时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | “Dear dad, | 亲爱的父亲 |
[00:05] | “As I sit down to write this, | 当我开始写这些的时候 |
[00:06] | I’m thinking about you and me.” | 我的脑海涌现着你我的回忆 |
[00:09] | “There’s one time in particular | 那一次的回忆 |
[00:10] | that I can’t get out of my head.” | 永久停留在我的心中 |
[00:12] | “I took our housekeeper’s matches | 我偷了女管家的火柴 |
[00:14] | and I set the leaves in the backyard on fire.” | 点燃了后院的叶子 |
[00:17] | “Then I tried to blame her.” | 然后我试图嫁祸于她 |
[00:19] | “You knew better, of course.” | 当然 你知道得更清楚 |
[00:22] | “And you used it as an opportunity to teach me | 你趁这个机会告诉我 |
[00:24] | the difference between lying and being a liar.” | 撒谎和撒谎精的差别 |
[00:29] | “I learned that day that I could say anything to you, | 那天我意识到 我可以向你倾诉任何事 |
[00:32] | that whatever to deal with | 无论发生了什么事情 |
[00:34] | your love for me would never go away.” | 你对我的爱永远都不会离我而去 |
[00:38] | “I guess that’s why I’m writing this to you.” | 我想 这就是为何我要写这封信给你 |
[00:42] | “I know you and mom are worried about me.” | 我知道你和妈妈都很担心我 |
[00:45] | “I know you think I’m not handling college well, | 我知道你们觉得我不能适应大学生活 |
[00:47] | that I’m adrift.” | 觉得我是个随波逐流的人 |
[00:49] | “And I guess you’re both right.” | 我知道你们都是对的 |
[00:52] | “But it’s a little more complicated than that.” | 但事实却更加复杂 |
[01:06] | You need anything? | 你需要什么吗 |
[01:07] | Your mom wasn’t sure that you would have | 你妈妈觉得 在付掉书费后 |
[01:10] | enough money left after buying your books. | 你可能没有足够的钱 |
[01:12] | No, I’m fine, dad. | 不 我很好 爸爸 |
[01:15] | “I’m so glad you came all the way out to see me.” | 你千里迢迢来看我 我很开心 |
[01:18] | “I know you’re busy.” | 我知道你很忙 |
[01:19] | “And I wanted to talk to you, really talk to you, | 我真的很想和你聊天 与你交心 |
[01:24] | but I just couldn’t.” | 但我不能 |
[01:27] | “That’s my fault, dad, not yours.” | 是我的错 爸爸 不是你的错 |
[01:32] | “So I’m going to say everything now.” | 所以我现在要坦诚一切 |
[01:35] | “I know that’s not fair.” | 我知道这不公平 |
[01:37] | “But please don’t be too mad at me.” | 但请你不要生我的气 |
[01:41] | “This is something I’ve been thinking about doing for a while now. | 这件事我已经考虑很久了 |
[01:46] | “And I want you to know | 我想让你知道 |
[01:47] | that it would have happened no matter what.” | 无论如何 这件事都会发生 |
[01:52] | “I’ve been so confused. | 我一直很困惑 |
[01:55] | And this thing, it’s…” | 这件事情… |
[01:56] | Arianna? | 安瑞安娜 |
[01:58] | “…like a lighthouse in the middle of all that. | 像一座灯塔照耀着我 |
[02:01] | It’s so easy to steer toward, | 让我轻松地向前驶去 |
[02:03] | that I feel like it’s where I have to go.” | 驶向我心所属 |
[02:07] | “The first thing I want to say is that I’m sorry.” | 我想说的第一件事是 我很抱歉 |
[02:09] | I hope that, since this is the last time | 这会是我最后的留言 |
[02:11] | I’m going to talk to you, I can give you what you need | 我希望这样 能让你理解 |
[02:14] | to come to terms with what I’ve done.” | 我所做的一切 |
[02:18] | “You’re my dear dad.” | 你是我亲爱的父亲 |
[02:21] | “I can say anything to you, right, dad?” | 我可以向你倾诉一切 对吗 爸爸 |
[02:23] | Hello? | 在吗 |
[02:28] | Ari! | 安瑞 |
[02:35] | Arianna? | 安瑞安娜 |
[03:42] | Departure time is t-minus five minutes. | 还有5分钟就要出发了 |
[03:44] | If you’re not on the train, | 如果你不上车 |
[03:46] | you’re going to be left at the station. | 你会被落在车站 |
[03:48] | Can you help? | 能帮我吗 |
[03:49] | – Yeah, yeah, yeah. – Thanks. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[03:50] | Marie, honey, you got five minutes. | 玛丽 亲爱的 你还有5分钟 |
[03:52] | I just want to finish this chapter. | 我想看完这一章节 |
[03:53] | Well, you can finish in the car. | 你可以在车里继续看 |
[03:56] | Hey, is this a library book? | 这是从图书馆借来的书吗 |
[03:58] | Where’d you get this? | 你从哪里拿来的 |
[03:59] | We haven’t been to the library in ages. | 我们好久没有去图书馆了 |
[04:01] | It was in my closet. | 它一直在我的橱里 |
[04:02] | Well, when was it due? | 它什么时候到期 |
[04:04] | I don’t know. I didn’t take it out. | 我不知道 不是我把它拿出来的 |
[04:05] | Well, who did? | 那是谁 |
[04:07] | Who do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[04:08] | Well, somebody must have cleaned the room | 肯定是别人整理了房间 |
[04:11] | and just stuck it in the closet. | 然后把它继续留在橱里 |
[04:13] | Somebody? | 有人? |
[04:15] | Bridge, that isn’t your book. | 布里奇 那不是你的书 |
[04:16] | It belongs to the library. | 它是图书馆的藏书 |
[04:17] | Yeah, well, I guess I forgot they were in there. | 好吧 我把它们忘在橱里了 |
[04:19] | “They?” | 它们 |
[04:21] | How many have you got in there? | 你借了多少本书 |
[04:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:23] | I mean, they let you check out seven at a time. | 一个人一次可以借七本书 |
[04:26] | Bridgette, you have seven overdue books in your closet? | 布里奇特 你的橱里有7本过期的书 |
[04:29] | You’re not supposed to take the library books, | 你不应该留着借来的书 |
[04:32] | you’re supposed to bring them back. | 你应该把它们还回去 |
[04:33] | Well, it’s too late now. | 那现在太晚啦 |
[04:34] | I mean, if I brought them back, | 如果我现在把书还给图书馆 |
[04:36] | then they would send me to jail or something. | 他们会把我抓起来丢进监狱之类的 |
[04:38] | They’re not going to send you to jail. | 他们不会让你去蹲监狱的 |
[04:40] | They’re going to charge you a fine. | 他们会让你交罚金 |
[04:41] | I’m guessing it’s going to be big. | 我猜这笔罚金数目肯定不小 |
[04:43] | My hunch is your allowance is going straight to | 我觉得 你接下去几个月的零用钱 |
[04:45] | the public library for the next few months. | 都会用在付罚金上 |
[04:47] | But library books are supposed to be free. | 但是图书馆的书应该是免费的 |
[04:49] | They are free, as long as you play by the rules. | 他们是免费的 前提是你遵守规定 |
[04:51] | After school today, I want you to walk over there | 今天放学后 你应该去图书馆 |
[04:53] | and return those books. | 把书还掉 |
[04:55] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[04:58] | I was reading that! | 我正在读这本书 |
[04:59] | Well, too bad. | 真不好意思 |
[05:01] | Go check it out at the library. | 以后去图书馆看吧 |
[05:05] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:06] | Morning. | 早安 |
[05:07] | Um, sorry to bother you so early. | 那么早打扰你真不好意思 |
[05:09] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[05:10] | It’s no bother, Mr. District Attorney. | 没关系 检察官先生 |
[05:11] | I was wondering if I could ask a favor. | 我能不能请你帮个忙 |
[05:14] | Wondering if there was any way I could get you to drop by | 早上能否顺路 |
[05:15] | my house on your way to work this morning, | 来一趟我家 |
[05:17] | Say around 9:00? | 9点左右可以吗 |
[05:19] | Course. Is everything all right? | 当然 没出什么事吧 |
[05:21] | Nothing that can’t hold until 9:00. | 不是什么紧急的事情 |
[05:43] | Nice hair. | 发型不错 |
[05:44] | Nice glasses. | 眼镜很帅 |
[06:00] | As you both know, our daughter Arianna took her own life | 你们都知道 我们的女儿安瑞安娜 |
[06:04] | during her sophomore year of college. | 在她大二的时候自杀了 |
[06:06] | Today is the anniversary of the day she died, | 今天是她的祭日 |
[06:09] | the day I found her. | 我发现她死掉的日子 |
[06:16] | Losing a child… | 失去自己的孩子 |
[06:19] | is always a nightmare for any parent. | 永远是每个家长的梦魇 |
[06:22] | For us, I think it’s been especially difficult. | 对我们来说 这尤其的痛苦 |
[06:27] | Arianna didn’t leave a note. | 安瑞安娜没有留下遗言 |
[06:29] | She never told us why. | 她从没有告诉我们她为什么自杀 |
[06:32] | Nothing at all? | 一点信息都没有吗 |
[06:35] | She never communicated with either one of you? | 她从来没有与你们中的一位谈论过吗 |
[06:40] | Lily went out to get the newspaper, | 莉莉出门去拿报纸 |
[06:41] | and saw that the flag was up on the mailbox. | 看到邮箱上的小旗竖了起来 |
[06:45] | And when she looked inside, | 当她查看邮箱时 |
[06:46] | she found this. | 她发现了这个 |
[06:57] | Oh, no. | 天呐 |
[06:59] | This is terrible. | 这太糟糕了 |
[07:01] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[07:04] | I certainly made my share of enemies over the years. | 在这几年里 我树敌过多 |
[07:07] | Put plenty of bad people in prison, | 我将很多坏人送进监狱 |
[07:09] | even received death threats, | 这甚至招致死亡恐吓 |
[07:12] | but never anything like this. | 但从来都没有发生过像这样的事 |
[07:13] | Never anything involving my family. | 从来没有威胁涉及到我的家人 |
[07:18] | Would you please excuse me? | 离开下 请原谅 |
[07:25] | You know, this is going to sound crazy. | 我知道这听起来很疯狂 |
[07:28] | I think I saw the man who did this. | 我觉得我看到了那个恐吓你的人 |
[07:32] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[07:34] | I saw a man putting something in your mailbox. | 我看到一个男人将什么东西放入你的邮箱 |
[07:36] | I mean, I didn’t really see it, | 我没有看清放进的是什么 |
[07:38] | and he wasn’t really there, | 但他的确出现在那里 |
[07:39] | but I didn’t realize that at the time. | 我那时没有意识到发生了什么 |
[07:41] | I actually got a pretty good look at him. | 我还仔细地看了那个男人一眼 |
[07:44] | He was young, maybe 30. | 他很年轻 30岁左右 |
[07:47] | Caucasian, tall, thin. | 白人 又高又瘦 |
[07:51] | And he was wearing these glasses. | 还戴着眼镜 |
[07:54] | Kind of… black, vintage frames. | 是副黑色老式边框眼镜 |
[07:57] | Ring any bells? | 让你想起什么吗 |
[08:00] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 没有 |
[08:02] | Okay, I’ll tell you what– | 好吧 |
[08:03] | I’m going to canvass the neighborhood, | 我会向周围邻居了解情况 |
[08:04] | see if anyone else saw this guy. | 问问看谁见过这个男人了 |
[08:06] | I’m also going to have someone at the station | 我还会派人到局里 |
[08:07] | put together a file of all your cases. | 将你经手的案件信息收集起来 |
[08:10] | A mug-book of everyone you’ve tried. | 收集所有由你经手的罪犯照片 |
[08:12] | If the guy who left this really | 如果这个留下卡片的男人 |
[08:13] | is someone you put away, | 真的是你曾经送进监狱的罪犯 |
[08:14] | then, well, hopefully, Allison will recognize him. | 那么 幸好 艾莉森可以帮助辨认 |
[08:20] | Young lady, these books are very late. | 小朋友 这些书已经过期很久了 |
[08:22] | You’ve had them for more than a year now. | 从你借出这些书到现在已经一年了 |
[08:25] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:26] | I, uh, guess I just kind of lost track of them. | 当时我可能是找不到它们 |
[08:29] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[08:31] | But they were really good. | 他们真的是好书 |
[08:33] | Glad you thought so. | 我很高兴你这么觉得 |
[08:34] | Now maybe some other children can enjoy them, too. | 现在其他的小朋友可以借阅这些书了 |
[08:38] | I’m afraid we’ve already forwarded these to collections. | 这些书已经被预定了 |
[08:40] | You owe the retail cost of the books. | 你的罚金是这些书的全价 |
[08:43] | Which comes out to $92.18. | 一共是92.18元美金 |
[08:47] | Ninety-two dollars?! | 92.18元美金 |
[08:49] | I’m just a kid! | 我只是个小孩 |
[08:50] | Where am I supposed to get $92? | 我从哪里搞到92块钱 |
[08:53] | Uh, you’re not going to call the police, are you? | 你不会报警吧 |
[08:55] | Am I going to get arrested? | 我会被逮捕吗 |
[08:57] | What about asking your parents? | 你能不能问你的父母要钱呢 |
[08:59] | No. I don’t want to do that. | 不 我不想这样做 |
[09:01] | They’re already really mad at me. | 他们已经对我很生气了 |
[09:06] | I might have an idea. | 我可以帮你出个主意 |
[09:09] | You’re working at the library? | 你要在图书馆工作 |
[09:11] | Why are you so surprised? | 你这么吃惊干什么 |
[09:13] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[09:14] | It just seems odd | 我就是奇怪 |
[09:15] | that someone would depend on you to do anything. | 怎么会有人找你干活 |
[09:18] | Hey, I’m dependable. | 嘿 我可是很可靠的 |
[09:19] | And besides, they’ve got books laying around all over the place in there. | 而且他们把书放得到处都是 |
[09:22] | So this is good. | 所以这样很好啊 |
[09:23] | I’m helping them with their problem, | 我帮他们解决了问题 |
[09:25] | And instead of paying me, they’re paying off the fines. | 他们不付我工资以此来抵消罚款 |
[09:28] | It sounds like a pretty good solution to me. | 我也觉得这是个不错的解决办法 |
[09:31] | Honey, don’t eat any ice cream before dinner. | 吃完晚饭才能吃冰激凌 |
[09:33] | Well, when are we going to eat? | 那…我们什么时候开饭呀 |
[09:36] | I’m hungry. | 我都饿了 |
[09:37] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[09:37] | That’s a good question. Where’s your mom? | 你问的很好 你妈妈呢 |
[09:39] | She’s been in her room for the past couple hours. | 她在房里呆好几个小时了 |
[09:46] | Hey, you hungry? | 你饿没呢 |
[09:48] | Should I order some pizzas? | 我叫披萨吧 |
[09:50] | No, no; we have some leftovers in the fridge | 不用 冰箱里还剩点菜 |
[09:52] | I was going to heat up. | 我一会热一下 |
[09:53] | I’m sorry, I got so caught up with these files. | 抱歉我看资料看过头了 |
[09:56] | Still no luck? | 还没找到吗 |
[09:57] | I’ve looked through every single person | 我已经把德弗洛斯存的 |
[09:59] | that Devalos ever put away, and none of them look like | 每一个人的档案都看过了 |
[10:01] | the man I saw leave that awful card. | 可没有一个像那个往信箱里放卡片的人 |
[10:04] | Well, maybe it’s time to pack it in for the night. | 也许晚上就有答案了呢 |
[10:06] | I guess so. | 我猜也是 |
[10:07] | I just wish I could do something. I wish I could help. | 我只是希望我能做点什么 帮上点忙 |
[10:10] | Well, wait a second. | 等等 |
[10:11] | Aren’t you actually that psychic woman | 你不是那个能给警察 |
[10:14] | who, uh, gave the police a description of the guy who did this? | 描述作案过程的灵媒吗 |
[10:18] | Very funny. | 很有意思 |
[10:20] | You know what I can’t figure out? | 你知道我奇怪什么吗 |
[10:22] | The pythagorean theorem? | 勾股定理吗 |
[10:24] | Last night, I had a dream about Devalos and his daughter. | 昨晚我梦到德弗洛斯和他女儿了 |
[10:28] | And in it, I saw him find a suicide note. | 在梦里我看见他拿到了一封遗书 |
[10:33] | I even heard what the note said. | 我甚至能听到遗书的内容 |
[10:35] | I mean, most of it, anyway. | 差不多全都听到了 |
[10:37] | But then when I went to his house this morning, | 但是我今天早上去他家的时候 |
[10:39] | His wife said that Arianna never left anything behind. | 他老婆说安瑞安娜没留什么遗书 |
[10:42] | Now, why would he do that? | 他为什么这么做 |
[10:44] | Why would he keep something like that from her? | 他为什么要瞒着他老婆呢 |
[10:48] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[10:51] | Hey, you want to take the kids out? | 嘿 你想带孩子出去吃吗 |
[10:53] | I know it’s a school night, but, you know, | 我知道她们明天要上课 |
[10:55] | it might be fun to take the kids out. | 但是还是带她们出去吃吧 |
[10:59] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 尊敬的陪审团 |
[11:01] | no attorney relishes the prospect of taking on a case | 没有哪个律师愿意接 |
[11:05] | that involves the sexual assault of a young woman. | 这类性侵犯的案件 |
[11:08] | It forces us to ask uncomfortable questions | 我们不禁要问一些 |
[11:11] | about the personal behavior of | 有关所谓的攻击者和受害者的 |
[11:13] | both the alleged assailant and the alleged victim. | 个人品行问题 |
[11:17] | In this case, we will have to look closely at what happened | 本案中值得我们注意的是 案发当晚 |
[11:20] | on the night that Deanna Whalen, by her own admission, | 在狄安娜·惠伦身上到底发生了什么 |
[11:24] | willingly accompanied the defendant back to his home. | 据她自己承认 她同意陪同被告回家 |
[11:28] | That they had sex not once, not twice, | 整个晚上他们发生了三次性关系 |
[11:32] | but three times over the course of the evening | 不是一次也不是两次 |
[11:34] | is not in dispute. | 这是不争的事实 |
[11:35] | And yet, Miss Whalen maintains that a crime has been committed. | 然而惠伦小姐却要起诉他 |
[11:39] | That she gave him her phone number the next day | 第二天她又把自己的电话号码给了被告 |
[11:43] | Is also not in dispute. | 这也是事实 |
[11:46] | But still, she claims that she was not a willing participant | 然而她却说前一天晚上的事 |
[11:49] | in the previous evening’s events. | 不是她自愿的 |
[11:51] | Miss Whalen even concedes that it took her three days | 惠伦小姐甚至还说 |
[11:54] | before deciding to call the police. | 她想了三天才决定报警 |
[11:57] | And now she cites her inability | 现在她又援引 |
[11:59] | to recall the precise events of the evening as proof | 那天晚上的事来证明 |
[12:02] | that Mr. Gerwin must have drugged her and raped her. | 她被格尔文先生下药并强暴 |
[12:07] | Quite a story. | 一派胡言 |
[12:10] | But that’s all it is. | 仅此而已 |
[12:12] | A story. | 一派胡言 |
[12:14] | And the District Attorney knows it. | 地方检察官一定会明白的 |
[12:18] | Now, the prosecution will attempt to portray the defendant | 控方会说被告 |
[12:22] | as a man of low character, but he is not. | 是一个品行很差的男人 但他不是 |
[12:24] | They will paint my argument as an attack on Miss Whalen, | 控方会诬陷我的当事人侵犯了惠伦小姐 |
[12:28] | But it is not. | 但他没有 |
[12:30] | Truth be told, my client is guilty of nothing | 事实就是 我的当事人 |
[12:33] | more than participating in consensual sex, | 做的不过是双方同意的性行为 |
[12:35] | and the irony is, his accuser is guilty of the same. | 讽刺的是 原告同样有罪 |
[12:38] | And yet, she seeks to use this court | 然而她却想利用这个法庭 |
[12:41] | And you, this jury, as a kind of legal absolution, | 还有你们这些陪审员 |
[12:44] | as a way to wash away her sins | 来洗脱自己的罪名 |
[12:46] | so she needn’t take responsibility for them. | 这样她就不用对这一切负责了 |
[12:49] | There’s only one problem with that. | 现在的问题就是 |
[12:52] | William Gerwin is not a rapist. | 威廉·格尔文不是强奸犯 |
[12:55] | William gerwin is an innocent man. | 威廉·格尔文是无罪的 |
[13:05] | Yep. That’s definitely him. | 没错就是他 |
[13:07] | That’s definitely William Gerwin. | 他就是威廉·格尔文 |
[13:12] | Back when I worked as a defense attorney at mcclenahan-everett, | 当时我还在M-E律所当辩护律师 |
[13:15] | Mr. Gerwin was one of my clients. | 格尔文先生是我的一个委托人 |
[13:17] | A rather important one, actually. | 是很重要的一个客户 |
[13:19] | He was the son of one of the partners. | 他是一个合伙人的儿子 |
[13:22] | He was 22 when he was accused | 他那时候22岁 被控告 |
[13:24] | of drugging and raping a young woman that he met at a party. | 对一个派对认识的女孩下药并强暴 |
[13:27] | Her name was Deanna Whalen. | 她叫狄安娜·惠伦 |
[13:30] | Gerwin’s father | 格尔文的爸爸 |
[13:32] | personally asked me to take his son’s case as a favor. | 私底下请我帮忙接他的案子 |
[13:37] | I was only too happy to oblige. | 我不是很想帮忙 |
[13:40] | The case was very weak. | 案子很棘手 |
[13:42] | A classic “He-said, she-said.” | 典型的”公说公有理婆说婆有理” |
[13:44] | Rape kit was never administered. | 强奸案向来很难定论 |
[13:46] | No drugs were found in the girl’s system. | 在女孩体内没有检测到毒品 |
[13:48] | She didn’t even file a report with the police | 而且她在案发之后好几天 |
[13:50] | Until several days after the alleged incident. | 才去报案 |
[13:53] | The Ada who was handling Gerwin’s prosecution | 负责格尔文案子的艾达 |
[13:56] | knew the odds were against him, | 知道他的胜算不大 |
[13:57] | And he offered me a deal early on, | 他早就劝我放弃 |
[13:59] | but I-I turned it down. | 但是我拒绝了 |
[14:02] | That’s how confident I was in the case. | 我对这个案子很有信心 |
[14:05] | I remember that case. | 我记得这个案子 |
[14:06] | That kid wound up going to jail, didn’t he? | 那个孩子很害怕坐牢对吗 |
[14:10] | Someone sent a collection of videos | 在案件审理过程中有人 |
[14:12] | to the District Attorney’s office in the middle of the trial. | 往地方检察官办公室寄了很多视频 |
[14:16] | Never found out who sent them, but it didn’t much matter. | 不知道是谁寄的 不过那不重要 |
[14:21] | They were videos that William had made of himself | 视频的内容是威廉正在和那些 |
[14:23] | Having sex with unconscious | 明显被下药的失去意识的女性 |
[14:25] | and obviously drugged women, including Deanna Whalen. | 发生关系 其中包括狄安娜·惠伦 |
[14:29] | The deal I’d been offered evaporated. | 我输了这场官司 |
[14:32] | William was given the maximum sentence, | 威廉被判以最高刑罚 |
[14:34] | And I left mcclenahan-everett shortly after that. | 之后不久我就离开了M-E律所 |
[14:37] | I-I’m sorry, sir. | 抱歉 |
[14:38] | If he received a maximum sentence, | 要是他被判最高刑罚 |
[14:40] | Then how could he be the one to leave you that card? | 那他怎么可能是给你留卡片的人呢 |
[14:44] | Turns out, he was recently granted an early parole. | 因为他最近被批准提前假释了 |
[14:47] | It seems that one of his cell mates | 好像是因为他的一个狱友 |
[14:49] | took him into his confidence one night, | 一天晚上对他推心置腹了 |
[14:50] | told him the details of an unsolved murder, | 跟他讲了一件悬案的作案过程 |
[14:54] | something to do with organized crime. | 和集团犯罪有关 |
[14:56] | It was a Federal case, | 是一件联邦案件 |
[14:57] | So Gerwin went to the local FBI office. | 所以格尔文去了地方联邦调查局办公室 |
[15:00] | And in exchange for his sealed testimony, | 考虑到他的秘密线报 |
[15:02] | time was shaved off his sentence. | 他被减刑了 |
[15:05] | As I understand it, | 据我所知 |
[15:06] | Gerwin never even had to appear in open court. | 格尔文甚至都没有公开出庭 |
[15:10] | The man Gerwin sent to jail never even knew who offered him up. | 被他送进监狱的人甚至不知道是谁供出他 |
[15:15] | And you’re absolutely certain that William Gerwin | 你真的能确定威廉·格尔文 |
[15:18] | is the man you saw put this card in the box? | 就是那个把卡片放进邮箱里的人吗 |
[15:22] | It was him, sir. | 就是他 |
[15:23] | I’m sure of it. | 我很确定 |
[15:24] | I already reached out to his parole officer. | 我联系过他的假释官 |
[15:26] | We’re bringing Gerwin in for questioning in a few hours. | 过一会我们就会带格尔文来问清楚 |
[15:29] | If he really was the one who left that note in your mailbox, | 如果他真的是那个放卡片的人 |
[15:33] | well, let’s just say | 那么 |
[15:35] | I intend to make damn sure he doesn’t leave another. | 我就要看看他是不是只放过一次 |
[15:40] | 839.2… | 839.2号 |
[15:53] | Whoa. Cool. | 好酷啊 |
[16:08] | Miss Aiken, who’s that guy? | 艾肯小姐 那个人是谁啊 |
[16:11] | Oh, nobody special. | 谁也不是 |
[16:12] | Just a fellow who comes in every day to use the computers. | 他天天来用电脑 |
[16:32] | “Prince”? | “王子” |
[16:39] | No, I’ve never seen this card before. | 我从没见过这张卡片 |
[16:43] | I certainly didn’t leave it for Mr. Devalos. | 我没给德弗洛斯先生送过什么卡片 |
[16:48] | So, is that it? | 没事了吧 |
[16:49] | Can I go now? | 我能走了吗 |
[16:50] | Not just yet, Mr. Gerwin. | 还不行 格尔文先生 |
[16:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:54] | So what else do you want to talk about? | 你还想谈什么 |
[16:55] | How is the “Man-man” doing, anyway? | 那位”曼曼”现在如何 |
[16:58] | That’s what my dad used to call him. | 我父亲一度那样称呼他 |
[16:59] | Manny didn’t like it very much, but what can you do, right? | 曼尼不太喜欢那个称呼 但你又能怎样呢 |
[17:04] | Well, you seem to be having a pretty good time. | 看起来你过得很愉快 |
[17:07] | What would you say if I told you that we had | 如果我告诉你有一位匿名者说 |
[17:09] | an anonymous tip from someone who says | 看到你把那张卡片 |
[17:12] | that they saw you put that card in Devalos’s mailbox? | 放进德弗洛斯家的信箱 你又作何解释呢 |
[17:15] | Well, the first thing I’d say is, “Your tipster is mistaken.” | 首先我要说的是 你的线人看走眼了 |
[17:20] | But even if he or she weren’t, | 但即使他或是她没弄错 |
[17:21] | What’s with the hard-ass routine? | 那样做有什么不妥吗 |
[17:24] | I mean, whoever left this card, did they do something illegal? | 不论放卡片的人是谁 难道他犯法了吗 |
[17:26] | Is there a law against mailing people greeting cards? | 有哪条法律禁止人们寄送贺卡吗 |
[17:31] | There are laws against harassment. | 有法律禁止骚扰 |
[17:33] | And does this card break that law? | 这张卡片触犯了哪条法律吗 |
[17:36] | Mr. Gerwin, you’re on parole, right? | 格尔文先生 你在假释期 是吗 |
[17:42] | If we want to, we can make life very difficult for you. | 只要我们愿意 你的日子将不会好过 |
[17:46] | So why don’t you just admit what you did, | 那么你何不承认你所做的 |
[17:48] | And we can get this thing cleared up today? | 这样我们今天就能解决这事 |
[17:50] | Because I didn’t do it. | 因为我没做过 |
[17:53] | I’ve never been to his house. | 我从没去过他家 |
[17:54] | I haven’t thought about him in years. | 多年来我早已淡忘他了 |
[17:55] | You sure about that? | 你确定 |
[17:57] | The “Man-man” was your lawyer. | “曼曼”以前是你的律师 |
[17:59] | You got convicted. | 你被判刑了 |
[18:02] | You’re not holding a grudge? | 你难道不耿耿于怀吗 |
[18:04] | Why would I hold a grudge? | 我为何要耿耿于怀 |
[18:06] | I raped that girl. | 我强奸了那个女孩 |
[18:09] | I went to jail. | 我去坐牢 |
[18:12] | Why would I be mad at my attorney? | 我为何要对我的律师怀恨在心 |
[18:14] | Rich kid like you | 像你这样的富家子 |
[18:15] | Probably had a pretty rough go of it in prison. | 也许在监狱里过不惯吧 |
[18:19] | I wouldn’t be surprised if you got a little taste | 我不会感到惊讶 如果你浅尝 |
[18:20] | of your own medicine, once or twice. | 你自制的药 一到两次 |
[18:24] | Once or twice? | 一到两次 |
[18:28] | I spent years getting “A taste of my own medicine.” | 我多年来”自食恶果” |
[18:31] | That what you wanted to hear? | 这是你想听的回答吗 |
[18:33] | That there’s a ying for every yang? | 阴阳相生 |
[18:35] | That I got what I deserve? | 我罪有应得 |
[18:36] | Well… there it is. | 确实如此 |
[18:41] | Now, if this card upset your boss, | 现在 如果这张卡片使你的上司不安 |
[18:45] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知该对你说什么好 |
[18:48] | But me? | 但我 |
[18:49] | The new me? | 改过自新的我 |
[18:51] | I’m a firm believer that if you get a card like this, | 我坚信如果你得到这样一张卡片 |
[18:54] | You probably deserved it. | 也许你理应得到它 |
[18:57] | So maybe you should be sitting your boss down, | 所以也许你该让你的上司冷静下来 |
[19:00] | Asking him why he thinks he got this. | 自问他为何得之 |
[19:05] | He was so smug. | 他如此自命不凡 |
[19:07] | He was practically rubbing our noses | 实际上他是在给我们难堪 |
[19:08] | In the fact that he did it. | 事实上这正是他所为 |
[19:10] | Well you’ve got to hand it to him. | 你不得不承认 |
[19:11] | He figured out a way to get attention. | 他找到了一个引起注意的方法 |
[19:13] | To work out his anger at your boss. | 来对你的上司泄愤 |
[19:16] | But he’s on parole, right? | 但他在假释期 是吗 |
[19:18] | He’s essentially impotent. | 本质上他不享有公民权利 |
[19:19] | If he does anything, he goes right back to jail. | 一旦他犯了事 就得回去坐牢 |
[19:22] | So he-he sends that card. | 所以他寄了那张卡片 |
[19:24] | He gets a rise out of a bunch of people. | 他吸引了众人目光 |
[19:26] | It’s kind of like a child, don’t you think? | 真幼稚 你认为呢 |
[19:28] | Like a child? | 幼稚 |
[19:30] | He raped a teenage girl, | 他强奸少女 |
[19:31] | And when he couldn’t get away with it, | 当他不能逃避惩罚时 |
[19:33] | He blamed his lawyer. There’s nothing childlike about that. | 他却指责他的律师 那一点都不幼稚 |
[19:38] | Uh, dad? Can you come look at the computer? | 老爸 你能过来看下电脑吗 |
[19:40] | Stay. Stew. Finish your beer. | 待在这儿 喝完你的啤酒 |
[19:42] | Finish my beer, if you like. | 你可以连我的也喝完 随你 |
[19:46] | I mean, look at this. Suddenly, I have 200 e-mails | 看 我一下子收到200封邮件 |
[19:48] | That I didn’t have this morning. | 早上还没有呢 |
[19:49] | I mean, I don’t want to earn six figures selling real estate | 我没这个闲情卖掉房产去赚六位数的巨款 |
[19:51] | In my spare time. I don’t care | 也没兴趣 |
[19:53] | About getting $5,000 from “Cash for clunkers” | 从”旧车换新车中”得到5000美元 |
[19:56] | Without even turning in my car. | 还不用上缴我的车 |
[19:57] | And I don’t want to hear from this “Prince Abantu” Again | 我再也不想收到这个”阿班图王子”的邮件了 |
[20:00] | About how he can’t get at his $20 million inheritance. | 更不想知道他无法得到两千万美元的遗产的事 |
[20:03] | Did you guys say something about Prince Abantu? | 你们是在说”阿班图王子”吗 |
[20:06] | Did you download the latest version of Spam Blocker? | 你有没有下载最新版的垃圾邮件清除程序 |
[20:09] | No. You told me not to download anything, | 没有 你叫我别下载任何东西 |
[20:11] | so I didn’t. | 所以我没有 |
[20:11] | Okay. Scoot over. | 好 坐过去一点 |
[20:13] | Let me drive for a minute. | 让我来操作一会儿 |
[20:15] | Did someone say something about Prince Abantu? | 有人提到阿班图王子吗 |
[20:17] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 怎么啦 |
[20:19] | I think I know him. | 我认识他 |
[20:21] | You don’t know him. He’s not real. | 你不可能认识他 他是个虚拟人物 |
[20:24] | I mean, he’s a scammer who claims to be a Nigerian prince | 他是个自称是尼日利亚王子的骗子 |
[20:27] | Who needs help recovering frozen assets from some trust. | 他想从信托那里恢复冻结资产 |
[20:31] | I mean, it’s like, you give him $10,000, | 就比如 你给他一万美元 |
[20:33] | And he gives you a million. | 然后他给你一百万 |
[20:35] | No. You’re wrong. | 不 你错了 |
[20:36] | Prince Abantu’s a real guy. | 阿班图王子真有其人 |
[20:38] | He goes to the library where I work. | 他常去我打工的图书馆 |
[20:40] | You can come visit him, if you want. | 如果你想见他 你可以过来 |
[20:41] | I mean, he’s there all the time. | 他一直在那儿 |
[20:44] | And I wouldn’t delete that if I were you. | 假如我是你 我不会删除那些邮件 |
[20:46] | All we have to do is just send him some money, | 我们需要做的就是寄给他一些钱 |
[20:48] | And then we can move into a bigger house. | 然后我们就可以搬进大一点的房子 |
[20:50] | Bridgette. | 布里奇特 |
[20:51] | He doesn’t look like a scammer to me. | 我看他不像骗子 |
[20:53] | He looks like a prince. I mean, he wears robes, | 他像王子 他穿着长袍 |
[20:55] | And he carries this big stick thing and… | 而且他拿着权杖 |
[20:57] | I don’t know who you saw, sweetie, | 我不知道你看到的是谁 小甜心 |
[20:59] | But I got to side with Ariel on this one. | 但我站在艾丽尔这一边 |
[21:02] | This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. | 这是书中最老的把戏 |
[21:03] | I’ve gotten 100 e-mails like this. | 我收到过100封类似的邮件 |
[21:06] | People who send them aren’t connected to African royalty. | 发这些邮件的人并没有非洲皇室血统 |
[21:08] | In any way, shape, or form; they’re just criminals. | 无论如何 他们只是罪犯 |
[21:11] | Okay, but I think you’re wrong. | 好吧 但我认为你们错了 |
[21:15] | Okay. | 随她去 |
[21:16] | They were on a shelf in the bedroom; hidden in plain sight. | 这些录像带好端端地放在卧室的架子上 |
[21:20] | Obviously, the cops never bothered to actually look | 显然 当警察在搜查此地时 |
[21:21] | At the tapes when they searched his place. | 并没在意这几盘带子 |
[21:24] | My people didn’t, either, the first time through. | 我的手下第一次搜查时也没注意到 |
[21:26] | It’s a good thing you sent me to take a second look. | 幸好你叫我再搜查一遍 |
[21:29] | Look inside. | 看看内容吧 |
[21:37] | Is this what I think it is? | 是我所想的那样吗 |
[21:39] | Take a look. | 看了就知道 |
[21:46] | Here, have some of this. Have a little drink. | 来一点吧 喝一点 |
[21:48] | Um, I don’t… | 不了 |
[21:53] | No? | 不 |
[21:54] | Uh, no. No? | 不吗 |
[21:55] | I don’t feel so good. | 我感觉不太好 |
[21:57] | No? | 不 |
[21:58] | No. No? | 不吗 |
[22:00] | No, I don’t feel so good. | 我感觉不太好 |
[22:01] | No? | 不 |
[22:07] | The others are just as bad. | 剩下的也不堪入目 |
[22:08] | Different girls, same drill. | 不同的女孩 同样的把戏 |
[22:11] | I know it’s not what you were hoping I’d find, | 我懂这不是你所希望我所找到的 |
[22:12] | but at least now you know. | 但至少你知道了实情 |
[22:15] | You’ll be ready if there are other copies floating around | 你得做好准备 说不定这些录像带另有备份 |
[22:16] | for the prosecution to latch onto. | 作为被告新的罪证 |
[22:22] | You want me to accidentally drop these in an incinerator? | 你要我无意间焚毁这些录像带吗 |
[22:26] | No, that’s, uh, that’s not necessary. | 不 没那个必要 |
[22:29] | I’ll take care of them. | 我来处理 |
[22:30] | Thank you, Walter. | 谢谢你 沃尔特 |
[23:16] | I’m telling you Manuel Devalos torpedoed his own case. | 曼纽尔·德弗洛斯毁了自己的案子 |
[23:20] | Manuel Devalos, the most honest, ethical man | 曼纽尔·德弗洛斯 是我见过的 |
[23:23] | I’ve ever met. | 最诚实最有道德的人了 |
[23:25] | Not the second-most honest and ethical man you’ve ever met? | 你没见过比他更诚实更有道德的人吗 |
[23:28] | Oh, come on, Joe. | 别开玩笑 乔 |
[23:31] | Why would he do that? | 他为何那样做 |
[23:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:34] | Maybe, maybe ’cause he knew | 也许 也许是因为他知道 |
[23:36] | The guy he was representing was guilty? | 他的当事人有罪 |
[23:38] | Maybe he was sick of representing rich scum. | 也许他腻烦了那个富有的社会渣滓 |
[23:41] | Or maybe he just wanted to give lawyers everywhere a good name. | 或许他只是想给律师留个好名声 |
[23:45] | No, I’m sorry. | 不 |
[23:47] | None of that explains it. | 这些都讲不通 |
[23:49] | If he couldn’t represent his client in good conscience, | 如果他不能凭良心做他当事人的代理律师 |
[23:51] | Then he should have just resigned from the case. | 他应当退出那件案子 |
[23:53] | What he did was a violation of attorney-client privilege. | 他的所作所为违背律师与当事人的保密特权 |
[23:57] | Hell, what he did was illegal. | 他的所作所为是非法的 |
[24:00] | But don’t you kind of admire him for it? | 但你难道不因此而崇拜他吗 |
[24:03] | A bad man, a dangerous man, | 一个邪恶的危险人物 |
[24:06] | Who might otherwise have walked free, went to jail. | 接受了法律制裁 而没有逍遥法外 |
[24:09] | Sorry. I’m on team Devalos. | 抱歉 我得站在德弗洛斯一边 |
[24:12] | Yeah, well, if the truth be told, | 如果真相公之于众 |
[24:15] | So am I. | 我也认同德弗洛斯 |
[24:17] | But why am I dreaming this? | 但为何我会梦到这些 |
[24:19] | What am I supposed to do with it? | 我该怎么做 |
[24:20] | I’ve been waiting for one this easy for a long time. | 解决的办法很简单 |
[24:23] | You do nothing. | 你不要插手 |
[24:26] | And you admire your boss just a little bit more. | 对你的上司更崇拜一点 |
[24:29] | I know I do. | 我是这样的 |
[24:30] | And you definitely don’t say anything | 你什么也别说 |
[24:32] | To anybody about this. | 别告诉任何人 |
[24:35] | That’s what you do. | 那才是你该做的 |
[24:48] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[24:50] | Thanks for coming by. | 谢谢能赶来 |
[24:52] | Everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[24:54] | Honestly, I’m not sure. | 老实说 我不确定 |
[24:55] | This is a weird one. | 这事很蹊跷 |
[24:57] | A girl named jennifer ludlow rents this place. | 一个叫珍妮弗·拉德罗的女孩租了这地方 |
[24:59] | She’s a bartender. | 她是吧台服务员 |
[25:00] | Community college student. | 社区大学学生 |
[25:03] | Slept at her boyfriend’s place last night. | 昨天在她男友家睡的 |
[25:05] | Gets home early this morning, | 今早回的家 |
[25:06] | Finds the door like that. | 发现门变成这样了 |
[25:07] | Someone forced their way into her place. | 有人闯进她的屋里 |
[25:11] | But she’s all right? | 她没事吧 |
[25:12] | Oh, yeah, she’s fine; there was no one here. | 她没事 当时屋里没人 |
[25:14] | There’s nothing missing, either. | 也没有任何东西丢失 |
[25:16] | So what are we doing here? | 那么我们在这做什么 |
[25:19] | Someone put one of these | 有人把这东西 |
[25:21] | In every picture frame in the place. | 放进了这房间每个相框里 |
[25:27] | Okay, I’ll ask. What is this? | 好吧 我问问 这是什么 |
[25:29] | Can’t say for sure. | 不清楚 |
[25:30] | Seems like someone’s trying to send Manny a message. | 看起来像是有人想给曼尼传个信 |
[25:33] | I know what you’re thinking: our friend William Gerwin. | 我知道你在想 我们的朋友威廉·格尔文 |
[25:36] | The problem is the scene’s clean. | 问题是现场太干净了 |
[25:37] | So far, we haven’t found any physical evidence at all. | 到现在为止 我们还没找到任何证据呢 |
[25:40] | None of the neighbors saw anything. | 邻居都什么也没看见 |
[25:41] | We got bupkis. | 我们什么也没找到 |
[25:43] | Does Devalos know about this? | 德弗洛斯知道这事吗 |
[25:45] | He didn’t want to come down. | 他不想过来 |
[25:46] | Just said, “Thanks for telling me.” | 只说了 谢谢告诉我 |
[25:47] | Seemed kind of distracted. | 感觉有点心绪不宁 |
[25:51] | Feel free to look around | 随意四处看看吧 |
[25:51] | And holler if you get a bite. | 有感觉就叫我 |
[25:54] | Of course. | 当然 |
[25:57] | You’ve reached the voicemail of Manuel Devalos. | 这是曼纽尔·德弗洛斯的语音信箱 |
[25:59] | Please leave a message, | 请留言 |
[26:00] | And I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. Take this. | 我会尽快回电话的 拿着 |
[26:03] | Sir, can you give me a call when you get this? | 长官 收到信息请给我回个电话行吗 |
[26:04] | I’m just leaving that woman Jennifer Ludlow’s apartment. | 我刚离开珍妮弗·拉德罗的公寓 |
[26:08] | Unfortunately, I didn’t see anything that could be of any help, | 可惜我没看到任何能帮上忙的线索 |
[26:11] | But I do need to talk to you about your old client. | 不过我确实需要跟你谈谈你的老客户 |
[26:29] | We meet again. | 我们又见面了 |
[26:32] | You did this. | 是你干的 |
[26:34] | Sorry? Did what? | 什么 干了什么 |
[26:36] | Don’t play coy. | 别装了 |
[26:38] | We both know what you’re doing and why you’re doing it. | 我们俩都知道你做了什么和为什么这么做 |
[26:40] | Really? | 真的 |
[26:42] | You know why? | 你知道为什么 |
[26:43] | Well, if that’s the case, | 如果是那种情况的话 |
[26:45] | If you really know what went on with me | 如果你真的知道我和我的律师 |
[26:48] | and my legal representation, | 究竟发生了什么 |
[26:49] | Then I’m sure you share my sense of outrage. | 那么我想你能感觉到我的愤怒 |
[26:52] | See, I think I deserve | 我想我理应享有 |
[26:53] | What every other accused citizen deserves: | 每一个被告的公民所享有的权利 |
[26:56] | A fair trial. | 一场公正的审判 |
[26:58] | And that means having a defense attorney | 而这也意味着我该有一个像样的辩护律师 |
[27:00] | who’s not serving me up on a silver platter to the prosecution. | 不是一个将当事人拱手送进监狱的律师 |
[27:03] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[27:05] | How is harassing this man gonna change anything? | 骚扰这个人就能改变一切吗 |
[27:08] | Are you aware that after I was convicted, | 你有没有注意到我被定罪后 |
[27:10] | My family disowned me? | 我家人都不认我 |
[27:13] | It’s true. | 这是事实 |
[27:14] | So not only did I spend all those years in prison, | 我不光在监狱里蹲了这么多年 |
[27:17] | I came out with nothing. | 并且我出来后一无所有 |
[27:18] | I’m a convicted felon. And I’m penniless. | 我是个重犯 身无分文 |
[27:22] | That man– your boss– | 那个人 你的上司 |
[27:26] | He destroyed me. | 他毁了我 |
[27:29] | So what do I want? | 我想怎样 |
[27:32] | I guess I’d like to destroy him. | 我想我要毁了他 |
[27:35] | I want him to come forward and admit what he did. | 我要他站出来 承认他做过的一切 |
[27:38] | I want him to lose his job. | 我要他失去工作 |
[27:41] | And I want him to go to jail. | 我要他进监狱 |
[27:42] | Well, that’s crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[27:44] | That’s never gonna happen. | 你别做梦了 |
[27:47] | Oh, I think it might. | 我相信会成真 |
[27:50] | You know, I was really hoping | 你知道吗 我真希望 |
[27:52] | That Manny was gonna come down here this morning. | 今早曼尼会来这里 |
[27:55] | But you seem pretty close to him. | 不过你看起来跟他走的很近 |
[27:57] | Maybe you could give him a message for me. | 也许你可以帮我传个话 |
[28:00] | There’s a reason why all those articles wound up | 这些文章出现在珍妮弗·拉德罗的公寓 |
[28:03] | In Jennifer Ludlow’s apartment. | 是有原因的 |
[28:05] | She’s young, pretty. | 她年轻漂亮 |
[28:09] | Just my type. | 是我喜欢的类型 |
[28:12] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[28:13] | Sometime soon, | 很快 |
[28:15] | If the District Attorney doesn’t come forward | 如果地方检察官不站出来 |
[28:17] | And admit what he did, | 承认他做的一切 |
[28:19] | I’m gonna rape Jennifer Ludlow. | 我就要强奸珍妮弗·拉德罗 |
[28:25] | You should say something. | 你应该说点什么 |
[28:27] | You really are insane. | 你真是疯了 |
[28:29] | You know, the act of just making that threat is | 你知道吗 这种威胁 |
[28:32] | A violation of your parole? | 是违反假释条例的 |
[28:34] | You’re going back to jail. | 你会被送回监狱的 |
[28:36] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[28:38] | Are you wearing a tape recorder? | 你带了录音器吗 |
[28:40] | ‘Cause if anyone asks if I made the threat, | 因为要是有人问了我是不是威胁了别人 |
[28:42] | I’ll deny it. | 我会矢口否认的 |
[28:43] | You’ll never get near that that girl. | 你永远不可能接近那个女孩 |
[28:45] | We will have people protecting her. | 我们会找人保护她 |
[28:47] | We’ll have people following you. | 我们会找人跟踪你 |
[28:48] | Yeah, okay, but how close can they get? | 好吧 不过他们能离我多近 |
[28:52] | Can they follow me everywhere? | 他们能跟踪我到任何地方吗 |
[28:54] | If someone were following me right now, | 要是有人现在跟踪我 |
[28:57] | Do you really think they could stop me from, say, uh, | 你认为他们会马上出来阻止我 比如 |
[29:01] | Breaking your neck? | 拧断你脖子吗 |
[29:05] | If I didn’t care about getting caught, that is, and… | 要是我根本不在乎被抓呢 |
[29:09] | I don’t. | 我不在乎 |
[29:12] | Look, I get it. | 好吧 我明白了 |
[29:14] | You and the people you work with, | 你和你的同事们 |
[29:15] | You’re gonna do what you’re gonna do. | 做好你们的本职工作 |
[29:17] | You’ll be watching pretty little jenny | 你们要盯着漂亮的小珍妮 |
[29:20] | And you’ll be watching pretty little me. | 你们也要盯着我 |
[29:22] | So maybe it’ll be her. | 也许是她 |
[29:22] | Maybe it’ll be someone else. | 也许会是别人 |
[29:26] | The important thing is | 重要的是 |
[29:27] | is that Devalos knows about all this ahead of time. | 德弗洛斯会提前知道这一切 |
[29:31] | That way, if he doesn’t step up, | 这样的话 如果他不站出来 |
[29:35] | The girl I find… | 这个我找到的女孩 |
[29:38] | She won’t just be my victim, | 她就不会仅仅是我的受害者 |
[29:41] | She’ll be his victim, too. | 也是他的受害者 |
[29:46] | Pretty good, right? | 很棒 对吗 |
[29:48] | That’ll kill him, won’t it? | 这样会要了他的命 不是吗 |
[29:50] | Good man like Devalos. | 像德弗洛斯这样的好人 |
[29:52] | Respected man. | 受人尊敬的人 |
[29:55] | No way he’ll be able to live with himself | 如果他让这事发生了 |
[29:57] | If he let’s that happen. | 他肯定活不下去的 |
[30:16] | I know who you are, you know. | 我知道你是谁 你知道吗 |
[30:19] | Pardon me? | 什么 |
[30:21] | I know you’re a prince. | 我知道你是个王子 |
[30:22] | I know about the problem. | 我知道问题的所在 |
[30:24] | I know about the money, and I want to help you. | 我知道钱的事 也很想帮你 |
[30:27] | I’ve got a little more than $38 saved up. | 我有差不多38美元的存款 |
[30:29] | But I know it’s not much, but it’s what I’ve got. | 我知道不多 不过这是我仅有的 |
[30:32] | And when you get all that money | 当你拿到钱了之后 |
[30:34] | That you’ve been writing to people about, | 就像你邮件上所说的 |
[30:36] | You can pay me back. | 你可以还给我 |
[30:37] | I just want enough | 我只要足够能 |
[30:38] | To cover my library debt: $92.18. | 还我图书馆的帐就好 92.18美元 |
[30:42] | I think you are mistaken, little girl. | 我想你误会了 小女孩 |
[30:45] | You’ve got me mixed up with somebody. | 你认错人了 |
[30:48] | You don’t have to pretend with me. | 你不用跟我装了 |
[30:50] | I know you’re a prince, okay? | 我知道你是个王子 |
[30:52] | I’ve read the e-mails. | 我看了电子邮件 |
[30:54] | And I know that you have enemies everywhere, | 我知道你有很多敌人 |
[30:55] | But I’m not one of them. | 不过我不是你的敌人 |
[30:57] | And look, even if you don’t get all your money back, | 就算你没拿回你的钱 |
[31:01] | I want you to have this. | 我也想要你拿着这个 |
[31:04] | I’m sorry, young lady, but you’ve got me mixed up. | 抱歉 小姐 你肯定是认错人了 |
[31:08] | I must get going. | 我得走了 |
[31:09] | No, you can’t just not take my money | 不 你不能因为我是个小孩 |
[31:11] | Because I’m a little kid; that’s not fair. | 就不要我的钱 这不公平 |
[31:16] | Okay, okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[31:18] | Okay, give it to me. | 好吧 给我吧 |
[31:28] | Isn’t it a little early? | 是不是太早了 |
[31:32] | No, what it is, is… A little cowardly. | 不 是有点懦弱 |
[31:36] | What it is, is selfish. | 是有点自私 |
[31:39] | Your timing is impeccable. | 你来的正好 |
[31:42] | I was a minute from making a clean getaway. | 再待会我就要走了 |
[31:45] | Your assistant told me where I could find you. | 你助手告诉我在哪能找到你 |
[31:49] | Sir… | 长官 |
[31:51] | We really need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[31:54] | So all I have to do to prevent this lunatic | 我所要做的就是像他说的那样站出来 |
[31:58] | From keeping his promise is step forward | 并且承认我是个罪犯 |
[31:59] | And declare myself a criminal? | 以阻止这个疯子 |
[32:02] | He knows what you did, sir. | 他知道你做了什么 长官 |
[32:05] | I don’t know how he knows, but he knows. | 我不知道他是如何获知 不过他知道 |
[32:10] | And I know it, too. | 而我也知道 |
[32:15] | Look, I would never second-guess what you did. | 我绝不会妄加评论你所做的事情 |
[32:18] | I might have done the same thing. | 换我或许也会这么做 |
[32:21] | And I know how much you stand to lose. | 我也明白你会失去什么 |
[32:24] | But unless there’s something I’m not seeing, | 除非我有什么地方没弄清楚 |
[32:27] | I don’t think you can keep this a secret much longer. | 不然我觉得你还是趁早公诸于世吧 |
[32:31] | I think you need to start telling people what you did. | 告诉大家你做过些什么 |
[32:35] | And not to give in to him… | 不要屈服于他 |
[32:38] | But to keep him from doing something | 而是要阻止他的行动 |
[32:40] | That you would never recover from. | 避免造成无法挽回的后果 |
[32:42] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[32:45] | If he hurt some girl… | 如果他伤害到某个女孩 |
[32:48] | I don’t think you could live with that. | 我想你也忍受不了吧 |
[32:52] | There’s a lot you’re not seeing, Allison. | 艾莉森 很多事情你都不知情 |
[32:56] | But I appreciate your concern. | 但我仍感谢你的关心 |
[33:05] | Uh, sir? | 长官 |
[33:08] | Sir, I’m a part of this, too, now. | 长官 现在我也卷入其中了 |
[33:10] | I don’t want to be, but I am. | 我也不想 但事以至此 |
[33:14] | If you don’t come forward… | 如果你不出来做证 |
[33:17] | I don’t know, I might have to. | 不知道 可能我就得出面了吧 |
[33:22] | Well, I guess we’re each gonna do what we have to do. | 做好自己份内的事就行了 |
[33:31] | I can say anything to you, right, dad? | 我什么都能对你说是吧 爸爸 |
[33:35] | Well, this is the last thing you need to know, | 最后一件事你得知道 |
[33:38] | The thing you’re never gonna get to help me deal with. | 这件事你永远无法帮我处理 |
[33:42] | This thing that’s been living inside me, | 这件事萦绕我心头许久 |
[33:45] | This cloud that I can’t get out from under, | 我摆脱不掉这个阴霾 |
[33:48] | It’s always been there, but it started to get worse | 挥之不去 高三的时候 |
[33:50] | During my senior year of high school. | 这种情况变得越来越糟 |
[33:53] | Kim and I went to this party. | 金和我参加这场派对 |
[33:56] | It was mostly college kids home for their Christmas break. | 由于圣诞假期 参加者多半是大学生 |
[33:59] | There was a boy there. | 有一个男孩 |
[34:00] | His name was William. | 他叫威廉 |
[34:03] | He was a little older, cute, funny. | 他是高年级生 可爱且有趣 |
[34:06] | I liked him, so I pretended to be older. | 我喜欢他 所以我也假装成高年级生 |
[34:09] | He kept giving me drinks. | 他一直灌我酒 |
[34:11] | I started to feel funny, | 我开始感到身体不适 |
[34:13] | So he asked me if I needed to lie down. | 所以他问我是否需要躺躺 |
[34:17] | He helped me upstairs. And the rest? | 他扶着我上楼 然后呢 |
[34:20] | Well, you’re defending him now; | 你现在却为他辩护 |
[34:21] | you know what he does. | 你明知他的所作所为 |
[34:24] | I was barely awake for any of it. | 我几乎醉得不醒人事 |
[34:27] | All I knew the next day | 翌日 我所知道的 |
[34:28] | Was that something sick had happened to me. | 我遭遇了某些麻烦的事情 |
[34:33] | When I read about your case in the papers, | 当我在报纸上读到你的调查案件时 |
[34:36] | When I realized how many other girls he’d done it to, | 当我意识到他对多少女孩做过了同样的事时 |
[34:39] | How maybe I could have stopped it all | 如果当时我勇敢地把真相说出来 |
[34:41] | If I had been braver and said something, | 也许我能阻止这些事情 |
[34:44] | Well, that’s when all this started. | 这就是事情的起源 |
[34:47] | I’m sorry, daddy. | 爸爸 抱歉 |
[34:48] | I should have said something to you. | 我本应该告诉你这些 |
[35:13] | Sir. | 长官 |
[35:21] | I’ve… | 我 |
[35:23] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:26] | I had a dream last night, | 我昨晚做了一个梦 |
[35:29] | And in it… | 我在梦里 |
[35:30] | : I saw ev-everything. | 看见了一切 |
[35:34] | Now I know why you did what you did. | 现在我知道你为什么那么做了 |
[35:39] | I’m so sorry if I was short with you yesterday, | 抱歉我昨天冒犯到你了 |
[35:43] | So sorry about what happened to Arianna… | 对安瑞安娜的遭遇我深感同情 |
[35:47] | To you and Lily. | 还有你和莉莉 |
[35:50] | For everything. | 所有的一切 |
[35:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:57] | It’s been quite a burden. | 这真是一个重担 |
[36:00] | The hardest part has been keeping my wife in the dark. | 我妻子还不知道这最糟糕的部分 |
[36:06] | Unfortunately, it looks like that’s… | 不幸的是 看起来 |
[36:09] | No longer an option. | 不再有选择的余地了 |
[36:15] | You are gonna come forward? | 你会自愿做证吗 |
[36:18] | I don’t think I really have a choice. | 我别无选择了呀 |
[36:22] | I should have put it all together sooner. | 我应该尽快把事情处理掉 |
[36:27] | The obituaries that he was leaving everywhere… | 讣告贴得到处都是 |
[36:33] | That’s how he figured it all out– | 所以他洞悉了一切 |
[36:34] | He must have come across one in prison | 他在监狱里肯定也看到了 |
[36:37] | And when he saw her picture, imagine his surprise | 当他看到她的照片 想象一下 |
[36:40] | When he realized that he raped | 当他意识到自己强奸了 |
[36:41] | The daughter of his own defense attorney. | 辩护律师的女儿时会有多惊讶 |
[36:45] | I’m gonna call a press conference | 我打算召开一个新闻发布会 |
[36:46] | Tomorrow, late afternoon, | 明天午后 |
[36:49] | Admit what I did. | 承认我所做的事 |
[36:51] | Lily’s away on a trip with some friends. | 莉莉和一些朋友去旅行了 |
[36:55] | I want to speak with her first. | 我想先告诉她 |
[36:56] | After that, I’ll speak with the press. | 之后才告诉媒体 |
[36:59] | Hopefully, the fact that there’s going to be | 希望要开新闻发布会的消息 |
[37:00] | A press conference will be enough | 能够牵制格尔文先生 |
[37:01] | To keep Mr. Gerwin at bay for a day. | 一天时日 |
[37:08] | I’m gonna miss this place. | 我会想念这个地方 |
[37:13] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[37:15] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[37:17] | Wow. You already have my, uh, $92.18? | 哇 你已经拿到我的92.18美元? |
[37:21] | No, it’s just what you gave me yesterday. | 不 这些是你昨天给我的 |
[37:24] | I can’t keep it. | 我不能收 |
[37:26] | I don’t care what you say. | 我不在意你说什么 |
[37:28] | You know, uh, | 你知道的 |
[37:29] | I’ve only been doing this for a couple of weeks. | 我只会在这里干几周 |
[37:31] | I’m not proud of it. | 这工作不太光彩 |
[37:33] | It’s just, uh, I haven’t worked in a while, | 只是我已许久没有工作了 |
[37:35] | And I was hoping to get a little bit of money coming in. | 所以希望能赚一点钱 |
[37:37] | But the truth is, your $38 was all I got, | 事实是 38美元已经足够了 |
[37:41] | And, uh, I didn’t set out to swindle little girls. | 我不打算骗取小女孩的钱 |
[37:45] | So you’re not a prince? | 你不是王子 |
[37:48] | Why are you dressed like that? | 为什么要穿成这样 |
[37:49] | Bridgette? | 布里奇特 |
[37:51] | When you’re done with those, would you come help me | 你忙完了能来帮我一下吗 |
[37:53] | In the children’s section, please? | 麻烦来儿童区 |
[37:55] | Yeah, sure. | 没问题 |
[37:56] | Um, Miss Aiken, | 艾肯小姐 |
[37:57] | This is prince Abantu. | 这位是阿班图王子 |
[37:59] | He’s from Nigeria. | 来自尼日利亚 |
[38:02] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[38:03] | Yeah, you, too. | 我也是 幸会 |
[38:06] | Bye. | 再见 |
[38:08] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[38:15] | Well, at least | 至少有一位 |
[38:16] | One of the Dubois women is happy in her work. | 迪布瓦家的女人还是享受她的工作的 |
[38:20] | Bridgette loves working at the library. | 布里奇特喜欢在图书馆工作 |
[38:22] | She doesn’t even mind the fact | 她甚至不在意 |
[38:23] | That you can’t really talk in there. | 在图书馆工作不能聊天 |
[38:25] | Will hate to see it end. | 工作结束后她会难过的 |
[38:27] | Meets all kinds of interesting people. | 她遇见各式有趣的人 |
[38:30] | Even helped a nice young girl set up an e-mail account. | 甚至帮一位漂亮的年轻女孩注册电子邮件 |
[38:36] | Come on, Bridgette Dubois, librarian-at-large? | 布里奇特·迪布瓦 图书馆小特使 |
[38:40] | Isn’t that good for at least a smile? | 你都不高兴吗 |
[38:43] | Hmm. Well, I guess not. | 我想是的 |
[38:47] | Hey, come on, I mean… | 嘿 别这样 我是说 |
[38:50] | I just, I can’t stand the | 我只是受不了 |
[38:51] | thought of this monster getting away with this, | 坏蛋逍遥法外 |
[38:54] | The thought of Devalos losing his job, his license. | 而德弗洛斯却要失去工作和执照 |
[38:58] | Look, I know he made a mistake, | 我知道他犯了一个错误 |
[38:59] | But the truth is, if that had been one of our daughters, | 但如果受害人是我其中一个女儿的话 |
[39:02] | I would’ve done the same thing. | 我也会这么做的 |
[39:04] | I think he showed remarkable restraint | 我觉得他竭力克制 |
[39:06] | In not murdering the son of a bitch. | 不去谋杀那个王八蛋 |
[39:21] | See? It’s easy. | 瞧 简单吧 |
[39:23] | Now you can write e-mails to whoever you want. | 现在你发邮件给谁都行 |
[39:25] | Wow. Thanks. | 太感谢了 |
[39:28] | You’re a very smart kid. | 你是个非常聪明的孩子 |
[39:29] | Yeah, well, I get that a lot. | 我经常被表扬呢 |
[39:33] | Actually, can you help me with one more thing? | 你还能再帮我一个忙吗 |
[39:35] | I’m not a very good typist. | 我字打得不好 |
[39:38] | I always feel like I have ten thumbs. | 总是觉得自己有十根拇指似的 |
[39:41] | Is there any way you could type up an e-mail for me? | 你能帮我写一封邮件吗 |
[39:53] | Don’t be upset with me. | 别觉得我烦 |
[39:56] | Arianna… | 安瑞安娜 |
[39:58] | Arianna, what are you talking about? | 安瑞安娜 你说什么呢 |
[40:02] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[40:04] | That e-mail I had your little girl type… | 我让你小女儿帮我写的邮件 |
[40:08] | It went to a crime boss named Tom Harper. | 是给一个叫汤姆·哈勃的罪犯头目 |
[40:12] | William Gerwin got his parole by agreeing to testify | 威廉·格尔文同意为一个团伙犯罪案件 |
[40:15] | in an organized crime case. | 做证而得到假释 |
[40:17] | He sent away one of Tom Harper’s top lieutenants. | 他供出了汤姆·哈勃其中一个高级头目 |
[40:20] | Harper never knew who the snitch was. | 哈勃从不知道告密者是谁 |
[40:23] | That is, until now. | 直到现在都不知道 |
[40:24] | Oh, my god, you do know | 天啊 你确实知道 |
[40:26] | What that man is gonna do to Gerwin, don’t you? | 那个人会对格尔文做什么是吧 |
[40:29] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[40:30] | And by the way, he’s already done it. | 顺便说一声 他已经做了 |
[40:33] | Gerwin is already dead? | 格尔文已经死了吗 |
[40:36] | It happened about an hour ago. | 一个半小时前死了 |
[40:39] | That man took everything from me. | 那个男人毁了我的一切 |
[40:43] | There’s no way I could let him take everything from my dad, too. | 我不可能再让他从我爸爸那夺走任何东西了 |
[40:48] | I want what he did to remain a secret. | 我要他的事成为秘密 |
[40:51] | Well, I’m sure it will. | 我确信会的 |
[40:53] | Now… maybe… | 现在也许 |
[40:57] | Maybe there’s no reason for anyone to know now. | 也许没理由让别人知道了 |
[41:00] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:04] | But there is one person who deserves to know the truth… | 但有个人应该知道真相 |
[41:08] | Who needs to know the truth. | 他需要知道真相 |
[41:11] | Will you do something for me? | 你能帮我个忙吗 |
[41:15] | Get my father to do something for me? | 让父亲为我做些事 |
[41:18] | I love you, dad. | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[41:20] | And I love you, mom. | 我也爱你 妈妈 |
[41:22] | “You both gave me so much love, | 你们给了我这么多的爱 |
[41:24] | “And I’m taking that with me wherever I’m going. | 无论身处何方 我都会永远珍视 |
[41:28] | “Now you’ll need to give it to each other. | 现在你们要把这些爱给予对方 |
[41:31] | “Goodbye, daddy. | 再见 爸爸 |
[41:34] | “Goodbye, mommy. | 再见 妈妈 |
[41:36] | I love you. Arianna.” | 爱你们的 安瑞安娜 |