时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | How the hell did they lose our reservation. | 他们怎么会没接到我们的预订 |
[00:03] | Dad, you were married to mom for thirty years. | 老爸 你跟老妈结婚三十年 |
[00:05] | It’s just a couple of nights on the couch. | 只是再睡几天沙发而已 |
[00:06] | I’m gonna call for the Con. | 我要给会议主办方打电话 |
[00:08] | I’m gonna try to squeeze them on that $9.95 wifi fee. | 让酒店退9.95元的无线网费用 |
[00:10] | They’re selling air. | 不就是在卖空气嘛 |
[00:11] | ClosetCon is the premier north American trade show | 橱柜展销会是北美橱柜行业 |
[00:14] | for the closet industry. | 第一大展销会 |
[00:16] | I stopped going years ago | 我几年前开始不再参加 |
[00:17] | ’cause it’s a trade show for the closet industry. | 因为这是”出”柜行业的展销会 |
[00:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:21] | This schedule is incredible. | 会议安排得实在太棒了 |
[00:23] | Dad, there’s a 10:45 session | 老爸 10点45有一个关于 |
[00:24] | on sustainable materials. | 永续材料的会议 |
[00:26] | We have got to hit that. | 我们一定得去 |
[00:27] | Mm, but it overlaps with the 11:00 a.m. panel on paneling. | 但是跟11点的镶板研讨小组冲突了 |
[00:31] | And a breakout session on shoe storage. | 还有鞋架分会 |
[00:34] | Little advice — | 给你点小建议 |
[00:35] | the convention floor is for suckers. | 那些会议都是给菜鸟开的 |
[00:36] | All work is done at the bar — | 真正的工作都是在酒吧里完成的 |
[00:38] | Unless Tony G. and Layla are singing standards, | 除非托尼和蕾拉在唱流行歌曲 |
[00:40] | in which case, no work — prepare to be entertained. | 那样的话 别工作了 好好玩一通吧 |
[00:42] | Dad, I came here to learn, | 老爸 我是来这里学习的 |
[00:44] | not sit at the bar and drink. | 不是上酒吧喝酒的 |
[00:45] | You do what you want. I’m getting a scotch. | 你爱干嘛干嘛 我要去喝杯威士忌 |
[00:48] | Well, I do need to meet everybody. | 我该去认识认识大家 |
[00:51] | Ooh, good. Breakfast. | 好棒啊 吃早餐 |
[00:53] | Breakfast? Try lunch. | 早餐吗 吃了午餐再说吧 |
[00:55] | – We wake up early on the farm. – Sure do. | -我们农场人起床早 -必须的 |
[00:57] | There’s our sleepy city mouse. | 城里来的贪睡老鼠 |
[01:01] | Let’s get you all squared away here. | 我来帮你戴吧 |
[01:03] | Yeah, I-I got it. No, I got it. | 好 我自己来 不用了 我自己来 |
[01:04] | Down here. I’m good. I’m good. Now, I know — | 放下面 这样就好 没事了 |
[01:05] | You know, I forgot how | 我都忘了 |
[01:06] | much work there was to be done around here. | 这里一天得干多少农活了 |
[01:08] | I’ve been mending fence all morning. | 我一早上一直在修栅栏 |
[01:09] | Been mending, have you? | 一直在修 真的吗 |
[01:12] | Missouri. | 密苏里 |
[01:13] | Misery. | 痛苦之地 |
[01:17] | – What a pig sty, huh? – Cute. | -好大个猪圈啊 -真可爱 |
[01:19] | Daddy went to town, he’s gonna be there till super, | 老爸去城里了 他要到晚饭时候才回来 |
[01:21] | so I’m helping mama slop the pigs. | 所以我在帮妈妈喂猪 |
[01:22] | You want to — you want to pitch in? | 你要来贡献点力量吗 |
[01:24] | I don’t know, I just ate that bacon, so… | 不知道 我刚刚吃了培根 所以 |
[01:26] | How’s that gonna look? | 这看起来像什么样 |
[01:27] | Want to ring the dinner bell, “Little bomber”? | 要不要敲响开饭铃 小超声波 |
[01:30] | Oh, that’s actually really quaint. | 那说起来很古雅呢 |
[01:31] | Is it one of those little triangle thi– | 是那种小三角形状的… |
[01:40] | Loudest call in the tri-county area. | 三郡范围内最响亮的吆喝 |
[01:43] | Do it again! | 再来一次 |
[01:44] | No, sweetheart. I think once was enough. | 不要了 亲爱的 一次就够了 |
[01:51] | There’s actually an animal that runs toward that sound, huh? | 还真有畜生朝这声音跑来的 |
[02:08] | Hello, hello! | 你们好啊 |
[02:10] | – Did you make the reservation? – Yeah, 7:00. | -你预约了吗 -预约了 7点的 |
[02:14] | Fun family time with this little newsy | 跟这个小家伙一起享用牛排晚餐 |
[02:16] | and a steak dinner. | 度过美好的家庭时光 |
[02:18] | Who says people at the closet convention get all the fun? | 谁说去参加橱柜大会的人才有美好时光 |
[02:21] | No one. No one says that. | 没人 没人那么说 |
[02:23] | I am telling you, the way he looked at me | 我告诉你 我去开门时 |
[02:24] | when I came to the door — it is so on. | 他看着我的样子 绝对是迷上我了 |
[02:26] | Kind of seemed like he was just delivering pizza, | 看起来就是他来送披萨 |
[02:28] | and you were giving him money. | 你得付钱的样子呗 |
[02:29] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们在说什么呢 |
[02:30] | Chuck, the pizza guy from last night. | 查克 昨晚送披萨的家伙 |
[02:32] | He’s shy and thoughtful | 他害羞但是很体贴 |
[02:33] | and wears a Princeton sweatshirt — | 穿着一件普林斯顿运动衫 |
[02:35] | Hardly Haley’s type. | 完全不是海莉喜欢的型 |
[02:36] | Oh, my God. You love him. | 天呐 你爱上他了 |
[02:37] | What? No! I d– how would you say I love him? | 什么 才没有 你怎么会说我爱上他 |
[02:40] | He’s been to our house exactly three times. | 他才来过家里三次 |
[02:41] | That’s ridiculous, Haley! Don’t even look at me. | 太荒谬了 海莉 别看我 |
[02:43] | This is so stupid. | 太傻了 |
[02:45] | She loves him. | 她爱上他了 |
[02:46] | Hey, “Manimal.” How was picture day? | 曼尼汉子 照相日怎么样 |
[02:48] | You know what’s super-helpful? | 你知道什么对我帮助最大吗 |
[02:49] | When the guy in line behind you calls you “Mount Sweatmore.” | 就是站在你后面的家伙叫你”大汗山” |
[02:51] | I was trying to relax you. | 我那是想让你放松点 |
[02:54] | It was right in front of you | 多简单的梗 |
[02:54] | — “Brad Pitt-Stains.” | 应该叫”布拉德·皮特汗渍” |
[02:56] | – Come on, Luke. – It’s okay. | -真不给力 卢克 -没关系啦 |
[02:58] | New security system? | 新的安保系统吗 |
[02:59] | You can see the backyard, | 你可以看到后院 |
[03:00] | the front door, the garage — everywhere. | 前门 车库 全都看得到 |
[03:03] | Yeah, can’t take any chances | 是啊 自从老妈生下 |
[03:04] | since mom gave birth to | 那边那颗希望钻石 |
[03:05] | the hope diamond over there. | 家里就不能冒任何风险 |
[03:10] | There is a room off the kitchen at Jay’s house | 杰家里的厨房边上有一个房间 |
[03:12] | that’s always locked. | 总是锁着 |
[03:13] | I try it every time I’m there. | 我每次过去都要试着开一次 |
[03:15] | I’ve spent countless hours imagining that that room | 我花了无数时间 幻想那个房间里 |
[03:18] | is a house of treasure… | 藏着一屋子的宝藏 |
[03:20] | a palace of ceaseless wonder. | 一座充满奇迹的宫殿 |
[03:23] | It’s real. | 是真的 |
[03:26] | Hello, old friend. | 你好啊 老朋友 |
[03:29] | Would you look at that? | 看到那个了吗 |
[03:32] | What?! That’s coconuts! | 什么 简直太棒了 |
[03:35] | No! | 不是吧 |
[03:38] | Is that — | 那是 |
[03:39] | A replica of Apollo 13. | 阿波罗13号的复制品 |
[03:41] | Look at the detail. | 瞧这细节 |
[03:43] | You can almost see the astronauts | 你都能看到宇航员在里头 |
[03:45] | drinking teeny, tiny Tang. | 喝超小杯的果珍 |
[03:46] | – Can I hold it? – No. | -能让我拿一下吗 -不行 |
[03:47] | You have any idea how valuable this is? | 你知道这有多珍贵吗 |
[03:49] | And your fingers are covered in cheese dust. | 你的手指上还有芝士粉末 |
[03:51] | There. | 这样 |
[03:53] | – No! Luke, please! – Hey, guys. Knock it off. | -别 卢克 拜托 -你俩别闹了 |
[03:56] | Don’t worry, Gloria. I got it. | 别担心 歌洛莉亚 我能行 |
[03:59] | Nobody panic!! | 大家都别慌 |
[04:01] | This is a collector’s edition. It’s 40 years old! | 这可是收藏家版本 40年历史呢 |
[04:03] | We’re gonna have to improvise. | 我们得立即修复它 |
[04:04] | Gloria, call the steakhouse and cancel. | 歌洛莉亚 给牛排馆打电话取消预约 |
[04:07] | Manny, find some glue. | 曼尼 找些胶水来 |
[04:09] | Luke, let’s get these parts into the garage. | 卢克 我们把这些零部件都拿到车库 |
[04:11] | I know this seems impossible, | 我知道这看起来很困难 |
[04:12] | but we can do this! | 但我们一定能行 |
[04:13] | Hello. Houston’s? | 是休斯顿牛排馆吗[休斯顿火箭中心] |
[04:15] | We have a situation. | 我们出了点状况 |
[04:18] | Hi. We’re with ClosetCon. All-access. | 我们是参加橱柜展的 哪都能进 |
[04:20] | She doesn’t care. You’re the only dope wearing that here. | 她不在乎 你是唯一戴着牌子的笨蛋 |
[04:22] | – Give it to me. – No. I like it. | -快给我 -不 我喜欢 |
[04:24] | Hey. Joel. | 好啊 乔尔 |
[04:25] | Looking good, my friend. | 看起来不错啊 老朋友 |
[04:27] | Took a bath on automated closets. | 在自动化橱柜上洗澡 |
[04:29] | People aren’t ready for that. | 人们还没准备好呢 |
[04:30] | Jay Pritchett. Get your cute butt over here. | 杰·普里契特 帅哥快过来 |
[04:32] | – Who’s that? – An old friend. | -她是谁 -一位老朋友 |
[04:34] | I’m gonna go say hello. Why don’t you get us a couple drinks? | 我去打个招呼 你去拿两杯酒来吧 |
[04:36] | Yeah. I’ll do that. | 好 我这就去 |
[04:40] | Hi. Can I get a scotch and a white wine? | 能给我一杯威士忌和一杯白葡萄酒吗 |
[04:42] | Wow, rowdy crowd, huh? | 人真多 好吵啊 |
[04:43] | Trade shows — people get away from their families, | 展销会嘛 人们离开家人 |
[04:45] | – get a little liquored up. – Yeah, I get that. | -喝点小酒 -我懂的 |
[04:47] | Let’s just say when the nametags go on, | 你挂上了名牌 |
[04:49] | the wedding rings come off. | 就该摘下婚戒了 |
[04:50] | I am not so on board with that. | 我不大同意那点 |
[04:52] | Hey, there. | 好啊美女 |
[04:53] | Classy. | 经典 |
[04:56] | Let me just fix this. You’re looking so great. | 我帮你理理领带 看起来真帅 |
[05:01] | My mom was pretty self-involved, | 我妈妈比较以自我为中心 |
[05:03] | and my dad traveled a lot for work. | 而我爸经常出差 |
[05:04] | So, yeah, I did wonder if… you know. | 我的确想过… 你懂的 |
[05:07] | And not that I could blame him. | 我不是要责怪他 |
[05:09] | My friend Alison’s mom | 但每天我朋友艾莉森放学时 |
[05:11] | greeted her every day after school | 她妈妈都会用一个大大的拥抱 |
[05:13] | with a big hug and a giant smile, | 和笑容迎接她 |
[05:14] | And I always thought, “Yeah… | 我总是想 “是啊 |
[05:17] | wouldn’t mind a piece of that.” | 那样也挺不错的” |
[05:18] | – So, are we doing this? – I’ll bring it to your room this afternoon. | -要这样做吗 -我下午带去你房间里 |
[05:22] | We have a little tradition at ClosetCon for rookies, | 对于新来橱柜展的人 我们有个小传统 |
[05:24] | which Claire is this year. | 今年是克莱尔 |
[05:26] | We take a skeleton. We hide it in their closet. | 我们把一具骨架藏在他们的橱柜里 |
[05:29] | They open the door and scream, | 他们打开柜门 然后大声尖叫 |
[05:31] | and we all have a good laugh. | 我们大家都哄堂大笑 |
[05:33] | Can’t take full credit for the idea. | 这主意不是我们想出来的 |
[05:34] | We stole it from CabinetCon. | 而是从壁橱展上学的 |
[05:36] | Hot cider. | 热苹果酒 |
[05:38] | Oh, yes. Thank you, Barb. | 好 谢谢你 巴布 |
[05:40] | – Thank you so much. – It’s chilly. | -太感谢你了 -外面好冷 |
[05:41] | Mmm. Wow, that’s got a kick. | 这酒真带劲 |
[05:43] | That’ll be the rum. | 那是朗姆酒的力道 |
[05:44] | I can feel it warming up your belly. | 我能感受到它温暖你的小肚肚 |
[05:46] | Yeah, still in my mouth and throat. | 还在我嘴里和喉咙里呢 |
[05:48] | Well, what’s that? | 那是什么 |
[05:49] | Boy, it starting to get nippy, huh? | 开始变冷了啊 |
[05:51] | You guys want to walk down to the duck pond? | 你们想走去野鸭池塘吗 |
[05:53] | Um — that sounds lovely. I’ll get the gun. | 听起来挺不错的 我去拿枪 |
[05:55] | – Are y’all coming? – “Y’all”? | -大家伙儿都来吗 -大家伙儿 |
[05:57] | – We don’t say “Y’all”! – Yeah, we do. | -我们不说大家伙儿 -我们说的 |
[05:59] | No, well, yeah, we say it… here, but not normally. | 我们在这里说 但一般不说 |
[06:02] | Well, did you ever think this is how I really talk | 你觉得我其实是这样说话的 |
[06:04] | and that I talk different-like when I’m not here? | 我离开这里时 说的话就不一样了吗 |
[06:06] | Y’all fighting? | 大家伙儿在吵架吗 |
[06:07] | No, no, sweetie, we’re just having a conversation | 不不 亲爱的 我们只是在聊天 |
[06:09] | about how your daddy can be so stuck-up. | 聊你二爸有多么高傲 |
[06:11] | Cam, that’s really mature. | 小卡 你真”成熟” |
[06:12] | Use our daughter to get your little digs in. | 利用我们的女儿来挖苦我 |
[06:14] | I would never do that, sweetie. | 我绝不会那样做的 亲爱的 |
[06:16] | You don’t think I notice | 你觉得我没发现 |
[06:16] | how condescending you are when we come here? | 我们来这里后你有多高傲吗 |
[06:18] | You just set on the porch. You roll your eyes. | 你”作”在门廊上 翻白眼 |
[06:20] | You don’t participate in anything. | 什么也不参与 |
[06:21] | And, yeah, I said “Set.” | 对 我说的是”作” |
[06:22] | But that’s how we talk here. | 但我们这里就是这样说话的 |
[06:24] | I’m from this place. I’m proud of this place. | 这里是我的家乡 我为它感到骄傲 |
[06:26] | And it hurts me that the man I love just thinks it’s some big joke. | 我很难过我爱的人觉得这是个大笑话 |
[06:29] | Come on, sweetie. | 走吧 亲爱的 |
[06:30] | Lord a’mercy. | 仁慈的主啊 |
[06:34] | Ugh. I’m starving. What are we gonna do about dinner? | 我饿死了 晚餐怎么办啊 |
[06:37] | I checked with dad, and I ordered a couple pizzas from Theo’s. | 我问过爸爸了 订了几块西奥家的匹萨 |
[06:39] | I knew it! You’re stalking my pizza guy! | 我就知道 你在跟踪我的匹萨帅哥 |
[06:41] | He is not into you, okay? | 他不喜欢你 好吗 |
[06:43] | Does he call you “Brown eyes” | 他叫过你”棕眼姑娘”吗 |
[06:44] | and give you extra mozzarella sticks? | 多给过你酥炸芝士条吗 |
[06:45] | Okay, that’s it, you two! | 够了 你俩 |
[06:47] | You cannot fight over men like it’s jewelry or shoes. | 你们不能像争珠宝或者鞋子一样争男人 |
[06:50] | If you’re both interested, no one makes a move. | 如果你俩都喜欢他 谁也不许去追 |
[06:52] | Sisters before misters! | 姐妹第一 男人第二 |
[06:57] | – Stalker! – Trollop. | -跟踪狂 -荡妇 |
[06:58] | Ha-ha, don’t know what it means — | 不知道那是什么意思 |
[07:01] | – What did you do?! – Nothing! | -你做了什么 -我没做什么 |
[07:02] | Aah! Yes, you did! You turned it on, | 就是你 你把它打开了 |
[07:04] | and now the propeller’s all tangled up! | 现在螺旋桨都缠在一起了 |
[07:05] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那样做 |
[07:06] | ’cause my pizza guy is coming, | 因为我的匹萨帅哥就要来了 |
[07:08] | and now I have airplane in my hair! | 现在我头发里有一架飞机 |
[07:09] | I swear I didn’t, Haley. Okay. | 我发誓我没有 海莉 没事 |
[07:11] | I’ll get it out. Oh, my god, ow! | 我来弄出来 天啊 |
[07:12] | – What is happening?! – I don’t know! | -出什么事了 -我不知道 |
[07:15] | Ohh, you find a little toy? | 你找到了一个小玩具吗 |
[07:19] | Hey, was that aunt Marge | 刚在车道上 |
[07:20] | just tearing down the driveway? | 横冲直撞的是玛吉姑妈吗 |
[07:22] | Yes. And she dropped off a little present. | 对 而且她带来了一份小”礼物” |
[07:24] | Is that my Cam Cam? | 这是我的小卡卡吗 |
[07:27] | – Gram gram! – Oh, you. | -奶奶 -你好啊 |
[07:29] | There have been some storm warnings, | 最近发布了风暴预警 |
[07:30] | so Marge thought she’d be safer over here. | 玛吉觉得她在这里更加安全 |
[07:33] | But she dropped her off so fast | 但她很快让她下了车 |
[07:34] | that we didn’t even have a chance to straighten up. | 我们都没时间整理一下家里[暗指straight直男] |
[07:37] | We never told gram about the gay. | 我们从没和奶奶说基佬的事 |
[07:39] | You know, after they reach a certain age, | 他们年事已高 |
[07:40] | you worry that it could | 可能听到了这件事 |
[07:41] | be the thing that sends them over the edge, | 一激动就一命呜呼了 |
[07:43] | And she’s been on the edge for a long time. | 而她已经随时都可能驾鹤西去了 |
[07:45] | We’re actually on deathbed number two. | 实际上她排在二号临终床上 |
[07:47] | Mitchell. Mitchell. | 米奇尔 米奇尔 |
[07:49] | Okay. W-what’s this? | 好吧 这怎么回事 |
[07:50] | This is me ready to slop, bale, or milk something. | 这是我准备好去喂猪 打包或者挤奶了 |
[07:53] | You don’t need to do that. | 你没必要这样做 |
[07:54] | No, I — Cam, I-I know. | 不 小卡 我知道 |
[07:55] | I know I gave you hell for being who you really are, | 我知道我对你真实的一面过于苛责 |
[07:58] | – and I want to make that up to you. – Yeah, but you know what? | -我想补偿你 -好吧 但你知道吗 |
[08:00] | Putting on my sister’s Sunday overalls is gesture enough. | 穿上我姐姐的周日工作服就足够了 |
[08:02] | – What’s this? – Oh, it’s my chewing straw. | -这是什么 -我咀嚼的稻草 |
[08:04] | – It’s not straw. – Oh, it’s just show — for show. | -这不是稻草 -这只是作秀啦 |
[08:06] | – Hey. Come on, come on. – You know, you love the man, | -别过去 别过去 -你爱这个男人 |
[08:08] | – you love the world he comes from. – Yeah, but you know what? | -要爱他的家乡 -是 但你知道吗 |
[08:09] | I don’t know if it’s these farming clothes or what, | 我不知道是这套农场装还是其它的缘故 |
[08:11] | but I am feeling so close to you right now. | 此时此刻我觉得和你好亲近 |
[08:14] | – Well, that’s so sweet. – Now give me a kiss. | -这话真贴心 -快亲我一下 |
[08:16] | No, not right now. | 不行 现在不行 |
[08:17] | Well, don’t make me rassle you down. | 别逼我扑倒你 |
[08:20] | Who’s this? | 这人是谁 |
[08:21] | Oh, dear. | 惨了 |
[08:22] | Uh…well, grams, this is Bud, our new farmhand. | 奶奶 这位是巴德 新来的农工 |
[08:26] | Bud? | 巴德 |
[08:27] | Yeah, Bud’s a little simpleminded | 是的 巴德脑袋被驴踢过 |
[08:29] | on account of getting mule-kicked, isn’t he? | 所以脑子有点不好使 是不是 |
[08:31] | And you know the rules on being in the house, Bud. | 巴德 你该知道你是不能进屋的 |
[08:33] | Now, go on outside. | 快出去吧 |
[08:34] | We’re gonna milk the cows in a few minutes. | 我们过一会儿还得挤牛奶呢 |
[08:37] | Get on out there. Have a treat afterwards. | 出去挤奶吧 挤完请你吃饭 |
[08:42] | Here’s what we’ve got to work with. | 这就是我们要做的工作 |
[08:43] | Nicely done. I’ve got Florida on the line. | 干得漂亮 我已经和佛罗里达州连线了 |
[08:45] | Dad, I’m flying you in. You’re the model expert. | 爸 我把你放到这里 你是模型专家 |
[08:47] | What are we looking at, son? | 儿子 我们要组装什么东西 |
[08:50] | Holy Moses. | 我的神呐 |
[08:51] | More like Apollo 1,300 pieces! | 这是碎成1300块的阿波罗号啊 |
[08:55] | In space, I guess no one can hear you be hilarious. | 看来太空里的人没有什么幽默感 |
[08:58] | I need you to focus. | 我需要你专心一点 |
[08:59] | – If Jay sees this… – I know! | -万一杰看到这个… -我知道了 |
[09:00] | Dad, you’ve got three good men here depending on you. | 爸 这里三个好男人全都靠你了 |
[09:02] | Say no more — I’m gonna tap a button now | 不多说了 我现在要按一个键 |
[09:04] | that’s either gonna make you | 可能会把我屏幕上 |
[09:05] | larger on my screen or — | 你们的影像放大 或者 |
[09:08] | We’ve lost Florida. | 我们和佛罗里达失去联系了 |
[09:10] | Yeah, yeah. Bring the skeleton up now. I just got to the room. | 现在就把骷髅架拿过来 我刚到房间 |
[09:13] | Hey, dad. | 你好呀 爸 |
[09:14] | Hey, honey. | 你好 女儿 |
[09:15] | I thought we were meeting at the restaurant. | 我还以为我们是约在餐厅见呢 |
[09:16] | Yeah, well, the lecture got done a little early, | 没错 那场演讲结束得有些早 |
[09:18] | and I was kind of the star of the evening. | 而且我似乎成了今晚的明星 |
[09:21] | I got a huge laugh when I coined the phrase | 我杜撰出来一个词”柜尊”[与自尊近似] |
[09:23] | “Shelf-esteem.” | 引得全场爆笑 |
[09:25] | Huh? Yeah? | 好笑吧 |
[09:27] | Okay, I’ll text it to Phil. | 我得发短信告诉菲尔 |
[09:28] | Why don’t you go down to the lobby? You’ll get a stronger signal. | 你何不到楼下大厅去发 信号会比较好 |
[09:30] | – Oh. Hello. – Rita. | -你好 -丽塔 |
[09:32] | -This is my daughter, Claire. – Hi. | -这是我女儿 克莱尔 -你好 |
[09:33] | Claire, this is Rita. | 克莱尔 这位是丽塔 |
[09:34] | Your dad and I go way back. | 我和你爸认识好多年了 |
[09:36] | First time we met, I told him | 第一次见面的时候 我就告诉他 |
[09:38] | he needed a course in “Hanger” Management. | 他得进修一下”衣架”管理课程 |
[09:41] | It’s still funny. | 现在回想都挺逗的 |
[09:42] | Seriously? | 说真的吗 |
[09:44] | Her husband’s in the garment business. | 她老公是从事服装生意的 |
[09:45] | He made me a suit. | 他给我做了套西服 |
[09:46] | I make the closets, and he fills them. | 我做衣柜 他做衣柜里面的衣服 |
[09:48] | Match made in heaven. | 天作之合 |
[09:49] | Honey, they’re kind of sticklers at that restaurant. | 那个餐厅里的人都很难缠 |
[09:51] | Why don’t you grab our table? I’ll put this in the room. | 要不你先去占座 我把这个放到屋里 |
[09:53] | Uh, okay. Will do. | 好的 这就去 |
[09:55] | Um, really nice to meet you. | 非常高兴见到你 |
[09:57] | See you downstairs. | 楼下见了 |
[09:59] | I actually am gonna take the stairs. | 我其实想走楼梯 |
[10:01] | That elevator is slow. | 电梯实在太慢了 |
[10:05] | Hey, was it just me, | 是我多想了 |
[10:06] | or was she looking at me weird? | 还是她看我的眼神确实有点怪 |
[10:07] | I did kind of sense that. | 我也有点感觉 |
[10:09] | You don’t think she knows about our deal? | 她不会是知道了我们的事情吧 |
[10:10] | How could she? It was 20 years ago. | 怎么会 那件事都过去20年了 |
[10:12] | And I never told anyone. | 何况我从来没告诉过别人 |
[10:19] | Would she even care? | 她还会介意这个吗 |
[10:20] | That I tried to get rid of the man she ended up marrying? | 介意我试图拆散她和她嫁的那个男人吗 |
[10:23] | Well, it’s not like you took a hit out on him. | 你又没有攻击那个男人 |
[10:25] | You had me offer him a job | 你不过让我给他 |
[10:26] | in the greatest state in the union. | 在最好的州找个工作 |
[10:28] | Okay, Tex. | 好吧 德克萨斯粉丝 |
[10:31] | If I never said anything, how could she know? | 我从没对谁说过 她怎么会知道 |
[10:34] | You’re not the first one I approached. | 我第一个找上的人不是你 |
[10:35] | You’re just the first one who said yes. | 你只是第一个答应的而已 |
[10:43] | – I’m done. I’m done – Come on. | -我受够了 受够了 -拜托 |
[10:44] | Please, just be Bud — for a couple days. | 求你了 扮演一下巴德 就扮一两天 |
[10:47] | You can do some chores, maybe I can | 你可以干些杂活儿 然后或许 |
[10:48] | berate you a little bit to really sell it. | 我再呵斥你两句 装得更像点 |
[10:50] | Do you hear how insane you sound? | 你听不出你的话有多过分吗 |
[10:51] | Chores? | 让我干杂活儿 |
[10:53] | All right, you know what? | 好吧 你知道吗 |
[10:53] | You — you deal with your grandmother however you want. | 你想怎么对付你奶奶随便你 |
[10:55] | – Lily and I will just go get a hotel room. – No, you can’t. | -我和莉莉要去找酒店住 -不行 |
[10:58] | Fine. Motel, silo — | 好吧 没酒店就找汽车旅馆或粮仓 |
[10:59] | whatever you got around here. | 什么都行 |
[11:00] | No, that alarm means there’s a tornado coming right now. | 不 那个警报表示龙卷风马上要来了 |
[11:03] | Oh, god. Well, where’s lily? | 我的天 莉莉在哪里 |
[11:05] | I hope she’s not still out in the field. | 但愿她不会还在田里 |
[11:06] | Lil-y-y-y-y! | 莉莉 |
[11:08] | You can’t just call her like a pig! | 你不能像唤猪一样地叫她 |
[11:10] | Lil-y-y-y-y-y! | 莉莉 |
[11:13] | Okay, this is just a farm thing, | 好吧 只能在农场这样叫 |
[11:14] | not, like, a mall thing. | 回到城里大商场可不行 |
[11:15] | – What’s that, city voice? Hmm? – Just go. | -你说什么 城市之声 -快走吧 |
[11:19] | This is really in there good. | 这个缠得真够紧的 |
[11:20] | Get her off of me. | 让她离我远点 |
[11:21] | I’m getting dumb through osmosis. | 她身上的傻气要渗透给我了 |
[11:23] | I don’t have osmosis. | 我才没有渗透这种东西 |
[11:25] | Oh, great. Chuck’s here with the pizza. | 太好了 查克把披萨送来了 |
[11:27] | Gloria, can you please get it? | 歌洛莉亚 你可以去开下门吗 |
[11:28] | No. You two be nice to each other | 不行 你们两个得对彼此友善点 |
[11:31] | and figure it out. | 自己解决 |
[11:35] | Oh, hey, Chuck. | 你好 查克 |
[11:36] | I didn’t think you’d be working tonight. | 我没想到你今晚还要工作 |
[11:38] | Hey. What are you doing here? | 你好 你怎么会在这里 |
[11:39] | Oh, this is my grandfather’s house. | 这里是我外公的家 |
[11:40] | There’s a pool. Do you swim? | 后院有游泳池 你会游泳吗 |
[11:42] | You look like you swim. | 看你这身材一定会 |
[11:43] | I do. | 我确实会游 |
[11:45] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:47] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[11:48] | Oh, yeah. Totally. Just a cramp. | 还好 没事 有点抽筋而已 |
[11:50] | I work out. One second. | 我经常锻炼 稍等一下 |
[11:53] | – You little… – Shut up. | -你个小… -闭嘴 |
[11:57] | Hey, you. | 你好啊 |
[11:58] | Hey, brown eyes. | 你好 棕眼美女 |
[12:03] | Okay, cool. Thanks. Bye. | 好的 谢谢 再见 |
[12:06] | Bye! | 再见 |
[12:07] | – What? – Shut up, dork. | -干嘛 -闭嘴 笨蛋 |
[12:09] | Don’t be nervous, honey. | 别紧张 亲爱的 |
[12:10] | There’s nothing to be scared of. | 没有什么好害怕的 |
[12:11] | Take it easy, mama. Don’t break a hip. | 放轻松 妈妈 别把屁股摔了 |
[12:14] | I’m telling you right now. | 告诉你吧 |
[12:15] | I am not pretending to be something I’m not, | 我才不要假装成别人 |
[12:16] | especially in front of our daughter. | 尤其是当着女儿的面 |
[12:17] | Oh, so I can’t kiss you in front of your dad for six years, | 我六年都不能当着你爸的面亲你 |
[12:20] | and you can’t give me two days? | 你就不能为了我忍两天吗 |
[12:22] | We’re saving an old lady some unnecessary upset. | 我们是为了不让老太太难过 |
[12:25] | Why don’t you give her a little credit? | 为什么不给她多点信任呢 |
[12:26] | She might be more open-minded than you think. | 她说不定比你想的更开明 |
[12:28] | Well, you’re a cute little Chinese thing. | 你个可爱的小中国娃 |
[12:32] | Actually, gram, she’s, uh, from Vietnam, | 奶奶 其实她是越南人 |
[12:35] | and her name’s Lily. | 她叫莉莉 |
[12:37] | Dad, how long do we have to stay down here? | 爸爸 我们还得在这呆多久 |
[12:39] | “Dad”? | “爸爸” |
[12:41] | Okay, well, I guess there’s no way around this. | 好吧 看来真没辙了 |
[12:43] | Ac– actually, ma’am… | 其 其实 |
[12:45] | …she’s my kin. | 她是我家的 |
[12:47] | So, you got a Chinese wife, Bud? | 那你是有个中国妻子咯 巴德 |
[12:49] | No, I-I-I went to vietnam, | 不是 我去了趟越南 |
[12:51] | and I did myself some adopting, | 自己领养了个娃 |
[12:53] | And now I’m raising her all by my lonesome. | 现在我就孤身一人养着她 |
[12:58] | Well, I never thought I’d live long enough to see that. | 我从没直到有生之年还能见识这种事 |
[13:01] | None of us did. | 大家都没想到 |
[13:02] | But I guess there’s nothing more important than family… | 但我想世上最重要的就是家庭了 |
[13:06] | no matter how they come. | 不管这些家庭都是如何建立的 |
[13:08] | Well, that is mighty open-minded of you. | 您真是太开明了 |
[13:10] | Some folks ’round these parts don’t share that progressive– | 有人就不懂分享这种进步 |
[13:12] | I say progressive– sensibility. | 这种进步的情感 |
[13:15] | To each his own. | 青菜萝卜 各有所爱 |
[13:17] | But I do wish I had another | 但我确实希望 |
[13:19] | little one like that to spoil. | 能有这么个小不点儿来宠爱 |
[13:24] | What if I told you you did have a great-grandbaby? | 要是我说你确实有个曾孙女呢 |
[13:26] | – What? – Cam… | -什么 -小卡 |
[13:28] | It’s okay, mama. | 没关系 妈妈 |
[13:30] | What if I told you I was in love, | 要是我说我恋爱了 |
[13:33] | and that I’ve never been happier in my entire life, | 而且我此生从未如此幸福 |
[13:36] | and that I’m about to get married? | 而且我就要结婚了呢 |
[13:38] | I can’t think of anything better. | 那简直是世上最好的消息 |
[13:40] | And what if I told you the love of my life | 要是我告诉你我的毕生至爱 |
[13:44] | is this man standing right here? | 就是这个男人呢 |
[13:47] | Then I’d know why god sent us this tornado. | 难怪上帝要带给我们这场龙卷风 |
[13:50] | Damn. | 该死 |
[13:51] | After the initial shock, gram softened a bit. | 最初的震惊之后 奶奶缓和了一些 |
[13:53] | She even agreed to attend the wedding. | 她甚至同意参加婚礼了 |
[13:55] | Standing outside with a sign. | 举着牌子站在场外抗议 |
[13:56] | Baby steps, Mitchell. Baby steps. | 慢慢来 米奇尔 慢慢来 |
[13:59] | And… our antenna is… | 然后 天线就 |
[14:04] | – reattached. – Yes! | -重新连上了 -赞 |
[14:06] | Oh, this is useless. | 这没用啊 |
[14:07] | Hey, I don’t want to hear talk like that. | 我不想听见这种话 |
[14:10] | If you want inspiration, think about Apollo 13. | 想鼓舞士气就想想阿波罗十三号 |
[14:12] | Jay didn’t give up when he first put together this model. | 杰第一次组装这模型的时候也没有放弃 |
[14:15] | It was hard and complicated, and back then, | 这很难很复杂 而且那时候 |
[14:17] | the print on the instructions was tiny, | 说明书上的字也很小 |
[14:19] | but he persevered. | 可他坚持下去了 |
[14:20] | Also, the astronauts on the actual Apollo 13 | 而且 阿波罗十三号上的宇航员 |
[14:22] | didn’t give up when their actual lives were in danger. | 真的身处险境时也没有放弃 |
[14:24] | Them, too, but they had a lot of other people helping them out. | 是的 但他们有很多人帮忙 |
[14:26] | We’re on our own here. | 我们只能靠自己 |
[14:27] | Okay, I figured out what we need | 我知道我们需要什么东西 |
[14:29] | to reattach that damn landing module. | 来重新组装这该死的着陆模块了 |
[14:31] | Glue won’t work. | 胶水不行 |
[14:32] | We need a very thin filament– | 我们需要根非常细的长丝 |
[14:34] | thinner than thread. | 比线还细的 |
[14:36] | I know what will work. | 我知道什么能行 |
[14:38] | Well, I need to go check on something. | 我得离开一下 |
[14:40] | I told my date I’d be back in a jiff. | 我跟约会对象说我去去就回 |
[14:43] | Back in a jiff. | 去去就回 |
[14:45] | Nothing to do but wait. | 只能等了 |
[14:47] | Why are we making ourselves crazy, Phil? | 我们为何自己乱了阵脚 菲尔 |
[14:49] | I don’t know. I just hate disappointing Jay so much. | 不知道 我就是不想让杰失望 |
[14:52] | He is not an easy guy to please. | 我可不是容易取悦的人 |
[14:54] | I know, but when you do, it’s pretty sweet, ain’t it? | 我知道 可一旦成功就很幸福 是吧 |
[14:56] | Sure is. | 必须的 |
[14:57] | You’re lucky to have a dad like that. | 你很幸运有这么个老爸 |
[15:00] | Hard not to be hurt by that, son. | 很难不受伤啊 儿子 |
[15:04] | How have I never noticed how loud you breathe? | 我怎么以前没发现你喘气这么大声 |
[15:06] | Aw, don’t beat yourself up– that’d require you | 别自责了 那需要你 |
[15:08] | to notice something that isn’t about you. | 注意到你自己以外的事情 |
[15:09] | Oh, my god, you are such a loser! | 天呐 你真失败 |
[15:10] | I can’t be stuck to you all day! | 我可不能整天都跟你在一起 |
[15:11] | Okay, that’s it! I cannot listen to this anymore! | 够了 我听不下去了 |
[15:14] | I’m going to cut you two out of there. | 我要把你俩剪开 |
[15:16] | No! Gloria, no! My hair! | 不 歌洛莉亚 我的头发 |
[15:18] | – Too late! – Okay, okay! Just cut mine. | -太晚了 -好吧 剪我的就好 |
[15:20] | Yeah, cut hers! Wait. Why? | 没错 剪她的 等等 为什么 |
[15:22] | No one cares what I look like, anyway. | 反正也没人关心我长什么样 |
[15:25] | You don’t really think that. | 你才不是真的这么想 |
[15:26] | Yeah, well, kind of. | 多少有一点 |
[15:27] | You didn’t see the way that Chuck was looking at you? | 你没看到查克看你的眼神吗 |
[15:29] | Wait, you actually think I’m a threat? | 等等 你真觉得我对你是个威胁吗 |
[15:32] | I’m not gonna say that out loud. | 我不会说出来的 |
[15:34] | Aww, that’s so sweet. | 这真窝心 |
[15:35] | Well, if I ever had a boyfriend, | 要是我有男朋友 |
[15:37] | I wouldn’t trust him with you for five seconds. | 我绝对不会让他和你独处五秒的 |
[15:40] | Okay. Let’s finish this job. | 好了 结束吧 |
[15:42] | Gloria, no, you can’t cut– | 歌洛莉亚 别 不能剪 |
[15:43] | And there you go. | 搞定了 |
[15:45] | That’s it. That was easy. | 就这样 小菜一碟 |
[15:47] | Why did you wait an hour to do this? | 你为什么等了一小时才这样做 |
[15:48] | Why did you wait 15 years to do that? | 你们为什么等了15年才那么做呢 |
[15:50] | At least this way, nothing bad happened | 至少这样 大家的秀发 |
[15:52] | to anyone’s pretty hair. | 都不会受损 |
[15:59] | Oh, honey. I didn’t hear you come in. | 女儿 我没听到你进来 |
[16:02] | – How was the rest of your night? – Let’s see. | -晚上过得如何 -这么说吧 |
[16:04] | After you bailed on me, | 在你放了我鸽子之后 |
[16:05] | Mark from Closetopia yakked my ear off, | 衣柜乌托邦的马可一直冲我喋喋不休 |
[16:09] | and then told me I look like Heidi Klum, | 还说我长得像海蒂·克鲁姆 |
[16:10] | which is such an obvious come-on. | 这简直是赤裸裸的挑逗 |
[16:12] | Mark’s gay. | 马可是同性恋 |
[16:13] | Well, in that case, my night stank. | 这样的话 今晚糟透了 |
[16:14] | And I didn’t bail. | 我没有放你鸽子 |
[16:16] | I know a lot of people here. They pulled me away. | 这里很多人跟我很熟 他们把我拉走的 |
[16:18] | Hey, these robes are terrific. | 这睡袍棒极了 |
[16:19] | You know, there’s one for you in the closet. | 衣柜里有你一件 |
[16:21] | You ought to put it on. | 你一定要穿上感受一下 |
[16:22] | I don’t want a robe. | 我不想穿浴袍 |
[16:23] | Dad, were you avoiding me tonight? | 爸 你今晚是不是在躲我 |
[16:25] | Why would I avoid you? | 我为什么要躲你 |
[16:27] | Trust me — soft, like butter. | 相信我 柔软的像黄油一样 |
[16:29] | Right in there. | 就在那里挂着 |
[16:30] | Don’t make me ask. | 不要非让我问出口 |
[16:31] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[16:33] | You and Rita 20 years ago — | 20年前你和丽塔 |
[16:35] | – It’s okay. I know. – Oh, geez. | -没什么 我都知道了 -天呐 |
[16:38] | I get it. Things happen. | 我理解 这种事时有发生 |
[16:40] | – Really? – It was a long time ago. | -真的么 -事情过去很久了 |
[16:42] | Well, I appreciate it. | 好吧 感谢理解 |
[16:43] | I just want to say I’m not proud of it. | 我只能说我并不以此为傲 |
[16:46] | If I had known him then like I know him now, | 如果那时我能像现在这样了解他 |
[16:48] | I never would have tried to get rid of Phil. | 我绝不会试图把菲尔从你身边赶走 |
[16:50] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[16:55] | “Get rid of Phil”? What are you talking about? | 把菲尔赶走 你在说什么 |
[16:57] | What are you talking about? | 你又在说什么 |
[16:58] | You and Rita had an affair. | 你和丽塔的婚外情 |
[17:00] | No, we didn’t. That’s crazy. | 不 我们没有 那也太离谱了 |
[17:02] | Well, okay, good night. | 好吧 晚安 |
[17:04] | “Get rid of phil” — what does that even mean? | 把菲尔赶走 你那么说是什么意思 |
[17:06] | It doesn’t mean anything. You had just started dating. | 没什么意思 你们刚开始约会 |
[17:07] | You know I was never hot on the guy. | 你知道我一直不喜欢那个家伙 |
[17:09] | I told Rita to offer him | 我让丽塔在德克萨斯州 |
[17:10] | a sales job in Texas. | 给他找了个销售职位 |
[17:12] | I remember that, but that wasn’t when we were dating. | 我记得 但那不是在我们约会的阶段 |
[17:14] | – We were engaged. – Doesn’t matter. | -我们都订婚了 -那不重要 |
[17:16] | Phil didn’t take the job anyway. | 菲尔也没有接受那份工作 |
[17:17] | If anything, my little test | 如果一定要说有什么后果 |
[17:19] | proved how much he loved you. | 我的小测试证明了他有多爱你 |
[17:20] | You’re welcome. We’ll talk in the morning. | 不用客气 我们明早再谈 |
[17:21] | Oh, how dare you — “You’re welcom” please. | 你怎么能这样 还说什么不用客气 |
[17:23] | Oh, I can’t even be in the same room with you. | 我都不想跟你共处一室了 |
[17:25] | – Where is my coat? – Uh, Claire. | -我的外套在哪 -克莱尔 |
[17:26] | Ugh, unbelievable. | 真是不敢相信 |
[17:27] | “I don’t like my son-in-law, | 我不喜欢我的女婿 |
[17:29] | so I’m gonna ship him off to Texas.” | 所以我要把他打发到德克萨斯去 |
[17:30] | Real mature way to deal with your problems, dad. | 爸 你这样处理问题真是成熟 |
[17:32] | – I get that point. – Yeah. Real mature. | -我明白你的意思 -是啊 真成熟 |
[17:36] | – That’s real mature, too. – That’s tradition. | -这样整人也很成熟 -这是传统 |
[17:37] | – It’s the skeleton… – In the closet. Oh, I get it. | -那是个骷髅 -在衣橱里 我知道 |
[17:40] | I’m really sorry, but before you go storming out of here, | 我非常抱歉 但在你气冲冲地离开之前 |
[17:43] | you want to talk about a certain phone call I got | 你想不想谈谈几年前我接到的 |
[17:46] | from immigration a few years ago? | 一通移民局打来的电话 |
[17:48] | I had just started dating Gloria. | 那时我刚开始和歌洛莉亚约会 |
[17:50] | They were acting on an anonymous tip. | 他们说有人匿名举报 |
[17:55] | It’s very late. | 时候不早了 |
[17:57] | We have a very big day tomorrow. | 明天还有不少事情要做 |
[17:59] | You know, Claire, I’ve really come to like Phil. | 克莱尔 我现在越来越喜欢菲尔了 |
[18:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:04] | And the irony is, | 但讽刺的是 |
[18:05] | he would really love that skeleton gag. | 他会很喜欢这个骷髅的梗 |
[18:08] | Try it out on him. You got | 你可以在他身上试试 |
[18:08] | to take care of that thing till next year. | 明年的会议之前骷髅由你来保管 |
[18:10] | Oh, god. | 天哪 |
[18:11] | Wait, before you turn that out, | 等等 在你关灯之前 |
[18:12] | have we talked about everything we need to? | 我们得确认一下没什么需要谈的了吧 |
[18:14] | ’cause I want everything out in the clear here. | 因为我想把一切都说开 |
[18:18] | Yeah. We have. | 是的 没有了 |
[18:20] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:28] | I did make out with Rita once about 15 years ago. | 大概15年前我确实和丽塔亲热过一次 |
[18:31] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:37] | All that’s left… | 剩下的就是 |
[18:39] | is to reattach the lander to the command module. | 要把着陆舱连接到驾驶舱上 |
[18:43] | We got one shot at this, fellas. | 我们只有一次机会 伙计们 |
[18:44] | If we fail, | 如果失败了 |
[18:45] | Jay’s gonna burn up on re-entry into this house. Am I right? | 杰一回到家就会发疯的 对吧 |
[18:48] | Hole in one, son! | 一次搞定 儿子 |
[18:49] | Thanks, dad. | 谢谢 老爸 |
[18:50] | Boys, if this thing goes sideways, | 孩子们 如果这事搞砸了 |
[18:51] | I don’t want you to be here to see it. | 我不想你们亲眼看到 |
[18:53] | – So go on. – But, dad — | -所以快走 -但爸爸 |
[18:55] | No, you listen to me! | 不 听我的 |
[19:06] | Okay, Phil. | 好的 菲尔 |
[19:09] | Okay, Philip. | 好吧 菲利普 |
[19:11] | Steady. | 稳一点 |
[19:13] | He’s locked in. | 他要开始了 |
[19:19] | Not now, nerves. | 现在不是紧张的时候 |
[19:23] | Hold. | 稳住 |
[19:25] | Hold. | 稳住 |
[19:26] | Be a hero. | 当个英雄 |
[19:27] | Bring her home. | 带她回家 |
[19:29] | I guess I’ll call a cab. | 我看我还是打车走吧 |
[19:30] | So long, Jeanine. | 再见 珍宁 |
[19:35] | Is it? Is — | 难道 这是 |
[19:38] | It is! | 完成了 |
[19:39] | Splashdown! | 成功溅落 |
[19:45] | Son of a bitch, he did it. | 狗娘养的 他成功了 |
[19:53] | Yeah! Gloria, get in here! | 歌洛莉亚 快来 |
[19:56] | There we go! | 快来 |
[19:57] | – Dad, you did it! – Yes, I did! | -爸 你成功了 -是啊 成功了 |
[19:59] | I love it! I love it! | 太棒了 太棒了 |
[20:02] | I love it! | 太棒了 |
[20:10] | Phil, honey. Come to bed. | 菲尔 亲爱的 快上床 |
[20:13] | This robe feels like butter. | 这浴袍滑的像黄油一样 |
[20:20] | I missed this, honey. | 太怀念了 亲爱的 |
[20:22] | That yoga’s really paying off. | 这瑜伽课可真是物超所值啊 |
[20:25] | Hey, whoa. Slow down, baby. | 悠着点 宝贝 |
[20:27] | You can’t gun a cold engine. | 发动机可还没烧热呢 |
[20:31] | But if you’re — then who’s — | 但是如果这是 那是谁 |
[20:33] | When did you know? | 你什么时候发现的 |
[20:34] | When it didn’t complain about my socks. | 它没有抱怨我穿着袜子 |
[20:36] | You checked the closet, didn’t you? | 你检查过衣橱了 是不是 |
[20:38] | Every night before bed. | 每晚睡前都会检查 |
[20:40] | I really don’t understand it. It’s so silly. | 我真的不懂 那好傻 |
[20:41] | I mean, if somebody really wanted to kill you, | 我是说 如果真的有人想杀你 |
[20:43] | obviously they’d just hide under the bed. | 很明显他们会藏在床下 |
[20:46] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:48] | Damn it. | 妈的 |