时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hey, honey, Hugh Grant has a– | 亲爱的 有一部休·格兰特… |
[00:04] | I’m in. | 算我一个 |
[00:05] | Okay, well, Alex has a cello lesson at 11:00… | 好的 艾丽克斯11点有大提琴课 |
[00:08] | and Junior Congress at noon. | 中午要参加象棋课 |
[00:09] | Doesn’t she also have no boys at forever? | 她不是还要上一辈子的光棍课吗 |
[00:12] | Don’t you have an eating disorder you need to attend to? | 你还是关心一下自己的饮食失调问题吧 |
[00:14] | Yeah, anyway, uh, we could see the 4:00 or the 6:20. | 不管怎么说 可以看4点或6:20的场 |
[00:18] | Oh, actually, that’s no good. | 实际上 那两场我都去不了 |
[00:19] | I’m meeting my friend Denise for a drink. | 我要和丹妮丝去喝点东西 |
[00:21] | Denise? Do I know Denise? | 丹妮丝 我认识吗 |
[00:22] | Yeah. You know, my old girlfriend. | 是啊 就是我前女友 |
[00:24] | Oh, my God. Gross. I can’t even picture you with a woman. | 老天 想到你和一个女人在一起就恶心 |
[00:27] | – Thank you. – You had a girlfriend before Mom? | -谢谢 -你还有前女友 |
[00:30] | Try two. | 而且是两个 |
[00:31] | Trust me. I had plenty of fun in my time. | 我之前一直过得很快活 |
[00:33] | And then I met your mom. | 直到遇见了你妈 |
[00:35] | And thank you. | 谢谢”恭维” |
[00:38] | So I guess she travels | 她应该是四处奔波 |
[00:40] | around selling makeup for a cosmetics company. | 为某个化妆品公司做推销 |
[00:42] | She’s in town for a week. | 会在城里待一周 |
[00:43] | You mean she’s like a door-to-door salesman? | 你是说 她是个挨家挨户的推销员 |
[00:46] | If you were doing it, they’d call it a dork-to-dork salesman. | 换成是你 就是个呆家呆户的推销员 |
[00:51] | My boy strikes like a rattlesnake! | 一记漂亮的突袭 |
[00:53] | Oh, yeah? W-Well, you- | 是吗 那 那你就是 |
[00:57] | Wow. All right, well, we can see the movie tomorrow. | 好了 电影明天再去看 |
[00:59] | Come on. It’s time for your lesson. | 跟我走 该去上课了 |
[01:00] | You mean her second lesson, because she just got schooled. | 是第二堂课 她刚刚可是被我教育了一课 |
[01:07] | What’s wrong with me today? | 我今天是怎么了 |
[01:08] | Shake it off, champ. It’s not your day. | 算了 宝贝 今天你的水平发挥不出来 |
[01:12] | – Ay, good morning, papi. -Is it? | -早上好 小家伙 -是吗 |
[01:16] | Ay, you’re still sad because of that audition. | 还在为试镜结果难过吗 |
[01:19] | That part was mine. I was born to play Tevye. | 那角色是我的 我生来就该演特维 |
[01:22] | Instead they give it to Rod Jackson? | 他们竟然让罗德·杰克逊来演 |
[01:23] | What does he know from suffering? | 他哪里懂什么叫受苦受难 |
[01:25] | – How are we doing? – A little better. | -情况如何 -略有起色 |
[01:27] | But we’re gonna go and throw ice cream at the problem. | 不过这问题得用冰激凌解决 |
[01:29] | Well, if that doesn’t work, this should do the trick. | 要是冰激凌都没用 就试试这个 |
[01:32] | “What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.” | “大难不死 人自更强” |
[01:35] | We can hang this in your room. | 把这个挂在你房间 |
[01:36] | You can see it every morning, start to internalize it. | 每天早晨看一眼 用心去体会 |
[01:38] | Pretty soon nothing will keep you down. | 以后什么都打不倒你 |
[01:40] | But it’s not true. | 但那话不对 |
[01:41] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[01:42] | Lots of stuff that doesn’t kill you makes you weaker. | 很多大难只会让人更脆弱 |
[01:44] | My friend’s grandfather had a heart attack. | 我朋友的爷爷只是患了心脏病 |
[01:46] | Now he needs a machine to breathe. | 现在连喘气都要靠一台机器支撑 |
[01:48] | I’ve seen him- at the supermarket. | 我见过他 就在超市里 |
[01:50] | Now he needs to drive one of those little, like- | 走到哪都得推着一台 |
[01:53] | That’s right. Be negative. | 好了 你继续悲观教育吧 |
[01:54] | It’s just not a good poster, Jay. | 那幅画确实不怎么样 杰 |
[01:57] | You’re only making me stronger. | 你的打击只会让我变得更坚强 |
[02:12] | – Did you pack the bread for the ducks? – Yes. | -喂鸭子的面包带了吗 -带了 |
[02:15] | Not the whole-wheat kind. The ducks don’t like that. | 不要全麦的 鸭子不吃 |
[02:17] | They’re ducks, Mitchell. They don’t care. | 米奇尔 鸭子是不会介意的 |
[02:18] | We both believe that | 我们都觉得 |
[02:19] | animals should play a big part in Lily’s life. | 动物在莉莉成长过程中是不可或缺的 |
[02:21] | Having grown up on a farm, I was surrounded by them. | 我在农场上长大 接触过很多动物 |
[02:24] | They were more like brothers | 它们更像是我的兄弟姐妹 |
[02:25] | and sisters than just, you know, livestock. | 而不仅仅是牲畜家禽 |
[02:28] | Delicious brothers and sisters. | 多美味的兄弟姐妹 |
[02:30] | Life on a farm- they know what they’re getting into. | 生在农场 它们深知以后的命运 |
[02:33] | Eesh. | 才怪 |
[02:36] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[02:37] | – Oh, it’s the office. -Don’t answer it. | -公司打来的 -别接 |
[02:39] | I have to. | 我必须得接 |
[02:39] | It’s like this every Saturday. Just ignore it. | 每周六都来这一套 别接了 |
[02:41] | Well, maybe it’s not that this time. Hello? | 也许这次不是呢 喂 |
[02:46] | Yeah. | 看吧 |
[02:57] | That’s nice. | 真不错 |
[03:01] | Holy- Shel? You all right, buddy? | 我靠..小壳 你还好吗 哥们 |
[03:05] | Oh, hell. | 该死 |
[03:08] | Oh, there’s four of ’em, Mitchell. | 一共4只小鸭子呢 米奇尔 |
[03:10] | They’re giving her little duck kisses. | 它们在亲莉莉 |
[03:12] | Oh, she’s laughing. I can’t believe you’re missing this. | 她笑得很开心 真遗憾你看不到 |
[03:14] | Well, why not, Cam? I’ve missed everything else. | 那又怎样 小卡 我错过的还少吗 |
[03:16] | She rolled over when I was in Phoenix. | 她第一次翻身 我在凤凰城 |
[03:18] | She started scooting when I was in court. | 她学会爬行时 我却在法庭上 |
[03:20] | Well, just tell ’em you’re not coming in. You do enough for ’em. | 告诉他们你不去加班 你做的够多的了 |
[03:24] | Well, you know that. I know that. You know? | 关于这一点 你知道 我也知道 |
[03:27] | The only one who doesn’t know that is my sucky boss. | 只有我那个混蛋老板不知道 |
[03:31] | He’s the suckiest suck of all time. | 他是有史以来最混蛋的混蛋 |
[03:34] | He’s a miserable son of a bitch who… | 他个可怜的贱人 |
[03:37] | may have heard everything I just said. | 好像听到了我刚才说的话 |
[03:48] | – Hi, honey. -Hey. | -嗨 亲爱的 -嗨 |
[03:49] | When are you getting together with your gal pal? | 什么时候去见你的女性朋友 |
[03:51] | Actually, I was just checking on that. | 事实上 我正在等消息呢 |
[03:52] | She’s supposed to send me a message. | 她还没给我发站内信 |
[03:54] | Oh, you’re Facebook friends. | 原来你加了她的Facebook |
[03:56] | Sure am. She’s one of my 447 friends. | 当然 她只是447个好友之一 |
[04:00] | Everybody wants a slice. | 大家都对我想入”菲菲”呢 |
[04:02] | How long have you two been in touch with each other? | 你们恢复联系有多久了 |
[04:04] | Uh, she tracked me down about a year ago. | 她差不多一年前联系到的我 |
[04:09] | What? What’s- What’s that sound? | 怎么了 你什么意思 |
[04:11] | Mmm. Nothing. | 没什么 |
[04:12] | Oh. Here she is right now. | 站内信终于来了 |
[04:16] | “How about we meet at Le Reve at 7:30?” | “七点半 梦境餐厅见” |
[04:20] | That sounds innocent enough- I mean- | 你们的约会真够”单纯”的 |
[04:22] | drinks with an ex-girlfriend at an intimate French restaurant. | 和前女友在一家适合幽会的法国餐厅喝酒 |
[04:26] | Honey, you’re doing that thing when you say what I want you to say | 亲爱的 你说的话正是我期盼从你口中听到的 |
[04:28] | but your tone seems mean. | 但你的语气好刻薄 |
[04:29] | Let me guess. Denise isn’t married. | 让我猜猜啊 丹妮丝还没结婚 |
[04:33] | Recently divorced. What’s the big deal? | 最近才离的 这有什么问题 |
[04:35] | Come on, Phil. You can’t be that naive. | 得了 菲尔 别太傻太天真 |
[04:38] | Seriously, women in their 30s on the Internet are like- | 说真的 网上那些奔四的女人 |
[04:41] | they’re like ninjas. | 个个都是忍者 |
[04:42] | They get into their little black outfits | 换上黑色外套 |
[04:43] | and try and sneak their way into your marriage. | 暗地里当第三者插足别人的婚姻 |
[04:45] | That’s not Denise. | 丹妮丝不是那种人 |
[04:47] | Here. Read some of her messages. | 你看 这都是她给我发的站内信 |
[04:49] | – You’re gonna feel silly. – Okay. | -你看完就知道你想多了 -好吧 |
[04:52] | “Hey, Phil. How’s it going?” | “嗨 菲尔 最近怎么样啊” |
[04:54] | You can’t add the sexy voice. | 你别乱加性感的勾引声音 |
[04:56] | “Hi, Phil. How’s it going?” | “嗨 菲尔 过得怎么样” |
[04:57] | “So glad to hear your neck is better.” | “得知你脖子不疼了 我很高兴” |
[05:00] | – Are you seriously jealous? – No, | -你真吃醋了 -没有 |
[05:02] | I am not jealous at all. | 我一点都没吃醋 |
[05:03] | I just happen to know women better than you do, | 只是比你更懂女人而已 |
[05:05] | and that woman wants a slice. | 那女人绝对对你存有非分之想 |
[05:07] | Okay. Just to prove how wrong you are, | 好吧 为了证明你的想法是错的 |
[05:09] | I’m gonna invite her over here for drinks. | 我打算邀她来家里喝酒 |
[05:11] | Fine with me. Just hope it’s fine with Denise. | 我无所谓 但愿她不介意 |
[05:14] | “Gee, Phil, I really had my heart set on Le Reve.” | “哎呀菲尔 我整颗心都在梦境餐厅” |
[05:17] | That voice doesn’t bother me. | 你故意刻薄的声音可不会让我生气 |
[05:19] | Kind of like it! | 反而让我喜欢 |
[05:22] | Has he been acting weird around you? | 他有什么反常的举动吗 |
[05:23] | No, no. I’ve been avoiding him all morning. | 没有 我一上午都躲着他 |
[05:25] | So you don’t even know if he heard you. | 所以说你其实根本不知道他听没听见 |
[05:27] | That’s why we’re doing this. | 所以叫你来帮忙 |
[05:29] | And where are you? I only have a half hour for lunch. | 你到哪了 午餐时间只有半个小时 |
[05:33] | Hello, handsome. | 你好 帅哥 |
[05:34] | So this is where it happened. | 早上就是在这里碰见他的 |
[05:36] | Just turn off the phone, | 关掉手机 |
[05:37] | roll down the window and we’ll see if you can hear me. | 摇下车窗 试试能不能听见我说话 |
[05:43] | Go around! We’re re-creating a faux pas! | 请绕行 我们要重现骂人的过程 |
[05:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:47] | Okay. Can you hear me now? | 好了 能听见我说话吗 |
[05:49] | Yeah, but just barely. | 可以 但听不太清 |
[05:50] | Is this how loud you were talking? | 你之前骂的时候这么小声吗 |
[05:52] | It might have been a little bit louder. | 可能比这个音量大一点 |
[05:53] | There was traffic. I almost had to shout. | 当时路上都是车 几乎得用喊的 |
[05:55] | – You almost had to what? – Shout. | – 几乎得什么 -用喊的 |
[05:56] | – Little bit louder now. – Shout. | -大点声 -用喊的 |
[05:58] | – Little bit louder now. – Shout! | -再大点声 -用喊的 |
[06:02] | Really, Cam? My job is at stake here, and- | 别闹了 小卡 我的工作要保不住了 |
[06:05] | Oh, who are we kidding? You can obviously hear me. | 开什么玩笑 显然你一开始就听得清 |
[06:07] | I am so screwed. | 我彻底完了 |
[06:11] | Manny? Manny, come here a second, pal. | 曼尼 曼尼 过来一下 |
[06:14] | – Huh? – I got some bad news, buddy. | -什么事 -有个坏消息要告诉你 |
[06:16] | What is it? | 什么坏消息 |
[06:17] | Well, there’s no easy way to say this. | 我很难以启齿 |
[06:20] | Shel Turtlestein is dead. | 小壳·斯坦龟死了 |
[06:23] | What? How? | 什么 怎么死的 |
[06:25] | I was down here reading the paper, | 当时我正在看报纸 |
[06:26] | and I heard this commotion up in your room. | 只听楼上你的房间一阵骚乱的声音 |
[06:28] | So- so naturally, I go running up there. | 出 出于本能反应 我跑上楼 |
[06:31] | And this mangy raccoon had busted through your screen. | 看见一只脏兮兮的浣熊已经破窗而入 |
[06:35] | He must have scampered up to where Shel was. | 它肯定是跳到了小壳的鱼缸旁边 |
[06:39] | By the time I walked in, he had- | 因为我进去的时候 那个坏家伙 |
[06:41] | the little bastard had him by the neck and shaking him. | 正抓着小壳的脖子使劲甩 |
[06:43] | Gravel was flying everywhere. | 碎石被甩得到处都是 |
[06:46] | He didn’t even flinch. | 它看见我一点都不怕 |
[06:46] | He just stared at me with that smug look and then bolted. | 还得意地盯着我看 然后一下子就溜了 |
[06:50] | If only I’d have got here earlier. | 我真后悔没有早点上来 |
[06:54] | May I see the body? | 我能看看小壳的尸体吗 |
[06:56] | Baby, are you sure that’s a good idea? | 宝贝 你真的要看吗 |
[06:57] | It’s something I have to do. | 再痛苦我也必须面对 |
[07:02] | – That’s him. – Sorry, pal. | -确实是它 -对不起 哥们 |
[07:04] | It just doesn’t make any sense. | 可是完全说不通呀 |
[07:05] | Yep. Only the good die young. | 是啊 好龟不长命 |
[07:07] | But in school, we learn raccoons are nocturnal. | 老师说 浣熊只在夜间行动 |
[07:09] | They sleep during the day. | 白天都在睡觉 |
[07:10] | They sure do, and this one must’ve got up for a midnight snack. | 当然 这一只可能是半夜起来找零食的 |
[07:13] | You know, we’ve all done that. | 我们人也有类似的经历嘛 |
[07:15] | – I guess so. -Yeah. | -应该是吧 -是啊 |
[07:16] | It all adds up. | 现在都能说得通了 |
[07:17] | I don’t think I can be in here right now. Too many memories. | 我现在无法待在这个房间 太多回忆了 |
[07:21] | He’ll be okay. | 他会没事的 |
[07:25] | – You lie. – What? | -你撒谎 -什么 |
[07:26] | I’m Colombian. I know a fake crime scene when I see one. | 在哥伦比亚 骗局我见一个识破一个 |
[07:31] | I was hanging up the new poster | 我当时想把那幅画钉在墙上 |
[07:33] | and it fell on top of him. It was an accident. | 结果它掉下来砸在小壳身上 纯属意外 |
[07:35] | You have to tell him. | 去跟他说实话 |
[07:36] | No. I’ve been through this before. | 不行 我有经验 |
[07:38] | When Mitchell was nine, I was supposed to take care of his bird. | 米奇尔九岁的时候 他让我照看他的鸟 |
[07:41] | It got out and flew into a fan. | 结果它飞了出去 撞上了一台电扇 |
[07:43] | It was like a bloody pillow fight. | 那场面就像血花四溅的枕头大战 |
[07:45] | My God. How many pets have you killed? | 老天 你到底杀过多少只宠物 |
[07:47] | Just the two. | 就这两只 |
[07:47] | I took the heat on the bird. It was a big mistake. | 我不小心害死了那只鸟 是大错特错 |
[07:49] | To this day, Mitchell looks at me, | 直到今天 米奇尔看我的眼神 |
[07:51] | I see him thinking, | 都好像在说 |
[07:52] | “That’s the guy who killed Fliza Minnelli.” | “芙莱莎·米奈丽就是被这个人杀死的” |
[07:55] | And what if he finds out? Then what? | 要是曼尼发现了 你又要怎么办 |
[07:57] | You’ll be the guy that killed his pet and lied to him. | 到时候你不仅是宠物杀手 还是个骗子 |
[07:59] | He’s not gonna find out because I covered my tracks. | 他不会发现的 我已经掩盖好自己的”行迹”了 |
[08:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:05] | Fliza Minnelli? | 芙莱莎·米奈丽 |
[08:07] | How did I not know that kid was gay? | 我当时怎么就没发现他是同性恋呢 |
[08:11] | Hey, Luke. | 嗨 卢克 |
[08:13] | Big day for you, huh? | 今天可是你的大日子 |
[08:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:15] | – Because you will get to meet your real mom. – What? | -你终于可以见到你的亲妈了 -什么 |
[08:18] | We all made a pact we’d deny it until you turned 21. | 本来大家说好 等你21岁再告诉你 |
[08:21] | But that’s the real reason Dad’s old girlfriend’s coming over. | 但是爸爸的前女友就是为这事来的 |
[08:25] | She’s your mom, | 她才是你亲妈 |
[08:26] | and if she likes you, you’ll go live with her. | 要是她喜欢你 你就得跟她生活了 |
[08:29] | I’m not adopted. I’m asking Mom. | 我才不是被领养的 我要去问妈妈 |
[08:32] | You mean Mrs. Dunphy? She’s not going to tell you the truth. | 你是说邓菲太太吗 她不会跟你说实话的 |
[08:36] | I-I’m not- | 我不是 |
[08:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:42] | Just ’cause he called you a dork-to-dork salesman? | 就因为他说你是呆家呆户的推销员吗 |
[08:47] | The empire shakes back. | 姐全力回击 |
[08:50] | Raccoons have five toes. | 浣熊爪有5个指头 |
[08:51] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[08:53] | I don’t mean to bother you. | 我不想来烦你 |
[08:54] | It’s just confusing. | 但我很疑惑 |
[08:56] | The footprints in my room only have four toes. | 我房间里浣熊的两只脚印都只有4个指头 |
[08:59] | You know, I bet I know what happened. | 我知道怎么回事 |
[09:00] | I’ll bet he lost those toes in a fight. | 它肯定是在一场打斗中失去了两个指头 |
[09:03] | And that guy looked like he’d been in a brawl or two. | 那家伙看起来像是经过了几场打斗 |
[09:06] | – One toe from each foot? – Maybe. | -刚好一只爪失去一个指头 -有可能 |
[09:09] | You know, Manny, I think the only thing… | 曼尼 只有一件事 |
[09:11] | that’s gonna get you to stop asking all these questions… | 可以让你不再问这样的问题 |
[09:14] | is for you to have a little closure. | 就是 一个永久性的告别 |
[09:16] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[09:17] | Well,I’d like to throw a little memorial for Shel. | 给小壳举办一场小型追悼会吧 |
[09:19] | It’ll be good for all of us. | 那对我们大家都好 |
[09:21] | That way we get our grief out, | 那样就可以把悲痛发泄出来 |
[09:23] | and then we never have to talk about this ever, ever again. | 之后谁都不要再提这件事 永远不提 |
[09:33] | Hi. Oh, careful. There’s a thing. | 嗨 当心脚下 |
[09:35] | Yeah. Good to see you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[09:39] | – Hi! Oh, my God. – Hi. I’m Claire. | -嗨 -嗨 我是克莱尔 |
[09:41] | You must be- Oh. Yeah. Hi. | 你就是 嗨 |
[09:43] | – Denise. – Well- Okay. | -丹妮丝 -是的 |
[09:45] | You’re even prettier than the pictures that Phil’s always posting. | 你本人比菲尔上传的照片还要漂亮 |
[09:49] | – Just a couple. – Oh? | -只有几张 -是吗 |
[09:51] | Shut up. Every week. | 瞎说 每周都有 |
[09:52] | He loves showing you off. | 他喜欢炫耀你的照片 |
[09:53] | And my boyfriend likes your Acapulco pictures, | 我男友喜欢你在阿卡普尔科照的那几张 |
[09:55] | probably a little too much. | 喜欢得我都有点吃醋了 |
[09:57] | Well, thank your boyfriend for me. | 替我谢谢你男友 |
[09:59] | Come on in, please. | 快请进 |
[10:01] | Oh, I brought you, um, some lifting intensifier. | 我给你带来一瓶祛皱紧致霜 |
[10:05] | Not that you need it. It’s a limited edition, | 我知道你用不上 不过这是限量版 |
[10:07] | – Thank you. Thank you. – Never mind. | -谢谢 谢谢 -不客气 |
[10:08] | Oh, Denise, I think you might know these people. | 丹妮丝 给你介绍我的孩子 |
[10:11] | – Uh, that’s Haley – Hi. | -这是海莉 -嗨 |
[10:12] | – Alex and- – Luke. | -艾丽克斯和 -卢克 |
[10:15] | I had curly hair just like that when I was little. | 他的卷发和我小时候的一模一样 |
[10:20] | So? That doesn’t mean anything. | 那又怎样 说明不了什么 |
[10:24] | Why don’t we, uh, come on in, have a seat. Please. | 大家都过来 请坐 |
[10:28] | So what was my dad like in high school? | 爸爸上高中时候是什么样子 |
[10:30] | Only the most amazing break-dancer ever. | 他的霹雳舞无人超越 |
[10:33] | – No way. – Oh, don’t fire it up. What? What? | -不可能 -别刺激我 你看 你看 |
[10:38] | He had a boom box and a piece of cardboard in his locker. | 他柜子里有一个大匣子和一块硬纸板 |
[10:40] | – And what was your dance name? – O-Zone. | -你那个舞叫什么名字 -O型区 |
[10:42] | I drove him to his Star Search audition. | 我开车送他去搜星节目试镜 |
[10:44] | Which is totally political, by the way. | 顺便提一下 试镜就是走个形式 |
[10:46] | O-Zone. | O型区 |
[10:47] | That is dead-ass funny. I’m so calling you that. | 太搞笑了 我以后就叫你这个 |
[10:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:52] | Wow. You really lucked out. | 你太走运了 |
[10:53] | You have a beautiful wife, a gorgeous house. | 美丽娇妻 豪华住房 |
[10:56] | And those kids- I could take Luke home with me. | 还有一群孩子 我都想把卢克带回家去 |
[10:59] | Well, be my guest. | 不用跟我客气 |
[11:01] | Seriously, you go right ahead. | 真的 赶紧把他带走吧 |
[11:03] | No! I like it here! | 不行 我喜欢这个家 |
[11:09] | Alex, honey, will you go find out what’s wrong with your brother? | 艾丽克斯 宝贝 看看你弟弟怎么了 |
[11:11] | Okay. | 遵命 |
[11:13] | You know, um, if it’s okay, I think I’m just gonna use the, um- | 如果可以的话 我想去一下 |
[11:17] | Oh, yeah. Of course. Down the hall. | 当然可以 走廊尽头就是 |
[11:19] | – Left-hand side. You can’t miss it. – Thanks. | -就在左手边 很容易找到 -谢谢 |
[11:24] | – Okay, she’s fantastic. -Yes? | -我承认她人很棒 -是吗 |
[11:27] | Yes. I feel awful. | 是 我好愧疚 |
[11:28] | When did I become this horribly cynical person… | 什么时候起 我变得这么刻薄 |
[11:31] | who assumes the worst about people? | 把别人都往坏处想 |
[11:32] | I first noticed it seven years- You’re not. | 其实7年前我就发现…你才不是那种人 |
[11:36] | Such an idiot. Is it- | 我太笨了 请问 |
[11:38] | – Oh, I’ll show you. Yeah, yeah, yeah. – Okay. Thanks. | -我带你过去 没关系的 -谢谢 |
[11:43] | So how are we gonna do this? | 我们要怎么做 |
[11:46] | I thought I’d just point at the door. | 我以为只要给你指一下门 |
[11:48] | – So I was thinking – I was thinking too. | -所以我只想着 -我也是这么想的 |
[11:51] | Here… is my hotel room key. | 这个 是我酒店的房卡 |
[11:55] | You can come by whenever you want. | 随时欢迎你 |
[12:08] | That was funny this morning, huh- | 今天早上挺有意思的 是吧 |
[12:10] | when I pulled up next to you at that stoplight? | 红灯的时候我刚好停在你的车旁边 |
[12:12] | Funny? | 有意思 |
[12:13] | Yeah. Because I was on the phone with my partner… | 对 当时我正在和我老公打电话 |
[12:15] | talking about how horrible his boss was- his. | 谈论他的上司多讨厌 他的上司 |
[12:18] | And then you pull up. So- | 然后你刚好停下 所以 |
[12:20] | Anyway, I’m glad I ran into you. | 不管怎么说 很高兴路上碰见你 |
[12:22] | I’m getting worried they’re gonna move up our court date. | 我担心他们要把开庭日期提前 |
[12:24] | I need you to bust ass preparing. | 所以你要全力做好准备 |
[12:26] | ‘Cause if they call us on Monday- | 因为一旦周一叫我们去开庭 |
[12:27] | Uh, you need to get that? | 一定要现在看吗 |
[12:29] | No. It’s fine. It’s just a… | 不是 没关系 只是一张 |
[12:32] | picture of my daughter standing for the first time. | 我女儿第一次站起来的照片 |
[12:34] | Yeah, they do that. It’s a big day. | 可以理解 确实值得庆祝 |
[12:36] | Anyway, I need you here tomorrow. | 无论如何 明天你还要来加班 |
[12:38] | I know it’s a Sunday, but, | 我知道明天是周日 但是 |
[12:39] | uh, you think you can be on time, okay? | 你肯定会准时到的 好吗 |
[12:43] | Actually, um, I have plans tomorrow, | 其实 明天我有事 |
[12:46] | uh, so I won’t be here. | 就不来了 |
[12:48] | I-I have plans to stay at home | 我打算明天待在家里 |
[12:51] | with my family and do absolutely nothing. Okay. | 和家人一起 什么都不做 就这样 |
[12:54] | But I will see you on Monday. | 不过周一我还是会来上班 |
[12:57] | So, you’re in charge now, is that it? | 你的意思是 这事你说了算 |
[12:59] | Well, I just figure if my daughter can stand up, | 我才意识到 既然我女儿都能站起来 |
[13:01] | then so can I. | 我也应该起身反抗 |
[13:02] | All right, look. We’ve all been working hard lately, okay? | 好了 最近大家加班都很辛苦 |
[13:07] | But that’s the job. | 但这是工作性质决定的 |
[13:08] | So either come in tomorrow or don’t bother coming back again. | 明天不来 你就永远不用来了 |
[13:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:26] | Need the, uh, I.D. to | 还得用一下证件 |
[13:29] | make the elevator go down to freedom… | 乘电梯下楼 奔向自由 |
[13:32] | and this to complete my set. | 还有咖啡 配合我的行头 |
[13:39] | Turtle, reptile, pet. | 乌龟 爬行动物 宠物 |
[13:43] | Shel Turtlestein was many things. | 小壳·斯坦龟不仅仅是一只乌龟 |
[13:46] | I don’t think I can do this without crying. | 再说下去我就要哭了 |
[13:49] | Maybe we should just get to the cold cuts. | 不如我们直接跳到吃冷盘的环节吧 |
[13:51] | Well, we wanna hear it. | 我们想听完 |
[13:53] | Jay, why don’t you read it? | 杰 要不你去念吧 |
[13:55] | You were with him at the end. Remember? | 是你”送它上路”的 记得吗 |
[14:05] | “Shel Turtlestein was many things,” | “小壳·斯坦龟不仅仅是一只乌龟” |
[14:07] | “but above all, he was my friend.” | “最重要的是 它是我的朋友” |
[14:09] | “When I didn’t get a date with Fiona Gunderson,” | “当菲奥娜·冈德森拒绝我的约会请求” |
[14:11] | “Shel was there.” | “有小壳的见证” |
[14:13] | “When I didn’t get to play the part of Tevye,” | “当我落选特维的角色” |
[14:15] | “Shel was there.” | “有小壳的见证” |
[14:17] | “And when a raccoon broke into my room,” | “而当一只浣熊闯入我的房间” |
[14:19] | “unfortunately, Shel was there. | “不幸的是 小壳也在” |
[14:21] | “I said a lot of things to my friend,” | “跟这位朋友 我说过很多话” |
[14:23] | “but the one thing I never got to say was good-bye.” | “但最终却来不及跟它说一句再见” |
[14:27] | Stop. I know what really happened. | 等一下 我知道它是怎么死的了 |
[14:29] | – You do? – I left a bag of chips near my bed. | -是吗 -我床边上有一包薯条 |
[14:32] | The raccoon must have smelled it. It’s my fault he’s dead. | 浣熊肯定是闻到味了 是我害死了小壳 |
[14:36] | Sorry, Shel. | 对不起 小壳 |
[14:39] | Jay, you don’t have anything to say to Manny? | 杰 有什么话要跟曼尼说吗 |
[14:44] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[14:46] | Manny. | 曼尼 |
[14:54] | Shel forgives you. | 小壳不会怪你的 |
[14:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:59] | Oh, Denise. | 丹妮丝 |
[15:01] | These pictures are amazing. Thank you. | 这些照片太棒了 谢谢你 |
[15:06] | Sweetie, that perm. | 亲爱的 你还是卷发呢 |
[15:07] | Technically, that’s a Jheri curl. | 确切地说是杰里卷 |
[15:09] | I just love to take pictures. I took this one of myself today. | 我特喜欢照相 今天还给自己照了一张 |
[15:15] | You know what? I’m gonna open a bottle of wine. | 话说 我去开一瓶红酒 |
[15:18] | No. No. That’s the worst idea. | 不要 千万不要 |
[15:20] | No, no. I’m not in the mood. | 别开 我没那个心情 |
[15:23] | What am I, raised by a pack of wolves? | 我是怎么了 像个狼孩一样 |
[15:25] | Hey. Come on now. | 嗨 别闹了 |
[15:27] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[15:29] | You weren’t completely wrong about Denise. | 你对丹妮丝的判断也不是一点道理没有 |
[15:31] | – How’s that? – She wants me. | -为什么这么说 -她想要我 |
[15:33] | – To do what? – It. Her. | -干什么 -那个 干她 |
[15:36] | Oh. Oh, this is because of the thing I said about Facebook… | 我说Facebook上的女人不正经 |
[15:39] | and everybody’s hooking up, and now you’re disappointed. | 大家都在上面约炮 所以你失望了 |
[15:41] | No. She bit the air right in front of me. Like that. | 不是 她对着我大口咬空气 像这样 |
[15:45] | And then look what she tried to give me. | 而且你看她塞给我一个什么 |
[15:47] | – Anything I can help with? – No. | -需要我帮忙吗 -不用了 |
[15:49] | I just- I can’t find my corkscrew. | 我找不到开瓶器了 |
[15:53] | – Touch me. – Okay. Denise, | -摸我 -好了 丹妮丝 |
[15:54] | I think somewhere along the line you got the wrong idea. | 肯定是有什么地方让你误会了 |
[15:57] | My head is full of wrong ideas. | 我脑袋里充满想入”菲菲”的误会 |
[15:59] | – You have such great taste, Claire. – Thank you. | -你的品味真不赖 克莱尔 -谢谢 |
[16:03] | I remember Phil used to have really good taste too. | 菲尔当年也是很有品”味”的 |
[16:06] | – Let me get a little of this. – Oh, here it is. | -我用点洗手液 -找到了 |
[16:08] | Phil, would you mind grabbing us a couple glasses? | 菲尔 拿几个杯子过来 |
[16:09] | You betcha. | 没问题 |
[16:11] | – Need me to grab anything? – No! | -要我帮忙”抓”什么吗 -不用 |
[16:12] | – Okay, this is so wrong. – I know. | -这样太离谱了 -我知道 |
[16:15] | – It’s way more exciting when she’s in the room, isn’t it? -No. | -有她在更刺激不是吗 -不是 |
[16:17] | I still have my cheerleader outfit. | 我还留着拉拉队队长的衣服 |
[16:19] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[16:19] | But this still can’t happen. When did that break? | 但还是不能这样 那个怎么碎了 |
[16:23] | – Why are you wussing out? – I never wussed in. | -你怎么退却了 -我根本没想乱来 |
[16:26] | What about all those things you wrote on Facebook? | 那你在Facebook上写那些是为什么 |
[16:28] | “How was your day? My neck is so sore.” | “你还好吗 我脖子好疼” |
[16:31] | Why do people keep adding voices to these things? | 怎么大家都要把留言说的那么下流 |
[16:33] | I didn’t mean anything. | 我没别的意思 |
[16:33] | Are you telling me that I wasted a year | 你是说 我在这段关系上 |
[16:35] | of my life on this relationship? | 浪费了一年时间 |
[16:37] | What relationship? | 什么关系 |
[16:38] | How many other women have you led on? | 还有多少女人被你勾引了 |
[16:40] | No, I don’t know! | 靠 我怎么知道 |
[16:41] | Phil? | 菲尔 |
[16:45] | Phil, honey. | 菲尔 亲爱的 |
[16:48] | Do you remember when you broke your arm | 记不记得 我们第一次约会的时候 |
[16:50] | when we were first dating? | 你的胳膊受伤了 |
[16:52] | Yeah, uh, when I slipped on the ice. | 记得 我在冰上摔倒了 |
[16:54] | Right. That’s so weird. Because in this picture, | 是啊 奇怪了 这张照片里 |
[16:56] | you’re sitting with Denise and you have a broken arm, so- | 你带着受伤的胳膊坐在丹妮丝旁边 |
[16:59] | Yeah, that’s- that’s weird. | 是 是挺奇怪 |
[17:01] | – So you were still dating her when you started dating me? – No. | -你和我约会的时候和她还没断呢 -不是 |
[17:04] | – Phil? – Yeah. Maybe. | -菲尔 -可能是吧 |
[17:06] | There was a time, a little overlap… | 有段时间 我横跨两条船 |
[17:09] | when, uh, I was trying to break things off with Denise. | 当时 我打算和丹妮丝分手 |
[17:10] | You took me to Santa Fe. | 那你还带我去圣达菲 |
[17:12] | Santa Fe? Phil, you told me that was your father. | 圣达菲 你当时说是带你爸爸去 |
[17:16] | Okay, I know the pain is fresh, but the lie is really old. | 我知道你们很”新疼” 但其实都是旧伤 |
[17:19] | You know, this was a mistake. I’m gonna leave. | 我来就是个错误 我走了 |
[17:22] | Claire, if I were you, I would kick him out. | 克莱尔 我要是你 就把他踢出家门 |
[17:25] | Maybe he’d appreciate you | 可能他会更加感激你 |
[17:26] | more after he spent a lonely night in a hotel. | 让他尝到孤身一人在酒店过夜的滋味 |
[17:28] | At the Radisson, by the airport. | 在机场旁的雷迪森酒店 |
[17:33] | – You quit? – It was amazing. | -你辞职了 -感觉太棒了 |
[17:36] | No, no. This is the new me, Cam. | 在你眼前的是一个全新的我 小卡 |
[17:38] | I am not letting people run my life anymore. | 我再也不会让别人主宰我的生活 |
[17:40] | I should be nervous, but I’m not. I’m excited for you. | 我应该紧张才对 但我反而为你激动 |
[17:43] | Yes! It’s exciting! It’s exciting. | 没错 这太令人激动了 太激动了 |
[17:45] | Because you followed your heart, and that is worth celebrating. | 你听从了自己内心的想法 值得庆祝 |
[17:48] | Cam, I just feel- | 小卡 我觉得自己 |
[17:50] | so liberated. | 彻底解放了 |
[17:55] | And I’m not picking it up. | 我不会去捡起来的 |
[17:56] | – I like this guy. – I do too. | -我喜欢你这样 -我也是 |
[17:58] | Yes, we’ll have to cut back a little bit. | 当然 我们以后要节俭一些 |
[18:01] | But isn’t it worth it if you feel | 但这值得 不是吗 |
[18:02] | like you’re living your life for the first time? | 第一次为自己而活 |
[18:04] | – Totally. – What were we even waiting for? | -太值得了 -那我们还等什么 |
[18:06] | You will go back to teaching music, | 你重操旧业 当音乐老师 |
[18:08] | and then I’ll just find something in a… few months. | 我休息几个月 再找一份工作 |
[18:10] | And until then, all we need to do is just sit back… | 在那之前 我们只管坐下来 |
[18:13] | and watch this little miracle here dazzle us. | 看着我们的小千金快乐成长 |
[18:16] | – I’m tingling. – I am too. | -我好激动 -我也是 |
[18:19] | It’s like my heart is full for the first time in forever. | 我的心似乎从没这么充实过 |
[18:22] | Oh, God, it’s really pounding. | 老天 心跳得好快 |
[18:25] | It’s like I feel the weight of | 我能感受到 |
[18:25] | endless possibilities just sitting on my chest- | 我的胸口充满了一切可能 |
[18:28] | She is not doing anything, Cam. | 她什么表现都没有 小卡 |
[18:29] | You’re not panicking, are you? | 你不是慌乱了吧 |
[18:30] | – Of course I am panicking. – No. Don’t panic. | -我当然慌乱了 -你别慌乱 |
[18:32] | If you panic, I panic! | 你一乱 我也乱 |
[18:33] | I just quit my job. Cam! My God. | 我刚辞职了 小卡 老天啊 |
[18:35] | Mitchell, I am used to nice things. | 米奇尔 我过惯了好日子 |
[18:37] | What are we gonna do? | 以后要怎么办 |
[18:38] | Okay. No, no. Just calm down. | 别慌 镇定下来 |
[18:40] | This is what we’re gonna do. | 我来规划一下该怎么办 |
[18:40] | I am going to- I’m gonna do what I’m trained to do. | 我要 我要用我的看家本领 |
[18:43] | I am going to lie, grovel, debase myself | 为达目的不惜说谎 |
[18:44] | until I get what I want. | 卑躬屈膝 自我贬低 |
[18:46] | I am a lawyer, damn it. | 我可是律师 妈的 |
[18:47] | Mitchell! | 米奇尔 |
[18:50] | No. | 不要 |
[18:51] | Oh, no, you’re right. The tie. | 提醒的好 忘了打领带 |
[18:52] | No. We’ll find something better for you, | 我是说 我们一定能找到更合适你 |
[18:55] | something that works for all of us. | 而且对大家都好的办法 |
[18:57] | There’s no Plan “B” here, Cam. | 没有备用方案的 小卡 |
[18:59] | We have a mortgage. We have- We have a child to support. | 我们要还房贷 还要养个孩子 |
[19:03] | Hey, it’s gonna be okay. | 一切都会好的 |
[19:05] | We’re gonna figure it out. | 我们肯定有办法 |
[19:07] | I just want you to be happy, and you will be happy. | 我只希望你开心 你一定会开心的 |
[19:11] | And that is something worth toasting. | 这才是值得庆祝的事 |
[19:16] | Let’s just drink the cheap stuff, | 喝那个便宜的吧 |
[19:18] | ’cause we might have to sell that bottle. | 那瓶贵的我们转手卖掉吧 |
[19:23] | It’s hard to sleep in a bed of lies. | 说谎太多容易失眠 |
[19:26] | Isn’t it, Jay? | 对不对 杰 |
[19:28] | Kids get over these things pretty quick. | 小孩记性很差 |
[19:29] | He’s probably sleeping like a baby right now. | 没准他现在像婴儿一样熟睡呢 |
[19:31] | I’m sure he’s wide awake, full of guilt. | 他肯定是清醒着的 满心愧疚 |
[19:35] | Well, I’m going to sleep. | 反正我要睡觉了 |
[19:46] | Damn it! | 妈的 |
[19:52] | Hello, Jay. | 你好 杰 |
[19:55] | – What are you doing up? – Waiting. | -你怎么不睡 -我在等待 |
[19:57] | Waiting for what? | 等什么 |
[19:59] | The truth. It wasn’t a raccoon, was it? | 等真相 浣熊不是凶手 对吗 |
[20:02] | Oh, all right. You got me. I killed Shel. | 好了好了 被你发现了 是我的错 |
[20:05] | All right? I’m sorry. It was an accident. | 行了吧 对不起 我不是故意的 |
[20:07] | Why didn’t you just tell me? | 你当时为什么不说实话 |
[20:09] | Because I didn’t want you to be upset with me. | 我不想惹你生气 |
[20:11] | You and I got off to a rocky start. | 我们一开始关系很僵 |
[20:14] | Lately, it’s been pretty good. | 最近 好不容易相处融洽了 |
[20:16] | I was afraid I’d mess all that up | 我害怕毁了这一切 |
[20:17] | if you knew that I was the one that killed your pet. | 所以不想让你知道是我杀死了你的宠物 |
[20:19] | Now you’re the guy who killed my pet | 但你现在不仅杀了我的宠物 |
[20:21] | and made a stupid lie about it. | 还编了个愚蠢的谎言 |
[20:22] | Well, I don’t think it was stupid. | 我不觉得那是个愚蠢的谎言 |
[20:23] | I thought it was pretty clever. | 我以为挺聪明的 |
[20:27] | I was just trying to avoid past mistakes. | 我只是不想重蹈覆辙 |
[20:29] | Look. | 听着 |
[20:31] | I know I can’t make things all better right now, | 我知道我现在无法弥补对你造成的伤害 |
[20:34] | but maybe over time. | 但我相信以后会的 |
[20:36] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[20:38] | Get some rest. | 好好睡吧 |
[20:39] | Since we’re confessing things, | 既然你已经坦白了 我也该坦白 |
[20:42] | you know that scratch on your car? | 还记得你车上的抓痕吗 |
[20:44] | The one that can’t be buffed out? Yeah? | 就是一直擦不掉的那个 记得 |
[20:46] | You should probably know how it happened. | 你应该猜得到是怎么回事 |
[20:48] | I know how it happened. | 我知道是怎么回事 |
[20:50] | Raccoon did it. | 是浣熊干的 |
[20:55] | – Good night, Jay. -Good night, kid. | -晚安 杰 -晚安 小家伙 |
[20:59] | Best thing I ever did | 我最大的成就 |
[21:00] | was quit a miserable job and start my own business. | 就是辞了份烂工作 自己创业 |
[21:03] | – Thanks, Dad. – No, it’s not gonna be easy. | -谢谢老爸 -不过自己创业也不容易 |
[21:04] | That’s why Gloria and I wanna give you a little something | 所以我和歌洛莉亚来送你个东西 |
[21:07] | to help you through it. | 帮你渡过难关 |
[21:08] | No, Dad, I can’t. | 爸爸 我不能 |
[21:10] | No. I want to, Mitch. | 一定要给你 米奇 |
[21:11] | Okay, but, I mean, as soon as I’m back on my feet, I really want to- | 辞职之后 我特别想 |
[21:15] | Oh. Oh, Dad. No. You- | 爸爸 不要 你 |
[21:18] | You tried to give me this 20 years ago when my pet snake died. | 20年前我的宠物蛇死了 你就想给我这个的 |
[21:21] | – I did? -Yes. | -是吗 -是 |
[21:23] | – Zsa Zsa Gaboa? – Oh, that’s adorable. | -叫扎扎·戈波娃 -这名字真可爱 |
[21:26] | And you really didn’t know that he was gay? | 你当时真不知道他是同性恋 |
[21:28] | I must’ve, right? | 我该知道的 对吧 |