时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | So we’re gonna change that one. | 我们要换掉那个 |
[00:05] | I’m back. | 我回来啦 |
[00:07] | Okay, let me see, let me see, let me see! | 快让我瞧瞧 快让我瞧瞧 |
[00:10] | You guys are want to, um… | 你们得戴上… |
[00:12] | Oh, my god! | 我滴神啊 |
[00:13] | I love it! | 爱死了 |
[00:17] | All clear. | 没事儿了 |
[00:19] | Okay, so– | 好了 所以… |
[00:21] | So good! It is so good! | 好棒啊 真的好棒啊 |
[00:24] | For the last few months, | 过去几个月里 |
[00:25] | Cam and I have been redoing a house together | 小卡和我合力翻新一座老房子 |
[00:27] | that we’re gonna flip, | 我们会进行炒房活动 |
[00:28] | and I have to say, it has been goin’ great! | 不得不说 进展非常顺利 |
[00:30] | We make an amazing team. | 我们是绝佳组合 |
[00:31] | – Yeah. The key is trust. – Absolutely. | -是啊 关键就是信任 -绝对的 |
[00:34] | The key is, I let Claire think she’s in charge. | 关键在于 我让克莱尔以为是她在掌控大局 |
[00:37] | I hide what I want in something bigger and more expensive. | 我用更大更贵的东西掩藏我真正想要的 |
[00:40] | Then when she rejects that, | 当她反对的时候 |
[00:42] | we “compromise” on what I wanted all along. | 我们就能”妥协”成我一直想要的东西 |
[00:45] | I call my method “The trojan horse.” | 我把这称为”特洛伊木马战术” |
[00:47] | You know how I got Lily? | 知道我是怎么领养到莉莉的吗 |
[00:48] | I asked Mitchell for triplets. | 我跟米奇说要领养三胞胎 |
[00:51] | You are going to love what I found for the kitchen countertops. | 你一定会爱死我挑的厨房台面砖 |
[00:56] | It’s from Carrarra, Itlay. | 来自意大利卡拉拉市 |
[00:58] | It’s where Michelangelo got the marble | 米开朗基罗就是在那里找到大理石 |
[01:00] | to make the “David.” | 雕刻出《大卫》的 |
[01:01] | Now we know why the “David” couldn’t afford any clothes. | 难怪大卫穿不起衣服呢 |
[01:04] | Okay, well, uh… | 好吧 其实 |
[01:06] | I also found this one. | 我还挑了这款 |
[01:08] | It’s not as nice, but it’s less expensive. | 稍微逊色一些 但没那么贵 |
[01:11] | Well, it’s still over budget, but… | 这也超预算了 但是 |
[01:14] | I guess it’s okay. | 我觉得就这个吧 |
[01:17] | By the way, we couldn’t get the powder room fixtures you wanted. | 对了 我们没买到你要的盥洗室设备 |
[01:18] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[01:19] | Well, they’re 23%, or $982, over the budget. | 超预算23% 也就是982美元 |
[01:23] | Keeping in mind, that space is only | 记住 那块地方只占了 |
[01:25] | 12% of 1,462 square feet. | 1462平方英尺中的12% |
[01:28] | Whenever I need to rein in Cam’s spending, | 每次我要控制小卡的花销 |
[01:29] | I employ something that I like to call “The number dump.” | 我就运用我的”数据倾销”法 |
[01:33] | So… unless you wanna cut 16%, | 所以 除非你愿意从地板预算中 |
[01:37] | or $1,764 from somewhere in the flooring budget, | 削减16% 也就是1764美元 |
[01:41] | we’ve gotta find another 4% overall. | 我们就还得削减4% |
[01:42] | Yeah. No, as long as they’re pretty, it’s fine. It’s fine. | 好吧 不 只要漂亮就行了 没关系 |
[01:45] | Yesterday, I accidentally said “Eleventy-five.” | 昨天 我不小心说了个”十一十零五” |
[02:01] | So everybody knows how hard I worked on that project. | 大家都知道我对这个项目有多认真 |
[02:03] | I mean– | 我是说 |
[02:08] | Hey, wait. What are you doing? | 等等 你在干嘛 |
[02:09] | Trying to put the sugar back in the thing. | 把糖放回罐子里啊 |
[02:11] | Well, just go get the broom. | 去拿扫帚扫掉吧 |
[02:12] | I’ll eat it for a dollar. | 给我一美元我就吃 |
[02:14] | What did I say about eating things for money? | 我说为赚钱吃东西该怎么着 |
[02:15] | Charge the most. Then people will think you’re worth it. | 要价得高 人们就会以为物有所值 |
[02:17] | That’s right. That’s at least $5. | 没错 那至少得5美元 |
[02:19] | – Hey, he said a dollar. – Broom. | -他说的是一美元 -拿扫帚去 |
[02:21] | Hey, dad, I can’t find my scarf, | 老爸 我找不到我的围巾了 |
[02:23] | and the closet light’s burnt out. | 衣柜的灯也坏了 |
[02:25] | – So just change it. – I can’t reach it. | -那就换灯泡啊 -我够不着 |
[02:27] | Oh, if only there was some magical way | 要是有什么魔法 |
[02:29] | of getting up closer to the ceiling. | 能让人接近天花板就好了 |
[02:31] | Okay, now you just sound like Dylan. | 你刚刚说话的语气很像迪兰 |
[02:33] | I’m saying get a step stool. | 我说的是梯子啦 |
[02:35] | One thing at a time, okay? | 一件一件来 好吗 |
[02:37] | What is happening? | 什么情况 |
[02:38] | I’m sweeping. | 我在扫地啊 |
[02:39] | No, you’re not sweeping. | 不 你这不是扫地 |
[02:40] | You’re just spreading it all around. | 而是把糖都扫分散了 |
[02:42] | It’s gonna cost more if you want me to eat it now. | 现在要我吃的话 收费得提高了 |
[02:45] | That’s when it hit me– | 那一刻我突然发现 |
[02:46] | My daughters know nothing about home care and maintenance. | 我的女儿们完全不会做家务 |
[02:48] | I don’t want ’em to be dependent. | 我不希望她们这么依赖 |
[02:50] | It’s up to me to show them what a modern, | 我该向她们展示一位自强自立的 |
[02:52] | self-sufficient woman looks like. | 现代女性该是什么样了 |
[02:59] | Careful. Keep that up, | 小心点 继续这样下去 |
[02:59] | he’ll have to hit “Numero dos” when he calls the DMV. | 他要打电话给车管局时 就会按”兔”键 |
[03:02] | By the time, he’s old enough to call, | 等到他会打电话的时候 |
[03:04] | tt will be “Numero uno.” | 会按数字键”万” |
[03:06] | Ay, there he is. | 太好了 他来了 |
[03:08] | Manny, why did you have breakfast alone outside? | 曼尼 你为什么自己跑到外面去吃早餐 |
[03:10] | I felt like eating breakfast alfresco. | 我喜欢吃露天早餐 |
[03:12] | Does that mean he had his pants off? | 意思是说他把裤子都脱了吗 |
[03:13] | Because if I can’t, he can’t. | 因为如果我不行 他也不行 |
[03:15] | Jay, he’s been eating outside on his own all week. | 杰 他这一整个星期都自己在外面吃饭 |
[03:19] | Do you think that he feels left out | 你觉得是不是因为我把注意力 |
[03:20] | because of all the attention I give Joe? | 都集中到乔身上 他感觉受冷落了 |
[03:22] | You know, I’ve been wondering the same thing. | 我也在想同样的事 |
[03:24] | Tell you what–why don’t I have some father-son time | 跟你说 不如今天下午就让我带乔 |
[03:26] | with Joe this afternoon | 享受父子时光 |
[03:27] | and give you some time with Manny? | 你去陪陪曼尼 |
[03:30] | Ay, that’s so sweet. | 好啊 你真贴心 |
[03:31] | You can take Joe to his baby class. | 你可以带乔去上宝宝班 |
[03:33] | Gloria, I think he already knows how to be a baby. | 歌洛莉亚 我觉得他知道该怎么做宝宝 |
[03:35] | I love you, but I can’t laugh at that again. | 我爱你 但你这话我可笑不出来了 |
[03:38] | Manny, how about I pick you up after school, | 曼尼 你放学后我去接你 |
[03:41] | and we both have a special day? | 我们享受一下母子专属时光怎么样 |
[03:43] | Well, I did talk to Jay | 我之前跟杰说过 |
[03:44] | about getting some tickets for this reading. | 要买票参加一个读书会的事儿 |
[03:46] | What reading? | 什么读书会 |
[03:47] | Seriously? | 不是吧你 |
[03:48] | The stage reading of “Moby Dick”? | 《大白鲸》的读书会啊 |
[03:49] | I told you about it last night. | 我昨天晚上跟你说的 |
[03:51] | I have zero recollection of this. | 我完全记不起来了 |
[03:53] | I knew I shouldn’t have poured you that second Scotch. | 我就知道我不该给你倒第二杯威士忌 |
[03:55] | Sorry, buddy, but I already committed | 抱歉 伙计 但我已经决定 |
[03:56] | to spending the afternoon with Joe | 今天下午陪乔了 |
[03:57] | so you and your mom could have more time together. | 好让你妈妈能多点时间陪陪你 |
[03:59] | Hey, maybe she can take you. | 也许她能带你去 |
[04:00] | – Can we, mom? – Of course, mi amor. | -可以吗 老妈 -当然了 亲爱的 |
[04:02] | It’s your special day. We’ll do whatever you want. | 今天是你的专属日 你想做什么都行 |
[04:04] | Great. This is gonna be four hours you’ll never forget. | 太好了 这将成为你永生难忘的4小时 |
[04:08] | Hey, buddy. Looks like it’s just the dos of us. | 伙计 看来只剩我们”兔”了 |
[04:12] | Why do I feel that you did something shifty? | 我怎么觉得你好像暗中捣鬼了 |
[04:15] | I have no idea. | 我毫不知情 |
[04:16] | But I gotta say, it’s not your best quality. | 但说真的 这可不是你的优良品质 |
[04:19] | All right, sweetie, you have a good day. | 好了 亲爱的 祝你今天开心 |
[04:21] | Watch me play handball, daddy. | 爸爸 看我玩手球吧 |
[04:23] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[04:24] | Next! | 下一个 |
[04:25] | That’s Milo. He beats everybody. | 那是麦洛 他打败了所有人 |
[04:29] | Next loser! | 下一个手下败将 |
[04:31] | – He’s mean. – Yeah, I’m gettin’ that. | -他真刻薄 -我看出来了 |
[04:36] | – Next! – That’s you. | -下一个 -到你了 |
[04:38] | Another girl? | 又是个女的 |
[04:40] | Hey, sweetie? Sweetie? | 亲爱的 亲爱的 |
[04:41] | You’re gonna do great, okay? | 你一定会很棒的 |
[04:43] | If you say so. | 你说是就是呗 |
[04:45] | Next! | 下一个 |
[04:46] | Uh, Milo? That– that was my fault. | 麦洛 这是我的错 |
[04:47] | I distracted her, | 我分散了她的注意力 |
[04:48] | So maybe she could just go again? | 所以或许可以让她再来一次 |
[04:50] | No do-overs. Next! | 不带重玩的 下一个 |
[04:52] | Well, I’m next, and I would like to give her my turn. | 下一个是我 我把这个机会给她了 |
[04:54] | No switcheroos. Are you playing or not? | 不许换人 你到底玩不玩 |
[04:57] | – No. – Chicken. Next. | -不玩 -胆小鬼 下一个 |
[05:00] | I hate bullies. I’ve hated them my whole life. | 我痛恨恶霸 我恨他们一辈子 |
[05:02] | I hated them when they were named Scott Dworkin | 我从斯科特·杜肯 格雷戈·普奇科 |
[05:04] | Or Greg Pechenko or Katie Greenwald. | 到凯蒂·格林伍德 全都恨 |
[05:09] | Okay, you know what? I’m gonna play. | 你猜怎么着 我决定上阵 |
[05:11] | But, daddy, he’s really good. | 可是 爸爸 他很厉害的 |
[05:12] | Well, I’m really good, too. | 我也很厉害的 |
[05:13] | – But it’s a sport. – I got this. | -可这是体育运动 -我可以的 |
[05:15] | You done talking? | 你们唠完没 |
[05:16] | You know, it’s really appropriate that we’re at a school, | 我们现在在学校较量最合适不过了 |
[05:18] | because I’m about to teach you a lesson. | 因为我要给你上上课[教训] |
[05:24] | Next! | 下一个 |
[05:25] | All right. Sorry, sweetheart. | 好吧 对不起 亲爱的 |
[05:27] | Here, I’ll walk you to class. | 我送你去上课 |
[05:28] | No, thank you, mister. | 不用了 谢谢你 先生 |
[05:30] | But… | 但是 |
[05:36] | Whatcha doin’? | 你在干嘛 |
[05:39] | I think I have an idea. | 我觉得我有个想法 |
[05:45] | Okay. Every house needs a “Wow” factor, right? | 每座房子都需要让人惊叹的”哇”元素 对不对 |
[05:49] | What is the one thing this backyard is missing? | 这座院子缺少的是什么 |
[05:51] | – A qualified buyer? – Now don’t be silly. | -一名够格的买家吗 -别说傻话 |
[05:53] | No. A water feature with a fire element. | 不是的 应该是一个带火焰效果的水景 |
[05:57] | Oh, god, no. | 天呐 不行 |
[05:58] | No, no, please. Now just imagine– | 拜托 只要设想一下 |
[06:00] | This entire back wall | 后边这一整面墙 |
[06:01] | cascading into a reservoir that erupts into flames | 都被连接到蓄水池上 每隔15分钟就 |
[06:05] | on the quarter hour. How does that sound? | 像火焰一样喷发出来 听起来怎么样 |
[06:07] | Like we need a white tiger. | 听起来挺费钱 |
[06:09] | Maybe I’m being a little ambitious. | 也许我的野心太大了 |
[06:10] | So let’s just do a couple dancing water fountains, | 那我们只做一对舞蹈喷泉好了 |
[06:12] | – call it a day. – No, wait. Cam, Cam, Cam. | -收工吧 -不 等一下 小卡 |
[06:14] | That’s gonna still put us, like, | 那样也会让我们的景观预算 |
[06:16] | $3,500 over our landscape budget. | 超出将近3500美元 |
[06:17] | Right now, we’re 40-12 percent higher than I thought | 现在比我之前预想的超了40-12%了 |
[06:19] | we’d be at this point because Smitty added that 8% surcharge. | 因为斯密特加上了8%的附加费 |
[06:22] | I’m sorry–did you just say 40-12 percent? | 不好意思 你刚才是说40-12%吗 |
[06:24] | Mm, no, I didn’t. | 没 我没说 |
[06:25] | Yes, you did. You do this all the time. | 你说了 你总是这样 |
[06:26] | You just throw numbers at me to frighten and confuse me. | 你总是拿数字砸我 吓唬我 糊弄我 |
[06:29] | And here I thought we were working so well together, | 我还一直以为我们合作得挺好 |
[06:31] | and you’re just being manipulative. | 原来你一直在暗中操纵 |
[06:33] | What about you, Cam? | 那你呢 小卡 |
[06:34] | Pitching these crazy, over-the-top ideas | 故意挑那些昂贵不切实际的东西 |
[06:36] | just so you can slip in what you really want. | 那样你就能得到你真正想要的 |
[06:38] | Oh, how dare you accuse me of trojan horsing you. | 你竟然指责我对你实行特洛伊木马战术 |
[06:41] | You have a name for it? | 你这招竟然还起名了 |
[06:43] | No, I mean– | 不是 我是说 |
[06:44] | You know what? I will not stand here | 你知道吗 我才不要站在这里 |
[06:45] | and be accused by the likes of you. | 被你这样的人指责 |
[06:47] | And if there was a door here, missy, | 如果这里有扇门 大小姐 |
[06:48] | I would slam it in your face. | 我非当你面摔门不可 |
[06:50] | I thought we weren’t flaming till the quarter hour! | 我还以为要等15分钟才会”发火”呢 |
[06:57] | Gloria and Manny left me alone with Joe, | 歌洛莉亚和曼尼把我和乔单独留在家里 |
[06:59] | and it was great… for about 20 minutes. | 那非常爽 但也就爽了20分钟左右 |
[07:02] | then the little bugger turned on me. | 然后这小家伙就开始折磨我了 |
[07:03] | I tried everything to calm him down– | 我使劲浑身解数让他安静下来 |
[07:05] | Bouncing. Bottle. | 轻摇他 拿奶瓶喂他 |
[07:07] | Brightly colored objects. | 用亮色的东西逗他 |
[07:09] | Bigger bottle. | 用大瓶酒灌自己 |
[07:11] | So I did the old “put him in the car” trick. | 所以我决定采取”把他扔车里”的老招数 |
[07:13] | But I could still hear him out there. | 不过我还是能听到他在外面哭 |
[07:14] | I’m just kidding. | 我是在开玩笑啦 |
[07:15] | I drove him to his little class, | 我带他去上课 |
[07:17] | but he dozed off right before we got there. | 不过我们还没到那里 他就睡着了 |
[07:19] | Or he took a page from the Jay Pritchett playbook– | 或许他暗中偷学了杰·普里契特的妙招 |
[07:22] | saw the crap he was in for and pretended to be asleep. | 看到即将面对的悲惨处境 就假装睡着了 |
[07:26] | Mr. Pritchett? | 普里契特先生 |
[07:28] | – Yeah. – Rachel Lissy. | -是我 -我是瑞秋·莉兹 |
[07:29] | Claire’s friend from high school, remember? | 克莱尔的高中同学 记得吗 |
[07:31] | How could I forget? | 我怎么可能忘呢 |
[07:32] | You knocked down my mailbox with your k-car. | 你开着你那台小车把我家信箱撞倒了 |
[07:34] | Again, I apologize. | 我再次道歉 |
[07:36] | – How you doin’? – Couldn’t be better. | -你过得怎样 -好得不能再好了 |
[07:38] | I’ve been married for 15 years, | 我都结婚15年了 |
[07:40] | Two great boys over there. | 那两个大男孩是我儿子 |
[07:41] | Cooper! Unhand your brother! | 库珀 放开你弟弟 |
[07:46] | I’m taking them to the James Bond movie, | 我正要带他们去看詹姆斯·邦德电影 |
[07:48] | and they don’t want me to sit with them. | 他们不让我坐在他们旁边 |
[07:52] | I miss babies. | 我真怀念小婴儿 |
[07:53] | Oh, they’re a lot of fun, huh? | 婴儿好玩多了 |
[07:54] | – So nice to see you. – Nice seeing you. | -见到你真高兴 -见到你才叫高兴呢 |
[07:57] | Great kids. | 挺好的孩子 |
[08:01] | Ugh! No, you’re not! | 不 不行 |
[08:03] | Joe, I found a better way for us to bond… | 乔 我找了个更好的方式增进父子感情 |
[08:07] | James Bond. | 詹姆斯·邦德[意译:增进感情] |
[08:11] | My dad taught me everything there is to know about maintaining a home, | 我爸爸教会了我一切关于保修房子的事情 |
[08:14] | and today, that tradition continues. | 今天 这一传统要传承下去 |
[08:16] | Voila! Light bulb changed. | 瞧 灯泡换好了 |
[08:19] | Hey, I have an idea. | 我有个想法 |
[08:22] | Let’s get to know the house, huh? | 我们一起了解下这幢房子 |
[08:24] | Hey, I have an idea– | 我有个想法 |
[08:25] | Let’s lock him in. | 我们把他锁在里面吧 |
[08:27] | Okay. Let’s go over this baby right here. | 快到这个宝贝东西这里来 |
[08:30] | What are we lookin’ at, huh? | 我们看到的是什么 |
[08:31] | Photosynthesis? | 光合作用 |
[08:35] | In a sense, yeah. | 某种意义上来说 是的 |
[08:37] | – Yeah? – Yeah, yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[08:38] | Uh, photosynthesis converts carbon dioxide | 光合作用将二氧化碳 |
[08:41] | into food for plants. | 转化为植物的营养物质 |
[08:42] | This water heater converts cold water into hot. | 热水器将冷水转化成热水 |
[08:46] | What converts this conversation into over? | 什么东西能将我们的对话转成结束状态 |
[08:48] | Girls, you need to learn these things. | 姑娘们 你们得学会这些东西 |
[08:50] | You might find yourselves living alone at some point. | 终有一天你们会独自生活 |
[08:55] | I long for the day. | 我期盼那一天的到来 |
[08:56] | Okay, we’re just gonna start with something really basic, all right? | 我们从一些最基础的开始 好吗 |
[08:58] | I am turning the pilot light off. | 我把指示灯给关了 |
[09:01] | These things go out occasionally. | 这玩意儿偶尔会熄灭 |
[09:02] | – Why? – I don’t know. No one knows. | -为什么 -我不知道 没有人知道 |
[09:04] | Let’s just say gremlins do it. | 就当是小精灵干的好了 |
[09:05] | But if it happens to you, what do you do? | 如果这事发生在你们身上 怎么办 |
[09:08] | – Call a guy. – Or a girl. | -叫个伙计来 -或妹子 |
[09:09] | Oh, my god, we’re literally in a closet, | 天啊 我们真的是在柜子里了[同性恋] |
[09:11] | – and you just said that. – Focus. | -你还那么说 -集中注意力 |
[09:12] | You don’t call anyone. To re-light the pilot, | 你们不需要叫任何人 重新点亮它 |
[09:15] | Turn the valve to “Pilot,” | 把阀转到”控制” |
[09:16] | You press it down to begin the flow of gas, | 按下去 让气流通 |
[09:19] | You wait a few seconds… | 等上那么几秒 |
[09:21] | Where you guys from originally? | 你们是从哪个世界来的啊 |
[09:24] | And you just press the igniter. | 按下点火器 |
[09:26] | There you go. | 好了 |
[09:27] | That’s odd. Why is it not working? | 真是奇怪 怎么不管用了 |
[09:30] | Oh, I got it. | 我知道了 |
[09:31] | Why don’t we just fill it up with hot water from the tap? | 我们何不直接从水龙头里接热水灌进去呢 |
[09:34] | Found another light that’s out. | 又灭了一盏灯[蠢死] |
[09:37] | Claire and I were at a stalemate on the water feature. | 克莱尔和我在水景这事上陷入了僵局 |
[09:40] | So I brought in an experienced professional | 所以我请了一位有经验的专家过来 |
[09:42] | to help break the tie. | 打破这种窘境 |
[09:44] | Pam also happens to be a friend | 帕姆恰好是我的朋友 |
[09:46] | and a fellow gay parent at Lily’s school. | 也是莉莉学校的同性恋家长 |
[09:49] | Am I trying to stack the deck against Claire here? | 我是想在背后做手脚 搞定克莱尔吗 |
[09:52] | No. I would never be so… | 不 我绝不会这么 |
[09:56] | genius. | 天才 |
[10:00] | Oh. Oh, Claire, this is Pam. | 克莱尔 这是帕姆 |
[10:02] | – Pam, Claire. – Oh, hi. Nice to meet you. | -帕姆 这是克莱尔 -很高兴见到你 |
[10:04] | – You, too. – Pam is a licensed contractor. | -你好 -帕姆是有执照的承包商 |
[10:07] | Done a lot of houses. | 装修过很多房子 |
[10:08] | I thought it’d be nice to bring in a third party | 我觉得有第三方在这里挺好的 |
[10:10] | that’s objective, to help settle the fountain dispute. | 会比较客观 帮忙解决喷泉纠纷 |
[10:12] | Oh. Objective, right. | 要客观 是啊 |
[10:14] | Well, my son does go to school with Lily, | 我儿子和莉莉是同学 |
[10:16] | but believe me, that is not gonna sway my decision | 但是相信我 这绝不会比你的美貌 |
[10:18] | any more than the fact that you are beautiful. | 更影响我的决定 |
[10:21] | Thank you. You are, too. | 谢谢 你也很美貌 |
[10:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:25] | Let me grab your cans. | 我来帮你拿”罐子”[胸部] |
[10:26] | Your paint cans. | 你的油漆罐 |
[10:28] | There you go. | 好了 |
[10:29] | So… | 那么 |
[10:37] | Hey, what’s the matter,Joe? | 怎么了呀 乔 |
[10:39] | Hey, that’s a boy. That’s a boy. | 嘿 好小子 乖小子 |
[10:42] | Come here. There you go. | 到这里来 来 |
[10:45] | Here you are. There you go. | 好了 好了 |
[10:47] | There you go. | 好了 |
[10:50] | You know, I’m happy to take him outside until he stops crying. | 我很乐意带他出去 哄他不哭 |
[10:52] | Oh, no, I wouldn’t want you to miss this. | 不不 我不希望你错过这电影 |
[10:53] | It’s fine. Once Daniel Craig put his shirt back on, | 没关系 丹尼尔·克雷格不露肉 |
[10:55] | – I lost interest. – Are you sure? | -我就没兴趣了 -真的吗 |
[10:57] | – Absolutely. – Okay. | -真的 -好吧 |
[10:59] | Here–just go ahead. Attaboy. | 给 去吧 好小子 |
[11:01] | Attaboy. Thank you very much. | 乖小子 谢谢你了 |
[11:03] | I’ll be right outside. | 我就在外面 |
[11:04] | – Okay. – Shh! | -好的 -嘘 |
[11:05] | You shush, Nathan! | 你闭嘴 内森 |
[11:10] | Stupid thing! | 笨东西 |
[11:11] | Dad, we’ve been standing here forever. | 爸 我们站这好久了 |
[11:12] | Can’t we just call the guy? | 就不能直接叫个伙计来修吗 |
[11:14] | No. There is no guy. I’m the guy. | 不 没什么伙计 我就是那个伙计 |
[11:16] | Here’s what I need you to do. Run to the hardware store, | 这是我需要你做的 跑去五金店 |
[11:17] | get me a T6 torx screwdriver. | 买个T6梅花螺丝刀回来 |
[11:20] | – What? – Just ask the guy. | -什么 -就问那伙计 |
[11:21] | I thought there was no guy. | 我以为那没有什么伙计 |
[11:22] | There is one there! | 那有一个 |
[11:23] | – Could be a girl. – Eh? | -也有可能是妹子啊 -喏 |
[11:24] | Just go! | 快去 |
[11:27] | I didn’t need a torx screwdriver. | 我不需要梅花螺丝刀 |
[11:28] | I’ve always wanted one, though. | 不过我一直都想要一个 |
[11:30] | But I needed them out of the house, | 但我需要他们出去 |
[11:32] | so… I could… call… a guy. | 那么 我就可以 找个伙计 |
[11:35] | Dad, help me. | 老爸 帮帮我 |
[11:38] | Are we gonna do that thing again | 我们是又要看你在那儿 |
[11:39] | where you try on different outfits like in “Pretty Woman”? | 像《风月俏佳人》里一样试穿各种衣服吗 |
[11:45] | Saw you sinkin’ some j’s back there, huh? | 我刚看见你很帅地投篮嘛 是吧 |
[11:47] | Box and one. Cover two. | 1盯4联防 掩护俩人 |
[11:50] | Sh-shaq-a-hack? Am I right? | 砍鲨战术 对不对 |
[11:52] | Not even close. | 根本不沾边 |
[11:53] | – What’s up? – Well, word has it | -什么事 -据江湖传闻 |
[11:55] | that you were a pretty good handball player back in the day. | 你曾是一名优秀的手球运动员 |
[11:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:58] | And Neil Armstrong was a “pretty good” trumpet player. | 尼尔·阿姆斯特朗还曾是”优秀”喇叭手呢 |
[12:00] | I see you spent a lot more time on the court | 我发现你在操场上待的时间 |
[12:02] | than you did in the classroom, | 远比在教室长 |
[12:03] | So clearly, I’ve come to the right place. | 所以很明显 我找对人了 |
[12:04] | Look, I need you to teach me everything you know. | 听着 我需要你传授我你全部的球技 |
[12:06] | How come it’s so important? | 为什么这事那么重要 |
[12:08] | Well, there’s this kid, | 有个小孩 |
[12:08] | and he’s been kind of bullying Lily and all her friends. | 他欺负莉莉和她的同学 |
[12:11] | And I tried to teach him. | 我试图教训他 |
[12:12] | I tried to put him in his place on the handball court, | 想让他在手球场上安分点 |
[12:14] | and I lost. | 结果失败了 |
[12:16] | And I-I could just see the disappointment in Lily’s eyes. | 我脑子里都是莉莉失望的眼神 |
[12:19] | Like there’s any emotion in those eyes. | 说得好像她眼睛里有感情一样 |
[12:21] | Are you gonna help me or not? | 你要不要帮我 |
[12:23] | – Okay. – Yes! | -好吧 -太棒了 |
[12:24] | But I need you to give it 105%. | 但我要你付出105%的努力 |
[12:27] | Ah, no. It’s 110%, buddy. | 不 我付出110%的努力 哥们儿 |
[12:28] | That’s impossible. | 那不可能 |
[12:30] | Yes. I think the fountain’s a little pricy. | 是的 喷泉是有些昂贵 |
[12:32] | But you know what? It’s gonna more than make up for itself | 但是 它的重要性简直无法忽视 |
[12:34] | when a family comes in here | 因为当一家人走进房子 |
[12:35] | and falls head over heels in love with this home. | 将被这个家迷得神魂颠倒 |
[12:38] | Okay, that’s a valid point. | 好吧 这点说得好 |
[12:40] | It is a bit of an empty space out there. | 外面确实还有点儿空间 |
[12:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:42] | Well, I mean, I see what you’re saying. | 好吧 我知道你的意思 |
[12:44] | Sorry. It’s hot in here, right? | 不好意思 这里面真热啊 |
[12:46] | Oh, well, you know, that happens to women of a certain age, | 女人到了一定年纪就会出现你这情况 |
[12:48] | Like with my mom. | 我妈就是 |
[12:51] | Are you kidding? What are you, like, 35? | 不会吧 你才多少岁啊 35岁吧 |
[12:53] | What are you, like, an angel sent from heaven? | 你也美丽动人啊 像个天使一样 |
[12:56] | I see what you’re saying. | 我知道你的意思 |
[12:58] | I just feel that we might be pricing ourselves out of the market. | 我觉得这样价格太高 就没人会买了 |
[13:00] | If a family wants to come in here, | 要是有户人家来了 |
[13:02] | and–and build themselves a fountain, | 还想建一个喷泉 |
[13:05] | They can do so themselves. | 他们可以自己建啊 |
[13:07] | That’s true. | 确实啊 |
[13:08] | Um, okay, well, you know, Pam, | 好吧 帕姆 你知道的 |
[13:11] | Um, there are lots of families like…ours… | 有很多像我们这样的家庭 |
[13:14] | Moving to this neighborhood for the schools. | 他们搬过来 是因为这里的学校好 |
[13:17] | P.S., saw Connor’s art project–gorgeous. | 插一句 我看过康纳的艺术作品 太美了 |
[13:21] | Talent runs in the family. | 不愧是才艺世家啊 |
[13:24] | Anyway, I’m just saying I think a family would respond | 总之 我觉得 如果后院做得有趣点儿 |
[13:27] | to having a little drama in the backyard. | 一定会打动人家 |
[13:30] | I think Pam’s made it pretty clear what she likes. Am I right? | 我看帕姆已经把意见说得很清楚了 对吧 |
[13:36] | Oh, no. | 糟了 |
[13:37] | Now my shirt is all see-through. | 我的衣服都是通透的了 |
[13:40] | And so are you. | 你的花招也被看透了 |
[13:41] | Please tell me you are not falling for this. | 你不会被这种”美人计”给迷住了吧 |
[13:44] | I’m not, but I am enjoying this little show tremendously, | 不会 但我看得非常过瘾 |
[13:47] | So thank you. | 所以谢谢啦 |
[13:49] | As for my professional opinion on the fountain, | 话说回来 我从专业角度对喷泉的意见是 |
[13:52] | don’t do it. | 别做了 |
[13:53] | I mean, if you were gonna live here yourself, | 如果是你们自己住的 |
[13:55] | I’d say go for it. But it’s too expensive for a flip. | 那我会赞同 但那东西太贵了 |
[13:58] | Yeah. Yeah. | 就是呀 就是呀 |
[14:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:02] | – Cam? – Fine. | -小卡 -好吧 |
[14:03] | Lesbians. | 该死的拉拉 |
[14:07] | I can’t believe I just went garter shopping with my son. | 我不敢相信我竟然陪亲儿子一起买吊袜带了 |
[14:10] | When you find a better way to keep my socks up, | 如果你有更好的办法让袜子不往下掉 |
[14:11] | let me know. | 告诉我一声 |
[14:13] | Hey, as long as we’re in the mall, | 既然我们都来商城了 |
[14:14] | you wanna stop in the baby class to see Jay and Joe? | 要不去婴儿乐园看看杰和乔吧 |
[14:16] | No. They need this time to make a connection. | 别了 让他俩好好培养感情吧 |
[14:18] | It’s not like mother and son, | 父子关系可不像母子关系 |
[14:19] | that the bond is naturally strong. | 不是生来就那么强烈的 |
[14:22] | Hey, isn’t that Joe over there? | 嘿 那不是乔吗 |
[14:25] | No, that’s some weird baby. | 不 那是别家的小屁孩 |
[14:28] | He’s not perfect like my little Joe. | 他才没我家乔那么完美呢 |
[14:30] | But he’s got the same blanket. | 但他的毯子一模一样呢 |
[14:37] | Gloria. What are you doing here? | 歌洛莉亚 你在这儿干嘛 |
[14:40] | You gave our baby to a stranger?! | 你怎么能把宝宝交给陌生人 |
[14:41] | She’s not a stranger. She’s Claire’s friend. | 她不是陌生人 她是克莱尔的朋友 |
[14:43] | – Shh! – Shut up, Nathan! | -嘘 -闭嘴 内森 |
[14:45] | Gloria! | 歌洛莉亚 |
[14:50] | The gas is on, dad. | 爸 煤气开了 |
[14:51] | I can see the spark from the igniter. | 点火器有火花了 |
[14:52] | I don’t know what it is. | 我不知道那是什么玩意儿 |
[14:53] | That’s your thermocouple. | 那是热电偶 |
[14:55] | You get a little sediment in there | 里面积了沉淀物 |
[14:57] | or some rust, and you’re done for. | 或者是铁锈 就不好用了 |
[14:58] | The thermocouple. Of course. | 原来是热电偶的问题啊 |
[15:00] | Why didn’t I think of that? | 我怎么没想到 |
[15:01] | Thanks, dad. I-I shouldn’t be buggin’ you with this stuff. | 谢啦 爸 这点小事不该打扰你的 |
[15:03] | Are you kiddin’ me? I love to help. | 你开什么玩笑 我最乐于助人了 |
[15:05] | Makes me feel like you still need me. | 让我觉得你还需要我 |
[15:07] | Of course I need you. | 我当然需要你 |
[15:08] | You’re the best when it comes to this. | 你总是这些问题的专家 |
[15:10] | Anything else you need fixin’? | 还有什么要修的吗 |
[15:11] | Yeah, actually, | 有啊 事实上 |
[15:12] | I’ve been havin’ a little trouble with my thumb. | 我的大拇指坏了 |
[15:15] | Oh, the old thumb. That’s simple. | 老伙计啦 那个好修 |
[15:17] | Just push it back in and make that popping sound. | 只要把它摁回去 然后”啵”一声就好了 |
[15:22] | – Oh, yeah, you’re right. – There you go. | -好啦 你这办法好 -修好啦 |
[15:26] | Make sure you tell Claire how pretty she looks tonight. | 今晚记得对克莱尔说她很美 |
[15:29] | A woman needs to hear that. | 女人就爱听这个 |
[15:30] | You do the same with mom. | 你也要对妈说说 |
[15:31] | No, your mom’s a little tired of | 别了 你妈妈厌烦了 |
[15:33] | hearing how pretty Claire is. | 我经常对她说克莱尔很美 |
[15:35] | Good one! | 说得好 |
[15:37] | All right. Love you. | 好吧 爱你哦 |
[15:38] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你哦 |
[15:40] | Dad, we’re home. | 爸 我们回来啦 |
[15:43] | That was the least fun I have ever had shopping ever. | 这真是最无聊的一次购物 |
[15:46] | Here. | 给你 |
[15:48] | Honey, that’s a torque wrench, not a torx screwdriver. | 宝贝 这是扭力扳手 不是十字螺丝刀 |
[15:51] | Okay, you’re just screaming now. | 好吧 你就嚷嚷吧 |
[15:53] | Can’t you just go get it? You’re the best at this stuff. | 你不能自己去买吗 你可是行家啊 |
[15:55] | Yeah, plus the car is doing something funny, | 就是啊 还有 车子也有点儿问题 |
[15:57] | and there’s a light on the dashboard | 而且仪表盘上有个 |
[15:58] | that looks like a little genie lamp. | 像小油灯一样的指示灯亮了 |
[16:00] | My kids are helpless, but maybe that’s okay. | 我家孩子不能自立 但也许那没关系 |
[16:03] | Because years from now when they have their own houses, | 因为多年以后 等他们有了自己的房子 |
[16:05] | they’ll call me on their hologram phones | 他们会用超炫的高科技视频电话打给我 |
[16:06] | and say, “Help me, dad. You’re my only hope.” | 然后说 “老爸救命 只能靠你了” |
[16:09] | And I’ll be the happiest father in Sector 7… | 我就会成为第7区最幸福的老爸 |
[16:12] | or Sector 12, if we’re doing really well. | 或者是第12区 如果我们混得很好的话 |
[16:15] | I don’t know why your mom’s so mad. | 搞不懂你妈怎么这么恼火 |
[16:16] | Maybe it has something to do | 可能是因为 |
[16:17] | with giving your son away to a complete stranger. | 你把宝贝儿子交给陌生人了 |
[16:20] | You’re next. | 接下来就把你送出去 |
[16:21] | And what were you two doing in the mall, anyway? | 话说回来 你俩去商城干嘛 |
[16:23] | I thought you were seeing “Moby Dick.” | 你俩不是去看《大白鲸》吗 |
[16:24] | It was sold out. | 票都卖完了 |
[16:25] | Maybe that’s how you can make it up to her– | 可能你能这样讨好她 |
[16:27] | Take me to the “Moby dick” reading tomorrow. | 明天替她带我去参加《白鲸记》阅读会 |
[16:29] | Nice try. | 想得美 |
[16:30] | Doing something selfless for her other son | 无私地帮助她另一个儿子 |
[16:31] | could make up for your monumental blunder. | 能够弥补你这回犯下的滔天大罪 |
[16:33] | Maybe flowers or jewelry. | 送花和珠宝可能管用 |
[16:35] | I like to throw money at the problem. | 我喜欢用钱来解决问题 |
[16:36] | Hello, pretty lady. | 你好呀 美女 |
[16:37] | What do you wanna do for dinner? | 晚饭想吃什么啊 |
[16:39] | How about we exchange the baby for a cheese pizza? | 不如用宝宝换一张披萨饼吧 |
[16:42] | – Is this about today? – I’ll call for those tickets. | -还在生气吗 -我打电话订票去 |
[16:44] | You were supposed to spend quality time with the baby. | 你本来应该和宝宝共度美好的亲子时光 |
[16:47] | Joe was asleep. | 乔睡着了 |
[16:48] | He didn’t even know he missed the puppet show. | 他根本不知道自己错过了木偶剧 |
[16:50] | It was the baby class! | 那叫”婴儿教学班” |
[16:51] | Okay, call it what you want. | 好 你愿意怎么叫都行 |
[16:52] | I saw a hippie with a frog on his hand. | 我只看到一个嬉皮士手里拿着只青蛙 |
[16:54] | And for your information, | 另外跟你说一声 |
[16:55] | I’m takin’ Manny to that reading tomorrow. | 我明天会带曼尼去那个朗读会 |
[16:57] | Now you’re just trying to dig yourself out of a hole | 你现在只是在想办法给自己解围 |
[16:59] | because you know that you were caught in a lie. | 因为你知道自己的谎言被拆穿了 |
[17:02] | – So here’s something… – Not now, manny. | -有件怪事 -等会儿再说 曼尼 |
[17:04] | Oh, let him talk. | 让他说 |
[17:05] | I called the theater, | 我给剧场打了电话 |
[17:05] | and they have tons of tickets for tomorrow’s show. | 他们说明天的演出还有很多票没卖出去 |
[17:08] | And it turns out today’s show wasn’t sold out, either. | 而且今天的演出门票也没有卖光 |
[17:09] | – Ay, Manny, not now. – Let him talk. | -曼尼 现在不是说这个的时候 -让他说 |
[17:11] | Mom, why’d you say it was sold out? | 妈 你为什么说票卖光了 |
[17:12] | Yeah. Why’d you say it was sold out? | 是啊 你为什么说票卖光了 |
[17:14] | It was a mistake. This is not my first language. | 我搞错了嘛 英语不是我的母语 |
[17:17] | I don’t understand English very goodly. | 我不怎么懂英语滴 |
[17:19] | Don’t play that card. | 别打语言牌 |
[17:20] | You didn’t wanna go any more than I did. | 你跟我一样不想陪他去 |
[17:22] | Fine. I lied, but I earned that lie. | 好吧 我说了谎 但我有资格说谎 |
[17:26] | Ay, Manny, I am so sorry. | 曼尼 我很抱歉 |
[17:28] | But you know that I am always trying to do everything | 但你知道我一直努力为这个家里每个人 |
[17:31] | for everybody in this family. | 尽心尽力 无微不至 |
[17:34] | But you. | 但你呢 |
[17:35] | You only do what’s good for you. | 你只考虑你自己 |
[17:38] | Let me tell you something, Jay Pritchett– | 我告诉你吧 杰·普里契特 |
[17:39] | When it comes to raising kids, | 在抚养孩子这件事上 |
[17:42] | you get what you give. | 种什么 得什么 |
[17:47] | Well, you rattled that off pretty goodly. | 你这英语倒是说得挺好的 |
[17:51] | You don’t have to do this, daddy. | 你没必要这么做的 爸爸 |
[17:53] | I know, but daddy really wants to do this, okay? | 我知道 但爸爸很想这么做 好吗 |
[17:55] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[17:56] | No, what do you think you’re doing, Sadie? | 不行 你想干什么 萨迪 |
[17:57] | No cutsies. Come on. | 不许插队 回去 |
[17:58] | Next. | 下一个 |
[18:00] | Hello, Milo. | 你好 麦洛 |
[18:01] | Hello, one of Lily’s dads. | 你好 莉莉的爸爸之一 |
[18:03] | All right, let’s make this interesting, okay? | 好 我们玩点刺激的吧 好吗 |
[18:04] | If I win, the new rule is this, okay? | 如果我赢 就实行新规矩 好吗 |
[18:07] | No player can play more than three times in a row | 任何选手都不能连续玩三个回合以上 |
[18:09] | without getting back in line | 一定要回去重新排队 |
[18:10] | and letting the other kids play. | 给其他孩子上场的机会 |
[18:12] | – What if I win? – Then I’ll give you $20,000. | -要是我赢呢 -那我就给你两万块 |
[18:14] | – You’re on. – All right. Let’s do this. | -来吧 -好 我们开始 |
[18:20] | Yes! | 好耶 |
[18:22] | One point for me. | 我得一分 |
[18:23] | One point for me. That’s right. | 我得一分 没错 |
[18:26] | Milo, the wall’s over here. | 麦洛 墙在这边呢 |
[18:28] | Nah, nah. Doesn’t count. It was out. | 不行不行 这个不算 出界了 |
[18:31] | Little too high for you, huh? | 太高了你够不着是吧 |
[18:32] | Three bounces to the wall, makes you a lo-ser, | 球弹三次墙壁 你个败寇 |
[18:36] | makes you a lo-ser. | 你个败寇 |
[18:38] | Final point. I get this, I win. | 最后一分 我得到就是我赢 |
[18:41] | Oh, sweet lord jesus. | 老天爷子保佑我 |
[18:45] | Whoo! Yes! Yes! Winner! | 好耶 好耶 我赢了 |
[18:48] | cham-pi-on! Cham-pi-on! | 冠军是我 我是冠军 |
[18:50] | Cam’s gonna be doing drop-offs for a while. | 这阵子得让小卡负责接送莉莉了 |
[18:52] | We got a letter. | 我们收到了警告信 |
[18:56] | I’m sure you’re both wondering | 我相信你们都在琢磨 |
[18:57] | why I summoned you here tonight. | 我为什么今晚召集你们来这里 |
[18:59] | I now present to you the “Wow” factor. | 现在我将呈上让人惊叹的”哇”元素 |
[19:03] | Cam… | 小卡 |
[19:07] | I cannot believe that you went rogue. | 我简直不敢相信你居然擅自做主了 |
[19:10] | Uncool. I am with Claire on this. | 太不够意思了 我支持克莱尔 |
[19:12] | You’ll soon see why. | 你们很快就会明白原因 |
[19:14] | Prepare your senses… | 准备好欣赏… |
[19:16] | for dancing waters. | 会跳舞的水吧 |
[19:21] | – Wow. – Wow. | -哇 -哇 |
[19:22] | Factor. | “哇”之元素 |
[19:23] | Now imagine a prospective buyer, | 现在想象一个潜在买家 |
[19:25] | so entranced by the aqua ballet, | 被这水芭蕾迷得神魂颠倒 |
[19:27] | they’re compelled instantly to make a rich offer. | 于是当即决定花大价钱买下这房子 |
[19:31] | I’ve even stocked the pools | 我甚至还在池子里装满了 |
[19:33] | with fish of gold. | 金子做的鱼 |
[19:35] | They’re just goldfish, | 其实就是金鱼 |
[19:36] | But they’re– they’re right here. | 但它们…它们就在这里 |
[19:40] | This is… this is really impressive, Cam. | 这…这真的很惊艳 小卡 |
[19:42] | What did you spend? | 你花了多少钱 |
[19:43] | Quite a bit, actually, but I don’t wanna get into that. | 实际上 没少花 但我不想说钱的事 |
[19:45] | Let me turn this up to eleventy-five. | 让我把功率提高到”十一十五” |
[19:51] | – Wow. – Wow. | -哇 -哇 |
[19:52] | Factor. | “哇”之元素 |
[19:55] | Hey, Cam, are fish of gold | 小卡 这些金鱼 |
[19:56] | supposed to swim backwards like that? | 这样倒着游正常吗 |
[19:58] | No, not to my knowledge, no. | 不 据我所知 不正常 |
[20:00] | Yeah, it’s kind of like they’re all– | 是哦 它们好像都… |
[20:01] | They’re gathering towards that thing. | 它们都在往那东西上聚集 |
[20:03] | It’s like a– oh, no! | 好像…天呐 |
[20:04] | They are getting sucked out. | 它们都被吸出来了 |
[20:06] | You’re killing them! | 你把小鱼们害死了 |
[20:08] | Claire! Unplug it! | 克莱尔 快把插销拔了 |
[20:10] | It’s half a fish! That’s a half a fish! | 这是半截金鱼 半截金鱼啊 |
[20:12] | There are certain queer times and occasions | 在我们谓之生活的大染缸中 |
[20:14] | in this strange, mixed affair we call life… | 总有些奇怪的时间和场合 |
[20:17] | When a man takes this whole universe | 当一个人把整个世界 |
[20:19] | for a vast practical joke… | 看作一个巨大的笑话 |
[20:23] | Though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns… | 尽管那略显智慧 但他却并未察觉 |
[20:25] | Tick-tick-tick, tick-tick-tick-tick, | 嘀嘀嘀 嘀嘀嘀嘀 |
[20:27] | Goes the dynamite, | 看爷叱诧球场 |
[20:29] | goes the dynamite! | 看爷笑傲江湖 |
[20:30] | And more than suspects that the joke | 他竟然毫不怀疑 那个笑话 |
[20:32] | is at nobody’s expense but his own. | 其实嘲弄的是他自己 而非别人 |
[20:44] | – All right. Close your eyes. – Why? | -好 闭上眼睛 -为什么 |
[20:46] | – Just trust me. – Okay. | -相信我 -好吧 |
[20:49] | Never close your eyes on the court! | 球场上永远不能闭眼 |
[20:51] | – But you told me… – Don’t let me get in your head! | -但你让我闭上 -不能让我影响到你 |
[20:52] | Pop ’em! | 戳破它们 |
[20:53] | Pop ’em all before they hit the ground! Go! | 在泡泡落地前戳破它们 快点 |
[20:56] | I don’t really understand how… | 我不是很明白该怎么戳 |
[20:58] | Make a fist with your thumb on the side. | 握拳 把拇指放在边上 |
[21:00] | Now bring your thumb to the front. | 现在把拇指放到前面 |
[21:01] | Okay, now do it again. | 好 再做一遍 |
[21:03] | You just spelled “Ass” in sign language. | 你刚刚用手语比了”屁股” |
[21:07] | Okay. Close your eyes. | 好 闭上眼睛 |
[21:09] | It’s okay. We’re off the court. | 没事的 我们不在场上了 |
[21:12] | You’re never off the court! | 你永远都在场上 |