时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Can’t sleep? | 睡不着吗 |
[00:20] | No, me neither. | 我也是 |
[00:24] | Must be all the excitement. | 肯定是因为太兴奋了 |
[00:27] | All these people. | 那么多人 |
[00:33] | Here… | 来 |
[00:41] | Is that better? | 这样好点了吗 |
[00:46] | I’ll leave you now. | 我走了 |
[00:49] | But know one thing. | 但你记住 |
[00:52] | If you ever tell your mother… | 如果你敢把今天的事 |
[00:55] | or anyone else, about today… | 告诉你妈妈 或者任何人 |
[01:00] | I will snap you in two. | 我就把你砍成两半 |
[01:37] | 氟西汀[抗抑郁药物] 六小时服用一片 一天服用不要超过四片 | |
[02:49] | Hello, and welcome to Telethon Tuneup. | 大家好 欢迎来到电视募捐热场 |
[02:51] | Now there’s lots to tell you about in the program. | 节目中有很多要告诉你们的 |
[02:53] | But right now I’m waiting for a bus. | 但现在我在等巴士 |
[02:55] | In fact, this is the bus now. | 事实上 巴士正好来了 |
[02:56] | I suppose it looks a fairly ordinary kind of bus to you, | 在你们看来这可能就是一辆普通巴士 |
[03:00] | but believe in me, this bus is pretty special, | 但相信我 这辆巴士非常特别 |
[03:03] | because inside it’s got fun and sun – for Telefun. | 因为车里有乐趣和阳光 是《视趣》 |
[03:07] | Not bad, eh? Here we go. | 不赖吧 上车了 |
[03:10] | Hello. One ticket, please, to the Telefun spots | 你好 一张票 谢谢 到《视趣》站点 |
[03:13] | of Yorkshire-by-the-Sea. Thank you. | 在海边的约克郡 谢谢 |
[03:17] | A bargain. | 成交 |
[03:29] | 一线希望 | |
[04:02] | Madam. | 夫人 |
[04:03] | Madam. | 夫人 |
[04:16] | Bridget, darling, | 布丽奇特 亲爱的 |
[04:17] | what’s this in Dempster this morning? | 《登普斯特报》今早的新闻是怎么回事 |
[04:19] | “200 guests, 10,000 acres, | “200位来宾 40平方公里 |
[04:22] | party of the year.” | 年度最强派对” |
[04:23] | Sounds like we’re made of money! | 好像我们是大富翁一样 |
[04:24] | I told you not to talk to the press! | 我都让你不要接受媒体采访了 |
[04:26] | I didn’t talk to the press! | 我没有跟媒体说 |
[04:28] | “‘I’m just having a few friends over | “我只是请几位朋友过去 |
[04:29] | to celebrate my husband’s birthday,’ says Lady Gravesend. | 庆祝我丈夫的生日 格雷夫森德女士说 |
[04:32] | Guests include Princess Margaret.” | 来宾中包括了玛格丽特公主” |
[04:34] | Frankly, I wish I hadn’t bothered. | 说实话 我宁愿我没张罗 |
[04:36] | It’s so gray out there! If it was May or June, | 天色太昏暗了 如果是五月或者六月 |
[04:39] | we could be out on the big lawn, but November– | 我们还可以在大草坪上 但十一月 |
[04:41] | One can’t help when one’s born. | 我又不能决定自己何时出生 |
[04:42] | No. It’s extremely aggravating. | 的确不能 太烦人了 |
[04:46] | I’ve asked Tony to come early to help brighten it up. | 我已经让托尼早点过来打光了 |
[04:48] | God. That appalling man shouldn’t be coming at all. | 天哪 那个可怕的人根本就不该来 |
[04:51] | Jumped-up painter and decorator. | 就是个自大的画师和装修工而已 |
[04:54] | Just keep him away from Princess Margaret. Little popinjay! | 让他离玛格丽特公主远一点 死鹦鹉 |
[04:57] | What is a popinjay, I wonder? | 鹦鹉是什么 |
[04:59] | Darling, haven’t you forgotten something? | 亲爱的 你是不是忘了什么 |
[05:03] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[05:14] | Yes, hello? | 在 是谁 |
[05:18] | Now, why haven’t you replied to Bridget? | 你为什么没回复布丽奇特 |
[05:20] | You simply must come. Open the door! | 你必须来 开门 |
[05:24] | Do you have any idea how difficult it was | 你知不知道光是 |
[05:26] | to get you invited in the first place? | 帮你拿到邀请函就有多困难 |
[05:28] | I’m very grateful, | 我很感激 |
[05:29] | but I don’t think I’m ready for the world just yet. | 但我觉得自己还没准备好面对别人 |
[05:32] | Why are these curtains drawn? | 为什么窗帘都拉上了 |
[05:34] | There. | 拉开 |
[05:37] | Better than a psychiatric ward, I suppose. | 这样总比精神病院病房要好吧 |
[05:40] | Theoretically. I need a drink. | 理论上 我需要一杯喝的 |
[05:42] | Do you have a drink, a proper drink? | 你这有喝的吗 正经能喝的那种 |
[05:44] | No, that’s one of the reasons I was on the psychiatric ward. | 没有 这也是我之前进了精神病院的原因之一 |
[05:47] | – I can offer you herbal teas. – Don’t be absurd. | -我这有草本茶 -别扯淡了 |
[05:50] | You know, you might at least open a window, | 你至少应该开扇窗户 |
[05:53] | or take a step outside once in a while. | 或者时不时出门走走 |
[05:56] | And your mother, she’s almost as reclusive as you are. | 还有你母亲 她快跟你一样隐世了 |
[05:58] | Amazing, isn’t it? | 是不是很棒 |
[05:59] | She thinks there might be more to life than going to parties. | 她觉得人生不该只是参加派对 |
[06:03] | Yes, I always thought she was a little peculiar. | 是的 我一直觉得她有些特立独行 |
[06:05] | – Where is she? – As far as I’m aware | -她现在在哪儿 -据我所知 |
[06:07] | she’s driving a consignment of 10,000 syringes to Poland. | 她在开车送一万支针管去波兰 |
[06:10] | Everyone says it’s marvelous of her, | 所有人都对她大唱颂歌 |
[06:12] | but I still think charity begins at home. | 但我还是觉得慈善应该从家开始 |
[06:15] | I wish she’d bring them round here. | 我真希望她把针管运到家里 |
[06:17] | I thought you’d … put all that behind you. | 我以为你已经…放下了 |
[06:21] | Behind me, in front of me. | 放下 没放下 |
[06:24] | You’re very melodramatic today. | 你今天很伤感 |
[06:25] | Yes, well, I’ve realized I’ve given up everything | 是的 我意识到我放弃了所有 |
[06:27] | – and taken up nothing. – You’ve taken up the law. | -却一无所获 -你习得了法律 |
[06:30] | You’re going to “Work for a living”. | 你现在可以”养活自己”了 |
[06:31] | Yes, that’s the intention. | 是 我是这么希望的 |
[06:33] | In fact, it’s a necessity now with the medical bills. | 事实上 因为医药费 我现在必须如此了 |
[06:35] | – But I still feel as if life– – That’s enough. Sit down. | -但我还是感觉 -够了 坐下 |
[06:39] | – I beg your pardon? – Sit down. | -你说什么 -坐下 |
[06:44] | Offended as I am by the very idea of a “Pep talk”, | 虽然我很不想做”动员讲话” |
[06:48] | I’m left with no choice. | 但我别无选择 |
[06:50] | You can’t rot in this hovel. | 你不能烂死在这个破屋子里 |
[06:53] | Quite apart from how depressing it is, | 尽管这非常令人沮丧 |
[06:54] | I owe it to your dear papa to get you back | 但这是我欠你老爸的 我得让你重新融入 |
[06:56] | – into the swim of things. -But the fear is, Nicholas, | -生活的洪流 -但我怕的是 尼古拉斯 |
[06:59] | – that I might drown. – Nonsense. | -我可能会淹死 -胡扯 |
[07:01] | Pull yourself together, find something to wear, | 振作起来 找点衣服穿 |
[07:04] | and if you must talk about life, you can do so at the party. | 如果你一定要讲人生的话 你可以在派对上讲 |
[07:07] | I’m sure someone will listen to you. | 肯定有人会听的 |
[07:10] | Remember, it’s a party, | 记住 这是派对 |
[07:12] | you’re not meant to enjoy it. | 不是让你来享受的 |
[07:28] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[07:31] | I know what you’re thinking, not enough color. | 我知道你在想什么 色彩不够 |
[07:33] | That’s why I’ve bought you these. | 所以我给你带了这些 |
[07:35] | I thought tents, I thought poles, I thought ribbons, | 我考虑了帐篷 杆子 彩带 |
[07:39] | – I thought maypoles. – They look like er… | -五朔节花柱 -这些看上去像 |
[07:42] | Sonny’s regimental tie. I had them specially made. | 桑尼的军团领带 专门定制的 |
[07:44] | – Wonderful. How much? – Oh, 20 and the dreaded. | -很好 多少钱 -二十加上恼人费 |
[07:48] | I see. What’s the dreaded? | 了解 恼人费是什么 |
[07:51] | – V.A.T. – Goodness. | -增值税 -天啊 |
[07:53] | You are a naughty, naughty girl! | 你真是个下流的姑娘 |
[07:55] | – Oh, dear. – Running out here without– | -我的天 -不穿衣服到处跑 |
[07:57] | I do wish Nanny wasn’t quite so horrid to Belinda. | 我真希望保姆对贝琳达没这么差 |
[08:01] | Why don’t you just sack the old hag? | 你怎么不把那老太婆炒了 |
[08:03] | She’s terrifying. | 她真让人害怕 |
[08:05] | Tony, just…make it better, will you? | 托尼 麻烦你把这布置得好看点 |
[08:09] | Darling. | 没问题 |
[08:12] | Where did you get this? | 你从哪儿搞来的这个 |
[08:14] | Tell me! Where? | 告诉我 哪儿来的 |
[08:17] | – Did you steal it? – Nanny, | -你偷来的吗 -保姆 |
[08:18] | I’m sure she didn’t steal it. | 我相信不是她偷来的 |
[08:20] | One of the security men will have lost it. | 多半是哪个保安落下的 |
[08:22] | Here – I’ll find out who it belongs to. | 我会找到它的主人 |
[08:24] | Mummy, will you come and play? | 妈妈 你要来玩吗 |
[08:26] | Your mummy’s much too busy to play with the likes of you! | 你妈妈没空和你这种人玩 |
[08:29] | Maybe later, darling. | 或许晚点可以 亲爱的 |
[08:38] | Hello. | 喂 |
[08:39] | Hello, can you hear me? | 喂 能听到我吗 |
[08:43] | Hello, I’ve got your walkie-talkie. | 你好 你的对讲机在我这儿 |
[08:47] | Of course I’ll tell her. But it can hardly be tonight | 我当然会告诉她 但今晚不行 |
[08:51] | after all the trouble she’s gone to. | 她才经历了这么多事 |
[08:53] | But all this skulking around and lying. | 可一直躲躲闪闪和撒谎 |
[08:56] | – And at your party too. – I know, I know, I know. | -在你派对上也这样 -我知道 我知道 |
[08:59] | But let’s not think about that now, my love. | 但现在别想这个 亲爱的 |
[09:01] | The important thing is I get to see you in the flesh, | 重要的是我能见到你本人 |
[09:05] | even if it’s just a glimpse. | 哪怕只是瞥见一眼 |
[09:17] | Who is that, d’you think? | 你觉得那是谁 |
[09:25] | Aren’t you going to answer it? | 你不去接吗 |
[09:26] | Not this second. | 现在不想 |
[09:28] | Bridget’s party tonight, I need you to come as my guest. | 布丽奇特今晚的派对 我需要你陪我去 |
[09:30] | – It’s Patrick! Go and answer! – Debbie’s going to be there. | -是帕特里克 快去接 -黛比会去 |
[09:33] | Debbie – who I need to apologize to but I can’t, | 我需要向黛比道歉 但我做不到 |
[09:36] | not without taking drugs, | 除非嗑药 |
[09:37] | which is the very thing I need to apologize for. | 而这正是我想要道歉的事 |
[09:39] | And Julia – Julia will be there and her bloody husband. | 茱莉亚 茱莉亚也会去还有她该死的丈夫 |
[09:41] | – Hello? – Oh, hello, you are there. | -喂 -你在啊 |
[09:44] | Look, what do you think, should I go? | 你怎么想的 我该去吗 |
[09:47] | If you think you’re up to it. | 如果你觉得你想去的话 |
[09:48] | No, of course I’m not, but Nicholas Pratt’s been round here | 不 我当然不想去 但尼古拉斯·普拉特过来 |
[09:50] | practically marching me out of the door | 一直逼着我出门 |
[09:52] | saying I need to get back in the swing of things. | 说我需要顺应环境 |
[09:54] | Is he coming? Tell him he has to come! | 他要来吗 叫他一定要来 |
[09:55] | Sorry, are you with someone? | 抱歉 你旁边有人吗 |
[09:57] | I hate to agree with Nicholas Pratt, but perhaps he’s right. | 我也不想同意尼古拉斯·普拉特 但或许他是对的 |
[09:59] | Well, look, can you help me, can you come? | 听着 你能帮我吗 你能来吗 |
[10:01] | Can you drive us? | 你能开车送我们吗 |
[10:02] | Yeah, of course, but I have to go to my meeting first. | 当然 但我得先去开个会 |
[10:05] | What meeting? Oh, that meeting. | 什么会 那个会啊 |
[10:07] | I don’t know how you put up with those things. | 不知道你是怎么忍受那些事的 |
[10:08] | Isn’t it full of the most ghastly people? | 那里是不是全是可怕的人 |
[10:10] | – Isn’t any crowded room? – Yes! | -哪个拥挤的房间不是这样 -是啊 |
[10:12] | Yes, which is exactly why I mustn’t go to this bloody party! | 是啊 所以我更不能去这个该死的派对 |
[10:16] | It’s three o’clock. I’ll see you there. | 三点了 到时见 |
[10:19] | It’s open to everyone, by the way. | 对了 谁都可以去 |
[10:24] | Patrick Melrose. He’ll be fun. | 帕特里克·梅尔罗斯 他会很有意思的 |
[10:27] | Have you told him about us? | 你跟他说过我们吗 |
[10:30] | No, you told me not to. Have you? | 没 你叫我别说的 你呢 |
[10:33] | I haven’t seen Patrick for years. | 我好多年没见过帕特里克了 |
[10:36] | What did he say about me? | 他怎么说我的 |
[10:38] | He said…he’s very much looking forward | 他说 他很期待 |
[10:43] | to meeting your husband. | 见你丈夫 |
[10:46] | – So am I. – Christ, I hate parties. | -我也是 -天啊 我讨厌派对 |
[11:19] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:25] | – 20 pounds. – 20 pounds? | -20镑 -20镑 |
[11:26] | That seems rather a…lot. | 那也太贵了吧 |
[11:29] | My daughter said she’d erm… | 我女儿说她会… |
[11:31] | Excuse me. Sorry, what are you doing here? | 不好意思 你来这干什么 |
[11:34] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[11:35] | Are you looking for the kitchens? | 你在找厨房吗 |
[11:37] | No, no, erm… | 不 不 |
[11:40] | I’m Mrs. Watson-Scott. | 我是沃森-斯科特太太 |
[11:43] | Bridget’s…erm… Lady Bridget’s mother. | 布丽奇特的 布丽奇特夫人的妈妈 |
[11:48] | Really? | 是吗 |
[11:49] | Well, better follow me. Come along. | 那最好跟我来 来吧 |
[11:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:14] | – How’s my favorite girl? – Daddy! | -我最爱的姑娘好吗 -爸爸 |
[12:17] | What a lucky girl you are. | 你真是个幸运的姑娘 |
[12:18] | And on a busy day like this. | 今天挺忙的 |
[12:20] | – What are we reading? – This one. | -要看什么书 -这本 |
[12:22] | But you’ve already read this. | 可你已经看过了 |
[12:24] | Please, Dada, it’s my favorite. | 拜托了 爸爸 这是我最喜欢的故事 |
[12:26] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[12:28] | “For many generations, families of mice have made their homes | “老鼠的家族世世代代都在 |
[12:32] | in the roots and trunks of the trees of Brambly Hedge…” | 荆棘篱笆的树根和树干中筑家…” |
[12:35] | Both parents in one day! We are honored. | 父母同框 还真是荣幸 |
[12:38] | We haven’t time for this. I need you to speak to security. | 我们没有时间了 我要你去和保安说一下 |
[12:40] | The Princess will be here soon. | 公主很快就到了 |
[12:41] | You keep leaving these things lying around. | 这些东西你还到处放 |
[12:43] | Right you are. | 你说得是 |
[12:46] | Hello, Virginia. | 你好 弗吉尼亚 |
[12:47] | Hello, Sonny. Happy birthday. | 你好 桑尼 生日快乐 |
[12:48] | Granny! I didn’t know you were coming! | 外婆 我都不知道你要来 |
[12:51] | Here I am! | 我这不是来了 |
[12:53] | Hello, Bridget, darling. Everything alright? | 你好 布丽奇特 亲爱的 还好吗 |
[12:56] | Absolutely perfect. | 再好不过了 |
[13:30] | Okay, everyone, welcome. | 好了 欢迎大家 |
[13:32] | My name’s Harry. If we can all start, please, | 我叫哈利 我们要开始了 |
[13:35] | with a moment of silence. | 请大家安静一下 |
[13:45] | I should really begin with the childhood stuff. | 我真应该从我小时候开始讲起 |
[13:49] | I mean, that’s when it all starts, isn’t it? | 一切都是从那时开始的 不是吗 |
[13:53] | But I don’t want to go into all that so, fast-forward: | 但我不想再回忆一遍了 所以就快速带过吧 |
[13:54] | I’m 16 years old | 我16岁的时候 |
[13:58] | and I go on this school trip. | 参加了一次学校组织的郊游 |
[14:01] | I can’t actually remember where it was – Belgium or France… | 我记不太清是去哪了 比利时或法国吧 |
[14:17] | ..But when I was using, I found it easy to cross the road | 但当我吸毒时 我觉得过马路很轻松 |
[14:19] | because I genuinely didn’t care if I was run over or not. | 因为我真心不在乎会不会被车撞 |
[14:23] | But now I’m in recovery I’m fucking terrified. | 但现在我在康复期 我真是害怕死了 |
[14:27] | I walk for miles for a zebra crossing. | 我会走好几英里找斑马线过马路 |
[14:32] | Just this morning I found myself | 就在今早 我发现自己 |
[14:34] | chopping out lines of Colman’s Mustard Powder. | 把芥末粉弄成了一条条的 |
[14:37] | Little neat lines. | 整整齐齐 |
[14:40] | I make tea, and I find myself worrying | 我泡茶时 就会担心 |
[14:42] | that I’ve put too much sugar on the spoon. | 自己用茶匙舀了太多糖 |
[14:45] | I watch TV and I start to think I’m controlling it. | 我看电视 就会觉得电视是被我控制的 |
[14:49] | I couldn’t watch last night ’cause I was worried about | 我昨晚不敢看电视就是因为我担心 |
[14:51] | putting the weatherman off by staring at him. | 盯着天气预报员看会让他分心 |
[14:52] | So… | 所以 |
[14:54] | Sometimes I think, “Fuck it, what’s the point? | 我有时候想 “去你妈的 这有什么意义呢 |
[14:58] | Just…start…using again, | 复吸吧 |
[15:02] | What’s to stop you?” | 有什么理由能阻止你” |
[15:05] | Is…saying this out loud meant to help somehow? | 把这些说出来有什么帮助 |
[15:09] | Am I meant to feel better now? | 现在我应该好受点了吗 |
[15:15] | Anyway. | 就这些 |
[15:19] | – Thanks. – Thanks, Peter. | -谢谢 -谢谢你 皮特 |
[15:22] | So, anybody else | 还有人发言吗 |
[15:24] | Anyone who hasn’t spoken yet? | 还有人没发过言吗 |
[15:29] | Yeah. Hi. I’m Johnny. I’m an addict. | 有 大家好 我是约翰尼 我是个瘾君子 |
[15:32] | Hi, Johnny! | 你好 约翰尼 |
[15:33] | I’m going to a party tonight with a good friend, | 我今晚要和一个好朋友去参加聚会 |
[15:36] | also in recovery, not in NA. | 他也在康复期 不是戒毒互助组的 |
[15:38] | And I know there’ll be lots of drugs around, alcohol too… | 我知道到时会有很多毒品 还有酒 |
[15:42] | I’m going too! | 我也要去 |
[15:45] | – Hi, Johnny! – Hi. | -你好 约翰尼 -你好 |
[15:48] | Anyway, it’s a big party | 反正 这是场大派对 |
[15:50] | and I just feel… | 我觉得… |
[15:54] | ..under threat, I suppose. | 应该是诱惑重重 |
[15:57] | And I wanted to reaffirm my desire to stay clean today, | 我今天想再次确定我戒毒的决心 |
[16:02] | and hopefully keep my friend clean too. | 希望也能坚定我朋友的决心 |
[16:08] | Okay. Thanks. | 好了 谢谢 |
[16:10] | – Thanks, Johnny. – Thanks, Johnny. | -谢谢 约翰尼 -谢谢 约翰尼 |
[16:13] | Now before we finish, it’s newcomer time. | 在结束前 现在是新人发言时间 |
[16:17] | Newcomers only, please. Anyone? | 新来的才能发言 有人吗 |
[16:20] | Anyone? | 有人吗 |
[16:22] | Okay, if you could all join me in the Serenity Prayer. | 好吧 大家一起和我来做平静祷告 |
[16:28] | God, give me grace to accept with serenity | 主啊 请赐我恩典去泰然接受 |
[16:31] | the things that cannot be changed. | 那些不能改变之事 |
[16:34] | Courage to change the things which should be changed… | 赐我勇气去改变 那些应被改变之事 |
[17:03] | I knew you were talking about Cheatley! | 我就知道你说的是齐特利 |
[17:06] | Hey, but is it true that Patrick Melrose is coming? | 不过帕特里特·梅尔洛斯也真的会去吗 |
[17:09] | ‘Cause I’m not sure it’s good for people like us | 因为我不确定我们这种人 |
[17:10] | to be around that negativ– | 应该和那种有负面影响的人在一起 |
[17:12] | And here he is! | 他来了 |
[17:13] | – Hello, Patrick! – Amanda. | -你好 帕特里特 -阿曼达 |
[17:15] | Nice to see you out and about. | 很高兴看见你出来活动 |
[17:18] | Amanda was just wondering if you were coming to the party. | 阿曼达刚在问你去不去参加派对 |
[17:20] | – You know, I think I may. – Great! | -可能会去 -太好了 |
[17:23] | I’ll see you there! | 到那儿见 |
[17:25] | Might need you for an emergency meeting. | 可能要跟你开个紧急会议 |
[17:27] | I’ll feel safer knowing you’re there. | 知道你要去我更有安全感了 |
[17:29] | Okay. Bye. Patrick. | 好的 再见 帕特里克 |
[17:34] | She’s not an addict, she just likes a bit of coke. | 她不是瘾君子 她只是喜欢吸点可卡因 |
[17:37] | Amateur! | 是个外行 |
[17:39] | Honestly, I don’t know how you stand it. | 老实说 我不知道你是怎么忍下来的 |
[17:41] | The slogans, the fatuous jargon– | 那些口号 愚昧的术语 |
[17:44] | That’s not a reason to hope they fail. | 这不是希望他们戒毒失败的理由 |
[17:46] | I don’t hope they fail. | 我没有希望他们失败 |
[17:47] | I just don’t know how anybody can bear the hypocrisy. | 我只是不明白怎么有人能受得了这么虚伪的东西 |
[17:49] | They have a slogan for that too. “Fake it to make it.” | 他们对这个也有个口号 “假装去做到” |
[17:52] | Christ, it’s worse than I thought. | 老天 比我想得还糟 |
[17:53] | – It’s just a place to confess. – Fine. | -这只是个忏悔的地方 -好吧 |
[17:55] | If you confess to things that matter and people never do. | 除非你想忏悔一些重要而从未发生的事 |
[17:57] | Even so, if it helps to say these things out loud. | 就算是 大声说出来也是有帮助的 |
[17:59] | – But it’s just so unnecessary! – Why? | -但真的没那个必要 -为什么 |
[18:03] | Don’t you find it hard not to take drugs? | 你难道不觉得戒毒很难吗 |
[18:05] | Of course. It’s a fucking nightmare, being lucid. | 当然 戒毒的痛苦简直就是噩梦 |
[18:09] | My inner-life, Johnny, is an endless reel of decapitations | 约翰尼 那就像是身体里无休止的杀戮 |
[18:12] | and dogs fighting over the liver | 像恶狗在我的肝脏里撕咬 |
[18:13] | that I’d quite like back, thank you very much. | 那种感觉我不会想再经历 多谢提醒 |
[18:16] | Oblivion would be wonderful, | 如果我不惧怕忘记的痛苦 |
[18:18] | if I didn’t have this horror of forgetting. | 有些事我真想忘了 |
[18:21] | – Forgetting what? – Don’t try and make me share. | -什么事 -别想试图套我的话 |
[18:24] | Don’t try to recruit me to your little cult. | 别想拉我进你的小邪教组织 |
[18:31] | There are things I haven’t told anybody, and never will. | 有些事我从未向别人提起 以后也不会 |
[18:33] | Including you. | 包括你 |
[18:36] | Well, fine, then. I won’t ask. | 那好吧 我不会再问了 |
[18:39] | I’d just like some Earl Grey tea. Thank you very much! | 我正想来杯伯爵红茶 十分感谢 |
[18:44] | Mummy! Look what Granny got me! | 妈咪 看外婆给了我什么 |
[18:46] | – Would you like one? – You mustn’t give her sweets. | -你想来一颗吗 -你千万别给她糖吃 |
[18:49] | They’re very bad for her teeth. | 吃糖对牙齿不好 |
[18:50] | Nanny disapproves terribly. Don’t you, Nanny? | 保姆强烈反对她吃糖 对吧 |
[18:53] | Yes, I do. What are we talking about? | 是的 你们在说什么 |
[18:55] | No! Absolutely no sweeties in the nursery! | 不 绝对不能在儿童房里吃糖 |
[19:00] | I’m not in the nursery anymore! | 现在我不在房间里了 |
[19:03] | And now she’s over-excited! | 现在她又过于兴奋了 |
[19:07] | Perhaps she could just have one or two after dinner. | 也许晚餐后可以给她吃一两颗 |
[19:10] | Yes, now, the dinner. | 对了 说到晚餐 |
[19:12] | I meant to tell you, | 我该告诉你的 |
[19:13] | you’re going out for supper with our neighbors, | 你要和我们的邻居一起去外面吃 |
[19:15] | the Bossington-Lanes. | 博辛顿大道 |
[19:17] | It’s just gonna be so stuffy and formal here | 晚餐时这里会太沉闷 太正式 |
[19:19] | with Princess Margaret. | 玛格丽特公主要来 |
[19:21] | Oh, you don’t mind, do you? | 你不会介意吧 |
[19:23] | We just thought it’d be nicer, | 我们只是觉得如果出去吃 |
[19:24] | more relaxed, round their dinner table. | 你会更舒服 更放松 |
[19:26] | And then you can join us later for the big party, | 之后你可以来回来参加大派对 |
[19:29] | – you know, the exciting bit. – No, no, that sounds very nice. | -那才是重头戏 -不不 我不介意 |
[19:33] | Will you excuse me? I must just… | 抱歉失陪一下 我得… |
[19:39] | You deserve an Oscar. | 你该拿奥斯卡奖 |
[19:40] | – I’m thinking of her too! – Of course. | -我也是在为她着想 -当然 |
[19:44] | Is Granny upset? | 外婆伤心了吗 |
[19:46] | What on earth makes you say that? | 你怎么会那么想呢 |
[19:48] | She looked sad when she left. | 她离开的时候很难过 |
[19:49] | That’s just the way her face looks when it relaxes. | 那只是她放松时的正常表情 |
[19:53] | Well, must get on. So much still to do! | 好了继续吧 还有很多事没做呢 |
[20:25] | “Book early to avoid disappointment.” | “提前预订 避免失望” |
[20:33] | A man who’s run six marathons, | 这位跑过六次马拉松的人 |
[20:35] | has run from John o’ Groats to Land’s End. | 从英国的西南极端跑到了奥格罗茨 |
[20:40] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[20:41] | But as night falls, so will those temperatures. | 但夜幕降临时 气温也会随之降低 |
[20:44] | Nothing unusual for this time of year, | 近日无极端天气影响 |
[20:46] | and it’s gonna be a dry night, | 今晚将会是个明朗无雾的夜 |
[20:48] | but with temperatures of one… | 伴随着气温为… |
[20:54] | Temperatures of erm… | 气温为… |
[20:59] | Tomorrow, we’re looking at | 明天我们将关注… |
[21:27] | Good God, what an appalling dump. | 老天 这地方糟透了 |
[21:32] | You see what I’m reduced to? | 看见我沦落到什么地步了吗 |
[21:36] | Now, left or right? | 左边还是右边 |
[21:41] | Don’t mind. | 无所谓 |
[21:46] | I’m a very tired man. | 我很累了 |
[21:51] | Come and talk to me, Patrick. | 过来陪我聊聊 帕特里克 |
[21:58] | Patrick. Come and talk to your dear old dad. | 帕特里克 过来陪你亲爱的老爸聊聊 |
[22:07] | Please. | 求你了 |
[22:30] | I’m going to the bathroom. | 我要去洗手间 |
[22:35] | Well, don’t be long. | 别太久 |
[22:54] | Patrick? | 帕特里克 |
[23:01] | Patrick, where are you? | 帕特里克 你在哪 |
[23:04] | Patrick! | 帕特里克 |
[23:17] | Johnny, can we get out of here, as soon as possible? | 约翰尼 我们能赶紧离开这儿吗 |
[23:21] | Lines. Gloves. | 路线 手套 |
[23:24] | Now we’ll let you know when it’s time to come back. | 到时候我们会通知你回来 |
[23:26] | – Yes. – Not too early! | -好的 -别太早 |
[23:28] | – Righty-o! – Don’t say righty-o. | -妥妥的 -别那么说 |
[23:30] | I’m sorry. Must have got it from your father! | 抱歉 肯定是听你父亲这么说过 |
[23:32] | – Do you have some money? – Yes, yes, I think so. | -你身上带钱了吗 -带了带了 |
[23:34] | The taxi was a lot more expensive | 从车站打出租车 |
[23:36] | than I thought from the station. | 比我想象的贵多了 |
[23:37] | Here comes the Princess! She’s here! | 公主来了 她到了 |
[23:39] | For goodness sake, I’ll pay you back later. Just go! | 天啊 我会之后付给你的 快走吧 |
[23:41] | Drive, drive! | 开车 快开车 |
[23:48] | – Remember. Don’t fawn. – Righty-o. | -记住 别刻意奉承 -妥妥的 |
[23:51] | Not you too. | 你别也这样 |
[23:54] | – Bloody hell, Bridget. – Only the best for Sonny. | -老天啊 布丽奇特 -桑尼只要最好的 |
[24:01] | Stay close. Don’t go too far away, will you? | 待在附近别走远 可以吗 |
[24:04] | I won’t. | 好的 |
[24:07] | Hold your nerve. It’s gonna be fine. | 保持镇定 你能应付 |
[24:09] | So this old flame of yours, Bridget Gravesend, | 你那位旧情人布丽奇特·格雷夫森德 |
[24:12] | – she’s bien née? – Dear me, no. | -她是出身名门吗 -当然不是 |
[24:15] | Father was very used-car-salesman, | 她父亲是二手汽车销售员 |
[24:17] | mother pure Surrey Pines. | 母亲只是个小镇姑娘 |
[24:20] | “Not quite from the top basket,” As you say. | “都不是来自上流社会” 如你所说 |
[24:23] | All the old faces. | 全是熟面孔 |
[24:24] | I wouldn’t be surprised if my fucking father | 如果我那该死的老爸从哪根柱子后面蹦出来 |
[24:26] | leapt out from behind one of these pillars. | 我一点都不会惊讶 |
[24:30] | Champagne, gentlemen? | 先生们 要喝香槟吗 |
[24:31] | – No. – No, thank you. | -不用 -不了 谢谢 |
[24:33] | Years since I’ve talked to strangers without drugs. | 我很久没在不嗑药时和陌生人聊天了 |
[24:36] | Even when we did take drugs, | 就算是我们嗑药那会儿 |
[24:37] | all we ever saw was the inside of loos. | 我们看到的也只是厕所里面 |
[24:39] | Yes. Nowadays when I go to the loo, I say to myself, | 对 现在我去厕所时 我对自己说 |
[24:42] | “What are you doing here? You don’t take drugs anymore.” | “你在这干嘛 你已经不嗑药了” |
[24:44] | It’s only after I’ve stormed out that I remember I need a piss. | 我冲出厕所后才意识到我是要撒尿 |
[24:47] | I suppose “the young” will be taking ecstasy this evening. | 我想那些”年轻人”今晚会吃摇头丸 |
[24:50] | Ecstasy, the non-addictive high. | 摇头丸 非成瘾的快感 |
[24:53] | Call me old-fashioned, | 说我老土吧 |
[24:54] | but I don’t really see the attraction of a non-addictive drug. | 但我真不明白非成瘾的毒品有什么好 |
[24:57] | If it doesn’t fuck you up, what’s the point? | 如果不会毁了你 那吸来干嘛 |
[25:01] | Christ, I need a drink! | 天啊 我得喝一杯 |
[25:04] | – No, thank you. – No, thank you. | -不了 谢谢 -不用 谢谢 |
[25:06] | Look, I feel a bit stupid, saying this to you, | 和你说这个 我感觉有点傻 |
[25:08] | but…if you did want to talk– | 但如果你真的想聊聊… |
[25:10] | For fuck’s sake, stop trying to recruit me. | 天啊 别再试图拉我去了 |
[25:13] | – Purely as a friend. – I’m sorry. | -只是以朋友的身份聊 -对不起 |
[25:17] | Patrick Melrose. I kept hearing you’d died. | 帕特里克·梅尔罗斯 我一直听说你不在了 |
[25:19] | Only once or twice. | 死过一两回而已 |
[25:22] | Bridget, you look lovely. | 布丽奇特 你看起来特别美 |
[25:23] | It’s true, you do. | 真的 你真的很美 |
[25:24] | Thank you, both of you. | 谢谢你们 |
[25:26] | Now, I’ve put you next to someone who’ll keep an eye on you. | 我把你安排坐在会照看你的人边上 |
[25:29] | My cousin, Mary. | 我的表妹 玛丽 |
[25:31] | Her Royal Highness, Princess Margaret. | 玛格丽特公主殿下 |
[25:33] | Here she is. | 她来了 |
[25:34] | Remember don’t sit down until P.M. sits down! | 记着千万别在玛格丽特公主入座前坐下 |
[25:39] | Ma’am! | 夫人 |
[25:42] | Of course I love the countryside, | 我当然喜欢乡下 |
[25:43] | but I do wish everything would stay still. | 但我真的希望一切都静止 |
[25:45] | I’m so aesthetic. | 我很在乎美感 |
[25:46] | I want to arrange the cows | 我想排列好奶牛 |
[25:48] | and then glue them to the spot. | 然后把它们黏在定点上 |
[25:50] | Tony, you are funny! | 托尼 你太逗了 |
[25:52] | What’s he doing here, anyway? Bloody Rasputin! | 他到底来干嘛 该死的拉斯普京 |
[25:55] | You’re ridiculous, a ridiculous snob. | 你真可笑 可笑的势利鬼 |
[25:57] | – Ma’am, if I could just– – Why? | -夫人 我能否… -为什么 |
[26:00] | – Where am I sitting? – Next to the French Ambassador. | -我坐在哪儿 -挨着法国大使 |
[26:07] | I think it was Marcel Proust who said | 我想是马塞尔·普鲁斯特说过[法国作家] |
[26:09] | that the number of guests at a dinner | 晚宴客人的数量 |
[26:11] | should be more than the Graces, | 应该大于美惠女神的数目[3] |
[26:13] | but less than the Muses. | 但少于缪斯女神的数目[9] |
[26:15] | But this is absolutely extraordinary. | 但这真是太盛大了 |
[26:17] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[26:19] | Shall we get started? | 我们开始吧 |
[26:33] | Fuck. | 操 |
[26:43] | My lady-in-waiting turned to the taxi driver and said, | 我的侍女对着出租车司机说 |
[26:46] | “Take us to the Royal Garden Hotel.” | “送我们去皇家花园酒店” |
[26:48] | Which, as you know, is at the bottom of the drive. | 你也知道 这个酒店是在路的尽头 |
[26:51] | And the taxi driver nodded at me and said, | 出租车司机对着我点点头说 |
[26:54] | “I know where she lives!” | “我知道她住在哪儿” |
[26:57] | What a wonderful story! | 这故事真棒 |
[27:00] | What wonderful people! Salt of the earth. | 他们真棒 模范公民 |
[27:03] | One does like to travel… | 人的确喜欢旅行… |
[27:05] | I saw you earlier. | 我之前见过你 |
[27:08] | In reception. We’re staying at the same hotel. | 在前台 我们住在同一家酒店 |
[27:12] | Home of the famous Cotswold Carvery. | 著名的科茨沃尔德烤羊肉之乡 |
[27:15] | “Book early to avoid disappointment.” | “提前预订 避免失望” |
[27:17] | Yes, if only I’d known it was so easy. | 是的 我要早知道这么简单就好了 |
[27:22] | Would you rather be there than here? | 比起这儿 你更愿意去那里吗 |
[27:25] | Almost anywhere. | 几乎哪里都比这儿强 |
[27:27] | Except if I wasn’t here, | 只是如果我不在这儿 |
[27:29] | this is the only place I’d want to be. | 这里就是我唯一想去的地方 |
[27:31] | So…how do you manage? | 那你怎么做到的 |
[27:36] | To avoid disappointment. | 避免失望 |
[27:40] | It’s impossible. | 不可能的 |
[27:42] | Salvation crumbles the moment you touch it. | 救赎一触即散 |
[27:46] | I mean, look at all these people: | 看看这些人 |
[27:48] | snobs, social climbers, | 势利小人 巴结权贵之徒 |
[27:51] | museum pieces. | 老古董 |
[27:54] | I must say, I’m not sure why I’m here either. | 我必须说 我也不知道我为什么在这儿 |
[27:57] | I think Bridget likes the family to know she’s arrived. | 我觉得布丽奇喜欢让家人知道她爬上去了 |
[28:00] | I’m sure. But arrived where? | 的确 但爬到哪儿呢 |
[28:07] | What is this? Venison? | 这是什么 鹿肉吗 |
[28:09] | It’s hard to tell in this murky sauce. | 浇了黑糊糊的酱汁 看不出来 |
[28:12] | Yes, it is venison. I’m awfully sorry about the sauce. | 对 是鹿肉 很抱歉酱汁这么糟 |
[28:14] | It’s perfectly disgusting. | 真是恶心透了 |
[28:17] | Do you like it? It’s venison. | 你喜欢吗 是鹿肉 |
[28:20] | Really, it is something absolutely marvelous. | 真是好吃极了 |
[28:23] | And the sauce, it’s so subtle. | 酱汁味道非常精妙 |
[28:26] | I didn’t know one could find such cooking in this country… | 我都不知道这个国家有这么好的厨艺 |
[28:30] | Ma’am. | 夫人 |
[28:32] | Ma’am. I’m sorry. The sauce. | 夫人 对不起 酱汁撒到您身上 |
[28:34] | Wipe. | 擦干净 |
[28:37] | – I beg your pardon? – I said wipe. | -什么 -我说擦干净 |
[28:45] | Yes. Sure. | 好的 没问题 |
[28:48] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[28:54] | I thought I couldn’t dislike the sauce more | 酱汁在我盘子里时 |
[28:55] | when it was on my plate. | 我还以为我不可能更讨厌它了呢 |
[28:57] | The sauce has been a disaster, Ma’am, I’m so sorry. | 酱汁糟透了 对不起 夫人 |
[29:01] | There’s no need for you to apologize. | 你不用道歉 |
[29:03] | – Look, another one. – Jacques– | -看 还有一处 -雅克 |
[29:05] | Jacqueline, I have done something unpardonable. | 杰奎琳 我做了不可原谅的事 |
[29:08] | Ma’am, let me help you. | 夫人 让我来吧 |
[29:10] | No. He spilt it. He should wipe it up! | 不用 他洒的 就让他来擦 |
[29:13] | – Yes. – In fact, | -是的 -事实上 |
[29:14] | one feels he could have had a great career in dry-cleaning | 某些人要不是因为被耽搁了 |
[29:16] | if he hadn’t been blown off course. | 本来能在干洗这一行发展得很不错呢 |
[29:19] | Allez, Jacques, that’s enough. | 快点 雅克 已经够了 |
[29:20] | There’s another spot there. Wipe it up! | 那里还有一块污渍 擦干净 |
[29:23] | C’est insupportable! | 这太过分了 |
[29:25] | What is “Insupportable” Is being showered | 被这种恶心的酱汁浇到 |
[29:28] | with this revolting sauce! | 才叫过分 |
[29:30] | I needn’t remind you that | 我不用提醒你 |
[29:31] | your husband is Ambassador to the Court of St. James! | 你丈夫在圣詹姆斯法庭担任大使吧 |
[30:00] | Silence. I don’t approve of silences! | 沉默 我不喜欢沉默 |
[30:06] | I get fallow deer sent to me from Richmond Park. | 我会收到里士满公园送来的黇鹿 |
[30:09] | You have to be on the list. | 得在名单上才能收到 |
[30:11] | The Queen said to me, “Put yourself on the list.” So I did. | 女王说”把你自己列入名单里” 我就照做了 |
[30:14] | How very sensible, Ma’am. | 十分明智 夫人 |
[30:16] | What I admire about Princess Margaret | 我最佩服玛格丽特公主的一点就是 |
[30:18] | is the way she puts everyone at their ease. | 她总能让所有人都感到自在 |
[30:23] | Are you alright? | 你还好吗 |
[30:29] | Putain de merde! | 操他妈的 |
[30:39] | Hello, little girl. | 你好 小姑娘 |
[30:42] | Who are you? | 你是谁呀 |
[30:45] | I’m Belinda. | 我是贝琳达 |
[30:47] | Is Princess Margaret in there? | 玛格丽特公主在里面吗 |
[30:50] | Remind me, Sonny, do you have any children? | 我忘了 桑尼 你有孩子吗 |
[30:53] | Yes, indeed, Ma’am. A daughter, seven years old. | 有的 夫人 一个女儿 七岁 |
[30:56] | No male heir, then? | 那就是没有男性继承人了 |
[30:59] | Even so, I’m very fond of her. | 即使如此 我还是很喜欢她 |
[31:01] | Of course, in many ways I feel responsible. | 当然了 在很多方面我觉得自己有责任 |
[31:04] | It was I, after all, | 毕竟 是我 |
[31:05] | who introduced the humble Miss Watson-Scott, as she then was, | 在你亲爱的父亲家里 |
[31:09] | to the beau monde at your dear father’s house. | 把当时身份低微的沃森-斯科特小姐带进了上流社会 |
[31:12] | Who knew then she was destined to command the heights of society? | 谁又知道她注定会左右上层社会呢 |
[31:17] | You’re very lucky, you know, a reprobate like you, | 你很幸运 像你这样堕落的人 |
[31:20] | to be invited to this glittering occasion. | 能被邀请到这种盛大场合 |
[31:23] | I’m eternally grateful. | 我感激不尽 |
[31:25] | – How are you managing? – Dying for a drink. | -你还撑得住吗 -很想喝酒 |
[31:29] | Well, this is quite delicious, you have my sympathy. | 这酒确实不错 我很同情你 |
[31:34] | I’ve never been a heroin addict | 我从未有过毒瘾 |
[31:35] | but I did have to give up cigarettes, | 但我曾不得不戒烟 |
[31:37] | – which was quite hard enough. – Oh dear. | -对我来说相当艰难 -天啊 |
[31:39] | – Do you think someone– – Will you excuse me a moment? | -是不是该去… -失陪一下 |
[31:46] | Are you looking for someone? | 你在找谁吗 |
[31:49] | I wanted to meet Princess Margaret. | 我想见见玛格丽特公主 |
[31:52] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[31:53] | Well, I think you’d be better off without, believe me. | 我觉得你不要见她比较好 相信我 |
[31:57] | Why don’t we ask your mother to come over? | 我们去叫你母亲过来好吗 |
[31:59] | Look. There’s a little person who can’t sleep. | 瞧 来了位睡不着觉的小家伙 |
[32:04] | Who is that? | 那是谁 |
[32:05] | I’m afraid it’s my daughter, Ma’am. | 恐怕那是我的女儿 夫人 |
[32:08] | – She should be in bed. – Thank you, Patrick. | -她该睡觉了 -谢谢 帕特里克 |
[32:11] | Darling, what are you doing up? This is a dinner for grown-ups. | 宝贝 你怎么还没睡 这是成年人的晚宴 |
[32:14] | – Which one’s Princess Margaret? – Yes. | -哪一个是玛格丽特公主 -是啊 |
[32:17] | Why don’t you get your mother to present you to her? | 何不让你母亲把你介绍给她呢 |
[32:19] | Will you, Mummy? | 可以吗 妈妈 |
[32:21] | – Please. – Are you involved in politics? | -求你了 -你参与政治吗 |
[32:22] | For my own part, I don’t mind who’s in government | 就我而言 我不介意谁执政 |
[32:24] | as long as they’re good at governing. | 只要他们治理得不错就行了 |
[32:26] | What we must avoid at all costs is these windscreen wipers: | 无论如何都得避开的是那种墙头草 |
[32:30] | left, right, left, right… | 左 右 左 右 |
[32:32] | – Ma’am, I’d like to introduce– – Not now. | -夫人 我想给您介绍下… -现在不行 |
[32:34] | She should be in bed. She’ll only get over-excited. | 她该上床睡觉了 不然只会变得过于兴奋 |
[32:37] | Quite right. Honestly, darling, how did she escape? | 没错 说真的 亲爱的 她怎么跑出来的 |
[32:42] | Go on. | 走吧 |
[32:43] | Now, I really think it’s about time we joined the others. | 我觉得我们是时候加入其他人了 |
[32:47] | Must we? | 一定要吗 |
[32:49] | We’ve been having such a cozy time. | 我们在这儿挺舒心的 |
[32:51] | I do so hate big parties. | 我真讨厌大型派对 |
[32:54] | So do I. It was all my wife’s idea. | 我也是 全是我妻子的主意 |
[33:32] | Sonny and I are so grateful to you. | 桑尼和我真的很感谢你 |
[33:34] | Anything for Sonny. Try to avoid Bridget, though. | 只要桑尼需要尽管找我 但尽量避开布丽奇特 |
[33:37] | – She can be rather fierce. – Of course. | -她有时候会相当暴躁 -没问题 |
[33:39] | If security asks, you’re to pretend to be my wife. | 如果保安问到 你是来扮成我妻子的 |
[33:43] | How far am I meant to go with that? | 我要装到什么地步呢 |
[33:54] | Patrick’s here. | 帕特里克在这呢 |
[33:57] | Oh Christ. | 天啊 |
[34:04] | Sir. | 先生 |
[34:18] | My dear, what a nice surprise! | 天啊 真是个惊喜 |
[34:21] | George! | 乔治 |
[34:23] | I’m sitting here because I can’t hear anything otherwise. | 我坐在这儿是因为我在其他地方什么都听不见 |
[34:27] | I thought people were supposed to lead lives of quiet desperation. | 我以为人都应该活在安静的绝望中 |
[34:30] | Not quiet enough. | 还不够安静 |
[34:33] | Have you found something that you enjoy doing? | 你有找到什么喜欢做的事吗 |
[34:37] | Yes, but sadly I’ve had to give that up. | 有 但很遗憾我不得不放弃了 |
[34:40] | Then you’re guilty of the greatest sin of all. | 那你就是犯了最大的一种罪 |
[34:42] | – Am I? – Wasting time. | -是吗 -浪费时间 |
[34:45] | You must make a contribution. | 你必须有所贡献 |
[34:47] | No man is an island, | 没有人是一座孤岛 |
[34:48] | though there are a surprising number here who own one. | 虽然这里的很多人倒是真有一座岛 |
[34:50] | and not just in Scotland. | 还不只是苏格兰周围的岛 |
[34:53] | Though, of course you’re right. | 但你确实是对的 |
[34:56] | and my father once said to me, | 我父亲曾经对我说过 |
[34:58] | “If you have a talent, use it. | “善用你的天赋 |
[35:02] | Or you’ll be miserable all your life.” | 否则你这辈子都会很悲惨” |
[35:06] | It was just about the only non-hostile remark he ever made. | 这是他说过的唯一一句不含恶意的话 |
[35:09] | He was a very brilliant man, | 他是个非常聪明的人 |
[35:11] | but he was never happy, I think. | 但他应该从来都不快乐 |
[35:14] | Yes, well…I hardly ever think of him these days. | 是的 不过我现在很少想起他了 |
[35:18] | He would’ve hated you to make the same mistakes, Patrick. | 他绝不想看到你重蹈他的覆辙 帕特里克 |
[35:24] | No more wasted time. | 别再浪费时间了 |
[35:31] | I…I must…go and find my… | 我得去找我的… |
[35:34] | Yes, yes, yes. Go. Go. | 好的好的 去吧 |
[35:46] | – Patrick. – Debbie. | -帕特里克 -黛比 |
[35:48] | You look lovely. | 你看起来真漂亮 |
[35:50] | But then you always did at parties. | 不过你在派对上一向很漂亮 |
[35:51] | I’m surprised you remember. | 你竟然还记得 |
[35:53] | You were either upstairs in bed with someone else, | 你那时不是在楼上和别人上床 |
[35:55] | or passed out in the loo. | 就是在厕所里晕过去了 |
[35:56] | Yes, that’s actually something I wanted to talk to you about. | 是啊 其实我正想和你说这件事 |
[35:59] | I don’t think I was terribly nice to you and I– | 我觉得我当时对你不太好 我… |
[36:01] | I know this one. This is a 12-step thing, isn’t it? | 我知道这是干什么 12步戒毒法对吧 |
[36:04] | I’m part of your “moral inventory”. | 我是你”道德自省”的一部分吧 |
[36:07] | – No, I just– – Will you excuse me? | -不 我只是… -失陪了 |
[36:09] | David, Cindy! | 大卫 辛迪 |
[36:12] | Cindy. You made it! | 辛迪 你来了 |
[36:14] | Happy birthday, darling. | 生日快乐 亲爱的 |
[36:16] | Sonny, are you sure this is all above board? | 桑尼 你确定能这么光明正大吗 |
[36:19] | Bridget just gave me the most terrible scowling look. | 布丽奇特刚刚狠狠盯了我一眼 |
[36:22] | Just stick to the story. | 按编好的剧本说 |
[36:24] | You met Cindy, your wife couldn’t come, | 你遇见了辛迪 而你太太又来不了 |
[36:25] | asked her instead, didn’t check | 就让她陪你来 没先跟我们说 |
[36:27] | it’s nothing to do with me. | 和我一点关系都没有 |
[36:28] | Right. So… | 好吧 |
[36:30] | I met Cindy, wife couldn’t come, asked Cindy instead… | 我遇见了辛迪 我老婆来不了 让辛迪来 |
[36:38] | – Hello, you. – Happy birthday, darling. | -你好呀 -生日快乐 亲爱的 |
[36:43] | So glad you’re here. | 真高兴你来了 |
[36:45] | It’s the best birthday present– | 这是我最好的生日礼物 |
[36:46] | What I find with beautiful women | 我发现漂亮女人有个共性 |
[36:48] | is that after one’s waited around for ages, | 要是一个人孤独等待了很久很久 |
[36:50] | they all arrive at once, like buses are supposed to do. | 她们就会蜂拥而至 和公交车一样 |
[36:55] | Not that I’ve ever waited around for a bus. | 虽说我从来没等过公交车 |
[36:58] | Look at Princess Margaret. | 看看玛格丽特公主 |
[37:00] | One has to be careful not to trip over her. | 人们可得小心 别被她绊倒 |
[37:02] | That was quite a scene. | 刚才那场面真难堪 |
[37:05] | Yes, I do admire P.M. | 是啊 我很敬佩玛格丽特公主 |
[37:07] | She has something of your father’s joie-de-vivre. | 她和你父亲一样懂得享受生活 |
[37:10] | – Imagine if they’d met! – Imagine. | -想想看他们相遇的场面 -可以想象 |
[37:12] | The way she used a minor accident | 她用一个小意外 |
[37:15] | to screw maximum humiliation out of the Ambassador. | 让大使出了大洋相 |
[37:19] | Of course I’m absolutely devoted to his wife, who, | 我倒是相当佩服他夫人 |
[37:23] | behind that phoney chic, is a genuinely malicious person. | 那副光鲜面孔下藏了颗阴险恶毒的心 |
[37:26] | – And here they are! – Will you excuse me? | -他们来了 -我先失陪了 |
[37:29] | I must go and talk to our hostess. | 我得去和女主人聊聊 |
[37:32] | I hope we didn’t drive away your young friend. | 希望我们没吓跑你那年轻的朋友 |
[37:35] | – He seemed very nervous. – We can get on without him. | -他看起来很紧张 -没有他我们也能聊 |
[37:37] | Mon cher Jacques, I thought you were absolutely brilliant, | 亲爱的雅克 你对付那个讨厌女人的手段 |
[37:40] | the way you handled that tiresome woman. | 真是非常高明 |
[37:43] | Thank you, but I feel the royal presence bearing down on us. | 谢谢 但我觉得有王室成员在降低了聚会乐趣 |
[37:46] | Maybe we could explore the depths of the party. | 或许我们应该探索一下聚会的意义 |
[37:49] | My dear fellow, you are the depths of the party. | 我亲爱的朋友 你就是聚会的意义 |
[37:53] | Au revoir! | 再见 |
[37:54] | A tout l’heure. | 一会儿见 |
[37:56] | Consorting with the enemy? | 和敌人闲混呢 |
[37:57] | They came to me for sympathy, Ma’am. | 他们来找我寻求安慰 女士 |
[37:59] | I told them they’d come to the wrong place! | 我说他们找错人了 |
[38:01] | He’s a clumsy fool, | 他就是个笨手笨脚的傻瓜 |
[38:03] | and as to his absurd wife… | 至于他那烦人的老婆… |
[38:05] | Hello, there! Isn’t this a lovely party? | 你们好 这派对是不是很棒 |
[38:09] | Ma’am. | 夫人 |
[38:11] | I’ll come and find you later, alright? | 我过会儿再来找你 好吗 |
[38:15] | Yes. | 好的 |
[38:18] | – Who was that? – My daughter. | -那是谁 -我女儿 |
[38:22] | Now, where was I? I’ve quite lost my flow… | 我刚说到哪儿了 我节奏都乱了… |
[38:27] | The main thing I remember, | 我印象最深的事 |
[38:28] | apart from your poisonous father, | 除了你那讨厌鬼父亲以外 |
[38:31] | was that beautiful house. | 就是那栋漂亮的房子 |
[38:33] | Nothing compared to all of this. | 跟这一切没得比 |
[38:36] | Yes, it’s funny how things turn out. | 是啊 世事变迁还挺有意思的 |
[38:38] | It’s all lovely, I just wish it wasn’t full of such awful shits. | 一切都很棒 我只希望没这么多垃圾待在这 |
[38:42] | Not you, of course. Or Mummy. | 当然不包括你 还有妈妈 |
[38:47] | You seemed… incredibly cool to me, | 我当时觉得你…非常酷 |
[38:50] | unlike my parents’ usual crowd. | 不像我父母平时来往的人 |
[38:52] | And kinder too. | 也更友善 |
[38:53] | Kind? | 友善 |
[38:54] | You’re sure you’re not confusing me with someone else? | 你确定不是把我记成别人了吗 |
[38:57] | You wouldn’t be an angel and talk to her for a second, would you? | 你愿意跟她聊一会儿吗 |
[39:00] | Mummy, mummy. | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[39:02] | This is my old friend Patrick Melrose. | 这是我的老朋友帕特里克·梅尔罗斯 |
[39:05] | Yes, I remember. | 我记得他 |
[39:06] | So. Quite a party! | 这派对真盛大啊 |
[39:15] | Bridget! Lovely party! | 布丽奇特 派对很棒 |
[39:17] | I just want to clarify… | 我只是想澄清下 |
[39:19] | I met Cindy, my wife couldn’t come, so… | 我遇到了辛迪 我妻子不能来 所以… |
[39:26] | ..Starts to show. May I touch it? | 开始显怀了 我能摸摸吗 |
[39:28] | Sonny. There’s nothing to touch. | 桑尼 有什么好摸的 |
[39:31] | Not for weeks yet. | 还没几个星期呢 |
[39:48] | What is it, darling? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[39:52] | I just saw Cindy Smith with Sonny. | 我刚看到辛迪·史密斯和桑尼在一起 |
[39:53] | I said we shouldn’t invite her | 我说我们不该邀请她 |
[39:55] | ’cause we didn’t know her and now she’s here. | 因为我们不认识她 可她还是来了 |
[39:58] | – I’m just being paranoid. – Yes, yes. Probably. | -我只是有点偏执 -是啊 大概吧 |
[40:01] | Probably paranoid? | 大概是偏执 |
[40:04] | Is there somewhere we can go? | 我们能去别处说吗 |
[40:17] | Joe Wagner on the saxophone. | 萨克斯手乔·瓦格纳 |
[40:21] | Patrick Melrose, why aren’t you drinking? | 帕特里克·梅尔罗斯 你怎么不喝酒 |
[40:24] | – Happy birthday, Sonny! – Don Wills on the trombone! | -生日快乐 桑尼 -长号手唐·威尔斯 |
[40:28] | You know, I frightfully dislike this bit. | 我非常讨厌这一点 |
[40:30] | What makes you think we wanna know their names? | 凭什么认为我们想知道他们的名字呢 |
[40:34] | Saw you talking to Bridget… | 我看到你跟布丽奇特聊天 |
[40:36] | Chilly Willy Watson on cornet. | 短号手奇力·威利 |
[40:38] | She looked awfully stormy. | 她看上去无比暴躁 |
[40:42] | Sonny, may I steal Patrick for a moment? | 桑尼 我能跟帕特里克说句话吗 |
[40:47] | – Chilly Willy Watson! – You alright? | -奇力·威利·沃森 -你还好吧 |
[40:51] | – Yes, sorry, I… I just thought I… – Let’s go here. | -没事 抱歉 我想我… -这边说 |
[40:57] | I thought I’d save you from our host. | 我想着要把你从男主人那里救出来 |
[41:00] | There’s an air of palpable stupidity that comes off that man, | 那人散发着扑面而来的愚蠢气息 |
[41:03] | like opening the door to a sauna. | 就像打开桑拿房门一样 |
[41:06] | – It makes sense. – No. | -有道理 -不 |
[41:08] | No, I can’t tell her tonight. | 不 我今晚不能告诉她 |
[41:10] | You can tell her I’m… | 你可以告诉她我… |
[41:11] | My God, look at them all. | 天啊 看看这帮人 |
[41:13] | I remember these people from my childhood. | 我从小就认识这些人了 |
[41:15] | Hard and dull. | 冷酷又无趣 |
[41:17] | They’re the last Marxists. | 他们是最后的马克思主义者 |
[41:20] | The last people to believe class is a total explanation. | 最后一群相信阶级能解释一切的人 |
[41:25] | Let’s get out of here. Come on. | 我们离开这儿 走吧 |
[41:32] | What are you two muttering about? | 你们俩嘀咕什么呢 |
[41:34] | Hello, stranger. | 你好啊 陌生人 |
[41:36] | Oh, Christ. | 老天 |
[41:37] | Johnny, Patrick, this is my husband. | 约翰尼 帕特里克 这是我丈夫 |
[41:40] | – This is Angus. – Quite a party. | -他叫安格斯 -派对真热闹 |
[41:43] | Must have cost a pretty penny, eh? | 肯定花了一大笔钱吧 |
[41:46] | My husband is obsessed with how much everything costs. | 我丈夫执迷于计算花销 |
[41:51] | Why don’t you get me a drink? They’re free. | 不如去给我拿杯喝的 酒水免费 |
[41:53] | – Johnny will help you. – Actually, | -约翰尼会帮你的 -其实 |
[41:54] | – Johnny and I were just about to– – Come on! | -约翰尼和我正要… -来吧 |
[41:57] | Come on, then. | 来啊 |
[42:00] | He looked so good on paper | 他表面多么风光 |
[42:02] | but he’s completely obsessed with whether a cheap-day return | 其实他连特价往返票不使用回程 |
[42:05] | is refundable if you don’t use the second half. | 能否退费 都斤斤计较 |
[42:10] | Shall we go exploring? It’s very good to see you again. | 我们去聊聊吧 再见到你真是太好了 |
[42:14] | I thought perhaps you’d been avoiding me. | 我想你也许把我当成不良影响了 |
[42:16] | – As a bad influence. – Not you. The world. | -避之不及 -不是躲你 是躲世界 |
[42:20] | Well… You’re here now. | 反正你来了 |
[42:24] | Perhaps we can liven up this dreary party. | 也许我们能让这无聊的派对活跃起来 |
[42:28] | You certainly have to kick a lot of bodies to find a live one. | 你确实得踢遍很多死尸才能发现一个活的 |
[42:30] | Tony’s got some charlie. | 托尼有一些可卡因 |
[42:32] | I suppose that’s against the rules now. | 我猜现在这是违反规定的 |
[42:34] | – Is it? – I think technically, yes. | -对吗 -理论上说是的 |
[42:37] | Christ, why are you all so dull? | 老天 你们为什么都如此无趣 |
[42:41] | Men used to talk to me about how they used butter for sex. | 以前男人跟我聊他们怎样用黄油做爱 |
[42:44] | Now they tell me how they’ve eliminated it from their diet. | 现在他们告诉我为了健康戒掉黄油了 |
[42:49] | Look, there’s Debbie. Doesn’t she look beautiful? | 看 那是黛比 她很美吧 |
[42:54] | Very. | 非常美 |
[42:56] | I suppose I’d better go and find Johnny. | 我想我该去找约翰尼了 |
[42:58] | – We could always go upstairs. – Upstairs. What for? | -我们随时可以上楼 -上楼干嘛 |
[43:02] | For sex. No strings. | 做爱 没有附加条件 |
[43:07] | Well, I suppose it’s something to do. | 好吧 我想可以来一发 |
[43:09] | – Thank you. – No, no, I’m very keen. | -谢谢你 -不不 我很愿意 |
[43:13] | Well, come on, then, let’s go. | 那就来吧 我们走 |
[43:23] | – I’m sorry, ma’am, the house– – We’re staying here. | -抱歉女士 不能… -我们住这儿 |
[43:28] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[43:36] | I can’t help thinking this is a terrible idea. | 我还是这觉得这主意糟透了 |
[43:42] | Listen! | 听 |
[43:43] | ..Humiliating that is! | 多么丢脸 |
[43:44] | Please talk about this in the morning. | 明早再说可以吗 |
[43:46] | We will talk about it now! | 我们就要现在说 |
[43:47] | Our guests are beginning to wonder where we– | 客人们开始起疑我们去哪儿了 |
[43:49] | I don’t care about your fucking guests! | 我才不管你的狗屁客人 |
[43:52] | Tell me, is it the first time… | 你说 这是不是第一次… |
[43:55] | You must have heard. | 你一定听说了 |
[43:57] | – About the affair? – Oh, it gets better. | -婚外情吗 -更刺激了 |
[43:59] | Cindy’s pregnant with a precious boy-child. | 辛迪怀了一个宝贝男胎 |
[44:02] | Sonny’s so desperate for a male heir | 桑尼太渴望有一个男性继承人 |
[44:04] | he’s going to make Cindy next Countess of Gravesend. | 他打算让辛迪成为新的格雷夫森德伯爵夫人 |
[44:06] | Poor Bridget. | 可怜的布丽奇特 |
[44:07] | Like some tin-pot Henry VIII. | 就像卑微的亨利八世 |
[44:09] | Honestly, you have to laugh. | 老实说 我不笑不行 |
[44:11] | Well, you don’t have to laugh. | 不笑没什么不行 |
[44:13] | Oh, don’t be so pious. Serves her right. | 别这么伪善 是她活该 |
[44:16] | – What for? – You know what for. | -为什么 -你知道为什么 |
[44:18] | All that climbing. No wonder she looks so tired. | 趋炎附势 难怪她看上去这么疲惫 |
[44:23] | You know, I have my reservations about your character. | 知道吗 我保留对你的看法 |
[44:25] | Me too. Quick. Let’s go. | 我也是 赶紧走吧 |
[44:26] | Did you fuck her here? | 你在这儿跟她上床了 |
[44:27] | No! Yes, yes, alright, but not in our bedroom! | 没有 好吧 有 但没在我们卧室 |
[44:45] | Guess who I’m having an affair with? | 你猜我在跟谁有婚外情 |
[44:48] | Do we have to talk about this now? | 非要现在聊这个吗 |
[44:50] | Your friend Johnny. | 你朋友约翰尼 |
[44:56] | That’s completely put me off. | 这让我性致全无 |
[44:58] | I thought you might want to steal me back. | 我以为你会想把我抢回来 |
[45:02] | Johnny’s perfectly nice but that’s the problem. | 约翰尼人很好 但那正是问题所在 |
[45:07] | I was so pleased when I found out you were coming tonight. | 我得知你今晚要来 我很开心 |
[45:11] | Patrick Melrose. | 帕特里克·梅尔罗斯 |
[45:14] | It took me by surprise. | 让我措手不及 |
[45:17] | – The fact is, I’ve missed you. – Me… Me too. | -事实上 我很想你 -我也是 |
[45:20] | But I think… | 但是… |
[45:24] | I think I’d prefer to remain friends with Johnny. | 我更想继续跟约翰尼当朋友 |
[45:28] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[45:30] | I just don’t want any more irony and tension. | 我只是不想再有讽刺和冲突 |
[45:33] | But you love irony and tension! | 可你就喜欢讽刺和冲突啊 |
[45:35] | I think you imagine everyone else is just like you. | 我想你以为大家都跟你一样 |
[45:38] | Fuck off, Patrick. | 滚开 帕特里克 |
[45:39] | Alright, I think we’d better go down, don’t you? | 好了 我们还是下去吧 |
[45:43] | Before we have a row. | 不然我们会吵起来 |
[45:45] | – You go first. – God, you’re a pain. | -你先走 -天啊 你真混蛋 |
[46:04] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[46:26] | I broke a glass. Don’t tell my father. | 我打碎了一个玻璃杯 别告诉我爸爸 |
[46:29] | What about your mother? Do you want to tell your mother? | 那你妈妈呢 你想告诉你妈妈吗 |
[46:31] | Patrick…what is it, love? | 帕特里克 怎么了 宝贝 |
[46:35] | What would you have said to him? | 你会告诉他什么 |
[46:53] | I was looking for you. Where have you been? | 我到处找你 你到哪儿去了 |
[46:56] | Nowhere. I wonder – can we find somewhere to talk? | 没去哪儿 我们能找个地方谈谈吗 |
[46:59] | – Yeah. – Sorry. | -好 -抱歉 |
[47:03] | I told you there’s something I’ve never said out loud | 我说过 有件事我从未说出来过 |
[47:06] | and never would. And now I’m going to. | 也永远不会说 现在我要告诉你 |
[47:09] | Forgive my inarticulacy, it’s not that I’m embarrassed, | 原谅我口齿不清 我并不感到尴尬 |
[47:11] | it’s just… I don’t want it to be a burden for you. | 只是 我不希望这变成你的负担 |
[47:14] | Just go ahead. | 你就直说吧 |
[47:17] | So. | 那么 |
[47:19] | I’ve told you about my parents’ drunkenness and the violence, | 我跟你说过我父母酗酒和暴力的事 |
[47:22] | but what I was skirting around– | 但我避开没说的是… |
[47:23] | – Not now. – No, thank you. | -别过来 -不用了 谢谢 |
[47:25] | Just to let you know the fireworks | 就想告诉二位 |
[47:27] | – will start in a few minutes. – Thank you. | -焰火表演马上要开始了 -谢谢 |
[47:36] | When I was eight, and for some years afterwards | 在我八岁那年 以及接下来几年里 |
[47:41] | my father “abused” me | 我父亲”侵犯”了我 |
[47:43] | as…we’re invited to call it these days. | 现在提倡用这个词 |
[47:48] | What do you mean, “abused”? | “侵犯”是什么意思 |
[47:49] | I… | 我… |
[47:59] | It was… | 就是… |
[48:02] | Oh, God… | 天啊 |
[48:08] | Nobody should do that to anybody else. | 没人应该这样对待他人 |
[48:14] | – The first time– – The fireworks are about– | -第一次… -焰火马上就要… |
[48:16] | Do you think you could leave us alone for one fucking minute | 你他妈能不能别来打扰我们 |
[48:19] | – so we can have a conversation? – I’m sorry, sir. | -让我们独自谈谈 -抱歉 先生 |
[48:21] | Do we look like children? | 我们看起来像小屁孩吗 |
[48:22] | Do we look like we’re interested in the fucking fireworks? | 我们看起来像对焰火有兴趣吗 |
[48:31] | What do I mean by abused? | 我说的侵犯是什么意思 |
[48:34] | I mean sexually abused. | 就是性侵犯 |
[48:37] | Oh, God, I’m sorry. | 天啊 我很抱歉 |
[48:40] | No wonder you hated him so much. | 难怪你如此恨他 |
[48:42] | Well, now you know. | 现在你知道了 |
[48:49] | The first incident masqueraded as a punishment, | 第一次发生时 他说是惩罚 |
[48:52] | though I never knew the crime… | 虽然我不知道自己做错了什么 |
[48:54] | which gave it a certain Kafkaesque charm.. | 倒是有种卡夫卡式的风格 |
[48:58] | What a bastard. | 他真混蛋 |
[49:01] | It must have split the world in half. | 那一定把你的世界撕成两半 |
[49:08] | Yes, I think that is what happened. | 是的 我想就是那样 |
[49:15] | What makes you think that? | 你怎么会那么想 |
[49:17] | It just seemed obvious. | 似乎显而易见 |
[49:26] | In that moment, when it was happening – | 在事情发生的那一刻 |
[49:28] | this will sound strange, but… | 这听起来会很奇怪 不过 |
[49:33] | ..There was a lizard on the wall. | 当时墙上有只蜥蜴 |
[49:36] | A gecko, bright green. | 壁虎 亮绿色 |
[49:41] | I thought, “If I can somehow put myself inside… | 我心想 “如果我能进入那只壁虎体内 |
[49:46] | ..Then I might be able to get through this.” | 也许我就能熬过去” |
[49:52] | Not much of an escape plan, I know. | 这逃跑计划不怎么样 我知道 |
[50:00] | The point is… | 我想说的是 |
[50:03] | ..Now I’m exhausted hating him. | 现在我恨他恨得累了 |
[50:05] | It’s not enough. | 这并不够 |
[50:08] | And if I’m going to break out into the world | 如果我要投入到世界中 |
[50:09] | not just this – but the real world, | 不只是这个 而是真实的世界 |
[50:13] | to learn something, make a contribution, | 学点东西 做出贡献 |
[50:15] | live rather than just survive, | 去生活 而不只是生存 |
[50:17] | then I am going to have to say these things out loud. | 那我就必须把这些话说出来 |
[50:29] | We are missing the fireworks, if you want to– | 我们确实要错过焰火了 如果你想看… |
[50:33] | It’s alright. | 没关系 |
[50:35] | I wondered whether perhaps you’d like your old room back? | 我不知道你是否想睡在你以前的房间 |
[50:37] | Mummy, I don’t know. | 妈妈 我不知道 |
[50:39] | Can we just talk about it when we get there? | 等我们到那里再说 行吗 |
[50:42] | Whatever makes you happy. | 随你高兴 |
[50:47] | I’ve treated you dreadfully sometimes. | 有时我对你的态度很恶劣 |
[50:53] | – Snobbishly. – Oh, no. | -非常势利 -没有的事 |
[50:58] | Only sometimes. | 偶尔而已 |
[51:03] | Your father always blamed that Nicholas Pratt man. | 你父亲总是怪那个尼古拉斯·普拉特 |
[51:07] | You were such a nice girl until you met him, | 你遇见他之前是个很好的姑娘 |
[51:09] | and then you started criticizing everything at home, | 然后你开始批评家里的一切 |
[51:14] | people you’d known all your life – perfectly nice people. | 批评你认识了一辈子的人 很好的人 |
[51:21] | Your father always loved you, but… | 你父亲一直很爱你 但… |
[51:22] | I can’t pretend he wasn’t hurt sometimes. | 我不能说他不曾感到受伤 |
[51:31] | – Have I said too much? – No! | -我说太多了吗 -没有 |
[51:33] | Not at all. | 完全没有 |
[51:37] | Let’s have a nice long talk tomorrow. | 明天我们好好聊聊 |
[51:40] | We should probably get going. We’ve a long way to go. | 我们也许该走了 还有好远的路 |
[51:43] | Yes. | 对 |
[51:47] | – I’m not recruiting, I swear. – Go on. | -我没在叫你加入 我发誓 -继续 |
[51:50] | Perhaps the only way to move on is to become… | 也许翻篇的唯一方法就是变得… |
[51:56] | more detached from yourself… | 更脱离自己 |
[51:58] | ..And more attached to something else. | 更亲近其他事物 |
[52:02] | A hobby, you mean? | 就像找个兴趣 |
[52:05] | Someone else. | 或者佳人 |
[52:08] | Fall in love, have kids. | 坠入爱河 组建家庭 |
[52:11] | Yeah. Why not? | 有什么不好呢 |
[52:13] | I tried falling in love, many times, as you know. | 我试过坠入爱河 试过好多次 |
[52:16] | Not sure that was love. | 我可不敢说那是爱 |
[52:17] | My experience with love | 依照我的经验 |
[52:20] | you get excited thinking someone can mend your broken heart, | 你一时激动 以为别人能修补你的心 |
[52:22] | disappointed when you realize they can’t. | 然后失望地发现并不能 |
[52:26] | But the next time. | 但下一次呢 |
[52:28] | Of course, the other danger is, without bitterness, spite, | 当然 另一个危险是没了痛苦 怨恨 |
[52:31] | sarcasm, snobbery and self-loathing, | 讽刺 谄媚和自我厌恶 |
[52:33] | – there might be nothing left. – Perhaps. | -这段感情可能就没剩什么了 -也许吧 |
[52:37] | Or…think what you could put there instead. | 但也许你可能想想你自己可以投入什么 |
[52:54] | Here’s our hostess! | 女主人来了 |
[52:55] | I wanted to find Sonny. | 我想找桑尼 |
[52:57] | I really couldn’t care less, Ma’am. | 我一点都不在乎 夫人 |
[53:04] | I’ve been a bloody fool. | 我真是个傻子 |
[53:07] | Well, I can’t say I disagree. | 我部分同意 |
[53:10] | I was driven to it! Bridget’s not having a son | 我鬼迷心窍 布丽奇特怀不上孩子 |
[53:12] | has been frightfully hard. | 已经够艰难的了 |
[53:14] | I’m just not sure I like the idea of life without her. | 我只是不确定想离开她过一辈子 |
[53:18] | And Cindy has got some very peculiar ideas. | 而辛迪有些特殊的想法 |
[53:22] | She’s already suggested I knock a wall through. | 她已经建议我打通一面墙 |
[53:24] | And she looks at the furniture like a bloody auctioneer. | 她看家具就像拍卖专家一样 |
[53:28] | Isn’t that Bridget now? | 那不是布丽奇特吗 |
[53:33] | Bridget! Bridget! | 布丽奇特 布丽奇特 |
[53:36] | Bridget, where are you going? | 布丽奇特 你要去哪 |
[53:39] | Bridget! Stop the car! Stop! | 布丽奇特 停车 停下 |
[54:02] | I’m sure my father was intensely unhappy, | 我确定我父亲很不高兴 |
[54:04] | but to forgive someone, | 但为了宽恕某人 |
[54:06] | doesn’t there have to be some attempt to change? | 他难道不应该尝试改变一下吗 |
[54:08] | But if he’d changed, he wouldn’t need forgiveness. | 但如果他改变了 他就不需要宽恕了 |
[54:12] | Excuse me | 打扰下 |
[54:14] | I’m sorry if I snapped at you earlier. | 对不起 之前朝你大吼大叫 |
[54:17] | It’s just I was in the middle of saying something rather tricky. | 我当时正想集中精力说些难开口的话 |
[54:20] | I was only doing my job. | 我只是在做本职工作 |
[54:21] | I know you were and I apologize. | 我知道 我向你道歉 |
[54:25] | So do you think there’s any way to forgive him? | 你觉得有办法原谅他吗 |
[54:27] | Of course. It really wasn’t that bad. | 当然 又没那么糟 |
[54:29] | No, not you! | 不 不是你 |
[54:37] | Well, if the waiter can forgive me… | 如果服务生都能原谅我… |
[54:40] | You go ahead. I don’t think I could get to sleep just yet. | 你去吧 我还睡不着 |
[54:43] | And the thought of that hotel room – oof. | 而且一想到那个旅馆房间… |
[54:46] | Well, thanks for telling me. | 谢谢你告诉我 |
[54:48] | No need to get Californian about it. | 不用来加州人那一套 |
[54:50] | No need to be so English. | 你也不用来英国人那一套 |
[54:55] | – It’s the end of the party. – It’s more than that. | -派对要结束了 -还不止呢 |
[54:58] | It’s the end of an era. | 一个时代要结束了 |
[55:02] | Well, let’s hope so. | 希望如此 |
[55:23] | Can I help you? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[55:24] | I knew a Chilly Willy in New York. | 我在纽约认识一位叫奇力·威利的朋友 |
[55:27] | – You’re not… – Where’d he live? | -你不是吧… -他住在哪 |
[55:31] | -Tenth Avenue. – What did he do? | -第十大道 -他干什么的 |
[55:34] | He sold… He lived on the streets. | 他卖… 他在街头生活 |
[55:38] | It’s impossible, I know. I… | 这不可能 我知道… |
[55:41] | The coat. | 外套 |
[55:47] | The English guy who wouldn’t take his coat off, right? | 那个不肯脱掉外套的英国人 对吗 |
[55:50] | Patrick Melrose. | 帕特里克·梅尔罗斯 |
[55:55] | Christ! You look well. | 天啊 你看上去真不错 |
[56:01] | I…I didn’t ever know… | 我不知道… |
[56:02] | I was always a musician, man. | 我一直是个音乐家 |
[56:05] | I just er…you know? | 我只是… |
[56:11] | Your wife once sold me a horse syringe for 20 dollars. | 你妻子二十美金卖给我一个给畜生用的针管 |
[56:14] | – It was like this. – Yeah, she OD’d. | -这么大 -她吸毒过量死了 |
[56:19] | I’m sorry. | 节哀 |
[56:23] | Still, it’s a miracle you’re alive. | 但你活着真是个奇迹 |
[56:26] | You too. | 你也是 |
[56:28] | But then… everything’s a miracle, man. | 但一切都是奇迹 伙计 |
[56:33] | It’s a miracle we don’t melt in the bath like a piece of soap. | 我们不会像肥皂一样融化在浴缸都是奇迹 |
[56:54] | – Nice to meet you. – You too. | -很高兴认识你 -我也是 |
[56:59] | See you at breakfast, perhaps? | 早餐见 |
[57:03] | Yes. Why not? | 好啊 |
[57:05] | The Cotswold Carvery? | 科茨沃尔德烤肉 |
[57:08] | Around nine. | 九点左右 |
[57:10] | Avoid disappointment. | 避免失望哦 |