时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:38] | Whoa. You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[00:40] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[00:41] | I just saw this girl, she was young, | 我只是梦到一个年轻女孩 |
[00:44] | she was maybe 18,and she was trapped | 她18岁左右 被困在 |
[00:47] | in this burning building. | 一栋燃烧的建筑物内 |
[00:49] | Oh. Who you calling? The fire department? | 你要打给谁 消防队吗 |
[00:51] | I… I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[00:53] | I didn’t see an address. | 我没有梦到具体地址 |
[00:58] | You know, I read something interesting the other day. | 前两天我读到一篇有趣的文章 |
[01:02] | Do you know that the average person | 知道吗 每个人平均 |
[01:04] | has six dreams a night? | 每晚做六个梦 |
[01:06] | No, I did not know that. | 我不知道 |
[01:08] | What exactly does that have to do with anything? | 那又怎样呢 |
[01:10] | That’s six dreams a night, 42 dreams a week, | 每晚6个梦 一周就是42个 |
[01:14] | 168 dreams a month, and that’s, what… | 一个月有168个梦 那么 |
[01:17] | 2,016 every year. | 一年就是2,016个 |
[01:20] | I don’t under… | 我不明白 |
[01:22] | And I know that you’re you and everything, | 我知道你的梦与众不同 |
[01:24] | but even you don’t have 2,016 meaningful dreams a year. | 但即便是你做的梦 也不可能个个都有意义 |
[01:27] | Some of the things that you dream about, | 你的有些梦 |
[01:29] | most of them, actually, have to be just… | 事实上 其中大部分都是 |
[01:31] | you know, regular… run-of-the-mill dreams. | 平凡普通的梦 |
[01:35] | What? A girl trapped in a burning building– | 什么 一个女孩被困在燃烧的建筑内 |
[01:38] | you actually think that’s run-of-the-mill? | 你真认为那只是个普通的梦 |
[01:40] | And what am I supposed to do, just ignore it? | 我该怎么做 置之不理吗 |
[01:43] | If you weren’t, don’t you think you would’ve seen an address? | 如果该你管 你就会梦到确切地址 |
[01:51] | Yeah. I… I guess you’re right. | 是啊 我想你是对的 |
[01:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:58] | No. Thank you. | 不 谢谢你 |
[02:52] | Mr. District Attorney | 检察官先生 |
[02:55] | do you have any comment on today’s proceedings? | 你对日的诉讼案有何评论 |
[02:57] | Well, it doesn’t surprise me that De La Vega’s attorneys | 不出我所料 德拉维加的律师已经 |
[03:00] | have filed a motion to delay the start of this trial. | 提交了一份议案 推迟了这次审判 |
[03:02] | If I were heading up a cartel’s narcotics operation in Phoenix, | 如果我在凤凰城领导一个垄断集团的贩毒团伙 |
[03:05] | if I had killed men and I had ordered men to be killed, | 如果我杀了人 或者下令杀人 |
[03:08] | I’d be looking to avoid my day in court as well. | 我也会尽量避免上法庭的 |
[03:11] | Mr. De La Vega! Excuse me, Mr. De La Vega! | 德拉维加先生 不好意思 先生 |
[03:13] | Excuse me! Mr. De La Vega! | 不好意思 德拉维加先生 |
[03:15] | Any comment on the judge denying your request? | 法官拒绝了你的请求 对此你有何感想 |
[03:17] | Is it true the defense is stalling | 辩护被推迟 |
[03:19] | because De La Vega’s former right-hand man | 是否是因为德拉维加的前任助手 |
[03:21] | has agreed to cooperate with you? | 同意与您合作 |
[03:23] | Well, they certainly seem worried about something. | 他们确实看起来忐忑不安 |
[03:25] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 失陪 |
[03:27] | I’m needed back in my office. | 我得回办公室了 |
[03:37] | Allison, glad you’re here. | 艾莉森 真高兴你来了 |
[03:39] | I need you to join me in the conference room. | 我需要你跟我一起到会议室来 |
[03:41] | Wilfredo Soto’s here to review his testimony. | 威尔佛雷多·索托正在里面准备证词 |
[03:43] | Sure. I didn’t realize | 好的 我不知道 |
[03:45] | that we were interviewing more interns. | 我们正在面试实习生 |
[03:47] | Hm? Oh, no, actually, they’re here interviewing | 哦 不 事实上他们是来应聘 |
[03:48] | for the new A.D.A. position. | 地区助理检察官这个新职位的 |
[03:50] | I managed to squeeze some money out of the budget so we can try and | 我设法拨出一部分预算 以便 |
[03:54] | -lighten the load around here. – You’re kidding! | -减轻我们的压力 -你在开玩笑吧 |
[03:56] | They’re assistant D.A.’s? | 他们是地区助理检察官 |
[03:58] | They look like children, not attorneys. | 他们看上去都还是孩子 可不像检察官 |
[04:00] | They’re both– they’re the only ones | 没错 鉴于我们提供的薪水并不丰厚 |
[04:01] | that’ll work for the money we’re offering. | 也只有他们愿意来干 |
[04:11] | Allison Dubois, this is Wilfredo Soto. | 迪布瓦 这位是威尔弗雷多·索托 |
[04:16] | Mr. District Attorney, I thought I made myself clear | 检察官先生 我想在我同意出庭作证时 |
[04:19] | when I agreed to testify. | 我已经说得很清楚了 |
[04:21] | We need to avoid new faces. | 我们需要尽量避免陌生人 |
[04:23] | Everyone I meet is one more person | 多一个陌生人就多一个告密者 |
[04:24] | who can tell De La Vega where I am. | 他会把我出卖给德拉维加 |
[04:27] | And I assured you that I would keep the number of people | 我向你保证我会把和你一起工作的人数 |
[04:29] | you work with to a minimum, but I can’t eliminate them entirely. | 降到最低 但绝不可能降为零 |
[04:33] | Mrs. Dubois is a consultant who helped assemble De La Vega’s jury. | 迪布瓦夫人是协助召集陪审团的顾问 |
[04:36] | Her sense of how they’ll react to your testimony is essential. | 她能预感陪审团对你的证词的反响 |
[05:05] | So, shall we begin? | 我们可以开始了吗 |
[05:09] | I think he’s already been targeted. | 我认为他已经被人盯上了 |
[05:11] | I think somebody’s already been hired to kill him. | 已经有人雇佣杀手准备干掉他 |
[05:14] | Targeted? By who? | 盯上了 被谁 |
[05:16] | I have no idea– all I can tell you is, the instant that I saw our witness, | 我也不知道 我一看到这位目击证人 |
[05:19] | I saw this man open a suitcase full of money and surveillance photographs. | 就看到一个人打开一箱钱和一袋监视照片 |
[05:22] | Well, can you describe this man, the one you think’s being paid to kill my witness? | 你能描述这个杀手的外貌吗 |
[05:26] | Perhaps generate a sketch, uh, something I can give | 比如画个素描 以便我 |
[05:29] | – to Soto’s security people. – Yeah, sure. | -拿给索托的保镖 -好的 |
[05:34] | Lynn, you wanted to see me? | 林恩 你找我有事吗 |
[05:36] | Yeah, the mayor asked me to stop by | 是的 市长让我顺便过来 |
[05:38] | and ask you a couple of questions. | 问你一些问题 |
[05:40] | Sure. Ask away. | 行 问吧 |
[05:42] | So, you going to win this thing and put that monster away? | 你会打赢这场官司 把罪犯绳之以法吧 |
[05:45] | I like our chances. | 我胜券在握 |
[05:47] | What’s the next question? | 下一个问题是什么 |
[05:50] | We were wondering how you’d feel about being the mayor of Phoenix. | 我们想知道你是否愿意担任凤凰城的市长 |
[05:55] | The mayor’s gonna make a bid for governor, | 现任市长将要竞选州长 |
[05:58] | and when he does, he’d like to endorse someone | 所以他需要任命一个 |
[06:00] | to run for his spot– and that someone is you. | 接替他位置的人 你是最佳人选 |
[06:12] | You’re supposed to tell me how honored you are. | 你应当回应说你不胜荣幸 |
[06:15] | I… I’m honored, of course. | 当然 我很荣幸 |
[06:18] | I’m just… | 我只是 |
[06:21] | surprised. | 很吃惊 |
[06:23] | Is that a yes? | 这么说你答应了 |
[06:27] | Manny, | 曼尼 |
[06:28] | I need to know you want this. | 我需要得到你肯定的答复 |
[06:30] | I need to know you’re ready to fight for it. | 我需要知道你会为之奋力争取 |
[06:32] | As soon as it’s out there that the mayor’s stepping down, | 一旦市长的职位空缺 |
[06:34] | people are gonna be throwing their hats in the ring. | 许多人会争先恐后地参与竞选 |
[06:36] | We know John Barnes from City Planning wants it. | 城市规划局的约翰·巴尔内斯虎视眈眈 |
[06:39] | Councilman Velez. | 贝雷斯市议员同样如此 |
[06:40] | Benito Velez? | 贝尼托·贝雷斯 |
[06:42] | He’s a hungry guy, Manuel. | 他可是个野心勃勃的人 曼纽尔 |
[06:45] | No, it’s just… | 只不过 |
[06:47] | our wives are good friends. | 我们的妻子是知己 |
[06:49] | Well, tell your wife to make | 让你太太去交些 |
[06:51] | some new friends. | 新朋友吧 |
[06:52] | Look, I know it’s a lot to take in, | 瞧 我知道有很多事需要考虑 |
[06:55] | but I need an answer, soon. | 但我需要一个明确的答案 越快越好 |
[06:59] | No, of course, I understand. | 当然 我明白 |
[07:01] | I just need a day or two to think it over | 只不过我需要一两天时间仔细考虑一番 |
[07:04] | and talk to my wife. | 我需要跟我太太谈谈 |
[07:06] | The mayor won’t ask you twice. | 机不可失 时不再来 |
[07:15] | They were interviewing new A.D.A.’s today. | 他们今天在面试新的地区助理检察官 |
[07:18] | Mm-hmm. So? | 唔 所以呢 |
[07:20] | So, they were really young. | 都是些年轻人 |
[07:23] | Really? How young? | 是吗 有多年轻 |
[07:25] | I don’t know, like, 27, 28. | 我不确定 大概27 28吧 |
[07:28] | Mm. That sounds about right, right? | 听上去没问题啊 |
[07:31] | They graduate at 21, | 他们21岁大学毕业 |
[07:33] | three years of law school, | 法学院学习3年 |
[07:35] | and three or four more in private practice, | 在私人律师行实习3到4年 |
[07:37] | Honey, I didn’t tell you so you can check my math, | 亲爱的我跟你说这个不是为了讨论算术 |
[07:40] | I’m just… saying that they’re young. | 我只是觉得 他们很年轻 |
[07:44] | I don’t know, maybe it’s not about that at all. | 我不知道 也许根本不是因为这个 |
[07:46] | Maybe it’s not that they’re young; | 也许不是因为他们很年轻 |
[07:48] | maybe it’s that I’m not. | 也许只是因为我不再年轻 |
[07:50] | Ah. You know what, I just don’t agree | 对于这个前提 |
[07:53] | with your central premise. | 我可不同意 |
[07:55] | You’re not old; you can’t be. | 你不老啊 你不可能老 |
[07:57] | I was older than you when we met, | 你看 我们当初遇到的时候我比你大 |
[08:00] | still older than you when we got married, | 我们结婚的时候我还是比你大 |
[08:02] | and I’m betting I’m older than you right now– | 我打赌我现在还是比你大 |
[08:05] | and I’m not old… | 而我还年轻呢 |
[08:07] | so you can’t be. | 你怎么可能就老了呢 |
[08:09] | It’s not about years, it’s about getting things done. | 这不是年龄的问题 而是把事情做好 |
[08:13] | I was pre-law, remember? | 我曾经是法学院预科生 记得吗 |
[08:15] | I took my L-SATs. | 我参加了法学院入学考试 |
[08:17] | If I stuck with it, maybe I could’ve been an A.D.A. | 如果没放弃 我也能当地区助理检察官 |
[08:20] | Why are you talking like that? | 你为什么这样说 |
[08:22] | Is there a time beyond which you can’t be an A.D.A.? | 地区助理检察官有年龄限制吗 |
[08:25] | Is there a cutoff? | 有截止日期吗 |
[08:27] | Come on, look at my life– I’ve got a daughter in college. | 看看我的生活 我的大女儿都已经上大学了 |
[08:29] | It just… doesn’t feel like | 我感觉 |
[08:31] | the moment in life where you start something. | 现在才开始干一番事业为时已晚 |
[08:36] | It feels like that moment… | 仿佛时间 |
[08:38] | has gone by. | 已经流逝 |
[09:35] | Hey, hey. | 嗨 嗨 |
[09:38] | Yeah? | 啊 |
[09:39] | Huh? | 唔 |
[09:40] | – You all right? – She-she gets saved. | -你没事吧 -她得救了 |
[09:42] | Hm? Who? Who got saved? | 谁 谁得救了 |
[09:44] | The girl, the girl I dreamt about last night, | 那个女孩 我昨晚梦到的 |
[09:46] | the one in the burning building. | 那个困在燃烧的建筑物里的女孩 |
[09:48] | A fireman comes in and saves her. | 一个消防队员冲进来救了她 |
[09:50] | She doesn’t burn to death. | 她没有被烧死 |
[09:52] | Is this the meaningless dream that you had last night? | 就是你昨晚做的那个毫无意义的梦 |
[09:57] | Yeah? Oh, so… I don’t need to worry | 是吗 所以我不用再担心 |
[09:59] | about the thing that never happened, | 这个梦是真是假 |
[10:01] | because even if it happened, everybody’s fine? | 就算是真的 大家都相安无事 |
[10:04] | Hmm, excellent. | 嗯 太棒了 |
[10:06] | Nighty night. Don’t let the bedbugs bite. | 乖乖睡吧 晚安 |
[10:13] | It’s Devalos. | 是德弗洛斯 |
[10:15] | I didn’t ask. | 我可没问你 |
[10:17] | Hello? | 你好 |
[10:19] | Allison, sorry to call so late, but I wanted you to know. | 艾莉森 这么晚打搅了 我只是 |
[10:23] | Wilfredo Soto is dead. | 想告诉你 威尔佛雷多·索托死了 |
[10:25] | What? | 什么 |
[10:27] | Was it the man that I saw today? | 是我今天看到的那个人干的吗 |
[10:29] | The one with the money and the pictures of Soto? | 那个拿着钱和索托照片的人 |
[10:31] | No. It appears to have been some kind of accident. | 不 看上去像是意外 |
[10:34] | I don’t have all the details yet, | 我现在尚未掌握所有细节 |
[10:36] | but apparently, our star witness died in a fire. | 但我们的证人显然死于一场火灾 |
[10:46] | So let me understand this. | 让我明确一点 |
[10:47] | There was a fire in the hotel, | 酒店失火了 |
[10:49] | and Wilfredo Soto was the only fatality? | 而威尔佛雷多·索托是唯一的死者 |
[10:53] | Fire started in the wall | 火从墙壁开始蔓延 |
[10:54] | of the unoccupied room one floor below. | 楼下一间空置的房间是起火点 |
[10:57] | A dozen or so hotel guests are being treated | 这家酒店有十多个客人因为吸入浓烟 |
[10:59] | for smoke inhalation and minor burns, | 或者轻微烧伤正在接受治疗 |
[11:01] | but Soto’s the only one who died. | 但是索托是唯一身亡的人 |
[11:04] | The man was in that hotel for protective custody. | 他正在该酒店被保护性拘留 |
[11:06] | He was surrounded by law enforcement. | 执法人员对他严加看管 |
[11:08] | How is such a thing possible, Lee? | 怎么可能发生这种事 李 |
[11:10] | Well, according to the fire investigator, | 根据火灾调查 这是电气火灾 |
[11:11] | an electrical fire started in a wall outlet. | 起火点是墙上内嵌的电源插座 |
[11:13] | It burned the plastic insulation on the wiring inside the wall. | 墙内电线的塑料绝缘体被烧着 |
[11:17] | That plastic created hydrogen cyanide | 塑料燃烧时产生的氢氰酸 |
[11:19] | and carbon monoxide fumes that traveled up the vent | 和一氧化碳等有毒废气 由通气孔 |
[11:22] | and into his room. | 进入他的房间 |
[11:24] | Soto was apparently asleep when the smoke entered the room, | 当烟进入房间时索托正在熟睡 |
[11:27] | but this stuff’s so toxic, | 但这些气体有剧毒 |
[11:29] | one or two inhales gets the job done. | 吸入一两口就会致命 |
[11:32] | The bottom line– it was an accident, pure and simple. | 至少这是一场简单纯粹的意外事故 |
[11:36] | Okay, I’ll ask again. | 好吧 我再问一遍 |
[11:37] | Where was his protective detail | 当那屋子里充斥着烟雾的时候 |
[11:38] | when that room was filling full of smoke | 他的保镖都去哪儿了 |
[11:40] | and my witness was choking to death? | 以至于我的目击证人窒息而死 |
[11:42] | I was told we had the entire floor to ourselves. | 我听说整个楼层都处于我们的监视之中 |
[11:44] | We did. | 的确如此 |
[11:46] | One agent was making his rounds. | 一个探员负责巡逻 |
[11:47] | Two more in the next room, | 另有两个探员在隔壁房间监视 |
[11:48] | plus a man at every exit. | 每个出口都有一人站岗 |
[11:50] | When the smoke alarms went off, | 当火警响起时 |
[11:51] | they all rushed into the room | 他们都冲进了房间 |
[11:53] | just as the fire was breaking through the walls, | 几乎是和火焰一起冲进那个屋子的 |
[11:55] | but it was too late, Manny. | 但还是晚了一步 曼尼 |
[11:56] | He was dead before they even got to him. | 他在这之前已经死了 |
[11:59] | Sorry, but, uh, for what it’s worth, | 抱歉 但我不得不说 |
[12:01] | that hotel has a spotless safety record. | 那间酒店的安保记录无可挑剔 |
[12:04] | Nobody could have foreseen this. | 没人能够预见这起事故 |
[12:07] | Okay, so, where does this leave us with the case? | 好的 那么 这起意外能帮助我们破案吗 |
[12:11] | I’m not sure we still have a case. | 我不确定这是否是谋杀 |
[12:19] | Channel Nine has confirmed | 第九频道刚刚确认 |
[12:21] | that Wilfredo Soto, a former high-level member | 威尔佛雷多·索托 一位臭名昭著的 |
[12:23] | of the notorious Oaxaca narcotics cartel, | 贩毒集团的前任高级官员 |
[12:27] | died late last night in a hotel fire. | 昨晚在其下榻的酒店因火灾身亡 |
[12:29] | Soto was apparently slated to testify… | 索托生前显然是要出庭作证 |
[12:31] | Councilman Velez. | 贝雷斯议员 |
[12:33] | Mr. District Attorney. | 检察官先生 |
[12:35] | Sounds like you had a tough break. | 假期过得不怎么顺利啊 |
[12:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:39] | We’re not dead yet. | 这事还没完呢 |
[12:40] | Of course, haven’t bothered to check my own pulse lately. | 当然了 因为这事我最近总是提心吊胆的 |
[12:43] | Coffee. Black. | 黑咖啡 |
[12:45] | Thank you for coming. | 感谢你能前来 |
[12:47] | I’m a lowly councilman. | 我只是个普通的议员 |
[12:50] | My office is in a strip mall. | 我的办公室在商业区里 |
[12:52] | I get an invite from somebody like the District Attorney, | 我接到了地方检察官的邀请 |
[12:54] | I’m here. | 所以我就来了 |
[12:57] | Now if this is about, um, firming our Christmas plans, | 如果你是来确认我们圣诞节的行程 |
[12:59] | I told my wife to tell your wife | 我会让我妻子转告您妻子 |
[13:01] | that it’s your turn to pick. | 今年该轮到你们选旅行地点了 |
[13:03] | I just want to ski. | 我只想滑雪 |
[13:05] | I doesn’t matter to me what the name of the mountain is. | 任何一座雪山都可以 |
[13:08] | No, it’s not about that. | 不 不是因为这事 |
[13:09] | Have you heard anything | 你听说 |
[13:10] | about the mayor taking a run at the governor’s race? | 市长要竞选州长的事了吗 |
[13:13] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[13:16] | I know you want out of that strip mall. | 我知道你想要离开那片商业区 |
[13:19] | I’m guilty, Counselor. | 我不该隐瞒你的 律师先生 |
[13:21] | The mayor’s not planning on endorsing somebody, | 市长尚未打算任命接班人 |
[13:25] | and I haven’t heard that he has, | 至少我还没听说 |
[13:27] | and I might take a run at it. | 也许我可以自告奋勇一下 |
[13:29] | Who knows? If I make enough noise, | 谁知道呢 如果我做出一番成绩 |
[13:31] | maybe he’ll endorse me. | 也许他会提名我 |
[13:32] | That’s why I wanted to see you. | 这正是我来见你的原因 |
[13:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:39] | He’s asked me to run, Benito, | 他已经征询了我的意见 贝尼托 |
[13:40] | and he’s offered me his endorsement. | 而且他已经提名了我 |
[13:45] | Well, that makes sense. | 那就说得通了 |
[13:48] | So, that’s it, huh? | 你想说的就这些吗 |
[13:50] | Actually, I… | 实际上 我 |
[13:52] | I haven’t made a decision yet. | 我还没打定主意 |
[13:56] | What about you? | 那么你呢 |
[13:57] | Does this… change anything? | 这会改变你的想法吗 |
[14:01] | Like you said, I want out of that strip mall. | 如你所说 我想离开那片商业区 |
[14:06] | I consider you a friend, Benito. | 我当你是兄弟 贝尼托 |
[14:09] | Our wives are best friends… | 我们的妻子也是好朋友 |
[14:11] | Well, that’s not going to change. | 这点不会改变 |
[14:12] | I’m just concerned. | 我只是担心 |
[14:13] | Things have been said. | 一些流言蜚语 |
[14:15] | Confidences shared. | 一些秘密会不胫而走 |
[14:19] | What does that have to do with being mayor? | 那对竞选市长有丝毫影响吗 |
[14:21] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[14:23] | Absolutely nothing. | 绝对没有 |
[14:24] | I just… I just… | 我只是 |
[14:26] | I want this campaign to stay focused on the issues. | 我只想让公众关注的焦点集中在竞选本身 |
[14:32] | Hey, I would never take advantage of our friendship, | 我绝不会利用我们的友谊 |
[14:35] | or our wives’ friendship. | 或者我们妻子的友谊 |
[14:37] | Anything that she might know, that I might know, | 任何她知道的事 以及我知道的事 |
[14:39] | is strictly off-limits. | 绝对不会泄露出去 |
[14:42] | Thank you for saying that, Benny. | 谢谢你能这么说 贝尼 |
[14:44] | And knowing that you feel that way, | 知道了你的想法后 |
[14:46] | I’m inclined to do it. | 我会尊重你的选择 |
[14:48] | There’s no one I’d rather run against. | 很高兴和你成为竞争对手 |
[14:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:54] | I meant what I said. | 我实话实说 |
[14:56] | I would never say anything. | 绝不会胡说八道 |
[14:58] | But reporters and bloggers– | 但报道和博客 |
[15:01] | they love looking for trash. | 都热衷于绯闻 |
[15:04] | And you never know what rock they’re gonna look under | 你永远猜不到 |
[15:06] | till they get it. | 他们会挖出什么花边新闻 |
[15:08] | Just, uh, something to keep in mind. | 心里有数就行 |
[15:13] | Right. | 对 |
[15:16] | Duly noted. | 感谢提醒 |
[15:24] | Excuse me? | 抱歉打扰一下 |
[15:26] | Morning. Can I help you with something? | 早安 有什么能为您效劳的吗 |
[15:28] | My name’s Allison Dubois. | 我是艾莉森·迪布瓦 |
[15:29] | I’m with the District Attorney’s office. | 是地方检察院的办事员 |
[15:30] | I’m here to pick up the official report | 我到这儿来拿 |
[15:32] | on the fire at the Chapman Hotel. | 查普曼饭店火灾的官方记录 |
[15:34] | Let me take a lookin his office. | 我去他办公室里找找 |
[15:37] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[16:03] | Here you go. That’s the report. | 给 这就是那份报告 |
[16:06] | And I made a copy for you, so you can take that with you. | 我帮你复印了一份 这样你就能拿走了 |
[16:08] | – Great. Thanks. – Yeah. | -好极了 谢谢 -不客气 |
[16:09] | Um, all these people– did they all die in fires? | 这些人 都是在火灾中身亡的吗 |
[16:12] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:14] | Yeah, this is tradition here at the 55th. | 是的 这个传统在这里保留了55年了 |
[16:15] | Some of these pictures go all the way back to the ’60s. | 其中的一些照片能追溯到60年代 |
[16:18] | Who’s this girl? | 这女孩是谁 |
[16:21] | Can you tell me what happened to her? | 能告诉我她的故事吗 |
[16:23] | Honestly, I have no idea. | 老实说 我不太清楚 |
[16:25] | I just transferred into the company. | 我刚调到这家公司不久 |
[16:26] | That’s why they’ve got me waxing the trucks | 这就是为什么大家都在受训 |
[16:28] | while everyone else is out training. | 而我却在这儿给卡车打蜡的原因 |
[16:31] | Uh, speaking of which, if you don’t need anything else… | 说到这 如果你没什么别的需要 |
[16:33] | No, no, I’m all set. | 没有了 我自己来吧 |
[16:38] | It happened a little over a year ago. | 这事发生在一年前 |
[16:41] | Her name was Charlotte Spencer. | 她的名字叫夏洛特·斯宾塞 |
[16:43] | This article says that she was squatting | 报道上说火灾发生的时候 |
[16:46] | in an abandoned building downtown when the fire started. | 她蜷缩在镇里一幢废弃的楼房中 |
[16:49] | Okay. | 哦 |
[16:51] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[16:52] | I saw her get rescued, not killed. | 我明明看见她获救了 没有死 |
[16:54] | Did you actually see the two of them | 你确定看到他俩都 |
[16:55] | walking out of the building? | 离开了那幢房子了吗 |
[16:57] | No. | 没有 |
[16:58] | Then you didn’t see ’em | 也就是说你没看见他们 |
[17:00] | getting rescued, did you? | 真正获救了 对吗 |
[17:02] | I’m confused. | 我有点迷茫了 |
[17:04] | This happened a year ago? | 这事是一年前发生的吗 |
[17:06] | Why does any of this matter? | 它怎么会引起你的兴趣 |
[17:08] | I don’t know. I keep dreaming about it. | 我也不知道 我只是一直梦见它 |
[17:10] | There’s got to be a reason. | 肯定有什么原因 |
[17:11] | Six dreams a night, my dear. | 一晚上能做6个梦呢 亲爱的 |
[17:14] | 42 dreams a week. | 一周能做42个梦 |
[17:17] | 168 dreams every month. | 一个月能做168个梦 |
[18:10] | He’s the captain of Engine Company 55. | 他是55消防支队的队长 |
[18:13] | His name is Frank Davenport. | 他名叫弗兰克·达文波特 |
[18:14] | He’s the man I saw taking money | 他正是我看见的那个被收买 |
[18:16] | to execute Wilfredo Soto. | 去杀害威尔佛雷多·索托的人 |
[18:18] | So he’s a fireman and a contract killer? | 也就是说他既是消防员又是雇佣杀手喽 |
[18:21] | He’s a contract killer who uses fire to get away with murder. | 他是个利用火灾作案的雇佣杀手 |
[18:25] | And Wilfredo Soto was not his first kill. | 而且威尔佛雷多·索托不是他第一个杀的人 |
[18:27] | I dreamt about him killing this girl. | 我还梦见他杀了这个女孩 |
[18:29] | First she thought | 一开始她以为 |
[18:30] | he was there to rescue her, but then, | 他是来救她出去的 但接着 |
[18:33] | he stopped her from leaving | 他阻止她离开屋子 |
[18:34] | till she choked to death on the smoke. | 直到她因浓烟而窒息身亡 |
[18:36] | You see, he sets the fires, | 是他放的火 |
[18:38] | and then, because he’s a fireman, | 然后 他利用自己消防员的身份 |
[18:39] | he’s there to make sure that his victim doesn’t survive. | 去火灾现场确保他的目标不会生还 |
[18:42] | Allison, I-I read the same fire report you did, | 艾莉森 我也读了你读的那份报告 |
[18:45] | and the city’s arson investigator said | 市纵火研究办称 |
[18:46] | that there’s no doubt in his mind | 索托身亡的那次火灾 |
[18:48] | that the fire that killed Soto was accidental. | 绝对是一场意外 |
[18:50] | Well, I know, but who better to make a fire look | 我知道 但比起这位天天在火场转悠的人 |
[18:53] | like an accident than someone who’s around it every day? | 还有谁能精心策划出这起意外事故 |
[18:55] | Look, I don’t know Davenport personally, | 虽然我不认识达文波特 |
[18:57] | but I do know him by reputation, | 但我知道他的口碑很好 |
[18:58] | and apparently, he’s the real deal. | 很明显 他是消防员的典范 |
[19:00] | First guy through the door at a fire, last one out. | 第一个冲进火里 最后一个离开 |
[19:03] | Well, of course. He’s got to be the first one through the door. | 他当然得第一个冲进火灾现场 |
[19:06] | He’s got to make sure his target doesn’t get out alive. | 他得确认他的目标没有生还的可能 |
[19:08] | You know, I checked into it. | 我查过这事了 |
[19:09] | His fire company was the first to arrive at the scene | 他的消防队是第一个抵达 |
[19:12] | of the fire that killed Wilfredo Soto | 威尔佛雷多·索托身亡的火灾现场的 |
[19:13] | and the one that killed Charlotte Spencer. | 那个家伙也如法炮制地杀死了夏洛特·斯宾塞 |
[19:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:17] | Okay, let’s say you’re right. | 好的 我们就当你说的都是事实 |
[19:20] | Frank Davenport’s a contract killer who– | 弗兰克·达文波特是个雇佣杀手 |
[19:22] | for the right price– will use fire to eliminate a target. | 只要价钱合理 就能利用火灾来干掉目标 |
[19:25] | Now, Wilfredo Soto was a man with a price on his head, | 现在 索托是个能大捞一票的目标 |
[19:29] | and Davenport certainly had the means, the expertise, | 而达文波特有手段 有专业技术 |
[19:31] | and the opportunity to execute him | 能在不节外生枝的情况下 |
[19:33] | without raising too many eyebrows. | 铲除他所被指派的目标 |
[19:35] | But what about this woman? | 那这个女孩呢 |
[19:36] | What about Charlotte Spencer? | 夏洛特·斯宾塞有什么价值 |
[19:38] | According to this article, she was destitute. | 报道中称 她生活窘迫 |
[19:40] | A runaway who was squatting in an abandoned building | 是一个蜷缩在废弃大楼里的无家可归的人 |
[19:43] | because she had no place else to go. | 因为她没有别的地方可去了 |
[19:45] | If Davenport is this high-priced killer for hire, | 如果达文波特是因高价而被雇佣 |
[19:47] | who would have paid his fee to see her dead? | 那谁又会雇他杀这个女孩 |
[19:50] | I’m not sure yet. | 我不知道 |
[19:52] | I just know what I saw. | 我只知道我所看见的 |
[20:09] | You’re the lady with the D.A.’s office, right? | 你就是那位地检办的女士 对吗 |
[20:13] | I’m-I’m Frank Davenport. | 我是弗兰克·达文波特 |
[20:14] | I’m the captain here. | 消防支队的队长 |
[20:17] | Look, one of my guys told me you were looking at some files. | 我的手下告诉我你来看了些文件 |
[20:20] | That you seemed interested in that fire that happened | 你好像对去年发生在杰斐逊大街上 |
[20:23] | at the abandoned building on Jefferson last year. | 一幢废弃大楼里的火灾感兴趣 |
[20:25] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[20:28] | Well, may I ask why the D.A’s office is interested | 能允许我问问地检办为何偏偏对 |
[20:31] | in that particular fire? | 那场大火感兴趣吗 |
[20:32] | I’m not really at liberty to say. | 恕我无可奉告 |
[20:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:37] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[20:39] | It’s just, you know, I… | 只是 |
[20:43] | I have a particular interest in that fire. | 我对那场大火很有兴趣 |
[20:45] | I mean, my daughter died in that fire. | 我女儿在那次火灾中丧生了 |
[20:49] | You didn’t know that? | 你不知道这事吗 |
[20:51] | Wait. In-in this file, it says the only victim was a girl | 等等 文件中说事件中唯一受害的女孩子 |
[20:55] | named… Charlotte Spencer. | 她名叫夏洛特·斯宾塞 |
[20:56] | I know. She was born Charlotte Davenport. | 我知道 她本名叫夏洛特·达文波特 |
[20:59] | Spencer’s her stepdad’s name. | 斯宾塞是他继父的姓 |
[21:03] | Look, honestly… | 老实说 |
[21:07] | …I didn’t know Charlotte really at all | 我不太清楚夏洛特 |
[21:09] | the last few years of her life, okay? | 后面几年的生活 |
[21:11] | I mean, my split with her mom messed her up pretty good. | 我和她母亲离异彻底毁了她的生活 |
[21:17] | She ran away from home when she was 15. | 她15岁时离家出走 |
[21:19] | Lived on the streets till the day she died. | 在遇难之前她一直住在那条街上 |
[21:28] | The night of that fire, | 在那晚的大火中 |
[21:30] | I-I… I… | 我 我 我 |
[21:32] | I didn’t even realize it was her. | 我没能认出她 |
[21:35] | I mean, I saw the body. | 我见到了那具尸体 |
[21:36] | I just assumed it was some vagrant. | 以为只是某个流浪者 |
[21:41] | Some street kid, you know? | 某个无家可归的孩子 |
[21:45] | Anyway, um… | 不管怎么说 |
[21:49] | …if you’re here today ’cause you have | 如果你今天到这来是因为 |
[21:51] | some new information about Charlotte… | 你有什么关于夏洛特的消息的话 |
[21:54] | I mean, if there’s anything… | 我是说 如果你知道任何 |
[21:57] | that you know that might help me, | 可以帮助到我的消息 |
[21:59] | help my wife know what happened, | 或者让我妻子知道发生了什么 |
[22:02] | I guess… I’d be curious to know. | 我想 我真的很想知道 |
[22:11] | Well, we did have some new information, Captain Davenport, | 我们确实有一些新消息 达文波特队长 |
[22:14] | but now that I’ve looked over the file, I think… | 但现在我看完了这个档案 我想 |
[22:19] | I’m pretty sure it’s bad information. | 我很确定那是坏消息 |
[22:22] | I-I’m pretty sure that | 我 我很确定 |
[22:24] | we don’t have anything important to tell you. | 我们没有什么重要的信息要告诉你 |
[22:27] | Okay. I see. | 好的 我明白了 |
[22:31] | I’m very sorry about your daughter. | 关于你女儿的事 我很抱歉 |
[22:33] | Yeah. Appreciate that. | 明白 谢谢你 |
[22:37] | Okay. Okay. Thanks. | 好了 谢谢 |
[22:55] | You used to tell me everything. | 你曾和我无话不谈 |
[22:59] | The mayor calls, offers you his job, | 市长打电话来 想要让你接班 |
[23:03] | and I hear about it from Christina? | 我从克里斯蒂娜那里听说的 |
[23:07] | Is this not reason to celebrate? | 这难道不需要庆祝吗 |
[23:09] | Of course it is. | 这当然是 |
[23:12] | Of course it is. | 这当然是 |
[23:15] | So, Christina told you, huh? | 那么是克里斯蒂娜告诉你的 对吗 |
[23:16] | Mm. She heard it from Benito. | 她从贝尼托那听说的 |
[23:20] | I acted like I knew. | 我装作我已经知道了 |
[23:21] | I figured you were in court | 我猜你当时在法庭上 |
[23:23] | and you couldn’t use your phone. | 所以你不能用手机 |
[23:30] | Manuel, what’s going on? | 曼纽尔 发生了什么 |
[23:32] | You accepted, didn’t you? | 你答应了 对吗 |
[23:34] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[23:36] | I wanted to think about it,and I wanted to talk with you. | 我想好好考虑考虑 还想和你谈谈 |
[23:40] | And Benito. | 还有贝尼托 |
[23:41] | And Benito, yeah. | 对 还有贝尼托 |
[23:44] | You’re not gonna make this easy, are you? | 你不想接任这个职位吗 |
[23:47] | Lily, if I do it… | 莉莉 如果我参加竞选 |
[23:50] | I want to win. | 我想赢 |
[23:52] | You’ll win. | 你会赢的 |
[23:55] | Who’d run against you? | 谁会和你竞选 |
[23:58] | Benito, for one. | 贝尼托 是一个 |
[24:01] | That’s what you’re worried about? | 那就是你所担心的吗 |
[24:04] | Benito? | 贝尼托吗 |
[24:08] | I love him to death, | 我很爱他 |
[24:09] | but he barely kept his seat | 但是上次选举他几乎没能保住 |
[24:11] | on the city council last term. | 他在市议会的位子 |
[24:14] | You don’t seriously think | 你不会真的认为 |
[24:15] | he could compete with you in a mayoral election? | 他能在市长竞选中和你竞争吧 |
[24:18] | I’m not really worried about losing to him. | 我倒不是担心会败给他 |
[24:21] | I’m… I’m just worried about what he’d do to win. | 我只是担心他会为了赢得选举而不择手段 |
[24:30] | Lily… think about it. | 莉莉 好好想想 |
[24:33] | Think about everything he knows. | 想想他知道的一切 |
[24:35] | Think about… all the things that you’ve told Christina | 想想你告诉过克里斯蒂娜的所有事 |
[24:38] | and Christina’s told him. | 克里斯蒂娜已经告诉他了 |
[24:46] | Everything you went through after… Arianna died. | 在雅利安娜死后 你所经历的任何事 |
[24:53] | What I went through? | 我经历过什么事 |
[24:57] | My daughter killed herself. | 我的女儿自杀了 |
[25:01] | My doctor gave me some pills. | 我的医生给了我一些药片 |
[25:04] | They worked. | 它们起作用了 |
[25:07] | And you kept on taking them… | 你一直在吃它们 |
[25:10] | even after he stopped prescribing them. | 即使医生停止给你开药 |
[25:13] | And then we realized you had a problem, | 然后我们意识到你染上了毒瘾 |
[25:15] | and you went away and you dealt with it. | 你离开了 随后你康复了 |
[25:18] | And doing that was monumental. | 做到那些非常不容易 |
[25:21] | I know that, you know that, | 你知我知 |
[25:23] | and Christina knows it. | 克里斯蒂娜也知道 |
[25:26] | And I’m pretty damn sure that Benito knows it– | 我敢打赌贝尼托也知道 |
[25:29] | I’m just not sure that he cares. | 我只是不确定他会在意 |
[25:32] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[25:34] | He’s our friend. | 他是我们的朋友 |
[25:35] | He’s your best friend’s husband. | 他是你最好朋友的丈夫 |
[25:38] | And what he lacks in character, | 他用勃勃野心 |
[25:41] | he makes up in ruthless ambition. | 弥补他性格方面的缺失 |
[25:43] | And you’re right, a race between us would be no race at all, | 你是对的 我们之间的竞争不是竞争 |
[25:46] | so he’d have to distract everyone from his poor record. | 所以他必须把人们的视线从他的不良记录上移开 |
[25:49] | He’d have to run a negative campaign. | 他不得不诋毁我 |
[25:52] | Lily, he’s gonna dredge up our daughter’s suicide… | 莉莉 他会重提我们女儿自杀的事 |
[25:56] | and he’s going to tell everything | 他会说出一切 |
[25:58] | that we went through in the wake of it, I guarantee it. | 我们在那之后经历过的事 我敢肯定 |
[26:06] | Let him. | 随他吧 |
[26:19] | Then take your hands off me. | 把你的手拿开 |
[26:34] | Wh-What are you doing? | 你要干吗 |
[26:36] | Lily, where are you going? | 莉莉 你要去哪 |
[26:38] | I’m gonna try and pour this champagne back into the bottle. | 我要试着把这些香槟倒回瓶里 |
[26:46] | Can you not think so loud? | 你能不那么大声的想吗 |
[26:49] | Sorry. I’ll try to keep it down. | 抱歉 我已经试着小声点了 |
[26:53] | Do you know the other night when you said that my dream | 你还记得那晚你说的我梦 |
[26:56] | was… meaningless? | 没有意义 |
[26:58] | The one about the girl and the fireman. | 关于一个女孩和一个消防员的梦 |
[27:01] | We having a conversation? | 我们讨论过吧 |
[27:04] | ‘Cause as hard as it is falling asleep when you’re thinking, | 因为当你思考的时候很难入睡 |
[27:08] | it’s next to impossible when you’re actually talking to me. | 事实上当你想和我说话的时候我几乎不能睡 |
[27:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:14] | Just, it wasn’t really meaningless. | 只是那并非真的无意义 |
[27:16] | “Meaningless” isn’t the right word. | “无意义”这个词不恰当 |
[27:18] | It was kind of reckless. | 那是一种粗心大意 |
[27:20] | Okay, you got it–reckless, it is. | 你说对了 就是粗心大意 |
[27:23] | No, not the dream. | 不 不是说梦 |
[27:25] | The dream isn’t reckless. | 那个梦不粗心大意 |
[27:27] | Me. Chasing a dream, trying to make sense of it. | 是我 纠结这个梦 想搞清它的意思 |
[27:31] | I was reckless. | 是我粗心大意 |
[27:34] | In a sense, you were right. | 在某种意义上 你是对的 |
[27:36] | I didn’t see the time, I didn’t see the place– | 我没梦见时间 也没梦见地点 |
[27:38] | I should’ve just left it alone. | 我不应该插手的 |
[27:40] | Sorry, I’m lost– what are we talking about? | 抱歉 我有点糊涂 我们在说什么 |
[27:43] | The girl. | 那女孩 |
[27:44] | The one that I saw the fireman try to save | 那个我看到消防员要救的女孩 |
[27:47] | and then saw the fireman, you know, try to kill her. | 然后你知道 看到消防员要杀她 |
[27:51] | Well, I met him today. | 我今天遇到他了 |
[27:54] | The fireman is her father. | 那个消防员是他父亲 |
[27:56] | The fireman who killed her was her father? | 那个杀她的消防员是她父亲 |
[27:58] | No, he didn’t kill her; nobody killed her. | 不 不是他杀的 没人杀她 |
[28:00] | The fire killed her. | 是大火杀了她 |
[28:01] | I… I mean, the subject of death came up, | 我的意思是 凶手出现了 |
[28:05] | and… he’s her father– | 而且 他是她父亲 |
[28:08] | you should have seen his face, his eyes. | 你本该看到他的脸 他的眼睛 |
[28:11] | I mean, he was clearly just… | 我的意思是 很明显他 |
[28:14] | destroyed by her loss. | 因她的死受到很大打击 |
[28:19] | I was just so wrong. | 我错了 |
[28:21] | I should’ve just left well enough alone. | 我应该适可而止 |
[28:24] | All I did today was dredge up a bunch of awful memories | 我今天想起了一系列不堪的回忆 |
[28:27] | and create some new pain for somebody who’s clearly had more than their share. | 给那些本就痛苦的人增添了新的痛苦 |
[28:34] | Hey, do you think it’s too late to call our daughter? | 你觉得现在给我们女儿电话晚不晚 |
[28:37] | New Hampshire? Yes. | 新罕布什尔 晚的 |
[28:40] | Come here. | 睡吧 |
[28:42] | What is… what are we doing? | 我们要干吗 |
[28:44] | I was, um, just hoping | 我只是 希望 |
[28:45] | that maybe we could have some meaningless dreams together. | 也许我们能一起做没有意义的梦 |
[28:50] | Hm? And then it would be morning, | 然后就到早上了 |
[28:52] | and then we could call our daughter. | 然后我们就能给女儿打电话了 |
[29:01] | Give it to me. | 把钱给我 |
[29:04] | Right now, college boy– come on, | 就现在 大学生 快点 |
[29:05] | don’t make me ask you again. | 别让我再说一遍 |
[29:07] | Good. Now, uh, put your card back in | 好 现在把你的卡插回去 |
[29:09] | and, uh, take out everything that’s left in your account. | 把你账户里所有的钱都取出来 |
[29:12] | But-but that was everything I had left in my account. | 但是 那是我账户里所有的钱 |
[29:14] | Please… | 求求你了 |
[29:15] | please, I am not lying–my parents control the account. | 求你了 我没说谎 我父母控制账户 |
[29:17] | They only put a hundred bucks in a week. | 他们一周只存100美元 |
[29:19] | Check the receipt if you don’t believe me. | 要是不信我 你查收据 |
[29:20] | It’ll show you there’s nothing left. | 它能证明账户确实空了 |
[29:24] | I’m sorry I don’t have more–I’d give it to you if I did. | 我确实没有钱了 要是我有我会全给你 |
[29:27] | But my bike’s right over there if you want it. | 我自行车就在那 要是你想要 |
[29:28] | What the hell am I supposed to do with your bike, man? Huh? | 伙计 我要你的破自行车干嘛 |
[29:31] | What am I supposed to do with a hundred bucks and your bike?! | 我究竟要你的100美元和破自行车干吗 |
[29:33] | How am I supposed to get me and my girlfriend our drugs tonight, huh? Huh? | 我今晚要给我自己和我女朋友买毒品 |
[29:37] | Huh?! Answer me, college boy! | 回答我 大学生 |
[29:38] | How am I supposed to get us our drugs?! | 我该怎么弄到毒品 |
[29:41] | Eddie, stop!Please! | 埃迪 住手 求你了 |
[29:42] | He gave us everything he has. | 他给了我们他所有的钱 |
[29:44] | Let’s just take it and go. | 我们拿了钱就走吧 |
[29:58] | Was it something I said? | 我说过什么吗 |
[30:02] | Mm. It’s 3:17 in the morning. | 现在是凌晨3:17 |
[30:04] | I roll over, there’s nobody there | 我翻了个身 床的另一边 |
[30:05] | on the other side of the bed. | 没有人 |
[30:07] | What are you doing, huh? | 你在干嘛 |
[30:08] | What’s going on? | 怎么样 |
[30:10] | That girl, the one who died in the fire. | 那女孩 在火中死的女孩 |
[30:13] | Turns out she was involved in a robbery at gunpoint. | 她与一起持枪抢劫案有关 |
[30:16] | So I dreamt about it, and then I found it here. | 我梦到了 然后在这发现了 |
[30:18] | That’s her– that’s Charlotte Spencer. | 就是她 夏洛特·斯宾塞 |
[30:20] | That’s the girl who died in the fire. | 那个死在火中的女孩 |
[30:23] | Can you really be sure? | 你能确定 |
[30:26] | She’s been dead over a year now– it’d be kind of hard | 她已经死了一年了 |
[30:28] | to arrest her at this point, don’t you think? | 现在无法逮捕她 不是吗 |
[30:31] | I’m just saying, is this really worth losing sleep over? | 我的意思是 这事真值得你熬夜吗 |
[30:35] | I mean, even if the girl in that picture | 我是说 即使那照片中的女孩 |
[30:37] | is the girl that you’ve been dreaming about, so what? | 是你曾梦到过的 那又怎么样 |
[30:39] | It doesn’t change anything, does it? | 那不会改变什么 对吗 |
[30:41] | I mean, is her father any more likely | 我的意思是 他父亲有可能 |
[30:43] | to kill her just because she was a petty criminal? | 因为这个小案件杀了她吗 |
[30:47] | No disrespect, this is all very interesting, | 没有冒犯的意思 这很有趣 |
[30:49] | I just don’t think that it’s very meaningful. | 我认为那没什么意义 |
[30:52] | Come on, shut that thing down. | 快点吧 把电脑关了 |
[30:54] | Let’s get back to bed. | 我们回去睡觉吧 |
[31:02] | Lily… | 莉莉 |
[31:03] | what-what are you doing out of bed? | 你起床干嘛 |
[31:05] | It’s the middle of the night. | 现在可是半夜 |
[31:07] | – Are you a coward?- What? | -你是胆小鬼吗 -什么 |
[31:10] | Did I marry a coward? I need to know. | 我要知道 我是不是嫁给了个胆小鬼 |
[31:13] | Lily, you’re talking nonsense– get in bed. | 莉莉 你在胡说什么 上床 |
[31:15] | Manuel, as God is my witness, I have never done anything | 曼纽尔 上帝做证 我没做过任何 |
[31:19] | that I was… ashamed of. | 让我羞愧的事情 |
[31:22] | I-I had some regrets… | 我 我有点后悔 |
[31:26] | but nothing I’d ever deny. | 但我从没否认 |
[31:28] | And up until about six hours ago, | 直到六个小时前 |
[31:30] | I would have said the same thing about you. | 我要对你说同样的事 |
[31:35] | Would it really humiliate you | 那真的会让你蒙羞吗 |
[31:38] | if everything I went through were to come out? | 如果我所经历过的事公诸于众 |
[31:40] | Is that why you won’t run? | 那是你不参加竞选的原因吗 |
[31:42] | Because it wouldn’t humiliate me. | 因为我不会因此而蒙羞 |
[31:50] | Our daughter killed herself. | 我们的女儿自杀了 |
[31:55] | That’s just a fact. | 那是事实 |
[31:58] | And we had to keep on living. | 我们得继续生活下去 |
[32:03] | And I, for one, have nothing to hide. | 首先 我没什么可隐瞒的 |
[32:10] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你说得对 |
[32:12] | Maybe I am a coward. | 我是个懦夫 |
[32:14] | But I just can’t bear the thought | 我无法忍受的是 |
[32:17] | of that… man trifling with our memories, | 那个男人把我们的记忆当儿戏 |
[32:20] | using the tragedies we’ve endured | 把我们的悲惨经历 |
[32:22] | as a weapon against us. | 当作对付我们的武器 |
[32:28] | Then you get a weapon. | 你也有武器 |
[32:33] | Manuel? | 曼纽尔 |
[32:36] | Benito. | 贝尼托 |
[32:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:39] | Thank you for coming by. | 多谢你过来 |
[32:41] | I have a trial starting in 20 minutes, | 我20分钟后有个审讯 |
[32:43] | but I couldn’t bear the thought of doing this over the phone. | 我不能忍受在电话里讲这些 |
[32:46] | No problem. | 没关系 |
[32:47] | Like I said the other day, | 就像我之前说的 |
[32:49] | the district attorney calls, I jump. | 地区检察官给我打电话 我随叫随到 |
[32:51] | At least for the moment. | 至少目前是 |
[32:53] | I wanted you to be the, um, third to know. | 我想让你成为 第三个知情者 |
[32:57] | After a great deal of consideration, | 我仔细考虑过了 |
[32:59] | I’ve decided to accept the mayor’s endorsement. | 决定接受市长的委任 |
[33:01] | I’ll announce my candidacy tomorrow. | 我明天就会宣布参选 |
[33:06] | I’m surprised, Manuel. | 我很惊讶 曼纽尔 |
[33:08] | I’ve always known you to be a thoughtful man. | 我一直都觉得你是个深思熟虑 |
[33:12] | A careful man. | 谨言慎行的人 |
[33:14] | I don’t sense you’ve been very thoughtful | 但这个决定你做得既不慎重 |
[33:15] | or careful about this decision. | 也不谨慎 |
[33:17] | And what about Lily? | 莉莉怎么办 |
[33:19] | You honestly think that she’s up for this? | 你真的认为她会赞同吗 |
[33:22] | You said it yourself the other day. | 那天你自己承认 |
[33:24] | This could be all very…unseemly. | 这将会招致许多 非议 |
[33:27] | I appreciate your concern, Benito, but I’ve learned | 谢谢你的关心 贝尼托 但是我已经懂得 |
[33:29] | to never underestimate my wife. | 永远不要低估自己的妻子 |
[33:30] | I think she’ll do just fine. | 我认为她不会有事的 |
[33:31] | And besides, we’re friends. | 更何况 我们是兄弟 |
[33:33] | And I know that we’re both committed to running campaigns | 我们说好了 在竞选的时候 |
[33:35] | that focus strictly on the issues. | 要公平竞争 |
[33:36] | – Absolutely. Of course. – Good. | -没错 那当然了 -很好 |
[33:39] | Then it’s hard to imagine | 这样一来 |
[33:42] | that, uh, Lily or Christina will have anything to worry about. | 莉莉和克里斯蒂娜都没什么好担心的了 |
[33:44] | Christina? Worried? | 你说克里斯蒂娜会担心 |
[33:47] | Let me tell you a secret. | 我告诉你个秘密吧 |
[33:50] | My Christina’s a bit of a ham. | 我家克里斯蒂娜就爱热闹 |
[33:51] | I think she’s actually gonna enjoy the whole thing. | 我想她应该会很享受整个过程吧 |
[33:54] | Well, good for her. | 那就好 |
[33:58] | You know, I’m actually jealous of our wives. | 我其实挺嫉妒我们妻子的 |
[33:59] | The way they’ve come to depend on each other. | 她们那么依赖对方 |
[34:04] | Lily confiding her deepest secrets to Christina, | 莉莉对克里斯蒂娜无话不谈 |
[34:08] | and vice versa. | 克里斯蒂娜对莉莉也是如此 |
[34:11] | Oh, my goodness. | 天啊 |
[34:13] | The district attorney is a card player. | 地方检察官也成为玩家了 |
[34:16] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[34:18] | I’m gonna call your bluff | 你这样虚张声势是吓不倒我的 |
[34:21] | and raise you four months of falsified prescriptions | 你妻子可是伪造了四个月的假处方 |
[34:24] | and six months at Betty Ford. | 还在戒毒所待了六个月 |
[34:27] | And I’m not even going to mention your daughter. | 我这可还没提到你女儿的事呢 |
[34:30] | Very well. | 很好 |
[34:32] | And I’ll see you with $25,000 of municipal funds | 你挪用了两万五千美金的市政基金 |
[34:36] | that paid for an abortion and hush money for — | 作为堕胎费和封口费 |
[34:38] | what did you call her — a campaign aide? | 支付给你那个所谓”竞选助手” |
[34:42] | Spoke with her last night. | 我昨晚和她通过电话了 |
[34:44] | Lovely young lady. | 真是讨人喜欢的姑娘 |
[34:45] | Very articulate. | 能说会道 |
[34:51] | Anyway… | 不管怎样 |
[34:53] | I’m due in court. | 我该上庭了 |
[34:54] | Just wanted to share the good news with you. | 只是想跟你分享一下好消息而已 |
[35:18] | What the hell you think you’re doing?! | 你在干嘛 |
[35:20] | Mr. Foley, sorry. I didn’t think you were home. | 福利先生 对不起 我不知道你在家 |
[35:23] | Frank Davenport, Engine Company 55. | 我是弗兰克·达文波特 55消防支队的 |
[35:27] | You want to tell me why you’re in my basement? | 你在我的地下室干吗 |
[35:29] | We got a call there might be a gas leak in this house. | 我们接到报修电话 你家可能有天然气泄漏 |
[35:31] | I mean, I knocked, and no one answered, | 我敲过门 但是没人应门 |
[35:33] | so I figured, under the circumstances, | 所以我想 在这种情况下 |
[35:36] | I should get inside, have a look. | 我应该进来看看 |
[35:37] | You guys do that? | 你们都这样做事的吗 |
[35:39] | Just break into someone’s home? | 随便闯进别人家里 |
[35:42] | Well, when we smell gas. | 如果我们闻到天然气的话就会 |
[35:45] | What’s in the container? | 你那桶里装的是什么 |
[35:46] | Oh, it’s, uh…it’s just water. | 这 这只是水而已 |
[35:48] | You know, run it along the pipes. | 我们把水灌进管道里 |
[35:49] | If it bubbles, we know there’s a leak. | 如果冒泡的话 就说明是有泄露 |
[35:52] | Doesn’t smell like water. | 闻起来可不像是水 |
[35:56] | Here. See for yourself. | 给 你自己看看 |
[36:30] | Allison. Can I help you? | 艾莉森 有什么事吗 |
[36:33] | Sorry, sir. I didn’t realize | 对不起 长官 我不知道 |
[36:34] | you were in the middle of something. | 你正在忙 |
[36:36] | No, it’s all right. | 不 没事的 |
[36:37] | We might be in here for a while, though. | 我们可能还要一会儿呢 |
[36:39] | Is it urgent? | 你有急事吗 |
[36:39] | I think it might be. | 我想可能是的 |
[36:42] | His name is Aaron Foley. | 他名叫艾伦·福利 |
[36:45] | He was about to be indicted | 被控犯有 |
[36:46] | on corruption and embezzlement charges. | 贪污和盗用公款罪 |
[36:48] | He was killed | 他被闯入 |
[36:49] | when he came upon an intruder in his basement. | 他家地下室的歹徒杀害 |
[36:51] | Somebody was trying to burn down his house. | 有人正蓄意纵火烧了他的房子 |
[36:53] | I think that somebody was Frank Davenport. | 我认为那个人正是弗兰克·达文波特 |
[36:56] | But Allison, we can’t prove that. | 但是艾莉森 我们无法证实这一点 |
[36:59] | Well, actually, I think we can. | 事实上 我认为我们可以 |
[37:01] | When the police showed up at Foley’s basement, | 当警察赶到福利家的地下室时 |
[37:03] | they found the killer’s DNA. | 他们发现了凶手的DNA |
[37:04] | There was blood on the floor. | 地板上有血迹 |
[37:06] | Foley had skin | 福利的指甲里 |
[37:07] | under his fingernails. | 也有凶手的皮肤 |
[37:08] | Of course, nobody connected it with Davenport. | 当然当时没人把这个案子跟达文波特联系起来 |
[37:11] | He’s a fireman, he’s a hero. | 他是消防员 是救火英雄 |
[37:12] | But when he realized | 但是当他意识到 |
[37:14] | that his daughter had been caught on tape robbing that man, | 他女儿被拍到打劫那个大学生以后 |
[37:17] | he knew it was just a matter of time before the police arrested her. | 他知道警察迟早会逮到她 |
[37:20] | And when they did, | 一旦警察抓到她 |
[37:22] | her DNA would go into the system. | 她的DNA就会进入资料库 |
[37:24] | And it would be compared to all the DNA samples | 然后就会被用来跟所有 |
[37:27] | that we find in all the unsolved crimes in our file. | 未破获的谋杀案中的DNA进行比对 |
[37:30] | And the Foley murder would come up. | 这样一来福利的谋杀案就会浮出水面 |
[37:32] | It would be a slightly imperfect match. | DNA结果不会完全吻合 |
[37:33] | It would be the kind of match you get | 而是会发现 |
[37:35] | when you’ve got the right family, | 她跟福利一案的凶手具有 |
[37:36] | but the wrong family member. | 属于同个家族共有的DNA |
[37:37] | Familial DNA. | 家族性DNA |
[37:39] | That’s why he killed his daughter. | 所以他才杀了自己的女儿 |
[37:41] | He had to. | 他不得不这么做 |
[37:42] | With her out-of-control life, | 她的生活一团乱 |
[37:43] | he knew it was only a matter of time | 他知道迟早有一天 |
[37:46] | before she led us to him. | 她会把我们引向他的 |
[37:47] | Now what do we do about it? | 那我们现在怎么办呢 |
[37:49] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[37:52] | Davenport’s a firefighter | 达文波特是个有着 |
[37:53] | with a record of distinguished service. | 赫赫功绩的消防员 |
[37:55] | I can’t compel him to give us a DNA sample | 我不能只凭你的推断 |
[37:57] | just on your say-so. | 就强迫他提供DNA给我们 |
[37:59] | So can’t you just have him followed? | 你不能找人跟踪他吗 |
[38:01] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[38:03] | He’ll-he’ll throw something away with his DNA on it. | 他总会丢一些留有他DNA的东西 |
[38:06] | A soda can, a plastic utensil. | 像是汽水罐 一次性饭盒 |
[38:09] | Allison, the Firefighter’s Union would crucify me | 艾莉森 消防员联盟要是知道 |
[38:10] | if they knew | 我在没有合理证据的情况下 |
[38:11] | I was tailing one of their own without probable cause. | 派人监视他们的消防员的话就惨了 |
[38:14] | Not to mention, that any decent defense attorney | 更不用说 要是我们用这种捡来的证据 |
[38:16] | would have a field day in court | 拿去法庭作证的话 |
[38:18] | if we tried to go to trial with a DNA sample that we snuck | 任何一个辩护律师都会 |
[38:22] | onto the record. | 在上面大做文章的 |
[38:23] | He killed his own daughter. | 他杀了自己的女儿 |
[38:24] | I know. I know you believe that, | 我知道 我知道你相信这一点 |
[38:27] | and I’m inclined to think you’re right, | 我也认为你是对的 |
[38:29] | but at the moment, we just can’t prove it. | 但是目前我们无法证实这一点 |
[38:31] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:38] | Hello? | 你好 |
[38:40] | Mrs. Spencer? | 是斯宾塞太太吗 |
[38:41] | Hello. My name is Allison Dubois. | 你好 我叫艾莉森·迪布瓦 |
[38:43] | I’m with the District Attorney’s office. | 我在地方检察官办公室工作 |
[38:45] | I was hoping to speak with you about your daughter Charlotte. | 我想跟你谈谈你女儿夏洛特的事 |
[38:48] | You’re telling me you think my ex murdered my daughter? | 你是说我的前夫杀了我的女儿 |
[38:51] | Our daughter? | 我们的女儿吗 |
[38:53] | I’m telling you, | 我是说 |
[38:54] | I think your ex-husband made himself available | 我认为你的前夫收取别人钱财 |
[38:56] | to people with money who wanted someone done away with. | 替别人干掉一些碍事的人 |
[39:00] | Yes. | 这点毫无疑问 |
[39:01] | I don’t think he did it often, | 我认为他不常做这种事 |
[39:03] | but I think when he did it, he was very well-paid. | 但是他每次做都会收一大笔钱 |
[39:06] | Does any of this make sense? | 听上去合理吗 |
[39:08] | Does any of it ring any kind of bells? | 你有想到什么吗 |
[39:10] | Is that a serious question? | 你是认真的吗 |
[39:14] | This house. | 这间房子 |
[39:16] | Is this the house the two of you shared? | 这是你么俩一起买的吗 |
[39:19] | He gave it to me in the divorce. Why? | 是我们离婚时他给我的 怎么了 |
[39:22] | Is this the house of a city worker? | 这是一个普通工人 |
[39:25] | A fireman? | 一个消防员能负担得起的房子吗 |
[39:29] | What is it you want? | 你究竟想怎样 |
[39:31] | I need something of Charlotte’s. | 我想要一些夏洛特的东西 |
[39:34] | Maybe something that you saved. | 也许你保存着她的某些东西 |
[39:38] | Some of her old clothing, or maybe an old toy, | 像是旧衣服 或是旧玩具之类的 |
[39:42] | or anything that could possibly have her DNA left on it. | 或是其它任何可能留有她的DNA的东西 |
[40:39] | It was from her first haircut. | 这是她的胎毛 |
[40:45] | Frank Davenport was arrested today | 弗兰克·达文波特今日由于 |
[40:47] | in connection with the unsolved murder of Aaron Foley, | 被控贪污罪的工会领导人艾伦·福利的 |
[40:50] | a union leader accused of corruption. | 谋杀一案被捕 |
[40:52] | In exchange for a plea bargain, | 为获减刑 |
[40:54] | Davenport will testify that he was hired to kill | 达文波特将作证他受雇于 |
[40:56] | Wilfredo Soto by accused drug trafficker | 毒贩贾维尔·德拉维加 |
[40:59] | Javier De La Vega. | 并谋杀威尔佛雷多·索托 |
[41:01] | On the heels of this stunning development, | 在案子取得这一突破性进展后 |
[41:03] | District Attorney Manuel Devalos, | 一直致力于将德拉维加定罪的 |
[41:05] | who has long sought a conviction against De La Vega, | 地方检察官曼纽尔·德弗洛斯 |
[41:07] | made a surprise announcement. | 发表了令人震惊的声明 |
[41:09] | I am humbled by the mayor’s endorsement, | 市长的举荐让我受宠若惊 |
[41:11] | and I am honored to ask the people of this great city | 我在此荣幸地恳请这座伟大城市的民众 |
[41:13] | to choose me to fill his shoes. | 投票支持我接任市长一职 |
[41:15] | Mr. Devalos, we have some questions. | 德弗洛斯先生 请回答我们的问题 |
[41:17] | Mr. District Attorney? | 地方检察官先生 |
[41:18] | – Mr. District Attorney? – Mr. District Attorney? | -地方检察官先生 -地方检察官先生 |
[41:20] | Mr. District Attorney, do you have any comment…? | 地方检察官先生 你有何评论 |
[41:30] | Now, this one’s almost done. | 我们的大女儿长大成人了 |
[41:32] | She’s in college. | 她都读大学了 |
[41:33] | The ones you’re supposed to be looking in on | 你需要照顾的另两个女儿 |
[41:35] | are in the other room. | 在另外一间房呢 |
[41:39] | Seems like every time I turn around, | 我觉得每次我一不留神 |
[41:41] | someone’s moving on with their life. | 身边人的生活里就有了新变化 |
[41:45] | Ariel’s at college. | 艾丽尔上大学了 |
[41:47] | Devalos is running for mayor. | 德弗洛斯要竞选市长 |
[41:51] | Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes. | 变 变 变 变 都变了 |
[41:54] | That’s the way of the world, my dear. | 世界就是这样的 亲爱的 |
[41:56] | Hey, you know, if Devalos does become mayor, | 要是德弗洛斯真当上了市长 |
[42:00] | I may not have a job. | 我也许就没工作了 |
[42:02] | Why do you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[42:04] | Well because, if he’s mayor, | 因为 如果他成了市长 |
[42:05] | he’s not gonna have any use for me. | 那他就用不着我了 |
[42:07] | And who’s to say the next D.A. is gonna want to have me around? | 谁说得准下一届地方检察官会不会用我 |
[42:11] | I mean, I’m not a lawyer. | 我又不是律师 |
[42:13] | Let’s recap. | 让我们回顾一下 |
[42:14] | You just solved a series of unsolved murders | 你刚破获了一系列未决的谋杀案 |
[42:17] | and put a contract killer, | 把一个假扮成英雄的 |
[42:19] | who passed himself off as a hero, behind bars. | 雇佣杀手给送进了监狱 |
[42:22] | And now, filled with a sense of achievement | 现在你应该为自己感到骄傲 |
[42:25] | and accomplishment, you’ve decided | 和满足 而你却跑来 |
[42:27] | to stare into your daughter’s unoccupied room | 盯着你女儿的空房间发呆 |
[42:29] | and muse about all the things | 胡思乱想 |
[42:31] | that could go wrong with your life. | 你生活中可能会遇到的麻烦 |
[42:33] | Allison, you’re an inspiration to manic depressives everywhere. | 艾莉森 你浑身都透着狂躁和抑郁气息 |
[42:39] | I want to go back to school. | 我想回学校上学 |
[42:41] | I want to get my law degree. | 我想考法学文凭 |
[42:43] | I’ll-I’ll just do it a little bit at a time. | 我会一步步慢慢来 |
[42:46] | I know full-time doesn’t makes sense, but… | 我知道我不能做全职学生 但是 |
[42:48] | I want to go back to school. | 我想回学校上学 |
[42:52] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[42:54] | We are married. | 我们都老夫老妻了 |
[42:56] | Then I suppose you can go. | 那你就可以回去上学 |
[42:58] | Can we go to bed first? | 我们先去睡觉好吗 |
[43:02] | This is such an easy yes. | 你这次答应的倒爽快 |