时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Okay, folks… show is over! | 好了 伙计们 演出结束 |
[00:06] | It’s time for Elvis to leave the building. | 猫王要离开这里了 |
[00:10] | It’s a long way down, friend. | 这里可是很高啊 朋友 |
[00:16] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[00:18] | Where the hell did you come from? | 你从哪里来的 |
[00:20] | That doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[00:22] | What matters is you. | 重要的是你 |
[00:25] | Do you understand you are about to embark | 你知道你的这种举动 |
[00:28] | on a course of action from which there is | 将使你踏上一条 |
[00:30] | no turning back? | 不归路吗 |
[00:34] | such a waste! | 太浪费了 |
[00:35] | You’re so young, so filled with promise. | 你还这么年轻 前途充满着希望 |
[00:41] | Promise? | 希望 |
[00:43] | In the last two weeks, I’ve lost my job, | 在两周之内 我丢了工作 |
[00:46] | I lost my apartment, lost a fight… | 失去了我的公寓 连打架也打输了 |
[00:51] | So if it’s promise that you’re looking for… | 如果这就是你提到的希望 |
[00:56] | I think you may have me confused with someone else. | 我想你大概弄错人了 |
[01:04] | Michael… | 迈克尔 |
[01:06] | I can help you. | 我能帮你 |
[01:07] | I can show you how to turn your life around. | 我可以告诉你如何改变你的生活 |
[01:11] | How’d you do that? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[01:13] | Weren’t you just over there? | 你刚才明明在那边 |
[01:16] | And how’d you know my name? | 你是怎么知道我名字的 |
[01:20] | I know everything. | 我无所不知 |
[01:23] | I can see everything. | 我能看到所有的一切 |
[01:27] | Come on, Michael, say yes. | 来吧 迈克尔 答应我 |
[01:30] | Say yes to me. Say yes to success. | 跟我合作 拥抱成功 |
[01:34] | Yes to success. | 拥抱成功 |
[01:38] | If it was only that easy. | 说的容易 |
[01:41] | But it is. | 就是这么容易 |
[01:43] | Come on! | 来吧 |
[01:44] | Look at yourself. | 看看你自己 |
[01:46] | What have you got to lose? | 你还有什么可失去的 |
[01:51] | Sure. | 是啊 |
[01:54] | Absolutely! | 说的对 |
[01:55] | Yes! | 好的 |
[01:58] | Yes to suc… | 拥抱成 |
[02:09] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[02:10] | Yeah. Just had a horrible dream. | 是的 只是一个恐怖的梦 |
[02:15] | My brother Michael. | 我弟弟迈克尔 |
[02:17] | I’m worried; I think he might be in trouble. | 我有些担心 我觉得他可能有麻烦了 |
[02:19] | You needed a dream to tell you that? | 不用做梦也该知道啊 |
[03:17] | Come on… | 拜托 |
[03:19] | Yo! | 喂 |
[03:20] | Yo? | 喂 |
[03:22] | Is that you? Is this Michael? | 是你吗 迈克尔 |
[03:23] | I don’t know. Who is this? | 我不确定 你是谁 |
[03:26] | It’s your sister Allison. | 你姐姐艾莉森 |
[03:28] | Hey, Al! | 嗨 艾尔 |
[03:30] | That is so weird. | 真奇怪 |
[03:31] | I was just going to call you. | 我正准备下飞机后 |
[03:32] | After I landed. | 打给你的 |
[03:34] | Landed? | 下飞机 |
[03:35] | Are you traveling somewhere? | 你准备去外地吗 |
[03:37] | Yeah, for work. | 是啊 出差 |
[03:38] | In fact, I’m going to Phoenix. | 事实上 我马上要到凤凰城来 |
[03:39] | That’s why I was going to call you. | 所以我才准备打给你 |
[03:42] | You sound good. | 听上去你过得很不错 |
[03:43] | You sound happy. | 听起来你很开心 |
[03:46] | Did you say work? | 你刚才说出差 |
[03:47] | Yeah, work. | 是的 出差 |
[03:48] | And I am good. | 而且我很好 |
[03:50] | I… I’m happy. | 我很开心 |
[03:52] | I have a great new job, a great new life. | 我有个很棒的新工作 新生活 |
[03:56] | So you’re not… depressed or anything? | 你现在没有 很沮丧或者别的什么吧 |
[03:59] | No. | 没有 |
[04:00] | Why? Should I be? | 怎么了 我应该沮丧吗 |
[04:01] | Now boarding Flight 72404… | 72404次航班开始登机 |
[04:05] | Hey, sorry, Al, my plane’s taking off. | 抱歉 艾尔 我的飞机要起飞了 |
[04:07] | I’m gonna have to run. | 我必须走了 |
[04:08] | Hey, when am I going to see you? | 嗨 我什么时候能看到你 |
[04:09] | What are you doing for dinner tonight? | 你今天晚上在哪里吃饭 |
[04:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:12] | What are you doing for dinner tonight? | 你们今天晚上吃什么 |
[04:14] | Well, come by the house– around 7:00. | 太好了 7点到我家来 |
[04:16] | All right, you got it. | 好的 说定了 |
[04:18] | Okay, fly safe. | 好 一路顺风 |
[04:22] | Hey. Hey, sorry I’m late. | 嗨 抱歉 我来晚了 |
[04:24] | I rushed over as soon as Devalos called. | 我一接到德弗洛斯的电话就赶过来了 |
[04:29] | Oh, my God. | 老天啊 |
[04:31] | Ask me if we have a cause of death. | 你该问问我找没找到致命伤 |
[04:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:34] | Do we have a cause of death? | 发现致命伤了吗 |
[04:35] | Oh, yeah. Several. | 哦 是的 很多个 |
[04:37] | Broken neck, broken back, punctured lung, | 脖子断了 背也断了 肺穿孔 |
[04:39] | and two or three others | 还有两到三个其它致命伤 |
[04:40] | I can’t think of off the top of my head. | 我不禁一直在想 |
[04:42] | And all accomplished without the use of a weapon. | 凶手甚至都没有使用任何凶器 |
[04:45] | You mean somebody did this with their bare hands? | 你是说这个人是被人徒手打死的 |
[04:47] | That’s what the folks | 法医组的那帮人 |
[04:48] | at the medical examiner’s are telling me, | 是这样告诉我的 |
[04:50] | so obviously we’re looking for a very big boy. | 很显然我们要找一个超大块头 |
[04:53] | His name was Warren Cheswick. | 他的名字是沃伦·切斯维克 |
[04:56] | None of his valuables are missing, | 他的贵重物品一件都没有少 |
[04:57] | no signs of forced entry. | 没有强行闯入的痕迹 |
[04:59] | Neighbors said he’s an absolute peach. | 所有的邻居都说他是个非常好的人 |
[05:02] | What a horrible way to die. | 死的太惨了 |
[05:04] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:06] | Ordinarily, I wouldn’t pull you in so early; | 通常我不会这么早就把你叫过来 |
[05:07] | it’s just with these new Charlie Dalton For Mayor ads | 但是查理·道尔顿竞选市长的新广告 |
[05:10] | that started running on TV last night… | 昨天晚上开始在电视上播放了 |
[05:12] | What are you talking about? What ads? | 你在说什么呢 什么广告 |
[05:14] | You haven’t seen ’em? Oh, you’ll love ’em. | 你还没看到 哦 你会喜欢的 |
[05:16] | According to these ads, Manny’s soft on crime. | 他在广告里暗示 曼尼打击犯罪不力 |
[05:18] | Just a big bleeding heart wearing a fancy suit. | 在其位不谋其政 |
[05:21] | Needless to say, the sooner we catch the guy who did this, | 不用说 我们越快抓到犯人交给曼尼 |
[05:23] | and turn him over to Manny, the better. | 对曼尼就越有利 |
[05:25] | You know I’m happy to try, but I’m not very good at this. | 我很乐意试试 但我不擅长干这个 |
[05:29] | I mean, whenever I go looking for clues, | 每次我刻意寻找什么线索 |
[05:31] | I almost never find any. | 我几乎都找不到 |
[05:33] | I just… you know, I’m not a Geiger counter. | 我做不到指哪打哪 我不是盖革计数器 |
[05:36] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[05:51] | Sorry I’m not a Geiger counter. | 真抱歉我不是盖革计数器 |
[06:21] | Lee! | 李 |
[06:22] | Find some uranium? | 发现铀了吗 |
[06:24] | The man that we, we just found murdered in this room, | 这个男人 在这个房里被杀的这个男人 |
[06:27] | I-I-I, I just saw him taking pictures of a girl | 我刚刚看到他在给一个女孩拍照 |
[06:29] | that he had… he had bound and gagged. | 他把那个女孩捆住 嘴也堵上了 |
[06:32] | She was… she was dying, | 那个女孩快死了 |
[06:34] | he kept taking pictures of her, and then he, | 他还不断的给她拍照 然后 |
[06:36] | he hid the camera in that book over there. | 他把照相机藏到那本书里 |
[06:39] | There. | 就是那个 |
[07:02] | He’s got pictures of at least | 他在这里 |
[07:03] | three other girls in here. | 至少给三个女孩拍过照 |
[07:05] | I guess Warren Cheswick wasn’t such a peach after all. | 我猜沃伦·切斯维克并不像看上去那么好 |
[07:10] | Manuel Devalos says he’s the law and order candidate. | 曼纽尔说他是法律和秩序的代言人 |
[07:13] | But let’s look at the facts. | 但让我们来看看事实吧 |
[07:15] | Homicides in Phoenix are up 12% | 在过去四年中 |
[07:18] | over the last four years. | 凤凰城的凶杀案上升了12% |
[07:19] | Gun violence is up 14%. | 枪支暴力案件上升了14% |
[07:23] | Does that sound like law and order to you? | 你们满意这样的法律和秩序吗 |
[07:26] | Charlie Dalton for Mayor. Real law. | 市长候选人查理·道尔顿 真正的法律 |
[07:29] | Real order. | 真正的秩序 |
[07:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:32] | Sounds kind of desperate, if you ask me. | 要我说 听上去没什么希望 |
[07:35] | Mr. District Attorney… | 检察官先生 |
[07:37] | Charlie Dalton has been a councilman for… half a term. | 查理·道尔顿只做过半个任期的议会议员 |
[07:40] | He’s got no record to speak of, so he’s attacking mine. | 自己没有政绩所以才攻击我的政绩 |
[07:42] | People see through this kind of thing. | 人们会看透这一切的 |
[07:44] | Look, Manny, you know the numbers aren’t encouraging. | 曼尼 你看这些数据并不乐观 |
[07:47] | We’re down. | 我们落后了 |
[07:48] | And this gap is only going to get bigger | 一旦这个广告开始密集播放 |
[07:49] | once this ad goes into heavy rotation. | 这个差距会越来越大 |
[07:51] | We need to hit back. We have to hit back. | 我们需要反击 我们必须反击 |
[07:54] | I told you when I hired you, Justine, | 贾丝廷我在雇佣你的时候就说过 |
[07:56] | – I won’t indulge in negative campaigning. – I know, | -我不允许搞攻击型的竞选 -我知道 |
[07:59] | which is why, up until now, | 这就是为什么至今为止 |
[08:00] | we have run a very polite campaign. | 我们的竞选活动一直以来都太温柔了 |
[08:03] | a very polite, ineffective campaign. | 是非常文雅的 没有效果的竞选 |
[08:09] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你一件事吗 |
[08:11] | As long as you’re polite about it. | 只要你能礼貌点 随便问 |
[08:13] | Allison DuBois– why aren’t we using her? | 艾莉森·迪布瓦 为什么我们不用她 |
[08:16] | What do you mean, “Using her”? Using her how? | 你说用她是什么意思 怎么用 |
[08:18] | Well, for starters, we could give her everything we have | 首先 我们可以给她一切 |
[08:21] | on Charlie Dalton | 关于查理·道尔顿的资料 |
[08:23] | and see what she comes up with. | 看她提出什么想法 |
[08:24] | Who knows? Maybe she’ll dream about something | 天知道 也许她会梦到一些事情 |
[08:25] | that we can use against him. | 我们可以用来反对查理 |
[08:27] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[08:29] | I like that. | 我喜欢你那样 |
[08:31] | Speaking without thinking. | 不思而言 |
[08:32] | Very desirable in a public official. | 作为政府官员很令人满意 |
[08:36] | Look… with all due respect, Mr. District Attorney, | 听着 恕我直言 地方检察官先生 |
[08:41] | what is your problem with winning? | 你成功的困难是什么 |
[08:43] | I don’t have a problem with winning, Ms. Godrich. | 我的成功没有困难 高德瑞小姐 |
[08:45] | I do have a problem with compromising friends and colleagues. | 但对连累朋友和同事这事我确实有困难 |
[08:48] | Allison DuBois is an employee of this city, | 艾莉森·迪布瓦是这座城市的雇员 |
[08:51] | not my campaign. | 不是我竞选活动的雇员 |
[08:52] | So how about we stop wasting time and energy figuring out | 所以我们不要浪费时间和精力计算 |
[08:55] | how we can stoop to Charlie Dalton’s level, | 我们怎样才能堕落到查理·道尔顿的水平 |
[08:57] | and see what we can do to focus the voters | 而是我们怎样才能让选民关注 |
[08:59] | on the issues that actually matter in this election? | 此次选举中与他们切实相关的议题 |
[09:03] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 长官 |
[09:05] | No Allison DuBois. | 不用艾莉森·迪布瓦 |
[09:07] | Change the focus. | 改变关注点 |
[09:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:14] | 200 envelopes, Ms. Godrich. | 200个信封 高德瑞小姐 |
[09:16] | Stuffed and ready to go. | 装满了并即将邮递 |
[09:19] | Would you like me to take these to the mail room? | 你是否需要我把它们送到收发室 |
[09:23] | No. | 不用了 |
[09:28] | you’ve been working on the campaign | 你已经为选举活动工作了 |
[09:30] | for a while now, huh, Bridgette? | 一段时间了吧 布里奇特 |
[09:31] | About three weeks. | 大约三周 |
[09:33] | Why do you ask? | 为什么问这个 |
[09:34] | well, I was just thinking that maybe, | 我只是在想 |
[09:38] | maybe a little promotion was in order. | 也许适当晋升是合适的 |
[09:45] | Oh, look at you! | 看看你都变什么样了 |
[09:46] | Oh, look at you, look at you, look at you. | 看看你都变什么样了 |
[09:48] | Give me a hug, already. | 拥抱一下 |
[09:51] | Wow, nice suit! What’d you do, | 多合适的西服 你都做什么了 |
[09:52] | mug an undertaker? | 抢了一个企业家 |
[09:53] | Yeah, I know I’m a little overdressed, | 是的 我知道我穿的有点过于正式了 |
[09:55] | but I came here right from work | 但我是一下班就来这了 |
[09:56] | ’cause I didn’t want to be late. | 因为我不想迟到 |
[09:58] | I’m sorry, you came from where? | 抱歉 你从哪来的 |
[09:59] | Yeah, I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[10:01] | Come in! Thanks. | 进来吧 谢谢 |
[10:03] | If you’d told me a year ago | 如果一年前你告诉我 |
[10:04] | I’d be working as a pharmaceutical rep, | 我会成为一名药物销售代表 |
[10:06] | I would’ve laughed in your face. | 我会当着你的面大笑的 |
[10:08] | I mean, if you’d told me a year ago I’d be working at all, | 甚至是如果一年前你告诉我我会有工作 |
[10:11] | I would’ve laughed. | 我都会大笑的 |
[10:12] | So what is it you actually do? | 那你实际上做什么呢 |
[10:14] | Well, basically, I sell drugs to doctors. | 从根本上说 我卖毒品给医生 |
[10:17] | Are you a drug dealer? | 你是毒贩吗 |
[10:20] | Marie! | 玛丽 |
[10:21] | Well, kind of, but… | 差不多 但 |
[10:23] | the kind of drugs I sell are the kind you take | 我卖的是那种你们可以使用的毒品 |
[10:25] | when you’re sick and trying to get better. | 当你们生病并且希望康复的时候用的药 |
[10:27] | So how’d you hear about this job? | 那你是怎么知道这份工作的 |
[10:28] | Did you see an ad in the paper? | 你是在报纸上看到的广告吗 |
[10:31] | Heard about it through a friend. | 从朋友那听说的 |
[10:34] | A friend? Who? | 朋友 谁 |
[10:38] | It’s past 9:00. | 已经9点多了 |
[10:39] | Busted. | 崩溃 |
[10:41] | All right. Come on, girls. | 好吧 快点 姑娘们 |
[10:43] | Say good night to your uncle Michael. | 和迈克尔叔叔道晚安吧 |
[10:46] | Girls, I’ll check in on you. | 姑娘们 我会去检查你们的 |
[10:48] | Good night, sweetie. | 晚安 宝贝 |
[10:49] | Love you, sweetheart. | 爱你 甜心 |
[10:57] | All right, quit staring at me. | 好了 别盯着我了 |
[11:00] | I’m sorry, I’ll… I’ll try. | 抱歉 我会 我会尽力的 |
[11:03] | I just been worried about you. | 我只是很担心你 |
[11:06] | I dreamt about you. | 我梦到你了 |
[11:08] | That’s never good. | 那绝不是好事 |
[11:10] | You were pretty messed up. | 你当时相当的混乱 |
[11:13] | You were standing on this bridge. | 你站在桥上 |
[11:19] | Yeah, well… I’ve stood on a few bridges in my time, | 是的 在我人生里我有好几次站在桥上 |
[11:23] | but don’t worry, I’m not that guy anymore. | 但不用担心 我不再是那样的人了 |
[11:27] | In my dream, this guy showed up. | 在我梦里 这家伙又出现了 |
[11:30] | He talked you out of it. | 是他说服你摆脱出来的 |
[11:32] | Is he the one? | 他是那个人吗 |
[11:33] | Is he the one who told you about this job, | 这份工作是他介绍给你的吗 |
[11:35] | who helped you straighten up? | 是他帮你振作起来的吗 |
[11:38] | Hey, look. | 看 |
[11:42] | The Best You You Can Be. | 你会出类拔萃(书名) |
[11:45] | Yeah, turn it over. | 翻过来看看 |
[11:46] | Do you recognize him? | 你认识他吗 |
[11:47] | I sure do. | 我当然认识 |
[11:49] | Hey, thanks for helping my brother. | 嗨 谢谢你帮了我弟弟 |
[11:53] | Carson Churchill. | 卡尔森·丘吉尔 |
[11:54] | Yeah, he’d written, like, 15 books before he died. | 是的 他一生一共写了15本书 |
[11:58] | He’s helped thousands of people, and now he just helps me. | 他帮助了许多人 现在他也帮助了我 |
[12:01] | Still? | 还在帮吗 |
[12:03] | Every day. | 每天都是 |
[12:04] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[12:06] | All right. | 好了 |
[12:06] | Looks like you’re needed. | 看来她们需要你 |
[12:08] | I’ll, um, go and say good night with you | 我得走了 晚安 |
[12:12] | and then head back to the hotel. | 然后返回酒店 |
[12:14] | Hotel? Aren’t you staying on the couch? | 酒店 你不是在沙发上睡吗 |
[12:16] | No. Like I said, I’m… I’m not that guy anymore. | 不 就像我说的 我不再是那样的人 |
[12:19] | But I got an extra key, so if the kids | 但我有备用钥匙 如果孩子们 |
[12:22] | want to come use the pool after school tomorrow. | 想在明天放学后来游泳 |
[12:25] | Let me get this straight. | 我直说吧 |
[12:27] | Your little brother’s got himself a dead life coach? | 你弟弟找了个已故的人生教练 |
[12:30] | Or should I say, a life coach who’s dead. | 或者我应该说 人生教练是个已故的人 |
[12:32] | Or maybe I got it right the first time. | 也许我第一次就说对了 |
[12:34] | Stop it. That’s not funny. | 别说了 那不好笑 |
[12:35] | Really? I don’t know. | 真的吗 我不知道 |
[12:37] | Speaking only for myself, I find this very amusing. | 我只是对自己说 我觉得这很有趣 |
[12:39] | My brother really believes in this guy. | 我弟弟真的很相信这个人 |
[12:46] | “My life is my success, | 我的人生就是我的成功 |
[12:47] | my success is my life.” | 我的成功就是我的人生 |
[12:49] | What does that actually mean? | 这到底是什么意思 |
[12:50] | Oh, wait, I didn’t read the most important part. | 等一下 我没读最重要的一部分 |
[12:53] | “$14.99. | 14.99美元 |
[12:55] | Also available in audio book and e-book formats.” | 有声书和电子书同样适用 |
[12:58] | Sorry, but I’m very dubious about people who charge money | 抱歉 但我很怀疑那些收费 |
[13:00] | to tell you how to succeed in life, | 才会告诉你如何成功的人 |
[13:03] | when their secret is so obvious. | 尤其是他们的成功的秘诀如此明显 |
[13:04] | Oh, really? It’s obvious? | 真的吗 很明显? |
[13:06] | Sure, just charge people like your brother | 当然 只有你弟弟那样的人 |
[13:07] | money for the secret. | 才会为了成功的秘诀买单 |
[13:09] | You know, you’re not being fair. | 你知道 你这么说太偏激 |
[13:10] | There’s some pretty interesting things in here. | 这里面确实有一些有意思的事 |
[13:12] | Like what? | 例如呢 |
[13:14] | Like, “Success comes from good judgment, | 就像 成功来自于正确的判断 |
[13:17] | “Good judgment comes from experience, | 正确的判断来自于经验 |
[13:20] | experience comes from bad judgment.” | 经验来自于错误的判断 |
[13:22] | Well, if that’s true, then your brother is gonna be | 如果那是正确的 那么你弟弟将是 |
[13:24] | the most successful man on the planet. | 地球上最成功的人 |
[13:27] | I’m just saying, | 我只是说 |
[13:28] | life is a, is a long-distance run, | 生活 就像长跑 |
[13:31] | not a one-month sprint. | 而不是一个月的短跑 |
[13:32] | And I, for one, am not breaking out the champagne | 而我呢 不会为你的弟弟 |
[13:35] | for your brother. | 开香槟庆祝 |
[13:36] | Not yet. | 还没说完呢 |
[13:47] | Nerve-racking, isn’t it? | 很伤脑筋 对吧 |
[13:53] | Just remember, she’s just as nervous as you are. | 只要记住 她和你一样紧张 |
[13:59] | Everyone else he’s interviewed for the position | 他面试的每一个人 |
[14:01] | was just as nervous as you are. | 都和你一样紧张 |
[14:04] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[14:05] | I’m never gonna get this job. | 我从没想过得到这工作 |
[14:07] | In case you haven’t heard, | 除非你不知道 |
[14:08] | I’m a loser. | 我就是一失败者 |
[14:10] | You know, when I walk down the street, | 你知道 当我走在街上的时候 |
[14:12] | beggars give me money. | 乞丐给我钱 |
[14:14] | Look at my resume. | 看看我的简历 |
[14:15] | It’s got more holes in it than a golf course. | 这上面空的格比高尔夫球场上的球洞还多 |
[14:18] | None of that matters. | 那都不重要 |
[14:21] | Not today. | 不单是今天 |
[14:22] | Everyone’s a loser at some point. | 每个人在某些方面都是失败者 |
[14:24] | Some people just choose not to accept it. | 有些人选择不接受 |
[14:29] | My birth name’s not Carson Churchill. | 我以前的名字不叫卡尔森·丘吉尔 |
[14:32] | It’s Hobart Carson. | 我叫霍巴特·卡尔森 |
[14:35] | Hobie Carson. | 霍比·卡尔森 |
[14:38] | I chose to become Carson Churchill. | 我选择成为卡尔森·丘吉尔 |
[14:42] | Just like you are choosing to become somebody else today. | 就像你今天选择成为一个全新的人 |
[14:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:50] | Okay, Michael. | 迈克尔 |
[14:52] | I need you to do something for me. | 我需要你为我做一些事 |
[14:55] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼 |
[14:59] | Now take a deep breath. | 现在深呼吸 |
[15:05] | Look, I am trying to get a job here, | 听着 我来这是想找工作的 |
[15:07] | I’m not trying to give birth, okay? | 我不是要生孩子 明白吗 |
[15:09] | I am trying to help you relax. | 我会帮你放松的 |
[15:12] | Now close your eyes. | 现在闭眼 |
[15:18] | Breathe in through your mouth… | 用嘴吸气 |
[15:21] | and out through your nose. | 然后用鼻子呼气 |
[15:25] | One more time. | 再来一次 |
[15:35] | Talk to you soon. | 我会再和你联系的 |
[15:36] | Look forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[15:38] | Nice. | 很好 |
[15:40] | It seems you hit it out of the park in there. | 看起来你已经拿下了 |
[15:45] | What the hell just happened? | 究竟发生了什么 |
[15:47] | I helped you a little. | 我帮了你一点小忙 |
[15:48] | I hope you don’t mind. | 希望你不要介意 |
[15:50] | What do you mean “Helped”? | 你说了帮忙是什么意思 |
[15:53] | I don’t even remember having the interview. | 我甚至都不记得已经面试过了 |
[15:56] | I helped you relax, then when you loosened up a bit, | 我帮你放松 然后你有点过于放松了 |
[16:00] | I, took the wheel for a while. | 我 借用了一会儿你的身体 |
[16:05] | I jumped in. | 我就进去了一下 |
[16:06] | I took the controls. | 我控制的很好 |
[16:09] | I did the interview for you. | 我替你去参加了面试 |
[16:13] | And I was brilliant. | 还有我可是个聪明的人哦 |
[16:17] | What do you mean, “Took the controls”? | 你刚说控制的很好是什么意思 |
[16:19] | Is that even possible? | 有这个可能吗 |
[16:21] | Tricky, but doable. | 有些复杂 但还是有这可能的 |
[16:23] | It’s easier if you’re relaxed, | 如果你全身放松那就能更简单些 |
[16:25] | you know, open to the process. | 完全的敞开你的胸怀 |
[16:27] | And you can’t argue with results. | 并且不要去计较结果如何 |
[16:30] | but here’s the thing, though. | 但尽管如此 还是有一件事得说明 |
[16:32] | You got a brand-new job now, you got promise, | 你得到了一份全新的工作 光明的前途 |
[16:36] | but if you’re gonna be a success at it, | 但如果你想要获得成功 |
[16:39] | you’re gonna need my help. | 你还是需要我的帮助 |
[16:41] | Don’t I know it. | 我没搞明白 |
[16:42] | But I’m not finished yet. | 先听我说完 |
[16:43] | My willingness to help you is conditional. | 我之所以愿意帮助你是有条件的 |
[16:47] | I need a little quid pro quo. | 我需要一些小小的条件来作为交换 |
[16:51] | you want to push the elevator button, Michael? | 愿意按一下电梯按钮吗 迈克尔 |
[16:57] | What kind of quid pro quo are you talking about? | 你刚说的交换的条件的是什么 |
[17:00] | I died before my life’s work was finished. | 我在死之前还是没有完成我的事业 |
[17:04] | I got things I need to do, people I need to inspire. | 有些事我必须做 有些人还需要我的鼓励 |
[17:08] | And to do that, I need a body. | 想要做那些事 就需要一个躯体 |
[17:13] | Your body, to be exact. | 确切的说 就是你的身体 |
[17:15] | – My body? – Yeah. | -我的身体 -对 |
[17:17] | The thing is, I’m kind of using it now. | 但我现在正使用着我的身体 |
[17:20] | No, no, I know. | 不 不 我知道 |
[17:22] | What I’m proposing is, um… | 我的建议是 |
[17:26] | I guess you’d call it a time-share arrangement. | 你可能会把这称为分时工作吧 |
[17:32] | I help you with your career, | 我在你的事业上帮助你 |
[17:33] | we build a new and better Michael Benoit, | 一起塑造一个更优秀的迈克尔·贝努瓦 |
[17:36] | and in exchange, | 而作为交换 |
[17:37] | you let me… get behind the wheel. | 你让我 使用一下你的身体 |
[17:41] | For a couple hours, every now and then. | 偶尔的使用几个小时 |
[17:47] | You want me to loan my body to you? | 你想要我把身体借给你用 |
[17:59] | – Sis. – Okay, who am I talking to? | -老姐 -好的 现在和我说话的是谁 |
[18:02] | Right now. | 此时此刻 |
[18:03] | Are you you or are you him? | 你究竟是你自己还是他 |
[18:05] | What the hell are you– | 你到底想说什么 |
[18:06] | Are you Carson or are you Michael? | 你是卡尔森还是迈克尔 |
[18:10] | Have you completely lost your mind?! | 你脑子被门板夹坏了吗 |
[18:12] | I think you are making way too big a deal out of this. | 我觉得是你把这件事想的太过严重了 |
[18:15] | Am I? Hey, is that even possible? | 我有吗 你觉得那种事有可能吗 |
[18:18] | You’ve given control of your body | 你把自己的身体 |
[18:19] | to another person, Michael. | 授权给他人使用 迈克尔 |
[18:21] | I don’t think there’s any bigger deal than that, | 我想不出还有什么事儿比这更重要的 |
[18:23] | or a dumber one. | 或者说是更愚蠢的 |
[18:24] | It’s not dumb, it’s business, okay? | 这不是傻事 这是公事 好吗 |
[18:27] | He helps me, I help him, end of story. | 他帮我 我帮他 就是这样 |
[18:29] | He could do anything when he’s in control! | 他可以用你的身体来做任何事 |
[18:31] | Anything. | 任何事都行 |
[18:32] | Doesn’t that even concern you? | 这样说都没法引起你的重视吗 |
[18:40] | This is what he’s doing. | 这就是他所做的事 |
[18:41] | This is what he’s using me for, | 这就是他利用我的身体所做的事 |
[18:45] | his new book. | 写他的新书 |
[18:54] | After he died, he knew he had another book in him, | 在他死后 知道自己还有一本书没有完成 |
[18:57] | but he had no way of writing it until he met me. | 但在他遇到我之前一直没办法写 |
[19:00] | He types, Allison. That’s what he does. | 他只是打打字 艾莉森 这就是他所做的 |
[19:03] | While I’m sleeping, | 当我睡觉的时候 |
[19:04] | he takes over my body, and he types. | 他就借用我的身体来打字 |
[19:06] | – He types? – Yeah. | -他是要打字 -对 |
[19:10] | While I’m sleeping. | 只是在我睡觉的时候 |
[19:13] | That’s the only catch. | 这是唯一的空档 |
[19:14] | He can only take over the | 只有我完全放松的时候 |
[19:15] | wheel when I’m completely relaxed. | 他才能使用我的身体 |
[19:18] | But the nice thing is… | 而且正因为如此 |
[19:20] | I never feel as if I’ve lost any time. | 让我感觉自己好像一点时间也没浪费 |
[19:23] | So now you know everything. | 现在你明白这整件事了吧 |
[19:26] | You know, in a couple weeks, once he’s finished, | 只要再花上几周时间 一旦他完成了写作 |
[19:28] | I’ll miraculously discover his completed manuscript | 我就能奇迹般的发现他又完成了一部 |
[19:31] | at a yard sale or something. | 关于销售或是其他什么的成功秘籍 |
[19:33] | I’ll take it to his old publisher who can sell it, | 然后我就将他的手稿交给他原来的出版社 |
[19:36] | and then Carson will get the credit, | 接着卡尔森就能拿到支票 |
[19:38] | his widow will get the cash, | 他的遗孀就能拿到这笔钱 |
[19:40] | and after that, we are done. | 之后 我们俩就不会再来往了 |
[19:43] | Say something. | 说话啊 |
[19:49] | Hello. Lee. | 喂 是李啊 |
[19:53] | Yeah. | 行 |
[19:54] | Okay, I can be there in about 15 minutes. See you. | 好的 我大概15分钟后就到 拜拜 |
[19:57] | It’s work. I got to go. | 工作上的事 我得走了 |
[19:59] | Believe me, I understand. | 相信我 我懂的 |
[20:04] | What can I tell you? | 我能说什么呢 |
[20:05] | You got me? | 你们都抓到我了 |
[20:08] | I killed Warren Cheswick, | 是我杀了沃伦·切斯维克 |
[20:10] | and I’d do it again. | 我一点也不后悔 |
[20:11] | He had it coming. | 他这是自作自受 |
[20:12] | Why do you say that, Mr. Bumgarner? | 为什么要这么说 布姆加纳先生 |
[20:15] | He murdered my sister. | 他杀害了我的妹妹 |
[20:24] | Carla Bumgarner. | 卡拉·布姆加纳 |
[20:26] | She disappeared three years ago. | 她在三年前失踪了 |
[20:28] | You guys claimed you never figured out who took her. | 而你们却声称无法找出是谁绑架了她 |
[20:31] | But when I found out the truth… | 但当我知道真相的时候 |
[20:35] | Well, you know the rest. | 接下来的事就是你们所看到的了 |
[20:38] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[20:40] | What do you mean, the truth? | 你所说的真相 是什么意思 |
[20:43] | Warren Cheswick was never a suspect | 沃伦·切斯维克从未被做为 |
[20:45] | in your sister’s disappearance, | 你妹妹失踪一案 |
[20:46] | or in any crime, for the matter. | 或者其他任何罪案中的疑犯 |
[20:48] | We had no idea what he was up to until we found him dead. | 在他死之前我们完全不知道他与此事有关 |
[20:51] | Well, maybe you didn’t suspect Cheswick, | 也许你是没有怀疑切斯维克 |
[20:54] | but someone at the Phoenix PD sure as hell did. | 但凤凰城警局中有人确信就是他干的 |
[20:57] | What are you talking about? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[20:59] | A few days ago, | 几天前 |
[21:00] | I was in the waiting room of my cardiologist’s office. | 我在我的心脏医生的等候室里 |
[21:03] | Takes a lot supplements to get a body like this. | 吃了很多的药物才能维持现在这样的身体 |
[21:08] | Left me with a bad heart. | 我的心脏已经快不行了 |
[21:09] | Doc says, without a transplant, | 医生说 如果不进行移植手术的话 |
[21:11] | I’ll be lucky to see 50. | 我最多能活到50岁 |
[21:13] | Anyway, there’s this other guy waiting that day, | 那天还有一个人也呆在等候室里 |
[21:15] | and we got to talking. | 然后我们聊了一会儿天 |
[21:17] | Said he used to be a detective with the Phoenix PD. | 他说自己曾经是凤凰城警局的探员 |
[21:20] | Had to retire after a heart attack. | 但由于心脏问题不得不提早退休了 |
[21:22] | Anyway, he recognizes my last name– Bumgarner. | 而且他记得我的姓 布姆加纳 |
[21:25] | Not easy to forget, right? | 很好记 是吧 |
[21:27] | Said he worked, uh, Carla’s case. | 他还说自己曾经经手卡拉的案子 |
[21:30] | That it was a shame | 无法让犯罪分子 |
[21:31] | that you guys couldn’t take down the guy who did it. | 落网一事让你们很难堪 |
[21:34] | You knew it was Cheswick, | 你们知道就是切斯维克干的 |
[21:36] | but you just couldn’t pin it on him. | 但你们就是没有证据 |
[21:39] | What was this officer’s name? | 那位警官叫什么名字 |
[21:42] | Uh, Federer. | 费德勒 |
[21:45] | Isaac Federer, I think. | 好像是埃塞克·费德勒 |
[21:52] | It’s weird. | 有点蹊跷 |
[21:53] | What’s that? | 怎么了 |
[21:54] | You know, I worked the disappearance of Carla Bumgarner. | 我也参与了卡拉·布姆加纳失踪一案的调查 |
[21:57] | I don’t remember anyone named Isaac Federer on that task force. | 我记得没有有叫埃塞克·费德勒的人参与此案 |
[22:00] | As a matter of fact, I can’t remember | 事实上 我记得 |
[22:01] | ever meeting a detective named Isaac Federer. | 这里根本就没有人叫埃塞克·费德勒 |
[22:08] | I’m home. | 我回来了 |
[22:12] | Keep your applause to a minimum. | 不用掌声欢迎 |
[22:16] | Hello, Bridge. Where’s Mom? | 好啊 布里奇 老妈去哪儿了 |
[22:19] | She and Marie went to go get chicken for dinner. | 她带玛丽去买晚饭吃的鸡肉了 |
[22:21] | Chicken! Excellent. | 吃鸡肉 太好了 |
[22:22] | What you got going on here? | 你在忙什么呢 |
[22:24] | What is this, homework? | 这是什么 家庭作业吗 |
[22:25] | No. This is all for the campaign. | 不 这些都是竞选用的材料 |
[22:28] | Actually, I got a promotion. | 实际上 我被升职了 |
[22:30] | – Really! – Yep. | -真的啊 -没错 |
[22:32] | The lady who’s running the campaign gave me | 负责竞选一事的那位女士给了我 |
[22:33] | all this stuff about the man | 所有德弗洛斯先生 |
[22:34] | Mr. Devalos is running against. | 竞选对手的材料 |
[22:37] | She wants to see if I can dream about him. | 她想让我看看能不能梦到些关于他的事儿 |
[22:39] | Really. | 真的啊 |
[22:41] | Does your mom know about this? | 你妈妈知道这事儿吗 |
[22:43] | No. | 不知道 |
[22:45] | Manuel Devalos is going to be the next mayor of Phoenix. | 曼纽尔·德弗洛斯将成为凤凰城的下一任市长 |
[22:48] | You can either get on board now, or you can miss the boat. | 你们可以选择加入 也可以选择离开 |
[22:51] | It’s your call. | 这就看你们自己怎么想了 |
[22:52] | Yeah, I don’t call that number getting on board. | 对 我不会去打那个电话的 |
[22:54] | You’re going to have to dig a little deeper. | 你得自己去挖更多的消息 |
[22:57] | Yeah, well, keep digging. | 行 好的 继续挖吧 |
[23:00] | Uh, you know what? I have to call you back. | 知道吗 我得先挂了 |
[23:02] | Is everything all right? | 没出什么事儿吧 |
[23:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:06] | Did you actually ask a 12-year-old girl | 你真的让一个才12岁的小姑娘 |
[23:08] | to help us find information we could use against Dalton? | 来帮助我们挖掘对道尔顿不利的消息吗 |
[23:12] | What’s the issue, Manuel? | 这有什么问题吗 曼纽尔 |
[23:13] | She’s not an employee. | 她又不是这里的工作人员 |
[23:15] | She’s 12. | 可她才12岁 |
[23:17] | Gosh. | 天哪 |
[23:18] | I just thought she was kind of short. | 我只是觉得她个子小了点 |
[23:22] | So did she see something? | 那她发现了点什么了吗 |
[23:26] | You really don’t have a problem with this. | 你真的觉得这样做合适吗 |
[23:28] | With what? Wanting to win? | 怎么做 想要赢有错吗 |
[23:32] | Let me tell you a little something | 我来给你解释下什么事 |
[23:33] | about elections, Mr. District Attorney. | 竞选吧 地检官先生 |
[23:35] | And I know you’ve been through your fair share of them, | 我知道你想要公正的对待他们 |
[23:38] | but you only have to think about it every four years. | 但你只需要每四年考虑一次 |
[23:40] | Me? This is my job all year, | 而我 我的工作就是这样 |
[23:43] | every year. | 年年岁岁都得如此 |
[23:44] | No one is going to remember you | 没有人会记得 |
[23:46] | for the wonderful campaign you ran. | 你为竞选出了多少力 |
[23:48] | They’re only going to remember you for winning | 他们只会记得你所策划的竞选 |
[23:49] | or, worse still, losing. | 是赢了 还是输了 |
[23:52] | You’re down ten points, Manny. | 你得用尽十分的力去做 曼尼 |
[23:55] | Ten. | 十分 |
[23:56] | So, what’s it going to be? | 那么 接下来该做什么呢 |
[23:58] | Do you want to be the next mayor of Phoenix, | 你想成为凤凰城的下一任市长吗 |
[24:00] | or are you running for Miss Congeniality? | 还是你想竞选选美小姐 |
[24:07] | Hardly a day goes by | 几乎每天 |
[24:09] | I don’t think about him. | 我都在想他 |
[24:10] | That son of a bitch that killed your sister. | 那个狗娘养的杀了你妹妹 |
[24:13] | We knew it was him. | 我们知道是他 |
[24:14] | Those bureaucrats at the prosecutor’s office | 检查署的那些官僚 |
[24:17] | told us we didn’t have enough evidence to convict. | 跟我们说不够证据定罪 |
[24:20] | But trust me. | 可是相信我 |
[24:21] | A cop knows when he’s looking at his perp. | 一个警察知道什么时候盯着罪犯 |
[24:26] | So this guy got a name? | 知道他的名字吗 |
[24:29] | The one you’re certain killed my sister. | 那个杀了我妹妹的凶手 |
[24:31] | Yeah, he’s got a name. | 是的 知道他的名字 |
[24:33] | Warren Cheswick. | 沃伦·切斯维克 |
[24:45] | Al, what are you doing here? | 艾尔 你来这里干什么 |
[24:47] | Does the name Jason Bumgarner mean anything to you? | 杰森·布姆加纳这个名字你有印象吗 |
[24:51] | How about Warren Cheswick? | 沃伦·切斯维克呢 |
[24:54] | No. Never heard of him. | 不 没听说过 |
[24:55] | Never heard of either of them. | 哪个都没听说过 |
[24:57] | And I imagine you don’t remember going | 我猜你不记得 |
[24:58] | to a cardiologist a few days ago? | 几天前去看过心脏病专家 |
[25:00] | Three days ago… nope. | 三天前… 没有 |
[25:03] | Three days ago was all headshrinkers. | 三天前看的都是精神病医生 |
[25:05] | Your friend Carson is lying to you. | 你朋友卡尔森对你说谎 |
[25:06] | When he takes over, he’s not just typing. | 他借用你身体时 不是在写作 |
[25:09] | Three days ago, he went | 三天前 他去 |
[25:10] | into a cardiologist’s office. | 心脏病专家的办公室 |
[25:12] | He talked to this man, Jason Bumgarner. | 跟杰森·布姆加纳说过话 |
[25:14] | He was inhabiting your body when he did it. | 当时他占用了你的身体 |
[25:17] | Okay, so maybe he knows this Bumgarner guy | 好吧 或许他在世的时候 |
[25:20] | – from when he was alive. – No, Michael. | -认识布姆加纳这个人 -不 迈克尔 |
[25:21] | Carson pretended he was a police officer. | 卡尔森假装成一名警察 |
[25:24] | He told Bumgarner he knew the name of the man | 跟布姆加纳说他知道 |
[25:26] | who killed his sister– a man named Warren Cheswick. | 是谁杀死了他妹妹 叫沃伦·切斯维克的人 |
[25:29] | And the next day, Bumgarner killed Cheswick. | 第二天 布姆加纳杀了切斯维克 |
[25:32] | Michael, you gotta… you gotta put a stop to this. | 迈克尔 你得… 你得制止这一切 |
[25:35] | You gotta tell him that this deal is off. | 你得告诉他这个交易结束了 |
[25:38] | – Why? – I just told you why. | -为什么 -我刚说过原因了 |
[25:39] | He used you to get somebody killed. | 他利用你让别人被杀 |
[25:42] | No, he used me to get a murderer killed. | 不 他利用我让凶手被杀 |
[25:45] | That’s what you just said, right? | 这可是你说的 对吗 |
[25:47] | That this one guy murdered the other guy’s sister? | 这个人杀了别人的妹妹 |
[25:50] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[25:51] | Well, it is to me. | 对我来说是 |
[25:53] | So maybe Carson was just trying | 或许卡尔森只想还 |
[25:55] | to bring this guy’s sister a little justice. | 他妹妹一个公道 |
[25:58] | Is that such a bad thing? | 那是坏事吗 |
[26:00] | Yes. Yes. It’s a very bad thing. | 是 是 这是坏事 |
[26:02] | He might have made you an accessory to murder. | 或许他让你成了谋杀的从犯 |
[26:04] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[26:05] | All I did was say something to somebody. | 我所做的就是跟某个人说了句话 |
[26:07] | The rest of it– that was their doing. | 其余的 是别人的事 |
[26:09] | Michael, I know you respect him, | 迈克尔 我知道你尊敬他 |
[26:13] | I know that he’s done a lot for you, | 我知道他为你做了很多事 |
[26:16] | but he’s not being honest with you. | 可他对你并不坦诚 |
[26:19] | Well, I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[26:21] | So, I’m sorry if you | 很抱歉 发生的一切 |
[26:22] | don’t like what’s going on here, | 让你不愉快了 |
[26:24] | but I’m not backing out of anything. | 可我不会违背诺言 |
[26:27] | I owe this guy too much. | 我欠他的太多了 |
[26:34] | Yes? | 请进 |
[26:35] | The lady at security said you wanted | 我进门的时候 |
[26:37] | to see me when I got in. | 保安说你想见我 |
[26:39] | Please, have a seat, Bridgette. | 来吧 请坐 布里奇特 |
[26:42] | Listen. | 听着 |
[26:44] | I just wanted to apologize about | 对于几天前发生的事情 |
[26:46] | what happened the other day. | 我想向你道歉 |
[26:47] | Ms. Godrich should never have asked you to look | 高德瑞女士不应该让你搜集 |
[26:50] | for information that we could use against Charlie Dalton. | 对付查理·道尔顿的信息 |
[26:52] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[26:54] | No, it isn’t. | 不 有关系 |
[26:55] | But I just wanted to tell you how much I really appreciate | 可我只想跟说很感激 |
[26:58] | the work you’re doing on my campaign. | 你为我竞选所做的事 |
[26:59] | And, provided you still feel comfortable here, | 假如你觉得在这里还适应的话 |
[27:01] | I’d very much like you to stay on. | 我非常乐意你继续待下去 |
[27:04] | Sure. It’s not as if I was going anyplace. | 当然 我好像不会去别的地方 |
[27:07] | And besides, I think you’re going to be a great mayor. | 此外 我觉得你会是个很不错的市长 |
[27:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:11] | Coming from you, that means a lot. | 你说的 意味深长啊 |
[27:17] | Is there something else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[27:19] | Actually, there is. | 实际上 有 |
[27:22] | You know, I did see something | 那位女士给我 |
[27:24] | when I was looking at that stuff that lady gave me. | 那些资料后 我做了一些事 |
[27:27] | Now that I’ve seen it, | 我看见了它 |
[27:29] | I can’t exactly unsee it, you know? | 我没办法视而不见 知道吗 |
[27:31] | Well, maybe you can’t unsee it, | 或许你不能视而不见 |
[27:34] | but I can still choose not to ask you about it. | 但我可以选择不过问 |
[27:36] | It’s just not how I want to win this election. | 我可不想以这种方式赢得竞选 |
[27:38] | But what if you end up losing ’cause I didn’t tell you? | 可如果是因为我没告诉你而输掉呢 |
[27:43] | That’s a risk I’m willing to take. | 那是我愿意承担的风险 |
[27:45] | If Charlie Dalton has a few skeletons in his closet, | 就算查理·道尔顿有不可告人的秘密 |
[27:47] | well, I’m willing to leave them there. | 我宁愿置之不理 |
[27:49] | But that’s the thing. | 可那是事实 |
[27:51] | What if I told you he’s not the only one | 如果我说他不是唯一 |
[27:53] | with skeletons you need to worry about? | 需要你担心的有秘密的人呢 |
[28:01] | I don’t mean to intrude, but, | 我不是有意打扰的 不过 |
[28:04] | you look how I feel. | 你跟我的一样 |
[28:08] | I beg your pardon. | 你说什么 |
[28:10] | Well, this bench– this is where | 这条长椅 当我的经历 |
[28:12] | I usually come when I’ve had a crappy day. | 很糟糕时 常来这里 |
[28:16] | So imagine my surprise when I show up and see someone | 想想看 当来到这里看到有人 |
[28:20] | who looks just about as depressed as I feel. | 像我一样沮丧时 我有多惊讶 |
[28:24] | What’s the matter, if you don’t mind me asking? | 什么事 不介意我问的话 |
[28:29] | I proposed to my wife on this bench. | 我在这条长椅上向我妻子求婚 |
[28:35] | She died two weeks ago. | 她两周前过世了 |
[28:39] | So sorry to hear that. | 要节哀啊 |
[28:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:46] | I’m Ken. Ken Corrigan. | 我叫肯 肯·科里根 |
[28:49] | Carson. | 我叫卡尔森 |
[28:52] | So what happened to you today? | 你今天遇到了什么事 |
[28:55] | just job stuff. | 就是工作的事 |
[28:57] | Just stress. Nothing like your thing. | 有点压力 跟你的完全不同 |
[29:01] | Mind if I, uh, de-stress? | 介意我 减压吗 |
[29:15] | Want to tip one back for your wife? | 想给你妻子敬杯酒吗 |
[29:23] | Wish I could. | 希望我可以 |
[29:25] | God, I wish I could. | 上帝啊 真希望我可以 |
[29:28] | I’m an alcoholic. | 我酗酒 |
[29:31] | Kathy– my wife– | 凯西 我妻子 |
[29:36] | she stayed with me for a decade | 在我醉酒的十年里 |
[29:39] | when I was a falling-down drunk. | 她一直在我身边 |
[29:42] | Been on the wagon for more than a year now. | 现在戒酒一年多了 |
[29:46] | Well, suit yourself, but, uh, | 你随意 不过 |
[29:48] | the good thing about the wagon is, | 这种旧习惯的好处就是 |
[29:50] | you can always get back on. | 你随时可以再次捡起来 |
[29:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:01] | Just a nip, right? | 就一口 可以吗 |
[30:04] | That’s right. | 可以啊 |
[30:26] | Easy there, champ. | 放松点 冠军 |
[30:30] | Oh, my God. | 我的上帝啊 |
[30:32] | What am I doing? | 我做了什么 |
[30:35] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:37] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[30:46] | Yeah, 911? | 喂 911吗 |
[30:48] | I’d like to report a drunk driver. | 我想报告一起酒后驾车 |
[30:50] | He’s, uh, pulling out of Boyd Park right now. | 他刚走出博伊德公园 |
[30:53] | Someone should really pick him up | 在他伤人之前 |
[30:54] | before he hurts somebody. | 真该有人抓住他 |
[30:59] | Yeah. Ken Corrigan. | 是的 肯·科里根 |
[31:01] | Says here that, uh, | 这里写道 |
[31:03] | the guy blew just over the limit for a DUI. | 这家伙刚过了酒后驾驶的限制 |
[31:05] | – Why do you care? – I’m not sure. | -为什么关心这个 -我不确定 |
[31:07] | What else does it say in that report? | 报告里还说什么了 |
[31:09] | Corrigan begged the arresting officer not to write him up. | 科里根请求逮捕的警官不要给他留案底 |
[31:12] | Apparently, he’s, uh, got a heart condition. | 很显然 他有心脏病 |
[31:15] | He’s on the waiting list for a transplant. | 他在等待心脏移植 |
[31:17] | It turns out the guy’s a recovering alcoholic, | 结果这家伙是戒酒的酗酒者 |
[31:20] | so they won’t transplant him until he spends | 他们不能给他移植 |
[31:22] | a certain amount of time on the wagon. | 除非花些时间戒酒 |
[31:24] | The guy says a DUI would bump him | 这家伙说酒驾 |
[31:26] | way back down the waiting list. | 会让他重回等待的名单 |
[31:27] | Hey, wait a second. | 等一下 |
[31:29] | That big guy we arrested the other day– | 那天我们逮捕的那个大个子 |
[31:32] | the one who killed Warren Cheswick– | 就是杀死沃伦·切斯维克的那个人 |
[31:34] | didn’t he have a bad heart? | 他是不是有心脏病 |
[31:36] | Wasn’t he waiting for a heart transplant? | 他也在等心脏移植吗 |
[31:38] | That’s what he said. | 他是这么说的 |
[31:39] | Why do you ask? | 你问这个干什么 |
[31:41] | I got to run. | 我得走了 |
[31:42] | Thanks for your help, Lee. | 谢谢你的帮忙 李 |
[31:47] | Uh, I got to talk to you. | 我得跟你谈谈 |
[31:49] | About what? | 谈什么 |
[31:50] | About the fact that Carson wasn’t writing yesterday? | 关于卡尔森昨天没写作的真相 |
[31:53] | That he was, in fact, at Boyd Park | 事实上 他在博伊德公园 |
[31:55] | trying to talk an alcoholic into taking a drink? | 跟一个酗酒者说喝酒的事 |
[31:58] | Yeah, I know all about it. | 是 我都知道 |
[32:05] | They have apps | 这种手机上有应用程序 |
[32:07] | where you can record things with these phones. | 能让你用手机录东西 |
[32:10] | So, before I went to sleep, | 所以 我睡觉之前 |
[32:12] | I started recording and just let it keep recording. | 就会打开这个应用程序 然后让它一直录 |
[32:16] | I got some pretty interesting stuff. | 我录了一些很有趣的东西 |
[32:18] | The good thing about the wagon is, | 这种旧习惯的好处就是 |
[32:20] | you can always get back on. | 你随时可以再次捡起来 |
[32:27] | Michael, I think I know what Carson is doing. | 迈克尔 我想你知道卡尔森在干吗 |
[32:32] | I mean, both of these people | 我是说 他所干预的这两个人 |
[32:33] | that he’s interfering with, they’re both sick. | 都是病人 |
[32:35] | They’re both in line to get heart transplants. | 他们都在等待心脏移植 |
[32:38] | The thing is, they keep a list | 问题是 医院在统计 |
[32:40] | of who’s eligible for those hearts. | 合格的受捐赠者的名单 |
[32:42] | And these things that he’s trying to | 而他试图说服这两个人 |
[32:44] | convince them to do — | 做的这些事 |
[32:45] | commit a felony, get a DUI — | 像是犯罪 酒后驾驶 |
[32:49] | they bump you down the list. | 这种事会使医院把他们从名单上除名 |
[32:53] | His wife, she’s sick. | 他的妻子病了 |
[32:57] | He told me about it the first time we met. | 我们第一次见面的时候 他就告诉过我 |
[32:59] | She has heart disease and needs a transplant. | 她有心脏病 需要做心脏移植手术 |
[33:03] | Carson was worried that | 卡尔森担心 |
[33:04] | she wouldn’t be healthy enough for the operation | 等找到合适的心脏时 |
[33:06] | by the time a heart became available to her. | 她的身体状况已经做不了手术了 |
[33:09] | So he’s trying to move her up the list. | 所以他想把她挪到移植名单的前面去 |
[33:11] | But how many people are ahead of her on that list? | 但是排在她前面的到底有多少人 |
[33:14] | Six? 12? 20? | 六个吗 十二个 二十个 |
[33:17] | And even if I told him the deal was off, | 而且就算我告诉他 我不准备合作了 |
[33:19] | what difference does it make? | 那又能怎样呢 |
[33:20] | He’s still gonna take over my body once I fall asleep | 他还是会在我睡着以后控制我的身体 |
[33:23] | whether I allow him to or not. | 不用管我同不同意 |
[33:26] | How do we stop him? | 我们怎么阻止他 |
[33:28] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[33:45] | I guess I should have known | 我想我早该知道 |
[33:46] | he’d end up on our couch eventually. | 他迟早得睡在咱家沙发上 |
[33:49] | They just go together. | 他俩就是天生一对 |
[33:50] | Hey, he needs this right now. | 他现在需要帮助 |
[33:52] | He’s devastated. | 他崩溃了 |
[33:54] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[33:54] | The last time I checked, the cure for devastation | 据我所知 治疗崩溃的药物 |
[33:56] | wasn’t a fistful of NoDoz and a pot of coffee. | 可不是一把咖啡因和一壶咖啡 |
[33:59] | We have to keep him awake. | 我们要让他保持清醒 |
[34:01] | If he falls asleep, Carson Churchill takes over. | 他一睡着卡尔森·丘吉尔就会占用他的身体 |
[34:04] | It’s the only way I can think of | 这是我能想到的唯一可以确保 |
[34:06] | to keep Michael Michael. | 迈克尔还是迈克尔的方法了 |
[34:08] | Do me a favor. Fill this up with water. | 帮我个忙 接一壶水 |
[34:09] | I gotta get his laundry out of the dryer. | 我得把他洗好的衣服从干衣机里拿出来 |
[34:16] | We have a name for people like you: | 对你这种人 我们有个特定称呼 |
[34:19] | “success blockers”. | “成功路上的阻碍” |
[34:22] | Sometimes they’re our friends. | 有时候我们的朋友成了我们的阻碍 |
[34:24] | More often than not, they’re family. | 但更多时候 阻碍来自于我们的家人 |
[34:27] | You think you want Michael to live up to his potential, | 你以为你这么做是希望迈克尔能发挥潜力 |
[34:30] | but the truth is you prefer him this way: | 但事实上你只是比较喜欢他现在的样子 |
[34:34] | broken, sleeping on your couch, dependent. | 身心受创 睡在你家沙发上 依赖你 |
[34:38] | It’s a shame. | 你应该感到羞愧 |
[34:40] | He and I were making so much progress. | 我跟他的进展很不错 |
[34:42] | Progress, right. | 进展 是啊 |
[34:43] | Using him to bump people with heart problems | 你利用他来把那些得了心脏病的患者 |
[34:46] | off a transplant list. | 从移植名单上除名 |
[34:47] | That was about helping him. | 那都是在帮他 |
[34:49] | I saved your brother’s life. | 我救了你弟弟的命 |
[34:51] | Without me, he’s a bent penny | 要是没有我 他早就是 |
[34:54] | someone finds on the railroad tracks. | 铁轨上的一具死尸了 |
[34:56] | Don’t you think I deserve something for that? | 你不认为应该为此嘉奖我吗 |
[34:59] | You want to know what I think? | 你想知道我怎么认为吗 |
[35:00] | I think what you’re doing’s reprehensible. | 我认为你的所作所为应该受到谴责 |
[35:02] | Look, I’m sorry that your wife is sick, | 我很遗憾你的妻子病了 |
[35:04] | but the people who are on that list ahead of her | 但是那些人之所以排在她前面 |
[35:07] | are there for a reason. | 也是有原因的 |
[35:09] | You make it sound like I murdered them. | 你说得好像我把他们都杀了一样 |
[35:12] | Didn’t you? | 难道不是吗 |
[35:12] | I put them in situations | 我只是逼他们 |
[35:14] | where they were forced to make decisions. | 自己做出决定 |
[35:16] | Jason Bumgarner decided | 杰森·布姆加纳决定 |
[35:18] | he’d rather have revenge than a new heart. | 他宁可去报仇也不要新的心脏 |
[35:20] | Ken Corrigan decided he’d rather have a drink. | 肯·科里根决定他宁可喝酒 |
[35:23] | Everything those men did, they did of their own volition. | 不管他们做了什么 都是他们自己的选择 |
[35:27] | Yeah, you just put them on cliffs, | 是啊 你只是把他们带到悬崖上而已 |
[35:28] | it’s not like you pushed. | 你又没推他们 |
[35:30] | You need to let him go to sleep, Mrs. DuBois. | 你要让他睡觉 迪布瓦太太 |
[35:33] | What? | 什么 |
[35:34] | You heard me. | 你听见我说的话了 |
[35:36] | It’s going to happen eventually, | 早晚都会发生的 |
[35:37] | it might as well be tonight. | 那还不如就今晚呢 |
[35:38] | There are still a few names on that list | 名单上还有几个人 |
[35:40] | he and I need to attend to. | 我们俩要去处理 |
[35:42] | You are insane. | 你疯了 |
[35:44] | Ultimately, it won’t be up to you. | 最终这一切都由不得你 |
[35:47] | You can’t keep him awake forever. | 你不可能永远让他醒着 |
[35:49] | And when he nods off, I’ll be back at the wheel. | 他一旦打盹 他的身体就归我了 |
[35:52] | Or I could always accelerate things, | 或者我也可以加快进程 |
[35:55] | stop putting people on cliffs, as you put it, | 就像你说的 不再把人带到悬崖上 |
[35:56] | start strangling them with my own bare hands. | 而是直接徒手掐死他们 |
[35:59] | My bare hands will be Michael’s bare hands, of course. | 当然我所谓的徒手 其实也就是迈克尔的手 |
[36:03] | You go to Hell. | 你去死吧 |
[36:24] | Smoke bothering you? | 我抽烟熏到你了吗 |
[36:25] | I can move if you want. | 你要是介意的话 我可以换个地方 |
[36:27] | Yeah, I’d like you to move. | 那你还是换个地方吧 |
[36:29] | Closer. | 站近点 |
[36:32] | Right. | 好呀 |
[36:34] | Fellow traveler, huh? | 你也是个烟民 |
[36:36] | You want one? | 来一根吗 |
[36:37] | Do I want one? Absolutely. | 我想抽吗 当然想 |
[36:39] | Can I have one? Absolutely not. | 能抽吗 绝对不能 |
[36:40] | I quit cold turkey six months ago. | 我半年前就戒了 |
[36:43] | Wow. Good for you. | 真不错呀 |
[36:44] | Well, I ruined the heart God gave me, | 我已经毁了上帝赐给我的心脏 |
[36:46] | now I’m waiting for another one. | 我现在正等着新的心脏呢 |
[36:47] | And the doctors tell me I won’t get it | 医生说如果我要是抽烟的话 |
[36:49] | if I have one of those. | 就没有移植资格了 |
[36:51] | Well, have they offered you a new heart yet? | 他们给你找到新的心脏了吗 |
[36:55] | So one smoke, for old times’ sake. | 那就来一根呗 就当是怀念一下 |
[36:58] | How are they gonna know? | 他们怎么会知道呢 |
[36:59] | Nah, they say the call could come in any day. | 不 他们说随时都有可能通知我做移植手术 |
[37:05] | Well, that seems kind of vague. | 这话也太含糊了 |
[37:07] | Could be tomorrow, could be six months from now. | 也许是明天 也许得再等上六个月 |
[37:10] | I won’t tell if you won’t. | 你不说我就不会说 |
[37:19] | I guess one won’t hurt. | 我想就一根的话无伤大雅 |
[37:22] | – You got a light? – Indeed I do. | -你有火机吗 -还真有 |
[37:45] | It hasn’t happened yet. | 还没发生呢 |
[37:49] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我吗 |
[37:51] | Shut the door, would you? | 把门关上 好吗 |
[37:59] | So, Bridgette DuBois did see something the other day. | 前两天布里奇特·迪布瓦的确看到了些东西 |
[38:02] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[38:05] | So? Tell me, tell me, tell me. | 看到什么了 告诉我 快告诉我 |
[38:08] | Well, do you remember | 你还记不记得 |
[38:09] | when I interviewed you about managing my campaign? | 你来面试做我的竞选经理人的时候 |
[38:11] | You told me I should hire you | 你跟我说 我应该雇你 |
[38:12] | because you had worked with Charlie Dalton, | 因为你跟查理·道尔顿合作过 |
[38:14] | managed his first run for city council? | 他第一次参选市议会就是你负责的 |
[38:16] | Sure. Okay. | 记得 怎么了 |
[38:18] | And as I’m sure you’ll recall, | 那我相信你也会记得 |
[38:21] | Charlie’s district was largely comprised | 查理的选区主要都是些 |
[38:23] | of families of means. | 有权有势的大家族 |
[38:24] | His kind of people, I think he called them. | 我想他把他们称作大客户 |
[38:27] | But there was also a less moneyed | 但是他选区里还有一些相对 |
[38:29] | part of his district that absolutely despised him. | 窘迫的人鄙视他到了极点 |
[38:31] | Okay…yes…yeah. | 没错 是这么回事 |
[38:33] | Uh, what did Charlie do? | 查理到底干了什么 |
[38:35] | It’s not what Charlie did, Justine, it’s what you did. | 不是查理干了什么而是你干了什么 贾斯廷 |
[38:38] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[38:39] | You were paying an election worker named Eugene | 你贿赂一个叫尤金的选举工作人员 |
[38:42] | to destroy the ballots | 在选举那天 |
[38:44] | at his polling place on election day. | 毁掉他所在投票站的选票 |
[38:46] | Took me a few days, but with Bridgette’s help | 我花了几天时间在布里奇特的帮助下查清楚 |
[38:48] | I was able to identify that worker as Eugene Krebs. | 我已经确认了那名工作人员叫尤金·克雷布斯 |
[38:51] | He manned the polling place | 他当年负责查理选区里 |
[38:53] | in the poorest part of Charlie’s district that year. | 最穷的那个区域的投票站 |
[38:56] | This is…this is crazy. | 这 这太疯狂了 |
[38:59] | We’re talking about something some kid saw in her head. | 我们在谈论一个小孩子看到的幻象 |
[39:02] | You can’t prove it. | 你无法证明这一切 |
[39:04] | But I can try. | 但是我可以试试 |
[39:06] | How about if I launch an official investigation, | 不如我开展一个正式的调查 |
[39:08] | see what Eugene Krebs has to say on the matter? | 然后看看尤金·克雷布斯就此有什么要说的 |
[39:10] | I think that both you and I know | 我想咱俩都清楚 |
[39:13] | that I’m not a big fan of mud-slinging, dirty politics, | 我不喜欢诽谤人 不喜欢黑暗政治 |
[39:16] | negative anything. | 不喜欢玩阴的 |
[39:17] | So why don’t you pack your things and go? | 所以你何不打包走人呢 |
[39:22] | Justine… | 贾丝廷 |
[39:24] | there is one more phone call I’d like you to make. | 我还想让你再打一通电话 |
[39:27] | Call Charlie Dalton. | 打给查理·道尔顿 |
[39:28] | Tell him what we discussed here this morning. | 告诉他我们今天上午在这里的谈话内容 |
[39:30] | And make it clear to him | 还要明确地告诉他 |
[39:31] | that if he continues to campaign negatively, | 如果他再这么继续玩阴的 |
[39:33] | I will start that investigation. | 我就会展开这个案件的调查 |
[39:47] | Carson? | 卡尔森 |
[39:49] | Hobie. Do you mind if I call you “Hobie”? | 霍比 你介意我叫你”霍比”吗 |
[39:51] | I mean, my brother told me you hate that, | 我弟跟我说你讨厌这个名字 |
[39:53] | but you seem more like a Hobie than a Carson to me. | 但我觉得你更像是”霍比”而不是”卡尔森” |
[39:57] | This is just sad. | 真是可悲呀 |
[39:59] | Why are you so bound and determined | 你为什么这么坚持不懈地 |
[40:02] | to stand in the way of your brother’s success? | 要阻碍你弟弟的成功之路呢 |
[40:04] | Perhaps you’d rather just visit him in jail. | 也许你更愿意到监狱去探望他 |
[40:08] | You know what’s funny? | 你知道可笑的是什么吗 |
[40:09] | My brother, even after all this, | 即使经过了这一切 我弟弟 |
[40:13] | he likes you. | 他仍然喜欢你 |
[40:15] | He thinks that you helped him. | 他觉得你帮助过他 |
[40:17] | I mean, he hates what you’re doing. | 我是说 他讨厌你的所作所为 |
[40:19] | He hates that you lied to him, | 他讨厌你骗了他 |
[40:20] | but he doesn’t think you’re a monster. | 但他并没有把你看作是恶魔 |
[40:24] | Even after I told him what you said last night, | 即使我把你昨晚说的话转告给他 |
[40:26] | about being willing to commit murder | 你说你宁可杀人 |
[40:28] | to get what you wanted, | 也要达成目的 |
[40:29] | being willing to send him to prison forever, | 宁可害他一辈子蹲监狱 |
[40:32] | he didn’t believe it. | 他都不相信 |
[40:34] | He thinks you’re better than that. | 他认为你不是这种人 |
[40:37] | Well, he’s wrong. | 他错了 |
[40:38] | No, I know. | 是 我知道 |
[40:41] | You know what? You can put those cigarettes away. | 你可以把那些烟带走了 |
[40:43] | You’re not going to trick anyone into smoking today. | 你今天骗不了任何人抽烟了 |
[40:45] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[40:47] | Those are my brother’s reenlistment papers. | 是我弟弟再度入伍的手续 |
[40:51] | We stopped by the recruiting office this morning, | 我们今早在他睡着以前 |
[40:53] | before he fell asleep. | 去了一趟征兵办公室 |
[40:55] | If you don’t leave my brother alone, | 如果你不放过我弟弟 |
[40:57] | and if you don’t end this right here, right now, | 如果你不马上在这里结束这一切的话 |
[41:00] | I’ll file those papers. | 我就上交这些文件 |
[41:01] | He’ll do another tour of duty. | 他就会再去服兵役 |
[41:03] | They’ll deploy him, and who knows where, | 谁知道部队会把他派去哪 |
[41:06] | but it’s not going to be in Phoenix, | 反正不会在凤凰城 |
[41:07] | It’s not going to be anywhere near | 也不会是在那些 |
[41:09] | any of those people | 排在你妻子前面的 |
[41:10] | who are ahead of your wife on that list. | 那些人附近 |
[41:13] | Smart play. | 手段高明呀 |
[41:17] | Well, I’ll tell Michael that you said so. | 我会转告迈克尔的 |
[41:20] | It was his idea. | 这是他的主意 |
[41:23] | Boy’s got promise. | 这孩子前途远大 |
[41:25] | He’s just a late bloomer. | 他只是大器晚成而已 |
[41:31] | Do me a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[41:33] | Tell him there’s nothing I did for him | 告诉他 我为他做的这一切 |
[41:35] | that he can’t keep doing for himself. | 他自己以后都能做到 |
[41:38] | Tell him… | 告诉他 |
[41:40] | that he can still be a success. | 他仍会成功 |
[41:43] | Tell him he can still be the best Michael he can be. | 告诉他 他仍旧可以做那个最成功的迈克尔 |
[41:47] | Well, I think he knows that already, | 我想他已经知道了 |
[41:49] | but I’ll pass that message along. | 不过我会转达的 |
[42:02] | Hey, Carson. Michael. | 嗨 卡尔森 迈克尔 |
[42:05] | Hey, hey. You can’t sleep here. | 你不能睡在这 |
[42:09] | We’re here. | 我们都在这了 |
[42:12] | So what’s the verdict? | 结果如何 |
[42:14] | Am I back in the Army? | 我要回去参军吗 |
[42:15] | Ah, no, not today. | 不 今天不用 |
[42:17] | No, you know what? You read him exactly right. | 你知道吗 你看他看的很准 |
[42:19] | Much better than I did. | 比我看的准多了 |
[42:21] | See, that’s why you’re such a great salesman. | 所以你才会是一个如此成功的销售人员 |
[42:24] | Pardon me. | 不好意思 |
[42:25] | Would you mind scooting over a bit, so I can sit? | 你们可以挪过去一点 让我坐下吗 |
[42:29] | You know what? We were just leaving. | 我们正准备走了 |
[42:30] | I have to get back to work. | 我得回去上班了 |
[42:32] | It’s all yours. | 你坐吧 |