时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | So then what happened? | 那后来呢 |
[00:03] | Well she didn’t show up to school the next day. | 第二天她没来学校 |
[00:06] | And I heard that she slept over at his dorm. | 我听说她是在他宿舍过的夜 |
[00:08] | No way. | 不是吧 |
[00:10] | Seriously, are you surprised? | 说真的 你居然会觉得惊讶 |
[00:12] | Do you not know Carley? | 你还不认识卡莉吗 |
[00:13] | Have you not seen what she wears at school? | 没看她在学校都穿些什么 |
[00:15] | Girls, let’s cool it on the gossip, okay? | 姑娘们 别八卦了行吗 |
[00:17] | It’s not right. | 背后说人闲话不好 |
[00:18] | And Carley’s got enough problems. | 再说卡莉麻烦已经够多了 |
[00:19] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[00:21] | Well, her mom can’t get through soccer practice | 她妈妈当年足球训练 |
[00:24] | without a thermos of chardonnay, | 必须靠酒才能挺过去 |
[00:25] | And don’t get me started on the dad. That guy is– | 更别提他爸爸了 那家伙实在 |
[00:28] | – Oh, my god! – Oh, my god! | -老天啊 -天啊 |
[00:30] | – Mom! – Oh! This is such a dangerous intersection! | -妈 -这十字路口太危险了 |
[00:34] | Did I get lipstick on my face? | 我脸上有口红印吗 |
[00:36] | No, you’re fine. And consider yourself lucky | 没有 美着呢 庆幸吧 |
[00:38] | you didn’t just get, like, felt up by your mom. | 你刚才至少没被妈妈袭胸 |
[00:41] | They need to get a stop sign. | 这里应该立个停车标志 |
[00:42] | What is your obsession with traffic? | 你怎么老纠结于交通问题 |
[00:44] | It’s an obsession with safety. | 是纠结于安全问题 |
[00:46] | One of these days, joe speeder’s gonna come tearing through here, | 早晚有一天 那些飙车族冲出来 |
[00:49] | and somebody’s gonna–aah! Aah! | 总有人会被 天啊 |
[00:51] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[00:53] | – Oh, my god! I’m okay. – Oh, hey, guys. | -我的天啊 -我没事 是你们啊 |
[00:55] | – Phil? – Yeah. No, I’m good. Gotta keep moving. | -菲尔 -我没事 我得接着走了 |
[00:58] | Keep the heart rate up. | 维持高心率运动 |
[01:01] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:02] | How’s my face? | 我脸怎么样 |
[01:04] | Still good. | 风姿依旧 |
[01:05] | Okay. Good. | 那就好 |
[01:18] | Gloria, how many times do I have to tell you | 歌洛莉亚 跟你说了好多遍了 |
[01:20] | to pull your car all the way in? | 车身要全部停进来 |
[01:21] | The gate was open all night. | 院门又开了一整晚 |
[01:23] | We live in a nice neighborhood. | 我们住在五好社区 |
[01:25] | What are you afraid of? That some money’s gonna fly in | 还怕什么 害怕钱像潮水般涌进来 |
[01:28] | and then your gardener is gonna have to rake it up? | 园丁要忙于挥耙清理吗 |
[01:31] | Jay, I’m going to need you to cut me a check. | 杰 帮我开张支票 |
[01:34] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[01:34] | Drama club trip. “Les miserables.” | 戏剧社活动 去看《悲惨世界》 |
[01:36] | We’re selling wrapping paper to raise money for the tickets. | 票钱要靠自己推销包装纸来募集 |
[01:38] | No. No. Wait. Wait. Slow down. What’s the story exactly? | 等等 慢慢说 是怎么个事儿 |
[01:41] | Well, Jean Valjean spent 19 years in prison | 冉阿让因为偷了一条面包 |
[01:43] | for stealing a loaf of bread. | 在监狱里被关了19年 |
[01:45] | The wrapping paper. | 我是问包装纸 |
[01:46] | 19 years for a loaf of bread? | 被关19年就为吃条面包 |
[01:48] | How good was this bread? | 什么面包这么好吃 |
[01:50] | It wasn’t about the bread. It was about the society– | 跟面包无关 故事旨在揭露这个社会 |
[01:52] | Focus, people. | 别跑题 各位 |
[01:53] | Manny, we will buy all your wrapping paper. | 曼尼 我们会买下你全部的包装纸 |
[01:55] | No. No, we won’t. No, he’s got to learn to sell. | 不 这样不行 他得学着自己卖 |
[01:58] | This is the best business training there is, | 这是锻炼营销技巧的绝好机会 |
[02:00] | hell, the best life training. | 更是一次绝佳的人生历练 |
[02:01] | Manny, write this down– | 曼尼 把这话记下来 |
[02:03] | “A good salesman goes after Moby Dick in a rowboat | “优秀推销员一名 驾驭划艇猎白鲸 |
[02:07] | and brings the tartar sauce with him.” | 塔塔美酱随身行” |
[02:11] | Jay is always telling me to “Write this down.” | 杰老是让我随听随记 |
[02:13] | I don’t always catch everything he says. | 但有时候 他说的话我理解无能 |
[02:16] | “Something, something, firm handshake.” | “什么什么紧握双手” |
[02:20] | “Never take the first room they show you.” | “看房莫止第一屋” |
[02:22] | Not sure who “They” Is. | 也不知道看谁的房 |
[02:25] | And this one just says “Pancakes.” | 还有这句 就两个字”煎饼” |
[02:28] | Cam, what’s this scribble on the “Vanity fair” | 小卡 《名利场》封面上什么领养机构的涂鸦 |
[02:30] | about an adoption agency? | 是怎么回事 |
[02:32] | Oh, um, yeah, they called to say | 对了 他们打电话来说 |
[02:34] | they wanted to reschedule our home visit. | 家访时间有变 |
[02:35] | When? Why didn’t you tell me? | 什么时候 你怎么没告诉我 |
[02:37] | Th-this is kind of important. | 这么重要的事 |
[02:38] | Well, when does it say? | 上面写的是什么时候 |
[02:40] | Uh, well, who knows? | 谁知道 |
[02:41] | It disappears into jennifer aniston’s hair. | 到詹妮弗·安妮斯顿头发那儿就看不清了 |
[02:43] | You gotta get a better system. | 你以后要换个方法记事 |
[02:45] | There is nothing wrong with my system. | 烂笔头不如好记性 |
[02:47] | Ask me anything about any upcoming event. | 随便问我什么日程安排 |
[02:48] | I can tell you when and where it is. | 我马上能告诉你时间地点 |
[02:50] | When is the adoption agency visit? | 收养机构家访是什么时间 |
[02:53] | Okay. Is that a “5” or a curl? | 好的 这是个”5″还是一撮卷发 |
[02:56] | Oh, I hope Jen’s finally found love. | 我希望詹妮弗最后能找到真爱 |
[03:05] | What happened here? | 这儿发生什么了 |
[03:06] | Well, Lily and I woke up in a French mood, | 一大早起床时 莉莉和我心系法式风情 |
[03:08] | so we decided to whip up some crepes. | 所以我们决定自制些法国薄饼 |
[03:10] | When are you gonna be in the mood to wipe up some crepes? | 你什么时候才有心情打扫这些薄饼呢 |
[03:12] | Oh, I know, it’s a little messy, but… | 我知道这里有点乱 但是 |
[03:14] | – you know what? I’m gonna clean it up. – Okay. | -我会打扫干净的 -好的 |
[03:16] | – I’ll clean it up. – Will you? | -我会打扫的 -你会吗 |
[03:18] | – Just say what’s on your mind. – You never clean up. | -心里有话不妨直说 -你不会打扫的 |
[03:20] | Save the gasp. | 气结也没用 |
[03:22] | Cam, whenever you get creative in the kitchen, | 小卡 每次你在厨房研究新菜式 |
[03:24] | I’m the one who ends up cleaning it up, okay? | 总是我来收拾残局 |
[03:26] | The homemade pizza, fondue, molecular gastronomy. | 自制披萨 芝士火锅 分子烹饪 诸如此类 |
[03:29] | I’m still cleaning shrimp foam out of the curtains. | 到现在 窗帘上的虾沫尚未清理干净 |
[03:31] | Okay, you know, Mitchell? Just go to work, okay? | 行了 米奇尔 你放心去上班吧 |
[03:34] | I’m gonna take Lily to school, and then when I get home, | 我来送莉莉上学 等我回家的时候 |
[03:37] | I’m gonna scrub this place like a crime scene, | 我就清理”饭醉现场” 不留蛛丝马迹 |
[03:39] | which it is, because you’ve murdered joy. | 也的确是犯罪现场 因为你扼杀了我的乐趣 |
[03:45] | Hey, buddy. What’s up? | 伙计 干吗呢 |
[03:48] | Hey, dad. Think fast. | 老爸 接招 |
[03:51] | Oh, my god! | 我的天啊 |
[03:53] | – Oh, my god! – Oh, my god! | -好神奇 -太神奇了 |
[03:55] | If we had that on tape, | 如果我们把这个录下来了 |
[03:56] | it’d be the greatest youtube video ever! | 它肯定会是Youtube史上最佳视频 |
[03:58] | We’d get, like, a million hits. This is our double rainbow! | 会有一百万点击率 直逼《惊现双彩虹》 |
[04:01] | We need to do it again. | 我们得再来一遍 |
[04:02] | Oh, I would, buddy, but, uh, | 我也想 伙计 但是 |
[04:04] | Your mom’s all over me to change a bunch of lightbulbs. | 你妈妈有好多灯泡要我换呢 |
[04:07] | How many moms does it take to screw on a lightbulb? | 拧一个灯泡需要几个妈妈 |
[04:09] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[04:10] | None, ’cause they get you to do it, sucker. | 一个都不用 因为她会指使你去干 废柴 |
[04:16] | I laughed, but… | 我强颜欢笑 但是 |
[04:18] | It hurt a little. | 内心在滴血 |
[04:21] | We’re home! | 我们回来啦 |
[04:23] | – Us, too. – Oh, great. You’re all here. | -我们也回来啦 -太好了 人齐了 |
[04:25] | What’s up, girl? | 怎么了 妹子 |
[04:27] | Oh. You know that really dangerous intersection? | 知道什么是危险十字路吗 |
[04:29] | Where desire meets jealousy, and the result is murder? | 是说欲恨纠缠 杀意萌生吗 |
[04:33] | Mnh-mnh. The one where I almost killed you this morning. | 是说今早我差点撞死你的那个十字路 |
[04:34] | Oh, yeah. Sorry. That was my bad. I got lost in my Jams. | 对不起 是我的错 我太入神了 |
[04:38] | Dangerous combo– speed walking and speedwagon. | 危险组合啊 竞走+摇滚 |
[04:41] | Oh. I wasn’t even trying for that. | 我当时完全是无意创造出来的 |
[04:43] | Nice. | 好赞 |
[04:44] | Well, I am getting us a stop sign. | 我要去申请一个停车标志 |
[04:47] | I called City Hall, and how is this for amazing? | 我打给市政厅了 真是赶得早不如赶得巧 |
[04:50] | The Traffic Committee meets tonight. | 交通委员会今晚例会 |
[04:52] | I’ve got goosebumps. | 我内心十分激动 |
[04:53] | I know, right? All I have to do is get 50 signatures, | 可不是嘛 现在只要征集50个签名 |
[04:56] | show up, make my case. | 走个过场 事就成了 |
[04:58] | – It’s on. – I am so proud of you. | -好戏开始了 -我真为你骄傲 |
[05:00] | We all are. Mm. | 都为你骄傲 |
[05:02] | We love when mom gets on a project. | 妈妈有事做的日子真美好 |
[05:04] | Because usually the minute any of us walks in the door, | 因为在平时 只要我们一进家门 |
[05:06] | she gives us something to do. | 她就会给我们安排事情做 |
[05:08] | “Do your homework. Clean your room.” | “做作业 扫房间” |
[05:10] | “Put on pants.” | “穿裤子” |
[05:11] | Like the Queen’s coming over. Am I right? | 又不是觐见女王 那么讲究干嘛 |
[05:14] | So when she’s not around or gets busy, | 一旦她不在家或者忙得顾不得我们 |
[05:16] | Luke and I capitalize on the situation. | 我和卢克就会抓紧时间狂欢一把 |
[05:19] | There you are, my good man. | 给你 老兄 |
[05:21] | Squire, let’s do it. | 小卢子 开始行动吧 |
[05:24] | Get you some! | 尽情吃吧 |
[05:26] | Well, I think it’s awesome. | 这计划真好 |
[05:28] | I am so glad because I could really use your help | 太好了 我正需要你们帮忙 |
[05:30] | getting these signatures. | 征集签名 |
[05:34] | I’ll do it, | 我来吧 |
[05:35] | soon as I change those lightbulbs you wanted. | 给你换完灯泡后就动手 |
[05:37] | Great. Kids? | 很好 你们呢 |
[05:39] | Crud. You know, I’ve got a ton of homework. | 真不巧 今天作业都堆成山了 |
[05:43] | – Uh, science project. – Haley? | -我有科学小项目 -海莉呢 |
[05:47] | I need to get started on my college essay. | 我得准备大学入学申请论文 |
[05:50] | You know what? Maybe I’ll write it about you. | 其实我觉得 可以写写你 |
[05:52] | You’re just so inspirational. | 你的事迹如此鼓舞人心 |
[05:54] | Girl power! You rock. | 女中豪杰 你太有才了 |
[05:56] | Thanks, honey. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[05:59] | I do rock. | 我是很有才 |
[06:02] | Stella, down. | 斯黛拉 下去 |
[06:07] | Stella, no. This is very dangerous. | 斯黛拉 别跳了 很危险 |
[06:09] | Okay, Estella. That’s it. | 埃斯特拉 够了 |
[06:11] | Come here, because Jay is gonna be very mad | 过来 你要是有个三长两短 |
[06:13] | if something happens to you. | 杰会气疯的 |
[06:19] | Go play with the bone. See you later. | 玩你的骨头去吧 回见 |
[06:23] | Now I can cook my empanadas. | 终于能专心做肉馅卷饼了 |
[06:27] | The gate. | 门没关 |
[06:29] | Ay, no! | 不要啊 |
[06:30] | Ay, no! The gate! The gate! | 不要啊 忘了关门了 |
[06:33] | Estella, come back! | 回来啊 斯黛拉 |
[06:45] | Hey there, Mr. Salesman. | 怎么样啊 销售员同志 |
[06:46] | Can we not talk about business? | 我们不谈生意行吗 |
[06:48] | That bad, huh? | 这么糟糕吗 |
[06:49] | I gave it everything I got– | 我已经尽全力了 |
[06:51] | Working the dimples, going big eyes. | 卖萌卖笑都试了 |
[06:53] | It got me two things– diddly and squat. | 结果呢 遭的全是白眼 |
[06:56] | How many houses you hit? | 你去了多少户人家 |
[06:57] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[06:59] | Must’ve been at least three. | 最少也有三家 |
[07:01] | Three? And that’s your idea of the best you got? | 就三家也叫尽全力了 |
[07:04] | It was very hard on me. | 这对我来说太难了 |
[07:05] | I’m not used to rejection… or hills. | 爬山我身累 被拒我心累 |
[07:08] | Look, you can’t quit after three houses. | 你不能就试了三家就放弃 |
[07:10] | That’s– that’s not perseverance. | 半途而废可不对 |
[07:12] | What are you selling? | 你卖的是什么东西 |
[07:14] | – Wrapping paper. – Wrong. | -包装纸 -错 |
[07:16] | You’re selling Christmas– | 你的卖点是圣诞节 |
[07:17] | the excitement of opening presents, | 你卖的是打开礼物的那种喜悦 |
[07:19] | the taste of eggnog. | 蛋奶酒的醇香 |
[07:21] | I do love eggnog. | 我喜欢蛋奶酒 |
[07:22] | Look, write this down– | 把这话记下来 |
[07:23] | “What’s the difference between ‘try’ and ‘triumph’?” | 成功和尝试的区别在哪里 |
[07:27] | A little oomph? | 就差中间使得那把劲 |
[07:28] | A little oomph. Get it? | 就差中间使得那把劲 明白了吗 |
[07:30] | Of course I get it. I just said it. | 我自己说的我当然明白 |
[07:33] | Hey! I’m gonna kill you when I find you, silly dog! | 笨狗 找到你老娘就把你炖了 |
[07:37] | Why don’t you come back? Stella! | 快回来吧 斯黛拉 |
[07:39] | I have a theory. | 我有个想法 |
[07:40] | Ay, Cam, thank you for helping me. | 真谢谢你过来帮我 小卡 |
[07:42] | Oh, it’s my pleasure. Stella! | 乐意之至 斯黛拉 |
[07:46] | Stella! | 斯黛拉 |
[07:49] | Oh, my god. | 我的神啊 |
[07:50] | What? Do you see her? | 怎么了 你看见她了吗 |
[07:52] | No. But I see myself in the role I was born to play. | 没有 但我发现这个角色简直是为我量身订造 |
[07:57] | Stella! | 斯黛拉 |
[08:02] | Stella! | 斯黛拉 |
[08:10] | Hello? Oh, Mitchell, you are not gonna believe this. | 喂 米奇尔 你猜怎么着 |
[08:13] | I’m out helping Gloria look for her dog. | 我正在外面帮歌洛莉亚找她的狗 |
[08:15] | I’m wearing an undershirt and I’m screaming “Stella,” | 我就只穿着件内衣然后大喊斯黛拉 |
[08:17] | Just like in “Streetcar.” | 就和《欲望号街车》里的场景一模一样 |
[08:20] | – Hello? – You didn’t clean the kitchen. | -你在听吗 -你没清理厨房 |
[08:22] | Mitchell, I am an inadvertent Stanley Kowalski. | 米奇尔 我现在斯坦利·科沃斯基附体 |
[08:24] | How can you not be delighted by this? | 你怎么都不替我高兴 |
[08:26] | You promised. | 你答应过的 |
[08:27] | I was called away for an emergency. | 我接到紧急呼救 |
[08:28] | Gloria’s lost her dog, and she’s heartbroken. | 歌洛莉亚的狗丢了 她心碎欲死 |
[08:31] | Where are you, dumb dog? | 笨狗 你死哪去了 |
[08:33] | I hope in a big, black hole. | 最好掉进洞里 坑死你 |
[08:35] | I cannot believe That you did this to me yet again. Oh. | 真不敢相信你又干这种事 |
[08:38] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没干 |
[08:40] | I cooked a meal in our kitchen. | 我就在厨房做了个饭 |
[08:42] | And then you left on purpose, knowing that | 然后你就故意甩手不管 |
[08:43] | I would not be able to sit here without cleaning it up. | 知道我怕脏乱 会替你收拾 |
[08:46] | Life is messy sometimes. Big deal. | 生活本就一团糟 多大的事啊 |
[08:48] | It gets cleaned up. | 总有雾散云开的时候 |
[08:49] | You’re the one with a problem if you can’t leave | 几个脏盘子放一放又有什么 |
[08:51] | a few dirty dishes for a couple hours. | 忍不了是你自己的问题 |
[08:53] | O-okay, fine. C-cam, I’m not cleaning it up. | 行 小卡 我不清理 |
[08:55] | Great. | 太好了 |
[08:57] | I mean it. | 我说到做到 |
[08:57] | Perfect. You know what? | 太好了 要不这样 |
[08:59] | Why don’t you make it bigger? | 你干脆弄得更乱一点 |
[08:59] | You know what? I will. | 没问题 我会的 |
[09:01] | I-I… Okay, you know, get–get ready, | 行 给我听好了 你就等着吧 |
[09:03] | Because you are gonna come home to–to a giant mess. | 等你回家时 这里就会变得脏乱差 |
[09:06] | And I will give him a giant hug when I get there. | 再脏再乱再差 我也欣然接受 |
[09:12] | Stella! | 斯黛拉 |
[09:15] | Hey, dad. Think fast. | 老爸 接招 |
[09:18] | Oh. Wow. Buddy. | 哎呦 伙计 |
[09:20] | I’m sorry. I told you, I gotta change the lightbulbs | 我不能陪你玩 我说过了要去换灯泡 |
[09:22] | and then help your mom with those signatures. | 然后还得帮你妈去弄那些签名 |
[09:25] | Never mind. | 没关系 |
[09:26] | I guess it was a stupid idea anyways. | 反正这主意也不灵光 |
[09:30] | I’ve always said that if my son thinks of me | 我一贯坚持 只要孩子把我 |
[09:31] | as one of his idiot friends, then I’ve succeeded as a dad. | 和他的狐朋狗友等同视之 我这当爹的就成功了 |
[09:34] | If he wants to go the wrong way on the escalator, I’m on board. | 要是他想在电梯上逆着跑 我会跟他一起疯 |
[09:37] | If he wants to go into a restaurant | 要是他想跑到餐馆里 |
[09:38] | and pretend we’re Australian. | 假扮自己是澳大利亚人 |
[09:40] | “G’day mate!” | “你好”[澳大利亚口音] |
[09:40] | “Toss a few shrimp on the barbie for me and my Joey.” | “给我和我家崽来点儿烤大虾”[澳大利亚口音] |
[09:44] | Yeah? Right? Nicole Kidman? | 对味吧 妮可·基德曼[澳洲名演员] |
[09:46] | Men at Work? | 群星乐队[澳洲著名乐队] |
[09:48] | Here we go. Take 12. | 第十二条 准备开拍 |
[09:51] | Hey, buddy! I’m home! | 老弟 我回来了 |
[09:52] | Hey, dad. Think fast. | 老爸 接招 |
[09:56] | Wow. You know, my arm’s starting to hurt a little. | 我的手都酸疼了 |
[09:58] | Really? Cause my face feels great. | 是吗 我还没说头疼呢 |
[10:00] | Come on, dad. Let’s not turn on each other. | 得了老爸 咱别相互过不去 |
[10:02] | We could be here a while. | 还有很长的路要走 |
[10:04] | Yeah. Okay. You’re right. Here we go. | 是啊 好吧 你说得对 接着试 |
[10:06] | Take 9. | 第九条 |
[10:08] | You’re not even trying. | 你怎么心不在焉的 |
[10:15] | Daddy, I’m hungry. | 爸爸 我饿了 |
[10:17] | What do you want, honey? | 宝贝 你想吃什么 |
[10:18] | Raisins. | 葡萄干 |
[10:19] | All right well, go get ’em. | 好啊 自己去拿吧 |
[10:24] | It’s too high, daddy. | 爸爸 太高了 |
[10:26] | I can’t reach. | 我够不着 |
[10:28] | For the record, I am not a neat freak. | 声明一下 我这人没洁癖 |
[10:30] | I-in fact, in my first long-term relationship, | 其实 在我第一次谈恋爱时 |
[10:32] | I was the messy one, which is why she broke up with me. | 我才是邋遢的那个 所以被妹子甩了 |
[10:38] | – No, thanks. – Okay. | -不必了 谢谢 -好吧 |
[10:42] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Let me show you how it’s done. | 别急别急 让你瞧瞧我是怎么搞定的 |
[10:48] | Hi. Uh, Jay Pritchett here. | 你好 我是杰·普里契特 |
[10:49] | Holidays are just around the corner. | 节日的气氛越来越浓 |
[10:51] | I’m sorry. I don’t believe in wrapping paper. | 不好意思 我不信包装纸这套 |
[10:53] | What do you mean you don’t believe in wrapping paper? | 啥叫不信包装纸啊 |
[10:55] | It’s not bigfoot. It exists. | 又不是大脚怪传说 是实用品啊 |
[10:57] | It’s not eco-friendly. It’s wasteful. | 这不环保 很浪费 |
[10:58] | No, not this stuff. | 不不 我卖的可不是 |
[10:59] | This paper was made from 100% recycled materials. | 这是百分之百再生纸 |
[11:03] | I don’t think so. | 别忽悠了 |
[11:05] | I can’t understand what you’re saying. | 我听不懂你在说什么 |
[11:08] | She’s an ugly little fresh bulldog | 她是条又丑又小的斗牛犬 |
[11:10] | with the tiny ears and the smushy face. | 长着小耳朵和苦逼脸 |
[11:12] | What is so hard to understand? | 这有啥听不懂的 |
[11:14] | Maybe I should translate. | 可能我得翻译一下 |
[11:17] | I really don’t like people coming to my door unannounced | 我很不喜欢别人在我做雕刻的时候 |
[11:20] | While I’m working on my carving. | 不请自来 |
[11:21] | I understand, but a stop sign is really important. | 我明白 但是停车标志真的很重要 |
[11:27] | What exactly are you carving? | 您在忙着雕什么呢 |
[11:29] | Hello, ma’am. Do you love Christmas? | 你好 夫人 你喜欢圣诞节吗 |
[11:31] | Actually, I’m jewish. | 其实 我是犹太人 |
[11:33] | Oh, well, then you must appreciate a good value. | 这么说 你肯定很爱捡便宜 |
[11:37] | Oh, jeez. | 苍天啊 |
[11:38] | If you see her, let us know. | 如果你看到她了 告诉我们一声 |
[11:44] | Oh, my god. No, no. No, no. | 天哪 不 不 |
[11:46] | Are you kidding? Seriously?! | 开什么玩笑 有没搞错 |
[11:49] | See? You’re not keeping your head in the right position. | 瞧 你的脑袋没保持在正确的位置 |
[11:52] | I know that’s me, but I’m not remembering any of this. | 能认出视频里是我 但当时的场景我已经记不得了 |
[11:55] | Oh. Those stupid neighbors! | 这群笨蛋邻居 |
[11:57] | – What’s wrong? – I can’t ask for a simple signature. | -怎么了 -我要个签名都不行 |
[12:00] | But it’s fine for them to build a house | 但他们把房子建得 |
[12:02] | that looks like the Beverly hillbillies just moved in. | 就像比弗利富豪就可以 |
[12:05] | Did you do any better? | 你们进展如何 |
[12:06] | We came close a few times, | 有几次差点儿成功了 |
[12:07] | But you’re not talking about the basketball, are you? | 不过 你说的不是篮球这档子事对吧 |
[12:11] | Phil, tell me you got some signatures. | 菲尔 拜托告诉我你拿到了些签名 |
[12:13] | I have to be at city hall in, like, two hours. | 还有两个小时我就要去市政厅了 |
[12:15] | Oh, god. Haley, how about you? | 老天啊 海莉 你那边怎样 |
[12:18] | I’ve been busy with my college essay. | 我正忙着写高校入学申请论文呢 |
[12:20] | Really? Where is it? | 真的吗 在哪儿呢 |
[12:22] | It’s in a rough, rough draft right now. | 目前只有草稿 尚未成型 |
[12:24] | I’ve been thinking that maybe that I should– | 我在想也许我该写 |
[12:26] | Alex has been skyping with her boyfriend since you left. | 你出门这会 艾丽克斯一直在男友网聊 |
[12:28] | That’s so not true! | 才不是呢 |
[12:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:31] | Really, thank all of you so much for your help. | 真的 非常感谢各位的帮助 |
[12:37] | Really? | 不是吧你 |
[12:38] | Sometimes those things need to warm up, like the car. | 有时候灯泡像车一样 也需要预热一下 |
[12:40] | Phil, don’t even. I have been out there, | 菲尔 别鬼扯了 我今天一直在外奔波 |
[12:42] | trying to do something good for our community, | 为社区邻里谋福利 |
[12:44] | because let me tell you, change doesn’t just happen. | 因为改革不会自己发生 |
[12:48] | It is forged by empowered women like me | 改革是要靠女权人士来推动的 |
[12:52] | And Norma Rae and the lady from “The Blind Side.” | 比如我 诺玛·蕾 还有《弱点》的那位女士 |
[12:55] | Do you know what the difference is between me and her? | 知道我和她有什么不同吗 |
[12:57] | Blind side’s family had her back. | 那位”弱点妈妈”有家人的支持 |
[13:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:04] | Huddle up, everybody. | 大伙都过来 |
[13:06] | Your mother’s right. | 你妈妈说的对 |
[13:08] | She’s the quarterback of this family, | 家庭似球队 母如四分卫 |
[13:10] | And we need to protect her like blind side did. | 我们要像”弱点”一样守护她 |
[13:12] | She just said the mom was blind side. | 她刚说”弱点”是那个妈妈 |
[13:14] | Well, she’s confused. | 她那是气糊涂了 |
[13:15] | Blind side was the black kid who played tight end. | “弱点”指的是打右边锋的黑人小孩[其实是左边锋] |
[13:17] | Offense line. | 防守球员准备 |
[13:19] | Sorry. African-american kid. | 抱歉 我的小黑孩儿们 |
[13:30] | There she is. | 她在那边 |
[13:32] | Ay! Stella! | 嘿 斯黛拉 |
[13:34] | Ay, thank god you found my dog. Thank you. | 谢天谢地 狗被你找到了 多谢你 |
[13:38] | This is my dog. Her name’s pinky. | 这是我的狗 她叫小粉 |
[13:41] | No, it’s not. Her name is stella. | 不 不对 她叫斯黛拉 |
[13:42] | It says right here on the tag. Look. | 狗牌上写的清清楚楚 看 |
[13:44] | Uh, uh, uh, excuse me. Hi, sweetie. What’s your name? | 等下 抱歉 亲爱的 你叫什么名字 |
[13:47] | Blanche. | 布兰奇[欲望号街车女主角的名字] |
[13:48] | Shut up. Mitchell would die. | 太巧了吧 米奇尔上边去 |
[13:50] | Listen, we don’t know you. | 听着 我们不认识你 |
[13:51] | You seem like a very sweet little girl, | 但我们觉得小姑娘很乖很听话 |
[13:53] | And right now we’re forced to– | 我们没得选择 只有 |
[13:55] | I can’t believe I’m saying this to you– | 终于说到这句了我好开心 |
[13:57] | rely on the kindness of strangers. | 要依赖陌生人的善心[欲望号街车著名对白] |
[14:00] | I’ll sell her to you for $200. | 两百块卖给你们 |
[14:01] | That’s it. Give me my dog. | 够了 把狗还给我 |
[14:05] | Oh, really? The little girl thinks because she can scream, | 来真的吗 小姑娘当真以为 |
[14:07] | she can get away with everything? I can scream, too. | 会尖叫就可以不讲理吗 尖叫我也会 |
[14:18] | What the hell sound is that? | 这是什么鸟声音 |
[14:20] | Coyotes must’ve got a cat. | 估计猫被郊狼逮住了 |
[14:22] | Jay, can we stop now? I’m getting hungry. | 杰 我们能停了吗 我饿了 |
[14:25] | You know what the problem is? You’re not hungry. | 知道吗 问题就在于 你卖不出去也不会挨饿 |
[14:27] | I had a carrot at 3:00. | 我只在3点钟时啃过一根胡萝卜 |
[14:28] | What if you couldn’t feed your family | 如果你下笔再卖不出去 |
[14:30] | Unless you made this next sale? | 全家都要饿肚子怎么办 |
[14:31] | What if you were gonna lose your house? | 再卖不出去房子就要被收怎么办 |
[14:34] | I know I was pushing the kid hard, but here’s the thing– | 我知道这么教孩子有点太严 但是 |
[14:38] | I’m an older dad. I’m not gonna be around forever. | 我是老来得子 在他身边的日子没那么多了 |
[14:41] | And I’ll sleep better knowing he’s got something to fall back on. | 要确保他有门吃饭的手艺 我才能睡个安稳觉 |
[14:44] | Come on! Let’s hit another one. | 快 我们再走一家 |
[14:46] | – I can’t do it. – What? | -我做不到 -什么 |
[14:47] | – I don’t have what it takes. – What kind of talk is that? | -我没这本事 -这叫什么话 |
[14:50] | It’s the truth, Jay. | 这是事实 杰 |
[14:52] | I’m not a great salesman. I’m not a great businessman. | 我不是推销员的料 更不是商人的料 |
[14:55] | I’m not you. | 我跟你不一样 |
[14:57] | Do you know what it’s like to see all the amazing things | 看到你成绩卓越 却知道自己永远无法企及 |
[14:59] | You’ve accomplished, knowing I never will? | 这种感觉你懂不懂 |
[15:01] | How am I supposed to live up to you? | 我怎么才能与你比肩 |
[15:03] | How is anyone? | 谁能做出你的成就 |
[15:06] | Ah, so the fish weren’t biting today. | 看来鱼今天都不上钩 |
[15:08] | So what? That’s life. | 那又怎么样 人生不如意者八九 |
[15:11] | You tried hard, and that’s what matters. | 重点在于是否为此努力 |
[15:13] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[15:16] | You know, I-I actually need some wrapping paper. | 听着 其实我需要一些包装纸 |
[15:19] | You know where I can find some? | 知道从哪能买到吗 |
[15:20] | – You don’t have to do that. – I want to do it. | -你不用帮我的 -我真心想帮你 |
[15:23] | You’ll never go broke playing to a rich guy’s ego— | 拍富人马屁 定一本万利 |
[15:26] | Write that down. | 把这话记下来 |
[15:29] | Thanks so much, you guys. | 非常感谢大伙 |
[15:31] | Maybe you should make a wish. | 先许个愿吧 |
[15:32] | Uh, hi. Oh, I’m sorry. | 打扰一下 |
[15:34] | Um, I’m here for the Traffic Committee meeting? | 我是来参加交通委员会会议的 |
[15:37] | The meeting’s been adjourned. | 已经休会了 |
[15:38] | – Yeah. Um… – It’s my birthday. | -是吗 -我正开生日会呢 |
[15:40] | I’m sorry. Happy birthday. | 我很抱歉 祝你生日快乐 |
[15:42] | Uh, just–someone sent me to the wrong room, | 有人把我带到错误的房间去了 |
[15:43] | and you guys don’t meet again for months, | 你们下次开会又得等好几个月 |
[15:45] | and this is pretty much a matter of life and death, so… | 而这事可是生死攸关 迫在眉睫 |
[15:49] | Uh, yeah, it’s fine. | 好吧 随便你 |
[15:50] | Uh, just– if you could make it quick. | 只要 你能尽快说完 |
[15:52] | We–it’s an ice cream cake. | 这可是冰激凌蛋糕 |
[15:54] | – Okay. – A-actually, it’s not. | -没问题 -其实 这不是冰激凌的 |
[15:56] | – What? – No. | -什么 -不是冰激凌 |
[15:58] | Really? Oh, then we– we’re not in a rush, I guess. | 真的吗 那我们就没什么可急的了 |
[16:02] | At all. No rush. Go ahead. | 完全不用急 慢慢来 说吧 |
[16:05] | Great. My name is Claire Dunphy, | 太好了 我叫克莱尔·邓菲 |
[16:07] | and my family and I live near | 我家就住在离那个危险十字路 |
[16:08] | – that intersection of — – Why not? Why not? | -不远的地方 -为啥不买冰激凌的 |
[16:11] | The freezer was broken, and we couldn’t keep it here. | 冰箱坏了 没法保存冰激凌蛋糕 |
[16:14] | See? This is why I ask you to think ahead, okay? | 你看 我就跟你说过提前做好准备 |
[16:16] | Do you have your 50 signatures? | 你征集到50个签名了吗 |
[16:18] | Uh, almost. I have 34, but I– | 差不多了 我征集了34个 可是 |
[16:21] | Oh. That’s the same thing. | 多点少点差不多 |
[16:25] | Wow. I’m confused. | 可把我说糊涂了 |
[16:27] | – It’s not the same thing. – No. | -其实是差得多 -绝对 |
[16:28] | No. 34 is not the same thing as 50, | 34和50差得多了 |
[16:31] | just like a cake is not the same thing | 普通蛋糕和冰激凌蛋糕 |
[16:34] | – as an ice cream cake. -Right. | -也相差很多 -好吧 |
[16:36] | – I get that. Sir, I’m trying to save lives here, – Mom | -您的意思我懂 但这可是生死攸关的大事 -妈妈 |
[16:39] | – and I can get you the rest of the signatures. – Mom. Mom. Mom. | -我征集够签名再来 -妈 妈 |
[16:41] | – Mom! -Oh, my god. What are you doing here? Girls. | -妈 -姑娘们 你们来这干什么 |
[16:43] | We–we went door to door and we got you 20 more signatures. | 我们挨家挨户地敲门 又凑齐了20个签名 |
[16:47] | That is so sweet of you. | 你们真是太贴心了 |
[16:49] | Well, you were freaking out at us, so… | 你把我们吓得不轻 所以 |
[16:51] | Okay, you know, let’s not ruin it. | 行了 打住 别破坏气氛 |
[16:52] | All right, 54 signatures. | 给你 54个签名 |
[16:56] | So what do you say? | 怎么样 |
[16:57] | Let’s start saving lives one intersection at a time. | 拯救生命 从十字路口做起 |
[17:00] | Okay, thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[17:01] | We will, uh, take these under advisement. | 我们会好好研究这事 |
[17:03] | just leave ’em here, and thank you– | 签名留在这里 再次感谢 |
[17:04] | Wait a minute. I know what that means. | 等一下 我可知道”研究”什么意思 |
[17:06] | Oh, here we go. | 这下惨了 |
[17:07] | That’s Washington-speak for “Get lost.” | 这是”滚吧”的官方说法 |
[17:09] | Well, um, wow, Phil. | 那个 菲尔 |
[17:12] | what are you doing here? | 你来干嘛 |
[17:13] | I’m your husband. | 我是你老公 |
[17:15] | I’m blindsiding you. | 我在守护你的弱点 |
[17:18] | Your honor, permission to approach. | 法官大人 请允许我发言 |
[17:21] | – Not a judge. -I’ll allow it. | -他不是法官 -准了 说吧 |
[17:23] | I’ll get straight to the point because this is important, | 我就开门见山了 因为事关重大 |
[17:25] | and that appears to be an ice cream cake. | 冰激凌蛋糕又耽搁不得 |
[17:27] | Well, it’s not! | 这不是冰激凌的 |
[17:29] | Okay. I present to you | 好吧 我向你们呈上 |
[17:31] | “Stop in the name of life.” | 《停车吧 以生命的名义》 |
[17:35] | Kick it. | 开始播放 |
[17:37] | Clive Bixby. | 克里夫·比克斯比 |
[17:39] | Can I meet you at Harry’s bar in two minutes? | 两分钟后在哈里酒吧见 好吗 |
[17:43] | Baby, I can do anything in two minutes. | 亲爱的 两分钟内我什么都能办到 |
[17:47] | I’ll just speed through | 我就要加速通过 |
[17:49] | the intersection of Greenleaf and Bristol. | 绿叶街和布雷斯托街之间的十字路口了 |
[17:51] | It’s easy ’cause there’s no stop sign. | 反正没有停车标志 超速无下限 |
[17:56] | I love being a kid. | 做小孩很快乐 |
[17:57] | I have my whole life ahead of me. | 青春年少书写大好前程 |
[18:04] | No! | 不要啊 |
[18:06] | No! | 不要啊 |
[18:07] | No! | 不要啊 |
[18:13] | Okay. Well… | 够了 这个 |
[18:14] | Powerful. | 太有说服力了 |
[18:16] | And unconventional, but I believe it makes our point, | 而且独树一帜 但也证明了我们的观点 |
[18:21] | so what do you say? | 你们意下如何 |
[18:23] | Well, the kid was all right. I didn’t care for you so much. | 这孩子没事嘛 我倒不太关心大人的情况 |
[18:27] | But if I were to give a stop sign | 可要是我随便就答应 |
[18:28] | to everybody who wanted a stop sign… mm-hmm. | 任何人想设立就设立 那么… |
[18:31] | This city would grind to a halt. | 城市将会拥堵不堪 |
[18:34] | – I understand, sir, but– – Thank you, ma’am. | -我明白 可是 -谢谢配合 女士 |
[18:35] | – Thank you. Thank you. -Allow me. Allow me. | -谢谢配合 -听我说几句 |
[18:37] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[18:38] | I’ve lived with this woman for 20 years. | 我和这女士共同生活了20年 |
[18:40] | If she wants a stop sign… | 她想要什么 |
[18:42] | There’s gonna be a stop sign. | 就一定得得到 |
[18:44] | Mm-hmm. He’s right. | 没错 他说的对 |
[18:45] | – Listen to the man. -Yeah. | -句句真言 -是的 |
[18:47] | Still–no good? | 还是 不咋地 |
[18:49] | No bueno? | 不好吗 |
[18:52] | I’m home! | 我回来了 |
[18:54] | Oh, hey. Did you find Stella? | 你回来啦 找到斯黛拉了吗 |
[18:56] | Safe and sound. Mm. | 完狗归杰 |
[19:01] | I did it! I left the mess. Aren’t you proud of me? | 我做到了 我没整理 是不是为我感到骄傲 |
[19:04] | I sure am. Good for you! | 当然啦 你做的太棒了 |
[19:06] | You know, it wasn’t easy at first, | 知道吗 刚开始挺艰难的 |
[19:08] | But I just– I took Lily to the park, | 可后来我带莉莉去了公园 |
[19:10] | and I completely put it out of my mind. | 把这事完全忘了 |
[19:12] | And I think I really cleared a hurdle today. | 今天我真的克服这道难关了 |
[19:15] | Oh, that’s great. I’m super proud of you, | 太好了 你太令我骄傲了 |
[19:17] | And you’re–and you’re not even tempted to clean it up now? | 而现在你也没有任何想打扫的意愿吗 |
[19:19] | – No! -That’s great. | -没有 -这下好了 |
[19:20] | No, not now that you’re home. | 没有 正好你回来了嘛 |
[19:22] | So guess I’d better get started. | 看来我得开始打扫了 |
[19:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:31] | I don’t like it. | 好讨厌哦 |
[19:35] | It’s so gross. | 好恶心哦 |
[19:36] | Oh, my god. | 我得天哪 |
[19:37] | What? | 怎么 |
[19:38] | I was right. You wanted me to clean it up. | 我是对的 你就是想让我打扫 |
[19:41] | Oh, that’s preposterous. | 荒谬至极 |
[19:43] | I will not stand here and take this from you. | 我才不要站在这里接受你的指责呢 |
[19:45] | Oh, Cam! | 小卡 得了吧 |
[19:46] | “Life is messy. I love chaos.” | 生活就是一团糟 我就喜欢混乱的感觉 |
[19:49] | You are so full of it. Well, you know what? | 你满嘴虚伪谬论 知道吗 |
[19:53] | That’s all right. No worries. Hey, come on. | 没关系 不用担心 一起来糟蹋吧 |
[19:55] | Come on. Just embrace it. It’s life. | 忍忍就过了 生活就是这样 |
[19:57] | Oh! Okay, now that is gratuitous. | 够了 你这是在无理取闹 |
[19:59] | – Oh, it’s okay. – No! That’s Lily’s favorite cereal. | -没关系 -不 那是莉莉最爱的谷物早餐 |
[20:01] | This is ridiculous. | 真是荒唐至极 |
[20:02] | Relax! Hey, Lily! Honey, come here! | 放轻松 莉莉 亲爱的 快过来 |
[20:05] | Sweetheart, do you want a princess hat? | 亲爱的 想要一顶公主帽吗 |
[20:08] | Yes! Yes! Yes! | 要 要 要 |
[20:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:11] | Oh. Oh, okay. That–that is enough! No! | 够了 够了 别 |
[20:13] | You’ve proven your point. I don’t like to clean up. | 你说得对 我不喜欢打扫 |
[20:15] | It’s smelly, it’s sticky, and after I eat, | 这活又脏又臭 而且吃完饭后 |
[20:17] | I’m tired, and I just want to lay down. | 我就犯困 只想躺下休息 |
[20:18] | And you put it off, knowing that I would do it? | 而你就弃之不顾 知道我会打扫的 |
[20:20] | Yes! Are you happy? | 是的 现在开心了吧 |
[20:22] | Yes… I… Am. | 我 很 高 兴 |
[20:32] | Hi. I’m Ellen Roberts from the adoption agency. | 你们好 我是来自领养机构的艾伦·罗伯茨 |
[20:35] | I’m… Here for the home visit. | 我是来家庭拜访的 |
[20:41] | I might need to tweak my system. | 看来我是得改改习惯了 |
[20:47] | Hey, dad. Think fast. | 老爸 接招 |
[20:51] | Sacagawea! | 苍天大地啊 |
[20:57] | Wait,wait,wait…I need a break. | 等等 我需要休息下 |
[20:58] | Oh! John philip sousa! | 打的哥灵魂出窍啊 |
[21:01] | 78 views. | 点击率78了 |
[21:03] | We are on our way. | 我们就要红了 |
[21:05] | Yeah, we are. | 那可不是 |
[21:06] | You know what, Lukey? My dad was away a lot. | 知道吗 小克 我老爸几乎从来不跟我一起疯 |
[21:09] | And I’m not gonna do that to you. | 我可不会让你跟我一样缺少关爱 |
[21:14] | I’m gonna be the kind of dad… | 我要做一个好爸爸 |
[21:18] | How many more of these do you wanna do? | 你还想玩多久 |