时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[00:06] | – Hey. – You sleep all right? | -嘿 -你睡得好吗 |
[00:09] | No, you? | 没睡好 你呢 |
[00:12] | – Say no, Phil. – Of course no. | -说没有 菲尔 -当然没有 |
[00:14] | I missed you up there. | 我一直在想你 |
[00:15] | Last night, I know I got kind of carried away — | 昨晚 我知道我有点过激… |
[00:18] | No, no, no. You don’t need to apologize. | 不不不 你不需要抱歉 |
[00:20] | I don’t think that I was apologi– | 我可不觉得我是在道… |
[00:21] | You were right to be mad. | 你有理由生气 |
[00:22] | Sometimes I just feel like I have to scream | 有时候我觉得只有尖叫 |
[00:27] | to let you know how upset I am, | 才能让你知道我有多沮丧 |
[00:28] | but you get it now, right? | 但是你现在明白了 对吧 |
[00:30] | I…do. | 我 明白了 |
[00:32] | Not. | 才怪 |
[00:34] | No idea whatsoever. | 完全摸不着头脑 |
[00:36] | Ohh, if I knew, but… | 如果我知道 但是 |
[00:39] | no. | 我真的不知道 |
[00:40] | Good. | 很好 |
[00:41] | So let’s pretend the whole thing never happened. | 我们就假装这件事从未发生过 |
[00:44] | What were we even fighting about, huh? | 是啊 我们为了什么事而争吵啊 |
[00:48] | What the heck happened in here? | 这里发生什么事了 |
[00:51] | The raccoon get through the dog door again? | 又有浣熊从狗洞钻进来了吗 |
[00:53] | Yep. The raccoon got in, | 是的 有浣熊进来了 |
[00:55] | and your mom fought it off with the fire extinguisher. | 你妈妈用灭火器把它赶跑了 |
[00:58] | You’re a mess! | 你看起来乱糟糟的 |
[00:59] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[01:00] | Careful, buddy. Not today. | 小心点 伙计 今天不要惹你妈 |
[01:03] | I think you look beautiful. | 我认为你看起来美极了 |
[01:04] | Save it. | 省省吧 |
[01:06] | One time I forgot to get Gloria a birthday present, | 有一次我忘了给歌洛莉亚买生日礼物 |
[01:09] | and I paid for it. | 我为此付出了代价 |
[01:10] | Another time I remembered, but she didn’t like the gift. | 有一次我虽记得 但她却不喜欢那个礼物 |
[01:12] | I paid for that. | 我为那也付出了代价 |
[01:13] | So you’d think when I remember to buy her a gift | 那么你会想 如果我记得她的生日 |
[01:17] | and she loves it, | 她又刚好喜欢那个礼物 |
[01:18] | I wouldn’t have to pay for it, right? | 那我就不必遭殃了 对吧 |
[01:20] | Just call me angel of the morning, angel | 叫我早上滴天使 天使 |
[01:27] | Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby | 在你走之前 虎摸我的脸颊 宝贝 |
[01:54] | Oh, hey, good. | 很好 |
[01:55] | Grab the other end of this and help me get it out of here. | 抓住这个桌子的另一边 帮我把它抬出去 |
[01:57] | I have to start setting up the chairs for tonight. | 我要开始为今晚准备椅子了 |
[01:58] | – Oh, tonight? What’s tonight? – Are you kidding me? | -今晚 今晚有什么 -开什么玩笑 |
[01:59] | This is what I’m talking about Mitchell. | 我就是我一直纠结的地方 米奇尔 |
[02:02] | You never listen when I — | 你总是把我的话当耳旁风 当我… |
[02:04] | It’s a fundraiser for the friends | 这是一个为第三街立交桥音乐之友协会的 |
[02:05] | of the third street overpass music society. | 朋友们举办的筹集资金的活动 |
[02:06] | Two harpists are performing, | 会有两个竖琴师来表演 |
[02:08] | and you’re anxious ’cause Andrew, | 你很焦虑 因为安德鲁 |
[02:09] | Your nemesis from the steering committee, | 他是你在督导委员会的宿敌 |
[02:10] | ran the event last year, | 他去年举办了这个活动 |
[02:11] | and you want to upstage him. | 而你想全面超越他的那次 |
[02:12] | I was kidding. | 我是开玩笑的 |
[02:14] | Cam has it in his head | 小卡总是认为 |
[02:16] | that I don’t listen to him, but I do. | 我不听他说话 但其实我有听 |
[02:18] | Do you, Mitchell? Do you? | 有在听吗 米奇尔 有吗 |
[02:21] | The doctor called and said | 医生打电话来说 |
[02:22] | Lily’s rash is just dry skin. | 莉莉没得皮疹 那只是皮肤干燥 |
[02:23] | I’m so relieved. | 我终于可以松口气了 |
[02:25] | What did I just say? | 我刚对你说了什么 |
[02:27] | You act like you listen to every single thing that I say, | 你表现得你会听我讲述每一件事 |
[02:29] | but you don’t. | 但其实你没有 |
[02:30] | Don’t I, Mitchell? | 我没有吗 米奇尔 |
[02:31] | Hey, I’m going to the store today. | 我今天会去商店 |
[02:33] | Do you need me to pick anything up for you? | 你要我给你带点什么吗 |
[02:38] | Razor blades, saline solution, black socks, | 刀片 生理盐水 黑袜 |
[02:40] | and the new issue of Vanity Fair. | 和新出版的《名利场》 |
[02:43] | Wow. I don’t even remember asking for all that. | 我都不记得我要你给我买这些 |
[02:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:46] | Don’t I? | 我没有吗 |
[02:50] | How’d this thing come off, anyway? | 这个到底是怎么掉下来的 |
[02:51] | Well, I was cooking dinner, and — | 我在做晚餐 |
[02:53] | Right. | 是的 |
[02:54] | And the raccoon just walked in the — | 一只浣熊突然就进来了 |
[02:56] | And I already had the door open. | 我已经把这个打开了 |
[02:58] | – Right. – Which I-I had already had ahold of the — | -是的 -我也已经抓住 |
[03:00] | Why don’t you two go work on your story and come back? | 你们两个为什么不去把故事编好再回来 |
[03:03] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[03:04] | I won’t be home till late. | 我今晚会很晚回家 |
[03:05] | I have another shift at the restaurant. | 我在餐厅又有一次轮班 |
[03:07] | That’s our working girl. | 这才是我们的上班女郎 |
[03:09] | Let the river run, honey. | 让河流流淌吧 亲爱的 |
[03:10] | Check it! $57 in tips from last night. | 看 昨晚的57美元小费 |
[03:15] | Honey, that’s impressive. You know what? | 亲爱的 这真是太棒了 你知道吗 |
[03:16] | $57 from you, $57 from us — | 你的57美元 再加上我们的57美元 |
[03:19] | You keep this up, | 你继续下去的话 |
[03:20] | we are going to be buying you a car by the summer. | 这个夏天我们就可以给你买辆车 |
[03:22] | Mom, is this “upscale casual”? | 妈妈 这是高档休闲装吗 |
[03:24] | What? | 什么 |
[03:26] | Oh, yeah. Cam hired Luke | 是的 小卡雇了卢克 |
[03:27] | to help out with the benefit tonight. | 要他帮忙今晚的慈善活动 |
[03:28] | Hey, you know what? I can’t fix this thing. | 你知道吗 我修不好这个 |
[03:30] | What? I need that. I use it every day. | 什么 我需要它 我每天都得用它 |
[03:32] | Okay, Phil, what do you say? | 好吧 菲尔 你说呢 |
[03:33] | You want to take a trip to the mall with me? | 你想跟我一起去购物中心吗 |
[03:35] | I…do. | 想去 |
[03:37] | Not, | 才怪 |
[03:38] | if I can possibly avoid it. | 我能闪就闪 |
[03:39] | Claire has this little…habit… | 克莱尔在购物中心有个 |
[03:43] | at the mall, where sh– | 小小的习惯 她 |
[03:45] | I can’t even talk about it. | 我甚至都说不出口 |
[03:47] | Jay, come on! | 杰 快点 |
[03:49] | I want to go home | 我想回家 |
[03:50] | because you said you were going to film me doing the | 因为你说要录下我唱K时的情景 |
[03:52] | karaoke so I can send it to Colombia to my mother. | 我就可以把带子寄到哥伦比亚我妈那 |
[03:54] | Claire, um, about the mall? | 克莱尔 去购物中心 |
[03:56] | I was actually gonna run out | 我下午其实要去外面 |
[03:57] | and get my hair cut this afternoon. | 把头发剪了 |
[03:58] | Well, hang on here. | 等一下 |
[03:59] | Why don’t I run claire down the mall, | 为什么不让我跟克莱尔去购物中心 |
[04:01] | and you give Phil a haircut? | 你来给菲尔理发 |
[04:02] | You’re always talking about | 你不是总是在讲 |
[04:04] | how you miss working at the salon. | 你很想念发廊的工作吗 |
[04:05] | I guess I could. | 我想我可以的 |
[04:06] | I do jay. Why can’t I do you? | 我能帮杰做 为什么不能帮你做呢 |
[04:09] | You…can do me. | 你可以”做”我 |
[04:11] | Okay, let’s get this party started. | 好的 我们让派对开始 |
[04:12] | You know that song? | 你知道那首歌吗 |
[04:15] | Let’s go, let’s go! We’re wasting time! | 我们快走 快走 我们在浪费时间 |
[04:16] | – O-okay, okay. – Yeah. | -好的 好的 -知道 |
[04:19] | – You know it? – I think I do. | -你知道吗 -我想是的 |
[04:21] | So, that was Andrew, | 那么 刚刚那是安德鲁 |
[04:22] | who practically choked telling me | 他几乎是哽咽着跟我说 |
[04:24] | that no one had called in their regrets | 没有人致电表示很抱歉 |
[04:27] | for the event tonight. | 参加不了今天的活动 |
[04:28] | It is gonna be a full house. | 今晚一定是座无虚席 |
[04:29] | Oh, that must feel great! | 那一定让你感觉很爽 |
[04:31] | Oh, I never thought I would enjoy having an arch enemy. Oh. | 我从未想过我会享受宿敌的存在 |
[04:33] | But I do, Mitchell. I do. Hmm. | 但是 我很享受 米奇尔 很享受 |
[04:36] | Hey, Lily, what you got there? | 莉莉 你在玩什么呢 |
[04:38] | I do feel bad for those PETA folks. | 我真为PETA的那些人感到难过 |
[04:40] | Their event’s tonight, too. | 他们的活动也是在今晚 |
[04:41] | That’s why I had you mail the invitations so long ago. | 所以我才老早就让你把邀请函寄出去 |
[04:43] | I shouldn’t laugh. | 我不应该笑的 |
[04:45] | I do feel bad for those little PETA animals. | 我确实为那些动物感到难过 |
[04:47] | I really do. | 真的 |
[04:48] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[04:50] | Nothing. She was, uh — | 没什么 她在 |
[04:51] | she was, uh, sucking her thumb again. | 她又在吸吮她的大拇指 |
[04:52] | Yes, I put Cam’s invites in my car | 没错 我把小卡的邀请函放在车上 |
[04:55] | to take them to the post office | 准备带去邮局的 |
[04:56] | and then threw my gym bag on top of them | 但我把我的健身包放在那上面了 |
[04:58] | and completely forgot they existed. | 完全忘记它们的存在了 |
[05:00] | Ohh, I feel terrible. | 我感觉糟透了 |
[05:03] | Haven’t been to the gym in six weeks. | 六周没有去健身房了 |
[05:06] | And I ruined Cam’s event. | 而且还把小卡的活动搞砸了 |
[05:12] | Hello, Miss Hartwick. | 你好 哈特威克女士 |
[05:14] | Uh, Cam and I are hosting | 小卡和我今天晚上 |
[05:15] | a little event tonight, and — | 举办一个小型活动 |
[05:17] | Yes, yes. | 是的 是的 |
[05:18] | No, I am aware that there is also a PETA event, | 不 我知道今晚PETA也会有活动 |
[05:21] | and — ohh. | 还有 |
[05:22] | Who are you talking to? | 你在跟谁说话 |
[05:24] | I’m in the shower! | 我在冲凉 |
[05:25] | Luke, how are those chairs coming? | 卢克 椅子摆的怎么样了 |
[05:27] | Come in. | 呼叫 |
[05:28] | I think you should come in come in. | 我想你应该来看看 呼叫 |
[05:29] | Oh, now I’m worried about the flow. | 现在我很担心连贯性 |
[05:31] | The eyes should go to the harps, not the backs of chairs. | 他们应该看着竖琴 而不是椅背 |
[05:34] | Are you gonna get upset | 你会变得情绪低落 |
[05:35] | and starting eating all the appetizers again? | 然后又把所有的开胃菜都吃掉吗 |
[05:37] | It is amazing what you notice and what you don’t notice. | 你注意到的和没注意到的事情真让人吃惊 |
[05:41] | Please handle that. I need to think. | 请你处理一下 我需要想想 |
[05:43] | Come on, Luke. | 给点力 卢克 |
[05:46] | Hi, there. Your father home? | 你好 你爸爸在家吗 |
[05:48] | I think so. Why? | 应该在家 怎么了 |
[05:50] | Oh, oh! The wait staff. | 是接待人员 |
[05:51] | Please, luke, show them to the kitchen, please. | 卢克 请把他们领到厨房去 |
[05:55] | Knock knock. | 有人吗 |
[05:56] | Oh. Hello, Andrew. | 你好 安德鲁 |
[05:58] | Nice chair backs. | 椅背看起来不错 |
[05:59] | I just thought you could use this. | 我想你会用得上这个 |
[06:01] | It’s the sign-in book for my event last year. | 这是我去年活动的签名簿 |
[06:04] | Let just turn to the blank pages, | 让我们翻到空白页 |
[06:06] | Which should be… | 那是在 |
[06:07] | Oh. No. It’s full. | 不 全写满了 |
[06:09] | Oh, well, thank you for thinking of us, | 谢谢你为我们着想 |
[06:11] | but shouldn’t you be getting back home to Donald? | 但是你不是应该回家去陪唐纳德吗 |
[06:13] | That is the name of your cat, isn’t it? | 那是你猫咪的名字 不是吗 |
[06:15] | I’ll see you at 7:00. | 我们七点见 |
[06:16] | Drive safely. | 开车小心点 |
[06:22] | What did I tell you? | 我跟你说什么来着 |
[06:23] | She’s even worse than you said. | 她比你说的还差劲 |
[06:25] | Hold still! | 别动 |
[06:28] | You can’t move like that. | 你不能像这样动来动去 |
[06:30] | It’s like cutting the hair of a cuckoo bird. | 这就像在剪布谷鸟的头发一样 |
[06:31] | I’m sorry. I’m just a little tense today. | 对不起 我今天有点神经紧绷 |
[06:34] | I knew it. Something happened. | 我就知道 有事发生了 |
[06:36] | Because when somebody works in a salon, | 因为当某人在发廊工作时 |
[06:38] | they know when someone needs to talk. | 有人需要谈心 他们总能发现 |
[06:40] | Actually, you might be able to help me with this one. | 事实上 或许你可以帮我解决这个问题 |
[06:43] | Claire and I got into a huge fight last night… | 克莱尔昨晚和我大吵了一架 |
[06:44] | …and I’m not even sure what it was about. | 我甚至都不知道因为什么 |
[06:46] | Was that why you didn’t want to go to the mall with her? | 这就是为什么你不跟她去购物中心的原因吗 |
[06:49] | No, that was… more about a weird… | 不是 那是因为 |
[06:52] | mall habit claire has. | 克莱尔怪异的商场习惯 |
[06:54] | Oh, my god! That’s good! | 天呐 真舒服 |
[06:56] | Oh, oh! Go low, go low. | 天呐 低一点 再低一点 |
[06:57] | Go low, go low. Oh! Oh! | 低一点 低一点 |
[06:59] | Oh, my god! | 天呐 |
[07:00] | Dad! Dad! | 老爸老爸 |
[07:01] | You got to get one of these! Oh! | 你一定要买一个 |
[07:07] | It is impressive how much Haley’s earning. | 海莉的收入真是让人乍舌 |
[07:09] | She’s over $500 already. | 她已经赚了五百多美元 |
[07:11] | That’s a lot of cheddar. | 那可是能买很多切达干酪啊 |
[07:12] | Why’s everyone acting | 为什么大家都表现的 |
[07:13] | like she’s the first 17-year-old to have a job? | 好像她是首个十七岁有工作的人一样 |
[07:15] | In other cultures, she’d have two kids already, | 在其他文明中 她都应该有两个孩子了 |
[07:17] | and they’d have jobs. | 孩子们都有工作了 |
[07:17] | You know, I stopped by the restaurant a couple times, | 我去了那个餐厅好几次 |
[07:19] | and she wasn’t there. | 她都不在那里 |
[07:20] | When? | 什么时候 |
[07:22] | Uh, I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[07:23] | I was at the mall for a movie. | 我在购物中心看电影 |
[07:24] | Think! I need details! | 想想 我要知道细节 |
[07:26] | Okay, it was a romantic comedy | 好吧 那是个浪漫的喜剧 |
[07:27] | My now ex-friend Reuben recommended — | 是我以前的朋友鲁本推荐的 |
[07:29] | Not about the movie! What day?! Focus! | 不是说电影 是哪一天 仔细想 |
[07:31] | Okay, uh, it was Tuesday, | 好吧 是周二 |
[07:33] | But I also ate there again on Saturday, | 但我周六也去那里吃饭了 |
[07:35] | and she wasn’t there then, either. | 她还是不在那里 |
[07:38] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[07:39] | I bet she doesn’t even work there. | 我打赌她都不在那里工作 |
[07:40] | Well, then, where’s all this money coming from? | 那么 那些钱是哪里来的呢 |
[07:42] | Do you notice how every single night | 你注意到每晚 |
[07:44] | is just under $60? | 都正好是少于六十美元吗 |
[07:46] | Grandpa gave her $60 for her birthday. | 她生日的时候姥爷给了她六十美元 |
[07:48] | She’s just hanging around the mall all day, | 她整天去商场无所事事 |
[07:50] | flashing the same cash every night, | 每晚亮出同一笔钱 |
[07:52] | and fooling my parents into buying her a car. | 骗我爸妈去给她买辆车 |
[07:54] | Hey, dad! | 老爸 |
[07:55] | Can we eat at Haley’s restaurant tonight?! | 我们今晚能去海莉的餐馆吃饭吗 |
[07:57] | Hey, there’s a good idea! | 很好啊 |
[07:59] | Great. I’ll text her. | 真棒 我发短信告诉她 |
[08:02] | Oh, god, no! | 天呐 不会吧 |
[08:04] | Oh, god, yes! | 天呐 真棒 |
[08:06] | Oh! Oh, god, yes! | 天呐 真棒 |
[08:08] | Oh, get after it! | 继续 |
[08:11] | Amazing. | 太棒了 |
[08:13] | I’m going for 15 more on me. | 我想再试一刻钟 |
[08:15] | I think you got what you needed from that. | 我觉得你已经体验够了 |
[08:16] | Oh. Okay. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[08:20] | You know, maybe you do need to talk about this fight. | 你是不是应该跟我谈谈吵架的事情 |
[08:22] | With Phil? | 和菲尔吗 |
[08:24] | How could you not know what she was mad about? | 你怎么会不知道她生气的原因 |
[08:26] | Because she didn’t tell me. She just freaked out. | 因为她没告诉我啊 她直接就发狂了 |
[08:29] | I cannot believe you, Phil! | 我真是受不了你了 菲尔 |
[08:31] | How could you?! | 你怎么能这样 |
[08:33] | What is happening? What — what did I do? | 怎么了 我 我干了什么 |
[08:35] | Are you serious? | 不是吧你 |
[08:36] | You are! You don’t know. | 你当真 你真不知道 |
[08:37] | We’ve had this conversation a hundred times. | 我们都已经谈过一百遍了 |
[08:39] | You know — no, no. | 你知道 不 不 |
[08:40] | I’m not — I’m not doing this again. | 我不会再说一遍了 |
[08:42] | You tell me what you did. | 你告诉我你做了什么 |
[08:46] | – Was it — – “Was it –“ | -是不是 -“是不是” |
[08:49] | No, Phil. | 别说了 菲尔 |
[08:50] | No. No, no, no. No! | 算了算了算了 |
[08:52] | – I’m going to get some air. – Claire. | -我要去透透气 -克莱尔 |
[08:53] | – Claire! -No! Don’t follow me. | -克莱尔 -别叫我 别跟着我 |
[08:55] | Happy valen-birth-iversary! | 情人生日纪念日快乐 |
[08:58] | Storming off — | 气呼呼的离开 |
[08:59] | right out of yr mom’s playbook. | 和你老妈如出一辙 |
[09:02] | Where’d you go? | 然后你去了哪里 |
[09:03] | Well, as it turns out, not very far. | 结果 我没有走远 |
[09:11] | Damn it. | 见鬼 |
[09:49] | Phil! | 菲尔 |
[09:50] | Phil, you moron, stop it! | 菲尔 你个蠢货 停下 |
[09:53] | – It’s me, you idiot! – I’m sorry! | -是我 你个蠢货 -对不起 |
[09:54] | What are you doing?! | 你在干什么 |
[09:55] | I’m sorry! | 对不起 |
[09:56] | I thought you were a raccoon! | 我以为是只浣熊 |
[09:58] | You thought I was a raccoon! | 你以为我是只浣熊 |
[09:59] | Because people look so much like raccoons. | 因为人看上去像是浣熊 |
[10:01] | Oh, look. | 你看 |
[10:02] | There’s one now! | 这儿就有一只 |
[10:03] | No, claire, no! Claire! | 不要啊 克莱尔 不要 克莱尔 |
[10:07] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[10:09] | Not even crazy woman go crazy for no reason. | 疯女人发疯都是有原因的 |
[10:12] | What happened before the broccoli? | 西兰花之前发生了什么 |
[10:14] | That’s just it — it came out of the blue. | 问题就 她突然就爆发了啊 |
[10:15] | I walked in the door, | 我走进门 |
[10:16] | we’re having a conversation about nothing. | 我们就随便聊聊 |
[10:18] | Hey, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[10:19] | Sorry I got stuck at the office. | 抱歉单位有点事耽搁了 |
[10:20] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[10:21] | It was good. | 不错 |
[10:22] | – Although you know what? – What? | -你知道发生了什么吗 -什么 |
[10:24] | Debbie stood me up for lunch. | 黛比午饭放我鸽子了 |
[10:26] | Rude, right? | 很无礼是吧 |
[10:27] | No. She called. | 没有啊 她打电话 |
[10:28] | I didn’t get a message. | 我没有收到消息啊 |
[10:29] | Yeah. You did. | 你收到了 |
[10:30] | I left you one. | 我给你留字条了 |
[10:32] | It’s right…there. | 就在这儿 |
[10:37] | That’s it! | 那就是原因 |
[10:39] | How is she supposed to see this? | 她怎么可能看见这个 |
[10:42] | If you give me a message this tiny, | 你要是给我这么小的纸条 |
[10:44] | I kill you. | 我会杀了你 |
[10:45] | But that’s not when she got mad. | 但她不是那时候发狂的 |
[10:47] | Also, I talked to the insurance company | 我还和保险公司的人谈了谈 |
[10:49] | about that little accident that “wasn’t your fault” | 就是那个”不是你的错”小事故 |
[10:52] | because the brakes weren’t “working right.” | 因为刹车”不正常” |
[10:56] | And that’s not gonna cost us as much money as I thought, | 而且赔的钱也没有我想的多 |
[10:59] | so that’s good. | 很好 |
[11:00] | That’s it! | 那就是原因 |
[11:01] | You insult a woman’s driving, | 你侮辱一个女人的驾驶技术 |
[11:03] | and you use the “air bunnies.” | 你还用了手指兔子 |
[11:04] | You do that to me, and I kill you. | 你要是对我那样做 我会杀了你 |
[11:07] | I hear you, | 了解 |
[11:08] | but the screaming still hadn’t started yet. | 但是发狂也不是从那时开始的 |
[11:12] | So, I’m having lunch with Skip Woosnum, right? | 我不是和斯基普·伍斯纳吃午饭的吗 |
[11:13] | Boy, can that guy go on and on. | 天呐 那家伙说个不停 |
[11:15] | Tangent after tangent. | 都不知道说哪去了 |
[11:17] | By the way, turned me on to the greatest thing — | 对了 他还让我对一个超赞的东西产生了兴趣 |
[11:19] | wedge salad — you gotta try it. | 卷心菜沙拉 你应该试试 |
[11:21] | Anyhoo… | 随便了 |
[11:22] | Guess who’s sitting at the table next to us. | 你猜谁和我们邻桌 |
[11:25] | My old girlfriend Carla. | 我前女友卡拉 |
[11:28] | We’re gonna grab coffee. | 我们打算一起去喝咖啡 |
[11:29] | She lost a ton of weight. | 她瘦了不少 |
[11:31] | How stupid are you? | 你怎么这么蠢 |
[11:33] | You tell me that you’re seeing an old girlfriend, and I — | 你要是跟我说你去见前女友 我就 |
[11:36] | Kill me, I know. | 杀了我 我知道 |
[11:37] | But she still hadn’t snapped yet. | 但是她那时还没有爆发 |
[11:39] | I almost forgot. | 差点忘了 |
[11:40] | I picked up the broccoli you asked for. | 我买了你要的西兰花 |
[11:43] | Cauliflower. | 花椰菜 |
[11:45] | Can’t believe I did that again. | 真不敢相信我又买错了 |
[11:47] | I cannot believe you, Phil! | 真是受不了你了 菲尔 |
[11:50] | You didn’t do one thing wrong. | 你不是做错一件事 |
[11:51] | You do everything wrong! | 每件事都做错了 |
[11:53] | I don’even know why she talks to you. | 我都不知道她为什么还要跟你说话 |
[11:56] | She said she was okay. | 她说她没事的 |
[11:58] | No. No woman is okay with this. | 不 没有女人会对这种事释怀的 |
[12:00] | We don’t forget. | 我们不会忘记 |
[12:02] | We wait. | 我们等着 |
[12:03] | And then, when you least expect it, | 然后 在你最不经意的时候 |
[12:05] | we make you pay. | 让你付出应有的代价 |
[12:07] | Chin up! | 下巴抬起来 |
[12:09] | Up! | 抬起来 |
[12:11] | So you had a meltdown over that. | 这么说你因为那事发飙了 |
[12:13] | I did, because ever since I met him, | 是的 因为自打我遇见他 |
[12:15] | I’ve been trying to get Phil to try a wedge salad. | 我就想让菲尔试试卷心菜沙拉 |
[12:18] | The minute that Skip Woosnum, | 斯基普·伍斯纳这个他并不喜欢的人 |
[12:20] | whom he doesn’t even like, suggests it, | 一推荐这个 |
[12:22] | Phil thinks it’s the greatest thing ever, | 菲尔就觉得这是最好的东西 |
[12:24] | and he does this with everything. | 每一件事都是这样 |
[12:26] | He does it with books, with movies, with tv. | 书 电影 还有电视 都是这样 |
[12:28] | He listens to everybody’s opinion but mine, | 他听取所有人的意见 除了我的 |
[12:31] | And it drives me crazy. | 这都让我抓狂了 |
[12:33] | You two seemed fine this morning. | 你们俩今早看上去没事啊 |
[12:34] | Well, we were because we talked about it, | 是啊 因为我们讨论过了 |
[12:36] | which, by the way, | 顺便说下 |
[12:37] | if you want this whole karaoke thing with Gloria to go away, | 你要是想解决歌洛莉亚唱K这件事 |
[12:39] | That’s what you need to do. | 你就应该这么做 |
[12:41] | That’s easier said than done. | 说着容易做着难 |
[12:42] | Well, since when do you shy away from confrontation, | 你什么时候开始回避正面冲突了 |
[12:46] | Mr. Tough Talk, Mr. Straight shooter? | 强硬先生 直话直说先生 |
[12:49] | Getting a little soft, grandpa? | 变得温和了吗 老爷子 |
[12:51] | You know, when you get a massage, | 别人给你做按摩的时候 |
[12:53] | you sound like a Tijuana prostitute. | 你发出的声音就像是蒂华纳的妓女 |
[13:00] | Luke, phone. | 卢克 电话 |
[13:06] | Friends of the third street — | 第三街的朋友 |
[13:08] | Is that Mitchell? What’s taking him? | 是米奇尔吗 他怎么这么慢 |
[13:10] | No, it’s not Mitchell. It’s… | 不是 不是米奇尔 是 |
[13:12] | I don’t understand his name. | 我不明白他的名字 |
[13:14] | Hello? | 哪位 |
[13:15] | Oh, hi, Longinus. Listen, | 兰吉尼斯 你好 听着 |
[13:17] | did you get my message? | 你收到我的消息了吗 |
[13:18] | About the chiavari chairs — | 关于那个竹节椅的那条 |
[13:18] | I want you to bring them when you come. | 我想你过来的时候带给我 |
[13:21] | What do you mean you’re not — not coming? | 你不来 是什么意思 |
[13:24] | Well, that’s not possible. | 那不可能 |
[13:25] | Mitch — Mitch mailed them weeks ago. | 米奇 米奇两礼拜前就发邀请给他们了 |
[13:27] | What about Pepper? Did he get his? | 那派珀呢 他收到了吗 |
[13:29] | And Michael? | 那迈克尔呢 |
[13:31] | And Steven and Stefan? | 那史蒂夫和斯特凡呢 |
[13:33] | And Bob? | 还有鲍勃 |
[13:34] | I have to go. | 我得挂了 |
[13:37] | Get me your uncle Mitchell. | 打给你米奇尔舅舅 |
[13:39] | I don’t know his number. | 我不知道他号码 |
[13:45] | It went to voicemail. | 转到语音信箱了 |
[13:46] | Of course it did. | 当然了 |
[13:47] | Keep trying him until you get him. | 一直打 直到接通 |
[13:50] | it’s one button. | 只需一个键 |
[13:52] | Just…redial. | 只要 重拨 |
[13:57] | Hey, really great event tonight | 今晚的盛大活动 |
[13:58] | benefiting the music society — musicians like you. | 回报音乐社会 回报像你一样的音乐家 |
[14:08] | Uncle Cam for uncle Mitchell. | 小卡舅舅呼叫米奇尔舅舅 |
[14:10] | How could you, Mitchell?! | 你怎么能这样 米奇尔 |
[14:11] | Honestly! Give me that. | 说真的 给我 |
[14:12] | You want to hear the guest list for night? | 你想听听今晚的客人名单吗 |
[14:14] | So far it’s anger, betrayal, terror, and sadness. | 目前有气愤 背叛 恐怖和伤心 |
[14:17] | Congratulations, Mitchell, you packed the house! | 恭喜你 米奇尔 屋子里全塞满了 |
[14:19] | Cam, I am so sorry. | 小卡 我真的很抱歉 |
[14:21] | I-I-I’m gonna fix it. I’ll make a big donation. | 我会搞定的 我会捐一大笔钱 |
[14:23] | That’s not gonna keep them | 那也阻止不了他们 |
[14:24] | from kicking me off the steering committee! | 把我踢出督导委员会 |
[14:26] | When Andrew walks in here | 当安德鲁走进来 |
[14:28] | and sees a room full of empty chairs — | 发现这间房里全是空着的椅子 |
[14:31] | You know he’s not really your archenemy. | 他并不是你的宿敌 |
[14:32] | That’s sort of a made-up thing. | 那只是你幻想的 |
[14:34] | Fix it! | 搞定它 |
[14:39] | – Hi! You came! – Hi! | -你来了 -嗨 |
[14:42] | Of course we did. We wanted to see you work. | 当然得来了 我们想看你工作的样子 |
[14:44] | We’re so proud of you, sweetheart. | 我们真为你感到骄傲 甜心 |
[14:45] | Yeah, we’re all proud. So where’s our table? | 我们都感到自豪 我们的桌子在哪 |
[14:48] | Actually, bad news. | 其实 有个坏消息 |
[14:50] | We totally booked. | 我们这里都被订满了 |
[14:51] | We have a ton of reservations. | 我们有超多的预定 |
[14:53] | Yeah, one’s ours. I called. | 是的 有一份是我们的 我预定了 |
[14:56] | Here it is! | 就在这 |
[15:00] | Uh, so, your table is right here. | 那么你们的桌子就在这里 |
[15:02] | Oh, honey, would you mind getting us a couple drinks? | 亲爱的 能给我们拿几杯饮料吗 |
[15:04] | I would love an iced tea. | 我要一杯冰茶 |
[15:06] | Same, please. | 我也是 |
[15:07] | I’ll have a mango-kiwi smoothie, | 我要芒果-奇异果沙冰 |
[15:09] | yogurt instead of ice cream, and make it low-fat. | 把冰淇淋换成酸奶 要低脂的 |
[15:11] | I want to look good when I’m riding in your new car. | 当我坐你的新车时 我得看起来很漂亮 |
[15:13] | Honey, I got to say, | 亲爱的 我得说 |
[15:16] | I like this haircut. | 我喜欢这个发型 |
[15:17] | Hey, we’re all just playing for second in this family. | 在这个家里 我们都只是第二名 你才最棒 |
[15:22] | Were you all done here? | 你喝完了吗 |
[15:23] | Uh, actually, no. | 没有 |
[15:24] | Um, I will have more iced tea, | 我还要一杯冰茶 |
[15:27] | Another iced tea, | 再来一杯冰茶 |
[15:28] | and a mango-kiwi smoothie, | 还有一个芒果-奇异果的沙冰 |
[15:30] | all ice cream. | 全是冰淇淋的 |
[15:33] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[15:36] | Well, this is nice. | 这很不错 |
[15:37] | Me, my gals, | 我 我的女儿们 |
[15:39] | and my beautiful, beautiful wife. | 还有我美丽 漂亮的媳妇 |
[15:41] | Just so you know, I rescheduled with Carla. | 你得知道 我跟卡拉重新约定了时间 |
[15:44] | I penciled her in for the 12th… | 我约了她12号见面 |
[15:46] | of never. | 没说月份 |
[15:47] | That’s too bad. | 那太糟了 |
[15:48] | I was kind of looking forwd to hearing about that one. | 我还蛮希望听到点八卦的 |
[15:52] | By the way, | 顺便告诉你 |
[15:54] | no one called for you while you were out. | 你出去之后没人打电话找你 |
[15:55] | Thank you? | 要谢谢你吗 |
[15:57] | I just want to make sure you get any messages | 我只想确定你能接到任何朋友的留言 |
[15:58] | from any friends who might call, which none of them did. | 但是没有人打来 |
[16:01] | Isn’t it weird that Haley’s the only one here | 海莉是这里唯一一个没带名牌的 |
[16:04] | not wearing a name tag? | 这不是很奇怪吗 |
[16:05] | If your mother had a name tag, | 如果你妈妈有个名牌的话 |
[16:07] | it would say “Good driver.” | 上面会写着”好司机” |
[16:08] | – Phil — – Here you go. | -菲尔 -这是你们点的 |
[16:09] | I want to hear the specials. | 我想知道特别推荐有哪些 |
[16:12] | – Uh, we’re out of specials. – What were they? | -特别推荐都卖没了 -那我也想知道是什么 |
[16:13] | Popular, which you wouldn’t understand. | 很流行的 说了你也不懂 |
[16:17] | Well, what could be better | 还有什么能比 |
[16:18] | than drinks with a beautiful woman? | 和一个美女喝两杯更好 |
[16:20] | And every beautiful woman deserves flowers. | 每个漂亮的女人都值得拥有鲜花 |
[16:23] | Cauliflowers. | 花椰菜 |
[16:25] | Okay. What’s going on? Is this about last night? | 好吧 怎么回事 是因为昨晚的事吗 |
[16:27] | Yeah, I just want you to know how important to me you are. | 是的 我只想让你知道你对我有多重要 |
[16:30] | Sweetie, I know that. I know that. | 亲爱的 我知道 我知道 |
[16:32] | I still feel bad about, you know | 我还是感觉很糟 |
[16:34] | what I…did. | 因为我的所作所为 |
[16:37] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[16:38] | You and I are fine. | 我们没事 |
[16:40] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[16:41] | I’m just really hungry. | 我真的很饿了 |
[16:44] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[16:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:48] | All right! | 那行 |
[16:49] | What looks good? | 什么看起来好吃呢 |
[16:51] | Oh, gosh. | 天啊 |
[16:52] | Ooh, here’s something that jumps right off the page. | 有东西从这一页跳出来了 |
[16:54] | Uh-huh. I tried this yesterday, | 我昨天吃过这道菜 |
[16:55] | thanks to my good friend Skip Woosnum. | 多亏我朋友斯基普·伍斯纳的推荐 |
[16:57] | Claire, do yourself a favor | 克莱尔 帮自己一个忙 |
[17:00] | and join me in a wedge salad. | 跟我一起来一份卷心菜沙拉吧 |
[17:04] | You have got to be kidding me! | 你不是在跟我开玩笑吧 |
[17:06] | Just try it. You will thank me. | 只要尝一口 你就会感谢我的 |
[17:08] | Did you learn nothing from last night? | 通过昨晚的事 你什么都没学到吗 |
[17:12] | It was about the salad? | 是因为沙拉吗 |
[17:13] | I have been recommending wedge salads to you, | 几年来 我一直推荐卷心菜沙拉给你 |
[17:15] | amongst other things, for years, | 还有别的东西 |
[17:17] | and you never listen to me. | 但你从来都不听我的 |
[17:18] | And then some idiot suggests it, | 然后某个蠢蛋向你推荐 |
[17:20] | and you can’t wait to try a wedge salad?! | 你就等不及想去吃卷心菜沙拉 |
[17:22] | It makes me feel like I don’t matter. | 这让我觉得我不重要 |
[17:28] | Thanks a lot, dad! | 太感谢你了 老爸 |
[17:30] | Mom’s little outburst just got me fired! | 妈妈的小发作让我被解雇了 |
[17:32] | Okay, I got to talk to your mom. | 好的 我得去跟你妈妈谈谈 |
[17:34] | You comfort your sister. | 你去安慰你的姐姐 |
[17:35] | She never worked here! | 她从未在这里工作过 |
[17:44] | So, Mitchell called you, too. | 米奇尔也给你打电话了 |
[17:51] | I take it you haven’t had your conversation with Gloria yet? | 我想你还没跟歌洛莉亚谈过 |
[17:54] | It’s getting worse. | 情况更糟了 |
[17:55] | She sang all the way here. | 来的时候 她唱了一路 |
[17:56] | We passed two cars — | 我们经过两辆车 |
[17:58] | the dogs stuck their heads back inside the window. | 车里的狗都把头缩回车内了 |
[18:03] | What are we gonna do? | 我们接下来该怎么做 |
[18:04] | – I could start a fire. – No. | -我可以点一场大火 -不 |
[18:07] | Keep that in your back pocket. | 把这个当做备用对策 |
[18:12] | I want to show you something. | 我想给你看点东西 |
[18:14] | Let me guess. | 让我猜一猜 |
[18:15] | It’s a copy of “The Book Thief” | 是一本我求了你很久 |
[18:16] | that I begged you to read, | 叫你去读读的叫《偷书贼》的书 |
[18:17] | but you wouldn’t until your dental hygienist | 直到你的牙科医生说这本书改变了她的一生 |
[18:19] | said it changed her life. | 你才去读的 |
[18:21] | – Remember this? – Uh-huh. | -记得这个吗 -是啊 |
[18:24] | It’s the first thanksgiving I spent with your family. | 这是我跟你家人度过的第一个感恩节 |
[18:26] | God, I hated that ponytail. | 天 我真讨厌那马尾辫 |
[18:28] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:29] | You said it made me look like a wimpy bouncer, | 你说它让我看起来像一个懦弱的保镖 |
[18:31] | so I cut it off. | 所以我就把它剪了 |
[18:32] | Just like I lost the feathered earring… | 就像我摘掉了羽毛耳环 |
[18:34] | and the van with the beanbag chairs. | 还有豆袋椅面包车 |
[18:36] | And I changed my forestry major. | 而且我也换了我的专业 |
[18:39] | I get it, Phil. I get it. | 我明白 菲尔 我明白 |
[18:41] | I am the controlling witch | 我就是个控制欲极强的巫婆 |
[18:42] | – that made you give up everything fun in your l– – No. No. | -让你放弃所有你喜欢的东西 -不不 |
[18:43] | You’re the witch who saved me. | 你是那个拯救了我的女巫 |
[18:45] | Look. Look at this picture. | 看 看这张照片 |
[18:47] | Now look at this guy. | 现在看看这个人 |
[18:49] | You can’t tell me your opinion doesn’t matter. | 你不能告诉我说你的意见不重要 |
[18:51] | You changed me for the better in a hundred different ways. | 你用上百种方式使我变得更好 |
[18:54] | Yeah, I-I might miss a book or a salad | 是的 我或许错过了一本书或一份沙拉 |
[18:57] | here and there, but… | 七七八八的 但是 |
[18:59] | I’ve got Claire all over me. | 但是我身上都是卡莱尔的印记 |
[19:02] | You’re about to. | 等下我就会在你上面 |
[19:09] | That’s the worst sound in the world. | 这是世界上最难听的声音 |
[19:10] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[19:12] | Friends, uh, family, uh, board members — | 朋友们 亲人们 董事会的成员们 |
[19:14] | “Bored” is right. | 是很无聊啊 |
[19:17] | I know we were all looking forward | 我知道我们都很期待 |
[19:18] | to hearing the beautiful stylings of harp attack, | 欣赏一场美妙的竖琴演奏 |
[19:22] | but there has, unfortunately, been a slight — | 但是很不辛 有点小小的… |
[19:24] | Don’t start yet! | 先别开始 |
[19:26] | delay, | 推迟 |
[19:27] | and the program will start in a few minutes, on time. | 节目会在几分钟后准时开始 |
[19:30] | Uh, so, please, everyone take their seats. | 请大家就坐吧 |
[19:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:33] | Oh, my god, you did it! | 天啊 你做到了 |
[19:35] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[19:36] | I know this isn’t what you were hoping for, | 我知道这不是你盼望的那样 |
[19:37] | but I need to do a better job of listening to you. | 但在聆听方面 我必须做的更好 |
[19:41] | No, no, you did the best you could, | 不不 你尽了全力 |
[19:41] | and, plus, this is double what Andrew had last year | 再说了 这可比去年安德鲁的”大提琴潜水艇” |
[19:43] | for “Cello submarine.” | 出席人数多了一倍 |
[19:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:46] | Oh — how are you sitting at a harp | 在如此叫好的时刻 |
[19:47] | and not scoring this moment? Ladies! | 坐在竖琴前的你们怎能不表示一下呢 女士们 |
[19:58] | You can’t have a successful marriage | 如果你不是一个好的聆听者 |
[20:01] | without being a good listener. | 那么你就不会有美满的婚姻 |
[20:02] | Sometimes it takes a little work… | 有时候得费点小功夫 |
[20:05] | I just wonder what they’re gonna do | 我只是想知道 他们会怎么 |
[20:05] | with their lives, you know? | 对待他们的生命 你知道吗 |
[20:06] | I just wonder how they can actually, you know, | 我只是想知道 他们是如何 |
[20:08] | ever find their true calling with a harp. | 找到与竖琴之间的感应 |
[20:10] | …sometimes it takes a lot of work… | 有时候得花点大功夫 |
[20:14] | Harps! | 竖琴 |
[20:17] | …and sometimes it’s just excruciating. | 有时候它只是痛苦 |
[20:22] | Jay, come. I work out another song. | 杰 过来 我又学会一首歌了 |
[20:24] | Gloria. | 歌洛莉亚 |
[20:28] | Gloria. | 歌洛莉亚 |
[20:29] | No! | 不 |
[20:30] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no! | 不不不不 |
[20:31] | I can’t take it anymore! | 我再也忍受不了了 |
[20:33] | Okay? It’s not singing, it’s screaming. | 好吗 这不是唱歌 这是鬼叫 |
[20:35] | Mom, I love you, but for the love of god, | 妈妈 我爱你 但是看在上帝的份上 |
[20:37] | destroy that thing before it destroys this family! | 在它毁了这个家之前把这个毁了 |
[20:40] | Coward! | 胆小鬼 |
[20:43] | I think you sound great, | 我认为你唱的很不错 |
[20:44] | but if it bothers e kid… | 但是这吵到孩子的话 |
[20:46] | Coward! | 胆小鬼 |
[21:04] | Oh Danny boy | 丹尼 孩子 |
[21:06] | The pipes, the pipes are calling | 那笛声在呼唤着你 |
[21:10] | From glen to glen, and down the mountain side | 从一个峡谷到另一个峡谷 到了山的那头 |
[21:16] | The summer’s gone, and all the roses… | 夏天已远去 所有的玫瑰… |
[21:23] | You keep this up, | 你继续这样的话 |
[21:25] | and this won’t be the last plug I pull. | 这就不会是我拔的最后一个插头 |