时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | M******* | 麦克餐馆 |
[00:18] | Excuse me. Can you give me a hand? | 打扰了 能帮个忙吗? |
[00:20] | I’m looking for Scofield Road. | 我正在找斯科菲尔德大道 |
[00:22] | The map says it’s near the rock quarry. | 地图标记着它就在采石场附近 |
[00:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:32] | Thanks for the help. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[00:43] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[00:47] | Hello? Anybody back there? | 有人吗? 有人在店里吗? |
[01:14] | I told her– I told Leanne we couldn’t live without each other. | 我告诉过她– 我告诉过Leanne 没了彼此我们都没法活 |
[01:24] | But she wouldn’t come back to me. | 但她就是不肯回到我身边 |
[01:28] | No… No,no,no, no,no,no,no. Wait… | 不… 不不不 等等… |
[01:34] | M******** | 麦克餐馆凶杀案 |
[01:45] | Nice to see you again,Mrs. Dubois. | 很高兴又见面了 Dubois女士 |
[01:48] | I hope I didn’t frighten you. | 我希望没吓到你 |
[01:51] | Agent Cooper? What are you doing here? | Cooper探员? 你在这儿干嘛? |
[01:53] | I told you I never want to see you again. | 我说过我不想再见到你 |
[01:56] | Actually,I’m here to make a peace offering. | 事实上 我是来跟你和解的 |
[01:59] | Did you ever hear of a murderer nicknamed “The Gentleman Caller”? | 你听说过一个被称为 “温柔绅士”的连环杀人犯吗? |
[02:03] | Abducted five young women back in the 1980s? | 发生在八十年代 他绑走了5个年轻姑娘? |
[02:06] | Never was caught. | 却逍遥法外 |
[02:08] | For a while now, the police have assumed that he’s either dead or in prison on some unrelated crime. | 一直以来 警方以为他已经死亡 或者因其他犯罪已入狱 |
[02:15] | They’re wrong. | 但他们错了 |
[02:18] | The Gentleman Caller is very much alive. | 温柔绅士活的很好 |
[02:22] | Would you like his name and address? | 你要他的名字和地址吗? |
[02:27] | What are you doing? | 你这是在干嘛? |
[02:28] | I told you, I’m attempting to make amends. | 我说过了 我是想试着弥补过错 |
[02:34] | His name is Kyle Hawkins. | 他叫Kyle Hawkins |
[02:37] | Kyle Hawkins,huh? | Kyle Hawkins 嗯? |
[02:41] | When he would finish with his victims, he liked to bury them on the edge of Phoenix. | 在他折磨完受害者之后 喜欢把她们埋在凤凰城的边境 |
[02:46] | The only problem is, a housing development is going up at that location. | 唯一的问题是 房产开发部正在那里动工 |
[02:50] | They’re breaking ground in a week. | 他们会在一周内破土开工 |
[02:52] | So,tonight he’s going to dig up the remains of his girls | 所以今晚他会把 那些姑娘的残骸挖出来 |
[02:57] | and move them to a safer place. | 然后转移到一个更安全的地方 |
[02:59] | If you instruct the police to go to the very end of of Gayley Hill Drive | 如果你指引警方去盖利山道的尽头 |
[03:04] | at approximately 8:30, you’ll catch him in the act. | 在八点半左右 你们就能当场抓住他 |
[03:09] | No ambiguity,Mrs. Dubois, no room for deception. | 千真万确 Dubois女士 绝无虚言 |
[03:24] | Kyle Hawkins… | |
[04:05] | Medium Season05 Episode07 A Necessary Evil | 第7集 不可或缺之恶 |
[04:14] | Kyle Hawkins? | |
[04:16] | That’s what Agent Cooper said his name was. | Cooper探员说是这个名字 |
[04:17] | Agent Cooper. Tips from the dead. | Cooper探员 死者为你指点迷津 |
[04:20] | Well,he was one of the FBI’s best profilers. | 噢 他曾是FBI最出色的侧写师之一 |
[04:23] | Emphasis on the “was.” | 重点是”曾是” |
[04:24] | Look,I don’t know how seriously to take this either. | 瞧 我也不知道要怎么处理这事 |
[04:26] | The man certainly had no problem lying to me in the past. | 这男人对我撒谎也能脸不红心不跳 |
[04:30] | On the other hand,if what he’s saying is the truth… | 但是 如果他说的是真的… |
[04:33] | Okay,I suppose we can spare a couple of squad cars tonight. | 好吧 如果今晚调动出几辆警车 |
[04:37] | In the meantime,I’ll see what I can find out about this Hawkins fellow. | 同时还得看能否追查到Hawkins这家伙 |
[04:40] | See if there actually is a Hawkins fellow. | 是不是真有这么个人存在 |
[04:44] | Is there something else? | 还有其他事吗? |
[04:45] | Actually,there is. | 其实还有一件事 |
[04:48] | Just before I discovered Agent Cooper in my kitchen, I had a dream about… | 在我发现Cooper探员 出现在我家厨房之前 我梦到了… |
[04:52] | I guess you could call it a massacre. | 我想可以称之为屠杀 |
[04:55] | It happened at a place called Mike’s Diner. | 发生在一个叫麦克餐馆的地方 |
[04:57] | Armed gunman went in, shot everybody inside. | 凶手持枪进去 杀了里面所有的人 |
[05:00] | I’m not sure where Mike’s Diner is, | 我不能肯定麦克餐馆在哪里 |
[05:02] | other than it may be near a place called Scofield Road, | 可能靠近一个叫斯科菲尔德大道的地方 |
[05:06] | which is supposed to be near a rock quarry. | 那附近应该有一个采矿场 |
[05:08] | I have no idea when it happened, or if it’s happened yet, | 我不知道那是什么时候发生的 或者是否已经发生了 |
[05:12] | but it seemed to have occurred during the daytime. | 不过似乎发生在白天的事 |
[05:15] | Mike’s Diner,Scofield Road, rock quarry. | 麦克餐馆 斯科菲尔德大道 采矿场 |
[05:18] | Oh,and the shooter was upset with his girlfriend– his ex-girlfriend– Leanne. | 噢 凶手似乎是不爽他女友 — 他的前任女友– Leanne |
[05:23] | She works there. | 她在那里工作 |
[05:25] | One serial killer, one diner massacre– got it. | 一个连环杀手 一起餐馆大屠杀 — 知道了 |
[05:30] | Anything else? | 还有什么事? |
[05:33] | Thanks for coming all the way to the airport to see me. | 谢谢你大老远来机场见我 |
[05:35] | Of course,you’re the boss. Happy to do it. | 当然了 你是老板 我很乐意这么做 |
[05:41] | What brings you to Phoenix? | 你怎么来凤凰城了? |
[05:42] | Oh,refuel on the way to Japan. | 噢 去日本前先加趟油 |
[05:45] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[05:48] | I realized I had a whole 45 minutes here. | 我要在这里等上整整45分钟 |
[05:51] | Thought maybe I’d use it to talk to you about staffing. | 我想可以利用这段时间 和你谈谈人事变动的事 |
[05:54] | Staffing? | 人事变动? |
[05:56] | I want to hit you with a name. | 说个名字给你听 |
[05:59] | Hal Munzell. | |
[06:02] | After 20 years an arrest has finally been made in the notorious “Gentleman Caller” murders. | 20年之后 臭名昭著的”温柔绅士” 谋杀案终于将凶手逮捕归案 |
[06:07] | Police,acting on an anonymous tip, discovered Kyle Hawkins digging a hole… | 警方 根据匿名线报采取行动 发现Kyle Hawkins正在挖坑… |
[06:13] | Can you believe that? | 你相信吗? |
[06:14] | What’s that? | 相信什么? |
[06:15] | Kyle Hawkins. | |
[06:17] | He was exactly where Agent Cooper said he would be. | 他的确就在Cooper探员说的地方 |
[06:19] | Doing exactly what Cooper said he’d be doing. | 确实做着Cooper说的事 |
[06:23] | Maybe he really is sorry. Maybe he meant what he said. | 可能他真的感到内疚了 可能他这次说的是真心话 |
[06:26] | Maybe. | 有可能 |
[06:29] | Oh,come on. I just helped solve a 20-year-old murder case. | 噢 拜托 我刚刚帮忙破获了一件 悬而未决20年的凶杀案 |
[06:34] | I’m sorry. I just can’t understand why Terry is so impressed with this guy. | 抱歉 我只是搞不懂 Terry为什么对这家伙印象那么好 |
[06:38] | This is the most unspectacular resume I’ve ever seen. | 这是我见过最不起眼的简历了 |
[06:42] | Didn’t you already call him, ask him to come in? | 你打过电话给他 请他面试了吗? |
[06:44] | Well,I left him a message. | 噢 我给他留了口信 |
[06:47] | What choice did I have? | 我还有什么选择? |
[06:50] | Who knows,with any luck, maybe he won’t get back to me. | 谁知道 幸运的话 可能他不会回应我 |
[06:53] | Oh,I guess I spoke too soon. | 噢 我想太晚了 |
[06:55] | Nope,I don’t think so. I think it’s mine. | 不 我觉得不一定 是我的电话 |
[07:03] | Hello. | 喂 |
[07:04] | I’m guessing you’re the reason our esteemed district attorney sent me out here | 一定是因为你 我们德高望重的检察官 才会派我来这里 |
[07:07] | to the middle of nowhere to visit Mike’s Diner. | 到这种荒郊野外找麦克餐馆 |
[07:09] | You’re kidding. You’re out there? | 开玩笑吧 你在那里? |
[07:11] | I just left. | 我刚离开 |
[07:12] | Had some excellent chicken pot pie,too,by the way. | 顺便吃了些美味的鸡肉派 |
[07:15] | So everything’s okay? | 那一切都安然无恙? |
[07:17] | Well,it depends how you define okay. | 那要看你怎么定义安然无恙了 |
[07:19] | That waitress you told Manny about, Leanne,she’s fine. | 你跟Manny提过的那个 女侍应Leanne 她很好 |
[07:22] | So are all the people at the diner. | 其他在餐馆的人也很好 |
[07:24] | That’s terrific news. | 那真是个好消息 |
[07:26] | Yeah,well,hold that thought. | 对 别太早下结论 |
[07:30] | You don’t happen to be anywhere near a computer,do you? | 你旁边有电脑吗? |
[07:32] | ‘Cause I’m about to send you an e-mail. | 我想发一封邮件给你 |
[07:37] | There. This guy look familiar? | 看 这男人眼熟吗? |
[07:39] | Hold on,I’m just getting the e-mail open. | 等等 我正打开邮件 |
[07:47] | Oh,my God. | 噢 天哪 |
[07:49] | This the guy you saw massacre everyone at that diner? | 你看见是这男人杀了餐馆里所有人? |
[07:52] | Oh,Lee… | 噢 Lee… |
[07:53] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧? |
[07:54] | I’m going to take that for a yes. | 那就是咯 |
[07:56] | The guy’s name was Adam Dietz. | 这男人名叫Adam Dietz |
[07:58] | Leanne gave us his address. I guess the two of them are an item. | Leanne给了我们他的住址 我想他们俩是一对 |
[08:01] | No,were an item. Apparently she left him after he lost his job. | 不 曾经是一对 显然在他失业后 她就离开了他 |
[08:06] | Poor guy was about to lose his house,too. | 这可怜的家伙连房子也快没了 |
[08:09] | Even left a handy suicide note, lest there’d be any confusion about what he did or why he did it. | 还手写了自杀遗言 以免对他的死和死因产生怀疑 |
[08:14] | So he never even went over there? | 那他根本就没去过那里? |
[08:16] | He never threatened anyone at all? | 他没有威胁过任何人? |
[08:18] | Nope. | 没有 |
[08:19] | Hey,that’s the good news. | 嘿 那可是个好消息 |
[08:21] | Looks like the only life this guy took was his own. | 看来这家伙唯一夺走的 只有自己的性命 |
[08:24] | I guess we’ll compare notes in the morning,huh? | 我想我们明早在碰头讨论? |
[08:26] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[08:28] | ****** | 给关心我的人 我的生活已经一无所有 没有爱 没有光 没有希望 没有痛苦 |
[08:43] | No,wait, I don’t want to do this. | 不 等等 我不想这么做 |
[08:44] | – Don’t make me do this. – Fine. | – 别逼我这么做 – 好 |
[08:46] | Shall I shoot you in the groin now? | 要我现在开枪射你下身吗? |
[08:49] | Adam,we talked about this. | Adam 我们都说好的 |
[08:51] | Either you hang yourself or I shoot you six times. | 要么你上吊自杀 要么我送你六枪 |
[08:54] | First shot in the groin. We wait ten minutes. | 第一枪下身 然后等十分钟 |
[08:56] | Second shot in the eye. We wait another ten. | 第二枪是眼睛 然后再等十分钟 |
[08:59] | Third shot in the Adam’s apple… | 第三枪是喉结… |
[09:00] | All right,all right, I’m sorry! Never mind! | 好了好了 很抱歉! 不管了! |
[09:08] | Now jump. | 快跳 |
[09:10] | Please,no, I don’t think I can. Don’t make me do this. | 求你别 我做不到 别逼我 |
[09:13] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[09:14] | You can do it, Adam,it’s easy. | 你做得到 Adam 很容易的 |
[09:16] | Please,no! Don’t make me do this! | 求你 别! 别逼我! |
[09:27] | – Hi,Sheila. – **** | – 嗨 Sheila – 早安 Joe |
[09:32] | – Can I help you? – Hal Munzell. | – 我能帮你吗? |
[09:35] | I received your message on my voice mail. | 我在语音信箱听到了你的留言 |
[09:37] | Oh,right,yeah. I asked you to call me. | 噢 对对 我让你打电话给我的 |
[09:39] | I know. I thought this might be better. | 我知道 我想直接过来会更好 |
[09:43] | Oh,well,to be honest, I prefer to sort of set aside some time and,you know… | 噢 老实说 我更喜欢安排好时间… |
[09:47] | Is this a bad moment? | 现在不是时候吗? |
[09:49] | Have you got an appointment? | 你已经有预约了吗? |
[09:51] | Am I disrupting something? | 我打扰到你了吗? |
[09:54] | No,it’s all right. You’re fine. Have a seat,Mr. Mun-Munzal? | 不 没关系 请坐 Mun-Munzal先生? |
[09:59] | – Munzell. – Munzell | – Munzell. |
[10:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:04] | All right,yeah,I was looking– I was | looking at your r茅sum茅 last night. 对了 我– 我昨晚在看你的简历 |
[10:08] | Here we go. | 找到了 |
[10:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:13] | Well,I see that you moved around quite a little bit. | 我想你换工作次数有些频繁 |
[10:15] | You don’t seem to stay in one place for very long and I just was curious why that might be. | 你似乎在一个地方待不长 我很好奇是什么原因 |
[10:20] | I suppose that over time, I find that I don’t much like my colleagues, | 我想是时间久了 我发现我不太喜欢我的同事 |
[10:25] | or perhaps they find that they don’t much like me. | 或许是他们不太喜欢我 |
[10:32] | Um,my boss,Terry Cavanaugh, he took a real shine to you. | 嗯 我老板Terry Cavanaugh 他很看好你 |
[10:36] | Um,where did you… where did you two meet? | 嗯 你们两个在哪里… 在哪里遇见的? |
[10:39] | We were at a conference. | 在一个会议上 |
[10:40] | He made a pass at the woman I was with. | 他非礼了我女朋友 |
[10:47] | Okay. Well,um,I… | 好的 嗯 我… |
[10:51] | I’m just starting to meet people, and I see you’re at… | 我才刚开始进行面试 我看到你在… |
[10:54] | at Taylor-Hammond in Houston, which is good,um, | 休斯顿的泰勒哈蒙德公司工作过 那很好 |
[10:58] | because it may be a while before I figure out exactly which way I’m gonna go with this position. | 因为这有助我考虑怎么安排职位 |
[11:03] | You know,listen,when I was on the plane with Terry… | 听着 当我和Terry都在飞机上时… |
[11:06] | You were on the plane with Terry? | 你和Terry都在飞机上? |
[11:07] | He mentioned that you were struggling with the dye sensitizer mechanisms in your solar cell. | 他提过你正为太阳能电池的 燃料敏化技术犯愁 (该技术降低制作成本 提高电池效用) |
[11:12] | And I put some thought into it, and I came up with some ideas. | 我潜心研究过这种技术 我想到了一些方法 |
[11:15] | Thought maybe you would like to take a look. | 也许你会想看一看 |
[11:17] | I don’t know what to tell you, Allison. | 我不知道要怎么跟你说 Allison |
[11:19] | It just didn’t look like a murder to me. | 在我看来 这不像是谋杀 |
[11:20] | Well,it may not look like it,but I’m telling you, | 可能看起来是不像 但我告诉过你 |
[11:22] | that man was forced to put that rope around his neck. | 那男人是被逼着把绳子套上脖子的 |
[11:24] | And what about the note the guy left? | 那他写的遗言怎么解释? |
[11:25] | You telling me he was forced to write that,too? | 你要说他是被强迫着写的 对吗? |
[11:27] | Yeah,as a matter of fact,I am. | 对 事实上 我是要这么说 |
[11:31] | Allison,look at the physical evidence. | Allison 看看物证 |
[11:33] | There were no signs of forced entry, no signs of struggle, no defensive wounds. | 没有强行闯入的迹象 没有打斗迹象 没有抵抗伤痕 |
[11:37] | And it’s not like the guy didn’t have a reason to do what he did. | 他也不是没有动机那么干 |
[11:39] | Lee… | |
[11:39] | Allison,what is it you’d like me to do? | Allison 你想要我怎么做? |
[11:42] | The only physical description you’ve given me is,the guy was wearing a hoodie. | 你唯一给我的外形描述就是 那家伙穿着连帽衫 |
[11:44] | Do I haul in every male in the Phoenix metro area who owns a hoodie? | 我要把凤凰城主城区里 所有穿连帽衫的男人都叫来审问吗? |
[11:48] | And need I remind you that just 24 hours ago, you told me you saw the victim– | 要我提醒你就在24小时前 你告诉我你看到了死者– |
[11:51] | the exact same guy I saw swinging from a rafter last night– massacre a diner full of people? | 就是我昨晚看到在房梁上吊的那个人 — 残杀了餐馆里所有的人? |
[11:56] | I’m sorry, no offense, but you’re not on your A game here,lady. | 抱歉 没有冒犯你的意思 但别再来你那套托梦追凶了 女士 |
[11:59] | I think maybe you just need to take a step back. | 或许你该歇一歇了 |
[12:02] | You’d be hard-pressed to find a more unlikable human being. | 说他第二讨厌 没人能认第一 |
[12:05] | Well,don’t hire him. | 噢 那就别聘用他 |
[12:06] | Well,I wouldn’t, except for two things. | 我是不想 但基于两点 |
[12:08] | My boss is championing the guy, and these drawings are amazing. | 我老板极力推荐 而且这些图纸真的很不错 |
[12:12] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[12:13] | Well,look,when I met the guy, I couldn’t figure out why Terry would have anything to do with him, | 瞧 在我见他的时候 我搞不懂Terry为什么会看好他 |
[12:16] | but now I look at the work,I totally get it. | 但现在看了这些图纸 我完全明白了 |
[12:19] | I mean,this guy really is a spectacular thinker. | 这家伙的想法真的很出色 |
[12:22] | His solution for our dye sensitizer problems really are amazing. | 他对我们公司燃料敏化问题的 解决方案设计得非常好 |
[12:26] | I mean,I don’t think I have a choice. | 我我觉得别无他选了 |
[12:30] | Okay,that’s it. It’s done. | 好的 就这样 完成了 |
[12:33] | What’s done? | 什么完成了? |
[12:35] | I just wrote Terry and told him I’m hiring his friend. | 我刚给Terry发了邮件 告诉他我雇佣了他朋友 |
[12:38] | And then,I e-mailed Hal. | 然后 我发邮件给Hal |
[12:41] | Told him I’d be interested in having him start as soon as possible. | 告诉他我很愿意聘用他 越快越好 |
[12:44] | Wow,you really are a man of action. | 哇 你真是个有行动力的男人 |
[12:46] | No,I just know the inevitable when I see it. | 不 我只是觉得这是迟早要做的事 |
[12:50] | Besides,you don’t have to… | 另外 你也不用… |
[12:52] | like everyone you work with,right? | 喜欢每个和你共事的人 对吗? |
[12:55] | I’m trying to build a company, not start a club. | 我是在经营一个公司 而不是俱乐部 |
[13:00] | Spoken like a true captain of industry. | 说得你像个工业巨头似的 |
[13:03] | Which is great, ’cause it might just be time for me to retire. | 这也不错 因为我也是时候退休了 |
[13:07] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[13:09] | Well,I don’t know.It seems more and more lately, | 我不知道 只是最近越来越明显 |
[13:12] | the things that I see, the things that I dream, there’s not a lot to them. | 我看到的事 梦到的事 都对他们没什么用 |
[13:17] | If that’s the case, what’s the point? | 如果真是那样 又何必吃力不讨好呢? |
[13:35] | Is this sleeplessness a product of your excitement over the capture of the Gentleman Caller? | 失眠就是你抓到温柔绅士之后 兴奋不已的后果吗? |
[13:41] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你了 |
[13:43] | No,thank you. | 不 谢你才对 |
[13:44] | We both know it wouldn’t have happened without your help. | 我们俩都知道 没你的帮忙这案子不会破 |
[13:47] | I’m just pleased that we’ve finally begun to repair our relationship. | 我只是高兴 我们终于可以开始 修复我们的合作关系了 |
[13:52] | You gave me some good information,and I’m grateful, but I wouldn’t call this… | 我给了我一些有用的信息 我很感激 但我不会称之为… |
[13:56] | this association a relationship. | 这种来往是段什么关系 |
[14:03] | Michael Bradley. | |
[14:10] | Who’s Michael Bradley? | 谁是Michael Bradley? |
[14:12] | A serial rapist with a predilection for women with blonde hair. | 一个有金发女人癖的连环强奸犯 |
[14:16] | He’s struck four times over the last 18 months. | 近18个月内犯案4起 |
[14:19] | Two of his victims were high school students. | 其中的2名受害者还是高中生 |
[14:22] | The last girl that he attacked fought back. | 最后一名女孩儿是被他从背后袭击的 |
[14:25] | And the police were able to recover a hair sample. | 警方收集到了一个头发样本 |
[14:29] | If they could locate this man and procure some of his DNA, | 要是他们能锁定那个男人 取得一些他的DNA |
[14:34] | I think that they would find a perfect match. | 我想一定会完全吻合 |
[14:38] | Convicting him would be a relatively simple matter. | 要定他的罪就轻而易举了 |
[14:41] | Tell me, Mrs. Dubois. | 告诉我 Dubois太太 |
[14:46] | Would you like his home address? | 你想要他的地址吗? |
[14:49] | ******* | 亲爱的Doug 我没法再忍受那痛苦了 爱你 |
[15:11] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[15:13] | You have to. | 你必须做 |
[15:16] | But I don’t understand. | 但我不能理解 |
[15:18] | You’re just a boy. | 你还只是个小男孩 |
[15:27] | Allison… | |
[15:29] | this police report is crystal clear. | 这份警方报告很清楚 |
[15:31] | Three weeks ago,Rachel Stetson took her own life,period. | 三周前 Rachel Stetson自杀了 句号 |
[15:33] | End of story. | 故事结束 |
[15:34] | I’m telling you, she was forced to inject herself, just like that man was forced to hang himself. | 我现在告诉你 她是被逼朝自己注射的 就像那男人被逼上吊一样 |
[15:39] | By some boy? | 被某个小男孩? |
[15:40] | This woman was being treated for chronic depression– | 这女人长期接受慢性抑郁症的治疗– |
[15:43] | she even said as much in the note that she left for her husband. | 她甚至在留给她丈夫的纸条里也说了 |
[15:45] | I think the boy told her what to write. | 我认为是那个男孩叫她这么写的 |
[15:48] | Okay. I’ll play along. So,there’s this teenager. | 好吧 就顺着你的 所以 有这么一个青少年 |
[15:52] | He can get in and out of houses and apartments without leaving any sign of forced entry. | 他能够不留任何强行闯入的痕迹 随意出入别人房子 |
[15:58] | And without firing a single shot, he can convince people two, | 而且一枪都不开 就能说服那些比他年龄大2、3倍的人 |
[16:02] | three times his own age to take their own lives without putting up a struggle. | 不作任何反抗地结束自己的生命 |
[16:05] | Forget how– why? | 先不说他怎么办到的– 他的动机是什么? |
[16:08] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[16:12] | I’m not trying to embarrass you. | 我没想让你丢脸 |
[16:14] | What would you like me to do? | 但你指望我怎么做? |
[16:16] | I can’t really assign a detective, because no actual crimes have been reported. | 我实在不能批准一起 没有实际犯罪的调查 |
[16:20] | I could put you with a composite artist, but once we have a sketch, what would we do with it? | 我可以让你跟临摹师合作画像 但当我们有了草图 接着怎么做呢? |
[16:26] | I mean,if you had a name, I could have someone interview the kid, | 我是说 要是你有个名字 我还能找人审审这个孩子 |
[16:28] | at least determine where he was on the nights in question, but without a name, I’m really at a loss. | 至少确定那些晚上他在哪儿 但连名字都没有 我就真的束手无策了 |
[16:33] | You know, the detective assigned to the youth crimes task force… | 负责青少年犯罪的刑警… |
[16:38] | he keeps an up-to-date collection of all the high school yearbooks in the metro area. | 收集了市里所有高中的年鉴 |
[16:43] | If you want to,maybe you could flip through those, see if you could find his picture, get a name. | 如果你愿意 也许可以去翻翻那些 看能不能找到他的照片 查到名字 |
[16:48] | Thank you. I’d like that. | 谢谢 我会去的 |
[16:50] | Oh,here,sorry. I almost forgot. | 哦 给 抱歉 差点忘了 |
[16:58] | “Michael Bradley, 1714 Andover Lane.” | “Michael Bradley 安度华路1714号” |
[17:01] | Forgive me,what is this? | 不好意思 这是? |
[17:03] | That’s the address for the serial rapist you’ve been looking for, | 那是你一直在找的连环强奸犯的地址 |
[17:05] | the one who likes blonde high school girls. | 就是喜欢金发高中女生的那个 |
[17:09] | – Really,is this something you dreamed? – No. | – 真的 是你梦到的吗? – 不 |
[17:12] | But I think it’s reliable information. | 但我想这是可靠的信息 |
[17:14] | I had nothing to do with it. | 不是我的功劳 |
[17:18] | Dad? | 爸爸? |
[17:20] | Everything okay? | 一切都好吗? |
[17:22] | I don’t know. Where did you get these? | 我不知道 这些你是哪儿来的? |
[17:26] | these? | 这些? |
[17:28] | Oh,a fellow who came in looking for a job gave them to me– why? | 哦 一个来找工作的朋友给我的– 怎么了? |
[17:31] | I know this is gonna sound strange, but I think I had a dream about them last night. | 我知道这听上去很怪异 但我想我昨晚梦到它们了 |
[17:36] | About these? About schematics? | 这些? 这些图表? |
[17:40] | I pretty much put it out of my head until I saw them sitting on your laptop just now. | 我差不多都忘了 但刚刚看见它们 放在你的笔记本电脑上 |
[17:44] | Okay,what about them? | 好吧 它们怎么了? |
[17:45] | I can’t imagine they’d make much of a dream. | 我想象不出能梦到什么 |
[17:48] | Well,they didn’t really. | 那个 跟这些不完全一样 |
[17:51] | There was this guy, and he was standing in the middle of nothing with some papers in his hand. | 是个男人 手上拿着些纸 站在荒无人烟之处 |
[17:56] | And he kept screaming, “These are mine. | 他不停地大叫 “这些是我的” |
[17:58] | “Tell your father these are mine. They belong to Clay.” | 告诉你父亲 这些是我的 是属于Clay的” |
[18:11] | The police haven’t arrested Michael Bradley yet. | 警察还没逮捕Michael Bradley |
[18:15] | You scared me. | 你吓到我了 |
[18:18] | They’re staking out his apartment. They’ll… they’ll pick him up soon. | 他们在他家门口监视 马上… 马上就会抓住他的 |
[18:21] | I wouldn’t be so sure of that. | 这我可不大确定 |
[18:22] | I overheard Bradley’s brother tip him off about the stakeout. | 我偷听到说Bradley的哥哥 警告他有人监视他了 |
[18:26] | Now he’s hiding at a friend’s apartment. | 现在他躲去他朋友家了 |
[18:29] | It’s on the corner of Western and Del Mar. | 在西边街和德尔码街交界处 |
[18:32] | Wait a second. Western and Del Mar? | 稍等 西边街和德尔码街交界处? |
[18:35] | Thank you. I’ll pass that along. | 谢谢 我会转告警方的 |
[18:38] | So… what’s with this sudden fascination with high school boys? | 所以… 怎么突然对高中男生着迷了? |
[18:43] | I’m looking for this killer that I’ve been dreaming about. | 我在找我梦到的杀人犯 |
[18:47] | I think he goes to this high school. | 我觉得他上的是这所学校 |
[18:49] | I can’t question him. I can’t go in the school and ask about him. I have no evidence. | 我不能审问他 不能进学校打听他 我没证据 |
[18:54] | Just wanted to see him in the flesh, make sure I was right. | 只想亲眼看看他本人 确定我是对的 |
[18:58] | What do you mean,no evidence? | 你什么意思 没有证据? |
[19:00] | There’s always evidence. | 证据无所不在 |
[19:02] | If there is murder,slaughter of some kind,there’s evidence. | 只要有凶杀 杀戮 就有证据 |
[19:05] | No,you’re wrong. He’s very clever. He makes it look like suicide. | 不 你错了 他很聪明 他把一切弄得就像自杀一样 |
[19:09] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[19:10] | You indicated that he was a serial offender. | 你暗示他是连环杀手 |
[19:13] | Serial offenders are, by their nature,peacocks. | 连环杀手天性就爱炫耀 |
[19:17] | They almost never disguise their crimes. | 他们几乎从不掩饰自己的罪行 |
[19:20] | They want their activities written about. | 他们希望有人为自己的行为著书立传 |
[19:22] | They want their personas speculated about. | 有人深入分析自己的个性 |
[19:26] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Dubois. I’m skeptical. | 抱歉 Dubois太太 我持怀疑态度 |
[19:32] | Well,you’re not alone. | 好吧 不止你一个 |
[19:42] | Pretty raw. | 好冷清啊 |
[19:44] | Kind of interesting. | 有趣 |
[19:47] | So,what is it you want to show me? | 所以 你想给我看什么? |
[19:53] | What’s so damned important? | 什么该死的那么重要? |
[20:00] | What’s this? What am I looking at? | 这是什么? 我看的是什么东西? |
[20:03] | Uh,it’s an obituary for a,uh… a guy named Clay Barrett. | 是一份死亡报告 叫Clay Barrett的男人 |
[20:07] | 37– he was young. | 37– 他很年轻嘛 |
[20:09] | What’s this got to do with me? | 这跟我有什么关系? |
[20:10] | Um,he died four months ago of a brain aneurysm. | 呃 他四个月前因脑部动脉瘤去世 |
[20:12] | Before that,he worked at Taylor-Hammond. | 在那之前 他在Taylor-Hammond任职 |
[20:15] | Um,he was something of a wunderkind. | 他算是个神童 |
[20:17] | He taught grad seminars on the dye sensitization of solar cells when he was an undergraduate, | 他大学没毕业就给研究生上关于 太阳能电池的染料敏化的课程 |
[20:22] | when he was,like,a sophomore. | 那时他大概上大二 |
[20:24] | Um,now,Hal Munzell shared an office with him for two years. | 然后 Hal Munzell和他共用过 同一个办公室2年 |
[20:29] | I know you’re very excited about Hal’s designs, but I’m worried that they might not be his. | 我知道您很欣赏Hal的设计 但我担心那个也许并不属于他 |
[20:38] | That’s a serious accusation,Joe. | 这是个很严重的指控 Joe |
[20:42] | Who’s making it? Somebody at Taylor-Hammond? | 谁告诉你的? 某个Taylor-Hammond的员工? |
[20:45] | Actually,my source did work at Taylor-Hammond. | 实际上 消息提供者 是曾在Taylor-Hammond工作 |
[20:49] | Did? | 曾? |
[20:50] | He longer works there. | 现在不在了 |
[20:53] | I didn’t actually talk to him myself. | 我并不是亲自跟他谈的 |
[20:56] | Uh,he reached out through somebody that,um… | 呃 他是通过某个… |
[20:59] | that I’m very close to,somebody that I really trust. | 跟我很亲近的人传达的 我100%相信那个人 |
[21:04] | Fine. Can you give me a name? | 好的 能告诉我名字吗? |
[21:07] | I’d rather not. | 恐怕不能 |
[21:09] | Well… | 这… |
[21:11] | is there any proof, anything to back this story up? | 有什么证据吗 能支持这个故事成立的? |
[21:14] | No,uh,but like I said, this is somebody that I trust. A lot. | 不 但就像我说的 这是某个我信任的人说的 非常信任 |
[21:19] | Well… I’m sorry, maybe you trust this person, | 这… 抱歉 也许你信任这个人 |
[21:24] | but I don’t think I could let a man go | 但我认为我不能随便开除一个人 |
[21:26] | on the say-so of some unnamed,disgruntled former colleague. | 就因为某个心怀不满的 匿名前员工说了些什么 |
[21:31] | – It’s not like that. – It’s exactly like that. | – 不是这样 – 的的确确就是这样 |
[21:35] | According to you, this person couldn’t even screw up enough courage to make the accusation in person. | 根据你的说法 这人甚至没有勇气站出来当面指证 |
[21:39] | Had to go through some third party. | 还得通过第三者来传达 |
[21:44] | Frankly,Joe,I’m surprised you’d waste my time with this. | 坦白讲 Joe 我很惊讶 你竟为了这个浪费我的时间 |
[21:53] | Terry,you know about my wife,right? | Terry 你知道我妻子的 对吧? |
[21:57] | You telling me you got this idea from your wife? | 你是说这是你妻子告诉你的? |
[22:01] | No,actually,it came from my daughter. | 不 事实上 是我女儿说的 |
[22:07] | I’m tired. | 我很累 |
[22:08] | I’ve been on a plane all day. I’m still not home. | 一整天在飞机上 现在还没回到家 |
[22:12] | So I shouldn’t care that he might be a thief? | 所以我不该在意他也许可能是个小偷? |
[22:17] | Hey,I’d care if you could prove it. | 嘿 要是你能证明 我就在意了 |
[22:19] | But you can’t. | 但你不能 |
[22:21] | You don’t want Hal on your team,fine. | 你不想让Hal进你那组 可以 |
[22:24] | All you have to do is to beat his idea. | 你只需要想办法击败他的设计 |
[22:27] | Save me more time, save me more money. | 替我节省时间 节省钞票 |
[22:30] | If you can’t do that… | 要是你做不到… |
[22:40] | You forgot to clean the outside of the cylinder. | 你忘了清理汽缸外面 |
[22:44] | Remember how I showed you? | 记得我怎么教你的吗? |
[22:47] | Congratulations,by the way. | 恭喜你 顺便说一句 |
[22:50] | You followed my instructions to the T. | 你按照我的指示一一做了 |
[22:54] | Apparently,there’s not a shred of physical evidence to tie you to the deaths of these people. | 很显然 没有一丁点儿物证 可以证明你和这些人的死有关 |
[23:02] | That’s impressive. | 真叫人叹为观止 |
[23:04] | That’sveryimpressive. | 极其叹为观止 |
[23:08] | And the way you slipped in and out of that house and that woman’s apartment. | 还有你进出那些房子的手法 |
[23:14] | You have a real talent for this line of work. | 你真是有干这行的天份 |
[23:19] | I keep thinking about them,though. Both of them. | 我老是忘不掉他们俩 |
[23:25] | The way they pleaded for their lives, you know,the looks on their faces. | 他们如何恳求我留他们一命 他们脸上的表情 |
[23:29] | The guy was so scared. That woman… | 那男人怕得要死 那女人… |
[23:34] | she was so sad. | 她好悲伤 |
[23:36] | That will pass, but the accomplishment will live on, | 那些都会过去的 但是成就会永存 |
[23:42] | and that’s what you need to revel in,young man, the accomplishment. | 这才是你需要陶醉其中的 年轻人 这份成就感 |
[23:47] | If you hadn’t done what you did, that man would have gotten up the next morning, | 要是你没这么做的话 那男人第二天起来 |
[23:52] | gone to that diner and snuffed out all those lives. | 就会去那个小餐馆杀了所有人 |
[23:56] | Saving seven or eight innocent souls in the return for the death of one sociopath– | 杀一个精神病 拯救7个或8个无辜的灵魂– |
[24:04] | I’d say that’s a pretty good trade. | 我会说这笔交易很值得 |
[24:13] | If you’re calling the police, I wouldn’t bother. | 你打算报警? 要我就不会 |
[24:17] | By the time they were able to search young Brandon’s home, the weapon would be long gone. | 等他们去搜小Brandon家时 凶器早就不在了 |
[24:25] | How long did it take, once you realized he was sensitive, | 花了你多久? 从你发现他很敏锐 |
[24:30] | that he could see you,hear you? | 可以看见你 听到你说话? |
[24:32] | How long did it take? | 花了多久? |
[24:36] | What’s the difference? | 有区别吗? |
[24:39] | I need someone to help me, and you were unwilling. | 我需要人帮我 你又不肯 |
[24:44] | He’s a child! | 他还只是孩子! |
[24:46] | You’ve got him killing for you! | 你却要他为你杀人! |
[24:51] | You’re a monster. | 你真是个怪物 |
[24:53] | I’m a monster? What about Adam Dietz? | 我是怪物? 那Adam Dietz呢? |
[24:56] | You dreamt about what he was prepared to do to everyone in that diner. | 你也梦到他准备 对餐馆那些人做什么了 |
[25:00] | And Rachel Stetson,that woman that you saw injecting herself. | 还有Rachel Stetson 那个你见到对自己注射的女人 |
[25:04] | Did you know that she was a nurse? | 你知不知道她是个护士? |
[25:07] | Perhaps you also heard that she was struggling with depression. | 也许你还知道她正在和抑郁症抗争 |
[25:12] | But what you couldn’t have been aware of was her growing sense of despair | 但你不知道她内心的增长的绝望 |
[25:17] | over the deterioration of the health care system she labored in. | 对她工作的那间护理中心的失望 |
[25:22] | She had actually become convinced that death | 她已经开始相信死亡 |
[25:26] | might just be preferable to the level of care | 也许比她能提供的照料 |
[25:29] | that she was able to provide. | 对病人更好 |
[25:32] | So convinced that if Brandon had not done what I had asked him to do, | 所以 要是Brandon 没按我要求的那样做 |
[25:38] | she would have secretly and purposefully euthanised 16 patients before she was caught! | 在她被抓到前 就会秘密地 有预谋地让16个病患安乐死! |
[25:44] | We are talking about a child! | 我们谈论的是个孩子! |
[25:46] | – It cannot continue! – Itmustcontinue! | – 不能继续下去了! – 必须得继续! |
[25:51] | You and I have done a lot of good together. | 你和我一起做了很多好事 |
[25:54] | over the past few days. | 这些天以来 |
[25:56] | We have put some terrible people in prison. | 我们让一些很恶劣的人进了监狱 |
[25:59] | That can continue,Mrs. Dubois. | 可以继续的 Dubois太太 |
[26:02] | I’ll keep sharing information with you, good information, | 我会跟你跟你分享信息 好的信息 |
[26:07] | but only if you allow my other work to go on unimped. | 但前提是你保证我另一项工作不受干扰 |
[26:12] | That’s what this is all about,isn’t it? | 你的目的就是如此 对吧? |
[26:14] | You knew I was dreaming about you and the boy. | 你知道我梦到了你和那个男孩 |
[26:18] | That’s why you came to see me in the first place. | 所以你第一时间来见我 |
[26:21] | Did you actually think that if you gave me enough information about criminals we weren’t able to catch, | 你当真觉得只要你给我足够的信息 让我们能抓到一直抓不到的罪犯 |
[26:27] | that I would let you two keep murdering people? | 我就会让你们俩继续杀害别人吗? |
[26:32] | Good night,Agent Cooper. | 晚安 Cooper探员 |
[26:41] | You won’t be able to catch him. You won’t be able to stop him. | 你抓不到他的 也阻止不了他 |
[26:44] | There’ll be no evidence– I’ll make certain of that. | 没有任何证据– 我会确保这点 |
[26:48] | I’m already in his head. | 我已经占据他的脑袋了 |
[26:50] | You can’t save him. | 你救不了他 |
[26:52] | There’s virtually no “him” left to save. | 几乎已经没有拯救余地了 |
[26:55] | Why not reconsider? | 干嘛不重新考虑一下呢? |
[26:58] | It’s such an elegant arrangement. | 多妙的安排啊 |
[27:02] | Promise me you’ll sleep on it. | 答应我睡觉的时候考虑看看 |
[27:11] | Hey,Hal,when you’re all settled in, I’d like to go over your plans for the dye sensitizer. | 嘿 Hal 你安顿好后 我想跟你过一遍 你那个燃料敏化的方案 |
[27:17] | See if we can’t tie up a few loose ends. | 看看能不能确定一些细节问题 |
[27:21] | What’s wrong with the plans I gave you? | 我给你的方案有什么问题? |
[27:23] | No,nothing. They helped a lot. | 不 没什么 它们帮助很大 |
[27:25] | But we still need to figure out how to get better absorption out of the semiconductor. | 但我们仍需研究出如何更好地 去除半导体的吸收性 |
[27:29] | And we need to address the electron recombination in the mediator level. | 我们还得确定电子在中频重组的问题 |
[27:40] | Yeah. Oh,yeah. | 好吧 |
[27:45] | May I? | 可以吗? |
[28:05] | What’s going on,Hal? | 怎么了 Hal? |
[28:11] | I’m gonna be perfectly honest with you,Joe. | 我老实跟你说吧 Joe |
[28:15] | I’m not really an office kind of a guy. | 我不是那种办公室派的 |
[28:19] | I tend to do my very best work at my house. | 我在家才能达到最佳状态 |
[28:22] | There are fewer distractions there, | 比较不受干扰 |
[28:23] | I can really focus on the problems that I need to solve, | 我就能专心投入我想解决的问题 |
[28:26] | and if it’s all the same to you, I’d really like to take these home with me and noodle with them there, | 要是对你没什么影响的话 我想带回家做 |
[28:31] | and bring you my absolute best as opposed to whatever I can muster here. | 绝对比我在这里做得好 |
[28:47] | Brandon? Brandon Whitman? | |
[28:49] | My name’s Allison. I’m friends with Agent Cooper. | 我是Allison 是Copper探员的朋友 |
[28:56] | You’re wrong. I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m nothing like you. | 你错了 我都不知道你在说什么 我就没一点像你的 |
[28:58] | You’re exactly like me. You can see him. so can I. | 你绝对跟我一样 你能看见他 我也能 |
[29:02] | The only difference is, I don’t kill for him. | 唯一的不同点是 我不做他的杀手 |
[29:18] | Where is everybody? | 别的人呢? |
[29:20] | Uh,”everyone” is my mom. | “别的人”就是我妈 |
[29:23] | Everyone’s at work. And when everyone’s not at work, everyone’s with her boyfriend. | 别的人总是在上班 没上班的时候 就跟她男朋友在一起 |
[29:27] | So… what do you want? Why are you in my house? | 你想要什么? 你为什么在我家? |
[29:31] | I work for the district attorney’s office. | 我在地检办公室工作 |
[29:36] | I want to help you. | 我想帮你 |
[29:41] | I don’t need any help. | 我才不需要什么帮助 |
[29:42] | Yes,you do. You could be tried for murder. | 不 你需要 我们可以告你谋杀 |
[29:44] | I don’t think so, ’cause all those people you keep talking about, they killed themselves. | 我可不这么想 你说的那些人 他们可都是自杀的 |
[29:48] | No,they decided to end their lives quickly rather than face the slow death you were threatening. | 不 他们宁愿自我了结 也不愿被你慢慢折磨致死 |
[29:53] | Can you prove that? | 你有证据吗? |
[29:59] | Hey,Brandon,I’m offering you a way out. | Brandon 我想帮你找到出路 |
[30:04] | Come with me to the district attorney’s office. | 跟我去地检办公室 |
[30:06] | We will explain what happened. | 我们解释清楚 |
[30:09] | How you started hearing Cooper’s voice in your head. | 你是怎么开始听到Copper的声音 |
[30:12] | How your mom tried to get you treatment and medication, but it didn’t work. | 你妈妈如何让你去接受治疗吃药 但不起作用 |
[30:15] | You’re still a minor. | 你还是未成年人 |
[30:18] | The court will show you mercy. | 法庭会酌情处理的 |
[30:21] | Mercy? | 酌情? |
[30:25] | They should give me a medal. | 他们该给我颁奖 |
[30:28] | Do you know how many lives I’ve saved? | 你知道我救了多少人吗? |
[30:30] | I go to school,I look at all the other kids. | 我去上学 看到别的孩子 |
[30:33] | You know,the captain of the football team, the girl who stars in all the plays, | 足球队队长 亮眼的女孩 |
[30:36] | and they’re like the overachievers,the ones who get in all the good colleges; | 就是那些所谓绩优生 能进好大学 |
[30:39] | the one that everybody talks about. What have they done? | 人人称羡 但他们做了什么? |
[30:41] | Played a game,sang a song? Look at whatIdo. | 打场比赛? 唱歌? 你看看我做了什么 |
[30:45] | All the people in that diner were going to die. | 那餐厅的人都会死 |
[30:47] | All the patients that woman cared for, she was gonna kill. | 那个女人照料的病人 都会被她杀死 |
[30:50] | And you’re gonna stop us? Why? | 而你要阻止我们? 为什么? |
[30:51] | Because it’s wrong. | 因为这是错的 |
[30:52] | But it’s not wrong! | 但这没错! |
[31:02] | You know… | 你知道吗… |
[31:04] | when he first started appearing to me, I would ignore him; pretend I couldn’t see. | 他最初出现的时候 我故意无视他 假装我看不到 |
[31:11] | He was screaming at me about this guy in Scottsdale. | 他冲我嚷嚷 说那个Scottsdale的家伙 |
[31:14] | Said he was depressed. Said he was gonna take his.38 | 说他很抑郁 说他会用他的点三八式手枪 |
[31:16] | and shoot his wife and two kids right before he blew his own brains out. | 射杀他妻子和两个孩子 然后饮弹自尽 |
[31:21] | Agent Cooper asked me if I would do something about it. | Cooper探员问我想不想做点什么来改变 |
[31:23] | He said he’d show me how to get in the house, what to say,what to do. | 他说他能告诉我怎么进入那房子 该说些什么 该怎么做 |
[31:28] | I just ignored him. | 我无视了他 |
[31:32] | The next day,I wake up, my mom’s watching the news. | 第二天我醒来 我妈妈在看新闻 |
[31:34] | “Murder-suicide in Scottsdale.” | “Scottsdale的谋杀-自杀案” |
[31:36] | Some guy snaps, kills his whole family. | 有人杀了他全家 |
[31:39] | I could have saved them. | 我本应该能救他们的 |
[31:42] | No. | 不 |
[31:46] | You know I’m right. | 你知道我是对的 |
[31:47] | No,I don’t. | 不 我不认为 |
[31:48] | It’s like he always says, “Just do the math.” | 就像他常说的”做个算术” |
[31:52] | You kill one guilty person, you save two innocent ones. | 你杀了一个有罪的人 能挽救两个无辜的人 |
[31:54] | You kill 20, you save a hundred. | 杀了20个 能救回100个 |
[31:56] | You kill a hundred, you save a thousand. | 杀了100个 能救回1000个 |
[31:59] | – Do the math. – This isn’t math! | – 你做做算术 – 这不是算术 |
[32:02] | This is something else. | 这是不一样的 |
[32:03] | It’s vigilantism, and it’s wrong. | 这是把你自己凌驾于法律之上 这不对 |
[32:06] | No,it isn’t. | 不 不是 |
[32:11] | It’s really kind of perfect. | 这是完美的 |
[32:14] | Anyway,you’re gonna have to leave. I have… homework. | 随便吧 你得走了 我还有家庭作业 |
[32:24] | Honey,you coming to bed? | 亲爱的 你能睡觉了吗? |
[32:26] | yeah… someday. | 睡 总有一天吧 |
[32:30] | Well,what if you can’t do it? | 要是你想不出来怎么办? |
[32:31] | What if you can’t come up with a solution that improves on Hal’s? | 要是你想不出来办法 改善Hal的设计怎么办? |
[32:34] | Don’t say that. Don’t even put that out there. | 别这么说 想都别这么想 |
[32:41] | Maybe I should just surrender. | 也许我该投降 |
[32:42] | Maybe I should just get used to the fact that Hal– | 也许我就该接受事实 |
[32:44] | thieving,slimy, untrustworthy Hal is someone that | 习惯那个偷窃成性 磨磨唧唧无法信任的Hal |
[32:48] | I’m going to just have to see every day of my professional life. | 会出现在我往后职业生涯中每一天 |
[32:51] | When and if he chooses to come into the office,that is. | 当然 如果他选择来办公室的话 |
[32:56] | You all right if I stay out here for a bit? | 我多呆一会儿你没问题吧? |
[32:59] | I’ll see you soon. | 一会儿见 |
[33:04] | Daddy? | 爸爸? |
[33:06] | – Daddy? – Yeah. | – 爸爸? – 怎么 |
[33:09] | Ariel. Ariel,what’d you– what’s going on? Everything all right? | Ariel Ariel 你在做什么? 没事吧? |
[33:13] | What time is it? Oh,God. What are you doing up? | 几点了 你起来做什么? |
[33:16] | I don’t know. It’s like midnight or something. | 我也不知道 可能半夜了吧 |
[33:21] | I had another dream about that Clay guy. | 我又梦见那个叫做Clay的家伙了 |
[33:24] | He wanted me to tell you something. | 他想让我告诉你些事情 |
[33:26] | Oh you did? What? | 是吗? 是什么? |
[33:28] | He wants you to look at something called the Mellinger Equation. | 他想让你参考什么Mellinger方程式 |
[33:31] | “Mellinger Equation”? Do you mean Mallinger? | “Mellinger方程式”? 你是说Mallinger? |
[33:35] | Yeah. | 是 |
[33:36] | He says you’re supposed to “apply 1-ethyl-3 and then extrapolate it from four vectors”. | 他说你应该”运用1-ethyl-3 然后延伸出四个矢量” |
[33:42] | What? | 什么? |
[33:44] | He kept screaming it at me, until I promised I’d wake up and write it down. | 他一直冲我嚷嚷 直到我答应他醒来记下来 |
[33:56] | Why? | 为什么? |
[34:00] | Why did you leave? | 你为什么要走? |
[34:16] | I just got off the phone with the hospital again. | 我刚挂了医院来的电话 |
[34:18] | For the moment at least, he’s,uh… he’s still hanging on. | 至少眼下他还活着 |
[34:22] | – I’ll keep you posted. – I appreciate that. | – 我会让你知道最新进展的 – 多谢 |
[34:26] | It was in front of us the whole time, Terry. We just didn’t see it. | 这一直都在我们眼皮子底下Terry 我们只是没有发现 |
[34:30] | The Mallinger Equation. | Mallinger方程式 |
[34:32] | It really does solve all of our dye sensitizer problems. | 真的解决了我们染色感光剂的问题 |
[34:36] | The key is applying it to a lighter photosensitive material, | 关键就是使用更为感光的原料 |
[34:40] | and then applying Mallinger to four additional surface vectors, | 然后将Mallinger扩展 到四个方向上的矢量 |
[34:43] | thereby reducing the amount of external sensitization that’s required. | 还能削减额外感光催化剂的用量 |
[34:46] | Thereby reducing our material costs by… what? | 这还能节省我们原料成本 多少? |
[34:50] | Three,maybe four percent? | 百分之三? 百分之四? |
[34:51] | It might even go so high as five. | 应该会高达百分之五吧 |
[34:56] | What can I say,Joe? | 我还能说什么呢 Joe? |
[34:59] | I guess I underestimated just how much you dislike working with Hal Munzell. | 我想我低估了你 有多么不想跟Hal Munzell共事 |
[35:04] | Are you on board with this? | 你同意了? |
[35:07] | I’m a man of my word,Joe. | 我说话算话 Joe |
[35:11] | Consider him gone. | 他非走不可 |
[35:14] | Well,if he ever comes back in the office, I’ll be sure to let him know. | 如果他还回办公室 我会告诉他的 |
[35:17] | That’s great,Joe. | 太好了 Joe |
[35:20] | Well,I guess sometimes things do work out the way they’re supposed to. | 有时候事情就会遂你心意 |
[35:24] | Soon,I hope. They’re still operating. Devalos and I are just waiting. | 他们还在做手术 我和Devalos在等 |
[35:33] | Joe,I gotta go. Tell the girls I’ll be home in a bit. | Joe 我得走了 跟孩子们说我一会儿就回去 |
[35:41] | Douglas Reilly just expired. | Douglas Reilly刚刚死了 |
[35:59] | “Dear Joe,I made a decision to end my life tonight…” | “亲爱的Joe 我决定今晚结束我的生命” |
[36:03] | Hello again, Mrs. Dubois. | 又见面了 Dubois夫人 |
[36:06] | Nice note, don’t you think? I’m going to need you to sign that. | 写得真好 你不觉得吗? 我就需要你签个名 |
[36:10] | By the way,I’m have a gun in my left hand which is pointed directly at the center of your spine. | 对了 我的左手拿了一支枪 瞄准了你的脊梁中间 |
[36:16] | A single bullet at this close proximity, | 近距离只需要一颗子弹 |
[36:17] | even allowing for it having to go through the rear of your seat, | 即使是从你的座位后面穿过去 |
[36:20] | should disable but not kill you immediately, causing unimaginable pain. | 也可以让你残废 但不会让你马上死 那种痛 是无法想象的 |
[36:25] | Brandon,don’t do this. | Brandon 别这样 |
[36:26] | Sign the note, put the key in the ignition and drive to the roof. | 签名 发动 开车去停车场楼顶 |
[36:45] | Brandon. Brandon. | |
[36:47] | There are video cameras all over this lot. | 这里到处都有摄像头 |
[36:50] | You’re being recorded right now. | 你现在就会被录下来 |
[36:52] | Not tonight. The system’s down. | 今晚不会 系统被关掉了 |
[36:55] | Will be until it’s serviced tomorrow. | 直到明天维护的时候才会好 |
[36:56] | Agent Cooper is very thorough. You ought to know that by now. | Cooper探员考虑得很周到的 你现在也应该知道了 |
[36:59] | Agent Cooper? This was his idea? | Cooper探员? 这是他的主意? |
[37:03] | Our work is very important. | 我们的工作很重要 |
[37:04] | We can’t let you get in the way of what we’re trying to do. | 我们不能让你成为障碍 |
[37:07] | Now,I’m going to need you to climb up on that wall. | 现在 你爬上墙 |
[37:10] | I can’t do that,Brandon. | 我不能那么做 Brandon |
[37:12] | I think you will. | 你会的 |
[37:13] | I think you’re going to climb up on that wall, and you’re going to jump off it, | 你会爬上那墙 然后跳下去 |
[37:16] | ’cause if you don’t, I will shoot you,Mrs. Dubois. | 如果你不这么做的话 我会开枪的 Dubois夫人 |
[37:24] | You’re going to have to shoot me. | 那你就开枪吧 |
[37:30] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[37:32] | Didn’t Cooper tell you this might happen? | 难道Cooper没有告诉你 这也可能发生吗? |
[37:34] | No he didn’t,did he? ‘Cause he didn’t know. | 他没说 对吧? 因为他不知道 |
[37:36] | Just like he didn’t know about Douglas Reilly. | 就像他根本不知道Douglas Reilly一样 |
[37:42] | who’s Douglas Reilly? | 谁是Douglas Reilly? |
[37:45] | I’m going to get. | 我拿个东西 |
[37:51] | Douglas Reilly is a man who actually did commit suicide last night, | Douglas Reilly是昨晚真正自杀的人 |
[37:56] | and not because anybody was threatening him, but because he lost his wife, | 并不是因为有谁逼迫他 而是因为他失去了他的妻子 |
[38:02] | and he couldn’t imagine spending another day without her. | 他没法想像失去她还能怎么活 |
[38:06] | See him? | 看见了吗? |
[38:09] | His wife’s name was Rachel Stetson. | 他的妻子叫做Rachel Stetson |
[38:16] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[38:18] | well… his wife was a killer. | 他妻子是个凶手 |
[38:21] | So,it’s like Cooper says. Do the math. | 就像Cooper常说的 做个算术吧 |
[38:24] | No,no,no. You do the math. | 不 不 不 你来做个算术 |
[38:26] | His wife hadn’t killed anybody. Anybody. Not yet. | 他的妻子没有杀任何人 |
[38:31] | And I’m starting to think she probably never would have. | 而我开始认为她或许根本就不会杀人 |
[38:36] | Wait a second. What are you saying? | 等等 你说什么? |
[38:38] | I’m saying,honey, the future isn’t fixed. It isn’t certain. It is fluid. | 宝贝 我是说 未来不是固定的 未来是不确定的 是随时都会变化的 |
[38:43] | Agent Cooper couldn’t have known that Rachel Stetson was going to kill all those people. | Cooper探员也无法确定 RachelStetson会杀了那些人 |
[38:48] | Or that somebody wouldn’t have discovered her. | 也不确定是不是真的 会没有人发现她的罪行 |
[38:51] | Or that she wouldn’t have had a change of heart. | 她会不会改变想法 |
[38:53] | Any more than he could have been certain that Adam Dietz was going to walk into that diner | 也无法确定Adam Dietz会走进餐厅 |
[38:57] | and blow everyone away. | 杀害所有人 |
[39:00] | Who’s to say that somebody wouldn’t have stopped him? | 谁能说不会有人阻止他呢? |
[39:03] | Who’s to say that he wouldn’t have stopped himself? | 谁又能说他自己不会放弃呢? |
[39:06] | No! No. | 不! 不 |
[39:09] | No,he saw it. He,he knew it. He was certain of it. | 他看见了 他知道 他很确定 |
[39:12] | He even said you dreamt about it. | 他还说你也梦到了 |
[39:14] | I did. I did. | 我是梦到了 |
[39:16] | My dreams are always, always fooling with me. | 我的梦也经常耍我 |
[39:19] | You can– you can call my husband. | 你可以打电话给我丈夫 |
[39:22] | Call the people I work with. | 打给我的同事 |
[39:24] | So what are you saying? | 你在说什么? |
[39:25] | I’m saying… do the math,Brandon. | 我是说… 做个算术吧 Brandon |
[39:30] | Cooper’s using you. | Coope在利用你 |
[39:32] | He wants you to think that he’s infallible, but he isn’t. | 他想让你认为他是绝对正确的 但他不是 |
[39:38] | I am never gonna jump off that wall. | 我绝不会跳下那堵墙 |
[39:43] | – So,you’re gonna have to kill me. – No. | – 所以你只好杀了我 – 不 |
[39:47] | Or better yet, give me that gun. | 或者 你可以把枪给我 |
[39:51] | Give me the gun,we’re going to get back in the car, | 把枪给我 我们回到车里 |
[39:54] | we’ll drive downstairs, we’ll talk to my boss. | 开车下楼 去找我老板 |
[39:57] | That’s just not an option, Mrs. Dubois. | 没这个选项 Dubious夫人 |
[40:01] | We don’t have much time. Pull the trigger,Brandon. | 我们没有多少时间了 动手 Brandon |
[40:03] | We’ll drive the car away, leave her here, make it look like a carjacking. | 我们把车开走 把她留在这里 把现场弄成劫车案 |
[40:07] | Is what she’s saying right? | 她说的是真的吗? |
[40:09] | Is it possible that I forced those people to kill themselves for no reason at all? | 是不是有可能 我毫无理由的逼死了那些人? |
[40:14] | It’s highly unlikely,Brandon. | 几乎不可能 Brandon |
[40:16] | And we could hardly afford to wait and just let awful things happen. | 我们可不能等着 让这种可怕的事情发生 |
[40:20] | That would’ve defeated our entire purpose. | 那就违背了我们的初衷 |
[40:24] | Now pull the trigger. | 开枪 |
[40:26] | You said she was going to jump! | 你说了她会跳的! |
[40:28] | Give me the gun,Brandon. | 把枪给我 Brandon |
[40:29] | If you don’t kill her, she will arrest you. | 如果你不杀她 她就会逮捕你 |
[40:33] | And you will go to prison. | 把你送进监狱 |
[40:34] | I told you, we’ll go talk to my boss. | 我跟你说了 我们去找我老板 |
[40:36] | I believe that he will recommend that the court show you mercy. | 我相信他会建议法庭酌情的 |
[40:39] | I wouldn’t count on mercy,son. | 我可不指望什么酌情处理 孩子 |
[40:41] | You’ve already had a hand in the deaths of three people. | 你的手上已经有三条人命了 |
[40:47] | Now pull the trigger! | 开枪! |
[40:51] | There you go. | 来吧 |
[40:54] | Don’t. | 不要 |
[40:56] | Now,do what you have to do. | 来 做你该做的事 |
[41:00] | There’s no reason to feel doubt or uncertainty,Brandon. | 对确定的事无须怀疑 Brandon |
[41:05] | Brandon… he is using you. | Brandon…他在利用你 |
[41:10] | None of this is your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[41:12] | Don’t listen to her,Brandon. | 别听她的 Brandon |
[41:16] | What we’re doing is right. | 你所做的一切都是对的 |
[41:18] | We’re making the world better. | 我们在让世界变得更好 |
[41:21] | You’ll see. | 你会看到的 |
[41:23] | Once you’ve actually pulled that trigger, everything will change. | 你知道扣下扳机 一切都会有所改变 |
[41:28] | You’ll feel wonderful. | 你会感到很美好 |
[41:33] | – What are you doing? – Brandon,no! | – 你在做什么? – Brandon 不要! |
[41:42] | Where have you been? I’ve been worried about you. | 你去哪里了? 我好担心你 |
[41:46] | Well,first I was at the hospital. | 开始我在医院 |
[41:49] | And then I was talking to this,this boy’s mother. | 然后我跟这个 这个孩子的母亲说了会话 |
[41:54] | And then… | 然后… |