时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Let’s go, buddy. Schooltime. | 走吧 伙计 该上学了 |
[00:06] | Oh, and Gloria, if you want to get together with the girls later, | 歌洛莉亚 如果你待会和你闺蜜有约 |
[00:09] | I could just, you know, watch the football game or something. | 我可以自己看看橄榄球赛什么的 |
[00:12] | That means he wants to watch a football game. | 其实他就是想看橄榄球赛 |
[00:14] | I’m not talking to you. | 我不是和你说话 |
[00:16] | What are you drinking coffee for anyway? | 你为什么要喝咖啡 |
[00:18] | It’s my culture. I’m Colombian. | 这是我的文化习俗 我是哥伦比亚人 |
[00:20] | Oh, yeah? What part of Colombia | 是吗 这些法式吐司 |
[00:22] | are those French toaster sticks from? | 也是哥伦比亚的吗 |
[00:24] | Babe, I’m not sure about the game. | 亲爱的 我不太确定你今天能看比赛 |
[00:26] | The whole family’s coming over for the barbecue. | 因为全家人都要过来烧烤 |
[00:28] | – That’s today? – See. | -是今天吗 -没错 |
[00:30] | It’s the Ohio State game. | 今天可是俄亥俄州赛 |
[00:32] | So? Everybody can watch. | 那又怎样 每个人都能看 |
[00:34] | I don’t like watching the game with people who don’t know the game. | 我不喜欢和不懂球的人一起看比赛 |
[00:37] | People talk. | 七嘴八舌乱指点 |
[00:37] | You talk at my football games. | 你也会乱指点我的橄榄球比赛 |
[00:39] | For one thing, it’s called soccer. | 首先 你那个是足球 |
[00:40] | Your team scored two goals all season. | 而且你们队整个赛季只得了两分 |
[00:43] | I’m not taking a big risk. | 我随便说也不会冒风险 |
[00:45] | How much of this did you drink? | 你到底喝了多少啊 |
[00:47] | Give me a break. I have to climb a rope today. | 饶了我吧 我今天得去攀绳呢 |
[00:52] | – Hey, Mom. – Yeah? | -妈妈 -怎么了 |
[00:55] | Can I have $40 for lunch? | 能给我40块钱吃午饭吗 |
[00:57] | Forty dollars? | 40块 |
[00:58] | – I also need a book for school. – What book? | -学校还让我们买本书 -什么书 |
[01:03] | I want a dress. | 我想买条裙子 |
[01:04] | Do you have any idea what a bad liar you are? | 你知道你撒谎撒得多失败吗 |
[01:07] | I’d be more worried that | 我更担心的是 |
[01:08] | she couldn’t come up with a single book title. | 她连一本书的名字都想不出来 |
[01:10] | Luke, come on. We’re late. | 卢克 快点 我们要迟到了 |
[01:13] | Mmm, there’s a first- inside out and backwards. | 这是第一次里外前后全都穿反了 |
[01:16] | At least it isn’t zipped into his… | 至少他没把衣服塞进… |
[01:17] | Oh. There it is. | 好吧 真塞进去了 |
[01:20] | Well, there’s book smart, and then there’s street smart. | 有人是”读书大智慧” 也有人是”市井小聪明” |
[01:23] | Yeah, and then there’s Luke. | 没错 卢克属于第三类怪胎 |
[01:24] | Oh, he’s just… He’s just curious. That’s all. | 他只是 他只是好奇心重 仅此而已 |
[01:27] | He’s got this almost scientific mind… | 他有着科学家的头脑 |
[01:31] | with a thirst for knowledge. | 以及对知识的渴望 |
[01:34] | He’s like this little Einstein. | 他像小爱因斯坦一样 |
[01:36] | Some people ask, “Why?” | 有些人会问”为什么” |
[01:39] | Luke asks, “Why not?” | 但卢克会问”为什么不呢” |
[01:43] | I ask “Why?” a lot. | 我经常问”为什么” |
[01:47] | We’re at the ten. We’re at the five. | 我们在十码区 现在是五码区 |
[01:50] | We’re at the one. Daddy, we’re scoring a touchdown! | 到达一码 爸爸 我们触地得分啦 |
[01:53] | No, please… please don’t spike our baby. | 别 小心别弄伤孩子了 |
[01:56] | Why is she dressed like the Hamburglar? | 为什么她穿得像汉堡神偷公仔 |
[01:57] | She’s a referee. | 她是裁判 |
[01:59] | Do… Do we even have to go to my dad’s tonight? | 我们今晚一定要去我爸那里吗 |
[02:01] | Are you kidding me? We’re playing Ohio State. | 你在开玩笑吗 今晚是俄亥俄州赛 |
[02:04] | I collect antique fountain pens. | 我收集古董钢笔 |
[02:06] | I’m quite adept at Japanese flower arrangement- | 我很擅长日式插花技术 |
[02:08] | ikebana- | “花道” |
[02:10] | and I was a starting offensive lineman at the University of Illinois. | 而且我曾是伊利诺伊大学的首发进攻内锋 |
[02:14] | Surprise. | 惊讶吧 |
[02:15] | – I don’t like football. – You know what? | -我不喜欢橄榄球 -你知道吗 |
[02:17] | I thought part of being in a relationship… | 我认为维持恋情的一方面 |
[02:19] | was pretending to enjoy your partner’s interests. | 就是要爱屋及乌 |
[02:21] | Do you think I really loved home pickle-making? | 你以为我真的喜欢做腌菜吗 |
[02:24] | Yeah, ’cause you did. | 是的 因为你确实喜欢 |
[02:25] | For a week, | 就喜欢一周 |
[02:26] | until we became the weird guys who gave everybody pickles. | 到后来别人都以为我们是到处送腌菜的怪胎 |
[02:28] | Oh, thank you, Marvin, for inviting us into your lovely home. | 马文 谢谢邀请我们到你温馨的家来 |
[02:31] | Here. Would you care for a sack of pickles? | 给你 请收下这包腌菜 |
[02:33] | It was charming. | 你真可爱 |
[02:34] | We were picklers, Mitchell. | 我们是腌菜工 米奇尔 |
[02:36] | Okay, you know what? Fine. | 好吧 那就算了 |
[02:37] | Stay home with your little jagged scissors. | 和你的小剪刀待在家里吧 |
[02:39] | Maybe catch up on your scrapbooking. | 你可以继续弄你的剪贴簿 |
[02:41] | Come… You loved scrapbooking. | 拜托 你也喜欢剪贴簿啊 |
[02:43] | Did I, Mitchell? Did I? | 我有吗 米奇尔 我有吗 |
[02:45] | Stop. Don’t do the “Double question to prove a point” thing. | 够了 别以为搞个双重反问就是真的了 |
[02:48] | I hate it when people do that. | 我讨厌别人那么做 |
[02:49] | Do you, Mitchell? Do you? | 是吗 米奇尔 是吗 |
[02:51] | Stop, Lily. | 别闹了 莉莉 |
[03:07] | No problem. We’ll be right down. Thanks. | 没问题 我们马上过来 谢谢 |
[03:16] | Hey, honey. What’s up? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[03:18] | The school just called. Luke got in a fight. | 学校刚刚来电话了 卢克打架了 |
[03:21] | Oh, geez. Is he okay? | 天呐 他还好吗 |
[03:23] | Yeah, he’s fine, but they want us to come down there. | 他没事 但老师想要我们去一趟 |
[03:26] | – Where are you? – I’m showing a house. | -你在哪里 -我在带人看房子 |
[03:28] | What house? | 什么房子 |
[03:31] | I’m golfing. | 我在打高尔夫球 |
[03:37] | I bet it was that Durkas kid. | 我猜是那个叫德卡斯的小孩 |
[03:39] | I hate that kid. | 我讨厌那个小孩 |
[03:40] | He probably jumped on Luke | 也许是他突然挑衅卢克 |
[03:41] | and Luke just fought back. | 而卢克只是反抗而已 |
[03:42] | – Kid’s a menace. – He made fun of my hair once. | -那小孩真讨厌 -他曾经取笑我的头发 |
[03:45] | Shh. The parents are probably in there. | 嘘 他的家长可能在里面 |
[03:47] | I slept on it funny. | 我只是睡觉把头发睡乱了 |
[03:48] | Like that never happened to him? | 就好像他没有过一样 |
[03:49] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[03:52] | What are you doing here? | 你们在这里干嘛 |
[03:53] | These two knuckleheads were fighting each other. | 这两个笨蛋在一起打架 |
[03:55] | – What? – Could’ve been worse. | -什么 -幸好是你啊 |
[03:58] | I was not ready to face Durkas today. | 我还没准备好今天面对德卡斯 |
[04:02] | So what happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[04:02] | Well, apparently there was some name-calling | 很明显 在操场上发生了骂人 |
[04:05] | and shoving on the playground. | 和斗殴的事情 |
[04:06] | By the time a teacher separated them, | 老师把他们分开的时候 |
[04:08] | Luke was sitting on Manny’s chest. | 卢克正坐在曼尼的胸上 |
[04:10] | – Luke, that’s not like you. – Wait a minute. | -卢克 那可不像你啊 -等等 |
[04:12] | – You’re Luke’s father? – Grandfather. | -你是卢克的爸爸吗 -外公 |
[04:14] | – So Manny’s father is… – Javier. | -那么曼尼的爸爸是 -哈维尔 |
[04:17] | Crazy guy. That’s where he gets his fire. | 一个疯子 就是从他身上遗传到的暴脾气 |
[04:21] | – Okay, you’re… – He’s our son. | -好吧 你是 -他是我们的儿子 |
[04:23] | – And my grandson. – I’m his daughter. | -我的外孙 -我是他女儿 |
[04:25] | – So you’re… – His uncle. | -那么你是 -他小舅舅 |
[04:27] | Stop saying that or I’ll sit on your chest again. | 你要再敢这么说 我还会坐到你的胸上 |
[04:30] | Ho! Wait a second. Is that what this was all about? | 等一下 打架就是因为这个吗 |
[04:32] | He keeps calling me his nephew. | 他一直说我是他的外甥 |
[04:33] | You are my nephew. | 你就是我的外甥 |
[04:34] | – Shut up! – Okay, okay. | -闭嘴 -好了 好了 |
[04:36] | I’m getting the sense that you’re all related, uh, somehow. | 我明白了 你们似乎是一家人 |
[04:40] | So it’s probably best if you work this out at home… | 所以 也许你们最好能回家自己解决 |
[04:42] | so the boys can go back to class, okay? | 这样孩子们就能回去上课了 好吗 |
[04:44] | But we’re not happy about this, boys. | 但是我们很生气你们这样 小伙子们 |
[04:46] | This is not how mature young men behave. | 这不是成熟的年轻小伙的行为 |
[04:49] | Here’s your note for Miss Passwater. | 把这便条给”帕斯沃”老师 |
[04:56] | Look, I wouldn’t worry. They’re good kids. | 我并不担心 他们都是好孩子 |
[04:58] | It’s just tough when one kid’s a little different. | 只是当某个孩子比较怪异时 会有点难处理 |
[05:00] | – Yes. – Yes. | -是的 -是的 |
[05:03] | You heard how she said that, right? | 你听到她那么说了 对吗 |
[05:05] | “Yes.” | “是的” |
[05:07] | She thought Luke was the weird one. Luke. | 她觉得卢克是怪异的那个 卢克 |
[05:09] | Her kid gets his head stuck in the furniture, | 她家孩子把自己的头卡在家具里 |
[05:12] | and Manny is the different one. | 还好意思说曼尼怪异 |
[05:14] | I will tell you what’s weird. | 我来告诉你什么怪异 |
[05:15] | Our son is not weird. | 我们的孩子并不怪异 |
[05:16] | What’s weird is that her kid wears aftershave | 怪异的是她的孩子抹须后水 |
[05:17] | and dresses like a count. | 而且打扮得像个伯爵 |
[05:19] | I think we should cancel with them for the barbecue. | 我想我们别请他们过来烧烤了 |
[05:21] | If we cancel, it’ll just make this a bigger deal than it is. | 如果我们不去 只会把问题越闹越大 |
[05:24] | It’ll be good for Luke and Manny to spend some time. | 让卢克和曼尼多相处一下对他们两个都好 |
[05:28] | – Might be good for you and Gloria too. – Why? | -也许对你和歌洛莉亚也好 -为什么 |
[05:30] | She’s always had a problem with me. | 她一直对我有意见 |
[05:34] | I think I’m gonna find out what it is. | 我觉得我该找出是什么问题 |
[05:36] | That’s the worst thing you could do. | 那是你最不该做的 |
[05:37] | Just sweep it under the rug. | 就当没发生过 忍忍就过去了 |
[05:39] | – I’m not a sweeper. – Trust me on this. | -我可不是个”忍者” -听我的没错 |
[05:41] | I think you two need to talk it out. | 我觉得你们俩得谈谈这件事 |
[05:43] | I don’t have anything to say to her. | 我跟她没什么好说的 |
[05:45] | She’s the one with the problem, not me. | 她才是有问题的那个 不是我 |
[05:47] | Whose side are you on? | 你到底向着谁 |
[05:48] | She’s my daughter. You’re my wife. | 她是我的女儿 你是我的妻子 |
[05:51] | Let’s remember what’s important here. | 让我们先理清重点 |
[05:53] | There’s a football game on. | 橄榄球赛马上就开始了 |
[05:55] | I just hate it when my two girls aren’t getting along. | 我只是不想我的两个女孩相处得不好 |
[05:59] | How exactly is she your girl? | 她怎么成你的女孩了 |
[06:07] | I got a few things for the party. | 我为聚会准备了一点东西 |
[06:08] | Is Lily ready to go? | 莉莉准备好要走了吗 |
[06:10] | Oh, yeah, yeah. She’s ready. | 是的 她准备好了 |
[06:13] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[06:14] | I’m just really worried about C.J. Hightower. | 我真的很担心C·J·海托 |
[06:17] | With the bad ankle, | 他脚踝受伤了 |
[06:18] | I don’t know how he’s gonna run his corner routes. | 我不知道他要怎么跑完三角线路 |
[06:20] | What did my boyfriend just say? | 我男友刚刚说了什么呀 |
[06:22] | Listen, I heard what you said, and I thought, yes, | 我听了你之前说的 我同意你的话 |
[06:26] | I should try to learn more about football. | 我应该多了解一下橄榄球 |
[06:28] | That is very mature of you. | 你这么做真是成熟了 |
[06:30] | I figure, if football fans can learn it, | 我觉得 橄榄球迷都能学会 |
[06:32] | how hard can it be? | 那能有多难呢 |
[06:34] | That’s very elitist of you. | 就你最聪明 |
[06:35] | I’m taking baby steps here, all right? | 我才刚刚起步 好不 |
[06:38] | I’m actually- I’m really looking forward to it. | 其实 我真的很期待 |
[06:40] | ‘Cause it’s not just the game. | 因为这不仅仅是比赛 |
[06:41] | It’s-It’s the bands and the drama, the pageantry. | 而且现场彩旗招展 锣鼓喧天 |
[06:45] | Don’t forget about the team mascots. | 别忘了还有球队的吉祥物 |
[06:47] | They wear ascots? | 他们戴”宽领带”吗 |
[06:48] | No. Mascots. With an “M.” | 不是 是”吉祥物” 有个”M”开头 |
[06:50] | That could have been very embarrassing. | 要是在外人面前你就丢脸了 |
[06:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:54] | Am I straight? | 直吗 |
[06:58] | I’m not sure what you are right now. | 我也不知道你是直男还是什么 |
[07:03] | How ya doin’? | 你们好吗 |
[07:03] | – Hey, Gramps. – Hi, beautiful. | -外公好 -小美女好 |
[07:05] | Hi, Phil. Good to see ya. | 你好 菲尔 见到你真好 |
[07:07] | Let me guess. Game’s on? | 让我猜猜 比赛开始了吗 |
[07:08] | Just started. | 刚开始 |
[07:09] | Hey. For you. | 送给你的 |
[07:12] | It’s nice to see you, Gloria. | 很高兴见到你 歌洛莉亚 |
[07:13] | Ah! Two times today. | 今天两次哦 |
[07:15] | – Okay, well… – Uh, Phil? | -抱两次好啊 -菲尔 |
[07:17] | She means we’ve seen them two times today. | 她的意思是我们今天见了两次 |
[07:19] | Okay, everybody, the food’s in there. The drinks are in there. | 大家听着 吃的在那边 喝的在那边 |
[07:22] | – I’ll be in here. – Hold on, Jay. | -我进屋去了 -等等 杰 |
[07:24] | I think we should address the elephant in the room. | 我觉得我们不该忽视明显存在的一个问题 |
[07:27] | Uh, Luke, Manny. Bring it in. | 卢克 曼尼 都过来 |
[07:32] | Come on. Huddle up. | 快点 聚在一起 |
[07:33] | Football. | 像打橄榄球一样 |
[07:35] | Now in light of what happened at school today, | 鉴于今天在学校里发生的事情 |
[07:38] | do you have any feelings you’d like to express? | 你们有什么想说的吗 |
[07:40] | I think this is the proper forum… | 我觉得现在是个合适的表达机会 |
[07:42] | For god’s sakes. All right, both of you. | 老天啊 得了吧 你们两个 |
[07:45] | Now, in this family, do we kick and punch each other, | 在这个家里 我们是欺负彼此 |
[07:48] | or do we love each other? | 还是关爱彼此 |
[07:49] | Love each other. That’s right. | 关爱彼此 这就对了 |
[07:51] | I’II be in the den. | 我进屋去了 |
[07:56] | So, I brought dessert. | 我带了些甜点 |
[07:59] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[08:01] | I make pie too. | 我也做了派 |
[08:04] | You can never have too many pies, right? | 派再多也不嫌多 对吧 |
[08:07] | Okay, whoa. Whoa. | 行了 |
[08:09] | Everybody take a deep breath. | 大家深呼吸 |
[08:10] | Let’s think about getting real. | 我们面对现实吧 |
[08:12] | Phil, no. | 菲尔 别这样 |
[08:13] | Why “Phil, no”? | 为什么说”菲尔 别这样” |
[08:15] | What is Phil doing? | 菲尔要干嘛 |
[08:16] | I’m just gonna say it. | 我只是想说出来 |
[08:17] | There’s tension between you two. | 你们俩之间的紧张气氛 |
[08:18] | Bam. It’s out there. | 已经弥漫出来了 |
[08:20] | I’m gonna kill you. | 我要宰了你 |
[08:21] | I think he’s right, and I think we should talk about it. | 我想他是对的 而且我们应该谈谈 |
[08:24] | That’s what I’m talkin’ about… | 我就是想说这个 |
[08:27] | you two talking… about it. | 你们谈谈 这个事儿 |
[08:36] | I like football. | 我喜欢橄榄球 |
[08:37] | Haley hates it, which is weird | 海莉很讨厌 这很奇怪 |
[08:39] | because it’s all boys… and there’s no reading required. | 因为里面全是男孩 也不必看书 |
[08:43] | Do you know that she spends | 你知道吗 她每天早上 |
[08:44] | at least 45 minutes every morning doing her hair? | 至少花45分钟弄她的头发 |
[08:46] | And then sometimes… | 而且有的时候 |
[08:48] | Let’s go, Illini! | 冲啊 伊利诺伊队 |
[08:50] | Let’s go! Right now! | 冲啊 快冲 |
[08:52] | Looks like I gotta watch the game with Dick Butkus. | 看来我要和迪克·布特库斯一起看比赛了 |
[08:53] | [音同Dick Butt-kiss意思为鸡鸡-屁股相亲 米奇以为是讽刺同性恋的做爱方式] | |
[08:55] | Dad! Dad, come on. That’s offensive. | 老爸 别这样 太冒犯人了 |
[08:57] | Mitchell, he’s one of the greatest linebackers | 米奇尔 那人是伊利诺斯州 |
[08:58] | to ever play at Illinois… | 最棒的中后卫球员之一 |
[09:00] | and one of my personal heroes. | 也是我自己的偶像之一 |
[09:01] | And his name is “Butt-kiss”? | 难道他的名字真是”亲屁股”吗 |
[09:03] | We’re just choosing to… | 我们只是想要 |
[09:05] | Okay. All right. | 好吧 没什么 |
[09:07] | Dad, I thought you were being homophobic. I’m sorry. | 老爸 我以为你恐同呢 抱歉 |
[09:09] | – We got all night. – Yes, we do. | -我们有一整晚要相处呢 -好吧 |
[09:11] | – Are you joining us here? – Yeah. | -你要和我们一起看吗 -是的 |
[09:13] | Jay, you know what? He’s been studying up. | 杰 你知道吗 他正在钻研呢 |
[09:15] | I gotta tell ya, I’m a little worried about C.J. Hightower. | 跟你说 我有点担心C·J·海托 |
[09:17] | Right? With the bad ankle? | 没错吧 他脚踝受伤了 |
[09:19] | I’m wondering how he’s gonna run his corner routes. | 我很好奇他怎么能完成三角线路 |
[09:21] | – Hightower’s out. – What? | -海托不上场 -什么 |
[09:23] | Oh. Then who is gonna run the corner routes? | 那谁来跑三角线路 |
[09:26] | I’ll tell you who it won’t be- Billings. | 我来告诉你谁不会上吧 比林斯 |
[09:28] | That’s low. He’s in jail. | 太明显了 他在坐牢 |
[09:30] | Oh, wow. Yeah. Then no. | 是啊 他不会上 |
[09:33] | Double tight end, | 双侧边锋 |
[09:33] | it’s gonna be a quarterback roll-out to the left. | 四分卫要冲到左边了 |
[09:35] | – They’re gonna run it. – No, trust me. | -他们要成功了 -不可能 相信我 |
[09:36] | He’s got the slot. | 他抢到位置了 |
[09:37] | In the end zone! Touchdown! | 到达阵区了 触地得分 |
[09:40] | Lucky call. Maybe they, uh, should’ve considered blitzing. | 真幸运 也许 他们该考虑下闪电战 |
[09:43] | Blitzing wouldn’t have helped them. Get outta here. | 闪电战没用的 一边儿凉快去吧 |
[09:45] | Oh, gosh. Blitzing. | 天呐 闪电战 |
[09:48] | So, my interest in football ended as suddenly and dramatically… | 于是 我对橄榄球的兴趣突然消失殆尽 |
[09:52] | as the climax of West Side Story. | 就像《西区故事》在高潮时戛然而止 |
[09:54] | I’m a musical theater fan. | 我是个音乐剧迷 |
[09:57] | Surprise. | 惊讶吧 |
[10:00] | Okay. The truth? | 好吧 说实话吗 |
[10:01] | I sometimes feel like you don’t like me. | 有时候我觉得你不喜欢我 |
[10:05] | Powerful, powerful stuff. | 开门见山 重磅出击 |
[10:08] | Claire? Tell us how that makes you feel. | 克莱尔 告诉我们你怎么想 |
[10:10] | Right now, I’m feeling a lot of anger. | 此时此刻 我感到怒火中烧啊 |
[10:12] | No, don’t tell me. Tell her. | 别 别跟我说 跟她说 |
[10:14] | Gloria, right now, I’m really angry at Phil. | 歌洛莉亚 我现在很生菲尔的气 |
[10:16] | Let’s respect the process. | 别跑题了 |
[10:20] | Gloria, I don’t know | 歌洛莉亚 我不知道 |
[10:21] | why you think I don’t like you. | 为什么你觉得我不喜欢你 |
[10:23] | Sometimes when you see me, you make that face. | 有时 你在我面前会摆出那种表情 |
[10:25] | What face? | 什么表情 |
[10:26] | Like this. | 就像这样 |
[10:27] | – I do not make a face like that. – Oh, my God. | -我才没做过那种表情呢 -我的天啊 |
[10:29] | – That is so Claire. – Mitchell! | -那可是克莱尔的招牌表情 -米奇尔 |
[10:31] | See? She does that with everyone. | 看见没 她对谁都那副表情 |
[10:34] | It’s just her face. | 已经习惯成自然了 |
[10:35] | No, it’s not just the face. | 不仅仅是那种表情 |
[10:37] | From the beginning, | 从最开始到现在 |
[10:38] | I feel like Manny and I are not welcome in this family. | 我觉得我和曼尼在这个家不受欢迎 |
[10:40] | That is so crazy. | 这也太疯狂了吧 |
[10:42] | No, it’s not so crazy. It’s how I feel. | 不 一点都不疯狂 是我的真实感受 |
[10:49] | I am sorry if you feel that way. | 如果你那么想 我很抱歉 |
[10:51] | I really am, because from the moment I met you, | 真的很抱歉 从我见到你的那一刻起 |
[10:54] | I have tried to make you feel comfortable with us. | 我就想让你融入到我们当中来 |
[10:59] | You think it’s all in my head? | 你觉得这只是我自己胡思乱想 |
[11:00] | No. Kind- I don’t know. | 没 有点 我不知道 |
[11:02] | I mean, we really love having you and Manny in our family. | 我是说 我们很欢迎你和曼尼加入我们家 |
[11:06] | – Really? – Really. | -真的 -真的 |
[11:08] | So, you don’t have to be so defensive. | 所以 你用不着这么有戒心 |
[11:11] | I do that, don’t I? | 我是有戒心 是吧 |
[11:13] | Well, a bit. | 有一点吧 |
[11:15] | I’m feeling a hug. | 我觉得应该拥抱了 |
[11:19] | I was thinking group hug, | 我是想说三人群抱 |
[11:20] | – But this is nice. – I’d be there if I could. | -但这也不错 -我要能去的话就去了 |
[11:23] | Oh, my God. There’s hugging. | 天啊 这还有人搂搂抱抱呢 |
[11:24] | Haley, get off the phone already. | 海莉 不打电话会死啊 |
[11:26] | Where did you go? | 你去哪了 |
[11:27] | You heard him. | 你听见他说什么了 |
[11:28] | He said, “Get outta here.” | 他说”一边凉快去” |
[11:29] | Oh, my God. You’re such a girl. | 天啊 你真像个娇弱的小姑娘 |
[11:31] | Dad- I was coming to get a beer anyways. | 爸 反正我也想要喝杯啤酒的 |
[11:34] | Nice apology. | 你道歉真有诚意 |
[11:35] | Nice beer. | 啤酒真不错 |
[11:38] | Hey, there are the little roustabouts. | 嘿 两个壮小伙来了 |
[11:40] | – You look like you patched things up pretty good, huh? – Yeah. | -看来你们和好如初了 -没错 |
[11:43] | Oh, we can learn so much from the children. | 我们能从孩子身上学到许多东西啊 |
[11:47] | Bet it seems kind of silly now | 现在再回头想想打架的事 |
[11:48] | what you were even fighting about, huh? | 是不是觉得当时很蠢啊 |
[11:50] | – I made fun of his accent. – What accent? | -我笑他的口音 -什么口音 |
[11:53] | I made fun of him for having the same thing for lunch every day. | 我笑他每天的午餐都一样 |
[11:56] | I made fun of him because his mom used to dig coal. | 我取笑他 因为他妈妈以前是挖煤的 |
[12:00] | What? | 什么 |
[12:01] | He said you were a coal digger. | 他说你是个挖煤工 |
[12:03] | Okay. I think we can move on. | 好了 我觉得该换个话题了 |
[12:05] | Who said I was a coal digger? | 谁说我是个”挖煤工” |
[12:07] | That’s what my mom told me. | 我妈告诉我的 |
[12:09] | What’s a coal digger? | 什么是挖煤工 |
[12:10] | Sweetheart, he heard it wrong. | 宝贝 他听错了 |
[12:11] | It’s “Gold digger.” | 那叫”淘金工”[傍大款] |
[12:12] | I’m gonna have to call you back. | 我得过一会再打给你了 |
[12:14] | I really do not think that I remember ever saying that. | 我真的不记得说过这话 |
[12:17] | Well, you said in the car. | 其实 你在车里这么说过 |
[12:20] | You said it at Christmas. | 你圣诞节这么说过 |
[12:21] | – You said it in the Mexican restaurant- – Okay, | -你还在墨西哥餐厅这么说过 -好了 |
[12:23] | Mr. “Leaves His Sweatshirts at School Every Day… | 乖儿子 你每天丢三落四 |
[12:25] | Suddenly Remembers Everything,” Thank you. | 今天却记忆如神 真谢谢你了 |
[12:28] | And it was all in my head, huh? | 还说是我自己胡思乱想 哈 |
[12:30] | Oh, listen. Gloria, it was… | 听我说 歌洛莉亚 其实 |
[12:32] | like, a year ago, before I knew you. | 都是一年前的事了 那时我还不了解你呢 |
[12:35] | Nice going. | 你真行啊 |
[12:36] | Now my mom and my sister are fighting. | 搞得我妈和我姐吵架了吧 |
[12:43] | If I say something that everybody else is thinking, | 如果我说了众人都想说的话 |
[12:45] | does that make me a mean person? | 是不是意味着我很刻薄呢 |
[12:47] | Or does it make me a brave person? | 或者说我很勇敢呢 |
[12:51] | One who is courageous enough to | 我就是一个有勇气 |
[12:52] | stand up and-and say something… | 顶住压力 挺身而出 |
[12:55] | behind someone’s back | 在背后悄悄地说 |
[12:57] | to a 10-year-old. | 只敢在小孩面前说 |
[13:01] | Well, she’s pissed. | 她现在可是气疯了 |
[13:02] | Yeah. She wouldn’t even come out of her room. | 是啊 她甚至连房间都不愿意出了 |
[13:05] | Did you really have to call her that- a gold digger? | 你真的非要说她是”傍大款的”吗 |
[13:09] | Well, you know what, Dad? It was a year ago. | 知道吗 爸爸 那可是一年前 |
[13:11] | And it was a natural question to ask. | 所以人家自然而然会问啊 |
[13:14] | She’s a beautiful, hot woman, | 她那么漂亮 那么性感 |
[13:16] | and you’re not exactly, you know- | 而你却不那么 你懂的 |
[13:20] | Not exactly what? | 不那么什么 |
[13:21] | Um- Mitchell, little help? | 米奇尔 帮帮忙啊 |
[13:24] | No. You are doing great. | 不用 你说的挺好的 |
[13:26] | See, this is exactly why we sweep things under the rug- | 看见了吧 所以说家事要忍着 |
[13:29] | so people don’t get hurt. | 这样大家才不会受伤害 |
[13:31] | Yeah, until you sweep too much under the rug. | 话是没错 但如果老是忍着憋着 |
[13:33] | Then you got a lumpy rug. | 矛盾就越积越多 |
[13:34] | Creates a tripping hazard. You open yourself up to lawsuits. | 矛盾爆发的危险也越大 也会惹祸上身 |
[13:38] | Boy, you can go a really long time without blinking. | 岳父大人 你可以好长时间不眨眼啊 |
[13:48] | Gloria? It’s Phil. | 歌洛莉亚 我是菲尔 |
[13:51] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 能和你谈一会吗 |
[13:54] | Claire likes to say you can be part of the problem… | 克莱尔总是说 “你要么是问题制造者” |
[13:57] | or part of the solution. | “要么就是问题解决者” |
[13:59] | But I happen to believe that you can be both. | 而我则认为 解铃还须系铃人 |
[14:02] | Listen, Claire feels terrible. | 听着 克莱尔感到很抱歉 |
[14:06] | Why don’t you talk to her? | 要不你找她谈谈 |
[14:08] | Why? I know what she thinks- a coal digger. | 为什么 我知道她认为我是个挖煤的 |
[14:12] | You know she’s saying “Gold digger”? | 你知道她说的其实是傍大款的吧 |
[14:13] | Yes, Phil! | 我知道 菲尔 |
[14:15] | Well, I-I know she said that. | 我知道她这么说过 |
[14:16] | But that was a long time ago, | 但那是很早以前的事了 |
[14:18] | before she knew you. | 那时她尚未真正了解你 |
[14:20] | Does Jay buy me nice things? | 杰是不是给我买好东西了 |
[14:21] | Yes! Of course! All beautiful things. | 没错 当然了 全是好东西 |
[14:24] | Look at this- yellow, red, blue. | 看看这些 黄的 红的 蓝的 |
[14:27] | All the colors. | 五颜六色的 |
[14:28] | Do you think I can’t live without this? | 你认为我没了这些就活不了了吗 |
[14:31] | Take them away, Phil. | 拿走啊 菲尔 |
[14:33] | Gloria, | 歌洛莉亚 |
[14:34] | we all know you’d be fine without underwear. | 我们都知道你不穿内裤也没事 |
[14:37] | I mean, we know it’s not about that. | 我是说 我们知道你说的不是这个 |
[14:40] | No. It’s about me not being accepted by my new family. | 对 我说的是我不被这个家庭所接纳 |
[14:44] | That is not true. | 不是这样的 |
[14:46] | Gloria, look, you’re a beautiful woman. | 歌洛莉亚 听着 你是个大美女 |
[14:49] | In fact, you’re probably one of those | 其实 你很有可能 |
[14:50] | beautiful women who doesn’t even know it. | 都不知道自己是美女 |
[14:52] | No, I know it. | 不 我知道的 |
[14:54] | So it’s natural | 所以克莱尔自然 |
[14:55] | for Claire to wonder about you and her dad. | 会对你和她爸的关系产生联想啊 |
[14:59] | This family’s very protective of each other. | 这是个保护欲很强的家庭 |
[15:01] | I remember the first time Claire brought me home. | 我还记得克莱尔第一次带我去她家的时候 |
[15:04] | Do you think Jay thought I was good enough for his little girl? | 你以为杰会觉得我配得上他家千金吗 |
[15:07] | No way. But over time, | 才不会 但是过了一段时间 |
[15:10] | he realized that I loved Claire as much as he did. | 他意识到我和他一样深爱着克莱尔 |
[15:14] | And by then, Mitch had brought Cam home, | 与此同时 米奇把小卡带进家门 |
[15:15] | so I was golden. | 相比之下我就是金龟婿了 |
[15:18] | Claire just needs a little time. | 克莱尔只是需要些时间 |
[15:21] | And then, trust me, | 相信我 过段时间后 |
[15:22] | she’ll be the most loyal friend you’ve ever had. | 她就会成为你最亲的闺蜜了 |
[15:28] | You’re not leaving, are you? | 你们不是要走吧 |
[15:29] | You know, there’s kind of a lot of drama. | 你也知道 现在这儿闹得有点不愉快 |
[15:32] | – So we’re torn. – Let me ask you something. | -我们深受折磨 -我问你们点事 |
[15:34] | Your sister said that Gloria | 你姐姐说歌洛莉亚 |
[15:35] | would never go for anybody who looked like me. | 绝不会喜欢上我这种样子的男人 |
[15:39] | Now, you guys basically are like women. | 所以说 基本上 你们和女人差不多 |
[15:43] | You know, you look at guys. | 你们喜欢男人 |
[15:45] | So what do you think? | 所以你们怎么想 |
[15:47] | You’re seriously asking us if you’re attractive? | 你真是在问我们 你是否有吸引力吗 |
[15:50] | Well, I know I’m no Erik Estrada or anything. | 我知道自己算不上高帅富 |
[15:52] | – I’m just curious is all. – Dad. | -我只是好奇罢了 -爸 |
[15:55] | So if I was in one of your bars and- | 所以如果我出现在同志酒吧 然后 |
[15:59] | Righteous Brothers were on, you know. | 播着经典老歌 |
[16:01] | Would you, uh, | 你会不会 |
[16:03] | I don’t know, check me out? | 我不知道 和我搭讪 |
[16:04] | Dad, you’re really close to ruining gay for me. | 爸 你快要毁了做基佬的情调了 |
[16:08] | – All right, fine. Whatever. – Jay. Jay, now listen. | -那好 无所谓 -杰 听着 |
[16:09] | I think it’s- I just think it’s | 我觉得 我只是觉得 |
[16:12] | a little weird for a son to say this to his father. | 要一个儿子对父亲这么说实在太诡异 |
[16:14] | But for the record, I think you’re smokin’ hot. | 但我声明一下 我觉得你超性感的 |
[16:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:18] | Yeah, 100%. You’re totally my type. | 当然 百分百肯定 你绝对是我的菜 |
[16:21] | You’re dangerous, you’re getable, | 你既危险 又触手可及 |
[16:22] | you have a little “Cashola” In your pocket. | 你荷包里又装着鼓鼓的钱 |
[16:26] | Face, body, the whole- | 长相 身材 还是整体 |
[16:27] | The whole kit and caboodle, I think. Really. | 从头到脚都特帅 我觉得 真的 |
[16:32] | – What about a seven? Nine. For sure, nine. | -那有7分吗 -9分 绝对的9分 |
[16:34] | – But you knew that. – I might have lowballed a little bit. | -但你肯定知道的 -我有点低估自己了 |
[16:36] | Okay, isn’t there a game on? | 不是还有比赛呢吗 |
[16:40] | – Touchy. – I know. | -他太敏感 -我知道 |
[16:46] | Gloria? Come on, let’s- let’s talk about this. | 歌洛莉亚 拜托 我们好好谈谈 |
[16:49] | I’ve seen her kick in a door before. | 我可见过她破门而入过 |
[16:57] | I don’t know what my husband is saying to you or… | 我不知道我丈夫和你说了什么 或者 |
[17:00] | why he’s covered in your underwear. | 为什么他浑身都是你的内裤 |
[17:04] | Obviously I’m trying to seduce him for his money. | 很显然我是看上他的钱了呗 |
[17:07] | ‘Cause that’s what I do, right? | 因为我就是这样的人嘛 对不对 |
[17:09] | What do I have to give back… | 我究竟要付出什么 |
[17:11] | so that everyone trusts me? Huh? | 才能得到大家的信任啊 |
[17:15] | – These earrings? – No. | -耳环吗 -不是 |
[17:17] | – What? This bracelet? – No. | -那是什么 手镯吗 -不是 |
[17:19] | – My new dress? – No. | -还是我的新裙子 -不是 |
[17:25] | I didn’t respond because… | 我没出声是因为 |
[17:28] | this shouldn’t be about me. | 其实关键不在于我 |
[17:33] | It should be about you… | 而在于你 |
[17:34] | talking to you… about it. | 和你 好好谈 一谈 |
[17:41] | Phil? Honey? | 菲尔 亲爱的 |
[17:43] | No, no, no. No. | 不 不 不 不用 |
[17:46] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[17:50] | I don’t know what to say | 我不知道该说些什么 |
[17:52] | except for that I am really, really sorry. | 只能说我真的非常非常抱歉 |
[17:55] | Just tell me one thing. | 你就告诉我一件事 |
[17:57] | How do you really feel that I’m with your father? | 对于我和你爸的关系 你到底怎么想 |
[18:00] | Uh, well- | 其实 |
[18:02] | Honestly, at first, it was hard. | 说实话 一开始 我很难接受 |
[18:03] | I mean, you don’t expect to wake up one morning… | 我是说 谁都不会期望有一天醒来后发现 |
[18:06] | with a new mom who looks like she fell off a mud flap. | 多了一个比自己还年轻性感的后妈吧 |
[18:09] | But… I’m getting used to it. | 但是 我正慢慢去习惯 |
[18:12] | And the important thing is you make him happy, | 而且 重要的是你能让他幸福 |
[18:16] | which you do in- in so many ways, | 用你的各种方法 |
[18:20] | so many colors. | 五颜六色的方法 |
[18:24] | Are we okay? | 我们和好了吗 |
[18:27] | – No. – No? | -没 -没 |
[18:29] | You embarrassed me in front of everyone downstairs. | 你让我在所有人面前出丑了 |
[18:31] | What, I’m supposed just to forget about it? | 怎么 要我这么轻易就忘掉吗 |
[18:34] | What do you want me to do- | 那你想要怎样 |
[18:35] | just embarrass myself so we’re even? | 让我也出丑 这样我们就扯平了 |
[18:37] | Go jump in the pool. | 跳进泳池 |
[18:39] | Oh, you mean go jump in a lake. Right. | 是让我离你远点 是吧 |
[18:41] | Go jump in the pool with your clothes on. | 我是让你穿着衣服跳进泳池 |
[18:43] | Then I know you’re sorry. | 那样我就知道你的歉意了 |
[18:45] | I’m not gonna do that, Gloria. | 我是不会跳的 歌洛莉亚 |
[18:47] | Okay. Then I won’t forgive you. | 好的 那我也不会原谅你 |
[18:52] | Now a field goal beats us. | 再来个定位球 我们就输了 |
[18:54] | Hey, you guys work that out? | 你们俩和好了吗 |
[18:55] | Almost. Gloria just wants me to jump in the pool. | 差不多了 歌洛莉亚想让我跳进泳池 |
[18:57] | – Okay then. – What? | -那好吧 -什么 |
[18:59] | If they could get a pass rush on ’em, something, a break. | 他们咋就不来个突破 或者请求暂停啊 |
[19:08] | This is so awesome. | 太赞了 |
[19:10] | I know. Mom does not look good wet. | 我知道 我妈浑身湿透很难看的 |
[19:12] | Gloria, is this really necessary? | 歌洛莉亚 这真有必要吗 |
[19:14] | Dad, it’s fine. It’s fine. If I need to jump in this water… | 爸 没事 如果我跳进泳池 |
[19:17] | to prove to Gloria how sorry I am, I will do it. | 能证明我对歌洛莉亚的歉意 那我就跳 |
[19:19] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[19:22] | You’re serious? You’re not gonna stop me? | 你来真的吗 你就不拦我一下 |
[19:24] | Why would I do that? | 我干嘛要拦 |
[19:25] | Because I am standing here. | 因为我已经站这了 |
[19:27] | I am showing you my willingness to- | 我已经证明了我的诚意 |
[19:30] | No? | 不行是吧 |
[19:38] | – Are you happy? – Yes! I forgive you! | -你高兴了吧 -没错 我原谅你了 |
[19:41] | Then give me your hand. | 那就拉我一把 |
[19:43] | Oh, that’s the oldest trick in the book. | 这招早就烂大街了 |
[19:44] | – She’s gonna pull you in there. – No! | -她要把你也拉进池里 -我才不 |
[19:47] | And that’s my job. | 所以我来帮你 |
[19:52] | This is funny, but this is also a teaching moment. | 真有趣 但同时也给我们上了一课 |
[19:54] | – Yeah! – Think about…No! | -是吧 -好好想想 不 |
[20:02] | Cannonball! | 大炸弹来啦 |
[20:08] | The snap! Fumble! | 向后传球 失误了 |
[20:11] | How could he fumble that? | 怎么会传球失误呢 |
[20:12] | Center blew the snap. | 都怪中卫 |
[20:13] | You know what?I hate that. | 你知道吗 我最讨厌这么说了 |
[20:14] | I played center, | 我以前就是中卫 |
[20:15] | and I always got blamed for a quarterback’s clumsy hands. | 明明是四分卫笨手笨脚 却让我背黑锅 |
[20:17] | Well, I was a quarterback, and it was probably your fault. | 我当过四分卫 这可能确实是你的错 |
[20:19] | It’s impossible to fumble the ball… | 如果四分卫把手的位置放正确了 |
[20:21] | when the quarterback has the proper hand placement. | 传球怎么可能会失误呢 |
[20:24] | It’s weird to think of a woman being sexually attracted to Dad. | 要有女性认为老爸有吸引力那就太诡异了 |
[20:27] | No, you wanna hear weird? | 不 你知道什么才诡异吗 |
[20:28] | Cam said he’d pick up dad at a gay bar. | 小卡说他会在同志酒吧找老爸搭讪 |
[20:31] | Ooh. How did that come up? | 这是唱的哪出啊 |
[20:32] | Mmm, I’m really trying to block it out. | 嗯嗯 我正想忘记这事呢 |
[20:34] | As far as I’m concerned, | 我觉得嘛 |
[20:34] | Mom and Dad had sex two times. | 老爸老妈也就上过两次床 |
[20:37] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[20:38] | Okay, get your hands up there | 好 把你的手放到这上来 |
[20:39] | like you’re lifting me off the ground. | 就像你要把我举起来一样 |
[20:41] | Be one with me, Jay. There you go. | 和我合为一体 杰 这就成了 |
[20:43] | Do you wanna get something to eat? | 你想不想吃点东西 |
[20:45] | I am never eating again. | 我恶心得什么都吃不下了 |
[20:46] | Just snap the damn thing. | 赶紧传那该死的球 |
[20:49] | Perfect. That one kinda hurt. | 完美 就是有点疼 |