时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Bravo! Bravo! | 太棒啦 太厉害啦 |
[00:17] | Bravo! | 好样的 |
[00:19] | Bravo! | 棒极了 |
[00:21] | Bravo, Manny! Bravo! | 太厉害了 曼尼 厉害 |
[00:24] | Well, when I heard Manny wanted to fence, I was, like, | 当我听说曼尼想学击剑时 我心想 |
[00:26] | “Sure. Uncoordinated kid, lethal weapon. | 笨手笨脚的孩子 配上致命的利器 |
[00:29] | How can this go wrong?” | 能有比这还糟的吗 |
[00:35] | What do you think now? | 现在你的看法又如何呢 |
[00:38] | I’m proud of our little Zorro. | 我们的小佐罗真让我骄傲 |
[00:39] | I mean I worked with him a little, but the kid’s got skills. | 虽说我也教过他几招 但他的确有天赋 |
[00:42] | It’s in his blood. His father was a master swordsman. | 那是与生俱来的 他爹就是个剑术大师 |
[00:46] | He was an artist with his sword. | 堪称剑道里的艺术家 |
[00:48] | I mean, the way he throws the sword. | 他英姿焕发 挥剑抬足的样子 |
[00:51] | I mean, he was legendary. | 他就是传奇 |
[00:52] | You know this nice moment I’m having with your son? | 你知道我在享受和你儿子的父子时刻吗 |
[00:54] | – You’re kind of wrecking it. – Sorry. | -你有点破坏气氛了 -对不起 |
[01:00] | Did you know that fencing goes back to the 12th century? | 你们知道剑术起源于12世纪吗 |
[01:02] | You know what’s even nerdier than fencing? | 你知道什么比击剑还呆吗 |
[01:05] | Knowing when it began. | 了解它的起源 |
[01:06] | I don’t think you’re a nerd, Alex. | 我可不认为你是呆子 艾丽克斯 |
[01:08] | Shut up, dork. | 闭嘴吧 呆子 |
[01:10] | All right. That’s my boy! | 就是这样 乖儿子 |
[01:15] | Would this be easier… | 我们不如用起重机帮你 |
[01:16] | if we suspended you from a crane? | 把这玩意吊起来吧 |
[01:18] | Any monkey can shoot a home movie. | 家庭录像谁都会拍 |
[01:21] | I pride myself on shooting home films. | 但只有我能拍出家庭电影的感觉 |
[01:23] | But, Cameron, you always just take things a little too far. | 但是小卡 你做事总是做得太过了 |
[01:25] | No, I don’t. | 我才没有 |
[01:25] | – Okay, your nephew’s first birthday. – That’s not fair. | -你侄子的周岁生日 -说那事儿不公平 |
[01:27] | You brought a wind machine. | 你带了台鼓风机去 |
[01:29] | – To be fair, – Cameron, | -老实说 -卡梅隆 |
[01:30] | – my vision was- – you brought a wind machine. | -我本来是要 -那可是鼓风机呀 |
[01:32] | Who puts wheels on cribs? | 谁会在婴儿床上装轮子 |
[01:42] | Ay! Sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[01:45] | That’s okay. | 尽管抱 |
[01:46] | No. No, no, no, no! My phone died. | 不不不不 我手机没电了 |
[01:49] | No biggie. Your battery probably just statically defracticated. | 没什么 大概是你手机电池没静电了 |
[01:52] | What? | 什么 |
[01:53] | It means you can recharge it with static electricity. | 你给它充点静电就行了 |
[01:56] | Just rub it on your hair. | 在你头发上蹭蹭就好了 |
[02:01] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[02:02] | You know, I used to go to the houses of my friends, | 我以前去朋友家 |
[02:04] | I’d see their kids’ trophies, | 看见他们小孩得的奖杯 |
[02:05] | and it used to bug me, you know, | 心里都特别不舒服 |
[02:06] | because there was never a trophy in my house. | 因为我家从来没得过奖杯 |
[02:09] | Not until this one. | 直到她的出现 |
[02:13] | Oh, that’s a good grip. | 你的手劲真大 |
[02:18] | Can we switch seats? | 和我换换位置吧 |
[02:21] | Cam, people are staring. | 小卡 别人在看你呢 |
[02:22] | I know you’re not supposed to care, | 我知道父母不该在意这些事 |
[02:24] | but it’s kind of cool to have a kid in your house | 但是家里有个有特长的孩子 |
[02:26] | who’s the best at something. | 感觉挺不错的 |
[02:27] | You know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思吧 |
[02:31] | – Yeah, our kids are great. – They’re the greatest. | -我家小孩都很棒 -他们是最棒的 |
[02:34] | – Gosh, we’re blessed. – We are. But, um, | -我们真幸运 -没错 不过呢 |
[02:37] | are they the best at something? | 要说他们有什么特长吗 |
[02:40] | I’d have to think about that. | 我得好好想想 |
[02:41] | Well, Alex is great at every single thing she tries, | 只要艾丽克斯想做的 她都能做到最好 |
[02:44] | – so, you know, she’ll find her specialty. – She will. | -所以她总会找到自己的特长 -是的 |
[02:46] | And Haley is- | 至于海莉嘛 |
[02:53] | Haley is so pretty. | 海莉长得多漂亮啊 |
[02:55] | – Gorgeous, gorgeous girl. – Oh, gosh. | -美若天仙 我女儿美若天仙 -没错 |
[02:57] | So she can meet someone who’s the best at something. | 所以她可以嫁个有特长的男人 |
[03:00] | That’s right. | 说的对 |
[03:01] | And then, uh, I guess that leaves Luke. | 然后 还剩下卢克 |
[03:08] | We dropped the ball a little bit on that one. | 他是有点输在起跑线上了 |
[03:10] | Yeah, a little bit. | 的确 有那么一点 |
[03:24] | Bravo! | 厉害 |
[03:26] | How about a nice round of applause for our winner, Manny Delgado. | 请为我们的胜利者曼尼·迪尔加多鼓掌 |
[03:31] | Manny now moves on to the championship, | 曼尼晋级了总冠军争夺赛 |
[03:33] | where he’ll be competing against Caroline Markum. | 他将对阵卡罗琳·马可 |
[03:37] | We’ll see you all back here at 4:30. | 请在四点半准时到场观看比赛 |
[03:40] | – All right. – Bravo. | -太好了 -儿子你真棒 |
[03:47] | What she said. | 我想说的和她一样 |
[03:50] | Wow. This means more to Dad than it does to Manny. | 老爸比曼尼还激动啊 |
[03:52] | Yeah, it’s his chance to be father of a champion. | 是啊 这可是他成为冠军之父的机会 |
[03:54] | Well, second chance. | 其实 以前也有过机会 |
[03:55] | We all know how the first time went. | 我们都知道那次是怎么错过了 |
[03:58] | Did I say something wrong? | 我说错什么了吗 |
[03:59] | No, no. I’m- I’m very happy for Manny.That’s all. | 没 才没呢 我只是太为曼尼高兴了 |
[04:04] | Everything’s always about Claire. Geez. | 什么事都能扯到她身上 神啊 |
[04:06] | I wanna thank you guys for coming by and supporting the kid. | 谢谢你们过来支持我儿子 |
[04:09] | You guys are the best! | 你们是最棒的家人 |
[04:10] | Why, Claire? | 为什么受伤的总是我 克莱尔 |
[04:15] | Really? | 不是吧你 |
[04:19] | That took a while. | 你怎么去了那么久 |
[04:20] | She’s been asleep for 20 minutes. | 她20分钟前就睡着了 |
[04:22] | It just took me some time to sneak out without waking her up. | 为了不弄醒她 我不得不悄悄溜走 |
[04:25] | Kind of like the first time you slept over here. | 就像你第一次在这里过夜那样 |
[04:27] | I had a meeting. | 我那是要溜出去开会 |
[04:29] | All right. Let’s talk about why you got your panties in a bunch. | 好吧 我们来谈谈让你心烦意乱的原因 |
[04:32] | What’s up with you and your sister? | 你和你姐之间到底怎么了 |
[04:34] | – Nothing is up. – Mm-hmm. | -什么都没有 -是吗 |
[04:38] | Or could this have something to do with… ice skating? | 是不是和滑冰那事有关呀 |
[04:43] | When Mitchell and Claire were kids. | 米奇尔和克莱尔小时候 |
[04:44] | This is interesting to no one. | 没人想听这个故事 |
[04:45] | Excuse, please. Let me finish. Thank you. | 拜托 让我讲完 谢谢 |
[04:48] | – When Mitchell was 10 – Eleven. | -在米奇尔10岁时 -11岁 |
[04:50] | And Claire was 13, they | 克莱尔13岁时 他们是 |
[04:51] | – were competitive ice dancers. – Figure skaters! | -一对实力雄厚的冰舞小将 -是花样滑冰 |
[04:53] | Oh, for God’s sakes, I’ll tell the story. Yes, | 算了 还是换我来说吧 是的 |
[04:55] | my sister and I were actually a very good team. | 我姐和我真心是一对完美搭档 |
[04:58] | We were called “Fire and Nice.” | 我们的组合叫”柔情似火” |
[05:00] | I was Fire, because of the red hair, and Claire was Nice, | 我的红发象征火焰 克莱尔代表柔情 |
[05:04] | because it was ironic and she wasn’t. | 那是为了讽刺她一点不温柔 |
[05:06] | And Mitchell is still upset | 米奇尔到现在还耿耿于怀 |
[05:08] | because Claire quit the team right before some meet. | 因为克莱尔在某场比赛前临阵脱逃了 |
[05:10] | “Some meet.” The 13-and-under regional championships. | 什么某场 那是13岁以下地区总决赛 |
[05:13] | Just the Emerald City at the end of my yellow brick road. | 那是我人生黄砖路尽头辉煌的翡翠城 |
[05:16] | – Wow. You did it. – What? | -哇 你成功了 -什么 |
[05:18] | You made figure skating sound even gayer. | 成功地把滑冰描述得更基情了 |
[05:23] | So, seeing your dad so proud of Manny… | 看到你老爸那么为曼尼骄傲 |
[05:24] | didn’t stir up any resentment? | 你都没有不爽吗 |
[05:26] | – Mm-mmm. – Oh. | -才没有 -好吧 |
[05:29] | Okay, fine. You always do this. | 好吧 你总是这样 |
[05:30] | Instead of letting your feelings out, you bury them, | 不断压抑自己的情感 |
[05:32] | and then they bubble up later in hurtful ways. | 等到某一刻再伤人地爆发 |
[05:35] | Okay, you know what? Yes. All right, listen. | 好啦 你说对了 听着 |
[05:38] | I might still be holding a little resentment, | 我或许仍有些不满 |
[05:40] | but that’s… embarrassing and petty | 可那很丢人 又显得心胸狭隘 |
[05:43] | and it’s not a good color on me. | 我再那样也不合适了 |
[05:46] | It’s kind of like you and yellow. | 就像你不适合黄颜色 |
[05:48] | You love me in my yellow shirt. | 你不是很喜欢我穿黄色衣服吗 |
[05:50] | It makes you look like the sun. | 黄色让你看起来像个太阳 |
[05:52] | Bubbling. Hurtful bubbling. | 爆发了 伤人地爆发了 |
[05:54] | Now you know why I left early that morning. | 现在你知道我那早为何溜走了 |
[05:57] | I knew you didn’t have a meeting, Cam. I knew it. | 我就知道你不是开会 小卡 我就知道 |
[06:04] | There must be something wrong with this phone. | 这手机肯定出了什么毛病 |
[06:06] | I’ve rubbed it on my head for, like, an hour. | 我都在头上蹭一个钟头了 |
[06:09] | What? Alex. | 什么 艾丽克斯 |
[06:11] | Oh, you’re such a geek. | 天啊 你真是个怪胎 |
[06:14] | At least I didn’t give myself a bald spot. | 至少我没把头皮磨秃 |
[06:16] | Oh, my God! Mom! | 天啊 妈妈 |
[06:18] | Alex, don’t be mean. | 艾丽克斯 别这么刻薄 |
[06:19] | Haley, stop making yourself such an easy target. | 海莉 你也别那么容易掉入陷阱 |
[06:22] | This feels right, buddy. I’m telling you, this feels right. | 就是这样 老弟 就是这样 |
[06:24] | – What are you guys doing? – Pursuing excellence. | -你们要去哪 -去创造天才 |
[06:26] | We make a list of areas the boy might excel at | 我们帮卢克列了个成功潜力表 |
[06:29] | – and… baseball. – Love it. | -然后选择了棒球 -不错 |
[06:32] | Yeah. I read it only takes 10,000 hours to achieve excellence. | 是啊 书上说一万小时的训练就能练成天才 |
[06:35] | You’ve already got, what, how many hours playing ball? | 你已经练了 你大概练多久了 |
[06:37] | Well, I played, like, one season, so, like, 6,000 hours? | 我练一个赛季了 得有六千小时吧 |
[06:43] | Yeah. I can see why you ruled out math. | 怪不得你们没选数学 |
[06:45] | Yeah, of course I want Luke to be successful. | 我当然想要卢克成功 |
[06:48] | But I don’t think that a parent can just force that. | 可我不喜欢揠苗助长 |
[06:51] | I think you just have to have | 我觉得你只要有信心 |
[06:54] | faith that the kid’s gonna find his own way. | 孩子们会发现自己的闪光点 |
[06:57] | Besides, Luke already is the best at something- being my son. | 再说 能成为我儿子 已经够卢克骄傲了 |
[07:04] | It sounded a lot less lame in my head. | 这话说出口来就弱掉了 |
[07:07] | I have got a good feeling about this. | 我预感这将会进展顺利 |
[07:10] | This is gonna be your sport. | 你肯定是打棒球的料 |
[07:12] | Last year, you said basketball was my sport. | 去年你说过我是打篮球的料 |
[07:14] | Look, I’ve said a lot of things I wish I could take back but I can’t. | 听着 我说过很多让我追悔莫及的话 |
[07:18] | What I can do… | 我能做的 |
[07:20] | is be the dad you need me to be to help you become masterful. | 只有当一个能够帮助你登上顶峰的爸爸 |
[07:25] | – You wanna be masterful? – I guess. | -你想登峰造极吗 -大概吧 |
[07:27] | There’s my killer! Okay. | 真是个好孩子 好吧 |
[07:29] | Our journey of 10,000 hours… | 我们一万小时的训练计划 |
[07:32] | begins with a single pitch. | 就从简单的投球开始吧 |
[07:36] | I believe in my boy. | 我看好你哟 |
[07:38] | I ain’t gonna quit you. | 我不会放弃你的 |
[07:40] | Let’s burn one in here. | 投一个过来 |
[07:42] | That’s good. That’s a good start. | 很好 你开了一个好头 |
[07:45] | Okay, you rest that cannon while I run this down, okay? | 你休息一下 我去捡球 |
[07:50] | Okay, let’s keep all the batters right here. | 尽量往这个方向投球 |
[07:53] | Oh, should’ve- should’ve worn my cup. Should’ve worn my cup. | 我该把护裆穿上 真该把护裆穿上 |
[07:57] | Home run! | 全垒打[打进家里] |
[07:59] | This one’s really in here, buddy. | 球肯定在这里的某处 老弟 |
[08:06] | Okay. Very, very, very, very good first hour. | 很好 第一个小时真是非常非常不错 |
[08:09] | Toss me your glove. I’ll put some oil on it. | 把手套给我 我给它上点油 |
[08:26] | – Everything okay? – Yes. | -没事吧 -没事 |
[08:28] | I was telling my grandmother how great was Manny today. | 我刚告诉奶奶 曼尼今天有多厉害 |
[08:31] | So that wasn’t angry talk? | 你不是在吵架啊 |
[08:32] | No, silly. That was happy talk. | 才不是 傻瓜 我聊得开心呢 |
[08:34] | I’m beginning to understand | 我开始了解 |
[08:35] | why there’s so much conflict on your continent. | 为啥你们南美那么多暴力冲突了 |
[08:38] | Here. Check this out. | 来 看看这个 |
[08:40] | Ah, Jay. | 哦 杰 |
[08:43] | Jay loves to make T-shirts for special occasions. | 杰喜欢为特殊时刻制作纪念衫 |
[08:46] | Come on, baby. Show them. | 来吧 宝贝 给他们瞧瞧 |
[08:48] | A few years back, my granddaughter Haley ran a 5K, | 几年前 我孙女海莉跑五千米 |
[08:51] | so I had a few of these made up. | 于是我做了一些这样的衬衫 |
[08:54] | It’s just fun. | 太好玩了 |
[08:58] | I love it when you’re so proud of Manny. | 我很高兴你那么为曼尼骄傲 |
[09:00] | You know, I’m not gonna lie. | 确实 老实说 |
[09:01] | Seeing him out there slicing those kids to pieces, | 看见他把那些小孩打得落花流水 |
[09:03] | you know, it gets to ya. | 我真是开心 |
[09:04] | – Gracias, mi amor. – I’m sorry to interrupt. | -多谢你 宝贝 -很抱歉打断你们 |
[09:08] | – It’s okay, papi. – Hey, champ! I got a little something for you. | -没事 -小冠军 给你点小东西 |
[09:11] | And I have something for you. Here. | 我也正要给你个东西 拿着 |
[09:15] | I will not be needing it anymore. | 我不再需要它了 |
[09:17] | – But the finals? – I am retired. | -那决赛怎么办 -我要退役了 |
[09:26] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等下 等下 等下 |
[09:29] | You can’t retire. | 你不能退役啊 |
[09:30] | It’s just not fun anymore. | 我觉得这不好玩了 |
[09:32] | Well, that’s probably just butterflies. | 那只是你一时冲动 |
[09:34] | Come on. You’re gonna be fine. | 拜托 你没问题的 |
[09:36] | Look, if he doesn’t want to, it’s his decision. | 听着 如果他不想比 那是他的决定 |
[09:39] | Ah, the hell it is. | 决定个鬼 |
[09:41] | He shouldn’t be doing anything that makes him nervous. | 他觉得太紧张 就别逼他做 |
[09:43] | Papi, I support you. | 宝贝 我支持你 |
[09:45] | I’m not nervous. I just don’t want to fight a girl. | 我不是紧张 我只是不想和一个女孩对决 |
[09:48] | What? | 什么 |
[09:49] | Defeating a woman will be a mark on my honor. | 赢过一个女人会是我荣誉册上的污点 |
[09:52] | Why? | 为啥 |
[09:52] | Because men are always so superior to woman? | 因为你们男人总是比我们女人厉害吗 |
[09:57] | So superior that you cannot even finish your sentence? | 你厉害得连话都说不全了吗 |
[10:01] | Dude. | 老弟 |
[10:03] | Manny, you always call yourself the lover of women, | 曼尼 你常称自己为女人的贴心小情人 |
[10:07] | but if you don’t compete with this girl, | 如果你不和那女孩比赛 |
[10:09] | you’re showing me and all the woman that you don’t respect us. | 就说明你根本不尊重我们女人 |
[10:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:15] | Okay, so, take back your sword… | 所以 拿回你的剑 |
[10:18] | – and go fight this girl like a bull. – Okay. | -像个公牛一样打败她 -好的 |
[10:21] | – Can’t hear you! – Okay! | -说大声点 -好的 |
[10:23] | – I can’t hear you! – That’s really as loud as I can go. | -再大声点 -那真是我最大嗓门了 |
[10:28] | What does it take to make a great salesman? | 如何成为一名好的推销员 |
[10:30] | It’s no big secret. | 其实没什么窍门 |
[10:31] | You just follow the ABC’s of salesmanship: Always Be Closing. | 只要遵从销售的基本法则 “一定要成交” |
[10:35] | Don’t ever forget | 永远不要忘记 |
[10:35] | great home ideas just keep lurking, mostly nearby. | 好的房屋卖点就藏在你身边 |
[10:38] | Often people question realtors’ sincerity. | 人们通常会质疑房产经纪人的诚实度 |
[10:41] | Take umbrage. Violators will- | 你马上装作生气 冒犯者就会 |
[10:43] | Oh, shoot. X- X- | 糟了 什么词是X开头的… |
[10:44] | And this is the great room, | 这间屋子真心棒 |
[10:46] | although “Great” hardly seems to do a room like this justice. | 即使”棒”这个词已经配不上这间屋了 |
[10:49] | Weird, squiggly painting not included. | 请忽略这幅诡异的弯弯曲曲的画 |
[10:52] | – I actually love it. – I do too. | -其实我挺喜欢这画的 -我也喜欢 |
[10:53] | It’s really beautiful. | 真美 |
[10:54] | Um, all custom built-ins, and you will notice just- | 橱柜都是定制内嵌的 你会发现 |
[10:57] | just tons of natural light, so that’s great. | 房子采光充足 多好啊 |
[11:00] | Did I need the sale? Yes. | 我想做成这笔生意吗 当然想 |
[11:02] | Was I worried? No. | 但我为之担心吗 当然不 |
[11:03] | Why? Because. Because why? | 为啥 因为 因为啥呢 |
[11:05] | Because I won’t sell anything I don’t believe in. | 因为我不会推销我不相信的东西 |
[11:09] | And when I believe, you believe. | 当我信了 你也会信的 |
[11:13] | I could sell a fur coat to an Eskimo. | 我能把皮毛大衣卖给一个爱斯基摩人 |
[11:15] | Yeah, Phil, I’m sorry. It’s a beautiful house. | 菲尔 很抱歉 这个房子很漂亮 |
[11:18] | But I’m just not sure how kid-friendly it is, | 只是我不确定这是否适合孩子居住 |
[11:20] | and we have two small children. | 我们有两个小孩 |
[11:21] | I mean, these stairs alone. | 光是这些楼梯 |
[11:22] | Dad, this place is awesome. | 老爸 这地方酷毙了 |
[11:23] | – Not now, Luke. – Did you see the backyard? | -现在不行 卢克 -你看后院了吗 |
[11:25] | It’s got room for 10 tree houses. | 足以放下十间树屋呢 |
[11:27] | And the bedroom’s got a window on the ceiling. | 卧室的天花板上有窗户 |
[11:30] | I wish we could live here. | 我希望我们也能住在这儿 |
[11:31] | – I wish you’d go back out to the patio where- – Do you really? | -我希望你回露台去 -真的吗 |
[11:35] | Oh, yeah. Our house sucks compared to this one. | 是的 我家房子比这差多了 |
[11:40] | It really does. | 确实差太多 |
[11:45] | There you are. | 你们回来啦 |
[11:46] | I’m gonna get changed and | 我去换衣服 |
[11:47] | then we’ll go back to Manny’s match, okay? | 然后一起去看曼尼的比赛 |
[11:48] | – Dad doesn’t want me to go. – What? Why? | -爸爸不希望我去 -什么 为什么 |
[11:52] | Remember when you were all worried that our son’s a dud? | 还记得你曾担心咱儿子很没用吗 |
[11:54] | Okay. That’s not exactly the way I remember it. | 我印象中可没说”没用”什么的 |
[11:57] | Turns out he’s a natural. | 实验证明 他很有天分 |
[11:59] | – At what? – At selling. | -哪方面 -推销 |
[12:03] | Hey, Titans of residential real estate. | 住宅房地产的泰坦巨神们 |
[12:05] | That’s right, I’m talking to you, | 对 哥就说你们呢 |
[12:06] | Sandy Brewster, Skip Woosnum, J.J. McCubbin. | 桑迪·布鲁斯特 斯奇普·沃思南 麦卡宾 |
[12:10] | Hear those footsteps? That’s Luke Dunphy, | 听到后浪的脚步了吗 那是卢克·邓菲 |
[12:13] | and he’s gonna drink your milk shake. | 他要把你们拍死在沙滩上了 |
[12:17] | That’s amazing. | 不可思议 |
[12:19] | – Right? – Incredible. | -对吧 -难以置信 |
[12:20] | So, the buyer’s coming back | 然后买家将在一个小时内 |
[12:22] | in an hour with her husband, and I need him. | 和她丈夫一起过来 我需要卢克 |
[12:23] | I am telling you, that kid is a genius. | 告诉你 这孩子是个天才 |
[12:25] | There’s the rainmaker. | 我们的招财小神童驾到 |
[12:28] | – Why is your iPod in your mouth? – I’m charging it. | -你的iPod怎么在嘴里 -给它充电呢 |
[12:31] | Alex. Alex! | 艾丽克斯 艾丽克斯 |
[12:39] | So, there’s no part of you | 难道你一点也不想 |
[12:40] | that wants to clear the air with your sister? | 和你姐姐消除误会吗 |
[12:43] | Nope. | 不想 |
[12:43] | Okay, fine. That’s your family’s way. I’ll respect that. | 好吧 我尊重你家的处事方式 |
[12:45] | But you should know, it’s hard on the people who love you. | 但你该知道 这对爱你的人来说很难受 |
[12:48] | – Cam – We feel the tension. | -小卡 -你让我们压力山大 |
[12:49] | We hear the words that cut like knives. | 你说的话句句伤人 |
[12:52] | Hey, guys! I brought orange slices. | 各位 我带了切好的橙子 |
[12:55] | Okay, you know what? I can’t bear this. | 好吧 我受不了了 |
[12:57] | Claire, Mitchell still resents you | 克莱尔 米奇尔仍然对你小时候 |
[12:58] | for quitting the figure skating team when you were kids. | 退出花样滑冰队的事耿耿于怀 |
[13:01] | Ladies, come inside with me, please. | 小姐们 请跟我进去 |
[13:02] | Work it out. Come on. | 你俩把问题解决了 我们走 |
[13:05] | – Thanks, Cam. – Is he serious? | -谢谢 小卡 -他说的是真的吗 |
[13:07] | Is that what your little jab was about this morning? | 所以你今早才用话攻击我吗 |
[13:10] | Okay. No. Yes. Okay, yes. Yes. | 不是 是 好吧 是这么回事 |
[13:12] | I guess I’m still a little angry. | 我想我仍然有点小生气 |
[13:13] | But, you know, you stole my moment, Claire. | 但你夺走了我的辉煌时刻 克莱尔 |
[13:16] | – Yeah, 21 years ago. – Okay, but it doesn’t matter to you… | -是 21年前 -对你来说无所谓 |
[13:18] | because you had your own moments. | 因为你有你自己的光辉时刻 |
[13:20] | You had cheerleading and high school plays | 你是啦啦队队长 参演校园剧 |
[13:22] | and making out with the quarterback. | 还与球队四分卫搞亲热 |
[13:23] | Oh come on, You made out with him too. | 拜托 你也和他搞过 |
[13:25] | Yeah, but we had to keep it a secret. | 是 但我们是偷偷摸摸的 |
[13:28] | You shouldn’t have quit. | 你不该退出 |
[13:29] | – It was selfish. – You wanna know why I quit? | -太自私了 -想知道我退出的原因吗 |
[13:32] | – I quit to protect you. – From what? | -为了保护你 -保护什么 |
[13:35] | Glory? Fame? Press conferences? | 得到荣誉 名声还是记者招待会 |
[13:36] | What? Come on. I was bigger than you. | 别这样 我那时比你重 |
[13:38] | I was bigger than you, | 我比你重 |
[13:39] | and I was afraid you wouldn’t be able to lift me. | 我害怕你举不动我 |
[13:41] | You were dropping me in practice, | 练习的时候你摔了我 |
[13:43] | – And I didn’t want you to – I dropped you twice. | -我不想让你 -就摔过两次 |
[13:45] | – Three times. – humiliate yourself in front of all those people. | -三次 -在那么多人面前丢脸 |
[13:47] | You dropped me all the time. | 我一直被你摔 |
[13:50] | Come on. Could you just forgive me and move on? | 行啦 你就原谅我 忘掉过去吧 |
[13:57] | Of course. Yes, yes. Yes, of- I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 当然可以 没错 对不起 |
[14:01] | Oh. This must seem so petty, huh? | 我是不是很小气 |
[14:04] | Well, it’s a little silly, but we all have our thing, don’t we? | 只是有点傻 但我们都有些小心结 不是吗 |
[14:07] | I’m just glad you’re getting it out of you. | 很高兴你能释怀了 |
[14:10] | Are you trying to lift me? You are. You’re trying to lift me. Oh! | 你是在举我吗 你真的是想把我举起来 |
[14:19] | Stay focused, stay loose and stay angry. | 保持专注 保持冷静 保持怒气 |
[14:23] | – Who’s the toughest? – I am. | -谁最强悍 -我 |
[14:26] | – Who’s the bravest? – I am. | -谁最勇敢 -我 |
[14:29] | Who’s the baddest? | 谁最棒 |
[14:31] | Can you guys ask all the questions now | 你们能一口气问完吗 |
[14:33] | so I don’t have to keep lifting this? | 我就不用一遍遍举起这面罩了 |
[14:35] | – Go. – Go get ’em! | -上吧 -加油 |
[14:37] | – There we go. You all set? – Yeah. | -开始了 准备好了吗 -是的 |
[14:39] | Okay, go get ’em. Good luck. | 好嘞 加油 好运哦 |
[14:42] | – Excuse me. Is this seat taken? – No. Sit. | -请问这有人坐吗 -没有 坐吧 |
[14:44] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:46] | – Oh, is Manny yours? – Yes. | -曼尼是你家孩子吗 -是的 |
[14:48] | Oh, he’s quite good. I saw him earlier. | 他非常棒 我看过他比赛 |
[14:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:52] | – Is she your little girl? – Oh, Caroline? No. No. | -那是你女儿吗 -卡罗琳吗 不是 |
[14:55] | Sadly, her parents passed away. | 很遗憾 她的父母都过世了 |
[14:57] | I’m her nurse down at the children’s hospital. | 我是她在儿童医院的护士 |
[14:59] | But all of my patients are like family to me. | 但我视所有病人为家人 |
[15:09] | Well, our boys are enjoying themselves. | 孩子们玩得很开心 |
[15:10] | Yeah. I can talk about | 是啊 我可以谈论 |
[15:13] | crown moldings and recessed lighting until the cows come home, | 一整天的天花线和嵌入灯 |
[15:15] | but nothing compares with that sound right there. | 但没有什么能与孩子的笑声相媲美 |
[15:20] | Oh. Hey, buddy. Oh, he’s fine. | 老弟啊 他没事 |
[15:23] | My foot. I think it’s backwards. | 我的脚 我感觉脚扭过去了 |
[15:25] | – It’s not backwards. – Wh-What happened? | -没扭过去 -怎么回事 |
[15:27] | It’s the stupid floors! They’re too slippery. | 都是这破地板 太滑了 |
[15:30] | Oak. Also known as nature’s pillow. | 橡木家具也被称为自然的枕头 |
[15:32] | – It’s like ice. – Now, let’s not start blaming the floors. | -像冰一样滑 -好了 别责备地板了 |
[15:35] | – You shouldn’t have been running. – I saw a ghost. | -你不该跑的 -我看到一个鬼 |
[15:39] | Ghosts. Hey, Phil Dunphy. Okay, that’s me. | 鬼 我是菲尔·邓菲 是我的错 |
[15:44] | That’s acting like a natural shoehorn. | 这楼梯就像个天然鞋拔子 |
[15:46] | Okay. Probably better all take | 好吧 大家最好都脱了鞋 |
[15:48] | our shoes off for this part of the tour. Follow me. | 再上楼参观 跟我来 |
[15:51] | She’s our little miracle. | 她是我们的奇迹 |
[15:53] | Oh. I only wish her father had made it back | 要是她爸爸没死在阿富汗战场 |
[15:56] | from Afghanistan to see this. | 还能来看比赛就好了 |
[16:00] | Oh, there’s our cheering section. | 我们的啦啦队来了 |
[16:01] | Over here, you guys. | 这边 朋友们 |
[16:08] | Oh, my God. We have to stop him. | 我的神呐 我们必须阻止他 |
[16:18] | Maybe I can pull the fire alarm. | 也许我可以拉响火警警报器 |
[16:21] | Expect no mercy. | 别指望我会手软 |
[16:24] | Bring it on, big boy. | 放马过来吧 小子 |
[16:29] | I’m-I’m glad Dad’s proud of Manny. I am. | 我很高兴爸爸为曼尼骄傲 真的 |
[16:31] | I just- It would have been nice to see him that proud of us. | 我只是希望看到他为我们骄傲 |
[16:37] | By us, I mean me. | 我说我们 其实是指我自己 |
[16:40] | And you sincerely thought that the path to Dad’s approval… | 你真觉得通过花样滑冰 |
[16:42] | was going to be through figure skating? | 能得到爸爸的认可吗 |
[16:44] | Mitchell, I am fairly confident that Dad’s proudest moment… | 米奇尔 我绝对确信爸爸最骄傲的时刻 |
[16:48] | was when you finally took off the flame-red unitard. | 是你终于脱下那红色火焰紧身衣之时 |
[16:50] | I am not claiming that any of this is rational. | 我又没说我的话一定合理 |
[16:55] | I’m-I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being such a pill, okay? | 对不起 我不该这么惹人厌 |
[17:00] | Um, actually, I always felt very guilty for quitting. | 其实 我一直为退出而内疚 |
[17:05] | I know how much you loved figure skating. | 我知道你非常热爱花样滑冰 |
[17:08] | I never really loved skating. | 我从未真正喜爱过滑冰 |
[17:12] | Uh, what? | 什么 |
[17:14] | Um, all right, this is gonna sound a little gay. | 好吧 这么说感觉有点娘 |
[17:16] | But, um, when-when you and I skated together, | 但是 当我们一起滑冰的时候 |
[17:19] | you weren’t the mean older sister | 你不再是刻薄的姐姐 |
[17:21] | and I wasn’t the clingy little brother. | 我也不是缠人的小弟弟 |
[17:23] | We were- we were a team, and- | 我们是一个团队 |
[17:25] | Well, let’s face it, | 说实在的 |
[17:26] | we’ve kind of grown apart in the past few years. | 过去几年 我们之间渐渐疏远 |
[17:28] | And with Mom and Dad’s divorce, we were on opposing sides. | 因为爸妈的离婚 我们又站在对立面 |
[17:32] | And I- I just- I miss being on your team. | 我只是怀念你我并肩作战的时候 |
[17:41] | That’s… | 这… |
[17:46] | – a little gay. – There we go. | -是有点娘 -看吧 |
[17:52] | Claire, where are you going? | 克莱尔 你要去哪 |
[17:54] | Claire? | 克莱尔 |
[17:57] | No way. | 不是吧 |
[17:59] | Get up. | 起来 |
[18:01] | – Really? -Mm-m | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[18:08] | Don’t drop me. | 别把我摔了 |
[18:21] | Put it away or lose it. | 再不拿开 我给你砸了 |
[18:30] | Somebody’s got to put a stop to this. | 神呐 让这一切停止吧 |
[18:37] | That’s it, Mitchell. | 做得好 米奇尔 |
[18:48] | So, can we take you and Caroline out for ice cream? | 我们能请你们吃冰淇林吗 |
[18:51] | We can’t. She’s diabetic. | 不行啊 她有糖尿病 |
[18:54] | Of course she is. | 猜都猜到了 |
[18:56] | A round of applause for our winner, Manny Delgado. | 掌声祝贺我们的冠军 曼尼·迪尔加多 |
[19:00] | Let’s get out of here. Get this thing in the trunk. | 快走吧 把这玩意放后备箱里 |
[19:04] | I can’t decide if I’m feeling more proud or mortified. | 我都不知道我是骄傲还是窘迫了 |
[19:08] | How about now? | 那现在呢 |
[19:19] | We tell our kids it doesn’t matter if you win or lose, | 我们教育孩子们说 输赢无所谓 |
[19:21] | but let’s be honest. | 但平心而论 |
[19:24] | Winning feels pretty great. | 胜利的感觉好极了 |
[19:27] | There’s nothing like that golden moment in the sun. | 他们在阳光下的那一刻是无与伦比的美丽 |
[19:32] | I think every parent probably wants that for their child. | 也许每位家长都希望孩子能有这样的时刻 |
[19:37] | And maybe a little bit for ourselves too. | 甚至希望自己也能这样 |
[19:42] | Sometimes we push too hard. | 有时我们太苛求结果 |
[19:44] | And that leads to a lot of resentment and guilt. | 结果导致许多怨恨和愧疚 |
[19:48] | Yes! Yes! | 太棒了 |
[19:49] | So, how much is too much? Here’s where I come out. | 怎么才不算过分呢 我的想法是 |
[19:53] | Guilt fades. | 愧疚总会过去 |
[19:55] | Hardware is forever. | 奖牌才是硬道理 |
[20:08] | – You’re mad, aren’t you? – I’m not mad. | -你在生气 是吗 -没有 |
[20:10] | – Yes, you are. – No, I’m not. | -是的 你在生气 -我没生气 |
[20:11] | – You’re a little jealous. – I’m happy for the two of you. | -你有点嫉妒 -我为你俩感到高兴 |
[20:15] | All right, come on. We’ll do one. Stay there. | 好吧 我们也来一次 站在那 |
[20:17] | – For real? -Yep. | -真来呀 -当然 |
[20:29] | – Feel better? – Yeah. Oh, do me now. Come on. | -感觉好点了吗 -是 我来一次 |
[20:32] | What are you talking about? | 开什么国际玩笑 |
[20:34] | Are you serious? | 你当真 |
[20:36] | Cam, no. | 小卡 别 |