时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | A few years back | 几年前 |
[00:02] | a reporter figured out | 一篇报道揭露了 |
[00:04] | what I do at the DA’s office. | 我在地方检察官办公室的角色 |
[00:05] | There was a big scandal. | 这是一个巨大的丑闻 |
[00:10] | I lost my job for a while. | 那时候我丢了我的工作 |
[00:13] | My boss lost his job for a while. | 我的老板也丢了工作 |
[00:16] | Finally, I got my job back, | 但最终 我又回到原来的工作岗位 |
[00:20] | but now my name was out there, | 只是如今我名声在外 |
[00:23] | and that’s when I started to get letters. | 从那时开始就有人写信给我 |
[00:26] | Letters from all over the country, | 全国各地的来信 |
[00:29] | all over the world, | 世界各地的来信 |
[00:32] | from people who wanted my help. | 那些希望得到我帮助的人写信给我 |
[00:35] | More letters than I could possibly read. | 信多得我根本没法读 |
[00:38] | More letters than I could possibly answer. | 更别提回信了 |
[00:43] | I’m only one person. | 我只有一个人 |
[00:46] | Hey. I can’t breathe! | 嗨 我不能呼吸了 |
[00:52] | Oh. Hey, you okay? | 嗨 你没事吧 |
[00:54] | Need some water or something? | 要喝点水吗 |
[00:56] | I don’t know. No, I’m okay. | 我不知道 不用 我没事 |
[00:59] | I just had a dream. I just had a ridiculous dream. | 我刚刚做了个梦 一个可笑的梦 |
[01:01] | It was about the mail. | 关于信的(信发音同男性) |
[01:03] | Any particular male? | 某个特别的男性吗 |
[01:06] | No, dear. | 不 亲爱的 |
[01:08] | You’re the only male I ever dream about. | 你永远是我唯一的梦中情人 |
[01:12] | Good answer. Feel free to keep dreaming. | 回答正确 你可以继续做梦了 |
[02:04] | Okay, spell “Quiet.” | 好 拼出”安静” |
[02:07] | Q u “Q-u… | |
[02:12] | e …e”? | |
[02:14] | Stop that! What comes after the “U”? | 别这样 U后面是什么 |
[02:17] | I “I.” | |
[02:18] | “I” Before “E,” Except after “C.” | 除非前面是C 否则I在E前面 |
[02:20] | You got to remember that. | 你必须记住这些 |
[02:22] | It’s, like, the golden rule of spelling. | 这是拼写的最基本规则 |
[02:24] | Has anybody seen the travel iron? | 有人见过旅行熨斗吗 |
[02:26] | I-I know I’m going to get to Denver | 我知道我去了丹佛 |
[02:28] | and need to iron something. | 肯定要用到电熨斗的 |
[02:29] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[02:30] | You applied to law school in Phoenix, | 你申请的是凤凰城的法学院 |
[02:33] | but you have to go all the way to Denver for the interview? | 但你却必须跑到丹佛去面试 |
[02:36] | The guy I’m interviewing with went to law school here, | 面试我的那个人是在这里上的法学院 |
[02:40] | but he works there. | 但他在丹佛工作 |
[02:41] | Devalos knows him. | 德弗洛斯认识他 |
[02:43] | I’m just lucky that he could set it up. | 他能安排这次面试我就已经很幸运了 |
[02:45] | Joe, have you seen the travel iron? | 乔 你见过旅行电熨斗吗 |
[02:48] | actually, I think that I may have brought it with me | 事实上 我好像上次去 |
[02:50] | when I flew to Houston for that conference. | 休斯顿开会时带过 |
[02:52] | You look on the top shelf of the closet? | 你看过壁橱最上面一格了吗 |
[02:53] | No, I haven’t looked on the top shelf. | 不 我没有看过最上面一格 |
[02:56] | That must be your other wife. | 你肯定说的是别的老婆 |
[02:58] | This wife has never even seen the top shelf. | 这个老婆从来就没看过最上面一格 |
[03:02] | I know you’re busy, | 我知道你忙着 |
[03:03] | solving the world’s energy problems, | 解决世界能源问题 |
[03:05] | but can I just borrow your tallness, | 但是帮帮忙 借用一下你的身高 |
[03:06] | so I can finish packing? | 帮我拿下熨斗 |
[03:08] | Okay, fine, fine. | 好 好 |
[03:16] | “Banana.” | 香蕉 |
[03:18] | What about it? | 香蕉怎么了 |
[03:19] | Spell it. | 拼写香蕉 |
[03:21] | B “B…” | |
[03:25] | Come on. You’re on a roll here. | 继续 好的开端是成功的一半 |
[03:27] | U “…u…”? | |
[03:29] | If anyone asks, you’re an only child. | 如果有人问起 别说我是你姐姐 |
[03:33] | Hey, you gonna miss me? | 嗨 你会想我吗 |
[03:35] | No. | 不会 |
[03:37] | Of course I’m going to miss you. | 我当然会想你 |
[03:39] | It’s one night, and truthfully, | 只有一晚而已 而且老实说 |
[03:42] | I’m looking forward to burying myself in work. | 我很期待今晚能够专心工作 |
[03:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:45] | Really. We’re bidding on a Department of Defense contract | 真的 我们接下来几天 |
[03:49] | in the next few days, | 要投标一个国防部的项目 |
[03:50] | and I have to come up with an algorithm | 我必须拿出一套公式来 |
[03:52] | that will show that we can synthesize corn fuels | 表明我们能够比其他人更高效的 |
[03:54] | more efficiently than anyone else. | 合成玉米燃料 |
[03:56] | That’s easier to do when I’m not around? | 我不在旁边的时候你能够更好的工作吗 |
[03:58] | Bury myself in work, bury myself in you. | 埋头干工作还是埋头干老婆 |
[04:01] | Tough choice. | 这是个难题 |
[04:02] | You going to miss me? | 你会想我吗 |
[04:03] | What’s your name again? | 你叫啥来着 |
[04:05] | Mom? Dad? | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[04:07] | Someone taking us to school? | 到底谁送我们去学校 |
[04:09] | That’s me. Dad. | 那个就是我 爸爸 |
[04:10] | The one with the second billing. | 排行老二那个 |
[04:11] | Dad. Nice to meet you. | 爸爸 很高兴见到你 |
[04:14] | It’s nice to meet you. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[04:20] | Miss Dubois? | 迪布瓦女士 |
[04:22] | Excuse me, Miss Dubois? | 不好意思 迪布瓦女士 |
[04:25] | I’m sorry. Do I know you? | 抱歉 我认识你吗 |
[04:27] | No, we’ve never really met. | 不 我们从未真正见过面 |
[04:29] | Although I’ve written you many times. | 但是我给你写过很多封信 |
[04:30] | Jeremy Haas. | 杰里米·哈斯 |
[04:33] | You don’t know who I am. | 你不知道我是谁 |
[04:36] | I’ve been writing you letters, | 我一直在给你写信 |
[04:39] | once, twice a week for almost two years now. | 一周两封 整整写了两年 |
[04:42] | Well, you have to understand, Mr., uh…? | 你必须理解 嗯 先生 |
[04:46] | Haas, but you can call me Jeremy if you want. | 哈斯 如果你愿意你可以叫我杰里米 |
[04:49] | Jeremy, I don’t really see a lot of the mail | 杰里米 我在这里并没有真的 |
[04:51] | that I get here, | 看到过很多信件 |
[04:52] | especially if it’s sent here. | 特别是寄送到这里的 |
[04:53] | I mean, security… | 我是说 安全 |
[04:58] | How-how can I help you? | 我能帮你什么吗 |
[05:00] | It’s my wife. | 是我太太 |
[05:02] | She’s missing, two years now. | 她两年前失踪了 |
[05:05] | She was eight months pregnant when she disappeared. | 她失踪的时候已经怀孕8个月了 |
[05:07] | That’s horrible. That really sounds like a police matter. | 太可怕了 听起来是警察的职责范围 |
[05:11] | You would think. | 说是这么说 |
[05:13] | The thing is, they don’t believe she disappeared. | 问题是 警察并不认为她是失踪 |
[05:16] | They think she ran away. | 他们认为她只是离家出走了 |
[05:18] | She kind of left a note. | 因为她留下了一张字条 |
[05:21] | I know how it sounds, | 我知道听上去不像是失踪 |
[05:23] | but Elena, she wouldn’t just leave me. | 但是埃琳娜她不会这样离开我的 |
[05:27] | I can’t really explain the note, | 我没办法解释那张字条 |
[05:29] | but she wouldn’t just walk out on me. | 但是她不会这样抛弃我的 |
[05:33] | Just, please say you’ll help me. | 求求你 帮帮我吧 |
[05:38] | Say you’ll do something. | 求求你做点什么 |
[05:41] | You’re Allison Dubois. | 你可是艾莉森·迪布瓦 |
[05:43] | Have a dream. | 做个梦 |
[05:45] | How hard is that? | 这能有多难呢 |
[05:46] | I’ll tell you what. I will pull her police file, | 这么说吧 我会找到她的警方档案 |
[05:49] | and I’ll take a look at it, and who knows? | 我会看看档案 谁知道呢 |
[05:50] | Maybe I’ll see something. | 也许我能够看到些什么 |
[05:52] | That-that’s really the best that I can do. | 我只能做到这一步了 |
[05:55] | That would be great. That’s my phone number. | 这已经很好了 这是我的电话号码 |
[05:59] | Jeremy Haas. | 杰里米·哈斯 |
[06:02] | Jeremy Haas. | 杰里米·哈斯 |
[06:12] | So, you ready for the big interview tomorrow? | 你准备好明天的面试了吗 |
[06:14] | When you flying out? | 什么时候启程 |
[06:15] | Tonight. I promise not to embarrass you. | 今晚 我保证不会丢你的脸 |
[06:18] | You’ll do fine. | 你一定会很棒的 |
[06:20] | John is one of the few genuinely nice guys | 约翰可是经济法执业者中 |
[06:21] | practicing corporate law. | 为数不多的好人之一 |
[06:23] | Plus, he’s already inclined to like you. | 而且他好像已经开始喜欢你了 |
[06:24] | I made sure of that. | 我非常肯定这一点 |
[06:26] | Listen, as long as you’re not flying out until tonight, | 听我说 既然你是今天晚上的飞机 |
[06:29] | maybe you could join me for a drive. | 也许你能陪我跑一趟 |
[06:30] | Sure. Where are we going? | 当然 我们去哪 |
[06:31] | The Holman Supermax Prison. | 霍尔曼高级监狱 |
[06:33] | Need to talk to an inmate there. | 需要跟那里的一个犯人谈一下 |
[06:36] | Robert Edward Lowell raped and murdered seven women | 罗伯特·爱德华·罗威尔奸杀了7名妇女 |
[06:39] | that we know of. | 这只是我们知道的 |
[06:41] | Serving seven consecutive life sentences. | 他被判了7次无期徒刑 |
[06:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:44] | Yesterday, a construction crew broke ground | 一个靠近钱德勒附近的新社区 |
[06:47] | on a new housing development out near Chandler. | 发展项目昨天开始破土动工 |
[06:49] | They unearthed the bones of a dead woman. | 工人挖出了一具女尸 |
[06:52] | Who’s this? | 是谁的 |
[06:54] | We don’t know yet. | 我们也不知道 |
[06:56] | But Lowell buried most of his victims | 但是罗威尔把他的受害人都埋在 |
[06:57] | within a mile or two of where we found that body. | 那具尸体附近的一到两公里范围内 |
[07:00] | If, indeed, she is one of his victims, | 如果她也是他的其中一个受害者 |
[07:02] | we’re hoping that Lowell can tell us who she is. | 希望罗威尔能够告诉我们她是谁 |
[07:06] | You found a dead girl in a field, | 你们在那片区域发现了一个死去的女孩 |
[07:08] | and you want to know if she’s one of mine? | 你们想知道她是不是我杀的 |
[07:14] | Hard to say, unless I get a look at her. | 很难说 除非我看到她 |
[07:18] | A lot of fields out there. | 那块地方不小 |
[07:20] | Maybe a lot of dead girls, too. | 也许有很多女孩被埋在那儿 |
[07:30] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[07:32] | And why would I tell you that? | 我凭什么要告诉你 |
[07:35] | You said a lot of nasty things about me in that courtroom. | 你在法庭上说了我很多坏话 |
[07:39] | The way I see it, you and me are enemies. | 在我看来 我们是敌人 |
[07:41] | I’m not your enemy. | 我不是你的敌人 |
[07:43] | If I hadn’t put you away, someone else would have. | 就算我不把你关起来 别人也会的 |
[07:46] | Now tell me what you know. | 现在告诉我你知道的 |
[07:48] | And if what you have to say checks out, | 如果你所说的被证实了 |
[07:50] | the warden has agreed to expand some of your privileges. | 监狱长同意提高你的待遇 |
[07:52] | Oh, yeah? | 哦 是吗 |
[07:53] | How’s that? | 怎么个提高法 |
[07:55] | He’ll add another channel to your television | 他会给你的电视增加一个频道 |
[07:56] | or give you another 90 minutes of exercise a week, | 或者一周额外增加你90分钟的锻炼时间 |
[07:59] | either one. Your choice. | 随便哪一个 你自己选 |
[08:10] | Yeah, sure. I remember that necklace. | 当然 我记得那条项链 |
[08:15] | I think she said her name was Kristy. | 我想她说过她的名字叫克里斯蒂 |
[08:19] | Picked her up while she was out exercising, | 她外出锻炼时我绑架了她 |
[08:21] | just like the others. | 和其他人一样 |
[08:24] | She had blonde hair. | 她有一头金色的秀发 |
[08:29] | Everywhere. | 浓密茂盛 |
[08:42] | Blue eyes. | 蓝色眼睛 |
[08:45] | Deep blue. | 深蓝色 |
[08:48] | Kind of eyes you could drown in if you weren’t careful. | 是那种你不小心就会深陷其中的眼睛 |
[08:56] | I remember those eyes real well. | 我也记得那双眼睛 |
[08:59] | I was staring right into them | 当我让她窒息而死时 |
[09:01] | when I choked the life out of her. | 我正视着它们 |
[09:09] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[09:11] | Took her out to that field and buried her. | 我把她拉到野外埋了 |
[09:14] | You said her name was Kristy. What was her last name? | 你说她名字叫克里斯蒂 她姓什么 |
[09:16] | I said “I think her name was Kristy,” Boss. | 我说”我觉得她叫克里斯蒂” 警官 |
[09:20] | And I have no idea what her last name was. | 我不知道她姓什么 |
[09:22] | I didn’t drag her into my van so we could talk. | 我没把她拉到我的车上聊天 |
[09:28] | Well, he’s lying. | 他在说谎 |
[09:30] | He’s lying about all of it. | 全部是谎言 |
[09:31] | What did you see? Did you see the killing? | 你看到了什么 看见谋杀了吗 |
[09:33] | Did you see who did it? Was it Lowell? | 看见是谁干的了吗 是罗威尔吗 |
[09:34] | I just saw the girl, a completely different girl. | 我只看见一个女的 完全不同的女性 |
[09:39] | Well, that doesn’t surprise me; he’s a sociopath. | 我不惊讶 他是极端反社会的人 |
[09:41] | He loves the idea of sending us on a wild goose chase, | 他喜欢让我们徒劳无功去搜索 |
[09:43] | but we’ll make a sketch of the girl you saw, | 不过我们会给那名女性作素描 |
[09:45] | see what turns up. | 看还能发现什么 |
[09:46] | At least we’re not coming away completely empty-handed. | 至少我们不是一无所获的离开 |
[09:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:51] | I’ll meet you at the car. It’s Joe. | 车上见吧 是乔打来的 |
[09:53] | Hey, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[09:54] | Hey. Where have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[09:56] | I’ve been trying to reach you for an hour. | 找了你一个小时了 |
[09:57] | I’m sorry. I was inside a prison. | 抱歉 我去监狱了 |
[09:59] | They made me turn my cell phone off. | 他们让我关机 |
[10:00] | Is everything okay? | 一切还好吗 |
[10:01] | Yeah. No. | 是 又不是 |
[10:04] | I got a call from Marie’s school. | 我接到玛丽学校的电话 |
[10:05] | Apparently, she-she broke down | 显然 在拼写测试当中 |
[10:07] | in the middle of her spelling test. | 她出了问题 |
[10:09] | What do you mean, “Broke down”? | 什么叫”出问题” |
[10:11] | I don’t know. The principal said | 不知道 校长说 |
[10:12] | she started crying. | 她哭了起来 |
[10:14] | No one could console her. | 没人能安慰她 |
[10:15] | So he wants to sit down with us, | 他想和我们谈谈 |
[10:17] | and her teacher’s going to be there, too. | 她的老师也去了 |
[10:19] | This sounds ominous. What do you think they want? | 听起来不是好事 你觉得他们想怎么样 |
[10:21] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[10:22] | They want to do it right after school. | 他们想放学后就谈 |
[10:24] | Honey, I’m in Florence. I’m, like, 90 minutes away. | 亲爱的我在佛罗伦萨 大概90分钟后到 |
[10:27] | Can they just put it off a little bit? | 他们不能延迟一些吗 |
[10:29] | I don’t know. It didn’t sound like it. | 不知道 听起来不行 |
[10:31] | Look, if you can’t make it, you can’t make it. | 如果你来不了 真是来不了 |
[10:33] | But one of us has to be there. | 我们得有一个人到那里 |
[10:34] | Yeah. Okay, I’m leaving now. | 是啊 好 我要出发了 |
[10:38] | She just kept saying | 她就是一直说 |
[10:39] | that the words didn’t make sense to her. | 这个词她听不懂 |
[10:41] | What-What does that mean, | 那是什么意思 |
[10:44] | that she-she didn’t know how to spell them? | 她不知道如何拼写 |
[10:46] | The truth is, Mr. Dubois, | 事实上 迪布瓦先生 |
[10:47] | I think Marie’s been exhibiting some kind | 我认为玛丽表现出某种 |
[10:50] | of learning disability for a while now. | 短暂的学习障碍 |
[10:52] | No. | 不 |
[10:54] | Marie doesn’t have a learning disability. | 玛丽没有学习障碍 |
[10:56] | Her grades are fine. They’ve always been fine. | 她水平挺好 一直都很好 |
[10:59] | Actually, they’ve fallen off lately. | 实际上 她的水平最近有所下降 |
[11:01] | Look, I can assure you, | 我可以向你保证 |
[11:02] | we don’t take this kind of thing lightly, Mr. Dubois. | 我们不会轻易说这种话的迪布瓦先生 |
[11:04] | I checked in with your daughter’s other teachers. | 我和您女儿的其他老师聊过 |
[11:06] | They’ve noticed it, too. | 他们也注意到了 |
[11:08] | It’s not uncommon for children | 对于一些出现某些问题的孩子来说 |
[11:11] | who suffer from a certain cluster of symptoms | 他们试图掩饰自己的困难 |
[11:13] | to learn to disguise their difficulties. | 这很正常 |
[11:15] | It’s deeply upsetting to them, as I’m sure you understand. | 这会让他们烦躁不安 我相信你能理解 |
[11:18] | I really recommend that | 我真的推荐 |
[11:19] | you take Marie to see a specialist. | 你带玛丽去看专家 |
[11:21] | I can refer you to a woman who’s quite good. | 我可以推荐个很不错的女性专家 |
[11:23] | A learning disability? | 学习障碍 |
[11:25] | That’s what they said. | 他们这么说的 |
[11:27] | That’s what they think. No one’s sure. | 他们这么认为的 没人能确定 |
[11:29] | But that’s crazy. She does well in school. | 疯了 她在学校挺好的 |
[11:31] | She loves her classes. | 她喜欢她的同学 |
[11:32] | That’s what I told them. | 我也是这么说的 |
[11:33] | Do you think they’re right? | 你觉得他们说得对吗 |
[11:35] | I don’t know. I hope not. | 不知道 我希望不是 |
[11:37] | I mean, I guess that’s what the specialist is for. | 我是说 所以才需要找个专家看看 |
[11:39] | Maybe I shouldn’t go on this trip. | 或许我不应该出这趟差 |
[11:41] | You’re meeting with this woman tomorrow. | 你明天去见专家 |
[11:43] | I should be there. | 我也该去 |
[11:44] | I-I get why you feel that way, | 我明白你的心情 |
[11:45] | but truthfully, Marie is taking the test, not you. | 不过说实话 是玛丽要测试又不是你 |
[11:48] | And whatever this woman says, I-I’ll call you right after. | 专家说什么 之后我都会打电话给你传达的 |
[11:53] | Hello? | 喂 |
[11:55] | Allison? It’s Jeremy Haas. | 艾莉森吗 我是杰里米·哈斯 |
[11:56] | Remember, from this morning? | 记得吗 今天早上那个 |
[11:58] | How did you get this number? | 你怎么有这个号码的 |
[11:59] | Someone from your office. | 你办公室的人说的 |
[12:01] | I don’t believe that. | 我不相信 |
[12:03] | I don’t believe anyone at the office would do that. | 我不相信办公室的人会那样做 |
[12:05] | Okay. Well, I lied a little bit. | 好吧 我撒了个小谎 |
[12:07] | I told them we were related. | 我说我们是亲戚 |
[12:08] | That there was a family tragedy. | 家里有不幸的事 |
[12:10] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[12:11] | Don’t be mad. I just… | 别生气 我只是… |
[12:12] | I needed to know if you looked at the file on Elena. | 我需要知道你看没看埃琳娜的卷宗 |
[12:15] | No. I haven’t had a chance yet. | 没有 还没机会看 |
[12:17] | You know what? I’m going somewhere right now. | 你知道吗 我现在要出差 |
[12:19] | I was going to bring it with me on the plane. | 我要带着卷宗在飞机上看 |
[12:20] | On the plane? | 飞机上 |
[12:21] | That’s the best that I can do. | 我只能做这么多了 |
[12:23] | You know what? I got to go now. I have a plane to catch. | 你知道吗 我得出发了 还要赶飞机 |
[12:25] | No, wait. | 不 等一下 |
[12:26] | No, you wait. And you know what? | 不 你等一下 你知道吗 |
[12:28] | Don’t use this number again. | 别再打这个电话了 |
[12:29] | If I have anything to tell you, I’ll call you. | 如果有事告诉你 我会打给你的 |
[12:38] | Hi, Mrs. Dubois. | 迪布瓦女士 |
[12:41] | Jeremy? | 杰里米 |
[12:44] | What’s going on? D-Did you follow me here? | 怎么回事 你跟踪我吗 |
[12:48] | Oh, my God! | 我的上帝啊 |
[12:49] | Get in the car. | 上车 |
[12:55] | That’s her. | 那是她 |
[12:56] | That’s Elena. | 她就是埃琳娜 |
[13:00] | This was her place. | 这是她的家 |
[13:02] | Her folks left it to her. | 她父母留给她的 |
[13:04] | It was her favorite spot in all the world. | 这是全世界她最喜欢的地方 |
[13:07] | If you’re going to have a dream about her, | 如果你要梦到她 |
[13:08] | this is the place to do it. | 这个地方可以做到 |
[13:10] | Jeremy, you don’t understand. | 杰里米 你不明白 |
[13:13] | It’s not gonna work. | 这是没用的 |
[13:16] | I can’t just will myself to dream about someone. | 我无法左右自己梦到什么人 |
[13:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:21] | I’ve read about you. | 我看了你的报道 |
[13:23] | I know that the people you work for, | 我知道你的上司 |
[13:25] | they sometimes give you things, | 他们有时给你一些 |
[13:28] | things that belonged | 属于受害者的 |
[13:29] | to a victim or a criminal. | 或罪犯的东西 |
[13:31] | And sometimes they help you with the-the dreaming thing. | 有时他们帮你做梦 |
[13:35] | Look in there. | 看那里 |
[13:39] | That’s her stuff. | 那是她的东西 |
[13:46] | This is her favorite nightgown. | 这是她最喜欢的睡衣 |
[13:52] | This is a bracelet I gave her | 这是我在五周年 |
[13:53] | on our fifth wedding anniversary. | 结婚纪念日送她的手镯 |
[13:56] | This is her photo album. | 这是她的相册 |
[13:59] | I’m not a trained monkey. | 我不是受过训练的猴子 |
[14:02] | The dreams aren’t a trick I can just make happen! | 那些梦不是我弄出来的把戏 |
[14:08] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:10] | I don’t want to… to upset you. I… | 我不想… 惹你生气 我… |
[14:14] | I want to make you comfortable. | 我想让你舒服些 |
[14:17] | Are you thirsty? | 你渴吗 |
[14:19] | I’m thirsty. | 我渴了 |
[14:21] | Honest, Ms. Dubois, | 说实话 迪布瓦女士 |
[14:23] | I just want this to be over with. | 我只想完成它 |
[14:25] | I mean, nothing would make me happier | 我是说 没有什么能让我快乐点 |
[14:27] | than for you to tell me what I need to know, | 除非你告诉我 我想知道的 |
[14:30] | so I could drive you back to the airport, | 我就开车送你回机场 |
[14:33] | and you can get on a plane, | 你就能上飞机了 |
[14:35] | and you could head to wherever it is you’re going. | 你可以直接去任何要去的地方 |
[14:50] | It’s someone calling from your house. | 是你家里人打来的 |
[14:56] | Tell them everything’s fine. | 告诉他们一切安好 |
[14:59] | Hello? | 喂 |
[15:01] | I thought you were gonna call me when you landed. | 我以为你下飞机会打给我呢 |
[15:05] | I’m sorry, babe. | 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[15:06] | I-I just got caught up at the, uh, car rental place. | 我只是在租车的地方耽搁了 |
[15:10] | But I’m driving to the hotel now. | 不过我正开车去旅馆呢 |
[15:11] | Um, flight okay? | 飞行顺利吗 |
[15:13] | It was fine. | 很顺利 |
[15:15] | Well, everything’s quiet here. | 这里一切都好 |
[15:18] | Marie seems to be doing okay. | 玛丽好像做得不错 |
[15:21] | That’s great, Joe. Honey… | 很好 乔 亲爱的… |
[15:24] | I’m driving through a really strange city right now. | 现在我正穿梭于很陌生的城市 |
[15:27] | I can’t really talk. | 没法说话 |
[15:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:30] | You want to call me when you get to the hotel? | 你到旅馆后会打电话给我吗 |
[15:32] | I’ll try. | 我试试吧 |
[15:35] | You’ll try? | 你试试 |
[15:36] | Yeah. I love you too, babe. | 是的 我爱你 亲爱的 |
[15:43] | Nice work. | 演的不错 |
[15:50] | Have some water. | 来喝点水吧 |
[15:57] | Jeremy, | 杰里米 |
[15:59] | eventually people are going to realize | 最终肯定会有人发现 |
[16:01] | I’m not where I’m supposed to be. | 我没有去该去的地方 |
[16:03] | They’re going to come looking for me. | 他们会来找我的 |
[16:06] | It’s, it’s not going to be good for you. | 这 这对你来说不是件好事 |
[16:09] | I don’t think so. | 我可不这么认为 |
[16:12] | No. In fact, I think we’re going to be out of here | 不 事实上 我觉得在你了解真相之前 |
[16:14] | before you know it. | 我们就会离开这儿了 |
[16:15] | I mean, really, all that needs to happen | 真的 你要做的只是 |
[16:17] | is for you to fall asleep. | 让自己睡上一觉 |
[16:18] | Sleep? | 睡觉 |
[16:19] | That’s not in the cards. | 这又不是魔术表演 |
[16:21] | You’re pointing a gun at me. | 你还拿着枪指着我 |
[16:23] | I’m terrified. | 我被吓坏了 |
[16:24] | Well, don’t be. | 别害怕 |
[16:26] | Like I told you, there’s nothing to be afraid of. | 如我所说 没什么好怕的 |
[16:29] | Besides, any minute now, you’ll be asleep | 而且 几分钟后 不管你是否愿意 |
[16:32] | whether you want to be or not. | 你都会睡着的 |
[16:34] | What are you talking about? | 你这话什么意思 |
[16:36] | I crushed up some of Elena’s sleeping pills | 我把埃琳娜的安眠药 |
[16:38] | and put them in the water. | 放到刚才的水里了 |
[16:39] | I only pretended it was a new bottle. | 刚刚我只是假装新开了一瓶矿泉水 |
[16:48] | You… you drugged me. | 你 你给我下药了 |
[16:51] | I’m only trying to move things along. | 我只是想让事情发展的顺利些 |
[16:54] | It’ll be all right, Allison. | 会没事的 艾莉森 |
[16:56] | Just do a little dreaming for me, and it’ll be all right. | 帮我做几个梦 一切都会好的 |
[17:43] | You sleep all right? | 睡的舒服吗 |
[17:47] | Any dreams to share? | 梦到什么了吗 |
[17:48] | Good morning to you, too. | 也祝你早上好 |
[17:50] | One. | 是梦到一个 |
[17:52] | But it wasn’t about your wife. | 但不是关于你的妻子的梦 |
[17:53] | It was about another crime. | 是有关另一起罪行 |
[17:56] | A murder. | 一个杀人犯的事 |
[17:58] | Hey, let me out of this! | 喂 把我的手铐揭开 |
[18:00] | I got to call someone! | 我得打个电话 |
[18:02] | I need to tell them what happened. | 我得告诉他们发生了什么事 |
[18:05] | When we’re done here, you can call anyone you like. | 我们的事结束后 你想打给谁都可以 |
[18:07] | You know this girl I dreamt about? | 你知道我刚梦见的女孩什么样吗 |
[18:09] | She’s young. | 她很年轻 |
[18:10] | She has a family. | 她有自己的家庭 |
[18:13] | I’m sure her family is as anxious as you are | 我很确定她的家人正跟你一样 |
[18:16] | to figure out what happened to their loved one. | 焦急的想知道他们亲人身上发生了什么事 |
[18:19] | Well, they’re just going to have to wait their turn. | 那他们得先等一会儿了 |
[18:22] | You’re busy. | 你可是个大忙人 |
[18:25] | I’ll get you some breakfast. | 我去给你拿点早餐来 |
[18:31] | Hey. This is Allison. | 你好 我是艾莉森 |
[18:32] | Leave a message at the tone. | 在语音结束后留下你的留言 |
[18:35] | Hey, it’s me. | 喂 是我 |
[18:36] | I thought you’d call me before your interview. | 我以为你在面试前会给我电话的 |
[18:38] | Yeah, go ahead. | 对 进去吧 |
[18:40] | Well, we’re at the psychologist’s right now. | 我们刚到心理医生这儿 |
[18:42] | So I guess I’ll try you back after I’ve talked to her. | 等和她谈完了我再给你电话 |
[18:45] | Good luck. I’m thinking about you. | 祝你好运 我很惦记你 |
[18:58] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[19:01] | I’m sorry. You say something? | 抱歉 你刚有说话吗 |
[19:02] | No. Sorry. | 没有 不好意思 |
[19:04] | I was just talking to myself. | 我刚在自言自语 |
[19:05] | I didn’t mean to bother you. | 没想到打扰到你了 |
[19:06] | Oh. Not a problem. | 哦 没关系 |
[19:12] | You know, whenever I start talking to myself, | 当我开始自言自语的时候 |
[19:15] | I take it as a signal to walk away | 我就会放下手头的工作 |
[19:16] | from whatever I’m working on for ten minutes. | 休息十分钟 |
[19:19] | Mr. Dubois? | 迪布瓦先生 |
[19:20] | Marie and I are done with our session. | 玛丽和我的谈话结束了 |
[19:21] | Would you like to come in, please? | 能请你进来一下吗 |
[19:22] | Sure. | 当然 |
[19:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:27] | Hey, you. | 嗨 宝贝儿 |
[19:31] | Mr. Dubois, I have to tell you, | 迪布瓦先生 我必须告诉你 |
[19:33] | you’ve raised a remarkable young lady. | 你们的女儿很出色 |
[19:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:38] | So… So you ran some tests? | 那么 你刚做了什么测试吗 |
[19:40] | Quite a few. | 是做了几个 |
[19:42] | And I have to be honest with you. | 而且我得老实告诉你 |
[19:44] | I’m not quite sure why Marie was referred to me. | 我不太确定玛丽真的需要我的帮助 |
[19:47] | In my opinion, | 据我来看 |
[19:48] | there’s nothing at all wrong with your daughter. | 你们的女儿完全没有任何问题 |
[19:50] | Oh, really? | 哦 真的吗 |
[19:51] | I’m quite certain. | 我非常确定 |
[19:53] | I detect no problem with her reading comprehension | 她的阅读理解能力以及词汇结构的能力 |
[19:55] | or her vocabulary skills. | 完全没有问题 |
[19:57] | In fact, she’s rather advanced for her age. | 事实上 她比同龄人表现的还要好 |
[20:00] | Well, I can’t tell you how glad I am to hear that. | 我很高兴听到这样的结果 |
[20:03] | Frankly, my wife and I found this whole thing | 坦白说 我和妻子是在学校的测验里 |
[20:05] | with school puzzling. | 发现她的这个问题的 |
[20:06] | Well, as far as the incident with the spelling test goes, | 根据拼写测验的情况来看 |
[20:09] | my best guess is, perhaps she suffered | 我的猜测是 也许她遇到了 |
[20:12] | from some good old-fashioned anxiety. | 过去很普遍的焦虑症 |
[20:14] | I mean, she had no trouble with her spelling here today. | 因为 她今天在拼写方面完全没有问题 |
[20:18] | The only other thing I can think of, | 我唯一略有疑惑的地方是 |
[20:20] | Marie did mention her mother was on a trip. | 玛丽没有提到她妈妈出差去了 |
[20:22] | No. Yeah. My wife’s in Colorado for the day. | 不 没错 我妻子刚去了科罗拉多出差 |
[20:25] | Maybe that’s what triggered her crying jag. | 也许这就是为什么她会哭了 |
[20:27] | You’d be surprised how stressful it can be | 对于孩子来说 家长的远行 |
[20:29] | for a child when a parent takes a trip, | 对于他们会造成很大的影响 |
[20:31] | even a short one. | 即使只是离开一小会儿 |
[20:33] | In any case, I have the feeling that | 不管怎么说 我觉得 |
[20:35] | what happened yesterday | 昨天发生的事 |
[20:36] | will turn out to be a one-time thing. | 只是一次偶然事件 |
[20:42] | Sorry. That’s my wife’s office. | 抱歉 是我妻子的工作室打来的 |
[20:44] | Would you excuse me for just one minute? | 不介意我先接一下电话吧 |
[20:45] | Of course. | 当然 |
[20:47] | Hello? | 你好 |
[20:49] | Joe, it’s Manuel Devalos. | 乔 我是曼纽尔·德弗洛斯 |
[20:50] | Listen, I’m sorry to disturb you, | 很抱歉打搅你 |
[20:52] | but I just got off the phone with John Schultz, | 但我刚接到约翰·舒尔茨的电话 |
[20:54] | the man Allison was supposed to | 就是本该在今天早上 |
[20:56] | interview with this morning. | 面试迪布瓦的人 |
[20:57] | What do you mean “Supposed to”? | 你说本该要去是什么意思 |
[20:59] | It didn’t happen? | 难道她没去吗 |
[21:00] | Well, according to John, Allison never showed up. | 据约翰所说 艾莉森从未去过他那儿 |
[21:05] | He’s got to stop calling eventually. | 他该停止打电话了吧 |
[21:07] | He knows something is wrong. | 他肯定是知道事情有些不正常了 |
[21:09] | So does my boss. | 我上司肯定也知道了 |
[21:10] | Jeremy, think about what you’re doing here. | 杰里米 想想你现在所做的 |
[21:12] | This is kidnapping. | 这可是绑架啊 |
[21:15] | If the D.A. decides to press charges, | 如果地检局决定提出起诉的话 |
[21:17] | you could go to prison for the rest of your life. | 那你的余生都得在监狱里度过了 |
[21:20] | Well, that’s up to you, isn’t it? | 这就取决于你了 对吗 |
[21:21] | I mean, you’d have to say something. | 你得说些什么 |
[21:24] | I mean, you’d have to tell someone | 你得告诉那些人 |
[21:27] | that that’s what happened here. | 这里到底发生了什么事 |
[21:28] | But I have a feeling that when you do get around | 但我确实有预感当你一心想要 |
[21:31] | to dreaming the dream | 做某个梦时 |
[21:32] | that tells us where my wife is, | 你就能找到我的妻子在哪儿了 |
[21:34] | you’ll realize | 你会发现 |
[21:35] | that there was a greater purpose for my bringing you here. | 我把你带到这儿来的目的其实很好 |
[21:38] | That you won’t report me. | 你不会举报我的 |
[21:40] | That you’ll be happy for me and her. | 你还会为我和她感到高兴 |
[21:42] | And you’ll look back on this experience with pride. | 你还会自豪的回顾这一段经历 |
[21:45] | Well, maybe. | 也许会吧 |
[21:47] | But maybe not. | 但也许也不会 |
[21:50] | What if I have a dream, | 如果我梦到的 |
[21:52] | and it tells us what we already know? | 和我们已知的情况是一样的呢 |
[21:56] | That your wife just left you. | 其实是你的妻子抛弃了你 |
[21:58] | She just left. | 她就是离家出走了 |
[22:00] | No. | 不会的 |
[22:01] | I don’t think that’s what happened. | 绝不会发生那种事 |
[22:04] | I don’t think that’s what you’re going to dream. | 我不认为你会梦到那种事 |
[22:08] | We had fights, sure. | 我们确实是吵了一架 |
[22:10] | Now, I’m certain I was a disappointment to her. | 我很肯定我让她感到失望了 |
[22:12] | Hell, I was a disappointment to myself. | 该死的 我也让我自己失望了 |
[22:13] | I couldn’t bring in money– | 我无法赚钱 |
[22:15] | not the kind we needed– | 赚到足够的钱 |
[22:16] | but I loved her, and she loved me. | 但我爱她 她也爱我 |
[22:19] | And we were having a baby together. | 我们还一起有了孩子 |
[22:32] | What do you say? | 怎么样 |
[22:36] | We do a little bit more dreaming? | 再做个梦吧 |
[22:44] | Did I want to be a single mom? | 我真的想当单身妈妈吗 |
[22:46] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不愿意了 |
[22:47] | I don’t think anybody ever says to themselves, | 我不认为有人会对他们自己说 |
[22:50] | “Hey, I want to be pregnant and alone.” | 我希望怀孕后独自生活 |
[22:54] | You know what? | 不过知道吗 |
[22:56] | It’s doable. | 这是可行的 |
[22:58] | It-it’s more than doable. | 或者说这完全可以实施 |
[23:05] | And pretty soon, you won’t be all alone. | 因为很快 你就不会孤单了 |
[23:07] | You’ll have the most interesting person you’ll ever meet | 你会发现将会有一个你一生之中 |
[23:10] | in your entire life to keep you company. | 遇见过的最有趣的人来和你作伴 |
[23:14] | No. | 别 |
[23:17] | Don’t cry. | 别哭 |
[23:18] | Look, your husband may have put that baby in you, | 也许是你的丈夫把孩子放进了你的肚子 |
[23:21] | but that doesn’t make you or it his property. | 但这并不表示你们就是他的财产了 |
[23:25] | You said you were thinking about leaving him, so leave. | 你说你在考虑离开他了 那就走吧 |
[23:29] | He doesn’t make you happy, | 既然他不能让你快乐 |
[23:31] | so make yourself happy. | 那你就得让自己高兴 |
[23:34] | It can be done. | 这是完全可以的 |
[23:36] | I’m living proof. | 我就是活生生的例子 |
[23:41] | It’s gonna be okay… Elena. | 会没事的 埃琳娜 |
[23:45] | You’re going to be okay. | 你会没事的 |
[23:49] | It’s okay, Elena. | 没事的 埃琳娜 |
[23:56] | You saw something, didn’t you? | 你梦见了 对吧 |
[23:58] | You said her name. | 你刚说了她的名字 |
[24:00] | I heard you. | 我听见了 |
[24:02] | So what did you see? | 你梦到了什么 |
[24:05] | Nothing good. | 不是什么好事 |
[24:09] | I knew it. Elena didn’t leave me. | 我知道 埃琳娜没有离开我 |
[24:12] | Jeremy, nothing that I just saw, | 杰里米 我刚才什么也没看到 |
[24:14] | nothing I just told you proves | 我刚才和你说的也不能证明 |
[24:15] | that your wife didn’t just leave of her own accord. | 你妻子不是自愿的离开 |
[24:18] | I mean, it-it really seems like | 我的意思是 那看上去就像 |
[24:21] | what she was discussing with… | 她正在与 |
[24:22] | With a murderer. That’s what you told me. | 凶手谈话 你刚才告诉我的 |
[24:24] | You don’t have to be a genius to figure out the rest. | 你不必推断出之后的事 |
[24:26] | That woman did something to my wife. | 那个女人对我妻子做了一些事 |
[24:28] | You don’t know that. We don’t know that. | 你什么都不知道 我们也什么都不知道 |
[24:31] | In fact, in my dream, | 事实上 在我梦里 |
[24:32] | that woman looked every bit as pregnant as Elena was. | 那女人看起来和埃琳娜一样也怀孕了 |
[24:34] | She looked like she was about to give birth. | 她看起来就要生了 |
[24:37] | She didn’t look like she was | 她看起来不像 |
[24:38] | in any condition to murder someone. | 有能力去杀害别人 |
[24:40] | Look, what I need to do | 听着 我需要做的 |
[24:41] | is go call the people that I work with | 就是打电话给我的同事 |
[24:44] | so I can tell them what I know. | 告诉他们我知道的事情 |
[24:46] | So I can give them a chance to start investigating. | 让他们有机会展开调查 |
[24:48] | No. You’re not calling anyone. | 不 你不能给任何人打电话 |
[24:50] | Not yet. | 现在还不行 |
[24:51] | We’re too close to the truth. | 我们离真相只有一步之遥了 |
[24:53] | What you need to do is to sleep some more. | 你需要做的就是多睡觉 |
[24:57] | You need to-to dream some more. | 你得梦到更多的事情 |
[25:02] | What’s that? | 什么声音 |
[25:06] | Don’t say a word. | 不许出声 |
[25:09] | I’m going to see what’s going on. | 我得去看看发生什么事了 |
[25:24] | It’s just the mailman. | 只是邮递员 |
[25:26] | He’ll be gone in a second. | 他很快就会离开 |
[25:27] | We just won’t make any noise. | 我们不能发出任何声音 |
[25:29] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[25:31] | Help! I’m in here! | 救命 我在里面 |
[25:32] | – Stop it! – Help! | -闭嘴 -救命 |
[25:35] | Help! | 救命 |
[25:36] | I’ve been kidnapped! | 我被绑架了 |
[25:37] | Are you crazy? Do you want me to kill you? | 你疯了吗 你想死吗 |
[25:40] | I dare you! | 你不敢开枪 |
[25:41] | Then you’ll never know what happened to your wife. | 你将永远也不会知道你妻子怎么了 |
[25:43] | What’s going on in there? | 里面怎么了 |
[25:44] | Don’t leave me, please! | 求你别走 |
[25:47] | Hello? Open up! | 有人吗 开门 |
[25:48] | I’m chained to this bed! | 我被拷在床上 |
[25:50] | No! | 不 |
[25:52] | Please! | 求你了 |
[25:59] | I’m in here! | 我在这 |
[26:03] | I’m back here! I’m back here! | 我在这 我在这 |
[26:05] | Please! | 求你了 |
[26:08] | Please. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:14] | All right, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[26:16] | No new news. | 没有新消息 |
[26:19] | They’re running more tests. | 他们在做进一步检查 |
[26:25] | Once they’re sure | 一旦他们确定 |
[26:26] | that man didn’t give Mommy anything dangerous, | 那人没对你们妈妈造成伤害 |
[26:29] | we’ll be taking her home. | 我们就带她回家 |
[26:34] | Dad, she’s doing it again. | 爸爸 她又开始了 |
[26:38] | She’s doing what again? | 她又开始做什么了 |
[26:41] | What’s going on, Marie? | 玛丽 你在干吗 |
[26:43] | I can’t read this book, Daddy. | 爸爸 我读不了这本书 |
[26:45] | I can’t read any of these books. | 我什么书都读不了 |
[26:50] | How could you have been in so much trouble | 怎么你会惹上这些麻烦 |
[26:53] | and me not have known? | 而我竟然不知道呢 |
[26:57] | I just always thought… | 我一直在想 |
[26:59] | we had this connection. | 我们之间有感应 |
[27:01] | That I’d-I’d feel it, I’d sense it. | 我能感觉到它 感受到它 |
[27:06] | I mean, it drives me crazy to think that | 我是说 我都抓狂了 一想到 |
[27:08] | you were in that cabin, and this guy was drugging you, | 你被关在小屋里 那家伙让你服安眠药 |
[27:11] | and I had you in a hotel room in Denver. | 而我还以为你在丹佛的一家旅馆里呢 |
[27:16] | So happy… to be in this car, | 所以现在在这车里我很高兴 |
[27:19] | to be leaning on you, to be having this conversation. | 可以依靠你 和你谈话 |
[27:32] | Hello. | 喂 |
[27:34] | It’s for you. | 找你的 |
[27:36] | Hello? | 你好 |
[27:38] | Hey, Lee. | 你好 李 |
[27:46] | Okay, yeah, yeah. | 好的 行 |
[27:48] | Yeah, I’ll be there. Thanks. | 是我 我会去的 谢谢 |
[27:50] | The police picked up Jeremy an hour ago in Kingman. | 警察一小时前在金曼抓到了杰里米 |
[27:53] | A patrolman spotted him trying to abandon his car in a parking lot. | 巡警发现他在停车场试图弃车逃跑 |
[27:57] | They took him in without incident. | 他们顺利逮捕了他 |
[27:59] | Well, that’s got to make you sleep easier. | 这会让你睡的更安稳 |
[28:01] | Yeah. No. Definitely. | 是的 不 肯定地 |
[28:04] | Anyway, they’re bringing him back to Phoenix tonight. | 总之 他们今晚会把他带回凤凰城 |
[28:06] | They want me to come in in the morning and identify him. | 让我早上过去指认他 |
[28:09] | You okay with that? | 你能行吗 |
[28:11] | You ready for that? | 你准备好了吗 |
[28:12] | I just want this thing behind me. | 我只想这事赶快过去 |
[28:17] | I just want to open my eyes and have it all be over. | 我只想一睁开眼就发现一切都结束了 |
[28:20] | Well, I take that as a yes. | 就是说你能行喽 |
[28:22] | Yes, it’s definitely a yes. | 是的 当然行 |
[28:34] | I did it. | 我做到了 |
[28:36] | I left Jeremy. | 我离开了杰里米 |
[28:41] | Oh, my God. | 我的天那 |
[28:44] | You-you did it. | 你 你竟然做到了 |
[28:45] | You-you actually did it. | 你 你竟然真那么做了 |
[28:47] | Well… come in. | 进来吧 |
[28:50] | let’s talk | 我们聊聊 |
[28:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:00] | I don’t know about any of this. | 我什么都不知道 |
[29:02] | What do you mean, you don’t know? | 你说什么 你不知道 |
[29:04] | You did it. | 你都离开他了 |
[29:06] | That’s the hardest part. | 那是最难的一步 |
[29:09] | Then why doesn’t it feel good? | 那为什么我现在感觉一点也不好 |
[29:11] | You know, why doesn’t it feel right? | 你知道吗 为什么现在感觉这不对呢 |
[29:14] | Hey, it… it’s not easy to rip off a Band-Aid. | 这可不像扯下创可贴那么容易 |
[29:18] | It hurts. | 会心痛的 |
[29:19] | It’s more than that. | 不仅这样 |
[29:21] | I… I think about Jeremy without me. | 我 我一想到没有我杰里米 |
[29:24] | He’ll be helpless. | 他会很无助 |
[29:26] | He’s helpless with you, Elena. | 他和你在一起也无助 埃琳娜 |
[29:28] | I know, but | 我知道 但是 |
[29:30] | this will be worse. | 这种无助会更严重 |
[29:34] | The truth is-is that | 事实就是 |
[29:36] | I think about me without him. | 我一想到自己没有了他 |
[29:39] | I think about our baby without a dad. | 我们的孩子没有爸爸 |
[29:43] | I just think I’m making a mistake. | 我就觉得我做错了 |
[29:47] | I’ve got to go. I’ve got to go home. | 我得走了 我得回家 |
[29:50] | Uh, uh, uh, wait a second. | 等一下 |
[29:51] | Wait a second. Wait a second. | 等一下 等等 |
[29:53] | You… | 你 |
[29:55] | You put a lot of thought into whether or not to leave. | 你想了很久到底是走还是留 |
[29:59] | Don’t you want to put a little thought | 难道你不想多花点时间考虑 |
[30:02] | into whether or not to go back? | 到底该不该回去吗 |
[30:04] | Does… | 那 |
[30:06] | Does he know where you are? | 他知道你去哪了吗 |
[30:08] | I mean, did… did you tell him you were here? | 我是说 你告诉他你来这了吗 |
[30:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:17] | Then we can take a minute and talk some more. | 那么我们花点时间多聊聊吧 |
[30:23] | Come here. | 过来 |
[30:25] | Come here. | 过来 |
[30:26] | Come here. | 过来 |
[30:48] | I know I put you through a lot. | 我知道我让你经历了很多 |
[30:51] | I know what I did was wrong. | 我知道我做错了 |
[30:54] | I just hope you understand… | 我只希望你能理解 |
[30:57] | I had to do it. | 我不得不那么做 |
[30:59] | No one wanted to help me. | 没人愿意帮助我 |
[31:07] | You did… | 你确实 |
[31:09] | put me through a lot. | 让我遭遇了很多事 |
[31:13] | And it was more than wrong. | 而且那不仅仅是错误 |
[31:16] | It was criminal, and it was dangerous. | 那是犯罪 很危险 |
[31:21] | But I’m not here to talk about that. | 但我来这不是和你谈那个的 |
[31:25] | I’m here to talk about Elena. | 我来这是和你说埃琳娜的 |
[31:29] | I had another dream. | 我又做了一个梦 |
[31:33] | You were half right. | 你说对了一半 |
[31:37] | She did leave you, but… | 她确实离开你了 但是 |
[31:41] | …she changed her mind. | 她改变主意了 |
[31:43] | She wanted to come back. | 她想回来 |
[31:45] | Well, where is she now? | 那她现在在哪呢 |
[31:47] | That woman that I’ve been dreaming about– | 我梦到的那个女人 |
[31:49] | she… she injected her with something. | 她 她给她注射一些东西 |
[31:54] | That was the night that she left you. | 事情发生在她离开你的那晚 |
[31:58] | Is she… is she dead? | 她 她死了吗 |
[32:05] | I can’t say for certain. | 我也不确定 |
[32:07] | Not yet, but… | 还没 但是 |
[32:09] | I have to believe. | 我不得不相信 |
[32:14] | No. | 不要 |
[32:16] | I gave the police a description of her attacker. | 我向警察描述了袭击她的人 |
[32:20] | They’re doing everything they can to find her | 他们正在尽一切努力找她 |
[32:23] | and find out what happened to your wife. | 查出你妻子到底怎么了 |
[32:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:32] | Again, I know what I did was wrong. | 我想再说一次 我知道我做错了 |
[32:37] | I know I caused you and your family a lot of pain, | 我知道我给你和你的家庭带来了很多伤害 |
[32:40] | and I’m prepared to pay for that. | 我会负责的 |
[32:46] | I don’t know if you can understand this… | 我不知道你能否理解 |
[32:49] | …but just… hearing | 但是 只要 |
[32:52] | that people ar-are looking, | 他们正在查 |
[32:55] | that people are trying to figure out what happened… | 正在调查发生了什么 |
[33:00] | …it makes any punishment, | 任何惩罚 |
[33:03] | wherever I have to go, bearable. | 无论让我去哪 我都能忍 |
[33:06] | You don’t have to worry. You’re not going anywhere. | 不用担心 你哪也不用去 |
[33:07] | The police are processing your release. | 警察正在履行程序释放你 |
[33:09] | What? | 你说什么 |
[33:11] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[33:13] | What you did to me was terrible, | 你对我的所作所为是很可恶 |
[33:15] | and if I could send you away for a few years | 要是我可以把你送进监狱蹲几年的话 |
[33:18] | to pay for it, I would. | 我会愿意的 |
[33:21] | But you know what? | 但是你知道吗 |
[33:23] | You’re looking at kidnapping charges. | 你将面临绑架罪的指控 |
[33:25] | That’s…that carries life in prison or worse. | 这会使你终身监禁甚至更严重 |
[33:31] | And I… | 而我 |
[33:33] | I just…I don’t believe that you deserve that. | 我只是 我只是觉得你不该落得如此下场 |
[33:38] | So I had a conversation with the district attorney. | 所以我跟地方检察官谈过了 |
[33:43] | I told him | 我跟他说 |
[33:45] | that I refused | 我拒绝 |
[33:48] | to identify you | 指认你 |
[33:51] | as my abductor. | 绑架了我 |
[33:56] | It took a long time to explain to him why. | 我花了很长时间才跟他解释清楚缘由 |
[34:00] | I…I don’t even… | 我 我甚至觉得 |
[34:02] | think he understands it, | 他还是不能理解 |
[34:05] | but it doesn’t matter. | 但这都不重要了 |
[34:07] | Without me testifying, they have no case against you, | 没有我的指证 他们就无法立案 |
[34:11] | so they’re dropping the charges. | 所以他们将撤销对你的指控 |
[34:15] | I’m sorry | 我对于 |
[34:17] | about everything that happened to you, | 你的遭遇深表遗憾 |
[34:20] | but I really think you need to start accepting | 但是我真的认为你该开始接受 |
[34:23] | that your wife and your child | 你的妻子和孩子 |
[34:26] | are almost certainly never coming back. | 很可能无法再回来这个事实 |
[34:30] | And I really need you to stay the hell away from me! | 而且你真的要离我远一点了 |
[34:41] | If X dominates Y, then it has to be | 如果X来决定Y 那么要比 |
[34:44] | better than Y for at least one objective function. | Y来决定多个目标函数好多了 |
[34:47] | Well, you didn’t tell me you were working on math. | 你没跟我说你在研究数学 |
[34:50] | Yeah. It’s… | 是啊 这是 |
[34:52] | Yeah, it’s essentially a math problem. | 这本质上就是个数学问题 |
[34:53] | I’m trying to define a complex genetic, um algorithm. | 我正在试着弄一个复杂的基因运算法则 |
[34:56] | I don’t mean to be forward, | 我不是有意多管闲事 |
[34:58] | but I happen to know a thing or two | 但是我恰巧对 |
[34:59] | about complex algorithms. | 复杂运算法则略知一二 |
[35:00] | Mind if I take a look? | 你介意让我看看吗 |
[35:02] | You’re kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[35:03] | Be my guest. | 尽管看 |
[35:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:13] | Your Z value is a constant, correct? | Z是个常数 对吧 |
[35:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:19] | Well, then wouldn’t that necessitate a plus sign… | 那这里不是应该 |
[35:22] | right here? | 有个加号吗 |
[35:37] | It works! | 成功了 |
[35:40] | I can’t believe it works. | 真不敢相信居然成功了 |
[35:42] | Well, who are you? | 你到底是何方神圣呀 |
[35:44] | Harold Clark. | 我叫哈罗德·克拉克 |
[35:45] | I’m an associate physics professor at Mesa University, | 我是梅萨大学的物理学副教授 |
[35:48] | though I’m up for tenure, | 不过我已经获得了终身职位 |
[35:49] | so I’m hoping to drop the associate part soon. | 所以我希望很快就能转成正教授 |
[35:51] | Joe Dubois, extremely grateful engineer. | 我是乔·迪布瓦 一个心怀感激的工程师 |
[35:53] | Oh, glad to be of some help. | 别客气 我很高兴能帮上点忙 |
[35:55] | You-you…I… | 你 你 我 |
[35:56] | You don’t know the half of it. | 你都不怎么了解情况 上来就搞定了 |
[35:57] | You ready to go, champ? | 你准备走了吗 小伙子 |
[36:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:01] | Good luck to you. | 祝你好运 |
[36:02] | And to you. Thanks again. | 也祝你好运 再次感谢 |
[36:12] | Hey, you. | 你来了 |
[36:14] | Marie, why don’t you find a place take to sit over here | 玛丽 我跟你爸爸谈一会 |
[36:17] | while I talk to your dad for a minute? | 你在这边找个地方坐下来好吗 |
[36:21] | Mr. Dubois, | 迪布瓦先生 |
[36:23] | I’m baffled. | 我被难倒了 |
[36:25] | Your little girl aced every test that I threw at her. | 我给你女儿做的每个测验 她都得优 |
[36:29] | Every single one. I don’t know what to tell you. | 每个测验都是 我真不知道该跟你说什么 |
[36:31] | There is no evidence | 目前没有任何证据表明 |
[36:33] | of any learning disability whatsoever. | 她有任何的学习障碍 |
[36:36] | But… | 但是 |
[36:37] | No. I feel terrible that | 不 我很抱歉 |
[36:38] | I don’t have any kind of answer for you. | 我无法回答你 |
[36:41] | All these tests, | 所有测试她都做得很好 |
[36:43] | and there’s nothing to show for it. | 也没有其它任何异常的现象 |
[36:45] | Well, actually… | 实际上 |
[36:46] | Mr. Dubois, it is not unheard of | 迪布瓦先生 玛丽这个年龄的孩子有时候 |
[36:50] | for a child Marie’s age to feign learning disabilities. | 会假装有学习障碍 这也是有先例的 |
[36:55] | And the trick is to figure out why. | 问题就是要找出她这么做的原因 |
[36:58] | You know, I don’t think my daughter is faking it. | 我觉得我的女儿不是装出来的 |
[37:01] | But I do think | 但我倒是认为 |
[37:03] | I might know the “why”. | 我可能知道原因 |
[37:06] | “Pester”. | “纠缠” |
[37:08] | P-e-s-t-e-r “P-e-s-t-e-r”. | |
[37:12] | Outstanding. You’re on fire, Marie. | 厉害 棒极了 玛丽 |
[37:14] | Now, how about…”moist”? | 那么”潮湿”呢 |
[37:19] | “Moist”. | “潮湿” |
[37:20] | M-o-y… “M-o-y…” | |
[37:22] | No. “M-O-I-S-T”. | 不对 是M-O-I-S-T |
[37:26] | “Moist”. | 潮湿 |
[37:27] | Incredible. | 不可思议 |
[37:28] | You’re a freak of nature, Marie. | 你真是个超人 玛丽 |
[37:30] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[37:31] | From illiterate to genius in a matter of days. | 几天内就从文盲变成天才了 |
[37:33] | Yeah. I’m amazing. | 是呀 我很厉害 |
[37:35] | I don’t know what to think. | 我不知道该作何感想了 |
[37:37] | Then don’t think. | 那就别想了 |
[37:40] | Just accept | 就接受 |
[37:42] | that a force that you don’t understand | 宇宙间有你无法理解的一种力量 |
[37:44] | made our daughter | 使我们的女儿 |
[37:45] | incapable of learning reading and spelling | 在一段时间内有读写障碍 |
[37:48] | long enough for you to have her tested, | 使得你带她去做检查 |
[37:50] | which made it possible for you to meet that guy who… | 从而有机会遇到那个 |
[37:52] | That guy who was able to help me figure out the algorithm | 那个帮我想出运算公式 |
[37:55] | that could land us that government contract. | 从而使我们能拿下政府合同的人 |
[37:57] | Exactly. | 完全正确 |
[37:58] | You don’t think maybe that was just a coincidence? | 你不觉得这有可能只是个巧合吗 |
[38:01] | Hey, aren’t you the guy who said | 不是你说 |
[38:02] | you didn’t believe in coincidences? | 你不相信巧合的吗 |
[38:04] | I don’t think that was actually me. | 肯定不是我说的 |
[38:05] | I think that was maybe someone who just looked like me. | 也许是个长得像我的人说的 |
[38:11] | Your eyes are still open. | 你还睁着眼呢 |
[38:13] | I can hear them. | 我能听出来 |
[38:16] | Just thinking about Jeremy. | 我只是在想杰里米 |
[38:20] | That’s not the name I was hoping to hear. | 我可不希望听见你想他 |
[38:24] | Are we, perchance, | 你是不是 |
[38:25] | experiencing a bit of Stockholm Syndrome? | 患上了斯德哥尔摩综合症呀 |
[38:25] | 被害者对于犯罪者产生情感 甚至反过来帮助犯罪者的一种情结 | |
[38:28] | No, my love. | 没有 宝贝儿 |
[38:30] | It’s just, wishing I could understand | 我只是希望我能弄明白 |
[38:32] | what happened to his wife. | 他妻子的遭遇 |
[38:34] | What were those injections all about, | 我想知道她到底被注射了什么 |
[38:37] | and why hasn’t anyone ever heard from her again? | 为什么再没人得到过她的消息 |
[38:40] | And what about that other woman? | 还有另外那个女人 |
[38:43] | The murderess? | 那个女凶手 |
[38:44] | What’s she all about? | 她又是怎么回事 |
[38:46] | My sense is — and this is a technical term — | 依我看来 用术语来形容她就是 |
[38:49] | that she’s all about crazy. | 不折不扣的疯子 |
[38:51] | I think you’re right. | 我想你说得对 |
[38:53] | But that doesn’t really help Jeremy. | 但是这帮不到杰里米 |
[38:56] | Oh, is that what this conversation is about? | 这就是你的目的吗 |
[38:59] | Helping Jeremy? | 想帮杰里米 |
[39:01] | Oh, Al, because of you, | 就是因为你 |
[39:02] | Jeremy doesn’t have to | 杰里米不用 |
[39:04] | go to prison for the rest of his life. | 后半生都在监狱里度过 |
[39:06] | I don’t think you owe him anything more than that. | 我觉得你不再欠他什么了 |
[39:09] | In fact, I don’t think you owe him anything. | 实际上 我觉得你根本什么都不欠他的 |
[39:12] | Go to sleep. | 睡觉吧 |
[40:01] | That wasn’t much of a nap, was it? | 怎么这么快就醒了呢 |
[40:04] | Mommy’s here. | 妈妈来了 |
[40:08] | Your real mommy. | 你真正的妈妈 |
[40:11] | I’m glad you’re awake. | 很高兴你醒了 |
[40:13] | I wanted to tell you your new name. | 我想把你的新名字告诉你 |
[40:16] | Alexandra. | 亚力桑德拉 |
[40:19] | Alexandra… | 亚力桑德拉 |
[40:21] | Elizabeth Tate. | 伊丽莎白·塔特 |
[40:41] | Allison? | 艾莉森 |
[40:43] | I…I got your message, | 我 我收到你的信息了 |
[40:46] | but, I don’t get it. | 但是 我没弄懂 |
[40:49] | What-what are we doing here? | 我们 我们来这干什么 |
[40:55] | I know who killed your wife. | 我知道是谁杀了你的妻子 |
[40:57] | Then she’s…? | 这么说她真的 |
[41:01] | Her name is Veronica Tate. | 她叫维罗妮卡·塔特 |
[41:04] | Police arrested her this morning. | 警察今早逮捕了她 |
[41:06] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[41:09] | She used to be a maternity nurse | 她曾是凤凰城综合医院的 |
[41:11] | at Phoenix General. | 产科护士 |
[41:14] | Not only did she kill your wife. | 她不仅杀了你的妻子 |
[41:16] | She murdered another woman named Maureen Hosler, | 还杀了另外一个叫莫琳·霍斯勒的女人 |
[41:19] | the woman whose bones we found outside of Chandler. | 我们在钱德勒郊外找到了她的尸骨 |
[41:22] | Miss Hosler was also pregnant | 霍斯勒小姐被杀时 |
[41:25] | at the time she was murdered, | 也怀着孕 |
[41:26] | just like your wife. | 就跟你妻子一样 |
[41:28] | What kind of woman does that? | 什么女人会干这种事 |
[41:30] | The kind of woman who wants to be a mother. | 一个想要做母亲的女人 |
[41:32] | She couldn’t have children of her own. | 她自己无法生育 |
[41:37] | She faked two separate pregnancies. | 她曾两次假装怀孕 |
[41:39] | And then she stalked women who were really pregnant. | 然后跟踪那些真怀孕的女人 |
[41:45] | She took her victims’ babies, Jeremy. | 夺走受害人的孩子 杰里米 |
[41:48] | She raised them as her own. | 把他们当做自己的孩子来养育 |
[41:52] | The other child | 她带走的另外一个孩子 |
[41:54] | that she took is back with her father. | 已经被亲生父亲领走了 |
[41:58] | But I wanted to tell you in person. | 但是我想亲自告诉你 |
[42:06] | You see that little girl right there? | 你看到那边那个小女孩了吗 |
[42:17] | That’s her. | 就是她 |
[42:18] | Jeremy, that’s your daughter. | 杰里米 那是你女儿 |
[42:26] | I have a daughter? | 我有女儿吗 |
[42:33] | Want to go in and meet her? | 想进去见见她吗 |