时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – I didn’t say anything. – Stop talking. | -我什么都没说 -别说话了 |
[00:05] | That’s talking. | 你这也是在说话 |
[00:06] | You think she’s asleep yet? | 你觉得她睡着了吗 |
[00:07] | I’m on the same side of the door as you are. | 我和你一样都在门外啊 |
[00:08] | – Stop talking. – Cam. | -别说话了 -小卡 |
[00:10] | Lily lost her first tooth today. | 莉莉今天掉了第一颗牙 |
[00:12] | And she’s very excited about the visit from the tooth fairy. | 她现在非常期待牙仙子的到访 |
[00:15] | When I have my first loose tooth, | 我第一次有牙齿松动时 |
[00:17] | my mom tied one end of the string to it, | 我妈将绳子一端系在那颗牙上 |
[00:19] | the other to the tail of a cow | 另一端系在奶牛的尾巴上 |
[00:22] | fired off a 12-gauge shotgun, | 用12号猎枪开了一枪 |
[00:23] | and the cow went running out of the room. | 奶牛跑出了房间 |
[00:25] | That never happened. | 本故事纯属虚构 |
[00:26] | Tell that to the cow-shaped hole in my bedroom wall. | 你去看看我卧室里的奶牛型墙洞再说 |
[00:37] | Gotcha! | 抓住了 |
[00:39] | what are you doing here? | 你们跑我房里来干嘛 |
[00:40] | You’re not the tooth fairy. | 你们又不是牙仙子 |
[00:42] | N-no. But we just wanted to see if she’d come yet. | 不 我们就是想来看看她来了没 |
[00:45] | No. She sure is taking her sweet time. | 没呢 看来她真的一点都不着急 |
[00:48] | – Maybe you should just go back to sleep, sweetie. – Yeah. | -也许你该继续睡觉 亲爱的 -对 |
[00:49] | ’cause it could take a while. | 因为可能还要再等一会儿 |
[00:52] | I’ve got nowhere to be. | 我时间多的是 |
[01:08] | Mom, I can’t be late today. | 妈 我今天不能迟到 |
[01:09] | Sanjay Patel and I are dissecting a pig. | 桑杰·帕特尔和我要解剖一头猪 |
[01:10] | So sad what passes for a date in your life. | 你这辈子所谓的约会真可悲啊 |
[01:12] | – Haley. – He keeps asking me to hand him all of the instruments. | -海莉 -他老是让我拿工具给他 |
[01:15] | He wants me to act like a nurse. | 他想让我扮演护士的角色 |
[01:17] | Now it sounds like a date in Haley’s life. | 那听起来像是海莉的约会 |
[01:19] | Okay, before you say no… | 在你说”不行”之前 |
[01:21] | – No. – You haven’t even seen it yet. | -不行 -你连看都没看呢 |
[01:22] | Mm, I’m sticking with “No.” | 我还是要说不行 |
[01:23] | It’s for Luke’s Career Day. | 这是为卢克的职业日准备的 |
[01:24] | I thought I’d offer the kids a chance | 我想我可以让孩子们尝试 |
[01:25] | to put their face on my body. | 把脸放在我的身体上 |
[01:27] | I just heard it, too. | 我也刚意识到很变态 |
[01:29] | How come you guys never had a Career Day? | 你们怎么从来没办过职业日 |
[01:31] | – Cutbacks. – Nor’easter. | -经费削减 -东北大风暴停课 |
[01:33] | Today I get to talk about the love of my life… | 今天我要讲述我的一生挚爱 |
[01:37] | residential real estate. | 住宅房地产 |
[01:38] | He really doesn’t hear it. | 他真是意识不到自己在说什么 |
[01:40] | I wanna make Luke proud. | 我要让卢克感到骄傲 |
[01:41] | I wanna be his hero like my dad was | 我要成为他的英雄 |
[01:42] | when he talked to my class | 就像以前我父亲向我的同学们 |
[01:43] | about running a grocery store. | 讲述开杂货店的故事时那样 |
[01:45] | He came in with two price guns in holsters | 他拿着两把带皮套的价格标枪进屋 |
[01:47] | and marked our teacher at $1.29 | 在我们的老师还没反应过来时 |
[01:49] | before she knew what hit her. | 给她打了个1.29刀的标签 |
[01:51] | I bet that produced a lot of laughs. | 我敢说那肯定”很好笑” |
[01:53] | Claire, please. | 克莱尔 拜托 |
[01:55] | And Olivia Berman’s mom | 奥利维亚·伯曼的妈妈 |
[01:56] | works in the rare books department at the library. | 在图书馆的珍本书部工作 |
[01:59] | Hope I get a chance to pick that brain. | 真希望我有机会去向她讨教讨教 |
[02:00] | Looks like you got quite the Career Day lineup. | 看来你们的职业日已经排得满满当当了 |
[02:02] | So I guess they already got a closet guy coming in, huh? | 我猜他们已经邀请到搞衣柜的人了吧 |
[02:05] | No. I didn’t think you’d wanna do it. | 没有 我以为你不想参加 |
[02:07] | I don’t, but you know, I just feel bad for the kids. | 我不想 但是 我只是为孩子们感到遗憾 |
[02:09] | A lot of interesting stories in the closet biz. | 衣柜这行有很多有趣的事情 |
[02:11] | Oh. Why have you never told us any? | 你怎么从来没跟我们讲过 |
[02:13] | Okay. Well, for example, there was this guy… | 好吧 比如曾经有个家伙 |
[02:17] | – must have had over a hundred hats… – Yes? | -有100多顶帽子 -然后呢 |
[02:19] | And we had to fit them in the closet. | 我们得想办法把那些帽子都放进衣柜里 |
[02:22] | Okay? | 然后呢 |
[02:24] | And we did. | 我们做到了 |
[02:27] | All right. Maybe it’s not the most exciting career in the world, | 好吧 也许这不是世上最刺激的职业 |
[02:29] | but it pays the bills. | 但这真的很挣钱 |
[02:30] | No one is complaining. | 没人嫌弃 |
[02:31] | Were there other things I’d rather do? Yes. | 要问我想不想干别的事情 想啊 |
[02:33] | – But I had to make ends meet. – What other things? | -但我得维持生计 -别的什么事情 |
[02:35] | Well, I always wanted to write thrillers. | 我一直想写惊悚小说 |
[02:37] | – Like that hat story? – Spy thrillers. | -比如那个帽子的故事吗 -间谍惊悚小说 |
[02:40] | I’ve been kicking around this character, | 我已经仔细考虑过主角的身份了 |
[02:41] | CIA agent Chuck Stone, who doesn’t care | 中情局探员查克·斯通 他毫不在意 |
[02:43] | how much his antics annoy the brass in Arlington. | 自己的古怪行为会惹恼阿灵顿的高层们 |
[02:46] | Why didn’t you ever try it? | 你为什么不写写看 |
[02:47] | I was busy with work and family. | 我一直忙于工作和家庭 |
[02:49] | I was gonna start writing after my divorce, | 我本打算离婚后开始写 |
[02:51] | But you know… life got in the way. | 但是被生活琐事妨碍了 |
[02:53] | Why do you point at me when you say “Life”? | 你说生活琐事的时候为什么指着我 |
[02:55] | Am I “Life”? | 我是生活琐事吗 |
[02:56] | I meant you keep my busy. | 我是说你让我忙碌了起来 |
[02:57] | You had a 3-hour nap on Sunday. | 你周日睡了3个小时午觉 |
[02:59] | – I was tired. From what? | -我很累 -为什么累 |
[03:01] | Your 2-hour nap on Saturday? | 因为周六睡了两个小时午觉吗 |
[03:03] | Jay, I’ve been with you for five years, | 杰 我跟你在一起5年了 |
[03:05] | and I’ve never heard you mention anything about writing. | 可从没听你说过什么写书的事 |
[03:08] | Hey. I bought a typewriter. | 我买了台打字机 |
[03:10] | A typewriter? | 打字机 |
[03:12] | When is your book signing? | 你的签售会安排在什么时候 |
[03:14] | 1975? | 1975年吗 |
[03:16] | It’s a hell of a character. | 我的小说人物非常可怕 |
[03:17] | They taught him how to kill, | 他们教他如何杀人 |
[03:19] | but he never learned to love! | 但他从没学过如何去爱 |
[03:21] | No, no, no, no, no. Wait, wait. Okay. | 不不不 等等 等等 |
[03:23] | Daddies! Daddies! The tooth fairy came. | 爸爸 爸爸 牙仙子来过了 |
[03:25] | – What? No way! – Oh, that’s so exciting! | -什么 不是吧 -真叫人激动 |
[03:29] | What’d she bring you? | 她给你带了什么 |
[03:33] | Oh! Fairy dust. Nice touch. | 仙尘啊 真不错 |
[03:35] | Oh, my gosh, it’s a lot. | 天呐 太多了 |
[03:37] | Some stickers… | 还有贴纸 |
[03:40] | A toothbrush… | 一把牙刷 |
[03:43] | And a hundred dollar bill! | 还有一张百元大钞 |
[03:44] | – What? Okay. – Look at that. | -什么 -快瞧瞧 |
[03:47] | I love the tooth fairy. | 我爱牙仙子 |
[03:48] | The tooth fairy gave our daughter $100. | 牙仙子给我们家女儿100美元呢 |
[03:51] | Does she not know that the going rate for a tooth is $5 at the most? | 她不知道一颗牙的市场价格顶多5美元吗 |
[03:55] | Well, obviously, the tooth fairy made a mistake. | 显然 牙仙子搞错了 |
[03:57] | Maybe it’s ’cause the tooth fairy | 可能是因为牙仙子 |
[03:58] | had a little too much chardonnay last night. | 昨晚喝了太多夏敦埃酒 |
[03:59] | I think the tooth fairy can handle the chardonnay. | 我觉得牙仙子能扛得住夏敦埃酒 |
[04:01] | What I don’t think she can handle | 但她恐怕无法接受 |
[04:02] | is criticizing someone who made an honest mistake | 批评别人在漆黑的夜里 |
[04:05] | in the dark of the night. | 所犯下的无心之过 |
[04:06] | I’m gonna put this in my clutch. | 我要把它放进我的小手包里 |
[04:07] | I can’t wait to tell everyone at school! | 我等不及要告诉学校里的每个人了 |
[04:11] | Okay, we cannot be the parents of a 6-year-old | 听着 我们做父母的可不能冒充牙仙 |
[04:14] | who gets $100 from the tooth fairy. | 给6岁的女儿一张百元大钞 |
[04:16] | It’s bad enough we’re the parents of a 6-year-old with a clutch. | 我们的孩子才6岁就有手包已经够离谱了 |
[04:19] | You know, that bag transitions from day to night seamlessly, | 那个包从早到晚都可以用 |
[04:22] | and I no longer have to carry crayons in my front pocket. | 而且我不用再在口袋里装蜡笔了 |
[04:24] | Can’t have this argument again! | 不要再争这个了 |
[04:27] | Thank you, Dr. Ann, | 安医生 谢谢你 |
[04:28] | for showing us how exciting and surprising | 向我们展示了真实的心理辅导 |
[04:30] | a real live therapy session can be. | 多么令人激动和惊喜 |
[04:33] | I will hold on to this card. | 我会收好这张名片的 |
[04:35] | Next up, we have Luke’s dad, Mr. Dunphy. | 接下来 有请卢克的爸爸 邓菲先生 |
[04:38] | Hey. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:42] | Guess what? | 你们猜怎么着 |
[04:42] | I’ve been in your house when you weren’t home. | 你不在家的时候我去过你家 |
[04:44] | And yours. And yours. | 还有你家 你家也去过 |
[04:48] | No, I’m not a burglar. I’m a realtor. | 不 我不是小偷 我是房地产经纪人 |
[04:51] | Ho! Hey, sorry I’m late! | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[04:53] | I just sold another mansion. | 我刚刚又卖出去一座豪宅 |
[04:56] | How you doin’, honey? | 你好吗 亲爱的 |
[04:57] | History is full of great rivalries– | 历史充满了激烈的竞争 |
[04:59] | Athens and Sparta, Kerrigan and Harding, | 雅典与斯巴达 凯瑞甘与哈丁 |
[05:01] | Phil Dunphy and Gil Thorpe. | 菲尔·邓菲和格尔·索普 |
[05:03] | In this scenario, he’s the Tonya, I’m the Nancy. | 现在这种局面 他是汤娅 我是南希 |
[05:07] | Pay attention, kids. | 注意了 孩子们 |
[05:08] | You’re about to hear from the number four realtor in town. | 即将演讲的是镇上排名第4的地产经纪人 |
[05:13] | Anyway, uh, I’m not gonna bore you guys with a lecture. | 无论如何 我不打算做无聊的演讲 |
[05:16] | Instead, I’d like you to watch | 相反 我想让你们看看 |
[05:18] | as I converse with a young man | 我和一个年轻人之间的对话 |
[05:19] | who’s wondering what to do with his life. | 他正在思考自己的人生目标 |
[05:24] | Hey, kid. | 孩子你好 |
[05:25] | Hey, kid, up here! Up here! | 孩子 看这里 看这里 |
[05:28] | Yo, dude! Whassup? | 老兄 什么事 |
[05:30] | I’ll tell you what’s up. | 我来告诉你什么事 |
[05:31] | I’m interested in helping you | 我想帮助你 |
[05:33] | by telling you all about a career in real estate. | 给你讲讲在房地产界打拼的事情 |
[05:35] | Real estate? Isn’t that just buying and selling houses? | 房地产 不就是买房子和卖房子吗 |
[05:38] | I don’t have time for that. Epic fail. | 我没空搞那个 太没用了 |
[05:42] | Sounds like we need to start at the beginning. | 看来我们得从头讲起了 |
[05:43] | You see, real estate is about people. | 你看 房地产这行的重点就是人 |
[05:49] | People? | 人 |
[05:49] | Couldn’t agree more, Phil. Best part of our job | 你说得太对了菲尔 我们这份工作 |
[05:52] | is putting the right person in the right home. | 最大的妙处就是让对的人住进对的家 |
[05:53] | – Gil… – Matter of fact, last week, | -格尔 -实际上 就在上周 |
[05:55] | I put a “Spanish” Couple into | 我让一对”西班牙”夫妇住进了 |
[05:56] | – a Spanish home. – Gil. | -西班牙式的房子 -格尔 |
[05:58] | A world without houses? That’s cray cray. | 一个没有房子的世界 那真是太疯狂了 |
[06:00] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[06:00] | Phil, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to screw up your little show. | 菲尔对不起 我不是故意搞砸你的表演 |
[06:02] | I know timing is critical on these things. | 我知道这种表演把握好时间最重要 |
[06:04] | – Gil, please. – Believe me, the last thing I want to do is… | -拜托格尔 -相信我 我最不想 |
[06:05] | You sold a house to the channel 7 weatherman? | 7频道天气预报员的房子是你卖给他的吗 |
[06:09] | No. No. | 不 不是 |
[06:11] | But I did sell one to Kobe Bryant. | 但科比·布莱恩特有套房子是我卖给他的 |
[06:12] | What?! Guess what? He’s not talking to you. He’s talking to me. | 什么 他不是在跟你说话 是跟我 |
[06:15] | And I have a very funny story, actually. | 其实我有个很好笑的故事要讲 |
[06:17] | – A guy walks into… No. – That’s hilarious. | -有个人走进…不 -太好笑了 |
[06:20] | No! I haven’t told it! | 不 我还没讲呢 |
[06:22] | Okay, um… Oh! | 好吧 对了 |
[06:25] | Great throw. You were right. | 好球 你说得对 |
[06:28] | – It is in my court. – Ball’s in your court! | -确实该看我的了 -就看你的了 |
[06:29] | But guess what– it was me the whole time. | 但你们猜怎么着 其实一直都是我 |
[06:34] | What?! | 怎样 |
[06:35] | Come on, kids, come on. | 快点孩子们 快点 |
[06:36] | Give it up! Give it up! He tried. | 鼓起掌来 鼓起来 他尽力了 |
[06:40] | I think we all know what you were going for, Phil. | 我想我们都明白你的意思 菲尔 |
[06:42] | But I’m lookin’ out here, and I’m seeing some hungry kids. | 不过我看到有几个孩子饿了 |
[06:45] | Am I right? That’s why I brought plenty of… | 我说对了没 所以我才买了这么多的 |
[06:47] | Gil pickles! | 格尔腌黄瓜 |
[06:48] | Who wants a Gil pickle? | 谁想来个格尔腌黄瓜 |
[06:49] | Come on. Let me see ’em. | 来吧 我看都有谁 |
[06:50] | All right. Come on. Grab one. | 好的 来吧 来拿吧 |
[06:52] | Gil pickles. | 格尔腌黄瓜 |
[06:54] | Genius. | 太有才了 |
[06:55] | So much better than my Phil-low cases. | 比我的菲尔枕套强多了 |
[06:58] | Claire wasn’t a fan. | 克莱尔都不喜欢 |
[07:00] | One of him in bed is more than enough. | 床上有一个他已经足够了 |
[07:03] | Do you hear that, ladies? | 听到了吗 女士们 |
[07:09] | All right. Just hit “Send.” | 好了 点击”发送”键 |
[07:11] | Hey! You just sold a house! | 你刚刚卖出了一幢房子 |
[07:13] | And you’re gonna be chasing that high for the rest of your life. | 而那就是你余生要追求的高目标 |
[07:16] | Give her a round of applause, everybody. | 大家给她鼓鼓掌吧 |
[07:17] | She just sold a house. | 她刚刚卖出了一幢房子 |
[07:19] | I wanna thank you kids for having me here today. | 孩子们 感谢你们今天请我来 |
[07:21] | And remember the three rules of real estate– | 请记住房地产这一行的三大准则 |
[07:24] | Thorpe, Thorpe, Thorpe! | 索普 索普 索普 |
[07:26] | Thank you, Mr. Thorpe. | 谢谢你 索普先生 |
[07:28] | It turns out we have a little extra time. | 看来我们还剩下一些时间 |
[07:30] | – Uh, Mrs. Dunphy? – Yes? | -邓菲太太 -怎么了 |
[07:31] | I’m sure the class would love to hear from you. | 同学们一定想听听你的工作 |
[07:34] | Oh, no. I just came in to help my husband. | 不 我只是过来给我老公帮忙的 |
[07:36] | I’m a… I’m a stay-at-home mom. | 我是个全职主妇 |
[07:37] | I know. And that’s a very important job. | 我知道 那也是个很重要的职业 |
[07:39] | It is. Uh, yeah. | 没错 好吧 |
[07:41] | I can–I can do this for a minute. | 我可以 我可以讲一讲 |
[07:44] | Um, stay-at-home mom. | 全职主妇 |
[07:46] | Uh, what that means is I actually have | 那就意味着 我实际上 |
[07:48] | a whole bunch of different jobs. | 要做好几项不同的工作 |
[07:49] | I am a chauffeur, a chef, | 我既是司机 也是厨师 |
[07:51] | Uh, a house manager, | 还是管家 |
[07:53] | – A nurse. – Is it what you always wanted to do? | -护士 -这是你小时候的理想吗 |
[07:56] | No. Not exactly. | 不 不算吧 |
[07:58] | Uh, I went to college, uh, to study marketing | 我上过大学 学的是市场营销 |
[08:01] | and worked at one of those big hotel companies. | 还在一家大型酒店企业工作过 |
[08:03] | But when my kids came along, | 但自从我有了孩子 |
[08:04] | I just wanted to be there. | 我就想在家照顾他们 |
[08:06] | You know, wipe their noses and change their diapers | 给他们擦鼻涕 给他们换尿布 |
[08:10] | And tuck ’em in at night. | 夜里给他们盖好被子 |
[08:11] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[08:12] | For the record, I do all my own wiping. | 郑重声明 我擦什么都是自己擦的 |
[08:14] | So why haven’t you gone back to work? | 那你为什么不重返职场呢 |
[08:16] | I’ve done a few things lately. I just redid a house, | 我最近做了很多事 我整修了一幢房子 |
[08:19] | and I ran for city council last year. | 去年还参选了市政议员 |
[08:21] | You’re on the city council? | 你现在是市政议员吗 |
[08:22] | No. I-I didn’t win. | 不 我没当上 |
[08:24] | – You lost? – That’s what “Didn’t win” means. | -你输了 -不是说了”没当上”吗 |
[08:26] | I… I thought I would be going back to work | 我本来想等孩子们长大些 |
[08:28] | when the kids got older, | 就回去工作 |
[08:29] | But it–it’s not as easy as you might think. | 不过 这事没有你们想的那么简单 |
[08:32] | You know, people aren’t exactly lining up | 要知道 一个年近40的女人 |
[08:34] | to hire a woman who’s almost 40 | 在职场上并不抢手 |
[08:35] | and has been out of the job market for 15 years. | 何况我都15年没有工作了 |
[08:37] | I thought you were 42. | 我记得你已经42岁了 |
[08:39] | That’s almost 40, Luke. | 42和40很接近 卢克 |
[08:40] | My mom went back to work when I was 4. | 我4岁时我妈妈就回去工作了 |
[08:42] | Oh, so there was no one at home to teach you not to interrupt? | 所以你家才没有人教你不要打断别人说话 |
[08:44] | Okay. Hey, hey, hey! | 好了 好了 |
[08:45] | Let me tell you something. | 我来告诉你们吧 |
[08:47] | Stay-at-home moms are heroes. | 全职妈妈们都是英雄 |
[08:49] | – Yeah. – They’re the backbone of this country. | -没错 -她们是这个国家的栋梁 |
[08:51] | Thanks, Gil. | 谢了 格尔 |
[08:51] | I mean, if I had to do that job, | 如果非要我做那样的工作 |
[08:52] | I’d probably drink myself to death, honestly. | 我大概早把自己喝死了 真的 |
[08:55] | All right, let’s give her a round of applause, everybody. | 好了 我们给她一些掌声吧 |
[08:57] | Come on. | 来嘛 |
[08:58] | Oh, come on, you can do better than that. Let me hear ya! | 来嘛 把手拍响点儿 让我听见 |
[09:00] | All right! All right! | 很好 很好 |
[09:02] | All right, class dismissed. Get out of here! | 好了 下课了 都走吧 |
[09:03] | No! | 不 |
[09:05] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[09:06] | We have… Guys, we have three more hours. | 还有 同学们 还有3个小时才结束 |
[09:11] | – Here. – My old typewriter. | -给 -我的旧打字机 |
[09:13] | You said you want to write. Write. | 你不是说你想写作吗 写吧 |
[09:15] | Now? I’ve got a busy day. | 现在吗 我今天很忙 |
[09:17] | I already called your office | 我已经给你办公室打过电话了 |
[09:19] | And told them that you can’t come in | 告诉他们 你今天不会去公司 |
[09:20] | to walk around for 20 minutes | 乱晃上20分钟 |
[09:21] | saying to everyone, “What’s up, sport?” | 跟每个人说 “怎么样 小子” |
[09:24] | I know this is your subtle little way | 我明白 你暗含的意思是 |
[09:26] | of saying you don’t think I can do it. | 你觉得我写不出东西 |
[09:27] | No. It’s life getting out of the way. | 不 我是让生活琐事为你让路 |
[09:30] | Fine. I’m gonna take you up on your little challenge, | 好吧 我这就接受你的小小挑战 |
[09:32] | but you should know this– | 不过你要知道 |
[09:33] | this behavior of yours is not gonna fly | 等你人老珠黄那天 你这种行为 |
[09:35] | when you lose your looks. | 就不会得逞了 |
[09:38] | You’re gonna be long gone by then. | 到那时你都死好久了 |
[09:46] | – Dunphy. – Yeah? Oh. | -邓菲 -有事吗 |
[09:48] | – You okay? – I’m fine. I’m fine. | -你还好吗 -我很好 我很好 |
[09:50] | Don’t let that little smart-ass bother you, all right. | 别因为那个自作聪明的小屁孩烦心 |
[09:52] | Have you seen her mother? Does not age well. | 你见过她妈妈没有 人老珠黄憔悴损 |
[09:55] | well, um, thanks for rescuing me in there. | 谢谢你帮我解围 |
[09:58] | And tell Phil I’m sorry | 顺便帮我跟菲尔说声抱歉吧 |
[09:59] | if I threw him off in there. | 我刚刚可能让他难堪了 |
[10:00] | I probably should learn just to keep my big blowhole shut. | 我真是应该学着管好自己的大嘴巴 |
[10:02] | Actually, it went a little better than it did in rehearsal, | 其实那已经比他排练时好很多了 |
[10:05] | to be honest. | 说真的 |
[10:06] | – But I will tell him what you said. – All right. | -不过我会向他转达 -好 |
[10:08] | You know, your little meltdown in there got me thinking. | 你刚才略为抓狂的表现让我想起些事情 |
[10:10] | I’m building a retail office development, | 我正在开发一处零售和办公区 |
[10:12] | and I could use a liaison | 因此我需要有人 |
[10:13] | to work with the planning commission. | 负责联络规划委员会 |
[10:16] | Are you offering me a job? | 你是要雇用我吗 |
[10:17] | Well, yeah. You know people in city hall, | 是的 你认识市政厅的人 |
[10:19] | and you did a hell of a job on that flip. | 而且你炒房也炒得很不错 |
[10:21] | And for the safety of you and your family, | 为了你和你家人的安全 |
[10:22] | I gotta get you out of that house. | 我得让你从家里出来 |
[10:24] | But you and Phil are competitors. It– | 可你和菲尔是竞争对手 |
[10:26] | Not on this. | 这事没竞争 |
[10:27] | Look, if this works out, everybody’s gonna win… | 听我说 这事要成了 对大家都好 |
[10:29] | Except for that tropical fish store we’re booting out of there. | 除了我们要赶走的那家热带鱼店 |
[10:32] | I don’t feel bad about that at all. | 我对此一点罪恶感都没有 |
[10:33] | Can I take a couple of days to think about it? | 你能让我回去想几天吗 |
[10:35] | – Yeah. Yeah. Take your time. No pressure. – Okay. | -没问题 慢慢想 不着急 -好 |
[10:37] | And when you’re ready, just give me a call. | 你想好了 就给我个电话 |
[10:39] | – Okay. – Number’s on the stick. | -好的 -木棒上有我电话 |
[10:40] | Great. Oh, yeah. Okay. Gil pickle. | 好的 格尔腌黄瓜 |
[10:43] | See ya! Thorpe! Thorpe! Thorpe! | 回见 索普 索普 索普 |
[10:44] | Thorpe. Thorpe. Thorpe. | 索普 索普 索普 |
[10:48] | Look what just came in the mail– | 猜我在信箱里发现了什么 |
[10:50] | A letter addressed to you, Lily. | 莉莉 是寄给你的信 |
[10:53] | Really? I don’t get much mail. | 是吗 很少有人寄信给我 |
[10:55] | Oh, let’s see here. | 我们看看 |
[10:56] | Uh, yeah. Oh, the tooth fairy. | 是牙仙子寄来的 |
[10:58] | “1 Tooth Fairy Lane. Tooth City, Tooth Dakota.” | 牙达科他州 牙市 牙仙子街1号 |
[11:04] | I hope it’s another $100. | 希望她又送我100美元 |
[11:06] | Ooh! Well, lookie there. | 我们看看是什么 |
[11:07] | Glitter! | 金粉闪闪啊 |
[11:08] | I guess the tooth fairy doesn’t have to worry about vacuuming. | 估计这牙仙子从来不用扫地吧 |
[11:11] | See, “Dear Lily, I’m writing because I made a mistake” | 亲爱的莉莉 我来信是因为我犯了错 |
[11:15] | “and gave you too much money.” | 给了你太多的钱 |
[11:17] | “Please leave the $100 under your pillow tonight,” | 请你今晚把那100美元放在枕头下 |
[11:21] | “and I’ll give you a dollar. | 我会给你1美元 |
[11:22] | Sorry if that bites.” | 抱歉让你伤心了[咬到你] |
[11:25] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[11:28] | I can’t read. | 我不识字 |
[11:30] | Uh, well, it sounds like she’s really in a jam. | 听起来她真的很烦恼 |
[11:32] | And I think we’re gonna | 我觉得 我们必须 |
[11:34] | have to give the tooth fairy her $100 back. | 把那100美元还给牙仙子 |
[11:36] | No! I wanna keep it. | 不行 我想留着 |
[11:41] | I’m scared that she’s gonna be the one | 想到要靠她给我们养老 |
[11:42] | – taking care of us when we’re older. – Yeah. | -就觉得好可怕 -是啊 |
[11:46] | “Chuck Stone,” | 查克·斯通 |
[11:47] | “6-foot, 3-inches of steely eyed determination” | 身高6英尺 火眼晶晶坚韧不拔的硬汉 |
[11:50] | “sat at the interrogation table.” | 坐在审讯桌前 |
[11:54] | “His mind was a blank…” | 他的脑海一片空白 |
[11:56] | “A complete blank. | 空空如也 |
[12:00] | “He literally could not think of one single, solitary thing. | 他一件实在的事情都想不出来 |
[12:03] | “Then he noticed a spot.” | 这时 他发现了一块污渍 |
[12:06] | “It looked like syrup left over from breakfast…” | 像是早餐时滴落的糖浆 |
[12:10] | “Which made him realize it was lunchtime.” | 这让他想起来 该吃午饭了 |
[12:11] | “A bacon, lettuce, and tomato, sandwich–“ | 他吃了块培根生菜番茄三明治 |
[12:13] | “Or B.L.T, as Chuck Stone called it– | 查克·斯通管它叫”培生番” |
[12:16] | “would really hit the spot.” | 这顿饭正和他胃口 |
[12:18] | “The secret, chuck realized, was real mayonnaise…” | 查克发现 这美味的诀窍在于蛋黄酱 |
[12:21] | “Not that healthy crap his wife kept buying for their son.” | 而不是他老婆平时买给儿子的健康食品 |
[12:23] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[12:24] | “I mean, what’s the point of t-t-t-t-t-t-t?” | 一大串T到底是什么意思 |
[12:28] | “Tea for two. Two for tea.” | 你和我 共饮茶 |
[12:31] | It only gets worse from here. | 之后写的就更加不堪入目了 |
[12:33] | You can’t be serious! | 你开什么玩笑 |
[12:34] | Gil Thorpe is my nemesis! | 格尔·索普是我的死对头 |
[12:37] | I hate to break it to you, Phil, | 菲尔 我不想打击你 |
[12:38] | but you’re not Batman. | 但你不是蝙蝠侠 |
[12:39] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[12:39] | Gil’s a snake and he’s found the perfect way to mess with me. | 格尔非常阴险 他是利用你来对付我 |
[12:42] | Did it ever occur to you that he was hiring me because of… | 你就从来没想过也许他想雇我是因为 |
[12:45] | I don’t know? Me. | 不知道 我很能干 |
[12:46] | Are you kidding? What’s your last name?! | 你开什么玩笑 你到底是谁的老婆 |
[12:48] | Right now? | 现在还真难说 |
[12:50] | I’m sorry, Claire. | 对不起 克莱尔 |
[12:51] | I-I hate to do this, but I have to use my veto. | 我也不想 但我要行使我的否决权 |
[12:54] | Veto? Oh, you don’t get any vetoes. | 否决权 你才没有什么否决权 |
[12:56] | You veto me all the time. | 你总是否决我 |
[12:57] | ‘Cause you have dumb ideas. | 因为你的想法都太蠢了 |
[12:59] | Name one. | 你倒是举个例子听听 |
[13:00] | That went on for a while. | 她说了好久 |
[13:02] | …And let’s not forget shower snacks. | 还有在浴室里存零食的主意 |
[13:05] | I can’t be the only one who gets hungry in there! | 不可能只有我会洗澡洗得肚子饿 |
[13:13] | Hey, Jay. My mom said you were writing a book. | 杰 我妈说你在写书 |
[13:15] | That’s fantastic. | 真是帅呆了啊 |
[13:17] | By the way, Career Day was a little weird. | 顺便提一句 今天的职业日有点奇怪 |
[13:19] | I think Claire’s going through some pretty dark stuff, | 我觉得克莱尔最近心情不好 |
[13:22] | – and you might want to check… – Enough chitchat. | -你也许该去关心一下 -别闲聊了 |
[13:23] | I’ve gotta get a character out of a bind. | 我正想办法让我的主角走出困境呢 |
[13:25] | Ooh. What did he do? | 他怎么了 |
[13:26] | He told his wife he could write a book. | 他跟他老婆说 他能写本书 |
[13:28] | Don’t give up, Jay. Self-doubt is part of the process. | 别放弃 杰 自我怀疑是个必经过程 |
[13:31] | You can’t be a good writer | 如果你不自我批判 |
[13:32] | without being critical of your own work. | 你就成不了一个好作家 |
[13:37] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:39] | I’m racking my brain for a compliment here. | 我实在想不出好话来鼓励你 |
[13:41] | I know. It stinks. | 我知道 写得烂透了 |
[13:42] | And your mom’s gonna rub it in my face pretty good. | 这回要让你妈看笑话了 |
[13:44] | Okay. Why is Chuck Stone interrogating this guy? | 好 查克·斯通为什么要审问这个人 |
[13:47] | He needs the codes. If he doesn’t get ’em, | 他需要知道密码 否则的话 |
[13:49] | the International Space Station’s gonna | 国际空间站就会 |
[13:51] | crash into Times Square on New Year’s Eve. | 在除夕夜坠落在时代广场 |
[13:52] | So he’s short of time. | 所以他时间无多了 |
[13:53] | He’s got about two minutes. He’s desperate. | 他只剩两分钟 他走投无路了 |
[13:55] | How about this? | 这样如何 |
[13:57] | “Chuck Stone smiled and lit a cigarette,” | 查克·斯通笑了笑 点燃一支烟 |
[14:00] | “as if he had all the time in the world,” | 仿佛他还有大把的时间 |
[14:02] | when in fact, the world was about to end.” | 然而其实 地球快要毁灭了 |
[14:04] | Holy crap. What happens next? | 精彩啊 然后呢然后呢 |
[14:06] | Move over. I’ll type. | 你让开 我来写 |
[14:15] | Some coffee would be great. Thanks. | 给我来点咖啡吧 谢谢 |
[14:21] | I’m sorry. I don’t understand why | 抱歉 但我不明白为什么 |
[14:22] | we don’t just go in there, | 我们不能直接走进去 |
[14:23] | we tell her we’re taking the money, and that’s that. | 告诉她我们要把钱拿走 就完事了 |
[14:25] | Because this is a teaching moment, | 因为这是个教育孩子的机会 |
[14:26] | and we want her to want to give the money back. | 我们得引导她自愿把钱交出来 |
[14:28] | I’m just really worried | 我只是非常担心 |
[14:29] | we’re becoming those overindulgent parents right now. | 我们要成为过分放纵孩子的家长了 |
[14:32] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[14:33] | Okay, you ready, tooth fairy? | 好 牙仙子 你准备好了吗 |
[14:34] | – Let’s do this. – All right. | -行动吧 -好吧 |
[14:44] | Lily, look who came to say hi! | 莉莉 看谁来了 |
[14:47] | It’s me, the tooth fairy. | 是我 牙仙子 |
[14:50] | And I’ve come to ask you for a favor! | 我来是想请你帮个忙 |
[14:53] | Are you really the tooth fairy? | 你真的是牙仙子吗 |
[14:55] | Oh, yes, I am. Look at my wings! | 是的 看我的翅膀 |
[14:58] | Can you fly? I wanna see you fly. | 你会飞吗 我想看你飞 |
[15:01] | Well, I can’t right now because… | 我现在飞不了 因为… |
[15:05] | Well, because– | 因为… |
[15:07] | Because the tooth fairy’s too sad to fly… | 因为牙仙子太伤心了 |
[15:10] | Because she made a mistake that only you can make better. | 因为她犯了错 只有你能帮她解决 |
[15:13] | Is this about the money again? | 又是因为那钱吗 |
[15:16] | Well, yes, it is. | 是的 没错 |
[15:17] | I need enough for all the other children’s tooths. | 我还得留着钱给别的小盆友呢 |
[15:21] | – Teeth. – Wait a minute. | -小朋友 -慢着 |
[15:23] | You’re not the tooth fairy. You’re Haley. | 你不是牙仙子 你是海莉 |
[15:26] | No! I am the tooth fairy! | 不 我是牙仙子 |
[15:28] | Look! Fairy dust! | 看 我有仙女金粉 |
[15:30] | And there’s that glitter. | 金粉又得辛苦我扫地了 |
[15:32] | Why did you lie? | 你们为什么撒谎 |
[15:32] | You said lying was wrong. | 你们说过撒谎是不对的 |
[15:34] | We also said that when someone is in trouble, you help them. | 我们也说过 要帮助遇到困难的人 |
[15:38] | How do I know you weren’t lying? | 我怎么知道你们不是在骗我 |
[15:40] | She is good. | 她太聪明了 |
[15:41] | All right, Lily, this is ridiculous. | 好吧莉莉 不胡闹了 |
[15:43] | All right, the tooth fairy has made a mistake. | 牙仙子犯了个错 |
[15:45] | You need to put the $100 under the pillow, | 你必须把那100美元放到枕头下 |
[15:47] | and that is the end of the story. | 就这样 没得商量 |
[15:48] | Because you believe it’s the right thing to do… | 因为你觉得这样做是对的 |
[15:50] | – Yes. – Don’t you? | -没错 -对吧 |
[15:52] | But I wanna buy a scooter. | 可是我想买滑板车 |
[15:53] | Oh. That’s what I’d do. | 换我也会这么做 |
[15:56] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[15:57] | Who cares what Santa thinks, right? | 管他圣诞老人怎么想呢 |
[16:00] | Santa? | 圣诞老人 |
[16:02] | Well, he sees everything, | 对啊 他全都看在眼里 |
[16:04] | And this’ll probably put you on the “Naughty” list. | 这事恐怕会让他把你放进坏孩子名单 |
[16:06] | But who needs presents every year? | 可你根本不必每年等他来给你送礼物 |
[16:09] | You’ve got a hundred dollars. | 因为你自己都有100美元了 |
[16:12] | You can ride around that empty christmas tree | 你可以骑着滑板车在空空的圣诞树下 |
[16:14] | until you’re an old lady. | 晃悠到变成老太太为止 |
[16:16] | Can I have some time to think about it? | 可以给我些时间考虑下吗 |
[16:18] | – You don’t need any… – Of course, sweetie. | -你不需要时间 -当然可以 宝贝 |
[16:20] | Yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[16:24] | Haley? Okay, that was brilliant. | 海莉 这招太高了 |
[16:26] | Thanks. Oh, also, can I borrow this? | 多谢 这身行头可以借我吗 |
[16:28] | – Why? – I’d rather not say. | -为什么 -我还是不说的好 |
[16:31] | You know, after I put on the wig, | 我戴上假发后 |
[16:33] | I just… I felt like the character. | 可以感觉到融入角色了 |
[16:36] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[16:37] | Yell-o? | 侬好哇 |
[16:38] | Quick question. Am I talking to live Phil or video Phil? | 问一下 这是真正的菲尔还是视频菲尔 |
[16:42] | What do you want, Gil? | 你想干嘛 格尔 |
[16:42] | I just wanna make sure it’s okay that your wife calls me “Boss.” | 只想确定下你不介意你老婆叫我”大老板” |
[16:45] | – Good-bye. – Oh, hold on! Hold on! | -再见 -慢着 别挂 |
[16:47] | I’m just messing with ya. | 我逗你玩儿呢 |
[16:48] | Although I do think | 但我的确认为 |
[16:49] | your wife’s gonna enjoy being under me. | 你老婆会很享受在我”下面”办事 |
[16:51] | My son is in the car. | 我儿子在车里 |
[16:52] | Hey, superstar! What’s up? | 大明星 还好吗 |
[16:54] | Listen, any time you wanna swing by the beach house, | 听着 任何时候你想来海边别墅 |
[16:56] | I’ll be glad to show you how to throw a tight spiral | 我都很乐意教你如何扔橄榄回旋球 |
[16:58] | like I did at Texas Tech. Booyah! | 就像我当年在德州理工那样 好耶 |
[17:00] | – Tommy! – He already knows how to throw. | -汤米 -他已经会扔了 |
[17:02] | – Yeah, my gay uncle Cam taught me. – I-I got this. | -我的同志舅夫小卡教我了 -让我来 |
[17:05] | This was between us. You don’t bring family into it. | 这是我们的恩怨 不能把家人扯进来 |
[17:07] | Low blow getting Claire’s hopes up. | 让克莱尔空欢喜一场 你真是卑鄙 |
[17:09] | Hey, I’m not getting her hopes up. | 我没有让她空欢喜一场 |
[17:10] | This is a real job with real bennies– | 这是有着真正好处的真正工作 |
[17:12] | One of which is | 其中一项好处就是 |
[17:13] | I get to tell you what I’m thinking | 任何时候她俯身在我桌前 |
[17:15] | whenever she leans over my desk! | 我都可以告诉你我的想法 |
[17:18] | Oh, I’m gonna have so much fun with this! | 这下我真是要开心死了 |
[17:21] | Later, Dunph-bags! | 回见了 小邓邓 |
[17:23] | What a jerk. | 真是个混蛋 |
[17:24] | You know what? We’re gonna tell your mom | 知道吗 得在你妈妈 |
[17:25] | before she goes into business with this guy. | 答应与他合作前 告诉她 |
[17:27] | He’s Gil-ty of being a Thorpe in my side. | 他真是”格”犹如”索普在背”的烦人精 |
[17:31] | Trying too hard. | 太刻意了 |
[17:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:35] | Hello! | 我回来了 |
[17:36] | Move! | 闪一边去 |
[17:37] | You’re fine. | 你没事 |
[17:40] | So? | 怎么样 |
[17:42] | How was your first day of writing? | 第一天写作如何啊 |
[17:44] | Gloria, shh! Let me finish one thought. | 歌洛莉亚 安静 让我写完最后一句 |
[17:48] | Got it. | 好了 |
[17:49] | So you actually wrote something? | 你真的写出了东西吗 |
[17:51] | Well, it was slow going at first, | 开始比较不顺 |
[17:52] | but then the juices started flowing. | 然后就文思如泉涌了 |
[17:54] | – May I? – Sure. | -我能看看吗 -当然 |
[17:55] | Uh, if it helps, picture Tom Berenger. | 如果有帮助的话 把主角意淫成汤姆·贝伦杰 |
[17:57] | I always do. | 我总是意淫着别人 |
[18:04] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:05] | Well, it’s just this… | 只是 |
[18:06] | This first sentence is a bit long. | 第一句有点长啊 |
[18:08] | Long or dynamic? | 是长还是生动形象 |
[18:10] | No, long and confusing. I can’t tell who’s talking. | 又长又令人迷惑 我分不清是谁在说话 |
[18:13] | Maybe that’s just to mimic The Fog of Battle. | 也许这是模仿《战争迷雾》 |
[18:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:19] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[18:21] | Just… There were no cell phones in 1965. | 只是 1965年时没有手机 |
[18:24] | That’s a mistake. I’m changing that. | 那是个错误 我会改的 |
[18:26] | You can’t change that. It comes back in the end… | 不能改 结尾又会出现 |
[18:28] | I-I presume. | 我猜想的 |
[18:29] | The point is, I can write. | 重点是 我可以写作 |
[18:31] | I probably won’t pursue it, | 我可能不会以此为业 |
[18:32] | but it’s a viable career option. | 但这是可行的职业选择 |
[18:34] | The CIA had all sorts of top-secret technology. | 中情局有着各种顶级机密的高科技 |
[18:37] | Who’s to say they didn’t have cell phones? | 你怎么知道他们当时没有手机 |
[18:39] | Manny, let it go. | 曼尼 算了 |
[18:40] | And this Chuck Stone– | 这个查克·斯通 |
[18:42] | He doesn’t seem very good at his job. | 似乎不太擅长他的工作啊 |
[18:45] | He’s flawed. That’s what makes the character interesting. | 他有缺点 这样角色才会有趣 |
[18:47] | If you want someone perfect, put in a robot. | 如果你要完美的 用机器人好了 |
[18:50] | A robot! | 机器人 |
[18:51] | I like a robot. | 我喜欢机器人 |
[18:52] | No! You’re not putting a robot in my story! | 不 我的故事中不能有机器人 |
[18:55] | That’s right, my story. | 没错 这是我写的 |
[19:00] | You must be very happy. | 你肯定开心死了 |
[19:01] | I would be, but life got in the way. | 我本该开心的 但生活妨碍了我开心 |
[19:09] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[19:10] | Oh, I just got out my old briefcase. | 找出了我以前的公文包 |
[19:12] | It’s still capable of doing the job, | 还是可以重返职场的 |
[19:14] | Just like me. | 和我一样 |
[19:15] | Claire, you have to understand something. | 克莱尔 有些事你得知道 |
[19:16] | You have to understand something. | 有些事你得知道 |
[19:17] | I walked around all day on cloud nine | 我整天都沉浸在幸福之中 |
[19:19] | because somebody valued me. | 因为有人赏识我的价值 |
[19:21] | I value you. We all value you. | 我赏识你的价值 我们都如此 |
[19:23] | No, of course you do, | 你们当然赏识 |
[19:25] | Because I cook and I clean and I pick up dirty underwear. | 因为我做饭 打扫 收拾脏内衣 |
[19:28] | No, honey, it’s different than that. | 亲爱的 这个不一样 |
[19:29] | I have been on the sidelines for so long, | 我已经做旁观者很多年了 |
[19:32] | I didn’t know if anybody would ever think | 我不知道是否还会有人认为 |
[19:33] | I have what it takes again. | 我有能力重新工作 |
[19:35] | I know Gil’s not the greatest guy, | 我知道格尔不是什么好人 |
[19:37] | But this is important. And I think– | 但这很重要 我想 |
[19:39] | I think you should take the job. | 我想你应该接受这份工作 |
[19:41] | But, dad… | 但是 爸 |
[19:42] | No, Luke. She’s right. | 不 卢克 你妈说得对 |
[19:44] | Your mom’s gonna be amazing at this. | 她会非常出色的 |
[19:51] | – I retract my veto. – You never had a veto. | -我收回否决权 -你从未有过否决权 |
[19:53] | – Yes, I did. – No, you didn’t, and I’ll tell you why. | -我有 -你没有 我告诉你为什么 |
[19:55] | And that went on for a while. | 她又说了好久 |
[19:58] | …And lastly, this whole conversation would be happening | 最后 这番对话就会发生在 |
[20:00] | – in a yurt. – It’s the perfect structure. | -圆顶帐篷中 -那是完美的结构 |
[20:02] | I have to go take the shoulder pads out of all my old suits! | 我得把旧西装里的垫肩都拿掉 |
[20:06] | You know he’s gonna keep teasing you. | 你知道他会继续取笑你吧 |
[20:08] | If it makes your mom happy, I can handle a few phone calls. | 只要你妈妈开心 我能承受几个电话 |
[20:13] | And texts. | 还有短信 |
[20:15] | – What does it say? – Nothing I can’t handle. | -说了什么 -没什么我不能承受的 |
[20:19] | “We all weave a web of lies.” | “我们都在编织着谎言之网 |
[20:24] | “Some we tell to try to help the ones we love.” | 有些谎言 是为了帮助所爱的人 |
[20:32] | “Some we tell to try to fool ourselves.” | 有些谎言 是为了欺骗自己” |
[20:37] | “And some we tell because, | “有些谎言 是因为 |
[20:38] | when you’re out of bullets | 当子弹用尽 |
[20:39] | and staring down the barrel of a kalashnikov, | 凝视着冲锋枪的枪管时 |
[20:42] | the only weapon you’ve got left is guile.” | 剩下的武器只有 诡计” |
[20:45] | She’s nuts. That’s fantastic. | 你妈妈太不识货了 这棒极了 |
[20:52] | Okay, guys, bring it in! | 孩子们 快过来 |
[20:54] | Let’s get this place shipshape before she gets home. | 在妈妈回家前 我们要把家里收拾干净 |
[20:55] | I’m sure she had a big first day. | 我肯定她第一天上班很辛苦 |
[20:57] | Haley, I’m putting you on laundry. | 海莉 你负责洗衣服 |
[20:59] | Alex, kitchen and vacuum. | 艾丽克斯 收拾厨房与吸尘 |
[21:00] | Luke, you’re cleaning the bathroom. | 卢克 你清洁厕所 |
[21:02] | Why me? | 为什么是我 |
[21:02] | Because you always mess it up. | 因为弄脏的人总是你 |
[21:04] | Yeah, why can’t you pee straight? | 你为什么不能尿在马桶里呢 |
[21:06] | Hey, I’m doing a great job from that far back. | 站得那么远 我已经很不错了 |
[21:08] | Okay, guys, team Dunphy on three. | 好了孩子们 邓菲队数到三加油 |
[21:10] | One, two–that’s right, we got a lot to do! | 一 二 对了 有许多事要做 |
[21:14] | Honey, what are you doing home so early? | 亲爱的 你怎么这么早就回来了 |
[21:16] | I quit. That man is a complete pig. | 我辞职了 那家伙是头彻头彻尾的猪 |
[21:18] | He treated me like a servant | 他把我当仆人一样使唤 |
[21:20] | and showed me absolutely no respect. | 完全不尊重我 |
[21:22] | I’m so sorry. You deserve better than that. | 太遗憾了 你不该受到那样的待遇 |
[21:23] | I do. | 的确是 |
[21:26] | So what’s for dinner? | 晚饭吃什么 |
[21:28] | I feel like you heard me wrong. I said, what’s for dinner? | 你是不是听错了 我是说你晚饭想吃什么 |
[21:30] | I heard you! | 我听得很清楚 |