时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | How could we don’t have the same number of containers and lids? | 怎么盒子和盖子的数量不对应呢 |
[00:08] | Why would they ever get separated? | 它们怎么会分开呢 |
[00:10] | Built-up resentment, money issues, | 可能感情不和 也可能经济问题 |
[00:13] | met a younger lid. | 还可能跟年轻的盖子跑了 |
[00:15] | Mom, where’s my science homework? | 妈妈 我的科学作业哪去了 |
[00:17] | Uh, it’s over there on the table. | 就在那边的桌子上 |
[00:19] | So, Alex, honey, what’s going on? | 艾丽克斯 宝贝 最近怎么样 |
[00:21] | Anything exciting? | 有啥新鲜事吗 |
[00:22] | No. | 没有 |
[00:23] | – Any boys? – No. | -有喜欢的男孩吗 -没有 |
[00:25] | I’m feeling a little bit disconnected | 我觉得我和艾丽克斯之间 |
[00:27] | from Alex right now. | 有代沟了 |
[00:29] | Last week, I picked up her cellphone, | 就在上周 |
[00:31] | thinking it was mine. | 我错拿了她的手机 |
[00:32] | And I accidentally read a few flirty text messages | 无意中看到几条暧昧短信 |
[00:34] | that were probably from a boy in her class, | 如果是她班上的某个男生干的 |
[00:36] | which is fine. | 那也就罢了 |
[00:38] | Or they’re from a drifter. | 就怕是哪个混混发的 |
[00:40] | Come on, isn’t there something | 来嘛 你就真没啥 |
[00:41] | you want to share with your mommers? | 要告诉你”马马”的吗 |
[00:43] | Yeah. Don’t call yourself “Mommers.” | 还真有 别自称”马马”了 |
[00:48] | He blew his lid when she tried to contain him. | 盒子想上盖子 盖子爆发了 |
[01:13] | Okay. What do you think? | 你觉得这件怎么样 |
[01:14] | -I like it. -But you don’t love it. | -我喜欢 -但不是特别喜欢 |
[01:16] | No, I do. I love it. | 谁说的 我爱死它了 |
[01:17] | – As much as you loved the other one? – Ooh. | -和刚才那件比 -天 |
[01:23] | Okay. Mm. | 好吧 |
[01:24] | The house is on fire. I only have time to grab one shirt. | 房子着火了 我只来得及拿一件衬衫 |
[01:27] | Which one do I take? | 我选哪件 |
[01:29] | The correct answer is take Lily. | 带上莉莉才是正解 |
[01:30] | After that. | 那之后呢 |
[01:31] | Uh, okay, the blue one. | 好吧 拿蓝色的那件 |
[01:33] | Because the gray one washes me out. | 因为我穿灰色的显胖 |
[01:34] | No, no. Cam, you — you can’t go wrong here. | 不不不 别误会 小卡 |
[01:36] | Everything you’ve tried on looks great. | 你不管穿什么都美翻了 |
[01:37] | I love you in both of them. | 两件都好搭你 |
[01:38] | Oh, you’re so nice to me. | 还是你疼我 |
[01:44] | Mitchell has a problem with public displays of affection. | 米奇尔不喜欢在公众场合亲热 |
[01:49] | Um, I remember once at a new year’s eve party, | 我记得有一年的新年派对上 |
[01:51] | stroke of midnight, he high-fived me. | 零点钟声一响 他和我击掌庆祝 |
[01:54] | Two problems with that — | 两个问题 |
[01:56] | One, gays don’t high-five. | 首先 同志不击掌 |
[01:58] | Two, gays don’t high-five. | 其次 同志不击掌 |
[02:02] | I’m home! | 我回来啦 |
[02:04] | Mmm, what smells so good? | 烧什么呢这么香 |
[02:06] | I’m making chunchullo, a traditional Colombian dish, | 我在做圈圈肉 哥伦比亚名菜呢 |
[02:09] | for dinner with the family tonight. | 为了今晚的家庭聚餐准备的 |
[02:10] | Chunchullo. | 圈圈肉 |
[02:12] | What is that — like, uh, tacos? | 那是啥 跟玉米卷差不多吗 |
[02:14] | Yes, like tacos. | 对 就跟玉米卷似的 |
[02:15] | No, it isn’t. | 才不是呢 |
[02:16] | – It’s the small intestine of a pig. – Oh, Geez. | -这是猪肠做的 -我的老天爷 |
[02:18] | Why can’t we eat regular food like normal people? | 我们就不能像其他人一样吃正常点儿吗 |
[02:21] | I told you, Jay. | 我跟你说过滴 杰 |
[02:22] | My grandmother, who rests in peace, | 我那远在天国的奶奶 |
[02:25] | has been coming to me in my dreams, | 曾经托梦给我 |
[02:27] | telling me that I’m losing touch with my roots. | 告诫我不要忘本 |
[02:30] | See, this is awkward, | 你看 这下尴尬了 |
[02:31] | because my dead uncle joe told me to have steak tonight. | 因为我死了的叔叔告诉我今晚该吃牛排 |
[02:34] | No, no, no, Jay. Have some respect. | 不不不 杰 放尊重点 |
[02:36] | My grandmother can hear you. | 我奶奶能听见你滴 |
[02:39] | What do you mean, she can hear us? | 什么意思 她能听到我们吗 |
[02:40] | Well, in our culture, | 是这样滴 在我们的文化里 |
[02:42] | we believe that the dead are all around us. | 我们相信死者的灵魂就在我们身边 |
[02:44] | She’s right, Manny. | 她说的对 曼尼 |
[02:45] | She could be right here, | 可能现在她就在你背后 |
[02:46] | her bony fingers reaching out from the grave. | 从坟墓里伸出她那瘦骨嶙峋的手指 |
[02:50] | Yeah, keep it up, Jay. | 厉害哦 杰 继续忽悠呀 |
[02:52] | There’s already one dead person in this room. | 这房子里已经有一个死人了 |
[02:53] | You want to make it two? | 你也想死是哇 |
[02:55] | I’m sorry. I’ve got a printer to install. | 我错了 我去装打印机 |
[02:57] | Oh, Gloria, have your grandmother | 歌洛莉亚 麻烦让你奶奶 |
[02:59] | run me up an iced tea in about 10 minutes. | 十分钟后给我拿杯冰红茶来 |
[03:00] | Yeah, she has a better chance of making that work than you! | 是啊 她要活着滴话干得比你好 |
[03:04] | Why don’t you save us the stomping and the swearing and call Phil? | 你打电话给菲尔啊 省得一会你搞砸了又叫又骂 |
[03:06] | He’s good at that stuff. | 他这方面比较牛 |
[03:08] | Better than me? | 能有我牛 |
[03:09] | Phil’s not better than me at anything, | 菲尔任何方面都没我牛 |
[03:11] | Except maybe making that stupid sound with his mouth. | 他也就只会怪叫啥的 |
[03:19] | A what, what | 咋 咋样 |
[03:21] | You spit on me. | 你口水喷我脸上了 |
[03:23] | Haley, honey, um, I need you to do something for me. | 宝贝海莉 来帮我个忙 |
[03:26] | Ugh. Mom, my arm hurts. | 啊 妈 我手痛 |
[03:28] | Why don’t you find out what it is | 你都不知道我找你啥事 |
[03:29] | before you start making up excuses to get out of it? | 着急编瞎话干嘛 |
[03:32] | Okay, what is it? | 好吧 说吧 |
[03:33] | I need you to talk to your sister. | 我要你去和你妹妹谈谈 |
[03:35] | I think that there’s something going on with her and a boy. | 我觉得她和某个男孩子有暧昧 |
[03:38] | So? | 然后 |
[03:39] | So, I am your mother, and it is my job to make sure | 然后 我是你们的妈妈 |
[03:42] | that you girls don’t get involved with a predator. | 确保你们不被坏蛋给剥皮吃了 |
[03:44] | Okay, mom, stop watching “Dateline.” | 得了吧 妈妈 别再看新闻联播了 |
[03:46] | And why can’t you just talk to her? | 你自己怎么不去和她谈 |
[03:48] | I have tried to talk to her. | 我试过了 |
[03:50] | I — she won’t talk to me. You know that. | 她不会跟我开口的 你懂的 |
[03:52] | That’s because you get so weird every time a boy comes near us. | 因为一有男孩接近我们你就变得神经质 |
[03:55] | I-I just don’t want you girls to — | 我只是不想你们这些小姑娘 |
[03:57] | – To make the same mistakes that you did? – No! | -重蹈你的覆辙吗 -不是 |
[04:00] | No. | 当然不是 |
[04:01] | Mom, I’m not an idiot. | 老妈 我又不傻 |
[04:03] | I pick up on things. | 我看得出来 |
[04:04] | And I don’t think that you were the good girl | 你可不是你口中描述的 |
[04:06] | you pretend you were. | 那种好女孩 |
[04:07] | Wow. That is so untrue. | 天哪 你大错特错了 |
[04:09] | I was a very good girl. Mm. | 你不知道我以前有多乖 |
[04:12] | Your kids don’t need to know | 孩子不需要知道 |
[04:13] | who you were before you had them. | 在他们出生前你是怎样的人 |
[04:14] | They need to know who you wish you were, | 他们只需了解你想要的完美形象 |
[04:16] | and they need to try to live up to that person. | 还必须以你为榜样 |
[04:19] | They’re gonna fall short, | 他们可能达不到这个标准 |
[04:20] | but better they fall short of the fake you | 但参照人物是虚构的完美的你 |
[04:22] | than the real you. | 肯定比真实的你强 |
[04:23] | Which is why we don’t hide anything. | 所以我们从不隐瞒 |
[04:25] | That’s the opposite of what I just said. | 你这话完全违背了我刚刚发言的宗旨 |
[04:26] | I was not listening. | 我溜号了 |
[04:32] | I’ll say it again — I love you in paisley. | 我还得说一遍 我喜欢你穿这件佩斯利 |
[04:34] | Oh, let me lock the door and draw the curtains. | 不如先关好门 拉好窗帘 |
[04:36] | What does that mean? | 你什么意思 |
[04:37] | -It doesn’t mean anything. -Good. | -什么意思都没有 -很好 |
[04:39] | You know exactly what it means. | 你当然知道我什么意思 |
[04:40] | You won’t kiss me in front of other people | 你不在别人面前亲我 |
[04:42] | because you’re ashamed of who you are. | 是因为你不能正视自己 |
[04:43] | And, yes…I went there. | 没错 我就是戳你痛处了 |
[04:45] | Okay, you can’t say, “Yes, I went there,” | 你不能拿戳我当乐事 |
[04:47] | when you go there all the time. | 还企图用过去式 |
[04:49] | And, by the way, I’m the one who makes speeches on airplanes | 再说了 每次飞机上有人对咱们另眼相待 |
[04:51] | every time someone looks at us weird. | 可都是我站出来教育他们 |
[04:53] | I’m the one who gives my dad hell | 我爸爸说你是我”朋友”的时候 |
[04:54] | when he refers to you as my “Friend.” | 也是我跟他挑明挖烂了理论 |
[04:56] | That’s different. That’s confrontation. | 那不一样 那是正面冲突 |
[04:59] | But you know what takes real strength? | 但你知道什么才最需要勇气吗 |
[05:00] | Whining? | 抱怨吗 |
[05:01] | -Affection. -Oh, this is insane. | -是表达爱意 -受不了了 |
[05:03] | Buying a shirt — it’s not a kiss-worthy moment. | 买衬衫有什么可亲的 |
[05:05] | Oh, I didn’t know there was an official list. | 我不知道这还有官方规定 |
[05:07] | Please, tell us — what is on the list? | 求你 告诉我 什么时候能亲 |
[05:09] | I’ll tell you what’s not on the list — | 我告诉你什么时候不亲吧 |
[05:10] | Finding jalapeno-stuffed olives, | 吃了夹辣椒的橄榄 |
[05:12] | making the light on maple, | 给枫树挂灯泡的时候 |
[05:13] | every time we see a V.W. | 看到大众车的时候也不亲 |
[05:15] | You don’t like “Kiss-buggy”? | 你不喜欢玩”亲亲甲壳虫”[看到大众甲壳虫车就亲亲] |
[05:16] | It’s not a real game! | 那根本就不是游戏 |
[05:18] | It — it’s just another way for you to be needy. | 那不过是你黏人的一种方式 |
[05:19] | I — and I don’t appreciate you making me feel bad | 你可别想把我搞得很内疚 |
[05:22] | because I can’t live up to your impossible standards. | 因为我可达不到你那离谱的标准 |
[05:24] | Nobody kisses at a bowling alley! | 没人在保龄球馆接吻 |
[05:26] | I almost got a turkey! | 我差点打出三击全中 |
[05:39] | “Yello”? | 侬好 |
[05:41] | Oh, hey, Jay. Just a sec. I’ll go get Claire. | 你好 杰 等下 我找克莱尔去 |
[05:43] | Oh, actually, it’s you I’m calling. | 其实我找你 |
[05:45] | What was that? | 什么声音 |
[05:46] | The cat. There’s a cat. What’s up? | 是猫 有只猫 什么事 |
[05:49] | Well, Gloria’s been missing her grandmother. | 歌洛莉亚很想念她的外婆 |
[05:50] | I’ve been trying to get this old picture of her printed, | 我一直想打印出一张她的照片 |
[05:52] | but I can’t get this new printer to — | 但是新的打印机 我… |
[05:54] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上到 |
[05:55] | Luke, grandpa needs us! | 卢克 外公需要我们 |
[05:57] | Hells yes, I was glad to get the call. | 接到电话 我当然很高兴 |
[05:59] | Jay’s always around here fixing things, | 杰总来我家修东西 |
[06:01] | cracking jokes about my “Delicate hands” | 嘲笑我柔弱的双手 |
[06:03] | or my gag response to the smell of paint. | 还有我一闻油漆就吐 |
[06:07] | Look who needs me now | 看看谁来求哥了 |
[06:09] | Mr. Hot-dog fingers who can’t press “Print” | “手好粗”先生每次想按打印键 |
[06:11] | without hitting three extra keys. | 他那胖手都会多按好几个按钮 |
[06:14] | Yeah! | 真菜 |
[06:15] | You’re in my house now, Jay! | 你可是在我的主场 杰 |
[06:19] | T-technically, we’ll be in his house, | 准确的说 我要去他的地盘迎战 |
[06:20] | but we’ll be in my area… | 但是他的地盘 |
[06:22] | of his house. | 哥做主 |
[06:25] | So, I hear you have a boyfriend. | 我听说你有男朋友了 |
[06:27] | – No, I don’t. – Who is he? | -哪有 -他是谁 |
[06:29] | – I’m not talking to you about this. – Oh, come on. | -我才不告诉你呢 -说吧 |
[06:31] | You’re finally interesting. Just tell me. | 你总算有点八卦可挖了 快说呗 |
[06:33] | He’s not my boyfriend. | 他不是我男友 |
[06:35] | It’s Jeremy Reed. | 他叫杰里米·瑞德 |
[06:36] | It’s — he’s just this boy that I — | 不过是个男孩 我… |
[06:38] | – Love? – No! | -爱他 -没有 |
[06:40] | Well, have you guys kissed yet? | 你们接吻了吗 |
[06:41] | No! | 没有 |
[06:42] | Well, what are you waiting for? | 那你等什么呢 |
[06:43] | I’m not waiting. I’m 13. | 我没等 人家才13岁 |
[06:45] | And you’ve never kiss boy? | 你还没亲过男生 |
[06:47] | How old were you? | 你初吻什么时候 |
[06:49] | Like 11. | 11岁的时候吧 |
[06:50] | And it was beautiful. | 唯美极了 |
[06:52] | I was in Jackson Kaner’s carpeted garage. | 是在杰克逊·肯纳家铺了地毯的车库里 |
[06:55] | – 11? – Yeah. | -11岁 -是啊 |
[06:56] | So you better get on it, | 你最好也抓紧 |
[06:57] | or else he’s gonna think you’re a lesbian. | 要不然他会觉得你是拉拉 |
[06:59] | He’s not going to think I’m a lesbian. | 他才不会认为我是拉拉 |
[07:01] | I thought you were. | 我就以为你是 |
[07:02] | You totally have the sandals for it. | 你那凉鞋很拉拉 |
[07:06] | Let’s see this bad boy. | 我们来看看出了什么问题 |
[07:08] | Oh, a P-750. Nice unit. | P-750型 不错 |
[07:11] | I would have sprung for the 840, | 要是我 会选840那款 |
[07:13] | But I get it — | 但是我知道 |
[07:13] | not everyone can handle that kind of horsepower. | 不是谁都能玩转这种高级货的 |
[07:15] | I thought maybe the cordless phone was interfering, | 我以为是无线电话干扰了信号 |
[07:17] | so I unplugged it. | 我就给它拔了 |
[07:18] | Good idea. Maybe we should run downstairs | 好主意 也许我们应该下楼 |
[07:20] | and unplug the toaster while we’re at it. | 把面包机也拔了 |
[07:22] | Oh, snap, dad. | 幽默啊 老爸 |
[07:24] | Toaster. | 面包机 |
[07:25] | We’re kidding. | 开玩笑 |
[07:26] | A cordless phone is 5.8 gigahertz. This is wi-fi. | 无线电话是5.8千兆赫 这个是无线网络 |
[07:29] | It’s a totally different spectrum. | 用的不是一个频谱 |
[07:31] | Walk with me? | 跟我来 |
[07:33] | Here’s a little trick that I’ve found pretty useful with Claire. | 教克莱尔使用电器的时候 我发明了个小诀窍 |
[07:38] | The computer and the printer must talk, talk, talk | 电脑和打印机必须要交流 流 流 |
[07:42] | command-p” Makes the picture walk, walk, walk” | command+p[苹果快捷键] 图片就出来了 了 了 |
[07:48] | How come it’s not working? | 好像没反应啊 |
[07:49] | It should be. | 不应该啊 |
[07:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:53] | Uh, that should be printing. | 应该开始打印了 |
[07:55] | So… | 应该是… |
[07:56] | Hey, Phil, I’m gonna get a beer, beer, beer | 菲尔 在打的你头头头之前 |
[07:59] | Before I hit you in the head, head, head. | 我要先喝杯啤酒酒酒 |
[08:08] | Hey. What are you doing here? | 嘿 有事吗 |
[08:10] | Hi, Jeremy. I want to ask you something. | 杰里米 我有问题想问你 |
[08:12] | – Sure, ask – Wait, don’t talk yet. | -好 问 -等等 你先别出声 |
[08:14] | Here is the thing. | 是在这么回事 |
[08:15] | We’ve texting for a while, and it’s been nice, | 我们短信已经发了一段时间了 这样挺好 |
[08:18] | but I feel like it’s leading to something else, | 但我感觉我们不止于此 |
[08:19] | and I don’t know if you do or not, | 我不知道你有没有这种感觉 |
[08:21] | but I guess what I’m trying to say is, | 我要说的是 |
[08:23] | I’m just a girl standing in front of a boy | 我只是一个女孩 站在一个男孩面前 |
[08:25] | asking for him to like her. | 请他喜欢她 |
[08:28] | Oh, god, that’s from “Notting hill.” | 不对 这句是《诺丁山》的台词 |
[08:31] | So dorky. But a really underrated movie. | 太老套了 不过这绝对是部被低估的电影 |
[08:33] | What’s happening? | 你想表达什么 |
[08:34] | I’m not a lesbian. | 我不是拉拉 |
[08:36] | I would like for you to kiss me. | 我想你亲我 |
[08:57] | Oh, I love watching you stir. | 我喜欢看你搅拌的样子 |
[08:59] | Then I will stop. | 那我就停下 |
[09:00] | What? Are you still mad at me? | 怎么 你还生我的气 |
[09:02] | Yes. You have to apologize for making fun of my culture, my beliefs, | 是 你要为取笑我滴文化 我滴信仰 |
[09:06] | my chunchullo, my abuela. | 我滴圈圈肉 我滴奶奶而道歉 |
[09:08] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:09] | If you think your Grandmother’s here with us, | 如果你认为你奶奶也在这里 |
[09:12] | I respect that. | 我表示尊重 |
[09:13] | Now, come here. | 来抱抱 |
[09:14] | Oh, Grandma! Where’d you come from? | 奶奶 你从哪冒出来的 |
[09:17] | We’re gonna have to get you a little bell. | 看来我们要给你系个小铃铛才行 |
[09:20] | Enough, Jay! | 够了 杰 |
[09:21] | My culture is very important to me! | 我的文化对我很重要 |
[09:23] | I’ve been working all day to share it with your family tonight, | 为了今晚跟你滴家人吃饭我忙了一整天 |
[09:26] | and all you do is mock me! | 你却只管嘲笑我 |
[09:28] | Just go! | 走开 |
[09:29] | Honey, I’m sorry. | 亲爱的 对不起 |
[09:30] | I’m just teasing you. | 我只是逗你玩 |
[09:32] | Instead of being the comedian, why don’t you help me? | 有时间当小丑 干嘛不帮我 |
[09:35] | What do you need? | 要我干什么 |
[09:37] | – Slap the chicken. – Do what? | -拍鸡肉 -干什么 |
[09:39] | In Colombia, when you cook in honor of the departed, | 在哥伦比亚 为了表示对死者的尊重 |
[09:43] | you have to scare death away from the food | 烹饪前要把死神从食物吓走 |
[09:45] | to protect the people that are gonna eat it. | 以保护将要吃此食物滴人 |
[09:48] | Slap it and yell. | 一边拍一边叫 |
[09:50] | That’s the nuttiest — | 那也太傻缺了 |
[09:51] | -Jay! -Calm down. | -杰 -淡定 |
[09:53] | Give me the chicken. | 鸡肉拿来 |
[09:55] | Here we go. | 拍就拍 |
[09:59] | That’s not scaring anything away. | 介么轻什么也吓不跑 |
[10:01] | When my grandfather used to cook, | 以前我爷爷做饭滴时候 |
[10:03] | the whole house would shake. | 整间房子都在颤抖 |
[10:08] | Louder. | 大声点 |
[10:12] | Higher. | 调高点 |
[10:15] | Louder! | 不够大声 |
[10:16] | Higher! Louder! There! | 调再高 声再大 这才差不多 |
[10:19] | I made all that up. | 我瞎编滴 |
[10:20] | That is not a real custom in Colombia. | 哥伦比亚没有这个习俗 |
[10:22] | We’re not lunatics. | 我们又不是精神错乱 |
[10:23] | But you mess with us, and we mess with you. | 但你惹姐不高兴 姐也不让你舒坦 |
[10:26] | That’s the custom. | 这才素我们的习俗 |
[10:31] | Louder! | 大声点 |
[10:35] | Hey, honey. Where’d you go? | 亲爱的 你去哪了 |
[10:36] | Nowhere. Just for a bike ride. | 哪也没去 就骑了会脚踏车 |
[10:38] | Oh, my god! Puh-lease tell me this text is wrong! | 我的天 求求你告诉我这短信纯属虚构 |
[10:40] | Did you really just go over to that kid’s house | 你真跑去那个小屁孩的家 |
[10:42] | and try and kiss him in front of a million people?! | 在众目睽睽之下跟他索吻 |
[10:45] | – Alex, did you do that? – You got a text? | -艾丽克斯你真这么做了 -你收到短信爆料了 |
[10:47] | Oh, yeah. Everybody knows. | 当然 地球人都知道了 |
[10:49] | Do you know how embarrassing this is for me?! | 你知道这让我有多尴尬吗 |
[10:51] | This is all your fault! | 这都是你的错 |
[10:52] | You’re the one who said I had to kiss him or I was a lesbian! | 是你说我如果不跟他接吻就是拉拉 |
[10:55] | Haley! Did you say that to her?! | 海莉 你真这么说了 |
[10:57] | Oh, don’t turn this on me. Look at her shoes! | 别扯到我身上 你看她穿的那双鞋 |
[10:59] | Ugh! I’m never going back to school now. | 我永远都不要去上学了 |
[11:00] | No, sweetheart. Yes, you are. You are going back to school. | 不 亲爱的 你要 你要去上学 |
[11:03] | But listen to me– Just because a boy sends you flirty texts. | 但听我说 男生给你发暧昧短信 |
[11:06] | Doesn’t mean that | 并不表示 |
[11:06] | -you have to text him back – what?! You read my texts?! | -你要回复他 -什么 你偷看我短信 |
[11:08] | – I… – You read her texts?! | -我… -你偷看她短信 |
[11:10] | That’s why you made me talk to her?! | 这就是为什么你要我跟她谈 |
[11:12] | You made her talk to me?! | 是你让她跟我谈的 |
[11:13] | I kind of feel like we’re spinning out here a little bit. | 我觉得我们现在把话题扯远了 |
[11:16] | Look, Alex, the important thing here | 艾丽克斯 重点是 |
[11:18] | Is that you have to be very careful how you behave around boys | 你跟男生的交往要格外小心 |
[11:20] | Because it is so easy to get a reputation. | 要不你很容易就把名声给毁了 |
[11:23] | Well, I’m sorry I’m not a perfect little good girl like you were! | 我很抱歉我不像你是那么完美的乖乖女 |
[11:29] | Were you? | 你乖吗 |
[11:31] | Were you?! | 你乖吗?! |
[11:32] | I highly doubt it! | 我严重怀疑 |
[11:36] | Don’t be such a chicken. There’s no ghost in here. | 胆子别这么小 这里根本没有什么鬼魂 |
[11:39] | I’m telling you, my Mom said her dead grander was in the house. | 我说真的 我妈说她过世的奶奶就在这 |
[11:43] | She said she felt her here this morning… | 她说她今天早上感觉到她的存在 |
[11:45] | In this room. | 就在这个房间 |
[11:46] | Maybe your Mom’s mentally ill. | 也许你妈精神病 |
[11:55] | Who puts a router… in the attic? | 是哪个天刹的把路由器… 放在阁楼里 |
[12:01] | Did she have a limp and a cane? | 她是不是腿脚不便 杵着一根枴杖 |
[12:14] | Ghost of Manny’s great-grandma, | 曼尼曾祖母的鬼魂 |
[12:17] | if that’s really you, | 如果真是你 |
[12:20] | Show yourself! | 快快显灵 |
[12:27] | That’s her! | 这就是我曾祖母 |
[12:35] | Come on! | 怎么会 |
[12:38] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[12:40] | Why?!! | 为什么?!! |
[12:46] | -Hi, grandpa.- How we doing, girls? | -外公好 -你们好吗 孩子们 |
[12:47] | Mom ruined my life today. | 我今天算是被妈妈毁了 |
[12:49] | -I didn’t ruin your life. I was – don’t even talk to me! | -我没有 我是 -不要和我说话 |
[12:51] | I didn’t even want to come here. | 我根本都不想来这 |
[12:53] | Well, okay. | 好了 |
[12:55] | Snacks and and sodas are in the living room, | 点心和苏打水在客厅 |
[12:56] | But don’t fill up — we’ve got intestines coming. | 别吃太饱 一会还要吃猪肠 |
[12:59] | Uh, dad, if you’re looking for your shoes, | 那个 爸 如果你在找鞋 |
[13:02] | I think I know where they are. | 我晓得在哪儿 |
[13:03] | This happens to be a colombian custom — | 这是个哥伦比亚风俗 |
[13:05] | Walking in the footsteps of the ancestors, blah, blah, blah. | 追随祖先的足迹啥啥啥的 |
[13:07] | Beats slapping the chicken. | 总比让我拍鸡肉好过 |
[13:12] | Here, I brought you a drink. | 来 我给你拿了杯喝的 |
[13:14] | Oh, wait a minute — | 等一下 |
[13:15] | Sip it first. | 你先喝一口 |
[13:17] | I’m not mad at you. | 我没生你气 |
[13:19] | I thought about it, and maybe you’re right. | 我想了一下 也许你是对的 |
[13:21] | I can be a little needy sometimes. | 有时候我是有点粘人了 |
[13:23] | Oh, well, I-I appreciate that. | 喔 谢谢你那么说 |
[13:25] | And you’re probably not entirely off base. | 当然也不全是你的错 |
[13:28] | I mean, lord knows I-I’ve got my quirks. | 我是说 天知道 我自己也很怪咖 |
[13:30] | And I-I’m not the most demonstrative guy around, | 我不是个爱感情外露的人 |
[13:33] | But I’m — I’m working on it. | 但是我在改 |
[13:36] | -And I’m gonna help you with it. -Good. | -我会帮你的 -好 |
[13:38] | Just don’t give up on me. | 别失去耐心 |
[13:40] | Never. | 永远不会 |
[13:42] | Okay, everybody, let’s gather around! | 大家伙都过来 |
[13:43] | Jay, come here. | 杰 过来 |
[13:45] | Tonight we dine on the traditional colombian recipes | 今晚我们吃传统哥伦比亚菜 |
[13:49] | of my abuela, my grandmother. | 我奶奶的拿手菜 [abuela西班牙语里祖母的意思] |
[13:51] | And even though she’s no longer with me, | 尽管她已经不在了 |
[13:54] | I am very happy because I have all of you. | 但素我很高兴 因为我有你们 |
[13:58] | To ana-maria rosa de la immaculada jimenez morales. | 为了我的祖母干杯[祖母名字不要太~长] |
[14:01] | To ana-maria rosa… | 为… 那谁干杯 |
[14:05] | That was beautiful, Gloria, | 歌洛莉亚 太美好了 |
[14:07] | just like my Mitchell. | 就像我的米奇尔一样 |
[14:13] | Just slipped right off there. | 好滑 |
[14:17] | Ay, Cameron, what happened? | 卡梅隆 怎么了 |
[14:19] | One moment you were there, | 刚才你还坐在那 |
[14:20] | the next, only shoes. | 一眨眼滴功夫就只看见鞋子了 |
[14:22] | I’ll tell you what happened — | 我告诉你是怎么回事 |
[14:23] | Mitchell is embarrassed to kiss me | 米奇尔不好意思 |
[14:24] | in front of other people. | 在别人面前吻我 |
[14:25] | No, you ambushed me! | 不是的 是你太突然了 |
[14:27] | Oh, Cam, come on. | 小卡 算了吧 |
[14:28] | Don’t take it personally. | 他不是针对你 |
[14:28] | When Mitchell was in high school, | 米奇尔上高中的时候 |
[14:30] | He was dating this girl — Robin Schier. | 和一个叫罗宾·希尔的女孩约会 |
[14:31] | He would never kiss her, either. | 他也从来不吻人家 |
[14:32] | That’s because I was gay. | 那是因为我是同志 |
[14:35] | What’s your excuse now? | 那现在你又有什么借口 |
[14:37] | Ay, Cameron, it’s not Mitch’s fault. | 卡梅隆 这不怪米奇尔 |
[14:40] | He gets it from his father. | 他遗传他爸 |
[14:41] | Jay doesn’t like the lovey-dovey in public, either. | 杰也不喜欢在公共场合黏黏呼呼滴 |
[14:45] | I can’t believe you’re coming at me right now. | 简直不敢相信你又扯到我身上来了 |
[14:47] | I’m standing here with shoes around my neck. | 我现在站在这 脖子上还套着双鞋 |
[14:49] | And for the better part of a half-hour, | 有大半个钟头 |
[14:51] | I screamed the death out of your meat. | 我都在大嚷着把肉里面的死神吓出来 |
[14:52] | -Now, what do you want from me? -Don’t you see? | -你到底想让我怎么样 -看见了吧 |
[14:55] | It’s because of you | 都是因为你 |
[14:57] | that your son cannot kiss his own lover. | 你儿子才不肯吻他情人的 |
[14:59] | – Don’t say “Lover.” – we don’t like “Lover.” | -不要说”情人” -我们不喜欢说”情人” |
[15:02] | Can we just eat? | 我们吃饭好不好 |
[15:04] | No. Tell Mitch | 不行 你告诉米奇尔 |
[15:05] | that it’s okay to kiss Cam in front of you. | 他可以当着你的面吻卡梅隆 |
[15:08] | Why is that something we have to do? | 干嘛非得这样 |
[15:10] | We don’t. | 不需要 |
[15:10] | Of course we don’t. | 当然不需要 |
[15:12] | Oh, I’m sorry that I don’t want to make out with you | 真对不起 我不想当着我全家人的面 |
[15:14] | in front of my whole family. | 和你亲热 |
[15:15] | No need to apologize. | 不用道歉 |
[15:17] | Oh, Gloria is right. | 歌洛莉亚说的对 |
[15:18] | Dad, you being so emotionally closed off | 爸爸 你这么封闭自己的感情 |
[15:21] | makes it very difficult for your children to show affection. | 影响了你的孩子也很难表达自己的感情 |
[15:24] | – Really? – Yes. | -是吗 -没错 |
[15:25] | You had trouble showing affection in public places? | 你在公共场合也不善于表达感情 |
[15:28] | -Yes!- You? -Yes. | -对 -你吗 -是的 |
[15:30] | Was that before or after | 那是在你什么也没穿 |
[15:32] | you were delivered to my door in a squad car, | 只穿着内衣 披着警察局的毯子 |
[15:33] | wearing nothing but your underwear and a police blanket? | 被巡逻车送到我门口之前还是之后 |
[15:36] | Oh, my god. What? You were arrested? | 天哪 什么 你进去过 |
[15:38] | -Awesome! – Not awesome. | -太给力了 -给什么力 |
[15:40] | And I wasn’t arrested. | 我没有被逮捕 |
[15:42] | Your grandfather was just telling a joke. | 你们外公只是在开玩笑 |
[15:43] | It was just a joke. I got a million of ’em. | 玩笑吗 我能讲N个呢 |
[15:46] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[15:47] | I did it! | 我成功啦 |
[15:47] | It’s printing! | 能打印了 |
[15:48] | I had to download new firmware, install new drivers, | 我下载了新固件 安装了新的驱动程序 |
[15:51] | change your encryption, and replace an ethernet cable | 改了你的加密码 还在蒸笼似的阁楼上 |
[15:53] | in a 100-degree attic, | 换了条以太网线缆 |
[15:55] | while dodging particularly aggressive spiders, | 一边还得防着点蜘蛛 |
[15:58] | but I did it! | 但是我做到了 |
[16:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:01] | Oh. Okay. I guess that’s it. | 喔 看来就这样了 |
[16:04] | What? What’s it? | 什么 就怎么样了 |
[16:05] | Wake up, dummy. | 还不明白吗 傻瓜 |
[16:06] | This is what we’re talking about. | 这就是我们说的 |
[16:09] | This guy’s been working like an imbecile all day for you. | 这家伙像白痴一样给你忙活了一天 |
[16:12] | People need something else — kisses, hugs. | 我们还需要别的东西 亲吻 拥抱 |
[16:15] | What, for fixing a printer? | 什么 就为了修理个打印机吗 |
[16:17] | Oh, it’s fine. It was only four hours. | 也没什么 只用了四个小时 |
[16:19] | I tipped over a paint can and threw up a little, | 我让一个油漆桶绊倒了 小吐了一下 |
[16:21] | But I think — I think “Thanks” about covers it. | 但是我想 我想这句”谢谢”也够了 |
[16:24] | Well, what’s wrong with “Thanks”? | 是啊 说”谢谢”怎么了 |
[16:25] | It’s pretty much the bare minimum, dad. | 爸爸 这几乎是最低程度的感激了 |
[16:26] | Jay, for god’s sakes, just say something. | 杰 看在上帝份上 说点什么 |
[16:30] | You want me to say something? | 你想让我说点什么吗 |
[16:32] | How about “You’re welcome”? | 那”欢迎你们”怎么样 |
[16:33] | How about “I’m — I’m so happy to be here for you all | “我很高兴你们大家都能来” |
[16:36] | so I can take the blame for all your crap.” | “所以我才能在这享受你们的碎碎念”吗 |
[16:39] | I don’t do this, | 我做不来 |
[16:39] | I never did that. | 我从来也不做这个 |
[16:40] | Trust me, I gave you twice | 相信我 我给你们的已经比我父亲 |
[16:43] | as much as my father ever gave me. | 给我的要多出一倍了 |
[16:44] | The man kissed me one time in my entire life. | 他一辈子就吻过我一次 |
[16:47] | He came up behind me, kissed me on the back of the head, | 他走到我身后亲了下我的后脑勺 |
[16:49] | said, “Goodnight, Becky.” | 对我说 晚安 贝奇 |
[16:50] | He thought I was my sister. | 他竟然把我当成了我妹妹 |
[16:51] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[16:53] | When was the last time you kissed Mitch? | 你上次亲米奇是什么时候 |
[16:55] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这都哪跟哪啊 |
[16:57] | Mitch, when was the last time he kissed you? | 米奇 他上次亲你是什么时候 |
[16:59] | I-I don’t remember. | 我记不得了 |
[17:00] | – It wasn’t that long ago. – I was 12. | -又没多久 -我12岁的时候 |
[17:02] | 12? This is the problem! | 12岁 这就是问题所在 |
[17:05] | Jay’s dad doesn’t kiss Jay, | 杰的老爸不亲杰 |
[17:07] | so Jay doe’t kiss Mitch, and Mitch is uptight. | 所以杰就不亲米奇 从而导致米奇灰常保守 |
[17:10] | Okay, okay, “Uptight” was really not on the table. | 好了好了 现在不是谈我保不保守的事 |
[17:13] | This is more about kissing. | 我们是在谈亲吻 |
[17:14] | Jay, kiss your son. He’s a mess. | 杰 亲吻你的儿子 他简直一团糟 |
[17:17] | Oh, come on, now. | 不会吧 现在吗 |
[17:18] | We don’t have to do that. It’s… | 我们其实不必这么做的 |
[17:20] | – Yes, you do. – No. – Come on. | -你要做 – 不 |
[17:22] | Come on, do it. You’re in front of your grandchildren. | 快滴 亲嘛 孙辈们都看着呢 |
[17:27] | All right, all right! Shut up! | 好吧好吧 别吵了 |
[17:31] | Mitch, get over here. | 米奇 过来 |
[17:32] | W-what, now? Well, I feel weird now. | 什么 现在吗 我觉得太诡异了 |
[17:34] | Don’t be coy. | 别扭扭捏捏的 |
[17:35] | What are you waiting for, a box of chocolates? | 你还等什么呢 一盒巧克力吗 |
[17:37] | Let’s do this. | 过来亲亲 |
[17:49] | That’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen. | 这是我见过的最甜蜜的事了 |
[17:51] | All right, and now because I never want to hear this again. | 就这样 我现在可不想再听到有人抱怨 |
[17:55] | You. | 到你了 |
[17:57] | Not you. | 没你的事 |
[17:58] | Oh, daddy, I love you. | 爸爸我爱你 |
[18:02] | Let’s go eat chunchullo! | 我们来吃圈圈肉吧 |
[18:03] | That’s ok. | 太好了 |
[18:05] | You know it’s made of pig intestines, right? | 那是用猪肠做的对吗 |
[18:13] | Alex, wait. | 艾丽克斯 等一下 |
[18:14] | – What? – I want to talk to you. | -怎么了 -我想和你谈谈 |
[18:16] | Mom, I don’t want another lecture. | 妈妈 我不想再听你的那些说教了 |
[18:18] | It’s not a lecture. I want to tell you something. | 不是说教 我想告诉你一些事情 |
[18:21] | Honey, I know exactly how you’re feeling. | 亲爱的 我完全了解你现在的心情 |
[18:23] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不了解 |
[18:25] | Okay, the — the joke that grandpa told tonight? | 好吧 还记得今晚外公讲的那个笑话吗 |
[18:30] | That — that happened. | 确 确实有这么回事 |
[18:32] | That…That was true. | 那 是真的 |
[18:34] | So, you were arrested naked? | 这么说你真裸着被抓过 |
[18:36] | I wasn’t naked! | 我没裸 |
[18:37] | And I was not arrested per se. | 而且我本身也没有被抓 |
[18:40] | I was driven home one night by the police | 我只是有天晚上被警车送回家 |
[18:44] | because my boyfriend and I | 而这是因为我和我男友 |
[18:45] | had gone swimming in somebody’s pool, | 没带泳衣 |
[18:48] | and we didn’t have bathing suits and — blah, blah, blah. | 就跑去别人的水池里游泳等等等等 |
[18:51] | The details aren’t important. | 细节不重要 |
[18:52] | What matters is that everybody at school was talking about it. | 关键在于学校里每个人都在谈论这件事 |
[18:56] | And I thought I would die. | 我当时以为自己死定了 |
[18:59] | But it passed. | 不过这事儿也就这么过去了 |
[19:00] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[19:02] | And now, honey, I’m — I’m glad it happened. | 而现在 宝贝 我很高兴有这么回事 |
[19:05] | I’ve got a funny story to tell at dinner parties. | 这让我在晚宴时有笑料可说 |
[19:09] | So, how long did it take before you thought it was funny? | 那你花了多久才觉得这事儿有趣的 |
[19:13] | Oh, god… | 老天 |
[19:15] | 10, 15 years. | 十到十五年吧 |
[19:17] | Great. What do I do about tomorrow? | 好极了 我明天怎么办 |
[19:20] | I don’t think you have to worry about that. | 我认为你不需要担心这个 |
[19:28] | Go, go, go. | 去吧去吧 |
[19:30] | In Colombia, we kiss for everything, | 在哥伦比亚 我们常常亲吻 |
[19:33] | because a kiss can mean so many different things. | 因为一个吻可以有辣么多涵义 |
[19:36] | There’s no ghost in here, is there? | 这儿没鬼吧 |
[19:38] | Not a chance. | 当然没 |
[19:40] | Sleep easy, kid. | 睡个好觉 孩子 |
[19:44] | It can be the start of something new. | 它可能素一个全新的开始 |
[19:54] | It can be how we say, “This is the person that I love.” | 也可能素我们说”这是我的爱人”的方式 |
[19:57] | So who’s a better kisser, me or your dad? | 谁吻功更高 我还是你老爸 |
[19:59] | Ew. | 恶[与”你”音相近] |
[20:01] | It can be romantic. | 也可能会很浪漫 |
[20:03] | Just so you know, if my friends weren’t there, | 只是想告诉你 要是我朋友不在那儿的话 |
[20:06] | I would’ve said yes. | 我会答应你的 |
[20:09] | So, if you still want to… | 所以 要是你还愿意的话 |
[20:13] | If it’s okay… | 要是可以的话 |
[20:15] | Maybe we should hang out more first. | 或许我们应该先多约会几次 |
[20:17] | This is only the second conversation we’ve had | 毕竟这是我们除了短信之外 |
[20:19] | that wasn’t by text. | 第二次说话 |
[20:22] | It can also be worth waiting for. | 也可能会值得等待 |
[20:24] | Jay, what is this? | 杰 这是什么 |
[20:28] | Just another nice thing I did for you | 不过是你耍我的时候 |
[20:30] | while you made a fool of me. | 我为你做的另一件好事罢了 |
[20:31] | Manny let me in on your little tricks. | 曼尼把你的小把戏都告诉我了 |
[20:34] | You feel bad now? | 你现在不爽了吗 |
[20:35] | No. I feel good. | 不 我感觉灰常好 |
[20:44] | That one is definitely my favorite. | 那照片绝对是我的最爱 |
[20:50] | Phil, you really don’t have to do this. | 菲尔 你真的不必这么做 |
[20:52] | No. I-I can do it. I wanna do it. | 不 我能做到 我想这么做 |
[20:55] | It’s silly to pay someone else just to do something — | 花钱请人来做这个真是太蠢了 |
[20:59] | Oh, no! Oh! | 哦 不 |
[21:01] | Oh, wait! No, no, don’t spill it! | 等等 别别 千万别洒出来 |
[21:02] | Sweetie, don’t spill that! | 亲爱的 别把它洒出来 |
[21:04] | Oh, that’s on me! | 你弄我身上去了 |
[21:04] | Careful! Oh, gosh! | 小心点 我的天啊 |
[21:05] | Okay, get up. You’re fine. | 没事的 站起来 你没事的 |
[21:07] | – Get it off! – Okay, I got it. | -把它弄掉 -好的 我来弄 |
[21:09] | I got it. Got it off. Got it off. | 我来弄 脱掉了 脱掉了 |
[21:10] | – Oh, the face! – Not the face! | -我的脸 -没弄你的脸 |
[21:11] | – Oh, the face! – All right, | -我的脸 -看到了 |
[21:13] | I’ll pull it down! You’re good! | 我会帮你擦掉的 你没事的 |
[21:14] | All right, I’m gonna have to | 好吧 我得去 |
[21:15] | – It’s on me. – I’ll cut it off. | -弄得我一身都是 -我来把衣服剪了 |
[21:16] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[21:19] | Get a bucket, please! | 帮我拿个桶 快点 |