时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:17] | 法国南部 2003年8月 | |
[01:59] | You alright? | 你还好吧 |
[02:02] | Robert, darling. | 罗伯特 宝贝 |
[02:04] | Let’s say hello later. We need to go to the airport, | 等会再打招呼吧 我们得去机场了 |
[02:08] | pick up Granny Kettle. | 去接凯特尔外婆 |
[02:10] | – Daddy! Daddy! – Fucking hell! | -爸爸 爸爸 -真见鬼 |
[02:13] | – Patrick! – I wanna go horse-riding, I wanna go horse-riding! | -帕特里克 -我要骑马 我要骑马 |
[02:16] | Sorry. Sorry, sorry, sorry, Thomas. | 抱歉 抱歉 托马斯 |
[02:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:22] | Oh, I was only just dropping off. | 我不小心睡着了 |
[02:24] | I’ve been awake half the night. | 我已经醒了大半夜了 |
[02:26] | And now it’s time to get up. | 该起床了 |
[02:28] | I thought we were on holiday? | 我以为我们在度假 |
[02:30] | So did I. | 我也是 |
[02:31] | But we’ve been up since five, haven’t we, Thomas? | 但我们五点就起床了 对吧 托马斯 |
[02:36] | Right. | 对 |
[02:37] | We’re off to the airport to fetch my mother. | 我们要去机场接我妈 |
[02:41] | Don’t rush back. | 别急着回来 |
[02:43] | Well, there’s lots to do. | 有很多事要做 |
[02:44] | Open all the windows, air the place. | 打开窗户 通通风 |
[02:48] | And you ought to finish the unpacking. That’d be helpful. | 你应该把行李都拿出来 那就帮大忙了 |
[02:51] | Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[02:54] | Robert, airport! | 罗伯特 去机场 |
[02:56] | Robert, airport! | 罗伯特 去机场 |
[03:35] | – Seamus. – Patrick! | -谢默斯 -帕特里克 |
[03:38] | I thought I heard your car last night. | 我就说昨晚听到你的车来了 |
[03:40] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[03:42] | Eleanor cannot wait to see you. | 埃莉诺等不及要见你了 |
[03:44] | Oh, sorry, this is Kevin. | 抱歉 这是凯文 |
[03:47] | – Annette. – Hey, Patrick. | -安妮特 -你好 帕特里克 |
[03:49] | We were just discussing how wonderful your mother is, | 我们刚才还在讨论你母亲是多好的人 |
[03:51] | to let the Foundation make use of your beautiful home. | 让基金会使用你们美丽的住所 |
[03:55] | Amazing woman. She’s helped so many people to connect. | 很棒的女人 她帮助许多人连接在一起 |
[03:57] | – With what? – With other realities. | -与什么连接 -其他现实 |
[04:00] | Yes. Well, meanwhile, back in this one, | 好吧 话说回来 |
[04:01] | I opened my wardrobe this morning | 我今天早上打开衣柜 |
[04:03] | to find so many copies of Way Of The Soul, | 发现许多本《灵魂之路》 |
[04:05] | they were getting in the way of the shoes. | 把通往鞋子的路都挡住了 |
[04:07] | “Way of the shoes.” Genius. | “鞋子之路” 真是天才 |
[04:09] | It’s actually a better title, | 这个标题更合适 |
[04:11] | reminding us to keep our feet on the ground. | 提醒我们要脚踏实地 |
[04:13] | Do you think these signs of institutional life | 当我们来这儿度假的时候 |
[04:15] | could be removed when we’re here on holiday? | 你能让这些慈善机构的生活迹象消失吗 |
[04:17] | In August, this is our family home. | 在八月 这是我们家的住所 |
[04:20] | Of course. I apologize. | 当然 我道歉 |
[04:21] | These leaflets on reiki workshops and healing circles | 这些关于灵气研讨会和治疗仪式的传单 |
[04:24] | are entirely lost on us. | 对我们完全没用 |
[04:25] | And this board, while an attractive cork, | 还有这个板子 尽管材质不错 |
[04:27] | is yours, not ours. | 但是你的 不是我们的 |
[04:29] | I’ll take it to my cottage. | 我这就带回我的小屋 |
[04:30] | – You mean my mother’s cottage? – Where she lets me stay. | -你是说我母亲的小屋 -她让我住那 |
[04:35] | For how long? I thought you were going back to Ireland. | 住多久 我以为你们要回爱尔兰了 |
[04:38] | No, I’m here for the whole summer. | 不 整个夏天我都待在这 |
[04:40] | You won’t even know I’m here. | 你不会注意到我的存在的 |
[05:10] | Monsieur Melrose? | 梅尔罗斯先生 |
[05:12] | Bonjour, Claudine. Comment va ma mère? | 你好 克劳迪恩 我母亲怎么样 |
[05:16] | Si vous voulez la voir, elle vous attend. | 如果你想见她 她在等你 |
[05:34] | I want you to know that… | 我想让你知道 |
[05:37] | ..I’m very unhappy… | 我非常不开心 |
[05:41] | ..At not… | 像现在这样 |
[05:44] | ..Being able to communic… | 不能顺畅交流 |
[05:48] | Yes. | 我知道 |
[05:50] | – That must be horrible. – Yes. | -一定感觉太糟糕了 -是的 |
[05:53] | Horrible. | 太糟了 |
[05:56] | Yes. | 没错 |
[05:58] | But I am brave. | 但我很勇敢 |
[06:08] | The others are at the airport picking up Mary’s mother. | 他们去机场接玛丽的母亲了 |
[06:11] | They’re all very keen to see you. | 他们都很想见你 |
[06:13] | Only when you feel up to it, of course. | 只要你想见他们 随时都可以见 |
[06:15] | And Thomas has grown, as you’d…expect. | 托马斯长大了 如你所料 |
[06:20] | Are they er… | 他们… |
[06:23] | – Thomas… – What’s this? | -托马斯… -这是什么 |
[06:24] | ..is like me. | 很像我 |
[06:30] | I’m sorry, I’m just trying to… | 抱歉 我只是想… |
[06:42] | Good flight, Kettle? | 飞行还顺利吗 凯特尔 |
[06:43] | Hello, Patrick. No, hideous. | 你好 帕特里克 不 糟透了 |
[06:45] | There was an awful woman next to me | 我旁边有个无礼的女人 |
[06:47] | who was terrifically proud of her breasts | 对自己的乳房特别骄傲 |
[06:49] | and kept sticking them in her child’s face. | 还一个劲往孩子的脸上塞 |
[06:50] | It’s called breastfeeding. | 那叫母乳喂养 |
[06:52] | Thank you, darling. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[06:54] | I know it’s all the rage but when I was having children | 我知道那很流行 但我生孩子那会儿 |
[06:57] | the clever woman was the one who went to the party | 聪明的女人是去参加宴会 |
[06:59] | looking as if she’d never been pregnant, | 看起来也跟没生过孩子一样 |
[07:00] | not the one with her breasts sticking out. | 而不是袒胸露乳的那些 |
[07:02] | – Daddy, I’m coming! – At least not for breastfeeding. | -爸爸 我来了 -至少不是为了喂孩子 |
[07:05] | Robert, will you show Granny to her room? | 罗伯特 带外婆去她房间好吗 |
[07:10] | Patrick? | 帕特里克 |
[07:21] | Goodness, you’re drinking. | 天啊 你在喝酒 |
[07:23] | Temporary measure. | 临时措施 |
[07:25] | It’s been a while. | 有一阵子没喝了 |
[07:27] | She’s really outdone herself this time. | 她这次真的过分了 |
[07:29] | From the solicitor’s, care of my mother – | 律师寄来的 由我母亲转交[在乎] |
[07:31] | if “Care” is the right word. | 如果真是”在乎”的话 |
[07:32] | I’ve been disinherited. | 我被剥夺继承权了 |
[07:35] | – What? – She’s signing the house over to this joke charity. | -什么 -她要把房子给那帮搞慈善的小丑 |
[07:38] | Nothing to us, nothing to our children. | 我们什么都没有 孩子也没有 |
[07:40] | Patrick, that’s awful– | 帕特里克 那太糟了 |
[07:41] | and she wants me to check for loopholes, | 她还想让我检查一下有没有漏洞 |
[07:43] | make sure the whole thing runs smoothly. | 保证事情能顺利进行 |
[07:45] | It’s not enough to be disinherited, | 被剥夺继承权还不够 |
[07:46] | she wants me to chip in with the paperwork! | 她还想让我帮她搞文书 |
[07:48] | – Did she say why? – Took her half the morning, | -她说为什么了吗 -她讲了大半个上午 |
[07:50] | but apparently she wants “to do good”. | 但显然她是想”做点好事” |
[07:54] | She wants to help people – anyone, really, | 她想帮助别人 任何人都行 |
[07:56] | just as long as they’re not fucking related to her! | 只要不是她的亲人 |
[07:58] | – Not so loud. – She seeks “Closure” and “My validation”. | -轻点 -她想寻求”解脱”和”我的认可” |
[08:02] | That bastard Seamus might as well be | 谢默斯那个混蛋还不如直接 |
[08:03] | whispering in her fucking ear! | 在她耳边嚼舌呢 |
[08:05] | – Darling, you’re ranting. – I have to rant! | -亲爱的 你开始大吼了 -我必须大吼 |
[08:07] | She was always a lousy mother. | 她从来就不是个称职的母亲 |
[08:09] | But I hoped she might take a holiday from that | 但我本来还希望她在生命最后的时期 |
[08:11] | towards the end of her life, | 能给自己放个假 |
[08:12] | feel that she’d achieved enough by way of betrayal and neglect | 能意识到自己通过背叛和忽视已获得很大成就 |
[08:16] | and that now it was time for her to take a break | 而现在是时候休息一下 |
[08:18] | and play with her grandchildren. | 含饴弄孙了 |
[08:19] | You know what frightens me the most | 你知道吗 最让我惊恐的是 |
[08:21] | is how much I loathe her! | 我居然这么恨她 |
[08:25] | When I read the letter, | 我看信件的时候 |
[08:26] | I tried to loosen my collar so I could breathe | 我想松松领口 好让我喘口气 |
[08:27] | and I realized it wasn’t my collar, | 然后我意识到不是因为领子 |
[08:29] | it was actually a noose tightening around my neck – | 是我脖子上渐渐勒紧的套索 |
[08:32] | a noose of loathing! | 憎恨的套索 |
[08:34] | She’s not going to change now. She’s a frightened woman– | 她不会改变了 她只是个吓坏了的女人… |
[08:37] | I know! I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[08:40] | What do I loathe, then? | 那我恨的是什么 |
[08:41] | I loathe… | 我恨的是 |
[08:43] | the poison dripping down from generation to generation. | 这代代相传的毒瘤 |
[08:49] | And I’d rather die than inflict the same thing on our children. | 我宁死也不愿让它传递到我们孩子身上 |
[08:56] | That won’t happen. | 不会的 |
[08:59] | Not if we don’t let it. | 我们不会让它发生 |
[09:05] | But please don’t drink. | 但一定不要再喝酒了 |
[09:07] | For us. | 为了我们 |
[09:59] | She’s giving it all away? | 她要全都送出去 |
[10:02] | To the charity, yes. | 送给那个慈善机构 是的 |
[10:06] | Strange kind of charity. | 这慈善机构还真奇怪 |
[10:13] | Robert. Go and say hello. | 罗伯特 去打个招呼 |
[10:21] | – I’m only telling you in case… – Patrick! | -我告诉你是以防万一… -帕特里克 |
[10:23] | Patrick seems a little off. | 帕特里克有点失控 |
[10:24] | So he should be! | 他应该失控 |
[10:26] | It’s so lovely here. | 这里这么美 |
[10:28] | – You found it. – Yes. | -你找到地方了 -是的 |
[10:31] | Oh, it’s good to be here. | 能来真是太好了 |
[10:32] | Who’s this now? | 这又是谁 |
[10:34] | I told you, it’s Patrick’s friend Julia. | 我说过了 是帕特里克的朋友茱莉亚 |
[10:36] | Lucy’s her daughter. | 露西是她女儿 |
[10:39] | He certainly seems pleased to see her. | 他见到她真是高兴啊 |
[10:40] | Hello, Mary! | 你好 玛丽 |
[10:43] | He’s just being nice. | 他只是在客气 |
[10:45] | She’s been having a hard time. | 她这段时间不容易 |
[10:50] | But can’t you fight it? You’re a barrister, for Christ’s sake! | 但你就不能反对吗 你可是个律师 |
[10:54] | She may be an unmaternal idiot but it’s her money. | 她也许不是个好妈妈 但钱还是她的 |
[10:56] | If she wants to burn the last of it on a New Age hotel, | 她就算想在新时代运动主题宾馆里把钱全烧了 |
[10:59] | there’s nothing I can do to stop her. | 我也没法阻止她 |
[11:03] | Well, can’t you pretend to be a shaman and keep the place? | 你就不能假装巫师把这地方留下来吗 |
[11:07] | Sadly, I’m one of the few people on earth | 很不幸 我是地球上少有的几个 |
[11:08] | that has absolutely no healing powers. | 没有半点治愈神力的人之一 |
[11:15] | Why aren’t you two playing with each other? | 你们俩为什么不一起玩 |
[11:17] | Play. | 一起玩 |
[11:20] | Play! | 玩啊 |
[11:23] | Besides, I find it difficult enough looking after my family, | 更何况 我照顾自己的家庭就够呛了 |
[11:25] | let alone saving the world. | 更不要说拯救世界了 |
[11:29] | I think looking after your children | 我觉得照顾孩子 |
[11:32] | can be another way of giving up. | 也是放弃的一种方式 |
[11:37] | Well, they become the whole ones, | 他们成为了完整的人 |
[11:39] | the well ones, the ones who don’t drink too much, | 得体的人 不酗酒 |
[11:42] | get divorced, | 不离婚 |
[11:44] | become mentally ill. | 不得精神病 |
[11:49] | You spend so much time guarding them | 你花了那么多时间呵护他们 |
[11:51] | against decay and depression | 让他们免于腐朽和抑郁的侵蚀 |
[11:53] | that you end up decayed and depressed. | 最后你自己却陷于腐朽和抑郁 |
[12:00] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:03] | I’m a bit down. | 我情绪有点低落 |
[12:06] | Since the divorce, I get these terrible moments of vertigo, | 自从离婚之后 我常常会强烈地眩晕 |
[12:11] | like I don’t exist. | 就像我自己不存在一样 |
[12:13] | I get that. | 我懂 |
[12:15] | At your age? I think that’s very pretentious. | 你这么小就懂了 你这是矫情吧 |
[12:17] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[12:19] | But it doesn’t stop you being a happy child, does it? | 但这仍然无法阻止你当个快乐的孩子 对吗 |
[12:23] | Sometimes. | 有时候会 |
[12:25] | When it’s happening. | 晕眩的时候 |
[12:33] | You’re doing a wonderful job. | 你做得非常好 |
[12:37] | Hello, there. | 你们好 |
[12:38] | Oh, Christ, it’s the landlord. | 天啊 房东来了 |
[12:41] | You don’t like Julia very much. | 你不太喜欢茱莉亚 |
[12:43] | Robert! | 罗伯特 |
[12:45] | I do like her. | 我很喜欢她 |
[12:48] | But whereas clever people are just thinking out loud, | 但聪明人只会把想到的说出来 |
[12:51] | Julia’s thinking about what she sounds like. | 而茱莉亚却只在乎她听起来怎么样 |
[12:57] | I shouldn’t have said that. | 我不该那么说的 |
[13:00] | Don’t repeat it. | 别告诉别人 |
[13:04] | Are you a healer yourself? | 你自己是治疗者吗 |
[13:06] | Yes, Seamus, who have you healed? | 是啊 谢默斯 你治愈过谁 |
[13:09] | Well, I actually worked in a nursing home for many years, | 事实上 我在疗养院工作过很多年 |
[13:13] | washing patients covered in their own feces, | 给满身屎尿的病人清洗身体 |
[13:15] | spoon-feeding old people who couldn’t feed themselves, | 用勺子喂没有自理能力的老人 |
[13:18] | that sort of thing. | 类似的事情 |
[13:18] | And, do you know what? I’m grateful for it, Julia. | 你知道吗 我对此很感激 茱莉亚 |
[13:21] | It’s kept me grounded. | 这经历让我能脚踏实地 |
[13:22] | What a shame you didn’t stick to that. | 你没坚持下去还真是可惜了 |
[13:23] | You might have actually done some tangible good. | 你没准能做出点实际的好事来 |
[13:26] | Patrick likes to keep me grounded too. | 帕特里克也喜欢我脚踏实地一点 |
[13:28] | But I think we do tangible good here, | 但我觉得我们现在办的课程 |
[13:30] | with the courses we run. | 也是一件实实际际的好事 |
[13:31] | We bring inner-city kids here and they love it – | 我们把城里的孩子带到这里来 他们很喜欢 |
[13:35] | the meditation, the drumming. | 这里的冥想 鼓声 |
[13:37] | They… They say to me… | 他们这样跟我说 |
[13:39] | “Seamus, this is incredible! | “谢默斯 这太不可思议了 |
[13:42] | It’s like tripping without the drugs.” | 就像不用嗑药就能在幻境漫游” |
[13:43] | Do we need a charity for tripping? | 幻境漫游还需要慈善捐助吗 |
[13:45] | With all the ills in the world, | 这个世界上有这么多不幸 |
[13:47] | it seems a rather wild hole to plug. | 把钱捐到这里真是有钱没处使 |
[13:49] | Can’t you just give them acid? | 你不能直接给他们迷幻药吗 |
[13:51] | You can tell he’s a barrister. | 能看出来他是名律师 |
[13:52] | I’m all for people having hobbies. | 我完全赞成人们应该有自己的嗜好 |
[13:54] | Can’t they do it in the comfort of their own homes? | 他们不能在自己舒适的家里做这些事吗 |
[13:56] | Sadly, Patrick, | 很不幸 帕特里特 |
[13:57] | some homes are not that comfortable. | 有些人的家并没有那么舒适 |
[13:59] | No. | 确实 |
[14:01] | I know the feeling. | 我知道那种感觉 |
[14:04] | Well, Julia… | 茱莉亚… |
[14:05] | Fascinating. | 很有意思 |
[14:07] | Mon pleasure. | 十分荣幸 |
[14:12] | Seamus? | 谢默斯 |
[14:14] | Patrick? | 帕特里克 |
[14:15] | This gift of Eleanor’s about the house. | 埃莉诺要送的这栋房子 |
[14:17] | – Yeah, she mentioned that. – I’m looking into it. | -是的 她提过了 -我会调查的 |
[14:20] | Don’t go picking out the wallpaper just yet. | 先别急着挑壁纸 |
[15:26] | I hesitate to mention this. | 我很纠结要不要说 |
[15:28] | Please keep on hesitating. | 那就请继续斟酌吧 |
[15:30] | But this idea of yours to sign the house over | 但你要把房子转让给 |
[15:33] | to the Foundation… | 基金会… |
[15:35] | I’ve looked over the paperwork and I have to point out | 文件我看过了 必须指出 |
[15:37] | – it leaves you very exposed. – I really… | -这会让你有很大风险 -我真的… |
[15:39] | Of course you must do as you wish | 当然一切都要遵循你的意愿 |
[15:41] | – but your store of capital– – No, please… | -但你的储蓄… -不 拜托 |
[15:43] | – No. – won’t pay for much more– | -不 -支撑不了多久 |
[15:45] | – I… -.. care. | -我… -你的护理费用 |
[15:47] | We could go broke very quickly. | 我们可能很快就会破产 |
[15:49] | Patrick is only trying to help. | 帕特里克只是想帮你 |
[15:51] | – You can do what you want. – Yes. | -你可以按照自己的心意来 -是的 |
[15:53] | If you could just loan the house for the time being– | 如果你可以只是把房子暂时借出 |
[15:56] | – I really do object! – .. and decide… | -我强烈反对 -然后决定… |
[16:07] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[16:11] | Well, we’ll leave you. | 我们就先不打扰了 |
[16:13] | You must be tired. | 你肯定累了 |
[16:16] | Sorry if I upset you. | 如果让你心烦了十分抱歉 |
[16:31] | Please don’t…leave me. | 请别离开我 |
[16:48] | I want to go away. | 我想离开 |
[16:52] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[16:54] | Leave here. | 离开这儿 |
[17:01] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[17:09] | What can drive a man mad is being forced to have the emotion | 将一种情绪强加于人 又不让他占有这种情绪 |
[17:13] | he’s being forbidden to have at the same time. | 这种感觉真能把人逼疯 |
[17:16] | The treachery makes me feel furious | 背叛已经让我怒不可遏 |
[17:18] | and now I’m being forced to feel pity. | 现在我还要被迫同情她 |
[17:20] | Well, I’m a simple sort of man and I remain fucking angry! | 我只是个普通人 但我他妈还是气死了 |
[17:25] | Robert, everyone’s by the pool. Go and join them. | 罗伯特 大家都在泳池那 去找他们玩吧 |
[17:35] | I don’t think it’s kind to turn Robert against his grandmother. | 我觉得让罗伯特疏远他奶奶不太好 |
[17:38] | In a beauty contest | 在一场她独生子 |
[17:39] | between her only child and a complete stranger, | 和一个陌生人之间的选美比赛中 |
[17:41] | my mother chose the stranger. | 我母亲选择了那个陌生人 |
[17:43] | And you’re right to feel betrayed | 你可以感觉被背叛了 |
[17:45] | – but Robert has his own– – No, we’ve all been lied to. | -但罗伯特有自己的… -不 我们都被骗了 |
[17:48] | Whatever happened in the past, | 不管以前发生了什么 |
[17:49] | at least we had somewhere we all felt at home. | 至少有个地方能让我们都有家的感觉 |
[17:51] | And now all those little concessions to family feeling | 而现在所有这些对家庭温情的小让步 |
[17:54] | are being tossed away to be replaced | 都被丢弃 被标志性的 |
[17:56] | by the trademark family malice and spite. | 家族怨念和憎恨取代了 |
[17:58] | – Well, that’s not inevitable! – Isn’t it? | -这并非不可避免的 -不是吗 |
[18:00] | Not necessarily! Please. | 不一定的 拜托了 |
[18:04] | Spend time with the children. | 多花点时间陪陪孩子 |
[18:07] | That’s why we’re here. | 这才是我们来这的原因 |
[18:18] | Right, who wants to play in the pool? | 好了 谁想下水玩 |
[18:20] | – Robert? – I’m reading. | -罗伯特 -我在看书 |
[18:22] | Oh, come on, let’s play! | 快点 我们一起玩 |
[18:26] | That’s why we’re here. | 这才是我们来这的原因 |
[18:29] | Julia? | 茱莉亚 |
[18:30] | No? Lucy? No? | 不来吗 露西 不来吗 |
[18:32] | – No, thanks. – Didn’t ask you. | -不了 谢谢 -没问你 |
[18:35] | – Come on. – Dad! | -来吧 -爸 |
[18:37] | Stop being silly! | 别犯傻了 |
[18:38] | – Oh, come on, Robert. – Stop! | -行了 罗伯特 -住手 |
[18:40] | – Don’t be a bore. – Stop! I’m serious, stop! | -别这么无趣 -住手 我说真的 住手 |
[18:55] | – I knew this would happen. – Oh, for God’s sake, Kettle. | -我就知道会这样 -我的老天 凯特尔 |
[18:58] | Oh, I’m sure he’s fine. | 他肯定没事 |
[19:00] | Of course he’s fine. You’re fine, aren’t you, Robert? | 他当然没事 你没事对吧 罗伯特 |
[19:02] | – Yes, I’m fine. – There, you see, he’s fine. | -我没事 -瞧见没 他没事 |
[19:05] | It’s just a game, a bit of fun. | 只是玩个游戏 找点乐子 |
[19:27] | That looks like fun. | 这看起来才是乐子 |
[19:29] | No, not fun. Necessity, I’m afraid. | 不是乐子 恐怕是必需品 |
[19:32] | Want one? | 来一片吗 |
[19:35] | – I’ve got my own. – Of course you do. | -我自己有 -那是自然 |
[19:36] | – But if you’re offering. – How long? | -既然你都邀请我了 -多久了 |
[19:39] | Four years. | 四年了 |
[19:40] | I thought you were only meant to take it for 30 days. | 我还以为只需吃三十天 |
[19:44] | Oh, I definitely have a problem. | 我肯定是有点问题 |
[19:46] | Namely that they’re not strong enough. | 也就是说药效不够强 |
[19:47] | I get all the side effects – memory loss, dehydration, | 我什么副作用都经历了 失忆 脱水 |
[19:51] | nightmarish withdrawals – | 噩梦般的戒断反应 |
[19:53] | everything except the sleep. | 就是没经历过嗜睡 |
[19:57] | Strange to think we used to do this for fun. | 我们以前为了找乐子嗑这玩意 现在想来真奇怪 |
[20:02] | Remember taking acid in Greece? | 还记得在希腊嗑迷幻药那次吗 |
[20:03] | I remember where you stashed it. | 我记得你藏在哪里 |
[20:05] | Yes, sorry about that. | 是的 真抱歉 |
[20:07] | I didn’t mind. | 我当时也不介意 |
[20:13] | But let’s not get nostalgic. | 我们还是别怀旧了 |
[20:18] | Another pleasure denied. | 又一种快乐被拒绝了 |
[20:20] | Whenever I get nostalgic, | 每当我回想当年 |
[20:22] | I force myself to remember what youth was actually like. | 我就会逼自己想起青春真正的样子 |
[20:25] | It was awful. | 青春糟透了 |
[20:27] | The trouble is, all I remember is the sex. | 问题是 我能想起的只有性 |
[20:30] | A great abundance of sex and a sense of potential | 大量的性 和无穷可能 |
[20:34] | instead of an absence of sex and a sense of waste. | 而不是与性无缘 浑浑噩噩 |
[20:41] | Christ, I’m gonna need 40 milligrams tonight. | 天啊 我今晚需要四十毫克才够 |
[20:47] | Perhaps… | 也许 |
[20:51] | Perhaps we shouldn’t be having this conversation. | 也许我们不该说这些 |
[20:57] | Perhaps not. | 也许吧 |
[21:29] | My darling. | 亲爱的 |
[21:31] | So sorry to wake you. | 很抱歉吵醒你了 |
[21:37] | What time is it? | 现在几点了 |
[21:40] | It’s very early. | 时间还早 |
[21:43] | Are we going now? | 我们要走了吗 |
[21:47] | Shall I pack my bag? | 我要收拾行李吗 |
[21:50] | My darling. | 亲爱的 |
[21:54] | I have to go without you. | 我不能带你一起去了 |
[21:56] | You can’t. | 你不能丢下我 |
[21:57] | – Darling, please understand. – I want to come. | -亲爱的 请你理解我 -我想去 |
[22:00] | You have to stay here with your father just for a short while. | 你只需跟你爸在这再待一小段时间 |
[22:03] | – I want to come. – And then when I’ve spoken to the lawyers… | -我想走 -等我跟律师商量好 |
[22:05] | – No, please. – Patrick. | -不要 求求你 -帕特里克 |
[22:08] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[22:09] | This is very important. | 这很重要 |
[22:12] | But I’ve got to do this properly, yes? | 我必须把这件事做好 |
[22:15] | In exactly the right way. | 绝对不能出错 |
[22:19] | And then I can come back and get you. | 然后我就能回来接你了 |
[22:21] | Then we can be together. | 我们就能在一起了 |
[22:27] | Patrick. | 帕特里克 |
[22:29] | Do you understand? | 你明白了吗 |
[23:16] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[23:19] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[23:21] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[23:23] | Thomas has pushed me out of bed again. | 托马斯又把我推下床了 |
[23:25] | So I thought I’d go and sleep in his room. | 所以我想来这间睡 |
[23:30] | But that’s Julia’s room. | 但那是朱莉娅的房间 |
[23:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:36] | I was just checking to see if she was… | 我只是想看看她是否… |
[23:40] | Poor Thomas. | 可怜的托马斯 |
[23:43] | Well, I better… You must… | 我还是… 你最好… |
[23:47] | Night. | 晚安 |
[25:05] | Robert? Lunch! | 罗伯特 吃午饭了 |
[25:13] | There. | 到了 |
[25:15] | I must say, having you both here at the same time | 我想说 你们俩都出现在这里 |
[25:19] | is like a dream. | 就像是一场梦 |
[25:22] | Like… | 像 |
[25:25] | a… | 一场 |
[25:27] | – dream. – My dear. | -梦 -亲爱的 |
[25:30] | So nice to see you out. How are you? | 难得看见你出来 感觉如何 |
[25:32] | Very… | 非常… |
[25:36] | Well, I’ll leave you two to chat. | 你俩好好聊吧 |
[25:39] | Thomas, don’t play with the wine. | 托马斯 别碰酒 |
[25:41] | That’s for grown-ups. | 那是给大人喝的 |
[25:43] | It certainly is. | 必须的 |
[25:45] | Is that the answer? | 那是答案吗 |
[25:47] | – We’ll find out, won’t we? – I’m sure we will. | -我们会发现的 不是吗 -当然 |
[25:49] | I was going to buy Thomas some child reins for his birthday, | 我本来想在托马斯生日时送他儿童缰绳 |
[25:52] | but apparently they’re out of fashion. | 但是很明显那已经过时了 |
[25:54] | I’m not putting my child in a harness. | 我才不会用绳子牵我孩子 |
[25:56] | Really? Nanny used to swear by them. | 真的吗 保姆以前很信赖这种绳子 |
[25:59] | – And I used to swear at them. – You didn’t, actually, | -我还咒骂过它们呢 -你没有 |
[26:01] | because swearing was not allowed. | 因为我们家不许咒骂 |
[26:03] | Unlike some households. | 不像某些人家 |
[26:05] | Which of our mothers is worst, do you think? | 你觉得我们谁的妈妈最差劲 |
[26:06] | I realize the disinheritance thing | 我意识到剥夺继承权这事 |
[26:08] | gives Eleanor the edge | 让埃莉诺更胜一筹 |
[26:09] | but yours is really putting in the work. | 但你这边也动了真格 |
[26:10] | At least eat something first. | 先吃点东西吧 |
[26:12] | Anyone who thinks a week is a long time in politics | 任何觉得一星期算很长时间的人 |
[26:14] | should have her to stay. | 都该邀请她过去 |
[26:15] | A week’s a fucking eternity. | 一星期就仿佛是永恒 |
[26:18] | I don’t know how you cope | 我不知道没有保姆帮忙 |
[26:19] | without a nanny, Mary. | 你怎么处理这些事的 玛丽 |
[26:20] | I don’t know how I’d cope with one. | 有了保姆我才会更不适应 |
[26:22] | I’ve always wanted to look after the children myself. | 我一直想自己照顾孩子 |
[26:25] | Yes, motherhood takes some people that way. | 是的 身为人母会让一些人那样 |
[26:28] | It didn’t in my case but then I was quite young when I had Lucy. | 但我没有 不过我生露西时还很年轻 |
[26:31] | I think you can be too nice to children. | 我觉得你对小孩子太好了 |
[26:33] | If you want them to grow up | 如果你希望他们长大后 |
[26:34] | to be corporate lawyers or chief executives, | 当企业律师或者首席执行官 |
[26:36] | no use filling their head with ideas of trust and truth-telling | 那就无需向他们灌输信任 诚实 |
[26:40] | and reliability. | 和责任心的理念 |
[26:42] | They won’t be able to compete in the real world. | 他们会无法适应现实社会的残酷竞争 |
[26:44] | – Hear, hear! – Hello, there. | -说得好 -你们好 |
[26:47] | Christ. | 老天 |
[26:49] | I was gonna call by and see Eleanor. | 我本打算顺路去看望埃莉诺 |
[26:51] | But here she is now. | 但原来她在这儿 |
[26:54] | – Hello. – Seamus, please sit here. | -你好 -谢默斯 快坐下 |
[26:56] | Join us for lunch. | 一起吃午饭 |
[26:58] | No, no, no, no. | 不了 不了 |
[26:59] | I wouldn’t want to intrude on a family affair. | 我不想打扰家庭聚会 |
[27:03] | Well, maybe just for a moment or two. | 要不我还是坐一小会吧 |
[27:07] | – Patrick says you’re a writer. – Did I? | -帕特里克说你是作家 -说过吗 |
[27:09] | I’ve sometimes thought myself about writing a book. | 我有时候也想写本书 |
[27:12] | I’ve got so many ideas but it’s putting them down on paper. | 我有很多灵感但很难表达出来 |
[27:15] | It can do your head in. | 你可以在脑海中构思 |
[27:16] | I’ve done a beginning, several beginnings. | 我完成了一个开头 好多开头 |
[27:19] | But maybe it’s all just beginnings. | 但可能只有开头 |
[27:22] | – Do you know what I mean? – I do. | -你明白我的意思吗 -我明白 |
[27:24] | She’s doing this on purpose now just to annoy us. | 她现在故意这样想惹恼我们 |
[27:26] | We won’t give her the satisfaction. | 我们不会让她得逞的 |
[27:27] | It all sounds absolutely fascinating. | 听起来好有趣啊 |
[27:30] | Join us. I’ll sign you up for a session. | 加入我们吧 我给你报一期课 |
[27:32] | D’you know? Perhaps I will. | 你知道吗 也许我会去 |
[27:36] | Patrick? | 帕特里克 |
[27:38] | I’m going to do a workshop. | 我要去参加研习班了呢 |
[27:40] | Yes, you should. | 你该去 |
[27:41] | It’s the only way you’ll get to see the house | 这是唯一的方法 这样才能让你 |
[27:42] | in the cherry season. | 在樱桃成熟时见到房子 |
[27:44] | The cherries! Now, they are something. | 樱桃 樱桃真的很棒 |
[27:48] | Me and Eleanor always have this little ritual | 埃莉诺和我总会围绕樱桃 |
[27:51] | we do around the cherries, don’t we, Eleanor? | 举行个小仪式 不是吗 埃莉诺 |
[27:53] | – Yes. – The fruits of life, you know. | -是的 -人生的果实 |
[27:56] | It sounds very profound. | 听起来很有意义 |
[27:57] | Do they taste any better than if | 那和单纯的樱桃果实相比 |
[27:59] | they were simply the fruits of the cherry tree? | 有更好吃吗 |
[28:01] | Ch… Ch… Cherries. | 樱桃 |
[28:04] | – I’ll bring you some. – What a handsome rent! | -我会给你带些的 -多划算的租约 |
[28:06] | – No… – A simple bowl of cherries for all of this. | -不… -只要一碗樱桃就能换来这些 |
[28:08] | – No… – Talk about luck of the Irish. | -没有 -爱尔兰人真是好运呢 |
[28:10] | – No… – Enough! | -没有 -够了 |
[28:12] | – ..Rent! – Rob… | -租金 -罗伯特… |
[28:15] | No. | 不 |
[28:18] | I’ll go. | 我去吧 |
[28:20] | It’s my fault. | 是我的错 |
[28:33] | I’m not giving you much of a holiday, am I? | 我没把假期安排好 对吧 |
[28:37] | Must try harder. | 我得继续努力啊 |
[28:40] | Is granny really giving it all away? | 奶奶真的要把房子送出去吗 |
[28:44] | That’s what she wants to do. | 这是她的意思 |
[28:49] | We love it here. | 我们很喜欢这 |
[28:50] | I know, but it’s hers not ours. | 我知道 但这是她的 不是我们的 |
[28:52] | She’s always been pathologically generous. | 她一直病态地大方 |
[28:55] | And if she was giving it to the blind or the homeless | 如果她把它给盲人或者流浪汉 |
[28:58] | or medical research or victims of torture, | 或者医学研究或者受折磨的人 |
[29:01] | we’d be…not delighted but we’d understand. | 我们不开心 但我们会理解 |
[29:05] | But…she’s giving it to Seamus? | 但她居然要给谢默斯 |
[29:08] | To the Foundation. | 给基金会 |
[29:11] | So, yes, to Seamus. | 是啊 给谢默斯 |
[29:18] | Do you loathe her? | 你恨她吗 |
[29:22] | Of course not. | 当然不了 |
[29:24] | And you mustn’t either. | 你也不能恨 |
[29:26] | Well, this is a touching scene. | 好感人的画面 |
[29:30] | Mary wants you back before Seamus seduces Kettle. | 玛丽要你回去 要么谢默斯就要勾引凯特尔了 |
[29:34] | He’s trying to get Mary disinherited as well? | 他还想害玛丽也失去继承权 |
[29:36] | We’ll have to kill him after all. | 看来我们必须得杀了他 |
[29:38] | If we kill Seamus, do we keep the house? | 如果杀了谢默斯 我们能把房子留下吗 |
[29:41] | Sadly not. | 很抱歉 不能 |
[29:42] | More efficient to kill Kettle before she changes her will. | 还是杀了凯特尔吧 免得她也改掉遗嘱 |
[29:45] | You’re right! I let emotion cloud my judgment. | 说得没错 我的判断受情绪影响了 |
[29:50] | I’m going to read my book. | 我要回去看书了 |
[30:04] | I suppose I should be more careful. | 我觉得我应该更谨慎些 |
[30:06] | About what? | 谨慎什么 |
[30:09] | I’ve tried so hard not to pass on the malice and resentment, | 我尽全力不将恶意和怨气传递给孩子 |
[30:14] | give them a different sort of childhood. | 让他们拥有不同的童年 |
[30:18] | But they’re just fresh mistakes. | 但他们出生就是错误 |
[30:21] | And Robert notices everything. | 罗伯特注意到了一切 |
[30:27] | He caught me outside your room last night. | 他昨晚看到我在你房间外面 |
[30:32] | What were you doing outside my room? | 你在我房间外面干什么 |
[30:35] | I thought I’d come and see you. | 我想去见你 |
[30:40] | Would you have been pleased? | 你会高兴吗 |
[30:51] | Maybe next time. | 或许下次吧 |
[30:55] | There’s going to be a next time? | 还会有下次 |
[30:58] | Well, you’re bored and lonely. | 你无聊又孤独 |
[31:00] | I’m bored and lonely. | 我也无聊又孤独 |
[31:02] | That’s a terrifying amount of boredom and loneliness in one room. | 一个房间里 有太多的无聊和孤独 |
[31:06] | Maybe they’ll cancel each other out, | 或许他们能互相抵消 |
[31:08] | like electrical charges. | 就像电荷一样 |
[31:10] | Well, we should conduct an experiment. | 我们可以做个实验 |
[31:14] | In controlled conditions. | 在一定条件下 |
[31:17] | See if we eliminate boredom | 看能否消除无聊 |
[31:18] | or achieve an overload of loneliness. | 或者得到更多的孤独 |
[31:38] | We should go back. | 我们该回去了 |
[31:42] | Or people will think we’re having an affair. | 否则大家会以为我们搞外遇 |
[32:03] | I’m almost too scared to ask. | 我太害怕了不敢问 |
[32:07] | I’m cheering myself up. This is by Boudin. | 我在让自己振作起来 这是布丹的作品 |
[32:11] | Sell this, and we might just be able to afford | 卖了它 我们可能就能 |
[32:13] | a second bedroom in Queen’s Park. | 在女王公园里再买一间卧室 |
[32:15] | A normal child-sized bedroom | 一间正常大小的儿童房 |
[32:17] | rather than a converted broom cupboard. | 而不是一个改造过的小储物间 |
[32:19] | You can’t steal from her. | 你不能从她那偷东西 |
[32:21] | Not from her, from him. | 不是从她那 是他 |
[32:23] | If he’s getting the house | 如果他能得到房子 |
[32:24] | then I can certainly keep the fucking Boudin. | 那我当然能留着这幅布丹作品 |
[32:27] | Pass me that other screwdriver, will you? | 把另一个螺丝刀递给我 |
[32:29] | You can’t keep this up. | 你不能再这样 |
[32:31] | At some point, you have to let it all go. | 在某刻 你得放手 |
[32:33] | – Bit late for that. – I don’t mean the house. | -有点晚了 -我说的不是房子 |
[32:41] | Do you want to come up to bed with me? | 你想上来和我一起睡吗 |
[32:42] | Let’s not introduce exciting words like “want”. | 咱们还是别聊类似”想”这类词了 |
[32:45] | We both know that Thomas will claim my place. | 咱俩都知道托马斯会占了我的位子 |
[32:49] | I’ll sleep down here. | 我还是在楼下睡吧 |
[32:52] | Pass the screwdriver, will you? | 递一下螺丝刀 |
[32:54] | Screwdriver? | 螺丝刀 |
[33:22] | Mind if I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[33:36] | When’s your flight? | 你的航班是几点 |
[33:41] | I have to leave by nine. | 我九点前得走 |
[33:45] | – Our timing… – Has never been good. | -我们的时机 -一直都不太合适 |
[34:03] | I should go before Thomas wakes up. | 我该在托马斯醒之前回去 |
[34:05] | Patrick… | 帕特里克 |
[34:08] | Summer fling. | 只是夏日风流 |
[34:11] | Yes? | 对吗 |
[34:14] | Summer fling. | 夏日风流 |
[34:21] | Well, thank you for having us. | 谢谢你们的款待 |
[34:24] | We’ll speak on the phone. | 我们电话联系 |
[34:26] | – When you get a chance. – It won’t be the same. | -找个你方便的时间 -不会再一样了 |
[34:28] | No, it won’t. Bye. | 不会了 再见 |
[34:31] | Bye. | 再见 |
[34:33] | Dear. I wanted to say goodbye to Seamus. | 亲爱的 我想和谢默斯道别 |
[34:36] | Send him my love, won’t you? | 帮我和他问好 好吗 |
[34:38] | It’ll be strange to be here without you, Patrick. | 幸好有你 帕特里克 不然待在这很尴尬 |
[34:43] | Is this your car? | 那是你的车吗 |
[34:44] | – Very small. – Yes. | -好小啊 -是啊 |
[34:47] | Right, come on, let’s go. Buckle up, Lucy. | 好了 我们走 系好安全带 露西 |
[34:57] | Just us, thank God. | 就剩我们了 谢天谢地 |
[35:02] | And now we can have fun. | 现在我们能好好玩了 |
[35:28] | It’s the right thing to do. | 这么做是对的 |
[35:30] | I’m sure it is. | 当然是 |
[35:35] | Also, it’s a fake. | 而且这是赝品 |
[35:37] | I spoke to a man at Sotheby’s. | 我和苏世比拍卖行的人聊过了 |
[35:39] | You can tell by the waves, apparently. | 显然 从这些波纹就能看出来 |
[35:41] | So Seamus isn’t the first man to bamboozle her. | 所以谢默斯不是第一个骗她的人 |
[35:45] | Some art dealer in Paris | 巴黎有位画商 |
[35:47] | achieved that facile trick 40 years ago. | 40年前就玩过这把戏了 |
[35:51] | – Well, let’s not tell Seamus. – Certainly not. | -我们别和谢默斯说 -当然不说 |
[35:53] | Just picture his face when he finds out. | 想想他发现了会是什么表情 |
[35:57] | There go the flotation tanks! | 漂浮缸泡汤了 |
[36:04] | I need to let all this go. | 我该放手这一切了 |
[36:08] | When you’ve talked about the things that have happened here, | 你说起过那些这里曾发生的事 |
[36:14] | won’t it help to move on? | 离开这一切不是更好吗 |
[36:17] | Perhaps. | 或许吧 |
[36:23] | If I didn’t have my mother’s protection… | 如果当初我妈妈没有保护我 |
[36:28] | ..At least I had the protection of this place. | 至少这个地方还保护着我 |
[36:33] | Now that’s being taken away too, I fear I might go mad. | 现在这些也被夺走了 我怕我会发疯 |
[36:40] | At the same time, | 与此同时 |
[36:40] | part of me can’t wait to get rid of the fucking place. | 我也迫不及待地想离开这个鬼地方 |
[36:45] | Let’s go back to London. | 我们回伦敦去吧 |
[36:49] | Or somewhere else. | 或是别的地方 |
[36:51] | After this holiday, we need a holiday. | 这次度假结束后 我们需要一次真正的假期 |
[36:56] | Where would we go? | 我们该去哪里 |
[37:05] | – Bonjour, monsieur. – Bonjour. | -先生 您好 -你好 |
[37:43] | C’est fini. | 这样就可以了 |
[38:05] | I’m sure there’s a good reason. | 我想肯定是有原因的 |
[38:20] | It was such a big fight. Hello there. | 真是场大战 你好啊 |
[38:23] | We’re back. It’s Patrick, isn’t it? | 我们回来了 你是帕特里克吧 |
[38:26] | – Kevin. Annette. – We’re making tea. | -我们是凯文和安妮特 -我们在泡茶 |
[38:29] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白这是怎么回事 |
[38:32] | Did Seamus not talk to you? | 谢默斯没和你说吗 |
[38:33] | He said there might be a spare room. | 他说这里可能有空房 |
[38:40] | Seamus! | 谢默斯 |
[38:42] | I don’t mean to disturb your hard work. | 我不想打扰到你 |
[38:44] | Not at all. Please, here. Be my guest. | 根本没有 请过来 别客气 |
[38:48] | Is that what I am now, your guest? | 我现在成了你的客人吗 |
[38:50] | Or are you rather our guest until we leave, | 在我们走之前你才是客人吧 |
[38:52] | because we’re not prepared to have you | 因为我们可没打算 |
[38:54] | billet your sidekicks with us. | 收留你的小跟班 |
[38:56] | I merely thought, given that you’ve so much space, | 我只是觉得 你们既然有那么大的房子 |
[38:58] | you could accommodate my guests. | 你们那应该容得下我的客人 |
[38:59] | The terms of my mother’s gift are absolutely clear. | 我母亲的赠礼条款说的非常清楚 |
[39:03] | “Terms” Is a very legalistic way of putting it. | “条款”是个法律上的说法 |
[39:06] | There’s nothing in writing about the Foundation | 没有什么条款提到 |
[39:08] | providing you or your family with a free holiday. | 基金会应该给你或你的家人提供免费假期 |
[39:12] | Look, Robert, go back to the house! | 罗伯特 回屋子里去 |
[39:13] | I have genuine sympathy for the trouble you’re having– | 我真诚地同情你现在的艰难处境 |
[39:15] | We’re not talking about the trouble I’m having. | 我们谈的不是我的艰难处境 |
[39:17] | We’re talking about the trouble that you’re having. | 我们谈的是你的艰难处境 |
[39:19] | They’re inseparable. | 它们密不可分 |
[39:19] | Everything seems inseparable to a moron! | 对一个傻子而言 一切都密不可分 |
[39:22] | Let’s all calm down, shall we? | 我们都冷静一点好吗 |
[39:23] | My wife’s your great defender, Seamus. | 我太太可站在你那边 谢默斯 |
[39:25] | My theory is that you’re a bad man pretending to be an idiot, | 而我觉得你只是恶人装白痴 |
[39:28] | whereas she thinks you’re merely an idiot. | 而她觉得你就是白痴 |
[39:30] | If we could stay on the subject– | 我们应该谈重点 |
[39:31] | Perhaps the community should hold a meeting | 或许委员会应该举办一次会议 |
[39:34] | and Kevin and Annette– | 而凯文和安妮特 |
[39:35] | We’re not part of your fucking community! | 我们不是你那傻逼委员会的一员 |
[39:38] | If you don’t want to be part of it, then maybe you should go. | 如果你不想加入 你就该走了 |
[39:42] | Why don’t you go away, you stupid man? | 为什么不是你走 你这个白痴 |
[39:44] | This is my granny’s house | 这是我奶奶家 |
[39:45] | and we have more right to be here than you do! | 我们比你更有权利待在这里 |
[39:57] | I’m gonna have to go and process some of these negative feelings. | 我得去消化一些负面情绪 |
[40:01] | You do that. Process away. | 你当然要这么做 发泄出来 |
[40:04] | Be my guest. | 请自便 |
[40:05] | Do a little ritual. | 做个仪式 |
[40:09] | Oh, one more thing. My mother gave me this. | 还有件事 我妈给了我这个 |
[40:13] | It’s a little shaky. She’s not well. | 字迹有点模糊 她身体不太好 |
[40:15] | It says, “Why Seamus no come?” | 上面写着”谢默斯怎么没来” |
[40:19] | Now she’s given you the house, you’ve dropped her. | 她把房子送你了 你就抛弃她了 |
[40:21] | I don’t need lectures from you | 我不需要你来教育我 |
[40:22] | about the importance of my relationship to Eleanor. | 我和埃莉诺之间的关系有多重要 |
[40:24] | Just go and visit her. I know she’s not great company. | 去看看她吧 我知道她不算个好伙伴 |
[40:29] | But that’s just one of the treasure trove of things | 但那是你们之间惺惺相惜的 |
[40:31] | you have in common. | 唯一共同点 |
[41:06] | We’re taking the children to the U.S. | 我们要把孩子们带到美国了 |
[41:09] | To see your sister Nancy in Connecticut. | 去看你康涅狄格州的妹妹 |
[41:12] | They’ve never been. | 他们还没去过呢 |
[41:14] | Just… Just ten days. | 就…就去十天 |
[41:16] | Claudine will look after you while we’re gone. | 我们走后克劳迪恩会照顾你 |
[41:19] | Then…we’ll find you somewhere in London. | 之后 我们会在伦敦给你找个地方 |
[41:23] | Somewhere comfortable. And bring you home. | 舒服的地方 然后带你回家 |
[41:25] | – Time to go. – Okay. | -该走了 -好 |
[41:28] | Say bye to Granny. | 跟奶奶说再见 |
[41:42] | You beautiful boy. | 你这个帅小伙 |
[41:49] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[42:13] | I… | 我 |
[42:14] | want you… | 想让你 |
[42:19] | ..To kill me. | 杀了我 |
[42:33] | I’d love to help but it’s against the law. | 我很乐意 但这是违法的 |
[42:38] | No. | 不 |
[42:39] | No longer. | 不再了 |
[42:41] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[42:51] | Ready. | 好了 |
[42:53] | Come on. Let’s go. | 来吧 我们走 |
[42:59] | Robert, wait for me! | 罗伯特 等等我 |
[44:23] | ..Enter into a bilateral agreement with Kim Jong-il | 与金正日讨论双边协议 |
[44:27] | because of the fact that he didn’t tell the truth… | 鉴于他未吐露实情 |
[44:30] | Why don’t you go sit with your father, hm? Watch T.V. | 干嘛不去跟你爸坐着 看看电视 |
[44:35] | You’d like that. | 你会喜欢的 |
[44:37] | We’ll go to Aunt Nancy’s in the morning. | 我们上午要去他南希姨妈家 |
[44:42] | ..So there is more than one voice speaking to Kim Jong-il. | 因此金正日遭到多方指责 |
[44:46] | That’s it for the news. Now the latest on the weather. | 以上是新闻 现在来看最新天气 |
[44:49] | Over to you, John… | 交给你了 约翰 |
[44:54] | I’m cutting down, look. | 我在减量了 看 |
[45:04] | Come and say good night. | 过来说晚安 |
[45:11] | Good night, then. | 那就晚安吧 |
[45:34] | God, she’s invited Henry. | 天啊 她邀请了亨利 |
[45:35] | – Who’s Henry? – Oh, Nancy’s cousin. | -谁是亨利 -南希的表哥 |
[45:38] | He inherited all the money and, well, that makes Nancy furious. | 他继承了所有财产 让南希怒不可遏 |
[45:41] | Whatever you do, don’t mention politics. | 你干什么都行 就是别提政治 |
[45:43] | He’s a nice guy but pretty much a fascist. | 他人不错 但很信仰法西斯主义 |
[45:45] | – Oh, good! – Hello. | -好的 -你好 |
[45:48] | Christ, I hate the rich! | 老天 我恨有钱人 |
[45:50] | Especially now you’re not going to become one. | 尤其现在你不会变有钱了 |
[45:51] | Especially now. | 尤其现在 |
[45:52] | Oh, there’s a games room, a cinema, | 有一个游戏室 一个电影厅 |
[45:55] | and a pool, of course. | 当然还有个游泳池 |
[45:56] | This is very kind of you, Nancy. | 你真好 南希 |
[45:58] | Well, after what my sister’s done to you, | 比起我姐姐对你的所作所为 |
[45:59] | it’s the least I could do. | 我至少可以做到这样 |
[46:01] | Patrick tells me you’re working now. | 帕特里克告诉我你在工作 |
[46:05] | I’ve always worked. I’m in publishing. | 我一直在工作 搞出版 |
[46:07] | They won’t run indoors, will they– | 他们不愿意去屋里跑 是吗 |
[46:10] | Of course not. | 当然了 |
[46:11] | ..Shouting, that sort of thing? | 大喊大叫之类的 |
[46:13] | Nonsense! They must do whatever they want. | 胡说 他们就该随心所欲 |
[46:16] | Well, they should stay out of the woods. | 可他们应该远离树林 |
[46:17] | It’s a Lyme disease hotspot | 这里是莱姆症高发区 |
[46:19] | and the tics are dreadful this year. | 今年抽搐症也很可怕 |
[46:21] | Poison ivy, too. | 还有毒藤 |
[46:23] | It looks pretty, but really, | 这里看上去很美 但说真的 |
[46:25] | it’s like a Cambodian swamp. | 这有点像柬埔寨湿地 |
[46:27] | Best to assume you’re always in danger. | 最好总觉得自己身处险地 |
[46:30] | A rule to live by. | 生存之道 |
[46:32] | Robert, Thomas, shall we go for a swim? | 罗伯特 托马斯 我们去游泳吧 |
[46:34] | I’ll go and get the swimming costumes. | 我去拿泳装 |
[46:36] | Yes, swimming time! | 太好了 游泳去啦 |
[46:42] | Patrick, could you come here? | 帕特里克 你能来一下吗 |
[46:46] | So many things, so many lovely things, | 这么多东西 这么多好东西 |
[46:50] | all stolen. | 都是偷的 |
[46:51] | A world-class fortune gone! | 世界一流的财产就这么没了 |
[46:54] | These. | 这些 |
[46:56] | These were ours. | 这些原本是我们的 |
[46:57] | $1.5 million. That’s what my little stepbrother got | 150万美元 那是妈妈留给我继弟的 |
[47:01] | for Mommy’s garden tubs. | 花盆的售价 |
[47:03] | I think you’re doing just fine here, Nancy. | 我觉得你在这挺好的 南希 |
[47:07] | This place? Ho, believe me! | 这地方 相信我 |
[47:09] | This is nothing to what we should have had. | 跟我们本应得到的比这里一文不值 |
[47:12] | Shall we talk about my mother? | 我们谈谈我母亲吧 |
[47:14] | There’s no improvement or hope of any improvement. | 她没有改善或任何改善的希望 |
[47:16] | She’s aware of this and has asked me to kill her. | 她清楚这一点 让我杀了她 |
[47:21] | Oh, Patrick, that’s not fair. | 帕特里克 那不公平 |
[47:23] | That’s really not fair. | 那真的不公平 |
[47:24] | I have no doubt that helping her | 我坚信帮她去死 |
[47:26] | to die would be the most loving thing I could do. | 是我能做的最善良的事了 |
[47:29] | Oh, well, maybe… | 那也许 |
[47:30] | Maybe you should rent an ambulance | 也许你该租辆救护车 |
[47:32] | and drive her to Holland. | 把她送到荷兰 |
[47:34] | Arriving in Holland isn’t in itself fatal. | 去荷兰本身并不致命 |
[47:38] | Please let’s not talk about this anymore. | 拜托别再讨论这事了 |
[47:40] | It’s very upsetting. | 很让人心烦 |
[47:41] | I… I haven’t told Mary yet, so… | 我 我还没告诉玛丽 所以 |
[47:44] | Why haven’t you told her? | 为什么没说 |
[47:47] | In case it’s a good idea. | 我怕这真是个好主意 |
[47:49] | Those swimming costumes? | 那些泳装呢 |
[47:52] | Nancy, we’re very grateful. | 南希 我们很感激 |
[47:54] | No, treat it like home. | 不用谢 别见外 |
[47:56] | But no wet feet on the carpets. | 不过别湿着脚踩地毯 |
[47:58] | Oh, of course. | 哦 当然 |
[47:58] | And no playing with figurines, they’re Meissen. | 还有别玩雕像 那是梅森牌的 |
[48:01] | I don’t suppose you’d like a drink before dinner? | 我觉得你饭前应该不喝酒吧 |
[48:03] | Oh, I don’t drink. Didn’t you know? | 我不喝酒 你不知道吗 |
[48:05] | I watched it destroy Daddy’s life. | 我眼看酒毁了我爸爸的人生 |
[48:08] | But you help yourself. | 不过你别客气 |
[48:13] | Later, perhaps. | 可能晚点吧 |
[48:34] | Bit poky. | 真”狭小” |
[48:40] | There you are. | 在这呢 |
[49:02] | That’s better. | 好多了 |
[49:12] | – Meissen army. – Brilliant! | -梅森大军 -好棒啊 |
[49:33] | Oh, damn. | 糟了 |
[50:13] | *So I took what I could get* | *能拿到的我都拿走* |
[50:16] | *Yes, I took what I could get* | *没错 能拿到的我都拿走* |
[50:18] | *And then she looked at me with them big brown eyes* | *然后她用琥珀色的大眼看着我* |
[50:21] | *And said* | *说到* |
[50:22] | *You ain’t seen nothin’ yet* | *你还什么都没见识到* |
[50:25] | *B-b-baby, you just ain’t seen nothin’ yet* | *宝贝 你还什么都没见识到* |
[50:29] | *Here’s somethin’…* | *有些东西* |
[50:30] | *Here’s somethin’ you’re never gonna forget, baby* | *你一试便永难忘怀* |
[51:12] | Julia’s phone. Leave a message. | 茱莉亚的电话 请留言 |
[51:15] | Julia, it’s Patrick. | 茱莉亚 我是帕特里克 |
[51:20] | Are you hiding behind your machine? | 你躲在电话后面吗 |
[51:28] | Oh, well. | 好吧 |
[51:36] | Are you? | 你是吗 |
[51:43] | I feel a little… | 我觉得自己… |
[51:45] | in freefall here. | 在坠落 |
[51:51] | Just wanted to hear a friendly voice. | 只是想听到熟悉的声音 |
[51:59] | Oh, well. | 好吧 |
[52:06] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[52:36] | There you are! We were about to call the police. | 你在这呢 我们正要报警了 |
[52:39] | Well, there’s a slo-bering thought. | 这是个令人”亲醒”的想法 |
[52:41] | Sorry, I had a sudden yen to go to the countryside. | 抱歉 我忽然很想去乡村走走 |
[52:43] | Sobering, sobering! Did I say slo-bering? | 是清醒 清醒 我刚说”亲醒”吗 |
[52:47] | I meant… I meant sobering. | 我是想说清醒 |
[52:49] | I was just talking about how tired | 我刚在聊 |
[52:50] | the children are from playing outside. | 孩子们在室外玩完很累 |
[52:52] | Well, of course, it’s nothing compared to what we used to have. | 当然了 这跟我们以前的房子没得比 |
[52:54] | Our grandfather had a 150-acre garden on Long Island. | 我们祖父以前在长岛有个150英亩的花园 |
[52:58] | I’m not talking about woods and fields– | 我说的不是树林和田地 |
[53:01] | Please, shall we change the subject? | 我们换个话题好吗 |
[53:06] | Henry was telling us all about the Middle East. | 亨利刚正跟我们说中东的事 |
[53:08] | Or we could change it back. | 那还是换回去吧 |
[53:10] | Yes, I was recalling Pearl Harbor. | 没错 我在回想珍珠港的事 |
[53:11] | When Admiral Yamamoto had finished his attack, | 山本上将结束袭击后 |
[53:14] | he said, “Gentlemen, we have roused a sleeping giant.” | 说到 “各位 我们唤醒了沉睡的巨人” |
[53:19] | And it is this thought that should be uppermost | 这才应该是全世界恐怖分子心里 |
[53:21] | in the minds of the world’s terrorists. | 最重要的想法 |
[53:23] | – Mummy! – And their state sponsors. | -妈妈 -也该是他们资助人的想法 |
[53:26] | Mummy, it’s broken! | 妈妈 这个坏了 |
[53:27] | Are you aware of the phrase: | 你们有没有听过这句话 |
[53:29] | “Children should be seen but not heard”? | “小孩子应被看见 但不应被听见” |
[53:33] | Of course. | 当然听过 |
[53:34] | I think it’s nonsense. | 我觉得这是一派胡言 |
[53:36] | Well, for my part, | 对我来说 |
[53:37] | I’ve always found it to be entirely too liberal. | 我一直觉得这太宽容了 |
[53:40] | You’d rather not see him either? | 你连见到他都不想吗 |
[53:43] | Jesus Christ. Nancy, you sound like my father. | 老天 南希 你口气跟我爸一样 |
[53:45] | But, Patrick, we’re just trying to extend some hospitality. | 但帕特里克 我们只是想盛情款待你们 |
[53:49] | And we’re just “Poor white trash” | 我们就只是穷白鬼 |
[53:50] | throwing ourselves on the charity of our American kin. | 来投靠美国亲戚 |
[53:54] | You don’t have to accept it if you don’t want to. | 你不想就不必接受帮助 |
[53:56] | – You’re right. We don’t. – But we’d like to. | -你说得对 我们不想 -但我们希望得到 |
[54:00] | Speak for yourself. | 那是你的想法 |
[54:01] | I am. I’m also trying to speak for our children. | 没错 我也想代表孩子们说话 |
[54:04] | You’re not even speaking for yourself! | 你连自己想法都没说出来 |
[54:06] | “Entirely too liberal”? | “太宽容” |
[54:07] | Come on. Fuck off! | 得了吧 滚你妈的 |
[54:16] | Less than 24 hours. | 不到24小时 |
[54:19] | A new personal best. | 打破个人记录 |
[54:21] | Hardly worth unpacking. | 都没必要把行李拿出来 |
[54:23] | You’re safely installed with your lover, I see. | 看来你已经跟你爱人安顿好了 |
[54:26] | I’ll move him to the other side. | 我会把他挪到另一边 |
[54:28] | No, don’t. God forbid you should actually spare one drop, | 别啊 千万别保留你对孩子们的爱 |
[54:31] | one actual drop of love from the children– | 哪怕是一分一毫 |
[54:32] | Lower… Lower your voice! | 小声点 小声点 |
[54:35] | No, you’re right, I have no love or affection for you | 你说得对 你像现在这样时 |
[54:37] | when you’re like this. | 我对你毫无爱意和感情 |
[54:39] | And the rest of the time? | 那其余时间呢 |
[54:41] | The rest of the time? | 其余时间 |
[54:44] | I think you should know… | 我应该告诉你 |
[54:48] | ..I’ve started imagining life without you. | 我已经开始想象没有你的生活 |
[54:51] | Any compassion or patience I might have had, it… | 我也许曾有过的同情和耐心 |
[54:56] | ..It’s all dried up. | 都枯竭了 |
[54:59] | It’s not just the drinking | 不只是因为你酗酒 |
[55:01] | or this… demeaning thing with Julia – | 或和茱莉亚不光彩的事 |
[55:07] | demeaning to you as much as me… | 那对你和我都一样侮辱 |
[55:11] | ..Or this mindless destruction. | 或这无意识的破坏 |
[55:13] | It’s the way the children are involved. | 是因为孩子们被卷进来了 |
[55:21] | That thing Nancy said tonight about… | 南希今晚说的 |
[55:24] | ..Watching her father destroy his life. | 看着她父亲毁掉自己的生活 |
[55:29] | That’s what Robert saw this evening. | 就是罗伯特今晚看到的 |
[55:34] | And yet you don’t stop. | 但你仍然不停止 |
[55:40] | If you can’t change… | 如果你无法改变 |
[55:43] | ..You have to go. | 你就得离开 |
[56:51] | Supper, madame. | 吃晚饭了 夫人 |
[56:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[57:15] | Et voilà. | 给 |
[57:28] | Love… | 这… |
[57:30] | Lovely… | 这里 |
[57:32] | spot. | 很美 |