时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | I booked you at the Sex Stop. | 我在性之站给你预定了一次见面会 |
[00:01] | It’s a classy sex store. | 那是一家高档性用品商店 |
[00:02] | They sell books and flavored condoms. | 他们卖一些书和有香味的安全套 |
[00:04] | Previously on “Mistresses”… | 《春心荡漾》前情回顾 |
[00:06] | I decided to partner with Jonathan | 我决定和乔纳森 |
[00:07] | on the hotel-restaurant. | 合伙开酒店餐厅了 |
[00:09] | Your little party-planning thing is now a real P.R. business. | 你的派对策划发展成真正的公关业务了 |
[00:12] | She’s right. It’s impressive. | 她说得对 很让人佩服 |
[00:13] | I feel a little lost. | 我最近有些迷茫 |
[00:15] | I could actually use some help here in the store. | 我店里正好需要人来帮忙 |
[00:17] | I think Michael’s gonna love my design. | 我想迈克尔一定会很喜欢我的设计 |
[00:19] | Michael, Michael, Michael. | 迈克尔 迈克尔 迈克尔 |
[00:20] | Must be a pretty important man | 你在我们的卧室里提他的名字 |
[00:22] | for his name to make it into our bedroom. | 说明他是个重要人物啊 |
[00:27] | You really need to go, Michael. Now. | 迈克尔 你真的得走了 |
[00:35] | So, I was researching preschools online the other day. | 我前几天一直在网上搜幼儿园的信息 |
[00:38] | I know it’s early, | 我知道有点早 |
[00:39] | but I’ve heard these things get competitive. | 可我听说竞争挺激烈的 |
[00:40] | Anyway, I noticed a lot of the schools | 我注意到很多幼儿园 |
[00:43] | are teaching mindfulness to children, | 在培养孩子的专注力 |
[00:45] | which is fascinating, right? | 这很赞 对吧 |
[00:46] | Well, are you telling personal stories, | 你是在说你自己的事 |
[00:48] | or is this part of the pitch? | 还是说这是话题一部分 |
[00:49] | Part of the pitch. | 是话题的一部分 |
[00:50] | So, I thought maybe there’s a way | 所以我想或许也可以 |
[00:52] | to apply that same concept to the physical relationship. | 把这个概念运用到两性关系上 |
[00:55] | Sort of an extension of the whole Tantric Sex craze | 算是对唐乐可养性健身术的一种延伸 |
[00:58] | which was so big in the late ’90s. | 在九十年代后期很火 |
[00:59] | Wait, wait, hey, sweetie. | 等等 等等 亲爱的 |
[01:00] | I hate to stop you, | 我也不想打断你 |
[01:02] | but if you don’t see that capitalizing | 可如果你觉得利用九十年代后期 |
[01:04] | on a craze from the late ’90s is a problem, | 流行的东西没问题的话 |
[01:07] | then we’ve got a problem. | 那我们就有问题了 |
[01:09] | It was just one idea. | 我只是有这么个想法 |
[01:11] | Truthfully, it’s not even my favorite. | 说实话 这都不是我最喜欢的 |
[01:13] | Well, good. Pitch me your favorite. | 很好 说一下你最喜欢的 |
[01:15] | Okay, I thought for my second book, | 好的 我考虑了一下我的第二本书 |
[01:17] | I could move away from the topic of sex altogether. | 我可以完全不写性相关的东西 |
[01:20] | Better to not be pigeonholed, right? | 最好别被打上标签 是吧 |
[01:22] | Well, no one’s trying to pigeonhole you. | 没人给你打标签 |
[01:25] | I am trying to brand you. | 我是在把你包装成品牌 |
[01:27] | You’re a sex therapist, Karen. | 你是一名性治疗师 凯伦 |
[01:29] | Get onboard that party train. | 你得沿着这个轨道走 |
[01:33] | I want 10 new proposals next week. Can do? | 下周我希望有十个新方案 行吗 |
[01:37] | – Can do. – Fantasmic. | -行的 -太好了 |
[01:39] | In the meantime, I got you a spot on “LoveChat.” | 还有 我帮你约好上爱私语了 |
[01:42] | Huge podcast. | 很火的播客 |
[01:43] | The host, Jason Hughes, | 那个主播 杰森·休斯 |
[01:44] | is about to be bigger than Marc Maron. | 很快就要比马克·马龙还火了 |
[01:48] | You don’t know who Marc Maron is? | 你不知道马克·马龙是谁 |
[01:49] | Honestly, I’m not sure I know what a podcast is. | 说实话 我都不知道播客是什么 |
[01:55] | I’m kidding! | 我开玩笑的 |
[01:56] | I know what they are. | 我知道是什么 |
[01:57] | Just haven’t figured out how to listen to them. | 只是不知道怎么去听 |
[02:00] | Well, figure it out. | 赶快去学 |
[02:02] | You’re gonna want to be prepped before going in. | 开始前你最好做好准备 |
[02:04] | Jason Hughes is a client of mine and a bit of a shock jock, | 杰森·休斯是我的一个客户 伶牙俐齿 |
[02:07] | so you got to know how to roll with the punches. | 所以你最好要知道怎么应对 |
[02:09] | I can roll. | 我很会应对 |
[02:13] | I-I won’t do that again. | 我不会再这样了 |
[02:14] | Yeah, I-I think that would be best. | 是的 我想也是 |
[02:17] | Wine, wine. | 再添点酒 |
[02:20] | Now, I don’t recommend you trying the flower right away, | 我不太建议你现在就学拉花 |
[02:23] | but once you get used to the machine, | 等你学会用机器后 |
[02:25] | I can teach you how to make a heart. | 我可以教你怎么拉出心形 |
[02:26] | It’s absolutely gorgeous. | 太漂亮了 |
[02:28] | Honestly, Randy, you’re an artist. | 真的 兰迪 你是个艺术家 |
[02:31] | Why, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:32] | It tastes even better than it looks. | 喝起来味道更好 |
[02:38] | Delicious. | 很好喝 |
[02:40] | How do you do it? | 你怎么做出来的 |
[02:44] | So, that was a rhetorical question? | 这是个反问句吗 |
[02:45] | So, I’ve decided I don’t see the point | 我觉得没必要告诉马克 |
[02:48] | in telling Marc about the kiss. | 我被别人亲了 |
[02:49] | What good will it do? | 有什么好处呢 |
[02:51] | Well, it’s not so much about doing good | 并不是说为了什么好处 |
[02:52] | as it is about preventing a bad. | 而是为了防止坏处 |
[02:54] | If you don’t tell him, he’s gonna find out. | 如果你不告诉他 他总会知道的 |
[02:55] | I’m with Joss. | 我同意乔斯 |
[02:56] | Honesty is always the best policy. | 永远都要坦诚相待 |
[02:58] | Do you even know what we’re talking about? | 你知道我们在谈什么吗 |
[02:59] | Not yet, but I’ll catch up. | 还不知道 不过我会听明白的 |
[03:01] | Well, I agree with April. | 我跟艾普莉看法一样 |
[03:02] | There’s no reason to tell Marc if it’s only gonna upset him, | 如果告诉马克只会让他生气 那就不必了 |
[03:06] | especially if it’s not something that will ever happen again. | 更何况这种事不会再发生了 |
[03:09] | Do you think it will ever happen again? | 你觉得还会再发生吗 |
[03:10] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不会 |
[03:11] | Because it shouldn’t or because you don’t want it to? | 是不应该发生还是你不想 |
[03:14] | – Both. – Then forget about it. | -都有 -那就别管了 |
[03:15] | Why start trouble where there is none? | 为什么非要没事找事呢 |
[03:18] | She makes a good point. | 她说得有道理 |
[03:19] | Wha– I thought you just said honesty was the best policy. | 你刚才不是还说要坦诚相待吗 |
[03:22] | A glib idiom that glosses over the complexities | 一句习语胜过你的 |
[03:25] | of the human experience. | 所有经验 |
[03:30] | Did she just call me an idiot? | 她刚才是叫我笨蛋吗 |
[03:31] | “Idiom.” | “习语” |
[03:32] | An expression that cannot be understood | 是指很难从字面上 |
[03:35] | from the meanings of its separate words | 理解它的含义 |
[03:37] | but that has a separate meaning of its own. | 但本身又有自己的意义 |
[03:39] | Although in this particular case, | 不过我们所说的这个 |
[03:41] | the meaning isn’t really obscured, so — | 它的含义并不是太混乱 |
[03:45] | What the hell is she talking about? | 她在说什么啊 |
[03:46] | I have no idea. Karen. Earth to Karen. | 完全不知所云 凯伦 回神了 |
[03:49] | Hi there. Welcome back. Where’d you go, pretty lady? | 这儿呢 欢迎回来 美女神游到哪儿去了 |
[03:51] | Oh, I’m just working out some talking points | 我在为明天的播客节目 |
[03:54] | for this podcast I’m gonna be on. | 想一些论点 |
[03:56] | Love-something. | 叫爱什么什么的 |
[03:57] | – No. “LoveChat”? – Yes. | -不是吧 爱私语吗 -是的 |
[03:59] | Barbara got you on “LoveChat”? That’s fantastic. | 芭芭拉让你上”爱私语了” 太棒了 |
[04:01] | – Is it? – Yeah. | -是吗 -当然 |
[04:03] | Well, it will be if you don’t do | 如果你别像刚刚那样 |
[04:04] | any of that weird stuff you just did. | 神神叨叨的 那就太棒了 |
[04:06] | – Speak intelligently? – No, you just — | -我说得不好吗 -你刚才… |
[04:08] | you can’t go in there over prepared, | 别准备过头了 |
[04:10] | especially not with a guy like Jason Hughes. | 而且面对的还是杰森·休斯 |
[04:11] | He’s super off the cuff. | 他是个特别随性的人 |
[04:13] | You know who Jason Hughes is? | 你认识杰森·休斯 |
[04:14] | Of course I do. I’m a publicist. | 当然 我可是搞公关的 |
[04:16] | It’s my job to know every minor celebrity | 我的工作就是去了解每一个 |
[04:17] | who thinks they’re a major celebrity | 自以为能出大名的小明星 |
[04:18] | in case, you know, one day they actually | 以防某天他们真的 |
[04:20] | become a major celebrity. | 成了大明星 |
[04:22] | You remember when Leonardo DiCaprio was on “Growing Pains”? | 你还记得《成长的烦恼》时期的小李子吗 |
[04:25] | – No. – No. | -不记得 -不记得 |
[04:27] | Well, I do, and I was 6. | 我记得 我那会儿才六岁 |
[04:28] | Leonardo DiCaprio. | 李奥纳多·迪卡普里奥吗 |
[04:30] | He’s a beaut, isn’t he? | 真帅 不是吗 |
[04:32] | And single again. | 现在又单身 |
[04:33] | Anyone know where I might be able to meet him? | 有人知道上哪儿能见到他吗 |
[04:41] | This place is phenomenal. | 这地方真有情调 |
[04:43] | I can’t belive we’ve never been here before. | 不敢相信我们之前竟然没来这里 |
[04:45] | Oh, well, you have to be invited to join, right? | 受邀请才能加入 是吧 |
[04:47] | Yeah, but I can get you in if you want. | 是的 不过你想来我可以帮你 |
[04:51] | No, I wasn’t saying that. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[04:52] | Please. He loves it. | 拜托 他就爱干这个 |
[04:57] | How’s the new house? | 新房子怎么样 |
[04:58] | Are you all settled in? | 都安顿好了吗 |
[04:59] | Yeah, pretty much. The place is great. | 差不多了 地方很好 |
[05:01] | – Traffic is a bloody nightmare. – Oh, okay. | -虽然交通一塌糊涂 -好了 |
[05:03] | You’re up in the hills, right? | 你们住在山上 是吗 |
[05:05] | Yes, there’s one way in, there’s one way out, | 是的 进出只有一条路 |
[05:06] | but look, I’m not complaining. | 但我就不抱怨 |
[05:07] | I’m complaining, but I’m a bit of a curmudgeon. | 我要抱怨 我脾气有点不好 |
[05:09] | – A bit? A bit? – Okay. | -就一点吗 -好吧 |
[05:13] | So, Josslyn, when are you coming down to the site? | 乔斯琳 你什么时候去酒店看看 |
[05:16] | I’m dying to see it. | 我等不及想看了 |
[05:17] | When do you think the opening might be? | 什么时候开业 |
[05:19] | At least six months, probably closer to a year. | 至少要半年 有可能要一年 |
[05:23] | Are you guys doing anything now | 你们现在有没有在哈利的 |
[05:24] | to capitalize on Harry’s TV momentum? | 电视节目上做文章 |
[05:26] | I’m just– it seems like a wasted opportunity, | 我就有话直说了 |
[05:28] | if you don’t mind me saying. | 浪费这个机会太可惜了 |
[05:29] | Spoken like a true publicist. | 果然是做公关的 |
[05:31] | – Well, one of the best. – Okay. | -我是业界最棒的 -好吧 |
[05:33] | You know what, we don’t have to talk shop tonight. | 今晚就别提你的工作了 |
[05:34] | – Let’s just — – She makes a good point. | -我们就… -她说的有道理 |
[05:36] | Eight months from now, they probably won’t be | 再过八个月 哈利的广告机会 |
[05:38] | running as many ads with Harry’s face all over it. | 可能就不会像现在这么多了 |
[05:40] | Thank you. That’s exactly what I’m thinking. | 谢谢 我就是这个意思 |
[05:42] | I think it would be really worthwhile | 我觉得趁着他现在炙手可热 |
[05:44] | to build in some publicity opportunities while he’s hot. | 再加大宣传是很值得的 |
[05:46] | Yeah, but I was told it’s better | 没错 但我听说 |
[05:48] | to do a media blitz right before the opening. | 在开业前加大媒体宣传更好 |
[05:51] | Right, that makes sense. | 是的 有道理 |
[05:52] | Yeah, that’s one way to go, you know. | 没错 这是一种办法 |
[05:54] | Save your money till it counts, | 把钱花在刀刃上 |
[05:55] | but there’s a whole other school of thought | 但如果尽早制造声势 |
[05:57] | that if you start the momentum early, | 也是不错的办法 |
[05:58] | as long as you keep it steady, | 只要热度能一直持续下去 |
[05:59] | it can be just as effective. | 会同样有效 |
[06:01] | It might cost a little more in the aggregate. | 可能总支出会有所增加 |
[06:03] | Money is not an issue. | 钱不是问题 |
[06:04] | That’s what I figured. | 我也是这么想的 |
[06:05] | What else did you have in mind? | 你还有什么想法 |
[06:06] | Well, a website should be up and running immediately. | 网站要尽快上线 并运营起来 |
[06:09] | You know, build that right away. | 立刻开始打造 |
[06:11] | We can link it into his show’s website, | 可以链接到他节目的网址 |
[06:12] | and then boom, we have an instant fan base, ultimately. | 然后粉丝团就建立起来了 |
[06:16] | Thanks for meeting me here last minute like this. | 谢谢你最后答应来见我 |
[06:18] | Of course. No problem. | 当然 没问题的 |
[06:20] | I know I said it was about the subway tiles, | 我说是关于地下瓷砖的事 |
[06:22] | but really, I wanted to apologize. | 但其实我是要和你道个歉 |
[06:24] | I feel terrible about what happened. | 之前的事我感觉很抱歉 |
[06:25] | We…don’t need to talk about it. Really, it’s okay. | 不必再提那天的事了 没事的 |
[06:28] | It’s not okay. | 有事 |
[06:29] | I’m really sorry, April. | 我真的很抱歉 艾普莉 |
[06:31] | Well… | 那… |
[06:33] | I accept your apology. | 我接受你的道歉了 |
[06:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:38] | I-I was drunk. | 我当时醉了 |
[06:39] | And upset about your divorce, | 还因为离婚的事很心烦 |
[06:40] | which is understandable. | 我能理解 |
[06:42] | Exactly. The timing was all wrong. | 是的 时机太不对了 |
[06:44] | Exactly! | 没错 |
[06:46] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[06:47] | I never should’ve kissed you in reaction | 我不应该因为特雷莎的事 |
[06:48] | to what was going on with Teresa. | 去亲你 |
[06:50] | If I could do it over again — | 如果能重来的话 |
[06:51] | But you can’t because I am in a relationship… | 不行的 我已经有男朋友了 |
[06:56] | a happy relationship. | 我很幸福 |
[06:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:02] | I should…go. | 我该走了 |
[07:06] | I’m sorry, April. I’m just confused. | 对不起 艾普莉 我有点糊涂了 |
[07:09] | I swear I felt a connection between us. | 我发誓我能感到我们心有灵犀 |
[07:11] | I wouldn’t have kissed you otherwise. | 不然我绝不会吻你的 |
[07:14] | But maybe it was just me. | 但是可能只是我单方面的 |
[07:16] | Was it just me? | 是我想多了吗 |
[07:17] | I am really grateful | 我真的很感谢 |
[07:18] | for the opportunity you gave me, Michael, | 你给我的工作机会 迈克尔 |
[07:19] | but I don’t think we should keep working together. | 但是我想我们不应该继续一起工作了 |
[07:22] | -April — – Good luck with everything. | -艾普莉 -祝你以后一切顺利 |
[07:40] | Is it me, or should we be getting naked right now? | 是我还是我们一起把衣服脱了 |
[07:43] | I’m a little tired. | 我有点累了 |
[07:45] | Come here. I’ll do all the work. | 过来 全都我来 |
[07:47] | You just lie there and you look pretty. | 你就躺着 只管帅就行 |
[07:54] | Why did you have to do that tonight? | 你为什么今晚一定要那样做 |
[07:57] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[07:58] | Pitch yourself to Jonathan like that. | 一直极力跟乔纳森推销你自己 |
[07:59] | It was so…undignified. | 显得特别没有尊严 |
[08:05] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[08:06] | Tonight was supposed to be fun, Joss. | 今天本来该是有趣的一晚 乔斯 |
[08:08] | Two couples getting to know each other, | 两对情侣互相了解 |
[08:09] | and instead, you turned it into this whole strategy meeting. | 但是你把今晚变成了一个决策会议了 |
[08:12] | What are you talk– I was | 你在说什么 我… |
[08:14] | talking about you, Harry, and your restaurant. | 一直在谈你 哈利 还有你的餐厅 |
[08:16] | And how you wanted to be the publicist. | 还有你多想成为我们的公关 |
[08:18] | You have to admit it was a little awkward. | 你得承认那确实有点尴尬 |
[08:22] | Actually, it was a lot awkward. | 事实上 是非常尴尬 |
[08:24] | I was trying to be nice, but — | 我本来想说得委婉点 但是 |
[08:26] | Because I shouldn’t have to pitch myself, Harry. | 因为我本来不需要推销自己的 哈利 |
[08:28] | You should’ve offered me the job anyway, | 你应该不管怎样都让我当公关的 |
[08:30] | unless you think I’m not a good publicist. | 除非你觉得我不是个好公关 |
[08:32] | I think you’re a great publicist. | 我觉得你是个非常棒的公关 |
[08:33] | I just…I don’t want to work together. | 我只是… 我不想和你一起工作 |
[08:40] | So, you’ve actually — | 所以你其实 |
[08:41] | you’ve actually thought this all out. | 你其实早就想明白了 |
[08:43] | I have. I even did some research, | 对 我连调查都做了 |
[08:44] | and couples who work together fight more often. | 一起工作的情侣更容易吵架 |
[08:46] | -It’s statistically proven. – Oh, my God. | -有数据证明的 -天啊 |
[08:48] | All right, well, okay, don’t worry about the statistics. | 好 那么 你别管数据 |
[08:50] | We’ve worked together before, right? | 我们以前一起工作过 对吧 |
[08:52] | There was a lot of drama, a lot of tears. | 那时候有太多狗血情况 眼泪也不少 |
[08:54] | Yeah, but did it ever occur to you | 是 但是你有没有想过 |
[08:56] | to maybe talk this whole thing over with me | 在你做决定之前 |
[08:59] | before you just made a decision? | 先跟我商量商量 |
[09:00] | I figured, since you hadn’t brought it up, | 我以为你既然没提这事 |
[09:01] | that maybe we were on the same page. | 就表示我们想法一致呢 |
[09:03] | You were wrong. | 那你就想错了 |
[09:04] | See this? We’re fighting already. | 看见了吗 我们已经开始吵架了 |
[09:12] | And this is the bedroom. | 这里是卧室 |
[09:17] | This is where he does his podcast? | 这就是他做播客的地方吗 |
[09:20] | Something about the acoustics. | 因为音响的问题 |
[09:21] | And it freaks people out. | 把人都吓跑了 |
[09:25] | Karen Kim? Jason Hughes. Pleasure to meet you. | 凯伦·金 杰森·休斯 很高兴见你 |
[09:27] | Thank you for having me in your…room. | 谢谢你邀请我来… 你的房间 |
[09:29] | It’s a little unorthodox, | 是有点怪异 |
[09:30] | but it keeps people on their toes. | 但是能让人们保持警惕 |
[09:32] | I like authenticity, | 我喜欢真实 |
[09:33] | which is why I straight-up loved your book. | 这也是为什么我这么喜欢你的书 |
[09:36] | What a ride, man. | 简直太棒了 姐妹儿 |
[09:37] | Thanks. That’s — | 谢谢 真的 |
[09:38] | Save it for the show. That’s how we keep it real. | 留着节目上说 这样我们能保持真实 |
[09:41] | Let’s dive in. | 咱们开始吧 |
[09:50] | What’s up, lovers? | 大家怎么样 我的爱人们 |
[09:51] | You’re not gonna believe who I’m sitting across from right now. | 你们不会相信我对面现在坐着谁 |
[09:55] | She’s shy. | 她有点害羞 |
[09:56] | Don’t be shy. | 别害羞 |
[09:57] | Hi. I’m Karen Kim. | 大家好 我是凯伦·金 |
[09:59] | Karen Kim! | 凯伦·金 |
[10:00] | Author of the memoir “Unleashed.” | 回忆录《释放》的作者 |
[10:01] | Is memoir the right word? | 可以称为回忆录吗 |
[10:03] | Somewhat. | 差不多吧 |
[10:03] | Whatever it is, it is full-blown madness, my friends. | 随便吧 这是本完全疯狂的书 朋友 |
[10:06] | You thought you had a decent sex life, think again, | 你觉得你有不错的性生活 再想想 |
[10:08] | because Ms. Kim is here to make you feel like a damn virgin. | 因为金小姐在这里让你觉得你还是个雏 |
[10:10] | And I don’t care how many sluts you banged. | 我不管你上过多少个荡妇 |
[10:12] | Yeah, I’m talking to you, Sheila. | 是的 说的就是你 茜拉 |
[10:16] | How fun is she? | 她可真逗 |
[10:17] | Karen Kim, my first question is this. | 凯伦·金 第一个问题是 |
[10:19] | When you sat down to write this epic, | 当你坐下开始写这部巨作的时候 |
[10:21] | was the intention to set back the women’s movement 100 years, | 你让女权运动倒退了一百年 |
[10:24] | or was that just a happy coincidence? | 这是你的本意 还是只是一个愉快的巧合 |
[10:27] | – Excuse me? – You must have realized that in success, | -什么 -你肯定已经意识到之后 |
[10:28] | you were basically creating a zombie tribe of whores | 你基本上是创造了一个荡妇僵尸部落 |
[10:31] | who will spread their legs for any Tom, | 里面的女人会张开双腿迎接张三 |
[10:33] | Dick, and hooker-loving Harry. | 李四 和爱妓女的王二麻子 |
[10:34] | Not that I don’t appreciate you keeping the bar low. | 不是说我不喜欢你写的下流故事 |
[10:36] | – I don’t think — – but you’re one of those edumacated lady folks | -我不… -但你是一名受过教育的女性 |
[10:38] | with all kinds of fancy degrees, | 有一堆华丽丽的学位 |
[10:40] | so I just assumed you wouldn’t bother | 所以我想你是不想再去 |
[10:41] | promoting that tired cliché that women can have it all. | 宣传那些关于女人拥有一切的陈词滥调 |
[10:45] | Orgasms and babies and power, oh, my! | 高潮 宝宝 力量 天啊 |
[10:47] | Because we all know that when you try to have everything, | 因为我们都知道当你想得到一切的时候 |
[10:50] | you wind up with nothing, am I right? | 你其实什么都得不到 我说的对吧 |
[10:52] | Glad we agree. | 真高兴我们想法一致 |
[10:53] | Now, let’s get back to your mission | 现在我们再来说说你 |
[10:54] | to reduce women to their pinker parts. | 减少女性权利的任务吧 |
[10:56] | So, what is your favorite sexual position? | 那么你最喜欢的姿势是什么 |
[11:03] | How was drop off? | 孩子送得怎么样 |
[11:05] | You know that kid from Lucy’s Instagram | 你知道露西在Ins上的那个 |
[11:07] | who’s definitely not her boyfriend? | 绝对不是她男朋友的孩子吗 |
[11:10] | No. | 不知道啊 |
[11:11] | Pretty sure they were holding hands | 我很确定他俩手拉手 |
[11:12] | when they walked into school. | 往学校里走 |
[11:14] | I thought I was the only one | 我以为我是唯一一个 |
[11:15] | freaking out over Lucy’s little love life. | 被露西的爱情生活惊到的人 |
[11:16] | I’m not freaking out, I’m jealous. | 我没有被惊到 我嫉妒 |
[11:18] | The kid’s getting more action than I am these days. | 那小子跟她比我和你这几天亲密多了 |
[11:21] | Although I feel like we might be able | 但是我觉得我们可以 |
[11:24] | to rectify that situation. | 来改善一下当前的状况 |
[11:26] | Say, now-ish? | 搞起 |
[11:28] | It’s 8:30 in the morning. | 现在是早上八点半 |
[11:30] | Yeah, and the house is empty. | 对啊 房子里没别人 |
[11:33] | Dishes are all done. Sofa’s well lit. | 盘子都洗好了 阳光照在沙发上 |
[11:39] | I got fired yesterday. | 我昨天被炒了 |
[11:42] | You what? You mean Michael? | 什么 迈克尔炒了你鱿鱼 |
[11:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:45] | What happened? I thought it was going so well. | 怎么回事 我以为你们进展顺利 |
[11:46] | Well, it was. | 之前是 |
[11:47] | But it was also turning into this full-time thing, you know? | 但这份工作逐渐变成全职的了 |
[11:51] | He wanted me to be on-call 24/7, | 他想让我随叫随到 |
[11:52] | and that’s just never gonna fit my lifestyle. | 这完全不符合我的生活习惯 |
[11:56] | Our lifestyle. | 我们的生活习惯 |
[11:58] | Like the other night, Michael wanted me to stay later | 比如那晚 迈克尔想让我加班 |
[12:00] | to go over all these rug options, | 重新选搭地毯 |
[12:02] | but I was not about to miss your first real gig, | 但当时你的首演马上就要开始 |
[12:05] | so I told him I couldn’t, you know, go, | 所以我拒绝了他 |
[12:06] | and it turned into an argument. | 然后我们就产生了矛盾 |
[12:08] | Yeah, see, now I feel this is my fault. | 你这么说让我感觉这是我的过错 |
[12:10] | It’s not. It is 100% not your fault. | 不是的 这完全不是你的错 |
[12:13] | It was my choice. | 离职是我的选择 |
[12:15] | I thought you said you got fired. | 你之前还说是被人炒掉了 |
[12:17] | That’s right. It was my choice to get fired. | 没错 是我主动选择被炒的 |
[12:23] | But you loved it so much. | 可你是那么热爱这份工作 |
[12:25] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[12:27] | I love you more. | 相比之下我更爱你 |
[12:33] | Sit, eat. | 坐那吃 |
[12:35] | Sorry, dove. Can’t be lollygagging about anymore. | 抱歉 亲爱的 时间紧迫不容虚度 |
[12:38] | I’m a working woman. | 我可是位职业女性 |
[12:39] | Just waiting for Harrison Ford | 等待着哈里森·福特 |
[12:40] | to buy me a lunch box and kiss me goodbye. | 给我包好午餐便当然后亲吻送别 |
[12:47] | This is why I wanted a sister. | 你要是个姐姐该多好 |
[12:55] | Okay, let me just start by saying | 首先我要声明 |
[12:57] | that I understand why you think it’s a bad idea | 我理解你认为我们俩 |
[12:59] | for the two of us to be working together, | 不能共事的原因 |
[13:00] | but if you just hear me out and you still feel the same way, | 但如果你听完我即将说的话还依然这么想的话 |
[13:03] | I will never bring it up again. | 我就再也不会提起这事 |
[13:04] | I’m listening. | 洗耳恭听 |
[13:09] | Number one — while you were correct | 第一 你说得没错 |
[13:11] | that during our previous working relationship, | 我们上次共事的过程中 |
[13:13] | there was a lot of fighting, | 的确发生过不少争执 |
[13:14] | I would argue that most of that fighting | 但我认为大多数的争执 |
[13:15] | was a result of the sexual tension building up between us. | 都是源于你我之间存在的性紧张 |
[13:19] | Now that we’re a couple, | 现在你我已是恋人 |
[13:20] | we can have sex whenever we want. | 做爱已经不再是限制 |
[13:21] | No more tension. | 也就没有紧张可言 |
[13:23] | It’s an interesting point. | 这观点很有趣 |
[13:26] | Number two. | 第二 |
[13:27] | Events by Josslyn was my first venture on my own. | 乔斯琳活动策划公司是我的首次创业 |
[13:29] | I was — I was young, I was naive, | 当年我还年轻 稚嫩 |
[13:31] | and I had no clue what I was doing. | 毫无头绪 |
[13:32] | I’ve grown up a lot since then. | 我现在已比那时成熟不少了 |
[13:34] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[13:36] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[13:37] | Great. | 太好了 |
[13:39] | Oh, right. Um wait. | 还有一点 |
[13:42] | Number three — unlike the last time we worked together, | 第三 与上次共事不同的是 |
[13:44] | this wouldn’t be a partnership. | 这次你我将不会是合作关系 |
[13:46] | Okay? I’d be working for you, | 懂吗 我将成为你的下属 |
[13:48] | and as my client, I would always defer to you, | 而且你是我的客户 我会永远遵从于你 |
[13:50] | unlike in our marriage where I’ll most likely | 然而我们结婚以后 |
[13:52] | always demand the last word. | 我很可能会要求掌权 |
[13:54] | Can’t argue with that. You win. | 完全同意 你赢了 |
[13:56] | No, Harry, I don’t want to win, okay? | 不 哈利 我并不想赢 |
[13:57] | I want you to want me. | 我要的是你需要我 |
[13:59] | I want you. I want you and so does Jonathan. | 我需要你 乔纳森也需要你 |
[14:03] | I talked it over with him after you went to bed last night, | 昨晚你睡着后 我跟他聊过了 |
[14:05] | and he agreed we should hire you. | 他觉得我们应该聘用你 |
[14:09] | Okay, if you keep making decisions about me without me | 如果你下次做决定再不跟我商量 |
[14:11] | we’re gonna have a problem, but not this decision. | 你就摊上事了 但这次例外 |
[14:13] | This is a great decision. | 这决定棒极了 |
[14:19] | Should we celebrate? | 要不要庆祝下 |
[14:35] | Can I help you? | 您好 |
[14:36] | yeah, you Michael? | 您好 你是迈克尔吗 |
[14:38] | Who’s asking? | 您是哪位 |
[14:38] | I’m Marc, April’s boyfriend. | 我是马克 艾普莉的男朋友 |
[14:43] | Is April with you? | 艾普莉也来了吗 |
[14:44] | Oh, no, no, no. She doesn’t even know that I’m here, | 没有 她不知道我来找你了 |
[14:45] | and I’d prefer to keep it that way if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话请不要告诉她我来过 |
[14:47] | Of course. | 好的 |
[14:49] | Thing is, I feel somewhat responsible | 我觉得 你们之间的不愉快 |
[14:52] | for what happened with you guys. | 责任在我 |
[14:54] | It’s nobody’s fault. | 不怪任何人 |
[14:55] | We shouldn’t be placing blame here. | 我们不要把责任推给任何人 |
[14:56] | Yeah, but now April’s really upset, | 但眼下艾普莉很不开心 |
[14:58] | which makes me really upset, | 她不开心 我也不开心 |
[15:00] | – and I just know that – Of course. | -我知道 -当然了 |
[15:01] | – if you give her a second chance, – I feel horrible | -如果你能再给她次机会 -对于发生的事 |
[15:02] | – she would crush this job for you. – about all this. | -她定会很好地完成工作的 -我感觉很糟 |
[15:03] | I never should’ve kissed her. | 我真不该亲她 |
[15:05] | Wait, what? | 什么 |
[15:08] | You… | 你… |
[15:11] | you kissed April? | 你亲了艾普莉 |
[15:12] | I thought that’s why you came all the way out here. | 我以为你就是为这事才来的 |
[15:30] | I was just about to start dinner. | 我刚要开始做晚饭 |
[15:33] | Lucy’s finishing her homework. | 露西做完作业了 |
[15:34] | And you kissed Michael. | 你亲了迈克尔 |
[15:39] | Marc. | 马克 |
[15:40] | Yeah. | 说 |
[15:41] | Okay, first of all, I did not kiss him. | 首先 我没有亲他 |
[15:44] | He kissed me. | 是他亲的我 |
[15:45] | Come on, April. If we’re gonna play games — | 得了吧 艾普莉 别来这些把戏… |
[15:46] | No, we’re not. | 不 不是 |
[15:48] | I-I just wanted to, um… | 我只是想… |
[15:51] | make sure that you had all the facts | 在我们好好谈谈之前 |
[15:52] | before we had this conversation. | 你能了解实情 |
[15:54] | Why are we having this conversation now? | 我们为什么现在才谈 |
[15:56] | Why didn’t you tell me when it happened? | 当时你怎么不告诉我 |
[15:57] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[15:58] | Honestly, I did think about it, | 老实讲 我真的有想告诉你 |
[16:00] | but then I decided that it was so stupid and meaningless, | 可后来觉得那样很蠢 没必要 |
[16:04] | and I didn’t want you to get all upset for no reason. | 我也不想无端惹你不高兴 |
[16:08] | How did you even find out? | 你到底怎么发现的 |
[16:11] | I-I went over to his house to try to get you your job back. | 我去他家找他 想替你要回工作 |
[16:15] | Wound up punching the guy in the face. | 结果一拳打他脸上了 |
[16:17] | Wait. You punched him in the face? | 慢着 你打了他脸一拳 |
[16:20] | Yeah, you’re damn right I did. | 对 我他妈就是打他了 |
[16:21] | Why did you have to go and do a stupid thing like that? | 你为什么非要去做那么蠢的事 |
[16:23] | Oh, I did the stupid thing? | 我做了很蠢的事 |
[16:25] | I just told you that kiss meant nothing to me. | 我刚说了 那个吻毫无意义 |
[16:27] | I quit a job that I loved because you were more important, | 我辞掉心爱的工作 因为你更重要 |
[16:30] | but that does not give you the right | 可你也没权利 |
[16:32] | to just go and act like a damn fool. | 跑去像傻子一样闹事 |
[16:35] | This is exactly what happened with Richard. | 完全跟理查德一个德行 |
[16:38] | Who the hell is Richard? | 理查德又是谁 |
[16:39] | My ex-boyfriend who went and beat up Paul | 我那揍了保罗的前男友 |
[16:41] | after he died the first time, | 上次就是这样分手的 |
[16:42] | and that was the beginning of the end of our relationship. | 我们的关系就在那时开始走到尽头 |
[16:45] | – You and Paul? – Me and Richard! | -你和保罗 -我和理查德 |
[16:47] | I don’t go for that macho crap, | 我受不了大男子主义 |
[16:49] | which is one of the reasons I fell in love with you. | 我爱上你就是因为你不是那样的 |
[16:52] | I thought you were better than that, | 我当时以为你比他们好 |
[16:54] | but now I don’t know what to think. | 可现在我不知道这啥情况 |
[16:57] | What is happening here? | 这到底什么情况 |
[16:58] | Hey, you’re the one who kissed someone else! | 是你亲了别人 |
[17:00] | I’m the one who gets to walk away mad! | 我才该生气暴走 |
[17:03] | I’m walking! | 我走了 |
[17:11] | Morning, Lila. | 早上好 莱拉 |
[17:12] | Good morning, Dr. Kim. | 早上好 金医生 |
[17:14] | I meant to text you last night | 我昨晚本想给你发短信 |
[17:15] | to tell you how much I loved your podcast. | 跟你说我多爱你的播客节目 |
[17:17] | You were fantastic. | 你简直太棒了 |
[17:19] | No, I wasn’t. | 不 没有 |
[17:20] | Well, you didn’t say as much as I was expecting, | 你说的话没我预想的多 |
[17:22] | but the podcast itself was riveting. | 可播客节目本身就很吸引人 |
[17:25] | That Jason Hughes, what a hoot, right? | 那个杰森·休斯 真搞笑 |
[17:27] | And sexy, too. | 也很性感 |
[17:29] | He is much more attractive in person than I thought he’d be. | 他本人比我想得更有魅力 |
[17:32] | When did you meet him? | 你什么时候见到他的 |
[17:33] | Oh, he’s waiting for you in your office. | 他在你办公室等你 |
[17:36] | Did I not mention that? | 我刚没跟你说吗 |
[17:45] | Adorable. | 真可爱 |
[17:46] | She’s got your chin. | 她的下巴像你 |
[17:48] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[17:50] | I came to say thank you for the awesome interview. | 我想当面感谢你做的那场精彩的访谈 |
[17:54] | You left in such a hurry, I didn’t get my hug. | 你走得太着急 都没来得及拥抱 |
[17:56] | That wasn’t an interview. | 那不是访谈 |
[17:57] | It was a monologue, an insulting one at that. | 那就是个人秀 而且还很侮辱人 |
[18:00] | You can’t take it so personally. It’s all part of the act. | 你别太在意 那都是演出来的 |
[18:02] | It may be part of your act, but I don’t have an act. | 你或许演得出来 我可不行 |
[18:04] | Well, if that’s the case, then you better get one. | 如果是这样 那你最好学着点 |
[18:07] | Because the second you become a public figure, | 因为一旦你出名了 |
[18:09] | you need to cultivate a persona, | 你就得学会伪装 |
[18:10] | if for no other reason than to keep yourself sane. | 只有那样你才能不让自己疯掉 |
[18:12] | I’m pretty sure having two competing personalities | 我很确信疯掉的定义是 |
[18:15] | is the definition of insane, but what do I know? | 有俩互相矛盾的性格 但谁知道呢 |
[18:18] | I’m just a licensed psychiatrist. | 我只是个执业精神病医生 |
[18:21] | Come back on my show. | 继续来上我的节目 |
[18:22] | No, thank you. | 不 谢了 |
[18:23] | You’ve got more downloads already | 你的下载量已经超过了 |
[18:25] | than the hot robot from “Ex Machina.” | 《机械姬》里的性感机器人 |
[18:26] | I really don’t care. | 我还真不在乎这些 |
[18:32] | I get it. You’re afraid. | 我懂了 你怕了 |
[18:35] | Please. | 少来 |
[18:36] | You don’t want to be challenged on your bogus theories. | 你不想别人挑战你那虚假的理论 |
[18:38] | If you were really confident in them, | 如果你真的很有信心 |
[18:40] | you’d leap at the chance to stand up for them. | 你会借此机会捍卫那些理论 |
[18:42] | The fact that you’re blowing me off | 你拒绝上我的节目 |
[18:43] | must mean that you don’t buy into this pseudo-feminist crap | 肯定是因为你和我一样不相信 |
[18:46] | any more than I do. | 那套虚伪的女权理论 |
[18:47] | Are you really attempting reverse psychology on me? | 你真想跟我玩逆反心理这招吗 |
[18:50] | No, I’m honestly relieved. But friend to friend… | 不 我只是说实话 但作为朋友… |
[18:52] | We’re not friends. | 我们不是朋友 |
[18:53] | As long as you keep hiding | 只要你一直拿 |
[18:54] | behind this progressive nonsense, | 所谓进步的屁话当挡箭牌 |
[18:56] | you’ll never get what you really want out of life. | 你就绝不会找到真正想要的生活 |
[18:58] | And what do I really want out of life, Jason? | 那我真正想要什么样的生活 杰森 |
[19:01] | What every woman wants. | 所有女人都想要的 |
[19:02] | A husband, security, | 丈夫 安全感 |
[19:05] | someone who can give you another child before your eggs dry up. | 在你”蛋尽粮绝”之前能让你再抱娃的人 |
[19:10] | You have 10 seconds before I call security. | 给你十秒赶紧滚 不然我就叫保安 |
[19:18] | Call me if you change your mind. | 改变主意了记得打给我 |
[19:25] | Okay, let’s start with the basics. | 好 从最基础的开始 |
[19:28] | When did you first know that you wanted to become a chef? | 你最初有做厨师的念头是什么时候 |
[19:30] | You know the answer to that. | 你知道答案 |
[19:32] | – Pretend I forgot. – Did you forget? | -就当我忘了 -你忘了吗 |
[19:34] | No, of course not. | 当然没忘 |
[19:36] | Okay, let’s start with a different question. | 好 我们换个问题 |
[19:38] | Your previous restaurant — | 你之前的餐厅… |
[19:39] | Savannah’s Kitchen. | 萨瓦娜餐厅 |
[19:40] | No, I was talking about Wunderbar. | 不 我想说的是温德芭 |
[19:42] | yeah, that wasn’t mine. That was Greta’s. | 那不是我的 那是格里塔的 |
[19:44] | I guess so, but if we bring up Savannah’s Kitchen, | 我知道 但如果我们提到了萨瓦娜餐厅 |
[19:46] | we kind of have to talk about Savi. | 我们就会提到萨维 |
[19:49] | Which leads to me being divorced. | 然后就会谈到我离婚的事 |
[19:51] | Yes, and engaged to her sister. | 是的 然后和她的妹妹订婚 |
[19:53] | Which is unappealing. | 这可不吸引人 |
[19:55] | In a court of public opinion, yes. | 在大众的舆论下 当然了 |
[19:57] | See, Harry, the idea here is to write a jazzy little puff piece | 哈利 现在我们就是要写一些花边故事 |
[20:00] | that I can put on your show’s website, | 放在你节目的网站上 |
[20:02] | and I can link it to the restaurant site in progress. | 然后我就能把它链接到正在创建的餐厅网站上 |
[20:04] | We have a site in progress? | 我们就要有网站了吗 |
[20:06] | You do now. | 是的 |
[20:07] | You are good at your job. | 你工作干得不错嘛 |
[20:08] | Why, thank you. I know. | 谢谢 我知道 |
[20:10] | Okay, let’s try something different. | 好的 我们说点其他的吧 |
[20:14] | Here we go. | 对了 |
[20:15] | What was your all-time most memorable dish? | 你一直记忆最深刻的一道菜是什么 |
[20:21] | Spaghetti and ketchup. | 番茄酱意大利面 |
[20:22] | – Harry. – I’m serious. | -哈利 -我认真的 |
[20:24] | I was 7 years old | 我七岁的时候 |
[20:25] | and I loved my mum’s Sunday night pasta. | 最喜欢妈妈周日晚上给我做的面了 |
[20:28] | But I had no idea how she made it, right? | 但是我不知道她怎么做的 |
[20:30] | And then one day she was working late and I was starving, | 然后有一天她工作到很晚 而我很饿 |
[20:32] | so I decided I could probably figure out how she did it | 于是我就决定也许我可以通过看冰箱里的食材 |
[20:36] | by just looking in the fridge, | 推测出她是怎么做的 |
[20:38] | which wasn’t terribly well stocked, | 冰箱里东西也不多 |
[20:39] | but I knew the sauce was red, so I had a little snoop around. | 但是我知道酱是红色的 所以我就看了看 |
[20:43] | And other than a few rancid strawberries, | 除了一些坏掉的草莓 |
[20:45] | there wasn’t anything red except for… the ketchup. | 也没有其他红色的东西了 除了 番茄酱 |
[20:48] | So I boiled the water, stuck in the pasta — | 所以我就煮开了水 把面放了进去… |
[20:50] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. You were 7? | 等等 你才七岁吗 |
[20:52] | 7 years old. Plucked the pasta out with a fork | 七岁 用叉子把面捞了起来 |
[20:54] | ’cause I had no idea what a colander was at the time. | 因为当时我根本不知道漏勺是什么 |
[20:57] | And I poured half a bottle of ketchup all over it | 然后我倒了半瓶番茄酱 |
[20:59] | and mixed it up. | 搅拌一下 |
[21:01] | Voilà. Dinner. | 就这样 晚餐就好啦 |
[21:03] | And it was delicious. | 然后很美味 |
[21:03] | It was horrible. | 难吃极了 |
[21:05] | But you didn’t ask me what my best dish was, | 但是你又没问我做得最好的一道菜是什么 |
[21:06] | you asked me what my most memorable dish was, | 你问的是我记忆最深刻的一道菜 |
[21:09] | and like any good man, you never forget your first. | 就像任何一个好男人 都不会忘记第一次 |
[21:16] | I love that story. | 我爱死这个故事了 |
[21:17] | I love you. | 我爱死你了 |
[21:18] | I love… | 我爱… |
[21:21] | Justin. | 贾斯汀 |
[21:23] | Can you please take a very long lunch right now? | 你能现在出去吃顿很久的午餐吗 |
[21:28] | Oh, what’s — okay. | 什… 好吧 现在啊 |
[21:33] | This is the best interview ever. | 这是迄今最棒的采访了 |
[21:35] | So, so good. | 太棒了 |
[21:45] | What the heck is that? | 什么情况 |
[21:53] | Kate? | 凯特 |
[22:07] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[22:08] | It’s not that bad. | 没那么严重 |
[22:10] | I can’t believe he did that to you, Michael. | 我不敢相信他打了你 迈克尔 |
[22:12] | I’m so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[22:13] | Honestly, it’s okay. | 真的 没事 |
[22:20] | I am so embarrassed. | 我觉得太羞愧了 |
[22:22] | Please don’t be. | 请不要 |
[22:23] | Really, he was well within his rights, | 真的 他完全有理由这么做 |
[22:25] | and truth be told, it wasn’t entirely unpleasant. | 说实话 其实也不是完全不愉快 |
[22:28] | Getting punched in the face? | 脸上被打了一拳吗 |
[22:29] | – Yeah. – I don’t understand. | -是啊 -我不懂了 |
[22:33] | I know you don’t, April, and that’s my fault. | 我知道你不懂 艾普莉 这是我的错 |
[22:35] | I haven’t been completely honest with you. | 我并没有完全对你诚实 |
[22:37] | What do you mean? What’s going on? | 你什么意思 什么情况 |
[22:39] | It’s not like I’ve been keeping a secret. It’s different. | 不是说我藏着什么秘密 这不同 |
[22:41] | Honestly, Michael, whatever it is, I can handle it. | 真的 迈克尔 不管是什么我都能接受 |
[22:44] | I’ve had a husband die twice | 我有过一个死过两次的男朋友 |
[22:45] | and fell in love with a painter | 然后爱上了一个画家 |
[22:47] | who turned out to be an FBI agent. | 最后才发现原来是个联邦探员 |
[22:49] | It takes a lot to surprise me. | 要让我吃惊可不容易 |
[22:52] | I’m transgender. | 我是变性人 |
[23:01] | I wish I could say it’s something | 我也希望能说我一直都 |
[23:02] | I always knew about myself, but it took some time. | 了解自己的这一面 但认识自己需要时间 |
[23:06] | When I was a kid, my mom used to call me her little tomboy | 当我还是小孩的时候 我妈妈曾叫我假小子 |
[23:08] | because of how I liked to dress and wear my hair short. | 因为我的穿着风格 还喜欢留短发 |
[23:11] | As I got older, I started meeting people | 然后逐渐长大 我开始接触一些 |
[23:13] | who identified as trans, | 变性人群体 |
[23:16] | and that’s when I realized… | 也就是那个时候我意识到… |
[23:18] | that’s who I am. | 那才是我 |
[23:22] | How old were you? | 你当时多大 |
[23:24] | 26. | 26岁 |
[23:25] | I had just met Teresa. | 那时我刚认识了特蕾莎 |
[23:27] | I knew she was special, | 我知道她很特别 |
[23:29] | but I also knew that it was important to her | 但是我也知道拉拉身份对她来说 |
[23:31] | that she was a lesbian. | 很重要 |
[23:32] | I know that might sound strange. | 我知道这听起来很奇怪 |
[23:34] | I mean, none of this sounds easy for anyone. | 我想 大家都不会觉得很容易接受吧 |
[23:37] | So, me telling her that I wanted to transition, | 然后 我告诉她我想变性 |
[23:41] | I knew it could be an issue. | 我知道这会成为一个问题 |
[23:43] | So I didn’t say anything for a long time. | 所以我很长一段时间什么都没说 |
[23:45] | Not until I knew that she loved me. | 一直到我知道她爱上了我 |
[23:50] | You didn’t want to lose her. | 你不想失去她 |
[23:51] | I can understand why you waited. | 我能理解你为什么要等 |
[23:53] | I honestly thought that our relationship | 我真的以为我们的爱情 |
[23:55] | might be enough for me to be happy, | 已足够让我幸福 |
[23:57] | but as time went on, I needed more. | 但是随着时间过去 我需要更多的东西 |
[24:01] | I needed to live fully as myself. | 我需要完全做自己 |
[24:04] | She understood at first, | 她开始是理解 |
[24:06] | but after a while, I think it just was too much for her. | 但是不久后 我想她也无法接受这一变化吧 |
[24:09] | Why didn’t you tell me any of this before? | 为什么你之前没告诉我这些 |
[24:13] | Selfishly… | 出自私心… |
[24:16] | I think I was enjoying my first authentic relationship as a man. | 我第一次开始享受作为一个男人与女人交往 |
[24:20] | Do you hate me? | 你会恨我吗 |
[24:23] | Of course not. | 当然不会了 |
[24:25] | I hope I haven’t ruined anything between you and Marc. | 我希望我没有破坏你和马克的关系 |
[24:27] | Don’t worry about Marc. I’m just glad you told me. | 不要担心马克 很高兴你跟我说了实话 |
[24:31] | Me too. Me too. | 我也是 我也是 |
[24:44] | I’m sorry you had to see that. | 抱歉让你看到那种画面 |
[24:46] | I’ve seen it before. I have Showtime. | 又不是没看过 我订了Showtime电视台 |
[24:48] | I’d really appreciate if you didn’t tell April. | 希望你别告诉艾普莉 |
[24:50] | It’s not like it’s a regular thing. | 这毕竟不是司空见惯的事 |
[24:52] | That you had sex in the storage room | 你是指你们在贮藏室里做爱 |
[24:53] | or that you had sex with a married man? | 还是你跟一个已婚男人做爱 |
[24:55] | How did you know he was married? | 你怎么知道他结婚了 |
[24:57] | He came into the store the other day with his husband. | 有天他跟他老公来过店里 |
[24:59] | – Oh. – Yeah. “Oh.” | -天啊 -吓到了吧 |
[25:03] | Are you angry at me or something? | 你生我气了吗 |
[25:04] | I’m not angry. I’m just disappointed. | 没有 只是很失望而已 |
[25:06] | I hate cheating. | 我痛恨出轨 |
[25:07] | It’s what ruined my relationship with Brian. | 我跟布莱恩分手就是因为出轨 |
[25:09] | It’s what ruins all relationships. | 它也毁了所有美好的爱情 |
[25:10] | Well, I hope it ruins theirs | 我希望他俩能因此分手 |
[25:11] | because I really love Gary and I think he loves me. | 因为我真的很爱盖理而且我觉得他也爱我 |
[25:15] | Doesn’t make it right. They took vows! | 那也不行 他们之间是有誓言的 |
[25:17] | People make mistakes. | 人非圣贤孰能无过 |
[25:19] | That’s why God invented divorce. | 所以上帝才发明了离婚 |
[25:21] | It’s easy to fall in love when you have zero restrictions. | 没有任何限制才容易相爱 |
[25:24] | Just last week, I met the most gorgeous man I’ve ever seen | 就在上周 我在餐车旁遇到了 |
[25:26] | in my entire life at a taco truck. | 有生以来最帅气的男人 |
[25:28] | But as soon as he mentioned his wife, I walked away, | 但一听他说起自己妻子 我就扭头走了 |
[25:31] | even after he told me he was separated. | 尽管他说他们已经分居了 |
[25:33] | It didn’t matter, because I have standards and morals. | 是否分居不重要 我有自己的道德标准 |
[25:36] | You keep acting all judgy judgy, | 你要总是这么事儿事儿的 |
[25:39] | and those girls are never gonna let you in their clique. | 是永远也不会跟那帮姑娘打成一团的 |
[25:43] | I don’t care. | 我才不在乎 |
[25:45] | Yeah, you do. | 不 你在乎 |
[25:51] | How’s it going as Harry’s publicist? | 给哈利当公关感觉如何 |
[25:53] | Great. | 很棒 |
[25:54] | I think it’s actually gonna be good | 我觉得这将会 |
[25:55] | for our relationship, you know? | 有益于加深我们的感情 |
[25:57] | I’m learning all these really cute things about him. | 我知道了他许多有趣的事 |
[25:59] | It’s fun. | 特别好玩 |
[26:01] | More importantly, | 不过我更想知道 |
[26:02] | how badly did you suck on that podcast? | 那播客到底被你搞得多糟 |
[26:05] | You’re really sticking with this | 你就放不下 |
[26:06] | “honesty is the best policy” thing? | “诚为上策”这话了 对吧 |
[26:08] | No, I — don’t feel too bad, honey. | 不 别难过 亲爱的 |
[26:10] | It wasn’t entirely your fault. | 不完全是你的责任 |
[26:11] | It wasn’t my fault at all. | 完全不怪我 |
[26:13] | He is a pompous blowhard | 他一个人自吹自擂 |
[26:14] | who didn’t let me get a word in edgewise. | 完全不容我插话 |
[26:17] | And he had the audacity to ask me to come back, | 而且他居然还厚颜无耻地让我再去上节目 |
[26:19] | if you can believe it. | 说出来你可能都不信 |
[26:20] | He did? That’s great. | 真的吗 那太好了 |
[26:21] | Did you not hear what I just said? | 你听到我刚才说了什么吗 |
[26:23] | Karen, he’s giving you an opportunity to… | 凯伦 他这是在给你机会… |
[26:25] | To embarrass myself again? | 让我再次颜面扫地吗 |
[26:26] | No, thanks. Fool me once, shame on you. | 还是别了 骗我一次也就算了 |
[26:28] | – Fool me twice… – You’re a moron. | – 还来骗我… -你真傻 |
[26:31] | That’s not exactly how it goes, but close enough. | 我并没打算这么说 但意思也差不多 |
[26:33] | Yeah, no, no, no. You’re not — | 不 不 不 别这样 |
[26:34] | you’re not looking at the big picture. | 你的视野太局限 |
[26:36] | This is exactly what Jackie and I | 那天我刚好跟杰基 |
[26:37] | were talking about the other day. | 聊过这些 |
[26:39] | – Who’s Jackie again? – Oh, my trainer. | -杰基是谁来着 -我的教练 |
[26:41] | She’s– you would love her. | 她很… 你会喜欢她的 |
[26:43] | She’s– she’s all about, you know, female empowerment | 她充满了… 女性力量 |
[26:45] | and taking what’s ours, | 当仁不让 |
[26:46] | and she thinks that half the time, | 她觉得 大多数时候 |
[26:48] | we let men win simply by refusing to play the game. | 男人之所以能赢都因为女性拱手相让 |
[26:50] | Just like what almost happened with Harry when he first told me | 比方说 哈利说不想让我当他公关时 |
[26:52] | that he didn’t want me to be his publicist. | 我差点就接受那个结果了 |
[26:54] | But then I re-engaged, and look what happened. | 但后我又做了努力 结果就截然不同 |
[26:56] | That’s because Harry isn’t a jerk. | 那是因为哈利人好 |
[26:58] | Jason Hughes, on the other hand — | 然而 杰森·休斯 |
[26:59] | Is a pompous blowhard, but we know this, okay? | 就会自吹自擂 我们早就知道了 |
[27:01] | So let’s be strategic. | 所以咱们应该想好策略 |
[27:02] | The next time you go in there, | 你下次再去做播客 |
[27:03] | you don’t wait to be given the floor. | 不要等待开口的机会 |
[27:05] | You — you take the floor. You demand to be heard. | 你要去抢 让听众听到你的声音 |
[27:07] | You lean in, Karen. | 你要争取主动权 凯伦 |
[27:10] | You’re getting better at this. | 你现在越来越棒了 |
[27:12] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[27:16] | Hey, wait up. | 慢点 |
[27:25] | Hey! You checking up on me? | 你是来看我的吗 |
[27:28] | Actually, probably smart | 来得真是时候 |
[27:29] | since I can’t remember where I put my key. | 因为我忘了把钥匙放哪了 |
[27:34] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[27:37] | I know I’m new to the group, | 虽然我刚刚加入你们 |
[27:38] | but I’m a really good listener. | 但我是个很好的倾听者 |
[27:41] | Back home, I had my own lady posse. | 在家那会 我可是有自己妇女团的 |
[27:43] | Granted, it was my mom and my cousin Sally, but — | 真的 团员是我妈妈 堂姐萨莉 可… |
[27:46] | Michael was a girl. | 迈克尔之前是个女孩 |
[27:49] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[27:50] | Michael, the guy who kissed me? | 迈克尔 亲我的那个人 |
[27:52] | He used to be a girl. | 他曾经是个女孩 |
[27:57] | What was her name? | 她以前叫什么 |
[28:00] | I don’t know. I didn’t ask. | 不知道 我没问 |
[28:02] | Did he have the surgery and everything? | 他是做了手术吗 |
[28:05] | I didn’t ask that either. Should I have? | 这我也没问 应该问吗 |
[28:07] | I-I have no idea. I mean, I’m… | 不知道 我… |
[28:08] | I’m really out of my depth on this one. | 这完全不在我的认知范围内 |
[28:11] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[28:13] | At least you don’t have to feel bad about the kiss anymore. | 至少你不用再纠结那个吻了 |
[28:16] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[28:18] | Well, if on some level, you did allow for it to happen | 在某种程度上 因为一些说不清的联系 |
[28:21] | because of some inexplicable connection, | 他当时亲你时你并没有拒绝 |
[28:25] | maybe there’s a reason. | 这或许是有原因的 |
[28:26] | Maybe it’s because you were bonding on some deeper female level. | 也许是因为你们在女性的角度有所共鸣 |
[28:30] | Like how it is when you make a new girlfriend. | 就像你新交了一个女朋友的时候 |
[28:33] | Can be really intense. | 会紧张不安 |
[28:36] | You know what? That actually makes sense. | 你说的很有道理 |
[28:38] | Maybe it was a sisterhood thing? | 也许只是姐妹感情而已对吧 |
[28:40] | Sure. If that’s the case, | 当然 所以说 |
[28:42] | there’s no reason why you can’t keep working together. | 你完全没必要担心和他一起工作 |
[28:46] | It’s not like anything’s gonna happen between the two of you. | 你们之间又不会发生什么的 |
[28:49] | That’s true. | 确实 |
[28:50] | And if you think about it, Michael being trans | 你仔细想想 迈克尔变过性 |
[28:52] | could be the best thing that’s ever happened. | 绝对是前所未有的好事啊 |
[28:56] | You know what, Kate? | 你知道吗 凯特 |
[28:57] | You’re gonna fit in just fine around here. | 你在这绝对会吃得开的 |
[29:02] | Good morning, lovers. | 早安啊 亲们 |
[29:04] | Back by popular demand, | 应听众们要求 |
[29:05] | the one, the only, the deliriously sexy — | 我们请来了独一无二 极其性感的 |
[29:09] | I’m gonna stop you right there. | 差不多可以了 |
[29:11] | Someone’s feeling feisty. | 某人感觉精力充沛啊 |
[29:14] | I’m not feeling anything but tired, | 疲惫是我的唯一感觉 |
[29:17] | and not just because my daughter woke me up | 不只是因为我被女儿在凌晨 |
[29:18] | at 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00 A.M. | 一点 三点 五点各吵醒一次 |
[29:20] | I’m tired of being reduced to my appearance. | 我厌烦被人抢话 |
[29:23] | I’m tired of being taken out of context. | 我厌烦被人断章取义 |
[29:25] | I’m tired of being talked over, glossed over, | 我厌烦被人当做谈资 被曲解 |
[29:27] | airbrushed, and antagonized. | 被粉饰 被敌视 |
[29:29] | I’m tired of having to listen to men like you | 我厌烦坐在这听你这种人 |
[29:31] | who turn my daily struggles into pithy punch lines. | 把我日夜的痛苦挣扎变成单口相声 |
[29:34] | I’m not here to amuse you, Jason. | 我来这不是供你娱乐消遣的 杰森 |
[29:35] | I’m here to educate you. Now… | 我来这是为了教育你 现在 |
[29:41] | what’s your first question? | 你的第一个问题是 |
[29:46] | Okay. Be honest. Do I sound like a prat? | 好了 实话实说 我听上去是不是很傻 |
[29:50] | So far, you sound fantastic. | 目前为止很不错啊 |
[29:51] | And the picture Joss chose is lovely. | 而且乔斯给你挑的这张照片超级帅 |
[29:55] | I didn’t know you worked for Charlie Trotter. | 我都不知道你曾经在查理·特洛特手下工作 |
[29:58] | He was one of your heroes, wasn’t he? | 你一定视他为偶像 对吧 |
[30:00] | I didn’t work with him. | 我没有和他共事过 |
[30:01] | I was a busboy at one of his restaurants. | 我只是他名下一家餐馆里的勤杂工 |
[30:03] | Does it say that I worked with him? | 文章里写我和他共事过吗 |
[30:04] | It’s definitely the implication, | 言外之意就是如此 |
[30:06] | especially since she’s quoting a conversation | 特别是这里她还引用了 |
[30:07] | the two of you apparently had. | 你和他以前的对话 |
[30:09] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[30:10] | He didn’t say that to me. I said that about him. | 他没和我说过这些 是我说的关于他的话 |
[30:14] | Look at this. She’s gone and twisted this all around. | 看看这些 她简直是颠倒黑白啊 |
[30:16] | Consider it a happy accident, then. | 那就看做是一次愉快的意外吧 |
[30:17] | You come off much more charming | 网页上的你比现实生活中的你 |
[30:18] | on the page than you are in real life. | 要有魅力得多 |
[30:20] | – This is just– – Morning, beautiful people. | -这真是 -早啊 美人们 |
[30:22] | Hey, this article you wrote about me is a bunch of lies. | 你写的关于我的文章简直谎话连篇 |
[30:24] | Well written lies. Let’s keep this positive. | 都是善意的谎言 我们要往好处看 |
[30:27] | I didn’t make anything up. Maybe I embellished a little. | 我没扯谎 只是稍微美化了一点点 |
[30:30] | Or a lot. | 是很多吧 |
[30:31] | Harry. It’s not a crime. | 哈利 这又不是罪大恶极 |
[30:33] | I just took some of the best parts of your life | 我只是将你人生的闪光点挑出来 |
[30:34] | and I sparkled them up a bit. | 并让其大放异彩 |
[30:36] | It’s like Photoshop, but with words. | 就像PS一样 但只是用文字而已 |
[30:37] | Okay, I don’t need you to Photoshop my life. | 我不用你去PS我的人生 |
[30:39] | It is sparkly enough as it is, thanks. | 我的人生已经大放异彩了 谢谢 |
[30:44] | Who wants a smoothie? Just me? | 谁想要喝杯奶昔 只有我吗 |
[30:46] | Honey, obviously I think you’re fascinating, | 亲爱的 我当然相信你的人生精彩纷呈 |
[30:48] | but I’m your biggest fan. I’m not the most subjective. | 但我是你的铁粉 不能代表主观意见 |
[30:50] | I had some of the girls give it a read, and — | 我给一些女孩看了这篇文章 |
[30:52] | – What — what girls? – My crew, my people. | -哪些女孩 -我的团队 我的伙伴 |
[30:54] | This is what I do for a living, okay? So just trust me. | 这是我的工作 所以请你相信我 |
[30:57] | Okay, Joss, I want you to change it. | 乔斯 我要你把文章给换了 |
[30:58] | Are you kidding me? Don’t be crazy. | 你在开玩笑吗 别逗了 |
[31:00] | I’m not being crazy. I’m the client. | 我没开玩笑 我是客户 |
[31:02] | You work for me, remember? | 我雇你干活 记得吗 |
[31:03] | Are you seriously taking that tone with me right now? | 你真的要用那种口气跟我说话吗 |
[31:05] | Ooh, mango. Such a treat. | 芒果汁 非常美味哦 |
[31:07] | I’m not taking any tone, okay? | 我没用任何口气 好吗 |
[31:09] | I-I want you to change it. | 我要你把文章给换了 |
[31:13] | Okay, whatever you say, boss. | 好的 悉听尊便 老板 |
[31:17] | Mother– | 妈的 |
[31:19] | Easy there, love. | 别动气 亲爱的 |
[31:21] | – Hey, hey. You okay? – No. | -你还好吗 -不好 |
[31:35] | Sorry, am I interrupting? | 抱歉 我有打扰吗 |
[31:37] | No, I’m just messing around. | 没有 只是随便弹弹 |
[31:40] | I tried to wait up for you last night so we could talk, | 我昨晚等到很晚想和你谈谈 |
[31:43] | but you got home so late. | 但你回来得太晚了 |
[31:45] | Yeah, well, rehearsal went longer than I thought. | 是的 排练结束得比我预计的要晚 |
[31:50] | So, I, I went over to Michael’s house yesterday. | 我昨晚去了迈克尔的家 |
[31:53] | I was planning on apologizing on your behalf, | 准备替你向他道歉来着 |
[31:56] | but it turned out I didn’t need to. He wasn’t angry. | 事实证明我不需要道歉 他并没有生气 |
[32:00] | In fact, he was glad you did what you did. | 事实上 他很高兴你对他的所做所为 |
[32:03] | Made him feel like a real man, or something like that. | 这让他感觉自己是真正的男人 诸如此类的 |
[32:05] | Look, I don’t know what angle you’re playing here, April. | 听着 我不知道你到底想说什么 艾普莉 |
[32:07] | Michael is transgender. | 迈克尔是变性人 |
[32:10] | He used to be a woman, and now he’s a man. | 他曾经是个女人 现在他是个男人 |
[32:15] | Okay. Well, okay. | 好吧 我明白了 |
[32:18] | Wow, I… I don’t know what to say. | 哇哦 我竟无言以对 |
[32:22] | I know. Obviously, I had no idea. | 其实 我完全不知情 |
[32:25] | I mean, I’ve been working with the guy for weeks now. | 我都和他工作了好几星期了 |
[32:27] | You’d think you’d be able to tell, but — | 以为一切都了如指掌 但是 |
[32:28] | I don’t know. I just met the guy. | 我不知道 我刚认识他 |
[32:32] | This has to be a little strange for you, I guess. | 你应该觉得有点怪吧 |
[32:34] | Well, yeah. It’s, uh — it’s been a lot to process. | 嗯 需要好好调适一下 |
[32:38] | But, I mean, at least now I feel like | 不过至少现在我觉得 |
[32:40] | I can go back and finish the job. | 我可以回去完成工作了 |
[32:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[32:44] | Well, yeah. I mean, why wouldn’t I? | 是啊 我为什么不能 |
[32:46] | For all the same reasons you weren’t gonna go back before, | 还是你之前不愿回去那个原因啊 |
[32:48] | because he kissed you. | 他吻了你 |
[32:49] | He’s clearly attracted to you, April. | 显然他喜欢你 艾普莉 |
[32:51] | Honestly, I think he’s just confused. | 其实我觉得他只是搞混了 |
[32:52] | And even if he is attracted to me, so what? | 就算他喜欢我又怎样 |
[32:55] | I’m not attracted to him. | 我不喜欢他 |
[32:56] | It’s not like anything would ever happen. | 根本就不会擦出任何火花 |
[32:58] | Yeah, but still — | 没错 但是… |
[32:59] | Just like nothing would ever happen with you and Sofia. | 就像你跟索菲亚之间不会擦出任何火花 |
[33:01] | What does Sofia have to do with any of this? | 怎么把索菲亚扯进来了 |
[33:03] | I’m just saying you’re working with a very attractive woman. | 我只是说你跟一位魅力非凡的女性一起工作 |
[33:06] | A woman you used to date. | 你还跟她约会过 |
[33:08] | I could be jealous, | 我应该吃醋 |
[33:09] | but I choose not to be because I trust you. | 可是我没那么做 我选择相信你 |
[33:14] | The question is, do you trust me? | 问题是 你相信我吗 |
[33:20] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[33:22] | I do. | 我信你 |
[33:26] | Then kiss me. | 吻我吧 |
[33:35] | Good God. | 天呐 |
[33:37] | Your face looks like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. | 你怎么一脸棉花糖鬼样 |
[33:39] | You’ll be happy to know | 盖理昨晚和我分手了 |
[33:40] | that Gary broke up with me last night. | 你开心了吧 |
[33:43] | I’m not happy that you’re miserable, | 看见你痛苦 我不开心 |
[33:45] | but I’m not surprised either. | 不过我不意外 |
[33:48] | Karma has a mysterious way of working out. | 因缘是个神秘的存在 |
[33:51] | Enjoy your soapbox now, my little kangaroo. | 好好享受你的演说吧 小袋鼠 |
[33:54] | You’ve lived in this city for about five minutes. | 你才来这镇上没多久 |
[33:57] | Call me when you’ve been out here for five years | 等你待久了 |
[33:58] | and tell me how easy it is to find love. | 再告诉我寻爱有多简单 |
[34:01] | I never — | 我没有… |
[34:01] | You think you’re gonna click | 你以为你可以搭上 |
[34:02] | with every guy you meet at a taco truck? | 所有在玉米卷车遇到的人吗 |
[34:04] | You think there are a million guys | 你以为外面有很多单身 |
[34:06] | out there who are unattached, somewhat close to your age, | 与你年龄相近 又符合 |
[34:08] | and check off all your boxes? | 你所有条件的男人吗 |
[34:10] | Guess again. | 知道吗 |
[34:12] | I’ve been single for 10 years, and it’s been hard. | 我单身了十年 日子很难过 |
[34:15] | I am tired of being alone. | 我厌倦了孤独 |
[34:17] | I want kids, I want a family, | 我需要孩子和家庭 |
[34:19] | I want everything that you want, | 我跟你有同样的需要 |
[34:21] | and I thought I had finally found that. | 我以为我终于找到了 |
[34:33] | Hi, Barbara. I’m so glad you called me in. | 芭芭拉 我很高兴你打给我 |
[34:35] | I have so many ideas to go over with you — | 我有很多想法要告诉你 |
[34:37] | Are you a bourbon or a scotch girl? | 你要喝波本还是苏格兰威士忌 |
[34:39] | I’m good, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[34:40] | Honestly, I didn’t think I’d have any new thoughts. | 我本来以为我不会有新想法 |
[34:43] | At least not this quickly. | 至少不会这么快想到 |
[34:44] | But my last interview with Jason got me so pumped up. | 但跟杰森会面后我就蹦出想法了 |
[34:47] | Well, that’s great, Karen. | 很棒 凯伦 |
[34:49] | But unfortunately, I’m not sure | 但不幸的是 我现在可能 |
[34:50] | I can invest any more time in this right now. | 无法花时间在这上面了 |
[34:53] | In what? | 在什么 |
[34:54] | You. | 在你身上 |
[34:55] | Not right now. | 现在不行 |
[34:57] | Are you firing me? | 你要炒掉我吗 |
[34:59] | Yes. | 对 |
[35:01] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[35:02] | Well, of course you don’t, because if you did, | 你当然不明白 如果你明白 |
[35:05] | you wouldn’t have gone on Jason’s podcast | 你就不会去杰森的播客 |
[35:07] | with the clear intention of humiliating him. | 故意羞辱他了 |
[35:09] | Humiliating him? | 羞辱他 |
[35:11] | What about what he did to me? | 那他对我做的事呢 |
[35:12] | His show, his rules. | 他的节目 他说了算 |
[35:13] | I was just standing up for myself. | 我只是在保护我自己 |
[35:14] | You should be on my side. | 你应该站在我这边 |
[35:16] | Jason has been my client for a long time. | 杰森是我的长期客户 |
[35:18] | Jason brings in more money than me. | 杰森比我更能带来财富 |
[35:19] | I understand that. But as a woman — | 我明白 但作为女人 |
[35:21] | As a woman, I will do what’s best for me. | 作为女人 我的利益是优先考量 |
[35:24] | As an ambitious, intelligent, business-minded woman, | 作为聪明有志 有商业头脑的女人 |
[35:27] | I will do what’s best for my company. | 我的公司利益是优先考量 |
[35:28] | I don’t let my personal feelings get in the way. | 我不会被私人感情妨碍 |
[35:31] | My soul will not be compromised here. | 我的心灵不会妥协 |
[35:43] | In order for your soul to be compromised, | 你要先有个心灵 |
[35:45] | you need to have one. | 才谈得上妥协 |
[35:54] | A friend of mine from Food & Wine | 我《食品与酒业》的朋友 |
[35:56] | is meeting us at the site. | 会来跟我们会面 |
[35:58] | I sent him that blurb that Joss wrote, | 我把乔斯写的广告发给他 |
[36:00] | and he thinks he can build off of it. | 他觉得他可以用来造势 |
[36:02] | Oh, man. I’m sorry about that. | 天呐 我很抱歉 |
[36:04] | I should’ve called you earlier. | 我应该早点通知你 |
[36:05] | Um, that piece is rubbish. | 那个广告很差劲 |
[36:08] | Joss got a little carried away, | 乔斯有点心不在焉 |
[36:10] | but I’ve asked her to take it down, rework it. | 我会叫她拿下来 重新写过 |
[36:12] | – Why? – Because it’s not true. | -为什么 -因为写得不真实 |
[36:15] | Well, not all of it, anyway. | 总之不是全部属实 |
[36:16] | Harry, you’re not running for president. | 哈利 你不是要竞选总统 |
[36:18] | You’re a celebrity chef who has never done cocaine. | 你是个从来没有吸毒的名厨 |
[36:21] | It’s amazing she could find something | 她可以找到让你的人生 |
[36:23] | to make your life seem interesting. | 看着有趣的事物太棒了 |
[36:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:26] | Listen, I-I — no, I’m saying that | 听着 我不是… |
[36:28] | with nothing but love and affection, | 我是出于关心才这么说的 |
[36:29] | but you got to lighten up, man. | 你得兴奋一点 老兄 |
[36:31] | You’re opening a restaurant. | 你要开餐厅了 |
[36:32] | It’s supposed to be fun. | 应该是件开心的事 |
[36:33] | Yeah, well, she should’ve run it by me at least. | 她至少应该跟我说啊 |
[36:35] | Well, tell her for next time. | 下次跟她说吧 |
[36:40] | Listen, Harry, I’m a businessman, | 哈利 我是个生意人 |
[36:43] | so I’ve done my due diligence. | 我做了严格的审查 |
[36:44] | I checked up on Joss. | 我调查了乔斯 |
[36:46] | She’s got a strong reputation in her field. | 她在她的领域里有扎实的信誉 |
[36:49] | Well liked. She’s good at what she does. | 就是说 她很擅长她的工作 |
[36:51] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[36:52] | But that means nothing | 但如果这让你的私人生活一团糟 |
[36:53] | if it’s making your personal life hell. | 就毫无意义了 |
[36:56] | There are a million publicists in this town, | 这镇上有很多公关 |
[36:58] | so if working with your fiancée is a problem for you, | 如果你跟你未婚妻合作有问题 |
[37:01] | then we don’t. | 那就不要合作 |
[37:02] | You can blame it on me if you like. | 你想怪在我身上就怪吧 |
[37:04] | It’s your call. | 你来决定 |
[37:10] | There are lots of other agents out there, Dr. Kim. | 还有很多代理可以找 金医生 |
[37:13] | Not really. | 不见得 |
[37:14] | Not when your first book was only somewhat successful. | 因为我的第一本书不是那么成功 |
[37:17] | I can’t afford to take another year off | 我不能再花一年时间 |
[37:19] | to write something on spec, | 冒险写本书出来 |
[37:20] | and I don’t know how to get another deal without an agent. | 而且没有代理我不知道怎么谈生意 |
[37:25] | Maybe I should give up. | 也许我该放弃 |
[37:26] | Maybe I don’t have another book in me. | 也许我写不出另一本书 |
[37:28] | Of course you do. | 你当然能 |
[37:29] | You have as many books in you as I have songs. | 你能写出很多书 就像我有很多曲子 |
[37:33] | You sing, Lila? | 你会唱歌 莱拉 |
[37:34] | Like an angel. | 天使般的声音 |
[37:37] | Oh, I better get home. I have to relieve the nanny. | 我要回家了 保姆还在等我下班 |
[37:40] | I’m not sure you should drive. | 你好像不能驾车 |
[37:41] | Oh, ooh. I’m not sure I should stand. | 我好像站不稳 |
[37:44] | Why don’t you lie down, take a nap before you go home? | 你躺下来小睡一下再回家吧 |
[37:47] | What am I doing with my life? | 我的人生怎么了 |
[37:50] | Taking it day by day, Dr. Kim. | 慢慢过吧 金医生 |
[37:53] | Day by day. | 慢慢过 |
[38:09] | Next time, please talk to me before you print something. | 下次 你打印之前跟我谈谈吧 |
[38:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:16] | I’m sorry that you hated what I wrote. | 我很抱歉你不喜欢我写的东西 |
[38:19] | It’s fine. Jonathan loved it. | 没事 乔纳森喜欢 |
[38:22] | But then again, | 但话说回来 |
[38:23] | Jonathan does have questionable taste. | 乔纳森的品味令人质疑 |
[38:27] | I couldn’t agree more. | 我非常同意 |
[38:28] | Did you see the monstrosity in our living room? | 你看见我们客厅的怪物了吗 |
[38:31] | What monstrosity? | 什么怪物 |
[38:33] | There’s a monstrosity? | 有怪物吗 |
[38:35] | Come here. | 跟我来 |
[38:41] | Holy… | 天呐 |
[38:43] | It’s a little bit extravagant, don’t you think? | 有点奢华 不是吗 |
[38:45] | Not to mention a blatant disregard for public safety. | 而且还不顾公众的安全 |
[38:49] | I lo– I love it so much. | 我非常喜欢 |
[38:50] | Of course you do. | 你当然喜欢 |
[38:51] | I just — I can’t — I can’t… | 我只是…不能…不能 |
[38:57] | Oi, don’t you have a bedroom for that kind of nonsense? | 你们不能去自己的房间办这事吗 |
[39:03] | – Let’s take it for a spin. – No! Hell no. | -骑出去转转吧 -天呐 不行 |
[39:05] | You’re not getting me on the back of that donor-cycle. | 我不要坐在那台玩命摩托车的后座上 |
[39:06] | Yes, you are! | 就要让你坐 |
[39:08] | – No! – Grab a leather jacket. | -不 -穿件皮夹克 |
[39:09] | We have to look cool, man! | 我们要帅帅哒 |
[39:10] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[39:36] | Guess what came back in stock. | 知道什么来货了吗 |
[39:38] | Those Granada tiles you loved. | 你喜欢的格拉纳达瓷砖 |
[39:39] | They can be here by Friday. | 周五就到货了 |
[39:41] | Does this mean you want to be my designer again? | 你是说你想再当我的设计师吗 |
[39:43] | If you’ll have me. | 如果你让我当 |
[39:49] | I would love that, April. You know I would. | 我会喜欢的 艾普莉 你知道的 |
[39:51] | I just don’t want to ruffle any more feathers with Marc. | 我只是不想再令马克不愉快了 |
[39:54] | Marc is fine with it. | 马克没事 |
[39:56] | Now that everything is out in the open, it’s all good. | 现在事情已经说开了 没事了 |
[39:59] | You told him? | 你告诉他了 |
[40:00] | I did. I hope that’s okay. | 是的 你不介意吧 |
[40:04] | Of course, of course. | 当然不介意 |
[40:07] | And he was all right with everything? | 他真的没事吗 |
[40:08] | Marc is a very liberal guy. | 马克的心胸很宽大 |
[40:10] | He would never take issue with your…situation. | 他不会在意你的情况 |
[40:14] | – My being trans. – Right. | -我是跨性别者 -没错 |
[40:16] | And of course, now he’s not threatened anymore. | 当然 他也不受威胁了 |
[40:19] | What does that mean, “Of course”? | 什么叫”当然” |
[40:21] | No, it just means… you know — | 不 我是说… |
[40:24] | Right, now that you know that I used to be a woman, | 好 你知道我是个女人了 |
[40:26] | you’re not attracted to me anymore | 你不会喜欢我了 |
[40:28] | and he doesn’t have to worry about you cheating on him. | 他不用再担心你会脚踏两条船 |
[40:30] | I was never attracted to you. | 我没有喜欢过你 |
[40:32] | Bull… | 胡… |
[40:34] | I’m not saying we didn’t have a special connection, | 我不是说我对你没感觉 |
[40:37] | and maybe it was a bit confusing, | 也许那样有点混乱 |
[40:39] | but that was because I didn’t realize | 但那是因为我不知道 |
[40:40] | what part of you I was connecting with. | 我对你哪方面有感觉 |
[40:42] | And what part is that? | 所以是哪方面 |
[40:43] | Your female part inside. | 你内心的女性面 |
[40:45] | But now that I know the whole truth — | 现在我知道整个真相了 |
[40:47] | You could never be attracted to me again. | 你不会再喜欢上我 |
[40:48] | – Of course not. – And why is that? | -当然不会 -为什么呢 |
[40:50] | Because I would never date a trans person. | 因为我不会跟跨性别者约会 |
[41:00] | Get out of my house, April. | 离开我的家吧 艾普莉 |
[41:04] | Now. | 马上离开 |
[41:27] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你到底在干什么 |