时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Honey, honey, look, look. | 亲爱的亲爱的 快看快看 |
[00:06] | She’s doing that thing with her jaw again. | 她下巴又开始乱动了 |
[00:08] | Poor kid. She puts so much pressure on herself. | 可怜的孩子 她给自己太大压力了 |
[00:11] | It’s an obsessive-compulsive thing. | 这是强迫性神经失调 |
[00:12] | I have read like 100 articles about it. | 我看了不下一百篇相关论文了 |
[00:15] | Where does she get it from? | 她到底是怎么得上这病的 |
[00:16] | Yeah, it’s — it’s a mystery. | 这很难说 |
[00:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[00:21] | Alex… | 艾丽克斯 |
[00:22] | Honey, hi! Hi, hi, hi. | 宝贝 理我一下 |
[00:24] | Why don’t you take a little break? | 休息一下怎么样 |
[00:25] | Mom, the test is tomorrow morning. | 妈 明天早上就要考试了 |
[00:26] | I’m not taking any breaks. | 我一刻也不能休息 |
[00:28] | Just a little — oh, okay. | 就一小会 好吧 |
[00:30] | She does that jaw thing every six seconds. | 她每隔六秒下巴就动一下 |
[00:32] | It’s like the hippopotamus at the miniature-golf place. | 就像迷你高尔夫场的河马一样 |
[00:35] | Ohh, I’ve bounced so many balls off those big teeth. | 我的球总是被那些河马巨大的牙齿弹回来 |
[00:38] | It’s all about the timing! | 时机最重要 |
[00:39] | Luke! | 卢克 |
[00:40] | So close! | 就差一点 |
[00:41] | – Stop it, you idiot! – Hey, hey, Luke, go to your room. | -你个白痴别闹了 -卢克 回你房间去 |
[00:44] | Go on! | 快点 |
[00:45] | She’s got to eat. | 她必须吃点东西 |
[00:46] | – I did it out of love. – Go. | -我出于爱她才给她吃的 -快回房去 |
[00:50] | Look at her with the little harmonica. | 瞧她拿着小口琴的样子 |
[00:52] | I know. She’s like a little junior Junior Wells. | 是啊 她就像个小朱尼尔·韦尔斯一样 |
[00:55] | Where did you buy it for her? | 你在哪买的口琴啊 |
[00:56] | I thought you got it for her. | 我以为是你买给她的 |
[00:57] | Oh, no. Cam, she must have grabbed it from that store. | 坏了 小卡 她肯定是从刚才那家店顺手拿的 |
[00:59] | Okay. Honey… | 好吧 宝宝 |
[01:01] | listen. Stealing is wrong. | 听好了 偷东西是不对的 |
[01:03] | Now, we have to go back and pay for it. | 我们必须马上回去把钱付给人家 |
[01:05] | Cam, it’s so far away. | 小卡 那家店很远唉 |
[01:07] | No,I’m not going back there. | 没事 我也没真打算回去 |
[01:09] | Tracy? | 翠西 |
[01:10] | Oh, my god. Mitchell. | 天啊 是你啊 米奇尔 |
[01:12] | Uh, this is — this is Cameron, my partner… | 这位是卡梅隆 我的伴侣 |
[01:15] | Oh. And, uh, our daughter, Lily. | 这是我们的女儿莉莉 |
[01:17] | Oh, Cam, this is — this is Tracy. | 小卡 这位是 这位是翠西 |
[01:19] | Oh. “Tracy” Tracy. | 就是你之前提过的那位翠西啊 |
[01:21] | – Yes. – Oh, hi. | -是的 -久仰大名 |
[01:22] | Tracy was my high-school girlfriend. | 翠西是我高中时的女朋友 |
[01:24] | Yes. Yes, it’s true. | 千真万确哦 |
[01:25] | I had girlfriends — quite a few, actually. | 我交过女朋友 事实上还不止一个 |
[01:28] | I, too, took my fair share of ladies to the hen house. | 我也带过不少女生去鸡舍呢 |
[01:31] | Literally, | 真的就是鸡舍 |
[01:31] | I did take them to the hen house. | 我带她们去养鸡的地方 |
[01:32] | That’s the only place | 那可是农场里 |
[01:33] | you could get some privacy on a farm. | 唯一能有点隐私的地方 |
[01:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:35] | What were these — what were these girls’ names? | 那些 那些女孩叫什么 |
[01:37] | Oh, well, there was Nellie Forbush… | 有奈丽·福布什 |
[01:39] | Betty Rizzo… | 贝蒂·里佐 |
[01:41] | – Eliza… – Doolittle. | -艾丽莎 -杜利特尔 |
[01:42] | These are characters from musicals. | 这些都是音乐剧人物的名字 |
[01:45] | You’re so gay, | 你太基了 |
[01:46] | you can’t even think of real girls’ names. | 你都想不出个女生的名字 |
[01:47] | Kim Mcafee — that’s a real one. | 金·麦卡非 这可是个真名字 |
[01:48] | “Bye Bye Birdie.” | 这是《再见,伯迪》里面的 |
[01:50] | What’s new? | 你最近怎么样 |
[01:51] | I got married last year. | 我去年结婚了 |
[01:53] | Th-that’s great. | 太棒了 |
[01:54] | How long are you in town for? | 你打算在城里待多久 |
[01:55] | Just a couple of days. We’re staying at my folks’. | 就待个两三天 我们现在住我父母家 |
[01:57] | Oh, I want to hear all about Mitchell from high school. | 我太想知道米奇尔高中时是啥样的了 |
[01:59] | Did he have a beard? | 那时他有胡子吗 |
[02:00] | Uh, you’re looking at her. | 他现在跟那时一样 没怎么变 |
[02:03] | Of course I didn’t know it back then. | 当然我那时不知道他喜欢男生 |
[02:06] | But we should — we should all | 不过我们应该 |
[02:07] | we should all hang out. | 一起出来聚聚 |
[02:08] | Uh…no. | 还是算了吧 |
[02:10] | W-well, take care. | 保重 |
[02:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:13] | Bye. | 再见 |
[02:16] | Thumpety thump-thump. Look at frosty go! | 瞧她那冷冰冰的表情 |
[02:19] | That was weird. | 是有点奇怪 |
[02:20] | Well, don’t worry about it. It’s high school, honey. | 别想哪么多了 都是高中的事了 |
[02:23] | – Well, actually… – What? | -实际上 -怎么了 |
[02:25] | At our 10-year reunion, we got a little drunk, | 毕业十周年聚会上 我们有点喝多了 |
[02:28] | started reminiscing, one thing led to another… | 于是开始追忆往事 结果不知不觉就 |
[02:32] | You went back? | 难道你又变直了 |
[02:33] | I-I think I just wanted to see if I could. | 我只是想看看我能不能做到 |
[02:36] | Turns out I could. | 结果我还真可以 |
[02:37] | Where did this happen?! | 这事儿在哪发生的 |
[02:39] | Um, in the nurse’s office. | 在校医室 |
[02:40] | I can still hear the crinkling of the paper. | 我耳边现在还响着纸张的卷缩声 |
[02:43] | After that, I-I didn’t return any of her phone calls, | 在那之后我一直没回过她电话 |
[02:45] | and I haven’t seen her since. | 也没再见过她 |
[02:49] | You naughty little girl. | 你这个小坏蛋 |
[02:51] | Well, you know, that’s what happens | 没办法 可可利口酒喝多了 |
[02:53] | when you give me Kahlua. | 我就会这样 |
[03:09] | Hello. | 喂 |
[03:09] | Jay, guess who called. | 杰 猜猜刚才谁打电话来了 |
[03:11] | – The hoffmans. – Who? | -霍夫曼一家 -谁 |
[03:13] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[03:14] | The ones from the hotel bar in Cabo. | 就是我们在卡波的酒店酒吧里认识的那家人 |
[03:16] | They’re in town for the night. They want to go to dinner. | 他们今晚进城过夜 想一跟咱们起吃个晚饭 |
[03:18] | Oh, hell. The boring guy and the loudmouth? | 该死 是那个无趣男和那个大嗓门吗 |
[03:20] | I know. I was so excited that they called. | 就是 接到他们的电话我超开心 |
[03:23] | I don’t want to see them. | 我不想见他们 |
[03:24] | I know! So much fun! | 就是 他们太好玩了 |
[03:27] | You’re with them right now, aren’t you? | 你正和他们在一起吧 |
[03:29] | Yes! Ha ha. | 是啊 |
[03:30] | And they can’t wait to see you, too! | 他们也迫不及待想见你呢 |
[03:36] | Okay, pencils down. You’re taking a break. | 好了 把笔放下 你必须休息一下 |
[03:39] | No, I-I can’t afford to take a break. | 不行 我可不能休息 |
[03:41] | Sanjay patel’s not taking a break. | 桑杰·帕特尔也没休息 |
[03:43] | Well, obviously, Sanjay’s parents don’t care about him. | 显然桑杰的父母不关心他 |
[03:46] | Or “her”. | 或是”她” |
[03:47] | What is that — “Sanjay”? | 桑杰是个什么破名字啊 |
[03:48] | Sanjay’s the only one in class | 桑杰是全班 |
[03:49] | who might do better than me, | 唯一可能超过我的人 |
[03:50] | and I cannot let that happen. | 我绝对不允许这件事发生 |
[03:51] | Honey, listen to yourself. | 宝贝 听听你说的话 |
[03:52] | It’s just not healthy. | 这心态可不健康 |
[03:54] | This is my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[03:56] | You see me achieve excellence, | 你看到我如此优异 |
[03:57] | and it puts a lot of pressure on you. | 所以压力才会很大 |
[03:59] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[04:00] | Sorry. Yeah. | 不好意思 |
[04:02] | It puts a lot of pressure on both of you. | 我的优异让你们两个都有很大压力 |
[04:04] | Thanks, Phil. | 谢谢你 菲尔 |
[04:05] | – Okay, come on. Let’s go have some fun! – No! | -好了 走吧 我们找点乐子去 -不要 |
[04:08] | Let’s go! | 走吧 |
[04:09] | Yes! | 没错 |
[04:12] | Doesn’t this feel good, sweetheart? | 这感觉不错吧 宝贝儿 |
[04:14] | It’s fun, right? | 好玩吧 |
[04:17] | Honestly, I think you’re overly worried about Lily. | 说实在的 我觉得你太过担心莉莉了 |
[04:20] | It’s not like she’s gonna grow up to be a thief. | 又不是说她长大后就会变成贼 |
[04:23] | And besides, at the end of the day, | 再说 最重要的是 |
[04:24] | who does she learn her behavior from? | 她的行为准则是跟谁学的 |
[04:26] | Us. | 我们 |
[04:28] | We’re her role models. | 我们是她的楷模 |
[04:33] | Like mama always said, | 就像我妈常说的那样 |
[04:35] | our children are just miniature versions of us. | 我们的孩子就是我们的迷你版本 |
[04:38] | – Come on. – Cam. | -走吧 -小卡 |
[04:48] | Oh, come on, Jay. | 来嘛 杰 |
[04:49] | Give me one smile. | 给姐笑个 |
[04:50] | I know you want to. | 我知道你很开心的 |
[04:52] | Oh, come on, Jay. Give me one smile. I know you want to. | 来嘛 杰 给姐笑个 我知道你很开心的 |
[04:57] | Isn’t that fun, Jay? | 这个好玩吧 杰 |
[04:58] | Oh, this has been so much fun! | 咱们聚在一起真是太好了 |
[05:01] | You know, I’m surprised to hear you say that. | 听到你这么说 我很惊讶呢 |
[05:03] | You’ve been pretty quiet. | 你今晚一直都很沉默呢 |
[05:05] | That’s because I’m a listener. | 那是因为我是个聆听者 |
[05:06] | I love to listen. | 我喜欢聆听 |
[05:08] | It’s my hobby. | 这是我的爱好 |
[05:09] | Listening is your hobby? | 聆听是你的爱好吗 |
[05:10] | Sure. | 当然 |
[05:12] | You guys have got to come out and visit us. | 你们一定要过来拜访我们 |
[05:13] | Seriously. We’re not taking no for an answer. | 说真的 你们可不能拒绝 |
[05:15] | Yes. Yes, yes. | 没错 没错 没错 |
[05:15] | – Oh, we would love to! – Okay, let’s slow down. | -我们非常愿意 -好吧 咱慢慢来 |
[05:19] | You’re nice people. | 你们是很好的人 |
[05:20] | We’re nice people. | 我们也是很好的人 |
[05:21] | But let’s be honest — | 但是 说实在的 |
[05:22] | we’ve all tried to do that thing | 我们都在尝试着 |
[05:24] | where we force a friendship | 逼自己认为咱们是朋友 |
[05:26] | that isn’t really there. | 但实际上咱们并不是 |
[05:27] | So why don’t we just call it a day right now | 所以咱们何不就此结束这一切 |
[05:30] | and say goodbye, shake hands, | 相互道再见 握个手 |
[05:32] | wish each other well? | 祝愿每个人幸福安康 |
[05:33] | Oh, my god. | 我的天啊 |
[05:36] | This is so uncomfortable. | 这太尴尬了 |
[05:37] | No, no, but the beauty of it is | 不 不 这件事好就好在 |
[05:38] | we’re never gonna see each other again, | 我们以后永远都不会再见面了 |
[05:39] | so there’s no reason to be uncomfortable. | 所以 也用不着感到尴尬 |
[05:42] | They’re staying with us tonight. | 他们今晚住咱们家 |
[05:43] | Their bags are in our house. | 他们的行李还在咱家呢 |
[05:45] | Oh, then you were right. | 那么你说对了 |
[05:48] | This is uncomfortable. | 这的确很尴尬 |
[05:50] | This is uncomfortable. | 这的确很尴尬 |
[05:56] | Do you like it? | 好吃吗 |
[05:58] | The recipe called for a cup of water, | 做这道菜的时候需要加一杯水 |
[05:59] | but I used milk instead to make the sauce creamier. | 但是我用牛奶替代了 这样酱汁更粘稠 |
[06:02] | Cam, I need to tell you something. | 小卡 我要跟你说件事 |
[06:04] | You hate it. | 你讨厌这道菜 |
[06:05] | – Cameron. – No. | -卡梅隆 -不 |
[06:05] | You’re right. I shouldn’t try anything new ever. | 你是对的 我永远都不该尝试新的东西 |
[06:07] | Stop it. I’m trying to talk to you. | 别闹了 我要跟你说正事 |
[06:09] | Okay, today, | 是这样的 今天 |
[06:10] | when we were leaving the mall, | 当我们离开百货商场的时候 |
[06:12] | I saw Tracy by the fountain — | 我看到翠西在喷泉旁 |
[06:13] | Please, don’t tell me you slept with her again. | 不要告诉我你又跟她睡了 |
[06:17] | Did you? You didn’t. Right? | 有吗 没有吧 对吧 |
[06:19] | You’re joking. | 你在开玩笑 |
[06:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:20] | Okay. Um… | 好吧 |
[06:22] | I don’t know how to say this, or — or if I’m even right. | 我不知道该怎么开口 我都不知道我猜的对不对 |
[06:24] | I’m probably not. | 也许是我猜错了 |
[06:25] | But, um, she was with a redheaded boy, | 但是 她跟一个大概八岁左右的 |
[06:30] | about 8 years old, | 红头发的小男孩在一起 |
[06:32] | which is the same number of years since we… | 自从我们俩那个以后 也差不多过了八年 |
[06:36] | No! | 不 |
[06:37] | And she said she’d only been married a year, | 而她说 她结婚才一年 |
[06:39] | and it would explain why | 而这正好说明了 |
[06:40] | she was so awkward with me, and — | 她见到我为什么会那么别扭 |
[06:44] | No. | 不 |
[06:46] | I know. I know. It’s crazy, | 我知道 我知道 这很疯狂 |
[06:46] | but, Cam, I need to find out if he’s mine. | 但是 小卡 我必须搞清楚他是不是我儿子 |
[06:50] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[06:51] | Yeah. Yeah, well, you don’t just tell your partner | 是的 你不能跟你的伴侣说 |
[06:53] | you may have a baby with someone else | 你或许跟其他人有了孩子 |
[06:55] | and expect him to go back to eating | 然后还指望他能 |
[06:56] | a delicious and inventive meal | 像什么事都没发生过一样 |
[06:58] | like it’s nothing! | 继续吃这顿美味且独创的佳肴 |
[06:59] | Okay, Cam, but even if he is mine, | 我明白 小卡 可就算他真是我儿子 |
[07:01] | it doesn’t change anything between us. | 咱俩之间也不会有任何改变 |
[07:03] | Mitchell, I need to have my reaction. | 米奇尔 你必须得让我消化一下 |
[07:13] | Jay! | 杰 |
[07:15] | They order a cab. Are you happy now? | 他们叫了一辆出租车 你现在满意了吗 |
[07:16] | I’ll be happy when I hear a trunk close. | 当我听到关车门的声音才会满意 |
[07:20] | Hey, mom. You want a drink of water? | 妈妈 你要喝杯水吗 |
[07:22] | No, pape. Not right now. | 不 小可爱 现在不要 |
[07:23] | You sure? You look thirsty. | 你确定吗 你看起来很渴 |
[07:25] | What’s with you and the water today? | 你今天是怎么了 老叫我喝水 |
[07:27] | It’s a dribble cup. | 这是一个滴水杯 |
[07:28] | You can’t drink from it without spilling. | 用它喝水肯定会漏 |
[07:30] | I think it’s going to make me very popular. | 我觉得这会让我很受欢迎 |
[07:32] | Ay, pape, why do you need these things | 小可爱 你为啥要用这些东西 |
[07:33] | to make you popular? | 来让你受欢迎呢 |
[07:35] | First the walking stick, | 先是拐杖 |
[07:36] | – then the business cards. – Are they gone yet? | -然后又是名片的 -他们走了吗 |
[07:38] | Why did you talk to them like that? | 你为何要跟他们说那种话 |
[07:40] | What? I was just being honest. | 怎么了 我不过是实话实说罢了 |
[07:41] | They’re boring as hell! | 他们无聊得要死 |
[07:42] | Quiet! They can hear you! | 小声点 他们会听到的 |
[07:44] | Oh, he probably already heard me. | 他或许已经听到了 |
[07:45] | His hobby is listening. | 他的兴趣就是聆听嘛 |
[07:47] | Jay, you don’t treat people like that. | 杰 你不能这样对待别人 |
[07:49] | What? I should do what you do? | 怎么 难道要我像你一样吗 |
[07:50] | Pretend to like someone you don’t? | 假装喜欢那些你并不喜欢的人 |
[07:52] | I’m doing it right now. | 我现在就在假装喜欢你 |
[07:53] | Can I tell you something, Gloria? | 这么说吧 歌洛莉亚 |
[07:55] | When you reach a certain age, | 当你到了一定年纪 |
[07:56] | you want to spend what precious little time you have left | 你就会想把你余下的这点宝贵的时间 |
[07:59] | with people you actually like, | 花在那些你真正喜欢的人身上 |
[08:01] | not some bozos who glommed onto you. | 而不是那些想从你这得到什么的混蛋身上 |
[08:03] | Tell me about it. | 深有同感 |
[08:05] | I’ve got a clingy fifth grader I can’t shake. | 有一个五年级的总粘着我 甩都甩不掉 |
[08:07] | See, even Manny knows. | 瞧见了没 连曼尼都知道 |
[08:08] | I got your back, Jay. Thirsty? | 我支持你 杰 渴了吗 |
[08:10] | Manny, go to sleep. | 曼尼 去睡觉 |
[08:11] | Can we just please forget about this now? | 我们能不能别再提这事了 |
[08:13] | And the worst thing | 最过分的是 |
[08:15] | is that you sold me out without warning | 你都不警告我一下 就把我给卖了 |
[08:17] | and made me look like a fool. | 让我像个傻瓜一样 |
[08:18] | Husband and wife are supposed to help each other, | 夫妇间应该互相帮助 |
[08:20] | not throw each other under the bus! | 而不是把对方往火坑里推 |
[08:22] | I would never do that to you! | 我就绝不会那样对你 |
[08:24] | Gloria — Gloria, wait! | 歌洛莉亚 歌洛莉亚 等等 |
[08:28] | Could you get my book for me? I left it downstairs. | 帮我拿一下书好吗 我把它落在楼下了 |
[08:34] | There you are. | 你来了 |
[08:35] | Our cab is here. | 我们的计程车到了 |
[08:37] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[08:38] | Not your fault. Well, goodbye. | 不是你的错 那就再见了 |
[08:42] | Ay, wait. You left this. | 等一下 你们忘了拿这个 |
[08:44] | Oh, no, that’s…for you. | 不 那是送给你的 |
[08:46] | In Cabo, you mentioned you were a fan | 在卡波你说过自己是 |
[08:47] | of Gabriel García Márquez. | 加夫列尔·加西亚·马尔克斯的粉丝 |
[08:48] | So, we tracked him down | 所以我们找到他 |
[08:50] | and got him to sign a copy | 让他在《百年孤独》一书上 |
[08:51] | of “One Hundred Years of Solitude” for you. | 为你签名 |
[08:54] | That’s amazing. | 这礼物太珍贵了 |
[08:55] | Well… | 我们走了 |
[08:57] | No, no. Don’t go. | 不 不 别走 |
[08:59] | I really want you to spend the night here. | 我真的想留你们在这过夜 |
[09:02] | Jay clearly doesn’t. | 杰显然不这么想 |
[09:03] | Jay doesn’t know what he wants. | 杰不知道自己想要什么 |
[09:06] | I don’t like to tell this to people, but, uh… | 虽然我不愿跟别人提起这事 不过 |
[09:09] | Jay’s mind is…going away. | 杰的脑子已经 不太好使了 |
[09:12] | – Oh, my god. – No. | -天哪 -不会吧 |
[09:13] | He’s so old, some nights it’s like… | 他年事已高 好几个夜晚我甚至感觉 |
[09:17] | he’s not even here. | 他的神智都不怎么清楚了 |
[09:20] | Gloria, honey. | 歌洛莉亚 亲爱的 |
[09:23] | That’s it. We’re not going anywhere. | 就这么定了 我们哪都不去了 |
[09:24] | Come on. | 过来 |
[09:34] | You never came to bed. | 你昨晚没上床睡觉 |
[09:36] | I fell asleep in the den. | 我在书房睡着了 |
[09:38] | Cam, we need to talk about — | 小卡 我们得谈谈 |
[09:40] | Mitchell, wait. | 米奇尔 等等 |
[09:42] | Listen. | 听着 |
[09:43] | I was up all night, thinking about it. | 我彻夜未眠 思前想后 |
[09:45] | And here’s the thing. | 得出的结论是 |
[09:47] | If you would have told me 10 years ago | 如果十年前你告诉我 |
[09:48] | that I would be living with someone | 有朝一日我会和某人共同生活 |
[09:50] | and raising a beautiful baby girl, | 并一起养育一个漂亮的小女孩 |
[09:52] | I would have said you were crazy. | 我会说你疯了 |
[09:54] | But here we are. | 但现在这一切都成了事实 |
[09:56] | And you and Lily are the best things | 你和莉莉是我生命中 |
[09:58] | that have ever happened to me. | 最美好的东西 |
[09:59] | So if you’re telling me there’s another kid, | 所以如果你说还有一个孩子 |
[10:02] | how can that be anything but good? | 那只能是件好事了 对吧 |
[10:04] | Oh, Cam, that’s — that means so — | 小卡 我太 我太 |
[10:06] | No, it’s okay. | 不 没事的 |
[10:07] | No, I need to have my reaction. | 不 我必须释放一下情感 |
[10:10] | We’re gonna be okay. | 我们会没事的 |
[10:13] | So what do we do now? | 那我们现在该怎么办 |
[10:14] | I don’t know. I guess I’m gonna have to — | 不知道 我想我应该 |
[10:16] | I’m gonna have to call Tracy | 我应该打个电话给翠西 |
[10:17] | and tell her that we need to talk. | 跟她说我们得谈谈 |
[10:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:21] | – Are you nervous? – I’m terrified. | -你紧张吗 -我快吓死了 |
[10:22] | Yes. I mean, what’s this kid gonna think of me? | 我是说 这孩子会怎么想我 |
[10:25] | I’ve been absent for the first eight years of his life. | 他人生最初的八年我都不在身边 |
[10:27] | I mean, how do you make up for time like that when — | 该如何弥补这一段时间 |
[10:29] | Okay, slow down. | 好 你先冷静下来 |
[10:30] | You’re spinning out. | 你想太多了 |
[10:31] | It’s probably just a false alarm. | 也许这一切都只是咱俩在瞎想 |
[10:33] | No, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[10:33] | This could be my “going bald” scare all over again. | 可能跟我上次以为自己要秃了那次一样 |
[10:36] | Yeah. And we know how that turned out. | 是啊 咱都知道那事的最终结果 |
[10:43] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[10:45] | What would happen if the greatest scientists on earth | 如果世上最伟大的科学家们联手促成 |
[10:48] | got together to mate nature’s two most violent predators? | 两大最凶猛食肉动物的交配会怎么样 |
[10:53] | Are we talking about “Croctopus” in 3D? | 你是在说”蓝环章鱼”3D版吗 |
[10:57] | At 2 10. | 两张十美元 |
[10:58] | Book it! | 速度出手 |
[10:59] | Claire and I share a true love of cheesy cinema. | 克莱尔和我热衷于淘便宜电影票 |
[11:03] | Um, our favorite categories | 我们喜欢的影片类型有 |
[11:04] | include genetically engineered animals gone wrong… | 基因处理后失控的生物 |
[11:07] | Old and young people switching bodies. | 交换肉身的老者与少年 |
[11:09] | Uh, tough guys taking care of babies. | 艰苦养育孩子的人们 |
[11:11] | Any sequel three and higher. | 出过3部以上续集的任何一部电影 |
[11:13] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[11:14] | Usually get a new cast around five — | 通常新片的入手价在一张五美元左右 |
[11:15] | That’s where the magic really happens. | 这才是亮点 |
[11:20] | Hey, honey, how’d your test go? | 亲爱的 考试成绩怎么样 |
[11:22] | Second highest in the class. | 全班第二 |
[11:23] | Well, that’s great. | 不错啊 |
[11:24] | Sanjay Patel edged me out by 12 points. | 桑杰·帕特尔比我高十二分 |
[11:26] | – Oh, honey, who cares what she did? – It’s a he! | -亲爱的 谁在乎那丫头考几分 -是个小子 |
[11:29] | Sanjay is a very common Indian boy’s name. | 桑杰是个很普通的印度男孩名 |
[11:31] | There are like millions of them. | 叫这名字的有上百万人呢 |
[11:33] | Sweetheart, it’s still a great score. | 宝贝 你还是考得很好 |
[11:34] | I hope you’re not beating yourself up. | 你对自己别太苛刻了 |
[11:35] | – I’m not. – That’s our girl. | -我没有 -那才是我们的好孩子 |
[11:37] | Sanjay’s dad’s a surgeon. His mom’s a professor. | 桑杰的爸爸是外科医生 妈妈是教授 |
[11:39] | I can’t compete with that. | 这我可没法比 |
[11:40] | I’ll just have to do the best I can | 我只能根据自家情况 |
[11:41] | with what I was given. | 竭尽全力 |
[11:42] | Good for you! | 好孩子 |
[11:43] | We’re proud of you, honey. | 亲爱的 我们为你骄傲 |
[11:45] | She’s such a good kid. | 她真是个好孩子 |
[11:46] | Yeah, she is. | 是啊 |
[11:49] | Did she just say she was gonna do the best | 她是不是说只能 |
[11:50] | with what she was given? | 根据自家情况竭尽全力 |
[11:52] | I don’t know. I was still thinking about all the Sanjays. | 不知道啊 我还在想有那么多人叫桑杰 |
[11:54] | I don’t know any, but I know three Miltons. | 我却一个也不认识 但我认识三个叫米尔顿的 |
[11:56] | She’s saying we’re stupid! | 她是在嫌我们笨 |
[11:59] | Well, she’s…wrong. | 那她就错了 |
[12:01] | Is she? | 真的吗 |
[12:01] | Honey, look at how long it just took us | 亲爱的 你看咱俩过了多久 |
[12:03] | to figure out that she’s insulting us. | 才明白她是在损我们 |
[12:05] | Are we holding our kids back? | 我们给孩子拖后腿了吗 |
[12:07] | No. We’re both bright people. | 才没呢 咱俩都挺聪明的 |
[12:10] | We’re college graduates. We read. | 咱俩都是大学毕业 爱看书 |
[12:12] | I’d go so far as to say | 我觉得我可以肯定地说 |
[12:13] | we’re as intellectual and sophisticated as — | 咱俩的智慧和阅历就跟 |
[12:15] | Sweet! “Croctopus” tickets confirmed! | 太棒了 “蓝环章鱼”的票到手了 |
[12:26] | Oh, I just think that we should offer to take Manny. | 我只是觉得应该我们应该提议带曼尼去玩玩 |
[12:28] | Maybe for a weekend. Something. | 也许一起过个周末之类的 |
[12:30] | Hey, guys. | 大家好啊 |
[12:31] | – Oh, hey, Manny. – Hey, Manny. | -曼尼好啊 -你好啊曼尼 |
[12:35] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[12:37] | Got a golf lesson. | 去上高尔夫球课 |
[12:38] | My swing’s a mess. | 我的挥击太烂了 |
[12:39] | Manny’s coming with me. | 曼尼和我一起去 |
[12:39] | No, you can’t go downstairs now. | 不行 你现在不能下楼 |
[12:41] | You’ll run into the Hoffmans. | 你会撞见霍夫曼夫妇的 |
[12:42] | Actually, I want to talk to them, | 其实 我也想跟他们谈谈 |
[12:43] | because I’ve been thinking about | 因为我一直在想 |
[12:45] | what you said last night, | 你昨晚说的话 |
[12:45] | and I’m sorry if I embarrassed you. | 我很抱歉让你难堪了 |
[12:48] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[12:48] | You never would have done that to me. | 你永远不会对我做那样的事 |
[12:50] | – I forgive you! – So I’ll say goodbye. | -我原谅你了 -所以我要去跟他们道个别 |
[12:52] | No, Jay. | 杰 不要去 |
[12:52] | Don’t do that. | 别去 |
[12:53] | First they think you like them. | 一开始他们以为你喜欢他们 |
[12:55] | Then they think you don’t like them. | 然后又觉得你不喜欢他们 |
[12:57] | Don’t confuse them. | 别把他们搞糊涂了 |
[12:58] | I want to do this for you. | 我想为你做这件事 |
[13:01] | Jay, wait! | 杰 等一下 |
[13:02] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[13:03] | Ay, Jay, wait! | 杰 等一下 |
[13:06] | So, hey, how — how are you handling things, | 那么 你是 你是怎么做到的呢 |
[13:08] | you know, with Jay? | 我是说 和杰相处 |
[13:10] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[13:11] | Honey, your mom told us | 亲爱的 你妈妈跟我们说了 |
[13:13] | that Jay’s, you know, | 杰的情况 我是说 |
[13:14] | a little off his game. | 他状态有点不太好 |
[13:15] | A little? It’s hard to watch. | 哪止一点呀 简直不能看 |
[13:18] | It must be so frustrating for him. | 那他一定很沮丧 |
[13:21] | Well, he does swear a lot. | 他的确经常骂人 |
[13:23] | You know, the worst is when he goes off into the woods. | 最糟糕的是当他跑进树林的时候 |
[13:26] | Oh, and when he drives — | 还有 当他开车的时候 |
[13:27] | Oh, my god. Look out. | 我的天呐 真得小心 |
[13:29] | I’m surprised he hasn’t killed anybody yet! | 我很惊讶他到现在还没撞死过人 |
[13:34] | I’m so glad you guys are still here. | 太好了 你们还在 |
[13:36] | I just want to say… | 我只是想说 |
[13:39] | sorry for last night. | 昨晚很抱歉 |
[13:40] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[13:41] | We understand. | 我们理解 |
[13:42] | Ay, you see? Problem is solved. | 你看 问题解决了吧 |
[13:44] | Now go. You’re going to be late. | 走吧 你要迟到了 |
[13:46] | There’s nothing wrong with you guys. | 你们都没有错 |
[13:47] | You know, it’s — it’s me. | 错的是我 |
[13:48] | Oh, we know. | 我们知道 |
[13:48] | We went through the same thing with Steph’s father. | 斯蒂芬的父亲也有过同样的经历 我们能了解 |
[13:52] | Now I’m confused. | 现在我有点懵了 |
[13:53] | I’m Steph. | 我是斯蒂芬 |
[13:54] | Uh, here, Jay. I poured you a glass of orange juice. | 杰 拿着 我给你倒了一杯橙汁 |
[13:57] | Thanks, kid. | 谢谢你 孩子 |
[14:03] | What the hell? What’s wrong with me?! | 怎么回事 我到底是怎么了 |
[14:05] | It’s always funny. | 这总是很好玩 |
[14:05] | Jay, go change. | 杰 去换衣服吧 |
[14:07] | I’ll be there in one second. | 我一会就上来 |
[14:08] | Maybe we should get going. | 也许我们也该出发了 |
[14:09] | Well, at least let me drive you to the airport. | 那至少让我载你们去机场吧 |
[14:11] | – No, no. No, no, no. – Oh, no, no, no. | -不不不不不 -不不不不不 |
[14:12] | We’ll call a cab. | 我们叫出租车就好 |
[14:14] | Honey, do you want popcorn or anything? | 亲爱的 你要吃爆米花什么的吗 |
[14:15] | No, I’m good… | 不用 我不想吃 |
[14:17] | ‘n’ plenty. | 再说我自己带了不少吃的呢 |
[14:19] | So hold your water | 水也不用买 |
[14:22] | ’cause I’ve got some “Twix” up my sleeve. | 而且我还在袖子里藏了些特趣巧克力 |
[14:25] | You may be cool, | 也许你很厉害 |
[14:26] | but I’m…wine cooler. | 但是我包里有饮料 |
[14:29] | I love us. | 咱俩真是绝配 |
[14:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:33] | Well, hello, Dunphy! | 你好啊 邓菲 |
[14:36] | – Who is that? – It’s the Patels, | -那是谁 -是帕特尔夫妇 |
[14:38] | Sanjay’s parents. | 桑杰的父母 |
[14:39] | Hey. Hey, how are you? | 最近好吧 |
[14:40] | I heard Sanjay did so well on his test today. | 我听说桑杰今天考得相当好 |
[14:42] | Oh, yes, we’re very proud of him. | 是的 我们都引以为傲 |
[14:43] | Indeed. | 确实 |
[14:45] | Are you here to see “Deux jour de la vie”? | 你们是来看《两天的生活》的吗 |
[14:48] | Well, we’re not here to see “Croctopus”! | 我们可不是来看《蓝环章鱼》的 |
[14:53] | Forgive Vish if you hear him groan. | 如果你听见韦什的抱怨请不要见怪 |
[14:54] | He gets annoyed if the subtitles are mistranslated. | 他一看见译错的字幕就来气 |
[14:57] | Well, that makes “Deux” of us. | 看来咱俩一样呀 |
[15:01] | I guess we’ll…see you in there. | 那一会儿 电影院里见了 |
[15:03] | – All right. – You bet. | -没问题 -当然 |
[15:04] | See you in there! | 待会见了 |
[15:10] | Phil, where are you going?! | 菲尔 你去哪啊 |
[15:13] | “Croctopus.” | 看”蓝环章鱼”啊 |
[15:14] | Honey. Honey! | 亲爱的 亲爱的 |
[15:17] | I think we should go see this movie. | 我觉得我们应该去看这部电影 |
[15:19] | Why do I have to watch a French movie? | 我为什么非得看一部法国电影呢 |
[15:20] | I didn’t do anything wrong. | 我又没做错事 |
[15:22] | Well, maybe Alex has a point. | 也许艾丽克斯说的对 |
[15:24] | How can we encourage our kids | 要是咱俩一点求知欲都没有的话 |
[15:26] | to have intellectual curiosity | 又怎么能激发 |
[15:26] | when we don’t have any? | 孩子的求知欲呢 |
[15:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:30] | It’s two hours of our life. | 反正只是占咱俩两小时而已 |
[15:33] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:34] | For our kids. | 为了我们的孩子 |
[15:36] | Sometimes I hate the kids. | 有时我真讨厌咱孩子 |
[15:38] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:45] | I’m so confused. | 我一点也看不懂 |
[15:46] | I’m not. | 我看懂了 |
[15:48] | I love this. | 我喜欢这电影 |
[15:49] | You do not. | 才不是呢 |
[15:51] | Name one thing you’ve liked about this. | 那你说一个你喜欢的情节 |
[15:54] | I liked the scene with the old man on the beach. | 我喜欢有个老人在海滩上的那一幕 |
[15:56] | That was a trailer for a different movie. | 那是另一部电影的预告片 |
[15:58] | So he’s not coming back? | 也就是说那个老头不会再出现了吗 |
[15:59] | No, he’s not coming back, | 没错 不会出现了 |
[16:01] | and I’m not coming back, either! | 我也不会再出现了 |
[16:03] | Some of us are trying to enjoy this film. | 我还在试着享受这部电影呢 |
[16:08] | While Claire watched one of the most | 当克莱尔在看一部 |
[16:09] | highly acclaimed films of the year, | 受到年度最佳好评的电影时 |
[16:12] | I sat through a badly made schlockfest | 我看完了一部制作非常低廉的 |
[16:15] | with absolutely no redeeming value. | 毫无教育意义可言的电影 |
[16:17] | And it was awesome. | 但是超好看 |
[16:39] | Oh, my god. | 我的天呐 |
[16:40] | It feels like I have ink on me! | 感觉就像墨汁真的溅到我身上了一样 |
[16:48] | Sweetheart… | 亲爱的 |
[16:51] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:52] | – Oh, my god. – Honey… | -我的天呐 -亲爱的 |
[16:53] | I fell asleep. I missed it. | 我睡着了 错过了结局 |
[16:55] | Yeah, let’s go home. | 好了 我们回家吧 |
[16:58] | I can’t believe I fell asleep and you left. | 我真不敢相信我睡着了 而你又走了 |
[17:00] | Alex is right — we’re idiots. | 艾丽克斯说的对 咱俩就是白痴 |
[17:02] | Claire, stop it. | 克莱尔 别这样 |
[17:05] | Look… | 听着 |
[17:07] | our kid got the second-best grade in the class. | 我们的孩子是全班第二名 |
[17:10] | Dumb parents don’t make kids that smart. | 傻瓜父母才养不出这么优秀的孩子 |
[17:12] | She got the best of both of us. | 她遗传了我们俩最好的基因 |
[17:15] | Kind of like if you combined | 想象一下 |
[17:17] | the jaw strength of a crocodile | 如果你创造了一种生物 |
[17:19] | and the ink-spraying capabilities of an octopus. | 既有鳄鱼的嘴巴 还能像章鱼一样喷墨 |
[17:22] | You’d end up with something unstoppable. | 那一定是无法阻止的怪兽 |
[17:26] | But they did stop him in the end, didn’t they? | 可最后他们还是把他给灭了 不是吗 |
[17:28] | “Her”. And she laid eggs. | 应该是”她” 她产了很多蛋 |
[17:30] | – Croctopi. – Yeah. | -蓝环母章鱼 -没错 |
[17:36] | Check out Einstein over there. | 快看 天才在那干吗呢 |
[17:40] | Well, that’s just sad. | 实在太可悲了 |
[17:45] | Hey, Vish. | 你好啊 韦什 |
[17:47] | You just do this. | 这样就行了 |
[17:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:53] | So, did you enjoy the film? | 你们喜欢这部电影吗 |
[17:55] | Not in the least. | 一点也不喜欢 |
[17:57] | I actually found it quite two-dimensional. | 我觉得效果太二维了 |
[18:03] | Well, lovely to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[18:04] | Good to see you, too. | 也很高兴见到你们 |
[18:05] | All right. Bye. | 好了 先告辞了 |
[18:06] | Bye. | 再见 |
[18:08] | After you, doctor. | 请您先行 医生大人 |
[18:10] | After you, professor. | 请您先行 教授大人 |
[18:24] | Mitchell, Cameron. | 米奇尔 卡梅隆 |
[18:26] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[18:29] | Um, so…w-we need to talk. | 我们 我们得谈谈 |
[18:32] | About what? | 谈什么 |
[18:33] | Do you mind if we sit down? | 介意我们坐下聊吗 |
[18:34] | Please. | 请坐 |
[18:37] | Um, Tracy, I…I have something to say, | 翠西 有件事我不吐不快 |
[18:40] | and I’m afraid that if I just don’t | 我怕我要是不一次说完 |
[18:41] | say it all at once, I’m never gonna say it. | 就再也说不出口了 |
[18:43] | So… | 所以 |
[18:44] | This takes me back to prom night. | 这让我想起了舞会那晚 |
[18:46] | Again…sorry about that. | 再次声明 那晚实在抱歉 |
[18:48] | Anyway, uh, | 总而言之 |
[18:51] | I saw you yesterday across the mall after we spoke | 咱俩昨天在商场碰见之后 |
[18:54] | and couldn’t help but notice that you weren’t alone. | 我注意到 你是和另一人一同来的 |
[18:58] | Uh, you were with… | 你当时和 |
[19:00] | I don’t even know how to put this. | 我真不知道该怎么启齿 |
[19:02] | His name…is Bobby. | 他叫波比 |
[19:04] | Bobby. | 波比 |
[19:06] | Such a lovely name. | 真是个好名字 |
[19:08] | Tracy… | 翠西 |
[19:09] | I-is he… | 他是不是 |
[19:11] | Yes, Mitchell. | 没错 米奇尔 |
[19:12] | He is. | 他是 |
[19:13] | Oh, my god. Oh — okay. | 天呐 好吧 |
[19:16] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么不告诉我 |
[19:18] | Mitchell, you and I don’t have a relationship anymore. | 米奇尔 你和我已经没有任何瓜葛了 |
[19:20] | I called you after our little… | 我在咱俩那次小小的 |
[19:23] | visit to the nurse’s room. | 护士室之旅之后试过给你打电话 |
[19:25] | You never returned any of my calls. | 可你却一个电话都没回给我 |
[19:27] | I-I was freaked out, Tracy, and I — | 我当时吓坏了 翠西 我 |
[19:29] | Hey, let’s not rehash the past… | 让我们抛弃过去 |
[19:32] | …but rather, focus on the future. | 关注未来 |
[19:34] | Yes, yes. Yes, Cam and I, um, | 对 对 没错 小卡和我 |
[19:36] | want to know if you’re open…to us… | 想知道你是否愿意让我们 |
[19:40] | getting to know Bobby. | 让我们和波比认识下 |
[19:42] | I don’t think that’s a very good idea. | 我认为这不是个好主意 |
[19:44] | Okay, I understand. | 好吧 我懂 |
[19:45] | No, it might be a little awkward at first, | 起初肯定会有点尴尬 |
[19:47] | but I think after some time… | 可时间能改变一切 |
[19:48] | We brought him a present. | 我们还给他买了礼物 |
[19:52] | For Bobby? | 给波比的吗 |
[19:54] | Please, we just — | 求求你 我们只是 |
[19:55] | we really just want to meet him. | 我们真的很想见见他 |
[19:58] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[20:00] | Okay. | 好了 |
[20:02] | Bobby? | 波比 |
[20:03] | Could you come out here? | 你能出来一下吗 |
[20:08] | Hey, honey. What’s up? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[20:10] | I wanted to introduce you to Mitchell and Cameron. | 我想介绍你跟米奇尔和卡梅隆认识一下 |
[20:13] | – This is my husband. – Hey. How ya doin’? | -这是我丈夫 -你好吗 |
[20:16] | Hey, what’s up, dude? | 你好吗 老兄 |
[20:16] | – How ya doin’? – Good. | -你好吗 -很好 |
[20:17] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[20:18] | – Hi. Cameron. – Hi, there. Yeah. | -你好 我叫卡梅隆 -你好 |
[20:20] | So, uh, how do you know Tracy? | 你们是怎么认识翠西的 |
[20:22] | Um, uh, how — uh, we, um… | 这个 我们 |
[20:25] | Mitchell took me to the prom. | 我是米奇尔毕业舞会时的女伴 |
[20:26] | – The prom. – The prom. | -毕业舞会 -对 毕业舞会 |
[20:28] | Oh, a redhead. | 红发帅哥啊 |
[20:29] | You really have a type, don’t you? | 你对红发情有独钟啊 是吧 |
[20:33] | They got you a present? | 他们给你买了个礼物 |
[20:35] | Oh…it’s not… | 这不算什么 |
[20:36] | – You don’t need to — – I wouldn’t even — | -你不必 -是我就不打开了 |
[20:37] | You don’t… | 你不必 |
[20:41] | “Li’l slugger”? | “小小棒球手” |
[20:44] | I’m just gonna go and let you two catch up. | 我还是先走了 你们俩好好谈谈 |
[20:53] | ‘Sup? | 怎么样 喜欢吗 |
[20:59] | I never realized that you ever had sex with a girl | 想不到你居然还跟女生上过床 |
[21:03] | I kind of got around back then, actually. | 实际上 我那时候还挺吃香的 |
[21:05] | – More than one? – Please. | -不只一个吗 -那还用说 |
[21:07] | Well, there was Tracy. Who else? | 除了翠西 还有谁 |
[21:09] | Uh, Betty Rizzo. | 还有贝蒂·里佐 |
[21:10] | Don’t remember her. | 不记得她了 |
[21:12] | Eliza Doolittle? | 艾丽莎·杜利特尔 |
[21:14] | – Nellie Forbush? – These were classmates? | -奈丽·福布什 -她们都是你同学吗 |
[21:16] | Well, s-s-some were older. | 有些是学姐 |
[21:17] | S-some were younger. | 有些是学妹 |
[21:19] | Uh, Liesel and Gretel Von Trapp. | 丽泽和格蕾特尔·崔普 |
[21:24] | Sisters, obviously — too far? | 很明显是两姐妹 我口味太重了吗 |
[21:25] | I’m not an idiot. | 我不是白痴 |
[21:26] | You played that record night and day. | 你成天到晚都在看《音乐之声》 |
[21:28] | – Why would you tell me a thing like that? – I just… | -你干吗编这种事骗我 -我只是 |