时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Joe can’t know what I’m about to tell you. | 我将要告诉你的事请别告诉乔 |
[00:07] | I’m pretty sick, Allison. | 我病的很重 艾莉森 |
[00:10] | My odds are 60%. | 只有60%的机会能活下来 |
[00:12] | I was having a dream about you. | 我做了一个关于你的梦 |
[00:16] | We were, | 我们 |
[00:17] | we were in your living room in Grosse Pointe. | 我们都在格罗斯·波因特 在你家客厅里 |
[00:20] | It was, uh, it was Ariel, Bridgette, Marie. | 艾丽尔 布里奇特 还有玛丽 |
[00:23] | And-And Bridgette had just | 而布里奇特刚刚 |
[00:26] | graduated from college. | 大学毕业 |
[00:29] | You did a good thing. | 你做了件好事 |
[00:30] | Even though I lied. | 可我还是说了谎 |
[00:32] | Ah, don’t worry about it. | 别这么想 |
[00:45] | Morning, Bob. | 早上好 鲍勃 |
[00:46] | Morning, Tom. | 早上好 汤姆 |
[00:47] | Ready to get to work? | 准备好开始工作了吗 |
[00:48] | You betcha. | 完全正确 |
[00:49] | Let’s go for day number 24,838. | 第24,838天开始了 |
[00:53] | Cool offices! | 办公室真不错啊 |
[00:56] | What are you guys working on in here? | 你们这些家伙在里面忙些啥呢 |
[00:58] | Look, I don’t know who let you in, | 听着 我不知道是谁让你进来的 |
[01:00] | but it’s not cool for you to be here. | 但是你不该呆在这儿 |
[01:02] | Now, I’m gonna let you off with a warning, | 我警告你必须马上离开 |
[01:04] | but the next time I look up, you best be gone. | 下一次我抬头的时候不想看见你 |
[01:09] | Nice light. | 灯也很棒 |
[01:11] | How often you guys have to change the bulbs in here? | 你们多久换一次灯泡 |
[01:14] | What is the matter with you two? | 你们俩怎么回事 |
[01:16] | Did you not hear my friend? | 听不到我朋友说话吗 |
[01:18] | Hit the road. | 赶紧走人 |
[01:22] | So what are you guys getting all upset about? | 你们为什么都不高兴呢 |
[01:25] | We’re just new to the neighborhood, | 我们刚刚到这里 |
[01:26] | wanted to say “Hey.” | 只是想跟新邻居打声招呼 |
[01:28] | New to the neighborhood? | 新邻居? |
[01:29] | This isn’t your neighborhood. | 我们可不是你们的邻居 |
[01:30] | You’re not even supposed to be here. | 你们根本不该来这里 |
[01:32] | Why not? | 为什么不该来 |
[01:35] | This is bad. | 太糟糕了 |
[01:37] | We should call Central. | 我们需要通知总部 |
[01:39] | On it. | 我来打 |
[01:40] | You’re calling Central? | 给总部打电话吗 |
[01:41] | Awesome! | 太好了 |
[01:42] | Hey, you think they’d call out and get us some pizzas? | 你觉得他们会不会给我们送点匹萨来 |
[01:45] | Oh, my God. | 我的上帝啊 |
[01:46] | They’re multiplying really fast. | 他们增加得真快 |
[01:48] | Pizza? | 匹萨 |
[01:50] | Anybody interested in some pineapple on top? | 有谁想要菠萝口味的匹萨 |
[01:52] | It’s just ringing and ringing. | 电话响了半天 |
[01:53] | Nobody’s picking up. | 没有人接 |
[01:54] | Can I see a show of hands? | 我们举手表决 |
[01:56] | How many for pineapple? | 谁菠萝口味的 |
[02:01] | Get out. | 出去 |
[02:02] | Get out! | 出去 |
[02:03] | You’re not supposed to be here! | 你们不能进来 |
[02:05] | None of you are supposed to be here! | 你们谁都不该来这儿 |
[02:08] | Get out! | 出去 |
[02:09] | None of you are supposed to be here! | 你们不该进来的 |
[02:12] | Leave us alone, all of you! | 别烦我们 你们这些家伙 |
[02:14] | Get out! | 都给我出去 |
[02:17] | I’m truly sorry, Marjorie. | 我很遗憾 玛乔丽 |
[02:20] | We had no idea things had gotten this bad this quickly. | 我们也不知道会发展得这么快这么糟 |
[02:24] | I know this isn’t the diagnosis you were hoping for, | 我知道这不是你想要的诊断结果 |
[02:27] | the diagnosis you expected. | 不是你所期待的 |
[02:30] | If you have any questions or if you just need time | 如果你有任何问题 或者 |
[02:33] | to think about everything you’ve been told… | 你需要一点时间去消化这个消息 |
[02:38] | No. | 不用 |
[02:40] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[02:43] | Really. | 真的 |
[02:45] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[02:48] | Absolutely. | 百分之百确定 |
[03:00] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[03:03] | It’s not even 7:00 here. | 这儿还没到7点呢 |
[03:04] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[03:07] | Hold on, hold on. | 等等 等一下 |
[04:05] | You know what she’s telling him, don’t you? | 你知道他妈妈在说什么 是吗 |
[04:09] | She’s telling him not to worry. | 她正在告诉他别担心 |
[04:11] | She’s saying it’s no big deal, just a few tests. | 她说没什么大不了的 只是做检查 |
[04:14] | “Don’t be concerned if you call the house and you can’t get me.” | 如果你们打电话到家里没人接别担心 |
[04:20] | But you and I know the truth, don’t we? | 但我们俩知道是怎么回事 |
[04:24] | So when Joe gets off the phone, | 等乔挂了电话 |
[04:26] | you tell him that he needs to get out there. | 你让他立刻过去 |
[04:29] | Today. | 今天就去 |
[04:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:33] | What do you know? | 你知道什么了吗 |
[04:37] | I know what you know. | 我知道的你也知道 |
[04:41] | I know that she’s sick, I know it’s not good. | 我知道她病了 情况不妙 |
[04:45] | But beyond that, I… I can’t see too much. | 其他的 我就不清楚了 |
[04:49] | I’m too close to her. | 我跟她关系太过密切了 |
[04:50] | You know how that stuff works. | 你知道这些事情的规矩 |
[04:54] | Today… Ally. | 今天就去 艾莉森 |
[04:58] | Tell him. | 告诉他 |
[05:05] | My mom’s in the hospital. | 我妈妈在医院里 |
[05:07] | It’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[05:08] | It’s just some tests. | 只是做些检查 |
[05:09] | She was afraid I might call the house and not get her | 她怕我打电话回去找不到人 |
[05:12] | and didn’t want me to be alarmed, so… | 怕我担心 所以 |
[05:14] | I want you to pack a bag. | 我希望你去收拾一下 |
[05:15] | I want you to go out there. | 你最好去一趟 |
[05:17] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀 |
[05:19] | Do you know something? | 你是不是知道什么了 |
[05:20] | I don’t know anything. | 我什么都不知道 |
[05:22] | I just know you need to pack a bag. | 我只知道你需要立刻收拾行李 |
[05:24] | You need to get on a plane. | 你需要坐飞机过去 |
[05:26] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[05:28] | If Grandma’s not really sick, then why is Daddy going there? | 如果奶奶没生病为什么爸爸要过去呢 |
[05:32] | Well, Daddy’s just worried about her. | 爸爸只是担心奶奶 |
[05:34] | And sometimes when people are in the hospital, | 当人们住院的时候 |
[05:36] | it’s good to have somebody around. | 最好有人陪伴 |
[05:38] | Okay, I’m on a flight in two and a half hours. | 好了 我的飞机2个半小时后起飞 |
[05:42] | Don’t even ask what the ticket cost. | 票价贵的吓死人 |
[05:44] | When will you be back? | 你什么时候回来 |
[05:46] | I don’t know, honey. | 我不知道 亲爱的 |
[05:47] | Maybe tomorrow. | 可能明天吧 |
[05:48] | Maybe the next day; I can’t be sure. | 或者后天 我不确定 |
[05:50] | That’s what I’m hoping, anyway. | 我希望是尽早 |
[05:52] | Will you give Grandma a kiss for me? | 你能不能帮我亲奶奶一下 |
[05:54] | Yes. | 没问题 |
[05:57] | Me, too. | 我也要 |
[05:59] | Me, too. Mm. | 我也要 |
[06:06] | Call me when you land. | 下了飞机就给我打电话 |
[06:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:11] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你专程赶来 |
[06:13] | We got ourselves a head-scratcher here. | 这里有个棘手的问题 |
[06:15] | How you doing? You okay? | 你还好吗 没事吧 |
[06:16] | Yeah. No. | 还好 没什么事 |
[06:18] | Joe’s mom is not well. | 乔的妈妈生病了 |
[06:19] | He’s taking off for Michigan probably right about now. | 所以他飞去密歇根了 现在可能刚起飞 |
[06:22] | Anything I can do? | 我能帮什么忙吗 |
[06:24] | No, no, thanks. | 不用啦 谢谢你 |
[06:25] | So what do we have here? | 现场在哪里 |
[06:27] | Fell on the tracks just as the train | 火车进站的时候 |
[06:29] | was pulling into the station. | 摔在了铁轨上 |
[06:30] | May have jumped, may have been pushed. | 也许是自己跳的 也许是被人推的 |
[06:32] | We just don’t know. | 现在还不能确定 |
[06:33] | Pushed? | 推的? |
[06:34] | Apparently, some homeless guy was, uh, begging for change | 今天早上有个流浪汉 |
[06:37] | on the platform this morning. | 在站台上讨钱 |
[06:38] | Couple people reported that he was standing near this fellow. | 不少人说看见他站得离这个人很近 |
[06:41] | For the moment, he seems to have disappeared. | 后来他却不见了 |
[06:44] | Security cameras didn’t catch much of him either. | 监视录像也没有拍到什么 |
[06:46] | Of course, everyone’s all over the place on, uh, | 尽管这里到处是人 但是没人说的出 |
[06:49] | how tall the guy is, color of his hair, stocky, slight. | 这个人的高矮胖瘦和头发颜色 |
[06:52] | The only thing everyone can agree on | 只有一个特征每个人都同意 |
[06:54] | is that apparently the guy stunk to holy hell. | 就是这个流浪汉臭的要命 |
[06:57] | Body odor, urine. | 狐臭加尿骚 |
[06:59] | Guess he had it all going on. | 估计他就没换过衣服 |
[07:01] | But since we can’t put an APB out on a stench | 我们不能发通告说抓捕一个很臭的人 |
[07:04] | and since we don’t even know who the guy is… | 更何况我们还不知道受害者的身份 |
[07:06] | What do you mean? We know where he works | 什么意思 我们知道他在哪里工作 |
[07:07] | and we know that his name’s Adam. | 也知道他叫亚当啊 |
[07:09] | What do you mean? H-How do we know | 你在说什么 我们怎么可能知道 |
[07:10] | where he works and that his name’s Adam? | 他在哪里工作还有他是否叫亚当 |
[07:12] | Well, he’s wearing… | 他戴着一个 |
[07:16] | It was just there. | 刚刚还在的 |
[07:18] | When I was looking a second ago, it said, “Burger Palace. | 一秒钟以前还在 上面写着 |
[07:21] | Hello, my name is Adam.” | 汉堡宫殿 你好 我是亚当 |
[07:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:27] | But, uh, he’s wearing a nice suit. | 但是他穿着很贵的套装 |
[07:29] | Doesn’t look like the kind of thing a guy who works, uh, | 看上去不像是在什么 |
[07:31] | Burger Palace flipping burgers would wear. | 汉堡宫殿卖汉堡的人会穿的啊 |
[07:33] | I don’t know what to tell you, I just know what I saw. | 我不知道该怎么说 我只是看到了 |
[07:36] | Maybe he’s a district manager, or maybe he owns the franchise. | 也许他是个地区经理 或者持有股份 |
[07:40] | Okay, I’ll, uh, I’ll check it out. | 好的 我会查查看的 |
[07:48] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[07:50] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[08:10] | I told you not to come. | 我告诉过你别来的 |
[08:15] | Well, what are you looking at me like that for? | 你干嘛这样看着我 |
[08:17] | Is it the IV? | 因为我带着输液泵吗 |
[08:18] | ‘Cause I’ll tell you, it’s all the rage around here. | 我跟你说 在这里大家都用这个 |
[08:21] | I just took a lap to show mine off. | 我只是出去炫耀了一下我的 |
[08:24] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[08:25] | It’s not that serious, sweetheart. | 没有那么严重 亲爱的 |
[08:28] | Come give your mother a hug. | 让妈妈抱一个 |
[08:34] | You said you were here for headaches. | 你说你过来检查头痛的 |
[08:36] | And I am. | 我是啊 |
[08:38] | I get headaches, I-I’m feeling a bit weak… | 我头痛 而且感觉浑身乏力 |
[08:42] | and my appetite seems to be gone. | 胃口也越来越差 |
[08:46] | Although I’m sure that’s all about the headaches. | 但是我敢肯定这都是头痛引起的 |
[08:50] | What do the doctors say? | 医生怎么说 |
[08:52] | Oh, the doctors say they’re going to run tests. | 哦 医生说他们会做些检查 |
[08:56] | And they have, and they are. | 而且他们也确实正在做呢 |
[09:04] | I like your haircut. | 我喜欢你这个发型 |
[09:06] | It’s very smart. | 看上去很整洁 |
[09:11] | Oh, now, while… | 现在 |
[09:12] | while I’m thinking about it, um… um… | 我正好想到了 |
[09:23] | The keys to my house. | 这是我屋子的钥匙 |
[09:25] | Hmm? | 嗯 |
[09:27] | You’re gonna have to take a taxi there, | 你得打个车过去了 |
[09:29] | but then you can use my car. | 然后就可以开我的车 |
[09:36] | What? | 怎么 |
[09:37] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 你干嘛那样看着我 |
[09:40] | Sorry, I’m worried about you. | 抱歉 我很担心你 |
[09:41] | You don’t look well. | 你看上去不太好 |
[09:43] | Well, don’t be. | 别担心 |
[09:47] | I’m sure this is nothing. | 我肯定没事的 |
[09:50] | I’m sure it’ll pass. | 会过去的 |
[09:53] | Now, you go back to the house, | 现在你到我家去吧 |
[09:55] | get settled, call your wife | 安顿好 |
[09:57] | and tell her you arrived safe and sound. | 然后给你妻子打电话报平安 |
[09:59] | Mom, I came here to be with you. | 妈妈 我来这是为了陪你的 |
[10:01] | Well, that’s very nice, sweetheart. | 乖儿子 你真乖 |
[10:03] | I appreciate that, I do. | 我真的很欣慰 |
[10:04] | But… right now, I could really use a little nap. | 但是 现在 我真想睡一小觉 |
[10:10] | So go to the house, unpack. | 你先回家吧 把行李安顿好 |
[10:14] | Come back for dinner. | 晚饭再回来 |
[10:15] | I’ll share my Jell-O with you. | 我和你一起吃果冻 |
[10:23] | It’s okay, Joe. | 没关系的 乔 |
[10:26] | Listen to your mother. | 听妈妈的话 |
[10:35] | Uh, excuse me. Are you Dr. Chapman? | 打扰一下 请问你是查普曼医生吗 |
[10:39] | My name is Joe Dubois. | 我叫乔 迪布瓦 |
[10:41] | You’re treating my mother, Marjorie. | 你是我妈妈马乔里的医生 |
[10:43] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[10:44] | Lovely woman, your mother. | 你妈妈很可爱 |
[10:46] | Uh, so-so she said that you were running some tests. | 她说你在给她做一些检查 |
[10:49] | I was wondering when we might actually see the results. | 我很想知道什么时候出结果 |
[10:51] | Tests? | 检查 |
[10:53] | For her headaches. | 因为她头疼 |
[10:54] | She said that you were trying to determine the cause. | 她说你正在找病因 |
[10:58] | Is there something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[11:01] | I’m sorry, it’s just… | 很抱歉 只不过… |
[11:04] | I’m afraid your mother is not being entirely forthcoming with you. | 恐怕你妈妈没有完全和你说实话 |
[11:08] | The truth is, we ran tests on her | 事实上 她来这体检那天 |
[11:10] | the day she checked herself in here. | 我们就给她做过检查了 |
[11:12] | We diagnosed her condition within a matter of hours. | 我们用了几个小时就确诊了 |
[11:16] | She has an astrocytoma in her frontal lobe. | 她大脑额叶长了星形细胞瘤 |
[11:20] | Brain cancer. | 脑癌 |
[11:24] | As I’m sure you’ve noticed, | 我想你也注意到了 |
[11:26] | your mother’s attitude is quite remarkable. | 你妈妈的态度很不一样 |
[11:28] | She doesn’t want anybody to worry about her. | 她不想任何人担心她 |
[11:31] | Not even her doctor. | 甚至是她的医生 |
[11:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:36] | So… what’s the treatment? | 那么 治疗方案是什么 |
[11:38] | Are we looking at surgery? | 我们要做手术吗 |
[11:39] | I’m afraid we’re past that, Mr. DuBois. | 恐怕已经错过时机了 迪布瓦先生 |
[11:42] | The cancer’s too far along. | 她得癌症已经很久了 |
[11:43] | It’s well beyond the point where a craniotomy would help. | 已经超出穿颅手术能解决的范围 |
[11:46] | I’m sorry, I don’t understand. | 抱歉 我不是很明白 |
[11:48] | Are-are you saying it’s incurable? | 你的意思是不能治吗 |
[11:50] | Is my mom gonna die? | 我妈妈就要死了吗 |
[11:52] | There’s really no such thing as an incurable cancer. | 并不存在不可治愈的癌症 |
[11:55] | People do recover from stage four illnesses. | 人们在第四阶段能康复 |
[11:57] | It’s just… statistically? | 但这只是 统计学上有效 |
[12:00] | Those kinds of recoveries, in a patient your mother’s age, | 这些康复者 和你妈妈年纪相仿 |
[12:05] | they’re… well, we call them outliers. That means… | 他们很健康 我们称之为离群值 |
[12:09] | It means it hardly ever happens, yeah. | 意思是这几乎不会发生 |
[12:12] | I know what an outlier is. | 我知道什么是离群值 |
[12:16] | I’m sorry, Mr. DuBois. | 很遗憾 迪布瓦先生 |
[12:17] | I didn’t realize nobody’d explained the situation to you. | 我不知道没人和你说明情况 |
[12:21] | There’s some literature you should read. Studies. | 有些文献你该读读 《学习》 |
[12:24] | I’ll make sure our staff gets them to you. | 我会让工作人员拿给你 |
[12:26] | You can have a look at the statistics for yourself. | 你会看到你这种情况的数据 |
[12:39] | The guy’s name’s Adam. You were right about that. | 这家伙叫亚当 你说对了 |
[12:41] | Adam Tallmadge. | 亚当·托马齐 |
[12:43] | Doesn’t work at the Burger Palace, though; | 但他并不在汉堡宫殿工作 |
[12:46] | he’s a CPA with Denison Consulting, | 他是丹尼森咨询公司的注册会计 |
[12:47] | or he was, until his unfortunate run-in | 曾经是 直到他不幸”搭乘” |
[12:50] | with the 7:20 express train this morning. | 今早7:20的快车 |
[12:53] | Apparently, he just got passed over for a big promotion at work. | 很明显 他刚错过一次重要晋升 |
[12:56] | His boss said he didn’t take it too well. | 他老板说他做的不好 |
[12:58] | You don’t think he jumped in front of that train, do you? | 你不会认为他是自己冲出铁轨的吧 |
[13:00] | Well, I think it’s a possibility. | 其实我觉得有可能 |
[13:01] | He’d been sending all kinds of strange emails to his colleagues | 他一直给他的同事发奇怪的邮件 |
[13:04] | in the middle of the night. | 还是在半夜 |
[13:05] | But I also think, unless this homeless guy turns up, | 我认为 除非那个流浪汉家伙出现 |
[13:08] | and starts to explain things, | 解释清楚这一切 |
[13:09] | we may never know what really happened. | 不然我们永远不会知道发生了什么 |
[13:14] | Oh, Lee, I gotta take this. It’s Joe. | 李 我得接电话 是乔 |
[13:16] | Yeah, no problem. I just thought you’d want to know. | 好的 没问题 我是在想你会想知道 |
[13:18] | Uh, listen, I hope everything’s okay with your mother-in-law. | 听着 我希望你妈妈一切都好 |
[13:20] | Hey, Joe. Is everything all right? | 乔 一切还好吗 |
[13:23] | Uh, I don’t know, it’s… | 我也不知道 |
[13:25] | It’s bad, I guess, it’s really bad. | 很糟 我想 糟糕透了 |
[13:28] | Sweetie, hold on a second. | 亲爱的 等下 |
[13:29] | I’m going to try to find someplace private. | 我得找个私人点的地方 |
[13:40] | Hey, what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[13:41] | She has brain cancer. | 她得了脑癌 |
[13:43] | My mom has brain cancer. | 我妈妈得了脑癌 |
[13:47] | Oh, Joe. I’m so sorry. | 乔 我很难过 |
[13:50] | It’s not even operable. | 甚至不能动手术 |
[13:53] | Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 |
[13:55] | They’re giving her radiation. | 他们在给她放疗 |
[13:56] | They’re trying to get her strong enough so she can… have chemo. | 使她身体状况好点以便接受化疗 |
[14:00] | And then if she survives the chemo, then… | 如果化疗后她还能活着 那么 |
[14:02] | according to the literature they gave me, she’s got maybe… | 根据他们给我的文献 她也许 |
[14:05] | a year, 18 months, tops. | 还有一年 最多18个月的生命 |
[14:08] | How is she handling it? How’s her state of mind? | 妈妈的意见呢 她怎么想的 |
[14:12] | She’s in total denial. She’s telling me not to worry, | 她完全拒绝 她告诉我不要担心 |
[14:15] | that everything’s going to be okay. | 一切都会好的 |
[14:17] | Maybe that’s good. Maybe that’s not a bad thing. | 也许那是好事 不是坏事 |
[14:19] | Maybe-maybe she knows something about herself, | 也许她更了解自己 |
[14:21] | maybe she can sense that she’s going to pull through this. | 也许她能感觉到她会挺过去的 |
[14:23] | Honey, it’s inoperable. | 宝贝 连手术都不能做了 |
[14:28] | Honey, is there anything that you need us to do? | 亲爱的 你有什么需要我们做的吗 |
[14:32] | I mean, maybe I should just… | 我的意思是 也许我应该 |
[14:33] | pack the girls up, we should fly out there tomorrow. | 给女儿们收拾行李 我们明早飞过去 |
[14:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:39] | No, I mean… | 不 我的意思 |
[14:41] | Maybe next week, when… they start the chemo. | 也许下周…开始化疗的时候再来 |
[14:45] | I’m going to go back in the room now, okay? | 我现在要进屋了 |
[14:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:51] | Hey, I love you. | 我爱你 |
[14:52] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[15:00] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰一下 先生 |
[15:10] | Yeah, Marcie, it’s me. | 是的 玛茜 是我 |
[15:11] | Tell Trevor I’m going to be late 00 staff meeting, okay? | 告诉特雷弗9点的员工会议我可能会迟到 |
[15:18] | I don’t know how late. | 我也不知道晚多久 |
[15:19] | It depends on when the train gets here. | 得看火车什么时候到 |
[15:32] | God bless your heart, ma’am. | 上帝保佑你 女士 |
[15:51] | Yeah, Marcie, it’s me. | 是的 玛西 是我 |
[15:52] | Tell Trevor I’m going to be late 00 staff meeting, okay? | 告诉特雷弗9点的员工会议我会迟到 |
[15:55] | I don’t know how late. | 我也不知道晚多久 |
[15:57] | Depends on when the train gets here. | 得看火车什么时候到 |
[16:06] | Hey. Remember, don’t be overanxious. | 记住 别紧张 |
[16:08] | If you see our friend, tell me where he is. | 如果有谁看到他 告诉我们他在哪 |
[16:11] | We don’t want to pick him up unless and until | 我们不想逮捕他 |
[16:13] | he makes a move on that woman, so we can arrest him. | 除非他靠近那位女士 我们才能抓他 |
[16:15] | Everybody copies that. | 大家都收到了 |
[16:17] | We’re just waiting on your signal. | 我们在等你的信号 |
[16:20] | Hey. Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[16:24] | It’s all right, you haven’t missed anything. | 没事 你没错过什么 |
[16:26] | What’s with the entourage? | 这些跟班是怎么会事 |
[16:27] | Joe’s out of town. | 乔出城了 |
[16:29] | I couldn’t find anyone to take them to school. | 我找不到人送她们上学 |
[16:31] | Okay, remember what I told you: | 记住我告诉你们的 |
[16:32] | Bridgette, when you hear the train come into the station, | 布里奇特 当你听到火车进站的声音 |
[16:34] | you’re going to hold Marie’s hand. | 你要拉着玛丽的手 |
[16:36] | You guys’ll just turn around and… | 然后转身 |
[16:38] | stare at that poster, and… | 盯着这张海报 |
[16:41] | until I tell you to turn back around, okay? | 直到我让你们转过来 明白吗 |
[16:44] | Why? What is it you think we’ll see | 为什么 你认为我们会看到什么 |
[16:46] | that we haven’t seen already? | 前所未见的事吗 |
[16:48] | Mom. We have cable. | 妈妈 电视里面什么都演 |
[16:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:52] | Girls, please just do what I ask. | 女孩们 按我说的做 |
[16:57] | Hey, hey. That’s our lady. | 就是那个女人 |
[16:59] | Have you seen the man yet? | 你们看到那个流浪汉了吗 |
[17:02] | Ain’t seen him, ain’t smelled him. | 影都没有 |
[17:08] | Okay, girls. Hold hands, turn around. | 女孩们 拉手 转身 |
[17:20] | Can somebody get me an update, please? | 大家听到我的更正吗 |
[17:22] | We’re on the woman. No sign of our guy. | 我们在那女人周围 但没看见流浪汉 |
[17:40] | Hey, I can’t see anything, guys. What’s going on? | 我什么也看不见了 有情况吗 |
[17:42] | Nobody made a move on her. She, uh… | 没人推她 她 |
[17:45] | she just got on the train. | 她刚上了火车 |
[17:51] | Looks like she got a pretty good seat, too. | 看起来她找到了个好座位 |
[17:53] | Still no homeless guy, either. | 还是没看到流浪汉 |
[17:55] | Can we turn around now? | 我们现在能转过来了吗 |
[17:57] | Yeah. Yeah, you can turn around. | 可以 你们转过来吧 |
[18:00] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[18:02] | It was supposed to be today, I’m sure of it. | 应该是今天 我确定 |
[18:09] | Yep. | 请进 |
[18:14] | You must be Joe. | 你就是乔吧 |
[18:16] | I’m an attorney, Joe. | 乔 我是一名律师 |
[18:18] | Mostly corporate work, | 通常我只为公司工作 |
[18:20] | but I did handle your parents’ affairs for them. | 但我也一直为你父母处理他们的事务 |
[18:22] | Anyway, I need you to help me with something. | 不论如何 我需要你的帮助 |
[18:24] | What’s that? | 帮什么 |
[18:26] | Your mother’s will. | 你妈妈的遗嘱 |
[18:28] | Or, more accurately, the lack of one. | 确切地说 她还没有遗嘱呢 |
[18:31] | – You’re saying she has no will? – Oh, no, no, no. | -你说她没立遗嘱吗 -不 不 |
[18:33] | She has a will. It’s something I drew up for her | 她有遗嘱 在你父母离婚的时候 |
[18:35] | right after your parents divorced, | 我为她写过一份 |
[18:37] | but it hasn’t been amended in years. | 但好久都没有修订了 |
[18:39] | Because of that, if something were to happen, | 所以呢 如果她真发生什么意外 |
[18:42] | there’d be a substantial portion of her estate unaccounted for. | 她的大量财产将无法分配 |
[18:45] | And those assets could stay locked up in estate court for years. | 这些财产会在财产法庭一直被冻结 |
[18:48] | Okay. So she’ll amend her will. | 好吧 她会修改的 |
[18:51] | Well, that’s the thing. She won’t. | 但问题是 她不会 |
[18:54] | She won’t even entertain it as a topic of discussion. | 她甚至不想探讨这个问题 |
[18:57] | She just keeps insisting that she’s gonna be fine, | 她只是一直强调她会好的 |
[18:59] | she’ll take care of it when she’s feeling better. | 当她感觉好点的时候她会注意的 |
[19:01] | My mother seems to be having trouble absorbing her diagnosis. | 我妈妈好像还没有接受现实 |
[19:05] | Uh, okay, no, it’s fine. | 好的 不 没关系 |
[19:08] | I-I-I’ll talk to her. | 我会和她谈的 |
[19:09] | I’ll get her to attend to this. | 我会让她改的 |
[19:21] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[19:24] | How are you feeling? | 感觉如何 |
[19:28] | I’m a little bit tired, mm-hmm. | 我有点累 |
[19:32] | Will you drink something for me? | 你要为我喝点什么吗 |
[19:34] | Hmm. For you? | 为你? |
[19:40] | There you go. | 来吧 |
[19:50] | How beautiful. | 真好喝啊 |
[19:51] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你不用亲自做的 |
[19:53] | Oh, they’re not from me. Sam Diller | 不是我做的 是山姆·迪勒 |
[19:56] | came by while you were asleep. | 在你睡觉的时候带过来的 |
[20:01] | Hey, Mom? He says he’s been trying | 妈妈 他说他一直 |
[20:03] | to talk to you about your will. | 想和你谈遗嘱的问题 |
[20:04] | He certainly has. | 他确实想 |
[20:06] | It seems to be all that he wants to talk about. | 他只会说这些 |
[20:08] | Well, it’s important. | 这很重要 |
[20:10] | I know you think you’re going to get better, | 我知道你觉得自己会康复的 |
[20:12] | and I do, too. | 我也是这么想的 |
[20:14] | Nevertheless, the prudent thing to do… | 但是 谨慎起见 |
[20:15] | Don’t lecture me about prudence. | 别对我说什么谨慎起见 |
[20:18] | I’ve read the same studies that you have, | 你读过的研究报告什么的我也看了 |
[20:20] | and I know all the statistics. | 我也知道统计数据上是怎么显示的 |
[20:22] | Well, then? | 那么 |
[20:23] | Well, then, it might be the prudent thing to do, | 那么 也许谨慎一点是没什么关系 |
[20:25] | but I don’t think it’s necessary. | 但我觉得没那个必要 |
[20:26] | Mom, you can’t be sure. | 妈妈 这事你是无法确定的 |
[20:28] | – Of course I can. – How? | -我当然能了 -为什么 |
[20:30] | Because I have been given assurance by a higher authority. | 因为有个更高级的专家给过我保证 |
[20:37] | You remember three years ago, | 还记得三年前 |
[20:38] | when I had my first scare? | 我第一次因这事儿害怕的时候吗 |
[20:40] | I came to see you while I was waiting for the test results, | 在等化验报告的时候我去找你 |
[20:43] | and I talked to your wife. | 还和你的妻子聊了聊 |
[20:46] | I asked her if she could tell me anything about my future. | 我请她看看能不能预测下我的未来 |
[20:50] | And she had a dream, Joe. | 然后她真的就梦到了 乔 |
[20:52] | She dreamt that I was at Bridgette’s graduation, | 她梦到我在布里奇特毕业的时候都还健在 |
[20:55] | and that I was celebrating with all of you, the whole family. | 我还和你们全家一起庆祝了一番 |
[20:59] | And that’s years from now. | 离现在还有好多年呢 |
[21:00] | Mom… | 妈妈 |
[21:01] | So, I don’t really need to | 所以 我根本不需要 |
[21:04] | worry about a new will right now, do I? | 去烦心什么新的遗嘱 对吗 |
[21:14] | Hello? | 喂 |
[21:15] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[21:16] | Joe, hey. I-I just tried to call you. | 乔 嘿 我刚给你打过电话 |
[21:18] | It went right to voicemail. Is everything okay? | 但一直都是语音邮箱 一切都还好吗 |
[21:20] | I don’t know. My head is spinning. | 我不知道 我脑子有点乱 |
[21:23] | Plus, I’m staring at a sign that’s telling me | 我正盯着一张标语 上面写着 |
[21:26] | I’m compromising people’s health | 在医院打手机 |
[21:27] | by talking on a cell phone in a hospital, | 严重影响病人的健康 |
[21:29] | but I don’t care. | 但我管不了了那么多了 |
[21:31] | Joe? | 乔 |
[21:34] | My mother said that you told her that she was going to live, | 妈妈说你告诉她能够一直活到 |
[21:37] | at least long enough to see | 至少能够看到 |
[21:39] | Bridgette graduate from high school. | 布里奇特从大学毕业那会儿 |
[21:43] | Well, she was sick. | 她当时病了 |
[21:44] | You remember. | 你应该记得吧 |
[21:46] | She was having tests done, and she was worried and… | 她当时刚化验完 她很担心而且还 |
[21:50] | She kept begging me to dream about her. | 不断的央求我为她预测 |
[21:53] | And I just couldn’t get her to understand | 而我也无法跟她解释清楚 |
[21:55] | that it doesn’t work that way. | 这事不是那么随心所欲的 |
[21:57] | So you lied? | 所以你撒了谎 |
[21:59] | I was trying to give her hope. | 我只是想给她希望 |
[22:05] | Joe…? | 还在吗 乔 |
[22:07] | She thinks she’s going to beat this. | 她觉得自己能挺过去 |
[22:09] | You get that, right? | 你听到了吧 |
[22:11] | She thinks she’s gonna come back from stage four brain cancer | 她觉得自己能从四期脑癌中挺过来 |
[22:14] | because of what you said. | 就因为当初你对她说的那番话 |
[22:16] | I mean, she doesn’t even have a proper will. | 她甚至都不愿意立一份真正的遗嘱 |
[22:19] | Okay, I will talk to her. | 好吧 那我去跟她解释 |
[22:21] | I will make her understand. | 我会让她理解的 |
[22:23] | No, I’ll make her understand. | 不用了 我去跟她解释清楚 |
[22:27] | I’m sorry. I love you. | 对不起 我爱你 |
[22:29] | Honey, I love you. | 亲爱的 我也爱你 |
[22:33] | How are the girls? | 姑娘们怎么样 |
[22:35] | The girls are fine. | 都很好 |
[22:37] | Okay. I should go. | 好的 我得挂了 |
[22:39] | Joe, I’m so sorry. | 乔 真的对不起 |
[22:41] | I know. | 我理解 |
[23:15] | Everybody copies that. | 都收到了 |
[23:16] | We’re just waiting on your signal. | 我们只等你一声令下了 |
[24:39] | I’m sorry, Allison, | 抱歉 艾莉森 |
[24:40] | you say that this man disguises himself as a vagrant? | 你说这家伙把自己伪装成一个流浪汉 |
[24:43] | Look, I’m saying he spotted the stakeout we set up for him. | 我是说他识破了我们设下的陷阱 |
[24:46] | He went back to the parking lot. | 于是他回到了停车场 |
[24:48] | He took off his, what, costume? | 然后褪去了他的 那什么 伪装 |
[24:50] | He had on nice clothes. | 换上光鲜亮丽的衣服 |
[24:52] | He had a nice haircut. | 他的发型很清爽 |
[24:53] | His car is cleaner than mine. | 他的车子比我的都干净 |
[24:55] | But Allison, everybody who | 但是艾莉森 每一个 |
[24:57] | has had any kind of contact with this fella | 跟接触过的人都说 |
[24:58] | says not only does he look the way he does, | 他不仅外表那样 |
[25:00] | but he also reeks of urine. | 而且还臭气熏天 |
[25:02] | Okay, what better way to make sure | 好的 为了确保能够 |
[25:03] | no one remembers what you look like | 不让别人记住你的长相 |
[25:05] | than to disguise yourself as one of the kinds of people | 你完全可以把自己伪装成任何一种 |
[25:09] | that people don’t notice? | 不会引起别人注意的模样 |
[25:10] | The kind of person that people just turn away from. | 那种人们一看到就会躲开的人 |
[25:13] | The kind of person that no one can bear being around. | 那种人们一刻都受不了让他呆在边上的人 |
[25:16] | I know it sounds crazy, | 我知道这听起来很疯狂 |
[25:18] | but this is our suspect. | 但这就是我们要找的嫌疑人 |
[25:19] | This is our man. | 就是这家伙 |
[25:20] | Allison, we don’t even know if there is a suspect. | 艾莉森 我们甚至都不知道是否存在嫌犯 |
[25:22] | For all we know, this guy Adam Tallmadge | 据我们所掌握的来看 这个亚当·托马齐 |
[25:24] | jumped in front of the train on purpose. | 是故意跳到火车前去的 |
[25:26] | I’m telling you he was murdered. | 我说了他是被谋杀的 |
[25:28] | He was killed by the same man | 和那个计划用同样手段 |
[25:30] | who planned on murdering that woman | 杀死另一名站在站台的妇女的人 |
[25:32] | at the train station the same way. | 是同一个人 |
[25:33] | You know what, let’s distribute this sketch. | 我们先把这张素描散发出去 |
[25:36] | Say this man is wanted for questioning | 诈称此人与亚当·托马齐的死 |
[25:38] | in relation to Adam Tallmadge’s death. | 有关系 |
[25:39] | If he does exist, | 如果这个人确实存在 |
[25:41] | maybe someone will turn him in. | 也许他就会把自己暴露出来 |
[25:42] | It’s the best I can do, Allison. | 我们只能做这些了 艾莉森 |
[25:45] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:04] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[26:06] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[26:08] | That’s some serious sleeping. | 真是漫长的一觉啊 |
[26:13] | I had no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[26:15] | The nurses said you had a rough night, | 护士们说你晚上睡的很不安稳 |
[26:17] | so they gave you a little something to help you rest. | 所以她们给你用了些帮助睡眠的药 |
[26:20] | Can I order you some food? | 要吃点什么吗 |
[26:23] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[26:24] | Just– let’s sit for awhile. | 就让我们一起坐会儿吧 |
[26:34] | Listen, Mom, I called Sam Diller. | 听着 妈妈 我给迪勒打过电话了 |
[26:37] | He’s coming by in a little while | 他一会儿就过来 |
[26:39] | to talk to you about your will. | 跟你讨论下遗嘱的事儿 |
[26:42] | Why? | 何必呢 |
[26:43] | I told you I’d take care of that when I got home. | 我说了回家后我就去把这事给处理好 |
[26:47] | Mom, I’m just worried that you’re never going to get home. | 妈妈 我只是担心你永远也不能回家了 |
[26:50] | Why would you say something like that to me? | 你为什么对我说那样的话 |
[26:54] | I told you… | 我告诉过你了 |
[26:55] | I know what you told me. | 我知道你对我说过什么 |
[27:00] | Listen, the things that Allison said– | 听着 艾莉森说的那些事 |
[27:02] | the dreams that she said that she had– | 她说的那个她所做的梦 |
[27:04] | she made them all up. | 全是她编的 |
[27:09] | She knew you were scared, | 她知道你当时很害怕 |
[27:10] | so she told you these things to make you feel better. | 所以她就说了那番话让你觉得好受些 |
[27:31] | Go get me my makeup bag. | 去把我的化妆袋拿来 |
[27:34] | Your makeup? | 你要化妆吗 |
[27:37] | If Sam’s coming over, I want to put on some makeup. | 如果山姆要来的话 我想化点妆先 |
[27:45] | Go and get my makeup bag. | 去吧 把我的化妆袋拿来 |
[28:04] | Allison, it seems I may owe you an apology. | 艾莉森 似乎我得对你说声对不起 |
[28:06] | It appears likely that the death of Adam Tallmadge | 看来亚当·托马齐的死 |
[28:07] | was a murder, after all. | 确系他人谋杀 |
[28:09] | And we think we’ve located a suspect. | 而且我们认为我们已经锁定嫌犯了 |
[28:11] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑的吧 |
[28:12] | I’m about to go down and take a look at him now. | 我现在就要去看他 |
[28:14] | Would you care to join me? | 要一起来吗 |
[28:16] | He died of congestive heart failure sometime last night. | 他在昨晚某个时候因心机过损而死亡 |
[28:19] | A beat cop found his body in the Eighth Street alley. | 一个民警在八号大街的巷子里发现了尸体 |
[28:23] | I know you said he was only pretending to be homeless, | 我知道你说过他只是伪装成流浪汉 |
[28:26] | but if he was, he was doing a hell of a job. | 但如果他真是流浪汉 那他可够苦的 |
[28:29] | Cop found his body beside a shopping cart | 民警说他的尸体躺在一辆推车旁边 |
[28:31] | full of the guy’s stuff. | 推车里放的就是他的全部家当了 |
[28:32] | It sure as hell looked like he was living out of there. | 从这些来看他确实是寄居在那里 |
[28:36] | We don’t have an I.D. Yet, | 我们还没查出他的身份 |
[28:37] | but hopefully it’s only a matter of time. | 但希望这只是个时间问题 |
[28:44] | That’s not him. | 不是他 |
[28:45] | That’s not the man who killed Adam Tallmadge. | 杀亚当·托马齐的人不是他 |
[28:47] | I beg to differ. | 怎么不是呢 |
[28:49] | He was wearing the exact same coat you described. | 他穿的衣服跟你描述的一样 |
[28:52] | The same one three other witnesses saw | 和那三个目击证人 |
[28:53] | the morning Tallmadge died. | 在托马齐死的那天早上看见的一样 |
[28:55] | And we found Tallmadge’s watch inside his shopping cart. | 我们还在他的推车里发现了托马齐的手表 |
[28:58] | What else do you need, Allison? | 你还要什么证据吗 艾莉森 |
[28:59] | This man obviously wasn’t wearing any kind of disguise. | 这个人很明显没有进行任何伪装 |
[29:02] | But the evidence does indicate | 但证据确凿 |
[29:04] | that he was involved in Adam Tallmadge’s death. | 他和亚当·托马齐的死有关 |
[29:06] | Is it possible that you somehow misinterpreted what you saw? | 有没有可能是你看错了什么 |
[29:11] | I don’t know, maybe. | 我不知道 也许吧 |
[29:22] | I think his name was Jerry. | 我想他的名字是杰瑞 |
[29:24] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[29:26] | Jerry. Why do you say that? | 杰瑞 为什么这么说 |
[29:27] | Well, he’s got a name tag. | 因为他有块姓名牌 |
[29:30] | Name tag? | 什么姓名牌 |
[29:35] | It was just right here. | 刚刚还在这儿放着的 |
[29:39] | It said “Burger Palace.” | 上面还写着汉堡宫殿 |
[29:41] | It was the same kind of name tag that Adam Tallmadge had. | 亚当·托马齐也有一块一样的姓名牌 |
[29:43] | It said his name was Jerry. | 上面写着他的名字是杰瑞 |
[29:45] | Jerry, huh, from the Burger Palace? | 杰瑞 在汉堡宫殿工作 |
[29:47] | All right, I’ll check it out. | 好的 我去查一下 |
[29:50] | Although it doesn’t look like Jerry here’s | 尽管这不像是杰瑞在这里 |
[29:51] | held down a job for quite some time. | 所从事的一份兼职 |
[30:06] | Hello. | 喂 |
[30:07] | Hey, it’s me. | 嘿 是我 |
[30:08] | Oh, hey, Joe. | 哦 你好 乔 |
[30:09] | I saw your mom’s name come up on the caller I.D., and… | 我看见来电显示上是你妈妈的名字 |
[30:13] | and I panicked. | 然后被吓了一跳 |
[30:14] | Yeah, I’m calling you from her house. | 是啊 我在妈妈的房子里给你打的电话 |
[30:17] | It’s so weird being here by myself, | 一个人呆在这儿感觉是有点奇怪 |
[30:19] | with everything that’s going on. | 而且什么东西都没有了 |
[30:21] | How is she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[30:23] | She’s the same. | 还是老样子 |
[30:26] | Did you guys get a chance to talk? | 你找到跟她解释的机会了吗 |
[30:29] | We sure did. | 当然聊过了 |
[30:31] | So how did it go? | 那么情况怎么样 |
[30:33] | Well, she’s a rock. | 她受了点刺激 |
[30:35] | She absorbed it, and then she put on makeup | 然后就平静了 于是她化了点妆 |
[30:38] | so she could meet her lawyer and revise her will. | 为了能好好的面对律师以及修改遗嘱 |
[30:41] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:44] | I-I still feel terrible about this. | 我对这件事还是感到很过意不去 |
[30:47] | She really wants to see the girls, Al. | 她很想见一见姑娘们 艾尔 |
[30:51] | She wants to see all of you. | 她想见你们所有人 |
[30:53] | I think it’s time. | 我想是时候了 |
[30:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:59] | I’m going to get off the phone, get on the computer | 我这就把电话挂了去开电脑 |
[31:01] | and I’ll book us a flight for first thing in the morning. | 然后去订明早的航班 |
[31:04] | I think that would make her happy. | 我想这会让她高兴的 |
[31:06] | Please tell her again how sorry I am. | 请再为我转达对她的歉意 |
[31:10] | And I really look forward to seeing her. | 我很希望能见到她 |
[31:13] | Of course I will. | 当然了 我会的 |
[31:15] | I really miss you. | 我很想念你 |
[31:17] | I miss you. | 我也想你 |
[31:19] | Hopefully I’ll see you tomorrow. | 希望明天能看见你 |
[31:21] | Yeah. Honey, of course you’re going to see us tomorrow. | 是啊 亲爱的 明天你就能见到我们了 |
[31:23] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[31:25] | I love you. | 我也爱你 |
[31:37] | I’m sorry, Jerry. I didn’t mean to scare you. | 抱歉 杰瑞 我没想吓你 |
[31:39] | Oh, this damn cough. | 哦 这要命的咳嗽 |
[31:42] | It’s me, it’s David Ostrowski. | 是我 大卫·奥斯特洛夫斯基 |
[31:46] | We worked together years ago — Burger Palace. | 咱俩多年前一起共过事 在汉堡宫殿 |
[31:52] | The Burger Palace — I remember. | 汉堡宫殿 我想起来了 |
[31:56] | That’s right, summer of ’88. | 没错 1988年的夏天 |
[31:59] | You worked the fry-o-later, | 你负责炸薯条 |
[32:01] | Adam Tallmadge worked the grill. | 亚当·托马齐负责烤肉 |
[32:02] | I handled the register. | 我负责收银 |
[32:05] | You came to see me a couple weeks ago. | 你几周前来找过我 |
[32:09] | You…bought my jacket from me. | 你 把我的夹克买走了 |
[32:13] | That’s good, Jerry. Yes, I did buy your jacket. | 没错 杰瑞 我是买走了你的夹克 |
[32:16] | And now I’m here to give it back. | 现在我来把夹克还给你 |
[32:20] | No. | 不要 |
[32:23] | Uh-uh. No! | 不要 |
[32:25] | A deal’s a deal. | 卖出去就概不退换了 |
[32:27] | Plus, I already spent the money you gave me. | 再说 我已经把你给的钱花掉了 |
[32:29] | I don’t want the money back, Jerry. | 我不用你还钱 杰瑞 |
[32:31] | I just want to give the jacket back. | 我只是想把夹克还给你 |
[32:33] | I can’t use it anymore. | 我用不上了 |
[32:35] | Use it? | 用不上 |
[32:39] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[32:41] | I had some stuff to take care of, | 我本来是有些事要处理 |
[32:43] | and I’m finished now, and so I’m giving it back. | 现在处理完了 所以就把夹克还给你 |
[32:48] | Here. | 给 |
[32:53] | Let me help you put it on. | 我来帮你穿上 |
[33:06] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[33:08] | Okay, it’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事 没事的 没事的 |
[33:27] | David… | 大卫 |
[33:33] | Allison? | 艾莉森 |
[33:38] | Marjorie. | 玛乔丽 |
[33:45] | Hello? | 喂 |
[33:49] | I’m sorry to call so late, | 对不起这么晚吵醒你 |
[33:50] | but I just heard from the hospital. | 我收到医院的通知 |
[33:54] | Mom’s gone. | 妈妈去世了 |
[34:06] | Mr. Ostrowski, good morning. | 奥斯特洛夫斯基先生 早上好 |
[34:08] | I’m Manuel Devalos. | 我是曼纽尔·德弗洛斯 |
[34:09] | Thank you for coming on such short notice. | 谢谢你能在这么短的时间内赶来 |
[34:14] | That’s a nasty cough, sir. You feeling all right? | 你咳得很厉害 先生 你没事吧 |
[34:16] | It’s always like that. | 一直这样 |
[34:18] | It’s a chronic thing. | 是慢性病了 |
[34:19] | I’m a little confused. | 我有点不太明白 |
[34:21] | Are you sure you have the right Ostrowski? | 你确定你找对了人吗 |
[34:22] | I can’t imagine what you folks could want with me. | 我不明白你们为什么会想要找我 |
[34:23] | We just have a few questions. | 我们只是有些问题想问你 |
[34:25] | Shouldn’t take long. Please. | 不会耽误你很久的 这边请 |
[34:27] | No. I’m sorry. | 不 对不起 |
[34:29] | He doesn’t look familiar to me. | 我不认得这个人 |
[34:30] | His name is Adam Tallmadge. | 他叫亚当·托马齐 |
[34:33] | The two of you worked together years ago | 你们两个多年前曾一起在钱德镇的 |
[34:35] | at a branch of the Burger Palace in Chandler. | 一家汉堡宫殿的分店工作 |
[34:39] | I believe our research indicated | 我们的调查报告上说 |
[34:40] | it was the summer of 1988? | 是在1988年的夏天对吧 |
[34:42] | Wow. Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:44] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[34:46] | Mr. Tallmadge was killed recently. | 托马齐先生最近被杀了 |
[34:48] | Someone pushed him in front of a commuter train a few days ago. | 几天前有人把他推下了通勤车轨道 |
[34:51] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[34:53] | I heard about that, | 我听说了这件事 |
[34:54] | but I had no idea that I knew the person. | 但我不知道死者是我认识的人 |
[34:56] | Look, I don’t know how I can help you guys. | 不知道我能帮上什么忙呢 |
[34:58] | I honestly don’t remember him. | 我真的不记得这个人了 |
[34:59] | There were a lot of us who worked | 那年夏天在汉堡宫殿 |
[35:00] | at the Burger Palace that summer. | 工作的人很多 |
[35:02] | There were 14, actually. We checked. | 实际上一共是十四个人 我们查过了 |
[35:08] | That’s Jerry Thornton. | 这是杰瑞·索顿 |
[35:09] | He’s another coworker. | 你的另一位同事 |
[35:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:14] | If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[35:15] | But he obviously didn’t look like that 20 years ago. | 但是他二十年前肯定不是这个样子 |
[35:18] | Mr. Thornton’s been homeless | 索顿先生已经有 |
[35:20] | for the better part of a decade. | 十年左右都无家可归了 |
[35:22] | We found him dead the other night. | 几天前的晚上我们发现了他的尸体 |
[35:24] | Initially, it looked like a simple case of heart failure. | 最初 他看起来就像是心脏病发猝死 |
[35:26] | We did a routine tox screen, and nothing unusual came up. | 我们做过常规的毒性排查没发现任何不妥 |
[35:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:31] | Then I received a tip | 后来我接到线报 |
[35:32] | suggesting we look a little closer. | 建议我们再仔细调查一下 |
[35:33] | We ran some additional tests. | 于是我们就做了些额外的化验 |
[35:35] | Turns out your old friend died from an insulin overdose. | 结果发现你的老朋友死于胰岛素过量 |
[35:38] | If you give someone too much of the stuff, | 如果你给某人注射太多胰岛素 |
[35:40] | it causes a hypoglycemic reaction. | 就会导致低血糖症状 |
[35:42] | Cause of death appears to be heart failure… | 看起来像是死于心脏病发 |
[35:45] | unless you know what to look for. | 除非你知道从何查起 |
[35:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:56] | Uh, I…I’ll take your word for it. | 我 我相信你说的 |
[35:58] | But why are you telling me this? | 但是你们为什么要告诉我这些 |
[36:00] | Indulge us for another moment. | 稍安勿躁 |
[36:05] | That’s Ingrid Martinez. | 这是英格丽德·马丁内斯 |
[36:06] | She worked with you, too. | 她也曾是你的同事 |
[36:08] | We think that someone was planning to push her | 我们认为几天前 |
[36:10] | in front of a train earlier this week. | 有人计划要把她推下铁轨 |
[36:12] | It didn’t happen because we placed | 这件惨案后来得以避免是因为 |
[36:14] | extra law enforcement at the station. | 我们在车站加派了执法人员 |
[36:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:17] | We believe all three of these events | 我们相信这三件事 |
[36:19] | are connected, Mr. Ostrowski. | 是有关联的 奥斯特洛夫斯基先生 |
[36:21] | I’m sorry. Connected how? | 对不起 有什么关联 |
[36:25] | Because they all had the same summer job back in ’88? | 就因为他们在1988年一起打过工吗 |
[36:28] | I know — sounds crazy. | 我知道 听上去的确不靠谱 |
[36:30] | But did you know that during the summer of 1988, | 但是你知不知道1988年的夏天 |
[36:33] | the insulation in the Burger Palace kitchen | 你曾就职的那间汉堡宫殿的厨房的 |
[36:35] | where you worked contained asbestos? | 隔热层里含有石棉 |
[36:38] | I think you must. | 你肯定知道 |
[36:39] | After all, you filed a suit against Burger Palace | 毕竟 你还曾起诉过汉堡宫殿 |
[36:42] | alleging that the asbestos in the piping | 因为你相信 那些绝热管道内的石棉 |
[36:44] | caused that cough of yours. | 是导致你咳嗽的罪魁祸首 |
[36:47] | Yes, that’s true. I did file a suit. | 没错 我是起诉过 |
[36:48] | Is something wrong with that? | 这有什么不妥吗 |
[36:50] | No, not at all. | 不 完全没有 |
[36:51] | And from what I understand, it’s quite a compelling case. | 而且据我了解 你的胜算很大 |
[36:54] | So compelling, as a matter of fact, | 实际上 胜算大到 |
[36:55] | that the Burger Palace didn’t want to take it to court. | 汉堡宫殿根本不愿出庭 |
[36:58] | Which is why they offered to settle. | 所以他们提出要庭外和解 |
[37:00] | They realized that if they did settle with you, | 他们也清楚一旦他们跟你做出和解 |
[37:03] | they would face lawsuits from everybody | 那么1988年曾在那家分店工作过的 |
[37:04] | who worked at that franchise in 1988. | 每个员工都将会起诉他们 |
[37:06] | Which is why they offered you a group settlement. | 所以他们跟你提出要集体和解 |
[37:08] | One lump sum, to be divided among all the workers | 他们出一大笔钱 然后你把这笔钱分给 |
[37:11] | who were exposed to that asbestos. | 所有接触到石棉的员工 |
[37:13] | Now, to hear their lawyers tell it, | 据他们的律师所说 |
[37:15] | they gave you a choice. | 他们给你提供了两个选择 |
[37:17] | Accept the group route or… | 要不就接受集体和解 |
[37:19] | they would use their considerable resources | 否则他们就动用他们的势力 |
[37:21] | to tie your suit up in court for years. | 让你的案子多年也得不到解决 |
[37:23] | Well, they’re a big company. | 没办法 他们是大企业 |
[37:24] | And yes, they’re playing hardball. So? | 没错 他们是跟我玩硬的了 那又怎样 |
[37:26] | So, you knew that the fewer people around | 所以 你知道 |
[37:28] | to claim their piece of the settlement, | 提出和解的人越少 |
[37:30] | the larger your share would be. | 你分得的钱也就越多 |
[37:33] | Our guess is that | 我们的猜测是 |
[37:34] | every member of the group that was eliminated | 提出和解的人每少一个 |
[37:36] | is worth about an extra million to you. | 你的户头上就会多出一百万美金 |
[37:40] | You can’t prove any of that. | 你没有证据 |
[37:50] | I urge you to take a look at the stain | 我劝你看一下这件夹克 |
[37:52] | on the right elbow of that jacket. | 右手肘处的污渍 |
[37:54] | We believe it’s mucus. | 那是口腔粘液造成的污渍 |
[37:56] | The right elbow — that’s where you tend | 正好在右手肘的部位 |
[37:58] | to cover your mouth when you’re hacking up phlegm | 你由于石棉沉滞症而导致频繁咳嗽 |
[38:00] | from your asbestosis, isn’t it? | 你每次都用右手肘来止痰 不是吗 |
[38:02] | If we were to test your DNA against the DNA | 如果我们用你的DNA |
[38:05] | on that portion of the jacket, | 跟夹克上的DNA做比对 |
[38:07] | we’d find a match, wouldn’t we? | 结果会是吻合的 对吧 |
[38:20] | Oh. Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[38:27] | I’m sorry I couldn’t pick you up. | 很抱歉我没能去接你们 |
[38:32] | Honey, how can I help you? | 亲爱的 我能帮你干些什么吗 |
[38:35] | Did you get any sleep last night? | 你昨晚睡了吗 |
[38:38] | You mean, like, in a bed, where you close your eyes? | 你是说躺在床上闭上眼睛吗 |
[38:43] | Sweetie, you need to get some rest. | 宝贝儿 你需要休息 |
[38:46] | I would that I could, but I got a eulogy to write. | 我也想啊 但我还要写悼词 |
[38:55] | You know what I regret? | 你知道我后悔什么吗 |
[38:57] | I regret that I didn’t let you make that call. | 我后悔我没让你打那个电话 |
[39:02] | I regret that the two of you didn’t get to talk. | 我后悔没让你跟妈妈谈谈 |
[39:08] | She loved you, Allison. | 她爱你 艾莉森 |
[39:11] | She loved that I was married to you. | 她很高兴我娶了你 |
[39:14] | And I think she understood about the lie. | 而且我想她能理解你撒了那个谎 |
[39:17] | I do. | 真的 |
[39:18] | I even kind of think she was grateful for it. | 我甚至认为她很感激你撒了那个谎 |
[39:22] | Come on. | 过来 |
[39:25] | You get some rest. | 你休息会吧 |
[39:27] | It was such a long trip. | 这么大老远的跑过来 |
[39:30] | Okay. | 好了 |
[39:31] | I’m going to be in the living room for a little bit, | 我要去厅里待会 |
[39:34] | trying to sum up a life. | 试着总结一下她的一生 |
[39:46] | Oh. Did you just get back? | 你刚回来吗 |
[39:54] | Who are you talking to? | 你在跟谁讲话 |
[40:41] | He’s writing a beautiful eulogy. | 他正在写一篇感人的悼词 |
[40:44] | He’s really a pretty terrific son. | 他真的是个很棒的儿子 |
[40:51] | He’s a pretty terrific husband, too. | 他也是个很棒的丈夫 |
[40:55] | God, I was worried about you. | 天啊 我一直在担心你 |
[41:00] | Last night, when you came to see me, | 昨晚当你来找我的时候 |
[41:04] | you came and went so quickly. | 你转眼间就不见了 |
[41:07] | I was worried that you were angry. | 我很担心你还在生我的气 |
[41:11] | No. Just confused. | 没有 我只是很迷惘 |
[41:14] | I didn’t really understand what had just happened to me. | 我不明白我到底发生了什么事 |
[41:17] | I felt wonderful and wonderfully sad | 我一边感觉很美好 |
[41:20] | all at the same time. | 同时又觉得很难过 |
[41:22] | It’s funny — nothing in life prepares you for death. | 真好笑 活着时怎么也想不到死的感觉 |
[41:28] | I feel terrible about what I did — | 我很内疚我那样对你 |
[41:33] | deceiving you like that, giving you false hope. | 骗了你 给了你虚幻的希望 |
[41:37] | It’s okay. I understood. | 没事的 我理解 |
[41:42] | But how could you? | 你怎么会理解呢 |
[41:44] | I just did. | 就是可以理解 |
[41:49] | I knew from the first day you told me. | 你第一天告诉我的时候我就知道了 |
[41:52] | Deep down, I thought…this is a lie. | 在内心深处 我知道 那是个谎言 |
[41:57] | This is a beautiful, generous lie. | 那是个美丽的 慷慨的谎言 |
[42:00] | But I liked it, so I lived it. | 但我喜欢那个谎言所以说服自己相信了 |
[42:03] | As long as I could, anyway. | 至少到最后一刻都相信着 |
[42:06] | It seemed so much nicer than the truth. | 那比真相好多了 |
[42:13] | Take care of my boy and my granddaughters. | 照顾好我的儿子和孙女们 |
[42:21] | I’ve peeked, and there’s some darkness ahead. | 我偷看过 你们的未来会有些黑暗 |
[42:25] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[42:27] | What kind of darkness? | 什么黑暗 |
[42:29] | I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. | 对不起 我不该说的 |
[42:35] | It’s going to be a wonderful life. | 你们的生活将会一片光明 |
[42:39] | Well, wait. | 等一下 |
[42:41] | – Tell me about the darkness. – Allison. | -跟我说说那片黑暗 -艾莉森 |
[42:44] | Who you talking to? | 你在跟谁讲话 |
[42:52] | Nothing. No one. | 没什么 没人 |