时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The question we need answered,Julie,is… | Julie 我们需要你回答的问题是… |
[00:04] | if it were a matter of life and death, | 如果在一个性命攸关的时刻 |
[00:07] | coul d you kill another human being to protect your family? | 你能为了保护家人而杀死他人吗? |
[00:12] | Think carefully before you answer,Julie. | 回答之前请三思 Julie |
[00:18] | Of course I could. My family? Of course. How could I not? | 当然能 为了家人? 当然了 为什么不行? |
[00:24] | Let’s see what the polygraph has to say. | 让我们看看测谎仪的分析结果 |
[00:29] | You know what that sound means. Let’s hear it again. | 你知道这种提示音的含义 让我们再听一遍 |
[00:34] | That is the sound of a lie. | 那是代表说谎的提示音 |
[00:40] | I…I don’t know what to tell you, Julie, | 不知道要对你说什么好 Julie |
[00:42] | but,uh,it would appear that the truth has not been told. | 但是 看来你并没有说出实话 |
[00:46] | But don’t feel bad. | 但别难过 |
[00:48] | I’ve been married to some people I’m not so sure I would kill for. | 我也不知道是否会为我老婆杀人 |
[00:52] | We’ll be right back with Julie, and moreTruth Be Told right after this. | 稍后回来和Julie一起 继续”实话实说” |
[01:02] | He had that all planned. | 这都是他计划好的 |
[01:04] | He had all of those jokes on one of those,uh– on a thing,a… | 他把笑话都打在那…那什么上面… |
[01:08] | – Teleprompter. – On a teleprompter. | – 台词提示机 – 在提示机上 |
[01:10] | – Sure. – This is so cool. | – 没错 – 真搞笑 |
[01:12] | Yeah,very cool– if you’re going to make a fool of yourself on national television, | 对 非常搞笑– 想要在全国观众面前丢脸 |
[01:16] | that’s the show to do it on. | 这节目就是最佳选择 |
[01:17] | I think we’re going to need some more wine. | 我再去拿点红酒 |
[01:35] | Oh,good, you’re back. It’s about to start again. | 噢 你回来了 节目快开始了 |
[01:37] | I know you’re going to think it’s the wine,but… | 我知道你们会说是我喝多了 但… |
[01:40] | I could swear I heard something outside. | 我发誓我听到外面有怪声 |
[01:45] | Maybe you shouldn’t go out there. | 或许你们还是别出去看了 |
[01:47] | Maybe it was all in my head. | 可能只是我的错觉 |
[01:49] | We’re just going to take a look around,all right? We’ll be right back. | 我们就在周围看看 好吗? 马上就回来 |
[01:56] | Now,where exactly did you hear the sound? | 你到底是在哪里听到怪声的? |
[01:58] | I was standing in here. I didn’t even put the lights on. | 我就站在这儿 没有开灯 |
[02:03] | I grabbed some wine at… here. | 我拿了瓶红酒… 这里 |
[02:08] | Listen. | 听 |
[02:12] | I don’t hear anything outside. | 我没听到外面有什么声音 |
[02:14] | It-It’s more like it’s coming from… | 更像是从… |
[02:22] | What is going on? What are you watching? | 发生什么了? 你在看什么? |
[02:26] | The news just got boring and you were asleep and I found this. | 新闻很无聊 你睡着了 我就找了这片子来看 |
[02:30] | Oh,this was so scary in college. | 噢 在大学看的时候吓坏了 |
[02:33] | Could you shut it off and we can go to bed? | 快关了 上床睡觉吧? |
[02:36] | Your bad movie is making its way into my bad dreams. | 你那恐怖电影会让我做噩梦的 |
[03:16] | Medium Season05 Episode08 Truth Be Told | 第8集 实话实说 |
[03:29] | God,I hate having to wake you up like this. | 天哪 我讨厌这样叫你起床 |
[03:33] | I’m so sorry to stick you with the kids and breakfast. | 很抱歉要把这些事都交给你了 叫醒孩子 做早餐 |
[03:37] | and getting everybody ready for school. | 还有帮她们打点好一切去学校 |
[03:39] | But I really have to get in early and catch up on some things. I love you. | 但我真的得早点去 赶着处理一些事 我爱你 |
[03:44] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[03:46] | Girls,come on. Girls,let’s go. It’s time for school. | 姑娘们 快点 姑娘们 出发了 该去上学了 |
[03:48] | Mom,I need to talk to you. | 妈妈 我得和你谈谈 |
[03:50] | Uh,well,honey,look at what time it is. You know what? Let’s talk in the car. | 宝贝 看看都什么时候了 知道吗 我们可以在车上谈 |
[03:53] | It’s about Hannah’s sleepover this Friday night. | 是关于这周五去Hannah家过夜的事 |
[03:55] | I need to let her know if I can make it. | 我得答复她你们是否同意 |
[03:57] | And it’s all fine with her parents,right? | 她父母都同意吗? |
[03:58] | They know. It was their idea. | 他们知道 那是他们的主意 |
[04:01] | What was that? | 那是什么? |
[04:02] | – What was what? – That noise. | – 什么是什么? – 那个怪声 |
[04:04] | I think I heard it earlier. | 我感觉我之前听过 |
[04:07] | Well,I didn’t hear anything,so can I go? | 我什么都没听到 那我能去吗? |
[04:09] | Well,who’s going to be there? | 那儿都有些谁? |
[04:10] | – Me and Hannah. – And no boys. | – Hannah和我 – 没有男孩吗 |
[04:13] | No,of course not,Mom. | 没有 当然没有 妈妈 |
[04:16] | You didn’t hear that? That sound? It sounded like a buzz. | 你没听到吗? 那个声音? 像是电铃声 |
[04:20] | Beep,Beep! Coming through! Urgent business. Time for school. | 哔哔! 快冲! 紧急事件 该上学了 |
[04:24] | – That one? – No. I don’t know. | – 那个声音? – 不 我不知道 |
[04:27] | You know what,Ariel? Let me think about it, and I’ll tell you later tonight. | 知道吗 Ariel? 我再考虑考虑 晚上给你答复 |
[04:41] | Can I help you? You have business here? | 能帮你忙吗? 你来这有事? |
[04:43] | I don’t know. That depends if you’re Joe Dubois. | 不知道 要看你是不是Joe Dubois了 |
[04:46] | Yeah,I’m Joe Dubois. | 是 我是Joe Dubois |
[04:47] | Mr. Dubois, you’ve been served. | Dubois先生 你被传唤了 |
[05:09] | He had all of those jokes on one of those– on a thing,a… | 他把笑话都打在那…那什么上面… |
[05:13] | – Teleprompter. – On a teleprompter. | – 台词提示机 – 在提示机上 |
[05:15] | Thanks for making the trek all the way out here. | 感谢你大老远过来 |
[05:17] | I know it’s a little outside our jurisdiction, but the,uh, | 这是有些超出我们的管辖范围 但 |
[05:20] | the mayor has a weekend house out here,and when he heard that something horrible happened, | 市长在这里有间度假屋 当他得知发生了可怕的案件 |
[05:23] | he called the local sheriff,who was only too happy for the help. | 他就打电话给了当地的警长 警长很乐意有人肯帮忙 |
[05:29] | – You all right? – Yeah. | – 你没事吧? – 没事 |
[05:32] | What happened here? | 这里发生了什么? |
[05:34] | Married couple. Shot to death. | 一对夫妇 被枪杀 |
[05:38] | Lindsay and Paul Burke. | Lindsay和Paul Burke |
[05:44] | I saw this place in my dream last night. | 我昨晚做梦 梦到了这个地方 |
[05:47] | Looks a little different during the daylight. | 和白天看起来有些不一样 |
[05:49] | Where is the other couple? | 另一对夫妇呢? |
[05:51] | What other couple? There is no other couple. | 什么另一对夫妇? 没有其他夫妇了 |
[05:54] | Lee has been conferring with the local authorities. | Lee正在和当地警方交谈 |
[06:00] | The sheriff seems pretty certain it’s just a robbery gone bad. | 警长似乎很肯定 这只是盗窃案出了错 |
[06:02] | TV equipment is gone, jewelry box is empty. | 电视机没了 首饰盒也空了 |
[06:04] | Other than that,looks pretty small-time. | 不算上死者 案子不大 |
[06:07] | No signs of forced entry, although nobody around here seems to keep their windows and doors locked, | 没有强行闯入的迹象 虽然这里的人都不怎么关窗锁门 |
[06:11] | so I’m not sure what kind of force you’d need. | 所以其实不需要强行就能进来 |
[06:13] | The couple,the,uh, Burkes,were weekenders. | 这对夫妇 Burke夫妇 是来度周末的 |
[06:16] | Theory is,the robbers probably got surprised when they showed up unexpectedly. | 推测是当他们意外出现在此时 劫犯们受到了惊吓 |
[06:19] | Robbers,as in more than one? | 劫犯们 作案的不止一人? |
[06:21] | Deputies found two distinct sets of boot prints throughout the house. | 警员发现屋内有两种不同的鞋印 |
[06:24] | Size ten,size 11-and-a-half. | 十号和十一号半 |
[06:26] | Neither match the victims. | 和死者的鞋码都不吻合 |
[06:27] | I also found some hairs that don’t appear to belong to either the man or the wife. | 我还找到了一些毛发 看来并不属于这男人或是她的妻子 |
[06:31] | We’re going to bring those back to town with us, | 我们会把这些带回城里 |
[06:33] | see if they yield some DNA that might already be in the system. | 看看是否能提出DNA跟数据库对比 |
[06:36] | Since the Burkes lived in Phoenix full-time, | Burke夫妇一直都住在凤凰城 |
[06:38] | they’re going to hand the body over to our coroner for formal identification. | 尸体会运到我们的验尸官那里 进行正式的身份确认 |
[06:42] | Does any of this match up with what you saw? | 这些事和你做的梦有交集吗? |
[06:44] | Well,yes and no.I mean, I only saw one armed man, | 有 也没有 我是说 我只看见一个持枪歹徒 |
[06:49] | and he was wearing a skeleton mask. | 他戴着一个骷髅面具 |
[06:51] | And,as I told you,in my dream, there was another couple, an interracial couple. | 我说过 在我梦里 还有一对夫妻 一对混种族夫妻 |
[06:55] | The husband was white. The wife was black. | 丈夫是白人 妻子是黑人 |
[06:58] | Um,her name was Julie. They were friends of the Burkes’. | 嗯 她叫Julie 他们是Burke夫妇的朋友 |
[07:01] | Well,no offense, but right now we’re dealing with a crime scene with one couple, two killers. | 绝无冒犯之意 但我们正处理的是 一对受害夫妇和两个凶手的现场 |
[07:05] | I’ll ask these guys if they’d be interested in trading for a two-couple, | 我会问问那些兄弟 有没有兴趣处理两对夫妇 |
[07:08] | one-killer crime scene, but I’m betting you’ll get no takers. | 和一个凶手的现场 但我敢打赌没人会帮你接手的 |
[07:11] | Please don’t fight,kids. We’re guests here. | 别吵了 孩子们 我们在这只是客人 |
[07:15] | I’m being sued. I’m being sued. I’m being sued. | 我被起诉了 我被起诉了 我被起诉了 |
[07:17] | Well,I don’t understand. Who would want to sue you? | 我搞不懂了 谁会想起诉你? |
[07:20] | Brantley Atkins. He worked at Aerodytech for,like,six months. | 他在航天科技公司干了大概六个月 |
[07:23] | He worked on a couple projects underneath me. | 他在我手下做了两三个项目 |
[07:25] | But,you know,he just… he really wasn’t that impressive. | 但 知道吗… 他都没什么表现 |
[07:28] | But I never did anything to hurt him. | 但我也从没做过对他不利的事 |
[07:29] | I mean,why would he file a suit like this? | 我是说 他为什么要告我呢? |
[07:32] | It just makes no sense. | 这太没道理了 |
[07:34] | He’s basically calling me a liar. A thief. | 他控诉我是骗子 小偷 |
[07:37] | He’s saying that it was his idea for the whole solar amplification technique | 他号称太阳能电池扩充技术 是他的构想 |
[07:40] | and that I stole it from him. I mean,it’s absurd. | 说是我剽窃了他的构思 这太荒唐了 |
[07:43] | Yeah,but you didn’t, so calm down. | 没错 你问心无愧 所以冷静点 |
[07:45] | Well,but still, I’ve got to call Terry. | 但我还是得打电话给Terry |
[07:47] | I left him a message that said, “Hey,you know this-this “idea that you’ve invested millions in? | 我给他留了口信说 “记得你投资了几百万的那个构思吗?” |
[07:50] | Well,I’m sorry,but there’s some guy out there who thinks I stole it from him.” | “很抱歉 有个人跳出来号称 这是我从他那里剽窃的构思” |
[07:53] | Hey,Mom,it’s Hannah. She really needs to know if I can make it over on Friday. | 嘿 妈妈 是Hannah的电话 她很想知道我礼拜五是否能过去住 |
[07:56] | We’re hungry. Is dinner ready? | 我们饿了 晚饭好了吗? |
[07:57] | Ariel,honey, this is not a good time. It’s a bad time. | Ariel 宝贝 现在不是时候 现在不谈这事 |
[08:00] | Tell Hannah that I’ll call her mom later. | 告诉Hannah我晚些会打电话给她妈妈 |
[08:03] | Wait,why are you going to call her mom? | 等等 你为什么要打给她妈妈? |
[08:05] | Well,make sure she’s okay with everything. | 为了保证她妈妈同意这事 |
[08:08] | She’s totally fine with it. I told you. | 她完全同意这事 我跟你说过 |
[08:11] | Ew,Bridgette’s drinking from the milk carton. | 噢 Bridgette直接拿着牛奶盒子喝 |
[08:13] | I am not. | 我没有 |
[08:17] | Oh,come on. Didn’t anybody hear that? | 噢 拜托 没有人听到吗? |
[08:19] | – Hear what? – That sound. | – 听到什么? – 那个声音 |
[08:21] | It sounds like something you’d hear at a carnival or a… or a game show. | 听起来像是嘉年华… 或是综艺节目里的 |
[08:26] | Oh,Mom,she’s doing it again. | 噢 妈妈 她又来了 |
[08:28] | I am not. | 我没有 |
[08:30] | – You’re lying. – I am not. | – 你在说谎 – 我没有 |
[08:34] | I was just checking the expiration date. | 我只是在看保质期 |
[08:37] | Hey,Bridge. Do me a favor. Tell me that you drank out of the milk carton. | 嘿 Bridge 帮我个忙 告诉我你是拿着盒子直接喝牛奶了 |
[08:40] | But I didn’t. | 但我没有 |
[08:43] | No,I know,honey. I heard you say that, but just do me a favor. | 不 我知道 宝贝 我听到你说的话了 但就帮我一个忙 |
[08:45] | Just,just say that you did. I want to see something. | 就说你做了 我想看看会怎么样 |
[08:49] | Okay. I drank from the carton. | 好吧 我直接拿着盒子喝牛奶了 |
[08:53] | Now say you didn’t. | 现在说你没那么做 |
[08:55] | Wait,Mom,what are you doing? | 等等 妈妈 你这是在干嘛? |
[08:58] | Hey,Hannah,I’m going to have to call you back. It’s kind of weird over here. | 嘿 Hannah 我等等再打给你 现在这里有些怪事 |
[09:01] | Bridge,just say you didn’t. | Bridge 快说你没做 |
[09:03] | Okay,I didn’t. Which is the truth! | 好吧 我没做 这是真的! |
[09:08] | As seen on TV. | 跟电视上一样 |
[09:15] | Hello? | 喂? |
[09:16] | I know it’s late and I know I gave you kind of rough time today, | 我知道现在很晚 我也知道我今天让你难堪了 |
[09:19] | but is there any way I can get y to come down to police headquarters now? | 能不能给我个机会 让我现在就把你接到警局? |
[09:24] | Once we got the Burkes’ bodies back here, we needed someone to make a positive ID. | 把Burke夫妇的尸体运回这里后 要找到人确认身份 |
[09:27] | Coroner called Paul Burke’s place of business. | 验尸官打电话给Paul Burke的公司 |
[09:30] | His partner came over. Brought his wife. | 他的生意伙伴来了 带着他妻子 |
[09:34] | I thought you might find them interesting. | 你也许会有兴趣 |
[09:50] | Allison Dubois. Julie and Michael Skahan. | 这是Julie和Michael Skahan |
[09:54] | Mrs. Skahan. | Skahan女士 |
[09:55] | They’ve been kind enough to come down and identify the Burkes’ bodies for us. | 他们很配合 愿意过来辨认 Burkes夫妇的尸体 |
[09:58] | Mr. Skahan. | Skahan先生 |
[10:04] | Well,I know it’s late, and I know you’ve been through an awful lot this evening. | 我知道现在很晚 也知道今晚你们已经遭遇了很多事 |
[10:09] | How close were you to the Burkes? | 你们和Burke夫妇关系有多密切? |
[10:13] | Close. Very close. | 密切 很密切 |
[10:17] | Paul was my,uh, my business partner, | Paul是我的…我的生意伙伴 |
[10:21] | and,uh,Julie and Lindsay were good friends,too. | Julie和Lindsay也是好朋友 |
[10:25] | Have you ever been out to their weekend house? | 你们去过他们的度假屋吗? |
[10:28] | Sure. A couple times. | 当然 去过几次 |
[10:31] | But not for months now. | 但已经几个月没去过了 |
[10:33] | Months? | 几个月? |
[10:35] | Um,five,six. | 5 6个月吧 |
[10:39] | So you weren’t just there watching television, drinking wine? | 所以你们没有一起在那儿喝着小酒 看看电视? |
[10:44] | Watching television, drinking wine? No. | 看电视 喝酒? 没有啊 |
[10:47] | And they never said anything to you about anyone they had an issue with– | 他们也从来没对你们说过什么人 和他们有过节– |
[10:51] | anyone who wished them harm or… | 想要谋害他们或别的… |
[10:53] | No,not to me. | 没 没跟我说过 |
[10:55] | Did Paul ever say anything to you? | Paul跟你说过什么吗? |
[10:57] | No,no. | 不 没有 |
[11:02] | Anything else? | 还有什么别的吗? |
[11:04] | No. I think I have everything I need. Thank you. | 没了 我想问的都问完了 谢谢 |
[11:12] | Again,I’m so sorry about your friends. | 再一次为你们朋友的不幸感到难过 |
[11:14] | Like I said, happy to be of help. | 正如我所说 很高兴对你们有帮助 |
[11:24] | That’s okay. I’m still awake. | 没事 我没睡着 |
[11:29] | Lawsuit on the brain? | 还在纠结指控吗? |
[11:32] | Something like that. | 貌似吧 |
[11:35] | You hear from Terry yet? | Terry回复你了吗? |
[11:37] | No,and I left him another message. | 没 我又另外给他留了条口信 |
[11:41] | That doesn’t mean anything,right? | 这也不代表什么 对吧? |
[11:42] | The boss not calling me back? | 老板不回我电话? |
[11:45] | No,of course not. He’s just busy. And he knows it’s a nuisance suit. | 不 当然不 他只是太忙 他知道那是个狗屁不通的指控 |
[11:49] | Right. I’ll buy that. I like the sound of that. | 嗯 很受用 我喜欢你这个说法 |
[11:56] | What was Scanlon’s big surprise? | Scanlon那儿的大惊喜是什么? |
[12:00] | You remember that other couple in my dream? | 你还记得我梦里的另一对夫妻吗? |
[12:04] | It turns out they really do exist. | 他们是真的存在 |
[12:06] | They were friends of the Burkes’. | 他们是Burke夫妇的朋友 |
[12:07] | They were down at police headquarters helping identify the bodies,but… | 他们去了警局帮忙认尸 但是… |
[12:14] | – But what? – I don’t know. | – 但是什么? – 我也不清楚 |
[12:16] | I don’t think they were telling the complete truth. | 我觉得他们没有说出完整的事实 |
[12:19] | About what? | 关于哪方面? |
[12:21] | About what they know. I mean,it doesn’t make sense, | 关于他们所知道的 我是说 也说不通啊 |
[12:24] | because they’re not really in a position to know about anything anyway. | 因为他们又不可能会知道什么 |
[12:27] | Then why do you think that they’re lying? | 那你为什么觉得他们在撒谎? |
[12:32] | This is going to sound crazy,but… | 听上去可能很疯狂 但是… |
[12:37] | I’ve had this buzzer in my head all day. | 我的脑子里整天都听到这种嘀声 |
[12:41] | And whenever I hear a lie, it buzzes. | 只要我听到谎话 就叫 |
[12:47] | You do. You think it’s crazy,don’t you? | 你是 你是觉得这很疯狂 对吧? |
[12:49] | No. No,I-I believe you. | 不 不 我-我相信你 |
[12:54] | Don’t do that. Don’t patronize me. | 别 别敷衍我 |
[12:56] | What? I’m not patronizing you. I’m just trying to support you. | 什么? 我没敷衍你啊 我是支持你啦 |
[13:01] | Come on. After everything that we’ve been through? | 拜托 在我们经历过所有一切之后? |
[13:04] | You say you got a buzzer in your head… | 你说你的脑海里有嘀声… |
[13:07] | you’ve got a buzzer in your head. | 就有嘀声 |
[13:11] | Look,it’s nice of you to say that, but I don’t really think you think it. | 你瞧 你这么说我很开心 但我想你并不是真的这么想 |
[13:15] | Well,I can’t control what you think, but I do– believe you that is. | 好吧 我管不了你怎么想 但我真的– 相信你 |
[13:21] | – I don’t want to talk about this anymore. – Why? | – 我不想再谈论这个话题了 – 为什么? |
[13:24] | I do. I mean it,I’m happy to talk. | 我相信啦 认真的 我很愿意谈论 |
[13:27] | I’m happy to stay up as long as it takes to work this out. | 我非常愿意把这个搞搞清楚再睡 |
[13:34] | What? | 什么? |
[13:37] | Okay,fine. All right. But if you change your mind,if you… | 好吧 好吧 好 但要是你改主意 要是你… |
[13:43] | if you feel like talking, even if it’s in the middle of the night, just wake me up. | 想谈了 即使是半夜 只管叫醒我好了 |
[13:47] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[13:52] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[13:57] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:06] | How we doing in there? | 怎样了? |
[14:08] | All done. | 都搞定了 |
[14:10] | It was right there, where we left it. | 就在老地方 我们放的地方 |
[14:13] | I’ll gather up my tools and we’ll get out of here. | 我去收拾家伙 然后我们离开这儿 |
[14:15] | Whoa,whoa,wait a second. | 哇哦 哇哦 等一下 |
[14:21] | You hungry? | 你饿吗? |
[14:24] | I’m hungry. | 我饿了 |
[14:26] | What are you talking about? We ate just two hours ago. | 你说什么呢? 我们2小时前刚吃过 |
[14:27] | No,no,not that kind of hungry. | 不 不 不是那种饿 |
[14:34] | Cover me. | 掩护我 |
[14:56] | Do you smell that? | 闻到了吗? |
[14:58] | Smells good enough to eat. | 实在是够诱人的 |
[15:00] | You stay away from her! | 你离她远点! |
[15:10] | – Get up! – No,please! | – 起来! – 不 求你! |
[15:11] | No! No! No,please! Please! You’re hurting me! | 不! 不! 不 求求你! 求你了! 你弄痛我了! |
[15:15] | Keep an eye on these folks,huh? | 看好这些人哈 |
[15:17] | I’ll make sure I leave some nice,hot leftovers for you. | 我保证会留些好料给你的 |
[15:27] | Have you ever heard ofTruth Be Told? | 你听说过 “实话实说” 吗? |
[15:30] | I’m sorry? | 抱歉? |
[15:32] | Well,it’s a television show. | 那个 是个电视节目 |
[15:35] | Okay,if you say so. | 好 你继续 |
[15:36] | It went off the air about six months ago. | 6个月前就砍了 |
[15:39] | Remember when we were at the Burkes’ cabin, I told you I had a dream about them and another couple? | 还记得在Burke家的小木屋里 我告诉你 我梦到了他们和另一对夫妇吗? |
[15:43] | At the time,I thought the things I saw in the dream took place the night before– | 当时 我以为我梦见的是当晚发生的– |
[15:46] | that they had something to do with them being killed. | 跟他们被害有关 |
[15:49] | But now I’m thinking the things that I saw in my dream took place at least six months ago. | 但现在我认为我梦里见到的事 是至少6个月前发生的 |
[15:54] | Okay,two couples get together to watch some television. | 好吧 2对夫妻在一起看某个电视节目 |
[15:57] | Six months ago,six days ago– what’s the difference? | 6个月前 6天前– 区别在哪里? |
[15:59] | The difference is,on that night there was a home invasion. | 区别在于 那晚那里发生了闯入事件 |
[16:03] | Two men wearing masks, they were looking for something– a satchel. | 2个戴面具的男人 在找什么东西– 一只尼龙包 |
[16:09] | They found it,and then they tied up both of the couples, | 他们找到了 然后把2对夫妇都绑起来了 |
[16:13] | and I think that they raped Mrs. Skahan. | 而且我认为Skahan太太被强奸了 |
[16:16] | Well,I don’t know what to tell you,Allison. | 好吧 我不知道怎么跟你说 Allison |
[16:17] | I would think if there had been a report of a home invasion or a sexual assault for that matter, | 我认为要是曾经发生过闯入或性侵案件 |
[16:22] | that the sheriff’s department would have mentioned it to me. | 警长办公室会跟我们提的 |
[16:25] | And even if there were, what does any of that have to do with the killing of Lindsay and Paul Burke? | 就算有 那跟Lindsay和Paul Burke 被杀有什么关系? |
[16:31] | I don’t know. But I keep having these dreams. | 我不知道 但我老是做这些梦 |
[16:34] | I mean,maybe the men who assaulted all four of them six months ago came back | 我是说 也许那2个6个月前袭击 他们的男人又回来了 |
[16:38] | and murdered Paul and Lindsay. | 然后谋杀了Paul和Lindsay |
[16:40] | And maybe Julie and Michael aren’t saying anything ’cause they’re afraid they’re going to be next. | 也许Julie和Michael什么都不肯说 是害怕成为他们下一个目标 |
[16:44] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[16:46] | The only thing I’m sure about is, we need to bring them back in here. | 唯一确定的是我们得把他们再叫过来 |
[16:49] | We need to talk to Julie and Michael again. | 我们得再跟Julie和Michael谈一次 |
[16:57] | Can I help you? | 有什么能帮您? |
[16:59] | Mr. Dubois, I’m Jack Herkosh. I’m an attorney. I work for Terry Cavanaugh. | Dubois先生 我叫Jack Herkosh 我是Terry Cavanaugh的代表律师 |
[17:03] | At Aerodytech,we were always encouraged to present our ideas to our project manager. | 在航天科技公司 一直鼓励我们 把自己的点子提交给项目经理 |
[17:08] | And one of the ideas I developed was this concept for a solar cell | 而我其中的一个点子就是这个 太阳能电池的想法 |
[17:11] | that used reflective mirrors to amplify its power. | 通过镜面反射来加强其性能 |
[17:14] | And you presented that concept to your project manager at the time– Mr. Joseph Dubois? | 然后你就立刻把这个概念交给你的 项目经理– Joseph Dubois先生了? |
[17:18] | That’s correct. I presented Mr. Dubois with my idea. | 没错 我把我的点子给了Dubois先生 |
[17:22] | He said the concept had potential, but no one ever followed up with it. | 他说这个想法有一定的可行性 但却没人跟进 |
[17:26] | And now I realize that’s because he was planning to appropriate the idea for himself. | 现在我明白了 原来他是想把这个 点子占为己有 |
[17:31] | And how did you present your concepts to Mr. Dubois? | 那你是通过什么把你的概念 交给Dubois先生的呢? |
[17:34] | Through an inter-office memo. That’s standard procedure at Aerodytech. | 是写在一张公司专用便笺 这是航天科技的标准程序 |
[17:38] | The piece of paper that you’re holding in your hand, is that the same one you gave to Mr. Dubois? | 你手上拿的那张纸 和你给Dubois先生的是同一张吗? |
[17:43] | It is. | 是的 |
[17:44] | That is just not true. | 那不是真的 |
[17:47] | He never gave me any memo about solar cells. | 他从没给过我 任何关于太阳能电池的便笺 |
[17:51] | This is the copy of the memo that his attorneys sent to us. | 这是他的律师寄给我们的复印件 |
[18:01] | “There might be some potential here. | “有一定的可行性 |
[18:03] | “Let’s run it up the flagpole and see what happens. J.D.” | 我们先试着运作一下 看看会怎样 J.D” |
[18:06] | – Isn’t that your handwriting? – Yeah. | – 是你的笔记吗? – 是 |
[18:08] | – Aren’t those your initials? – Yeah,yeah,yeah. | – 那难道不是你名字的缩写? – 对呀 对呀 对呀 |
[18:12] | I understand that this may not be an easy time, but we just have a few more questions. | 我了解你们现在不太好受 我们就只有几个问题想问你们 |
[18:17] | – Anything. – Absolutely. | – 随便问 – 没错 |
[18:20] | This may seem a bit far afield, | 这也许看似扯得有点远 |
[18:22] | but we’re investigating the possibility that a home invasion | 但我们在调查一起约6个月前可能发生 |
[18:24] | took place at the Burkes’ cabin approximately six months ago. | 在Burke家小木屋的闯入案 |
[18:28] | Do either of you have any knowledge of this? | 你们谁知道这事儿吗? |
[18:32] | No. Uh,Paul certainly never mentioned anything like that to me. | 不 呃 我从没听Paul提过这事儿 |
[18:38] | Mrs. Skahan? | Skahan太太? |
[18:40] | No. I never heard about such a thing. | 没有 我也从来没听说过这事儿 |
[18:43] | So,that being the case, I assume it’s safe to say | 如果是这样的话 我们可以推断 |
[18:46] | that neither of you were there on this particular night? | 你们俩当晚都没在现场? |
[18:50] | Where? The cabin? No. | 哪儿? 小木屋? 不 |
[18:52] | Again,this home invasion you’re talking about– | 重申一次 你们所说的这起闯入案– |
[18:54] | I don’t think it ever happened, much less our being there. | 我认为压根儿没发生过 更别提我们还在那儿了 |
[19:03] | Mr. Skahan,forgive me for asking this, but the scar above your eye– | Skahan先生 恕我冒昧 但你的眼睛上的伤疤– |
[19:07] | how long have you had that, and how did you get it? | 有多久了 怎么受的伤呢? |
[19:09] | This? Uh,about… about a year. | 这个? 呃 大约… 大约一年了吧 |
[19:14] | I go mountain biking. Took a tumble last year. | 我去年骑自行车登山 摔了一跤 |
[19:19] | What does this have to do with Paul and Lindsay? | 这和Paul还有Lindsay有什么关系? |
[19:22] | I’m not at liberty to say at the moment. | 现在我还不方便说 |
[19:25] | Mrs. Skahan,this is a delicate question, | Skahan太太 下面这个问题有点棘手 |
[19:28] | but have you ever been the victim of a sexual assault? | 但是你曾经受过性侵犯吗? |
[19:33] | Mrs. Skahan,I really need you to answer. | Skahan太太 我真的需要你的答案 |
[19:39] | No. I’ve never been sexually assaulted. | 没有 我从没受过性侵犯 |
[19:43] | You’re lying. | 你在撒谎 |
[19:46] | Mrs. Skahan, I know what happened to you was incredibly personal, | Skahan太太 我知道 你身上所发生的一切是极为隐私的 |
[19:50] | incredibly painful, but we need your help. | 极其痛苦的 但我们需要你的帮助 |
[19:53] | Fine. And we’ve offered to provide it, but these questions are nonsensical. | 好了 我们乐意帮忙 但这些问题太荒谬了 |
[19:59] | This stuff has nothing to do with Paul and Lindsay. | 这跟Paul还有Lindsay一点关系都没有 |
[20:03] | I know this must all seem terribly cryptic to you,Mr. Skahan, | 我知道这一切对你来说是 极为隐私的秘密 Skahan太太 |
[20:05] | but we really are trying to find out exactly what happened to your friends and who’s responsible. | 但我们真的是想找出你朋友们的 真实死因以及谁是案犯 |
[20:13] | I want to thank you both again for coming down to meet with us. | 再次感谢你们特地赶来和我们见面 |
[20:16] | I’m sorry if we said anything to upset you. | 如有任何使你们不快的地方 我在这里向你们道歉 |
[20:19] | And I promise you, we will get to the bottom of this. | 我保证 我们会尽快了结这个案子 |
[20:28] | They’re lying,both of them. | 他们在撒谎 两个都是 |
[20:30] | Fine.He didn’t get the scar from riding his bike | 好吧 他的伤疤不是骑自行车弄的 |
[20:32] | and she was assaulted and doesn’t want to talk about it. | 她呢 受过性侵犯但不愿意谈这件事 |
[20:35] | None of that is against the law. | 可那都没触犯法律呀 |
[20:37] | They know more than they’re telling. | 他们没告诉我们他们所知道的全部 |
[20:39] | Maybe and maybe not. What else do you want me to do,Allison? | 也许是 也许不是 你还想让我做什么 Allison? |
[20:43] | I just questioned two citizens without cause, | 我刚审问了2个没受到指控的市民 |
[20:46] | without a shred of evidence and without an attorney present. | 还没有一丁点儿证据 连律师都不在场 |
[20:49] | That’s all the risk-taking I’m prepared to do for you on this case. | 这案子我能冒的险只有这么多了 |
[20:53] | And by the way,I’ve nothing to show for it. | 顺便提一下 还一无所获 |
[20:57] | I think you and I are done for the day. | 我想我们今天到此为止了 |
[21:00] | – Daddy,we need to get to bed. – Okay. | – 爸爸 我们要睡了 – 好 |
[21:03] | But Mommy isn’t here, and we need our kisses. | 但是妈妈不在 我们要晚安吻 |
[21:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:07] | Well,can you come over here and give them to us? | 你能过来亲我们一下吗? |
[21:09] | Oh,well,I kind of can’t right now,sweetie. | 哦 那个 貌似现在不行 宝贝儿 |
[21:12] | Well,then,can we come over there and get them from you? | 好吧 那我们可以过去让你亲吗? |
[21:16] | Not unless you could fly. | 除非你们能飞 |
[21:18] | – I could fly. – No,you can’t. | – 我能飞呀 – 不 你不能 |
[21:20] | Hello. | 我回来了 |
[21:21] | Mommy! | 妈妈! |
[21:24] | Hey,whoo, what’s all this stuff? | 天哪 这都是些什么东西? |
[21:27] | This is my whole life at Aerodytech. | 是我在航天科技公司的全部记录 |
[21:30] | It’s everything I’ve ever worked on,every memo, every file,every project. | 是我所工作过的记录 文件 项目 |
[21:35] | Mommy,can we have our kisses now? | 妈妈 可以亲我们了吗? |
[21:37] | Of course. | 当然 |
[21:39] | And you. | 还有你的 |
[21:42] | All right,you little, little sweet things, go on,go to bed. I’ll be in in a minute. | 好了 小可爱们 快去睡觉吧 我一会儿就来 |
[21:46] | – Okay,Mom. – Oh,and brush, brush your teeth. | – 好的妈妈 – 要刷牙哦 |
[21:48] | – I will. | – I will. – 我会的 – 我会的 |
[21:53] | I take it things didn’t go well with the lawyer. | 我估计跟律师那边没有那么顺利 |
[21:56] | This guy h a memo. He’s got a memo of a schematic of a solar cell just like mine. | 那家伙有张记录上面有跟我自己的创意 一样的太阳能电池示意图 |
[22:01] | It’s got handwritten notes all over it in my handwriting from me. | 上面全都是我写的字 |
[22:05] | Problem is,I don’t remember ever seeing this before today. | 但问题是 我之前从没见过那张纸 |
[22:08] | I don’t understand. I know I didn’t steal this idea. | 我搞不懂了 我知道自己没有剽窃 |
[22:13] | Hey,do me a favor. Say that again. | 嘿 帮个忙 再说一遍 |
[22:15] | Say what again? | 再说一遍什么? |
[22:16] | Say,”I know I didn’t steal this idea.” | 说”我知道自己没有剽窃” |
[22:18] | No,I didn’t. | 没有 我没有 |
[22:21] | I know. In fact,I’m certain of it. | 我知道 事实上 我很确定你没有 |
[22:23] | You’re just saying that ’cause you’re my wife. | 你这么说不过是因为你是我的妻子 |
[22:26] | True,but I’m also saying it because I didn’t hear that buzzer go off in my head. | 没错 但是我这么说是因为 我没有听到那个嘀声 |
[22:32] | The piece of paper that you’re holding in your hand, is that the same one you gave to Mr. Dubois? | 你手里的这张纸 就是你交给Dubois先生的那一张吗? |
[22:36] | It is. | 是的 |
[22:39] | So? | 怎么样? |
[22:41] | So I don’t know what to tell you,Joe. I don’t hear a thing. | 我不知道怎么说 Joe 我没有听到任何声音 |
[22:45] | He’s not lying,Joe. | Joe 他没撒谎 |
[22:48] | Neither one of you is lying. | 你们俩都没有说谎 |
[23:22] | What’d that idiot do? | 那白痴到底做了什么? |
[23:33] | Okay,don’t shoot. | 千万别开枪 |
[23:38] | I beg you. | 求你了 |
[23:41] | I’m putting down my weapon. | 我放下武器 |
[23:46] | I don’t know what happened in there. | 我不知道里面到底发生了什么 |
[23:49] | I don’t want to know. I’m not a killer. | 我也不想知道 我不杀人 |
[23:57] | There you go. | 好了 |
[24:00] | I’m unarmed. | 我没有武器了 |
[24:05] | Ma’am,you don’t want to kill me. | 太太 你不想杀我 |
[24:10] | I mean,him,that was self-defense,but me… | 我是说 对于他 你是自我防卫 但是我… |
[24:15] | I’m standing here with nothing. | 我手无寸铁 |
[24:18] | I had nothing! | 我什么都没有了! |
[24:20] | Oh,I know. That wasn’t me! | 我知道 但不是我干的 |
[24:25] | I beg you. | 我求你了 |
[24:30] | Let’s not make this any worse. | 别把事情弄得不可收拾 |
[24:34] | You put down your weapon. I’ll leave. | 你放下枪 让我离开 |
[24:37] | You can call the police, you can give them the other guy. | 你可以报警 你可以把那个人交给警察 |
[24:42] | Come on now. Help me out. | 快 帮帮我 |
[24:45] | Tell your friend here to lower her gun. | 让你们的朋友放下枪 |
[24:49] | Tell her to let me leave. | 叫她让我离开 |
[24:53] | Ma’am? | 太太? |
[25:03] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打断你们 |
[25:05] | I think I know why the Skahans lied to us about the home invasion, | 我知道为什么Skahan夫妇 要在强行入室案上对我们撒谎了 |
[25:08] | about the rape,about the scar, about all of it. | 还有那起强奸案 那个伤疤 所有的一切 |
[25:10] | Okay. | 你说 |
[25:11] | Julie Skahan shot and killed her attackers that night. | 那天夜里Julie Skahan射杀了袭击她的人 |
[25:14] | That’s why they never reported it. | 这就是为什么他们没有报案 |
[25:16] | The Burkes were there, Michael,they all saw it. | Bruke夫妇也在那里 Michael也在 他们全都看见了 |
[25:19] | Now,how that ties into the Burkes being murdered last week, I’m not sure yet,but… | 这跟Burke夫妇上周被谋杀有什么关联 我还不清楚 但是… |
[25:22] | Allison,we already know who killed the Burkes. | Allison 我们已经知道是谁杀了Burke夫妇 |
[25:26] | DNA came back. It’s a perfect match. | DNA检验报告出来了 完全吻合 |
[25:29] | Two ex-cons named Zachary Giltner, Jacob Vallillo, they work as a team. | 两个出狱的罪犯Zachary Giltner和Jacob Vallillo 他们狼狈为奸 |
[25:34] | Each one has a laundry list of breaking-and- entering charges, armed robbery. | 他们每人犯案累累 强行入室武装抢劫 |
[25:38] | This one even has a history of sexual violence. | 这一个甚至还有性暴力侵犯的案底 |
[25:41] | Been out of prison a little over six months now. | 六个多月前刚被刑满释放 |
[25:44] | No,no,these men couldn’t have killed the Burkes. Definitely not this one. | 不 不 这两个人不可能杀害Bruke夫妇 绝对不是这个人 |
[25:47] | Allison,how can you be so sure? | Allison 你怎么这么确定? |
[25:49] | I’m telling you, Julie Skahan shot this man and probably this one,too. | 我告诉你了 Julie Skahan射杀了这个人 很有可能还有这个 |
[25:53] | Only it was six months ago. It wasn’t the other day. | 六个月前 而不是前几天 |
[25:56] | Then how do you explain the DNA? How do you explain the hair? | 那你怎么解释他们的DNA? 怎么解释他们的头发? |
[26:00] | The DNA’s wrong. | DNA错了 |
[26:02] | It’s not just the DNA. | 不光是DNA |
[26:03] | The bootprints we found at the scene matched the shoe sizes of both suspects. | 案发现场的鞋印也完全跟两个嫌疑人相符 |
[26:06] | The medical examiner also recovered a bullet fragment from one of the victims. | 法医还从一个受害者身上找出子弹碎片 |
[26:10] | The ballistics match the same unrecovered weapon they used in a series of robberies four years ago. | 弹道分析也符合嫌疑人四年前 系列劫案的凶器 这凶器至今都没找到 |
[26:15] | This doesn’t make any sense. I saw them in my dream. | 这讲不通啊 我梦见他们了 |
[26:18] | Allison, we have everything we need to issue a warrant on these two guys. | Allison 我们已经证据确凿可以通缉他们 |
[26:23] | The only thing we don’t have is the two of them in custody. | 只差把他们两个抓获归案 |
[26:25] | So,if you happen to have a dream about where the two of them are hiding, | 如果你恰好梦到他们的藏身之所 |
[26:29] | that’s something I’d like to hear about, but short of that… | 我才乐意听 其他的… |
[26:45] | It was self-defense. | 这是正当防卫 |
[26:48] | We’re all clear on that,right? | 我们都很清楚 对吧? |
[26:50] | Julie had no choice. | Julie没有别的选择 |
[26:51] | Obviously. We all get it. It was self-defense. | 绝对是 我们明白 是正当防卫 |
[26:59] | Anybody look in this bag? | 谁看过袋子里装什么了? |
[27:03] | This is what they were ripping up those floorboards to find. | 这就是他们挖开地板找的东西 |
[27:06] | This is why they were here. | 这就是他们来的目的 |
[27:08] | Looks like there’s almost a million dollars in here. | 看起来差不多有一百万美元 |
[27:10] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吧? |
[27:11] | All right,stop handling it. | 好吧 别碰那东西了 |
[27:13] | Getting your prints all over it is just gonna complicate it for the police when we call. | 上面粘了你的指纹 报警的时候事情就复杂了 |
[27:18] | Well,wait. Is that what we’re doing? | 等等 我们要这么做? |
[27:22] | Calling the police? | 报警? |
[27:23] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[27:25] | I’m talking about a million dollars. | 我说的是这一百万美元 |
[27:29] | You want to call the police? What for? | 你要报警? 为什么? |
[27:32] | These two are already dead. | 这两个人已经死了 |
[27:33] | It’s not like they can be punished any further. | 又不能受到更多惩罚 |
[27:36] | The whole self-defense thing, why even open it up for discussion? | 关于正当防卫什么的 我们为什么要自找麻烦? |
[27:40] | I mean,think about it. Maybe we… Don’t call the police. | 想想吧 也许我们… 别报警 |
[27:47] | Nobody asks about who killed who, and we split this money. | 没有人会关心谁杀了谁 而我们就分了这笔钱 |
[27:52] | Paul,that’s insane. | Paul 这太疯狂了 |
[27:54] | There are two dead bodies in our house. | 我们家里有两具死尸 |
[27:58] | I’m just saying… | 我只是说… |
[28:00] | do you really want to put Julie through any more than she’s already been through? | 你真的还想让Julie再经历一次 她今晚所遭受的痛吗? |
[28:05] | The questions,the lawyers? Look at her. | 回答那些问题 还有那些律师? 你看看她 |
[28:12] | All we have to do is clean up, get rid of these two. | 我们只要打扫干净 搞定这两具尸体 |
[28:18] | There’s a lot of money in that bag. | 包里有这么多钱 |
[28:39] | Michael? | |
[28:41] | You were gone so long, I was worried. | 你去了那么久 我担心死了 |
[28:43] | You didn’t answer your cell. How’d it go? | 你都没有回电话 怎么样了? |
[28:48] | Oh,my God. | 天哪 |
[28:51] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[28:54] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[28:56] | Just ended up being a little more complicated than I had planned, that’s all. | 事情比我计划的复杂 就是这样 |
[29:07] | What do you mean,”complicated”? | 你说”复杂” 什么意思? |
[29:11] | Just got, you know… | 就是 你知道… |
[29:16] | crazy. | 疯狂 |
[29:19] | No,I don’t know. | 不 我不知道 |
[29:22] | Didn’t they understand? Didn’t they see our point of view? | 他们不理解吗? 他们不清楚咱们的想法吗? |
[29:27] | No… not at first. | 一开始不 |
[29:32] | They didn’t understand. They did not share our point of view. | 他们不理解 他们根本不赞同咱们的说法 |
[29:43] | But then… | 但是后来 |
[29:49] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[30:03] | What is that? | 这是什么? |
[30:09] | Where’d you get that? | 你从哪儿弄来的? |
[30:12] | You know exactly where I got it. | 你很清楚我从哪儿弄来的 |
[30:15] | You took it? | 你留着这枪? |
[30:17] | You took the gun from that night? You took that with you? | 那晚上后你就留着这枪? 你带着这枪? |
[30:21] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做? |
[30:24] | Thought I might need it. | 我想应该能用得上 |
[30:30] | Turns out I did. | 结果真用上了 |
[30:33] | My God,Michael, what did you do? | 天哪 Michael 你到底做了什么? |
[30:39] | Did exactly what I said I was gonna do,Jules. | 做了我说过我要做的事儿 Jules |
[30:42] | I explained that with the doctor bills and your therapy, | 我解释说因为医药费和你的治疗 |
[30:48] | we’d gone through our share of the money, that we need more. | 我们花光了我们那份 我们还需要钱 |
[30:52] | But when I think about what you went through that night, | 我一想到你那晚遭的罪 |
[30:56] | we should have taken more from the beginning. | 我们从一开始就该拿大头 |
[30:59] | What happened? | 发生了什么? |
[31:02] | I don’t know. Paul got angry. | 我不知道 Paul很生气 |
[31:04] | He started saying that,uh,what happened to you wasn’t his problem. | 他开始说 你遭遇的那些又不是他的问题 |
[31:10] | Told me if I ever tried to strong-arm him again, | 说如果我再对他凶 |
[31:12] | he’d tell the police how you killed those two men. | 他就报警说你杀了那两个人 |
[31:17] | How the one guy was unarmed and pleading for his life. | 说另一个人是怎么求你别杀他 |
[31:22] | So,uh… so I left. | 然后我离开了 |
[31:28] | And then I came back, pulled the gun… | 后来又回去了 拿着枪 |
[31:34] | made him show me where he hid his share of the money. | 逼着他找给我他藏起来的那份钱 |
[31:38] | Oh,Michael… | |
[31:43] | Michael,Michael… | |
[31:46] | It’s okay. It’s gonna be okay. | 没事的 不会有事的 |
[31:50] | Not my gun. Not my anything. | 不是我的枪 没有任何我的东西 |
[31:54] | Before I went back there the second time, | 我第二次回去之前 |
[31:59] | I dug up our friends, put on their clothes, their shoes. It was like it wasn’t me. | 我把那两个人挖出来 穿上他们的衣服 他们的鞋 看起来根本就不是我 |
[32:12] | The two men who attacked you, what did you do with their bodies? | 袭击你们的两个人 你们怎么处理他们尸体的? |
[32:15] | You must have done something with them. | 你们一定处理了 |
[32:18] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我都不知道你在说什么 |
[32:21] | Did you bury them,yes or no? | 你们埋了他们了吗 是还是不是? |
[32:26] | Did your husband bury them? | 是你丈夫埋的吗? |
[32:27] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[32:30] | How could he have buried them if we’ve never met them, never been in the same room with them? | 我们都没有见过他们 怎么可能埋他们? |
[32:35] | These people killed our friends. | 他们杀了我们的朋友 |
[32:37] | It’s cruel of you to come around here this way. | 你过来说这些话太残忍了 |
[32:39] | Did he bury them near the cabin? | 他把他们埋到了小木屋附近? |
[32:42] | Did he bury them in the front or the back? | 他埋在了前面还是后面? |
[32:44] | I’m closing this door now, and if you don’t get out of here, I’m calling the police. | 我要关门了 你要是还不走 我就要叫警察了 |
[32:48] | I mean that. | 我是认真的 |
[32:50] | Yeah. Yeah,I believe you. | 是的 是的 我相信你 |
[32:53] | Is that a yes to the front? | 是前面吗? |
[32:57] | It doesn’t matter. We’ll figure it out. | 没关系 我们会查清楚的 |
[33:02] | Sir,we’re gonna need some bloodhounds. | 长官 我们需要警犬 |
[33:04] | I thought I made it abundantly clear to you that you were to have no more contact with the Skahans. | 我想我跟你说的很清楚了 你不可以再去打扰Skahans夫妇 |
[33:07] | Yet not ten minutes ago I received a phone call from their attorney, | 可是 10分钟前我接到律师的电话 |
[33:11] | – threatening to file a harassment suit against this office – Sir,nothing is as it appears to be. | – 威胁要控告我们办公室骚扰 – 长官 事实不是那样的 |
[33:15] | because one of my employees paid an unannounced visit… | 因为我的一个部下没有授权就去… |
[33:17] | The people that you think murdered the Burkes have been dead for months and months! | 你认为杀了Burkes的人 已经死了好几个月了! |
[33:21] | Dead! For months and months– how could that be? | 死了! 好几个月– 怎么可能? |
[33:24] | Their DNA was found all over the Burkes’ bodies! | 在Burkes夫妇的尸体旁边 他们的DNA到处都是! |
[33:26] | Yes,those two criminals’ DNA was found all over the Burkes’ bodies | 这两人的DNA在Burkes夫妇尸体旁边 |
[33:29] | because someone dug them up and spread their DNA all over the Burkes’ bodies. | 因为有人把他们挖了出来 把他们的DNA洒在Burkes夫妇的尸体旁边 |
[33:33] | And who would do that? | 谁会那样做? |
[33:34] | The Skahans! | Skahans夫妇! |
[33:38] | They murdered those two men six months ago. | 他们六个月前谋杀了那两个人 |
[33:40] | Then they buried their bodies nearby the Burkes’ cabin. | 然后把尸体埋在Burke的小木屋附近 |
[33:43] | Then they dug them up,so that they could plant evidence | 这样他们把他们挖了出来 就可以散布假证据 |
[33:46] | aftertheymurdered the Burkes three days ago. | 在三天前他们杀死了Burke夫妇之后 |
[33:52] | That is why we need these bloodhounds. | 这就是为什么需要警犬 |
[33:55] | Sir,if we don’t waste time arguing, those graves will still be fresh. | 长官 如果我们不费时间在这争吵 那些坟墓还是刚挖好的 |
[34:01] | They shouldn’t hard to find. | 不会很难发现 |
[34:06] | – Allison Dubois? – Allison Dubois. – Allison Dubois? | |
[34:08] | Well,what are the chances? Do you know? We have the same last name. | 真巧我们同一个姓哎 |
[34:11] | What do you say we get married? | 你说我们是不是应该结婚? |
[34:13] | No,I can’t– my kids are home alone, my husband’s working late,sorry. | 不 我不能– 我的孩子独自在家 我丈夫还要工作到很晚 抱歉 |
[34:18] | Well,actually, I’m going home. | 事实上 我要回家了 |
[34:21] | I finally spoke to Terry, so I’m gonna get out of here. | 我最终和Terry谈了谈 我准备走了 |
[34:26] | Oh,by the way, I,uh,I called the girls, I spoke to Ariel, everybody’s fine. | 顺便说一下 我给姑娘们打了电话 我跟Ariel说过 每个人都很好 |
[34:30] | Yeah,I know– I talked to her,too. | 是的 我知道– 我也跟她打过电话了 |
[34:31] | So,wait a second,you said you talked to Terry Cavanaugh? What did he say? | 等等 你说你和Terry Cavanaugh谈过了? 他怎么说? |
[34:35] | Oh,it was painful. | 很痛苦 |
[34:36] | Um,I tried to convince him not to settle. | 我尝试说服他不要息事宁人 |
[34:39] | I told him I thought we should fight, and he said I should worry about building solar cells | 我说我们要反击 他说我应该费心造太阳能电池 |
[34:43] | and leave all the business stuff to him. | 把商业上的事留给他 |
[34:45] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[34:47] | They start negotiating with Brantley’s attorney tomorrow, | 他们明天和Brantley的律师谈判 |
[34:49] | and he says he thinks the whole thing’ll be over in a week. | 他说他认为这事一个星期之内就能解决 |
[34:55] | Joe,I-I got to go; Devalos is calling me. I’ll be home as soon as I can. | Joe 我要挂了 Devalos在叫我 我也尽快回家 |
[35:05] | I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一个对不起 |
[35:08] | We found them. | 找到他们了 |
[35:10] | Zach Giltner and Jacob Vallillo. Both bodies were buried in the woods behind the Burkes’ cabin. | Zach Giltner和Jacob Vallillo 他们被埋在Burke的小屋后树林里 |
[35:16] | So what do we do now, we pick up the Skahans? | 我们现在怎么办 把Skahans夫妇抓起来? |
[35:19] | I don’t think I can– there’s still no evidence to link them to any of these murders. | 我想我们不能– 我们还没有直接证据 能够证明他们和最近这起谋杀案有关 |
[35:23] | Uh,unless something new presents itself, I have no grounds to go after them on. | 除非有新的证据出现 我没有理由去追查他们 |
[35:28] | You know,if the Skahans did do this, they did a terrific job of covering it up. | 如果Skahans夫妇确实做过这些 他们一定非常仔细的来掩饰 |
[35:32] | I’m starting to think they might even get away with it. | 我都开始认为他们可以逃脱这一切了 |
[35:47] | Do you know it’s 5:00 in the morning? What are you doing? | 知道到现在是早晨5:00吗? 你在干什么? |
[35:51] | I’m trying to find a logical explanation for something that seems to defy logic. | 我尝试在这些没有逻辑的事里找出逻辑 |
[35:56] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[35:57] | Well,if this is every piece of paper that ever crossed my desk while I worked at Aerodytech, | 如果这是我在航天科技工作期间 每一张交到我桌上的文件 |
[36:01] | and this is a copy of something that I apparently saw and commented on, | 这是那张我见过并且评过的文件复印件 |
[36:05] | then how come I can’t find the original, how come I can’t find my copy? | 为什么我找不到原件 我怎么会找不到我那份复印件呢? |
[36:09] | Well,maybe you made your comments on the one you gave to Brantley Atkins and he has the original. | 也许你评论过后就给Brantley Atkins 所以原件在他手上 |
[36:14] | No. No,’cause I have everything. I have… I have a… | 不 不 我有所有的文件 我有… 我有… |
[36:18] | I have the bulletins that they announce the specials on at the cafeteria, I have it all. | 我连他们说餐厅的特餐公告都有 |
[36:24] | I mean,he’s swearing that I did this. You’re swearing that I did this. | 他发誓说我做过这个 你发誓我做过这个 |
[36:27] | No. No,I didn’t, I didn’t say that. I’d never say such a thing. | 不 不 我没有 我没有说过 我没有说过啊 |
[36:31] | I know you’re not capable of such a thing. | 我知道你没有能力做这样的事情 |
[36:34] | I just said,whatever he’s saying on that tape is the truth. | 我只是说 他在录像带上说的是真话 |
[36:38] | And you don’t see a contradiction in that? | 你没有看到矛盾之处? |
[36:41] | Not necessarily. | 没有必要 |
[36:42] | The piece of paper that you’re holding in your hand, is that the same one you gave to Mr. Dubois? | 你手中拿的那张纸和你给Dubois先生的一样吗? |
[36:46] | It is. | 是的 |
[36:50] | No buzzer,right? | 没有响铃 是吗? |
[36:52] | No buzzer.But all he’s saying is, | 没有响铃 但是他所说的是 |
[36:53] | the piece of paper he’s holding in his hand is the same one he gave to you. | 他手里的文件和给你的是一样的 |
[36:57] | He’s not saying thatpaper… | 他没有说那份文件… |
[37:00] | and this paper are the same paper. | 和这份文件是一样的 |
[37:03] | I can’t even see the paper he’s holding in his hand. | 我甚至看不到他手里的文件 |
[37:05] | You mean,you think he’s talking about a different memo? | 你的意思是 他拿了不同的一份文件? |
[37:13] | Hello,Brantley. | 你好 Brantley |
[37:17] | I have to say,this is highly inappropriate,Joe, meeting like this, given our current situation. | 必须要说 这样见面很不合适 Joe 这样见面 考虑到我们现在的情形 |
[37:22] | I realize that– I just thought perhaps we could make a little more headway if we met face-to-face. | 我意识到– 我想也许我们可以更进一步 如果我们可以面对面的谈谈 |
[37:27] | Whatever,Joe. | 随便吧 Joe |
[37:31] | I know this has been difficult for you. | 我知道这对你来说很难 |
[37:33] | I’ve always liked you. | 我一直都很喜欢你 |
[37:36] | It’s just business; this is nothing personal. | 这只是公事 不是我跟你有私仇 |
[37:39] | Yeah,I’ve been hearing that a lot this week. | 是的 这周我经常听到这句话 |
[37:42] | So I must admit,I mean, this whole thing had me really confused. | 我必须承认 整件事让我很困惑 |
[37:46] | I watched your testimony over and over– I was convinced that you were lying. | 我一遍一遍的看你的证词– 我很确信你在撒谎 |
[37:51] | You said that you gave me this piece of paper, this memo. | 你说了你给我了这份文件 这份备忘录 |
[37:58] | But you weren’t lying. I mean,not technically. You did give me that piece of paper. | 但是你没说谎 我的意思是 技术上 你给了我那份文件 |
[38:01] | The only problem was, it didn’t look like that when you gave it to me. | 唯一的问题是 这不像是你给我的那张 |
[38:05] | It looked like this. | 而是这张 |
[38:11] | H- How’d you do it? Is it like check-washing? | 你是怎么做的? 像是伪造支票吗? |
[38:14] | How much time did you have to spend doctoring this memo? | 你花了多少时间来伪造这份文件? |
[38:20] | This doesn’t change anything– I’m not dropping the suit. | 这什么也改变不了– 我不会放弃起诉的 |
[38:23] | That’s up to you,man. I don’t care. | 随便你吧 我无所谓 |
[38:28] | I’m confident this idea is mine and mine alone. | 我很自信 主意是我的 我一个人的 |
[38:32] | But when people find out what you did here, | 但是当别人发现你所做的以后 |
[38:34] | and it ruins any semblance of a reputation that you might have, | 这会毁了你所有的名声 |
[38:38] | it’s not business, it’s personal. | 那就不是公事 而是私事了 |
[38:47] | I’m sure by now you’ve seen these pictures in the paper and on TV. | 我向你们已经在电视报纸上看过这些了 |
[38:51] | These are the men who killed the Burkes? | 就是这两个个人杀了Burke夫妇吗? |
[38:55] | They were also the main suspects in an armored car robbery five years ago. | 他们也是5年前一起 抢劫案的主要嫌疑犯 |
[38:59] | We found their DNA at the murder scene last week and assumed that we had our killers. | 我们在上星期的凶案现场发现了他们的DNA 并且认为他们就是凶手 |
[39:05] | Funny thing,though, yesterday… | 然而 有趣的事是 昨天… |
[39:08] | we found their bodies in two recently dug graves behind the Burkes’ cabin. | 我们发现了他们的尸体 被埋在Burke小木屋附近 |
[39:13] | And based on the rate of decomposition, | 并且根据腐蚀程度 |
[39:14] | the medical examiner is fairly certain that they’ve been dead several months. | 法医官认定他们已经死了几个月了 |
[39:18] | We believe whoever killed the Burkes would’ve had to have known | 我们认为不管谁杀了Burke夫妇 一定也知道 |
[39:20] | where these bodies were buried in order to plant that DNA evidence. | 他们的尸体埋在哪 才能利用他们的DNA嫁祸给他们 |
[39:25] | I – I’m sorry,what does all this have to do with us? | 对不起 这些和我们有什么关系? |
[39:29] | You don’t know? | 你不知道? |
[39:32] | It means that we’re looking for a person or persons who killed not just two people but four. | 意思是我们找的凶手 不是杀了两个人 而是四个 |
[39:38] | These two men five or six months ago, and the Burkes earlier this week. | 5 6个月前杀了那两个人 而这周杀了Burke夫妇 |
[39:43] | And we think we found them. | 我们认为我们找到他们了 |
[39:46] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[39:50] | Wha… You mean us? | 什么… 你的意思是我们? |
[39:52] | A – Are you suggesting the two of us are responsible for these killings? | 你们暗示我们是凶杀案的嫌疑人? |
[39:57] | No,Mr. Skahan,we’re not suggesting the two of you, just Julie. | 不 Skahan先生 我们不是暗示你们两个 而是Julie |
[40:02] | You see, the killer took great care in planting DNA evidence at the Burke murder scene, | 凶手很仔细的 在Burke现场布下DNA证据 |
[40:07] | but what he,or she,forgot was to take equal care after killing these two men. | 但是他或她忘了仔细处理 他们杀死的那两个人 |
[40:13] | And we believe the killer’s DNA is still on one of them, left behind after a forcible sex act. | 我们相信凶手的DNA 还在他们之中一人的身上 在强奸之后 |
[40:19] | Even if it were, that hardly proves… | 即使还有 很难证明… |
[40:23] | Well,it proves that both of you lied– | 这证明你们都在撒谎– |
[40:25] | about that night, about being there, about what happened. | 关于那晚 关于在不在场 关于发生了什么 |
[40:28] | It gives me means and motive, at least as far as the murders of Vallillon and Giltner are concerned. | 这就给了我们手段和动机 至少Vallillon和Giltner的谋杀案 |
[40:34] | And since the attacks and murders occurred at the Burkes’ cabin, | 因为袭击发生在Burke夫妇的小木屋 |
[40:37] | it’s not unreasonable to assume that they were witnesses | 很有理由相信他们是目击证人 |
[40:41] | and killed to assure their silence. | 为了让他们保密而杀了他们 |
[40:45] | Mrs. Skahan,I’m in possession of a court order compelling you to provide us with a DNA sample. | Skahan夫人 我有法庭的搜查令 强制你给我们你的DNA样本 |
[40:51] | Detective Scanlon here will escort you downstairs. | Scanlon侦探会带你到楼下 |
[40:55] | Wait. Wait. | 等等 等等 |
[40:57] | I’m sorry,Mr. Skahan,you… you have something to add? | 对不起 Skahan先生 你… 你有什么要补充的吗? |
[41:05] | I killed the Burkes. | 我杀了Burke夫妇 |
[41:08] | Julie wasn’t even there. | Julie不在那 |
[41:11] | I killed the Burkes. | 我杀了Burke夫妇 |
[41:13] | Well,that’s very noble, Mr. Skahan, but I need more than your word, I need proof. | 那是很高尚 Skahan先生 我需要不仅仅是你的陈述 还要证据 |
[41:18] | Michael,no. | Michael 不 |
[41:21] | – In the garage. – No. | – 在车库 – 不 |
[41:24] | Under the drain in the floor. | 在车床的地板下面 |
[41:26] | That’s where I put the gun I used to kill them. | 那就是我藏凶枪的地方 |
[41:31] | And those two bastards who wanted to rape my wife. | 那两个混蛋想强奸我的妻子 |
[41:37] | And I’d do it again. | 我还会这么做的 |
[41:39] | Oh,Michael… | |
[41:41] | He’s lying. | 他在撒谎 |
[41:43] | Mr. Skahan? | Skahan先生? |
[41:46] | I’m prepared to dictate a confession… right now. | 我准备做份笔录… 现在 |
[41:52] | Lee. Get a stenographer up here,please. | Lee 请叫一位速记员来 |
[41:56] | You can’t do this; you can’t let this happen. | 你不能这样做 你不能让这发生 |
[42:01] | Say something. You have to say something. | 说点什么 你必须说点什么 |
[42:06] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[42:12] | You all right? | 你还好吗? |
[42:15] | Yeah. It’s like she said on television. | 是的 就像她在电视上说的 |
[42:19] | She would do anything for him. | 她会为他做任何事 |
[42:22] | And I guess he’d do anything for her. | 我猜他也会为她做任何事 |
[42:28] | Take the man’s confession. | 带他做笔录 |