时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You think she got in? | 你认为她被录取了么 |
[00:04] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[00:06] | I mean, it’s kind of thick. | 我是说 厚的挺好 |
[00:08] | Thick is good, right? | 厚的好啊 不是吗 |
[00:09] | Thick is good. Thick is good. | 厚的好 厚的好 |
[00:11] | You want to take a look? | 你想看吗 |
[00:13] | What are you talking about? We can’t take a look. | 你在说什么啊 我们不能看 |
[00:15] | It’s addressed to Ariel. | 是寄给艾丽尔的 |
[00:16] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[00:17] | Come on, no one will know. | 来吧 没人会知道 |
[00:19] | You just steam open the envelope right here and then you reseal it. | 你就激动地打开信封检查一下 |
[00:22] | No. Joe, come on. | 不行 乔 别这样 |
[00:23] | Cornell’s her dream school. | 康奈尔是她梦寐以求的大学 |
[00:26] | Ariel should be the one to find out first if she got in. | 艾丽尔应该第一个知道她是否被录取 |
[00:35] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[00:36] | Dad? Anybody home? | 爸爸 你们在家吗 |
[00:37] | Home, yes, yes, we’re home. Here we are. | 在家 是的 我们在呢 在这里 |
[00:40] | We’re just waiting in the kitchen. | 我们在厨房里呢 |
[00:42] | Just growing older by the minute. | 一会功夫又变老了 |
[00:44] | Waiting for you… | 等着你… |
[00:47] | Oh, I didn’t know you were with somebody. | 不知道你带了人来 |
[00:50] | Um, mom, dad, this is my friend Kyle Covington. | 妈妈 爸爸 这是我朋友凯尔·科温顿 |
[00:54] | Ms. Dubois. | 迪布瓦太太 |
[00:56] | Hi. Nice to meet you, Kyle. | 认识你很高兴 凯尔 |
[00:59] | Mr. Dubois. | 迪布瓦先生 |
[01:00] | It’s nice to meet you, Kyle. | 凯尔 很高兴认识你 |
[01:01] | You’re just in time. | 来得正是时候 |
[01:02] | Ariel’s just about to open a letter | 艾丽尔准备拆信 |
[01:03] | That she got from the admissions office at Cornell University. | 她收到康奈尔大学寄来的入学通知 |
[01:09] | Or you could just leave it there | 或者你可以不管它 |
[01:11] | And watch while your father has a heart attack. | 看着你父亲心脏病发作 |
[01:13] | Your call. | 你说了算 |
[01:15] | Um… You know what, | 知道吗 |
[01:19] | It kind of doesn’t matter. | 那个不重要 |
[01:21] | What do you mean it doesn’t matter? | 不重要是什么意思 |
[01:24] | It’s Cornell. It’s your dream school. | 是康奈尔 你梦寐以求的大学 |
[01:34] | It doesn’t matter because I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 所以这不重要了 |
[01:40] | Bad dream. | 噩梦 |
[01:43] | The worst ever. | 是最糟糕的 |
[02:34] | So this mystery kid Kyle– did he seem nice? | 这个神秘男孩凯尔 他看上去友好吗 |
[02:37] | Was he nice? | 友好? |
[02:38] | Yeah, you’re saying that he’s going to be the father of my grandchild, | 是的 你说他准备当我外孙的爸爸了 |
[02:41] | And that’s like, you know, | 就好像 |
[02:42] | It’s like Christmases and thanksgivings and birthdays. | 圣诞节 感恩节 生日一样 |
[02:44] | And I just want to know if I was going to like the guy. | 我只是想知道会不会喜欢这家伙 |
[02:46] | I can’t believe you’re joking about all this. | 真不敢相信你还拿这事开玩笑 |
[02:49] | She’s giving up her future– everything she’s worked for. | 她放弃了前途 放弃了她一切的努力 |
[02:52] | And you’re asking me if the kid she’s giving it up for is nice? | 你却问我是不是因为他帅才让她放弃的 |
[02:55] | Do you really think that this is one of those dreams? | 你真的认为这也是那种梦 |
[02:58] | I mean, even I’ve had dreams like that. | 我是说 我也梦到过类似的事 |
[03:00] | Every parent with a daughter has dreams like that. | 每个父母都会梦到女儿那样的 |
[03:03] | What are you looking for anyway? | 你在找什么呢 |
[03:06] | The camcorder. | 便携式摄像机 |
[03:07] | I thought I had it in the case. | 我记得放这个箱子里了 |
[03:09] | I want to tape Bridgette at the clarinet recital she’s got. | 我想录下布里奇特的黑管表演 |
[03:12] | I want to make sure it’s charged. | 要确认一下有没有电 |
[03:13] | I think I saw the girls playing with it the other day. | 我记得看见孩子们某天拿着玩来着 |
[03:17] | Have you taken a look in there? | 那里找过了吗 |
[03:22] | Aha, here it is. | 在这里 |
[03:25] | Why didn’t I know that? | 我怎么没想到这里 |
[03:27] | Okay, now one bar in camcorder. | 好的 就一段视频 |
[03:31] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[03:36] | Really! | 是吗 |
[03:42] | Did you tape this? | 是你录的 |
[03:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:45] | Why, Bridge? | 为什么 布里奇 |
[03:47] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[03:48] | He’s funny. | 他很有趣 |
[03:50] | No, that is not right. | 不 这不对 |
[03:51] | Just because you think this man’s funny, | 就因为你觉得他有趣 |
[03:53] | Doesn’t mean you can tape him without telling him. | 不意味着你可以录下他还不告诉他 |
[03:55] | He’s our neighbor and you violated his privacy. | 他是我们的邻居 你侵犯了他的隐私 |
[03:57] | No, not really. | 不 不全是 |
[03:58] | He doesn’t even know about it. | 他根本不知道有录像 |
[03:59] | No, just because he doesn’t know about it | 不 他不知道 |
[04:01] | Doesn’t mean it’s not a violation. | 并不意味着不是侵犯 |
[04:02] | What are we going to do about this, huh? | 关于这个我们该怎么办 |
[04:04] | You’re not going to make me apologize, are you? | 不会让我去道歉吧 |
[04:07] | Because then he would know about it, | 因为那样他就知道录像的事了 |
[04:09] | And that would just make things worse, right? | 那样只会让事情更糟 对吗 |
[04:11] | The first thing I’m going to do is I’m going to delete this, | 首先 我要做的就是删除录像 |
[04:14] | And the second thing I’m going to do is | 其次 我准备 |
[04:15] | I’m going to forbid you from using this camera again. | 禁止你再使用摄像机 |
[04:17] | Go to your room and finish getting ready for school. | 回房间去 准备上学 |
[04:20] | You too, tonto. | 你也是 小鬼头 |
[04:21] | Girls, come on. | 孩子们 快点 |
[04:23] | Five minutes and we’re out of here. | 五分钟后我们外面集合 |
[04:28] | So, um, I was wondering– | 问一下… |
[04:32] | Would it be okay if I came home after dinner tonight? | 我晚饭以后回来可以吗 |
[04:35] | What’s going on? | 有什么事吗 |
[04:37] | Well, I have S.A.T. Prep this afternoon, | 今天下午我们有一次高考模拟考 |
[04:39] | And then I was going to go over to my friend Casey’s house. | 之后我想去卡西那里复习 |
[04:42] | We have an A.P. Chem test this Wednesday | 周三的化学预科课有个测试 |
[04:43] | And we were going to study together. | 我们准备一起复习 |
[04:45] | I guess so. | 这样啊 |
[04:47] | But who’s Casey? Do we know her? | 卡西是谁 我们认识她吗 |
[04:50] | No, you don’t know her. | 你们不认识她 |
[04:52] | And don’t get crazy, but… | 先说好了别生气 |
[04:56] | Casey’s not a her. | 卡西不是女生 |
[04:58] | A boy? | 是男生吗 |
[05:01] | Well, when were you going to tell us this? | 你打算什么时候才和我们说呢 |
[05:04] | I’m telling you now. | 现在不是说了嘛 |
[05:09] | So, uh, is this a boy you study with, or…? | 他只是你的学习伙伴还是… |
[05:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:16] | I mean, we like each other. | 我们俩彼此有好感 |
[05:18] | And then we hang out. | 我们一起去散步 |
[05:19] | We haven’t gone on a date yet or anything. | 但是还没约过会什么的 |
[05:23] | So, is it okay? | 那我晚点回来可以吗 |
[05:25] | Well, I guess I’m just a little confused. | 恐怕…有一点小问题 |
[05:30] | Um, did, um, did Casey’s mom invite you to dinner? | 卡西的妈妈有请你去吃晚饭吗 |
[05:37] | I mean, I don’t know, he mentioned it. | 我不知道 他提过… |
[05:40] | So I-I don’t know if his mother is, you know… | 所以我还不知道他妈妈是不是… |
[05:43] | I’ll tell you what, why don’t you guys go do the S.A.T. Prep | 我有个建议 考完试之后 |
[05:47] | And then you and Casey come back here. | 你可以让卡西上我们家来 |
[05:50] | You-you want me to bring him here? | 你让我带他来我们家吗 |
[05:54] | Yeah. Sure, why not? | 是啊 有什么不行的 |
[05:56] | We got food, we got dinner. | 我们来准备晚餐 |
[05:58] | You guys can study in the living room. | 你们在客厅里复习 |
[06:01] | Sounds good to me. | 这个建议不错 |
[06:04] | You think it over, okay, honey? | 宝贝 你考虑一下吧 |
[06:07] | And talk about it with Casey. | 等会和卡西商量一下 |
[06:09] | But either way, I want you back here for dinner. | 总之呢 我希望你能回家吃晚饭 |
[06:13] | Great. | 好吧 |
[06:16] | The guy’s name is Earl Sanderson. 55. | 死者名叫厄尔·桑德森 55岁 |
[06:21] | Window was jimmied. A couple things missing. | 窗户被人撬开了 丢了一些东西 |
[06:24] | It kind of looks like a robbery gone wrong, right? | 感觉好像强盗搞错了 是吧 |
[06:26] | I don’t know. Why are you looking at me? | 我不知道啊 你看着我干什么 |
[06:29] | I’m not even sure why you want me here. | 我都不知道你让我来干嘛 |
[06:31] | The guy’s facedown in the fridge. | 死者面朝下死在冰箱里 |
[06:33] | Facedown. | 面朝下 |
[06:34] | What’s he doing, offering the robber a beer? | 他当时在干什么呢 给强盗拿啤酒吗 |
[06:36] | Or did the petty thief break in, realize that the guy was home | 还是说 小偷闯进来之后发现有人在家 |
[06:40] | And shoot in the back ’cause he relished the idea of | 然后从背后杀了死者就是因为他想起来 |
[06:41] | Turning his breaking and entering into a crime | 私闯民宅的罪 |
[06:44] | That would get him either life or the electric chair? | 足可以让他坐上电椅 |
[06:46] | I don’t know– my spidey sense is telling me that | 我不知道 我的第六感告诉我 |
[06:48] | All is not what it appears to be, | 事实不是我们所看到的这样 |
[06:50] | And I was hoping that my friend that sometimes sees things | 我希望我的那个能看到隐藏在 |
[06:51] | That aren’t there might help to shed some light. | 表象之下东西的朋友可以给我们指明方向 |
[06:54] | We got a partial sneaker print off the dirt outside the window, | 我们在窗户外面发现了几个可疑的鞋印 |
[06:59] | But other than that, I got nothing. | 除此之外 别无线索 |
[07:02] | No! no, please! | 不要 不要 求你了 |
[07:04] | No, no, please! | 不要啊 求你了 |
[07:07] | Please, please, please don’t do this! | 求求你了 求求你别这样 |
[07:10] | Please don’t do this to me! | 不要这样对我 |
[07:13] | Someone help! help! | 有人吗 救命啊 |
[07:15] | Help me! | 救救我啊 |
[07:17] | Help me! help me! | 救命 救命 |
[07:20] | Someone, help! | 谁来救救我吧 |
[07:23] | Please, please don’t do this! | 求你了 别这样 |
[07:25] | Please, please… | 求你了 求求你 |
[07:26] | Why are you doing this to me?! | 你为什么这样对我啊 |
[07:28] | Please, please don’t do this! | 求你了 求你不要这样 |
[07:31] | No, no, no! | 不 不 |
[07:33] | No! | 不 |
[07:42] | You know what | 你知道吗 |
[07:44] | I don’t think I’m going to be able to tell you who killed this man. | 我想我还不知道是谁杀了他 |
[07:48] | But I might be able to tell you about somebody this man killed. | 但是我可以告诉你他杀过人 |
[08:05] | I’m sorry, man, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 老兄 抱歉 |
[08:09] | You got to come over and see this thing | 你过来看一下这个 |
[08:10] | My buddy forwarded me. | 我朋友让我看的 |
[08:12] | This dude is freaking out. | 这老伙计快崩溃了 |
[08:14] | Come here. | 快来 |
[08:15] | Come here. | 过来看 |
[08:18] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[08:31] | Your friend found this on the internet? | 你朋友在网上搜到的 |
[08:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:34] | This guy’s hilarious. | 这老伙计老逗了 |
[08:38] | Okay, who is this man? | 好吧 那男的是谁 |
[08:40] | Do we know his name? | 你知道他叫什么吗 |
[08:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:43] | He’s just some guy. Some guy that lives around here. | 他就是一个住在我们附近的某人 |
[08:46] | Some guy? | 某人 |
[08:48] | Bridgette, he’s a person. | 布里奇特 他是一个活生生的人 |
[08:50] | He has feelings. | 他有感情的 |
[08:51] | Now you’ve exposed him to public ridicule. | 可是你把他变成了大众笑料了 |
[08:53] | Last time I looked | 上回我看到 |
[08:55] | Thousands of people had clicked on the video, | 成千上万的人点击那段视频 |
[08:58] | And there are 60 or 70 comments, so… | 而且还有六七十条评论 |
[09:00] | After dinner, you and your dad are taking those videos down. | 吃完饭之后你和你爸去把视频删掉 |
[09:03] | And then you’re banned from the computer. | 以后再也不准你碰电脑了 |
[09:04] | Until when?! | 那什么时候可以再碰啊 |
[09:05] | Until I say you’re not. | 到我说可以碰的时候 |
[09:07] | Mom, dad? | 老爸老妈 |
[09:10] | Be nice to your sister’s friend. | 好好招待你大姐的朋友 |
[09:12] | In the kitchen. | 都在厨房呢 |
[09:15] | Um, mom, dad, this is my friend Casey. | 老爸老妈 这位是我的朋友卡西 |
[09:19] | Casey, this is my family. | 卡西 这是我的家人 |
[09:21] | There’s another sister running around here somewhere. | 还有一个妹妹大概在别的地方 |
[09:23] | I’m Kyle, Kyle Covington. | 我叫凯尔 凯尔·科温顿 |
[09:26] | Everyone calls me Casey. | 叫我卡西就行 |
[09:28] | Mrs. Dubois. | 迪布瓦女士 |
[09:32] | I know that you dreamt that this kid got Ariel pregnant, | 你梦到那个男孩让艾丽尔怀孕 |
[09:35] | – And wrecked her future and everything, but… -But? | -毁了她的将来和一切 -但是 |
[09:37] | But I don’t know, but he seemed kind of nice to me. | 但我不知道 他对我很友好 |
[09:43] | He did. | 确实 |
[09:44] | He was polite and respectful. | 他彬彬有礼 |
[09:45] | And he seemed kind of smart. | 聪明伶俐 |
[09:47] | And he acted like he genuinely cared for Ariel. | 他看上去真心喜欢艾丽尔 |
[09:49] | I mean, we can’t lock her up until she’s 25. | 我们不能总对她严加看管 |
[09:51] | So forgive me if I take some comfort in the fact | 原谅我对此稍感欣慰 |
[09:54] | That she’s found someone who’s nice. | 她找到了不错的男友 |
[09:55] | No, you’re right, I take it back. Lucky us. | 没错 这么说来 我们真够幸运的 |
[09:57] | Our daughter’s going to be impregnated by a boy who’s nice. | 我们的女儿将怀上这个不错的男孩的孩子 |
[10:02] | All’s right with the world. | 一切安然无恙 |
[10:04] | You don’t know that. | 你不懂 |
[10:05] | Yeah, I do. | 我懂 |
[10:06] | No, you don’t know that. | 不 你不懂 |
[10:09] | First of all, you’ve told me yourself, | 首先 你亲口对我说 |
[10:10] | Your intuition about these things | 你的直觉 |
[10:12] | Is notoriously unreliable when it comes to loved ones. | 一旦用于亲人就极不灵验 |
[10:14] | And second of all, if Ariel really– | 其次 如果艾丽尔真的 |
[10:17] | If she was like– irresponsible in that way, | 如果她对自己那样不负责任 |
[10:20] | Do you think that she’d allow herself to miss out on college? | 你认为她会允许自己错失读大学的良机吗 |
[10:24] | Come on, not Ariel. | 不可能是艾丽尔 |
[10:26] | Not the Ariel I know. | 不是我了解的艾丽尔 |
[10:27] | Not if she was pregnant with octuplets. | 除非她怀了八胞胎 |
[10:29] | So how about we forget about the kid | 别去想我们不认识的男孩 |
[10:31] | That we don’t know, and consider the kid that we do. | 多关心我们自己的孩子吧 |
[10:33] | Cause I got to tell you, that this dream you had, | 因为我要告诉你 你的梦 |
[10:35] | It strikes me less as a cautionary tale about premarital sex, | 对我而言与其说是有关婚前性行为的忠告 |
[10:38] | And more like the anxious fears of a mother who’s a little bit nervous | 不如说是一个母亲焦虑的担忧 |
[10:41] | About the first boy who’s ever come home for dinner. | 她紧张不安 因为第一次有男孩来家里做客 |
[10:48] | Hello. | 喂 |
[10:50] | Sorry to call so late, | 抱歉这么晚打电话给你 |
[10:51] | But you know that composite you worked up this afternoon? | 关于你今天下午的幻觉 |
[10:54] | I had someone compare it to our missing persons database. | 我叫人比对了失踪人口数据库 |
[10:57] | I think we may have found a match. | 结果有一人吻合 |
[10:58] | Name’s Angelo Filipelli. | 他叫安吉洛·菲利佩里 |
[11:01] | Small-time thief, bunch of petty crimes. | 做惯了小偷小摸的勾当 |
[11:02] | But, uh, I got to tell you, | 但是 我得告诉你 |
[11:04] | If Earl Sanderson really did bury this guy in concrete, | 如果厄尔·桑德森真的用水泥活埋了这家伙 |
[11:06] | I highly doubt that’s the reason he got shot last night. | 我高度怀疑这就是他昨晚被射杀的原因 |
[11:09] | W-why do you say that? | 此话怎讲 |
[11:11] | Because Angelo Filipelli was reported missing in 1992, | 因为记录显示安吉洛·菲利佩里1992年失踪 |
[11:16] | And no one’s seen the guy since. | 此后踪迹全无 |
[11:56] | You’re sure it was Casey? | 你确定是卡西吗 |
[11:57] | Yeah, I’m positive. | 是的 我肯定 |
[11:59] | He was carrying a gun and he was | 他拿着枪 |
[12:01] | stalking that-that petty thief, | 悄悄跟踪那个小偷 |
[12:03] | That dead man that I saw yesterday– Earl Sanderson. | 我昨天见到的死者 厄尔·桑德森 |
[12:06] | I don’t know. | 我不明白 |
[12:07] | That kid that we met yesterday, | 我们昨天见到的男孩 |
[12:09] | He doesn’t seem like the kind to stalk anybody. | 看起来不像会跟踪别人 |
[12:12] | Much less use a gun. | 更不会持枪杀人 |
[12:13] | Well, I’m telling you, it was him. | 我说了 就是他 |
[12:15] | You didn’t happen to notice | 你没有注意到 |
[12:16] | What kind of shoes he was wearing, did you? | 他穿怎样的鞋子 对吧 |
[12:18] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么啦 |
[12:19] | Well, because the police | 好吧 因为警方 |
[12:20] | Found a sneaker print outside Sanderson’s window. | 在桑德森家的窗外发现一只运动鞋的鞋印 |
[12:23] | Well, don’t worry about it. | 好了 别担心 |
[12:24] | I’ll ask Casey myself when we question him today. | 今天我们审问他时 我会亲自问他 |
[12:27] | When you what? | 什么时候 |
[12:31] | When we question him. | 我们审问他的时候 |
[12:32] | A man was murdered, Joe, shot in cold blood. | 一男子遭谋杀 乔 凶手冷血无情 |
[12:34] | Yeah, I know that. | 是 我知道 |
[12:35] | But this kid that we’re talking about, | 但我们正谈论的这个男孩 |
[12:36] | This is, this is our daughter’s friend. | 他可是我们女儿的朋友 |
[12:38] | And truthfully, the only reason that you think | 说实话 你认为 |
[12:40] | That he might be involved is ’cause you had a dream. | 他涉及这件案子的唯一理由是你做的梦 |
[12:42] | Isn’t that reason enough? | 这个理由还不够充分吗 |
[12:44] | Of course it’s reason enough. | 当然够充分 |
[12:45] | I’m just asking you to consider | 我只是想让你考虑到 |
[12:46] | The possible repercussions of what you’re about to do here. | 你这么做可能导致的不良后果 |
[12:49] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[12:50] | You’re going to question this boy, | 你审问这个男孩 |
[12:51] | He’s going to go to Ariel, | 他把这事告诉艾丽尔 |
[12:52] | And she’s going to be really upset with you. | 她会对你很不满 |
[12:54] | So what would you have me do? | 那你让我怎么办 |
[12:56] | I don’t know, wait! | 我不知道 等待 |
[12:57] | Wait for what? | 等什么 |
[12:58] | More evidence. | 更多的证据 |
[12:59] | So at least you’re sure. | 这样至少你能确定 |
[13:00] | I am sure. | 我肯定 |
[13:01] | Well, I’m not. | 但我不 |
[13:02] | Because this is our daughter’s first boyfriend. | 因为他是我们女儿的初恋 |
[13:04] | And don’t you think that maybe, | 你不认为 也许 |
[13:06] | Just maybe, this is about that? | 也许正是因为这个原因才让你梦到是他 |
[13:08] | You don’t have to be freud to suspect | 你大可不必怀疑 |
[13:10] | That there’s something else going on here. | 还有其它什么可疑的地方 |
[13:12] | That maybe you’re finding reasons not to like this boy | 你也许只是不喜欢这孩子 |
[13:15] | By inserting him into the case you’re working on. | 就把你办的案子和他联系起来 |
[13:18] | You really think that? | 你真这样想 |
[13:19] | I don’t know what I think. | 我不知道 |
[13:20] | Just tread lightly, okay? | 小心处理这事 好吗 |
[13:21] | Tread lightly. | 小心处理 |
[13:23] | Well, I’m dropping off the girls | 我送孩子上学去 |
[13:25] | And I’m meeting Lee at the high school. | 就和李在学校见面 |
[13:26] | To the high school?! | 在学校见 |
[13:28] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:30] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道怎么跟你说 |
[13:32] | I’ve never seen this man before. | 我没见过这个人 |
[13:34] | Did something happen to him? | 他怎么了 |
[13:35] | Someone, uh, shot him. | 有人枪杀了他 |
[13:38] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[13:39] | You sure you’re okay talking to us? | 你确定和我们说话没事吗 |
[13:41] | We’d be happy to wait for your parents or a lawyer. | 我们可以等你父母和律师来 |
[13:43] | Yeah, there’s no reason to wait. | 没关系 不用等 |
[13:46] | I don’t know anything about any of this. | 我对此一无所知 |
[13:49] | And, I mean, I know Mrs. Dubois. | 而且我认识迪布瓦女士 |
[13:52] | I just really want to get back to class. | 我只是想回去上课 |
[13:57] | Just give us a second, will you? | 稍等一下 |
[14:01] | Uh, okay, I get that you know this kid. | 我知道你认识这孩子 |
[14:03] | I get that, uh, you had a dream, but, uh… | 也知道你梦到他杀人 但是… |
[14:05] | But what? Question him. | 但是什么 审问他 |
[14:07] | About what? | 问什么 |
[14:08] | He’s a good, clean-cut kid from the suburbs. | 他是个典型的邻家好孩子 |
[14:10] | The dead man’s a small-time, lowlife punk. | 死的人是个微不足道的小混混 |
[14:12] | Absent your dream, this makes no sense. | 如果不是你说梦到 这完全不合情理 |
[14:15] | Just… question him. | 只管审问他吧 |
[14:25] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:31] | So, Casey… | 卡西 |
[14:35] | I need you to tell me where you were two nights ago, | 请问两天前 |
[14:37] | Say between 10:00 at night and 2:00 in the morning. | 晚上十点到第二天凌晨两点你在哪 |
[14:42] | At home. | 在家 |
[14:44] | Doing homework and then sleeping. | 做作业 然后睡觉 |
[14:48] | Look, am I in some kind of trouble? | 我有麻烦吗 |
[14:50] | Can anybody confirm that? | 谁能证明 |
[14:53] | That, uh, you were home, I mean. | 你那时在家 |
[14:55] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[14:57] | My dad’s out of town on business, and my mom | 爸爸出差了 妈妈 |
[14:59] | Went out to dinner with friends that night. | 那天和朋友出去吃饭了 |
[15:02] | I went to sleep before she got home. | 她回来前我就睡了 |
[15:04] | I suppose if you ask her what time she got home | 可以问她什么时候回来的 |
[15:08] | And if she checked to see if I was asleep. | 也许她看过我有没有睡着 |
[15:11] | But other than that… | 再就没有其他人了 |
[15:22] | Uh, you mind if I ask what size shoe you wear? | 介意说下你的鞋子的尺码吗 |
[15:25] | Ten. | 十号 |
[15:27] | What does that matter? | 跟这有什么关系 |
[15:28] | The police found a shoe print outside | 警察在现场发现了脚印 |
[15:30] | Earl Sanderson’s… the man who was shot. | 就在这个人被杀的现场 |
[15:33] | It was the same brand and the same size that you’re wearing. | 那脚印和你鞋子的品牌和大小一样 |
[15:36] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[15:38] | Everyone has these. | 很多人都穿这种鞋 |
[15:40] | Look, Mrs. Dubois, you’d tell me | 迪布瓦夫人 你告诉我 |
[15:43] | If I was in some kind of trouble, right? | 我是不是有什么麻烦了 |
[15:46] | You’d help me? | 你得帮我 |
[15:50] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[15:52] | Casey, wait outside. | 卡西 到外面等 |
[15:53] | Mom, this is… | 妈妈 这是 |
[15:55] | I know who they are. | 我认识他们 |
[15:56] | Just pick up your things and wait outside. | 拿你的东西到外面等 |
[15:57] | Mrs. Covington, my name is Allison Dubois. | 科威顿夫人 我是艾莉森·迪布瓦 |
[16:00] | My daughter and your son are friends. | 我女儿和你儿子是朋友 |
[16:01] | I know who you are. | 我认识你 |
[16:02] | I know who both of you are. | 你们都认识 |
[16:04] | The principal called me. | 校长给我打电话 |
[16:05] | Why are you questioning my son? | 你们为何审问我儿子 |
[16:07] | What’s this about? | 关于什么事情 |
[16:08] | We received a tip | 有线报 |
[16:09] | About a young man matching your son’s description | 几天前一个凶杀现场出现的年轻人 |
[16:11] | At the scene of a homicide two nights ago. | 和你儿子的特征相符 |
[16:15] | This is a joke. | 开玩笑 |
[16:16] | My son? | 我儿子 |
[16:18] | Mrs. Covington, no one’s accusing your son of anything. | 科威顿夫人 没人为难你儿子 |
[16:20] | We’re just trying to ascertain if he knew this man. | 我们只是核实他是否认识这个人 |
[16:23] | You come marching into a public school, | 你们闯到学校 |
[16:25] | Question a 17-year-old without notifying his parents, | 审问十七岁的孩子而已不通知家长 |
[16:29] | Without giving him the chance to consult an attorney? | 也没给他找律师的机会 |
[16:31] | Honestly, we offered to let him call you. | 我们跟他说了 要他打电话给你 |
[16:33] | Excuse me, detective whoever you are, | 警探先生 |
[16:36] | This is still America, isn’t it? | 这里还是美国吗 |
[16:39] | This boy is an honor student. | 我儿子是荣誉学生 |
[16:41] | This boy is a National Scholar. | 国家奖学金获得者 |
[16:42] | And you ambush him at school | 你们在学校堵截他 |
[16:45] | To talk to him about a homicide? | 审问凶杀案 |
[16:47] | Like some kind of thug? | 把他当做凶徒一样对待 |
[16:49] | What is the name of your supervisor? | 你的上级是谁 |
[16:51] | You can just call the Chief Of Police, madam. | 你可以打电话给警察局长 女士 |
[16:53] | I think I will. | 我会的 |
[16:56] | And I think I’ll call my attorney, too. | 我也会打给我律师 |
[16:58] | And if you still have any questions for me or my son, | 如果你们还有什么问题要问我们 |
[17:01] | You should just feel free to run them by him first. | 你们应该首先通过他 |
[17:04] | Oh, and I’d appreciate it if, in the future, you, | 以后如果你女儿和你全家 |
[17:08] | Your daughter, your entire family stay away from my son. | 都离我儿子远远的 我会很高兴 |
[17:12] | Just stay away. | 离我们远点 |
[17:17] | Well, that was productive. | 还真有成效 |
[17:20] | Lee, he’s hiding something. | 李 他藏着什么秘密 |
[17:22] | Didn’t you see the look on his face | 当你向他询问他那双鞋子的时候 |
[17:24] | When you asked him about his shoes? | 你没看见他脸上的神情吗 |
[17:25] | Allison, it’s not like it’s a particularly | 艾莉森 这鞋又不是什么 |
[17:27] | Expensive or unique shoe. | 很贵或是世上仅有的鞋 |
[17:29] | And size ten is like saying I’m a righty. | 十号鞋码就像是在说我是右派 |
[17:31] | He was there, Lee, I saw him. | 他当时在那 李 我看见他了 |
[17:35] | Hey, wait, Lee, wait. | 等等 李 等等 |
[17:37] | She’s still out there. | 她怎么还在门外 |
[17:44] | Lee, look. | 李 看 |
[17:46] | What am I looking at? | 你要我看什么 |
[17:53] | No, nothing. | 不 没什么 |
[17:54] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:59] | I’m coming, I’m coming! | 来了 来了 |
[18:01] | Mr. Dubois? | 迪布瓦先生 |
[18:02] | My name is Lloyd Darby. | 我叫劳埃德·达比 |
[18:05] | You recognize me? | 你认出我了吗 |
[18:06] | I’m betting that you do. | 我打赌你一定认出来了 |
[18:09] | A lot of people recognize me these days. | 这几天许多人都认出我来了 |
[18:13] | I take it you’re aware that a young lady | 我想你已经意识到住在 |
[18:15] | Who lives in this house has been filming me, | 你家的年轻女士一直在跟拍我 |
[18:17] | Putting the videos on the internet? | 然后把录像放到网上 |
[18:19] | Yeah, that’s my daughter. | 对 是我的女儿 |
[18:20] | Uh, I’m… I’m so sorry. | 我…我真的很对不起 |
[18:24] | I…I’m terribly sorry, Mr. Darby. | 我…我真的很抱歉 达比先生 |
[18:26] | Um, I can assure you, | 我可以向你保证的是 |
[18:27] | The video is down, it’s gone. | 录像已经被删掉 不会出现了 |
[18:29] | My wife and I just found out about this last night. | 我妻子和我昨晚才知道这件事 |
[18:31] | And if there’s anything that we can do, | 如果有什么我们能够帮到你的 |
[18:33] | If there’s any way that we can make this up to you… | 有什么我们可以补偿你的… |
[18:35] | You know how many people have watched that video? | 你知道多少人看过那段录像吗 |
[18:37] | My second cousin in Maine sent me the link. | 我住在缅因州的二表兄给我发来这条链接 |
[18:42] | People point at me in the supermarket. | 超市里人们对我指指点点 |
[18:45] | They laugh at me when I’m in my car. | 当我开车经过时 我总能听见嘲笑声 |
[18:48] | Does your daughter have some reason to dislike me? | 有什么原因你的女儿对我如此的讨厌 |
[18:51] | No, no, no, no. Absolutely not. | 不 不 不 绝对不是 |
[18:53] | I mean, I know | 我知道 |
[18:54] | I’m not the most graceful man in the world. | 我不是这世上最优雅的男人 |
[18:57] | I know I’m carrying a few extra pounds. | 我也知道我体态臃肿 |
[18:59] | But I don’t think I deserve to be reminded of that | 但是我不觉得每次我走出我家 |
[19:01] | Every time I leave my house. | 我都要时时刻刻被提醒着 |
[19:03] | No, absolutely not. | 不 绝对不是 |
[19:05] | I need you to understand, | 我想要你明白 |
[19:08] | If I ever find myself on the internet again, | 如果从今往后我在发现网上出现我的录像 |
[19:11] | If your daughter ever violates my privacy, | 或是你的女儿侵犯我的隐私 |
[19:15] | I’ll have no choice but to sue you. | 那我会毫不犹豫地诉诸法律 |
[19:18] | I’ve already been in touch with a lawyer. | 我已经联系过律师了 |
[19:20] | Please don’t give me a reason | 请别给我一个理由 |
[19:23] | To have to contact him again. | 让我再次拨通他的电话 |
[19:34] | It just keeps going right to voice mail. | 一打就进入语音信箱了 |
[19:37] | Hey, Ashton Kutcher, tomorrow’s garbage day. | 喂 阿什通·库奇 明天是垃圾收集日 |
[19:40] | Cans are already out front. | 箱子已经放到院子前面了 |
[19:45] | All right, that’s it. | 好吧 我受够了 |
[19:46] | I’m calling the police. Ariel’s still not home. | 我要报警 艾丽尔还没回家 |
[19:48] | It’s after 8:30. | 都过八点半了 |
[19:49] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 |
[19:50] | Don’t do that. She’s fine, really. | 别那样 她没事的 |
[19:51] | She’s just mad, like you said she would be. | 她只是很生气 就像你说的那样 |
[19:55] | It’s my fault. | 是我的错 |
[19:56] | I…I dealt with this whole thing so stupidly. | 整件事我处理得欠考虑 |
[19:58] | I should have spoken with her, | 我应该好好跟她谈谈的 |
[19:59] | Let her know what was going on. | 让她知道到底是怎么回事 |
[20:00] | Be that as it may, she’s still not home, | 就算那样 她还没回家 |
[20:02] | It’s a school night. I’m worried. | 而且明天她还要上学 我很担心 |
[20:04] | Ariel is home. | 艾丽尔到家了 |
[20:05] | She’s outside in a car with her boyfriend. | 她在外面跟她男朋友坐在车里 |
[20:09] | Ariel! Ariel. | 艾丽尔 艾丽尔 |
[20:15] | Go away. | 走开 |
[20:20] | Ariel. | 艾丽尔 |
[20:21] | I only came home because I knew that daddy would be worried. | 我回家是因为我知道爸爸肯定会担心我 |
[20:25] | Bridgette and Marie would be worried. | 布里奇特和玛丽会担心我 |
[20:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:31] | The thing is, I… | 事实上 |
[20:33] | I wanted to tell you, I did something wrong. | 我想要告诉你 我做了件错事 |
[20:38] | You sure did. | 你是做了 |
[20:40] | No, I mean… | 不 我意思是… |
[20:42] | Honey, I should have spoken with you first, | 亲爱的 我应该先跟你沟通一下的 |
[20:44] | Let you know what was going on– that I had this dream, | 跟你说说怎么回事 说说我的梦境 |
[20:46] | That I had to question your friend… | 告诉你我必须要审问一下你的朋友 |
[20:48] | No, see, you didn’t have to do that. | 不 你可以不用那么做的 |
[20:51] | Okay, you could have come to me and asked me | 知道吗 你可以跟我说 向我询问 |
[20:54] | If he was capable of being involved | 他是会被 |
[20:56] | With something like that, of knowing anyone like that. | 卷进这件案子 或是了解凶手的情况 |
[21:00] | I saw him following that man that died. | 我看见他在跟踪那个死去的人 |
[21:02] | I saw him carrying a gun. | 我看见他还拿着把枪 |
[21:03] | You didn’t see it. | 你没有亲眼所见 |
[21:05] | Okay, you dreamt it, and you’re wrong. | 好吧 你梦见的一切是错的 |
[21:08] | You don’t know him, I do. | 你没有像我那样了解他 |
[21:10] | Well, that’s another thing. | 还有件事 |
[21:11] | I don’t want you seeing him anymore. | 我不许你再见他 |
[21:12] | – What?! – He had a gun, Ariel! | -什么 -艾丽尔 他有枪 |
[21:14] | In your dream! | 只是在你梦里 |
[21:15] | Okay, which isn’t real! | 好吗 梦境都是假的 |
[21:18] | And you can’t make me not see him. | 你不能阻止我跟他见面 |
[21:20] | Don’t test me. | 别考验我的耐性 |
[21:21] | No, no, no! where are you going with that?! | 不 不 你拿着它要去哪 |
[21:23] | You can have this back | 你可以拿回它 |
[21:25] | As soon as you agree to take my calls. | 只要你同意接我电话 |
[21:52] | Casey. | 卡西 |
[21:57] | Why didn’t you come home tonight? | 今晚你怎么没回家 |
[22:02] | Your father and I have been worried sick. | 你爸爸和我都担心死了 |
[22:04] | He went looking for you at school. | 他都去学校找你了 |
[22:08] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[22:10] | You promised me you wouldn’t come here anymore. | 你答应过我你不会再来这里了 |
[22:15] | They knew I was lying. | 他们知道我在撒谎 |
[22:17] | Ariel’s mom, that detective. | 艾丽尔的妈妈 那个侦探 |
[22:20] | They could tell I knew the man in the picture. | 他们能看出来我认识照片里的那个人 |
[22:23] | But you weren’t… Lying. | 不过 你没撒谎 |
[22:25] | You don’t know that man; you only think you do. | 你不认识那个人 你只是以为你认识 |
[22:28] | Don’t tell me what I know. | 不用你告诉我我知道什么 |
[22:32] | That man, | 那个人 |
[22:33] | Earl Sanderson, | 厄尔·桑德森 |
[22:35] | He kidnapped me, | 他绑架了我 |
[22:36] | He threw my in a hole, | 他把我扔进一个洞里 |
[22:38] | He covered me in concrete. | 用混凝土把我埋了起来 |
[22:40] | Right here. | 就是这里 |
[22:42] | Right here 17 years ago. | 十七年前 就是这里 |
[22:44] | Casey, | 卡西 |
[22:46] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[22:48] | This thing you keep telling yourself, | 你一直告诉你自己的事情 |
[22:50] | It’s not real. | 不是真的 |
[22:51] | You’re not Angelo Filipelli. | 你不是安吉洛·菲利佩里 |
[22:53] | I know you don’t believe me. | 我知道你不相信我 |
[22:59] | But I died, mom. | 我死过了 妈妈 |
[23:02] | I died here 17 years ago. | 我十七年前就死在这 |
[23:05] | I died the day I was born. | 我出生那天我就死过了 |
[23:28] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[23:30] | It’s Angelo Filipelli. | 安吉洛·菲利佩里 |
[23:32] | It’s you. | 是你 |
[23:34] | Those are X-rays generated by ground radar. | 这是X射线扫描出来的图 |
[23:38] | I convinced the police to use them | 我说服警察在格兰岱尔市的 |
[23:40] | Outside the old Sheridan’s pharmacy in Glendale. | 老谢里登药房外面扫描的 |
[23:43] | I was certain we would find nothing. | 我本以为不会有所发现 |
[23:47] | And then there it was. | 但是却找到了 |
[23:50] | A skeleton. | 一具骸骨 |
[23:52] | Someone is buried in there. | 有人被埋在那里 |
[23:55] | What difference does it make? | 这有什么区别 |
[23:57] | Why do you care? | 你为什么要关心 |
[23:58] | Well… I think that you did something really horrible, | 我想你做了很恐怖的事情 |
[24:02] | Something you may have to pay for for the rest of your life, | 你可能要用一辈子去偿还 |
[24:05] | And I want to help you. | 我想帮助你 |
[24:08] | You really think I killed that guy, don’t you? | 你真以为我杀了那个人 是吧 |
[24:14] | I’ve always known… | 我一直都知道 |
[24:18] | As long as I can remember, my name is not kyle Covington. | 从我记事起 我的名字就不是凯尔·科温顿 |
[24:23] | It’s Angelo Filipelli. | 是安吉洛·菲利佩里 |
[24:25] | And I don’t know why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[24:27] | Okay? It just is. | 好吧 就是这么回事 |
[24:29] | I know all about his life. | 我知道他的一切 |
[24:31] | I can do the things he could do. | 他能做的 我都可以做到 |
[24:34] | When I was five, I could fix a car. | 我五岁时就能修理汽车 |
[24:36] | I just could. | 我就是能做到 |
[24:38] | Check it out. | 看吧 |
[24:40] | Angelo Filipelli was a mechanic. | 安吉洛·菲利佩里是个汽车修理工 |
[24:42] | I know about how he died, too. | 我也知道他是怎么死的 |
[24:46] | He was killed… | 他被杀了 |
[24:49] | I was killed… | 我被杀了 |
[24:52] | By a tall guy with a limp and a ponytail. | 被一个高个子梳着马尾的瘸子杀了 |
[24:59] | This doesn’t surprise me at all. | 这一点也没吓到我 |
[25:04] | I go there all the time. | 我成天去那 |
[25:06] | I just stare at it. | 就一直盯着那 |
[25:10] | One time, I’m there, and… | 有一次 我在那里 |
[25:13] | This man shows up. | 这家伙出现了 |
[25:16] | I knew who he was. | 我知道他是谁 |
[25:18] | He was still wearing that stupid ponytail. | 他还是梳着那个愚蠢的马尾 |
[25:21] | I followed him back to his apartment. | 我跟踪到他家 |
[25:24] | You know, I kept wondering | 你知道吗 我一直在想 |
[25:26] | If there was something I was supposed to do. | 我是不是应该做些什么 |
[25:29] | Kill him, maybe? | 或许是杀了他 |
[25:32] | But I’m no killer. | 但我不是个杀人犯 |
[25:35] | And Angelo Filipelli, he’s no killer. | 安吉洛·菲利佩里 他也不是凶手 |
[25:39] | Look, I’m telling you the truth. | 我在告诉你真相 |
[25:42] | Mrs. Dubois, you have to believe me. | 迪布瓦夫人 你得相信我 |
[25:47] | Does she know about all this? | 她知道这些事情吗 |
[25:50] | No. | 不 |
[25:51] | Look, if it’s okay, we have a class together, | 如果没事了 我们还要一起上课 |
[25:54] | And I just don’t want her to get in any more trouble. | 我不希望把她牵扯进来 |
[25:56] | No, it’s okay. | 没事了 |
[25:58] | Tell her I said so. | 告诉她是我说的 |
[26:13] | So, what’d she want? | 她想怎样 |
[26:17] | You know what she wanted. | 你知道她想怎样 |
[26:19] | They think I killed that guy. | 他们认为我杀了那个人 |
[26:23] | I hate this. | 我恨这样 |
[26:25] | I’m not a murderer. | 我不是凶手 |
[26:26] | I didn’t shoot anybody, okay? | 我没开枪射任何人 |
[26:28] | I couldn’t have. | 我也不可能那样做 |
[26:29] | I don’t have a gun. | 我都没有枪 |
[26:30] | I-i’ve never even seen a gun. | 我甚至都没见过枪 |
[26:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:35] | Look, maybe your parents were right. | 也许你爸妈是对的 |
[26:38] | Maybe we should leave each other alone for a while. | 也许我们应该分开一阵 |
[26:42] | Casey… | 卡西 |
[26:44] | Casey, I’m not my mother. | 卡西 我不是我妈妈 |
[26:47] | Okay? I know you… | 我了解你 |
[26:50] | And I know that you could never hurt anybody. | 我知道你不会伤害任何人的 |
[27:25] | Thanks for believing in me. | 谢谢你相信我 |
[27:27] | We should get going. | 我们得走了 |
[27:29] | Class started a few minutes ago. | 课已经开始几分钟了 |
[27:33] | You coming? | 你来吗 |
[27:36] | Joseph Dubois? | 约瑟夫·迪布瓦 |
[27:38] | Yeah, that’s me. Can I help you? | 嗯 是我 需要帮忙吗 |
[27:40] | You’ve been served. | 你收到了传票 |
[28:05] | You defied us? | 你不理我们 |
[28:07] | I wasn’t going to, | 我不想的 |
[28:09] | But then I had this dream, and… | 但是后来我又做了个梦… |
[28:12] | Everything that happened in the video | 几乎所有发生在录像里的事 |
[28:15] | Pretty much happened in the dream first. | 都先在梦里发生过了 |
[28:17] | Except that in the dream, | 除了梦见那以外 |
[28:18] | I saw myself taping everything, | 我还在梦中看到自己在录所有的事 |
[28:21] | Even though you told me not to. | 虽然你已经告诉过我不要录了 |
[28:24] | And in the dream, after the hornets | 在梦中 黄蜂 |
[28:26] | Chased the guy away, | 在追赶那个男人 |
[28:28] | He came back and thanked me for putting it all on tape | 之后他就过来谢谢我把这些都录了下来 |
[28:32] | And for getting it on the internet. | 并且把这些都发到网上 |
[28:34] | Wow, really? | 是吗 |
[28:35] | Now, you expect us to believe that? | 你觉得我们会相信吗 |
[28:37] | – It’s the truth! – No, it’s not the truth, Bridgette, | -这是事实 -这不是事实 布里奇特 |
[28:39] | Because the man that you taped, Mr. Darby, | 因为你录的那个人 达比先生 |
[28:41] | Is so upset with it that he’s suing us for defamation of character. | 很不高兴 他起诉我们诽谤了他的人格 |
[28:45] | Is that bad? | 那是不是很糟糕 |
[28:46] | It could end up costing us a lot | 我们最后肯定会为此付出 |
[28:48] | Of time and a lot of money, darling. | 大量时间和金钱的 亲爱的 |
[28:50] | Well, the one bright spot and | 这是白天录的 |
[28:52] | If there is a bright spot, you only | 如果是白天录的 你只不过 |
[28:54] | Taped him in public places. | 是在公共场合进行了录像 |
[28:56] | So technically, his privacy wasn’t violated, I think. | 所以严格来讲 他的隐私没有受到侵犯 |
[29:00] | So we may not be in any trouble? | 那我们什么麻烦都没了吗 |
[29:03] | No, no, no, no, this is gonna cost us | 不 不 不 在事件完结之前 |
[29:05] | Something before this is all over. | 我们还是要付出点代价的 |
[29:06] | None of it changes the fact that | 但是我们让你别做什么事 |
[29:08] | We told you not to do something, | 而你偏偏去做了 |
[29:10] | And you did it anyway. | 这是无法改变的事实 |
[29:11] | Mom? | 妈 |
[29:13] | Ariel. | 艾丽尔 |
[29:16] | I-I need to talk to you. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[29:25] | She doing better? | 她好些了吗 |
[29:28] | Not really. | 还没 |
[29:29] | I… Got her to stop crying for a little while, at least. | 最起码我让她停哭了一会儿 |
[29:33] | Then she’d go over it again, and she’d get… | 之后她又哭了 然后她… |
[29:37] | Sad that somebody she cared about lied to her. | 很伤心 因为她在乎的人欺骗了她 |
[29:40] | Maybe even killed a man. | 而且还有可能杀了人 |
[29:42] | No. | 不 |
[29:44] | I’m still hoping not. | 我还是希望没有 |
[29:47] | I got an E-mail back from the lawyer. | 我收到了律师给我回的电子邮件 |
[29:50] | It’s like I thought… | 我觉得… |
[29:52] | He says the guy really has no case. | 他说那家伙没希望的 |
[29:54] | Well, that’s good. | 那很好啊 |
[29:55] | Yeah, but it still doesn’t get us out of having to go to court, | 是的 但是我们还是得上法院 |
[29:58] | And it still doesn’t get us out of paying the lawyers and make some work. | 我们还是得付钱给律师 做些努力 |
[30:03] | So he suggested that we should offer a settlement. | 所以他建议我们跟他做笔交易 |
[30:06] | We’re gonna meet with Darby’s lawyers tomorrow | 我们明天去见见达比的律师 |
[30:08] | And see if we can work something out. | 看看我们能不能找到点办法 |
[30:10] | How much “working out” are we talking here? | 我们现在谈的这个办法值多少钱 |
[30:12] | He suggested we offer $5,000 | 他要我们出五千美元 |
[30:14] | And then go up to $7,500 if we have to. | 如果我们想成功的话 他还要七千五 |
[30:17] | Doesn’t this guy know we just bought a new car? | 这家伙不知道我们刚买了新车吗 |
[30:27] | Hey, Lee. What’s going on? | 李 怎么了 |
[30:29] | Based on your tip, we were able to get a warrant | 根据你的线索 我们拿到了 |
[30:31] | To search the Covington’s residence. | 科温顿住所的搜查证 |
[30:33] | Found the .38 revolver right where you said it’d be. | 在你说的那个地方发现了点三八式左轮手枪 |
[30:36] | Ballistics says it’s a match | 弹道学证明那就是 |
[30:37] | For the weapon that killed Earl Sanderson. | 用来杀厄尔·桑德森的武器 |
[30:41] | And, uh.. | 而且… |
[30:43] | We’ve just filed charges. | 我们已经整理好起诉资料了 |
[30:44] | Thought you’d like to know. | 你应该想知道的 |
[30:47] | Thanks, Lee. | 谢谢 李 |
[30:54] | They just found the gun. | 他们找到枪了 |
[30:57] | Casey’s gun. | 卡西的枪 |
[30:59] | It was the one that was used to kill Sanderson. | 就是杀桑德森的那把 |
[31:01] | Should we tell Ariel? | 要不要告诉艾丽尔 |
[31:03] | No. | 不 |
[31:05] | She’s been through so much. | 她已经承受得够多了 |
[31:08] | We’ll tell her in the morning. | 我们早上再告诉她吧 |
[31:32] | You look good, Nance. | 你看起来不错 楠思 |
[31:37] | Angelo. | 安吉洛 |
[31:39] | You look good, too. | 你看起来也不错 |
[31:41] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[31:49] | The guy you’re with must be taking good care of you. | 和你在一起的那个男人肯定对你呵护有佳吧 |
[31:53] | You have to stop calling me. | 你别再打电话我了 |
[31:59] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[32:03] | Angelo, that girl you’re trying to charm… | 安吉洛 你想勾引的那个女人… |
[32:06] | She doesn’t live here anymore. | 已经不住在这了 |
[32:08] | I haven’t touched drugs for two years. | 我两年都没碰过毒品了 |
[32:14] | This is the last time we’re gonna see each other. | 这是我们最后一次见面 |
[32:16] | Maybe, maybe not. | 可能是 也可能不是 |
[32:19] | That baby you’re carrying around… | 你怀的那个孩子… |
[32:21] | We both know that it’s not your husband’s. | 我们两个都知道那不是你老公的孩子 |
[32:24] | You can’t expect me to just disappear. | 你不能指望我就此消失 |
[32:27] | That night was a mistake. | 那一夜是个错误 |
[32:30] | One mistake. | 就一个错误 |
[32:32] | And I am not gonna make another one. | 我不会再犯第二个错误了 |
[32:35] | I got a nice life for myself, I got a nice life for my baby. | 我有很好的生活 我的孩子也会有很好的生活 |
[32:39] | Nice things. Nice people. | 周围都是善良的人们无忧的事情 |
[32:42] | And I am not going to mess that up. | 我不想破坏那一切 |
[32:46] | Look, you’re not going to come out of this empty-handed. | 你也不是一无所获 |
[32:49] | I can pay you some money, but there is no way | 我可以付你些钱 但还是算了吧 |
[32:53] | You are going to be a part of my son’s life. | 起码你和我儿子还有牵连 |
[32:56] | It’s a boy? | 你怀的是儿子吗 |
[32:58] | Lunch is on me. | 午餐算我请你 |
[33:00] | Don’t call again. | 别再打给我 |
[33:04] | What are you going to name him? | 你打算给他取什么名字 |
[33:07] | Kyle. | 凯尔 |
[33:09] | It’s Michael’s father’s name. | 那是迈克尔父亲的名字 |
[33:26] | He won’t take the money. | 他既不拿钱 |
[33:28] | He won’t go away. | 也不离开 |
[33:32] | You need to take care of it, Earl. | 厄尔 你得处理下 |
[33:35] | Tonight. | 今晚就下手 |
[33:52] | You waiting to see your son? | 你等着见你儿子吗 |
[33:53] | How dare you sit next to me, | 你竟然胆敢坐我旁边 |
[33:56] | Pretending to give a damn about me or my son. | 假装关心我们母子 |
[34:00] | You’re the reason he’s in jail. | 你致使他进了监狱 |
[34:01] | Now, kindly leave me in peace. | 现在好心点让我静静吧 |
[34:04] | Okay, well… | 没问题 |
[34:06] | Casey won’t be back there long. | 卡西来的时间并不长 |
[34:08] | At this point, we’re pretty certain that he didn’t do it. | 因为我们非常肯定他不是凶手 |
[34:13] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[34:17] | We know who the guilty party is. | 我们都知道谁有罪 |
[34:19] | We’re just waiting to see if we can get her to confess. | 只是等着看是否能让他招供 |
[34:23] | You know, it seems that 17 years ago, | 似乎十七年前 |
[34:27] | The killer hired a man named Earl Sanderson | 凶手雇了一位名叫厄尔·桑德森的人 |
[34:29] | To murder a man named Angelo Filipelli. | 去杀一位名叫安吉洛·菲利佩里的人 |
[34:32] | Angelo Filipelli was her child’s father, | 安吉洛·菲利佩里是她孩子的父亲 |
[34:36] | But she didn’t want her husband to find out. | 但她不想让她丈夫发现 |
[34:38] | I have no idea who you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[34:40] | Oh, I think you do. | 我知道你明白 |
[34:43] | I spent the whole morning going through bank records. | 我花整个早上的时间查看银行记录 |
[34:45] | Yours. Earl Sanderson’s. | 看了你的和厄尔·桑德森的 |
[34:47] | Hey, you want to hear a funny coincidence? | 你想听听有趣的巧合吗 |
[34:49] | Starting in 1992, | 从1992年开始 |
[34:52] | Around the time Angelo Filipelli went missing, | 也就是安吉洛·菲利佩里失踪的那个时间 |
[34:54] | Earl Sanderson started living off of cash | 厄尔·桑德森开始靠一位神秘捐助者 |
[34:57] | From a mysterious benefactor. | 给她的钱生活 |
[34:59] | The amounts of his deposits | 而那神秘人的存款和 |
[35:02] | And the amounts of your withdrawals | 你取出的钱 |
[35:04] | Match up pretty nicely. | 数目恰巧吻合 |
[35:06] | Another funny thing? | 还有更有趣的事呢 |
[35:09] | The size of Sanderson’s deposits | 桑德森的存款数额 |
[35:12] | Got bigger and bigger year after year. | 逐年增加 |
[35:15] | So did the size of your withdrawals. | 而你取款数额也是如此 |
[35:18] | Till one day, Sanderson turns up dead | 直到有一天 桑德森被发现死了 |
[35:21] | And you stop making withdrawals. | 而你也停止取钱了 |
[35:25] | So, what? | 因此呢 |
[35:26] | Was he asking for more money | 是否他向你索要越来越多的钱 |
[35:28] | Than you could hide from your husband? | 而你再也瞒不住丈夫把钱给他的事了 |
[35:29] | How does this work? | 你们的办公程序是这样的吗 |
[35:32] | They know I’m here. | 他们知道我在这 |
[35:33] | Are they going to call my name? | 而他们等会会叫我 |
[35:35] | Casey told the police | 卡西告诉警察 |
[35:36] | That the gun used was a family weapon, | 作案枪支属于家庭使用枪支 |
[35:38] | Although when we questioned your husband, | 虽然我们审问你丈夫的时候 |
[35:40] | He claimed he didn’t know anything about it. | 他说他对此事毫不知情 |
[35:42] | It was your gun, wasn’t it? | 那是你的枪 是吧 |
[35:50] | What? You find this amusing? | 什么 你觉得这很蹊跷 |
[35:52] | I find it strange. | 我发现这很奇怪 |
[35:55] | You’re making all kinds of accusations. | 你制造各种罪状 |
[35:57] | We’re in a police station, but no one is arresting me. | 我们在警察局里 却没人逮捕我 |
[36:02] | You know what I find strange? | 你知道我觉得事情蹊跷在哪吗 |
[36:03] | You love your son. | 你爱你儿子 |
[36:06] | You were even willing to murder someone | 你甚至愿意杀掉某人 |
[36:08] | To make sure that he had a better life. | 也要确保你儿子有着更好的人生 |
[36:11] | Now you’re willing to let him go to jail | 而现在你却愿意让他入狱 |
[36:14] | For a crime he didn’t commit? | 即使他没犯罪 |
[36:18] | Let me tell you something about my son. | 告诉你一些我儿子的事吧 |
[36:22] | Casey is a very disturbed boy. | 卡西是个没有安全感的男孩 |
[36:25] | Ever since he was a child, | 就算还是孩子的时候 |
[36:27] | He’s believed he’s someone other than who he is. | 别人认为他人格分裂 |
[36:30] | I can’t tell you how many doctors he’s seen. | 我都说不清他见了多少个医生 |
[36:33] | How much testing, consulting… | 做了多少测试 多少咨询 |
[36:36] | Perhaps now, the court will see to it | 也许现在 法庭都会为料理好 |
[36:39] | That he gets the treatment he needs. | 他需要的治疗 |
[36:43] | Wow. You are really putting a lot of faith | 哇 你对精神病辩护 |
[36:45] | In an insanity defense. | 很有自信呀 |
[36:47] | You seem to be suggesting | 你似乎在暗示 |
[36:49] | That I have some choice in this matter, | 这件事我还有一丝机会 |
[36:52] | That there are options here. | 还有选择的余地 |
[36:53] | There are no options here. | 没有选择的余地了 |
[36:56] | Think about it. | 好好想想 |
[36:57] | Aren’t there? | 没有了吗 |
[36:59] | Oh, I think there are. | 我认为还是有的 |
[37:01] | Right now, your son is back there getting a simple DNA test, | 你儿子等会回来就会去做DNA检测 |
[37:05] | And I think we both know that that test is going to show | 我俩心知肚明这个检测结果会表明 |
[37:09] | That Casey is not your husband’s son. | 卡西不是你丈夫的儿子 |
[37:13] | I don’t want to do this to Casey. | 我不想这么对卡西 |
[37:15] | I don’t want to do this to your husband. | 我也不想这么对待你丈夫 |
[37:16] | But I will do it if I have to. | 如果迫不得已我会这么做 |
[37:18] | And then what? | 接下来呢 |
[37:20] | What? Everything that you’ve worked for– | 什么 你苦心经营的一切 |
[37:22] | Everything that you’ve killed for– | 所有你杀人的目的 |
[37:24] | It all goes away. | 都会烟消云散了 |
[37:27] | Along with your family. | 随着你的家人 |
[37:29] | Along with anyone who loves you. | 随着爱你的人 |
[37:34] | Or… | 或者… |
[37:37] | I will make sure that that DNA is disposed of, | 我可以保证那份DNA |
[37:41] | That it is never tested. | 不被化验 |
[37:44] | At least, in this way, | 这样的话 |
[37:46] | Casey will still have a father. | 卡西至少还有爸爸 |
[37:49] | Still have a family. | 至少还有一个家 |
[37:51] | He will still have a future. | 至少还有前程 |
[37:56] | And… | 如果… |
[37:58] | If I were to confess? | 如果我坦白了 |
[38:04] | Maybe offer, um… | 交代出 |
[38:06] | A different motive? | 另一个动机 |
[38:12] | Well, I will keep your secret. | 我会替你保密的 |
[38:18] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[38:33] | Mr. Dubois? | 迪布瓦先生 |
[38:34] | Yeah. Mr. Darby. Hi. | 达比先生 你好 |
[38:39] | Uh, my attorney, actually, he isn’t here yet, so… | 实际上 我的律师还没来 |
[38:43] | I just, I– | 我 |
[38:44] | You know, I’d just like to say again how sorry I am | 我对这些事感到抱歉 |
[38:46] | About all this and how-how terrible my whole family feels. | 我们一家都感觉很糟糕 |
[38:50] | -It’s all right, Mr. Dubois. -No. No. | -没什么 迪布瓦先生 -不不 |
[38:52] | -No, it’s not. -Yes. Yes it is. | -不 不是 -是 是的 |
[38:54] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[38:55] | Um, maybe you should call your attorney. | 你可能是要找你的律师来 |
[38:57] | I actually don’t think we’re going to be needing attorneys. | 但我觉得今天我们并不需要律师 |
[39:00] | Uh, excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[39:03] | It’s the funniest thing. | 有趣的是 |
[39:05] | Uh, Anna and I | 安娜和我 |
[39:08] | Worked together at a water park | 大学毕业后的暑期 |
[39:11] | In Minnesota the summer after college. | 在明尼苏达州的水上公园共事 |
[39:14] | Lost touch. Years go by. | 后来失去了联系 几年过去了 |
[39:16] | I always thought about her. | 我时常想念她 |
[39:19] | Turns out, | 同样 |
[39:21] | She always thought about me. | 她也想念我 |
[39:23] | Then she saw your daughter’s video. | 之后她看见你女儿的短片 |
[39:30] | Okay. | 真的 |
[39:32] | Great. Well, who’d have think it? | 太棒了 谁能想得到 |
[39:36] | Oh, my lawyer thinks I’m crazy. | 我的律师认为我疯了 |
[39:39] | He told me I should have taken your money. | 他告诉我要从你那弄笔钱 |
[39:42] | Squeezed you for a little more, even. | 不留余地 |
[39:44] | But I don’t know, Mr. Dubois. | 不过我不知道 迪布瓦先生 |
[39:46] | I mean, we are neighbors, and… | 我们是邻居 而且… |
[39:53] | Today just doesn’t feel like a day for attorneys. | 今天不是律师应该在的日子 |
[40:21] | How is she? | 她怎么样 |
[40:26] | She’s… amazing. | 还不错 |
[40:33] | She wants to see him again. | 她想再见他一次 |
[40:36] | I told her it was okay. | 我告诉她没事 |
[40:37] | But he lied to her. | 但是他撒谎了 |
[40:40] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:41] | She knows. | 她也知道 |
[40:45] | He took his mother’s gun. He followed that man. | 他拿走了他妈妈的枪 跟着那个人 |
[40:48] | He stood outside his window in his canvas high tops, | 他穿着他的帆布高帮鞋站在那人的窗前 |
[40:52] | But at the end of the day, | 但是当黑夜降临之时 |
[40:54] | He couldn’t do it. | 他却无法下手 |
[40:55] | He didn’t have it in him. | 他什么都没有做 |
[41:00] | She just keeps saying how confused he is, how sad. | 她只是不停的说他多么苦恼和混乱 |
[41:03] | His mother’s in prison. | 他妈妈要坐牢了 |
[41:05] | That he can’t make sense of it all. | 所以他不知道要怎么办 |
[41:08] | How he knows the things he knows, | 他怎么知道那些事的 |
[41:12] | How he knew where Angelo Filipelli was buried. | 他怎么知道安吉洛·菲利佩里在哪被活埋的 |
[41:17] | But here’s what I know. | 但我知道的是 |
[41:20] | I know he’s a good kid. | 我知道他是个好孩子 |
[41:25] | And the rest of it, I can’t explain. | 其它的事 我无法解释 |
[41:35] | So you really can see me? | 你真的能看到我吗 |
[41:41] | They told me you could. | 他们告诉我你可以 |
[41:45] | The way I heard it, kids can only see people like me | 我听说 孩子只能在一岁到一岁半的 |
[41:48] | For a year, maybe a year and a half. | 时间看见像我这样的人 |
[41:52] | We got a lot to pack into that time. | 我们有好多事要说 |
[41:56] | But you have to be patient with me. | 但你要对我有耐心 |
[42:00] | Bcause I’m new at this. | 因为我是第一次 |
[42:03] | Being a dad. | 第一次做父亲 |
[42:06] | Being dead. | 面临死亡 |
[42:12] | I’m gonna come see you every night, okay? | 我会每晚来看你 |
[42:17] | Every night till you can’t see me anymore. | 直到你再也看不到我 |
[42:22] | That’s gonna be our special time. | 这是属于我们的时间 |
[42:24] | I’m gonna tell you all about my life. | 我会告诉你我的一生 |
[42:27] | The good… And the bad. | 好的 不好的事情 |
[42:32] | All of it. | 所有的一切 |
[42:35] | I’m gonna try and teach you stuff, too. | 我会告诉你那些哲理 |
[42:39] | But first things first. | 但首先 |
[42:41] | We got to talk about this name of yours. | 我们来讲你的名字 |
[42:44] | Your mom and that guy she’s with… | 你妈妈和她的那个人 |
[42:47] | I know they named you something different. | 我知道他们叫你别的名字 |
[42:50] | But when I’m around, | 但有我在的时候 |
[42:53] | I’m gonna call you the name I would have given you. | 我要叫你我给你取的名字 |
[42:57] | It’s my granddad’s name. | 这是我祖父的名字 |
[43:01] | My dad’s name. | 我父亲的姓名 |
[43:04] | Your dad’s name. | 也是你父亲的姓名 |
[43:08] | I’m gonna call you Angelo. | 我将会叫你安吉洛 |
[43:11] | Angelo Filipelli. | 安吉洛·菲利佩里 |