时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Well,well,look who finally decided to wake up. | 瞧瞧 有人终于睡醒了 |
[00:20] | Joe… Where are we? Whats this place? | Joe… 我们在哪里? 这是哪里? |
[00:24] | What do you mean,at iis place? | 什么叫这是哪里? |
[00:26] | This is our bedroom. You’re in our bed. | 这是我们的睡房 你在你床上 |
[00:28] | Con,hurry up,’cause I got to meet Terry at 10:00. | 快起来了 我十点要去见Terry |
[00:31] | Are you wearing tennis whites? | 你穿的是网球衫? |
[00:33] | Yes,I’m wearing tennis whites. The are the rules at the club. | 没错 是网球衫 这是俱乐部的规定 |
[00:36] | Come on. Come on. Girls got their riding lessons in 45 minutes. | 快快 再过45分钟 姑娘们就要上马术课了 |
[00:44] | Joe,I don’t know what’s going on here. | Joe 我不知道这是怎么回事 |
[00:47] | But this is not our house. | 但这里不是我们家 |
[00:48] | What are you talng about? This is our house. Of course it’s our house. | 你在瞎说什么呢? 这里是我们家 当然是我们家了 |
[00:51] | I’ll show you the deed if you don’t believe me. | 我可以给你看房产证 如果你不信的话 |
[01:05] | Damn. I know how to live. | 搞什么啊 不是在做梦吧 |
[01:10] | Dad,I think the heater in the pool’s broken. | 爸爸 游泳池里的加热器坏了 |
[01:14] | We have a pool? | 我们家有游泳池? |
[01:15] | Of course we have a pool. | 当然有游泳池了 |
[01:17] | How else would we swimming every day? | 不然我们每天去哪里游泳? |
[01:21] | Are you okayMom? | 你没事吧 妈妈? |
[01:23] | Yeah,I-I guess so. | 没事 我没事 |
[01:26] | Actually,I think I’m… I’m great. | 事实上 我感觉… 好极了 |
[01:30] | This place is amazing. | 这地方太棒了 |
[01:32] | It’s everything we ever wanted. | 真是梦寐以求的地方 |
[01:36] | What’s back there? Well,let me guess. It’s maid’s quarters? | 那里是什么? 我猜猜 是佣人房? |
[01:40] | Hey,Allison. Allison,hey,hey,hey! What are you doing? | Allison 嘿嘿嘿! 你在干嘛? |
[01:42] | What do you mean? I’m checking out my house. | 你在说什么? 我在欣赏我家呢 |
[01:44] | Okay,that’s fine. But we don’t go in that room. You ow that. | 欣赏可以 但不能进那房间 你知道的 |
[01:49] | Oh,come on,everybody. Lighten up. It’s just a room. | 好了 紧张什么 那只是个房间 |
[01:53] | Mom,we’re not allowed to go in there. | 妈妈 我们不能进那个房间 |
[01:55] | Not ever. That’s the deal,remember? | 永远都不能 那是约定 记得吗? |
[01:57] | Deal? What deal? | 约定? 什么约定? |
[01:58] | This is our house,isn’t it? This is our room. | 这是我们的家 不是吗? 这是我们的房间 |
[02:01] | – Allison! – Mom! | – 妈妈! |
[02:47] | Medium Season05 Episode13 & 14 How to Make a Killing in Big Business | 第13 14集 杀机暗藏 |
[02:59] | “Roof is to house as summit is to…” | “屋顶对于屋子 相当于峰顶对于…” |
[03:02] | – Mountain? – Good. | – 高山? – 很好 |
[03:04] | “Composer is to melody as autr is to…” | “音乐家谱曲 而作家…” |
[03:07] | – Uh,book. – Excellent. | – 写书 – 好极了 |
[03:09] | That is the dumbest question I have ever heard. | 这是我听过最蠢的问题了 |
[03:12] | What’s that supposed to teach you? | 它能给你什么启示? |
[03:14] | “If you’re looking for a melody,don’t look in a book?” | “如果你想听首歌 别从书上找?” |
[03:17] | I don’t t it. | 我搞不懂了 |
[03:18] | It’s an analogy. | 那是类比 |
[03:19] | It’s not supposed to teach you anything. | 而不是为了给你启示 |
[03:21] | It tests your understanding of language. | 是测试你对语言的理解能力 |
[03:23] | And Daddy’s helping me get ready for the PSATs. | 爸爸是在帮我准备PSAT考试 |
[03:25] | – What’s that? – It’s a test. | – 那是什么? – 一次考试 |
[03:27] | Okay,and if I do well enough,that means I might get into a good college, | 如果发挥得够好 就可以上一流大学 |
[03:30] | which means I can move far away and never see you again. | 也就是说我可以搬得远远的 再也不用见到你 |
[03:32] | So,please,leave me alone so I can practice. | 所以拜托你 别打扰我练习 |
[03:37] | Any chance you could take the girls in today? | 今天姑娘们交给你了行吗? |
[03:39] | Lee just called me. He wants me to meet him at Fountain Hills. | Lee刚刚打电话给我 让我去喷泉山 |
[03:42] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[03:49] | Hello? | 喂? |
[03:50] | May I speak with Allison Dubois? | 请问是Allison Dubois吗? |
[03:52] | Well,may I ask who’s calling? | 请问你是谁? |
[03:54] | My name is Caitlyn Lynch. | 我叫Caitlyn Lynch |
[03:55] | I’m with the Lydecker Corporation. | 我是Lydecker公司的 |
[03:57] | I know this is going to sound kind of out of the blue, | 我知道这听起来会有些唐突 |
[04:00] | but I’ve been tracking your career for some time now. | 但我们关注你的工作有一段时间了 |
[04:03] | I was wondering if it might be possible to set up a meeting withou | 请问你是否愿意跟我们见个面 |
[04:06] | to discuss a potential business opportunity. | 来谈谈潜在的商机 |
[04:08] | Uh,what kind of “business opportunity”? | 什么样的”商机”? |
[04:10] | Well,I’d rely prer to discuss that with you person. | 我们很有诚意想和你当面谈谈 |
[04:13] | I actually have an opening in my schedule at 1:00 today. | 下午一点我正好要参加揭幕仪式 |
[04:16] | Is there any possibility we could meet for lunch? | 不如我们一起共进午餐吧? |
[04:18] | Lunch today? I don’t think so. I’m working. | 今天中午? 我想不行 我还有工作 |
[04:21] | Well,I’m happy to come to you. | 那我也很乐意专程过去见你 |
[04:23] | I was thinking we could meet at Firmament. | 我们可以在苍穹大饭店见面 |
[04:26] | Firmament?Well,that’s very nice of you, | 苍穹大饭店? 你太客气了 |
[04:28] | but don’t think I can meet you for lunch today at Firmament. | 但我今天恐怕没这荣幸 和你去苍穹大饭店了 |
[04:31] | Is there a day that might be better? | 那么哪一天去比较方便呢? |
[04:36] | I don’t think so. | 我想不必了 |
[04:38] | You know,I really have to get going,uh,Caitlyn,but thank you for thinking of me. | 我还有事 必须要走了 Caitlyn 谢谢你的邀约 |
[04:43] | You just turned down lunch at Firmament? | 你推掉了苍穹大饭店的饭局? |
[04:46] | That’s the hottest place in town. | 那可是城里最棒的饭店 |
[04:48] | Who wanted to take you there? | 是谁要请你去? |
[04:50] | I don’t know. Some woman from the Lydecker Corporation. | 不知道 Lydecker公司的一个女人 |
[04:53] | She wanted to talk to me about a “business opportunity.” | 她想和我谈谈”商机” |
[04:56] | The Lydecker Corporation? | Lydecker公司? |
[04:58] | Don’t they make everything? | 那家公司不是很牛吗? |
[05:01] | Maybe you should hear what she has to say. | 或许你该去看看她会怎么说 |
[05:03] | No,I don’t think so. | 不 我不去 |
[05:05] | She probably read about me in the papers last year, | 她可能是从去年的报纸上看到我的 |
[05:06] | wants to hire me for some kind of “private reading.” | 可能是想雇我帮他们”窥探隐私” |
[05:10] | You know I’m not really interested in that kind of thing. | 我对那档子事可没什么兴趣 |
[05:14] | I don’t know,for a lunch at Firmament,maybe you could feign a little interest. | 是吗 苍穹大饭店的午餐耶 或许你可以假装你有兴趣 |
[05:20] | Her name’s Autumn Colville. | 她叫Autumn Colville |
[05:21] | She’s a paralegal who works downtown. | 她是城里的律师助理 |
[05:22] | Her mother reported her missing yesterday. | 她母亲昨天报案说她失踪 |
[05:25] | Autumn’s car is still parked in her parking spot. | Autumn的车在停车位上没动过 |
[05:27] | Her parents found groceries,still in their bags,melting on her kitchen counter, | 她父母发现食物还装在袋子里 散落在厨房桌台上 |
[05:31] | so I think it’s highly likely she was abducted from her apartment. | 我想她很有可能是从家里被绑走了 |
[05:36] | Autumn’s mom said we’re welcome to do another walk-through. | Autumn母亲同意让我们再次进屋检查 |
[05:39] | Tell me if you can see anything. | 如果你看到什么了就告诉我 |
[05:42] | Sure,of course. I just hope I can be of some kind of help. | 当然 我希望我能帮上忙 |
[05:52] | Oh,my God… | 噢 天哪… |
[05:54] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[05:56] | Oh,the blood. And that corpse. | 血迹 还有尸体 |
[06:00] | What corpse? | 什么尸体? |
[06:08] | She was right there. | 就在那里 |
[06:10] | Autumn Colville. | |
[06:12] | She was lying right there,dead. | 她就躺在那儿 死了 |
[06:16] | Oh,her eyes… Someone had taken her eyes. | 她的眼睛.. 有人挖了她的眼睛 |
[06:20] | We’ve been through thislace a few times; | 这里我们已经勘验过好几遍了 |
[06:21] | there’s been no idence to suggest that kind of violence occurred here. | 没有任何暴力袭击的迹象 |
[06:24] | I mean,look at this place. | 看看这地方 |
[06:27] | Well,I saw it. | 我看到了 |
[06:29] | Who’s to say that the killer didn’t clean up after himself? | 谁说杀手作案后不会 自己清理现场的? |
[06:33] | Well,I guess we’ll get the crime scene boys to come back,take another look. | 我们得请现场勘验人员 再来检查一次 |
[06:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:40] | T-minus 13 days and counting. You ready? | 倒计时13天 你准备好了吗? |
[06:43] | I don’t know. I’ve been taking practice tests,but I have to find a way to g my verbalp. | 我不知道 我一直在做模拟测试 但我还得加强口试能力 |
[06:47] | I’m thinki about asking permission to come to school on Saturday. | 我想申请周六进入学校 |
[06:50] | Sit in an empty classroom and just take a simulated test. | 可以在空教室做模拟测试 |
[06:54] | So I know what it’s gonna feel like on the d of the real one,you know? | 来一次实战演习 明白吗? |
[06:56] | – Seriously? – Yeah,why not? | – 你说真的? – 是的 为什么不试试? |
[06:58] | Ariel! Ashley! | |
[07:02] | Did you guys hear the news? | 你们听说那消息了吗? |
[07:04] | What news? What’s going on? | 什么消息? 发生什么了? |
[07:08] | Do you remember Stacey Anne Burrows? | 你们还记得Stacey Anne Burrows吗? |
[07:10] | Yeah,she transferred to Holy Child after junior high. Why? | 记得 她初中毕业就转去 圣婴学院了 怎么了? |
[07:13] | – She died yesterday. – What? | – 她昨天死了 – 什么? |
[07:16] | Her parents got her a car for her 16th birthday. | 她父母送了她一辆车作为生日礼物 |
[07:18] | And she rolled it yesterday on her way home from school. | 昨天在放学回家的路上翻车了 |
[07:21] | Landed upside-down in a ravine. | 车子翻进一个峡谷 |
[07:23] | You know what the creepiest part is? | 知道最恐怖的是什么吗? |
[07:25] | The crash didn’t kill her. | 不是车祸让她致死的 |
[07:27] | Her car filled up with water and she drowned. | 而是她车里浸满了水 溺毙身亡 |
[07:41] | Allison Dubois? | |
[07:46] | – Do I know you? – No. | – 我认识你吗? – 不认识 |
[07:49] | But I know all about you. | 但我对你了如指掌 |
[07:50] | I’m Caitlyn Lynch. We spoke this morning. | 我是Caitlyn Lynch 我今早给你打过电话 |
[07:54] | Right. Hi. | 没错 你好 |
[07:56] | Sorry to ambush you like this,but I don’t know if I was able to get my point across to you on the phone. | 很抱歉这样打搅你 但我不知道 我在电话里的意思是否表达清楚 |
[08:01] | No,I think you were perfectly clear. | 我想你已经说得很清楚了 |
[08:04] | – but ankly,private readings,things like that I… – Wait. Wait a second. | – 但是坦白说 窥探隐私那种事… – 等等 |
[08:07] | Is that… Is that what you thought I was calling about? | 你以为我打来是为了那种事? |
[08:10] | A private reading? | 窥探隐私? |
[08:12] | Let me,let me explain who I am,what I do. | 让我做下自我介绍 |
[08:15] | I’m what people refer to as a “corporatentuitionist.” | 我就是人们常说的”企业预见师” |
[08:20] | That a job title you’ve heard before? | 你以前听说过这职位吗? |
[08:23] | Like you,I sense things. | 像你一样 我靠感知事物 |
[08:26] | See things,for a living. | 预见事物来谋生 |
[08:28] | But while you use your gifts in the public sector, | 不同的是你用自己的能力 为公共部门服务 |
[08:30] | I’m under contract to a multinational corporation. | 我则是为跨国企业工作 |
[08:34] | – Wait a second. You’re a… – Psychic? | – 等等 那你是… – 灵媒? |
[08:36] | Well,my official title is Executive Vice President of Corporate Strategy. | 我的官衔是企业战略执行副主席 |
[08:42] | But,yes,I’ve developed a reputation for being… | 我因对商行趋势的走向略知一二 |
[08:46] | sensitive to business trends. | 而名声大噪 |
[08:49] | The success or failure of products in development. | 比如产品推广的成功与否 |
[08:53] | Shifts in public appetites. | 符不符合大众的口味 |
[08:55] | It’s brought me a lot of money. | 收入颇丰 |
[08:59] | The man I work for,Mr. Lydecker, | 我的老板 Lydecker先生 |
[09:02] | is a great believer in unconventional thinking when it comes to business. | 是一个对商业有着前卫思考的人 |
[09:08] | He’s a leader,not a follower. | 他绝对是个领袖而不是追随者 |
[09:11] | And he and I were wondering if we could possibly entice you into coming and working with us. | 我们在想办法让你跳槽来我们公司 |
[09:18] | You offering me a job? | 你要请我去工作? |
[09:21] | Well,that’s…that’s very flattering, | 真是…我真是受宠若惊 |
[09:24] | but I genuinely like what I’m doing now,what I’m doing here. | 但我很满意我现在这里的工作 |
[09:28] | And besides,I-I don’t know anything about pducts or trends or appetites. | 况且我根本不懂什么产品销量 也不懂什么大众口味 |
[09:32] | Believe me,I didn’t start out dreaming about market shortfalls, | 相信我 我也不是 上来就梦到市场短缺 |
[09:36] | or,or impulse buys based on psychographic data. | 或者根据消费心态形成的购买冲动 |
[09:41] | But I do now. And you will,too. | 但我现在会梦到 你也不例外 |
[09:46] | Think about it. | 好好考虑下 |
[09:51] | Obviously,we’re talking about a high six-figure salary. | 我们显然在谈一份6位数工资的工作 |
[09:57] | Discuss it with your husband. | 跟你老公好好商量下吧 |
[09:59] | If ye intrigued,givee a call. | 有兴趣的话打电话给我 |
[10:09] | What did you say? | 你怎么说? |
[10:10] | I didn’t say anything. I didn’t really get a chance. | 我什么也没说 我也没有机会插嘴 |
[10:14] | She told me to call her if I was interested. | 她说要是我有意向的话就打电话给她 |
[10:16] | Well,you are interested,aren’t you? | 那你有没有兴趣? |
[10:19] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道 我不知道 |
[10:24] | I guess I’m intrigued. | 我想我有点着迷了 |
[10:26] | That’s the word she kept using– intrigued. | 她就一直在用这个词…着迷 |
[10:29] | What exactly does it mean when they say higsix figures? | 他们说的6位数薪水究竟是什么意思? |
[10:33] | It means you need toall her tomorrow. | 意思是明天你得打电话给她 |
[10:34] | You need to find out what this is all about. | 去看看究竟是什么样的工作 |
[10:36] | I didn’t even know people like me worked for big corporations. | 我都不知道像我这样的人 能为大公司做事 |
[10:40] | This woman Caitlyn said she spots trends. | 这个叫Caitlyn的女人能预见行业趋势 |
[10:42] | I don’t know anything about trends. | 我对行业趋势一窍不通 |
[10:44] | Come on. Don’t do that. | 拜托 别这样了 |
[10:46] | Don’t do what? What am I doing? | 别怎样? 我做什么了? |
[10:48] | You’re just doing this “aw,shucks” thing. Don’t do that aw,shucks thing. | 你在妄自菲薄 别再这样看不起自己了 |
[10:52] | Look,I’d just like to see you acknowledge the fa that you’re very good at what you do. | 听着 我很高兴你明白 自己正在发挥所长 |
[10:56] | And an enormous corporation has taken notice of that And according to this Caitlyn woman, | 然后有一间大公司注意到了你的才能 根据这位叫Caitlyn的女人所说 |
[11:00] | they’re willing to pay you hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to do it for them. | 他们愿意花重金聘请你为他们工作 |
[11:05] | I think you need to take this seriously. | 我觉得你要重视下 |
[11:07] | I think you need to calthis woman. | 我认为你应该回个电 |
[11:09] | If you don’t like what you hear,then fine. | 如果不如意的话也没事 |
[11:11] | But you owe it to yourself,to the kids,to me to at least give it a listen. | 但是为了你自己和孩子们 还有我 至少你也可以去听下 |
[11:55] | Sir,I’m sorry to bother you. | 长官 打扰下 |
[11:56] | Oh,hey,you must have read my mind. | 你肯定是会读心术 |
[12:00] | Really,what did it say? | 真的? 此话怎讲? |
[12:03] | I’m sorry. You came to see me. | 开玩笑的 你找我? |
[12:07] | Yes,um,I need to take a little personal time this afternoon. | 是的 我下午有点私事想请个假 |
[12:10] | I know it’s short notice,but… | 我知道很仓促 但是… |
[12:12] | Nah,that’s all right. | 没关系 |
[12:13] | I have to be in court most of the day anyway. | 我一整天都要呆在法庭 |
[12:15] | Truth is,I probably wouldn’t have even noticed you were gone | 老实说 你要是不说 我还真不会注意到你不在 |
[12:17] | if you hadn’t told me,so thanks for the heads-up. | 所以还要谢谢你的提醒 |
[12:20] | Yo uh,you want to walk with me? | 我们边走边说? |
[12:24] | So after you called me last night,I had the team go and dredge beneath thrthur Bridge. | 昨晚我们通过话后 我就派人在Thrthur大桥进行打捞 |
[12:29] | Scanlon just called. They found the remains of Autumn Colville. | Scanlon刚来电说挖出了 Autumn Colville的尸体 |
[12:32] | In three separate duffle bags. | 分别装在三个帆布袋里 |
[12:33] | – Oh,my God. – That’s not all. | – 上帝 – 更糟的是 |
[12:35] | There were several more duffel bags down there. | 还有好几个帆布袋 |
[12:37] | When they opened them up,they found the butchered body parts of two more girls. | 他们打开检查 发现另外两个被截肢的女孩 |
[12:41] | And their eyes were missing as well. | 她们的眼睛也被挖走了 |
[12:43] | Looks like we got ourselves a serial killer. | 看来我们面对的是个连环凶手 |
[12:47] | Do whatever it is you need to do. I’ll find you if I need you. | 忙你的去吧 要是有需要我会找你的 |
[12:50] | And stop looking so guil. | 别一副很内疚的样子 |
[12:52] | Everybody takea little personal time now and then. | 每个人偶尔都需要点私人时间 |
[13:15] | My name’s Allison Dubois. I’m here to see Caitlyn Lynch. | 我叫Allison Dubois 我来找Caitlyn Lynch |
[13:37] | Thinking***** | 放眼全球 立足天下 |
[13:40] | Allison? | |
[13:42] | I’m so pleased you decided to come by. | 真高兴你能过来 |
[13:45] | Maybe I could work in the lobby. | 要是能在大厅里工作我就满足了 |
[13:49] | Well,if you’re up for it,I thought maybe you could sit in on my 2:00. | 你要是有兴趣的话 能否赏脸来旁听我2点钟的会议 |
[13:52] | Get a feel for the kind of work you’ll be doing here if you decide to take us up on our offer. | 感受下你将要接受的工作 |
[13:57] | That would be great. | 那真是太荣幸了 |
[13:58] | Terrific. And don’t look so nervous. | 太好了 放松点 |
[14:01] | Like your boss said,everybody takes a little persal time now and then. | 就像你老板说的 每个人偶尔都需要点私人时间 |
[14:35] | Oh,my God. | 天啊 |
[14:37] | Stacey Anne? Is that you? | Stacey Anne? 是你吗? |
[14:56] | Whereverou are,with live video chatting on the L-Phone,you never have to miss a meeting. | 无论您置身何处 只要L-Phone在手 任何会议都不会错过 |
[15:00] | Whether your traveling,working from home, | 不管您是旅游还是家庭办公 |
[15:02] | or just somewhere else,the L-Phone makes your presence felt. | 或是其他地点 L-Phone带给你身临其境之感 |
[15:06] | The all-new L-Phone from Lydecker: Changing the way we communicate one face at a time. | Lydecker推出全新L-Phone 改变一对一的传统通讯方式 |
[15:12] | I’m sorry. I don’t think it works. | 不好意思 我觉得不行 |
[15:17] | Everything is aimed squarely at upwardly mobile people on the go. | 这个商品的购买群体定位为 忙碌的白领人群 |
[15:22] | Overachievers with a lot of disposable income. | 或者收入庞大的成功人士 |
[15:26] | But that’s not who’s going to buy ts phone. | 但这些人不会购买这款手机 |
[15:30] | Well,Caitlyn,it’s a $900 cell phone. | Caitlyn 这手机要价高达900美元 |
[15:33] | Now granted,it’s a $900 cell phone with video chat,but still,a $900 phone. | 带有视频聊天功能的高端手机 卖价900美元 |
[15:39] | Who do you suggest we sell it to? | 你觉得我们应该卖给谁? |
[15:41] | Or more importantly,who do you think is going to buy it? | 还是说 你觉得谁会买? |
[15:44] | Kids. | 孩子们 |
[15:46] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你是怎么想的 |
[15:48] | Video chatting is all the ra right now. | 当今流行视频聊天 |
[15:51] | Nobody even buys a computer unless it’s vid chat-capable. | 没人会买不能视频聊天的电脑 |
[15:54] | But here’s the thing. | 问题就在此 |
[15:56] | Grownups are going to realize that they don’t want to be seen by other grownups | 成年人认为他们并不愿意被别人看见 |
[16:00] | unless it’s absolutely necessary. | 除非必须面谈的情况下 |
[16:03] | They’re not going to want to have to put on clothes, | 他们不会因为打一通简短的电话 |
[16:06] | check their makeup put out the cigarette they’re not even supposed to be smoking | 就特意整理着装 梳妆打扮 |
[16:10] | just for a simple phone nversation. | 或者熄灭掉手头的烟蒂 |
[16:14] | Teenagers,on the other hand,love to be seen. | 青少年则喜欢视频聊天 |
[16:19] | They erect virtualonuments to themselves onocial networking sites. | 他们要在网络上安装视频设备 |
[16:24] | This phone is for them– not us. | 这手机是为他们设计的 而不是我们 |
[16:29] | You’re sure about that? | 你确定吗? |
[16:31] | Of course I’m sure,Ted. | 当然了 Ted |
[16:34] | I dreamt it. | 我都梦到过了 |
[16:48] | So… | 你说… |
[16:49] | So,it’s very impresve. | 我说 真是不可思议 |
[16:52] | You’re very impressive. | 你太不可思议了 |
[16:54] | This office,the salary,all of it,but that meeting– | 这办公室 薪水还有其他一切 但对于那场会议… |
[16:59] | I don’t know if I could do that. | 我不知道我能不能胜任 |
[17:01] | I do. I’m certain of it. | 我确信你能 |
[17:04] | Besides,those meetings are a relatively small part of the job. | 况且 那些会议只是我工作的一小部分 |
[17:08] | Most of my work is done right here,in this chair,actually. | 准确地说 我大部分工作都是在 这张椅子上完成的 |
[17:14] | – What do you mean? – Please. | – 怎么说? – 那边坐 |
[17:18] | Twice a day I take two hours of contemplation time. | 每隔一天我就会花2小时深思 |
[17:22] | Which is a fancy way of saying that I lay in that chair, | 说起来有点唬人 其实就是我躺在椅子上 |
[17:26] | shut my eyes and dream about the future of Lydecker. | 闭目凝神 预测Lydecker的未来 |
[17:30] | I’m having one made just for you. | 我还预测了一个关于你的 |
[17:32] | Why? | 为什么? |
[17:33] | What kind of question is that? | 这算什么问题? |
[17:36] | No,I appreciate your confidence. I do. | 不 我的确很欣赏您的自信 |
[17:38] | I just don’t understand why this comny would want to invest in me when they already have you. | 我只是不明白这个公司都有你了 为什么还要花钱雇我? |
[17:43] | Lydecker is a multi-national conglomerate with branches all over the world. | Lydecker是一个横跨多国的联合企业 其分公司遍布全球各地 |
[17:49] | I’m good,Allison,better than good,but I’m still just one woman. | 我很优秀 Allison 几乎完美 但我总归是个女人 |
[17:54] | Even I can’t keep track of everything. | 即使是我也不能做到面面俱到 |
[17:58] | That’s a lot to think about. | 这个问题需要深思熟虑 |
[18:00] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该怎么回答你 |
[18:03] | How about “Yes,” and you’ll start on Monday. | 不如说”好的” 然后你周一开始工作? |
[18:06] | Monday? | 周一? |
[18:08] | I don’t think I could do that. | 我不知道行不行 |
[18:10] | I’ve worked for the District Attorney’s office for years. | 我在地检办公室工作了那么多年了 |
[18:12] | I feel like I’d need to give them some notice. | 我觉得我该通知一声 |
[18:15] | Allison,I respect your loyalty, | Allison 我对你的忠诚表示敬意 |
[18:18] | but Lydecker has just made you an offer th will completely change your life. | 可Lydecker提供的机会 将彻底改变你的生活 |
[18:24] | I think it’s safe to say that the company has taken a big step in your direction. | 可以说 我们已经向你迈出了一大步 |
[18:29] | If you want this job,you’re going to have to take a step towards us. | 如果诚心 你也该有所行动了 |
[18:34] | Sorry to interrupt,Ms. Lynch. | 不好意思打扰了 Lynch小姐 |
[18:36] | Mr. Lydecker is on the phone from Tokyo. | Lydecker先生从东京 打来电话 正在线上 |
[18:38] | Thanks,Donald. | 谢了 Donald |
[18:40] | I’m sorry. I’ve got to take this. | 抱歉 接个电话 |
[18:42] | Allison,it’s a lot to digest. | Allison 好好考虑一下 |
[18:45] | Why don’t you take until the end of the week. | 你有将近一周的时间 |
[18:48] | But by Friday,I’m going to need your answer. | 周五等你的答复 |
[18:51] | Yes? | 喂? |
[18:56] | According to my calculations,this time next week you will be making one dollar | 照我看 下周的这个时候 你的薪水就会跟这些星星一样多 |
[19:02] | for every star that I see. | 一颗一美元 |
[19:06] | No,wait a second. Scratch that. | 慢着 不是一元 |
[19:08] | Make that two dollars. | 一颗两美元好了 |
[19:10] | Well,I haven’t said yes yet. | 我还没答应他们呢 |
[19:12] | I mean,that woman Caitlyn saidhat the hours are gonna be long,unpredicble, | 那个Caitlyn说了 这工作时间长 要随叫随到 |
[19:16] | that I won’t be able to be home as much,pick the girls up from school anymore. | 到时候我就不能像现在这样经常回家 接孩子们放学了 |
[19:21] | We can make th work. | 我们会解决这个问题的 |
[19:23] | How? | 怎么协调? |
[19:24] | Ariel’s gonna be 16 in,like,a minute. | Ariel就要满16了 |
[19:27] | You think if we got her a car,she wouldn’t be willing to play chauffeur for her sisters? | 咱要是给她弄辆车 保准她每天都 愿意当柴可夫司机接妹妹们放学 |
[19:32] | Well,I don’t know if I wanto do that to her. | 我拿不准 |
[19:34] | And what about Mr. Devalos? | 还有 Devalos那边该怎么办? |
[19:36] | He’s probably an excellent driver,but I doubt he’d be interested in driving the girls. | 他肯定技术娴熟 不过不一定愿意接送咱女儿 |
[19:41] | He’s been so good to me. | 他一直对我很好 |
[19:43] | Because he likes you. | 因为你讨他喜欢 |
[19:44] | And he’s gonna want this for you. | 他会乐意让你接这个活儿的 |
[19:47] | He’s your friend,right? | 他是你朋友 对吧? |
[19:50] | So ask him,get his advice. | 那就去问问他 征求一下他的意见 |
[19:52] | If you’re honestly worried about how this decision is gonna affect him, | 你若确实担心这个决定 会对他造成影响 |
[19:55] | I say make him a part of it. | 不妨让他参与其中 |
[20:23] | Time. Time’s up. Time to trade and grade our practice tests. | 时间到了 来互相检查吧 |
[20:28] | But I didn’t answer the last five questions. | 可我还有最后五题没答 |
[20:31] | You’re kidding me. | 搞笑吧 |
[20:33] | You always answer all the questions,even if you have to guess. | 你从来都做得完的 就算猜要也猜完 |
[20:40] | – Hey,are you okay? – Yeah,I’m fine. | – 嘿 你还好吗? – 没啥 |
[20:43] | You want to talk about it? | 想告诉我什么事吗? |
[20:45] | I really don’t think you’d understand. | 你不会明白的 |
[20:51] | Is this about Stacey Anne? | 有关Stacey Anne的? |
[20:55] | I’ve been thinking about her a lot,too. | 我也一直在想她的事 |
[20:57] | I mean… | 因为… |
[20:59] | we knew her,and now she’s dead. | 她死了 就发生在我们身边 |
[21:03] | It’s kind of a lot. | 很震撼 |
[21:05] | I tried studying last night,and I couldn’t. | 昨晚本打算看书的 可我看不进 |
[21:08] | No matter how rd I tried,I couldn’t get focused. | 不管我多想集中精神 就是做不到 |
[21:14] | Can you keep a secret? | 你能保守秘密吗? |
[21:19] | I used thave problems concentrating. | 我以前注意力也不集中 |
[21:21] | Like,I’d get worked up over stuff. | 而且易怒 |
[21:24] | My doctor gave me these. | 于是医生给我开了这剂药 |
[21:30] | Paroxetine? | 甲基帕罗西汀? (抗抑郁药物) |
[21:32] | Yeah,he told my parents I have a mild anxiety disorder. | 没错 他对爸爸妈妈说 我患有轻度焦虑症 |
[21:35] | I mean,I started taking those,and now I get “A”s. | 然后我就一直服用这个 于是就拿”A”了 |
[21:40] | No one knows about this,Ariel. No one. | 不会有人知道的 Ariel |
[21:43] | I mean,I’m only telling you ’cause you’re my best friend. | 我把你当密友才告诉你 |
[21:47] | So,do you want to try one,see if it helps? | 要不 试试看? |
[21:50] | But I don’t have an anxiety disorder. | 可我没得轻度焦虑症 |
[21:52] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[21:53] | I mean,it sounds like you have anxiety. | 听起来就是 |
[22:04] | Okay. Maybe just one. | 好吧 就一片 我试试 |
[22:07] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,I’m afraid that it gives me no pleasure at all | 陪审团诸位成员 此刻我在这里演讲 |
[22:11] | to talk to you this afternoon. | 可我的心情并不轻松 |
[22:13] | As you know,the defendant has served our municipality as city controller | 如各位所知 被告作为民选审计长 |
[22:17] | for more than 12 years now… | 已经为市政府工作了12年多… |
[22:20] | – How’s it going? – Oh,great. He’s just about done. | – 怎样了? – 很好 就要总结了 |
[22:24] | The judge is gonna call lunch recess any minute. | 马上就会午间退庭 |
[22:27] | Well,I need to talk to him. | 我得跟他谈谈 |
[22:29] | – Will you tell him I’ll be waiting outside? – Yeah. | – 麻烦告诉他我在外面 – 好 |
[22:31] | an abuse of power so flagrant,the mayor’s office itself contacted… | 如此明目张胆地渎职 市长办公室更容易接触到… |
[22:37] | I don’t want to leave. I really don’t. | 我真的不想走 |
[22:41] | I just don’t know how I could pass this up. | 我只是不知道该如何拒绝 |
[22:48] | Sir,you’re not saying anything. | 长官 你怎么不说话 |
[22:51] | Sorry,I was thinking about my stock portfolio. | 不好意思 想股票去了 |
[22:54] | I have a small position in the Lydecker Corporation,and… | 我还有一小份Lydecker企业股票 |
[22:58] | I’m thinking now might be a good time to double it. | 也许我该抓住时机 再买一份 |
[23:04] | So you’re saying I should take it. | 你的意思是 答应他们 |
[23:06] | How do you not take it? | 你怎能拒绝得了? |
[23:08] | I wish I could tempt you with a counteroffer,but this is a city office; | 我也希望抛出诱人的条件留住你 可咱是清水衙门 |
[23:12] | the numbers that you’re talking about,the benefits,the governor doesn’t make that much. | 他们的薪酬和好处太富足 政府官员不能拿那么多 |
[23:19] | Look,uh… | 听着… |
[23:20] | as sad as I’m gonna be to see you go,and… | 即使你的离去会令我很伤心 你又如此重要… |
[23:25] | as valuable as you are,you’re talking about your family’s future here. I… | 但你面对的是家庭和未来 |
[23:32] | I don’t see how you can leave that on the table. | 我不认为你能将这些弃之于不顾 |
[23:38] | They want me to start right away. | 他们想立即开工 |
[23:39] | In fact,they’re insisting that I start on Monday. But… | 周一就去 可… |
[23:42] | leaving you while we’re in the middle of this whole serial killer thing,I… | 让我在这个关键时刻离去 我真的… |
[23:46] | Allison,I admire your dedication,but believe it or not, | Allison 我欣赏你的奉献精神 但相信我 |
[23:51] | we used to catch criminals before you came to work for us, | 你来局里之前我们也能抓到犯人 |
[23:53] | and I’m betting that we can keep on catching ’em once you’re gone. | 你走了我们能照常工作 |
[23:57] | But,uh… | 可… |
[24:01] | damn,I’m gonna miss you. | 唉 我一定会想你的 |
[24:07] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我也是 |
[24:09] | That doesn’t mean I can’t pick up the phone and give you a… | 我还能偶尔拿起电话… |
[24:12] | a call from… from time to time,right? | 跟你聊聊天吗? |
[24:15] | You better. | 一定要的啊 |
[24:38] | I’m home! | 我回来了! |
[24:46] | What’s going on? What’s all this stuff? | 这是什么? |
[24:48] | – Hi,Mom! – I’ve got presents. | – 妈! – 有人送礼物来啦 |
[24:51] | Caitlyn Lynch and the people at Lydecker sent them over. | Caitlyn Lynch和Lydecker公司 派人送来的 |
[24:56] | We love Lydecker! We love Lydecker! | Lydecker太棒了! |
[25:10] | Oh,man,I hope I’m doing the right thing. | 老天 真希望我没迈错步子 |
[25:13] | Well,if it makes you feel any better,they certainly sent nice gifts. | 不过是些漂亮礼品 这样想会好过点 |
[25:16] | I’m not psychic,but I know what you’re thinking. | 我虽不是精神分析专家 但我知道你在想什么 |
[25:19] | Just because good things are happening for you, | 不一定因为你捡了便宜 |
[25:21] | just because good things are happening for us does not necessarily mean that | 我们捡了便宜 |
[25:23] | there are bad things right around the corner. | 坏事就将尾随而至 |
[25:26] | It doesn’t? | 是吗? |
[25:27] | Why aren’t you entitled to a nice job? | 谁说你不配拥有一份体面的工作? |
[25:30] | Working with people who want to pay you well and treat you like you’re special,which you are. | 凭什么你就不能遇见慷慨的老板 像伯乐一样赏识你 |
[25:35] | Why? Come on. | 嗯? |
[25:36] | You be happy for you; I’m happy for you. | 你为自己高兴 我为你高兴 |
[25:38] | You deserve it. Now you be happy for you. Now,come on. | 本该如此嘛 为自己而高兴吧 |
[25:41] | Get up off that bed. | 现在 从床上起来 |
[25:43] | Let’s round up the girls,and let’s go celebrate. | 跟孩子们玩玩 庆祝庆祝 |
[25:45] | Yeah,I’m talking,let’s go crazy. Crazy. | 真的 来疯吧 |
[25:48] | Let’s order appetizers and desserts. | 再吃顿大餐 甜点啊开胃菜啊 |
[25:50] | Yeah,I’m talking… I’m talking valet the car. | 还可以找人洗车 |
[25:53] | I don’t know if I can handle this. | 哦 这我可说不好 |
[25:55] | Oh,yeah,yeah,yeah. I’m talking let’s lose our minds. | 一起来玩儿吧 |
[25:58] | I’m-I’m gonna throw caution to the wind. | 大玩一场 百无禁忌 |
[26:00] | I might even… I might even draw on the place mat. | 我可以在餐垫上画画 |
[26:03] | Girls,your father’s starting to scare me! | 女儿们 你爸开始吓到我了! |
[26:06] | Ooh,yeah,yeah. | 欧也 |
[26:36] | Knock,knock. | 敲 敲 |
[26:39] | ******* | 一点半 我约了调查科的人 做面部拼图 |
[26:43] | see if******* | 看看能否用电脑 把你梦到的男子画出来 |
[26:47] | Great.Thanks. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[26:49] | ****** | 我昨儿在法庭上看到孩子他妈了 气色很好呢 |
[26:53] | ******* | 一天比一天好呢 |
[26:57] | ********* | 收东西啦? 所以那些流言是真的咯? |
[27:01] | So**** | Devalos都告诉你了? |
[27:04] | I’m sorry****** it was official. | 我很抱歉 Lee 我本想亲自告诉你 但我想一切确定了再通知 |
[27:07] | I’m supposed to go over there and sign some ntracts this afternoon. | 我本该在下午过去签合同的 |
[27:10] | Heard they were backing up a Brink’s truck to your ple. | 听说他们还车接车送 无微不至 |
[27:14] | Something like that. | 也差不多了 |
[27:17] | Well,I know it’s not the last time we’re gonna see each other or anything, | 我知道这不是永别 |
[27:19] | but I want you to know… | 可我想让你知道… |
[27:22] | I’m gonna miss working with you. | 我会怀念跟你一起共事的日子 |
[27:25] | Me,too. | 我也是 |
[27:38] | So? | 怎样? |
[27:40] | So what? | 啥怎样? |
[27:42] | The P-I-L-L,stupid. Did it help? | 那个药-片- 笨蛋 管用不? |
[27:44] | Honestly,I kind of forgot I even took it. | 坦白说 我都不记得自己吃过了 |
[27:46] | You’re kidding me. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[27:48] | I mean,as far as I can tell,it didn’t do anything to me. | 至少目前为止 它对我没啥作用 |
[27:52] | I didn’t feel any different. | 我没有感觉到什么不同 |
[27:55] | I guess I did get a lot of studying done when I got home from school. | 不过我昨天从学校回家后 又复习了好长一阵子 |
[27:58] | The Paroxetine totally helps. | 绝对是拜帕罗西汀所赐 |
[28:00] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道 也许吧 |
[28:02] | Well,did you stop thinking about Stacey Anne? | 没再想Stacey Anne的事了吧 |
[28:05] | Yeah. She didn’t really give me a reason to think about her. | 是啊 毕竟萍水相逢 有啥好想的 |
[28:08] | – Uh,library after school? – Okay. | – 嗯 放学后图书馆见咯? – 好 |
[29:00] | Ariel Dubois. | |
[29:03] | You’re not supposed to be in this class until third period. | 你第三节课才在这里上 |
[29:05] | Sorry,Mr. Parker. I got a little turd around. | 对不起 Parker先生 我有点迷路了 |
[29:11] | I think I know where I’m going now. | 我知道怎么走了 |
[29:19] | Okay,last chance. | 好吧 最后重申一次 |
[29:22] | You know,I’m really not the superstar you think I am. | 我真的不是你所认为的超级明星 |
[29:26] | I’m wrong almost as often as I am right. | 我所预感到的东西也就是半对半错 |
[29:29] | Allison,if you actually bat anywhere near 500, | Allison 如果你真的有将近50%的准确率 |
[29:33] | everyone here will be deliriously happy. | 这儿的每个人都会欣喜若狂的 |
[29:37] | Okay,so first order of business. | 好的 新工作的第一个任务 |
[29:41] | I remember reading that your insights often come to you in your dreams. Is that true? | 我记得我曾经看到过 你的灵感 常常来源于你的梦境 是这样吗? |
[29:48] | Well,not all the time,but certainly a lot of what I see comes to me in my sleep. | 不是所有的时候 但是通常我都是在睡梦中见到那些的 |
[29:52] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[29:53] | That is your new file cabinet. | 这是你新档案夹 |
[29:55] | Your company hard drive. | 你的公司硬盘 |
[29:57] | I want you to write all your dreams in it,all your impressions. | 我希望你能把所有的梦 所有的感觉和印象都写下来 |
[30:01] | The ones that come to you at night,the ones that come to you during the day. | 无论是晚上你梦见的 还是白天你感受到的 |
[30:05] | I want you to log them in that book. | 我希望你将它们逐一记录 |
[30:07] | Even if you think they have nothing to do with Lydecker,I want you to make a note of that. | 即使你认为那些梦跟Lydecker搭不上边儿 我也希望你能把它记下来 |
[30:12] | You sure about “everytng”? | 你确定要”所有的”? |
[30:14] | That’s a lot to write down. That’s gonna be a lot to sort through. | 要写的可太多了 还要分类整理 |
[30:17] | Allison,we have just agreed to pay a small fortune for the contents of your head. | Allison 我们刚签合同 要为你脑子里的东西付一笔”小”钱 |
[30:24] | We certainly don’t want to miss anything that might pass through it. | 我们当然不想错过 你脑子里转的任何念头 |
[30:29] | Oh,sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:31] | Oh,it’s my boss. It’s my,my other boss. | 这是我老板 啊 我的另一个老板 |
[30:34] | My,my current boss. Hello? | 我 我目前的老板 你好? |
[30:37] | Allison,I hope I haven’t gotten you at a bad time, | Allison 希望没有打扰到你 |
[30:40] | but apparently Human Resources needs you to sign some forms and surrender your IDs | 但是现在人事部门要你签一些文件 还要上交你的身份证件 |
[30:44] | and parking pass before I can put through the requisition for your final paycheck, | 以及停车证什么的 这样你才能拿到最后一笔工资 |
[30:48] | so I just wanted to make sure you were,in fact,coming back today. | 所以我只是想确认一下 你今天肯定要回来一趟 |
[30:52] | Ohabsolutely. I still have people I need to say good-bye to. | 当然啦 我还得跟一些人道别呢 |
[30:56] | – Um,I should be there around 4:00. – Fine. | – 嗯 我4点左右到你那里 – 好 |
[30:58] | Just,I probly won’t see you,so,uh,leave the pass,your keys, | 我可能见不到你 所以留下你的通行证和钥匙 |
[31:03] | all that stuff in your top drawer,and I’ll leave all the things you need to sign on your desk,okay? | 还有其他东西 都放到最上面的抽屉 我会把所有你要签的文件都放在桌面上 好吧? |
[31:07] | Gotta run. Due in court. | 我得赶紧走了 要上庭了 |
[31:09] | Uh,bye. | 好吧 再见 |
[31:12] | lcomto the Lydecker Corporation,Allison. | 欢迎来到Lydecker公司 Allison |
[31:15] | I think you’re going to be very happy here. | 你会在这里过得很愉快的 |
[31:53] | Surprise! | 惊喜! |
[32:01] | Lynn’s sorry she couldn’t make it. She had some doctor thing. | Lynn很遗憾来不了 她得去做检查 |
[32:04] | Oh,you guys have it so easy. | 你们这些男人太轻松了 |
[32:06] | All you have to do is be born. | 你们仅仅需要等着宝宝出生 |
[32:07] | You don’t have to do any of the bearing. | 你们完全不需要承受任何压力 |
[32:09] | I don’t want to hear it. I didn’t write the rules. | 我可不想听这个 这又不是我定的规矩 |
[32:12] | That was so great. I had no clue,none. | 这派对太棒了 我完全没想到 真的 |
[32:15] | I heard that. | 我听到赞美了 |
[32:17] | It’s because I’m a master party planner. | 这是因为我是大师级的派对策划者 |
[32:20] | A master surprise party planner,an M.S.P.P. | 一个大师级的惊喜派对策划者 一个”惊喜大师” |
[32:28] | Oh,we’re gonna miss you. | 我们会想你的 |
[32:30] | Come on. Don’t be ridiculous. You guys are my friends. | 别说傻话 你们可是我的好朋友 |
[32:33] | I’m gonna call you. You’re gonna call me. | 我会给你们打电话 你们也会电话我 |
[32:35] | Nothing’s gonna change. | 一切都是老样子 |
[32:37] | Yeah,except you’re gonna be doing really,really well. | 是啊 除了你将飞黄腾达的部分 |
[32:39] | You probably won’t even want to hang around your poor friends. | 你可能再也不想 跟你的穷朋友们一块儿出来玩了 |
[32:41] | Yeah,but that’s okay. | 是啊 不过没什么 |
[32:42] | We’ll just drive by your big,new house,wave. | 我们会开车经过你的新豪宅 向你招手 |
[32:44] | Give the butler notes to give to you. | 让管家给你递个条儿 |
[32:46] | – That’s if we can get in the gate. – Yeah. | – 当然我们得先能走到门那儿 – 可不是 |
[32:48] | Well,this is nice. | 这样真不错 |
[32:49] | Now that I’m leaving,you guys are gonna hook up and make a little comedy team. | 现在我要走了 你们俩 就准备弄个喜剧搭档组合吧 |
[32:52] | Keep each other company. | 互相依靠 相依为命 |
[32:54] | She is psychic. | 她还真是个灵媒呢 |
[32:55] | Hate to quip and run,but I’m a busy boy. | 真不想走 可是我得开始忙了 |
[32:59] | I’m sorry I can’t say anything serious ’cause I can’t seriously believe you’re going. | 对不起 我说不出什么郑重的道别话 因为实在没法相信你真的离开了 |
[33:03] | Besides that,duty calls. | 除此之外 说到工作 |
[33:05] | Thanks to you and your damn dreams, | 多亏有你和你那些吓死人的梦 |
[33:07] | a couple of us detectives have to go canvass the neighborhoods | 今晚我们得派一队警力去 |
[33:09] | around each of the victims’ apartments tonight. | 调查一下受害者的邻里街坊 |
[33:11] | I feel so bad for you. | 你真可怜 |
[33:13] | Maybe if I go up to my new 30th-floor office with the big windows, | 也许我会在30层楼上 站在我办公室的巨大玻璃窗前 |
[33:18] | and I’ll look down and see you canvassing. | 向下俯瞰 刚好看到你们调查 |
[33:20] | That’s it. I’m going. There’s my ride. | 够了啊 我得走了 我搭他的车 |
[33:32] | Allison Dubois,I’d like to introduce to you to the lead detective on the Autumn Colville case, | Allison Dubois 容我引荐 负责Autumn Colville案子的主管 |
[33:36] | Detective Brad Auerbach. | Brad Auerbach警探 |
[33:38] | The famous Allison Dubois. It’s nice to meet you. | 久仰的Allison Dubois 很高兴认识你 |
[33:41] | Sorry to hear you’re moving on. | 很遗憾 听说你要离职了 |
[33:43] | We can use all the help we can get to figure out who’s killing those girls. | 我们会倾尽所能 找到杀害这些女孩的凶手的 |
[33:51] | I’m telling you,that’s the same man,the one that I saw in my dream, | 我跟你说 这就是那个 我在梦里看到的人 |
[33:56] | the one that I saw in Autumn Colville’s apartment. | 那个出现在Autumn Colville公寓的人 |
[33:58] | Tell me you don’t see it. | 告诉我 你还没看到这素描 |
[34:00] | Sure,I see it. So what? | 不 我看到了 那又怎样? |
[34:01] | So what? What do you mean,”so what”? | 那又怎样? 什么叫”那又怎样”? |
[34:03] | Allison,you’re talking about Detective Brad Auerbach. | Allison 你说的 可是Brad Auerbach警探 |
[34:05] | There’s no way he killed those women. | 他不可能是凶手 |
[34:07] | That man’s been on the force for 20 years. | 他已经当警察二十年了 |
[34:08] | He’s got more commendations than I can count. | 获得过数不清的嘉奖 |
[34:10] | He trained me when I got out of the academy. | 我从警察学校毕业后就是他带的我 |
[34:13] | Now,does Brad look like the guy in this sketch? Yeah,sure. | Brad像这个素描里的人吗? 是的 |
[34:15] | Truth be told,he and I had a pretty good laugh about it earlier today. | 说真的 我和他今天早上 还拿这个开过玩笑 |
[34:18] | But if you’re telling me that’s supposed to be Brad… | 但是如果你告诉我 那人就是Brad… |
[34:20] | Lee,that is the man I saw,and I’m sure of it. | Lee 那就是我梦到的男人 我确定 |
[34:24] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[34:25] | Maybe,uh,you know,maybe you had a little too much champagne in there. | 也许 也许你多喝了点儿香槟 |
[34:29] | Maybe between that and everything you’ve had on in your head this week, | 也许你这周要想的事情太多了 |
[34:31] | maybe you got your wires crossed. | 也许你是脑袋搭错线了 |
[34:33] | Oh,so that’s it? That’s my good-bye? | 啊 就是这样? 这就是我的道别语? |
[34:35] | “Maybe you got your wires crossed?” | “也许你是脑袋搭错线了?” |
[34:37] | What do you want me to do? | 你希望我做什么? |
[34:40] | I’m not gonna interrogate the senior detective on the case. | 我不会去审问一个 负责这个案子的高级警官的 |
[34:44] | I can’t! | 我办不出! |
[34:54] | Let’s not do this. Not today. | 别这样 至少今天别这样争吵 |
[34:58] | You got too much to celebrate. | 你有那么多值得庆祝的事情 |
[35:01] | I got too much to do. You go. Make lots of money. | 我也有很多事情要做 你走吧 去挣大钱 |
[35:05] | I’ve got this from here,okay? | 我会从这里接手案件 好吗? |
[35:10] | I promise. I’ll let you know how it all works out. | 我保证 会让你知道案件进展程度的 |
[35:16] | Hey,remind me: irregardless. Word or not a word? | 告诉我 “并非不顾及” 算不算是一个词? |
[35:19] | Not a word,I think. | 我想不算吧 |
[35:21] | Hey,Ash,can I ask you something? | Ash 我能问你一些事情吗? |
[35:24] | That pill you gave me the other day? | 你那天给我的药片 |
[35:27] | It turns out you were right. It really did help me. | 事实证明你是对的 它确实对我有效 |
[35:29] | Think you could spare any more? | 你还有没有多余的药呢? |
[35:32] | Okay,well,he didn’t listen to you. | 好吧 他不听你的意见 |
[35:35] | Or maybe he just couldn’t hear you. | 或者他只是听不进去 |
[35:38] | Maybe he couldn’t allow himself to hear you. | 也许他不允许自己听你的话 |
[35:40] | On the other hand,you gotta feel better about your decision to leave that place,right? | 换个角度看 对于离开那里的决定 现在你感觉好多了吧 对不? |
[35:44] | I mean,this time next week,if you tell the people at Lydecker | 下个星期的这个时候 如果你告诉Lydecker公司的人 |
[35:47] | that Godzilla is gonna rise up out of the ocean and stomp his way towards Phoenix, | 怪兽酷斯拉就要从海里钻出来 踏平凤凰城 |
[35:52] | they’re gonna start mobilizing the National Guard. | 他们一定会派国民警卫队警戒周边的 |
[35:55] | By next week,I’ll be helping the people at Lydecker decide | 下个星期 我会帮助Lydecker 公司的人决定 |
[35:58] | whether the cover of their annual report should be blue or periwinkle. | 他们年度报告的封面 是用蓝色好还是用浅靛青色好 |
[36:03] | But tonight,right now,I’m worried about stopping a murderer. | 但是今晚此刻 我所担心的是 该如何阻止那个凶手 |
[36:08] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[36:09] | But you gotta remember,Scanlon and Devalos are good at what they do. | 但是你得记着 Scanlon和 Devalos很擅长他们的工作 |
[36:13] | They are. They’re gonna find this guy. | 的确如此 他们会抓到那个坏蛋的 |
[36:15] | And in the meantime,get excited. | 在这个时候 高兴点吧 |
[36:18] | Come on! You’re about to start a new job. | 好啦 你就要开始新工作了 |
[36:21] | They’re gonna be paying you money for writing down your dreams in a book. | 只要你把梦记下来 他们就会付钱给你 |
[36:26] | It’s more money than either of us have ever made in our entire lives. | 比我们俩这辈子加起来 赚的钱还要多 |
[36:30] | I know,but what if I’m right? | 我知道 但万一我是对的呢 |
[36:32] | What if this detective really is the killer? | 万一这个警探就是凶手呢 |
[36:35] | And how are Devalos and Scanlon ever gonna catch him | 如果是他负责整个调查 |
[36:37] | when he’s the one heading up the investigation? | Devalos和Scanlon怎么可能抓到他 |
[36:40] | Look,you’re not gonna like it,but I gotta say,in answer to all three questions, | 你看 也许你不爱听 但我得说 这所有三个问题的答案 |
[36:44] | it’s not your problem anymore. | 不再是你的责任了 |
[37:00] | Hey,this is Monica. | 嗨 我是Monica |
[37:01] | You missed me,but if you leave your name and number,I’ll call you right back. | 我现在不在家 但若你 留下姓名和号码 我会回你电话 |
[37:12] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[37:13] | No,no,no,I’m fine. I just gotta call Lee. | 没 没 没事 我没事 我要给Lee打电话 |
[37:15] | Lee? Why? | Lee? 为什么? |
[37:17] | You don’t work for those guys anymore. | 你已经不为他们工作了 |
[37:19] | Aren’t you supposed to be writing your dreams down in a journal | 你不是应该把你的梦写进日记吗 |
[37:22] | instead of calling people in the middle of the night? | 而不是半夜给人打电话 |
[37:31] | It’s Scanlon. | 我是Scanlon |
[37:32] | Lee,it’s me. I just had another dream. I think it happened again. Another murder. | Lee 是我 我做了另一个梦 又有坏事发生了 另一起谋杀 |
[37:36] | Allison… | |
[37:37] | I don’t know where,but I know the girl’s first name was… | 我不清楚在哪 但我知道女孩名叫… |
[37:39] | Monica. Dead girl’s name is Monica Dobbs. | Monica 被害女孩名叫Monica Dobbs |
[37:41] | I’m standing in her house right now. | 我就在她家 |
[37:43] | Her boyfriend got back early from a business trip. | 她男友提早结束商务旅行回来 |
[37:45] | Came over to surprise her. | 准备给她个惊喜 |
[37:47] | He’s the one who found the body. | 结果他发现了尸体 |
[37:49] | The scene’s a mess. We think the boyfriend probably scared the killer off | 现场乱糟糟的 我们认为 凶手来不及像平常那样整理好 |
[37:51] | before he could tidy up like he usually does. | 就被她男友吓跑了 |
[37:54] | You need to find Detective Auerbach. | 我们要找到Auerbach警探 |
[37:55] | You need to bring him in right away. | 我们必须马上找到他 |
[37:57] | – It wasn’t him,Allison. – You don’t know that! | – 不是他 Allison – 你不明白 |
[38:00] | Actually,I do. | 事实上 我明白 |
[38:01] | I’ve been with him all night since the moment we left your party until right now. | 从离开你的欢送会起直到现在 我一直都跟他在一起 |
[38:06] | And the medical examiner tells us the girl was killed about 90 minutes ago, | 并且验尸官证明女孩是在 大约90分钟前遇害的 |
[38:09] | so I don’t know what you think you saw in your dream,but you’re wrong. | 所以不管你认为 你在梦里看见什么 你都错了 |
[38:14] | Brad Auerbach didn’t do this. He didn’t do any of it. | Brad Auerbach没有杀人 没有杀任何一个人 |
[38:17] | He couldn’t have. | 他也不可能杀人 |
[38:33] | Good morning. May I help you? | 早上好 请问有何贵干 |
[38:34] | Yes. My name is Allison Dubois. I’m a new employee. | 我叫Allison Dubois 新来的雇员 |
[38:37] | I was hoping that you’d have directions and a pass here for me. | 希望你能给我指个方向 再帮我办一张通行证 |
[38:40] | Allison? | |
[38:42] | I had a feeling you’d be getting here about this time. | 我有预感你这时候会到 |
[38:45] | I thought I’d welcome you in person. | 我想我得亲自迎接你 |
[38:47] | Are you excited about your first day? | 第一天上班兴奋吗 |
[38:49] | I’m excited. I’m nervous. | 兴奋 又紧张 |
[38:52] | I’m terrified. | 也很惶恐 |
[38:54] | I can completely relate. I was all of the above. | 完全可以理解 我也是过来人 |
[38:57] | Come on. Let’s get started. | 来吧 我们开始吧 |
[39:01] | We have a meeting with Mr. Lydecker at 10:00. | 10点钟我们跟Lydecker先生有约 |
[39:04] | – The Mr. Lydecker? – The one and only. | – 哪个Lydecker先生? – 就只有一个Lydecker先生 |
[39:06] | He doesn’t bite. | 他不咬人的 |
[39:08] | Not unless he’s really hungry. | 除非饿极了 |
[39:10] | No,I know,I know. | 不 我知道 我知道 |
[39:12] | I just didn’t expect to meet him on the first day. | 我只是没想到第一天就能见他 |
[39:15] | Guess who works here. | 猜猜这是谁的办公室 |
[39:18] | Someone else who has the same name as me? | 一个跟我同名的人? |
[39:22] | Go on in. | 进去吧 |
[39:33] | Yeah. Takes your breath away,doesn’t it? | 呼吸都困难了吧 |
[39:42] | – What’s wrong? You okay? – Yeah. Yeah. No,I’m fine. | – 怎么了? 你还好吧? – 没事 我没事 |
[39:47] | I just had a bad dream about the new job. | 我只是做了个新工作的噩梦 |
[39:50] | It’s the first-day jitters,I guess. | “首日焦虑症” 吧 我想 |
[39:52] | Well,don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[39:54] | – This time tomorrow,it’ll be… – This time tomorrow. | – 船到桥头… – 自然直 |
[40:00] | Thanks for that. | 谢谢 |
[40:01] | That’s what I’m here for. | 应该的 |
[40:05] | I just don’t want to look out of place. | 我不想很老土 |
[40:07] | Well,I’ve never been to the place,so I can’t be of any help in that regard. | 我就从来没新潮时尚过 所以这方面给不了你意见 |
[40:11] | But I like… that one. | 但我喜欢…这件 |
[40:14] | No,no,no. I have a bad feeling about that one. | 不不不 这件给我的感觉很不好 |
[40:16] | About a suit? | 对一件外套? |
[40:19] | I just… I want to make a good first impression. | 我只是… 我想给人个好印象 |
[40:22] | Well,these people came after you. | 是他们来找你的 |
[40:24] | You have met the burden of a first impression and conquered it. | 你已经给过他们第一印象 而且成功了 |
[40:28] | Mom,there’s a big black car in our driveway. | 妈咪 车道上停了一辆大黑车 |
[40:31] | The limo’s already here,and I’m not even dressed. | 车子已经到了 而我还没穿好衣服 |
[40:34] | Is that a limo? What’s going on? | 这就是豪华房车吗? 到底怎么了? |
[40:37] | Did Mommy get famous and someone forget to tell us? | 难道有人忘记告诉我们 妈妈出名了? |
[40:41] | No,no,no,honey. Nobody got famous. | 不 不 不 亲爱的 没人出名 |
[40:42] | Mommy just got a new car with her new job. | 妈妈只是因为新工作得到一辆新车 |
[40:45] | They’re picking me up this morning,so I’m able to drive the new car home this evening. | 他们早上来载我 所以下午我就能开新车回家 |
[40:49] | Cool. | 太棒了 |
[40:50] | Wait,can we take the limo to school and make all the other kids jealous? | 我们能不能坐新车去学校 让其他小孩羡慕一下 |
[40:54] | Bridgette. | |
[40:56] | Well,can I at least go outside and take pictures of it? | 好吧 那至少让我出去拍个照? |
[40:59] | You know what? You’re going to have to handle this. I don’t have time. | 你来搞定她们 我没时间了 |
[41:06] | Yep? Allison? | 你好? Allison? |
[41:10] | I just needed to be reassured at God doesn’t smite people | 我只是需要确定上帝不会让 |
[41:13] | who ride to work in big black limousines with handsome drivers | 乘坐配了英俊司机的 豪华房车上班的人乐极生悲 |
[41:17] | who offer you hot coffee and your choice of newspapers. | 他还给你准备热咖啡和想看的报纸 |
[41:20] | I can’t. God does. | 我会 不过上帝不会 |
[41:22] | But I hear they’re all smiling when the end does come. | 不过要真这样儿了他们就会幸灾乐祸的 |
[41:25] | So,uh,they’re treating you well,huh? | 他们待你不错 |
[41:28] | Well,I really haven’t started yet,but “well” doesn’t even begin to describe it. | 我什么都没开始做 说”不错”远不足形容 |
[41:35] | Do you want to hear the nutty part? | 你想听疯狂的那部分吗 |
[41:39] | I miss City Hall. | 我想念市政厅 |
[41:41] | Allison,it’s early Monday morning. No one’s even here yet. | Allison 现在是周一清早 这里连个人影都没有 |
[41:44] | There’s nothing to have missed. | 没什么好想念的 |
[41:46] | You know,just before the weekend,I had kind of a crazy hunch. | 周末前 我有个疯狂的感觉 |
[41:49] | Detective Scanlon didn’t happen to mention it to you,did he? | Scanlon警探没跟你提 对吗 |
[41:52] | It involved Detective Auerbach. | 是关于Auerbach警探 |
[41:54] | No. But I’ve got Lee standing in my doorway right now. | 没提 但我看到Lee正站在门口 |
[41:57] | Is there something you want me to ask him? | 有什么需要我问他的吗 |
[42:00] | It’s Allison Dubois calling from her chauffeured limousine to say hi to the little people. | Allison Dubois从她的座驾 打来问候小人物们 |
[42:05] | Oh,yeah. Dubois. Which one was she? | Dubois 哪一个她? |
[42:08] | All right. Never mind. | 好啦 别这样 |
[42:10] | Allison. Forget about this case. Start your new job. | Allison 忘掉这个案子 开始你的新工作 |
[42:13] | Make a lot of money. I may need to borrow some. | 赚一大笔钱 然后借给我些 |
[42:15] | Yeah,me,too. You were always my favorite,Allison. | 没错 我也要 你永远是我的最爱 Allison |
[42:33] | Good morning. May I help you? | 早上好 需要我帮忙吗 |
[42:35] | Allison! | |
[42:37] | I had a feeling you’d be getting here about this time. | 我有预感你这时候会到 |
[42:39] | I thought I’d welcome you in person. | 我想我得亲自迎接你 |
[42:42] | Excited about your first day? | 第一天上班兴奋吗 |
[42:49] | Guess who works here. | 猜猜这是谁的办公室 |
[42:51] | Someone else with the same name as me? | 一个跟我同名的人? |
[42:56] | Go on in. | 进去吧 |
[42:58] | Please. You do the honors. | 你先请吧 |
[43:07] | Yeah. Takes your breath away,doesn’t it? | 呼吸都困难了吧 |
[43:18] | It’s amazing. | 太棒了 |
[43:19] | I’m glad you like it. | 很高兴你喜欢 |
[43:22] | You’re going to be spending a lot of time in here. | 你要在这花上许多时间 |
[43:25] | I’m going to be forwarding you a lot of material,and I want your impression on all of it. | 我会提供给你许多素材 我需要知道你对它们的印象 |
[43:30] | As far as how you get those impressions,well,if you need to kick off your shoes, | 至于你要如何得到这些印象 踢掉鞋子 |
[43:35] | stretch out on your chair,let your mind wander… | 舒服的躺在椅子上 让你的头脑自由畅想… |
[43:39] | It’s all part of the job. | 这都算你的工作内容 |
[43:40] | What,napping’s part of my job description? | 什么 打瞌睡就是我的工作内容? |
[43:43] | I call it “contemplation time.” | 我称之为” 沉思时间” |
[43:45] | It keeps the other people around here from getting jealous. | 好让这里其他人免于嫉妒 |
[43:48] | But,to answer your question,yes. Naps are cool. | 不过你问题的答案 瞌睡这词很贴切 |
[43:52] | As long as you keep an accurate log of everything you see and pass it on to me. | 只要你准确的记录下 你看到的一切 然后交给我 |
[43:59] | There is one other thing that I think we should take care of today | 见了Lydecker先生后 |
[44:03] | after our meeting with Mr. Lydecker. | 我想我们今天还有一件事要做 |
[44:07] | How about you and I go on a little shopping trip? | 我们去购物怎样 |
[44:11] | Shopping? | 购物? |
[44:15] | I don’t pretend to understand exactly what it is that Caitlyn does, | 我搞不明白Caitlyn是怎么做的 |
[44:19] | but I am pragmatic enough to see that it works. | 但我确实知道这有用 |
[44:25] | And now I found you,Allison. | 现在我又找到了你 Allison |
[44:28] | Caitlyn tells me you have quite a gift. | Caitlyn告诉我你有很高的天赋 |
[44:30] | Yes. That’s what she keeps telling me,too. | 没错 她也一直这样告诉我 |
[44:33] | I will try to not you down | 我会努力不让你们失望 |
[44:36] | no u won’t. | 不 你不会 |
[44:39] | Because I have enormous confidence in you. | 因为我对你很有信心 |
[44:43] | This corporation thrives because we excel at two things: | 公司能够兴旺是因为我们有两大法宝 |
[44:47] | innovation and secrecy. | 创新和机密 |
[44:51] | We breed the next generation of ideas. | 我们的创意已经发展到了下一代 |
[44:54] | And then we manage and we cultivate those ideas, | 然后我们需要不断的打造培养这些创意 |
[44:56] | confident that our competitors have no clue what we’re up to. | 我们非常有信心 而我们的竞争对手 根本不知道我们发展到了哪一步 |
[45:02] | So,naturally,that creates a lot of temptation for our employees. | 所以这也对于我们的员工 也很自然的产生了诱惑 |
[45:06] | It would be very easy for someone to supplement their income | 这也会使有些人通过向媒体或我们的 |
[45:09] | by leaking company secrets to the press or to one of our competitors. | 某个竞争对手透露公司机密 来轻松获取利益 |
[45:15] | These our employee dossiers. | 这些是我们员工的档案 |
[45:18] | I’d like you to spend some time with them. | 我希望你花点时间看一下 |
[45:21] | See if there’s anyone among this group that gives you pause. | 看看这里面是否有人能让你什么发现 |
[45:40] | I’d be very anxious to hear what you have to say. | 我很想听听你是怎么看的 |
[45:45] | Ariel,I don’t believe it. You got a perfect score. In math. | Ariel 我真不敢相信你数学得了 那么高的分数 |
[45:48] | I didn’t even think that was possible. | 我甚至觉得这根本不可能 |
[45:50] | It was just a practice test. | 这只是一个练习测试而已 |
[45:52] | Still,I hate you. | 但我还是恨你 |
[45:55] | It’s your fault,you know. It’s those pills. | 那是因为你啊 知道吗 是那些药丸的作用 |
[45:57] | I don’t know. I look the pills,too,and I only got a 488. | 我不明白 我也服了药丸 可我只得了488分 |
[46:01] | No,I mean,without those pills,there’s no way I’d be able to do this. | 不 我是说没有那些药丸 我根本就做不出来 |
[46:06] | There’s no way I’d be able to focus or concentrate. | 根本就没有办法集中注意力 |
[46:11] | That reminds me… | 现在你又提醒我… |
[46:13] | I’m going to need some more. | 我再要吃一些 |
[46:15] | Look,I don’t think I can. | 我想我不能给再你了 |
[46:17] | I just gave you a bunch. I don’t refill my prescription till next week. | 我刚给了你很多 现在只有等到 下个礼拜才能再有了 |
[46:22] | How about just one? | 就给一颗行吗 |
[46:24] | I don’t have one. | 我现在一颗也没有 |
[46:26] | You know my father counts these. | 你知道我老爸会数的 |
[46:29] | Stop looking at me like that. | 不要那样看着我 |
[46:31] | You’re forgetting I actually need this stuff. | 你别忘了我也很需要这些 |
[46:38] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[46:40] | I thought this was about you being upset over Stacey Anne. | 我以为你是因为Stacey Anne而难过 |
[46:44] | You’re not still upset about her,are you? | 你不会还在为她难过吧 |
[46:53] | Look,all right,but I can only give you two more. | 好吧 但我只能再给你两颗 |
[46:56] | This is the last time,seriously. | 这真的是最后一次了 |
[47:32] | – Thank you. | – Thank you. – 谢谢 – 谢谢 |
[47:36] | Okay,I give up. | 好 我放弃 |
[47:39] | I’m sorry? Did you say something? | 不好意思 你说什么了 |
[47:41] | I said,”I give up,” trying to figure out what’s going on in that brain of yours. | 我说”我放弃” 搞不明白你在想什么 |
[47:46] | I can’t read your expression. | 我不明白的的表情 |
[47:49] | Well,my expression,that’s,uh… | 我的表情 那是… |
[47:51] | Exhaustion. And amazement. | 有疲惫 有惊讶 |
[47:55] | This has been an incredible day. | 真是不可思议的一天 |
[47:57] | You’re happy? | 你开心吗 |
[47:59] | No,I’m miserable. | 不 我有点痛苦 |
[48:00] | You’re buying me clothes,buying me a car. | 你给我买衣服 给我买车 |
[48:04] | I get to meet Mr. Lydecker… | 和Lydecker先生会面… |
[48:07] | He’s pretty impressive,isn’t he? | 他是不是给你留下了深刻的印象 |
[48:09] | He’s one of the most charismatic,uh,intimidating,fascinating… | 他是那种很有魅力 很强势 很迷人的那一类型 |
[48:13] | Tell me about it. | 和我说说 |
[48:17] | You know,I saw him cry. | 你知道吗 我看到他哭了 |
[48:20] | I’m sorry? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[48:21] | Well,we were sitting in his office and I had a… | 我们在他办公室的时候 我… |
[48:25] | I mean,he was just sobbing. | 我看到他在抽泣 |
[48:27] | It was as if someone had died. | 好像是有人过逝了 |
[48:30] | Have you ever seen anything like that? | 你看到过类似的事情吗 |
[48:33] | I’ve worked for the man for almost a decade,and no. | 我为他工作了将近十年 从没见过那样的事 |
[48:40] | You must be very good. | 你很厉害 |
[48:44] | I think that this is one insight that you should probably keep out of your log. | 我想这算是隐私 你不要写到你的记录本上 |
[48:50] | Yes,of course. | 当然 |
[48:55] | – See anything? – Nope. | -看到什么了 -没有 |
[48:59] | Yep. | 看到了 |
[49:02] | Dad! Ariel! I think she’s coming! | 爸爸 Arie 我想是妈妈回来了 |
[49:11] | Can I borrow it? | 能借给我去出出风头吗 |
[49:15] | Hey,ask me how my first day was. | 是不是想知道我第一天怎么样 |
[49:22] | You’re smiling. | 你在笑 |
[49:25] | I’m sorry. Did you say something? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[49:27] | I said,”You’re smiling.” | 我说 “你在笑” |
[49:29] | Oh,I guess I am. | 我想是的 |
[49:33] | I actually had a pretty wonderful day. | 事实上我今天过的很不错 |
[49:36] | I can’t believe I hesitated to take this job. | 我真不敢相信我在接下这份工作 之前还那么犹豫 |
[49:40] | Everyone there is so nice. | 那里每个人都很好 |
[49:42] | I mean,not that everybody at the district attorney’s office isn’t nice,but… | 我不是说地检办公室的人都不好 但… |
[49:48] | It’s kind of refreshing not to ponder death and evil every day. | 是一种环境的改变 我不需要每天 沉寂于死亡和邪恶当中 |
[50:02] | So what now? | 那现在呢 |
[50:04] | Dreams of new products and profit and loss statements? | 梦到新的产品的发布 说赢利亏损之类的话 |
[50:09] | We can only hope. | 我们只能希望 |
[50:12] | We can only hope. | 我们只能希望 |
[50:32] | 750 Wick Ave APT B | Wick大道750号B公寓 |
[51:12] | Sleep tight | 好好睡觉 |
[51:56] | I saw it,Lee. | Lee 我看到了 |
[51:57] | Someone texted him the address of Autumn Colville’s apartment. | 有人发短信给他Autumn Colville公寓的地址 |
[52:00] | But he didn’t kill her. | 但他没有杀她 |
[52:01] | He just cleaned up after whoever did. | 他是在凶手杀了她之后去做清理工作的 |
[52:03] | You sound like what I’m saying is absurd. | 你的口气听上去好象是说我在撒谎 |
[52:05] | I know. There’s a reason for that. | 我知道 我们是有根据的 |
[52:08] | Allison,why would Brad Auerbach,the guy who’s heading up the task force to catch this butcher, | Allison Brad Auerbach作为追拿屠夫行动组的 最高指挥官 |
[52:12] | drive out in the middle of the nig and cut up bodies into easily disposable pieces for him? | 他有什么理由在深夜开车出去分尸 |
[52:17] | Doesn’t make sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[52:18] | I don’t know,maybe he knows the killer and he’s trying to protect him. | 我不知道 或许他认识凶手试图保护他 |
[52:20] | Maybe he’s getting paid for it. | 或许他是收了钱 |
[52:22] | What difference does it make,Lee? | Lee 这有什么区别 |
[52:24] | He’s doing it. | 反正他都做了 |
[52:27] | No. Sorry. | 不 抱歉 |
[52:29] | You’re talking about Brad Auerbach. | 你是在说Brad Auerbach |
[52:31] | You’re talking about a fellow detective. | 你是在说一个警探 |
[52:33] | Okay,look,I get it. You respect the guy. And-and maybe I’m crazy. | 我明白了 你尊重那家伙 可能是我疯了 |
[52:38] | But there has got to be a way that you can look into this without setting off alarms, | 但你一定不能放松警惕来看待这件事 |
[52:42] | without embarrassing yourself. | 不要觉得尴尬 |
[52:44] | If you could just ask him about the bag. | 如果你能问一下他那个包是怎么回事 |
[52:47] | There,there was this case that he was using,this big,rolling black bag. | 那个他用过的带滚轴的黑色大箱子 |
[52:53] | He put all his tools in it,everything he needed to clean up. | 他把所有清理案发现场要用的 工具都放在那里面 |
[52:56] | It was like a,a salesman’s case. | 那像是一个推销员的箱子 |
[53:01] | Or don’t. | 还是别问好了 |
[53:04] | – Say hi to Lynn. – Don’t do that. | -替我向Lynn问好 -不要这样 |
[53:09] | A big,black case. I’ll try. | 一个黑色大箱子对吧 我会问的 |
[53:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[53:22] | – Hello? – Joe,hi. This is Bill Whitaker,Ashley’s dad. | -哪位 -Joe 是我Bill Whitaker Ashley的父亲 |
[53:26] | Uh,we met at one of those,uh,parent-teacher tngs. | 我们在一个家长会上见过 |
[53:29] | Do you have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[53:31] | And this is the only employee that you’re worried about? | 这就是你认为有问题的那个员工吗 |
[53:34] | Well,he’s really the only person who jumped out at me. | 他是唯一一个让我有感应的人 |
[53:37] | I mean,he’s the only person I had a strong response to. | 我是说是唯一一个让我有强烈感应的 |
[53:41] | A strong negative response. | 一种很强烈 很不好的感应 |
[53:43] | It’s… it’s hard to put into words. | 很难用言语表达 |
[53:47] | So there’s nothing specific,nothing that you can… | 所以你也不能明确什么具体的东西 |
[53:52] | put your finger on. Just… | 也不能告发他 只能 |
[53:53] | Just a kind of darkness. Towards the company. Towards you. | 我感觉到有一片漆黑向你和你公司扑过来 |
[54:02] | I’m sorry. I wish I had more to offer. | 对不起 我真希望我能提供的多一些信息 |
[54:04] | I really don’t even know what he es for the company. | 我真的不知道他会对公司做什么 |
[54:07] | Most of the information in his file was blacked out with a marker. | 他档案里的大部分资料都已经被删除了 |
[54:10] | That’s quite all right. | 那就对了 |
[54:13] | I’m very familiar with this particular employee. | 我对这名员工再熟悉不过了 |
[54:16] | I appreciate your input. | 很感谢你提供的信息 |
[54:19] | I’ll handle this matter personally. | 我会亲自处理这件事的 |
[54:22] | When Mr. Lydecker says he’s going to handle something personally,what does that mean? | Lydecker先生说他要亲自处理这事 这是什么意思 |
[54:25] | What does it mean? | 什么意思? |
[54:27] | It means that if he suspects someone of being dislol, | 要是他怀疑有人不忠诚 |
[54:30] | that person usually find themselves being transferred off of our key projects. | 那个人就会被调离主要工作项目 |
[54:35] | Basically,they’re benched until their contract runs out. | 通常来说 他们会被搁置到 他们合同到期 |
[54:38] | Usually,they get the message before then and move on. | 一般来说如果能继续工作他们 会在那之前收到通知 |
[54:42] | So if I share my impressions about someone,I could ruin their career? | 所以我对他们的印象 会关系到他们的职业生涯? |
[54:46] | Are you worried about that kid you pointed out? | 你是在担心那个被你指出来的年轻人? |
[54:49] | Relax. Nothing’s going to happen to him. | 放心吧 他不会有什么事的 |
[54:52] | He’s kind of a… special case. | 他是一个…例外 |
[54:55] | He’s Justin Lydecker. Mr. Lydecker’s son. | 他是Justin Lydecker Lydecker先生的儿子 |
[54:59] | Oh,my God. I just accused the CEO’s son of,of… | 天那 我刚才指出来的是老总的儿子 |
[55:02] | Being exactly who he is. | 他的确就是 |
[55:05] | Trust me,Allison. | 相信我 Allison |
[55:07] | You are not the first person to point out that Justin Lydecker | 你已经不是第一个说Justin Lydecker |
[55:11] | is never going to become the employee of the month. | 干不过这个月的人了 |
[55:14] | He’s kind of a running joke around here,the poster boy for just say yes to anything. | 他就是这里的活笑柄 对任何东西来者不拒的代表人物 |
[55:21] | Drugs,clubbing… | 毒品 夜店… |
[55:23] | Lots of days Justin doesn’t even bother to show up around here. | 很多时候Justin都不来上班 |
[55:26] | I don’t know why Mr. Lydecker even bothers to keep him around. | 我不明白为何Lydecker先生 还要留他在这里 |
[55:30] | I know he used to think that one day maybe Justin would take over for him. | 我知道他曾经以为 也许某一天Justin会为他接管公司 |
[55:34] | Now,I think he prays that kid lives to see 30. | 现在 我想他只是祈祷那个孩子能活到30 |
[55:38] | Mrs. Dubois? Your husband called several times. | Dubois女士? 你的丈夫打了几次电话过来 |
[55:40] | He said he needs to speak with you as soon as possible. | 他说要尽快和你通话 |
[55:43] | Thank you. Excuse me. | 谢谢 失陪了 |
[56:00] | Aren’t you guys supposed to be at work? | 你们不应该在上班吗? |
[56:03] | I got a call from Ashley’s father today. | Ashley的爸爸今天给我打了个电话 |
[56:06] | He’s convinced that his daughter is sharing her antianxiety medication with you. | 他相信他的女儿在给你 服用她的抗焦虑药物 |
[56:11] | Tell us this isn’t true. | 告诉我们这不是真的 |
[56:13] | Or that there’s some aspect of it that we don’t understand. | 或是有什么隐情 |
[56:18] | It’s complicated. | 情况有点复杂 |
[56:21] | I’ll bet it is. | 我猜也是 |
[56:24] | It wasn’t for fun or anything. | 我不是为了寻求刺激或什么的 |
[56:26] | There was nothing fun about it. | 那一点也不好玩 |
[56:30] | I just… | 我只是… |
[56:31] | the PSATs are coming up,and there’s this girl and she won’t leave me alone, | PSAT(学业能力倾向初步测验 相当于高考的预考) 就要到了那个女孩总是阴魂不散地跟着我 |
[56:35] | – and she won’t let me study or concentrate… – Wait a second. Hold on. Hold on. What girl? | – 她不让我学习或集中注意力… – 等等 什么女孩? |
[56:40] | Stacey Anne Burrows. | |
[56:43] | Okay,so you took drugs? That makes no sense. | 那么你就开始嗑药? 这说不通啊 |
[56:46] | Not drugs. | 不是毒品 |
[56:50] | It’s like you said. It’s Ashley’s prescription. | 就像你说的 是Ashley的处方药 |
[56:53] | And she takes it so she can concentrate. | 她服了药 就能集中注意力 |
[56:55] | And that’s why I took it,and it worked. | 这就是为什么我服用 而且确实有效 |
[56:59] | She left me alone. | 她不再缠着我了 |
[57:03] | Stacy Anne just… | Stacy Anne只是… |
[57:13] | Wha… wha-what am I missing? | 我… 我-我错过了什么? |
[57:20] | Stacey Anne… is she dead? | Stacey Anne… 她是不是死了? |
[57:33] | I was 14 when I first started stealing beers to push the voices down | 我最早为了驱散脑子里的声音 开始偷喝啤酒 |
[57:38] | to keep the ghosts away. | 赶走鬼魂的年龄是14岁 |
[57:40] | I hate this. | 真讨厌 |
[57:42] | I already lived through this once. | 我已经遭过了一次罪 |
[57:44] | Why does she have to live through it? | 为什么她也要经受这一切? |
[57:48] | I want to be smart about this. | 关于这件事我想变得聪明点 |
[57:51] | We need to be smart about this. | 关于这件事我们得聪明点 |
[57:53] | Of course. | 当然 |
[58:22] | Lee? | |
[58:25] | Jeez,buddy. What the hell are you doing here at this hour? | 上帝 伙计 这个点你来这做什么? |
[58:27] | It’s a good thing I got a change of underwear inside. | 看来我把内衣给换了是件好事情 |
[58:30] | New development in the case. | 案子有新进展 |
[58:32] | I was in the area,knew you were just getting off detail… | 我正好在这个地区 知道你刚刚结束调查… |
[58:35] | Thought I’d take a shot. | 就想着我该跑过来一趟 |
[58:37] | At 2:00 in the morning? | 凌晨2:00? |
[58:39] | You sure you weren’t waiting for me? | 你确定不是一直在等我? |
[58:41] | It seems like maybe you were waiting for me. | 看起来也许你在一直等着我 |
[58:45] | Yeah,well,I guess maybe I was. | 呃 我想也许是在等你 |
[58:48] | Maybe I was waiting for you. | 也许我在一直等你 |
[58:51] | All right,so what’s the big break? | 那么 有什么重大突破? |
[58:54] | Turns out it’s a team. Two guys. | 发现是一个团队 两个人 |
[58:58] | One guy does the deed. | 一个人负责杀人 |
[59:00] | The other,he comes in after the fact,gets rid of the body,cleans up. | 另一个人 在第一个人完事之后 负责处理尸体和进行清洁 |
[59:04] | Knows what he’s doing,too. | 很清楚自己在做什么 |
[59:06] | Leaves the place forensically spotless. | 把谋杀现场清理得干干净净 |
[59:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[59:11] | And where’d you get this? | 你从哪儿得到这些信息的? |
[59:13] | – I mean who are you talking to that I’m not talking to? – Why? You want a name? | – 我是说你和哪些我没有谈过话的人谈过? – 为什么? 你想知道是谁? |
[59:17] | Yeah. I want a name. | 是的 我想知道是谁 |
[59:20] | I want to talk to the guy,’cause I got to say,that doesn’t sound right. | 我想和他谈谈 那不对啊 |
[59:24] | I mean,I’ve heard of serial killers working in pairs before. | 我之前听说过合伙行动的连环杀手 |
[59:27] | You know,like,uh,thrill-killers taking turns,but nothing like what you’re describing. | 就像是轮流出现的恐怖杀手 但都不像你所描述的那样 |
[59:36] | No,it doesn’t make sense. I mean,what’s in it for the guy who cleans? | 不 这说不通啊 负责清理的那个家伙有什么好处呢? |
[59:40] | I don’t know. Money maybe. | 我不知道 可能是为了钱 |
[59:42] | Maybe the guy doesn’t make that much. | 也许他赚的钱不够花 |
[59:47] | Maybe the guy’s a cop. | 也许他是个警察 |
[59:52] | Well,that’s nuts. | 一派胡言 |
[59:54] | Yeah,well,the thing is,I need to look in that case,Brad. | 我需要看看那个行李包 Brad |
[1:00:02] | Me? You think it’s me? | 我? 你认为是我干的? |
[1:00:04] | I think I need to look in that case. | 我认为我得看一眼那个行李包 |
[1:00:09] | What are you doing,man? Have you lost your mind? | 你在干什么 伙计? 你疯了吗? |
[1:00:14] | It’s me. It’s Brad. | 是我啊 Brad |
[1:00:16] | Well,then the case doesn’t matter. | 这么说来打开行李包 也没什么大不了的 |
[1:00:23] | Fine. | 行啊 |
[1:00:26] | I’m not a good forgetter,Lee. | 我可是一个记仇的人 Lee |
[1:00:29] | Just so you know,when this is over,I’m not a good forgetter. | 只是让你知道 等这件案子破了 我还记着仇呢 |
[1:00:42] | – Yeah? – Lee,it’s Allison. | – 喂? – Lee 我是Allison |
[1:00:45] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧? |
[1:00:47] | Yeah. Yeah,I’m fine. | 是的 是的 我很好 |
[1:00:48] | My God,I just had the most horrible dream. | 上帝啊 我刚刚做了一个最恐怖的梦 |
[1:00:51] | Detective Auerbach shot you. | Auerbach警探向你开了枪 |
[1:00:55] | Yeah,well,not to worry. Your dream was wrong. | 嗯 别担心 你的梦是错的 |
[1:00:57] | Detective Auerbach didn’t kill me. | Auerbach警探没有杀掉我 |
[1:01:01] | I killed him. | 我杀了他 |
[1:01:17] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[1:01:19] | I don’t know. Manny’s gonna tell us in a minute. | 我不知道 Manny一会儿会告诉我们 |
[1:01:22] | He’s been on the phone for an hour. | 他已经打了一个小时的电话了 |
[1:01:24] | The governor,the chief of police,forensics. | 州长 警察局长 法医 |
[1:01:28] | You’re still shaking. | 你还在发抖 |
[1:01:29] | No,I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[1:01:32] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[1:01:34] | Forensics just finished its preliminary analysis on the items | 法医刚刚结束了对Auerbach车库里 |
[1:01:37] | from that black case in Auerbach’s garage. | 黑色行李包内物品的初步分析 |
[1:01:40] | For starters,there was a power saw with traces of skin,blood,and bone on the blade. | 首先 里面是一个电锯 刀片上带有皮肤 血液和骨头的痕迹 |
[1:01:44] | Obviously,we still need to make a DNA match with the victims, | 显然 我们仍然需要进行受害者的DNA匹配 |
[1:01:47] | but,um,from the sound of it,I think you’re going to be okay. | 不过 我觉得你应该没事了 |
[1:01:51] | Maybe even better than okay. | 甚至比那还要好 |
[1:01:54] | Everybody’s on board: the mayor,the governor,the chief of police. | 大头们都在: 市长 州长 警察局长 |
[1:01:58] | You’re a hero,Lee. | 你是个英雄 Lee |
[1:02:01] | The guy drew on me. I’m no hero. | 他拔枪要杀我 我不是英雄 |
[1:02:04] | Sorry it took me so long to hear you. | 很抱歉过了这么长时间才听进你说的话 |
[1:02:06] | It’s okay. I’m just happy you’re alive. | 没关系 你还活着我就很开心了 |
[1:02:09] | We’re all just happy that you’re alive. | 你还活着大家就很开心了 |
[1:02:13] | Doesn’t seem fair. | 这不太公平 |
[1:02:14] | We can review Brad’s bank statements,check out his phone logs, | 我们可以查看Brad的银行记录和电话清单 |
[1:02:17] | see if we can figure out who his sick partner is,but if nothing shakes loose… | 看看我们能不能找出他那个变态同伙是谁 如果什么也没查到… |
[1:02:21] | I didn’t just kill a bad cop. | 我杀的不仅仅是一个坏警察 |
[1:02:22] | I shot the only guy on the planet who can definitely tell us who our killer is. | 我还射杀了这个世上唯一能够 告诉我们凶手是谁的人 |
[1:02:42] | You scared me. | 你吓死我了 |
[1:02:44] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:02:47] | I was out most of the night. | 晚上大部分时间我都不在家 |
[1:02:49] | Stuff from my old job. | 处理之前那份工作的一些事情 |
[1:02:51] | When I finally got back here,I couldn’t get to sleep. | 等我终于到家之后 却又睡不着了 |
[1:02:56] | I just kept thinking… | 我只是不停地在思考… |
[1:02:59] | thinking about you. | 思考关于你的事 |
[1:03:03] | Hey,I want you to go to the doctor. | 我希望你去看医生 |
[1:03:06] | But it has to be somebody who knows about me– about how I am. | 一定得是某个知道我– 知道我是怎样的人的医生 |
[1:03:10] | Hopefully have some kind of sympathy for how difficult it can be. | 希望他会了解这有多么的困难 |
[1:03:17] | I don’t think I get what you’re saying. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[1:03:20] | I did a little research on that medicine you were taking. | 我对你服用的药做了点调查 |
[1:03:27] | It’s pretty common. | 那种药非常普遍 |
[1:03:29] | A lot of people take it. | 很多人服用 |
[1:03:31] | The Web site says that… | 网站上说… |
[1:03:34] | the side effects are very minimal. | 副作用非常小 |
[1:03:38] | Only… | 只是… |
[1:03:40] | I started wondering what high school would have been like for me | 我开始寻思着 如果我也服用了那样的药 |
[1:03:46] | if I had a drug like that,people to talk to. | 也有人可以交谈 我的高中将会是什么样的呢 |
[1:03:56] | What? | 怎么了? |
[1:04:01] | I’m awake,right? | 我没在做梦吧 |
[1:04:02] | Hey,I still think what you did was incredibly reckless. | 我仍然认为你的所作所为非常草率 |
[1:04:09] | Incredibly dangerous. | 非常危险 |
[1:04:11] | You can never do that again. | 再也不能这样了 |
[1:04:15] | And part of me cannot even believe that we’re having this conversation. | 我还有点不敢相信我们有过这次谈话 |
[1:04:22] | But Daddy and I talked. | 但是爸爸和我谈过了 |
[1:04:27] | And… | 而且… |
[1:04:29] | if the doctor thinks that medication will improve the quality of your life… | 如果医生认为服药 会改善你的生活质量… |
[1:04:34] | Mom,can I ask you something? | 妈妈 能答应我点事吗? |
[1:04:39] | If you can’t get me an appointment right away, | 如果你不能帮我马上约到医生 |
[1:04:41] | can I just use the rest of Ashley’s pills just to get me through the test? | 我还能吃Ashley的药吗? 这样我就能通过考试了 |
[1:04:44] | No. Honey,we promised we would give those pills back to Ashley’s parents. | 不行 亲爱的 我们答应要把 这几粒药还给Ashley的父母的 |
[1:04:51] | And until a doctor tells us that there’s a medicine that makes sense for you… | 除非医生告诉我们 有适合你的药… |
[1:04:58] | But I promise that I will try to get that appointment as soon as possible. | 我答应我会尽快安排 你跟医生见面的 |
[1:05:05] | And until then,well,I’m a good listener. | 而在那之前 我是个很好的倾听者 |
[1:05:12] | So do you want early breakfast,or do you want to sleep another 30 minutes? | 所以你是愿意吃个很早的早饭 还是愿意再睡上半个小时? |
[1:05:16] | Sleep. | 睡觉 |
[1:05:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:05:23] | Mom. | 老妈 |
[1:05:30] | Shove over. | 过来吧 |
[1:05:55] | When did you realize he was my son? | 你是什么时候知道他是我儿子的? |
[1:06:01] | Caitlyn told me. | Caitlyn告诉的我 |
[1:06:08] | Why do you look so frightened? | 你怎么看起来在害怕? |
[1:06:11] | Do I look frightened? | 我看着是在害怕吗? |
[1:06:13] | Yes,you look terrified. | 是的 你看起来吓坏了 |
[1:06:16] | And why are you standing by the door? | 还有 你为什么要站在门边呢? |
[1:06:19] | Come into the room. Have a seat. | 到屋里来 坐吧 |
[1:06:29] | I went to see Justin yesterday. | 我昨天去见了Justin |
[1:06:32] | I told him I had some concerns about his lifestyle. | 我跟他说我有点担心他的生活方式 |
[1:06:36] | It’s nothing I haven’t said to him before. | 说的都是以前跟他说过的话 |
[1:06:38] | Usually he ignores me. | 一般他都无视我 |
[1:06:41] | But this time he insisted that I was wrong. | 但这次他坚持说 我说的不对 |
[1:06:43] | Says that he’s finally ready to become a grown-up. | 说他终于准备好做个大人了 |
[1:06:47] | Take some responsibility for his life… | 他要为他的生活负起责任… |
[1:06:50] | his work. | 还有他的工作 |
[1:06:53] | I was wondering if you’d mind meeting with him. | 我不知道你是否介意见见他 |
[1:06:57] | I’d be very curious to hear your impressions. | 我很期待听听你的看法 |
[1:07:00] | See if you think that he has actually turned a corner in his life. | 看看是不是你也认为 这真的是他生活的一个转折点 |
[1:07:11] | So,this is exciting. | 呵 这还真是有意思 |
[1:07:14] | I’m one of the first people in the company to get a look at my dad’s new toy. | 我是公司第一个看到 我爸爸新玩具的人之一 |
[1:07:19] | I don’t think your father thinks of me as a toy. | 我想你爸爸没把我当成玩具吧 |
[1:07:21] | No,I know. | 是 我知道 |
[1:07:23] | But you should realize that you are now officially topic #1 | 但你应该知道你现在已经 正式成为Lydecker公司 |
[1:07:26] | around the water cooler here at Lydecker. | 茶余饭后热议的头号对象了吧 |
[1:07:31] | Everybody knows you do the same thing that Caitlyn does,and honestly, | 大家都知道你跟Caitlyn 做的是一样的事情 但老实说 |
[1:07:36] | I think they’re a little surprised that my dad would bring in another six-figure napper. | 我想他们对我爸爸又找了一个 六位数的打盹儿专家很是惊奇 |
[1:07:43] | There’s far more to my job than taking naps. | 我的工作可不仅仅是打盹儿 |
[1:07:46] | Your father is interested in my impressions of things… | 你爸爸对我对事物和人的看法 很感兴趣 |
[1:07:50] | people,which is why I think he wanted me to sit down with you. | 我想这也是他想让我 坐下跟你谈谈的原因 |
[1:07:53] | Yeah. That’s what I figured. | 是 我也是这么猜的 |
[1:07:55] | He wants you to tell him if his only son is permanently screwed up or if I can be… | 他想让你告诉他 他唯一的儿子 是不是一辈子就无可救药了 |
[1:08:00] | salvaged. | 还是我还可能还有的救 |
[1:08:01] | That’s not exactly the way he put it. | 具体他不是这么说的 |
[1:08:04] | No,but that is what he wants to know. | 也许 但这是他想知道的 |
[1:08:07] | And honestly,I can’t really blame him. | 老实说 我真的不能怪他 |
[1:08:11] | I’ve spent most of the last decade disappointing the man. | 在过去的二十年里 我多数时间 都让他很失望 |
[1:08:14] | DUIs,assault charges,all those stints in rehab. | 醉酒驾车 被控攻击 在康复中心接受治疗 |
[1:08:19] | I mean,it’s… it’s hardly a secret that I’ve been a total disaster for a long time. | 我是说 这…这已经不是什么秘密了 一直以来 我的存在就是个灾难 |
[1:08:30] | Look,I know that my dad doesn’t trust me. | 我知道我爸爸不信任我 |
[1:08:35] | I can’t blame him. | 我不怪他 |
[1:08:37] | But I’m 26 years old,and my greatest accomplishment in life is-is sleeping with a girl | 但我已经26岁了 而我人生中最大的成就 是- 是和一个女孩儿睡了觉 |
[1:08:43] | who came in second place on a reality show. | 她后来获得了真人秀节目的亚军 |
[1:08:50] | I guess I’m just tired of being a joke. | 我想我只是厌倦了总是成为笑柄 |
[1:08:55] | And all that dark stuff is in the past. | 所有的不堪回首已经成为过去 |
[1:08:59] | And I want to change. | 我希望改变 |
[1:09:01] | I have changed. | 我已经改变了 |
[1:09:32] | Look,I have to be honest with you. | 我要对你坦诚 |
[1:09:33] | I don’t really believe in what you do. | 我真的一点都不相信你的工作 |
[1:09:37] | But I know that my dad does. | 但我知道我爸爸相信你 |
[1:09:41] | So please,I’d really appreciate it if you’d tell him that his prodigal son is doing just fine. | 所以 如果你能告诉他 他的浪子正努力回头 我将不胜感激 |
[1:10:10] | I remember you. | 我认识你 |
[1:10:13] | You hungry? | 你饿吗? |
[1:10:14] | That would involve chewing and I don’t think I have the strength for that. | 吃东西需要动腮帮子 我连这力气都没了 |
[1:10:20] | Where is everybody? | 孩子们呢? |
[1:10:22] | They’re asleep. It’s after 10:00,sweetie. | 已经睡下了 都已经过10点了 亲爱的 |
[1:10:25] | Great. | 真不错 |
[1:10:27] | Suicide? | 自杀? |
[1:10:29] | I kept leaving messages for Mr. Lydecker,explaining that it was urgent. | 我不停的给Lydecker先生留消息 告诉他是紧急情况 |
[1:10:35] | He never called back. | 但他没回电话 |
[1:10:36] | Then I tried to tell Caitlyn,but she was with him behind closed doors. | 然后我试着给Caitlyn打电话 她俩都在房间里 |
[1:10:44] | I just feel like crying. | 我都急得要哭了 |
[1:10:46] | I mean,that boy… | 我是说 那个孩子… |
[1:10:49] | That boy must have had every possible advantage in life. | 那个孩子在生活中 应该是无往不利吧 |
[1:10:54] | And even with that,he’s so unhappy. | 但即使这样 他也是如此的不开心 |
[1:10:57] | He’s ready to stick a gun in his mouth and pull the trigger. | 他都把枪塞进嘴里 准备触动扳机了 |
[1:11:03] | How does that happen? | 怎么会这样? |
[1:11:06] | I don’t know. I’ve been asking myself that for hours. | 我不知道 我也在不停的问自己 |
[1:11:10] | What didn’t he get? | 还有什么是他没得到的呢? |
[1:11:12] | What didn’t his father give him? | 还有什么是他爸爸给不了他的? |
[1:11:14] | Time,maybe? | 也许 是时间? |
[1:11:15] | Was he too busy building an empire to be a good father? | 也许他忙于建立自己的帝国 但却不是个好父亲? |
[1:11:20] | And the punch line is… | 而最关键的是… |
[1:11:24] | I come home from work and I miss dinner again and my girls are already asleep. | 上班回到家我又错过了晚饭 我的宝贝们也都已经睡下了 |
[1:11:30] | Oh,come on. I don’t think it’s the same thing. | 我想不会总这样的 |
[1:11:32] | – Are you sure? – Yeah. | – 你确定? – 是的 |
[1:11:36] | I hope you’re right. | 希望你是对的 |
[1:11:39] | Take one test booklet and pass the others back. | 每人拿一份 其他的往后传 |
[1:11:43] | You will have 25 minutes for part one of the exam. | 考试第一节时间为25分钟 |
[1:11:49] | Before you begin,be sure to complete the personal information in section A. | 开始之前 请确定在A区 填写完整你们的个人信息 |
[1:11:54] | Please be sure that you fill in all of the ovals completely. | 请确定 所有的圆圈都要涂满 |
[1:11:59] | You should be using a #2 pencil. | 只能使用2号铅笔 |
[1:12:01] | If your pencil breaks,I have extras here at my desk. | 如果你的铅笔断了 我桌上有备份的 |
[1:12:04] | Please raise your hand and you may come up to get one. | 请举手 然后可以过来拿一只 |
[1:12:12] | Eyes on your own paper,please. | 看你自己的试卷 |
[1:12:18] | Abraham Lincoln was America’s greatest president. | 亚伯拉罕林肯是美国最伟大的总统 |
[1:12:23] | Check your spelling on “president.” | 检查一下你”总统”的拼写 |
[1:12:24] | I think you’ve got a couple of extra Es kicking around in there. | 我想你那儿多写了两个E |
[1:12:27] | Okay,Daddy. | 知道了 老爸 |
[1:12:29] | Lincoln’s mother died in infancy. | 林肯的母亲幼时丧命 |
[1:12:31] | And he was born in a log cabin,which he built. | 而他出生于一间他建造的小木屋 |
[1:12:35] | You might want to check your facts on that. | 你也许要核实一下这儿的事实 |
[1:12:37] | If Lincoln’s mom died when she was an infant,there would be no Lincoln. | 如果林肯的母亲小时候就死了 那肯定就不会有林肯了 |
[1:12:41] | Nope. I think you’re wrong about that. That’s what our teacher told us. | 不对 我想你搞错了 这是我们老师告诉我们的 |
[1:12:44] | Yeah,I heard that,too. | 是的 我也听到了 |
[1:12:47] | Uh,Dad? Where’s Mom? | 呃 老爸? 妈妈呢? |
[1:12:50] | Uh,I don’t know,sweetie. She had to go in extra early today. | 呃 我不知道 亲爱的 她今天得走的很早 |
[1:12:55] | Is something wrong? | 有事? |
[1:12:57] | Do you think there’s any way that you could get me in to see the doctor today? | 今天能带我去见医生吗? |
[1:13:00] | Today? Uh,I don’t think so,honey. | 今天? 不行 亲爱的 |
[1:13:03] | Um,the doctor that Mom has in mind is out of town till the end of the week. | 妈妈找的医生 到周末才回来呢 |
[1:13:06] | Why? What’s going on? | 怎么了? 发生什么事了? |
[1:13:07] | Just… I had this dream,this crazy dream. | 我做梦了 很可怕的梦 |
[1:13:11] | Okay. | 哦 |
[1:13:12] | Well,you know,bad dreams are really your mom’s area of expertise. But,uh… | 可你也知道 恶梦可是你妈妈擅长的 但 嗯… |
[1:13:16] | It’s okay. It’s probably nothing. | 没关系 也许没什么 |
[1:13:18] | It’s not like it even made a lot of sense. | 甚至都觉得讲不通 |
[1:13:20] | I just… I was taking the PSATs,and I was in a classroom that I’d never been in before, | 我只是… 我正参加PSAT考试 在一间我从没去过的教室 |
[1:13:25] | and the teacher was giving the exam. | 老师正给我们监考 |
[1:13:27] | I’d never seen her,either,and… | 我也从来没见过她 而且… |
[1:13:30] | It’s,uh,it’s probably nothing. | 这也许没啥 |
[1:13:32] | Are you sure? Because maybe I could reach Mom on the phone. | 你确定? 需要的话 我可以给妈妈打电话 |
[1:13:35] | We could figure something out. | 我们也许能发现什么 |
[1:13:37] | No,it’s okay. Thanks. | 不 没关系 谢谢 |
[1:13:44] | – Did you hear? – What? | – 你听说了吗? – 什么? |
[1:13:46] | Okay,apparently,Mr. Rutherford has some radical stomach virus. | Rutherford先生 是得了急性病毒性胃病 |
[1:13:50] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[1:13:51] | He was in first period,going on about Charlemagne,and then he just pukes all over the place. | 第一节课时 他正讲查理大帝(法国历史名人) 然后就突然吐了一地 |
[1:13:55] | Like,geyser-style,on his desk,his chair,his shoes… | 就像间歇性喷泉一样 喷到他桌子上 椅子上 鞋上… |
[1:14:00] | His classroom is a biohazard. | 他所在的教室已经是病毒危险区了 |
[1:14:02] | There’s a note on e door that we have to go to some room in the auxiliary building for second period. | 门上贴了个通知 我们得去辅教楼上第二节课 |
[1:14:06] | Wait. It gets better. | 还有呢 更好的 |
[1:14:07] | Some student teacher is taking over his class for him, | 某个实习老师会替他上课 |
[1:14:10] | which probably means she’ll make the whole class into a study hall. | 这也许意味着她可能 会让大家”相互帮助”的 |
[1:14:13] | So I’m betting we can squeeze in another practice test. | 所以我打赌我们还能 有一次模拟测试的 |
[1:14:20] | – Oh,my God. – What? | – 哦 天哪 – 怎么了? |
[1:14:23] | There’s something familiar about this room. | 我好像在哪儿见过这个房间 |
[1:14:26] | Okay. Everyone,let’s settle down. | 好的 同学们 安静下来 |
[1:14:36] | Please. Take a seat. | 同学 请坐下 |
[1:14:41] | As most of you probably already know,Mr. Rutherford went home sick. | 相信大多数人已经知道 Rutherford先生因病回家了 |
[1:14:44] | My name is Ms. Snowden. | 我叫Snowden |
[1:14:46] | I’ll be your teacher until he gets back on his feet. | 在他康复之前 我会是你们的老师 |
[1:14:49] | Authorities continue to investigate a possible connection between slain police detective Brad Auerbach | 有关当局还在调查 死去的警探Brad Auerbach |
[1:14:55] | and the recent string of serial killings in the Phoenix area. | 与最近在Phoenix地区 出现的连环凶杀案的可能的联系 |
[1:14:58] | So far,they’re refusing to confirm whether they consider Auerbach a suspect | 至此 他们拒绝表态 是否将Auerbach列为嫌疑人 |
[1:15:03] | or just person of interest in this case… | 或是利益相关人之一… |
[1:15:04] | Mr. Lydecker? I’m sorry. | Lydecker先生? 对不起 |
[1:15:07] | Your assistant told me to come right in. | 您的助理告诉我进来的 |
[1:15:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:15:16] | You left me a number of urgent messages. | 你给我留了一条紧急信息 |
[1:15:19] | Sir,I’m concerned about your son. | 先生 我很担心你的儿子 |
[1:15:22] | I sense that he’s in a real moment of crisis. | 我感到他处在危机之中 |
[1:15:25] | He’s consumed by a profound sense of despair. | 他快要绝望窒息了 |
[1:15:29] | And I’m fairly certain he’s going to attempt to hurt himself. | 我确定他会伤害他自己 |
[1:15:33] | I appreciate your concern. | 谢谢你的关心 |
[1:15:35] | And I’ve sensed the same thing myself. | 我自己也有这种感觉 |
[1:15:38] | Now,rest assured,he’s being watched. | 放心 他被看着呢 |
[1:15:42] | I’ve reached out to a number of mental health professionals. | 我联系过一些精神健康方面的专家 |
[1:15:46] | Truth be told,at this moment, | 说实话 此刻 |
[1:15:49] | I am less concerned about Justin’s well-being than I am with yours. | 我现在更关心的是 你的状态而不是Justin的 |
[1:15:55] | Caitlyn and I have been reviewing your log,your dreams, | Caitlyn和我看了你的日记 你的梦 |
[1:16:01] | your impressions. | 你的印象 |
[1:16:04] | I fear we may have a problem,Allison. | 我想出了点问题 Allison |
[1:16:07] | Really? I’m sorry. I… | 真的? 对不起 我… |
[1:16:09] | The dreams you’ve been having about this,uh,this police detective… | 你关于那个 警探的梦… |
[1:16:13] | the one who just died,the one that you believe is connected to this recent spate of murders? | 那个刚死的 那个你认为涉嫌谋杀的? |
[1:16:16] | Can I ask you about those? | 我能问你这些吗? |
[1:16:18] | Please. | 问吧 |
[1:16:19] | The fact that he was slain by a former colleague of yours | 事实上 他被你的前任同事杀死 |
[1:16:23] | the night after you dreamed that he was connected to this horrible string of murders. | 就在梦见他和那一系列谋杀案有关的 那晚之后 |
[1:16:29] | I suspect that that’s not a coincidence. | 我猜那不是巧合 |
[1:16:32] | I’m not following where you’re going… | 我不太明白… |
[1:16:34] | Did you mention your dreams to your colleague? | 你和你的同事提起过你的梦吗? |
[1:16:38] | Yes,I did. | 是的 |
[1:16:44] | Okay,well,I understand that you’re new here. | 好的 我理解 你是新来的 |
[1:16:46] | I understand that you’re… | 我理解你… |
[1:16:48] | You are still finding your footing. | 你正在找准方向 |
[1:16:51] | But I need to be completely clear about one thing. | 但有一件事我要跟你说明白 |
[1:16:57] | We are paying you an extremely large sum of money. | 我们付了极大的一笔钱给你 |
[1:17:03] | Your thoughts,your dreams,your impressions… | 你的想法 你的梦 你的印象… |
[1:17:08] | they belong to Lydecker now. | 它们现在属于Lydecker |
[1:17:11] | They are actually the intellectual property of this company, | 它们现在属于这家公司的精神财富 |
[1:17:16] | so any attempt on your part to share those thoughts,those dreams,those impressions, | 所以 如果你把这些梦 这些想法 这些印象跟别人分享 |
[1:17:20] | with anyone outside of this company would actually constitute an act of theft. | 任何这个公司之外的人 这就是种盗窃行为 |
[1:17:28] | And I would hate to have to prosecute you. | 我也不愿意起诉你 |
[1:17:31] | Sir,I take your point,but the dreams that we’re talking about have nothing to do with Lydecker, | 先生 我明白你的意思 但我们说的梦 和Lydecker一点关系也没有 |
[1:17:35] | and everything to do with an open police investigation | 而只是和个公开的案子有关 |
[1:17:38] | in which lives clearly hang in the balance. | 显然这人案子中 有人命悬一线 |
[1:17:41] | Certainly,you can appreciate that distinction. | 希望您能明白这之间的区别 |
[1:17:44] | Yeah,of course I do. | 是的 我明白 |
[1:17:46] | And I do appreciate your sense of civic responsibility. However… | 我欣赏你的公民责任感 但是… |
[1:17:52] | If you ever breach your contract again, | 如果你再违反合同 |
[1:17:55] | if you ever breach my confidence again, | 如果你再泄漏机密 |
[1:18:00] | I will litigate you with a vigor unlike anything you have ever experienced in your life. | 我会以你这辈子都没见过的气势 来起诉你 |
[1:18:08] | I will see to it that between the cost of defending yourself | 我会保证让这场官司 |
[1:18:11] | and the time it takes to mount that defense, | 所耗费的金钱和时间 |
[1:18:14] | both you and your husband will be absolutely penniless. | 使你和你丈夫身无分文 |
[1:18:18] | Your house will be gone. Your children will have no futures. | 你没有了房子 你的孩子也不会有未来 |
[1:18:24] | Don’t misunderstand,Allison. | 不要误解 Allison |
[1:18:26] | It’s my expectation that you will work here for a very long time. | 我期望你能长久地在这工作 |
[1:18:31] | Maybe the rest of your life. I want you to be happy. | 也许你的余生 我希望你快乐 |
[1:18:38] | I want us both to be happy. | 我希望我们两个都快乐 |
[1:19:02] | How long are you going to sit out here? | 你要在外面坐多久? |
[1:19:04] | Till I make sense of it. | 直到我想通为止 |
[1:19:06] | I’ll get you some blankets and a pillow. | 那我给你那点毯子和枕头 |
[1:19:08] | How can you be so sanguine about this? | 你对这事怎么这么乐观? |
[1:19:11] | Those dreams that I was sharing with the authorities had nothing to do with Lydecker. | 我提供给有关当局的梦 和Lydecker一点关系也没有 |
[1:19:15] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[1:19:16] | All right.Then you tell me how the company is affected | 那你告诉我公司怎么会受到影响呢 |
[1:19:18] | if I help the police catch whoever is killing these women. | 如果我帮助警察抓住杀害那些女子的凶手 |
[1:19:21] | I can’t. I don’t think it would be. | 我不能 我不认为会 |
[1:19:23] | Exactly. | 很对 |
[1:19:24] | Mr. Lydecker treated me like I was some kind of traitor. | Lydecker先生看我就像是个叛徒 |
[1:19:27] | Like I was sharing secrets with his biggest competitor. | 好像我把机密透露给了他的最大对手 |
[1:19:30] | I started to think that he was going to fire me right then and there. | 我开始认为他早晚都会解雇我的 |
[1:19:33] | Well,he could have. | 是的 他本可以的 |
[1:19:34] | I mean,you did violate the terms of your contract. | 我的意思是 你违反了合同的条款 |
[1:19:37] | Excuse me to help stop a murderer. | 我帮忙阻止了凶杀案 |
[1:19:40] | But that’s not his concern. | 但那不是他关心的 |
[1:19:42] | That’s not the business that he’s in. | 那不是他的事业 |
[1:19:44] | Look,is this guy going to be named citizen of the year? No. | 他需要被评为年度公民吗? 不 |
[1:19:48] | But… hold on a sec. Don’t jump down my throat here. | 但… 等等 不要打断我 |
[1:19:50] | He does have kind of a point. | 他是有道理的 |
[1:19:52] | Your ideas,your thoughts are one of the things that he’s paying for. | 你的想法 你的观点是他花钱买来的 |
[1:19:56] | It was the same thing when I worked at Aerodytech. | 就和我为Aerodytech工作时一样 |
[1:19:58] | Everything that I thought up belonged to them. | 我所有的想法是归他们的 |
[1:20:01] | No,you want to talk smic right and wrong? | 你想谈论广义的对还是错? |
[1:20:03] | Yeah,you did a good thing by calling Scanlon. | 是的 你给Scanlon打电话很对 |
[1:20:06] | And that’s to your credit. | 那关系到你的信用 |
[1:20:08] | But let’s just say that I… | 但让我们这么说… |
[1:20:09] | I dreamed up an idea where I could solve all the world’s energy problems | 我梦见了能解决世界能源问题的方法 |
[1:20:13] | while I was at Aerodytech and I brought it straight to the UN. | 而然我为Aerodytech工作 但我直接给了联合国 |
[1:20:16] | Do you think that my employers would have patted me on the back, | 你认为我的老板会鼓励我 |
[1:20:20] | or do you think they would have sued me for everything I had? | 还是把我告到一毛不剩? |
[1:20:22] | Doesn’t make sense. None of this makes sense. | 没有道理 没一点道理 |
[1:20:24] | Yeah,well,welcome to corporate America. | 是的 欢迎来到美国公司 |
[1:20:58] | Oh,God. | 哦 上帝 |
[1:21:00] | Oh,God… Oh,God. | 哦 上帝… 哦 上帝 |
[1:21:30] | 750 Wick Ave APT B | Wick大道750号B公寓 |
[1:21:43] | Justin. | |
[1:21:45] | Oh,my God,it was Justin. | 哦 天哪 是Justin |
[1:21:49] | TO BE CONTINUE | 未完待续 |