时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | We got some bad news yesterday. | 我们昨天得知了一个坏消息 |
[00:03] | Phil’s mom died. | 菲尔的妈妈去世了 |
[00:05] | It wasn’t unexpected. | 倒也不是意料之外 |
[00:07] | He was with her. | 菲尔陪在她身边 |
[00:08] | And she went very peacefully and asleep. | 她在睡梦中平静地走了 |
[00:10] | She and I had a special connection. | 我跟她有种特殊的感情 |
[00:12] | We all did. | 我们都有 |
[00:13] | But mostly me. | 但主要是我 |
[00:14] | She said I was just like her. | 她说我和她很像 |
[00:16] | What? Is she weirdly competitive too? | 怎么 她也争强好胜到古怪的地步吗 |
[00:18] | The whole family is going down to Florida tomorrow | 明天全家人都要去佛罗里达 |
[00:21] | to be with Phil for the service. | 陪菲尔参加葬礼 |
[00:22] | Such a relieve. | 真是莫大的安慰 |
[00:24] | I can feel how much he needs me right now. | 我能感觉到他现在是多么需要我 |
[00:28] | There they are. | 终于来了 |
[00:30] | Hey, guys. | 小家伙们好啊 |
[00:33] | Oh, you brought my nap pillow. | 你把我的护颈枕都带来了 |
[00:34] | I missed you so much. | 我好想你啊 |
[00:37] | Phil, I’m so sorry. | 菲尔 我真遗憾 |
[00:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[00:40] | Grace was such a kind and whimsical soul. | 格蕾丝是个善良又古怪的女人 |
[00:43] | The different animals she put antlers on for christmas cards– | 她给动物戴鹿角拍照片做成的圣诞贺卡 |
[00:46] | Inspired. | 太有创见了 |
[00:47] | Not a single one was photoshopped. | 每张都是实拍 绝无PS伪造 |
[00:48] | Not even the alligator? | 鳄鱼的也是吗 |
[00:49] | Cost her the tip of her pinkie, | 害她被咬掉了小拇指尖 |
[00:51] | but she had no regrets. | 但她无怨无悔 |
[00:53] | I’m so glad you guys are here. | 你们能来我真的很高兴 |
[00:54] | I hope it wasn’t too hard to get away from work. | 希望请假没有让你为难 |
[00:56] | No. Please, anything for family. | 不会 拜托 为家人做任何事都可以 |
[00:58] | Anything to get me out of that office. | 能离开办公室 让我做任何事都可以 |
[01:00] | It’s all boring paperwork and endless meetings. | 无聊的文件 开不完的会 |
[01:04] | Honestly, this funeral could not have come at a better time. | 说真的 这场葬礼来得太是时候了 |
[01:06] | Aw, that’s sweet. You should put that on the flowers. | 真会说话 你该把这句话写在花签上 |
[01:10] | Gloria, you must be so hot in that. | 歌洛莉亚 穿成这样一定很热吧 |
[01:12] | I am in mourning. | 我这是服丧 |
[01:13] | In Columbia, we take death very seriously. | 在哥伦比亚 丧礼是很严肃的事情 |
[01:15] | Where don’t they? | 在哪儿不是呢 |
[01:16] | Can we lose the veil? | 能把面纱摘了吗 |
[01:17] | Nobody’s looking for you, Gloria. | 没有人要抓你 歌洛莉亚 |
[01:18] | Who is Gloria? | 谁是歌洛莉亚 |
[01:20] | I am a wanted woman in Florida. | 我在佛罗里达被通缉 |
[01:23] | I used to live there, and when I left, | 我曾在那里居住过 我离开时 |
[01:25] | my roommate made our apartment into a house of prostitution, | 我的室友把我们的公寓改造成了妓院 |
[01:29] | and my name was still on the lease. | 而那时租约上留的还是我的名字 |
[01:31] | It’s like a traffic ticket. | 其实就跟个交通罚单差不多 |
[01:32] | You walk into court, pay a fine, it’s done. | 去趟法院 交个罚款 就完事儿了 |
[01:34] | Quick and easy. | “快速”又”简单” |
[01:35] | Yes, that was the name of the whorehouse. | 是啊 那家妓院就叫这名字 |
[01:38] | Mitchell, can you go with her to court? | 米奇尔 你能陪她上法院吗 |
[01:39] | She’s gonna need some sort of lawyer. | 她需要个像样点的律师 |
[01:41] | Uh, you know, Jay, Mitchell is so burnt out right now. | 杰 米奇尔现在真是疲惫不堪 |
[01:43] | He is in desperate need of a break. | 他十分需要休息 |
[01:45] | Bench warrants are a no-brainer. And, I mean, come on. | 法院传票不用脑子也能应付 拜托 |
[01:47] | Does Gloria really look like the kind of woman | 歌洛莉亚看起来像那种 |
[01:49] | who would run a brothel? | 开妓院的女人吗 |
[01:53] | – Yeah, I better go with her. – You should go. | -我还是陪她去吧 -你还是去吧 |
[01:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[02:08] | There they are! | 你们来了 |
[02:11] | Oh, you look beautiful. Hi, claire. | 你真美 你好 克莱尔 |
[02:12] | How are you holding on, hmm? | 你还好吗 |
[02:13] | Oh, well, you know… | 还好吧 |
[02:14] | We’re getting through it. Huh, dad? | 我们会挺过去的 对吧 老爸 |
[02:16] | Ah. I’m doing okay. A little trouble sleeping. | 我现在还好 就是有点失眠 |
[02:18] | I’m so used to her snoring, | 我习惯她的鼾声了 |
[02:19] | I may have to borrow the neighbor’s bulldog. | 我可能得借一下邻居的牛头犬了 |
[02:23] | Morning, Charlotte! | 早上好 夏洛特 |
[02:24] | This is my family from California! | 这是我从加州来的亲戚们 |
[02:27] | I can tell. They all look like movie stars. | 看得出来 看起来都跟电影明星似的 |
[02:30] | Ah. Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:31] | That’s nuts. I know that woman, | 真奇怪 我认识那女人 |
[02:32] | but I have no idea from where. | 但忘了在哪儿认识的 |
[02:34] | Yeah. This place is full of stories like that. | 是啊 这地方充满了这样的故事 |
[02:38] | Good morning, Mr. Dunphy, visitors. | 早上好 邓菲先生 客人们 |
[02:40] | Please, Shelley, call me Frank. | 拜托 雪莉 叫我弗兰克就好了 |
[02:41] | No, sir. | 不 先生 |
[02:42] | That might be the way they do things at Whistling Pines, | 可能”呼啸松”那边会这么称呼业主 |
[02:44] | But we run a tight ship here at Leisure Park. | 但我们”休闲园”的管理很规范严谨 |
[02:46] | As per your request, I have reserved | 根据你的要求 我预订了 |
[02:48] | the lakeside promenade this evening for one hour, | 今晚的湖滨广场 时间为一小时 |
[02:50] | Beginning at 5:00 p.m., for your memorial service. | 从下午5点开始 供您开追悼会 |
[02:52] | May I remind you that there’s no smoking on the grounds, | 顺便提醒您 广场上不能吸烟 |
[02:54] | no glass near the lake, no feeding the ducks? | 湖边不能带玻璃制品 不能喂鸭子 |
[02:56] | And I’m sorry for your loss. | 请您节哀顺变 |
[02:57] | – Thank you. – No feeding the ducks. | -谢谢 -不能喂鸭子 |
[02:59] | What are you looking at me for? | 你盯着我干什么 |
[03:09] | I love it here– | 我真喜欢这里 |
[03:11] | manicured lawns, | 修剪平整的草坪 |
[03:12] | planned activities, early dinners. | 活动计划周详 晚餐及时 |
[03:14] | What more does a kid need? | 一个孩子还能要求什么呢 |
[03:15] | Oh, yeah. And everyone’s so polite and considerate– | 是啊 每个人都这么有礼貌又体贴 |
[03:17] | Nothing like the constant catfights in my circle, | 不像基圈里那些无休止的明争暗斗 |
[03:19] | where every week, | 每一周 |
[03:20] | somebody’s mad at somebody for god knows who what, | 都有人会莫名其妙地生另一个人的气 |
[03:22] | and I’m always thrown into the middle. | 而我总是被卷入其中 |
[03:24] | You seem tense. You know, they have a steam room. | 你好像很焦躁 他们这里有蒸汽房 |
[03:26] | Wanna join me for a schvitz? | 要跟我一起出出汗吗 |
[03:27] | Please, it’s Florida. | 拜托 这里可是佛罗里达 |
[03:28] | If I wanna sweat more, I’ll just move my arms. | 我想流汗的话 只要动动胳膊就行了 |
[03:30] | You go have fun. | 你去享受吧 |
[03:32] | Hey, you. | 嘿 你 |
[03:33] | Are you liking that book? | 你喜欢那本书吗 |
[03:34] | Well, it’s not the worst thing I’ve picked up at an airport, | 虽然这不是我在机场买过的最差劲的东西 |
[03:36] | but close. | 但也差不多了 |
[03:38] | What is this, | 这是什么情况 |
[03:39] | a book club or a Miss America Pageant? | 是读书会还是选美大会啊 |
[03:43] | We’re looking for our next book. | 我们在找下一本要读的书 |
[03:44] | Oh, what are you reading now? | 你们现在读的是什么书 |
[03:45] | “Tempted by her innocent kiss.” | 《无辜香吻之诱惑》 |
[03:47] | I-I’m sure you don’t know it. | 你一定没听说过 |
[03:48] | Oh, please. Devon Carter was Ashley’s first, | 拜托 达文·卡特是艾希莉的第一个男人 |
[03:51] | she wants their passion to last, | 她希望他们能激情永驻 |
[03:53] | but her hopes of true love are crushed when she finds out | 可当她发现他们的婚姻只是父亲的 |
[03:55] | their marriage is just another one of daddy’s business deals. | 另一笔交易 她对于真爱的幻想破灭了 |
[03:58] | I’m gay. | 我可是同性恋 |
[03:59] | Oh! My grandson is gay. | 我孙子也是同性恋 |
[04:01] | His name is Daniel Schulman. Uh, do you know him? | 他叫丹尼尔·舒曼 你认识吗 |
[04:04] | Oh! Is he about this tall, dark hair, | 他是不是这么高 深色头发 |
[04:06] | circumcised? | 割过包皮 |
[04:08] | Terrible. | 你真坏 |
[04:10] | Don’t be nervous, all right? | 不要紧张 好吗 |
[04:11] | I’ll explain your situation. | 我会把你的情况说清楚 |
[04:12] | We’ll have you out of here in no time. | 很快就能离开这里了 |
[04:13] | 30 days in county jail. | 县监狱关押30天 |
[04:17] | – What? – Ooh, she’s tough. | -什么 -她好强硬 |
[04:19] | Next. | 下一个 |
[04:21] | Anita Menchaca. Petty theft. | 安妮塔·曼查卡 偷窃 |
[04:25] | Mister, you’re a lawyer? | 先生 您是律师吗 |
[04:26] | Help me, please. | 帮帮我 拜托了 |
[04:27] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m her lawyer. | 不好意思 我是她的律师 |
[04:28] | No, no, help her, so this will go faster. | 不不 帮帮她 这样能进行得快一些 |
[04:32] | And she reminds me of my abuela, | 而且她让我想起了我外婆 |
[04:33] | with her head scarf and her petty theft charges. | 她也带这样的头巾 也曾偷窃 |
[04:37] | Here, your honor. | 在这里 法官阁下 |
[04:38] | I’m mitchell pritchett, attorney to miss Manchego. | 我是米奇尔·普里契特 “曼查勾”小姐的律师 |
[04:40] | – Menchaca. – Ah, yeah… | -是曼查卡 -好的 |
[04:42] | Are you ready to enter a plea? | 你们准备好辩诉了吗 |
[04:43] | Absolutely. | 当然准备好了 |
[04:44] | I see no reason why this matter should | 我认为这种事件完全没有理由 |
[04:46] | take up any more of the court’s valuable time. | 占用更多贵法庭宝贵的时间了 |
[04:48] | Not guilty, your honor. | 无罪 法官大人 |
[04:49] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:52] | Gonna need a minute. | 我需要点时间准备一下 |
[04:58] | Look what my dad just gave me. | 看我爸给了我什么 |
[05:01] | Please tell me that’s not your mom. | 拜托你告诉我盒子里装的不是你妈 |
[05:02] | No, no. She picked out her own urn. | 不是 她已经给自己选好骨灰罐了 |
[05:05] | My dad keeps saying | 我爸一直都说 |
[05:05] | it’s a size too small but she squeezed into it. | 那罐子小一码 不过她还是挤进去了 |
[05:08] | No, this is stuff she left for the kids. | 这些东西是她留给孩子们的 |
[05:11] | – Can I… open it? – Yeah. | -我能打开吗 -能啊 |
[05:14] | Wow. There’s a note for you. | 里面有张纸条是给你的 |
[05:16] | I can’t read it. | 我不敢看 |
[05:18] | – Okay. – Would you? | -好吧 -你来好吗 |
[05:18] | All right. | 好的 |
[05:23] | “Dear phil, | “亲爱的菲尔 |
[05:24] | you’ve always been the most wonderful son, | 你一直都是最棒的儿子 |
[05:26] | and now I need you to do one last thing for me.” | 而我现在需要你为我做最后一件事” |
[05:29] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[05:29] | She’s gonna ask me to throw her ashes in the pope’s face. | 她一定是让我把她的骨灰泼到牧师脸上 |
[05:34] | “Don’t say anything to your father | “不要告诉你父亲 |
[05:35] | because he’ll just resist, | 因为他一定会反对 |
[05:37] | but there’s a woman named Annie Fitzsimmons | 但是有一位名叫安妮·菲茨曼斯的女士 |
[05:39] | who lives a few streets over. | 她就住在几条街外 |
[05:40] | We don’t know her very well, but I’ve always admired her, | 我们和她并不太熟 但我一向很欣赏她 |
[05:43] | and I think she’d be perfect for your dad. | 我觉得她会和你父亲很般配 |
[05:45] | So before you go home, | 因此 在你回家前 |
[05:47] | I want you to fix him up with her.” | 我希望你能撮合他们” |
[05:48] | That is crazy! | 这太疯狂了 |
[05:49] | “I know this sounds crazy, | “我知道这听起来很疯狂 |
[05:51] | but single men are in short supply here. | 但这里的单身男士很紧俏 |
[05:53] | And a lot of scheming harpies will swoop in | 会有一群工于心计的狐狸精 |
[05:54] | before your father knows what hit him. | 在你父亲尚未察觉的情况下蜂拥而至 |
[05:56] | I love Frank, | 我爱弗兰克 |
[05:57] | but he’ll follow anything with a casserole.” | 但任何会做饭的女人都能牵着他鼻子走” |
[05:59] | I don’t believe this. | 我真觉得难以置信 |
[06:01] | It’s too soon, | 这也太快了 |
[06:01] | and my dad’s not a cartoon bear. | 何况我爸又不是动画片里的熊熊 |
[06:03] | He’s perfectly capable of making intelligent decisions. | 他有足够的能力作出理智的判断 |
[06:05] | Hey, guys? I made cookies. | 爸妈 我做了饼干 |
[06:07] | Oh, good. I thought that was a neighbor. | 太好了 我还以为是邻居家做的 |
[06:15] | Hey, kids, your grandma left each of you something. | 孩子们 奶奶给你们每个人留了些东西 |
[06:17] | Cool! Rockports! | 太棒了 是乐步鞋 |
[06:19] | It’s just the box. | 只是用了鞋盒子而已 |
[06:22] | oh, my god. There’s a letter. | 我的天 有一封信 |
[06:24] | I don’t know if I’m ready for this. | 我觉得我还没做好心理准备 |
[06:25] | Although if grandma wrote it, | 尽管如果这是奶奶写的 |
[06:26] | she must have sensed I was ready. | 她一定事先感觉到我已经准备好了 |
[06:27] | Because you had such a bond? | 因为你俩有特殊的感情纽带吗 |
[06:29] | You felt it, too? | 你也感觉到了吗 |
[06:30] | Haley, why don’t you tell us what yours says? | 海莉 跟我们说说你那封信的内容 |
[06:31] | Well, it’s so sweet. | 写得真贴心 |
[06:32] | It’s about how beautiful I am inside and– | 是关于我的内在是多么美丽 还有 |
[06:35] | Score! Jewelry | 帅啊 首饰 |
[06:37] | Check it out! | 快来看 |
[06:38] | Oh, look at that. | 看看 |
[06:39] | Your grandma loved pocket watches. | 你奶奶可喜欢怀表了 |
[06:41] | Aw! She said they made a man look dignified. | 她说过怀表让人看起来很高贵 |
[06:42] | Is this chain in case you swallow it? | 这条链子是为了防止有人吞下它吗 |
[06:44] | No, but suddenly I’m glad it’s there. | 不是 但我突然好庆幸有这条链子 |
[06:46] | – A lighter? – Huh. What does the note say? | -打火机 -信里怎么说 |
[06:51] | “This is a lighter.” | “这是一个打火机” |
[06:53] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[06:54] | How much clearer could she have been? | 你还要她说得多清楚呢 |
[06:56] | I wouldn’t read too much into it. | 我觉得你不要想太多了 |
[06:57] | Your grandma loved you very much. | 奶奶一直很爱你们 |
[06:59] | She just did a couple of bizarre things towards the end. | 她只是在生命最后做了些奇怪的事情 |
[07:02] | Here, Alex, I can help you out with that. | 艾丽克斯 我可以帮你 |
[07:05] | You are getting very sleepy. | 你现在很困很困想睡觉 |
[07:07] | A crappy old lighter is not a sucky gift. | 破烂旧打火机并不是个很糟的礼物 |
[07:10] | Honey, hey, hey. So you’re not gonna do what your mom asked? | 亲爱的 你不打算完成你妈妈的遗嘱吗 |
[07:13] | Marry off my dad to a complete stranger | 在她葬礼这天把我爸 |
[07:15] | on the day of her funeral? I think not. | 许配给一个陌生人吗 我想不会 |
[07:17] | It was her last wish. | 这可是她的遗愿 |
[07:18] | When my dad is ready, | 等我爸准备好了 |
[07:19] | he gets to pick his own girlfriend. | 他会去挑他喜欢的女友 |
[07:21] | That’s the big upside to your wife dying. | 这可是妻子去世的一大好处 |
[07:24] | Also, not having to think before you speak. | 再就是 以后说话不用脑子也没事了 |
[07:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:28] | Your honor, it all boils down to this. | 法官阁下 这一切都归结于此 |
[07:30] | The motel owes Miss Menchengo– | 这家旅馆欠”曼查勾”小姐的 |
[07:32] | – Menchaca. – Damn it. Every time. | -曼查卡 -该死 每次都错 |
[07:34] | more in wages than she ever could’ve taken | 薪水高于她拿走的 |
[07:36] | in soaps and tiny shampoos. | 香皂和超小瓶洗发水的价值 |
[07:38] | Fine. Case dismissed. | 好吧 案件驳回 |
[07:40] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[07:42] | Oh! Gracias! Muchas gracias! | 谢谢 太谢谢了 |
[07:44] | – De nada. De nada. – Muchas gracias. | -不客气 不客气 -太谢谢了 |
[07:45] | Did you see that? I won! | 看见没 我胜诉了 |
[07:47] | – I-I can’t believe it! – Yeah. | -真是不敢相信 -看到了 |
[07:49] | It scares me that winning is such a surprise for you. | 你赢一次这么高兴 我很怕你胜诉率很低 |
[07:51] | Next! Matthew Plonsker. Parking violations. | 下一个 马修·普乐斯科 违规停车 |
[07:55] | I thought I’d be a little rusty, but apparently not. | 我还以为会有点生疏 但显然没有 |
[07:59] | Oh! Really? Sweet. | 又来找我吗 真”好”呢 |
[08:02] | Yes! Go make your mistakes with him. | 去吧 把错误都犯在他身上 |
[08:04] | I don’t want to go to jail for prostitution. | 我可不想因为卖淫坐牢 |
[08:08] | Like you could afford me. | 你以为你能嫖得起我吗 |
[08:10] | It seems to me it wasn’t only the meter | 在我看来 在那个重要的下午 |
[08:12] | that was broken that fateful afternoon. | 并不只是停车计费表坏了 |
[08:15] | Nay! | 不仅如此 |
[08:16] | It was the entire criminal justice system. | 是整个刑事司法系统坏了 |
[08:19] | Therefore I submit to you, | 因此我要提出的是 |
[08:21] | the only “Influence” my client was under that night | 那晚影响我的客户判断力的唯一一样东西 |
[08:24] | was his love of boating. | 就是他对划船的热爱 |
[08:27] | Shame! | 可耻啊 |
[08:31] | I just don’t get it. Why would she give me a lighter? | 我只是不懂 她为什么给我一个打火机 |
[08:34] | Maybe she wants you to burn all your clothes. | 也许她希望你把你所有丑衣服都烧掉 |
[08:36] | Is it possible we didn’t have the connection I thought we did? | 是不是我们并不像我想的那样有特殊的感情纽带 |
[08:39] | I don’t know. You heard dad. | 我不知道 你也听老爸说了 |
[08:41] | She was on all that medication towards the end. | 她去世前一直在接受药物治疗 |
[08:43] | People do weird things when they’re on drugs. | 人们服药期间总会做些诡异的事 |
[08:46] | When Dylan was on vicodin after his root canal, | 迪兰在牙根管治疗后服了止痛药 |
[08:48] | he bought the complete DVD set of “Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.” | 他买了一整套《女医生》光盘 |
[08:55] | Get going, ladies. | 女孩们 请离开 |
[08:56] | The pool’s for residents only. | 泳池只对当地居民开放 |
[08:57] | Oh, okay. Sorry. We’ll leave. | 好的 对不起 我们这就走 |
[08:59] | Uh, no, we won’t. There’s nobody here. | 不 我们不走 这里又没人 |
[09:01] | – Haley! – Why can’t we use the pool? | -海莉 -为什么我们不能用这泳池 |
[09:03] | Because those are the rules. | 这是规定 |
[09:04] | Are we gonna have a problem here? | 有什么问题吗 |
[09:06] | You don’t scare me. I’ve been in real jail. | 你可吓不着我 我蹲过真正的监狱 |
[09:09] | Oh, you two are pretty smart, aren’t you? | 你俩是聪明人 不是吗 |
[09:11] | No. Only she is. | 不 只有她聪明 |
[09:18] | North. | 北风 |
[09:19] | Flowers. | 花牌 |
[09:20] | Red. | 红中 |
[09:22] | One dot. | 一筒 |
[09:24] | Two bam. | 二条 |
[09:27] | I have mahj! | 我和了 |
[09:28] | – Hee hee! – Again?! | -嘻嘻 -你又和了 |
[09:30] | Wow, you’re really on some streak, Edith. | 你今天手气真好啊 伊迪丝 |
[09:32] | Luck of the tiles. | 走牌运啊 |
[09:34] | Anyone else want some punch? | 还有人要来点潘趣酒吗 |
[09:36] | Yeah. I’ll join you. | 好啊 我也来点 |
[09:42] | You are very good. | 你打得真不错 |
[09:44] | Where’d a farm boy like you learn to play mahjong? | 你这样的农场男孩是在哪里学的麻将 |
[09:47] | Oh, well, one summer, | 在一个夏天 |
[09:48] | I worked at the Central Missouri b’nai b’rith. | 我在中央密苏里圣约之子会工作 |
[09:50] | It’s the nation’s smallest chapter. | 是全国最小的分会 |
[09:52] | Listen, Marilyn, | 听我说 玛丽莲 |
[09:54] | I don’t mean to stir things up, | 我不想挑拨离间的 |
[09:56] | But I just saw Edith take the winning tile out of her jacket pocket. | 但我看到伊迪丝从她口袋里拿了那张吊牌 |
[10:00] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[10:01] | Nobody’s that good! | 没人会手气那么好 |
[10:03] | Listen, I’m as shocked as you are. | 我也跟你一样震惊 |
[10:04] | It just doesn’t seem like Edith. | 只是伊迪丝看上去不是那种人 |
[10:06] | Yeah, well, it goes to show, you think you know someone… | 是 就是这样 知人知面不知心 |
[10:16] | What happened to all the cookies? | 饼干都去哪里了 |
[10:18] | Oh, well, you know I hate to stir things up… | 我真的不想挑拨离间的 |
[10:24] | – Excuse me. – Yes? | -抱歉 -什么事 |
[10:25] | Jay Pritchett. | 我是杰·普里契特 |
[10:27] | Frank Dunphy’s son is married to my daughter. | 弗兰克·邓菲是我亲家 |
[10:28] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 真是遗憾 |
[10:30] | Ah, he grows on you. | 他那套幽默果然会传染身边人 |
[10:32] | Oh, you’re talking about the death. Thank you. | 你是说很遗憾我亲家母过世 谢谢关心 |
[10:34] | You look very familiar to me. Did you ever live in Ohio? | 我看你非常脸熟 你在俄亥俄生活过吗 |
[10:38] | No. I’m from Pensacola. | 没 我是彭萨科拉人 |
[10:41] | And then it hit me. | 然后我突然就想到了 |
[10:43] | I had done my basic training in Pensacola. | 我新兵入伍时 在彭萨科拉受过训 |
[10:46] | She was my first. | 她是我的初夜 |
[10:47] | I’ll never forget her– Charlotte somebody. | 我永远忘不了她 夏洛特什么的 |
[10:49] | I was 18, and she was 31. | 我当年18岁 她31岁 |
[10:52] | And we fell pretty hard for each other. | 我们当时爱得死去活来 |
[10:55] | I always felt bad I never called her | 我从越战回来后就再没联系她 |
[10:56] | when I got back from Vietnam. | 心里一直很难受 |
[10:58] | Especially because by then I had, you know… | 尤其是因为当时我已经 你懂的 |
[11:01] | learned a few things. | 已经开拓了新的眼界 |
[11:02] | I’m sorry. You’ll have to forgive me. | 不好意思 请你谅解 |
[11:04] | My memory isn’t what it used to be. | 我岁数大了 记性不好了 |
[11:06] | I was in the navy. Jay Pritchett. | 我当时在海军 杰·普里契特 |
[11:09] | Little more up here, | 当年头发多些 |
[11:11] | little less down here. | 赘肉少些 |
[11:12] | I’m sure you’re a very nice man, | 我敢说你一定是个好男人 |
[11:13] | but I-I think you may have mistaken me for someone else. | 但我觉得你把我错认成别人了 |
[11:17] | I was shipping off to vietnam. | 我当时就快要被派往越南 |
[11:18] | You had the ass of a young Ann Margret. | 你当年的屁股就跟年轻女星安·玛格丽特一样 |
[11:20] | Yeah, that was me. | 好吧 那确实是我 |
[11:22] | Grandma looks so happy here. | 这张照片里奶奶真高兴 |
[11:25] | Yeah. We were pretty hammered. | 是啊 当时我们喝得烂醉 |
[11:27] | That was last 4th of July– grandma’s favorite holiday. | 那是去年的国庆节 你奶奶最喜欢的节日 |
[11:31] | The Plimptons had a barbecue, | 普林朴顿家搞了烧烤 |
[11:33] | and Gram and I got a little tipsy on ginger margaritas. | 你奶奶和我喝姜汁玛格丽特喝多了 |
[11:35] | We came home for a catnap | 我们就回家打了个盹 |
[11:38] | and slept right through the big fireworks show. | 结果错过了那晚的烟花表演 |
[11:40] | First one she ever missed. | 她头一回错过 |
[11:42] | Boy, was she mad. | 她当时特别生气 |
[11:44] | I made it up to her | 我为了补偿她 |
[11:44] | with a little fireworks show of our own later. | 当天晚些时候特意为她办了一场烟火表演 |
[11:47] | Grandpa! | 爷爷 |
[11:48] | A couple of glow sticks and a slingshot in the backyard. | 只是在后院用弹弓发射荧光棒而已 |
[11:53] | Which led to some pretty memorable lovemaking. | 但接下来的性爱值得我们回味一生 |
[11:57] | Not to change the subject, | 我不是故意转移话题 |
[11:59] | but I don’t really get the gift grandma left me. | 但我真不懂奶奶送这个给我的意义 |
[12:01] | Well, didn’t she explain it in the note? | 她在信里没解释吗 |
[12:03] | No. The note’s four words. | 没 信里就几个字 |
[12:07] | You know it opens, right? | 你知道这纸还要展开的吧 |
[12:09] | It does? | 是吗 |
[12:10] | Sure. Look, it’s Florida. Everything sticks together. | 当然 佛罗里达太潮湿了 东西都黏一块了 |
[12:17] | It’s all so weird. | 真是太诡异了 |
[12:19] | This thing you dread in the back of your mind | 心里一直害怕面对的事 |
[12:21] | suddenly becomes real. | 突然就成真了 |
[12:22] | I know. | 我懂 |
[12:24] | I feel better having you here, though. | 不过有你在 我感觉好多了 |
[12:26] | Oh, I’m always here for you. | 我会永远在你身边 |
[12:28] | Look at that house. | 看那房子 |
[12:30] | That is a cute house. | 真漂亮啊 |
[12:31] | I wonder who lives there. | 我想知道谁住这儿 |
[12:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:35] | Claire, what are you doing? | 克莱尔 你要干嘛 |
[12:37] | I love this house. | 我喜欢这房子 |
[12:38] | I bet you anything I would love whoever lives here. | 我敢肯定不管是谁住这儿 我都会喜欢那人 |
[12:40] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[12:41] | That lady from my mom’s letter lives here,doesn’t she? | 我妈信上说的人就住这儿 是吧 |
[12:43] | Annie Fitzsimmons. | 安妮·菲茨曼斯 |
[12:44] | Phil, listen to me. | 菲尔 听我说 |
[12:45] | You may have your reasons for not wanting to do this, | 你也许有理由不想这么做 |
[12:47] | but your mother was a very wise woman. | 但你母亲是个很英明的女人 |
[12:50] | She believed that whoever is behind that door | 她相信这扇门背后的那个人 |
[12:53] | would make your father happy for the rest of his life. | 能让你父亲拥有幸福的余生 |
[12:57] | Yeah. What can I do for you? | 你们好 有事吗 |
[12:59] | She’s perfect. | 她真”完美” |
[13:00] | I thought Annie Fitzsimmons lived here. | 我以为安妮·菲茨曼斯住这儿 |
[13:02] | She does. Annie, honey! | 是的 安妮 亲爱的 |
[13:04] | There’s people here to see ya! | 有人想见你 |
[13:06] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[13:08] | Can I help you? | 有事吗 |
[13:09] | We’re selling vacuum cleaners. | 我们是推销吸尘器的 |
[13:11] | That is strange. | 那可真奇怪 |
[13:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:13] | Because just this morning, my vacuum cleaner broke. | 因为我家吸尘器早上正好坏了 |
[13:16] | That’s on me. I shed like a collie. | 都怪我 我的体毛脱落像牧羊犬那么多 |
[13:19] | Let’s see what you got. | 我看看你们的货 |
[13:19] | Yes, Claire, let’s see what you got. | 对啊 克莱尔 来看看你的货 |
[13:21] | I didn’t bring it. | 我没带来 |
[13:23] | – You didn’t bring it? – No. | -你没带 -是的 |
[13:24] | You had it when we left the vacuum cleaner office. | 我们出门时你还带着的啊 |
[13:26] | I guess it’s fair to say you’ve made a huge mistake. | 我看这下你要好好认错了 |
[13:30] | No. Say it. | 不行 要说出来 |
[13:32] | I’m sorry to do that. It’s part of the training. | 我也不想为难她 可这就是培训 |
[13:34] | I’ve made a huge mistake. | 我犯了个大错 |
[13:38] | I don’t think she’s gonna work out. | 我觉得她是不适合干这行的 |
[13:45] | – That’s mahj again! – Oh! Well, shocker. | -我又和了 -真厉害 |
[13:48] | – That’s it. You’re cheating. – I am not. | -够了 你出老千 -我没有 |
[13:50] | Oh, please! You’ve stashed more tiles | 得了吧 你藏的牌 |
[13:52] | than Marilyn has cookies! | 比玛丽莲藏的饼干还多 |
[13:55] | O-okay. Uh, let’s just take a breath. | 好了 大家先歇歇 |
[13:56] | Who cares about tiles or cookies | 谁在乎麻将牌啊 饼干啊 |
[13:58] | Or whatever Hattie’s slipping into her coffee? | 或者海蒂偷偷往她的咖啡里倒的什东西 |
[14:00] | I knew you were drinking again! | 我就知道你又开始酗酒了 |
[14:02] | That’s how she lost her license. | 她的驾照就是这么被吊销的 |
[14:03] | You shut your traps! | 闭上你们的臭嘴 |
[14:04] | – Drop dead! – Screw you! | -去死吧 -去你的 |
[14:06] | – Yeah, you, too! Ladies. | -你也是 -女士们 |
[14:06] | – And you! – Ladies. | -你也是 -女士们 |
[14:08] | Stop it! You–stop it. | 别说了 别吵了 |
[14:10] | You have been friends for 20 years. | 你们都当了20年的闺蜜了 |
[14:11] | What on earth has gotten into you all? | 你们这是怎么回事啊 |
[14:15] | Why does drama keep following me everywhere I go? | 为什么我到哪都会碰上极品事呢 |
[14:19] | It just keeps popping up out of nowhere. | 总是无缘无故就冒一出 |
[14:21] | like Crispin’s hair plugs. | 跟克里斯宾脑袋上冒出来的头发似的 |
[14:24] | And so we went to your apartment. | 然后我们去了你的公寓 |
[14:26] | It’s still embarrassing. | 到现在我还是觉得很丢人 |
[14:28] | I told you I had never been with a woman. | 我当时告诉你我从没跟女人做过 |
[14:30] | And you took me by the hand and you led me into the bedroom. | 你牵着我的手 带我进了卧室 |
[14:33] | You were so sweet and beautiful. | 你是那么温柔美丽 |
[14:35] | I thought I’d gone to heaven. | 那一刻我感觉自己到了天堂 |
[14:37] | – Jay pritchett. – Yes! Yes! | -杰·普里契特 -是我 就是我 |
[14:40] | I remember that. | 我想起来了 |
[14:42] | You were so handsome. | 你那会可真帅呀 |
[14:44] | I don’t know about that. | 我可不敢说自己帅 |
[14:45] | I mean, cute, maybe. | 可能还算讨人喜欢 |
[14:46] | I–people talk about my eyes. | 是常有人夸我的眼睛迷人来着 |
[14:48] | But I always regretted not getting in touch with you when I got back, | 我一直很后悔回来后没再联系你 |
[14:52] | Because you had given me something | 因为你带给我的美好回忆 |
[14:54] | that I cherished for almost 50 years. | 我已经珍惜了差不多50年了 |
[14:57] | You gave me something, too. | 你也给了我些东西 |
[15:00] | I did? | 是吗 |
[15:00] | You wait right there. | 你在这儿乖乖等着 |
[15:03] | I’m down there for a funeral– | 我去那是为了参加一个葬礼 |
[15:04] | It’s such a sad event– | 原本是很悲伤的一件事 |
[15:06] | And I end up finding something that I thought was lost forever. | 我却找到了本以为已经永远失去了的东西 |
[15:09] | This beautiful moment | 当年那美妙的”小插曲” |
[15:10] | that meant so much to both of us, | 对我们都有着难以取代的意义 |
[15:13] | set against the backdrop of fighting commies. | 尤其是在反击越共的时代大背景下 |
[15:16] | There’s your movie. | 简直能拍部电影啊 |
[15:17] | I remember exactly where I was when you gave it to me. | 我清楚地记得你把这东西给我时我在哪儿 |
[15:21] | You said, “Wear this bec–“ | 你当时说”戴上这个手…” |
[15:23] | No, no. This isn’t mine. | 不 这不是我的 |
[15:25] | And I never went to Jefferson High. | 我从来没上过杰弗逊高中 |
[15:27] | Oh. My mistake. | 噢 是我搞错了 |
[15:30] | Here it is. | 是这个 |
[15:32] | – You said, “Pin this–” – No, no. N-no. | -你当时说”戴上这个…” -不对不对 |
[15:33] | Never got a medal. | 我从来没得过什么奖牌 |
[15:35] | And, uh… | 而且… |
[15:36] | This is the wrong branch of service. | 我参的也不是这支军 |
[15:39] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[15:41] | These are th– | 这些是… |
[15:42] | Never wrote. | 从没写过信 |
[15:45] | Why don’t you look through here? | 你要不自己找吧 |
[15:47] | Turns out she sent more men off to war | 原来她送上战场的军人 |
[15:49] | than Lyndon Johnson. | 比林顿·约翰逊还要多 |
[15:52] | Well, we’re here. | 到家了 |
[15:53] | You wanna try to sell my dad a vacuum? | 你要不要试试向我爸推销个吸尘器 |
[15:55] | Tease me all you want. | 你就嘲笑我吧 |
[15:56] | I am glad that we at least tried. | 我很高兴至少我们试过了 |
[15:57] | I know you mean well, but he’s gonna be fine on his own. | 我知道你是好心 但他一个人也会过得很好 |
[16:00] | So funny. | 太好笑了 |
[16:02] | Ooh! Here. Try mine, Frank. | 来 尝尝我做的 弗兰克 |
[16:04] | I bet it’s delicious. | 我敢说一定很好吃 |
[16:06] | If your taste buds are dead. | 除非你味觉挂了 |
[16:07] | Dead? Real sensitive, Myra. | “挂了” 你真会照顾别人的心情 米娜 |
[16:09] | The woman’s not even cold… | 他妻子尸骨都未寒呢 |
[16:10] | unlike your eggplant parm. | 当然你的奶酪茄子是早凉了 |
[16:11] | What is going on? | 这演的是哪出 |
[16:13] | Oh, it’s a feeding frenzy. They’re all over him. | 鲨鱼群争食呢 你爸爸就是那可怜的食物 |
[16:15] | They’re practically measuring the windows for new drapes. | 她们还量了窗户的尺寸 想换新窗帘呢 |
[16:17] | It’s disgusting. | 真把我恶心坏了 |
[16:18] | I must get this recipe, Myra. | 你一定要把这个食谱给我 米娜 |
[16:20] | Oh, sure. | 当然 |
[16:21] | You want the recipe? It’s thaw, heat, and serve. | 你要那食谱吗 解冻 加热 端上来就行了 |
[16:23] | My mom was right. They’re gonna eat him alive. | 我妈妈说得对 她们会把他生吞了 |
[16:26] | Do you think we can break up | 你觉得我们有能力拆散 |
[16:27] | Annie fitzsimmons and her boyfriend? | 安妮·菲茨曼斯和她男朋友吗 |
[16:28] | Boyfriend? | 男朋友 |
[16:29] | Oh, you mean Marv? Oh, that’s hilarious. | 你是说马维 哎呀妈 太好笑了 |
[16:32] | Marv’s her brother, visiting from Pompano. | 马维是她哥哥 从庞帕诺来玩的 |
[16:34] | he’s here for the week, | 他仅仅是过来度周末的 |
[16:35] | Slept with half the women in this place. | 这地方一半的女人都跟他有一腿 |
[16:37] | She’s single? This is fantastic. | 她现在单身 真是太棒了 |
[16:39] | Cam, how do you know that? | 小卡 你都是打哪知道的 |
[16:40] | This place is lousy with gossips. | 这地方的八卦简直满天飞 |
[16:44] | Next. Gloria Delgado? | 下一个 歌洛莉亚·迪尔加多 |
[16:45] | I’m here! | 我在这儿 |
[16:46] | Conspiring to promote prostitution. How do you plead? | 协同卖淫罪 你打算怎么辩护 |
[16:50] | -Not guilty, your honor. – Oh, good. It’s you. | -无罪 法官大人 -老天 又是你 |
[16:53] | Your Majesty, I didn’t do anything wrong. | 陛下 我什么坏事都没干 |
[16:56] | But I will say that I am guilty | 但我愿意认罪 |
[16:58] | if I can just pay the fine and go home. | 如果交了罚金就能让我回家的话 |
[17:00] | No, you won’t. | 不 你不能 |
[17:01] | You’re innocent, and I can prove it. | 你是清白的 我能证明这点 |
[17:03] | Your honor, this document here shows | 法官大人 这份文件表明 |
[17:05] | that my client was a resident of California at the time. | 我的当事人当时正住在加利福尼亚 |
[17:08] | And these canceled checks prove | 这些已兑支票表明 |
[17:10] | that she was legally subletting the apartment in question. | 她合法转租了本案所指的那套公寓 |
[17:13] | I might be a simple man, but I do know one thing… | 我这人挺单纯的 但我知道一件事 |
[17:16] | if a dog don’t bark– | 如果狗不吠 |
[17:17] | Okay, I can’t listen to him anymore. | 够了 我再也不想听他扯犊子了 |
[17:19] | Case dismissed. Court adjourned. | 此案驳回 休庭 |
[17:22] | Gracias, Mitchell! You’re wonderful! | 谢谢你 米奇尔 你太厉害了 |
[17:26] | You know what? We got lucky | 其实 算我们走运 |
[17:27] | because I had no ending to that dog thing. | “狗不吠”那句我都不知道怎么往下接 |
[17:29] | If you don’t have anything to do next week, | 如果你下周不忙的话 |
[17:31] | maybe you can go with me to Texas. | 也许可以陪我去趟德州 |
[17:36] | Hello again. | 再次打扰 |
[17:36] | Oh, no. You’re alone. | 不是吧 你一个人 |
[17:38] | Did you fire that nice girl? | 你炒掉了那个可爱姑娘吗 |
[17:40] | No. She’s not a nice girl. She’s my wife. | 不 她不是什么可爱姑娘 她是我老婆 |
[17:43] | And we don’t sell vacuums. | 我们也不是卖吸尘器的 |
[17:44] | Thank god. You’d starve. | 谢天谢地 否则你们会饿死的 |
[17:48] | I-I-I’m actually Phil Dunphy. | 其实我是菲尔·邓菲 |
[17:50] | I-I’m Frank and Grace Dunphy’s son. | 我是弗兰克和格蕾丝·邓菲的儿子 |
[17:52] | Oh, I heard about your mom. I’m–I’m so sorry. | 我听说了你母亲去世的事 太遗憾了 |
[17:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:55] | I only met her a few times, | 我只见过她几次 |
[17:57] | but she seemed like a lovely woman. | 但她看起来是个非常好的人 |
[18:01] | but I’m still confused. | 但我还是不太明白你的来意 |
[18:03] | Well, this probably won’t help, but, um… | 也许我的解释只会令你更困惑 但是 |
[18:08] | Her last request was for me to fix you up with my dad. | 她的遗愿就是叫我撮合你和我爸 |
[18:13] | Oh, my. | 我的天 |
[18:14] | Yeah. I really wish I sold vacuums. | 是啊 我真希望自己是卖吸尘器的 |
[18:17] | So earlier… | 所以之前 |
[18:18] | We were thrown when your brother answered the door. | 我们看到你哥哥来开门 十分震惊 |
[18:20] | We thought he was your boyfriend. | 我们以为他是你的男友 |
[18:23] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道说什么好 |
[18:24] | Really? This is such a-a normal request I’m making. | 是吗 我这个要求再正常不过了 |
[18:28] | Please, by the way, don’t feel pressured at all. | 顺便说下 请不要感觉有任何压力 |
[18:30] | My dad doesn’t even know about this. | 我爸根本不知道这件事 |
[18:32] | I-I just–I had to tell you. It’s what she wanted. | 但我必须告诉你 这是我母亲的遗愿 |
[18:36] | She was always doing crazy stuff like this… | 她总是会做这样疯狂的事 |
[18:38] | going out of her way to take care of us. | 不遗余力地照顾我们 |
[18:42] | I coughed on the phone once, | 有次我在电话里咳嗽 |
[18:44] | and she overnighted me soup. | 她就熬汤连夜快递给我 |
[18:46] | When I wanted to learn how to ski, she knit me a sweater. | 我想学滑雪 她就给我织毛衣 |
[18:50] | When I wanted to be a marine biologist, | 我想做海洋生物学家 |
[18:51] | she knit me a sweater with a whale on it. | 她就给我织了件鲸鱼图案的毛衣 |
[18:56] | Who does that? | 谁会这样做啊 |
[18:59] | That’s just the kind of person she is. | 她就是这样的人 |
[19:01] | Was. | 生前是 |
[19:03] | Oh, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[19:06] | You’re a good son. | 你是个好儿子 |
[19:10] | She was right. You are very nice. | 她说的对 你是个非常好的人 |
[19:24] | It’s a beautiful service. | 仪式太感人了 |
[19:25] | It really makes you think about how you wanna live your life. | 让人思考要如何度过这一生 |
[19:28] | I wanna quit my job and get back into the courtroom. | 我想辞职 重返法庭 |
[19:30] | What? | 什么 |
[19:31] | Just–just don’t say anything to anyone. | 先别对任何人说起这事 |
[19:33] | Well, who am I gonna tell? | 我能告诉谁啊 |
[19:37] | Thank you, Mel. | 谢谢 梅尔 |
[19:38] | That was beautiful. | 你吹奏得很美 |
[19:43] | Um, before we say good night, | 在我们道晚安前 |
[19:44] | my daughter Alex would like to pay tribute. | 我女儿艾丽克斯想致以悼念 |
[19:51] | Thanks, sweetie. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[19:59] | My grandmother and I had a very special bond. | 奶奶和我有着特殊的感情纽带 |
[20:01] | Seriously? Again? | 不是吧 又来 |
[20:03] | This may not make sense to everyone, | 也许大家不理解 |
[20:06] | but I’m pretty sure she would’ve loved it. | 但我肯定 奶奶会喜欢的 |
[20:19] | “This is a lighter. | “这是一个打火机 |
[20:22] | It belonged to my favorite actor, Paul Newman. | 原本属于我最喜欢的演员 保罗·纽曼 |
[20:25] | One day, he came into the restaurant where I was waitressing | 有一天 他来我做服务员的餐厅就餐 |
[20:27] | and accidentally left it behind. | 不小心落下了 |
[20:29] | For the first time in my life, | 我这辈子第一次 |
[20:31] | I did something I wasn’t supposed to | 做了不应该做的事 |
[20:33] | and slipped it into my pocket. | 将之据为己有 |
[20:35] | One of the customers saw | 有一位客人看到了 |
[20:37] | and said, ‘don’t worry. Your secret’s safe with me.’ | 说 “别担心 我会帮你保守秘密” |
[20:40] | That customer turned out to be the love of my life, | 那位客人后来成为了我的毕生挚爱 |
[20:43] | your grandfather. | 你的爷爷 |
[20:44] | So, my Alex, who I love so dearly, | 所以 我最爱的艾丽克斯 |
[20:47] | who is probably too much like me for her own good, | 可能你太像我了 虽然这也挺好 |
[20:50] | every once in a while, | 但偶尔的 |
[20:51] | don’t be afraid to break the rules. | 不要害怕打破常规 |
[20:54] | You never know what can happen.” | 你永远不知道会发生什么好事 |
[21:01] | How ’bout this weather? | 天气怎么样 |
[21:03] | Yep. They say it’s supposed to rain. | 还行 他们说要下雨了 |
[21:05] | We need it. | 确实需要来场雨 |
[21:07] | Muriel. | 穆丽尔 |
[21:08] | Are you two packed up and ready to go? | 你们两个收拾好准备走了吗 |
[21:10] | Yep. | 是的 |
[21:13] | Where does the time go? | 时间怎么过得这么快 |
[21:14] | Darned if I know. | 鬼才知道 |
[21:16] | Everyone’s always in such a hurry. | 大家总是匆匆忙忙的 |
[21:18] | And why? We’re all gonna end up in the same place. | 何必如此 我们最后的归宿还不都一样 |
[21:22] | Well, I guess we better mosey. | 我觉得我们还是走吧 |