时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | My god, John. | 天哪 约翰 |
[00:08] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[00:24] | I just talked to your doctors. | 我刚和医生谈过 |
[00:26] | You’re dying. | 你寿命不长了 |
[00:29] | I want you to admit what you did, John. | 约翰 我要你承认做的那些事 |
[00:32] | I want you to admit what you are. | 我要你承认你是谁 |
[00:44] | Shauna Gage. | 肖娜·盖吉 |
[00:46] | Kristen Hartley. | 克里斯滕·哈特利 |
[00:48] | Francine Bickford. | 弗朗辛·比克福德 |
[00:50] | Ann Marie Mays. | 还有玛丽·梅斯 |
[00:57] | I want you to say that you did it, John. | 约翰 我要你说是你做的 |
[00:59] | I want you to say it to me. | 我要你告诉我 |
[01:02] | I’m the only one who still cares about what you did. | 我是唯一一个仍关心你做过什么事的人 |
[01:05] | The police they stopped investigating these murders years ago. | 警方多年前就停止调查这些谋杀案了 |
[01:09] | Look at you, John. | 看看你 约翰 |
[01:11] | They can’t put you in prison now. | 现在他们不能把你关进去 |
[01:13] | You beat us all. | 你斗过了所有的人 |
[01:15] | You got away with it. | 你得以逃脱了 |
[01:18] | Don’t you want to take the credit for that? | 你不想因此得到美名吗 |
[01:23] | Cigarette | 烟 |
[02:00] | Now… Tell me. | 现在 告诉我 |
[02:04] | You did it, didn’t you? | 你做了那些事 是不是 |
[02:19] | No. | 没有 |
[02:26] | You’re lying. | 你撒谎 |
[02:28] | Wake up. | 醒醒 |
[02:30] | Come on, wake up and admit you did it! | 醒过来认罪 |
[02:32] | Admit it was you, you bastard! | 承认是你 混蛋 |
[02:35] | Admit it was you! | 承认是你 |
[02:36] | Admit it was you, you bastard! | 承认是你 混蛋 |
[02:38] | Admit it was you! Admit it! | 承认是你 承认 |
[02:41] | Admit it! Admit… | 承认 |
[03:31] | Star, pyramid, fish, arrow, hand. | 星 金字塔 鱼 箭头 手 |
[03:34] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[03:36] | How about… that? | 这样呢 |
[03:39] | Arrow, fish, hand, star, pyramid. | 箭头 鱼 手 星 金字塔 |
[03:42] | Excellent. | 很不错 |
[03:43] | I don’t understand. How is that rehab? | 我不能理解 这样做怎么能康复呢 |
[03:46] | I mean, anyone can read flash cards without words on ’em. | 谁都可以不看抽认卡上的字就能读出来 |
[03:49] | No, see, you’re wrong. | 你说错了 |
[03:51] | Okay, when people go through something like mom, | 当人们经历过像妈妈这些事情的时候 |
[03:52] | When they’re in a coma for a while, | 昏迷一段时间 |
[03:55] | Sometimes they mess up the way they see things. | 有时他们看见的东西会混乱 |
[03:57] | So it’s important for mom to do her drills, | 所以妈妈做这些训练很重要 |
[03:59] | So that we know that mom’s head is working right. | 这样我们才能知道妈妈的大脑运转正常 |
[04:01] | Actually, the official term for what your mom is doing | 事实上妈妈做的训练的官方名称 |
[04:04] | Is “cognitive therapy.” | 是”认知疗法” |
[04:06] | When she does it, which is not often enough. | 她做的还不够 |
[04:10] | I’m fine. My cognitive skills are excellent. | 我很好 我的认知能力没问题 |
[04:13] | When it comes to seeing stars, fish, and arrows, | 看见星 鱼 和箭头的时候 |
[04:15] | I’m at the top of my game. | 我的表现非常好 |
[04:16] | How about we let the folks at rehab decide that? | 康复中的人不能决定是否好了 |
[04:21] | – You look nice, daddy. – Thank you. | -老爸 你看起来很帅 -谢谢 |
[04:24] | Here’s hoping the good people at Burroughs-Strauss agree. | 希望宝来-斯特劳斯公司的好人们也这么觉得 |
[04:28] | Now, wait a second. | 等等 |
[04:29] | Didn’t you already dress up and go there? | 你已经穿戴好准备走了吗 |
[04:31] | Good memory. Excellent cognition, Bridge. | 很好的记忆力和认知力 布里奇 |
[04:34] | Yes, indeed– I had a good first meeting there, | 确实 我今早要有个面试 |
[04:37] | And today is the big day, | 今天是个大日子 |
[04:38] | Because today I meet the guy who runs the department, | 因为今天我要去见部门负责人 |
[04:40] | And if everything goes well with him and I impress him, | 如果一切顺利 我给他留下深刻印象的话 |
[04:44] | Well, then I may be done with dressing up | 这身打扮可能就奏效了 |
[04:47] | And interviewing for a while, maybe even forever. | 参加面试一会儿 也许就得一直穿着了 |
[04:50] | Hey, you know what. We got to get a move on. | 我们得走了 |
[04:52] | I got to be at therapy in 45 minutes. | 45分钟后要去治疗 |
[04:54] | Mommy, did you sign my thing? | 妈妈 你给我签字了吗 |
[04:57] | Oh, right, the permission slip for that field trip next week. | 对哦 下周野营的通知单回执 |
[05:02] | I just have to remember where I put it. | 我得想想我放在哪里了 |
[05:05] | You can’t remember where you put that thing? | 你不记得你把那东西放哪儿了吗 |
[05:09] | Hey, you know what, I’m gonna make my own permission slip. | 我打算做张自制的回执 |
[05:12] | I’m gonna make a note for your teacher, | 我给你的老师写张字条 |
[05:15] | And if she has any problems, she can call me, okay? | 如果她有疑问 就让她给我打电话 好吗 |
[05:18] | Okay, mommy. | 好的 妈咪 |
[05:21] | Dollar sign, triangle, hammer, house, | 美元符号 三角形 锤子 房子 |
[05:24] | And that last one, I don’t know what you would call it | 最后一个 我不知道你叫它什么 |
[05:26] | Looks… kind of like a tunnel? | 像隧道的形状吗 |
[05:29] | A tunnel? Really? | 隧道 你确定吗 |
[05:31] | Are you sure you don’t want to take another look? | 你确定你不想再看看吗 |
[05:36] | I’m sorry. It’s a tree. | 抱歉 是一棵树 |
[05:39] | That’s so weird, the first time I looked at it… | 太奇怪了 我第一次看它的时候 |
[05:41] | I wouldn’t worry about it, Allison | 我不担心 艾莉森 |
[05:42] | It’s really common for someone recovering from a stroke | 从中风中康复的人出现健忘 |
[05:45] | To have lapses in memory, gaps in perception. | 理解障碍是很正常的 |
[05:49] | We call it “expressive aphasia.” | 我们称其为”表达型失语症” |
[05:51] | The flash card exercises just work the muscle, | 抽认卡练习针对肌肉 |
[05:54] | Keep it from getting too serious. | 使其不会变得太紧绷 |
[05:56] | But my stroke was months ago. I’ve been fine. | 但我是几个月前得的中风 我已经好了 |
[05:59] | I haven’t had any perception problems before. | 我以前从未出现理解问题 |
[06:02] | These things come and go. | 这些症状可能反复出现 |
[06:03] | The one thing that really helps is practice. | 唯一有帮助的就是练习 |
[06:07] | Have you been using your cards at home? | 你在家里练习过吗 |
[06:09] | Well, I did look at them this morning… | 今天早上我练习了下 |
[06:13] | It probably wouldn’t hurt | 对你来说更多的训练可能 |
[06:14] | For you to be a little more disciplined. | 不会有害 |
[06:34] | Someone’s got flash card anxiety. | 看来某人有抽认卡恐惧 |
[06:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:40] | I couldn’t help myself. I was watching you. | 我情不自禁地盯着你看 |
[06:43] | – It’s that obvious, huh? – Well, for me it is. | -很明显对吧 -对我来说是的 |
[06:46] | But I’ve been playing with those cards for years. | 我看这些图已经好些年了 |
[06:51] | You want a little tip? | 要点小提示吗 |
[06:53] | Try reading them from right to left. | 试着从右向左识图 |
[06:57] | Yeah. I know it sounds stupid, | 我知道这听起来有点傻 |
[07:00] | But there’s something about reading them backwards | 但倒着识图有其特别之处 |
[07:02] | That forces your brain to pay attention. | 能强迫你的大脑集中注意力 |
[07:05] | Mm. At least… It works for me. | 至少…对我有效 |
[07:08] | Well, thanks. I’ll try that. | 谢谢 我试试看 |
[07:11] | My name’s Neal, by the way. | 顺便说一声 我叫尼尔 |
[07:13] | I’m a veteran of more cognitive therapy | 我是治疗经验丰富的老手 |
[07:16] | Than you’d ever care to remember. | 你该留心记着 |
[07:18] | My name’s Allison. Allison Dubois. | 我叫艾莉森 艾莉森·迪布瓦 |
[07:23] | You said that you’d-you’d had a lot of therapy. | 你说你做过很多治疗 |
[07:27] | Do you mind if I ask you what happened to you? | 介意我问下发生什么事吗 |
[07:30] | I got mugged. | 我被打劫了 |
[07:32] | Guy shot me, | 有个家伙开枪打我 |
[07:34] | Left me, uh, to bleed in the street. | 留下我躺在大街上流血 |
[07:37] | Had some, uh… brain impairment. | 大脑有一些…损伤 |
[07:41] | -Oh, my god, I’m so sorry. -Thanks. | -天啊 真为你难过 -谢谢 |
[07:43] | Wherever the guy is, I hope he, uh, | 不论那个人去哪儿 我希望 |
[07:46] | Had a good time with the $22 he took from me. | 拿着我的22美元 他能快活 |
[07:48] | They never found the man who did this to you? | 他一直没被抓到吗 |
[07:51] | No. | 没有 |
[07:53] | Oh. Forgive me. | 请原谅 |
[07:58] | Oh, it’s a work call. | 是工作上的电话 |
[07:59] | Remember: Try to read them backwards. | 记住 试一试倒着识图 |
[08:04] | – Hello? – Sorry to bother you on your day off, | -你好 -抱歉在你的假期打扰你 |
[08:06] | But I was hoping maybe you could meet me at the morgue. | 我希望你能来停尸房见我 |
[08:10] | The girl’s name’s Catherine TallRidge. | 这个女孩叫凯萨琳·托瑞吉 |
[08:12] | My best guess is about 1:00 last night | 我估计很可能是昨晚一点 |
[08:14] | Someone came up the fire escape, | 有人爬上了防火梯 |
[08:16] | Broke into her place through a window, | 经过窗户闯入她家 |
[08:18] | Strangled her, then left the way he came. | 勒死她 然后原路离开 |
[08:21] | How can you be so sure it was around 1:00? | 你怎么能肯定是一点左右 |
[08:24] | One of the neighbors heard | 其中一位邻居听见 |
[08:25] | A commotion coming from the place. | 进屋时的喧闹声 |
[08:26] | He even called in a noise complaint. | 他还很大声的在电话里抱怨 |
[08:28] | By the time the squad car got there, everything was quiet. | 巡逻车到那儿的时候 寂静无声 |
[08:31] | No one answered the door. | 也没人应门 |
[08:33] | The roommate got back from sleeping over at her friend’s place. | 她的室友去朋友那里过夜回来后 |
[08:39] | Found her like that. | 发现她已经这样了 |
[08:42] | You have any idea what that symbol on her head means? | 她头上的符号你认为是什么意思 |
[08:46] | Symbol? | 什么符号 |
[08:51] | Obviously, my most recent experience is with solar cells. | 很显然 我近期的工作都跟太阳能电池有关 |
[08:57] | I know it’s not a perfect fit for, you know, what you do here. | 我知道我不怎么适合你想找的类型 |
[09:00] | But I figure there are some parallels | 但我认为还是有点相似之处的 |
[09:02] | That make me a… good candidate. | 我还算是个合格的求职者 |
[09:08] | Solar, huh? | 太阳能 是吗 |
[09:09] | Yeah. Uh, I started a company; I sold it last year. | 是的 我开了家公司 去年卖掉了 |
[09:12] | Um, did your human resources department | 你的人力资源部门 |
[09:15] | Not send you down a resume? | 没给你一份简历吗 |
[09:18] | Yeah, I-I-I think that they, uh, probably sent me something. | 是的 我想起来 确实给了我些东西 |
[09:23] | Uh, well, my team and I were-were, uh… | 我和我的小组负责… |
[09:26] | Projecting sales for the company. | 给公司制作营销计划的 |
[09:28] | Uh, we d… | 我们… |
[09:30] | Uh, we did a lot of research into biofuels | 我们做过生物燃料的很多调查 |
[09:32] | Cause we figured they’d be | 因为我们认为 未来十年 他们 |
[09:34] | Our biggest competitor in ten years or so. | 差不多会成为我们最主要的竞争对手 |
[09:36] | Oh. Sorry. I’ve just got to take a look at this real quick. | 抱歉 我得马上看一看这个 |
[09:41] | I’m listening, though. | 我还听着呢 |
[09:43] | Oh, uh, uh, yes, some of the research, | 我做过的一些调查 |
[09:45] | Some of the reading that I did that made me wish | 一些查阅 让我有个想法 |
[09:46] | That I was working in the field, so I-I, you know, | 就是在这个领域工作 所以我 |
[09:49] | I’d love to… To-to… To… | 我愿意 去…去… |
[09:52] | Dive in with you. | 尽快加入你们 |
[10:01] | Hello? | 你好 |
[10:03] | Oh, hey, Drew. | 德鲁 |
[10:05] | Um, no, no, it’s good timing. | 不 不 没问题 |
[10:07] | I just got done with the interview. | 我刚面试完 |
[10:09] | Uh, listen, I appreciate you… | 我很感谢你… |
[10:11] | Appreciate you setting it up and everything, | 安排的这事儿和一切 |
[10:12] | But I don’t think it went very well. | 不过我觉得不太顺利 |
[10:17] | What do you mean, the guy loved me? | 什么意思 那家伙喜欢我 |
[10:19] | My god, Joe, that’s fantastic! | 我的天 乔 太棒了 |
[10:21] | When are you supposed to start? | 大概什么时候能上班 |
[10:23] | Human resources told Drew | 人力资源部门告诉德鲁 |
[10:24] | I could start whenever I’m ready. | 只要我准备好就能上班 |
[10:26] | I’m not working, so I told him I’m ready now. | 我现在没工作 就告诉他 我现在就准备好了 |
[10:30] | I guess as of tomorrow there’s gonna be | 我猜明天的这个时候 |
[10:31] | Two steady paychecks coming in the house. | 家里就有两个人有稳定收入了 |
[10:33] | You “guess”? You don’t sound happy. | 你”猜” 听起来你不太高兴 |
[10:36] | I thought you really wanted this. | 我以为你很想要这工作 |
[10:37] | No, I-I do. I do. I just… | 是的 我当然是 我只是… |
[10:40] | I thought I completely screwed the interview. | 我觉得自己的面试一塌糊涂 |
[10:42] | I thought the guy hated me, and then they offered me | 我觉得那个家伙讨厌我 然后 |
[10:44] | The job before I could even drive off the property. | 在我开车离开大厦前 却给了我工作 |
[10:47] | You know what that means? You’re just that good. | 你知道那是什么意思吗 就是说你很好 |
[10:51] | Honey, hold on a second. | 亲爱的 等一会儿 |
[10:52] | I’m not paying attention where I’m going. | 我没注意 不知道开到哪儿了 |
[11:00] | Hey, Al, you there? Did I lose you? | 艾尔 你还在吗 我断线了吗 |
[11:15] | Al, you all right? | 艾尔 你还好吧 |
[11:17] | Um, yeah, honey. | 还好 亲爱的 |
[11:25] | I’m fine. Let me call you back. | 我很好 等会打给你 |
[12:06] | 今日 作家兰斯·鲍林为您朗读 终极解读《摘下天秤杀手的面具》 平装版上市 | |
[12:09] | Admit it was you, you bastard! Admit it was you! | 承认是你干的吧 混蛋 承认吧 |
[12:23] | I had been pursuing the libra for ten years. | 我追踪天秤杀手十年 |
[12:27] | It became an obsession | 执着于此 |
[12:28] | That cost me my career and my marriage. | 而牺牲了职业和婚姻 |
[12:31] | And so, when I went to visit John David Boatner | 当我去看约翰·大卫·伯特纳时 |
[12:34] | In the hospice where he lay dying, | 在他去世的疗养院里 |
[12:36] | When he finally admitted that he was the libra, | 他承认自己就是天秤杀手 |
[12:39] | It was, in an odd way, the most intimate moment of my life, | 奇怪的是 那是我一生中最舒适的时刻 |
[12:44] | And, I suspect, it was the most intimate moment of his life. | 我想他也一样 |
[12:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:54] | There you go. | 好了 给你 |
[12:56] | Hi. | 你好 |
[12:59] | Should I make it out to someone in particular? | 要签给某个特殊的人吗 |
[13:01] | Actually, if you’ve got a minute, can I ask you a question? | 有空吗 我能问几个问题吗 |
[13:04] | Sure. | 当然 |
[13:05] | When this was all going on, | 这些事发生时 |
[13:07] | When the libra slayer was originally murdering young women, | 天秤杀手在杀害年轻女孩时 |
[13:10] | I’d just given birth to my second daughter, | 我正好在生第二胎 |
[13:12] | And I was in the hospital. | 还躺在医院里 |
[13:13] | I really wasn’t paying much attention to the papers. | 没怎么注意新闻 |
[13:16] | Was these the sort of letters | 他给警察的就是 |
[13:19] | That he would send the police? | 这些字母吗 |
[13:22] | He used a different code for each murder. | 他每次谋杀都使用不同的密码 |
[13:24] | And what is this? | 这是什么 |
[13:26] | That’s the sign of the libra. | 这是天秤的标志 |
[13:27] | I guess you could call it his signature. | 你可以认为这是他的签名 |
[13:29] | He carved it into each one of his victims. | 他把这个刻在每个受害人身上 |
[13:33] | And is this the man that you think was the libra slayer? | 你认为这个人是天秤杀手 |
[13:37] | I don’t think John David Boatner was the libra slayer. | 我认为约翰·大卫·伯特纳就是天秤杀手 |
[13:39] | I know it. | 我确信是 |
[13:43] | Are you sure? Weren’t there any other suspects? | 你确定吗 还有别的嫌犯吗 |
[13:46] | I’m positive. I’ve written three books on the subject, | 我确定 我以此为主题写了三本书 |
[13:48] | And I personally collected reams of evidence. | 我个人搜集了大量的证据 |
[13:51] | Plus, he told me he did it. | 此外 他告诉我是他做的 |
[13:54] | When I went to visit him right before he died, | 他在临终前告诉我的 |
[13:56] | I told him if he didn’t admit that he was the libra slayer, | 我告诉他如果不承认是天秤杀手的话 |
[13:58] | Then no one would ever know that he’d beaten the police. | 没人会知道他斗过了警察 |
[14:00] | He told you he didn’t do it. | 他告诉你他没做 |
[14:05] | You gave him a cigarette. | 你给了他一支烟 |
[14:06] | He told you he was not the murderer. | 他告诉你他不是杀人犯 |
[14:09] | Look, I know you spent years believing it was him. | 我知道你多年来都认为是他 |
[14:11] | I can kind of understand | 我能理解 |
[14:13] | Why you would lie about what happened in the hospice, | 为何你会对在疗养院发生的事撒谎 |
[14:16] | But I think you’re wrong about Boatner. | 但我想你对伯特纳的判断错了 |
[14:18] | A young woman died last night. | 昨晚一个年轻女人死了 |
[14:21] | I think she was murdered by the same person | 我想她被同一个人杀害了 |
[14:23] | Who committed the original libra slayings. | 他才是真的天秤杀手 |
[14:26] | I think he’s back. | 我想他回来了 |
[14:31] | Okay, let’s say you’re right. | 好 就算你是对的 |
[14:33] | Let’s say that John David Boatner | 就算约翰·大卫·伯特纳 |
[14:36] | Didn’t confess on his deathbed. | 临终时没有承认 |
[14:38] | That doesn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t the killer. | 那也不能说他不是凶手 |
[14:42] | I mean, in my experience | 以我的经验 |
[14:44] | Serial murder and a deep-seated sense of honesty | 连环杀手和根深蒂固的诚实感 |
[14:46] | Rarely go hand in hand. | 很少同时显现 |
[14:48] | Yeah, but there’s a reason the police never arrested Boatner | 是的 但警察从未以天秤杀人案为由 |
[14:51] | For the libra’s killings. | 逮捕伯特纳 |
[14:52] | They never had enough evidence. | 他们没有足够的证据 |
[14:55] | I’ve been researching this. | 我已经研究过这本书了 |
[14:56] | In fact, there’s a fair amount of evidence | 事实上 里面有很多 |
[14:57] | To suggest he wasn’t the killer. | 证明他不是杀手的证据 |
[15:00] | They were never able to conclusively prove | 警方最后也没能证明 |
[15:02] | That his handwriting was a match | 他的笔迹 |
[15:03] | For any of the libra’s notes. | 和任何凶手的笔迹匹配 |
[15:05] | There was never any physical evidence | 没有任何确凿证据 |
[15:07] | To tie him to any of the crime scenes. | 把他与犯罪现场联系起来 |
[15:08] | Well, even if all that’s true… | 就算这都是真的 |
[15:10] | Even if John David Boatner is innocent, | 就算约翰·大卫·伯特纳是无辜的 |
[15:12] | I don’t see anything that indicates | 我也看不出有什么能表明 |
[15:14] | That the libra killed Catherine Tallridge. | 天秤杀手杀了凯瑟琳·托瑞吉 |
[15:18] | He was flamboyant, a game-player, | 他是个爱炫耀 游戏人间的家伙 |
[15:20] | Taunting the police with… with cryptograms, | 用密码来嘲弄警察 |
[15:23] | Carving his signature into the foreheads of his victims. | 在受害人额头上刻下签名 |
[15:25] | He took credit. He liked taking credit. | 他居功自傲 他喜欢这样 |
[15:29] | Now if you’re correct, and this man is still walking, | 如果你是对的 这个人仍逍遥法外 |
[15:32] | Still killing among us, | 仍在我们周围杀戮 |
[15:33] | Why didn’t he take credit for this death? | 为何他不以此次谋杀炫耀 |
[15:35] | No symbol was carved in her forehead. | 不在她的额头上刻标记 |
[15:37] | No coded message was left for the police to decrypt. | 没有留下让警察费解的密码 |
[15:40] | If he killed her, wouldn’t he want the world to know? | 如果他杀了她 为何他不想告知天下 |
[15:43] | I think he wanted to. I think he ran out of time. | 我认为他想 但是没时间了 |
[15:46] | A neighbor heard noises coming from | 邻居在凯瑟琳·托瑞吉 |
[15:48] | Inside Catherine Tallridge’s apartment | 被谋杀的当晚 |
[15:49] | The night that she was murdered. | 从她屋内听到有吵闹声 |
[15:50] | She called the police. | 她打电话报警了 |
[15:52] | I think he had to run out of there. | 我想他不得不逃走了 |
[15:53] | He didn’t have time to sign his work. | 他没时间完成签名工作了 |
[15:57] | I’m sorry, but I think you need to, uh… | 抱歉 我想你得 |
[16:00] | Rethink your theory. | 反思一下你的想法 |
[16:02] | That was the medical examiner. | 法医来的消息 |
[16:05] | Catherine Tallridge’s wounds | 凯瑟琳·托瑞吉的伤 |
[16:07] | Were inflicted by an left-handed attacker. | 是由左撇子造成的 |
[16:08] | The libra, as I’m sure you know from your research, | 我想你知道 天秤杀手 |
[16:11] | Was right-handed. | 惯用右手 |
[16:14] | I’m home. | 我回来了 |
[16:20] | Hi. | 你好 |
[16:21] | – Hey, where is everybody? – Homework. | -其他人呢 -在写作业 |
[16:25] | I picked up a fudge ripple cake on the way home to celebrate. | 我在路上买了牛奶巧克力蛋糕为你庆祝 |
[16:32] | What’s with the long face? You got a new job. | 干嘛闷闷不乐的 你有新工作了 |
[16:35] | Everything all right? | 怎么了 |
[16:36] | I was just about to ask you that. | 我就是想跟你说… |
[16:39] | Um, this is the note that you wrote to Marie’s teacher this morning. | 这是你早上给玛丽的老师写的字条 |
[16:43] | She sent it back. | 她给退回来了 |
[16:53] | Car keys and your wallet, now! | 把钱包和钥匙交出来 马上 |
[16:56] | Come on. Give me your wallet! | 快点 把钱包给我 |
[16:59] | – Give me your wallet right now. – Okay, okay, okay. | -把钱包给我 快点 -好好我给 |
[17:01] | Now your keys. Let’s go. | 还有车钥匙 拿出来 |
[17:05] | – Let’s go! – Man, let me… Let me have my car. | -拿出来 -伙计 让我把车开走吧 |
[17:07] | I just need to get to work, and, you know… | 我还要去工作 |
[17:08] | You don’t give me those keys, | 不交出钥匙的话 |
[17:10] | You’re not going to need anything ever again. | 你就再也不用去工作了 |
[17:54] | – Hey. – Hi. | -嘿 -嗨 |
[17:55] | You must be the new guy. | 你是新来的吧 |
[17:56] | – Joe Dubois. – Welcome aboard, Joe. | -乔·迪布瓦 -欢迎加入 乔 |
[17:59] | Brian Fondran. | 布莱恩·方德恩 |
[18:03] | – Hey, Brian, can I ask you a question? – Yeah, sure. | -布莱恩 我能问你个问题吗 -问吧 |
[18:06] | How do we get started here? | 我们要先做些什么啊 |
[18:07] | I didn’t see any kind of staff meeting on the calendar. | 我没看到日程表上有员工大会 |
[18:09] | Yeah, uh, we don’t really do staff meetings here. | 是的 其实我们不开员工大会 |
[18:14] | Really? Well, how do you find out what you’re supposed to be doing? | 真的吗 那…你们怎么知道要干什么 |
[18:16] | How do you…? Well, who sets the agenda? | 你们怎么…好吧 那谁排日程表呢? |
[18:18] | Who establishes, like, the thresholds for projects? | 谁是项目发起人 |
[18:21] | Well… Nobody, really. | 其实…没人 真的 |
[18:26] | This job is a little more read and react, | 这份工作其实就是随机应变 |
[18:29] | You know what I mean? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[18:31] | Basically, you just wait until Keith asks you to do something. | 基本上是只要等着基思叫你做事再做 |
[18:36] | You met Keith, right? | 你见过基思吧 |
[18:39] | Yeah. So… | 那么… |
[18:42] | I would just wait. | 等着就是了 |
[18:50] | Neal. | 尼尔 |
[18:53] | Allison. Hi. | 艾莉森 |
[18:56] | I’d…I’d ask you to join me, but… | 我想叫你和我一起练的 但是… |
[18:59] | Oh, no. Actually, I left my sneakers in the car. | 不用了 我把运动鞋放车上了 |
[19:03] | – I came to see you. – Oh, thank you. | -我是来看你的 -谢谢 |
[19:05] | I don’t know if I mentioned yesterday– | 不知道我昨天有没有提过 |
[19:07] | I work with the district attorney’s office. | 我在地方检察官办公室工作 |
[19:10] | Oh, uh, I know who you are. I…I watch the news. | 我知道你是谁 我看过新闻 |
[19:13] | You’re, um… A professional dreamer, right? | 你是职业做梦师 对吧 |
[19:17] | Well, I don’t know how professional I am, | 我不知道是不是专业的 |
[19:19] | But I do dream from time to time. | 但是我的确总做梦 |
[19:23] | I actually had a dream about you last night. | 事实上我昨晚梦见你了 |
[19:27] | I saw the man who shot you. I saw his face. | 我看见朝你开枪的人了 我看见他的样子了 |
[19:32] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[19:35] | The man who shot me was wearing a ski mask. | 朝我开枪的人戴着面罩 |
[19:37] | I never even saw his face. | 我根本看不见他的脸 |
[19:39] | And it was 11 years ago. | 而且已经过去11年了 |
[19:40] | That’s fine, Mr. Greybridge. | 这不成问题的 格雷布瑞吉先生 |
[19:42] | All we need for you to do | 你需要做的只是 |
[19:43] | Is to recognize his voice. | 认出他的声音 |
[19:46] | A voice ID would give us probable cause to compel a DNA sample. | 确认了声音我们就可以检测他的DNA |
[19:49] | If that matches the sample the police found | 如果样本与在枪击那晚 |
[19:52] | Under your fingernails the night you were shot, | 警察在你指甲里找到的吻合 |
[19:54] | Then we should have everything we need to convict. | 那么我们就能给他定罪了 |
[19:58] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[20:00] | Okay. | 可以了 |
[20:05] | Number one, please step forward and read from the card. | 一号 请向前一步 读卡片上的内容 |
[20:10] | “you don’t give me those keys” | “不交出钥匙的话” |
[20:13] | “You’re not going to need anything ever again.” | “你就再也不用去工作了” |
[20:17] | I don’t think so. | 不是他 |
[20:20] | Thank you, number one. Number two, please step forward | 谢谢你一号 二号 请向前一步 |
[20:22] | and read from the card. | 读卡片上的内容 |
[20:25] | “you don’t give me those keys” | “不交出钥匙的话” |
[20:26] | “You’re not going to need anything ever again.” | “你就再也不用去工作了” |
[20:29] | Uh, I don’t know. | 我不太确定 |
[20:33] | Maybe. | 也许是吧 |
[20:35] | I’m sorry. It was… It was a long time ago. | 对不起 时间太久远了 |
[20:37] | You’re doing fine. | 你做的很好 |
[20:39] | Remember, you don’t have to worry about their faces. | 记住 不用管他们的脸 |
[20:41] | You don’t even have to look at their faces if you don’t want to. | 如果你不想看的话你可以不用看 |
[20:47] | Number three, please step forward and read the card. | 三号 向前一步 读卡片上的内容 |
[20:53] | “you don’t give me those keys” | “不交出钥匙的话” |
[20:54] | “You’re not going to need anything ever again.” | “你就再也不用去工作了” |
[21:02] | That’s him. | 是他 |
[21:07] | I’m sure of it. | 我很确定就是他 |
[21:11] | I don’t even need to hear anyone else. | 不用听别人的了 |
[21:14] | That’s the man that shot me. | 就是他开枪打我的 |
[21:18] | I’m get a uniform to start the processing. | 会有同事带他去走一遍程序 |
[21:19] | We should be able to do the DNA test this afternoon. | 下午就可以做DNA测试了 |
[21:23] | Thanks for all your help, Lee. I know how busy you’ve been. | 李 谢谢你的帮忙 我知道你很忙 |
[21:25] | Easiest case I ever closed. Thank you. | 这是我接手的最轻松的案子了 谢谢你 |
[21:33] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[21:35] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[21:39] | Thank you, Allison. | 艾莉森 谢谢你 |
[21:42] | Yeah? | 进来 |
[21:45] | Hi, Keith. | 基思 |
[21:49] | Joe. Joe Dubois. You just hired me. | 乔 我是乔·迪布瓦 你刚雇了我 |
[21:52] | Today’s my first day was my first day. | 今天是我第一天上班 |
[21:55] | It’s, uh, it’s 5:30. | 现在 已经五点半了 |
[21:56] | Yeah, n-no problem. We’ll, uh, we’ll see you tomorrow. | 没事了 那明天见 |
[22:02] | Uh, okay. Could I ask you something? | 好的 我能问你些事吗 |
[22:05] | Um, I… I spent the whole day out there, | 我一下午都呆在外面的办公室 |
[22:09] | And I read the, uh, the company handbook, | 读了下公司手册 |
[22:12] | And I-I did the whole orientation. | 确定了下岗位职能 |
[22:15] | Um, but nobody actually spoke to me about work. | 但没人跟我谈工作 |
[22:17] | Nobody, uh, filled me in on any projects, | 没人给我差事 |
[22:20] | Uh, told me, you know, to do anything. | 告诉下我该做些什么 |
[22:25] | You maybe waiting for me to-to come to you with something? | 也许你在等我来找你 |
[22:28] | Like an idea or something? | 比如一个构想 |
[22:32] | No one explained it to you? | 没人告诉你吗 |
[22:39] | Uh… This department | 我们这家公司的运营模式 |
[22:42] | May run a little differently than what you’re used to. | 也许会与你的老东家略有不同 |
[22:46] | Okay, that’s all right. No problem. I’ll adjust. | 没关系 我能适应 |
[22:48] | Just tell me what you need. | 你希望我怎样 |
[22:50] | That’s the thing. I don’t… I don’t really need anything. | 这正是问题所在 我不需要你做任何事 |
[22:56] | The truth is I-I prefer to be | 事实上我喜欢 |
[22:57] | The only engineer on my projects. | 独自一人担当项目工程师 |
[23:00] | Honestly, I find it streamlines things. You know? | 老实说 一人包办更加得心应手 你懂吗 |
[23:05] | Collaboration can just be distracting. Right? | 合作反而事倍功半 对吧 |
[23:10] | I’m sorry, y-you saying that-that | 抱歉 你是说 |
[23:11] | You’re never going to ask me to do anything? | 你不会指派给我任何工作 |
[23:13] | Not very often, no. | 偶尔会 |
[23:16] | Why did you hire me? | 那你为何雇我 |
[23:20] | Uh… Corporate gives me a certain amount of money for staffing. | 公司给我一笔钱雇佣员工 |
[23:25] | Uh, and you know the way that corporate budgets work. | 公司预算包含这笔款项 |
[23:27] | If you don’t use that money, then, | 如果你不用那笔钱 |
[23:29] | Well, it goes away. | 就是自动放弃 |
[23:31] | But who knows? In the future, I might need it, right? | 说不定将来 这笔钱会对我有用 |
[23:34] | So I hire people. | 所以我雇佣员工 |
[23:42] | Yeah, I-I find that most people don’t have a problem with this. | 大多数人不会对此表示异议 |
[23:46] | Most people actually think it’s a dream come true. | 他们因此而圆梦 |
[23:50] | So… You know, uh, | 要知道 |
[23:53] | Maybe if you think about this as a kind of scholarship. | 如果你视之为一笔奖学金 |
[23:58] | You’re free to spend your days working on whatever you want. | 你可以自由支配时间 做喜欢的工作 |
[24:02] | You’re just not going to be working on biodiesels. | 不必将时间浪费在奔波途中 |
[24:05] | Turns out I could’ve been anyone. | 看来谁都能胜任这份工作 |
[24:07] | Maybe I was just the last interview. | 也许我只是最后一个面试者 |
[24:08] | Maybe he was just tired of seeing people. | 也许他面试得不耐烦了 |
[24:10] | Wait, he’s just going to pay you to sit there and do nothing? | 等等 就是说你可以不劳而获吗 |
[24:13] | Yeah, that’s what he said. | 对 他就是这意思 |
[24:14] | He said to think of it as a kind of scholarship. | 他让我视之为一笔奖学金 |
[24:17] | I mean, it’s not like I’m going to turn down the money. | 我不想拒绝这笔钱 |
[24:20] | I mean, truth is, I can’t. But I don’t know. | 事实上 我不能拒绝 但我不知道 |
[24:23] | I mean, I know there are a lot of people out there | 很多人对我的位子虎视眈眈 |
[24:25] | Who’d kill to be, you know, getting a paycheck right now, | 不惜一切想拿那份工资 |
[24:29] | Any kind of paycheck. | 有工资拿就行 |
[24:32] | But I honestly don’t know if I can do it. | 但我不知道自己是否能做下去 |
[24:34] | I don’t know if I can get up every morning and go into work, | 不知道自己是否能坚持早起去工作 |
[24:38] | Knowing that my being there is of no consequence. | 我在那里形同虚设 |
[24:41] | Well, it will change once he gets to know you, | 当他了解你之后情况就会好起来 |
[24:43] | Once he sees what he has… | 一旦他了解他有… |
[24:45] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[24:46] | He doesn’t want to know what he has. | 他不想了解他的员工 |
[24:47] | And he certainly doesn’t want to get to know me. | 当然他也不想了解我 |
[24:50] | Okay, that’s enough whining. | 抱怨够了 |
[24:51] | I got to get my beauty sleep, so I can get up bright and early | 我要睡个美容觉 保证明早活力充沛地去 |
[24:55] | And go into work and do nothing. | 上班 然后无所事事 |
[25:37] | 10:21: Jacinda Birk stands at her window. | 十点二十一分 杰辛达·比尔克站在窗前 |
[25:40] | She sees a view of Edison park, but cannot see me watching. | 眺望爱迪生公园 却未察觉我在监视她 |
[25:43] | When she is asleep, I will go to her. | 当她入睡 我走向她 |
[25:45] | When she is asleep, I will make her mine. | 将她占为己有 |
[25:47] | And it goes on like that for the remainder of the page. | 他续写下去 |
[25:51] | Took a team of experts about ten hours to decode it. | 专家团队花了10多个小时破译密码 |
[25:54] | You were right about Catherine Tallridge. | 凯萨琳·托瑞吉案被你言中 |
[25:57] | He confesses to her murder about five lines down. | 他对谋杀她的罪行供认不讳 |
[25:59] | Are we sure this is authentic? | 这真的可信吗 |
[26:02] | Are we sure this is written by the original libra slayer? | 这封信确实是天秤杀手亲笔所写吗 |
[26:04] | I’m afraid we can’t be certain about that. | 恐怕我们不能妄下定论 |
[26:06] | When the libra slayer was last active, | 天秤杀人狂最后一次作案 |
[26:08] | He left coded messages with the body of each victim. | 他在受害者尸体上留下暗号 |
[26:11] | Now, each of these codes was unique, | 现在 每个密码符号都独一无二 |
[26:14] | But all of the translated messages had a specific voice: | 但所有被破译的信息都是同一种口吻 |
[26:18] | Arrogant, derisive, almost clinical in the recording of detail. | 傲慢 嘲讽 但细节详尽 |
[26:22] | The time of day, the victim’s full name, | 案发日期 受害者全名 |
[26:25] | References to the location. | 案发地点 |
[26:27] | Now, this new message– both in tone | 这封信是全新的信息 不论是在语气上 |
[26:29] | And in the complexity of the code itself– | 还是密码本身的复杂程度上 |
[26:31] | Appears to be identical to the messages left by the libra. | 都与这个杀人狂的特点吻合 |
[26:35] | It even refers to details of the original crimes | 信上甚至提到那些陈年旧案中 |
[26:38] | That were held back from the press. | 媒体从未公开的细节 |
[26:40] | Seems unlikely that anyone | 除了杀手自己 |
[26:41] | But the original killer would know them. | 没有任何人对此了如指掌 |
[26:44] | On the other hand, there is one detail that doesn’t line up. | 另一方面 还有一个细节值得注意 |
[26:49] | According to the medical examiner, | 据验尸官说 |
[26:50] | Both Catherine Tallridge and Jacinda Birk | 谋杀凯萨琳·托瑞吉和杰辛达·比尔克的 |
[26:54] | Were murdered by a left-handed assailant. | 凶手是左撇子 |
[26:55] | But isn’t it common knowledge? | 但这不符合常理 |
[26:57] | Isn’t the libra slayer right-handed? | 天秤杀手是右撇子 |
[26:59] | So we always believed. But this new cryptogram– | 我们默认这一点 但这些新的暗号 |
[27:02] | It was written by somebody who’s left-handed. | 是一个左撇子的笔迹 |
[27:04] | Whoever killed these women, | 不论杀害这两个女子的凶手是谁 |
[27:06] | If not the original libra slayer, | 如果不是原先的天秤杀手的话 |
[27:07] | Then it’s someone who’s doing things the exact same way, | 就是一个效仿者所为 |
[27:11] | But using the other hand. | 只不过用另外一只手 |
[27:16] | Talk to me. | 请进 |
[27:18] | I was wondering if you’d had a chance | 您能否抽空 |
[27:19] | To look at the schematic that I left for you at lunch. | 看一下我中午给你的原理图 |
[27:23] | It’s 5:30; everyone’s, uh, everyone’s taking off. | 现在五点半了 其他员工都下班了 |
[27:24] | I just didn’t want to go | 我在等 |
[27:26] | If you were planning on giving me any feedback– | 你给我的反馈 |
[27:28] | Any reaction, a direction of some sort. | 一些反映 指导什么的 |
[27:33] | You talking about that wiring thing? | 你是说配线吗 |
[27:36] | Yeah, um, that-that wasn’t something that I asked you to do. | 那不是我要你做的事 |
[27:40] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:45] | I read it. It wasn’t bad. | 我看过了 不错 |
[27:48] | Oh, really? Do you want to sit down? | 真的吗 你想坐一会吗 |
[27:50] | Maybe we could set up a time we could go over it? | 或许我们安排个时间好好说说这个 |
[27:52] | It wasn’t bad. | 不错 |
[27:53] | It just wasn’t excellent. | 但不是最好的选择 |
[27:56] | You know, I mean, frankly, What was the point? | 我的意思是 说真的 重点是什么 |
[27:59] | N-no offense, but I-I don’t really have any use | 请勿见怪 这种东西对我来说 |
[28:03] | For that kind of work. | 没什么用 |
[28:04] | I mean, like I told you, I-I can get to excellent on my own. | 像我给你说的 我仅凭已力就可做到极致 |
[28:08] | So… | 所以 |
[28:09] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[28:13] | I was actually thinking about that wiring problem today at lunch. | 今天午餐的时候我确实在想配线的问题 |
[28:17] | Uh… I came up with some pretty interesting stuff. | 我想到了一些有趣的东西 |
[28:24] | You can take a look if you want. | 如果你愿意可以看看 |
[28:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:36] | I meant it. It wasn’t bad. | 我是认真的 还不错 |
[28:40] | You’re a smart guy. | 你是个聪明人 |
[28:42] | Which means that you’re going to be miserable here. | 这意味着你在这里的结局会很惨 |
[28:46] | I’m not saying that I’m unhappy. It’s just my second day. | 我不是说我不开心 这才是第二天 |
[28:48] | No, I-I know you’re not griping. | 不 我知道你不痛苦 |
[28:50] | I just… | 我只是 |
[28:52] | I know how this is going to play out. | 我知道怎么回事 |
[28:55] | Most people, they come here, | 很多人来到这 |
[28:56] | They-they figure out how I like to operate pretty quickly. | 他们很快就弄明白了我的风格 |
[29:00] | You know, they-they settle in to doing whatever. | 他们专注于 |
[29:03] | They like doing whatever. | 他们喜欢的事情 |
[29:06] | But you… Have initiative. | 但是你 喜欢原创 |
[29:10] | The trouble is, I have no use for that. | 但这很麻烦 因为那东西对我无用 |
[29:20] | I’ll tell you what. | 我给你说 |
[29:23] | I’m gonna e-mail the guy | 我要给那个 |
[29:24] | That runs the, uh, commercial aeronautics division. | 运营商业航空局的人发个邮件 |
[29:26] | They got some new contracts. | 他们有几份新合同 |
[29:28] | They’re probably looking for talent. | 他们可能在寻找有灵感的人 |
[29:30] | I could offer to take one of their worst guys In exchange for you. | 我能用推荐你来交换他们最差的那个 |
[29:34] | – You’re gonna trade me? – Sure. Yeah. | -你要交易我 -是的 |
[29:38] | You’ll like it down there. | 你会喜欢那的 |
[29:39] | They-they do some kind of interesting stuff with turbines. | 他们用涡轮来制造一些有趣的东西 |
[29:51] | You look like you’re cramming for the world’s most gruesome final. | 你看上去好像在准备公务员考试一样 |
[29:54] | Yeah, well, The way this is going, | 照这个形式发展下去 |
[29:56] | You might as well just hand me an “F.” | 你很有可能给我个F |
[29:57] | I hope you guys are learning more than I am. | 我希望你们比我得到的信息多 |
[30:00] | We’ve got half the homicide division pulling overtime. | 目前重案组的半数人都在加班加点 |
[30:01] | So far, not much in the way of results. | 但没什么结果 |
[30:11] | Your friend Neal Greybridge, | 你朋友尼尔·格雷布瑞吉 |
[30:14] | The, uh, assistant district attorney In charge of his case, called me. | 负责这个案子的助理检察官 给我打电话了 |
[30:18] | Apparently, they scheduled a sit-down with him. | 显然 他们想和他谈谈 |
[30:20] | They’re building a case against the guy who shot him, so, uh, | 他们开始处理他的那个案子 |
[30:22] | You know, they need to go over his statement, | 他们需要他的证词 |
[30:24] | Talk to him about taking the stand. | 和他谈谈他的立场 |
[30:26] | Only problem is Neal never showed up. | 唯一的问题是尼尔再也没出现过 |
[30:30] | I hope he’s okay. | 我希望他没事 |
[30:31] | I keep calling him. | 我一直给他打电话 |
[30:32] | I know the ADA Left him a couple messages. | 助理检察官也给他留言了 |
[30:35] | But, uh, you know this guy. | 但是 你认识这家伙 |
[30:36] | I was thinking maybe you could reach out to him. | 我想你应该能找到他 |
[30:38] | Just, uh, make sure he isn’t gonna flake out on us. | 确保他没放我们鸽子 |
[30:42] | Hi, it’s Neal. Leave me your name and number, | 我是尼尔 留下你的姓名和电话 |
[30:44] | And I’ll call you back as soon as I can. | 我会尽快打给你 |
[30:46] | Hi, Neal. This is Allison Dubois again. | 尼尔 又是艾莉森·迪布瓦 |
[30:48] | Sorry to leave you another message. | 抱歉又给你留言 |
[30:50] | Just, uh, calling to make sure that you check in | 打给你是希望你别忘了明天和 |
[30:52] | With detective Scanlon tomorrow. | 斯坎隆探员的见面 |
[30:55] | Um, if you get this, can you call me in the morning? | 如果你听到的话 明早能给我打个电话吗 |
[30:59] | I don’t understand why this guy won’t call either one of us back. | 我不明白他为什么不回电话 |
[31:02] | Maybe he’s afraid to confront the guy who shot him. | 也许他怕当面指正开枪打他的那个人 |
[31:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:06] | When the doctors told Neal that he was paralyzed, | 当医生告诉尼尔他要瘫痪的时候 |
[31:09] | He basically just ignored them. He doesn’t really strike me | 他基本上无视他们的话 他不是 |
[31:11] | As the kind of guy who’s short on courage. | 那种缺少勇气的人 |
[31:16] | What are you reading so intently? | 看什么呢 看的这么认真 |
[31:17] | I thought you didn’t have to do any work with your new job. | 我想你一定没为你的新工作做准备 |
[31:20] | I don’t. But I did. | 是没有 但是我做过 |
[31:22] | I took your advice, | 我接受了你的建议 |
[31:24] | And I tried to show him what I got. | 我尽量展示我的工作成果 |
[31:26] | Unfortunately, when he saw it, | 不幸的是 当他看见的时候 |
[31:27] | He couldn’t have been less impressed. | 他甚至都不为所动 |
[31:29] | Hmm. So this is my boss’s solution | 这就是老板对待我绞尽脑汁 |
[31:31] | To a problem that I spent the whole morning working on, | 工作一上午的问题的解决方法 |
[31:32] | And he dashed it off while eating a tuna sandwich. | 他吃着金枪鱼三明治就否决了它 |
[31:35] | Read through it four times now, and you know what? | 看了四遍以后 |
[31:37] | It’s better than what I came up with. Way better. | 比我设计得好 更好的方法 |
[31:41] | I can see why the company puts up with this guy’s quirks. | 我明白为什么公司会容忍这家伙的怪异了 |
[31:44] | You know, it’s-it’s a shame that this much talent | 这样的才华给一个不会待人处事的人 |
[31:46] | Is attached to a guy with zero people skills. | 是多么可惜啊 |
[31:50] | Well… It’s a shame, | 是很遗憾 |
[31:52] | But at least it won’t be your problem anymore. | 但至少不是你的问题 |
[31:54] | That’s right ’cause I’m gonna do | 对 因为我要去 |
[31:56] | Some really interesting thing with turbines. | 和涡轮相伴做些有趣的事了 |
[31:58] | Authorities have cracked the coded message | 官方解密了那个所谓的天秤杀手 |
[32:02] | That was left with the latest victim | 留在上一个受害人 |
[32:03] | Of the so-called libra slayer, though apparently the note | 身上的信息 很明显这个符号 |
[32:07] | Has given them no further clues to the identity of the murderer. | 没有进一步的证据证明凶手的身份 |
[32:10] | And in other news, President Bill Clinton today vowed | 下一条新闻 比尔·克林顿总统表示 |
[32:13] | To fight impeachment char… | 会对弹劾反抗到底 |
[32:26] | Car keys and your wallet, now! | 把钱包和钥匙交出来 马上 |
[32:29] | Come on. Give me your wallet! | 快点 把钱包给我 |
[32:32] | Give me your wallet right now. | 把钱包给我 快点 |
[32:34] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好 好 我给 |
[32:35] | Now your keys. Let’s go. | 还有车钥匙 拿出来 |
[32:38] | – Let’s go! – Man, let me…let me have my car. | -拿出来 -伙计 让我把车开走吧 |
[32:41] | I just need to get to work and, you know… | 我还要去工作 |
[32:42] | You don’t give me those keys, | 不交出钥匙的话 |
[32:44] | You’re not going to need anything ever again. | 你就再也不用去工作了 |
[33:29] | So wait a second. You’re telling me | 等一下 你是说 |
[33:30] | That guy that limped in here the other day | 那天在这儿拄着拐杖的瘸子 |
[33:32] | With the cane…was the Libra Slayer? | 就是…天秤杀手吗 |
[33:36] | Neal Greybridge, yes, it’s him. | 尼尔·格雷布瑞吉 对 就是他 |
[33:38] | Really? ‘Cause that guy can barely get around. How does it work? | 真的吗 他行动不便 怎么杀人 |
[33:42] | Does he park in a handicapped spot before he kills someone? | 他杀人前会把车停在残疾人车位吗 |
[33:45] | I’m telling you it’s him, Lee. I saw it. | 我告诉你就是他 李 我亲眼所见 |
[33:47] | The original killings stopped eleven years ago | 凶手十一年前突然停手 |
[33:49] | Right after Neal got shot. | 而尼尔那时正好遭受了枪击 |
[33:51] | They started again as soon as he was well enough to get around. | 现在他一能走动凶杀案就再次出现 |
[33:54] | And you want to know why the killer’s suddenly left-handed? | 你知道凶手为什么突然变成了左撇子吗 |
[33:58] | ‘Cause he can’t use his right hand. | 因为他没法用右手 |
[33:59] | He’s got a bullet lodged in his spine. | 子弹击中了他的脊椎 |
[34:03] | That sure would explain a lot of things. | 那确实可以解释很多事情 |
[34:05] | – Like the handprint. – What handprint? | -比如手印 -什么手印 |
[34:06] | Eleven years go, the original detectives on the case | 十一年前的调查发现 |
[34:09] | Discovered a partial handprint on one of the letters | 天秤杀手在其中一封信上 |
[34:11] | That the Libra Slayer left behind. | 留下了残缺的手印 |
[34:13] | They were sure that was the piece of evidence | 大家都认为这个证据 |
[34:15] | That was gonna help them put John David Boatner away. | 足以将约翰·大卫·伯特纳送进监狱 |
[34:17] | The only problem was | 但唯一的问题就是 |
[34:19] | It didn’t match. It wasn’t his print. | 手印不匹配 那不是他的手印 |
[34:23] | Bring Neal Greybridge in. Take his print. | 把尼尔·格雷布瑞吉带来 提取他的手印 |
[34:25] | If I’m wrong, you’ll have lost a couple hours. | 如果我错了 你也只是浪费了几小时 |
[34:28] | If I’m right… | 如果我是对的 |
[34:31] | Maybe this whole thing will be over. | 这案子就结了 |
[34:36] | Keith, you got a minute? | 基思 你有空吗 |
[34:38] | Actually, I don’t. | 实际上 我没空 |
[34:40] | Just one minute. | 就一分钟 |
[34:41] | Promise. I just want to talk to you about that transfer. | 我保证 我只是想跟你谈谈交换的事 |
[34:44] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[34:45] | It’s just gonna take a couple days | 只是要花上几天 |
[34:47] | To get through human resources. | 完成人力资源的交接 |
[34:48] | I know that. Thing is, I don’t want it. | 我知道 但我不想调走 |
[34:53] | Really? | 真的 |
[34:54] | I knew it. | 我知道了 |
[34:58] | Suddenly, you realize the idea of a couple years of free money | 突然间 你意识到不劳而获 |
[35:01] | Isn’t so heinous, huh? | 其实也不赖 对吧 |
[35:03] | Uh, no. No, actually, it wasn’t that. | 不是 不是这样 |
[35:06] | Uh, I read your notes. | 我看了你的笔记 |
[35:07] | Your solution to the wiring problem–it’s smart. | 你对线路问题的解决方法很巧妙 |
[35:11] | Scary smart. | 非常巧妙 |
[35:15] | Oh, well, that’s…okay. Thanks. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[35:20] | You’re welcome. Thing is, I don’t want | 不用谢 我不想 |
[35:21] | To transfer away from that kind of thinking. | 从这样的天才身边调走 |
[35:23] | No good engineer would. | 一个好的工程师是不会这样做的 |
[35:26] | Yeah, well, uh…this isn’t really about what you want. | 是啊 但这不是你想不想的问题 |
[35:31] | I’m not so sure. | 那不一定吧 |
[35:34] | See, you need my help, man. | 你需要我的帮助 哥们 |
[35:36] | You don’t know it yet, but you need my help. | 你也许不知道 但你需要我的帮助 |
[35:39] | You’re clearly brilliant. You’re brilliant enough to | 毫无疑问你非常聪明 聪明到 |
[35:41] | Get away with this Howard Hughes act up until now. | 能逃脱霍华德·休斯法案到现在 |
[35:43] | But I guarantee you you’re gonna get caught | 但我向你保证你迟早会被逮住 |
[35:46] | ‘Cause you’re not doing your best work. | 因为你没有做到最好 |
[35:47] | Nobody does their best work in a vacuum. | 没人能在与世隔绝的环境中做到最好 |
[35:50] | Now, you need someone to bounce your ideas off, | 现在你需要别人对你的想法发表意见 |
[35:52] | Somebody to check your thinking against. | 对你的想法进行核对 |
[35:54] | Somebody who’s smart enough to keep pace with you | 那个人能跟上你的脚步 |
[35:56] | And someone who’s gonna call you on your crap. | 还能在你的想法没用时告诉你 |
[35:58] | I think I’m that guy. | 我想那个人就是我 |
[36:02] | So think about it. | 好好考虑一下吧 |
[36:04] | If you agree, call off the transfer. | 如果你同意 就取消交换 |
[36:06] | By the way, you’re gonna want to check your work | 还有 你可以查看一下你笔记的 |
[36:10] | On diagram seven, page four. I fixed it for you. | 第四页图表七 我做了一些修改 |
[36:17] | I’m in Neal Greybridge’s apartment right now. | 我现在在尼尔·格雷布瑞吉的公寓 |
[36:19] | You should see his bookshelf, | 你该来看看他的书柜 |
[36:21] | Cryptanalysis, The Codebreakers, | 《密码破译》《破译者》 |
[36:23] | Pretty much everything that’s ever been | 有很多关于 |
[36:24] | Written on the subject of encryption. | 加密的书 |
[36:26] | Are you bringing him in? | 你要把他带来了吗 |
[36:28] | I’m not bringing him anywhere. | 我还不能带他去任何地方 |
[36:29] | Not right now, anyway. He’s gone. | 现在不行 他跑了 |
[36:31] | A neighbor told me she saw Neal packing up his car | 一个邻居说她看见尼尔收拾好他的车 |
[36:33] | And driving off in a hurry. | 匆匆忙忙走了 |
[36:35] | This was the day before yesterday. | 那是前天的事了 |
[36:37] | So, uh, something must have spooked him. | 肯定有什么事把他吓跑了 |
[36:40] | Oh, my god, Lee, I scared him off. | 天啊 李 是我把他吓跑的 |
[36:43] | I told him that I’d been dreaming about him. | 是我告诉他我梦到了他 |
[36:45] | I even found the man who’d shot him. | 我甚至看到了朝他开枪的人 |
[36:47] | He must have figured it was just a matter of time | 他一定意识到我发现真相 |
[36:48] | Before I learned the truth about him. | 是迟早的事 |
[36:50] | We should have him in custody right now. | 我们应该拘留他的 |
[36:52] | We would have him in custody right now | 我们得马上拘留他 |
[36:54] | If I’d just seen it sooner. | 如果我早点预见就好了 |
[36:57] | We’ll find him, Allison. It’s just a matter of time. | 我们会找到他 那只是时间问题 |
[36:59] | I’m not sure we have time, Lee. | 我不确定我们是否有足够的时间 李 |
[37:01] | Neal spent the last 11 years of his life working his way out of a hospital bed. | 尼尔在过去十一年里努力使自己康复 |
[37:05] | Getting himself strong enough to do the one thing that he really loves. | 让自己变足够强壮 去做他想做的 |
[37:08] | Now that he’s back, I don’t think he’s going | 现在他回来了 我不知觉得他会停止杀戮 |
[37:10] | To stop killing women Just because the police know who he is. | 仅仅是因为警察已知道他是谁 |
[38:19] | You okay? Al? | 你还好吗 艾尔 |
[38:22] | Wait. Shh. I got to get this down. | 等等 我要把这个记下来 |
[38:30] | Thank you, sir. I’ll be waiting by the phone. | 谢谢你 先生 我会静候在电话旁边 |
[38:35] | – Devalos got the fax. – Okay. | -德弗洛斯收到传真了 -好的 |
[38:38] | I told him what I know. | 我告诉他我所知道的 |
[38:39] | Neal Greybridge is going to leave that note | 尼尔·格雷布瑞吉会把这个纸条 |
[38:41] | At the scene of the next murder. | 留在下一个谋杀现场 |
[38:43] | The police are trying to decode it now. | 警察正在破解这些符号 |
[38:44] | Oh, well, that’s good news, right? | 那是好消息 不是吗 |
[38:47] | Um, in your dream, the murder took place | 在你的梦里 那起谋杀发生在 |
[38:49] | At 5:30 in the morning. Now it’s exactly 1:51. | 凌晨五点半 现在是临晨一点五十一 |
[38:53] | So that gives the police over three and a half hours | 那留给警方三个半小时 |
[38:54] | To try and break this thing. | 去破解这个 |
[38:56] | Yeah, well, it took the police ten hours | 是 警方上次用了十个小时 |
[38:58] | To decode the last letter, | 才能解开那些符号 |
[39:00] | So the girl will be dead by then. | 所以这女孩会死的 |
[39:02] | It’s right here. It’s right here in front of me. | 就在我眼前 发生在我眼前 |
[39:05] | Every one of his messages contains the name of the victim. | 他的每个纸条都包含了受害者的名字 |
[39:08] | He stalks them; He notes their surroundings. | 他跟踪她们 他摸清她们周边的情况 |
[39:10] | He documents everything. | 他记下所有的情况 |
[39:12] | If we could just read this, | 如果我们能够解读这个 |
[39:13] | We would know exactly who he’s gonna kill, | 我们就会知道他的下个目标会是谁 |
[39:15] | Exactly how he’s gonna do it. | 他的杀人手法会是什么 |
[39:22] | Wait a minute. I know this. | 等等 我见过这个 |
[39:25] | I know I know this. | 我知道这个 |
[39:28] | What you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[39:30] | It’s right here. I had it right here the whole time. | 在这 它一直在我旁边 |
[39:34] | What are you talking about? You had what? | 你在说什么 你有什么 |
[39:37] | This. | 这个 |
[39:45] | Isn’t that the note that you wrote To Marie’s teacher? | 那不是你写给玛丽的老师的字条吗 |
[39:49] | I need a pen. | 我需要支笔 |
[39:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[39:54] | This is the answer key. | 这就是答案 |
[39:55] | “Dear Mrs. Cezaux…” | 亲爱的舒女士 |
[39:59] | The police arrested him | 警方今晨在加尼佛利亚的 |
[40:00] | Early this morning in San Bernardino, California. | 圣本纳迪罗逮捕了他 |
[40:02] | He was trying to break into the home | 他正准备窜入 |
[40:04] | Of the woman you dreamt about. | 你梦见那个女人的家 |
[40:05] | As a matter of fact, Mr. Greybridge told us | 事实上 格雷布瑞吉先生告诉我们 |
[40:08] | He was willing to make a full confession. | 只要答应他一个条件 |
[40:10] | There’s only one condition: | 他就会供认不讳 |
[40:11] | Before he’ll issue his statement, he wants to talk to you. | 在他交代罪行之前 他想跟你谈谈 |
[40:25] | When I was in rehab, | 当我在康复中心时 |
[40:28] | They called me “a textbook example of courage, willpower” | 我就是一个勇气与毅力的活生生的例子 |
[40:37] | Nobody could believe that a man like Neal Greybridge– | 没人可以相信我这样的人 |
[40:44] | Quiet little Neal Greybridge– | 安静的尼尔·格雷布瑞吉 |
[40:47] | Could look a medical impossibility in the face, | 可以把医学上的不可能 |
[40:51] | And then step on its throat. | 狠狠的踩在脚下 |
[40:58] | Of course, what they didn’t understand | 当然 他们不了解的是 |
[41:00] | Was that Neal Greybridge | 尼尔·格雷布瑞吉 |
[41:03] | Couldn’t even make it out of his hospital bed. | 连他自己的床都下不了 |
[41:12] | It takes an incredible sense of purpose | 那需要达成目标的强烈决心 |
[41:15] | To achieve a miracle like that. | 才能实现那样的奇迹 |
[41:19] | And the part that I showed the world, | 我向世人展示的那一面 |
[41:22] | The part that everybody knew as “Neal Greybridge”… | 每个人都知道那一面的尼尔·格雷布瑞吉 |
[41:28] | He didn’t have that sense of purpose. No. | 他已经放弃了 没有 |
[41:35] | The man that had the strength and the courage | 那个有能力和勇气能 |
[41:44] | Get out of bed and walk again… | 重新站起来走路的尼尔·格雷布瑞吉 |
[41:50] | That man is a part that I kept secret. | 我一直把他隐藏着 |
[41:58] | It’s a part that still had work to do. | 那一面的我还需要慢慢改善 |
[42:02] | It’s a part that had to get out of bed | 那一面的我不得不离开床榻 |
[42:04] | And had to stand again and walk again. | 重新站起来 重新走路 |
[42:10] | If you say so. | 如你所说 |
[42:15] | Why are you telling me this? | 你问什么要跟我说这些 |
[42:19] | Because you are the only person | 因为你是唯一个 |
[42:22] | That’s ever actually seen that part of me and lived. | 知道我不为人知的一面还活着的 |
[42:33] | Now that you know everything about me, I’m curious. | 现在你知道了我所有的一切 我很好奇 |
[42:40] | Do you see me the way that I see myself? | 你对我的看法跟我的一样吗 |
[42:45] | I see an egoist… | 我看见的是自私 |
[42:49] | Self-centered, self-involved… | 以自我为中心 活在自己世界里的 |
[42:53] | A murderer… | 杀人犯 |
[42:56] | Cowardly murderer… | 胆小如鼠的杀人犯 |
[43:00] | A waste. | 渣滓 |
[43:05] | Will there be anything else? | 还有什么事吗 |