时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Pulse is nonexistent. Patient’s in cardiac arrest. | 没有脉搏 病人处于心脏骤停状态 |
[00:09] | The cranial pressure’s up. I’m guessing aneurysm. | 颅内血压正在上升 我猜是动脉瘤 |
[00:11] | You’re guess aneurysm? What does that mean? | 你猜是动脉瘤 什么意思 |
[00:13] | You want us to treat it like an aneurysm? | 你要我们按照动脉瘤来治吗 |
[00:15] | Where’s the attending? | 主治医生去哪了 |
[00:16] | We paged him. He hasn’t answered yet. | 我呼过他了 还没有回应 |
[00:18] | You’re the resident so you’re in charge till he gets here. | 你是住院医师 所以在他到之前你全权负责 |
[00:20] | Right. Okay we need to insert an intraventricular catheter. | 好的 我们需要插入脑室内导管 |
[00:22] | But that will take hours. | 但是那会花很长时间 |
[00:25] | Okay, forget that. | 好吧 那就别做那个 |
[00:27] | Let’s just hit it with the defibrillator. | 那我们就用除颤器 |
[00:28] | Get the paddles fired up. | 给它充上电 |
[00:29] | Charging to 300. | 调到300焦耳 |
[00:31] | It’s charged. | 好了 |
[00:35] | – Clear. – Clear. | -离手 -离手了 |
[00:43] | Okay, new plan. | 好吧 新计划 |
[00:46] | We need to do an intracranial bypass. | 我们需要做颅内搭桥 |
[00:48] | We’ll just insert another catheter through the groin. | 我们需要从鼠蹊部插入导管 |
[00:50] | Are you sure? Her brain’s not getting any oxygen. | 你确定吗 她大脑缺氧 |
[00:52] | By the time we find the aneurysm, she’ll be a vegetable. | 我们找到那个动脉瘤时她都要成植物人了 |
[00:59] | I think we got to call it. | 我觉得我们可以宣布她死亡时间了 |
[01:00] | Yeah. I’m gonna call it. | 好吧 我来吧 |
[01:03] | Time of death… 5:14 a.m. | 死亡时间 凌晨五点四十分 |
[01:07] | Time of death? What are you talking about, time of death. | 死亡时间 你在乱说什么时间 |
[01:09] | Continue CPR please. | 继续心脏复苏 |
[01:11] | She had an aneurysm I’m afraid. | 恐怕她是得了动脉瘤 |
[01:13] | She’s been comatose for several weeks. | 几个星期以来她都处于昏睡状态 |
[01:15] | I thought about an intracranial drain. | 我想过做颅内引流 |
[01:16] | That’s a waste of time. | 那是浪费时间 |
[01:17] | This patient’s not having an aneurysm. | 这个病人没得动脉瘤 |
[01:19] | She’s in anaphylaxis. | 只是过敏而已 |
[01:20] | I don’t think so. | 我不认为是那样 |
[01:22] | There’s nothing on her chart that says anything about any allergies. | 她的病历上对她过敏只字未提 |
[01:25] | No known allergies. | 未知的过敏源 |
[01:26] | But we changed her antiviral this afternoon. | 但是今天下午我们帮她换了抗生素 |
[01:28] | It’s got methisone in it. | 里面含有麦西松 |
[01:38] | We’ve got something. | 有反应了 |
[01:39] | – Pulse? -Thirty-four. | -脉搏多少 -三十四 |
[01:43] | Sixty-six. | 六十六了 |
[01:44] | – BP’s climbing as well. – She’s stabilizing. | -血压也在升高 -她正慢慢稳定中 |
[01:47] | The clues are all on the chart. | 线索都在这张表上 |
[01:50] | You just gotta learn how to read it. | 你要学会懂得如何读它 |
[01:52] | You just saved that woman’s life. | 你刚刚救了她一条命 |
[01:55] | I suppose I did. | 我想是的 |
[01:57] | Guess it wasn’t your time to go… | 可能还没到你去的时间 |
[01:59] | Allison Dubois. | 艾莉森·迪布瓦 |
[02:50] | – How come you never told me? – I don’t know. | -你怎么没跟我提起过 -我不知道 |
[02:53] | But in light of everything that’s happened since, | 那件事都过去了很久了 |
[02:55] | It seemed kind of beside the point. | 再提也没有什么意义 |
[02:57] | Almost dying? | 我当时都快死了 |
[02:58] | How can that ever be beside the point? | 那怎么不值得一提呢 |
[03:00] | I don’t know, I wasn’t there. | 我不知道 我当时没在那 |
[03:02] | From what the doctors told me, | 从医生那听说 |
[03:03] | The whole thing lasted maybe two minutes. | 整个过程前后就两分钟 |
[03:05] | I mean they called me I rushed down there. | 他们给我打了电话 我赶到那 |
[03:06] | By the time I got down there, you were completely stable. | 等到我赶到的时候 你都完全稳定了 |
[03:09] | I never even met the doctor who worked on you. | 我当时都没见到那个救你的医生 |
[03:11] | Still… | 那又怎样 |
[03:12] | But Allie you were in a coma. | 但是艾莉你当时在昏迷中 |
[03:13] | You were in a coma when I left you that night. | 那晚我从你那离开的时候 你已经在昏迷了 |
[03:15] | You were still in a coma when I came back the next morning. | 第二天早上我去那的时候你还在昏迷中 |
[03:19] | It didn’t seem like that much had changed. | 你看上去没什么分别 |
[03:21] | But I’m sorry. | 但是对不起 |
[03:22] | You don’t have to apologize. It’s not your fault. | 你没必要道歉 不是你的错 |
[03:25] | I just– the whole reason I’m dreaming this dream | 我…我翻来覆去做这个梦的原因 |
[03:27] | Is I’m anxious about going back to the hospital. | 是我害怕又回到医院里 |
[03:31] | I’m anxious about seeing Rosemary. | 去见罗斯玛丽让我很紧张 |
[03:33] | What are you anxious about? She’s your friend. | 你在紧张什么 她是你的朋友 |
[03:35] | Why are you assuming the worst? | 你怎么总是东想西想 |
[03:37] | Honey, it’s a hospital. | 亲爱的 那是医院 |
[03:40] | They don’t keep you in there ’cause they like you. | 他们让你住在那不是因为他们喜欢你 |
[03:45] | Aren’t you forgetting something? | 你没忘了什么吧 |
[03:47] | And then this guy Jordy after all that, | 经过那些之后 这个叫乔迪的家伙 |
[03:50] | Tells her he doesn’t even like girls. | 跟她说他不好女色 |
[03:51] | He likes boys. | 只爱背背山 |
[03:53] | Bridgette why are you watching that show? | 布里奇特 你怎么要看那种节目 |
[03:55] | Mom and dad would hate it | 爸妈如果知道你在看那个 |
[03:56] | If they knew that you were watching that show. | 他们会不高兴的 |
[03:59] | Nuh-uh.You’re wrong. It’s not even a show. It’s all real. | 你错了 那不是秀 那都是真的 |
[04:02] | It’s reality television. | 那是真人秀 |
[04:04] | Okay you know what you don’t know what you’re talking about. | 好了 你都不知道你自己在说什么 |
[04:06] | There is nothing real about that show. | 那个电视节目一点也不真 |
[04:08] | It’s staged. | 舞台剧而已 |
[04:09] | The people who make it tell them what to do. | 编导会告诉他们应该怎么做 |
[04:11] | Nuh-uh. It’s real. | 你错了 那是真的 |
[04:13] | It’s fake. | 是假的 |
[04:14] | You’re wrong. It has to be real. | 你大错特错 它一定是真的 |
[04:16] | I watched it on the computer at school. | 我一直在学校的电脑上看 |
[04:18] | What did you watch on the computer at school? | 你在学校的电脑看什么 |
[04:20] | She’s watching that show The Real Life Diaries. | 她在看那个《现实生活日记》 |
[04:22] | The one where the follow real people with the real problems, | 就是那个跟拍真人真事的 |
[04:24] | Finding real solutions to life’s real challenges. | 寻找克服人生挑战的真正方法的剧 |
[04:28] | No, no, no, Bridge. | 不 不 不 布里奇 |
[04:30] | I don’t want you watching that. | 你不能看那个 |
[04:31] | That’s not for you. | 那不适合你 |
[04:32] | Why is it not for me? | 怎么不适合我了 |
[04:33] | I’m a person… I’m real. | 我是一个人…我也是真实的 |
[04:35] | Yes but there’s nothing real about that show. | 是的 但是那个秀一点也不真 |
[04:38] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[04:39] | It’s all so lurid and adult. | 而且那个太鬼魅般太成人化了 |
[04:42] | I want to be an adult. | 我想成为一个大人 |
[04:44] | And I don’t know what it means, | 而且我不知道那个词什么意思 |
[04:45] | But by the sound of it, I think I want to be lurid, too. | 但听起来我也该变成鬼魅般才行 |
[04:48] | Yeah, me, too. | 我也是 |
[04:49] | What you want to be is on time for school. | 你要的是准时上学 |
[04:52] | And I want to be on time for my job interview. | 我也要准时去我的面试 |
[04:54] | So if you guys are done with your breakfast, | 所以如果你们两个吃完早餐 |
[04:56] | How about you go into your room | 那就去房间 |
[04:58] | And get ready for school. Okay? | 准备一下去上学 好吗 |
[04:59] | – Okay daddy. – Thank you. | -好的 爸 -谢谢 |
[05:01] | Okay, daddy. | 好的 老爸 |
[05:03] | Oh hey… when you see your mom, | 看见妈妈的时候 |
[05:06] | Be sure to make a big deal. | 你们会大吃一惊 |
[05:08] | She’s walking without a cane. | 她不拄拐杖了 |
[05:13] | We’re decent. | 请进 |
[05:21] | I’m calling no fair. | 我没看错吧 |
[05:24] | Look at you. | 你来啦 |
[05:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:36] | What’s with the hair? | 瞧瞧你的头发 |
[05:38] | I thought we had a deal. | 我们说好的 |
[05:40] | I just got rid of mine to support you. | 我陪你一起剃光头 |
[05:43] | If I had known you were going to grow yours back, | 早知道你的头发会长好 |
[05:46] | I would have stopped taking that chemo a long time ago. | 我就不做化疗了 |
[05:50] | I feel like such a fool. | 我感觉自己好傻 |
[05:51] | I got out my best babushka for your visit. | 为你的大驾光临 我戴了最好看的头巾 |
[05:55] | And seriously you’re not using your cane at all anymore? | 说真的 你不用拄拐杖了吗 |
[05:59] | No, not as of this morning. | 没错 今早起来就不用了 |
[06:01] | You’re just… | 你真是… |
[06:04] | A disappointment on so many levels. | 太出乎我的意料了 |
[06:07] | After all I’ve done for you. | 毕竟有我替你受罪 |
[06:09] | Don’t make fun. Don’t be little. | 别开玩笑 乐观一点 |
[06:12] | No. | 不 |
[06:13] | No might not be important to you, | 也许对你不重要 |
[06:14] | But it’s important to me. | 但对我很重要 |
[06:16] | You’re the one who got me through | 你陪我挺过 |
[06:17] | Those first few weeks you smart-ass. | 艰难的头几个礼拜 |
[06:21] | You’re the one who would come up to me and say, | 你是那个会鼓励我 对我说 |
[06:24] | “Get your ass out of bed.” | “快好起来 傻瓜”的人 |
[06:27] | Okay. | 是啊 |
[06:28] | So… | 那么 |
[06:30] | Return the favor. | 该换你说了 |
[06:36] | Get your ass out of bed. | 快好起来 傻瓜 |
[06:46] | Well, I guess you just don’t know how to say it, right? Do you? | 我猜你不知道用什么语气说这句话 对吧 |
[06:51] | Rosemary what the hell is going on? | 罗斯玛丽 究竟发生了什么 |
[06:53] | Why are you still here? | 你怎么还躺在医院 |
[06:54] | Yesterday afternoon, | 昨天下午 |
[06:55] | My doctor told me I’m stage four. | 医生告诉我说 我的病已到了晚期 |
[06:59] | Can’t operate again. | 无法再手术 |
[07:00] | It’s too big. | 肿瘤已经太大了 |
[07:01] | It’s too impacted. | 压迫太严重了 |
[07:03] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[07:10] | That’s what he told me. | 他就是这么对我说的 |
[07:14] | Do you know what I did? | 想知道我如何应对的吗 |
[07:16] | I didn’t call my family. | 我没有打电话给我的家人 |
[07:18] | I didn’t call my minister. | 也没有打给上司 |
[07:20] | The first person I called was you. | 而是先打给了你 |
[07:23] | Yesterday afternoon. | 昨天下午 |
[07:25] | You. | 打给你的 |
[07:27] | And here you are. | 现在你就在我面前 |
[07:29] | Here I am. | 我在这了 |
[07:34] | So how you sleeping? | 你觉睡得好吗 |
[07:37] | You’re walking. | 你活动自如 |
[07:38] | You’ve got hair to comb. | 你长好了头发 |
[07:41] | I’m thinking you’re dreaming again. | 我想你又能重新做梦了 |
[07:45] | So dream a dream for me. | 那么为我做个好梦吧 |
[07:50] | Dream me something I can tell my husband, my kids. | 梦到能让我告诉我丈夫和孩子的喜讯 |
[07:55] | Would you do that? | 可以吗 |
[07:57] | A happy dream? A hopeful dream? | 一个美梦 充满希望的美梦 |
[08:02] | I’ll try. | 我尽力 |
[08:03] | I swear to god, I will try. | 我发誓 我尽力而为 |
[08:05] | But it kind of does what it wants to do. | 但有时候得顺其自然 |
[08:07] | That’s okay. | 好吧 |
[08:11] | If you come up empty, | 即使你没做梦 |
[08:12] | Feel free to come back tomorrow and lie to me. | 明天也尽管过来 对我说谎也没事 |
[08:46] | I’ll be right there. | 我在这等你 |
[08:47] | Excuse me? uh… | 打扰了 |
[08:49] | It’s doctor… | 你是 |
[08:51] | Dr. Statler? | 史塔勒医生吗 |
[08:53] | Yeah. I’m sorry. Have we met? | 是的 抱歉 我们见过面吗 |
[08:54] | Uh, kind of. | 算是吧 |
[08:55] | My name’s allison dubois. | 我叫艾莉森·迪布瓦 |
[08:57] | I was a patient here. | 我曾经是这里的病人 |
[08:58] | Uh I was in a coma for about three months. | 我昏迷了大约三个月 |
[09:00] | And I, I had a bad reaction to a drug one night. | 有一晚 我对药物过敏 |
[09:04] | I guess clinically I was dead for a few minutes. | 有几分钟时间 我已临床死亡 |
[09:07] | Yeah, I-I remember. | 对 我想起来了 |
[09:08] | I think I gave you an EPI shot. | 我给你进行了表阿霉素 |
[09:10] | Well any other doctor would have done the same thing. | 换做是其他医生也会这样做 |
[09:13] | Well, I’m not so sure. | 难说吧 |
[09:14] | And anyway it wasn’t any other doctor. | 不管怎样 不是别的医生 |
[09:16] | It was you. | 而是你救了我 |
[09:23] | I promise you , uuh? | 我向你保证 |
[09:24] | I only get less impressive the more you look at me. | 你越盯着我看 我对你的印象越是模糊 |
[09:29] | Look I know you’re a very busy man. | 我知道你很忙 |
[09:31] | If there’s anything ever, that you need– | 如果你有任何需要 |
[09:34] | Not that I know what that would be… | 不是我所能预见的 |
[09:37] | You wouldn’t have a nickel would you? | 你有没有五分钱硬币 |
[09:43] | Yes. | 有 |
[09:44] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[09:47] | We’ll call it even, huh? | 我们算是扯平了 |
[10:02] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[10:03] | Job interviews. | 工作面试 |
[10:05] | I… I get pretty nervous. | 我紧张极了 |
[10:07] | Would-would you give me that? | 递给我一下行吗 |
[10:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:11] | I just– I just dried them off and look at them. | 我的手才刚擦干 看看它们 |
[10:14] | They’re already soaking wet with sweat. | 又开始冒汗了 |
[10:17] | You know what you should do? | 你知道你该怎么做吗 |
[10:18] | You should get a bottle of water. | 你应该拿一瓶水 |
[10:18] | And just keep your hands wrapped around it | 握在手里 |
[10:20] | Till before you go in the interview. | 直到你进去面试 |
[10:21] | And that way your hand will be, uh, cool Instead of clammy. | 这样你的手就能保持干爽 |
[10:24] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:25] | I speak from experience. | 我有经验 |
[10:26] | Yeah I’m uh will… Willem Wittmar. | 我叫威琏·维特玛 |
[10:29] | Joe dubois. | 乔·迪布瓦 |
[10:30] | That– you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[10:31] | That hand is cool. | 你的手很干爽 |
[10:33] | Willem, huh? | 威琏 对吗 |
[10:34] | Like, uh, like the actor? | 跟那个演员同名吗 |
[10:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:36] | I uh really should change it to “William.” | 我真应该把名字改成”威廉” |
[10:38] | Cause uh nobody ever gets it right. | 因为总有人写错 |
[10:42] | Here you go, Willem. | 给你 威琏 |
[10:43] | I think you could probably use that. | 也许会有用 |
[10:49] | Hey, dad. | 老爸 |
[10:50] | Hi, kiddo. | 乖女儿 |
[10:53] | Hey, do you know anybody in Hollywood? | 你认识好莱坞的人吗 |
[10:56] | Hollywood? Like in the entertainment business? | 好莱坞 你是说娱乐圈吗 |
[10:59] | No. Why? | 不认识啊 怎么了 |
[11:01] | I have this really cool idea for that tv show | 我对那个节目有个很酷的主意 |
[11:03] | The Real Life Diaries. | 《现实生活日记》 |
[11:05] | And I was thinking | 我在想 |
[11:06] | If I wrote it down maybe you could send it to them | 如果我把它写下来 也许你能寄给他们 |
[11:09] | Or write to them or e-mail to them or something. | 给他们写信或发邮件 |
[11:14] | It’s about this new character a guy named Willem. | 故事关于一个叫威琏的人 |
[11:17] | Willem? | 威琏 |
[11:23] | What’s so funny? | 什么事那么有趣 |
[11:24] | Bridgette. She’s, uh, she wrote some ideas | 布里奇特 她写了几个点子 |
[11:27] | For this TV show she likes. | 给她喜欢的电视节目 |
[11:29] | Well, why’s that? | 为什么 |
[11:31] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[11:32] | She-she wants me to send it to the producers. | 她想要我寄给制片人 |
[11:34] | Ooh I like it. Shows initiative. | 我喜欢 有原创性 |
[11:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:38] | She’s created all these characters. | 她创造了所有角色 |
[11:40] | She’s got this guy named Willem | 有个叫威琏的男人 |
[11:43] | Who, he’s an astronaut, | 他是个宇航员 |
[11:45] | And he hasn’t been in space in, in, like, a couple years | 不过许久没有上太空了 |
[11:48] | So he’s running out of money. | 他的钱用光了 |
[11:50] | And his wife Tess is uh, she’s upset with him, | 他的妻子泰丝对他很失望 |
[11:54] | So she socks him in the eye. | 朝他眼睛打了一拳 |
[11:56] | Whoa. Wonder where she got that from. | 她从哪得到灵感的 |
[11:58] | I know. You haven’t socked me | 我知道 你好几个月 |
[12:00] | In the eye for months. | 没打我眼睛了 |
[12:09] | Oh hey, you never said anything about, | 你还没谈过关于 |
[12:12] | Um, about Rosemary. | 罗斯玛丽的事呢 |
[12:14] | What’s there to say? | 有什么好说的呢 |
[12:17] | I was right. She doesn’t have much time. | 我是对的 她时日不多了 |
[12:22] | I’m sorry. | 可怜的人 |
[12:24] | The whole thing’s so random. | 世事难料 |
[12:27] | My tumor’s better but hers was malignant. | 我的肿瘤好转 她的却恶化 |
[12:31] | I gonna live and… | 我活下来了 |
[12:34] | She’s gonna die. | 她却要死了 |
[12:52] | Help me! | 救救我 |
[13:05] | Oh, my god Rosemary, I was so worried about you. | 天啊 罗斯玛丽 我很担心你 |
[13:08] | I tried to call your room and nobody answered. | 我打你房间的电话但没人接 |
[13:10] | The nurse… | 那护士 |
[13:11] | She told me she would make me feel better, feel good. | 她说会让我舒服点 感觉好些 |
[13:14] | She told me to relax. | 让我放松 |
[13:16] | She said she did this kind of thing all the time. | 她说她向来是这样给病人治疗的 |
[13:18] | She knew what she was doing. | 她知道她在做什么 |
[13:20] | What do you mean? Why are you so upset? | 你什么意思 为何这么悲伤 |
[13:22] | Madam can I help you? | 我能帮你吗 女士 |
[13:24] | No, I’m fine. We’re fine. | 我没事 我们很好 |
[13:26] | I’m just visiting my friend. | 我只是来看望我的朋友 |
[13:28] | Your friend? | 你的朋友 |
[13:29] | Rosemary. Rosemary Widdick. | 罗斯玛丽 罗斯玛丽·维迪克 |
[13:32] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[13:32] | Didn’t they tell you? | 他们没告诉你吗 |
[13:34] | Ms. Widdick passed away early this morning. | 维迪克女士今天早些时候过世了 |
[13:46] | I don’t understand exactly what it is | 我不怎么明白 |
[13:48] | You want me to do, Allison. | 你要我做什么 艾莉森 |
[13:49] | I don’t know… investigate, file charges. | 我也不知道 调查 刑事起诉 |
[13:51] | Help me find and arrest this nurse that I saw in my dream. | 帮我找到和逮捕我梦到的护士 |
[13:54] | But the death certificate clearly indicates | 但死亡证明上清楚表明 |
[13:56] | That your friend died for natural causes. | 你的朋友死于自然原因 |
[13:58] | “Sudden respiratory failure.” | “突发性呼吸衰竭” |
[14:00] | I have to believe that if some nurse did give | 我认为如果某个护士确实 |
[14:03] | Your friend a drug that killed her, | 给你朋友吃了致死的药 |
[14:04] | There would be evidence to that effect | 那应该有证据证明那种药效 |
[14:05] | And that it would be apparent to either her doctor | 如果是的话她的主治医生 |
[14:08] | Or the people at the hospital… | 或者医院里其他医生也会知道 |
[14:09] | Well not necessarily; not if they’re not looking for it. | 未必 如果他们不查呢 |
[14:12] | Can’t you just order an autopsy? | 你不能安排尸检吗 |
[14:15] | Based on what? | 有什么依据吗 |
[14:17] | Look… I’m sorry you lost your friend, | 你失去了朋友我感到很抱歉 |
[14:19] | But she was battling stage-four cancer. | 但她在和晚期癌症作战 |
[14:22] | That’s not what killed her. | 不是癌症夺走了她的生命 |
[14:24] | Even if you’re right about that, | 就算你是对的 |
[14:25] | My hands are tied. | 我也束手无策 |
[14:27] | No crime has been reported. | 没有上报犯罪行为 |
[14:28] | Even the family of the alleged victim isn’t complaining. | 死者家属也没有异议 |
[14:33] | The hospital has ruled on the cause of death. | 医院裁定出了致死原因 |
[14:36] | If you want someone to revisit that judgment, | 如果你要人重新调查死因 |
[14:39] | You’re going to have to convince someone there. | 你必须让他们相信有问题 |
[14:42] | Dr. Statler? | 史塔勒医生 |
[14:45] | Hello again. | 又见面了 |
[14:46] | Allison Dubois. We… | 艾莉森·迪布瓦 我们 |
[14:47] | I saved your life. | 我救了你的命 |
[14:48] | You gave me a nickel for it. | 你因此给了我五分钱 |
[14:50] | I’m sorry. I’m really busy. | 抱歉 我真的很忙 |
[14:51] | Is there something I can do for you? | 我能为你做什么吗 |
[14:58] | There’s nothing out of the ordinary in this chart. | 从病历上看没有异常 |
[15:00] | Well, of course not. | 当然没有 |
[15:02] | The drug responsible for ending my friend’s life | 导致我朋友死亡的药 |
[15:03] | Wouldn’t have been recorded on that chart. | 肯定不会被记录在病历上 |
[15:06] | That’s why I need you to authorize an autopsy. | 这就是我为何要你批准尸检 |
[15:10] | Look I think that Rosemary met with foul play. | 我觉得罗斯玛丽遇到了不公 |
[15:15] | That’s, uh, that’s quite | 这是 这是非常 |
[15:17] | An outrageous accusation, Mrs. Dubois. | 惊人的指控 迪布瓦女士 |
[15:19] | Do you have any basis for it? | 你有什么证据吗 |
[15:20] | No. | 没有 |
[15:22] | I’m just taking Rosemary’s word for it. | 我只是相信罗斯玛丽的话 |
[15:26] | Look… | 你看 |
[15:27] | I know you’re very busy | 我知道你很忙 |
[15:29] | And I know you’re very good at what you do, | 我也知道你工作出色 |
[15:33] | But it just so happens I’m pretty good at what I do, too. | 但恰好我对我的工作也很在行 |
[15:38] | Look me up. | 来找我 |
[15:42] | Here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[15:44] | Call me. | 打电话给我 |
[15:45] | Tell me you’ll do it. | 告诉我你会查这事 |
[15:50] | Hey, Joe. | 你好 乔 |
[15:53] | Looks like we both made it to round two. | 好像我们都进了第二轮 |
[15:56] | Must have been that water bottle trick. | 一定是那瓶子戏法起作用了 |
[15:58] | How’s the other guy look? | 有人打你了 |
[16:00] | Oh this? No, there was no other guy. | 这个 没有 不是打的 |
[16:03] | I woke up in the middle of the night | 我在午夜起床 |
[16:05] | And you know I tripped over my dog | 被狗给绊倒了 |
[16:06] | And I went smack into the the bathroom door. | 撞到了浴室门上 |
[16:10] | My wife actually she tried to convince me | 我妻子居然试着劝服我 |
[16:11] | To use some of makeup to cover it up, but… | 用化妆品遮盖一下 |
[16:13] | Your wife… Tess? | 你妻子 泰丝吗 |
[16:17] | Yeah. Did… did I mention her the other day? | 是的 我那天跟你提起过她吗 |
[16:21] | Yeah, Tess, she uh she tried | 是的 泰丝想要我 |
[16:24] | To get me to use something called “concealer.” | 用遮瑕膏”盖”一下 |
[16:26] | I mean have you heard of this stuff? | 你听过这事吗 |
[16:27] | It’s… it’s… what’s that say about women | 女人竟然把 |
[16:29] | That they carry around this stuff called “concealer”? | 她们随身携带的东西叫做”盖” |
[16:34] | Go away! | 走开 |
[16:37] | Hey. | 是我 |
[16:39] | Oh. Sorry I thought you were Marie. | 抱歉 我以为你是玛丽 |
[16:42] | Ah, that’s okay . | 没事 |
[16:44] | Um, what you uh what you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[16:47] | You working on some ideas for the TV show? | 在为那电视节目写故事吗 |
[16:50] | Well I had a dream about them last night, | 我昨晚又梦见他们了 |
[16:52] | And I’ve been waiting all day to write them down. | 等了一整天终于能写下来了 |
[16:54] | Are you mad? | 你不生气吧 |
[16:55] | No, I’m not mad. | 我不生气 |
[16:58] | So what’s going on? | 剧情怎么发展的 |
[17:00] | What’s in store for ol’ Willem, hmm? | 威琏又遭遇什么了 |
[17:04] | Are things gonna start looking up for the guy? | 上天是否开始眷顾他了呢 |
[17:06] | Is he gonna get some work? | 他找到工作了吗 |
[17:10] | Wait. I don’t understand. | 等等 我不明白 |
[17:12] | So your competition for this job is some | 那么你这份工作的竞争对手 |
[17:15] | Down-on-his-luck astronaut | 是个娶了伯爵的前妻 |
[17:17] | Who has a ex-countess for a wife? | 倒霉透顶的宇航员吗 |
[17:22] | Well Bridgette did take some creative liberties, | 虽然布里奇特修饰润色了不少 |
[17:25] | But she also got a lot of things right. | 但还是有很多事写对了 |
[17:27] | This guy Willem is out of work. | 这个叫威琏的家伙失业了 |
[17:29] | He is married to a woman named Tess. | 娶了一个叫泰丝的女人 |
[17:32] | And as far as I can tell she did sock him in the eye. | 据我所知他老婆的确痛击了他的眼睛 |
[17:35] | “Tess wanted money.” | “泰丝嗜钱如命” |
[17:37] | “It was all she ever really cared about.” | “她唯一在乎的就是钱” |
[17:40] | “And when Willem couldn’t give her enough, | “当威琏无法满足她时” |
[17:43] | “She found herself another man.” | “她就又找了个男人” |
[17:44] | “His name was Carlo.” | “叫做卡洛” |
[17:47] | What? So are we supposed to believe that this lady’s cheating | 怎么 我们该相信这位夫人 |
[17:50] | On her husband ’cause he can’t find a job? | 会因为丈夫找不到工作而红杏出墙吗 |
[17:52] | I mean nobody can find a job. | 现在大家都失业着呢 |
[18:00] | Hello? | 喂 |
[18:02] | I looked you up, Mrs. Dubois. | 我对你进行了调查 迪布瓦女士 |
[18:04] | Apparently you are usually pretty good at what you do. | 显然你对于你的工作很在行 |
[18:07] | So I called the Widdick family, I was able to convince them | 所以我给维迪克的家人打了电话 说服他们 |
[18:10] | To let us perform an autopsy on Rosemary. | 让我们对罗斯玛丽进行验尸 |
[18:12] | I’m looking at the results right now. | 我现在正在看验尸报告 |
[18:14] | That’s terrific. | 太好了 |
[18:15] | Yeah, well, you tell me. | 是啊 你告诉我的 |
[18:18] | We found no unusual substances in her system, | 我们并未在其体内发现异常物质 |
[18:20] | Just the medication we prescribed. | 都是我们开出的药物 |
[18:22] | We did find that her cancer had spread even further | 我们还发现她的癌细胞扩散速度比 |
[18:25] | Than her primary oncologist suspected. | 她的肿瘤主治医生所预测还要快 |
[18:28] | Her kidneys were pretty much gone. | 她的肺几乎烂光 |
[18:30] | Her heart valves were not clear | 心脏瓣膜遭到损坏 |
[18:31] | And her lymphatic system was compromised. | 淋巴系统也岌岌可危 |
[18:34] | Mrs. Dubois I-I don’t know what to tell you, | 迪布瓦女士 我不知道该跟你说什么 |
[18:37] | But this woman died because her | 但这位女士之死 |
[18:39] | Body was consumed with cancer, | 是因为癌细胞将其身体消耗殆尽了 |
[18:41] | Not because someone gave her a drug that killed her. | 而不是有人下药毒害她 |
[18:44] | I’m just surprised. | 我只是有点吃惊 |
[18:48] | Mrs. Dubois I’m sorry you lost your friend. | 迪布瓦女士 请节哀顺变 |
[18:51] | Perhaps knowing that she died of natural causes | 也许知道你朋友属于自然死亡 |
[18:53] | Will make it easier to accept. | 会让你更容易接受 |
[18:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:11] | Help me! | 救命 |
[19:17] | It hurts! | 痛死我了 |
[19:25] | Pain! | 好痛 |
[19:27] | Don’t worry… I’ve already given you something | 别担心 我会给你注射点药 |
[19:30] | That’s gonna make all of that go away. | 你就不会痛了 |
[19:33] | Dr. Bench prescribed something new. | 奔奇医生新开了些药 |
[19:35] | It’s very powerful stuff. | 有很强的药效 |
[19:36] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[19:38] | Try and relax. | 试着放松 |
[19:40] | You’re not the first patient I’ve administered this to. | 在你之前有很多病人也用过这药 |
[19:43] | That’s it. Get some sleep. | 这样就对了 好好睡会儿 |
[20:14] | It’s all right, dear. | 没事了 宝贝 |
[20:17] | It’s your time. | 时辰到了 |
[20:24] | What’s so riveting, hmm? | 有什么吸引人的吗 |
[20:27] | Ooh isn’t that handsome Dr. Statler, | 史塔勒医生很帅吧 |
[20:30] | The man who saved your life? | 是他救了你命吧 |
[20:33] | He did. He saved my life, didn’t he? | 是他 他救了我命 对吧 |
[20:35] | Mm-hmm, yes, he did. | 是啊 的确 |
[20:40] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[20:41] | I’ve been up here 4:00 in the morning | 我早上四点就起来 |
[20:43] | Trying to read everything I can about him, | 读了有关他的所有资料 |
[20:44] | Trying to convince myself. | 努力说服自己 |
[20:47] | Is there something you want to tell me? | 有什么想告诉我的吗 |
[20:52] | I think he killed Rosemary. | 我觉得是他杀了罗斯玛丽 |
[20:54] | I think he did it on purpose. | 我猜他是有意的 |
[20:57] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[20:58] | Didn’t you say a nurse did it? | 你昨天不是说是个护士吗 |
[21:00] | You said that you saw a nurse doing it. | 你说看见一个护士杀了她 |
[21:02] | I said Rosemary saw a nurse do it. | 我说的是罗斯玛丽看见是护士干的 |
[21:04] | I think she-she thought she did. | 她以为是护士干的 |
[21:07] | But as it turns out, | 但事实却是 |
[21:08] | The nurse was just giving her a painkiller. | 护士给她注射了一些止痛药 |
[21:10] | Statler slipped in there later and killed her in her sleep. | 后来史塔勒悄悄溜进来 将她杀死在睡梦中 |
[21:14] | At least that’s what I dreamt. | 至少我梦见的就是这样 |
[21:16] | Well why don’t we talk about that for a second? | 这事我们得好好谈谈 |
[21:18] | You just started dreaming again, | 你才刚开始恢复做梦 |
[21:20] | After being in a coma for months, | 特别是你还昏迷了几个月 |
[21:22] | After weeks of having no dreams at all. | 外加数周没有做梦了 |
[21:25] | Is it possible that… | 有没有可能… |
[21:27] | What you saw didn’t happen? | 你看到的并不是事实 |
[21:30] | I… that’s what I’m hoping. | 这正是我所希望的 |
[21:32] | I would love to be wrong. | 我更乐意接受梦是假的 |
[21:35] | Anyway you know what, this– | 不管怎样 这个 |
[21:37] | I think you got some e-mail or something. | 我猜是你的邮件之类的东西 |
[21:39] | This mail symbol keeps flashing. | 这个邮件标志不停地闪啊闪 |
[21:50] | Hey uh I hate to shatter a horrible mood | 我不想用好消息 |
[21:54] | With good news, but it’s Drew. | 来打破这个糟糕的气氛 是德鲁发来的 |
[21:56] | He said the interview went great. | 他在邮件上说 面试很成功 |
[21:58] | They love me. | 他们中意我 |
[22:00] | They’re putting together an offer. | 正在拟定合同 |
[22:02] | I might have a job. | 我有工作了 |
[22:05] | Michael Crawford, 340… | 迈克尔·克劳福德 340室 |
[22:07] | Mr. Carlisle. | 卡莱尔先生 |
[22:09] | Sorry to shanghai you after your lunch. | 抱歉在午餐后打扰你 |
[22:12] | Um, my name’s Allison Dubois. | 我是艾莉森·迪布瓦 |
[22:13] | I’m with the district attorney’s office. | 为地方检查官办公室工作 |
[22:15] | I was also a patient here. | 曾也是这儿的一名病人 |
[22:17] | I was hoping maybe I could have a few minutes of your time. | 希望能占用你几分钟时间 |
[22:20] | That’s quite a story. | 真是精彩的故事 |
[22:21] | I want you to understand that | 我希望你明白 |
[22:22] | I admire Dr. Statler. | 我很敬佩史塔勒医生 |
[22:24] | I– Dr. Statler saved my life. | 史塔勒医生曾救过我的命 |
[22:28] | But I’ve been doing research | 今天早上 |
[22:29] | On his career this morning and– | 我对他的职业生涯进行了研究 |
[22:32] | Are you aware | 你知道 |
[22:33] | That before Dr. Statler came to work here, | 自从史塔勒医生来到贵院之后 |
[22:35] | You never had more than nine deaths a year | 贵院一年多了九起 |
[22:37] | From sudden respiratory failure? | 突发性呼吸衰竭死亡案例吗 |
[22:40] | Sudden respiratory failure. | 突发性呼吸衰竭 |
[22:43] | It’s what’s listed here | 我朋友罗斯玛丽的死亡证明上 |
[22:44] | On my friend Rosemary’s death certificate. | 就是这样写的 |
[22:49] | It’s kind of a catchall phrase,right? | 真是个含糊不清的说法 对吗 |
[22:52] | Basically means “we really don’t know what happened here.” | 其基本意思就是 我们并不知道发生了什么 |
[22:54] | Medicine is still as much an art as it is a science. | 医药学其科学性和艺术性兼半 |
[22:57] | And yes, sometimes it can be difficult | 是的 有时候准确地 |
[22:59] | To pinpoint a precise cause of death. | 找到真正的死因有些难 |
[23:03] | But that doesn’t mean there’s any question about | 不论死因是否为自然死亡 |
[23:04] | Whether the cause was natural or not. | 都不代表有任何问题 |
[23:06] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Dubois, your point? | 很抱歉 迪布瓦夫人 你想说什么 |
[23:09] | My point is, after Dr. Statler came to work for you, | 我想说的是 史塔勒医生为贵院工作之后 |
[23:12] | The number of deaths you had attributed to | 贵院归因于突然窒息的死亡数量 |
[23:14] | Sudden respiratory failure went from nine a year to 20. | 从一年九人上升至20人 |
[23:17] | That’s just in his first year. | 那仅仅是他来的第一年 |
[23:19] | Twenty– 20 deaths. | 二十 20例死亡 |
[23:21] | And almost all of them in the oncology ward. | 他们其中大多是肿瘤监护区的 |
[23:23] | And the year after that, there were 25. | 之后几年 又增至25例 |
[23:25] | That’s almost three times the national average. | 那差不多是国家平均死亡数的三倍 |
[23:28] | And-and after that… | 还 还有之后… |
[23:30] | What are we doing here? | 我们在这里干什么 |
[23:32] | Who am I talking to? | 我在跟谁谈话 |
[23:33] | Am I talking to someone from the district attorney’s office | 我在和地方检查官办公室的人谈 |
[23:36] | Or a grieving friend? | 还是一个悲伤的朋友 |
[23:37] | What does it matter? | 有什么关系吗 |
[23:38] | I’m asking if you are here | 我想问你来这儿 |
[23:40] | In an official capacity or a personal one. | 是以官方的身份还是个人的名义 |
[23:42] | Does the district attorney even know you’re here? | 地方检查官知道你在这儿吗 |
[23:44] | What difference does it make?! | 这有什么不同吗 |
[23:45] | Something is wrong! | 这事儿有问题 |
[23:47] | You need to begin an internal investigation. | 你需要做内部调查 |
[23:49] | Statler needs to know | 史塔勒应该知道 |
[23:50] | That he’s being watched. | 他是有人监督的 |
[23:51] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[23:53] | Based on a morning of looking at newspaper clippings | 基于早上看的剪报 |
[23:55] | And combing through internet gossip, | 互联网查的小道消息 |
[23:57] | You’ve decided to come over here | 你决定来这儿 |
[23:58] | And tell me how to run my hospital. | 告诉我怎么经营医院 |
[24:00] | Mr. Carlisle… | 卡莱尔先生 |
[24:00] | Mrs. Dubois, I am certain | 迪布瓦夫人 我肯定 |
[24:02] | That in all that research you did, | 你做的所有调查 |
[24:04] | You must have ascertained that Thomas Statler– | 已经查明就是托马斯·史塔勒 |
[24:06] | The man who saved your life– | 那个救过你命的人 |
[24:08] | Is one of the most respected oncologists in this country. | 同时也是这个国家备受尊敬的肿瘤学家 |
[24:11] | This is a man who has dedicated himself | 这个人献身事业 |
[24:13] | To treating people others have deemed untreatable. | 去医治别人认为无法治疗的人 |
[24:16] | Patients of means, people who could afford to go anywhere, | 有经济能力的病人能去任何医院 |
[24:20] | Come to this hospital because he’s here. | 到这家医院来的患者就是冲着 |
[24:23] | Because of his reputation, because of his expertise. | 他的声誉和他的专业技术而来 |
[24:26] | He killed my friend. | 他杀死了我的朋友 |
[24:27] | I won’t listen to this. | 我不相信这个 |
[24:28] | He killed a lot of other people. | 他还杀死了很多人 |
[24:30] | I will thank you to leave my office. | 我要谢谢你离开我的办公室 |
[24:32] | I think you’d feel differently | 如果你爱的人由他护理 |
[24:34] | If somebody you loved was in his care. | 你的感受会大不相同 |
[24:38] | It might interest you to know | 也许你该知道 有趣的是 |
[24:40] | That when my wife’s diagnose | 两年前我妻子被诊断出 |
[24:41] | With Hodgkin’s two years ago, the only person | 患上霍奇森病时 我唯一信任的 |
[24:43] | I would allow to treat her was Dr. Thomas Statler. | 能治疗她的就是托马斯·史塔勒医生 |
[24:46] | He kept her alive and comfortable for months, | 他让她好好的活了几个月 |
[24:49] | Longer than other doctors even suggested she’d survive. | 比其他医生说的时间都长 |
[24:54] | So I hope you believe me when I tell you | 我希望你相信我说的 |
[24:56] | That if you do not cease and desist with this slandering | 如果你不中断且停止 |
[24:59] | Of his good name and the good name of this hospital, | 中伤他和医院的好名声 |
[25:01] | I will marshal all the resources of this institution | 我会整理所有的机构材料 |
[25:03] | And take you to court. | 送你上法庭 |
[25:05] | And make sure that you and your dreams… | 保证让你和你做的梦 |
[25:08] | Never defame anyone again. | 不会再中伤任何人 |
[25:15] | Hello. | 你好 |
[25:16] | Oh, hey, Drew. | 嗨 德鲁 |
[25:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:22] | What do you mean they went another way? | 你说他们用另一种途径什么意思 |
[25:24] | Your e-mail said that they loved me. | 你的邮件里说他们中意我 |
[25:27] | Your e-mail said they were, they were gonna make an offer. | 你的邮件说 他们会给我工作 |
[25:30] | Hey, dad. | 爸爸 |
[25:31] | Hi, dad. | 爸爸 |
[25:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:33] | Hi, dad. hi, dad. | 爸爸 爸爸 |
[25:34] | All right, okay. no, no, no, I’m not… | 好 没问题 不 不 不 我不是 |
[25:36] | – Hi, dad. – Hi, hi, hi, hi, sweetie. | -爸爸 -你们好 亲爱的 |
[25:37] | Come on. | 快点 |
[25:38] | Sorry, my kids. Yeah. | 抱歉 我的孩子 是的 |
[25:39] | No, I’m not thrown. | 不是 我没生气 |
[25:41] | I know it’s-it’s just a numbers game. | 我知道这不过是博彩 |
[25:43] | Yeah, the trick is to get on out there. | 是啊 像一出恶作剧 |
[25:47] | Is everything okay? | 一切还好吧 |
[25:49] | Yeah, everything’s fine. | 是的 一切都好 |
[25:50] | I just didn’t get that, uh, job that I was after. | 我只是没得到那份工作 |
[25:53] | That’s so weird. | 那太怪了 |
[25:54] | Willem got his. | 威琏找到工作了 |
[25:56] | What do you mean “Willem got his”? | “威琏找到工作了”是什么意思 |
[25:58] | Well, I had a dream last night. | 我昨晚做了个梦 |
[26:00] | Willem was getting really close to | 威琏在国家航空总署那里 |
[26:01] | This big job at NASA, but he was up against | 快得到这个工作了 但是 |
[26:05] | this other astronaut, this guy Joey. | 还有个叫乔伊的宇航员跟他争 |
[26:07] | And the other astronaut– | 那个宇航员 |
[26:08] | Joey? | 乔伊 |
[26:09] | Are you serious? | 你说真的 |
[26:10] | What? That’s his name. | 什么 那是他的名字 |
[26:12] | The other astronaut was supposed to get the job, | 那个宇航员应该得到这工作 |
[26:15] | But Willem knew that his wife Tess wasn’t gonna like that. | 但威琏知道他老婆泰丝会不高兴的 |
[26:18] | So he called his friend Carlo. | 所以他打电话给朋友卡洛 |
[26:20] | – Carlo’s… – Wait, stop. | – 卡洛是… –等等 停一下 |
[26:21] | I thought Carlo was the guy who was going over | 卡洛就是那个趁威琏不在家 |
[26:24] | To see Tess when Willem wasn’t home. | 和泰丝约会的那个吗 |
[26:26] | He is, but Willem doesn’t know that. | 就是他 但威琏不知道 |
[26:29] | He and Carlo have been friends forever. | 卡洛和他一直是朋友 |
[26:31] | So, Carlo’s an astronaut, too. | 卡洛也是个宇航员 |
[26:33] | And Willem asked Carlo to call NASA | 威琏让卡洛打电话告诉国家航空总署 |
[26:35] | And tell the people there | 还告诉那儿的所有人 |
[26:38] | That Joey is a really bad astronaut. | 乔伊是个非常差劲的宇航员 |
[26:43] | Son of a… | 真他妈… |
[26:51] | What in god’s name gives you the right to judge me? | 你有什么权力以上帝之名审判我 |
[26:53] | – Dr. Statler. – How dare you suggest | -史塔勒医生 -你怎么敢建议 |
[26:55] | To the man who runs my hospital | 我医院的管理人 |
[26:57] | That I would do anything but deliver the finest, | 我会做的只是提供最好的 |
[26:59] | Most humane care to my patients. | 最仁慈的方式来治疗病人 |
[27:01] | Dr. Statler, can we talk about this in private? | 史塔勒医生 我们能私下谈吗 |
[27:05] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[27:07] | I’m still talking to you! | 我还在跟你说话 |
[27:12] | Don’t you dare walk away from me | 我跟你说话呢 你怎么 |
[27:13] | While I’m speaking to you or I… | 敢走开不理我 我会… |
[27:15] | Or you’ll what? | 你会干什么 |
[27:16] | You’ll decide to put me down? | 你决定把我放倒 |
[27:18] | That’s what you do, isn’t it? | 那就是你干的 不是吗 |
[27:19] | You decide who gets to live or die, | 你决定谁是生是死 |
[27:21] | You decide who gets care and who doesn’t. | 你决定谁被治疗与否 |
[27:24] | You know, there’s another word for that. | 还有另一个词形容你的行为 |
[27:27] | It’s “murder.” | “杀人犯” |
[27:28] | I think you murdered my friend. | 我认为你杀了我朋友 |
[27:30] | I think you murdered a lot of other people. | 还杀了很多其他人 |
[27:33] | Really? | 是吗 |
[27:34] | Is that how you call it? | 这就是你的叫法 |
[27:35] | Is that what you think of it? | 你的想法吗 |
[27:37] | Well, then, you’ve never been sick. | 好吧 你就从来没病过吗 |
[27:40] | Not really sick. | 那种重病 |
[27:42] | Lying in bed watching while your fortune disappears | 躺在床上眼睁睁看着自己生命消逝 |
[27:44] | And your family withers | 看着亲人日渐消瘦 |
[27:45] | Because there’s no one there with the intelligence or the courage | 因为没有人有那种天赋和胆识 |
[27:47] | To make the difficult decisions that need to be made in such a circumstance; | 在这种情况下去做最艰难的决定 |
[27:52] | Decisions that we’ve consigned to | 这时候我们会把决定权交给 |
[27:54] | Insurance companies and hospital boards and other anonymous groups who | 保险公司 医疗机构和各种组织 |
[27:57] | Never need to lones in the eye or their loved ones in the eye | 他们甚至看都没看着病人和家属的眼睛 |
[28:00] | And explain why they would prolong suffering | 就可以解释为什么在没有希望的情况下 |
[28:02] | When there’s no hope of recovery. | 还要延长他们的痛苦 |
[28:04] | You judge me because I’m willing to do things that others won’t. | 你指责我就因为我帮他们承担了责任 |
[28:07] | Because I’m willing to entertain mercy. | 我同情他们 |
[28:10] | Not murder. | 不是谋杀 |
[28:12] | Mercy. | 是同情 |
[28:12] | There was nothing merciful about what you did to my friend. | 你杀了我朋友 这不是同情的问题 |
[28:16] | Your friend was already dead. | 你的朋友早该死了 |
[28:18] | All that was left for her is to sit | 她能做的唯一一件事就是 |
[28:20] | And watch her body decay while her brain atrophied. | 看着她的身体腐烂 大脑萎缩 |
[28:22] | She wasn’t ready to die. | 她还没有准备好面临死亡呢 |
[28:24] | That was her decision to make, not yours. | 决定权是她的不是你的 |
[28:26] | Sorry. I beg to differ. | 抱歉 恕我不能苟同 |
[28:28] | She wasn’t qualified to make that decision. | 她不够格去做决定 |
[28:30] | She lacked the intelligence and the experience. | 她没有天赋没有经验 |
[28:32] | – Unlike you. – Unlike me. | -不像你 -不像我 |
[28:35] | The fact that you get sick does not mean | 虽然你生过病 |
[28:37] | You have a full understanding of what sickness really is. | 但那并不代表你真的理解什么是疾病 |
[28:42] | The sad truth of it is, | 残酷的现实是 |
[28:43] | Is that nowadays, if you have enough money, | 现在只要你有钱 |
[28:45] | You can keep almost anyone alive. | 你就可以让任何人活着 |
[28:48] | But the question is, can they live? | 但问题是 他们是真的在活着吗 |
[28:55] | I asked myself that question | 在我走进你病房的那天晚上 |
[28:57] | That night I walked into your room. | 我问过自己一个问题 |
[29:00] | I considered your age | 我看了你的病历 |
[29:02] | Your health up until that point, | 考虑到你的年龄和健康状况 |
[29:04] | The amount of time you’d been flatlining, | 还有你昏迷的时间 |
[29:05] | And I saved your life. | 我救活了你 |
[29:09] | Hope you’re not going to make me regret that decision. | 希望你别让我后悔做这个决定 |
[29:18] | You know, I don’t begrudge you your outrage, | 我不是不理解你的愤怒 |
[29:20] | But… | 但是… |
[29:22] | Just to keep things in perspective, | 坦白的说 |
[29:23] | It’s not like he’s killing anybody who isn’t already at death’s door. | 他没杀那些不会死的人 |
[29:27] | Are you actually defending him? | 你在帮他做辩护吗 |
[29:28] | No, no, no, absolutely not. | 不 不 不 当然不是 |
[29:31] | This guy– he’s clearly a sociopath. | 很明显他是个反社会的人 |
[29:33] | I’m just trying to help you accept the fact | 我只是想让你接受事实 |
[29:34] | That maybe there’s nothing else that you can do. | 或许你也拿他没办法 |
[29:37] | I mean, you told me | 我是说 你和我说过 |
[29:39] | That this guy somehow manages to do | 他做这些事都 |
[29:41] | What he does without leaving any evidence. | 做得毫无破绽 |
[29:44] | And the hospital clearly isn’t interested in, | 而且显然医院也 |
[29:46] | You know, looking any harder into this. | 不太想深入调查这件事 |
[29:47] | I mean, Statler– | 我是说 史塔勒 |
[29:48] | He treated the…the chief administrator’s wife, right? | 他救了医院负责人的妻子 对吧 |
[29:54] | So I’m supposed to do nothing? | 这么说 我什么都做不了了吗 |
[29:56] | No, I’m not saying that. | 不 我没那么说 |
[29:57] | I’m saying you’ve already done it. | 我是说你已经尽力了 |
[29:58] | You know? Maybe you gave him a good scare today. | 你知道吗 你今天已经给了他一个下马威 |
[30:01] | Maybe that’ll make him think twice | 他下次在”同情人”之前 |
[30:02] | Before he’s tempted to, you know, be merciful again. | 会好好考虑后果的 |
[30:06] | I don’t know. He didn’t look scared to me. | 我不知道 但是他根本不怕我 |
[30:08] | I don’t think he’s the kind of guy | 我觉得他不是那种 |
[30:10] | Who has scared on his menu. | 知道害怕的人 |
[30:11] | President George W. Bush | 乔治·W·布什总统 |
[30:13] | Is set to give his State of the union address this evening | 今晚将发表国情咨文演说 |
[30:16] | With insiders speculating that he’ll announce an increase | 据内部人士透露他将于今晚宣布 |
[30:19] | In troop levels in Afghanistan. | 对阿富汗增兵 |
[30:21] | This on the heels of several I.E.D. roadside bombs… | 这是继多起路边爆炸之后… |
[30:24] | You wanted to see me, Jerry? | 你找我吗 杰瑞 |
[30:26] | Yeah. | 对 |
[30:28] | Come on in. Close the door, please. | 进来说吧 把门关上 |
[30:34] | Jeanette Gratz over in ICU | 重症监护室的珍妮特·格雷兹 |
[30:36] | Sent me an e-mail today. | 今天给我发了封邮件 |
[30:38] | It was about you. | 是关于你的 |
[30:40] | It seems that some of her nurses noticed | 好像说她手下的护士 |
[30:42] | An unusually high number of patients | 发现死于突发性呼吸衰竭的病人 |
[30:43] | Succumbing to sudden respiratory failure. | 数目异常增多 |
[30:46] | Your patients, or patients you had access to. | 你的病人 或者是那些你接近过的病人 |
[30:51] | What, you’re waiting for me | 那么 你在等我 |
[30:53] | To dignify this malicious gossip with a response? | 澄清这些谣言吗 |
[30:56] | I’m not waiting for anything. | 我没要你澄清 |
[30:58] | I’m obligated, legally, to investigate any complaint | 我有责任 依法地查清楚我们这里 |
[31:02] | That calls into question the death of anyone under our care. | 任何质疑死亡原因的投诉 |
[31:05] | Part of that obligation… | 我的责任就是 |
[31:08] | Is to suspend your privileges | 在查清真相之前 |
[31:10] | While we get to the bottom of this. | 取消你的一切特权 |
[31:11] | You’re suspending me? | 你要停我职吗 |
[31:12] | I’m the head of oncology. | 我是肿瘤科的主治医师 |
[31:14] | How can you suspend me? | 你怎么停我的职 |
[31:15] | It’s already done. | 已经安排好了 |
[31:17] | As of tomorrow morning, your surgeries are cancelled, | 你明天上午的手术已经取消了 |
[31:20] | Your recuperating patients have been assigned | 你的临床患者 |
[31:21] | To other doctors in the unit. | 在这段期间已经转给其他医生了 |
[31:24] | If the investigation turns up nothing, | 如果事实证明你是清白的 |
[31:25] | You’ll be immediately reinstated… | 你就可以立刻复职 |
[31:27] | If you choose to stay. | 如果你还愿意留下来的话 |
[31:46] | How much debt are you in, Jerry? | 你欠了多少债 杰瑞 |
[31:51] | Don’t make a bad situation worse, Tom. | 不要把事情搞的更糟 汤姆 |
[31:53] | How much does a man in your position make? | 你这个职位能赚多少钱 |
[31:56] | Do you pull down a tenth of what I do? | 我工资的十分之一吗 |
[31:58] | A twentieth? | 二十分之一 |
[31:59] | I heard you asked Micah Reese | 我听说你向儿科的弥迦·里斯 |
[32:01] | Over at pediatrics for a loan– $50,000. | 借了5万块 |
[32:03] | You might want to take note of where your feet are, Dr. Statler. | 你应该留意你的处境 史塔勒医生 |
[32:05] | The ice is getting awfully thin. | 别试探我的底线 |
[32:07] | I was just thinking what a shame it was | 我只是在想 多可惜啊 |
[32:09] | That, uh, my privileges are null and void | 在你和你妻子需要我的时候 |
[32:12] | When you and your wife need me more than ever. | 我的特权却没有了 |
[32:16] | My wife? | 我妻子 |
[32:17] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么啊 |
[32:18] | Well, I seem to remember that Deborah came in | 好吧 我记得黛博拉去年来医院 |
[32:20] | For treatment last year. | 治疗的时候 |
[32:22] | A slight melanoma. | 良性黑素瘤 |
[32:25] | I know this is a personal question, but I’m curious | 我知道这是私人问题 但是我很好奇 |
[32:29] | How much life insurance do you have on her? | 你帮她买了多少钱的人寿保险 |
[32:31] | What are you…? | 你怎么… |
[32:32] | We all go to the christmas parties, Jerry. | 我们都去圣诞派对 杰瑞 |
[32:34] | We all know what happens | 我们都知道 |
[32:35] | When Deborah has one cocktail too many, | 黛博拉喝了一杯 三杯 |
[32:37] | Three cocktails too many, five cocktails too many. | 五杯鸡尾酒后 喝多了会发生什么 |
[32:41] | We all know that over the years, she’s distinguished herself | 我们都知道 这些年来 她都与众不同 |
[32:44] | With her, uh, willingness to sleep with any physician | 她愿意跟任何一个医师上床 |
[32:47] | Who would pay for a hotel room. | 只要他们能付房费 |
[32:48] | How dare you. | 你好大的胆子 |
[32:49] | Now, the thing about life insurance is… | 其实 人寿保险就是… |
[32:51] | You have to buy it before | 在发现有生命危险之前 |
[32:53] | A life-threatening condition is discovered. | 你必须先买下它 |
[32:55] | Let’s say, if you went out and bought a rather large policy | 比方说 如果你现在去帮你老婆 |
[32:59] | On your wife today, | 买个大额的人寿保险 |
[33:01] | If I were to bring her back in for further tests, | 如果我把她叫回来做进一步检查 |
[33:03] | If I were to find that the melanoma hadn’t recurred, | 然后我发现她的黑素瘤没有复发 |
[33:06] | But that it developed into something more serious… | 但是演变成了更严重的疾病 |
[33:08] | Lymphoma, perhaps… | 或许是淋巴瘤 |
[33:10] | Well, then I’d have to recommend | 那么我就会建议她 |
[33:12] | That she be admitted to the hospital. | 住院治疗 |
[33:13] | And I know that is a very scary thought. | 我知道这个想法很恐怖 |
[33:16] | Especially given the unusually high rate of mortality | 特别是要把这种不寻常的高死亡率 |
[33:20] | Among my patients. | 强加在我病人身上 |
[33:23] | Of course, that’s all moot since | 当然 这当然不可能 |
[33:26] | I don’t have any privileges. | 因为我没这个特权 |
[33:36] | The facts are not in dispute here. | 这个问题没什么争议 |
[33:38] | We have had numerous fatalities in the oncology ward. | 我们肿瘤病房是有很多死亡事故 |
[33:41] | But it is, after all, an oncology ward. | 但是肿瘤病房本来就是这样 |
[33:44] | These are some of the sickest patients | 这里都是整个医院里 |
[33:46] | In the entire hospital population. | 最虚弱的病人 |
[33:48] | The survivability rate is the lowest of any single ward In the hospital. | 在医院里 这里的存活率也最低 |
[33:51] | This is expected. | 这很容易推测 |
[33:54] | And while the number of deaths | 这些因呼吸衰竭死亡的人数 |
[33:55] | From respiratory failure are statistically improbable, | 只是数据上的统计错误 |
[33:57] | They’re certainly not impossible. | 这也不是不可能的 |
[33:59] | They’re certainly not unprecedented. | 也不是史无前例的 |
[34:02] | Mr. District Attorney, I promise you, | 检查官先生 我向你保证 |
[34:04] | I’ve been through all of this | 你的同事来找我之后 |
[34:05] | Since your colleague came to see me. | 我已经查过了所有的事情 |
[34:08] | And I am convinced what we’re looking at | 我确定我们现在看到的 |
[34:09] | Is a statistical anomaly. | 只是数字上的反常 |
[34:11] | Not the result of some sort of killing spree | 而不是由反社会的内科医生所主使的 |
[34:13] | By a sociopathic physician. | 谋杀事件 |
[34:16] | I’m sorry, there just isn’t any indication | 对不起 这里没有迹象显示 |
[34:18] | That Dr. Statler’s been indulging | 史塔勒医生牵涉到 |
[34:19] | In the kind of behavior Mrs. Dubois keeps accusing him of. | 迪布瓦女士所指控的行为 |
[34:22] | I appreciate your candor, Mr. Carlisle, | 我感谢你的坦诚相待 卡莱尔先生 |
[34:24] | But I didn’t ask you down here today | 但是我现在没问你 |
[34:26] | To discuss Dr. Statler’s involvement in this rash of deaths. | 史塔勒医生是否涉嫌到这起死亡事件 |
[34:30] | You didn’t? | 你没问吗 |
[34:32] | Then what am I doing here? | 那我在这做什么 |
[34:34] | To discuss your involvement. | 谈谈你的嫌疑 |
[34:35] | My involvement? | 我的嫌疑 |
[34:37] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[34:38] | Before her death, your wife Deborah… | 你老婆黛博拉死前… |
[34:43] | Was being treated by Dr. Statler, wasn’t she? | 接受过史塔勒医生的治疗 是吗 |
[34:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:48] | Where are we going with this? | 跟这个有关吗 |
[34:50] | Well, I’d just like to know why | 我只想知道为什么 |
[34:52] | You referred her to Dr. Statler? | 你会把她推荐给史塔勒医生 |
[34:54] | Even though a source tells me | 我从很多渠道了解到 |
[34:54] | That you received a number | 你收到了很多医院同事的邮件 |
[34:56] | Of e-mails from hospital staff laying out their suspicions | 他们都很质疑史塔勒的手术工作 |
[34:59] | About his practices, in great detail. | 而且说得非常详细 |
[35:01] | You’re talking about hospital gossip. | 你说的是医院内的八卦 |
[35:03] | Dr. Statler’s the best oncologist in this state. | 史塔勒医生是国内最好的肿瘤科医师 |
[35:06] | Even though you were very busy transferring everyone | 你一边忙着把对这位好医生有意见的病人 |
[35:08] | Who complained about the good doctor to other hospitals, | 转到其他的医院去 |
[35:11] | You still found time to purchase a few life …On your wife. | 一边还在你老婆去史塔勒医生那里之前 |
[35:15] | Before she went to go see Statler. | 帮她买了人寿保险 |
[35:18] | It’s almost as if you knew that he was going to tell her | 好像你知道史塔勒会跟她 |
[35:20] | That the melanoma was back. | 说她的毒素瘤又复发了 |
[35:22] | That she’d require surgery. | 她需要做手术 |
[35:25] | And that she wouldn’t be coming home. | 而且再也回不了家了 |
[35:26] | Do you think I murdered my wife? | 你觉得我谋杀了我的妻子吗 |
[35:29] | I hope you’ve got more than nurses’ chatter to back that up. | 我希望你拿出真凭实据 别听护士们瞎说 |
[35:36] | That’s a warrant | 这是搜查令 |
[35:37] | Allowing us to seize your computer. | 我们可以检查你的电脑 |
[35:38] | My people are quite good | 我的同事非常擅长 |
[35:40] | At finding deleted files and e-mails. | 找出删除的文件和电子邮件 |
[35:43] | Once we’re able to prove that you were aware | 我们一旦能证实你知道 |
[35:45] | Of the hospital staff’s suspicions of his practices, | 医院员工对他的技术有质疑 |
[35:48] | And that you still put your wife into his care, | 还坚持让你老婆去他那里治疗的话 |
[35:51] | Well, at that point, I’ll be ready to take my chances in court. | 那么 我会在法庭上好好应用证据的 |
[35:54] | Or perhaps you would like to take care of this today. | 或许你现在能考虑下 |
[35:58] | Agree to testify against Statler. | 同意指控史塔勒 |
[36:00] | If you’re willing to tell us everything | 如果你愿意告诉我们 |
[36:02] | About the deal the two of you struck, | 你们两个之间的所有交易 |
[36:03] | Then I’m willing to make a deal with you. | 我就能跟你做笔交易 |
[36:06] | But you should know, this is a limited-time offer. | 但你必须清楚 这个交易是有时限的 |
[36:08] | Once we find what I think we’re going to find that computer. | 如果我们在电脑上找到了我们想要的东西 |
[36:11] | Then my willingness to bargain goes away. | 那我就没兴趣跟你讨价还价了 |
[36:15] | Should take us about a day | 找那些文件 |
[36:16] | To get through those files, Mr. Carlisle. | 要花一天的时间 卡莱尔先生 |
[36:18] | So, please… give it some thought. | 所以 请你好好想想吧 |
[36:28] | Nice window. | 风景真不错 |
[36:30] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:31] | Uh, sorry for beating you out for the job. | 很抱歉抢了你的工作 |
[36:34] | So, uh, wh-wh-what are you doing down here? | 你在这干什么 |
[36:36] | Well, I was just running some errands | 我正好在附近 |
[36:38] | In the neighborhood. | 有点事情要办 |
[36:39] | I thought I’d say congratulations. | 我想我该来恭喜下你 |
[36:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:44] | Just one quick question before I go. | 走之前我还有个问题 |
[36:46] | Um, do you know a guy named Carlo Carcetti? | 你认识个叫卡洛·卡歇提的人吗 |
[36:50] | He works for my old firm, aerodytech. | 他在我的老东家搞动力技术 |
[36:52] | Yeah, sure. | 是啊 认识 |
[36:53] | Carlo and I went to graduate school together. Why? | 卡洛和我一起毕业的 怎么了 |
[36:57] | Well, you know, it’s weird. | 我有点奇怪 |
[36:59] | I never met the guy. | 我没见过这人 |
[37:01] | He started at aerodytech a couple weeks before I left, | 在我走之前几个星期他开始在那搞动力技术 |
[37:05] | But I hear that he called this place and told them | 但是我听说他打电话去公司 跟他们讲 |
[37:07] | That I botched a big project. | 说我搞砸了一个大工程 |
[37:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[37:12] | That’s what I hear. | 我是这样听说的 |
[37:18] | That-that would be a really low thing for someone to do. | 这可真是个卑劣的事情 |
[37:22] | You’d have to be willing to give up | 你在这种绝望的环境下 |
[37:23] | Every principe to be desperat | 你必须放弃所有的准则 |
[37:27] | I mean, you’d have to be desperate. | 我的意思是 你会感到绝望 |
[37:30] | Out of work for so long, you almost can’t remember | 离开工作岗位这么久 你都快记不得 |
[37:31] | What it’s like to have a job. | 有一份工作是什么感觉了 |
[37:34] | So broke your, uh, marriage is falling apart. | 所以才破坏你的 否则我的婚姻也会玩完的 |
[37:38] | Right. | 是哦 |
[37:42] | Uh, look, are you going to make a thing out of this? | 你还是别关注这个位置了吧 |
[37:45] | Cause I’m not going to just quit. | 因为我是不会放弃的 |
[37:48] | I really need this. | 我真的很需要它 |
[37:51] | Frankly, I need this more than I need to be able | 坦白说 我需要它超过每天 |
[37:53] | To look at myself in the mirror. | 在镜子前打量自己 |
[37:55] | Hey, hey. Relax. | 放松点 |
[37:57] | I hear they’re paying you squat. | 我听说他们给你的是空头支票 |
[38:00] | And I hear that this place is going to go out of business | 他们若拿不到桥梁建设资金 |
[38:02] | In a year, if they don’t get bridge funding. | 一年后这地方就得倒闭 |
[38:04] | So…it’s okay. Job’s yours. | 所以没关系 这工作归你了 |
[38:08] | So, what do you want? | 那你想要什么 |
[38:09] | Why did you come down here? | 你来这干什么 |
[38:11] | Believe it or not, I came here to give you a heads up. | 不管你信不信 我是来提醒你 |
[38:14] | You might want to have a conversation with Carlo | 你也许该跟卡洛谈一谈 |
[38:18] | About his, uh, friendship with your wife. | 聊聊他跟你妻子的友谊 |
[38:23] | I think that Carlo might have his own reasons | 或许卡洛有他自己的理由 |
[38:25] | For wanting you out of the house five days a week. | 希望你一个星期有五天不在家 |
[38:30] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[38:32] | Well, you’re going to have to figure that out by yourself, | 这你就要自己去搞清楚了 |
[38:35] | Cause I got to go look for a job. | 我还得去找工作呢 |
[38:44] | Whatcha doin’? | 在干啥嘞 |
[38:46] | Cleaning out the garage. | 清理车库 |
[38:47] | I’m still officially looking for work, | 正式的说我依然在找工作 |
[38:49] | Officially unemployed, | 正式的说我还处于无业状态 |
[38:50] | And cleaning out the garage is | 清理车库就是 |
[38:52] | What the officially unemployed do. | 正式的无业人员该做的事 |
[38:53] | So, I’m doing it. | 所以 我正在清理中 |
[38:54] | Oh, you’re going to get another interview. | 你还会有机会的 |
[38:56] | You’ll get a job. | 你会有工作的 |
[38:57] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:58] | You know that from Bridgette? | 你从布里奇特那里知道的 |
[39:00] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[39:02] | My headhunter called. | 我的伯乐打过电话 |
[39:03] | He, uh, just wanted to reassure me | 他要我放心 |
[39:06] | That he’s out hunting heads. | 他已经在为我奔走了 |
[39:09] | Well, it may be the light in here, | 是光线的原因吗 |
[39:11] | But you actually look kinda happy. | 你看起来很高兴 |
[39:12] | I am. I am happy, Joe. | 是啊 我是很高兴 乔 |
[39:15] | The guy who runs the hospital is | 那间医院的负责人明天 |
[39:16] | Going to come in tomorrow to give a statement. | 会来录一份口供 |
[39:18] | He’s going to bring his lawyer in. | 他的律师也会来 |
[39:19] | So, Devalos thinks that means | 德弗洛斯认为那意味着 |
[39:21] | That he’s ready to cut a deal. | 他做好了达成协议准备 |
[39:27] | I hear the police came by today. | 我听说警察今天来过了 |
[39:28] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[39:30] | I didn’t know | 我怎么不知道 |
[39:31] | You were covering the night shift tonight. | 你今晚值夜班 |
[39:32] | I switched with Pinero. | 我跟皮尼罗换班了 |
[39:35] | So, it’s true. | 那是真的吗 |
[39:38] | They confiscated your computer. | 他们查收了你的计算机 |
[39:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:40] | They were asking all kinds of questions. | 他们问了各种问题 |
[39:42] | They’ve got nothing, though. | 但没什么收获 |
[39:44] | Just a bunch of theories. | 就是一堆大道理 |
[39:45] | Of course they’ve got nothing. | 他们当然没收获 |
[39:46] | There’s no evidence of any crime. | 因为他们没证据 |
[39:49] | Frankly, the only thing that can compromise me…is you. | 老实说 唯一会出卖我的人 就是你 |
[39:54] | Relax. | 放松点 |
[39:55] | I didn’t tell them anything. | 我什么也没告诉他们 |
[39:56] | Not in my best interests, either. | 这也不符合我的利益 |
[40:00] | You know how I do it, Jerry? | 你知道我是怎么做的吗 杰瑞 |
[40:02] | How I make it seem like it’s god’s work | 我是怎么让病人的去世看起来像 |
[40:04] | When one of my patients passes on? | 上帝的杰作的吗 |
[40:07] | Potassium. | 是钾 |
[40:09] | Simple as that. Potassium. | 很简单 钾 |
[40:12] | Now, potassium levels are almost always elevated | 人死后体内钾的含量 |
[40:14] | After death, anyway. | 就会升高 |
[40:15] | And if you get the dosage right, | 如果你注射的剂量合适的话 |
[40:17] | No one will suspect foul play. | 没有人看得出来 |
[40:19] | They’ll just assume it’s some sort of… | 他们只会认为那是因为 |
[40:21] | Sudden respiratory failure. | 突发性呼吸衰竭 |
[40:25] | But in your case, I think they’ll go for heart attack. | 但如果是你的话 我想他们会归咎于心脏病 |
[40:27] | See, it presents itself differently | 看到没 当你食入而非注射的时候 |
[40:29] | When ingested instead of injected. | 结果是不一样的 |
[40:31] | Sometimes there’s vomiting. | 有时候还伴随呕吐 |
[40:33] | Sometimes chest pains. | 或者胸口痛 |
[40:47] | Those are probably the first palpitations. | 这可能是初期心悸 |
[40:50] | They’re painful, but they won’t last very long. | 很痛 但持续时间不会很长 |
[41:20] | Time of death. | 死亡时间 |
[41:22] | 4:14. | 四点十四分 |
[41:38] | Mrs. Dubois. What are you doing here? | 迪布瓦女士 你在这干什么 |
[41:40] | I know what you did to that man. | 我知道你对他做了什么 |
[41:42] | Oh, maybe you do. | 也许你知道 |
[41:43] | Maybe you don’t. | 也许你不知道 |
[41:44] | Doesn’t matter. | 不过没关系 |
[41:45] | You can’t prove anything | 你什么也证明不了 |
[41:46] | All those things that you said | 你说的那些 |
[41:48] | About mercy, and principles– | 慈悲和原则 |
[41:50] | It’s all a bunch of garbage. | 都是废话 |
[41:51] | It’s all a bunch of crap. | 都是胡扯 |
[41:53] | You’re exactly what I said you were. | 你就是我说的那样 |
[41:55] | You’re a murderer. | 你是个杀人犯 |
[41:56] | Don’t confuse the means with the end. | 不要把手段和结果搞混了 |
[41:59] | Jerry Carlisle threatened my career. | 杰瑞·卡莱尔威胁到了我的事业 |
[42:01] | I had to make a judgment call. | 我必须得做个决断 |
[42:04] | The life and career of a dedicated doctor | 一个有奉献精神的医生的人生和事业 |
[42:07] | Is worth more than the life and career of cuckold bureaucracy. | 比一个戴绿帽官僚的人生和事业更有价值 |
[42:10] | Now, I’m fully aware of how arrogant that sounds. | 现在我完全意识到这听起来多么自大 |
[42:15] | Doesn’t make it any less true. | 但这是实话 |
[42:17] | You don’t actually think I’m going to allow you | 你不会以为我会纵容你 |
[42:19] | To continue killing people, do you? | 继续杀人吧 |
[42:21] | I am going to find a way to prove what you’re doing. | 我会找到证据的 |
[42:25] | I’m sure you’ll try. | 我肯定你会这样做的 |
[42:26] | But, uh, if you want to keep an eye on me, | 但你要是想监视我 |
[42:28] | You’re going have to move to Georgia. | 你就得搬到佐治亚了 |
[42:31] | See, there’s a hospital in Atlanta | 亚特兰大有家医院 |
[42:33] | That’s been trying to steal me for years. | 已经想挖我好几年了 |
[42:36] | I finally accepted their latest offer this afternoon. | 今天下午我终于接受了他们的邀请 |
[42:39] | I don’t know, it just feels like it’s time to move on. | 我不知道 好像到了该往前走的时候了 |
[42:42] | Don’t you think? | 你不这样认为吗 |
[42:48] | You know, that night we first crossed paths– | 我们第一次遇到的那天晚上 |
[42:51] | That night I treated you– | 我为你治疗的那天晚上 |
[42:54] | I had no idea what a unique talent I was preserving. | 我也不知道我挽救了一个独特的天才 |
[42:59] | In spite of everything that’s happened, | 尽管发生了很多事 |
[43:01] | I’m glad I saved your life, Mrs. Dubois. | 我还是很高兴救了你一命 迪布瓦女士 |