时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Oh, I hope Tad likes salmon. | 希望泰德喜欢吃三文鱼 |
[00:04] | It’s a bit of a risk serving fish | 第一次来邓菲家做客 |
[00:06] | to a first-time diner at Dunphy’s. | 就给他吃鱼还是挺有风险的 |
[00:07] | Maybe I should marinate a steak for backup. | 要不我还是腌块牛排做候补吧 |
[00:10] | I think someone has a man crush. | 有人好像爱上某男了哦 |
[00:11] | First of all, I would never date a potential client. | 首先 我绝不会和未来的客户约会 |
[00:14] | That’s “First of all”? | 你该先澄清一下性取向吧 |
[00:15] | Secondly, I really need this to go well | 其次 此次晚餐必须顺利进行 |
[00:17] | so he makes me his realtor. This guy’s flipping properties | 那样他才会选我做房产经纪人 那家伙炒房地产 |
[00:19] | like they’re extras in a kung fu movie. | 堪比功夫电影中令人炫目的动作 |
[00:21] | So you’re just kissing up to this guy for his money? | 所以你是为了钱才猛拍他马屁吗 |
[00:23] | Not just. I really like him. | 不仅仅是钱 我真的喜欢他 |
[00:24] | He travels the world doing charity work, | 他周游各国 乐善好施 |
[00:26] | rock climbs, flies planes… | 会攀岩 会开飞机 |
[00:29] | How does he have time to do all that? | 他怎么有时间做那么多事啊 |
[00:30] | Got divorced, and his whole life opened up. | 他离婚了 于是开辟了新的人生 |
[00:32] | Guy’s living the dream. | 他简直过着梦一般的生活啊 |
[00:36] | His dream. | 他的梦 |
[00:37] | Not my dream. I’m living my dream. | 不是我的梦 我的梦想就在这里 |
[00:40] | You’re my dream. | 你就是我的美梦 |
[00:41] | You can stop. | 少来这套 |
[00:42] | I so don’t want to do this. | 我真心不想做这个 |
[00:44] | Recently, Haley got a little creative | 最近 海莉在她的 |
[00:46] | on one of her college applications | 某张大学申请表上突发奇想 |
[00:47] | and listed herself as a “Big Sister.” | 说自己是一名”大姐姐” |
[00:50] | Technically, I am a big sister. | 严格地说 我本来就是家中大姐姐 |
[00:53] | She capitalized the “B” And the “S.” | 她把”大”和”姐”都突出强调 |
[00:54] | Which makes sense, ’cause it was. | 倒也说得通 那组织就是假”大”虚空 贱”姐”无数 |
[00:57] | So Claire and I suggested– | 所以克莱尔和我建议 |
[00:58] | Forced. | 是强迫 |
[00:59] | that she volunteer for the organization. | 她去大哥哥大姐姐会做志愿工作 |
[01:03] | We couldn’t be prouder. | 我们为她自豪得不行了 |
[01:05] | We could. | 其实可以 |
[01:06] | Little bit. | 再自豪一点的 |
[01:08] | Hey, dad? | 老爸 |
[01:09] | Did you accidentally leave this hilarious book | 是你不小心把这本专门嘲笑律师的 |
[01:11] | Of lawyer jokes in the guest room? | 笑话书落在客房的吗 |
[01:12] | I’ll tell you if you can answer the following question– | 要是你能问答以下问题 我就告诉你 |
[01:14] | What’s the difference between | 一条鲶鱼和一名律师 |
[01:15] | – a catfish and a lawyer? – I don’t know. What? | -二者的区别是什么 -不知道 是什么 |
[01:18] | Well, one’s a bottom-feeding mud-dweller. | 一个在烂泥里打混 靠榨取底层生物过活 |
[01:21] | The other’s a fish. | 另一个则是一条鱼 |
[01:22] | zing! | 犀利 |
[01:23] | Honk! | 正中目标 |
[01:24] | Okay, everyone, dinner is served! | 好了各位 晚餐已经好了 |
[01:27] | let’s get it! | 准备开饭吧 |
[01:27] | Our house is being fumigated, so Jay and Gloria | 我们的房子正在消毒 所以杰和歌洛莉亚 |
[01:29] | invited us to stay here for a few days. | 邀请我们回娘家住几天 |
[01:31] | I am very excited to have 72 hours with this one. | 我真高兴能和她一起共度72小时 |
[01:34] | We don’t get to spend much time together, | 我们平时相处的时间很少 |
[01:36] | so I know that we’re gonna be like, um… | 可以想象这几天我们会像是 |
[01:40] | Fred and Ginger? | 弗雷德和琴吉 |
[01:41] | Who? | 谁啊 |
[01:44] | Movie night! | 电影之夜 |
[01:49] | It’s nosier than usual around here. | 比平时要吵闹好几倍 |
[01:53] | oh, gosh! | 我的娘啊 |
[02:07] | Tad, this wine is fantastic. | 泰德 真是极品好酒啊 |
[02:09] | Spend a week in Mendoza, | 在门多萨呆上一周[阿根廷 盛产葡萄] |
[02:10] | and you’ll find a dozen or so Malbec producers | 你就会发现一堆马尔贝克酒生产商 |
[02:13] | that’ll give most Bordeaux a real run for their money. | 可以酿出堪比波尔多酒的美酒佳酿 |
[02:16] | Mm. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:17] | This should come with a warning– | 酒瓶上应该贴个警告 |
[02:18] | “May cause pretentiousness.” | “可能导致装逼说大话行为” |
[02:20] | You should come with a warning– “May be fascinating.” | 该贴警告标签的是你 “极品帅男 靠近危险” |
[02:24] | – Oh! Excuse me. -Oh, gosh! | -抱歉 -天啊 |
[02:25] | Oh, that’s, like, the ninth time this screw has popped out. | 该死的螺丝老是松出来 都第九次了 |
[02:27] | Oh, you know what? I need the angled screwdriver. | 那个 我需要一个直角螺丝刀 |
[02:29] | I left it at the office. | 可我把它落在办公室了 |
[02:30] | I, um, I keep it there because of–of all my signs. | 我把它留在那是因为我的那些标记牌 |
[02:34] | I’ll, uh, put up a “For sale” sign, | 我用它来钉”待售”的牌子 |
[02:37] | and next day, of course, | 然后保证第二天 |
[02:37] | – I gotta put up the “Sold” banner. – Yeah. | -我就会换上个”已售”的牌子了 -没错 |
[02:39] | Then the next day, same deal–“For sale” | 然后第三天 同样的情况 “待售” |
[02:41] | “Sold.” | “已售” |
[02:42] | “For sale.” “Sold.” “For sale.” “Sold.” | “待售——已售””待售——已售” |
[02:44] | You’re a great– great salesman. | 你真是个很棒 很棒的推销员 |
[02:45] | – I’m getting that. – “For sale.” “Sold.” | -我明白了 -“待售——已售” |
[02:46] | Right. Listen, I-I-I gotta go relieve the babysitter. | 很好 那个 我得回家好让保姆下班了 |
[02:49] | My ex-wife took 50% of my stuff | 我前妻带走了我一半的财产 |
[02:52] | and left me 100% of my kids. | 却留下了所有的孩子 |
[02:54] | – They’re great. Hey, listen, um, | -孩子们很不错 – 我说 |
[02:56] | thank you so much for coming. | 非常感谢你的光临 |
[02:57] | Oh, no, thank you, Phil, so much | 哪里 我才要谢谢你 菲尔 |
[03:00] | for the salmon and the steak | 谢谢你们做的三文鱼 牛排 |
[03:02] | and the chicken and the shrimp. | 还有鸡肉和大虾 |
[03:04] | I mean, it was all just delicious. | 每一样都很美味 |
[03:05] | – Oh, great. – This guy is very lucky to have you. | -太好了 -能有这样的贤妻 他真走运 |
[03:09] | Okay. Thanks. | 好 那就多谢了 |
[03:10] | Yeah. | 没问题 |
[03:13] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:15] | – Let me grab that. -Yeah. | -让我帮你开门 -行 |
[03:16] | Yeah. Thanks so much. Bye-bye. | 非常感谢 再见 |
[03:17] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[03:21] | Did you see that? | 你看到那一幕没 |
[03:22] | A handshake that almost became a hug? | 握手差点变成拥抱吗 |
[03:24] | Yeah, I saw it. I lived it. I think I’m in. | 当然看见了 我是当事人啊 我成功了 |
[03:26] | No, honey. He kissed me on the lips. | 不 亲爱的 是他亲到我的嘴 |
[03:28] | – Another good sign! – It’s not a good sign. | -又一个好信号 -这不是什么好信号 |
[03:31] | Sweetie, you don’t think that’s weird? | 亲爱的 你不觉得这很古怪吗 |
[03:32] | Well, the guy’s a world traveler. | 那家伙满世界乱跑 |
[03:34] | He has a time share in Costa Rica. | 他曾在哥斯达黎加呆过一段时间 |
[03:35] | That’s probably how they do it there. | 也许是受那里的习俗影响吧 |
[03:37] | I don’t know, honey. It felt like he lingered. | 我不知道 亲爱的 感觉他在我唇上流连忘返 |
[03:40] | It’s a progressive culture. | 人家是先进性文化嘛 |
[03:42] | Most of them travel by zip line. | 出行都得靠索道滑行 |
[03:46] | biscuits and gravy? | 饼干配肉汁 |
[03:47] | Yep, my grandma Bitsy’s secret recipe, | 我奶奶贝奇的独家秘方 |
[03:50] | given to her by her housekeeper Delilah, | 从她管家黛丽拉那里学到的 |
[03:53] | Who raised her and was her best friend– | 她养大了我奶奶 也是她最好的朋友 |
[03:54] | kind of like “The help,” except Delilah was white, | 就像电影《相助》一样 除了黛丽拉是白人 |
[03:56] | and was actually herself quite the racist. | 而且是个种族主义者 |
[03:59] | Eat up. | 放开肚子吃吧 |
[04:00] | Good morning! | 早安 |
[04:02] | – Hi, mom. – Hi, sweetheart. | -早 妈妈 -早 亲爱的 |
[04:03] | Ah, where did those come from? | 这些花是哪儿来的啊 |
[04:05] | Yeah, I thought amaryllis were out of season. | 没错 我以为朱顶红都开过季了呢 |
[04:07] | Oh, I got a guy. You know, I just thought | 我认识个熟人 我只是觉得 |
[04:09] | they’d brighten up the house a little bit. | 花能让家里看起来明亮一点 |
[04:10] | Oh, that was so thoughtful of you. | 你想得真是太周到了 |
[04:13] | I didn’t realize that my house needed brightening up. | 我不觉得我家需要更明亮一点啊 |
[04:16] | There she is! | 小公主来了 |
[04:18] | Gloria! Gloria! | 歌洛莉亚 歌洛莉亚 |
[04:18] | Ay! Let me fix your hair! | 哎呀 让我来帮你修复一下发型 |
[04:21] | Oh. Well, isn’t that sweet? | 那真是有爱啊 |
[04:24] | I didn’t realize her hair was broken. | 我不觉得她的发型糟糕啊 |
[04:28] | Ah! That smells delicious, | 闻起来好香啊 |
[04:29] | but nothing for me. I’ve got an early work lunch. | 可我不能吃了 有个很早的工作午餐 |
[04:31] | Really? I didn’t hear an ambulance. | 是吗 我没听到救护车的声音啊 |
[04:31] | [Ambulance chaser:讽刺律师的无良 原意为律师追着救护车里的伤者 要求帮忙打官司] | |
[04:35] | Yeah, it’s funny because it’s what I’ve dedicated my life to. | 好好笑哦 因为我已献身于法律事业 |
[04:37] | Oh, is this that meeting with the deejay with the funny name? | 是和那个名字很搞笑的DJ见面吗 |
[04:40] | Booker Bell. | 布克·贝尔 |
[04:40] | – Booker Bell. – Booker Bell? | -布克·贝尔 -布克·贝尔吗 |
[04:42] | Everybody now! | 大家听好了 |
[04:43] | Booker Bell was only the greatest deejay | 布克·贝尔是史上最伟大的 |
[04:45] | in the history of drive time radio. | 交通台广播DJ |
[04:46] | Yeah, well, now he has some wetlands that developers want, | 他有几块湿地被开放商看上了 |
[04:49] | and we’re trying to get him to donate for preservation. | 我们希望让他捐给保护区 |
[04:51] | When I was on the road selling, | 我还在跑公路生意那会儿 |
[04:52] | I used to listen to Booker all the time. | 总是听布克的广播呢 |
[04:53] | He practically invented the prank phone call. | “整盅电话”差不多就是他发明的 |
[04:55] | Okay. Wish me luck. | 好了 祝我好运吧 |
[04:58] | Good luck, sweetie! | 好运哦 亲爱的 |
[04:59] | Booker would play a prank, | 布克会先搞一段恶作剧 |
[05:00] | the sucker would be twisting in the wind, | 那个倒霉蛋会被整得七窍生烟 |
[05:02] | and just when you couldn’t stand it anymore, | 就在你忍无可忍的时候 |
[05:03] | he’d say, “Guess who just got their bell rung!” | 他就会说 “猜猜整盅电话整到谁了” |
[05:06] | God, I’d love to meet him. | 老天 我真想见他一面 |
[05:07] | Oh, they’re just going down to Rae’s. | 他们就约在雷记餐厅 |
[05:09] | You should pop down. | 你赶快飞奔过去吧 |
[05:10] | – I’m sure he’d love to meet a fan. – I don’t know. | -他见到粉丝肯定很开心 -我没想好 |
[05:12] | I met Boz Scaggs once, got all tongue-tied. | 有一次去见波兹·斯加格斯 我话都说不利索了 |
[05:14] | Oh, you’ll be fine. | 噢 你可以的 |
[05:15] | Oh! Oh, Lily, it’s time for school, sweetie. | 糟糕 莉莉 亲爱的 该去学校了 |
[05:17] | Oh, I can take her. | 我可以送她去啊 |
[05:20] | Oh. That’d be great. | 那就太谢谢你了 |
[05:23] | Yeah, it’d give me some more time to clean the kitchen. | 我正好帮你收拾收拾厨房 |
[05:25] | Maybe do a little dusting. | 扫扫尘之类的 |
[05:28] | Delicious, Cam. | 很好吃 小卡 |
[05:33] | Annie was amazing, so funny and cute and sweet. | 安妮真棒 集风趣可爱贴心于一身 |
[05:37] | – Yeah, you’ve said. – She made this for me last night. | -要说几遍 -昨晚她画了幅画送我 |
[05:39] | Look how she signs her name with that big loopy “A.” | 瞧她的签名 “A”写得多萌啊 还打个卷儿 |
[05:43] | I’m totally going to frame this. | 我得把它裱起来 |
[05:45] | I made this for Haley four years ago. | 4年前我也给海莉画过一张 |
[05:49] | You think this got framed? | 您觉得这张被裱起来了吗 |
[05:51] | She tossed it in the garbage… | 她捏成团扔垃圾桶了 |
[05:54] | Right after she wrote “Mrs. Haley Jonas Brothers” | 背面还写满了”海莉·乔纳斯三兄弟共有的夫人” |
[05:55] | on it, like, 30 times. | 写了大概30遍 |
[05:59] | The tax write-off alone makes financial sense. | 光是税金减免就已经很诱人了 |
[06:01] | You know, even if you take the environment out of it. | 更别提对环境的诸多好处了 |
[06:03] | Well, don’t take the environment out of it. | 别不提环境问题啊 |
[06:04] | Without the wetlands, there’s no ducks, | 没了湿地 就没了鸭子 |
[06:06] | and without the ducks, there’s nothing for me to shoot at. | 没了鸭子 就没东西让我射着玩了 |
[06:08] | Okay. Well, we’re shooting from two different angles, | 好吧 虽然我们考虑的角度不同 |
[06:10] | but, uh, hopefully we’ll end up at the same place. | 但希望最终能达成一致意见 |
[06:13] | – Mitch. – Dad? | -米奇 -爸 |
[06:14] | I just had to stop down and meet this guy. | 我忍不住过来跟他打个招呼 |
[06:17] | Booker Bell, I’m Boz Scaggs– | 布克·贝尔你好 我是波兹·斯加格斯 |
[06:19] | No! I mean Jay Pritchett. Damn it. | 错了 我是杰·普里契特 妈的 |
[06:22] | – It’s nice to meet you. – This is such an honor. | -很高兴见到你 -真是太荣幸了 |
[06:24] | You are hands down my favorite radio personality of all time. | 你一直是我最喜欢的电台主持人 |
[06:27] | That’s kind of you to say. | 你真会逗人开心 |
[06:28] | Okay. Well, thanks for stopping by, dad. | 好了 谢谢你特意过来一趟 爸 |
[06:29] | You know, I gotta tell you one thing. | 我得跟你聊件趣事 |
[06:30] | I’ll see you back at the house. | 回头我们在家里聊吧 |
[06:31] | One time when I was driving from Youngstown to Sugar Creek, | 有次我从扬斯敦开往糖果河 |
[06:34] | You called this guy at a kitty litter company | 你给一个猫砂公司的人打去整盅电话 |
[06:36] | and you asked him to bring over 900 pounds of litter, | 让他带900磅猫砂过去 |
[06:39] | and in the background, you hear all these lions roaring, and… | 当时背景音乐是一群狮子在咆哮 |
[06:46] | I-I laughed so hard, I almost had an cicident. | 我都快把肺笑出来了 差点出事 |
[06:49] | The car or you? | 车出事还是人出事 |
[06:51] | Funny as ever! | 你还是那么逗 |
[06:53] | – Anyway… – Hey, are you still in touch…with the old gang? | -随便吧 -你跟老一帮的还有联系吗 |
[06:55] | Grandma groovy? Spaceman Clyde? | 时髦奶奶 还有宇航员克莱德 |
[06:57] | – Are you kidding? I am the old gang. – No way. | -开玩笑吗 老一帮就是我 -骗谁呢 |
[07:00] | I may be old, but I still know how to boogie. | 我或许老了 但跳起布吉舞来毫不费力 |
[07:02] | My god, it’s like she’s here! | 天呐 简直如她亲临现场 |
[07:04] | She is here! | 就是她啊 |
[07:06] | How are you still not getting this? | 你怎么还不明白呢 |
[07:07] | That’s her. | 那角色就是他演的 |
[07:08] | Excuse me for a sec. | 抱歉 一会就来 |
[07:12] | What are you doing? | 你搞什么飞机啊 |
[07:13] | What? I’m a fan. I came down to say hi. | 咋了 我是他的粉丝 过来打个招呼而已 |
[07:15] | This is a business meeting. | 我们可是在进行工作会谈 |
[07:16] | Do you have any idea how inappropriate this is? | 你完全没意识到很不合时宜吗 |
[07:19] | No. No, of course you don’t, | 当然 你肯定觉得无所谓 |
[07:19] | because as far as you’re concerned, all a lawyer does | 因为在你看来 律师的工作不过是 |
[07:22] | is walk into a bar with a rabbi and a polar bear. | 走进法庭 面对法官 以及准备钓律师的白熊女 |
[07:22] | [Bar有酒吧和法庭的意思 白熊比喻意图勾搭律师的女性] | |
[07:26] | Grizzly, ’cause otherwise, when the bartender– | 是灰熊啦 不然的话 当酒保… |
[07:27] | Dad! I’m working! | 爸 我在工作 |
[07:29] | You’re embarrassing both of us! | 你是在丢我们父子两个人的脸 |
[07:30] | Please, you gotta go! | 拜托您赶紧走吧 |
[07:32] | All right. I didn’t realize that. | 好吧 我没意识到那一点 |
[07:33] | Yeah. Yeah. You didn’t. | 没错 你是没有 |
[07:35] | I’m sorry. Go. | 抱歉 走吧 |
[07:39] | Hey. Where’s my stalker? | 我的疯狂粉丝呢 |
[07:41] | Oh, he’s gone. I got rid of him. | 他走了 终于摆脱他了 |
[07:43] | Sorry that he attacked you like that. | 他缠着你喋喋不休 真不好意思 |
[07:45] | Attacked? | 缠着 |
[07:45] | No. I don’t mind a little smoke up my bombers. | 没有的事 都习以为常了 |
[07:48] | Well, I just thought since this was supposed a business meeting. | 我只是觉得工作商谈是件正经事 |
[07:50] | We should… | 我们应该 |
[07:51] | And you thought maybe having somebody make me feel good would | 你觉得有个人让我心情愉快会 |
[07:53] | wreck it? | 破坏商谈吗 |
[07:54] | There’s–there’s been a lot of tension between me and my dad. | 我跟我爸的关系一直很紧张 |
[07:57] | I’m actually staying at his house and it’s just a… | 我现在住在他家 所以有点 |
[07:58] | Oh, so you chased away a man who’s opened his home to you? | 所以你赶走一个为你敞开大门的人是吗 |
[08:02] | I get the sense that I’m losing you. | 我觉得我好像要搞砸了 |
[08:04] | Could I talk to Grandma Groovy? | 我能跟时髦奶奶谈吗 |
[08:07] | Honey, I’m home! | 亲爱的 我回来啦 |
[08:08] | Well, I didn’t expect you so early, dear. | 这么早就回来了啊 亲爱的 |
[08:10] | What? You? | 你怎么在啊 |
[08:12] | Yeah. Look who came by to fix the table. | 看看谁来给咱家修桌子了 |
[08:14] | Well, I had some time to kill, | 我正好有些闲工夫 |
[08:16] | so I thought I’d drop by with that tool your wife needed. | 所以就顺道来给你老婆送修理工具了 |
[08:18] | – Wow. What a guy. – Yeah. | -真是个大好人啊 -没错 |
[08:20] | He also brought some wine. | 他还带了酒哦 |
[08:22] | Well, you said you liked it last night, | 昨晚你说你喜欢喝 |
[08:23] | so I had a couple extra bottles lying around. | 正好我家里有几瓶放着没人喝 |
[08:25] | Boy, do you know the way to this gal’s heart. | 老兄 女孩的心思都被你猜透了 |
[08:28] | I didn’t just come here to fix your table | 我来不只是帮你家修桌子 |
[08:30] | and get your wife drunk. | 顺便把你老婆灌醉的 |
[08:31] | I actually decided to give you | 我其实是来告诉你 |
[08:33] | that listing on the sycamore property. | 由你来做我的房产经纪人 |
[08:35] | Really? That’s great. | 真的吗 太棒了 |
[08:37] | Yeah. Why don’t you, uh, come over for dinner tonight? | 不如今晚到我家来吃晚饭吧 |
[08:39] | And, uh, we’ll work out all the details. One entree. | 我们可以谈谈细节 简单熟悉一下 |
[08:42] | Claire, you should come, too. | 克莱尔 你也一起来吧 |
[08:43] | Oh, no, no. No, no, if it’s business– | 不了 不了 你们谈生意 |
[08:44] | I insist. | 我强烈要求 |
[08:45] | – He insists. We’ll be there. We’re coming. – Okay. | -盛情难却 我们会到的 -好吧 |
[08:47] | Yeah, shall we say, uh, 7:00? | 7点怎么样 |
[08:48] | – 7:00 sounds great. – Okay. | -7点可以 -说定了 |
[08:50] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:52] | – I’ll let myself out. – Okay. | -不用送了 -行 |
[08:58] | Wow. | 惊了 |
[08:59] | “Wow” Is right. | 我也觉得很震惊 |
[09:00] | I just got sycamore– | 他说让我做经纪人 |
[09:02] | A house that sells itself and gives me the commission. | 那房子不用推销就能大卖 我白捡便宜了 |
[09:05] | How does that not bother you? | 你就一点都不在意吗 |
[09:07] | Claire, it’s an expression. | 克莱尔 我就那么一说 |
[09:08] | There’s work. Inspections, appraisals– | 还是要干活的啊 要检查房屋 估价 |
[09:11] | He brought me wine, | 他给我带酒 |
[09:12] | He took his shirt off when you weren’t here! | 你不在的时候他把衬衫都脱了 |
[09:14] | Um, he brought us wine, | 酒是带给咱俩的 |
[09:15] | and it doesn’t look super vacuumed down there. | 而且 桌子下面也确实有点脏嘛 |
[09:17] | I’m surprised he kept his pants on. | 他该把裤子也脱了才对 |
[09:18] | Okay. Okay, I can see what’s going on. | 好了 好了 我明白怎么回事了 |
[09:20] | You–you’re just so focused on getting his business, | 你太专注于拉他当客户 |
[09:22] | that you don’t see what’s going on in front of you. | 以至于你没看到事情的真相 |
[09:24] | Okay. Now I do see what’s going on. | 好的 我现在看清了 |
[09:27] | – What? – Come here, pretty girl. | -看清什么 -过来 美妞 |
[09:28] | – What? Mm? – You are, you know. You don’t hear it enough. | -咋了 -你很美 只是我不常说而已 |
[09:32] | The other night, when you put on makeup, | 那一晚 你着上淡妆 |
[09:35] | I was like, “There she is.” | 我心里想 “我老婆真美” |
[09:37] | Oh, my god. | 我的天呐 |
[09:38] | You think I’m making this up as some part of a-an ego boost? | 你觉得我是虚荣心作祟才瞎编乱造的吗 |
[09:41] | Do you realize how insulting that is? | 你知道这有多侮辱人吗 |
[09:45] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[09:47] | Helping my little sister with her homework. | 帮我的小妹妹做作业 |
[09:49] | That seems… Mean. | 你手段 真卑劣 |
[09:51] | Annie, this is Alex. | 安妮 这位是艾丽克斯 |
[09:53] | That other sister I was telling you about. | 就是我跟你说过的另一个妹妹 |
[09:55] | Hi. So nice to meet you. | 你好 很高兴见到你 |
[09:59] | Um, if you’re going to study there, | 如果你要在我的床上学习 |
[10:00] | You might need to correct numbers 7 through 10. | 还是把第7题到第10题答案改一下吧 |
[10:02] | This bed has higher standards than that bed. | 这张床的标准可比那张床高多了 |
[10:05] | I’m going to get some more lemonade. | 我去再拿点柠檬水来 |
[10:10] | I think your sister’s mad at our sister. | 我觉得你姐姐生我们姐姐的气了 |
[10:18] | We’re back! | 我们回来了 |
[10:20] | Oh, well, there you are. I guess “Lunch then home” | 终于回来了 我猜”吃完饭就回家” |
[10:22] | means different things to different people. | 对不同的人有不同的意思哈 |
[10:23] | We had a girls’ day. Lily, Lily, come! | 我带着小美女逛街了 莉莉 快过来 |
[10:26] | Show your papa what we bought! | 给你爸爸看看我们买什么了 |
[10:28] | Matchy jackets! | 母女装 |
[10:30] | It’s like she’s the baby leopard, | 她穿上就跟小豹子一样 |
[10:31] | And I’m the mama. | 而我是母豹子哟 |
[10:33] | Or they just happened to have two jackets, | 或者就是两件普通的大衣 |
[10:34] | one large, one small. | 一件大号的 一件小号的 |
[10:37] | What happened here? Where is my tea? | 抽屉里怎么了 我的茶哪去了 |
[10:38] | Oh, it’s in this drawer over here. | 茶在这边的抽屉里 |
[10:40] | As a thank-you, | 为了感谢你 |
[10:40] | I took some time to rearrange your kitchen | 我花了点时间把你家厨房重新打理了一下 |
[10:42] | So it makes sense. | 好有条理一些 |
[10:45] | To who? | 对谁有条理 |
[10:46] | To everyone. There’s a flow now. Watch– | 对所有人啊 现在有层次感了 看着 |
[10:48] | Tea. Mug. Kettle. You’re welcome. | 茶 马克杯 茶壶 不用谢 |
[10:51] | I didn’t thank you. | 我又没谢你 |
[10:53] | You don’t have to. | 你不必谢 |
[10:54] | I won’t. | 我没打算谢 |
[11:07] | Cam, our shared bathroom is not the place | 小卡 躲在我们的共用厕所里 |
[11:09] | to work out whatever’s going on here. | 可不是解决问题的办法 |
[11:11] | I’m a child of divorce. | 我是经历过父母离异的小孩 |
[11:13] | Conflict resolution is something of a specialty. | 化解冲突可算是我的专长 |
[11:15] | The key is, tell a personal story | 关键是 要跟当事人讲一个 |
[11:17] | that applies to their situation, | 能引起他共鸣的故事 |
[11:19] | even if you have to make one up. | 就算现编也得编 |
[11:21] | That way, they really hear what they need to hear. | 那样的话 他们就会听到需要听到的道理 |
[11:24] | I’m sorry. You’re right. | 抱歉 你说的对 |
[11:26] | No. I’m sorry I snapped. | 不 抱歉我打扰到你了 |
[11:29] | I’m just going through some stuff | 我只是对我喜欢的一个女生 |
[11:30] | with this girl I like, Danielle. | 有点想法 她叫丹妮尔 |
[11:32] | She came over the other day, and Stella was all over her, | 她前几天来我家 而斯黛拉老粘着她 |
[11:35] | And–and I got jealous. | 然后 然后我就吃醋了 |
[11:37] | Which is crazy, right? | 这有点不可理喻 对吧 |
[11:38] | I mean, Stella was only playing with her because she was new. | 我是说 斯黛拉和她玩只是一种新鲜感 |
[11:41] | Manny, sounds like Danielle was trying | 曼尼 听起来丹妮尔想 |
[11:44] | to get between you and your puppy, | 破坏你和你的小狗之间的感情 |
[11:45] | And that ain’t cool. | 性质很恶劣啊 |
[11:46] | She seems immature, and you can do better. | 她好像很不成熟 而你可以找个更好的 |
[11:50] | I’m sorry to be blunt, | 我很抱歉直言不讳 |
[11:51] | But I’m going through something myself right now. | 但是我自己现在也在经历感情波折 |
[11:54] | So, chin up. Okay. | 所以 振作点 好的 |
[11:55] | It may not work every time, | 虽然未必每次都管用 |
[11:57] | but you only need one fish to bite. | 但你只需要搞定一位就可以了 |
[11:59] | Who is this Danielle? | 那个丹妮尔是谁 |
[12:01] | She’s my study partner in my history class, | 她是我历史课上的学习搭档 |
[12:03] | and we share a notebook. | 我们共享笔记的 |
[12:04] | But her notes were really confusing, | 但她的笔记比较混乱 |
[12:05] | so I put them in order. | 所以我将之列的井井有条的 |
[12:07] | Instead of thanking me for making our lives easier, | 而她非但不感谢我让学习变得更容易 |
[12:09] | she got all mad because she thought I was judging her. | 她还生我的气 因为她认为我在批评她 |
[12:13] | This girl is very bad news, Manny. | 那个女生相当不靠谱 曼尼 |
[12:15] | You stay away from her. | 你离她远远的 |
[12:23] | We’re Phil and Claire. | 我们是菲尔和克莱尔 |
[12:24] | Hey, I’m Tony. | 我是 我是托尼 |
[12:25] | Come on in. I’ll go get my dad. | 快进来 我去叫我爸爸 |
[12:26] | – Okay. – Great, thanks. | -好的 -很好 谢谢 |
[12:28] | I don’t like the way that kid was looking at you. | 我不喜欢那孩子看你的方式 |
[12:30] | We are not friends right now. | 我们现在不是朋友 |
[12:32] | I am only here to help pump up the college fund. | 我只是过来帮忙搞点给孩子们上大学的钱 |
[12:34] | Claire, if Tad even makes a move towards you, | 克莱尔 如果泰德对你毛手毛脚的 |
[12:36] | His ass is… grass. | 我就打的他屁股开花 |
[12:37] | Really? I thought that was just my ego. | 是吗 我以为只是我的虚荣心在幻想呢 |
[12:39] | So far, yeah, but just know, | 目前 是的 但是你要明白 |
[12:41] | I’m ready to grass his ass. | 我已经准备好打得他屁股开花了 |
[12:42] | Hey, hey, hey, guys. | 嘿 两位 |
[12:43] | Hey! How are you! | 嘿 你好吗 |
[12:45] | – Good. – Good to see you. | -很好 -很高兴见到你 |
[12:46] | – Yeah. – Hi. That’s good. | -好啊 -这就行了 |
[12:49] | Well, I love the place. Did you remodel this? | 这房子不错啊 你重装修了吗 |
[12:50] | Uh, actually, my ex-wife. | 事实上是我前妻搞的 |
[12:52] | She had a, uh, passion for modern architecture | 她那个 很热衷于现代建筑 |
[12:54] | and at least one modern architect. | 以及至少一位现代建筑师 |
[12:57] | May have to sell this one next. | 或许接下来也会把它卖掉 |
[12:59] | Really? | 真的 |
[13:00] | I love how open it is. | 我喜欢它的开放式结构 |
[13:01] | – Do you mind if I, uh, poke around? – Please, yeah. | -你介意我 参观一下吗 -请便 |
[13:03] | Beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[13:04] | Tad, if you don’t need my help anymore with the kids, | 泰德 如果你不需要我照看孩子了 |
[13:05] | – I’ll be going. -Thank you so much, Ellen. | -那我就走了 -太感谢你了 艾伦 |
[13:07] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[13:08] | Okay. We’ll see you later. Bye. | 好的 我们回头见 再见 |
[13:09] | I saw this house eight years ago. | 我8年前见过这房子 |
[13:10] | There used to be a wall here, right? | 这里以前有堵墙 对吧 |
[13:12] | That’s right. That’s right. That was all covered. | 对 对的 不过已经改掉了 |
[13:14] | Yeah.I’m a detail guy. Hard to get much past me. | 我可是很注重细节的 别想逃过我法眼 |
[13:17] | Hello, hello! | 好啊 好啊 |
[13:18] | – Hi, aunt Kara! – How are you? | -你好 卡拉阿姨 -你好吗 |
[13:19] | Good, Tad, How you doing? | 我很好 泰德 你怎么样 |
[13:20] | – Bye, daddy. – Bye, sweetie. | -拜 爸爸 -拜 亲爱的 |
[13:21] | – Bye, dad. – Have fun. | -拜 老板 -好好玩 |
[13:23] | Okay. See you later. | 好的 回头见 |
[13:24] | Come on, guys, let’s go. | 快点孩子们 咱们走了 |
[13:26] | These stairs used to be teak, am I right? | 楼梯以前是柚木的 对吧 |
[13:29] | This guy’s good. | 你老公真厉害啊 |
[13:30] | Yeah, he’s good. | 是啊 他是很厉害 |
[13:32] | – He’s sharp. – I forgot my bag. | -他非常犀利 -我忘拿包了 |
[13:34] | You do that every time. | 你每次都这样 |
[13:36] | Yep. | 没错 |
[13:39] | I don’t miss much. | 我从来都不放过任何细节 |
[13:47] | Oh, I’m sorry. Were you trying to read? | 抱歉 你是想看书吗 |
[13:48] | You’re the one who tries to read. | 你想看也看不懂啊 |
[13:50] | Oh, my gosh! I am not that stupid! | 擦 你妹的 姐还没那么笨呢 |
[13:52] | Seriously, Haley, you think you | 说真的 海莉 你以为你是 |
[13:53] | – are the coolest person ever! – Would you please stop | -有史以来最酷的人啊 -你能不能 |
[13:54] | just judging me and everything that I do? | 别只要看见我干点啥就立马损我 |
[13:55] | “Look at me! I’m so cool!” | “看看姐 姐好拽啊” |
[13:56] | Enough! Enough! | 够了 够了 |
[13:58] | I am so sick of you two fighting all the time! | 我真是受够你们每天在一起掐架了 |
[14:00] | You’re a bad big sister, | 你是个坏大姐 |
[14:01] | And you’re a bad little sister! | 而你也不是什么好二姐 |
[14:03] | And you’re both bad big sisters to me. | 反正都是我的坏姐姐 |
[14:07] | Be normaler. | 正常点吧 |
[14:13] | I’ve never seen him like that. | 我还没见过他这么发飙呢 |
[14:17] | Well, we do kind of neglect him. | 我们确实有点忽视他的感受了 |
[14:19] | And if you think about it, | 仔细想想吧 |
[14:21] | he is kind of… our little sister. | 他有点像是 我们的小妹妹 |
[14:25] | Remember how we used to dress him up? | 还记得以前我们怎么打扮他的吗 |
[14:27] | I miss her. | 我想她 |
[14:29] | I hear you, | 我听见你们了 |
[14:29] | and I don’t like where this is going! | 而且我很不喜欢这对话的发展方向 |
[14:31] | You get the lipstick, | 你负责拿口红 |
[14:32] | I’ll get the bra and tennis balls. | 我去拿胸罩和网球 |
[14:34] | Betty Luke! | 贝蒂·卢克 |
[14:34] | [经典卡通形象Betty Boop–贝蒂娃娃 欲知笑点 务必查证图片] | |
[14:37] | I will burn this house down! | 我会把这房子烧了的 |
[14:59] | Where is the cheese grater? | 乳酪磨碎机哪去了 |
[15:05] | Where is the cutting board? | 那切菜板呢 |
[15:07] | Where would you want it to be? | 你想让它在哪 |
[15:13] | Yes, right here next to the cheese grater. | 是 就在乳酪磨碎机的旁边 |
[15:16] | I know it’s hard to tell by looking at me, | 我知道光看表面看不出来 |
[15:18] | But I am not a natural homemaker. | 但我真不是做主妇的料 |
[15:20] | So when Cam came and organized my kitchen, | 所以小卡对我的厨房整顿之后 |
[15:23] | I felt insecure and lashed out. | 我觉得失去了安全感 备受打击 |
[15:27] | In a way, I’m no better | 从某方面来说 我不比 |
[15:28] | than Manny’s crazy friend Danielle. | 曼尼那不可理喻的朋友丹妮尔好多少 |
[15:31] | Please, can we just focus on the cooking? | 拜托 我们能专心做菜吗 |
[15:38] | Daddy, we forgot to give you this. | 爸爸 我们忘记给你这个了 |
[15:42] | It’s like our jackets. | 和我们的外套是一个系列哦 |
[15:46] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[15:49] | I guess I’ve always been a little sensitive | 我想我一直都对莉莉 |
[15:51] | about Lily not having a mother, | 没有妈妈的事情很敏感 |
[15:53] | and Gloria’s so good at it. | 而歌洛莉亚很好地担当了这个角色 |
[15:55] | I got jealous. | 我有些吃醋 |
[15:57] | Maybe I should tell Manny this story. | 也许我应该跟曼尼讲讲这个故事 |
[15:59] | It might help him with that train wreck Danielle. | 也许对他和那个灾星丹妮尔的事情有些帮助 |
[16:02] | You know what? Why don’t you turn that music back on. | 你知道吗 何不重新打开音乐 |
[16:04] | Was kind of nice. | 听起来很不错 |
[16:31] | Hey, dad… | 爸爸 |
[16:31] | No need to talk about it. | 你什么都不用说 |
[16:33] | I was out of line coming down there, | 我突袭你们的商谈确实有点过分 |
[16:34] | won’t happen again. Scotch is at the bar. | 此类事情绝不会再发生了 酒在吧台上 |
[16:36] | No, I’ve been giving this a lot of thought. | 不 我想了很多 |
[16:37] | I guess we’re gonna talk about it. | 你大概又要拉着我谈心了 |
[16:39] | I was rude to you. | 我对你太无礼了 |
[16:40] | I think I was just annoyed by all the lawyer jokes. | 我想我只是有点恼火那些调侃律师的玩笑 |
[16:42] | I mean, let’s be honest, you don’t exactly | 坦白一点讲 你对我的工作 |
[16:45] | beam with pride over what I do for a living. | 并不引以为豪 |
[16:47] | Mockery is the sincerest form of flattery. | 常言道 讽刺是最真挚的奉承 |
[16:49] | Pretty sure that’s– that’s not the saying, | 我很确信 常言中可没那个说法 |
[16:50] | But, um, you know, Manny told me a story | 不过 曼尼给我讲了一个 |
[16:53] | about his friend Danielle. | 关于他朋友丹妮尔的故事 |
[16:55] | She sounds like a real piece of work, by the way. | 顺便说一句 听上去她是个了不起的人物 |
[16:57] | But, uh, it made me realize that | 但是 那个故事让我意识到 |
[16:59] | I take myself a little too seriously. | 我太把自己当回事了 |
[17:01] | Listen, it goes without saying I’ve always been proud of you, | 听着 不用说我也一直都为你自豪 |
[17:05] | and I brag about you all the time. | 也一直到处吹嘘你 |
[17:07] | So if I say, “What do lawyers use as birth control?” | 所以如果我说 “律师用什么来避孕” |
[17:10] | And the answer is, “Their personalities,” | 答案通常是”他们令人讨厌的性格” |
[17:12] | I want you to know I’m not referring to you. | 你要知道我不是指你 |
[17:15] | You don’t need any birth control. | 因为你压根儿不需要避孕 |
[17:20] | Hello? | 你好 |
[17:22] | Yeah, this is Jay Pritchett. | 是的 我是杰·普里契特 |
[17:24] | What? When? | 什么 什么时候 |
[17:26] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[17:27] | It’s the police. My car got stolen. | 是警察 我的车被偷了 |
[17:28] | Yeah, 2012. Gray. | 是的 2012 灰色 |
[17:31] | No, not pewter. More like a light… | 不 不是蓝灰色 更像是淡 |
[17:33] | Like a–no, not slate. | 像是 不 不是暗蓝色 |
[17:36] | I don’t even know what “Coastal fog” Is. | 我都不知道”雾灰色”是个什么色 |
[17:38] | Just put down “Gray.” | 写”灰色”就行了 |
[17:40] | Kilo? | 奇洛吗 |
[17:41] | It’s not my car. | 那不是我的车 |
[17:43] | Yes, she’s columbian. | 对 她是哥伦比亚人 |
[17:44] | What does that have to do with–no, I’m coming down there. | 和这个有什么关系 不 我现在下去 |
[17:46] | Hang on. Grab your keys. | 等等 带上钥匙 |
[17:48] | I think I might need a lawyer. | 我想我需要个律师 |
[17:52] | Guess who just got his bell rung? | 猜猜整盅电话整到谁了 |
[18:00] | That’s good. | 完全骗到他了 |
[18:01] | That’s good. | 真有两下子 |
[18:03] | Here we go. Have a seat. | 来吧 请坐 |
[18:05] | I got a bottle of port from 1899. | 我有一瓶1899年的波尔图葡萄酒 |
[18:08] | Okay, I got it for $18.99… | 好吧 其实是18.99美金的葡萄酒 |
[18:11] | but it’s a good one. | 不过是瓶好酒 |
[18:16] | – Fun night, right? Great dinner? – Yes. Yes, and… | -今晚很棒 晚餐也很棒 -对吗 是的 而且 |
[18:20] | Tad is… great, | 泰德是个大好人 |
[18:22] | and I know I was giving you a hard time… | 我知道我之前有些难为你 |
[18:25] | But I feel like I should say that I am sorry. | 但我觉得我应该说声对不起 |
[18:27] | Hey, hey, hey, Claire, you don’t need to explain. | 克莱尔 你不用解释 |
[18:29] | Your apology is apology enough. | 你肯道歉已经让我受宠若惊了 |
[18:31] | Oh, I forgot the best part | 在哥斯达黎加的那个故事 |
[18:32] | of the Costa Rica story. | 我忘记讲最棒的部分了 |
[18:33] | So we get home, and they’ve taken over the living room, | 我们回家后 它们占据了客厅 |
[18:37] | they’ve taken over the kitchen, | 占据了厨房 |
[18:39] | I mean, they’re in the food, they’re on the bed. | 食物上 床上 到处都有它们的身影 |
[18:41] | And finally, after two years of complaining to Diego about this, | 终于 向迪亚戈抱怨了两年后 |
[18:45] | he finally stops and says, | 他终于停止了 他说 |
[18:47] | “Okay, now I see it. | “好吧 现在我亲眼看到了 |
[18:49] | You do have a monkey problem.” | 你确实遇上猴群作乱了” |
[18:57] | A monkey problem! | 猴群作乱 |
[18:58] | Yeah, I heard him the first time. | 知道 他第一次说我就听清了 |
[19:00] | You can kiss my wife, you can take her to bed, | 你可以亲吻我的妻子 可以和她滚床单 |
[19:02] | but you cannot make her laugh. | 但是你不能逗她笑 |
[19:06] | I wanna go back. | 我要重来一遍 |
[19:08] | You can kiss my wife, | 你可以亲吻我的妻子 |
[19:10] | But only I can take her to bed and make her laugh. | 但只有我能和她滚床单和逗她笑 |
[19:13] | I wanna go back. | 我要再来一遍 |
[19:15] | Only I can take my wife to bed, | 只有我可以和我的妻子滚床单 |
[19:19] | comma, | 逗号 |
[19:21] | and make her laugh. | 和逗她笑 |
[19:24] | I mean, they’re in everything. | 它们真的无处不在 |
[19:26] | The only thing they didn’t touch– | 它们唯一没有碰的东西 |
[19:28] | the bananas. | 居然是香蕉 |
[19:32] | The monkeys love bananas! | 猴子爱香蕉 |
[19:33] | You would think they would love the bananas. | 天下哪有不爱香蕉的猴子 |
[19:35] | Yeah, we should go. | 对 我们该走了 |
[19:36] | – Come on. The bananas– – Yeah, we need to go. | -没开玩笑吧 香蕉 -我们该走了 |
[19:39] | – We gotta get going. – Oh, no, no, no. | -我们该走了 -不不 |
[19:40] | – Yeah, yeah, we’re late. – But he just opened the– | -时间太晚了 -但是他刚刚打开 |
[19:41] | – We’re late for getting home. – Thanks for everything. Just– | -我们回家要晚了 -谢谢你的盛情款待 |
[19:45] | What is wrong with you? | 你有什么毛病 |
[19:46] | You laughed like it was “Who’s on first?” | 你笑得花枝乱颤 像是说”谁先上我” |
[19:48] | What? | 什么 |
[19:49] | He’s on second. Don’t try to cheer me up. | 他必须第二个上 别哄我 |
[19:51] | I know what’s going on here. You’re jealous. | 我知道了 你吃醋了 |
[19:53] | Of him? | 吃他的醋吗 |
[19:55] | He’s not even funny! | 他一点都不好笑 |
[19:56] | What’s he got? Like, a soft ten minutes? | 他有什么 棍又软 时又短吗 |
[19:58] | And he goes to the Costa Rican well | 而且他去哥斯达黎加的故事 |
[20:00] | a little too much for my taste. | 我的品位完全无法理解 |
[20:01] | Oh, god. | 天呐 |
[20:03] | Really? This is still about the monkey? | 不是吧 还在笑猴子吗 |
[20:05] | No! No, no, no! | 不不不 |
[20:06] | It’s you. You are making me so happy right now. | 是你 你现在让我很开心 |
[20:09] | You stormed out of there, and you’re acting like an idiot. | 你仓皇地逃出来了 简直像个傻子 |
[20:12] | You like this? Because I am really uncomfortable. | 你喜欢吗 我真的相当不爽 |
[20:15] | Honey, I love it. Makes me feel special. | 亲爱的 我太喜欢了 让我觉得倍受重视 |
[20:18] | Sometimes, I really don’t understand you. | 有时候 我真的搞不懂你在想什么 |
[20:21] | I know. It’s stupid, | 我知道 有点傻 |
[20:22] | but it’s nice to know that sometimes you’ll fight for me, | 但是看到你为我而战感觉很好 |
[20:25] | and all I have to do is laugh at some other guy’s story. | 而我只用对其他男人的故事笑笑就能看到 |
[20:29] | But no one makes me laugh like you do. | 但没有人能像你那样让我开怀大笑 |
[20:32] | As long as it’s always genuine. | 只要这句永远是真的 |
[20:35] | You can fake anything you want with me, | 你的一切都可以是假的 |
[20:36] | But not your laugh. | 只要笑容是真的就行 |
[20:38] | – I’d like to go back. – Yeah. | -我要重说一遍 -好 |
[20:43] | Stop it! Leave me alone! | 住手 走开 |
[20:45] | – Hold still! – Stop moving! | -老实点 – 别动 |
[20:47] | I hate you! Get off of me! | 我恨你们 走开 |
[20:49] | What… is going on? | 干什么呢你们 |
[20:52] | You guys are in a lot of trouble. | 你们有大麻烦了 |
[20:54] | Haley, I told you to clean this mess up, | 海莉 我告诉过你把客厅收拾好 |
[20:56] | And, Alex, your books are everywhere. | 艾丽克斯 你的书丢得到处都是 |
[20:58] | Betty Luke, sit down while your dad gets the camera. | 贝蒂·卢克娃娃 坐下来 你爸快去拿相机 |
[21:01] | Got it. | 收到 |
[21:02] | Last time, you made a funny face | 上次 你做了个鬼脸 |
[21:03] | and we didn’t really get a good shot, | 所以我们没有拍到一张很好的照片 |
[21:05] | so let’s work on our smile. | 所以我们要练习微笑 |
[21:07] | Okay. Good to see you, Betty Luke. | 好 见到你真高兴 贝蒂·卢克娃娃 |