fault? Nobody mentioned fault. I didn’t use the word “fault.” | 错? 没有人提错 我都没提”错”这个字 |
[08:40] | Okay,what word would you use? | 好 那你要用什么字? |
[08:42] | I don’t want to use any word. | 我什么字都不用 |
[08:44] | I think the doctor’s just trying to figure out cause and effect. | 我想医生只是想找出前因后果 |
[08:46] | I don’t think that fault factors into it. | 我想这事的目的不是要找出谁对谁错 |
[08:49] | And I’m the cause. | 那我就是前因 |
[08:50] | Okay,look, I wouldn’t use the word “cause” either. | 听着 我也不会用”前因”这个字眼 |
[08:52] | But,Allison,you’ve got to be realistic. | 但Allison 现实点儿 |
[08:54] | I mean,you’re up once or twice a night, which means that I’m up once or twice a night. | 你一个晚上要醒一两次 我也跟着醒一两次 |
[08:57] | The problem is,that after you tell me about your dream I can’t get back to sleep. | 问题是 你跟我说了你做的梦后 我就睡不着了 |
[09:01] | I sit here and I stare and I wait for the sun to come up or for you to have another dream. | 我傻坐着瞪着眼睛等天亮 或你再做另一个梦 |
[09:08] | Okay,so what does he want us to do? | 好吧 那他想让我们怎么做? |
[09:11] | What are we talking here? Ear plugs,or… | 怎么说? 耳塞还是什么 |
[09:14] | How do we handle this? | 我们要怎么办? |
[09:16] | I don’t want you to be exhausted. | 我也不想你成天精疲力尽的 |
[09:19] | Initially,he wants us to try sleeping apart. | 第一步 他想让咱们分床睡 |
[09:22] | That’s his plan? | 这就是他的方法? |
[09:24] | Just for a week. | 就一个星期 |
[09:25] | I mean,I think it’s more diagnostic than anything else. | 这比什么都来得有效 |
[09:27] | You know,if after a week I’m feeling better,then… | 如果这一个星期我感觉不错… |
[09:29] | What? | 什么? |
[09:30] | If after a week you’re feeling better– what? That we’d sleep apart forever? | 如果这个星期你感觉不错 然后呢? 我们就永远分床睡了? |
[09:35] | Doesn’t sound like much of a plan. | 这听起来根本就不是个法子 |
[09:36] | Well,that’s not his plan, that’s your plan. | 这不是他的方法 是你的 |
[09:39] | I mean,I’m sure he’s got some kind of a protocol in mind if this,you know, | 我敢说他脑子里有一套解决方法 |
[09:42] | in fact,turns out to be the problem. | 如果真的是有问题的话 |
[11:04] | 3:20 in the morning. | 都凌晨3:20了 |
[11:07] | You poor thing. | 小可怜虫 |
[11:12] | Allison Dubois asked for you today. | Allison Dubois今天还问起你呢 |
[11:15] | Oh,yeah? Did you say hi for me? | 是吗? 你替我向她问好了吗? |
[11:17] | Yeah; course I did. | 当然了 |
[11:20] | You look at the mail in the living room? | 你看见起居室里的信了吗 |
[11:22] | Devalos is having a party. | Devalos搞了个派对 |
[11:24] | He’s sweet. He sent one invitation to you here and one invitation to me at my place. | 他太贴心了 寄了一张邀请函到这儿 又寄了一张去我那里 |
[11:28] | So should I just RSVP for the two of us? | 我要不要把我们俩的回复都一起写了? |
[11:32] | I don’t know. I can’t even think about that right now. | 我不知道 我现在都没办法思考 |
[11:35] | Be careful in there. Might still be a little toxic. | 小心点儿 可能会有点毒气 |
[11:38] | Really? Rough night? | 真的? 晚上很难受吗? |
[11:41] | Morning sickness. Talk about false advertising. | 还是晨吐 真是乱打假广告 |
[11:44] | Of course,I guess if they called it all day, all night sickness, nobody would ever want to get pregnant. | 不过要他们真说吐起来是全天候的 肯定就没人愿意怀孕了 |
[11:54] | Daddy? Daddy? | 爸爸? 爸爸? |
[11:58] | Daddy? Daddy… | 爸爸? 爸爸… |
[12:01] | Daddy! Are you and Mommy having a divorce? | 爸爸! 你要和妈妈离婚吗? |
[12:08] | Well,are you? | 真的吗? |
[12:11] | No,of course not. Nobody’s getting a divorce. | 当然没有啦 没人要离婚 |
[12:17] | Why would you even think something like that? | 你怎么会这么想? |
[12:21] | – Bridgette! – What? | – 干嘛? |
[12:22] | All I said was that, right after Celeste McEvoy’s dad started sleeping on the couch, | 我只是说 Celeste McEvoy的爸爸开始睡沙发后 |
[12:27] | they got a divorce.And they did. | 他们就要离婚了 结果他们真的离了 |
[12:30] | And then you told Marie that her dad then took her to Universal in Florida for a week. | 然后你就告诉Marie Celeste的爸爸带她去了Florida一个礼拜 |
[12:33] | Now she thinks we’re going to Florida. | 现在她以为我们要去Florida了 |
[12:35] | Are we going to Florida? | 我们要去Florida吗? |
[12:38] | Oh,don’t be ridiculous. Nobody’s getting divorced. | 别傻了 我们不会离婚的 |
[12:41] | Mom and Dad aren’t getting divorced. Come here! | 爸爸妈妈才不会离婚 来! |
[12:44] | Daddy just needed a good night’s sleep,you know, ’cause sometimes your mom is,you know… | 爸爸只是想好好睡一晚上 你也知道 有时候你妈妈… |
[12:49] | I can hear that. | 我听见了哦 |
[12:51] | Hey,why isn’t everybody eating? Everybody should be eating. It’s getting late. | 为什么大家都还没吃东西? 该吃饭了 我们要迟到了 |
[12:55] | Oh,hey, did you see the mail? Devalos is having a party. | 你看见信了吗? Devalos弄了个派对 |
[12:59] | Daddy’s taking me to Florida. | 爸爸要带我去Florida |
[13:05] | They started dredging the lake around 7:00 this morning. By 8:30,they found her. | 他们7点左右开始打捞 8:30的时候找到她的 |
[13:12] | Oh,my God! | 天哪 |
[13:15] | I don’t understand. This can’t be Meredith Burnes. | 我搞不懂了 这不可能是Meredith Burnes |
[13:17] | She’s only been missing three days. | 她只失踪了三天 |
[13:18] | This woman looks like she’s been in the lake for years. | 这个女人看起来至少在湖里泡了一年多 |
[13:21] | Good guess. We’re thinking two,actually. | 你说对了 我们确实也这么认为的 |
[13:23] | She was wearing this. It’s an engraved wedding band. | 她戴着这个 刻了字的婚戒 |
[13:26] | “From Don to Clare. Always.” | “送给Clare 永远爱你的Don” |
[13:28] | Clare? Who’s Clare? | Clare? 谁是Clare? |
[13:30] | That would be Meredith’s husband’s first wife. | 应该是Meredith丈夫的前任妻子吧 |
[13:33] | And this is her? | 那这就是她了? |
[13:34] | In the flesh… or the bones… or whatever. | 这具尸体 这副骨架 随便怎么说了 |
[13:39] | So Don’s first wife wasn’t just missing. She didn’t just run away. She was murdered. | 这么说Don的第一任妻子不是失踪了 也不是离家出走 而是被谋杀了 |
[13:44] | Well,yeah,obviously, she was murdered, but that doesn’t mean she didn’t run away first. | 很显然 她是被谋杀的 但是并不意味着她没有离家出走啊 |
[13:47] | A stranger could have done this. | 随便一个陌生人都有可能杀了她 |
[13:49] | Now hissecondwife is missing? | 而现在他的第二任妻子又失踪了? |
[13:52] | It certainly seems like being married to this Don fellow is a dangerous way to live your life. | 看起来就是嫁给Don往往没有什么好下场 |
[13:55] | I was so sure that I was seeing Meredith’s murder. I even saw her car. | 我确定我看到了Meredith被杀 我甚至看到了她的车 |
[13:59] | Maybe her car was part of it.Maybe Don borrowed her car, | 也许她的车只是其中一个部分 可能是Don开她的车 |
[14:02] | used it to transport the body so there wouldn’t be any DNA left in his. | 送走尸体 这样就不会留下任何他自己的DNA |
[14:05] | You want to ask him? | 你想问问他么? |
[14:11] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗? |
[14:12] | I’m Detective Scanlon. This is Allison Dubois. | 我是Scanlon警探 这位是Allison Dubois |
[14:14] | We’re hoping to speak with Don Burnes. | 我们想找Don Burnes |
[14:17] | I really can’t see that. I’ll have to take your word for it. | 我看不清楚 我相信你说的 |
[14:20] | I lost my glasses a few days ago. Please come in. | 几天前我的老花镜丢了 请进来吧 |
[14:29] | I’m Louise Leaming. Meredith’s mother. Councilman Leaming’s wife. | 我是Louise Leaming 是Meredith的妈妈 Leaming议员的妻子 |
[14:33] | Nice to meet you, Mrs. Leaming. | 很高兴认识你 Leaming夫人 |
[14:35] | This must be a terrible time for you. | 这段日子你一定很难过 |
[14:37] | Not really. No. I… I… I told James not to bother you people with this. | 还好了 我告诉James了别麻烦你们的 |
[14:41] | Meredith’s fine. She’s… She will turn up. | Meredith没事 她… 她会回来的 |
[14:46] | She’ll come home. She’s just Meredith. | 她会回来的 她是Meredith啊 |
[14:51] | Honey,tell your father that some people from the district attorney’s office are here,all right? | 宝贝 去告诉你爸爸地检办公室的人来了 好吗? |
[14:58] | Did either of you ever meet Meredith? | 你们谁见过Meredith吗? |
[15:00] | No. | 没有 |
[15:02] | Well,she’s mine, and I love her, | 她是我的 我好爱她 |
[15:04] | but she thrives on attention the way the rest of us depend on oxygen. | 她渴求关注就像普通人渴求氧气一样 |
[15:11] | This is her idea of bliss. | 这正如了她的愿 |
[15:14] | Everybody is worried about her, thinking about her, talking about her. | 大家都担心她 想着她 念叨她 |
[15:23] | I shouldn’t be negative. | 我不该老说些负面的 |
[15:25] | She is an extraordinary caregiver; a wonderful nurse. | 她非常会照顾人 是一个超级好的护士 |
[15:29] | She has brought me the most marvelous grandchild. | 她帮我抚养了这个出众的外孙 |
[15:34] | She looks terrific, by the way. Phoebe,I mean. | 她看起来挺好的 我是说Phoebe |
[15:36] | Heard about her heart condition. That she’s waiting for a donor. | 我们听说她的心脏状况了 她在等捐赠者 |
[15:39] | You would never know. | 要是不知情肯定看不出她有病 |
[15:41] | Oh,thank you. Yes. She’s… She’s at a good period right now. | 谢谢你 她… 她现在很好 |
[15:45] | Last week,I… I was afraid we were going to lose her. | 上周 我以为我们要失去她了 |
[15:51] | She still misses Meredith. That’s why I’m here. To keep her mind off it. | 她一直想着Meredith 所以我过来 帮她排遣一下 |
[15:55] | Louise? | |
[16:02] | I’m Don Burnes. | 我是Don Burnes |
[16:05] | I’ll keep Phoebe occupied while you three talk. | 我去陪Phoebe 你们谈吧 |
[16:12] | Sit down,hm? | 请坐 |
[16:19] | Any news? | 有什么消息吗? |
[16:20] | Well,there is, but it doesn’t have anything to do with Meredith. | 有些消息 但不是关于Meredith的 |
[16:24] | We’ve found your first wife’s remains, Mr. Burnes. | 我们找到了你前任夫人的遗体 Burnes先生 |
[16:29] | She was beaten and then drowned. | 她被打晕 然后淹死了 |
[16:37] | When? And by who? | 什么时候? 谁干的? |
[16:40] | We don’t know that yet but, obviously, this changes the way we look at things | 我们还不知道 但很显然 这让我们看到这事情的角度有些变化 |
[16:44] | with regard to the second Mrs. Burnes. | 关于第二位Burnes夫人 |
[16:48] | I see. So this is a dual purpose visit. | 我明白了 这次拜访是有双重目的的 |
[16:50] | Well,you’re not being accused of anything at the moment, Mr. Burnes, but you’re a person of interest. | 现在我们并没有指控你任何事 Burnes先生 但你是有嫌疑的 |
[16:56] | We’re in the process of obtaining a warrant to search your house. | 我们正在申请搜查令 搜查您的房子 |
[16:59] | You don’t need a warrant. | 你们没必要等搜查令 |
[17:01] | You have my permission to look wherever you want. | 我同意你们随意查看 |
[17:05] | Phoebe and I can go and stay with Meredith’s folks for a few days, | 我带Phoebe去Meredith父母家几天 |
[17:07] | so there won’t be anyone here in your way. | 这里就不会有人碍你们事 |
[17:10] | I appreciate you making this easy,Mr. Burnes. | 很感谢您的配合 Burnes先生 |
[17:12] | I’ll be sure and mention it to the district attorney. | 我会保证向地检提到这一点 |
[17:15] | You do that. | 请一定那么做 |
[17:18] | Also tell him that these women were taken fromme, | 并且告诉他 我身边这些女人的失踪 |
[17:23] | notbyme. | 不是我干的 |
[17:27] | Give him that message. | 你告诉他 |
[17:32] | You got your cell phone in here? | 你手机放好了? |
[17:35] | No,it’s in the kitchen, where I want it. | 没有 在厨房 我放那儿了 |
[17:38] | I’msleeping out on the couch. | 我去睡沙发 |
[17:41] | – What? – You heard me. | – 什么? – 你听见了的 |
[17:43] | If we’re going to do this, we’re going to take turns. | 如果我们要这么做的话 就轮流好了 |
[17:44] | It’s my turn to sleep on the couch tonight. | 今晚该我去睡沙发了 |
[17:47] | So I’ve unplugged the phone for you… | 所以我帮你把手机拔了 |
[17:51] | given you clean sheets. | 换了干净床单 |
[17:53] | I want you to get eight hours of beautiful, uninterrupted sleep. | 我想让你舒舒服服不受打扰的睡足8小时 |
[18:04] | Meredith– right on time as always. | Meredith总是那么准时 |
[18:06] | Mrs. Burnes. | Burnes太太 |
[18:07] | This stuff is a drug,you know. | 这玩意儿就是毒品 |
[18:09] | It’s okay. It’s legal. I’m a nurse. | 没关系的 不违法 我是护士 |
[18:12] | So how’s my girl doing today? | 我的小宝贝今天怎么样啊? |
[18:14] | Ah,Phoebe? Not so well. | Phoebe吗? 不是太好 |
[18:17] | She,uh… had a rough night. | 她…昨晚很难受 |
[18:19] | Weallhad a rough night. | 我们昨晚都不好过 |
[18:21] | I’m guessing she’ll be sleeping for a while. | 我想她会睡一会儿吧 |
[18:24] | You sit here. I just need to finish this. | 你坐 我弄完这个 |
[18:27] | You relax. | 你休息好了 |
[18:29] | You’re the missus, I’m the help. Drink your poison. | 你是夫人 我是帮手的 好好喝吧 |
[18:35] | I don’t know about you, Meredith. | 我都不了解你 Meredith |
[18:37] | You’re some kind of saint. | 你是个圣人 |
[18:39] | I keep saying to Don, “That woman,she is too good to be true. | 我常跟Don说”那个女人太好了 跟仙女儿似的” |
[18:42] | She’s got to be going home at night and kicking her cat.” | 她一定回家就虐猫 |
[18:45] | Never with my shoes on; only with my socks. | 但我都不穿鞋 只穿袜子虐 |
[19:02] | You all right, Mrs. Burnes? | 你没事吧 Burnes太太? |
[19:10] | Don’t worry. It’ll be over soon. | 别担心 很快就结束了 |
[19:46] | Good morning,Chef Boyardee. | 早安 大厨Boyardee (大厨Boyardee为一种意大利面罐头) |
[19:49] | I was trying to be quiet. Did I wake you? | 我已经尽量小声了 还是吵醒你了? |
[19:52] | No. Not you. Just the smell of all that good food. | 不 不是你 就是闻到这些香味儿了 |
[19:55] | You got a good night’s sleep,didn’t you? | 你昨晚睡得很好 对吧? |
[19:58] | I cannot tell a lie. | 我不能撒谎 |
[20:00] | Look at you. You’re beaming. I hate that. | 你瞧你 你在微笑 讨厌 |
[20:04] | How wasyournight, my dear? | 你昨晚睡得怎样 亲爱的? |
[20:07] | Not for the faint of heart. | 胆小鬼不宜 |
[20:10] | Turns out that woman that we’ve been looking for– Councilman Leaming’s daughter… | 事实证明我们一直寻找的女人 — 市议员的掌上明珠… |
[20:14] | Yeah? | 嗯? |
[20:16] | She murdered her husband’s first wife. | 她谋杀了她丈夫的第一任妻子 |
[20:20] | Now,what would posses somebody to do something like that? | 什么会促使某人这么做? |
[20:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:26] | Maybe Don loved her. Maybe she loved Don. | 也许Don爱上了她 也许她爱上了Don |
[20:30] | Maybe… maybe Don wasn’t in on it. | 也许… 也许Don没有卷入此事 |
[20:32] | Maybe Don found out about it, and killed her to avenge his first wife’s death. | 也许Don发现了事情的真相 然后杀了她来为第一任妻子报仇 |
[20:40] | Do you see all the good stuff that you miss when you don’t sleep with me? | 知道不和我一起睡 会错过多少好东西了吧? |
[20:45] | We’re almost ready. You want to go wake the kids? | 快好了 你要去叫孩子们起床了吗? |
[20:49] | Oh,that’s right. We have kids. | 哦 对 我们还有孩子 |
[20:52] | Oh,gosh! I just rembered. Today is Dentist Day. | 哦 糟糕! 我刚想起来 今天是牙医日 |
[20:55] | – Dentist Day? – Yeah. After school. | – 牙医日? – 对 放学后 |
[20:58] | Oh,boy. More toys. | 哦 天 更多玩具 |
[21:16] | What time is it? | 现在几点? |
[21:18] | It’s 10:40 in the morning. | 上午10点40分 |
[21:21] | Well,what are you doing here? I thought you were Miss Early Bird. | 哦 你在这儿干什么? 我还以为你是早起的勤劳孩子呢 |
[21:24] | I like to be. But I need to talk to you about something. | 我也想 但我有些事要跟你谈 |
[21:28] | And,lately,it seems like you only come home when you think I might be asleep, | 最近 你貌似只在认为我睡着后才回家 |
[21:32] | and you only wake up when you think I might be gone. | 然后只在认为我已经走了才醒 |
[21:35] | What is it,Lynn? What do you want to talk about? | 什么呀 Lynn? 你到底想说什么? |
[21:38] | I need to RSVP to that party. | 我要答复那个派对邀请 |
[21:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:46] | Well,you know what? Don’t worry about it. | 那个什么 你知道? 这个你不用担心 |
[21:48] | You take care of your RSVP, and I’ll take care of mine. | 你答复你的 我会负责自己的 |
[21:53] | So we’re not going together? | 所以我们不一起去? |
[21:57] | I don’t know; I have no idea. | 我不知道 完全没想法 |
[21:59] | I mean,to be perfectly honest with you, I’ve given this absolutely no thought. | 老老实实跟你说 我根本没想过 |
[22:04] | Frankly, I’m kind of amazed you have. | 坦白讲 你有想法我还觉得怪呢 |
[22:08] | Yeah,well… maybe it’s the hormones. | 嗯 那个… 也许是荷尔蒙作祟 |
[22:11] | I don’t know; I mean,I know there are a lot more important conversations to be had. | 我不知道 我是说 我知道还有很多更重要的谈话 |
[22:18] | A lot more important conversations being avoided. | 很多更重要的谈话我们都避开不谈 |
[22:25] | You know why I leave here so early? | 你知道我为什么这么早离开吗? |
[22:28] | I want to get behind my desk before anyone else gets in so I don’t have to answer any questions. | 我想在其他人进办公室前坐到我的办公桌后 这样就不用回答任何问题了 |
[22:33] | ‘Cause,Lee, I don’t know how to answer them. | 因为 Lee 我不知道该怎么回答他们 |
[22:39] | It’s our baby,Lee. And I know we didn’t plan it. | 这是我们的孩子 Lee 我也知道这不在我们的计划中 |
[22:43] | I know you didn’t bargain for it. | 我知道你没预料到 |
[22:45] | I don’t expect you to marry me. | 我并不期望你娶我 |
[22:47] | I’m not asking you to do anything, except… | 我也没有要求你任何事 除了… |
[22:52] | please don’t ask me to go into that party looking like this… | 求你别让我就这副模样去那个派对… |
[22:57] | by myself. | 就我一个人 |
[23:04] | Anyway,you think about it. | 总之 你想想吧 |
[23:15] | See? This whole side of my mouth is,like,dead. | 瞧见了? 我嘴巴这边就跟死了一样 |
[23:18] | Still can’t feel a thing. | 还是什么都感觉不到 |
[23:20] | I think the dentist might have drilled into your brain by accident. | 我觉得牙医也许一不当心钻牙 钻到你的脑子里把你钻傻了 |
[23:23] | All right,Bridge, Marie,come on– it’s almost bedtime. | 好了 Bridge Marie来吧– 睡觉时间要到咯 |
[23:29] | Marie,what’s the matter? | Marie 怎么了? |
[23:31] | Knock,knock. | 叩 叩 |
[23:33] | Go away. I’m not home. | 走开 我不在家 |
[23:41] | What an inscrutable expression. | 你这表情真诡异 |
[23:43] | What has gone through that brain of yours? | 你的脑袋里想什么呢? |
[23:45] | I’m frustrated. | 我烦着呢 |
[23:47] | Well,I could maybe help you with that. | 那个啊 也许我可以帮忙呦 |
[23:49] | Not that kindof frustrated. | 不是那方面啦 |
[23:51] | I want to know where Meredith Burnes is. | 我想知道Meredith Burnes在哪儿 |
[23:54] | You know,this Meredith woman, you know,she’ll show up. | 这个叫Meredith的女人 她会出现的 |
[23:56] | Trust me. She’s not Jimmy Hoffa. | 相信我 她又不是Jimmy Hoffa (Jimmy Hoffa的离奇失踪至今仍是个谜) |
[23:58] | Eventually,they’ll find her, they’ll find the car. | 最终 他们一定会找到她的 会找到她的车 |
[24:00] | There’ll be some DNA or something in the trunk. | 后车厢会留下一些DNA或什么 |
[24:02] | You know, she’ll go up the river. | 你知道 她会从河底浮上来的 |
[24:04] | Hey,you know I’m right. | 嘿 你知道我是对的 |
[24:06] | Oh,is that why you came in here? | 哦 你就为这个进来? |
[24:08] | To harass me with your positivism and your good mood, | 用你的实证论和好心情刺激我 |
[24:13] | now that you’re getting full nights of uninterrupted sleep? | 现在你可以一觉睡到大天亮了? |
[24:16] | Actually,no– I came in here to pass along a request. | 事实上 不– 我进来是为了传达一个请求的 |
[24:20] | What kind of request? | 什么样的请求? |
[24:21] | Well,apparently, it has not gone unnoticed that,uh, you and I no longer share a bed. | 显然 不止我们俩发现 你和我不再分享同一个床了 |
[24:25] | And this is incredibly awkward for me, but,uh,it would appear | 对我来说是难以置信的尴尬 但是 呃 出现了 |
[24:29] | that there’s somebody else who would like to sleep with you. | 其他人想和你一起睡 |
[24:34] | Marie. | |
[24:47] | Look what I’ve got. | 看看我带了什么来 |
[24:53] | Looks great. I’m really not hungry. | 看着很好喝 但我真的不饿 |
[24:56] | Oh,come on. Just a little bit. | 哦 来吧 就喝一点儿 |
[24:59] | I’ve added lots of vitamins and healthy stuff to the ice cream. | 我在这冰淇淋里加了很多维他命 和对健康有益的东西哦 |
[25:02] | Can’t even taste how good it is for you. | 你都想不到这会对你的健康有多好 |
[25:05] | Go on,sweetheart, just a sip. | 喝吧 亲爱的 就啜一口 |
[25:11] | They’re coming this afternoon to dig a hole for the swimming pool. | 他们下午要来挖游泳池的洞哦 |
[25:15] | Really? When will it be finished? | 真的? 什么时候能完工啊? |
[25:18] | In a couple of weeks. Just in time for you to get your strength back and pay us a visit. | 几周后 正好等你恢复体力来看我们 |
[25:24] | – Here,Grandma,you finish it. – No. | – 给你 奶奶 你喝吧 – 不 |
[25:29] | Meredith,what on earth is all that about? | Meredith 到底怎么回事? |
[25:32] | Phoebe has a fever,mother. | Phoebe在发烧呢 妈妈 |
[25:34] | Shouldn’t be drinking out of the same glass. | 不该和她喝同一个杯子 |
[25:35] | Well,she always has a temperature. | 她一直都有烧呀 |
[25:37] | You and I are always around her. | 你和我还不是一直在她左右 |
[25:39] | So clearly, she’s not contagious. | 所以很清楚 她不会传染的 |
[25:45] | But we love you,Grandma. | 但我们爱你 奶奶 |
[25:47] | We don’t want to take any chances with your health. | 我们不能拿你的健康冒任何险 |
[25:49] | Right? | 对吧? |
[25:51] | Right. | 对 |
[26:05] | What? What-What’s the matter? You all right? | 怎? 怎么-怎么了? 你没事吧? |
[26:09] | I suddenly don’t feel so good,Grandma. | 我突然感觉很不好 奶奶 |
[26:11] | My stomach always feels worse after I eat. | 我吃完后胃老是会觉得更难受 |
[26:34] | Manuel. | |
[26:35] | Louise. | |
[26:36] | They pointed to this room, but I wasn’t sure if… | 他们指的是这间房间 但我不确定是否… |
[26:39] | You know Mrs. Dubois. | 你认识Dubois太太吧 |
[26:42] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:44] | Oh,you found your glasses. | 哦 你找到你的眼镜了 |
[26:45] | Oh,these? No,they’re new. The others never did turn up. | 哦 这个? 不 这是新的 旧的一直没再出现过 |
[26:48] | – Well,they’re lovely. – Thank you. | – 那个 这副很好看 – 谢谢 |
[26:50] | Please. | 请坐 |
[26:52] | So I’m sure you’re curious why we called you, asked you to come down here. | 你肯定想知道为什么我们要把你叫来 |
[26:57] | Well,I was hoping that you’d have some news. | 恩 我希望你们有什么消息 |
[27:00] | Although,I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why you,uh,called me and not Jim. | 尽管 我拼了老命也想不出 为什么你们 呃 打给我而不是Jim |
[27:05] | Well,actually, there is some news,of a sort. | 实际上 是有些消息 |
[27:09] | Are you familiar with Mrs. Dubois here? | 这位Dubois太太面熟吧? |
[27:12] | I know the two of you have spoken, but have you heard about who she is,what she does? | 我知道你们说过话 但你听说过她是谁 是干什么的吗? |
[27:17] | Well,I didn’t when we first met, but,uh,my husband told me about you this morning. | 这个 我们第一次见面我并不知道 但我丈夫今天早上把你的事告诉我了 |
[27:22] | Allison had a dream last night. | Allison昨晚做了个梦 |
[27:24] | It was about Meredith. | 是关于Meredith的 |
[27:26] | You’re kidding. W – Where… did you see her? Where was she? | 开玩笑 哪儿… 你在哪儿见到她的? 她在哪儿? |
[27:30] | I – It wasn’t that kind of dream. It was set in the past. | 不是那种梦 是过去的情景 |
[27:34] | Meredith was in it,you were in it,Phoebe was in it. | Meredith在那儿 你也在那儿 Phoebe也在 |
[27:38] | Phoebe? | |
[27:39] | Meredith was taking care of her. | Meredith在照料她 |
[27:41] | You weren’t convinced that what she was doing was best for the child. | 你不太确信她是真的照顾好了孩子 |
[27:46] | Louise,the more time and effort we put into investigating where Meredith is, | Louise 我们花越多时间和努力 在调查Meredith的去向上 |
[27:50] | the more we seem to be discovering about who Meredith was. | 就似乎越来越了解Meredith 到底是怎样的人 |
[27:54] | What she was capable of. | 她有能力做怎样的事 |
[27:58] | Did you… encourage her to get away? | 你有没有… 支持她离开? |
[28:02] | Uh,help her in any way? Perhaps give her some money? | 任何形式上的帮助? 或许是给她点钱什么 |
[28:08] | I’m… I’m sorry. This meeting is over. | 我… 我很抱歉 我们只能谈到这里 |
[28:15] | I know how you feel,Louise. I have three daughters of my own. | 我了解你的感受 Louise 我自己也有3个女儿 |
[28:17] | But you can’t protect Meredith forever. | 但你不能永远保护Meredith |
[28:21] | Tell me,Mrs. Dubois, what would one of your daughters have to do before you could say, | 告诉我 Dubois太太 你的女儿做出什么事情来才会让你说 |
[28:24] | “That’s it,I’m done.” | “到此为止 我受够了” |
[28:27] | I can’t protect her anymore. | 我再也不能保护她了 |
[28:32] | I’m so sorry I couldn’t have been more… help to you both. | 抱歉我不能… 帮到你们俩什么了 |
[28:54] | Interesting schedule you’re on. | 你的日程表还真有趣 |
[28:56] | Think I’m quite the night owl last couple of weeks. | 我这2周夜猫子得很呢 |
[28:58] | So will I be seeing you at my little soiree tomorrow night? | 所以说我能在明晚的小聚会上看到你吗? |
[29:01] | Lynn left me a voice mail. | Lynn给我留了封语音留言 |
[29:02] | I know she’s gonna be there, but a,uh, certain police detective seems to be playing hard to get. | 我知道她会去 但 一个 某个侦探似乎有点难请 |
[29:08] | What can I tell you? | 我该怎么跟你说呢? |
[29:09] | Well,you can tell me if you’re gonna be there or not. | 你可以跟我说你会去还是不去 |
[29:11] | So if I show up at the last minute, you’re not gonna let me in? | 所以要是我最后一分钟才出现 你就不准备让我进咯? |
[29:14] | You never know. | 这可说不准 |
[29:16] | You guys okay? | 你们俩没事吧? |
[29:19] | No,we’re good. It’s just,uh, something’s come up; I guess we have to deal with. | 嗯 我们很好 只是 呃 出现了些情况 我猜我们得好好解决 |
[29:23] | Ihave to deal with. Have to figure out how I feel about it. | 我要处理 得搞清楚 我到底是怎么想的 |
[29:28] | Think I was kind of hoping it’d just go away, but it’s not going anywhere. | 我指望着问题会自己消失 但根本不可能 |
[29:32] | Am I supposed to know what you’re talking about? | 我该知道你在说什么吗? |
[29:33] | Are you kidding? I’m not sureIknow what I’m talking about. | 你在开玩笑吗? 我自己也不知道我在说什么 |
[29:39] | You know the great thing about being alone? | 知道单身的好处吗? |
[29:43] | There’s no one to let down. | 就是不会让任何人失望 |
[29:48] | So will I see you there? | 那我会在那里见到你吗? |
[29:52] | If I’m there, you will definitely see me. | 如果我去了 你就会见到我了 |
[29:58] | She’s covering for her. She’s absolutely covering for her. | 她在袒护她 明显是在袒护她 |
[30:01] | She gave her money, sent her away someplace. I just know it. | 她给她钱 送她离开 我知道 |
[30:05] | At one point, she actually admitted it. | 可以说 她都已经承认了 |
[30:08] | She asked me,”Is there anything one of your daughters could do that would make you turn your back on her?” | 她问我”你女儿做什么事情 会让你决定放弃她?” |
[30:12] | And you know,when she asked that, I understood. | 她问的时候 我能感同身受 |
[30:16] | If it was one of our children… | 如果那是我们的孩子… |
[30:19] | Could you do it? Could you turn her in? | 你会那么做吗? 你会告发她吗? |
[30:29] | Joe. | |
[30:32] | Joe. | |
[30:36] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[30:39] | I’m confused. | 我搞糊涂了 |
[30:41] | Didn’t you say you’ve been sleeping straight through the night? | 你不是说你昨晚一觉到天亮吗? |
[30:43] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 怎么了? |
[30:46] | Well,you just,you just fell asleep right here, right now. | 你打瞌睡了 就在这里 刚刚 |
[30:51] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这太没道理了 |
[30:57] | Maybe I should call that doctor again in the morning. | 也许早上我该再给医生打个电话 |
[31:01] | Well,I know our insurance isn’t gonna cover it, but I think maybe you should get a second opinion. | 我知道我们的医保不够用 但我觉得你该换个医生 |
[31:08] | Must be 115 out there today. | 今天外面一定有115度 |
[31:11] | Try not to let it hurt my feelings that you’re finally getting around to putting in a pool. | 你终于肯修个游泳池了 试着别让我太伤心 |
[31:16] | 15 years after I leave home. | 在我离家15年之后 |
[31:18] | For a little girl who isn’t even really your granddaughter. | 为了一个算不上你亲生的小女孩 |
[31:23] | You know I’m kidding. | 你知道我在开玩笑 |
[31:24] | Oh,yes, I know you’re kidding. | 是啊 我知道你在开玩笑 |
[31:27] | I can’t stay long. What’d you want to talk about? | 我不能呆太久 你想谈什么? |
[31:30] | I want to talk about Phoebe. | 我想谈谈Phoebe |
[31:32] | I’m worried that she’s getting sick all the time. | 我很担心她总是生病 |
[31:36] | Fevers, stomachaches. I – I spoke to some doctors who find it very puzzling. | 发烧 胃痛 我和几个医生谈过 他们也觉得很奇怪 |
[31:41] | I mean,she has a, she has a heart condition, not an immune deficiency. | 她 她患的是心脏病 而不是免疫缺陷 |
[31:46] | I don’t know what to tell you,Mother. | 我不知道要怎么跟你说 妈妈 |
[31:48] | She’s sick. She’s sick a lot. | 她病了 病得很严重 |
[31:52] | Has been as long as I’ve been taking care of her. | 一直从我照顾她开始 |
[31:54] | I know,dear. That’s why we should get a second opinion. | 我知道 亲爱的 因此我们才该换个医生 |
[31:57] | Then run some more tests. | 做些更多的医疗测试 |
[31:59] | I mean,m-maybe there’s something that we can do that will help. | 或许我们还能帮上忙 |
[32:04] | No,I don’t think so. | 不 我不这么认为 |
[32:07] | I’m not putting Phoebe through that. I’m not putting Don through that. | 我不想让Phoebe再承受这些事 我也不想让Don承受这些事 |
[32:10] | – Meredith… – I said no,Mother. | – 我说了不 妈妈 |
[32:12] | Phoebe’s not yours,she’s mine. | Phoebe不是你女儿 是我女儿 |
[32:15] | And I’ll decide when and if she needs to see more doctors. | 由我来决定什么时候 以及她是否需要见其他医生 |
[32:20] | Is that it? Is that why I came all the way over here? | 这就事吗? 你让我来就为这事? |
[32:23] | Because I really need to get home now. | 我现在真的要回去了 |
[32:25] | It’s almost time for Phoebe’s lunch. | 差不多到了Phoebe吃午饭的时候了 |
[32:27] | I’m so sorry,Meredith. | 我很抱歉 Meredith |
[32:30] | Maybe there’s something that I could’ve done when you were a child, but I didn’t see it. | 或许有些事 在你小的时候我就该做了 但是我没意识到 |
[32:35] | What are you talking about,Mother? | 你在说什么 妈妈? |
[32:36] | Maybe your father and I were-were too indulgent. | 可能是你父亲和我太宠你了 |
[32:39] | You were an only child. You were the center of our universe. | 你是家中的独子 我们总是围着你转 |
[32:44] | And maybe, maybe you were just born this way. | 也可能 可能你生来就是如此 |
[32:49] | Maybe you came into the world… | 可能你来到这世上的时候… |
[32:52] | with something missing. | 少了些什么 |
[32:54] | Something… crucially important. | 一些… 至关重要的东西 |
[32:58] | Well,at any rate,I am still your mother, | 无论如何 我还是你母亲 |
[33:02] | and I need to take responsibility for you. | 我要对你负责 |
[33:06] | And I need to protect Phoebe. | 我要保护Phoebe |
[33:09] | Phoebe? Why is everything always about Phoebe? | Phoebe? 干嘛老扯上Phoebe? |
[33:17] | Mom… Oh,my God. | 妈妈… 噢 天哪 |
[33:22] | Something’s wrong. What’s going on? | 不太对劲 怎么了? |
[33:26] | Now,it’s all right. It’s all right, sweetheart. Here,just sit here. Just relax. | 没事的 没事的 甜心 这里 躺在这里 放轻松 |
[33:31] | – Mom… – It’s okay. | – 妈妈… – 没事的 |
[33:33] | – Mommy,what’s happening? – It’s all right. | – 妈妈 发生什么事了? – 没事了 |
[33:35] | Just close your eyes. Close your eyes. I’m here. I’m here. | 闭上眼睛 闭上眼睛 我在这里 我在这里 |
[33:38] | It’s all right. Close your eyes. | 没事了 闭上眼睛 |
[33:43] | I’m right here. | 我就在这里 |
[33:47] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[34:09] | The great plays, the great movies, the great books that have been written about family, | 经典的戏剧 经典的电影 经典的书籍 每每描绘到家庭 |
[34:14] | they would all like you to believe that blood is thicker than water. | 都是为了让我们相信血浓于水 |
[34:18] | But in real life, a broken heart can sometimes make blood run thin… | 但是在现实生活中 一颗受伤的心 会使血变得稀薄… |
[34:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:24] | and water run thick. | 水变得浓厚 |
[34:27] | Mrs. Leaming? | Leaming夫人? |
[34:31] | Well,good morning. | 噢 早上好 |
[34:33] | I hope you don’t mind. I tried to ring the bell, but nobody answered. | 希望你不要介意 我按过门铃 但没人回应 |
[34:36] | Oh,no,no,no. That’s fine. This is where the action is. | 不不 没关系 这地方太热闹了 |
[34:40] | What brings you by here this morning,Mrs. Dubois? | 是什么风把你吹来了 Dubois夫人? |
[34:44] | I had another dream last night. | 昨晚我又做了一个梦 |
[34:46] | Really? | 是吗? |
[34:47] | You were in it. Meredith was in it. | 梦里有你 还有Meredith |
[34:53] | You were serving her iced tea. | 你在招待她喝冰红茶 |
[35:00] | I have to tell the district attorney what I know. | 我得告诉检查官我知道的一切 |
[35:11] | I’d rather you didn’t. | 我希望你别这么做 |
[35:16] | But I’m confused. ut what ur daughter was doing,**** | 但我很迷茫 当你发现 你女儿的所作所为 为什么不报警? |
[35:21] | Because she’s my daughter. | 因为她是我女儿 |
[35:24] | I couldn’t let Phoebe know what Meredith had done to her. | 我不能让Phoebe知道 Meredith对她做了些什么 |
[35:30] | And I couldn’t let my son-in-law spend his life blaming himself. | 我也不能让我女婿一辈子自责 |
[35:36] | And my husband? No,no,no,no,no. | 还有我丈夫? 不不不 |
[35:40] | I just couldn’t do it. | 我不能这么做 |
[35:44] | I need to protect Phoebe. | 我必须保护Phoebe |
[35:49] | This way, Meredith is… just gone. | 这样 Meredith… 只是离开了 |
[35:54] | And everybody misses her, and when they think of her, | 所有人都很想念她 当他们想起她 |
[35:57] | they think of a loving wife, mother,daughter… | 会认为她是一个 好妻子 好母亲 好女儿… |
[36:02] | that they believe that she was. | 他们都相信她是 |
[36:07] | Grandma. | 外婆 |
[36:20] | F – For what it’s worth, I don’t… | 不管是真是假 我不… |
[36:24] | actually know where the body is. I don’t… I don’t even know where to find it. | 不知道尸体在哪里 我不… 甚至不知道上哪儿去找 |
[36:30] | Maybe there’s not that much to tell my boss after all. | 可能根本就没什么好跟我上司说的 |
[36:36] | You do what you have to. | 你必须忠于职守 |
[36:44] | I… | 我… |
[36:50] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[36:53] | Could you do me a favor and give these to Mrs. Leaming. | 能帮我个忙 把这个交给Leaming夫人吗? |
[36:56] | We’re about to lay out the steel framing for the swimming pool. | 我们正要构筑游泳池的框架 |
[36:59] | And they were lying at the bottom,in the dirt. | 这是池底的找到的 在泥土里 |
[37:01] | – You found these at the bottom of the pool? – Yeah. | – 这是池底找到的? – 是的 |
[37:17] | Where’s your other half? | 你的另一半呢? |
[37:19] | Oh,doctor’s office. He’ll be here soon. | 噢 在医生办公室 他马上就来 |
[37:21] | You,uh,you see the Leamings– James,Louise? | 你看到Leamings一家了吗– |
[37:25] | Why? Did you think they’d really come here? | 怎么了? 你真觉得他们回来? |
[37:27] | No,not really. | 不 不一定 |
[37:29] | Not after all their family’s been through; not after the grilling we gave Louise yesterday. | 尤其在他们家经历这一切 尤其在昨天我们讯问了Louise之后 |
[37:34] | Still,in all, I feel badly. I feel like I haven’t been a very good friend. | 直到现在 我还是很难过 我觉得我不是个好朋友 |
[37:39] | Sir,I think there’s something I need to tell you. Something I discovered today. | 长官 我想有些事必须要告诉你 今天我发现了一些东西 |
[37:46] | Excuse me,Allison. Apparently I have an urgent call. I’ll be right back. | 不好意思 Allison 我要去接个紧急电话 马上回来 |
[37:59] | Just****** | 我到了 要等你吗? |
[38:30] | Sir. Will you be dining alone? | 先生 你一个人用餐吗? |
[38:34] | Why,do I look lonely? | 怎么 我看起来很孤单吗? |
[38:50] | – You’ll never guess…I got a telephone call from James Leaming. – There’s something I really need to tell you about Louise Leaming… | – 你不会猜到…我接到James Leaming的电话 – 有些Louise Leaming的事必须要告诉你… |
[38:54] | – What? – Excuse me? No,you first. | – 什么? – 什么? 不 你先说 |
[38:56] | No,no,no,you first. You said you got a call? | 不不不 你先 你说你接到个电话? |
[38:59] | I sure did– from Councilman Leaming and you won’t believe it– | 没错– 是Leaming议员打来的 真不敢相信– |
[39:01] | they’re on their way to the hospital right now. | 他们正在去医院的路上 |
[39:03] | A heart for Phoebe just became available. | 找到了和Phoebe匹配的心脏 |
[39:05] | They’re flying it in to Phoenix as we speak. | 正空运到菲尼克斯 在我们通话的时侯 |
[39:07] | That little girl’s going to get a transplant. | 那小女孩要进行移植手术了 |
[39:09] | – That’s amazing news. – Yeah. | – 真是个好消息 – 是啊 |
[39:11] | Jim said that Phoebe’s elated,but that Louise, Louise is over the moon. | Jim说Phoebe很开心 而Louise Louise欣喜若狂 |
[39:21] | And what did you want to tell me? | 那你想告诉我什么? |
[39:23] | No,no,no,no. No,it’s nothing. | 不不不 没什么 |
[39:46] | – Hey,stranger. | – Hey,stranger. – 嘿 陌生人 – 嘿 陌生人 |
[39:50] | Okay,so I’ll ask. What’s new? | 好吧 我来问 有什么新鲜事? |
[39:53] | I don’t know. So what’s new with you? | 不知道 你有什么新鲜事吗? |
[39:58] | Congratulations! | 恭喜! |
[40:04] | Congratulations,Lynn. | 恭喜你 Lynn |
[40:07] | You look great. | 你看起来真棒 |
[40:09] | Congratulations,Lynn. | 恭喜你 Lynn |
[40:30] | I’m an ass. | 我是个混蛋 |
[40:32] | A big ass. My ass. | 一个大混蛋 我的混蛋 |
[40:49] | So what do we do now? | 那我们现在该干嘛? |
[40:50] | How about we get through this as quick as we can, so we can get home– | 不如我们尽快摆脱这里 就可以回家– |
[40:54] | have all those important conversations that need to be had. | 好好谈谈那些重要的事 |
[40:57] | All those important conversations that keep being avoided. | 那些很重要 我们却一直回避的事 |
[41:18] | You here with anybody? | 你和别人一起来的吗? |
[41:21] | You look happy. | 你看起来很开心 |
[41:24] | I like this new doctor. | 我喜欢这个新的医生 |
[41:26] | Oh,you do? | 噢 是吗? |
[41:27] | Yeah,he’s one of those old guys– real wise,really smart. | 对 他也是个老家伙– 非常英明 十分聪明 |
[41:31] | So what did he say? | 他说了什么? |
[41:32] | You know,he said pretty much the same thing that the first doctor said. | 他说了些第一个医生说过的话 |
[41:36] | He seemed to feel pretty strongly that I’m sleep deprived. | 他似乎可以明显看出我缺乏睡眠 |
[41:39] | Yeah,so I told him all about you. | 我就跟他说了你的事 |
[41:42] | I bet you did. | 我就知道 |
[41:43] | Yeah,told him everything. You know what he said? | 没错 告诉他一切 你知道他是怎么说的? |
[41:47] | Oh,I can only imagine. | 噢 我能想象得出 |
[41:49] | He said that,”If I had a wife like that, I would sleep with her every chance I got.” | 他说 “如果我有那样的老婆 我会把握每个机会和她同床共枕” |
[41:54] | – That doesn’t make any sense. – I know,that’s what I thought. | – 他没道理这么说 – 我知道 我也这么想 |
[41:58] | So I said,”What about the sleep deprivation?” | 我就说 “那缺乏睡眠怎么办呢?” |
[42:00] | You know what he said? He said,”That’s why God invented naps.” | 知道他怎么回答的? 他说”所以上帝创造了打盹这东西” |
[42:04] | – Really? – Really. | – 真的? – 真的 |
[42:07] | I like this new doctor. | 我喜欢这个新医生 |
[42:09] | So,uh,so what are you saying? You want to come home with me tonight? | 那你怎么说? 今晚想跟我回家吗? |
[42:12] | Maybe sleep together? | 或许同床共枕? |