时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | And now, please welcome your valedictorian, | 现在 有请学生致辞代表 |
[00:04] | Alex Dunphy. | 艾丽克斯·邓菲 |
[00:15] | Where are my mom and dad? | 我爸妈哪去了 |
[00:21] | and in this corner, | 拐角要出现的是 |
[00:22] | finishing first in her class, | 班级名次第一 |
[00:23] | delivering the commencement address, | 毕业典礼学生致辞代表 |
[00:25] | weighing in at — what do you weigh, honey? | 体重有 你多重来着 宝贝 |
[00:27] | Dad! | 爸 |
[00:28] | A healthy amount for a girl her age. | 同龄女孩标准体重 |
[00:31] | are you getting all this, buddy? | 这些都拍下了吗 |
[00:32] | Pure gold. | 一句不漏 |
[00:33] | She’s the main brain, | 她是智力大王 |
[00:34] | the cerebellum of the ball, Alex Dunphy!! | 舞会奇葩 艾丽克斯·邓菲 |
[00:38] | Oh, keep rolling, The News will want this footage | 继续拍啊 等我最终变疯子时 |
[00:41] | when I eventually snap. | 《新闻》肯定想要这段录像 |
[00:42] | I thought Sanjay Patel was first in the class. | 我还以为桑杰·帕特尔是全班第一呢 |
[00:44] | He was until he missed a few weeks | 本来是的 不过他缺了几周课 |
[00:45] | and the robot he was building attacked him. | 因为他被自己造的机器人袭击了 |
[00:47] | It’s happening, people. | 这种事还真发生了 人类啊 |
[00:48] | Our hubris will be our undoing. | 聪明反被聪明误 |
[00:50] | Sweetie, what do you say you and I | 宝贝 你跟我 |
[00:51] | go and get our nails done, huh? | 一起去美甲怎么样 |
[00:53] | It’s okay. I want to work on my speech. | 不了 我要背演讲稿 |
[00:54] | Been there. | 老爸也经历过 |
[00:56] | I remember the speech that won me treasurer | 高中时 我获选了西语俱乐部财务委员 |
[00:58] | of my high-school spanish club. | 竞选演讲仍记忆犹新 |
[01:00] | “Mi nombre es Felipe. | [西语]”我的名字叫菲利 |
[01:03] | Yo voy a la escuela…” | 我来到这座学校…” |
[01:05] | Felipe. | 菲利 有完没完 |
[01:07] | It was kind of a grande deal. | 这事可了不起啦 |
[01:08] | I was up against an actual puerto rican. | 对手是地道的波多黎各人 |
[01:10] | Honey, are you sure? | 真不去了吗 宝贝 |
[01:12] | Because I think they can do school colors. | 说不定美甲师还能做出校园色呢 |
[01:14] | – I’m good, mom. – Okay. | -不用了 妈妈 -好吧 |
[01:17] | Family milestones always throw Claire for a loop. | 家庭重要大事总会让克莱尔情绪激动 |
[01:20] | She holds it in, | 她会极力忍耐 |
[01:21] | and then the next day, she has a total meltdown, | 然后在第二天 会来个情绪大爆发 |
[01:23] | and I have to pick up the pieces. | 我就得收拾这个烂摊子 |
[01:25] | Problem is, tomorrow, | 可问题是 明天 |
[01:27] | I’m supposed to go to vegas with my buds, | 我要和好哥们一起去拉斯维加斯 |
[01:29] | So…I need her to melt down today. | 我得让她在今天就爆发出来 |
[01:32] | Otherwise, what happens in Vegas won’t happen to me | 不然的话 可就真的”赌城奇事赌城止”了 |
[01:32] | 俗语 意为一切传奇回忆只能留在拉斯维加斯 | |
[01:35] | because I won’t be there. | 因为我去不了 |
[01:37] | Emotional day, huh? | 百感交集的一天 对吧 |
[01:38] | Happy day. | 喜悦的一天 |
[01:40] | Happy and sad. | 悲喜交加吧 |
[01:46] | “Guys, I can’t go to Vegas | “兄弟们 老婆突然崩溃 |
[01:47] | because my wife’s freaking out!” | 我去不了维加斯了” |
[01:49] | Trust me, that is not a phone call you want to make | 相信我 这样的电话绝对 |
[01:51] | to a bunch of ex-college male cheerleaders. | 不能打给前大学啦啦队的兄弟们 |
[01:54] | They will mock you with a hurtful, rhythmic taunt. | 他们能编出一套顺口溜来嘲笑你 |
[02:04] | Hello? | 喂 |
[02:05] | Gloria, it’s me. | 歌洛莉亚 是我 |
[02:06] | Ay! How was the doctor? | 医生怎么说 |
[02:07] | Can you pick up some bread on the way home, please? | 你回家的时候 能顺便捎点面包吗 |
[02:10] | I’m home. My damn gate remote won’t work. | 我到家了 院门遥控器坏了 |
[02:12] | Could you press… | 你能不能按一下… |
[02:12] | – Hello? – …9? | -喂 -…9呢 |
[02:14] | – Manny, it’s okay. – What’s okay? | -曼尼 没事的 -什么没事 |
[02:16] | What’s wrong? | 出了什么事 |
[02:17] | – Where are you calling from? – I’m not calling from. | -你从哪打来的 -我没打给你啊 |
[02:19] | Jay is calling. | 是杰打的电话 |
[02:20] | What’s wrong with Jay? | 杰又怎么了 |
[02:21] | My clicker won’t work. | 我的按钮坏了 |
[02:23] | Oh, my god | 老天爷啊 |
[02:24] | your heart’s not working?! | 你心脏停跳了 |
[02:25] | How could you tell us this over the phone?! | 那你怎么还能和我们讲电话 |
[02:27] | My heart is fine. | 我心脏没事 |
[02:28] | Would somebody please press 9 and let me in? | 谁帮帮忙按下9键 放我进去行吗 |
[02:31] | – Okay .-Got it. | -好的 -收到 |
[02:33] | It won’t work if you’re both on the line. | 你们同时接 按下键也没用 |
[02:36] | – Okay. – Okay. | -那我挂了 -那我挂了 |
[02:38] | Every damn time! | 怎么每次都这样 |
[02:44] | Okay, Lily, time to get dressed. Okay. | 来 莉莉 该穿衣服 |
[02:47] | I can’t believe Alex is gonna be in high school. | 一晃眼艾丽克斯居然要上高中了 |
[02:48] | I feel so old! | 我真是老了 |
[02:50] | Oh, well, you feel old. | 不光你一个人这么觉得 |
[02:51] | I was there when she was born — | 我看着她出生的 |
[02:53] | in the delivery room. | 就在产房 |
[02:54] | If I wasn’t gay before, I — | 要我以前不是同志的话 我就[硬不起来了] |
[02:56] | Oh, please, you wouldn’t have lasted two minutes on a farm. | 得了吧 那你在农场2分钟都呆不了 |
[02:57] | I’ve witnessed all kinds of birthing — | 什么动物产崽我都见过 |
[02:59] | never batted an eye. | 眼睛都不带眨一下的 |
[03:00] | I’ve seen cattle, I’ve seen hogs, | 我见过牛生犊 猪产崽 |
[03:01] | I’ve seen goats — | 羊下羔… |
[03:02] | I’ve even seen a three-legged — | 我还见过一只三条腿的… |
[03:04] | Oh, my god! | 老天啊 |
[03:06] | Oh, my god! | 老天啊 |
[03:09] | – I’m sorry. – Really, mitchell? | -我不是故意的 -你笑得出来 米奇尔 |
[03:12] | I could have just died. | 我刚才可能就这么撒手人寰了 |
[03:30] | Principal Kaizler, faculty, parents, | 凯茨勒校长 教职工们 家长们 |
[03:34] | fellow graduates, it’s — | 亲爱的同学们 今天站… |
[03:35] | Hey, superstar. | 嗨 小明星 |
[03:36] | Oh, you’re working on your speech. | 你在背演讲稿呢 |
[03:38] | Yep. | 对的 |
[03:40] | Well, do you need any help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[03:41] | Because sometimes it’s great | 因为有时候 |
[03:42] | to bounce ideas off someone whose opinion you value. | 应该向你敬重的人请教 |
[03:44] | I’m good. | 我就不用了 |
[03:45] | Okay. That’s cool. | 好吧 没关系 |
[03:47] | We could do your hair. | 我们给你做做头发吧 |
[03:48] | We could do it like we saw in that magazine. | 咱可以做个杂志里那种发型 |
[03:50] | Oh, what’s that actress — what’s her name? — | 就是那个女明星…叫什么名字来着 |
[03:52] | With the — you know, with the teeth? | 一排大白牙的那个 |
[03:53] | Mom, mom, please. | 妈妈 别说了行吗 |
[03:54] | – I’m — I’m trying to concentrate. – Okay. | -我正专心准备呢 -好吧 |
[03:56] | Okay. | 行 |
[03:58] | Well, you be ready to go in a half-hour, | 你半个小时后就准备走吧 |
[03:59] | because we are going to carpool with your grandpa. | 我们要和你爷爷拼车去 |
[04:01] | Haley’s driving me. | 海莉开车送我 |
[04:03] | I want to get there early. | 我想提前到校 |
[04:05] | That’s a great idea. | 想法不错 |
[04:06] | Great. I will see you there… | 到时学校见 |
[04:08] | Superstar. | 小明星 |
[04:12] | Hey, mama bear. You okay? | 喂 熊妈妈 还好吗 |
[04:14] | Not with “Mama bear” I’m not. | 别叫我”熊妈妈” 我才不是呢 |
[04:16] | – Don’t cry. – I’m not crying. | -不要哭 -我没哭 |
[04:17] | Shh! Don’t be brave. | 嘘 难受就别忍着 |
[04:19] | I’m here for you. | 我会陪伴你身边 |
[04:21] | Until 2 p.m. Tomorrow, when my flight leaves for vegas. | 直到明天下午两点 我将乘机前往维加斯 |
[04:27] | Where were you? Did you bring the bread? | 你去哪了 你买面包回来了吗 |
[04:29] | I was stuck outside that gate | 我被那扇门拒之门外 |
[04:30] | for 10 minutes before it opened. | 等了足足10分钟它才开 |
[04:32] | So no bread? | 那就是没买面包咯 |
[04:33] | We got to get that thing fixed. Ay! | 我们得把那破门修好 |
[04:35] | What happened to your eye? | 你的眼睛怎么了 |
[04:36] | What are you talking about? | 你是指什么 |
[04:36] | It’s droopy. | 眼皮下垂 |
[04:38] | What do you mean, “Droopy”? | 你说”下垂”是什么意思 |
[04:39] | Aah. I don’t like the look of that, Jay. | 我不喜欢你变这样 杰 |
[04:41] | Here, let me check something. | 等下 我帮你查一查 |
[04:43] | Put that thing away. I saw my dermatologist. | 把那东西放一边去 我去看了皮肤科医生 |
[04:44] | He was checking for moles or something. | 他帮我检查下痣什么的 |
[04:46] | He probably got some numbing cream on it. | 可能注射了点麻药吧 |
[04:47] | It’s fine! | 没事 |
[04:49] | Nothing to worry about. | 没什么可担心的 |
[04:53] | I got botox. | 我去打肉毒杆菌了 |
[04:54] | Stupid doctor talked me into it, | 被一个笨蛋医生忽悠的 |
[04:56] | And now it’s drifting. | 现在都走样了 |
[04:57] | I haven’t felt this dumb since | 我很久没觉得自己这么蠢了 |
[04:59] | I shelled out 30 bucks for that bracelet | 上一次是花了30美元买了个 |
[05:02] | that’s supposed to give me better balance. | 据说能让我身体平衡性更好的手镯 |
[05:03] | – Try to push my arm down. – Okay. | -试着把我的手臂压下去 -好的 |
[05:05] | Go ahead. You can’t do it. You can’t do it. | 来吧 你做不到 你做不到 |
[05:07] | – Okay. All right. I can’t — – Honey, I’m home. | -好的 我是做不到 -亲爱的 我回来了 |
[05:08] | Hey, uh, why is your dad’s car here? | 你老爸的车怎么停在咱们家呢 |
[05:14] | “It’s ironic that I stand up here | “在过去的三年中 大部分的同学 |
[05:16] | representing my classmates when, | 都视我为隐形人 |
[05:17] | for the past three years, | 而讽刺的是 |
[05:19] | most of them have treated me like I’m invisible. | 如今我却站在这里作为学生代表 |
[05:21] | It’s my own fault. | 这是我自找的 |
[05:23] | I was obsessed with good grades | 因为我在乎的是好成绩 |
[05:24] | instead of looks, popularity, and skinny jeans.” | 而不是长相 人气 或是紧身牛仔裤” |
[05:27] | What?! Is that your speech?! | 什么 这就是你的演讲台词么 |
[05:29] | Get out of here! | 滚出去 |
[05:30] | You cannot say that! | 你不能说这些 |
[05:31] | Yes, I can! And you want to know why? | 当然能 你想知道为什么吗 |
[05:33] | ’cause it’s the truth. | 因为这都是实话 |
[05:34] | No one wants to hear the truth. | 没有谁想听到实话 |
[05:36] | It’s very simple, Alex. | 这很简单 艾丽克斯 |
[05:37] | In order to give a good speech, | 做一个好的演讲 |
[05:39] | all you have to do is take a song and say it, | 你只是随便串几首歌名就行了 |
[05:41] | 旅程乐队《永远相信自己》 | |
[05:41] | like… “Don’t stop believin'” | 像是《永远相信自己》 |
[05:43] | 黑眼豆豆组合《开始狂欢吧》 | |
[05:43] | or “Get this party started.” | 或是《开始狂欢吧》 |
[05:44] | That means nothing. | 这没有任何意义 |
[05:46] | Who cares? | 谁在乎 |
[05:47] | Nobody wants to think. | 没谁想要动脑子 |
[05:49] | It’s a graduation, | 这可是毕业礼 |
[05:50] | a celebration of being done with thinking. | 庆祝你们不需再开动脑筋的典礼 |
[05:52] | People want to be challenged. | 人们想要被挑战 |
[05:53] | They’re gonna respect me for it. | 他们会因此而尊敬我 |
[05:55] | No one’s ever gonna talk to you again. | 以后没人会想跟你说话 |
[05:58] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[05:59] | 莫罕达斯·甘地 印度民族解放运动的领导人 | |
[05:59] | Mahatma Gandhi went on a hunger strike | 莫罕达斯·甘地 为了自己的信仰 |
[06:01] | for what he believed in. | 而绝食 |
[06:03] | That’s ’cause no one would eat with him in the cafeteria! | 那是因为没人愿意和他一起在餐厅吃饭 |
[06:15] | – Hey, guys! – We’re here. | -伙计们 -我们在这 |
[06:16] | Come on over. Have some lemonade and cookies. | 快过来 喝点柠檬水 吃点饼干 |
[06:18] | Jay, that’s not looking very good. | 杰 看起来是不太妙啊 |
[06:19] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[06:20] | Quick! Who’s the president? | 速答 谁是总统 |
[06:21] | – Obama! – Phil, please. | -奥巴马 -菲尔 拜托 |
[06:23] | I’m trying to rule out a stroke. | 我在测试是不是中风呢 |
[06:25] | It’s not a stroke. | 这不是中风 |
[06:26] | Why does everybody always assume I’m having a stroke? | 为什么大家总觉得我会中风呢 |
[06:29] | – Age. – Diet. | -年龄 -饮食 |
[06:30] | You forgot to bring my bread. | 你忘记给我买面包了 |
[06:31] | I’m sorry we’re late. | 对不起我们迟到了 |
[06:32] | That’s okay. We got to leave in about 5 minutes, though. | 没事的 不过我们五分钟后要出发 |
[06:35] | Luke, stop pushing that ball around! | 卢克 不要玩弄那个球 |
[06:37] | You’re gonna fall in. | 你会掉进去的 |
[06:38] | Oh, yes, and then your uncle Mitchell | 没错 然后你舅舅米奇尔 |
[06:39] | will laugh at your expense! | 就会幸灾乐祸 |
[06:41] | I’m just saying it’s a character flaw. | 我是说这是一种性格缺陷 |
[06:43] | Okay, okay, quick poll here. | 够了够了 做个快速调查 |
[06:44] | This morning, Cam, fully dressed… | 今早 小卡穿戴整齐 |
[06:47] | Thank god it’s one of those stories. | 还好是穿着衣服会发生的事情 |
[06:49] | …while in the middle of a very serious thought, | 当他正严肃地思考时 |
[06:51] | fell into a ducky pool. | 突然掉进了小孩泳池 |
[06:54] | Oh, my goodness. Are you all right? | 老天 你没事吧 |
[06:56] | Yes, I am. Thank you. | 我没事 谢谢 |
[06:57] | That is a normal reaction — love and concern. | 这才是正常的反应 爱和关心 |
[07:00] | Okay, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 好的 故事还没说完 |
[07:01] | The pool popped. | 泳池都发出爆裂声了 |
[07:05] | Ay! Poor thing! | 可怜的小东西 |
[07:06] | – There is nothing worse than a tailbone injury. – I know. | -尾骨受伤后果不不堪设想啊 -我知道 |
[07:08] | Seriously? No, no, no, no. | 真的假的 不不不 |
[07:10] | You’re so full of it. | 你们都是装出来的 |
[07:11] | You know this is funny. | 你们明明觉得这很搞笑 |
[07:11] | Picture this | 想象一下 他这身形 |
[07:13] | falling into a tiny pool. | 掉进一个小池子哦 |
[07:18] | He’ll be here all week, folks! | 他这一周都会在这儿呆着哦 伙计们 |
[07:19] | Literally, because you’re not coming home with me. | 我是说真的 你别想跟我回家 |
[07:22] | There she is. There’s my little Stella. | 她来了 小可爱斯黛拉来了 |
[07:24] | That’s my girl. | 我的乖狗狗 |
[07:25] | Hi, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[07:26] | You’re so cute, | 你太可爱了 |
[07:26] | I just wan eat your face! | 我想把你的小脸蛋吃掉 |
[07:30] | You remember when you used to hold alex like that, | 还记得当初你也这么抱着艾丽克斯 |
[07:32] | and you wanted to eat her face? | 说她可爱的让你想吃掉吗 |
[07:33] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[07:34] | Now she’s off to high school. Mm. | 现在她就要步入高中了 |
[07:36] | Time marches on, huh? | 时光飞逝 对吧 |
[07:37] | Yep. | 没错 |
[07:38] | You know what’s really sad? | 你知道什么才是最悲伤的吗 |
[07:39] | What? | 什么 |
[07:40] | The end of “Titanic.” | 《泰坦尼克号》的结局 |
[07:41] | Hey, Luke. | 卢克 |
[07:43] | Do you realize, in two years, | 你意识到两年后 |
[07:45] | you and I will be graduating? | 咱们就要小学毕业了吗 |
[07:47] | Not now. | 现在不是说这个的时候 |
[07:48] | I think I’m moving the ball with my mind. | 我在用意念移动这个球 |
[07:51] | Well, I’ll be graduating. | 呃 估计我毕业没问题 |
[07:54] | You guys, stop congratulating yourselves | 伙计们 别在心里暗自庆幸自己 |
[07:56] | for being so compassionate. | 能装得那么富有同情心 |
[07:58] | If you had been there, | 如果你们当时在场 |
[07:59] | you would have laughed just as hard as I did. | 你们会跟我一样笑翻天的 |
[08:01] | He’s coming. | 他过来了 |
[08:01] | Stop talking. | 不要说话 |
[08:02] | He’s been embaassed enough today. | 他今天已经够丢脸了 |
[08:10] | Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop. | 忍住 忍住 忍住 忍住 |
[08:15] | Wow. Now it makes sense. | 怪不得啊 |
[08:17] | It’s a Pritchett thing. | 原来这是普里契特家的共性 |
[08:19] | Cruelty’s genetic. | 残酷冷血的遗传基因 |
[08:20] | Suddenly it’s all very clear. | 顿时认清了你们家族面目 |
[08:22] | Be careful. You might run into it. | 小心 你可能会撞上去哦 |
[08:26] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:27] | I’m sorry, Cam. I’m sorry. | 小卡 不好意思 |
[08:29] | oh, my god, dad, your face! | 天啊 老爸 你的脸 |
[08:31] | What? Oh, that’s nothing, nothing. | 什么 没事没事 |
[08:32] | It’s boring. I went to the dermatologist. | 没事的 我就去看了下皮肤科 |
[08:34] | It’s a boring story. I’m fine. | 无聊瞎鼓捣了下 我没事 |
[08:35] | – No, no, no, we got to get you to a hospital. – I’m fine. | -不 我们带你去医院 -我没事 |
[08:37] | Yes, I’m taking you. Come. | 是的 我带你去 走 |
[08:38] | Gloria, no, wait. | 歌洛莉亚 不 等等 |
[08:39] | Wait right here! Gloria? | 你们在这等 歌洛莉亚 |
[08:42] | Gloria?! | 歌洛莉亚 |
[08:45] | Gloria? | 歌洛莉亚 |
[08:47] | Gloria, hold on. | 歌洛莉亚 等等 |
[08:48] | The reason my face looks like this is because I had… | 我的脸变成这样是因为我注射了 |
[08:51] | Botox. | 肉毒杆菌 |
[08:54] | Like the ladies use for their wrinkles? | 女人们用来去皱纹的那玩意儿 |
[08:56] | Well, actually, nearly 10% of their sales are men, | 事实上 将近10%的顾客是男性 |
[08:57] | But that’s not important. | 但那无关紧要 |
[08:59] | I had a bad reaction. | 我注射后有反应不良 |
[08:59] | Hit a nerve or something. | 可能碰到神经或什么了 |
[09:01] | It’s gonna go away soon. | 很快就会好了 |
[09:04] | What? What’s that supposed to mean? | 干嘛 你这是什么态度 |
[09:07] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[09:07] | Would you stop? | 你可以不要这样吗 |
[09:08] | This is very embarrassing for me. | 我已经够难堪的了 |
[09:11] | For both of us. | 我也是 |
[09:17] | He’s fine. It was a false alarm. | 他没事 虚惊一场 |
[09:20] | What do you mean, a false alarm? | 你说虚惊一场是什么意思 |
[09:21] | His face looks like a candle. | 他的脸白的跟蜡烛一样 |
[09:22] | You heard her. I’m okay. | 她都说了 我没事 |
[09:24] | She’s not a doctor. | 她又不是医生 |
[09:25] | Neither are you. | 你也不是 |
[09:26] | Technically. | 就差法律认证而已 |
[09:28] | Okay, look, I don’t know what’s going on her | 好吧 我不知道到底是怎么回事 |
[09:29] | But there is no way that this is normal. | 但这样绝对是不正常的 |
[09:32] | You look like a botox job gone horribly wrong. | 你看起来就像是 肉毒杆菌注射失败 |
[09:35] | No…my…God. You didn’t. | 上帝啊 你不会真是吧 |
[09:38] | Of course he didn’t. | 他当然不是啦 |
[09:39] | Did you? | 到底是不是 |
[09:42] | No. | 不 |
[09:44] | You did! | 你就是 |
[09:45] | What were you thinking? You’re a veteran. | 你到底在想什么 你可是个老兵啊 |
[09:47] | Enough! This conversation is ended. Let’s go. | 够了 谈话到此为止 我们走 |
[09:51] | Do you think he got his butt done, too? | 你们觉得他连屁股也整了吗 |
[09:53] | It looks fantastic. | 看起来相当正啊 |
[09:56] | Alex, wait. I’m sorry. | 艾丽克斯 等下 对不起 |
[09:59] | If you want to give your speech, go ahead. | 如果你想按那稿子讲 就这样做吧 |
[10:01] | I was never valedictorian. What do I know? | 我从来没致过词 没资格说三道四 |
[10:03] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[10:04] | I am doing this for a reason. | 我这么做是有原因的 |
[10:06] | It’s not just like I’m — | 我不是 |
[10:07] | Aha! Sorry, Alex, but you will thank me one day! | 对不起 艾丽克斯 以后你会谢我的 |
[10:12] | Please. You really think I don’t have duplicates? | 拜托 你觉得我会没有副本吗 |
[10:15] | If you do this, you’ll be a social piranha. | 如果你这么做 你会变成社交圈的食人鱼[社交怪胎] |
[10:17] | Yes, I’ll be an amazonian carnivorous fish. | 是的 我会成为亚马逊肉食性鱼类 |
[10:22] | Carniv– what?! | 肉食什么 |
[10:32] | Dad, open the gate. | 爸爸 开门 |
[10:34] | Oh, geez, not now! | 完了 关键时刻掉链子 |
[10:36] | What? What’s happening? | 怎么了 发生什么事了 |
[10:37] | It’s stuck again. | 门又卡住了 |
[10:38] | What do you mean, it’s stuck? | 门卡住是什么意思 |
[10:40] | Can’t you get it open? | 你不能打开吗 |
[10:41] | What do you think “stuck” Means, Claire? | “卡住”不就是打不开的意思吗 克莱尔 |
[10:43] | We have to do something, dad. | 我们得想点办法 老爸 |
[10:44] | Can’t you — can’t you push it open or something? | 你能不能把门推开 或用别什么方法吗 |
[10:46] | I don’t know! | 不知道 |
[10:47] | We are trapped in your driveway, | 我们困在你的车道上 |
[10:50] | and you don’t know? | 你说不知道怎么办 |
[10:51] | As a gate owner, dad, | 老爸 作为这扇门的主人 |
[10:52] | you have a certain responsibility. | 你要负责 |
[10:54] | See, my daughter is gonna get up on that stage | 我女儿将要 |
[10:57] | and give a speech | 登台演讲 |
[10:58] | and graduate from middle school, | 然后从中学毕业 |
[11:00] | and if I am not there, dad, I am going to freak out! | 如果我不能在场的话 我会崩溃的 |
[11:01] | I am going to freak out! | 我会崩溃的 |
[11:02] | – Maybe push it.- Do you understand what I am saying? | -或许可以推开 -你明白我的心情吗 |
[11:04] | Do you have any idea how important… | 你明白这有多重要吗 |
[11:05] | – Why are you smiling? – I’m not — I’m not smiling. | -你为什么在笑 -我没有 我没有笑 |
[11:11] | Hysterical wife. | 歇斯底里的妻子 |
[11:13] | Hysterical wife. | 歇斯底里的妻子 |
[11:14] | Hysterical wife. | 歇斯底里的妻子 |
[11:16] | Jackpot. | 中奖[模仿老虎机中奖] |
[11:23] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[11:24] | All right. Okay, we have tried this way. | 好吧 我们试试这个方法 |
[11:26] | I say we ram the gate. Kids, get out of the way. | 把门撞开 孩子们 让开 |
[11:28] | Hold on! I think I can fix this! | 等等 我觉得我可以搞定 |
[11:30] | I just need a paper clip, some olive oil, | 我需要一个回形针 橄榄油 |
[11:32] | and a ribbon. | 还要缎带 |
[11:33] | What’s the plan, “Macgayver”? | 你准备怎么做 能工巧匠 |
[11:34] | Actually, the paper clip | 事实上 回形针 |
[11:36] | is to connect these two circuits, | 是用来连接这两个电路的 |
[11:37] | and the olive oil is to lubricate the mechanism. | 橄榄油是用来润滑的 |
[11:40] | And the hair ribbon is for Lily. | 缎带是给莉莉的 |
[11:41] | Her hair’s been driving me crazy all day. | 她的发型让我抓狂了一天了 |
[11:43] | Why don’t we just call some cabs? | 我们可以打车去 |
[11:44] | Because, Mitchell, this is not Times Square, | 因为 米奇尔 这里不是泰晤士广场 |
[11:46] | and they’ll take forever. | 我们打不到车的 |
[11:47] | Well, then we’ll just climb over the fence and start running. | 那我们爬过围墙 跑步过去 |
[11:48] | No, we won’t, because it’s 5 miles away, Phil! | 不 菲尔 学校离这5英里 |
[11:50] | And I’m in big shoes, so, no. | 我还穿着美美的高跟鞋 所以不行 |
[11:53] | Wait, wait, wait, wait! | 等下 等下 |
[11:55] | I save the day. | 救星来啦 |
[11:57] | Let’s take this crazy bicycle, | 骑这个笨脚踏车去吧 |
[11:59] | we throw it over the gate, | 我们先把它扔到门外 |
[12:00] | Then we take Phil and we take Claire, | 然后把菲尔和克莱尔 |
[12:02] | and then we throw them over the gate, too. | 也一起扔到门外去 |
[12:05] | All right, what the hell is that? | 好吧 这是到底是什么玩意儿 |
[12:06] | Jay bought it. | 杰买的 |
[12:07] | He thought we were gonna use it all the time, | 他觉得我们会用到 |
[12:08] | But I keep hitting my boobs with my knees. | 但是我骑的时候 膝盖一直碰到胸部 |
[12:10] | Champagne problems, right? | 甜蜜的负担 对不 |
[12:12] | Honey, they’re not gonna ride the bike. | 亲爱的 他们不会骑这脚踏车的 |
[12:14] | Yeah, but I still think that we should throw it over the gate. | 但我还是觉得我们应该把它扔过去 |
[12:17] | Okay, you know what? | 好吧 你知道吗 |
[12:18] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢了 |
[12:19] | Nobody else has come up with an idea. | 没人想出有建设性的办法 |
[12:20] | I think I’ve got a good idea. | 我有办法 |
[12:22] | We don’t have time to build a rocket, buddy. | 伙计 我们没时间造火箭 |
[12:25] | Never mind. | 那算了 |
[12:26] | Okay. So… | 好了 |
[12:28] | Phil and I will go over first, | 那菲尔和我先过去 |
[12:29] | And then you guys will throw over the bike? | 然后你们把车扔过来 |
[12:31] | Okay, step up. I’ll boost you. | 好了 上来吧 我把你举上去 |
[12:32] | Couldn’t we get a ladder? | 咱们不能找架梯子来吗 |
[12:34] | Please, on cheer squad I boosted girls bigger than you | 拜托 我当拉拉队叠罗汉的时候 |
[12:36] | to the top of a human pyramid. | 还举过比你壮的女生呢 |
[12:37] | Now, arms at your side. | 现在 手放两边 |
[12:39] | Straight like a pencil. | 身体打直 |
[12:41] | One, two… | 一 二… |
[12:43] | We are bulldogs! | 我们壮如斗牛犬 |
[12:47] | She’s fine. | 她没事 |
[12:48] | Okay. Jay, now you do me. | 好了 杰 现在该你来弄我了 |
[12:52] | Just grab a handful. Don’t be shy. | 用力一把抓就行 别害羞 |
[12:55] | I’m not giving you as much to work with. | 现在没剩多少肉了 |
[12:57] | I used to have a lot more there. I lost it. | 以前挺丰满的 现在瘦了不少 |
[12:58] | They used to call me “The grand can.” | 他们以前都叫我”肥臀” |
[13:06] | “It’s ironic that I stand up here | “讽刺的是 如今我却站在这里 |
[13:08] | Representing my classmates when, for the past…” | 作为学生代表 在过去的三年中” |
[13:11] | I read the rest of your speech. | 我读完你的演讲稿了 |
[13:12] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[13:14] | Do you hate me? | 你是讨厌我吗 |
[13:16] | What?! | 什么 |
[13:17] | You talk about how all the popular kids are shallow and lame. | 你说那些受欢迎的孩子们有多肤浅多不堪 |
[13:20] | I didn’t mean you. | 我并不是在说你 |
[13:21] | You think you have everyone figured out, | 你以为你把每个人都看得很透彻 |
[13:22] | but everybody has their stuff. | 但是其实每个人都有自己的难言之隐 |
[13:25] | What “Stuff” do you have? | 你能有什么难言之隐 |
[13:26] | Too many boys chasing after you? Too many parties? | 有太多男孩追 还是有太多派对要参加 |
[13:29] | You really want to know what “stuff” I have? | 你真的想知道我有什么难言之隐吗 |
[13:32] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[13:33] | I’m flunking out of biology. | 我的生物课挂科了 |
[13:35] | And now I have to go to summer school. | 现在我不得不去上暑期班 |
[13:37] | My friends — all they can ever talk about nowadays | 我的朋友们 他们现在讨论的唯一话题 |
[13:40] | is going off to college, | 就是上大学 |
[13:40] | and I don’t even know if I can get into college. | 而我甚至都不确定自己是否能上大学 |
[13:43] | Is that enough “Stuff” For you? | 这点难言之隐对你来说够了吗 |
[13:45] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[13:46] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[13:47] | Fine. Give your stupid speech. | 随你好了 照着你那破稿子念吧 |
[13:49] | Be an outcast. | 享受被人排挤的生活吧 |
[13:50] | But you’re only doing it to yourself | 但你这么做只会害到自己 |
[13:51] | because you’re smart and pretty | 因为你聪明又漂亮 |
[13:53] | and sort of funny in a way that I don’t really get | 还透着一股虽然我不太懂 |
[13:55] | but other people seem to enjoy, | 但其他人似乎很喜欢的幽默感 |
[13:57] | So, you can either start fresh next year | 所以 要么你明年开始新生活 |
[13:59] | or be the freak who flipped off her class. | 要么成为那个对全班竖中指的怪胎 |
[14:02] | You really think I’m pretty? | 你真的我觉得我漂亮吗 |
[14:03] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[14:10] | Phil, go straight! | 菲尔 走直线 |
[14:12] | This way’s faster! | 这样会更快 |
[14:13] | No, straight! | 不要 直着走 |
[14:13] | Stop leaning! | 别再往那边歪了 |
[14:14] | – Do you want to drive?! – I do. | -你想来开路吗 -我想 |
[14:15] | Tough, I called it! | 没门 是我先说的 |
[14:16] | D’oh. | 我晕 |
[14:17] | What was that?! | 那是怎么回事 |
[14:19] | Oh, crap. The chain broke! | 妈的 车链子断了 |
[14:21] | Just keep pedaling. It doesn’t matter. | 接着蹬就行了 那个不要紧的 |
[14:23] | It matters a little! | 那个有点要紧 |
[14:25] | Cam, please be careful. | 小卡 务必要小心啊 |
[14:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:27] | If I get electrocuted, my hat might blow right off. | 要是我被电死了 我的帽子就会爆飞 |
[14:29] | That would be funny. It’s that, all right? | 而这个场景很可笑 对吗 |
[14:31] | No, no. | 不是 不是 |
[14:34] | Hey, Jay! | 杰 |
[14:36] | I know you’re feeling self-conscious, | 我知道你觉得难为情 |
[14:38] | so I dug out something I thought might help. | 所以我找了点对你有用的东西 |
[14:40] | Put that thing away. | 把那玩意儿拿开 |
[14:40] | I knew you’d say that, but hear me out. | 我就知道你会这么说 但听我说完 |
[14:42] | This was designed to make | 这是专门为惊悚恐怖的人 |
[14:44] | A hideously disfigured man look supercool. | 变身超酷型男而设计的 |
[14:46] | It’s perfect for you. | 这简直太适合你了 |
[14:48] | Oh, yikes. Okay. | 哎呀 太恶心了 好吧 |
[14:50] | I’ll go upstairs and see if I hava lefty. | 我上楼去看看 还有没有左边脸的 |
[14:56] | Don’t look at me like that. | 别那么看着我 |
[14:57] | I have to say that I am a little disappointed | 我不得不说 我对你去做这种事 |
[15:00] | in you doing this thing. | 感到有点失望 |
[15:01] | Not me. | 我可不失望 |
[15:02] | I feel real good about it. | 我感觉好极了 |
[15:04] | Now many times do I have to tell you | 我都告诉你多少遍了 |
[15:06] | that you don’t have to look young for me? | 不需要特地为我变年轻 |
[15:07] | I didn’t do it for you. | 我不是为了你才那么做的 |
[15:09] | What is her name?! | 那是为了谁 |
[15:10] | Stop. | 别闹了 |
[15:11] | Most of the time, I walk around, | 大多数时候 我边走边想 |
[15:12] | and in my head, I’m 40. | 在脑子里想 觉得自己只有四十岁 |
[15:14] | Then I look in the mirror, | 而当我照镜子的时候 |
[15:16] | I say, “Who’s that old man? | 我会问自己 “这个老男人是谁 |
[15:17] | And what’s he doing in my bathroom?” | 他在我的浴室做什么” |
[15:19] | Well, it’s my bathroom, too. | 那也是我的浴室啊 |
[15:21] | And I like when the old guy is there. | 我喜欢那里面有个老男人 |
[15:23] | This is the face that I fell in love with. | 我爱上的就是你这张脸 |
[15:27] | Not this face — | 不是这边 |
[15:29] | This one. | 是这半边 |
[15:30] | The gate’s opening! The gate’s opening! | 门打开了 门打开了 |
[15:31] | – How did you do that? – I didn’t do anything. | -你怎么做到的 -我什么也没做 |
[15:33] | I did it. | 是我做的 |
[15:34] | I opened it with my mind. | 我用我的思想打开了它 |
[15:36] | Come on, guys! | 大家快来 |
[15:37] | – Let’s go, guys! – Yeah, let’s go. | -咱们快走吧 -对 咱们走 |
[15:39] | – Manny! – Get manny. | -曼尼 -快去叫曼尼 |
[15:40] | Everyone in the car. Let’s go! | 所有人都上车 咱们走 |
[15:42] | Yep. That’s what I thought. Chain’s broken. | 没错 跟我想的一样 链子断了 |
[15:45] | What do you think? | 你有什么想法 |
[15:48] | I think we gotta go. | 我觉得咱们得走了 |
[15:50] | Sweetie, we– we can’t make it on foot. | 宝贝 我们 我们不可能走着去 |
[15:53] | We have to try. | 我们总得试试 |
[15:55] | Honey. | 宝贝 |
[15:57] | Honey! | 宝贝 |
[15:59] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[16:00] | It’s not okay, phil! | 怎么会没事 菲尔 |
[16:01] | It’s not okay. We’re losing her. | 明明有事 我们就要失去她了 |
[16:04] | – Alex? – Yes. | -艾丽克斯吗 -对 |
[16:05] | You’re not losing her. | 你不会失去她的 |
[16:06] | We are. She’s going to high school. | 会的 她要去上高中了 |
[16:08] | This is just when I lost Haley. | 我当初也是这么失去海莉的 |
[16:10] | This is when Haley went from being my sweet little angel | 海莉从我印象中可爱小天使 |
[16:13] | to being a moody, | 变成一个情绪化 |
[16:14] | texting, snotty little princess | 爱发短信 又蛮横无理的傲娇公主 |
[16:16] | who hates me. | 而且她还讨厌我 |
[16:18] | Haley doesn’t hate you. | 海莉才不讨厌你 |
[16:20] | And we’re not losing her. | 而且我们也不会失去她 |
[16:22] | Do you remember when you used to come home from work | 你还记得你以前下班回到家 |
[16:24] | and Haley would meet you at the door | 海莉会穿着她的小”阿拉丁”睡衣 |
[16:26] | in her little “Aladdin” Pajamas? | 在门口迎接你吗 |
[16:27] | And, you know, she’d stick her arms up in the air | 而且 她还会高举着双臂 |
[16:29] | And say, “Daddy, daddy, take me on a magic carpet ride.” | 然后说 “老爸老爸 带我一起去魔毯之旅” |
[16:32] | Remember that? | 还记得吗 |
[16:34] | When was the last time Haley was that excited to see you? | 离上次海莉见到你很兴奋有多久了 |
[16:38] | I don’t remember. It’s been so long. | 久到我忘了 |
[16:42] | We’re losing another one. | 我们又要失去另一个女儿了 |
[16:44] | And that’s what kids do — they leave. | 孩子们就是这样的 他们离开 |
[16:46] | They leave, and they — and they don’t come back. | 一个接一个地离开 然后再也不回来 |
[16:50] | Well, ours will come back, right? | 我们的孩子会回来的 对吧 |
[16:52] | What if they don’t,and — | 要是不回来呢 |
[16:52] | and, pretty soon, it’s just the two of us? | 很快 就只剩我们俩了 |
[16:56] | I don’t want to go to Vegas anymore. | 我再也不想去维加斯了 |
[16:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:00] | I just want to hug them | 我只想抱着他们 |
[17:01] | and embarrass them in front of their friends. | 让他们在朋友面前出糗 |
[17:02] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:04] | And Alex — my god. | 艾丽克斯 天啊 |
[17:06] | If we miss this speech — | 要是我们错过了演讲 |
[17:08] | Honey, she’s a middle child — | 亲爱的 她是咱家老二 |
[17:11] | She will never forgive us. | 她不会原谅我们的 |
[17:13] | We’re not missing that speech! | 我们不会错过演讲的 |
[17:15] | Hello! Hello! | 停车 停车 |
[17:17] | What’s the plan, Phil? | 你要怎么做 菲尔 |
[17:18] | Mi nombre es Felipe. | 我叫菲利 |
[17:20] | Yo voy… | 你开去… |
[17:21] | a la escuela. | 一个学校 |
[17:22] | You need a ride to the school. | 你想搭顺风车去学校 |
[17:23] | Yes, please! | 是的 拜托了 |
[17:24] | Felipe? | 你叫菲利 |
[17:30] | Okay. | 行了 |
[17:31] | V anos,muchachos! | 快点 兄弟 |
[17:38] | I am so proud to be standing | 我很荣幸站在 |
[17:40] | in front of this extraordinary group of youngsters. | 这一群杰出的青少年面前 |
[17:44] | I’m sorry — or should I say “Oldsters”? | 抱歉 或者我应该改成”老生们” |
[17:47] | But seriously, the word “Commencement” | 但说实话 “毕业典礼”这词 |
[17:49] | means “Beginning.” | 代表的是”开始” |
[17:51] | I’m sorry I laughed. | 我很抱歉我笑话了你 |
[17:52] | I don’t need an apology, | 我才不要你道歉 |
[17:54] | But I will say your behavior today | 但必须要说你今天的行为 |
[17:55] | has been very eye-opening. | 让人大开眼界 |
[17:57] | No offense, Ja | 无意冒犯 杰 |
[17:58] | None taken. You look like an iceberg. | 没事 你看上去像个冰山 |
[18:02] | Okay. | 行了 |
[18:03] | This is…right here. | 是这儿 就这儿 |
[18:09] | Okay. Let’s go. | 好了 快走 |
[18:10] | Muchas gracias, muchachos! | 非常感谢 兄弟 |
[18:12] | You’re quite welcome! | 太客气了 |
[18:15] | And now, please welcome your valedictorian, | 现在 我们有请学生致辞代表 |
[18:17] | Alex Dunphy. | 艾丽克斯·邓菲 |
[18:25] | Where’s my mom and dad? | 我爸妈呢 |
[18:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:27] | Mm — there they are! | 他们来了 |
[18:30] | Come on, Phil! | 快点 菲尔 |
[18:33] | Principal Kaizler… | 敬爱的凯斯勒校长 |
[18:35] | – Hold on, Phil! … – faculty… | -等等 菲尔 -全体老师 |
[18:36] | – Oh, sweet cream! I’m sliding! – Oh, my god, phil! | -亲爱的 我滑倒了 -天呐 菲尔 |
[18:37] | …school-board administrators… – I got you. Get up. Get up. | -校董成员 -我抓住你了 起来 |
[18:38] | – I got you. … – fellow graduates… | -我抓住你了 -各位毕业生 |
[18:40] | I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! | 对不起对不起 |
[18:40] | …parents, and everyone | 各位家长 以及 |
[18:42] | who helped us through these challenging formative years, | 伴我们度过具有挑战的青春期阶段的每一位 |
[18:44] | Cam! You have lost all credibility. | 小卡 你这是五十步笑一百步 |
[18:46] | – This is completely different. – How? | -这可不一样 -怎么不一样 |
[18:48] | It’s the juxtaposition of absurdist comedy | 这是荒诞的喜剧和 |
[18:50] | against the backdrop of a formal setting… | 对战正式场合的背景 |
[18:52] | Not a big-boned man falling into a pool. | 而不是一个大男人跌进了游泳池 |
[18:54] | – Really? – Shh! This is about alex. | -是嘛 -别说话 艾丽克斯才是焦点 |
[18:57] | It’s ironic that I stand up here representing my classmates | 我在此代表我的同学发言真是有点讽刺 |
[19:01] | when… | 那个… |
[19:04] | …they’re so… | 他们都很 |
[19:07] | awesome… | 出色 |
[19:08] | They should be up here themselves. | 他们都应该自己站在这里 |
[19:11] | But I’m up here, and… | 但我站这里了 |
[19:14] | I’m sayin’… | 我要说的是 |
[19:16] | stuff, | 难言之隐 |
[19:18] | ’cause everybody’s got their… | 因为每一个人都有自己的 |
[19:21] | stuff, | 难言之隐 |
[19:23] | whether you’re popular | 不论你是人气王 |
[19:25] | or a drama geek… | 或是滑稽怪人 |
[19:27] | or a cheerleader… | 或是啦啦队队长 |
[19:29] | or even a nerd like me. | 或者像我这样的书呆子 |
[19:32] | We all have our insecurities. | 我们都有自己的不足 |
[19:35] | Yes, we do. | 是的 都有 |
[19:37] | We’re all just trying to figure out who we are. | 我们都在努力证明自己 |
[19:40] | I guess what I’m trying to say is… | 我要说的是 |
[19:44] | …Don’t stop…believin’… | 永远 相信 自己 |
[19:49] | …Get this party started. | 开始狂欢吧 |
[19:54] | That’s so cute. | 太棒了 |
[20:05] | Seriously? | 不是吧 |
[20:11] | There she is. | 她过来了 |
[20:12] | That girl. | 美女 |
[20:15] | Your speech moved me. | 你的演讲让我很感动 |
[20:18] | I loved how you play with the song titles. | 我太爱你这么引用歌的名字 |
[20:20] | Fantastic. | 太厉害了 |
[20:21] | My idea. | 我想的哦 |
[20:22] | You did good, kid. | 孩子 做得不错 |
[20:23] | Thanks, grandpa. Aah! | 谢谢祖父 |
[20:25] | Don’t ask. He’ll be fine. | 别问为什么 他会好的 |
[20:26] | Yes. We are so proud of you. | 是的 我们都以你为豪 |
[20:28] | Come here. | 亲下 |
[20:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[20:30] | I opened a gate with my mind. | 我用意念打开心门 |
[20:32] | What do you say we all go get something to eat? | 我们去吃点东西好吗 |
[20:34] | Let’s do it. Yeah. | 我们去吧 |
[20:35] | A-actually, I was kind of just invited to a party. | 其实 我被邀请去一个派对 |
[20:39] | Would it be okay if I go? | 我能过去吗 |
[20:40] | Yeah. Of course. | 当然可以 |
[20:41] | – Yeah. – Yay! | -可以啊 -太好了 |
[20:43] | See you, kid. Have fun. | 孩子 去吧 |
[20:43] | Thanks for coming, you guys! | 玩的高兴点 谢谢你们能来 |
[20:45] | Bye! Bye! Bye! Bye! | 再见再见 |
[20:46] | Congratulations! | 恭喜啊 |
[20:48] | I’m kind of hungry, mom. | 老妈我饿了 |
[20:51] | Oh, my god. She’s back. | 天啊 她回来了 |
[20:53] | – My baby. – What? | -我的宝贝 -什么 |
[20:54] | – My baby. – Oh, my god. | -我的宝贝 -我的天啊 |
[20:56] | – My little baby. – What are you doing? | -我的小宝贝 -你们做什么啊 |
[20:57] | Let’s go. Let’s go eat. | 我们走 去吃东西 |
[20:59] | – I’m not hungry amore. – Oh, you’re not gonna regret this. | -我已经饱了 -不吃会后悔的哦 |
[21:00] | I could use some shrimp. | 我要吃点虾 |
[21:01] | I’m not hu– I’m not hungry. | 我不 我不饿了 |
[21:02] | I’m not hungry anymore. | 我真不饿了 |
[21:04] | Sure you are. Sure you are. | 你饿了 你肯定饿了 |
[21:04] | I’m not — no, I’m not. | 不 我真不饿了 |