英文名称:Million Dollar Arm
年代:2014
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | 百万金臂 | |
[00:57] | 基于真实故事改编 | |
[01:04] | It’s a simple fact that not everyone is destined | 显而易见 并不是每个人 |
[01:08] | to claim their page in the history books. | 都注定能名留青史 |
[01:11] | But a lot of people | 但很多人 |
[01:12] | are willing to pay for a piece of it. | 都愿意为此付出一切 |
[01:19] | Pope, you are about to break | 蒲伯 你要去打破 |
[01:22] | the NFL single-season sack record, | 橄榄球联盟单季赛的四分卫的记录 |
[01:24] | and when you do, you deserve to cash in, plain and simple. | 而当你成功的时候 自然就会有钱跑进你的口袋 |
[01:30] | That’s where Seven Figures Management comes in. | 那就是百万管理公司的经济来源 |
[01:32] | We make sure that when you reach a career milestone like that, | 我们会确保你会像那样到达职业里程碑 |
[01:35] | that you are rewarded for that achievement, | 你也会因此得到奖励 |
[01:37] | in short, that you get paid very well. | 简单来说 你会得到非常丰厚的回报 |
[01:43] | Now, my question to you, Popo, is… | 现在 波波 我要问你的是… |
[01:47] | Will you let me help you do that? | 你愿意让我帮你吗? |
[01:54] | – That was perfect. – Yeah? | – 太赞了 – 是吗? |
[01:55] | Yes, that was amazing. | 没错 简直太棒了 |
[01:57] | He’s here, JB. | 他在这儿 JB |
[02:00] | – What? He’s early. – He’s still here. | – 什么? 他早到了 – 他还没走 |
[02:05] | Okay, time to go. Let’s do this. | 好吧 该走了 行动吧 |
[02:07] | Knock him dead, partner. | 搞死他 伙计 |
[02:11] | That’s where Seven Figures Management comes in. | 那就是百万管理公司的经济来源 |
[02:14] | We make sure that when you reach a milestone like that in your career, | 我们会确保你会像那样到达职业里程碑 |
[02:17] | that you are rewarded for that achievement. | 你也会因此得到奖励 |
[02:20] | So my question to you is very simple, Popo. | 现在 我要问你个很简单的问题 波波 |
[02:25] | Will you let me help you do that? | 你愿意让我帮你吗? |
[02:31] | Yeah, I will. | 是的 我愿意 |
[02:35] | Well, that is… That is good news, Popo. | 这…这真是个好消息 波波 |
[02:38] | Why are we wasting time in here? | 那我们为什么还在这儿浪费时间呢? |
[02:40] | Let me go get your paperwork started, | 那我们就开始准备材料吧 |
[02:41] | and then I’ll introduce you to your new team. | 我会介绍你和新团队认识的 |
[02:44] | Cool. | 好的 |
[02:45] | Oh. Just one more thing, JB. | 还有一件事 JB |
[02:47] | Name it. | 你说 |
[02:48] | I’m gonna need a million-dollar signing bonus. | 我想要一百万美金签约费 |
[02:53] | – What? – You know, like, a million in cash. | – 什么? – 你懂得 一百万现金 |
[02:57] | Up front. | 作为预付款 |
[02:59] | Oh… Okay, Popo… | 是这样 波波 |
[03:03] | I can’t do that. I mean, that just doesn’t happen. | 这个我办不到 这是不可能的 |
[03:07] | – I mean, no one can do that. – Procorp can. | – 我是说 没人会同意这样做 – 普若克堡公司就行 |
[03:57] | Paul Carter, please. | 请帮我接保罗·卡特 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1339个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:189个,六级词汇:90个,GRE词汇:104个,托福词汇:137个,考研词汇:210个,专四词汇:184个,专八词汇:29个, 所有生词标注共:383个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:01] | Paul, hey. JB Bernstein. | 保罗 嘿 我是JB·伯恩斯坦 |
[04:05] | I’m great. Thank you. | 我很好 谢谢关心 |
[04:11] | No, the reason I’m calling is | 不 我之所以打过来 |
[04:14] | cause I wanted to let you know that I | 是因为我想让你知道 |
[04:18] | can’t get you that check this week. | 这礼拜我没办法给你支票了 |
[04:22] | No. No, no, no. We still want the office space. | 不不不不 我们还是想留下办公室的 |
[04:27] | Uh, just a couple more months. | 只是要一两个月的时间 |
[04:30] | I didn’t even know | 我都不知道 |
[04:32] | he was talking to Procorp. | 他已经和普若克堡公司谈过了 |
[04:33] | Well, they got to him. | 是他们找上他的 |
[04:34] | Yeah, you know, what they’re doing is completely unethical, okay? | 他们这样完全是不道德的 好吗? |
[04:37] | We’ve been grooming the guy for six months. | 我们培养了这家伙六个月 |
[04:39] | I mean, six months. Come on. | 整整六个月啊 我的老天爷啊 |
[04:41] | And then, poof, he’s gone. They bought him? | 然后他就这样拍屁股走人 他们把他给收买了? |
[04:44] | Speak of the devil. | 说曹操 曹操到 |
[04:50] | I hate them so much. | 我实在太讨厌他们了 |
[05:06] | We just need another play. | 我们还需要一次比赛 |
[05:07] | We don’t have another play, okay? | 我们再没有比赛了 好吗? |
[05:09] | They just bought our play. | 这场比赛他们赢定了 |
[05:11] | And we can’t compete with them. They’re too big. | 我们根本没办法和他们抗衡 他们太强了 |
[05:13] | You want to go back? Huh? | 你想回头了? 啊? |
[05:16] | You wanna work at the Death Star? | 想去克星那干? |
[05:18] | No, I don’t wanna work at the Death Star. I hated the Death Star. | 不我不想去克星那 我恨死克星了 |
[05:20] | I wanna work for us, I wanna work for you, but, look, | 我想为我们 为你工作 但你看 |
[05:22] | come on, this is not really working. | 这些真没起什么作用 |
[05:25] | Yet. It’s not working yet. | 还没 只是还没起作用而已 |
[05:28] | Come on. May I remind you, please, that we had some very good clients. | 打起精神来 别忘了 我们还有许多好客户 |
[05:31] | Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin. | 艾米特·史密斯 巴里·桑德斯 柯蒂斯·马丁 |
[05:33] | Okay. May I remind you that they are all retired. | 那你也别忘了 他们都已经退休了 |
[05:36] | My point is simply that we did it before, we can do it again. | 我只是想说我们以前成功过 我们可以再来一遍 |
[05:40] | That’s how this works. We just have to hold it together. | 就是这样起作用的 只要我们一起坚持下去 |
[05:44] | Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome | 女士们先生们 请欢迎 |
[05:46] | the Los Angeles Clippers! | 洛杉矶快艇队! |
[05:49] | I feel sick. Can we go? | 我受不了了 我们能走了吗? |
[05:52] | How about that baseball owner you know? | 你认识的那个棒球队老板怎么样了? |
[05:54] | – What was his name? – William Chang. | – 他叫什么来着? – 威廉·张 |
[05:56] | Big money guy out of San Francisco | 从旧金山出来的有钱人 |
[05:58] | looking for investment opportunities in Asia. | 一直在亚洲寻找投资机会 |
[06:00] | Except we don’t have anything in Asia. | 但我们在亚洲什么都没有 |
[06:02] | Maybe we should find something. Think about Yao Ming. | 也许我们也能发现商机 看看姚明 |
[06:05] | That dude’s worth a hundred million in Chinese endorsements. | 那家伙在中国的代言可值一亿元 |
[06:08] | We just need to find our Yao. | 我们只需找到我们自己的姚明 |
[06:09] | Okay. When it comes to China, we are late to the party. China’s tapped. | 好吧 说到中国 我们已经晚了 中国市场已经被挖过了 |
[06:12] | – Fine, Taiwan. – Tapped. | – 那就台湾 – 挖过了 |
[06:15] | – South Korea. – Tapped. | – 那韩国 – 挖过了 |
[06:18] | North Korea. | 北朝鲜 |
[06:19] | Great. I’ll set up a meeting. | 好极了 我会召开一个会议 |
[06:22] | All right. Well, then, this. What if we go young? | 好吧 这样 那如果我们找点年轻的小伙呢? |
[06:25] | Find some kid, develop the talent. | 找些小孩子 开发他们的才能 |
[06:27] | Get in on the ground floor. | 从基础开始 |
[06:28] | Mmm. Hey, the Red Sox just signed an 8-year-old. | 嘿 红袜队刚签了一个八岁孩子 |
[06:32] | All right. Maybe we hang out at maternity wards. | 好吧 也许我们该去产科病房逛逛 |
[06:35] | Yeah, last time I did that, I came home with twins. | 上次我那么做的时候 带了俩双胞胎回家 |
[06:38] | Right. Bad idea. | 好吧 这不是个好主意 |
[06:41] | Hey, listen, you are gonna love it when it happens to you. | 嘿 听着 当这真实发生的时候你就会爱上这一切 |
[06:45] | You just need to jump on in. | 你只需要投入进去 |
[06:48] | Ah, look at that. Cricket. | 看那个 板球 |
[06:51] | – Oh, come on. – Come on. it relaxes me, all right? | – 拜托 – 拜托 我就靠这放松的 好吗? |
[06:53] | I used to watch this with my dad. It’s a great game. | 我以前和我爸一起看 这运动很赞 |
[06:55] | – It’s not a great game. – It is a great game. | – 这运动很渣 – 这运动很赞 |
[06:57] | It looks like an insane asylum was opened up | 这看上去像是某个精神病院放假了 |
[06:59] | and all the inmates were allowed to create a sport. | 然后病人们弄出的体育运动 |
[07:01] | That is just not true. Okay? A billion people play this game. | 才不是那样好吗? 有十亿的人在玩板球呢 |
[07:04] | I don’t care. It’s because anybody can play it. | 我才不在乎 因为谁都能玩 |
[07:06] | There’s no discernible rules. | 这又没什么特定规则 |
[07:08] | You hit the ball anywhere you want and it’s apparently fair. | 你把球打到你想要打去的任何地方 很公平 |
[07:11] | And then you run back and forth and tag each other with bats. | 然后你来回跑用球拍接对方的球 |
[07:14] | This is nonsense. Toddlers can play this game. | 简直像是过家家 穿开裆裤的娃儿都能玩 |
[07:17] | Okay, are you even listening to yourself right now? | 好吧 听听你自己说的话? |
[07:19] | Do you realize how stupid you sound? | 你发现自己有多蠢了吗? |
[07:22] | It is a brilliant game. | 这是个棒呆了的运动 |
[07:25] | And I am in trouble. | 我有麻烦了 |
[07:27] | You’re not driving. | 你又没开车 |
[07:29] | Oh, my wife loves it | 当我醉到 |
[07:31] | when I have to take a cab home cause I’m so intoxicated. | 不得不打的回家的时候 我老婆最高兴了 |
[07:34] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[07:38] | – Good night, guys. – Night. | – 晚安 伙计们 – 晚安 |
[07:41] | – Who’s that? – What? She’s my tenant. | – 那是? – 你说谁? 她是我的租客 |
[07:45] | She lives in the bungalow out back. | 她住在我们后面的平房里 |
[07:46] | Wow. Backyard hottie. | 哇哦 金屋藏娇嘛 |
[07:48] | No. She’s not my type. | 不 她不是我的菜 |
[07:50] | Oh, really? | 哦 真的吗? |
[07:52] | Why? Because she’s not a model? | 为什么? 因为她不是个模特? |
[07:56] | Yeah, cause she’s not a model. | 对 因为她不是个模特 |
[07:57] | What is wrong with you, okay? She’s cute. | 你到底哪儿有问题? 她很可爱 |
[07:59] | Have you seen her? She’s cute. And what does she do? | 你没看到吗? 她真的很可爱 她做什么的? |
[08:02] | I don’t know. She’s studying to be a doctor. | 我不清楚 她貌似还在医学院读书 |
[08:03] | Oh, she’s studying to be a doctor. Oh, my God. Ew! | 在医学院读书 天哪! |
[08:07] | Yeah, stay away from that. | 还是离她远点吧 |
[08:09] | Because she’s not a model and she’s smart. That’s terrible. | 因为她不是模特还很聪明 太糟了 |
[08:14] | – Mañana, bro. – All right. Get home safe. | – 明儿见 伙计 – 好 安全到家 |
[08:17] | We’re gonna figure this out. | 我们会一起共度难关的 |
[08:26] | I don’t know how much longer I can do this, JB. | 我不知道我还能坚持多久 JB |
[08:32] | Look, we said we were gonna give it two years on our own, | 你看 我们说了要靠自己先奋斗个两年 |
[08:34] | and it’s been three now | 而现在已经三年了 |
[08:36] | and we still can’t seem to sign a new client. | 而还是没看到我们能签一个新客户的希望 |
[08:39] | Yeah, I know. I’m aware of that. | 我知道 我发现了 |
[08:41] | But, look, we just need one big client… | 但你看 我们只要找到一个大客户… |
[08:42] | Yeah, that was Popo. Popo was our guy. | 是啊 他就是波波 波波就是我们要找的人 |
[08:50] | I don’t want to quit on you. I don’t. | 我不想辞职离开你 我真的不想 |
[08:55] | I just don’t know what else to do. | 我只是不知道我还有什么能做的 |
[08:59] | We’re gonna crack this thing, Aash. | 我们会解决这些问题的 安什 |
[09:06] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:11] | We’re gonna crack it, Aash. | 我们会解决这些问题的 安什 |
[09:26] | I dreamed a dream in time gone by | # 我又梦见过往的时光 # |
[09:32] | When hope was high and life worth living… | # 那时的我 希望满怀 生活澎湃 # |
[09:36] | Youse didn’t expect that, did you? Did you? No. | 你可没想到会这样吧? 是吗? 不可能 |
[09:38] | I dreamed that love would never die… | # 我梦见真爱不渝 # |
[09:46] | …in front to have in the back… | …前后都有… |
[09:47] | …downtown Los Angeles… | …洛杉矶市中心… |
[09:49] | …oxygen to every load to boost your detergent… | …每勺子所负载的氧分子都在增强去污力… |
[09:52] | Certainly a big series for Matt Prior. | 这对马特·普莱尔来说是很重要的 |
[09:54] | Disappointing against the Indians in the test. | 对战印度队那场比赛中 他的表现令人失望 |
[09:57] | – Seventy runs. – Chance to make amends today. | – 失了七十分 – 今天是个弥补的好机会 |
[09:59] | One of the things about… | 其中一件事… |
[10:00] | …die | # …不渝 # |
[10:03] | I dreamed that God would be forgiving | # 我梦见主爱无限 # |
[10:10] | Then I was young and unafraid… | # 那时的我 年少轻狂 # |
[10:15] | …of the wicket, a wide half-volley. | …在三柱门那里 一个远距离反弹球 |
[10:17] | – Cook knows it. – Oh, my. | – 库克发现了 – 哦天 |
[10:20] | So different from this hell I’m living… | 可我现在身处地狱 |
[10:24] | It’s been a successful | 阿拉斯泰尔·库克 |
[10:26] | performance from Alastair Cook… | 表现得太棒了… |
[10:44] | Hey. How fast do they pitch in cricket? | 嘿 他们扔板球的速度多快? |
[10:48] | Fine, bowl. How fast do they bowl in cricket? | 好吧 投吧 他们投板球的速度多快? |
[10:54] | You know what? Get me a meeting with Chang this week. | 知道吗? 这礼拜给我安排和张开个会 |
[10:58] | I think I cracked this. | 我想我找到解决困难的办法 |
[11:03] | They don’t play baseball in India. | 在印度 没人打棒球 |
[11:04] | That’s right. They don’t. They play cricket. | 没问题 不打就不打 但他们打板球 |
[11:06] | But we think that we can convert a cricket bowler into a baseball pitcher. | 我们完全可以把一个板球运动员变成打棒球的 |
[11:12] | Look, India is the last great untapped market. | 看 印度是最后一个巨大的未被开发的市场 |
[11:16] | We find new fans there for American baseball, | 我们可以在印度为美国棒球迷找到崇拜的对象 |
[11:19] | the financial opportunities are endless. | 在那儿的挖金机会无限 |
[11:22] | Mr. Chang, if we can deliver to Major League Baseball | 张先生 如果我们可以向美国职棒大联盟 |
[11:25] | its first Indian ballplayer, | 推荐第一个印度籍棒球手 |
[11:27] | that’s a billion new fans. | 就会有十亿的新粉丝 |
[11:30] | What do a billion new fans need? | 十亿新粉丝会需要什么? |
[11:31] | A billion hats. A billion T-shirts. | 就会多要十亿个棒球帽 十亿件棒球衫 |
[11:35] | And you wanna set this up like it’s a talent contest? | 你想把它弄成个英才选拔赛? |
[11:38] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[11:39] | That will ensure maximum exposure of talent to press. | 那样能保证媒体最大限度得爆料出天才们 |
[11:44] | See, once we go over there and find these guys, | 这样子 我们只要去那里 找到这些人 |
[11:45] | we bring them back here, we train them in LA, | 把他们带回洛杉矶训练 |
[11:48] | and then we get them signed with a professional franchise. | 然后让他们和专业公司签约 |
[11:53] | – What’s your timeline? – Two years. | – 那你要多少时间呢? – 两年 |
[11:58] | Can you do it in one? | 一年之内能完成吗? |
[12:01] | Sure. | 行 |
[12:03] | Really? A year? Because I thought we said two. | 你认真的? 一年? 我以为我们说好两年的 |
[12:05] | I had to hook him. | 我必须吊住他 |
[12:07] | Okay, we can’t find and train two nobodies in a year. | 好吧 我们不可能找俩没名气的孩子 又在一年之内训练好他们 |
[12:09] | It can’t be done. | 根本不可能 |
[12:11] | Well, without this deal, we’re done. | 好吧 但如果没这个计划 我们就完了 |
[12:12] | So I just saved our business, Aash. You should be thanking me. | 我只是在挽救我们的生意 安什 你该感谢我才对 |
[12:14] | Oh, I would thank you if the deal wasn’t insane. | 如果这交易能成功 我是该感谢你 |
[12:17] | – Well, apparently Chang didn’t think so. – Chang is rich. | – 你看张并不觉得这交易会失败 – 张有钱 |
[12:20] | You know what rich people can do? | 那你知道有钱人都干嘛吗? |
[12:21] | They can be insane. We can’t, okay? | 他们有资本疯狂 而我们却不行 好吗? |
[12:23] | We can’t find somebody who has never picked up a baseball | 我们不能随便找个根本没捡过棒球的人 |
[12:26] | and teach them how to pitch. | 教他怎么扔球 |
[12:28] | You’re right, we can’t. But I know someone who can. | 你说得对 我们是不能 但我知道有人可以 |
[12:31] | Cross it over. | 双手交叉 |
[12:33] | Bend it deep. | 蹲下点 |
[12:34] | Pre-set your fanny. | 调整好臀部 |
[12:38] | Lift and plant hard. | 抬起 往侧边用力靠 |
[12:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:44] | That’s our guy. Tom House. | 那就是我们要找的人 汤姆·豪斯 |
[12:45] | Glove out front. | 手套向前 |
[12:47] | PhD in psychology- | 心理学博士 |
[12:48] | Thirty years in the big leagues as a player and a coach. | 在大联盟里作为选手和教练已经三十年了 |
[12:49] | Don’t move your head. | 头不要动 |
[12:51] | Half of baseball thinks he’s absolutely crazy, | 有一半棒球队的人觉得他绝对是个疯子 |
[12:53] | but you can’t argue with his results. | 但他的成就不容置疑 |
[12:56] | Ball on wall. Glove on wall. Knee on wall. | 球放墙上 手套放墙上 膝盖也放墙上 |
[12:59] | If anybody can do it, he can. | 要是有人能帮我们的话 那一定是他 |
[13:00] | It can’t be done. | 没可能的 |
[13:02] | Cricket and baseball are two completely different throwing motions. | 板球和棒球的投球方法就完全不同 |
[13:07] | The biomechanics, the timing, the sequencing, | 从生物力学上 时间控制上 后续动作上 |
[13:10] | it’s just not the same at all. | 都完全不一样 |
[13:12] | I mean, even if you found me a couple of kids, | 我的意思是 即使你给我找来几个孩子 |
[13:16] | there’s no way they’d be ready for a pro tryout, | 他们也不可能成为合格的选手 |
[13:18] | not in a year. | 至少一年内不行 |
[13:20] | So you’re saying it’s impossible? | 所以你指这不可能? |
[13:21] | I’m not saying it’s impossible. | 我可没说这不可能 |
[13:23] | I’m just saying it’s… It’s highly improbable. | 我只是说… 这可能性很小 |
[13:29] | Why don’t you consider it a highly improbable challenge? | 为什么你不把这当做一个高难度挑战呢? |
[13:32] | Think about it. If it doesn’t work, who cares? | 考虑一下吧 即便失败了 谁在乎呢? |
[13:34] | No harm, no foul. | 完全无害 也不犯规 |
[13:36] | But if it does work | 但如果成功了 |
[13:38] | and you take two kids from the middle of India | 你从印度中部找了两个 |
[13:40] | who’ve never picked up a baseball in their lives | 一辈子都没碰过棒球的孩子 |
[13:42] | and turn them into Major League prospects in one year… | 而且在一年之内把他们变成职业联盟的棒球选手… |
[13:46] | Well, I can’t think of a better plug | 我想没有比这个 |
[13:50] | for your methods than that, can you? | 更挑战你技术的了 是吗? |
[13:54] | You certainly don’t need any help with your pitching, do you? | 你确定你的投球不需要帮助么? |
[13:58] | JB, I’ve been through the entire list. | JB 我仔细看了一下全部的名单 |
[14:00] | I cannot find a single Major League scout | 没有找到一个职业联盟的球探 |
[14:02] | that’s willing to travel around India for three months. | 愿意用三个月的时间走遍全印度 |
[14:04] | I can’t be there without a scout of some kind. | 要是没有球探的话 我也去不了 |
[14:06] | Yeah, no kidding. | 对啊 没开玩笑 |
[14:07] | I need someone that’s gonna be there in a month for the start of qualifiers. | 我需要一个月内能到印度做前期选拔的人 |
[14:10] | – I know that. – Hold on. Hold on. | – 我知道 – 等一下 等一下 |
[14:12] | Hi. Are you leaving? | 嗨 你要出去? |
[14:13] | – Yeah, I have to go. – Don’t go. | – 是的 我得走了 – 别走嘛 |
[14:15] | I have to. Don’t forget about me. | 非走不行 别忘了我呢 |
[14:17] | I will not forget about you. I’ll miss you. | 我不会忘了你的 我会想你的 |
[14:19] | Okay. Bring me something. | 好吧 给我带礼物 |
[14:21] | – I will bring you something. – You better. | – 我会给你带礼物的 – 那样最好 |
[14:25] | You know, I really wish I hadn’t heard that. | 我真希望刚才啥都没听见 |
[14:26] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[14:27] | Yeah, well, if you saw her, you would understand. | 好吧 如果你见过她 就会明白的 |
[14:30] | – Send me a picture of her? – No, I’m not sending you… | – 给我发张照片呗? – 我才不给你发… |
[14:33] | Are we 14? | 我们还未成年吗? |
[14:34] | I have to call you back. | 我待会打给你了 |
[14:38] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[14:39] | My washing machine’s broken again. This time I think it’s dead. | 我的洗衣机又坏了 这次估计是彻底完了 |
[14:42] | – Why? – Yeah, well, it’s smoking. | – 为什么? – 因为 它都冒烟了 |
[14:44] | Literally, from the back. And it’s making this really loud noise. | 真的 从机器后面 而且噪音超级大 |
[14:47] | It’s similar to ker-chug, ker-chug, ker-chug. | 那个声音就像 咳嚓 咳嚓 咳嚓 |
[14:49] | Okay, okay, Okay- | 好的 好的 好的 |
[14:51] | I’m leaving for India today. | 我今天要去印度了 |
[14:53] | Oh, that’s cool. | 哦 真棒 |
[14:54] | So I don’t really have time to deal with this. | 所以我不一定有时间处理这个 |
[14:56] | And I also really don’t have the money right now. | 而且我暂时还没有钱 |
[14:59] | So could you do me a favor | 所以你能不能帮个忙 |
[15:01] | and could you, while I’m gone, just use mine? | 你能不能 等我走了之后 就用我的? |
[15:07] | Could you throw in free detergent and the use of your barbecue? | 清洁剂和烧烤盘能不能随便用? |
[15:12] | – Okay, deal. – All right, deal. Thanks, man. | – 好的 说定了 – 好的 成交 谢谢了 兄弟 |
[15:14] | – You’re welcome. – Gracias. | – 不客气 – 我叫格拉夏斯 |
[15:28] | I think I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[16:03] | Oh! Okay. Hi, Theresa. Vivek never showed up. | 哦 你好 特丽莎·维维克没有来 |
[16:07] | Been waiting there for three hours. I’m in a cab now. | 我在那等了三个小时 我现在在出租车上 |
[16:09] | Well, if you hear from him, have him call me on this mobile. | 如果你联系到他 告诉他打我这个号码 |
[16:12] | You have it? Okay. | 明白了么? 好的 |
[16:15] | Bye. | 再见 |
[16:16] | What is with all the honking? | 你老按喇叭干什么? |
[16:18] | Yes, sir. Yes, sir. | 好的先生 好的先生 |
[16:28] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:29] | Sir. That’s the place, sir. | 先生 就是那里 先生 |
[16:31] | – Here. – 183? | – 这里 – 183号? |
[16:33] | Yes, sir. Yes, sir. Upstairs, upstairs. | 是的 先生 楼上 楼上 |
[16:37] | All right. All right. | 好的 好的 |
[16:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:50] | Hi, there. Excuse me. Sorry. | 你好 不好意思 对不起 |
[16:52] | Whoops. Yep, there we go. That’s my fault. | 哎呀 好 就这样吧 我的错 |
[16:56] | Can you tell me which one 3B is? | 能告诉我哪个是3B么? |
[17:03] | Hello. I’m JB Bernstein. | 你好 我是JB·伯恩斯坦 |
[17:06] | JBB, sir. Hello. I’m Vivek. | JBB 先生 你好 我是维维克 |
[17:10] | Weren’t you supposed to pick me up at the airport today? | 你今天不是应该去机场接我的么? |
[17:13] | Yes, but that is tomorrow. | 是的 但应该是明天 |
[17:16] | No, Vivek, today. | 不对 维维克 今天 |
[17:18] | That’s why I’m standing here. | 所以我现在站在这了 |
[17:21] | I was certain that it was tomorrow, JB sir. | 我确定应该是明天 JB先生 |
[17:25] | I tried calling you all day. | 我给你打了半天电话 |
[17:27] | The telephone lines are not up yet | 电话线路还没好呢 |
[17:29] | and I’ve been busy on my cell phone, you know, | 我手机一直通话中 |
[17:30] | trying to resolve the issue. | 忙着解决问题呢 |
[17:32] | But, anyway, you are here now. | 但不管怎么着 你已经到这了 |
[17:34] | We are very excited about Million Dollar Arm, JBB, sir. | 我们对百万金臂JBB先生的到来表示十分兴奋 |
[17:38] | Thank you. And it’s just JB. | 谢谢 我就叫JB |
[17:41] | – Okay. – One “B.” | – 好吧 – 就一个B |
[17:43] | – JB. – No “sir.” | – JB – 没有”先生” |
[17:45] | – So this is our office? – Yes, JB. | – 这就是我们的办公室? – 是的 JB |
[17:49] | Is there always this much traffic? | 这里交通总是拥挤? |
[17:50] | There’s always traffic in Mumbai, JB. | 孟买的交通一向如此 JB |
[17:53] | What’s with the honking? | 为什么总是按喇叭呢? |
[17:55] | Indians love honking, JB. | 印度人就喜欢按喇叭 JB |
[17:56] | I don’t know why. It doesn’t help. | 我也不知道为什么 就是控制不住 |
[17:59] | Anyway, you settle down, and then whenever you are ready, | 不管别的 你先住下 等你准备好了 |
[18:02] | we can have a status report meeting. | 我们开一个现状报告会 |
[18:04] | Great. I’m ready. Let’s do it. | 太好了 我准备好了 这就开吧 |
[18:08] | – Right away? – Yes. | – 马上? – 是的 |
[18:11] | Oh, okay. | 噢 好的 |
[18:19] | First of all, I am happy to inform you | 首先 我很高兴告诉你 |
[18:21] | that all our plans are running smoothly and on time. | 我们所有的计划都在按时顺利进行 |
[18:24] | Great. Can I see the flyers? | 好的 我能看看传单么? |
[18:26] | Flyers are not here yet. | 传单还没来 |
[18:28] | They are at the printers. We are trying to get them. | 在印刷厂 我们正要去拿 |
[18:31] | Okay. How about the T-shirts? | 好的 T恤准备的怎么样了? |
[18:34] | They are at the warehouse. | 都在仓库呢 |
[18:35] | We are trying to get them, too. | 我们也正要去拿 |
[18:38] | Okay, but the equipment that we sent over, | 好吧 那我们送来的装备呢 |
[18:40] | the batting cages, balls, bats, that’s all here? | 挡网 球 球拍 都送来了没? |
[18:43] | I’m happy to confirm that they all are here in India. | 很高兴告诉你它们都到印度了 |
[18:48] | But you don’t have them here? | 但是你还没有拿过来? |
[18:52] | No. They are at the customs. | 不是 它们都在海关 |
[18:53] | I think we should be working on that. | 我想我们得去那想想办法 |
[18:56] | Okay, Vivek, I need things to run on time and smoothly, | 好了 维维克 我需要的是一切都运行的准时而顺畅 |
[19:01] | but actually run on time and smoothly, | 是真正的那种准时顺畅 |
[19:03] | not Indian on time and smoothly. | 不是印度式的准时顺畅 |
[19:06] | You know, here in India, we do things | 你知道 在印度 我们做事 |
[19:08] | a little differently than in the US. | 跟在美国有一点区别 |
[19:13] | Okay, so, | 所以呢 |
[19:16] | what do we have to do to get our stuff? | 我们怎么才能拿到东西? |
[19:20] | Uh, we have to pay money. | 嗯 我们得给钱 |
[19:22] | Pay money. Like a bribe? | 给钱 就像贿赂一样? |
[19:25] | No, no, no. Not a… Not a bribe. | 不不不 不是…贿赂 |
[19:28] | I mean, why use such words? | 我是说 怎么能用这个词呢? |
[19:30] | We call it “bypassing the system.” | 我们管这个叫”绕过系统” |
[19:32] | The systems in India are very slow, so we bypass them. | 印度的行政系统是效率很低 所以我们绕过它 |
[19:37] | – By paying money. – That’s the Indian way. | – 通过给钱的方式 – 这是印度式方法 |
[19:40] | Indians love honking and bypassing the system. | 印度人喜欢按喇叭和绕过系统 |
[19:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:47] | Let’s do it. | 我们动手吧 |
[19:54] | He says come after three weeks. | 他说三个星期之后再来 |
[19:56] | What do you want? You want more? | 你想怎样? 想多要钱? |
[19:58] | How much do you want? | 你想要多少钱? |
[20:00] | Get lost! | 滚开! |
[20:01] | Vivek, explain to me why we can’t bypass that guy. | 维维克 你给我解释一下我们怎么就绕不过那个人 |
[20:04] | We can, but not in there, JB. | 我们可以 但是不能在那 JB |
[20:06] | – All right, well, where? – Ah. Well, I don’t know yet. | – 好吧 那在哪儿? – 啊 我也不知道 |
[20:10] | You know what, Vivek, | 你知道么 维维克 |
[20:11] | I’m starting to lose patience with this whole plan of yours. | 我开始对你的整个计划丧失耐心了 |
[20:13] | Don’t lose patience, JB. You are going to need it in India. | 要有耐心 JB 这是在印度必需的 |
[20:18] | Ah, here he is. | 啊 他在这呢 |
[20:26] | He says he’ll do it here! | 他说他在这能办! |
[20:27] | Here? In the middle of the street? | 这里? 在大街的正中间? |
[20:29] | That’s where he wants to bypass the system. Really? | 这就是他想绕过系统的地方 开玩笑呢? |
[20:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:46] | Hey. What’s up? | 嘿 怎么了? |
[20:48] | – I found our scout. – Really? Who? | – 我找到球探了 – 是嘛 谁? |
[20:51] | Ray Poitevint. He’s one of the best. | 雷·波特文 他是最好的 |
[20:53] | He’s retired, but House says he can be there in two weeks. | 他退休了 但俱乐部说他两周之内能到 |
[20:57] | – Oh, that’s great. Great news. – You’re welcome. | – 太棒了 好消息啊 – 不客气 |
[21:00] | All right, listen, I’ll call you tomorrow. | 好吧 那个 我明天打给你 |
[21:02] | All right, I’ll see you later. | 好的 回见 |
[21:04] | – Bye. – Excuse me, sir. | – 再见 – 不好意思 先生 |
[21:06] | – Are you JB Bernstein? – Yes, I am. | – 你是JB·伯恩斯坦? – 没错 我是 |
[21:09] | Hello, sir. I am Amit Rohan. | 你好 先生 我是阿米特·罗翰 |
[21:11] | I love baseball. | 我喜欢棒球 |
[21:13] | I would like very much to work with you on The Million Dollar Arm. | 我非常愿意加入您的百万金臂计划 |
[21:16] | Great. Tryouts in Mumbai are at the end of the month. | 太好了 孟买的选拔赛将在月底举行 |
[21:19] | Come on by. | 到时候过来 |
[21:23] | Lobby, sir. | 休息室到了 先生 |
[21:24] | JB sir, I don’t play baseball. | JB先生 我不打棒球的 |
[21:27] | Look at me. Too small to compete. | 您看我啊 打比赛个头太小了 |
[21:29] | But I teach baseball in New Mumbai. | 但是我在新孟买教棒球 |
[21:31] | – You do? – Yes, sir. | – 真的? – 是的先生 |
[21:32] | At my college I have seven students. | 在我们学院有七名学生 |
[21:34] | Ask me any question about the game of baseball, | 只要是关于棒球比赛的问题 您尽管问 |
[21:36] | I will tell you. Ask me. | 我都能告诉您 您问就行了 |
[21:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:39] | How many innings does a starting pitcher | 开局投手要投多少局 |
[21:40] | have to pitch to get the win? | 才能保证赢球? |
[21:45] | Can you ask me a different question? | 您能问我个别的问题么? |
[21:46] | No. Goodbye. | 不行 再见 |
[21:47] | Sir. Sir, I’ll work for free, sir. | 先生 我可以不要钱的 先生 |
[21:52] | Really? | 真的? |
[21:54] | Yes, sir. I’ll work for free. | 真的先生 我可以免费工作 |
[21:57] | – When can you start? – Now, sir. | – 你什么时候能开始? – 现在 先生 |
[22:02] | Now is good. Let’s go. | 现在挺好 一起来吧 |
[22:03] | – Really, sir? – Yes. | – 真的么 先生? – 真的 |
[22:04] | – Come. – After you, please. | – 来吧 – 您先请 |
[22:06] | Thank you. Thank you, JB sir. Thank you for this life-changing opportunity. | 太感谢您了 JB先生 谢谢您给了我改变命运的机会 |
[22:09] | Don’t sweat it. Vivek, this is Amit. | 别激动 维维克 这是阿米特 |
[22:11] | He’s gonna be working with us today. | 他今天跟我们一起工作 |
[22:12] | Hello. Amit. | 你好 阿米特 |
[22:13] | All right, boys, let’s go. We got a big day. | 好了 伙计们 咱们走 有很多事要忙呢 |
[22:15] | – We gotta spread the word. – Don’t worry, JB. | – 我们得散布消息 – 别担心 JB |
[22:16] | Indians are very good at spreading the word. | 印度人很擅长散播消息 |
[22:22] | An American company | 一个美国公司 |
[22:23] | is hoping to find a cricketer to throw a very fast ball. | 想找一个能投出快球的板球选手 |
[22:26] | The prize is worth one hundred… | 奖金高达十万… |
[22:28] | …thousand US dollars… | …美元… |
[22:29] | …with the chance to win $1 million. | …更有机会赢得一百万美元奖金 |
[22:35] | But do you think in a country like India, | 但是你觉得像印度这样 |
[22:37] | where we’re obsessed with cricket, | 热爱板球的国家 |
[22:39] | do you really think American baseball will catch on? | 真的能让美国棒球流行起来么? |
[22:58] | You’re sure we don’t need a written contract for the TV studio? | 你确定我们不需要跟电视台签个合同? |
[23:01] | It won’t be necessary, JB. | 不需要 JB |
[23:02] | That just seems crazy to me, even for here. | 那对我来说太离谱了 即使是在印度 |
[23:05] | The TV studios will be there, trust me. | 电视台会到的 相信我 |
[23:08] | You see, Vivek, in the US, | 你知道 维维克 在美国 |
[23:10] | we would get lawyers and write up contracts, | 我们要找律师来签合同 |
[23:13] | and then everything would run smoothly. | 然后所有事情都会进展顺利 |
[23:14] | But do lawyers and contracts | 但是在美国 律师跟合同 |
[23:16] | make things run smoothly in the US? | 真的能让事情进展顺利么? |
[23:18] | No, they generally just confuse the hell out of everything. | 不 他们通常会让事情变得糊里糊涂 |
[23:21] | But it might make me feel better. | 但大概能让我感觉好些 |
[23:22] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[23:24] | JB sir, the Major League Baseball scout Mr. Ray has arrived. | JB先生 职业棒球联盟球探 雷先生已经到了 |
[23:27] | He is in the taxi. | 他在出租车上 |
[23:28] | I went to the airport to pick him up. It’s really exciting. | 我去机场接他 太让人激动了 |
[23:32] | Fantastic. Bring him up. | 太好了 带他过来 |
[23:37] | We cannot do this. | 我们做不到 |
[23:43] | Ray- | 雷- |
[23:45] | Ray! | 雷! |
[23:49] | Is he breathing? | 他还有气儿么? |
[23:52] | Yes. Should I take him to the hospital, sir? | 还有 我要不要送他去医院 先生? |
[23:54] | No, no. Hold on a minute. | 不用 等一下 |
[23:57] | Hey- | 嘿- |
[23:58] | Am I on fire? | 我着火了么? |
[24:01] | No. Sorry about that. | 没有 很抱歉 |
[24:03] | That better be filtered water. | 那水最好是过滤过的 |
[24:06] | – Who are you? – I’m JB Bernstein. | – 你是谁? – 我是 JB·伯恩斯坦 |
[24:09] | – Oh, the agent. – Yes, the agent. | – 哦 那个代理人 – 是的 就是那个代理人 |
[24:13] | – Am I in India? – Yes, yes, India. India, sir. | – 我在印度了? – 是的 是印度 先生 |
[24:16] | – They have hotels in India? – Yes, they do. | – 印度有宾馆么? – 有的 |
[24:19] | Take me to a hotel and don’t wake me up again | 带我去宾馆 然后在有人扔棒球之前 |
[24:21] | until somebody’s throwing a baseball, you got that? | 别吵醒我 明白么? |
[24:24] | All right, well, I just wanna say it’s nice to meet you, | 没问题 我想说 见到您很高兴 |
[24:28] | and get ready, ’cause we’re on the road | 请做好准备 因为我们正在准备 |
[24:30] | first thing in the morning, okay? | 一大早就开始 好么? |
[24:31] | I can’t wait. | 我等不及了 |
[24:37] | – Just take him to the hotel. – Okay, sir. | – 送他去宾馆 – 好的 先生 |
[24:56] | All right, today we’re in Nashik. | 好的 今天我们到了纳什柯 |
[24:58] | – Nas-hik. – Nas-hik. | – 纳西柯 – 纳西柯 |
[24:59] | Tomorrow Jaipur, New Delhi, up to Chandigarh, | 明天去斋蒲尔 新德里 然后去昌迪加尔 |
[25:02] | then we are in Lucknow, Kolkata, | 接着是勒克瑙 加尔各答 |
[25:05] | Bangalore, Goa, then back to Mumbai for the final. | 班加罗尔 果阿 最后回到孟买 |
[25:08] | – How’s that sound, Ray? – Sounds wonderful. | – 听起来怎么样 雷? – 非常好 |
[25:11] | – Are those places? – They are indeed. | – 是那些地方么? – 的确是 |
[25:13] | You like being on the road? | 你喜欢到处奔波么? |
[25:17] | Words cannot express. | 已经无法用言语形容 |
[25:31] | – They all here for us? – Yes, JB. | – 他们都是为我们来的? – 是的 JB |
[25:36] | This is awesome. | 真是太棒了 |
[26:01] | Things are running very smoothly, JB. | 事情进行得很顺利呢 JB |
[26:03] | I guess they are. | 的确 |
[26:04] | – This is great. – We’ll see. | – 这好极了 – 我们拭目以待 |
[26:48] | Vivek, we’ve been here half a day. No one can throw over 45. | 维维克 我们都来了半天了 还没有人能投得超过四十五的 |
[26:51] | JB sir, another 60 men just signed up. | JB先生 又有六十个人报名了 |
[26:54] | Great. | 好极了 |
[26:55] | Ray, how are you gonna know if anyone can throw | 雷 你整天闭着眼睛 |
[26:56] | if you keep your eyes shut all day? | 怎么会知道有投球的能手? |
[26:58] | – I can hear it. – Really? | – 我能听得出来 – 是吗? |
[26:59] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[27:01] | That was about a 43. | 这个大概投到了四十三 |
[27:05] | In an impressive turnout | 今天有大批的人 |
[27:07] | in the city of Nashik today, | 涌现在纳西克市 |
[27:09] | Hundreds of young contestants showed up | 大批的年轻选手来到 |
[27:11] | to try out for the US-based | 美国举办的百万美元投球竞赛现场 |
[27:12] | Million Dollar Arm pitching contest, | 参加选拨 |
[27:15] | which continues to travel across India | 这个竞赛将在印度四处举办 |
[27:17] | in search of a few strong-armed boys. | 力图寻得一些拥有强壮臂膀的男孩 |
[27:19] | Today’s contestants showed exceptional enthusiasm | 今天参赛者对这项运动展示了高涨的热情 |
[27:22] | for a sport which they have likely… | 他们可能会… |
[27:24] | Oh, God, what did I eat? | 天啊 我是吃了什么? |
[27:26] | And yet, despite the massive turnout, | 此外 除去大量的参赛者 |
[27:29] | it seems to be harder than it looks. | 这项运动还是比想象中的要难 |
[27:38] | – Hey. Hello? – Hi, Brenda. | – 嘿 听得到吗? – 你好 布伦达 |
[27:40] | Look, we’re skyping. How’s India? | 我们在视频了 印度怎么样? |
[27:43] | It’s fine. I’m in the middle of something. What’s up? | 还好 我在忙着呢 怎么了? |
[27:47] | I’m sorry. So I don’t mean to be the bearer of bad tidings, | 我很抱歉 我并不是故意要跟说一些坏消息的 |
[27:50] | but your washing machine has broken now, too. | 但是你的洗碗机坏掉了 |
[27:52] | – Seriously? – I am just gonna pay for it, | – 真的吗? – 我可以先付着钱 |
[27:55] | – and I’ll deduct it out of my rent. – Fine. Do that. | – 然后在我的房租里扣掉 – 好吧 就那样做 |
[27:58] | So how’s the contest going? Are you excited? | 竞赛进行的怎么样? 令人兴奋吗? |
[28:01] | I will be if we can find a kid who can pitch in the 80s. | 如果我们能找到投得到八十多的孩子 我会兴奋的 |
[28:04] | In… Okay. | 投得到… 好吧 |
[28:05] | Um, how’s the food? Is it crazy good? | 那食物怎么样? 超级好吃吗? |
[28:10] | I should get back to work, Brenda. | 我该工作了 布伦达 |
[28:12] | Okay. Good luck with the… | 好吧 祝你的…好运 |
[28:14] | – Okay. Bye. – Bye. | – 好的 再见 – 再见 |
[28:53] | So many people there. | 好多人在那儿呢 |
[29:53] | JB sir, he is saying he is young in spirit. | JB先生 他说他还老当益壮 |
[29:56] | He wants to try. | 他想试试看 |
[29:58] | – Huh? | – 啊? |
[30:14] | What is that, son? | 那是什么 孩子? |
[30:17] | Million Dollar Arm. | 百万金臂 |
[30:19] | You don’t play cricket. | 你又不打板球 |
[30:20] | It’s a contest. | 那是个竞赛 |
[30:22] | One million US dollars. | 有一百万美元优胜奖 |
[30:26] | This is for kids. | 这是给小孩子玩的 |
[30:28] | You have work to do. | 你还得工作 |
[30:30] | Real work. | 做真正的工作 |
[30:44] | Calling all cricket players! | 急召所有板球球员! |
[30:46] | Come and be a contestant in the “Million Dollar Arm” contest. | 走吧 去参加”百万金臂”竞赛 |
[30:50] | Coach? | 教练? |
[30:52] | What is it, Rinku? | 怎么了 林库辛? |
[30:53] | We’re all track and field, not cricket players. | 我们都是田径选手 不是板球球员 |
[30:57] | Just because they are calling for cricket players doesn’t mean you can’t try out. | 他们急需板球球员 不代表你们不能参加选拨 |
[31:06] | I want to sign up, Coach. | 我想报名 教练 |
[31:08] | So then sign up. | 那就去报名 |
[31:10] | I’m not your secretary, Rinku. | 我不是你的秘书 林库辛 |
[31:13] | If I won a million dollars, I bet you would be. | 如果我赢了一百万 我肯定你也可以的 |
[31:17] | You make a funny joke. | 你真会开玩笑 |
[31:21] | Everyone! 10 laps! | 所有人! 跑十圈! |
[31:23] | Get up! | 都起来! |
[31:24] | Courtesy of Mr. Singh. | 这是对辛格先生基本的礼貌 |
[31:28] | This is a total disaster. | 这真是糟透了 |
[31:29] | Oh, come on, it’s not that bad. | 别这样 事情没那么糟糕 |
[31:32] | Not one of these kids can throw over 65 miles an hour. | 没有一个孩子能够在一小时内投得了六十五英里 |
[31:34] | I swear to God, some of ’em can’t even hit the cage. | 说真的 还有一些孩子根本连笼子都投不进 |
[31:36] | How’s our money holding out? | 我们的资金还能支撑下去吗? |
[31:38] | Well, it’s not, but you know what, | 呃 不能 不过没关系 |
[31:39] | don’t worry about that. You find our boys | 你别为这担心 你找我们需要的人 |
[31:40] | and I will figure out a way to make the budget work. | 我会想到维持预算的方法 |
[31:44] | What does Ray think? | 雷怎么看待这件事? |
[31:45] | Well, when he wakes up, I’ll ask him. By the way, | 等他醒了 我会问他的 对了 |
[31:46] | do you think you could have gotten someone | 你觉得你能让投得到一百分的人 |
[31:48] | a little more of this century? | 得到更多的钱吗? |
[31:50] | Hey, the price was right, all right? | 喂 价格是合适的 好吗? |
[31:52] | So stop your complaining. | 所以别再抱怨了 |
[31:53] | Where are you? What city are you in, anyway? | 你现在哪儿啊? 现在究竟在哪个城市? |
[31:55] | – I’m in Agra. – Agra? Wait. | – 我在阿格拉 – 阿格拉? 等一下 |
[31:57] | That’s where the Taj Mahal is, right? | 泰姬陵就在那座城市 对吗? |
[32:00] | Yeah, no, I’m standing right in front of it. | 是啊 我就站在它面前 |
[32:02] | – How is it? – It is white. | – 它怎么样? – 白色的 |
[32:04] | Except for the part that’s red. | 除去那些红色的部分 |
[32:06] | There’s a little dog in the foreground. | 前景的地方有只小狗 |
[32:08] | Come on, man. Seriously, how is the Taj Mahal? | 别这样 说真的 泰姬陵是怎样的? |
[32:09] | I’ve always wanted to see it. | 我一直想要看看 |
[32:11] | Oh, well, tell you what. Why don’t I put your friend Ray on the phone | 噢 不如我把手机给你的好友雷 |
[32:14] | and he can give you his first impressions? | 让他来告诉你 他对泰姬陵的第一印象吧? |
[32:18] | Ray, buddy, how are you? | 雷 兄弟 你还好吗? |
[32:20] | Hello? Ray? | 喂? 雷你在吗? |
[32:33] | Sell your friend for cash! | 介绍你身边厉害的朋友来赢取奖金吧! |
[32:38] | – Hi, Brenda. – Hey. Hey, JB. | – 你好 布伦达 – 嗨 JB |
[32:41] | I have some very good news for you. | 我有些好消息要告诉你 |
[32:43] | The repairman came and he fixed both of our washing machines. | 修理人员上门把我们的洗碗机修好了 |
[32:46] | Two for the price of one. Done. | 修好两部只需一半的价钱 搞定了 |
[32:48] | Really? How’d you swing that? | 真的吗? 你怎样说服他的? |
[32:50] | – I slept with him. – Seriously? | – 我和他睡了 – 当真? |
[32:53] | No. But he was very attractive, I’ll give him that. | 假的 但是他真的很有魅力 我愿意这样做 |
[32:56] | – How is the contest going? – Not great. | – 竞赛进行得怎么样了? – 不太好 |
[33:00] | No one over here can throw a baseball. | 这儿没人投球技术好 |
[33:02] | Don’t worry about it. You’re gonna find your guy, | 别担心 你会找到你想要的人 |
[33:04] | and then you’re gonna be back here before you know it | 然后比预期要早地回到这儿 |
[33:05] | regaling a whole new crop of models | 把你绝妙的故事分享给 |
[33:07] | to tell your fabulous stories to. | 一堆新的模特儿 |
[33:09] | Thanks for the pep talk. | 谢谢你的鼓励 |
[33:10] | All right, I’m gonna jump in the shower ’cause I got a date tonight. | 好了 我今晚还有个约会 要先去洗个澡 |
[33:13] | Really? With who? | 真的吗? 跟谁? |
[33:15] | – Uh, I’m not gonna tell you. – Come on. | – 呃 我不会告诉你的 – 说吧 |
[33:17] | Fine, the Maytag man. Bye, India. | 好吧 一个美泰克公司的人 再见啦 |
[33:42] | This place looks like it has potential. | 这地方看上去很有潜质 |
[33:44] | This is Lucknow. It has a very fine reputation. | 这里是勒克瑙市 它的名声不错 |
[33:47] | Reputation? Good. Anything related to sports? | 名声? 很好 有什么跟运动有关的吗? |
[33:53] | Yes, boys from all over India come here for training. | 有 来自印度不同地方的孩子都来这儿训练 |
[33:56] | Well, then there should be a few qualifiers. | 那么这儿应该会有一些合格者 |
[33:58] | What do you think, Ray? You feeling it? | 你怎么看 雷? 你能预感到什么吗? |
[33:59] | I’m feeling something. | 我能感觉到些东西 |
[34:01] | I think it’s the dinner I had last night. | 我想到了昨晚的晚餐 |
[34:03] | Been there. Brutal. | 我也想起来了 真残忍 |
[34:16] | All right, all right, we got a couple of contenders here. | 好了 好了 我们在这找到了几个能手 |
[34:20] | One, welsh. | 一个是威尔士人 |
[34:23] | They were all crap. | 他们都糟透了 |
[34:25] | Thanks, Ray. That’s really helpful. | 谢谢 雷 这真的很有帮助 |
[34:27] | You want me to lie? | 你想我说谎吗? |
[34:28] | I do. I kind of want you to lie, a little bit. | 我想 我挺想你说谎的 一点点也好 |
[34:33] | That sounded good. | 那听起来不错 |
[34:39] | Did he just throw 83? | 他刚刚投到八十三了? |
[34:40] | Sure sounded like it. Let’s see if he can do it again. | 听起来的确如此 我们看看他能不能在投一次 |
[34:54] | – Wow! – Whoa. | – 哇! -哇! |
[34:58] | Okay. You know what we call that? | 很好 你知道我们称之为什么吗? |
[35:00] | – Manslaughter. – No, we call that juice. | – 误杀 – 不 我们称之为力量 |
[35:03] | What? You want juice? I’ll get it. | 什么? 你想要果汁? 我去买 |
[35:10] | No, we just found one kid, | 不 我们刚找到一个孩子 |
[35:11] | threw four pitches in the mid-80s. | 投了四场都是八十多 |
[35:13] | Yeah, he’s a little Wild, but I’ll take it. | 是啊 他是有点疯狂 但我还是会要他 |
[35:15] | – First time I’ve seen Ray’s smile. – Bernstein. | – 我第一次看见雷的笑容 – 伯恩斯坦 |
[35:18] | – What? – Check this out. | – 什么? – 过来看看 |
[35:20] | All right, hold on. I’ll call you back. What? | 好了 稍等一下 我再打给你 怎么了? |
[35:27] | How long’s he been like that? | 他这样子多久了? |
[35:29] | About a minute. | 大约一分钟 |
[35:30] | Is he gonna throw? | 他要投了吗? |
[35:32] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[35:44] | Is that right? 82 with that motion? Is that even possible? | 那是真的吗? 那样的手势投到八十二? 有可能吗? |
[35:47] | A lefty with juice. You don’t see that every day. | 一个充满力量的左撇子 并不是每天都能看得到 |
[35:49] | A lefty with juice is good, sir? | 左撇子拿着果汁很好吗 先生? |
[35:51] | Lefty with juice is great, Amit. | 有力量的左撇子很好 阿米特 |
[35:53] | A lefty with juice is money in the bank. | 有力量的左撇子就像存了钱的银行 |
[36:00] | Lucknow was huge for us. | 勒克瑙失真是个巨大的市场 |
[36:02] | We found four guys there, and then we got on a roll. | 我们在那儿找到了四个人 然后我们收获连连 |
[36:05] | By the time we got to Goa, we had somehow found 16 more. | 但我们去到了果阿 不知怎地我们又找到了十六名 |
[36:08] | I mean, half these kids never traveled before, | 半数孩子之前还未曾试过旅行 |
[36:10] | so they were thrilled to come to Mumbai | 所以他们来到孟买都很兴奋 |
[36:12] | and train for the finals. | 旅程也来到了最后一站 |
[36:14] | We put them up in a small college | 我们为他们建立起一个小校园 |
[36:15] | where Amit teaches. Amit hooked it up. | 由阿米特来教授 他把我们连接起来 |
[36:17] | He’s been key, ’cause none of these guys really speak English. | 他成了关键 因为没有哪个孩子能够讲好英语 |
[36:21] | In fact, I asked him to come to the US | 事实上 我叫他来美国 |
[36:22] | and be the translator for the winners. | 来给这些未来的冠军们作翻译 |
[36:25] | Ray has graciously offered to stay | 雷很热心地提出要留下 |
[36:27] | and train the boys for the final. | 帮忙训练这些孩子参加总决赛 |
[36:28] | He actually seems to be enjoying himself. | 实际上他享受其中 |
[36:30] | And Amit has become Ray’s protege, | 而阿米特成了雷的徒弟 |
[36:33] | studying all his methods, good and bad. | 学习他所有的技巧 无论好的还是坏的 |
[36:37] | Hmm. Sounds great. | 嗯 听起来不错 |
[36:40] | I don’t know if it’s great, | 我不知道好不好 |
[36:42] | but at least it’s coming together. | 但至少事情都拼凑起来了 |
[36:43] | What? JB, you’re in Mumbai. | 什么? JB 你在孟买 |
[36:46] | You’re doing exactly what you want. That takes guts. | 你做着自己想做的事 这需要勇气 |
[36:49] | Personally, I just can’t wait to hear how it all turns out. | 我个人觉得 我已经迫不及待想要知道结果 |
[36:51] | That’ll cost you a bottle of wine. | 这可需要你一瓶酒 |
[36:53] | – Bottle of Scotch. – Better. | – 一瓶威士忌 – 那样更好 |
[36:55] | Deal. So can I see your office? | 成交 那我可以看看你的办公室吗? |
[36:59] | Well, I’m on the roof now | 我现在在屋顶呢 |
[37:01] | because the air conditioner is broken. | 因为空调坏掉了 |
[37:03] | Shocker. | 震惊吧 |
[37:04] | But here’s my view. | 但这是我眼前的风景 |
[37:13] | Wow. | 哇 |
[37:16] | – Right? – That is really cool. | – 怎么样? – 真是意想不到 |
[37:19] | Yeah, you kind of have to have the smells to get the full effect. | 是啊 你得闻到那股味道才能体会到这里 |
[37:22] | – Does it smell so bad? – Yeah, sometimes. | – 很难闻吗? – 是啊 有时是这样 |
[37:24] | And then sometimes it smells amazing. | 但有时闻起来也不错 |
[37:26] | It’s a study in extremes, | 真是极端的体现 |
[37:29] | just like everything else in this place. | 正如这个地方的一切 |
[37:32] | Mmm! | 嗯! |
[37:35] | Can I see the Taj Mahal? | 我能看看泰姬陵吗? |
[37:36] | It’s about 700 miles away. | 距离这儿大约七百英里 |
[37:38] | – Oh, damn. – Hey, Brenda. | – 噢 天啊 – 嘿 布伦达 |
[37:42] | Right now? Is he… All right. There’s a… | 现在? 他… 好吧 有些事… |
[37:45] | I have to go. I have to go to see a patient right now. | 我得离开了 我现在要去看看一个病人 |
[37:48] | – Bye-bye, Brenda. – Bye-bye, Mumbai. | – 再见 布伦达 – 再见 孟买 |
[38:05] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[38:17] | You used to go to the academy, didn’t you? | 你以前上过专科学校吗? |
[38:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[38:21] | Why did you leave? | 你为什么不读了? |
[38:23] | My father hurt his back. | 我爸爸的背部受伤了 |
[38:26] | I had to help drive his truck. | 我必须帮他开货车 |
[38:29] | Do you miss it? | 你怀念从前吗? |
[38:30] | You ask a lot of questions! I’m trying to practice. | 你的问题还真多! 我要练习了 |
[38:34] | OK, ok. Sorry. | 好吧 好吧 很抱歉 |
[38:48] | Yeah, I miss it. | 是的 我很怀念 |
[38:54] | Did you play cricket? | 你打板球吗? |
[38:56] | No. | 不 |
[38:58] | I hate cricket. | 我讨厌板球 |
[39:01] | I played field hockey. | 我打曲棍球 |
[39:03] | I throw the javelin. | 我是投标枪的 |
[39:06] | I hate cricket, too. | 我也讨厌板球 |
[39:09] | And I suck at it. | 我打板球很烂 |
[39:13] | I’m Rinku. | 我是林库辛 |
[39:16] | I’m Dinesh. | 我是迪尼斯 |
[39:21] | If you win, what are you going to do with the money? | 如果你赢了 你会用那笔钱来做什么? |
[39:27] | I’m gonna buy my father a new truck. | 我会给我爸爸买一辆新货车 |
[39:31] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[39:33] | You should get him a driver, too. | 你也该给他请个司机 |
[39:37] | Maybe I will. | 可能我会 |
[39:43] | Hello, people! | 大家好! |
[39:46] | Let’s play Million Dollar Arm! | 让我们来开始百万美元投手! |
[39:50] | Okay, please welcome our 20 finalists. | 好了 欢迎二十名入选者进场 |
[39:56] | This is exciting! I can’t believe we got this far. | 真是激动人心啊! 我没想到我们能走到这一步 |
[39:59] | We? | 我们? |
[40:00] | Hey, somebody had to hold down the fort, all right? | 嘿 总有人要打头阵的 好吗? |
[40:02] | I’m here now though. Look, at this! This is amazing! | 总之我现在在这 看看这一切! 真是棒极了! |
[40:04] | What’s this got to do with throwing a baseball? | 这跟投棒球有什么关系? |
[40:05] | It’s like some kind of circus. | 这看起来像马戏团 |
[40:07] | Let’s give them all a round of applause! | 让我们给予他们热烈的掌声! |
[40:10] | They’ve all worked very hard to get here. | 他们历尽千辛才来到这一步 |
[40:15] | All right, the time has now come | 好了 终于到了 |
[40:17] | to separate the men from the boys. | 挑选强劲选手的时刻 |
[40:20] | Before we start the game, | 在比赛开始之前 |
[40:21] | I just want to quickly run through all the rules. | 我想要简单迅速的说一下规则 |
[40:23] | Each player gets 10 throws. | 每个运动员投十次 |
[40:25] | They will be judged on speed, with bonus points for strikes. | 根据球速评分 投出好球加分 |
[40:28] | Both the first and the second place winners | 第一名和第二名的选手 |
[40:30] | will travel to the United States. | 将前往美国 |
[40:32] | So let’s make a rumble! | 让我们high翻天吧! |
[40:36] | Can we get sued for that? | 我们会因此被起诉吗? |
[40:38] | It’s entirely possible. | 完全有可能 |
[40:47] | Seventy-eight! Not bad for the first pitch of the day. | 七十八分! 就今天的头掷来说还不错 |
[40:54] | Oh! | 哦! |
[40:59] | – Seventy-nine! – Nice. | – 七十九分! – 漂亮 |
[41:07] | Eighty-one! Not bad. | 八十一分! 还不错 |
[41:10] | That puts Hement Sharma in second place. | 贺蒙·沙玛升为第二名 |
[41:16] | Oh, seventy-five. Not quite fast enough for a professional pitcher. | 哦 七十五分 对专业的投手来说不够快 |
[41:22] | Eighty-two! That will take Avinash Mehta to the number-one position. | 八十二分! 阿维纳什·梅塔跃居第一位 |
[41:26] | The contest is really heating up, | 竞赛进入白热化阶段 |
[41:28] | with just two contestants left to go. | 还剩下两名参赛者 |
[41:32] | Next up, Dinesh Kumar Patel! | 下一位 迪尼斯·库马尔·帕特尔! |
[41:56] | Eighty-four! Our fastest pitch of the day. | 八十四分! 我们今天最快的投掷 |
[41:59] | And a perfect strike, which gives him bonus points. | 也是一个完美的好球 这会给他额外加分 |
[42:01] | He’s gonna be good. | 他会很棒 |
[42:05] | Whoo! | 喔! |
[42:26] | Eighty-six! But no strike. | 八十六分! 但不是好球 |
[42:29] | Eighty-five! | 八十五分! |
[42:31] | Eighty-seven. Still no strike. | 八十七分 仍不是好球 |
[42:33] | Wow! This kid is throwing hard! | 哇! 这个孩子投得太猛了! |
[42:35] | No, he’s throwing wild. It could cost him. | 不 他在暴投 这样可能会丢分 |
[42:44] | Oh, eighty-five! | 哦 八十五分! |
[42:46] | That just put Dinesh Kumar Patel in first place | 迪尼斯·库马尔·帕特尔一跃而上 成为第一名 |
[42:48] | with just one more contestant and $100,000 on the line! | 还有一位参赛者 十万美金将花落谁家呢! |
[42:56] | And finally our last contestant, Rinku Singh. | 迪尼斯·帕特尔我们最后一位参赛者 |
[43:02] | – This is the lefty. – We call him The Flamingo. | – 这是那个左投手 – 我们叫他火烈鸟 |
[43:17] | Is he gonna throw the ball or is he gonna stand there? | 他是要投球呢还是就站在那呢? |
[43:26] | Eighty-three, and a perfect strike. That’s a strong start. | 八十三分 同样是个完美的好球 是个好开始 |
[43:41] | – Eighty-five! But no strike. – All right. | – 八十五分! 但不是好球 – 好吧 |
[43:48] | A strike, at 82. | 好球 八十二分 |
[43:53] | Another strike! Eighty-four! | 又一个好球! 八十四分! |
[43:57] | Well, it’s gonna be close, but I still have the spark plug ahead on points. | 快结束了 但是那个领先者仍高出几分 |
[43:59] | – Dinesh Patel? – Yeah. | – 迪尼斯 Patel? – 对的 |
[44:02] | So, wait, what has the lefty gotta do to win this thing? | 等下 那这个左投手要怎样才能赢得比赛呢? |
[44:05] | Ninety-six wild, or a perfect strike over 84. | 暴投九十六分 或者一个超过八十四分的好球 |
[44:09] | He’s got no shot at 96. | 他不可能投出九十六分的球 |
[44:11] | Perfect strike’s gonna be hard under pressure. | 在重压下也很难投出好球 |
[44:28] | Bingo. | 对啊 |
[44:29] | A perfect strike! | 好球! |
[44:32] | Yes! | 太棒了! |
[44:33] | And the winner, | 根据速度和准确度 |
[44:34] | based on his speed and accuracy, is Rinku Singh! | 胜利者是林库辛 辛格! |
[44:39] | He’s won $100,000 US, a trip to America, | 他赢得了十万美金 美国之旅 |
[44:43] | and a tryout with a Major League Baseball team! | 还有美国职棒大联盟的选拔赛! |
[44:50] | And in second place, winning $10,000 | 而位列第二名 也将获得一万美金 |
[44:52] | and also a chance to train in the United States of America, | 有一个去美国训练的机会 |
[44:55] | is our wonderful Dinesh Kumar Patel! | 是我们的棒球新星迪尼斯·库马尔·帕特尔! |
[45:00] | Congratulations! Well done! | 恭喜! 干得好! |
[45:03] | We did it, partner. We really did it! | 伙计 我们做到了 我们真的做到了 |
[45:05] | We did. Thank you, Ray. | 是的 雷 谢谢你 |
[45:07] | Okay, I’m gonna say my goodbyes | 我要说再见了 |
[45:09] | and work my way over to an airplane. | 我这就要去机场了 |
[45:11] | – What, are you leaving? – Yes. | – 什么 你要走了? – 是的 |
[45:13] | My job is over and my Barcalounger calls. | 我的任务结束了 我的躺椅在召唤我了 |
[45:20] | He’s a strange man. | 他是个怪人 |
[45:24] | Yes, he is. | 是的 他是 |
[45:28] | We’re already getting tons of good press about this. | 我们已经得到很多好评了 |
[45:30] | Even Chang is happy. | 张也很开心 |
[45:35] | Wow. These guys really live in the sticks, huh? | 哇 他们真的住在荒村僻壤 哈? |
[45:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[45:44] | You are giving them a great opportunity, JB. | JB 你给了他们一个很好的机会 |
[45:47] | Well, it’s a great opportunity for all of us, Vivek. | 维维克 这是对于我们所有人来说都是个好机会 |
[45:49] | The potential of this thing is off the chart. | 这件事潜在的可能是无法预知的 |
[45:53] | This is the stuff dreams are made of. | 这是大家的梦想组成的 |
[45:54] | Yes, but, JB, these boys from these villages, | 是的 但是JB 这些山村里的孩子 |
[45:59] | they don’t have these dreams. | 他们没有这样的梦想 |
[46:01] | They don’t even leave their villages. | 他们甚至没有离开过他们的村庄 |
[46:04] | So it’s life-changing for them. | 所以 对他们来说是非常大的改变 |
[46:08] | And for you, it’s a great responsibility. | 对你来说 这是巨大的责任 |
[46:13] | I wish you well. | 祝你好运 |
[46:19] | Thanks, Vivek. | 维维克 谢谢你 |
[46:50] | – I mean, right? – Yeah, this is intense. | – 我说 对吗? – 对 这种感觉很强烈 |
[46:52] | I mean… Oh, look. A cow is going in the house. | 我是说… 哦 看 一头奶牛在进屋 |
[46:56] | Pretty sure that’s a bull | 我很肯定那是头公牛 |
[46:57] | and I’m pretty sure they go wherever they want. Hi! Whoa! | 还有我敢肯定他们能去任何地方 嗨! 喔! |
[46:59] | What? | 什么? |
[47:02] | – No hablo Hindi. – No hablo? | – 不会印度语 – 不会? |
[47:11] | Dad, do you like it? | 爸爸 你喜欢吗? |
[47:17] | Do they know you don’t play cricket? | 他们知道你不打板球吗? |
[47:20] | They know. It doesn’t matter, the contest is over. | 他们知道 这没关系 竞赛结束了 |
[47:28] | It’s nice… | 很好… |
[47:30] | …but I don’t need a new truck. | …但我不需要一辆新卡车 |
[47:36] | Dad… | 爸爸… |
[47:40] | I have to go to America. | 我要去美国了 |
[47:53] | I know you will make me proud. | 我知道你会是我的骄傲 |
[48:04] | The mother and uncle. | 妈妈和伯父 |
[48:11] | This is the kitchen and pantry sort of a thing. | 这是厨房 餐具室之类的 |
[48:16] | This is his room. | 这是他的房间 |
[48:26] | – Hi. – Hi, everybody. | – 嗨 – 嗨 大家好 |
[48:39] | Thank you. Thank you. Wow. | 谢谢 谢谢 哇 |
[48:48] | There it is. | 来了 |
[48:52] | – That’s a sharp look. – What do you think? | – 很酷 – 你觉得怎么样? |
[48:54] | Can’t be the first time. I got a huge head. | 不会是第一次了 我有了个大头 |
[49:26] | She doesn’t seem very happy about this. | 她似乎不太高兴 |
[49:28] | No. What’s up with that? | 是的 怎么回事呢? |
[49:30] | She just hit pay dirt. | 她刚刚发了财 |
[49:40] | She wants you to take good care of him, JB. | JB 她希望你好好照顾他 |
[49:43] | She says he hasn’t been away from his village, you know. | 她说他从未离开过村子 |
[49:45] | She’s really worried about him. | 她很担心他 |
[49:46] | Yes, yes, of course, of course. | 是 是 当然 当然 |
[49:49] | He’s gonna have a great time in LA. Lots of fun. | 他会在洛杉矶过得很愉快 乐趣无穷 |
[50:25] | Ready, bud? Let’s go. All right. | 兄弟 准备好了吗? 我们走了 好吧 |
[50:27] | Thanks, everybody. | 谢谢大家 |
[51:13] | I’m sorry about this traffic. | 抱歉 交通有点拥堵 |
[51:15] | There’s nothing I could do about that. | 我无能为力 |
[51:17] | This is nothing. We’re actually moving. | 这没什么 我们是在移动的 |
[51:19] | And there’s no honking. No honking. | 而且没有鸣笛声 没有鸣笛声 |
[51:21] | Hey. I’m gonna have these two over to the house | 嘿 我要叫他们两个来家里 |
[51:23] | to watch some cricket. It’ll be nice to watch it | 看板球比赛 和欣赏这项运动的人一起看比赛 |
[51:25] | with somebody who appreciates it for once. | 会是一件愉悦的事 |
[51:27] | He wants to watch cricket with you. | 他想和你一起看板球比赛 |
[51:34] | Actually, they don’t like cricket. | 事实上 他们不喜欢板球 |
[51:35] | What do you mean they don’t like cricket? | 他们不喜欢板球 你是什么意思? |
[51:37] | – I mean, they don’t like cricket. – They play cricket. | – 我是说 他们不喜欢板球 – 可他们打板球 |
[51:39] | No. He plays javelin. He plays field hockey. | 不 他掷标枪 他打曲棍球 |
[51:43] | – Wait. What? – Yes. | – 等下 什么? – 是的 |
[51:44] | You didn’t know this? | 你不知道? |
[51:46] | No. I thought they all played cricket. | 是的 我以为他们都打板球 |
[51:48] | – “They all played cricket?” – What, now I’m a racist? | – “他们都打板球?” – 什么 难道我现在是种族歧视者? |
[51:52] | – It sounded a little bit racist. – It’s not racist. | – 听起来有点 – 这不是歧视 |
[51:54] | There’s 1.8 billion people in this country | 这个城市里有18亿人口 |
[51:56] | and they all love cricket. | 他们喜欢板球 |
[51:58] | Most of them love cricket. Aash, this was your idea. | 大部分人喜欢板球 安什 那是你说的 |
[52:01] | Well, it looks like somebody dropped the ball. | 似乎某人犯了个错误 |
[52:03] | You like cricket, right? | 你喜欢板球 对吧? |
[52:05] | No, I love baseball. | 不 我喜欢棒球 |
[52:07] | Oh, unbelievable. | 哦 难以置信 |
[52:09] | – No, believe me. – Yeah, I believe you. | – 不 相信我 – 是的 我相信你 |
[52:11] | You’re all gonna watch cricket. | 你们都要看看板球比赛 |
[52:12] | – Come on, guys. – You’ll love this place. | – 伙计们 跟上 – 你们会爱上这里 |
[52:14] | Bye. | 再见 |
[52:18] | No, no, no. This side, this side. | 不 不 这边 这边 |
[52:24] | Hold that, please. | 请等一下 |
[52:26] | – Thanks. – Sure. Floor? | – 谢谢 – 应该的 几楼? |
[52:28] | Five. | 五楼 |
[52:37] | Okay. All right. Guys, let ’em close. | 好吧 各位 让它关上吧 |
[52:42] | Okay, so I’ll pick you guys up at 8:30 | 明天是你们训练的第一天 |
[52:44] | for your first day of practice tomorrow. | 我会八点半来接你们 |
[52:48] | If there’s any trouble, Amit’s room is right next door. | 如果有什么问题 阿米特的房间就在隔壁 |
[52:55] | I’m not sure what that means, but we’re gonna get some sleep, | 我不知道那是什么意思 但我们要休息一会 |
[52:59] | and then I’ll see you guys in the morning. | 明天早晨见 伙计们 |
[53:06] | – Great. – All right. | – 非常好 – 好的 |
[53:10] | Big TV. | 大电视 |
[53:11] | – Let’s go! Hey! – Yes, sir. | – 嘿! 走吧! – 是的 先生 |
[53:14] | Bye. Good night. | 再见 晚安 |
[53:24] | All right, Amit, I’m gonna give you this | 阿米特 我给你这个 |
[53:25] | because I want you to record their progress. | 你用它记录下他们的进展 |
[53:29] | – For me? Wow! – Yes, for you to use. | – 哇! 给我的? – 是的 给你用的 |
[53:30] | And then you’re gonna give it back to me. | 过后你还要把这个还给我 |
[53:32] | Oh. | 哦 |
[53:33] | I want you to tape their workouts, their training, | 我要你记录下他们的锻炼 训练 |
[53:34] | their daily lives, stuff like that. | 日常生活这类事 |
[53:36] | I’m gonna use it as a marketing tool. | 我要把它作为营销工具 |
[53:38] | Got it? | 明白吗? |
[53:40] | Yes, got it. Record everything. | 恩 了解 记录下所有的事 |
[53:42] | If there are any problems, you call me. | 如果有什么问题 打电话给我 |
[53:44] | Yes, yes. I will call you with problem. | 好的 好的 遇到麻烦我会打给你 |
[53:48] | So I’ll see you tomorrow morning. | 那明天见 |
[53:49] | Okay. Goodbye, JB sir. Goodbye, Aash sir. | 好的 JB先生再见 安什先生再见 |
[53:54] | They’re gonna be fine by themselves, right? | 他们自己呆着不会有问题 对吧? |
[53:55] | Yeah, course. What do you mean? | 是的 当然 你什么意思? |
[53:57] | I mean, you know, it’s their first time here. | 我是说他们第一次来这里 |
[53:59] | – You saw where they came from. – They’re fine. | – 你知道他们从哪里来的 – 他们没问题的 |
[54:06] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[54:07] | – Really? – Oh, boy. | – 真的吗? – 哦 天哪 |
[54:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[54:42] | Hey… | 嘿… |
[54:44] | Hey. Welcome home. | 嘿 欢迎回家 |
[54:48] | Thank you. it is good to be back. | 谢谢 回来真好 |
[54:50] | – Yeah. – I got you something. | – 是的 – 我带给你点东西 |
[54:52] | – Really? – Yes. It’s… | – 真的吗? – 是的 是… |
[54:55] | I brought you the Taj Mahal. | 我把泰姬陵带给了你 |
[54:57] | I worked a deal with the Indian government. | 我和印度政府做了个交易 |
[54:59] | This is amazing. I love it. | 太神奇了 我很喜欢 |
[55:02] | I have been needing a mini Taj for so long. | 我想要个迷你的泰姬陵很久了 |
[55:04] | It’s beautiful. Thank you. | 太美了 谢谢 |
[55:05] | So you gotta tell me how it all finished. | 你要和我说说你怎么完成这一切的 |
[55:08] | Uh… Well, I thought we were gonna do that over a bottle of Scotch. | 呃… 我以为我们要在喝威士忌的时候讨论这个 |
[55:12] | You’re right. We did have a deal. We had that deal. | 对的 我们是有个约定 我们有那个约定 |
[55:15] | – Hey. – Oh. Um… | – 嘿 – 哦 呃… |
[55:17] | – You must be JB. – I am. Hi. | – 你一定是JB – 嗨 我是 |
[55:19] | JB, Mark. Mark, JB. | JB 这是马克 马克 这是JB |
[55:20] | Hey, man, great to meet you. And welcome home. | 嘿 兄弟 见到你很开心 欢迎回家 |
[55:22] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | – 谢谢 – 恩 |
[55:24] | – Careful. You’re sweaty. – Sorry, babe. | – 当心 你在出汗 – 宝贝 对不起 |
[55:25] | I actually spent three months in an ashram in Goa. | 事实上 我在印度果阿的一个修道院呆过3个月 |
[55:28] | – I forgot that you did that. – Yeah. | – 我忘掉了 – 是的 |
[55:31] | – Is that a mini Taj? – Yeah, look at that. | – 这是个迷你的泰姬陵吗? – 是的 快看 |
[55:33] | Hilarious. Nice. | 很好 不错 |
[55:35] | Yeah. I think it’s so pretty. | 是的 我觉得它很美 |
[55:37] | Well, I gotta take a shower before my shift. | 我换衣服前要洗个澡 |
[55:39] | – I just wanted to say hi. – Yes, you do. | – 我只是想打个招呼 – 是的 你确实需要 |
[55:40] | Cool. Nice to meet you. | 没事 很高兴见到你 |
[55:41] | – You as well. See you, babe. – See you. | – 我也是 宝贝 待会见 -待会见 |
[55:44] | Love the Taj. | 喜欢这个泰姬陵 |
[55:46] | Mark’s an intern at the hospital. | 马克是我医院的一位实习医生 |
[55:48] | That’s how we first met, so… | 我们就是那么遇到的 所以… |
[55:51] | – Seems like a great guy. – Yeah, he is a good guy. | – 看起来不错 – 是的 他是个好男人 |
[55:53] | – Seems very fit. – Yeah, he’s a runner. | – 身体很健硕 – 是的 他经常跑步 |
[55:58] | Well, I gotta unpack and plug back in and kind of… | 我要卸下行李重新整理之类的… |
[56:01] | Yeah, but I wanna hear about your trip, so whenever you have… | 是的 但我想听听你的旅程 所以看你什么时候有时间… |
[56:04] | – We’ll do that. – Okay, good. | – 会谈的 – 好的 |
[56:07] | All right. Thank you so much for my… | 好的 谢谢你给我的… |
[56:27] | Hello, old friend. | 哈喽 老朋友 |
[56:42] | Hello. | 哈喽 |
[56:44] | Apparently, they pushed the stop button by mistake | 显然 他们无意按了制动按钮 |
[56:46] | and when the elevator got stuck, | 然后电梯停了 |
[56:47] | they panicked and pushed the elevator alarm. | 他们慌了 按了电梯警报铃 |
[56:49] | – And then the fire alarm. – Yes. Okay. | – 然后按了火警铃 – 好吧 |
[56:51] | We’re not going to press charges, Mr. Bernstein, | 伯恩斯坦先生 如果你为这些年轻人找其他的住所 |
[56:53] | providing that you make other arrangements for these young men. | 我们将不会提出控告 |
[56:56] | When would that have to happen? | 什么时候呢? |
[56:58] | Immediately. | 马上 |
[57:03] | No filming here. | 这里禁止摄像 |
[57:05] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[57:07] | What are we gonna do? | 怎么办? |
[57:08] | I told you, they can’t stay on their own. | 我告诉过你 不能让他们自己呆在那 |
[57:12] | Fine. Then I’m dropping them off with you. | 好吧 我留他们和你呆一起 |
[57:13] | No. Are you crazy? Come on, I have kids. | 不行 你疯了吗? 拜托 我有小孩 |
[57:15] | I have no room, all right? You have lots of room. Please go to sleep. | 我这没房间了 好吗? 你那有那么多房间 拜托去睡觉吧 |
[57:19] | Yeah, and I also have a very nice single person’s life | 是的 但我也有一个我真的十分渴望 |
[57:22] | that I’m really looking forward to getting back to. | 重回的美好的单身生活 |
[57:24] | All right. Well, you know what? | 好吧 你这样 你知道吗? |
[57:25] | Look on the bright side. | 凡事往好的方面想 |
[57:26] | We’re out of money, so you keeping them | 现在我们没钱了 你把他们看好了 |
[57:28] | will help us keep our doors open. | 这样我们才能保住饭碗 |
[57:29] | – Good night. – No. Don’t hang up. | – 晚安 – 等会 别挂 |
[57:34] | Go to sleep! | 睡觉! |
[57:40] | All right, let’s go. | 算了 我们走吧 |
[57:48] | D… | 别… |
[57:51] | Don’t touch anything. | 别乱动 |
[57:54] | – Okay, boys, here we are. Come on in. – Wow. | – 好了 我们到了 进来吧 – 哇塞 |
[57:57] | This is his house? | 这是他家吗? |
[58:00] | All right, we’re gonna keep you guys here | 今晚你们就先住这里 |
[58:02] | until we figure something out. | 明天我们再想别的法子 |
[58:05] | This is the living room, TV. | 这是客厅 有电视 |
[58:08] | This is the TV. A thousand-something channels. | 这是电视机 里头有上千个频道 |
[58:11] | Maybe there’s some Indian ones. | 可能也有印度的频道 |
[58:14] | This is where we eat. | 我们在这吃饭 |
[58:17] | Food. Kitchen. | 吃的 在厨房 |
[58:18] | Plenty of stuff in the fridge. | 冰箱里还有东西 |
[58:19] | Please help yourself. | 你们自便吧 |
[58:22] | Now… Hey, guys | 现在… 各位 |
[58:25] | Oh. Oh. | 噢 来了 |
[58:26] | I just have one rule. Try to keep everything nice and neat. | 规矩只有一条 保持这里整洁干净 |
[58:32] | Try not to break anything, okay? Nice and neat. | 别摔东砸西 好吗? 保持整洁干净 |
[58:35] | Great. Good night. | 好了 晚安 |
[58:37] | But, JB sir, um… | 可是 JB先生 那个… |
[58:41] | Where is your family? | 你的家人呢? |
[58:44] | – No family, Amit. Just me. – Huh? | – 我没家人 阿米特 我一个人住 – 啊? |
[58:46] | Just me. | 就我一个人 |
[59:00] | Is she his servant? | 那是他的女佣吗? |
[59:03] | She must be. | 肯定是 |
[59:06] | Well, I overslept. | 我睡过头了 |
[59:08] | I think I’m still pretty jet-lagged. | 可能时差还没倒过来 |
[59:15] | Well, call House and tell him we’re running a few minutes late. | 打电话给豪斯告诉他我们会晚几分钟到 |
[59:19] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[59:21] | Guys, what are you doing? Why didn’t you wake me up? | 你们在干嘛? 怎么不叫醒我? |
[59:24] | Good morning, JB sir. We were waiting for you for breakfast. | 早上好 JB先生 我们在等你吃早饭 |
[59:27] | Okay. Okay. Uh… | 好 好 呃… |
[59:33] | Breakfast. | 早餐在这 |
[59:36] | What’s with all the candles, by the way? | 顺便问一句 房里的蜡烛是怎么回事? |
[59:38] | That’s our shrine, JB sir, so that we can pray. | 那是我们的神殿啊 祷告用的 |
[59:42] | – Oh, right. – And where do you pray, JB sir? | – 噢 这样啊 – 你在哪儿祷告啊 JB先生? |
[59:45] | I don’t pray. I work. And I’m late. | 我不祷告 我得工作 要迟到了 |
[59:49] | So five minutes. We gotta hustle. | 五分钟内准备好 迅速点 |
[59:52] | Right, JB sir. Five minutes. Ready. | 好的 JB先生 五分钟足够了 |
[59:55] | PowerBar. Big body. Eat, eat, eat. | 能量棒 身体壮 赶快吃 |
[1:00:00] | JB sir, what is the meaning of “hustle”? | JB先生 你刚刚说的”迅速”是什么意思? |
[1:00:03] | It means hurry up, you know, go fast. | 意思就是赶快 动作快点 |
[1:00:05] | Oh, okay, okay. | 噢 这样啊 知道了 |
[1:00:10] | Hustle? | 迅速哈? |
[1:00:13] | All right, boys, let’s go. Double time. | 好了 同志们 我们走吧 走快点 |
[1:00:15] | Here we are. Day one of training at USC. | 今天是我们在南加州大学训练的第一天 |
[1:00:19] | – Hey, hey. Look at the boys. – Sorry, sorry. | – 嘿 说你呢 拍他们 – 对不起 |
[1:00:22] | We’re gonna be a little late, but that’s okay. | 我们稍微晚了一点 不过不要紧 |
[1:00:23] | You guys are gonna come here from 9:00 to 1:00 every day | 以后每天上午九点到下午一点你们到这训练 |
[1:00:26] | and work with Coach House and the USC team, got it? | 豪斯教练会带着你们跟校队训练 听明白了吗? |
[1:00:32] | JB likes to hustle. | JB就喜欢迅速 |
[1:00:36] | All right. Here we go. | 好了 我们到了 |
[1:00:42] | Not bad, huh? | 还不错吧? |
[1:00:45] | It’s absolutely beautiful, JB sir. | 简直就是美极了 JB先生 |
[1:00:48] | Soak it in. | 赶快习惯吧 |
[1:00:54] | And now let’s go. We’re late. Let’s go! | 咱们快走吧 要迟到了 动起来! |
[1:00:58] | You must be the boys from India. | 你们两位就是来自印度的小伙子吧 |
[1:01:01] | Welcome to America. | 欢迎来到美国 |
[1:01:03] | I’m Tom House. I’ll be your coach. | 我是汤姆·豪斯 你们的教练 |
[1:01:06] | This is my assistant, Doug. | 这是我的助手 道格 |
[1:01:09] | Still working on their English. | 他们英语水平还有待提高 |
[1:01:11] | Tell them, I thought today we’d just run a few drills | 告诉他俩 我们今天先试试手 |
[1:01:14] | and have some fun. What do you say? | 玩一玩 你们觉得呢? |
[1:01:16] | The boys are gonna blow you away, Tom, I promise. | 这俩孩子会让你大跌眼镜的 汤姆 我保证 |
[1:01:21] | What is this? | 这干嘛用的? |
[1:01:22] | I think it’s used to keep our bowling hand warm. | 我想可能是暖手用的吧 |
[1:01:28] | Tell the boys the glove is for catching the ball! | 跟他们说棒球手套是用来接球的! |
[1:01:37] | Okay, now, you’re just gonna toss it back and forth. | 好的 现在你们相互抛接球 |
[1:01:39] | Just nice and easy. Nice and easy. | 放轻松 放轻松 |
[1:01:45] | – Where have you been? – Sorry, man. | – 你去哪儿了? – 不好意思啊 |
[1:01:48] | The twins, they’ve been puking all morning. | 我那俩熊孩子 早上吐个不停 |
[1:01:50] | – How’s it going here? – Uh… | – 这里什么情况? – 呃… |
[1:01:52] | He’s asking, is it necessary to wear the gloves? | 他问 是不是非要戴这个手套? |
[1:01:58] | That’s a first. | 那是必须的 |
[1:02:03] | All right, tell him half-speed. We’re just warming up. | 开始吧 叫他们使出半成功力就行 只是热热身 |
[1:02:06] | It’s not about throwing hard, it’s about throwing right. | 不是看谁投得猛 而是看谁投得准 |
[1:02:19] | – Oh, oh, oh. – It’s all right. It’s all right. | – 哎哟哟 – 还好 还好 |
[1:02:22] | Tell him to relax. Tell him to smile. | 跟他们说放轻松 保持微笑 |
[1:02:37] | Wow. | 哇 |
[1:02:45] | – We might have to tweak that a little bit. – Hmm. | – 这个姿势我们可能得调一调 – 嗯 |
[1:02:58] | It was like they couldn’t even tie their shoes out there. | 刚刚在外面 他俩好像连鞋带都不会系 |
[1:03:01] | Thank God, Chang didn’t see that. | 谢天谢地 还好张没看到 |
[1:03:03] | All right, okay, look. What do you think, Tom? | 行了 少说两句 你怎么想的 汤姆? |
[1:03:05] | They did everything I asked ’em to do. | 他们按我说的做了 |
[1:03:07] | They didn’t complain. They never quit. | 既没有抱怨 也没有放弃 |
[1:03:09] | They’re good athletes. | 他们体育素质很好 |
[1:03:10] | And more importantly, their arms work. | 更重要的是 他们的手臂能使出力来 |
[1:03:14] | Do you think you can have them ready in six months? | 你觉得半年内能上场吗? |
[1:03:18] | Based on what I just saw, | 据我刚才的观察 |
[1:03:21] | probably not. | 很可能不行 |
[1:03:24] | Spencer asked me to move in with him. | 斯潘塞叫我搬去跟他一起住 |
[1:03:26] | No way. | 不会吧 |
[1:03:28] | No way, Spencer. | 不会吧 斯潘塞 |
[1:03:31] | Spencer is a funny name. | 斯潘塞这个名字真有趣 |
[1:03:41] | Hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[1:03:50] | Are you guys gonna take these or just stare at me? | 你们是准备签收还是盯着我傻看? |
[1:03:52] | Guys, come on. Guys, it’s pizza. | 各位 让一让 是我订的披萨 |
[1:03:56] | All right, come on. | 行了 都进来吧 |
[1:03:57] | Are you from Mars or what? That’s a pizza. You eat it. | 你们是火星人还是哪个星球? 那是披萨 吃的东西 |
[1:04:00] | Sorry, brother. | 不好意思啊 老兄 |
[1:04:03] | Oh, thank you, sir. Thank you. | 对了 谢谢你 谢谢啊 |
[1:04:08] | I’ve fallen in love with pizza. | 我已经爱上披萨了 |
[1:04:16] | We’re screwed. | 我们完蛋了 |
[1:04:18] | JB is going to pack our bags and send us home. | JB准备让我们打包回家 |
[1:04:24] | Dinesh, don’t worry so. | 迪尼斯 别想这么多 |
[1:04:29] | We can’t master it in one day. | 训练这种事 又不能一口吃出个胖子 |
[1:04:33] | Don’t you miss home? | 你不想家吗? |
[1:04:37] | I do miss it. | 肯定想啊 |
[1:04:41] | But now we are in America. We can do anything here. | 可我们现在是在美国啊 在这里想干嘛都行 |
[1:04:45] | You can even change your name to… | 就是把名字换成… |
[1:04:48] | Spencer. | 斯潘塞 |
[1:04:51] | I don’t want to change my name. | 我才不想换名字 |
[1:04:53] | I’m kidding, I’m kidding. Where are you going? | 我开玩笑的啦 你别当真 你去哪? |
[1:04:56] | I’m going to the bathroom. Don’t worry, I’m not leaving you. | 我去上厕所 放心 我不会丢下你的 |
[1:05:06] | Oh! | 啊! |
[1:05:09] | – JB! – Oh, crap. | – JB! – 唉 没完了还 |
[1:05:18] | – Okay, boys, knock ’em dead. – Okay, JB sir. | – 行啦 小伙们 亮瞎他们的双眼 – 没问题 JB先生 |
[1:05:25] | – Bye, JB sir. – That’s good. | – 再见 JB先生 – 好样的 |
[1:05:27] | Keep working on the English. I’ll see you later. | 英语也要好好学 一会见 |
[1:05:29] | He’s not staying to watch us today? | 他今天不在这里看我们训练吗? |
[1:05:34] | I guess not. | 我看不会了 |
[1:05:46] | – Why didn’t you tell me? – I did. You didn’t listen to me. | – 你怎么不早说? – 我说了 你不听 |
[1:05:48] | You were too busy bribing half of India. | 你一直在忙着讨好那几个印度人 |
[1:05:50] | – I didn’t have a choice. – Then guess what? | – 我也是没办法 – 然后你猜怎么着? |
[1:05:51] | We’re out of money, JB. | 我们没钱了 JB |
[1:05:52] | And not to mention that Chang has been calling me all morning. | 而且今早张一直在给我打电话 |
[1:05:55] | He wants a status update. What am I supposed to do? Come clean? | 他想知道实时状态 我该怎么做 老实交代? |
[1:05:58] | No, no. Don’t come clean. | 别别别 不能坦白交待 |
[1:06:00] | – Never come clean. – Seven Figures Management. | – 无论如何也不能坦白交待 – 这里是百万管理公司 |
[1:06:02] | That’s probably Chang right now. | 可能是张打过来的 |
[1:06:05] | Sure, um, hold on just one second. | 当然 稍等一下 |
[1:06:08] | JB, it’s Popo. | JB 是波波 |
[1:06:10] | – Seriously? – Yeah. | – 真的假的? – 真的 |
[1:06:13] | Hey. What’s up? | 嘿 什么事? |
[1:06:17] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[1:06:19] | Stay right there. I’m leaving right now. | 你不要走 我马上就来 |
[1:06:21] | Okay. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[1:06:24] | Pope’s not happy with Procorp, | 波波对普若克堡公司不满意 |
[1:06:26] | so he wants to talk to me about it. | 想跟我谈谈这事 |
[1:06:29] | So I’m gonna go talk to him, and then I’ll call you guys later. | 我现在就过去 晚点给你们电话 |
[1:06:31] | Yes! Yes! If you can get Popo, we’re back! | 太棒了! 我们有了波波就能起死回生了! |
[1:06:35] | – Yeah. – Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about! | – 太棒了 – 太棒了 我就这么说来着! |
[1:06:38] | Ow. Sorry. | 噢 不好意思 |
[1:06:40] | Okay, tell me, single to left. | 来来来 告诉我 左外野方向 |
[1:06:44] | No, no, no, no. English. | 不不不 用英语 |
[1:06:46] | Single to left. Come on. | 左外野方向 来嘛 |
[1:06:48] | Back third base. | 回三垒 |
[1:06:51] | – Back up third base. Good. – Back up third base. | – 接应三垒 很好 – 接应三垒 |
[1:06:53] | – I’m hungry. – JB sir is coming soon. | – 我饿了 – JB马上就来了 |
[1:06:57] | Let’s concentrate on work. Tell me, single to left. | 我们专心点 再说一遍 左外野方向 |
[1:07:00] | I’m tired, I’m hungry and JB is late. | 我又累又饿 JB还没来 |
[1:07:02] | No, no, no, English. | 不对不对 用英语说 |
[1:07:04] | – I’m hungry. – Hold on. Hold on. | – 我饿死了 – 再坚持一下 |
[1:07:06] | Hey, guys. Come on. Let’s go. I’m sorry I’m late. I had a meeting. | 嘿 各位 我们走吧 对不起来晚了 刚刚有个会 |
[1:07:09] | Let’s go. Let’s go. | 我们走吧 走啦 |
[1:07:12] | So, we’ll work with Popo for couple of months | 这几个月我们会跟波波交涉 |
[1:07:13] | till he finds out we’re the real deal. | 直到他发现我们是真心实意 |
[1:07:14] | And then we get the contract. Yeah, hold on. | 然后再签个合同 先等会 |
[1:07:16] | Guys, hustle up! Let’s go! We’ll get pizza. Come on. | 同志们 快点啊!走啦!一会吃披萨 快点 |
[1:07:18] | Let’s go. | 走了 |
[1:07:19] | Pizza again? He’s killing me. | 又吃披萨? 那玩意快吃腻了 |
[1:07:22] | I don’t care. I like pizza. | 我不觉得 我喜欢吃 |
[1:07:30] | Morning, Rinku. Morning, Dinesh. | 早上好 林库辛 早上好 迪尼斯 |
[1:08:14] | Oh! | 哎呀! |
[1:08:27] | So today’s my day off, | 我今天休息 |
[1:08:30] | so that means I absolutely have to clean my house. | 所以必须要收拾屋子了 |
[1:08:33] | Boring. Uh… | 真无聊 呃… |
[1:08:35] | So what about you guys? How’s the baseball going? | 你们怎么样? 棒球练得好吗? |
[1:08:39] | – Is that music? – Yeah. This is my iPod. | – 那是音乐吗? – 对啊 我的iPod |
[1:08:42] | For when I run. What kind of music do you guys like? | 跑步的时候听 你们喜欢什么音乐? |
[1:08:45] | I… I like… | 我… 喜欢… |
[1:08:48] | – Keith… Keith Urban. – Keith… | 凯斯 …凯斯·艾厄本 – 凯斯… |
[1:08:50] | – What? – Keith Urban. | – 什么? – 凯斯·艾厄本 |
[1:08:51] | Keith Urban? Wow. I did not expect you to say that. | 你们喜欢基斯·厄本? 真是太意外了 |
[1:08:56] | I… I like Eminem. Eminem is good, you know? | 我… 我喜欢艾米纳姆 他唱的挺好的 我觉得 |
[1:08:58] | Eminem? That’s literally what I’m listening to now. Here. | 艾米纳姆? 现在正在放他的歌 听听看 |
[1:09:01] | – I can see? – Yeah, yeah. | – 我能瞧瞧吗? – 当然 |
[1:09:03] | Ready? | 好了吗? |
[1:09:07] | So, come on, how’s the baseball going? it looks awesome. | 来说说看 棒球练得怎么样了? 看起来很棒的样子 |
[1:09:11] | – It’s not good. – Really? | – 不怎么样 – 怎么会? |
[1:09:13] | Baseball is very hard. | 棒球很难打 |
[1:09:16] | JB sir don’t like the way we play. | JB先生不喜欢我们的打法 |
[1:09:18] | Why do you say that? Why? | 怎么会这样? 不会吧? |
[1:09:20] | He don’t… He don’t come to watch. | 他都不… 不来看我们打球 |
[1:09:25] | You see, that’s just ’cause he’s a busy guy. | 那是因为他是个大忙人 |
[1:09:28] | I don’t think it’s ’cause he doesn’t want to. | 我觉得他肯定不是不想去看啦 |
[1:09:29] | Hey guys, | 同志们 |
[1:09:30] | come on, let’s go. We’re gonna be late. | 快点 走啦 要迟到了 |
[1:09:32] | – Hi, Brenda. – Hi. Have a good day. | – 嗨 布伦达 – 嗨 祝你们愉快 |
[1:09:39] | Keith Urban. | 凯斯·艾厄本 |
[1:09:42] | One of the kids, Manny, called Rinku a name. | 队里的曼尼给林库辛取了个外号 |
[1:09:44] | Dinesh didn’t like it. So, he shoved him. And they tussled a bit. | 迪尼斯不喜欢 推了曼尼一下 两人就打起来了 |
[1:09:47] | – What did he call him? – That’s not the point. | – 取了什么外号? – 那不是重点 |
[1:09:50] | The point is, these boys aren’t gelling. They’re struggling. | 重点是 他们不是在合作 而是在打斗 |
[1:09:54] | And if you were here more, you’d see that. | 你常来这边 也会看得见 |
[1:09:56] | Tom, I’d love to be here more. | 汤姆 不是我不想来 |
[1:09:57] | Work has been crazy. You know what I do. | 工作忙得很 你知道我的情况 |
[1:09:59] | Look, a big part of this training is up here. | 其实 训练很重要的一部分在于此 |
[1:10:03] | These kids, they need to be in the right head space. | 这些孩子需要被给予相当的重视 |
[1:10:05] | They need to feel supported. | 感觉自己有支持的后盾 |
[1:10:08] | They need to be having fun. You understand that? | 寓学于乐 你明白吗? |
[1:10:11] | Yes, of course I do, Tom. | 这我当然知道 汤姆 |
[1:10:13] | Yes, it makes sense. Thank you. | 你说的有道理 多谢 |
[1:10:18] | Yes, Rinku, the new phone is working. | 是的 林库辛 新手机可以用 |
[1:10:21] | Are you listening to Mr. Bernstein? | 你有听Berstein先生的话吗? |
[1:10:25] | Yes, JB is a very nice man, and he is taking good care of us. | 听话啊 JB人很好 把我们照顾得妥妥帖帖的 |
[1:10:31] | Hey- | 嘿 |
[1:10:34] | Okay, as soon as Rinku gets off the phone, we’re going out. | 那好吧 等林库辛讲完电话 我们就出发 |
[1:10:37] | – We’re gonna have some fun. – Okay, JB sir. | – 带你们出去玩 – 好的 JB先生 |
[1:10:39] | Everyone is thinking of you. We are all so excited. | 我们每个人都很挂念你 为你高兴 |
[1:10:46] | I think of you a lot. | 我也很想你们 |
[1:10:50] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[1:10:53] | I have to go to work. | 我得忙去了 |
[1:11:03] | – Is this a hotel? – No. This is your future. | – 这是宾馆吗? – 不 这是你们的未来 |
[1:11:08] | And hopefully mine, if things go well tonight. | 但愿也是我的未来 要是今晚一切顺利的话 |
[1:11:15] | Not bad, huh? | 还不错吧? |
[1:11:18] | – JB! My man. – There he is. | – JB! 可把你盼来了 – 我这不是来了嘛 |
[1:11:21] | – How you feeling? – Good. | – 怎么样? – 还不错 |
[1:11:23] | Boys, this is Popo Vanuatu, | 小伙们 这位是波波·阿奴挖图 |
[1:11:24] | one of the greatest linebackers in the NFL. | 国家足球联盟最牛的后卫球员之一 |
[1:11:26] | – What’s up, dude? – Food and drink is that way. | – 你好 老兄 – 食物和酒水在那边 |
[1:11:29] | But I’m gonna steal my man JB here and talk business. | 但是我要借用一下JB 谈谈工作上的事 |
[1:11:31] | Okay, yeah, cool. Guys, just hang tight. I’ll be right back. | 好了 孩子们 等我一会儿 去去就回 |
[1:11:35] | Have fun. Have fun. | 尽情享受吧 |
[1:11:39] | Hey, Popo. What are the Procorp boys doing here? | 嘿 波波 普若克堡公司的人怎么会在这? |
[1:11:43] | It’s a party, JB. They came. Don’t sweat that. | 这是个派对 JB 他们当然可以来 别太紧张 |
[1:12:01] | This is my special place, man. | 这是我的特别空间 老兄 |
[1:12:04] | Only for my nearest and dearest. | 都是我的心头之好 |
[1:12:11] | I’m honored, bro. | 我很荣幸 老弟 |
[1:12:21] | We have practice tomorrow. Should we leave now? | 明天还有训练 我们应该要走么? |
[1:12:25] | I think I ate too much. | 我觉得我吃撑了 |
[1:12:26] | I told you not to! | 我告诉过你别吃那么多! |
[1:12:27] | You’re eating cow, lamb, pig and who knows what else. | 你吃了牛肉 羊肉 猪肉 谁知到还有别的什么 |
[1:12:30] | I’m bored. I eat when I’m bored. | 实在是太无聊了 一无聊我就吃东西 |
[1:12:34] | Hello, brother! | 嘿 老弟们! |
[1:12:35] | This is a crazy party, man! Let’s enjoy it, man! | 这真是个疯狂的派对 让我们尽情享受吧! |
[1:12:38] | Let’s do some noise! Like this! | 让我们动起来! 就像这样! |
[1:12:43] | And then my grandpapa would just look at me, | 然后我爷爷就会看着我 |
[1:12:46] | and he had these crazy bushy eyebrows. | 还有他那过度浓密的眉毛 |
[1:12:50] | But it was real, you know? | 这都是真的 知道吗? |
[1:12:52] | Yeah. Yes, I do. | 是的 是的 我相信 |
[1:12:56] | And then he looked at me and he said, | 然后他看着我说 |
[1:12:58] | “Go be, Popo.” Just like that. | “想做就做 波波” 这之类的话 |
[1:13:01] | “Go be.” | “想做就做” |
[1:13:06] | Wow. That is, that is deep. | 哇 确实 很深刻 |
[1:13:09] | I’m so sorry. I have to take this. It’s the boys. | 抱歉 我接个电话 是那两个孩子打来的 |
[1:13:12] | Hey. What’s up, Amit? | 嘿 阿米特 怎么了? |
[1:13:16] | What? | 什么? |
[1:13:20] | Why did you drink the punch if you don’t drink alcohol? | 既然你不能喝酒 为什么又要去喝? |
[1:13:23] | I didn’t know it was alcohol, JB sir. | 我不知道那是酒 JB先生 |
[1:13:26] | I’m… I’m sorry. | 对… 对不起 |
[1:13:29] | JB sir, can you slow it down, please? | JB先生 你能开慢点么? |
[1:13:32] | – I’m not feeling very good. – That’s too bad. | – 我觉得很不舒服 – 那太糟糕了 |
[1:13:35] | I was in the middle of something very important. | 我正在谈很重要的事情 |
[1:13:37] | And for the record, I don’t care that you drank alcohol. | 准确来说 我不在乎你喝了酒 |
[1:13:39] | I just care that you then decided to go swimming in someones fountain. | 我介意的是你居然酒后在别人的喷泉里游泳 |
[1:13:41] | – I don’t feel too good, JB sir. – Did you drink, too? | – 我觉得不舒服 JB先生 – 你也喝酒了? |
[1:13:44] | – I ate too much. – Well, I’m not slowing down. | – 我吃撑了 – 好吧 我是不会减速的 |
[1:13:49] | JB sir, | JB先生 |
[1:13:51] | I think I’m going to… | 我觉得我要… |
[1:13:52] | No, no, don’t you dare! | 不 不 你敢吐试试! |
[1:13:54] | Do not… No! | 不… 不! |
[1:14:04] | That’s better. | 感觉好多了 |
[1:14:06] | Could we have some water? | 有水么? |
[1:14:10] | Thanks. Sorry. | 多谢 麻烦了 |
[1:14:26] | – There we go. Congrats. – Thank you. | – 好了 合作愉快 – 谢谢 |
[1:14:29] | What’s going on here? | 这是怎么回事? |
[1:14:34] | JB | JB. |
[1:14:37] | This is just business. | 做生意就是这个样子 |
[1:14:59] | Go to bed. | 去睡觉 |
[1:15:02] | – I am sorry, JB sir. – What? | – 我很抱歉 JB先生 – 什么? |
[1:15:04] | – Sorry. – You’re sorry? | – 抱歉 – 你觉得抱歉? |
[1:15:07] | You’re sorry that I just lost my biggest client in years | 你应该抱歉 我刚刚失去了近些年最大的客户 |
[1:15:10] | because you guys decided to wander off and trespass | 就是因为你的棒球选手们非法侵入私人住宅 |
[1:15:13] | on someone’s private property, swim in their fountain | 在里面乱逛 还在他们的喷泉里游泳 |
[1:15:16] | and, oh, yeah, oh, yeah, puke on me, twice! | 还有 还有 朝我吐了 两次! |
[1:15:20] | Shush! You can translate it later. | 闭嘴! 一会再翻译 |
[1:15:23] | How about instead of being sorry, | 除了抱歉以为 |
[1:15:25] | you guys do what you were brought here to do, | 能不能好好练习棒球 |
[1:15:27] | which is learn the game? | 做些你们被带到这里应该做的事情? |
[1:15:30] | Which, according to Mr. House, | 就豪斯教练的话来说 |
[1:15:31] | you’re not even close to doing that. | 你们现在还差得远 |
[1:15:34] | So go to bed. | 给我上床睡觉 |
[1:15:36] | And no more TV. Ever. | 不准再看电视 永远不许 |
[1:16:00] | Are you okay? | 还好么? |
[1:16:07] | Yes. | 不好 |
[1:16:11] | Had a bad night. | 糟糕的一晚 |
[1:16:13] | Yeah, I see that. | 是的 我看出来了 |
[1:16:18] | Do you want a beer? | 要来瓶啤酒么? |
[1:16:24] | I don’t know how much longer I can do this. | 我不知道我还能坚持多久 |
[1:16:27] | I was supposed to run a contest, | 我是来准备比赛的 |
[1:16:28] | not become a primary caregiver. | 而不是做你们的监护人 |
[1:16:30] | My house is a mess, the pool is filthy, | 房子一团糟 泳池脏乱不堪 |
[1:16:33] | my car smells like puke. | 车里一股呕吐物的味道 |
[1:16:36] | I’m late to everything. I can’t even spell sex. | 所有的事情都是火急火燎的 甚至没有时间来做爱 |
[1:16:39] | You sound like every one of my married friends. | 听起来就像我周围所有已婚朋友的生活 |
[1:16:40] | But I’m not married. I don’t wanna be married. | 但是我还没有结婚 我也不想结婚 |
[1:16:43] | All right, Mr. Sensitive. | 好吧 敏感先生 |
[1:16:47] | I think you just need to accept the fact that | 我觉得你只需要接受一个事实 |
[1:16:48] | your life’s gonna be different for a couple of months. | 那就是这几个月中你的生活会与以往不同 |
[1:16:49] | And then it’s gonna go back to your old life. | 在这之后就可以回归到以前的生活了 |
[1:16:51] | Yeah, but there may not be an old life to go back to | 是的 但如果这次不成功 |
[1:16:53] | if this doesn’t work out. That’s what you don’t understand. | 就永远回不到以前的生活了 你不懂 |
[1:16:56] | This thing, these kids… | 这个比赛 这些孩子… |
[1:17:01] | This is my last best shot. | 是我最后的机会 |
[1:17:03] | Come on. You got your big house, | 算了吧 你有豪宅 豪车 |
[1:17:04] | your fancy car. You’re gonna be fine. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[1:17:06] | No, I am miles away from fine. | 不 好个屁类好 |
[1:17:09] | All this stuff is from my old life, when I made money, | 这些都是我以前挣下的 在我愚蠢地决定单干之前 |
[1:17:13] | before I stupidly decided to go out on my own. | 那时候还能赚些钱 |
[1:17:17] | I can barely pay my bills. | 我现在已经付不起账单了 |
[1:17:20] | – Really? – Really. | – 真的? – 真的 |
[1:17:24] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:17:26] | Okay, so if they’re your last shot, | 那好 如果他们是你最后的筹码 |
[1:17:30] | then don’t you think you should be paying | 你不觉得你应该 |
[1:17:32] | a little more attention to ’em? | 给予他们更多关心么? |
[1:17:33] | I mean, it’s not like it’s easy for these guys, you know. | 我是说 这对他们来说也十分不易 |
[1:17:36] | They’re far from home. They miss their families. | 他们远离家乡 想念家人 |
[1:17:38] | – How do you know all this? – ‘Cause they told me. | – 你怎么知道这些? – 他们亲口告诉我的 |
[1:17:40] | You talk to them? | 你和他们聊天了? |
[1:17:42] | Yeah, I talk to them. | 是的 聊过了 |
[1:17:46] | They just need to see that you care. | 他们只是想得到你的关注 |
[1:17:54] | Yeah, maybe I need to create a… | 是的 或许我该… |
[1:17:57] | Create a better environment for their success. | 为他们的成功营造一个更好的环境 |
[1:18:02] | Something like that, yeah. | 对 类似这样的 |
[1:18:06] | You just need to commit to it and then you’ll figure out the rest. | 你只需要致力于此 其他的自然就见分晓了 |
[1:18:13] | Speaking of committing, how is Mike? | 说到致力于此 你和麦克怎么样了? |
[1:18:15] | – Mark. – Mark. | – 是马克 – 马克 |
[1:18:18] | We broke up. | 我们分手了 |
[1:18:23] | To committing. | 敬我们的努力 |
[1:18:24] | To committing. | 敬努力 |
[1:18:34] | How we doing? | 你好吗? |
[1:18:44] | Amit, Amit, Amit. | 阿米特 阿米特 阿米特 |
[1:18:47] | Five. All right, and again. Cross it over. | 五 好 再来一次 交换 |
[1:19:15] | That’s a lot. | 太多了 |
[1:19:49] | Today I consider myself | 今天 我觉得自己 |
[1:19:54] | the luckiest man | 是这个世界上 |
[1:19:57] | on the face of the Earth. | 是最幸运的人 |
[1:20:02] | This is the saddest movie I’ve ever seen. | 这是我看过最感人的电影 |
[1:20:07] | How are you not crying right now? | 你为什么不哭? |
[1:20:12] | I cried the first 35 times I watched it. | 我第一次看的时候哭了三十五次 |
[1:20:14] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:20:19] | Oh, boy, these guys are… | 哦 这些孩子都… |
[1:20:22] | They’re wiped. They’re done. | 他们累趴了 睡着了 |
[1:20:25] | They’ve been working very hard. | 他们训练得很刻苦 |
[1:20:29] | – Where’s Amit? – He’s compiling his notes. | – 阿米特在哪? – 他正在整理笔记 |
[1:20:33] | He wants to coach baseball. | 他想当棒球教练 |
[1:20:36] | Either that or he’s starting an outsource center. | 要么他就在创建自己的业务外包中心 |
[1:20:37] | I can’t determine which. There’s a lot of activity happening in that room. | 我不确定 他在那个房间里进行各种各样的活动 |
[1:20:40] | – Stop. – It’s a great idea. | – 住嘴 – 这是个好主意 |
[1:20:42] | It’s the first in-country outsource center. | 这是史上第一个境内业务外包中心 |
[1:20:44] | That is hilarious. | 太搞笑了 |
[1:20:47] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[1:20:49] | You shh. You shh. | 你住嘴 住嘴 |
[1:20:55] | Do you… Do you wanna get a drink? | 你… 你想不想来一杯? |
[1:20:58] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[1:21:00] | All right, so this should impress you. | 好吧 这会让你印象深刻 |
[1:21:05] | – Wow. – Yeah. No, I know. | – 哇 – 是的 我知道 |
[1:21:08] | I know. It’s a bit messy. | 我知道 这里乱七八糟 |
[1:21:09] | I just have not a lot of time to organize | 我只是没有时间整理 |
[1:21:12] | because I’m either going to the hospital | 我要去医院上班 |
[1:21:14] | or I’m coming back from running or yoga. | 回来后还要跑步 做瑜伽 |
[1:21:16] | Hey, The Taj has some prime real estate. | 嘿 泰姬陵还有它自己的领域 |
[1:21:19] | Yeah, I love my mini Taj. | 是的 我喜欢这个迷你泰姬陵 |
[1:21:21] | Scotch okay? | 来点苏格兰威士忌? |
[1:21:23] | Fine. | 可以 |
[1:21:24] | Great. | 很好 |
[1:21:28] | Who are these fine ladies? | 这些漂亮姑娘是谁? |
[1:21:30] | Oh, those are my sisters. | 噢 是我的姐妹们 |
[1:21:31] | – Yeah, I’ve got five. – Five? | – 是的 我有五个姐妹 – 五个? |
[1:21:33] | – Yeah. – Wow. I didn’t know that. | – 是的 – 哇 我从来不知道 |
[1:21:36] | Well, before India, we never really talked, you know. | 在你去印度之前 我们从来没有真正交流过 |
[1:21:41] | Yeah, why is that? | 对 为什么呢? |
[1:21:44] | Well, I don’t wanna offend you, | 好吧 我不想冒犯你 |
[1:21:46] | but I just never was really interested in talking to you. | 但是我以前从来没有兴趣想要和你聊天 |
[1:21:50] | I am offended. | 你冒犯我了 |
[1:21:51] | Don’t be. | 别这样 |
[1:21:53] | You’re just… You’re just different than you were before. | 只是你… 你现在和以前不一样了 |
[1:22:00] | I don’t feel different. | 我没觉得自己有什么不一样 |
[1:22:01] | Really? ‘Cause your Porsche looks like a minivan. | 是吗? 因为你的保时捷变成了一辆面包车 |
[1:22:04] | Minivans are the new black. | 面包车是最新时尚 |
[1:22:07] | See? It’s good. This whole | 看吧? 这很好 |
[1:22:10] | alternative family thing | 这种完全另类的家用品 |
[1:22:11] | looks good on you. | 很适合你 |
[1:22:13] | I mean, it’s changed you. | 我是说 它改变了你 |
[1:22:14] | How has it changed me? | 它怎么改变我了? |
[1:22:18] | I don’t wanna ruin it. I’m having too much fun watching. | 我不想扫你的兴 但是旁观起来很有趣 |
[1:22:21] | Come on, tell me. Tell me how it’s changed me. | 来吧 告诉我 它是怎么改变我的 |
[1:22:29] | Well, that was more than just watching. | 好吧 这可不仅仅是旁观了 |
[1:22:30] | Yes, it was. | 是的 |
[1:22:48] | Good morning, Mr. JB sir. | 早上好 JB先生 |
[1:22:52] | Very good morning, Mr. JB sir. | 早上很好 JB先生 |
[1:22:55] | Hello. | 早上好 |
[1:22:56] | Leaving in 20 minutes, guys. | 你们还有二十分钟 |
[1:23:06] | All right, go ahead. | 好吧 有什么想问的 |
[1:23:08] | Say it. | 就说吧 |
[1:23:13] | Sir, we need to know | 先生 我们想知道 |
[1:23:14] | when you’re going to marry Ms. Brenda. | 你和布伦达小姐准备什么时候结婚 |
[1:23:16] | – Yes. – No, guys. | – 对 – 不 伙计们 |
[1:23:17] | This is not what you ask in America. | 在美国我们不这么问 |
[1:23:20] | What do you ask? | 那你们会怎么问? |
[1:23:22] | You would say, “How far did you get with Ms. Brenda?” | 你应该问 “你和布伦达打算走多远?” |
[1:23:24] | You traveled with her? | 你们要去旅行? |
[1:23:25] | No, no, no, it’s not a distance. | 不 不 不 不是距离上的远近 |
[1:23:27] | It’s, like, physically, like, “Did you kiss her?” | 是指 身体接触程度 就像 “你亲她了么?” |
[1:23:29] | – Like… – Huh? | – 就像… – 哈? |
[1:23:31] | But that’s private, no, sir? | 但这是个人隐私 不是吗 先生? |
[1:23:32] | Yes, it is private. Thank you. | 对 这是隐私 谢谢 |
[1:23:34] | I think you should marry Ms. Brenda. | 我觉得你应该和布伦达小姐结婚 |
[1:23:37] | Even I also think. | 我也这么认为 |
[1:23:38] | Yes, sir. You are old. | 我也同意 先生 你年纪大了 |
[1:23:41] | You should marry her, start family… | 你应该和她结婚 成家… |
[1:23:42] | Number one, lam not old. | 第一 我不老 |
[1:23:44] | You’re a little bit old. | 你还是有点老的 |
[1:23:46] | Hey. Number two, | 嘿 第二 |
[1:23:48] | just because I’ve slept over at her house | 我只不过在她房间里过了一夜 |
[1:23:50] | doesn’t mean I have to marry her. | 不代表我就要和她结婚 |
[1:23:51] | Mmm… | 唔… |
[1:23:56] | Did you kiss Ms. Brenda? | 你亲了布伦达小姐么? |
[1:24:00] | No. | 没有 |
[1:24:05] | – She kissed me. – Oh! | – 她亲了我 – 哦! |
[1:24:06] | Oh, JB sir! | 哦 JB先生! |
[1:24:08] | Oh, my God! | 哦 天哪! |
[1:24:14] | Yeah, well, enjoy the game, Mike, | 好 享受比赛 麦克 |
[1:24:16] | and I’ll have Aash follow up with you on that. | 我会让安什跟进的 |
[1:24:19] | You got it, pal. Bye. | 你懂的 朋友 拜拜 |
[1:24:21] | JB, it’s Chang. | JB 张找你 |
[1:24:23] | Tell him I’m not here. | 告诉他我不在 |
[1:24:24] | He’s pushing for a tryout and we need to stall, stall, stall. | 他要开展选拔赛 我们就要一直推脱 推脱 推脱 |
[1:24:28] | That might be tricky. | 这有点难办 |
[1:24:38] | Their progress has been… | 他们现在的水平很… |
[1:24:40] | – Remarkable. – Yeah. Yep. Amazing. | – 卓越 – 是的 很了不起 |
[1:24:43] | By my calendar, we should hold the tryout in three weeks, right? | 根据我的行程 我们要在三周内开展选拔赛 对吗? |
[1:24:47] | Uh, Well, | 呃 好吧 |
[1:24:49] | you know, to be honest, | 你知道 老实说 |
[1:24:50] | even given their remarkable progress, | 即使他们进步显著 |
[1:24:54] | they could probably use a little more time. | 还是需要再多一点时间 |
[1:24:59] | We could all benefit from more time, Mr. Bernstein, | 我们确实都能从更多时间里获利 伯恩斯坦先生 |
[1:25:02] | but it wasn’t our agreement, was it? | 但这不属于我们的协议内容 不是么? |
[1:25:05] | No. | 是的 |
[1:25:08] | So are you gonna honor our agreement or not? | 所以你到底要不要履行我们的协议? |
[1:25:13] | Absolutely. | 当然要 |
[1:25:15] | They will be ready in three weeks. | 他们会在三周内准备好的 |
[1:25:18] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[1:25:20] | Horse crap! We had a deal. We were gonna do this right. | 这叫什么事! 我们说好的 我们之前进展得很好 |
[1:25:24] | We are! This way we get maximum exposure. | 现在也很好! 这样我们可以得到最大的曝光率 |
[1:25:27] | ESPN, Sports Illustrated, NBC, ABC, they’re all gonna be there. | 体育联播网 体育画报 全国广播和美国广播公司都会报道 |
[1:25:30] | I mean right by Rinku and Dinesh. | 我是从林库辛和迪尼斯的角度考虑的 |
[1:25:32] | They’re not ready for this kind of pressure. | 他们还不能承受这样的压力 |
[1:25:33] | Tom, every scout in the Major Leagues will be in Tempe | 汤姆 棒球联盟的所有球探都会参加十一月 |
[1:25:36] | – for the November meetings. – Well, that’s my point. | – 在坦佩的大会 – 我就是不想这样 |
[1:25:38] | Taking them to Tempe, out of their comfort zone? | 让他们离开熟悉的地方跑去坦佩 |
[1:25:40] | Putting them in front of a media circus? | 还要面对一大堆媒体 |
[1:25:42] | They’ll be a sideshow. | 会出大洋相的 |
[1:25:46] | I appreciate your input, Tom, | 我很感谢你的建议 汤姆 |
[1:25:49] | but this is business. | 但这是生意上的事 |
[1:25:50] | I have a deal with my investors | 我和投资人有个协议 |
[1:25:52] | and I have to live up to that deal. That’s what I do. | 我必须遵守 这就是我要做的 |
[1:25:55] | You understand? | 你明白吗 |
[1:25:57] | Perfectly. | 明白的很 |
[1:25:59] | Oh! Can’t use ASU’s field. Too many liabilities. | 不能用亚利桑那州立大学的场地了 欠债太多 |
[1:26:04] | Why are we hearing about this right now, three days out? | 怎么现在才说 都三天了 |
[1:26:06] | Hey! They told me it would work. | 嘿 他们之前说会有办法的 |
[1:26:08] | It’s fine. We can find another place. | 没关系 我们再找个地方 |
[1:26:10] | All we need is a mound and a cage. It’s easy. | 只要一个土墩和挡网就行 很好办 |
[1:26:12] | – Theresa? – Yeah? | – 特丽萨? – 怎么 |
[1:26:13] | Where are we with the scout RSVPs? | 我们收到几个球探的回复了 |
[1:26:15] | We are up to 24! | 已经有二十四个了 |
[1:26:20] | There we go. | 好极了 |
[1:26:21] | – That’s what I’m talking about. – It’s good. | – 进展很顺利 – 太棒了 |
[1:26:22] | Twenty-four is good. | 有这么多很好 |
[1:26:23] | Hey. What’s up, Brenda? | 嘿 有事吗 布伦达 |
[1:26:28] | What? | 什么 |
[1:26:34] | – Hey. – Don’t keep touching. | – 嘿 – 别摸1了 |
[1:26:36] | – What the hell happened? – It’s not that bad. | – 这是怎么回事 – 没那么严重 |
[1:26:37] | Yeah, it’s fine. He has two stitches. | 伤得不重 他缝了两针 |
[1:26:40] | He’s gonna live. The doctor said… | 没有生命危险 医生说… |
[1:26:41] | It’s on his pitching hand. | 伤的是他投球的那只手 |
[1:26:43] | How did this happen? | 到底怎么搞的 |
[1:26:44] | Oh, um, well, I was just teaching them how to make Mexican food | 呃 我当时在教他们做墨西哥菜 |
[1:26:47] | and he was slicing a bell pepper and he slipped and… | 他切柿子椒的时候手滑了… |
[1:26:51] | – It’s fine. – Okay… | – 没什么大事 – 好吧 |
[1:26:52] | I need to talk to you outside, please. | 到外面来 我们得谈谈 |
[1:26:53] | It’s honestly okay. | 真的没什么事 |
[1:26:55] | I need to talk to you outside for one minute. | 给你一分钟出来我们必须要谈 |
[1:26:57] | – He will be fine. – Amit, turn the camera off. | – 他没什么事 – 阿米特 关掉摄像机 |
[1:26:58] | – We’re in a hospital. – Sorry. | – 我们是在医院 – 抱歉 |
[1:27:01] | – Sorry, JB sir. – No, don’t be sorry. We’re fine. | – 抱歉 JB先生 – 不用道歉 没事的 |
[1:27:04] | Let me just… Hang on. | 我去…等一会 |
[1:27:16] | – Hey. What… – Hey. | – 嘿 这是… – 嘿 |
[1:27:19] | Look, I appreciate all the stuff you were trying to do. | 是这样 我很感激你做的一切 |
[1:27:22] | – But those guys are my investment. – Okay. | – 但这两个小伙是我的投资 – 好吧 |
[1:27:24] | I have a lot riding on their success. | 我所有的希望都在他们身上了 |
[1:27:26] | Obviously it was an accident. | 这明显只是个意外 |
[1:27:27] | I understand that. That accident might cost me a lot of money. | 我明白 但这意外有可能让我损失了一大笔 |
[1:27:30] | If he can’t pitch in three days. | 如果他三天后不能上场的话 |
[1:27:32] | Okay, okay. Well, I don’t know how it works, | 好的 好的 我不知道具体情况 |
[1:27:34] | but can’t you push the tryout, or… | 但你能不能推迟一下选拔赛日期 |
[1:27:35] | You want me to push the tryout? | 你想让我推迟日期 |
[1:27:36] | You want me to call ESPN and Sports Illustrated | 你想让我给体育联播网 体育画报 |
[1:27:38] | and half the world’s media and 24-some-odd baseball clubs and go, | 全世界媒体和至少二十四个棒球俱乐部打电话说 |
[1:27:41] | “Guys, sorry, we can’t do it in a couple of days, | “伙计们对不住了 我们这几天还不能比赛 |
[1:27:44] | we’re gonna need to do it in a couple of weeks, | 我们还需要过几周才可以 |
[1:27:45] | ’cause one of my kids wanted to learn how to make fajitas.” | 因为有个孩子想学做墨西哥铁板烧” |
[1:27:48] | Is that what you want me to do? You’re insane! | 你想让我这么说吗 简直是疯了 |
[1:27:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:27:52] | I don’t think I’m being unreasonable. | 我觉得我不是不讲道理的人 |
[1:27:53] | You’re being a little unreasonable. | 你确实有点不讲道理 |
[1:27:55] | But you’re also being a class-A jerk. | 而且你更像是个顶级混球 |
[1:27:57] | I mean, I understand they’re your investments and everything, | 我能明白你在他们身上投资这些事 |
[1:28:00] | but they’re also just a couple of kids. | 但他们毕竟只是两个孩子 |
[1:28:02] | “Kids” being the operative word. | “孩子”才是关键词 |
[1:28:14] | Well, Sl is thinking of doing a cover story, | 体育画报在考虑做一期封面人物报道 |
[1:28:16] | if all goes well. | 如果顺利的话 |
[1:28:28] | No, no. No, ESPN still wants to do a feature | 不 不 体育联播网仍然很有兴趣 |
[1:28:30] | for Outside the Lines. Yeah, I just talked to the guy today. | 在赛场之外栏目特别报道 我今天和他们谈了 |
[1:28:41] | Hey. Hey, guys- | 嘿 伙计们 |
[1:28:44] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:28:46] | All right, I just wanted to | 我只是想过来 |
[1:28:49] | wish you guys all the best. | 祝你们好运 |
[1:28:51] | I know you’re gonna get out there and you’re gonna blow them away. | 我知道你们一定会让他们大跌眼镜的 |
[1:28:55] | Truly. All right, let’s hug it out. | 真的 好吧 抱一下 |
[1:28:58] | This is what we do. This is how we do it. | 我们喜欢这样做 这是我们的风格 |
[1:29:02] | – Thank you, Ms. Brenda. – Thank you. Thank you. | – 谢谢 布伦达女士 – 谢谢 谢谢 |
[1:29:04] | – Good luck. – Thank you, madam. | – 好运 – 谢谢 女士 |
[1:29:05] | Okay, then I wanna hear all about it when you get back. | 回来之后一定要告诉我经过 |
[1:29:08] | Hey! Come on, guys. Let’s load it up. | 嘿 来吧 上车 |
[1:29:10] | – Bye. – Good luck. | – 再见 – 祝你们好运 |
[1:29:11] | We gotta go. Hey, hey, hey. Can I talk to you for a second? | 该走了 嘿 嘿 嘿 能跟你说几句话吗 |
[1:29:13] | Yeah. What’s up? | 好啊 怎么 |
[1:29:14] | I just wanted to apologize for the other day, you know. | 我只是想为那天的事向你道歉 |
[1:29:16] | Oh! | 噢 |
[1:29:17] | I’ve been under a lot of… | 我当时压力… |
[1:29:21] | I’ve been under a lot of pressure with all this | 因为最近我确实压力很大 |
[1:29:23] | and I did not need to take it out on you. | 我不应该朝你发泄 |
[1:29:25] | Oh, I’m a big girl, JB. I can handle you getting mad. | 我是个成年人了 JB 你发下脾气我可以接受 |
[1:29:27] | I just don’t like seeing that side of you, that’s all. | 只是我不喜欢那样的你 就这些 |
[1:29:31] | What side is that? | 哪样的我 |
[1:29:33] | I don’t know. The side that puts the deal | 说不上来 大概就是把生意 |
[1:29:34] | before everything else, I guess. | 看的高于一切那样吧 |
[1:29:40] | Well, maybe that’s just who I am. | 也许我就是这样的人 |
[1:29:42] | Maybe. I hope not. | 也许吧 希望不是 |
[1:29:45] | Safe travels. | 路上小心 |
[1:29:47] | Knock ’em dead. | 震住他们 |
[1:29:52] | It should be fine. It shouldn’t affect your cutter. | 看起来还好 应该不会影响你发外切球 |
[1:29:57] | Sir, I don’t have a cutter. | 先生 我不用外切球 |
[1:29:59] | See? | 看吧? |
[1:30:03] | Sir, do you think we’re ready? | 先生 你觉得我们准备好了吗 |
[1:30:10] | Doesn’t matter what I think, or anyone else. | 不管我或任何人怎么想都不重要 |
[1:30:13] | It only matters what you think. | 要相信自己的感觉 |
[1:30:16] | You understand? | 明白吗 |
[1:30:35] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[1:30:37] | Shouldn’t this be ready already? | 这东西不是应该早就准备好吗 |
[1:30:38] | It’s getting there. It’s getting there, okay? | 快好了 快好了 好吗? |
[1:30:40] | Oh, Chang’s here. | 张来了 |
[1:30:43] | Think he’s wondering why we’re doing this in a strip mall? | 他是不是正奇怪为什么我们在商店街上搭场地 |
[1:30:45] | I don’t know. I’ll tell you what, | 不知道 但是记着 |
[1:30:47] | do not talk to House about this, okay? | 别跟豪斯说这件事 好吧 |
[1:30:48] | He is not happy. | 他可不怎么高兴 |
[1:30:51] | Well, too bad. | 太糟糕了 |
[1:30:54] | Showtime, buddy. | 开场了 伙计 |
[1:30:56] | Let’s do this, partner. Boom. | 加油了 搭档 燃烧吧 |
[1:31:00] | – Are you nervous? – Uh, no. | – 你紧张吗 – 呃 不紧张 |
[1:31:03] | Well, you shouldn’t be, because all of India is behind you. | 确实不应该紧张 因为整个印度都会支持你 |
[1:31:05] | – We will all be watching live. – All? | – 所有人都会收看现场直播 – 所有人吗 |
[1:31:08] | Yes, this feed will be seen… | 没错 这档节目将会… |
[1:31:09] | Yes! | 好极了 |
[1:31:10] | …by nearly half a billion people. | …有将近五亿人收看 |
[1:31:12] | And we know you’ll make India so proud. | 我们知道你会让印度为你骄傲 |
[1:31:14] | Thank you. Good luck. | 谢谢你 祝你好运 |
[1:31:27] | Okay, thank you, guys, all for coming out. | 感谢各位今天的到场 |
[1:31:29] | Uh, believe it or not, 10 months ago, | 信不信由你们 十个月以前 |
[1:31:31] | these two guys had never even heard of baseball, | 这两个家伙连棒球是什么都不知道 |
[1:31:34] | much less picked one up and tried to throw it. | 更别说接球或是投球了 |
[1:31:37] | Uh, so, I’m pretty sure you’re gonna be blown away | 所以我有十足把握今天你们 |
[1:31:39] | by what you see today. | 一定会大吃一惊的 |
[1:31:40] | Uh, anyway, without further ado, please welcome India’s finest. | 闲言少叙 让我们欢迎印度的精英选手 |
[1:31:45] | First up, Dinesh Kumar Patel. | 首先是迪尼斯·库马尔·帕特尔 |
[1:31:48] | – Let’s go. Come on, buddy. – Yeah! Whoo! | – 上吧 加油伙计 – 哇呜 |
[1:32:56] | – What’s wrong? – Sir, mound no good, sir. | – 怎么回事 – 先生 这个土墩不太好 先生 |
[1:32:58] | – What do you mean? – Um… Sir, no rubber, sir. | – 什么意思 – 呃…没有橡胶 先生 |
[1:33:03] | Don’t worry about that, okay? You got this. | 别担心这个 好吗 你可以的 |
[1:33:05] | I want you to just relax and throw your stuff, all right? | 你要放松一点发挥正常水平就行 好吗 |
[1:33:09] | Relax and throw your stuff. | 放松 像平常一样 |
[1:33:10] | Right in there, all right? | 用力投进去就行 好吗 |
[1:34:08] | They were all over the place, JB. | 他们水平太一般了 JB |
[1:34:10] | Yeah, but Pete, you gotta see the potential here. | 好吧 但是皮特 你一定能看出他们有潜能 |
[1:34:13] | Potential? Maybe from a marketing perspective. Maybe. | 潜能 从市场营销的角度看也许有吧 |
[1:34:17] | But this is Major League Baseball. | 但这可是职棒联盟 |
[1:34:19] | This isn’t some social experiment. | 而不是做什么社会实验 |
[1:34:21] | I’m sorry. They’re not for the Mariners. | 抱歉 他们不适合西雅图水手队 |
[1:34:25] | – You’re gonna regret this, Pete. – Sorry. | – 你会后悔的皮特 – 抱歉 |
[1:34:29] | Mr. Bernstein. | 伯恩斯坦先生 |
[1:34:31] | Mr. Chang, hey. | 你好 张先生 |
[1:34:32] | Listen, they’re a lot better than that. | 听我说 这不是他们的正常水平 |
[1:34:34] | I don’t know what happened out there. | 我也不知道怎么回事 |
[1:34:36] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[1:34:39] | I’m sorry? | 我不明白 |
[1:34:40] | You said one year to a Major League tryout. | 你说一年时间就能参加职棒选拔赛 |
[1:34:42] | – You did it. – Yeah, but… | – 你做到了 – 是的 但是… |
[1:34:44] | Look, I’m satisfied. I will extend our deal to three years. | 我已经满意了 我会把合约延长到三年 |
[1:34:49] | With all this attention, | 有了这种关注度 |
[1:34:51] | it can only help The Million Dollar Arm | 百万金臂活动一定 |
[1:34:52] | be more visible in the future. | 还会取得更大的成功 |
[1:34:55] | These boys are done, but there’ll be others. | 这两个落选了 还会有其他人 |
[1:34:57] | Good day. | 日安 |
[1:35:03] | Well, you got your deal. | 你拿下这笔生意了 |
[1:35:05] | Maybe you can take the boys out and celebrate. | 也许你该带小伙子们去庆祝一下 |
[1:35:26] | At least we get to see our families soon, right? | 至少我们很快就可以见到家人了 对吧 |
[1:35:39] | On the surface, guys, this sounded like such a promising idea, | 各位 表面上看 这像是一次很有希望的尝试 |
[1:35:42] | and they even showed | 而且他们在某些时刻 |
[1:35:43] | some flashes of real brilliance. | 甚至显露出了一丝天分 |
[1:35:45] | But in the end, I gotta believe, at least right now, | 可惜最终 我觉得至少目前看来 |
[1:35:48] | their chances of getting signed by a Major League club | 他们签约职棒球队的可能性 |
[1:35:50] | fall between slim and none. | 几乎没有 |
[1:35:53] | More on how they thought they did. Here’s Steve Levy. | 接下来连线史蒂夫·利维看看他们有何感受 |
[1:35:56] | Rinku, let’s start with you. After the way you pitched today, | 林库辛先问下你 你觉得今天的表现 |
[1:35:59] | do you feel like it was good enough to get signed? | 能够让你获得签约的机会吗 |
[1:36:03] | No, sir. | 不能 先生 |
[1:36:05] | Dinesh, what about you? | 迪尼斯 你觉得呢 |
[1:36:07] | No, sir. We did not pitch good. | 不 先生 我们表现的很差 |
[1:36:10] | Hang in there, fellas. Better times ahead. | 坚持住 伙计们 以后还有机会 |
[1:36:12] | Back to you in the studio. | 现场报道就是这些 |
[1:36:13] | Look, this is a good idea. | 这的确是个好主意 |
[1:36:15] | Someone from India is going to pitch in the big leagues, | 职棒联盟以后会有印度球员参加 |
[1:36:18] | but, Schill, not these guys and certainly not right now. | 但是希尔 时机还未成熟 |
[1:36:21] | This felt like a huge publicity stunt to me. | 在我看来这更像是一场炒作 |
[1:36:23] | I mean, these guys are not ready for a pro tryout. | 他们没有做好参加选拔的准备 |
[1:36:25] | They’re throwing the ball all over the place. | 他们只是把球满场乱扔 |
[1:36:27] | When you think about it, who can blame them? | 但转念一想 也不该责备他们 |
[1:36:29] | There’s scouts, there’s media everywhere… | 满场都是球探 媒体记者… |
[1:36:42] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[1:36:43] | God. I did not… | 天啊 我没… |
[1:36:46] | I did not see you there. | 我没看见你在那儿 |
[1:36:47] | Uh… Um, what was I right about? | 呃…我说对什么了 |
[1:36:52] | I’m a jerk. | 我是个混球 |
[1:36:55] | I’ve been one for a while now. | 最近一段时间都是 |
[1:36:59] | Maybe my whole life. | 或许一直都是 |
[1:37:02] | Um, yeah, I heard about today. I’m sorry. | 我听说今天的事了 抱歉 |
[1:37:05] | How did you hear? SportsCenter? | 你从哪儿听说的 电视上? |
[1:37:07] | No. Rinku texted me. | 不是 林库辛发短信给我了 |
[1:37:11] | – What did he say? – “We failed.” | – 他说什么 – “没戏了” |
[1:37:16] | I feel like I gave them this dream, | 我觉得自己像是给了他们希望 |
[1:37:21] | and then just took it away from them. | 然后又把希望从他们身边带走一样 |
[1:37:23] | So give it back to them, you know. Do another tryout. | 再还给他们就好了啊 再来一次选拔赛 |
[1:37:26] | That’s impossible. | 这是不可能的 |
[1:37:28] | The only reason I got this tryout | 我能得到这次机会唯一的原因 |
[1:37:30] | was because people were curious. | 就是人们有好奇心 |
[1:37:33] | It was a stunt. | 这是个噱头 |
[1:37:34] | Well, then maybe it is impossible. Maybe you’re right, | 也许是不可能的 也许你说的没错 |
[1:37:37] | but, then again, so was going to India | 但还是说 跑到印度去 |
[1:37:39] | and pulling two kids out of the sticks | 从乡下找来两个孩子把他们训练成棒球运动员 |
[1:37:40] | and turning them into baseball players. So, I don’t know. | 也挺不可思议的 谁说的准呢 |
[1:37:43] | Good night, JB. Gotta go to bed. | 晚安JB 该睡觉了 |
[1:38:15] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[1:38:18] | I need to have another tryout. | 我要再办一次选拔赛 |
[1:38:19] | – You will, next year. – No, I need to have another tryout | – 可以啊 明年 – 不 我要为林库辛和迪尼斯 |
[1:38:22] | with Rinku and Dinesh. | 再办一场选拔赛 |
[1:38:24] | I need to give them a real shot. | 我要给他们一个展示自我的机会 |
[1:38:26] | I cannot allow this. | 我不能让你这么做 |
[1:38:28] | Your boys failed, yes, but the contest did not. | 你选的人已经失败了 但这个项目没有 |
[1:38:31] | If it doesn’t work, it will ruin our relationship | 如果没有成效的话 会直接损害我们与 |
[1:38:33] | with Major League Baseball and the scouts. | 职棒联盟和球探之间的合作 |
[1:38:35] | It will jeopardize the future of our investment. | 我们所有的投资都会面临巨大的风险 |
[1:38:41] | I’m sorry. I have to do this, Mr. Chang. | 抱歉 但我必须这么做 张先生 |
[1:38:45] | If you do this, you do it without my support | 如果你要这么做 我不会同意 |
[1:38:48] | and without my future commitment. | 将来也不会再有合作的机会 |
[1:38:56] | I understand. | 我懂了 |
[1:39:00] | Good day, gentlemen. | 日安 先生们 |
[1:39:09] | And for the record, Mr. Chang, | 还是要说清楚 张先生 |
[1:39:12] | my boys didn’t fail. | 我的小伙子们没有失败 |
[1:39:14] | I did. | 是我失败了 |
[1:39:22] | Now you come clean. | 你终于肯承认了 |
[1:39:24] | JB Bernstein’s office calling for Mr. Epstein. | 这里是JB·伯恩斯坦办公室 请转接爱泼斯坦先生 |
[1:39:26] | I know we already did this one time. | 我知道这已经举办过一次了 |
[1:39:28] | Yeah, we’re gonna do it again. | 没错 我们想重新举办一次 |
[1:39:30] | Because they choked, all right? | 那是因为他们发挥不好 |
[1:39:32] | Yes, hey. How are you? No, I don’t wanna talk about Tempe. | 是我 嗨 还好吗? 不 我不想谈坦佩 |
[1:39:36] | Don’t talk to me about Tempe. | 不要和我提坦佩了 |
[1:39:37] | Tempe’s… Forget about Tempe, all right? | 坦佩.. 还是别提坦佩了 好吗? |
[1:39:39] | That is not… No, we are gonna do this again. | 那不是… 不 我们想重新举办一次 |
[1:39:41] | You had to see the potential. | 你一定要看看他们的实力 |
[1:39:42] | Hi. This is Theresa calling from JB Bernstein’s office | 你好 我是JB·伯恩斯坦办公室的特丽萨 |
[1:39:45] | for Mr. Rodriguez. | 我找罗德里格斯先生 |
[1:39:47] | Yep, it’s JB Bernstein. | 没错 我是JB·伯恩斯坦 |
[1:39:48] | Why are you giving me hard time? You wanna be there. | 为什么你不能帮个忙呢? 你肯定希望在场的 |
[1:39:50] | How about a billion new fans, with a “B”? | 十亿个穿着绣着”B”衣服的新球迷怎么样 ? |
[1:39:53] | Great. Well, thank you. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[1:39:56] | Okay. Bye-bye- | 好的 再见 |
[1:39:58] | Is anyone coming back? | 有人会来吗? |
[1:40:01] | We got one “maybe.” | 也许会来一个人 |
[1:40:04] | But 15 noes. | 但其余十五个不会出席 |
[1:40:06] | And I’m tapped. I mean, I don’t know what else to do, JB. | 我真的没辙了 我不知道还能做什么 JB |
[1:40:11] | I do. Come on. | 我知道 大家振作 |
[1:40:14] | Keep working the phones. | 继续打电话 |
[1:40:16] | We just need one. The rest’ll follow. | 找到一个带头人 其他人就会来了 |
[1:40:19] | – Where are you going? – Tempe. | – 你去哪儿? – 坦佩 |
[1:40:49] | Did we get any calls? | 有进展吗? |
[1:40:51] | No, no, me either. | 不 不 我这也没有 |
[1:40:53] | Striking out left, right and center. | 我跑遍了城市的各个地方 |
[1:40:56] | All right, well, let me know if you hear anything. | 好 如果你有任何消息 立即通知我 |
[1:40:58] | Yeah, fine. Bye. | 好 没问题 再见 |
[1:41:08] | – What the hell? – That’s agent for “hello,” isn’t it? | – 你干什么? – 谁让你没有给我打招呼 |
[1:41:11] | Hello, Ray. What are you doing here? | 嗨 雷 你在这儿做什么? |
[1:41:13] | What am I doing here? I live here. | 我在这儿做什么? 我就住这儿 |
[1:41:15] | Every scout in the country lives here. | 国内的所有球探都住这儿 |
[1:41:17] | Don’t you know anything about baseball? | 你了解棒球吗? |
[1:41:19] | Apparently I don’t. | 很显然我不了解 |
[1:41:21] | You know, you should have listened to House when I told you to. | 当初你就该听豪斯的话 |
[1:41:23] | Now everybody’s looking like a moron. | 现在可好 搞得人人像个傻瓜 |
[1:41:25] | All right, I’m sorry. I messed up, Ray. | 没错 我很抱歉 雷 我搞砸了一切 |
[1:41:27] | You know what? I don’t have time for this. | 听着 我现在没有时间了 |
[1:41:29] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[1:41:31] | – Start the car. – Why? Where are we going? | – 开车 – 为什么? 我们去哪里? |
[1:41:34] | Start the car! Head east. | 快开车! 朝东开 |
[1:41:47] | This is the best Chinese chicken salad | 这是整个美国大陆地区 |
[1:41:49] | in the continental United States. | 最棒的中式鸡沙拉 |
[1:41:51] | And the chef isn’t even Chinese. | 但厨师却不是中国人 |
[1:41:53] | Here. Taste a little bit of that. | 来 你也尝一些 |
[1:41:55] | – I don’t want any. – Well, you gotta try it. | – 我不想吃 – 不 你一定要试一下 |
[1:41:57] | Ray, come on, I don’t want any. | 雷 饶了我吧 我真的不想吃 |
[1:41:59] | – Just have a taste. – I don’t wanna taste it. | – 只吃一口 – 我没胃口 |
[1:42:01] | Look how he blends the lime juice | 他是怎样调配酸橙汁 |
[1:42:04] | with the toasted sesame oil | 炒麻油 |
[1:42:06] | and the crunchiness of the chicken. It’s really spectacular. | 和香脆鸡块的 真是太厉害了 |
[1:42:08] | Ray, look. I’m running out of time here. | 雷 听着 我快没时间了 |
[1:42:10] | – What are we doing? – Take it easy for a minute. | – 我们到底要干什么? – 再等一分钟 |
[1:42:13] | – Walter! – Hey! | – 沃尔特! – 嗨! |
[1:42:15] | – How you doing? – I’m good, Ray. How are you? | – 最近可好? – 我很好 雷 你呢? |
[1:42:17] | – Don’t you eat anywhere else? – Never. Absolutely not. | – 你现在还不去其他地方吃饭? – 从来没有 也绝对不会 |
[1:42:19] | – Say hello to Mr. Bernstein. – Hi. | – 这是伯恩斯坦先生 – 你好 |
[1:42:20] | – How do you do, Mr. Bernstein? – Nice to meet you. | – 你好 伯恩斯坦先生 – 很高兴认识你 |
[1:42:22] | So how was Puerto Rico? | 波多黎各的一切还好吗? |
[1:42:23] | I was there for three weeks. | 我在那儿待了三周 |
[1:42:26] | I’ll tell you about it later. | 我稍后告诉你 |
[1:42:27] | Yeah, I’d like to hear about it. Sit down, sit down for a minute. | 我倒是很想听一听 来 坐下 稍坐一会儿 |
[1:42:29] | – Join us for a minute. – Come on, Ray, I should get going. | – 和我们聊一会儿 – 雷 我真的该走了 |
[1:42:31] | Just for a minute. Take it easy. Sit down. | 就一会儿 放轻松 快坐下 |
[1:42:36] | You don’t know this guy? | 你不知道他是谁? |
[1:42:38] | No, I don’t know this guy. | 不知道 我不认识他 |
[1:42:41] | – You don’t know Walter? – I don’t know Walter. | – 你不认识沃尔特? – 不认识 |
[1:42:42] | You don’t know Walter Shapiro? | 你不认识沃尔特·夏丕罗? |
[1:42:45] | The head scout for the Pirates | 海盗队的首席球探 |
[1:42:49] | who was not here for your exhibition. | 至今还没有看过你们的表演 |
[1:42:54] | Oh, Walter Shapiro. | 噢 沃尔特·夏丕罗 |
[1:42:55] | – Yes! – Oh, hi. | – 是的! – 哦 你好 |
[1:42:59] | And now you know him and he doesn’t know you. | 现在你认识他了 他还不认识你 |
[1:43:03] | What a stroke of luck. | 你真是鸿运当头 |
[1:43:05] | Thanks for lunch. | 谢谢你的午餐 |
[1:43:10] | Thank you, Ray. | 谢谢你 雷 |
[1:43:15] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[1:43:18] | Hey! Hello? | 嗨! 有人吗? |
[1:43:26] | Amit? | 阿米特? |
[1:43:41] | What the hell? | 这是什么? |
[1:44:06] | – Welcome to India, JB sir. – What’s this? | – 欢迎来到印度 JB先生 – 这是唱的哪一出? |
[1:44:09] | Please have a seat for your date. | 请就座 好好享受你的约会 |
[1:44:12] | My date? | 我的约会? |
[1:44:16] | Ms. Brenda. | 布伦达小姐 |
[1:44:33] | Wow. | 哇喔 |
[1:44:40] | That is a very, very nice look on you, Ms. Brenda. | 你今天穿的真漂亮 布伦达 |
[1:44:42] | Why, thank you, Mr. JB sir. | 是吗 谢谢 JB先生 |
[1:44:45] | Madam. | 女士 请 |
[1:44:46] | – Please, sir. – Today we have some delicious | – 先生 请 – 今天我们准备了一些美味的 |
[1:44:50] | lamb tikka masala, | 印度咖喱羊肉 |
[1:44:52] | uh, some vegetable curry, here… | 嗯 蔬菜咖喱 还有… |
[1:44:57] | …rice, and some naan and poppadum. | …米饭 烤饼和杂豆薄饼 |
[1:44:59] | Where did all this come from? | 这些是从哪里弄的? |
[1:45:01] | They cooked it. | 他们自己做的 |
[1:45:02] | Hold on a minute, you guys know how to cook? | 等等 你们这帮家伙会做饭? |
[1:45:04] | Yes, JB sir. Little bit. | 是的 JB先生 一点点 |
[1:45:06] | But… | 但… |
[1:45:08] | Ms. Brenda did all the cutting. | 所有的菜都是布伦达小姐切的 |
[1:45:09] | – That’s true. – Good. | – 没错 – 很好 |
[1:45:11] | I made sure of it. | 我倾尽全力了 |
[1:45:13] | We are trying to thank you with this meal. | 我们想用这顿饭来感谢您 |
[1:45:16] | And we also wanted to say | 并想对您说 |
[1:45:19] | that we are very, very sorry, sir, | 先生 我们很抱歉 |
[1:45:22] | because we are letting you down at the tryouts. | 在预赛上让您失望了 |
[1:45:25] | We can never repay what you’ve given us, JB sir. | 我们永远报答不了您对我们的恩惠 JB先生 |
[1:45:28] | Repay me? Guys, come on. | 报答我? 伙计们 别这样 |
[1:45:30] | What are you talking about? | 我都不知道你们在说什么? |
[1:45:32] | Okay, we all are here together, | 好了 现在人都齐了 |
[1:45:34] | so let’s thank God and let’s do a prayer. | 让我们一起感谢上帝 做祷告吧 |
[1:45:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:45:51] | – Sorry. – JB. | – 不好意思 – JB |
[1:45:52] | I have to take this. It’s Aash. | 我一定得接 是安什打来的 |
[1:45:53] | – Really? Now? – I’m sorry. | – 真的吗? 现在? – 对不起 |
[1:45:55] | – Hey. – JB sir… | – 嗨 – JB先生… |
[1:45:57] | Yeah, I’m sorry. I’m in the middle of a | 是的 抱歉 我现在 |
[1:46:01] | prayer right now. | 现在就祷告吧 |
[1:46:02] | But, uh, I wanted to let you know | 但 我想告诉你 |
[1:46:04] | we got the second tryout from MLB. | 我们已经从棒球联盟争取到了第二次预赛的机会 |
[1:46:07] | Yeah, it’s gonna be in two weeks at USC. | 是的 两周后在南加州大学进行 |
[1:46:10] | So get ready. All right, I’ll call you later and fill you in. | 所以做好准备 好 我稍后打给你再告诉你详情 |
[1:46:14] | Yeah, bye. Sorry. Where were you? | 好 再见 不好意思 你们还好吗? |
[1:46:16] | We were praying? | 我们继续祈祷? |
[1:46:19] | Are you messing with us, dude? | 你是在逗我们吗 老兄? |
[1:46:20] | No, I’m not messing with you. You got a second tryout. | 不 我没有逗你们 你们又获得了一次预赛的机会 |
[1:46:22] | All right. So start stretching. | 所以明天开始准备练习 |
[1:46:25] | Whoo! Whoo! | 喔!喔! |
[1:46:28] | But this time, we’re gonna do it a little different. | 但这次 我们要有所改变 |
[1:46:29] | Yes. We’re gonna pitch good. | 是的 我们会好好投球 |
[1:46:31] | Ideally you will pitch better, | 我相信你们会投的更好 |
[1:46:32] | yes, but this time, guys, I… | 没错 但这次 伙计们 我… |
[1:46:35] | I just want you to have fun. | 我只想让你们好好享受其中的乐趣 |
[1:46:36] | – Yes, sir. – Okay? | – 会的 先生 – 答应我? |
[1:46:38] | Last time we did this, it was all business and that was my fault. | 上一次我们纯出于商业目的而比赛 完全是我的错 |
[1:46:47] | But baseball shouldn’t be just about business, okay? | 但是棒球不能基于生意之上 好吗? |
[1:46:51] | You should have fun. | 你们应好好享受 |
[1:46:56] | How are you not writing this down? | 你怎么不把这些话记下来? |
[1:46:58] | Oh, yes, I need to write that. Noted, JB sir. | 噢 是 我需要记下来 记下来了 JB先生 |
[1:47:01] | And listen to me, guys, no matter what happens, | 听我说 伙计们 无论结果如何 |
[1:47:04] | I want you to know that you could never, ever | 你们必须明白 你们绝不会 也从没有 |
[1:47:08] | let me down. | 让我失望 |
[1:47:09] | Okay? I have never been more proud | 听清楚了吗? 你们是我人生中 |
[1:47:12] | of anyone in my entire life. | 最大的骄傲 |
[1:47:15] | So I wanna thank you. | 所以要说谢谢的人是我 |
[1:47:20] | I really love you guys. | 我爱你们 伙计们 |
[1:47:32] | I’m hungry- | 我肚子饿了 |
[1:47:35] | – We should eat. – We should. Beautiful food. | – 该吃饭了 – 吃饭 这些菜看起来真诱人 |
[1:47:39] | Ms. Brenda, would you mind if they joined us on our date? | 布伦达小姐 你介意他们加入我们的约会吗? |
[1:47:42] | I wouldn’t have it any other way. | 我好像没得选 |
[1:47:44] | – Get some chairs, guys. – No, no, no… | – 大家搬些椅子过来 – 不 不… |
[1:47:46] | Amit, Amit, pull up a chair. Come on, it’s fine. | 阿米特 阿米特 再搬一把椅子 尝一下 没关系的 |
[1:47:48] | Sir, Indian food… Indian food is the best food, sir. | 先生 印度菜… 印度菜是全世界最好吃的菜 |
[1:47:52] | – Wait. Wait. Take your plate. – I’ll try everything. | – 等等 等等 这是你的碟子 – 我要品尝每一道菜 |
[1:48:51] | Not as many as last time. | 不如上次来的人多 |
[1:48:52] | Who cares? There’s enough. | 管他呢? 这些就够了 |
[1:48:55] | Well, this is a little more like it. | 看着场面还不错 |
[1:48:57] | – Hello, Ray, Tom. – JB. | – 嗨 雷 汤姆 – JB |
[1:49:01] | Good job getting this together. | 聚了这么多人已经很不错了 |
[1:49:03] | It couldn’t have been easy. | 你肯定做了不少工作 |
[1:49:04] | It was highly improbable. | 这本来是件不太可能的事情 |
[1:49:07] | But we managed to do it. | 最终我们做到了 |
[1:49:08] | I should’ve listened to you the first time. | 我应该早听你的话 |
[1:49:10] | Oh, you think? | 噢 你真的这样想? |
[1:49:13] | – Sorry about that. – Forget it. Live and learn. | – 我很抱歉 – 没关系 活到老学到老 |
[1:49:16] | – You nervous? – I can barely breathe. | – 你很紧张? – 紧张的喘不过气来 |
[1:49:18] | Well, then it’s probably not the best time | 看来 我不该现在 |
[1:49:19] | to let you know that Chang is here. | 告诉你张先生也来了 |
[1:49:22] | – What? Really? – Yeah. Five o’clock. | – 你说什么? 真的? – 没错 五点钟就来了 |
[1:49:29] | I really don’t feel good. | 这感觉真不妙 |
[1:49:30] | Well, you’re in luck. Here comes the doctor. | 你真走运 医生也来了 |
[1:49:38] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[1:49:39] | Hi. Wow. You made it. | 嗨 哇喔 你成功了 |
[1:49:40] | Of course. I wouldn’t miss it for the world. | 当然了 我可不会错过这么精彩的时刻 |
[1:49:43] | Are you kidding me? But I’m so nervous right now, it’s hard to breathe. | 你在跟我开玩笑吗? 我现在紧张的要命 快呼吸不过来了 |
[1:49:45] | – Yeah, I know. I have the same… – Are you feeling that? | – 是的 我了解 我也… – 你也有这种感觉吗? |
[1:49:50] | I think I really like you, Ms. Brenda. | 布伦达小姐 我想我真的喜欢你 |
[1:49:54] | I really like you, too, Mr. JB sir. | JB先生 我也真的喜欢你 |
[1:49:57] | Look, this is all very touching, | 打扰一下 你们现在的确很感人 |
[1:49:58] | but we have to get this show on the road. | 但我们现在要准备比赛的事情了 |
[1:50:02] | JB, you might wanna talk to your boys. | JB 你或许想跟你的队员交流一下 |
[1:50:03] | They’re looking a little shaky. | 他们看起来有些不自信 |
[1:50:07] | No. You know what? I want Amit to do it. | 不 我打算让阿米特去 |
[1:50:09] | – Me? – Yeah. | – 我? – 没错 |
[1:50:10] | You wanted to be a coach. Go coach. | 你不是想成为一名教练吗 现在去吧 教练 |
[1:50:15] | – Okay. – No, no, no. Give me that. Give me that. | – 好 – 不 不 不 把文稿给我 给我 |
[1:50:17] | Give me that. | 给我文稿 |
[1:50:20] | Go talk to ’em. | 去和他们谈谈 |
[1:50:22] | Fire ’em up. | 振奋他们的士气 |
[1:50:32] | Go get ’em. | 去找他们 |
[1:50:50] | Ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[1:51:06] | All my life I wanted to be a baseball player. | 我一生都想成为一名棒球运动员 |
[1:51:13] | It’s a great sport. | 这是一项伟大的运动 |
[1:51:19] | But I never dreamed it was possible. | 但我从不敢奢求它会成真 |
[1:51:26] | You, Rinku, you, Dinesh, | 你 林库辛 还有你 迪尼斯 |
[1:51:29] | you are baseball players now. | 现在你们都是棒球运动员了 |
[1:51:32] | Real baseball players. | 真正的棒球运动员 |
[1:51:35] | Now small boys in India, | 现在印度的小孩子们 |
[1:51:39] | they can dream to become like you. | 他们可能梦想着成为像你们一样的人 |
[1:51:46] | So, let’s go. | 所以 加油 |
[1:51:49] | Let’s go and let’s make | 我们一起加油 |
[1:51:51] | JB, Ray, Brenda, Tom, | 让JB 雷 布伦达 汤姆 还有我们的家人 |
[1:51:55] | our families, proud, huh? | 为我们骄傲 好吗? |
[1:52:01] | Are you with me? | 和我一起? |
[1:52:08] | “India” on three. | 让我们大喊”印度” 我数三下 |
[1:52:10] | One, | 一 |
[1:52:12] | two, | 二 |
[1:52:14] | three. | 三 |
[1:52:15] | India! | 印度! |
[1:52:22] | Hey, brothers, | 嘿 兄弟们 |
[1:52:23] | I’m seeing my dream in both of you. | 我把我的梦想寄托在你们身上了 |
[1:52:27] | Your victory, my victory. | 你们的胜利就是我的胜利 |
[1:52:29] | Rock it, brother. | 竭尽全力 兄弟们 |
[1:52:47] | Who knew? | 谁知道呢? |
[1:53:24] | What’s he doing now? | 他在干什么? |
[1:53:28] | He’s having fun. | 他在享受快乐 |
[1:54:12] | – That sounds like… – Juice! | – 那听起来像… – 果汁! |
[1:54:15] | Ooh. | 喔 |
[1:54:21] | Ninety-three. | 九十三分 |
[1:54:22] | Yes! Yes! | 耶! 耶! |
[1:54:26] | Yes! | 耶! |
[1:54:28] | Yes, yes! | 耶 耶! |
[1:55:01] | Yes! | 耶! |
[1:55:15] | What do you know about Pittsburgh Pirates? Anything? | 你们知道匹兹堡海盗队吗? 任何事? |
[1:55:20] | Well, they’re your new team. | 不久你们将成为其中一员 |
[1:55:21] | You now have been offered | 匹兹堡海盗队已经向 |
[1:55:24] | a contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates. | 你们发出了签约邀请 |