时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Okay. I’m taking off. | 好了 我出门了 |
[00:03] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[00:04] | I thought we were going to give a chicken | 我们不是约好要让那只鸡度过 |
[00:05] | the best day of its life. | 生命中最美好的一天吗 |
[00:07] | I hate that we keep rescheduling that, | 我也不想总是改时间 |
[00:09] | but being a realtor man means working on sundays, | 可是当地产经纪人就得周末上班 |
[00:12] | like priests and Lesley Stahl. | 就像神父和莱斯利·斯塔尔一样 |
[00:14] | Good luck out there, honey. | 祝你好运 亲爱的 |
[00:15] | We’re all counting on you. | 我们都指着你了 |
[00:16] | Just got to make it through this commute. | 希望能成功到达那里 |
[00:19] | I’ll call when I get there. | 到了会告诉你的 |
[00:21] | 有房待售 菲尔·邓菲 | |
[00:23] | I’m there! | 我到了 |
[00:25] | Have a great day! | 祝你愉快 |
[00:26] | I am handling the sale of our neighbor Jerry’s house. | 我在帮我们的邻居杰瑞卖房子 |
[00:29] | He’s selling it and moving into a bachelor pad | 他要卖了房子搬去单身公寓 |
[00:31] | now that he’s officially divorced. | 因为他已经正式离婚了 |
[00:33] | Which is great! | 这太棒了 |
[00:34] | Well, I don’t know about “great.” | 我没觉得很棒 |
[00:36] | I mean, you can come and go as you please, I suppose, | 可能的确来去自由一些 |
[00:39] | and maybe see what’s up with the U.P.S. girl | 也许还能和送快递的姑娘调调情 |
[00:41] | who’s always asking if you work out, or — | 她总是会问你是否健身 |
[00:42] | It’s great because we have the rare opportunity | 这很棒是因为我们居然有机会 |
[00:45] | to choose our new neighbors. | 选择我们的新邻居 |
[00:47] | While still looking out | 当然同时还要 |
[00:48] | for my client’s best interests, of course. | 兼顾我客户的利益 |
[00:50] | Winkwink. | 你懂的 |
[00:52] | I’m in kind of in a delicate spot — | 我现在处境有点微妙 |
[00:53] | stuck between my wife and the guy next door, | 夹在老婆和隔壁的哥们之间左右为难 |
[00:55] | but I’m pretty sure I can satisfy them both simultaneously. | 不过我有把握同时满足他们两个 |
[01:00] | Okay. That’s them. That’s them. | 好了 他们来了 他们来了 |
[01:01] | Everybody look like you’re gardening. | 所有人都装成做园艺的样子 |
[01:02] | Luke, grab that little hoe. | 卢克 拿起那把小锄头 |
[01:04] | Uh, I — I don’t think that’s what she meant. | 她说的不是那个意思 |
[01:07] | Is it? | 对吧 |
[01:08] | Okay, why are we doing this? | 我们为什么要这么做 |
[01:09] | This is their third visit, and we want to look good. | 这是他们第三次来了 我们要表现好点 |
[01:12] | What’s so great about them? | 他们有什么好的 |
[01:14] | They’re very well-liked in their neighborhood, | 他们在原来的社区很受欢迎 |
[01:15] | they have very polite children, | 他们的孩子很懂礼貌 |
[01:17] | and they are sophisticated. | 他们很有深度 |
[01:18] | The husband is a huge wine collector. | 那个男的收藏了很多红酒 |
[01:21] | Oh, there it is. | 这才是重点 |
[01:22] | All right, this is it. This is it. | 好了 快点 快点 |
[01:23] | Okay, look sharp. | 看着精神点儿 |
[01:25] | Luke, what’s on your face? | 卢克 你脸上是什么 |
[01:26] | I don’t know. What color is it? | 我不知道 什么颜色的 |
[01:27] | Why isn’t it coming off? | 怎么弄不下来 |
[01:30] | This feels like a panic move. | 这种行为太奇怪了 |
[01:32] | Hey… again. Hello. | 你们好 |
[01:35] | – Morning. – Hello. | -早安 -你们好 |
[01:36] | Just doing a little family gardening. | 家庭园艺时间 |
[01:41] | See ya. | 回见 |
[01:42] | It’s peanut butter, by the way. | 顺便说一句那是花生酱 |
[01:44] | We ran out of peanut butter two days ago. | 可两天前花生酱就吃光了 |
[02:01] | Holy cow. It works! | 我的神哪 管用了 |
[02:03] | What is he doing? | 他在干嘛 |
[02:05] | He’s putting socks in a soda box and pulling them out. | 他把袜子放进汽水包装里再拿出来 |
[02:08] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[02:09] | This is like when my grandmother | 这和我祖母那时开始 |
[02:10] | started combing her hair with a cactus. | 用仙人掌梳头发一样 |
[02:14] | Jay, Jay, who is the president? | 杰 杰 总统是谁 |
[02:17] | I will be when they see this. | 这玩意儿能让我当上总统 |
[02:18] | Check this out. | 瞧瞧这个 |
[02:20] | What’s my biggest problem in the bedroom? | 我在卧室里最大的难题是什么 |
[02:23] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[02:24] | It’s that I’m always wearing the same socks | 我总是穿同一双袜子 |
[02:26] | Because they’re always up front. | 因为它们总是在最上面 |
[02:28] | But this bad boy stores and rotates your socks. | 但是这玩意能存放并轮换袜子 |
[02:32] | It’s gonna revolutionize the closet industry. | 这将创造衣柜界的历史 |
[02:34] | What an exciting time to be alive. | 我真是生在一个黄金时代 |
[02:36] | I’m gonna get my lawyer on the horn, | 我得找律师聊聊 |
[02:38] | try to lock the name down. | 早点把名字的专利申请下来 |
[02:39] | Check this — | 这个怎么样 |
[02:41] | “Sock it to me.” | “袜掘机” |
[02:42] | How about “Soxbox?” | “袜袜机器”怎么样 |
[02:43] | Gloria, please. | 歌洛莉亚 拜托 |
[02:44] | I’m selling a lifestyle here. | 我是要推崇一种生活方式 |
[02:46] | Uh, Mom, we’re gonna go head out by the pool. | 妈 我们去泳池那玩 |
[02:48] | No, no, no, wait. Say hello. | 不不不 等等 打个招呼 |
[02:50] | Jay, this is Sophie. | 杰 这是索菲 |
[02:51] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:51] | Hi, Mr. Pritchett. | 你好 普里契特先生 |
[02:53] | What’s that? Some sort of sock dispenser? | 那是什么 自动配袜机吗 |
[02:54] | Bingo! I’m in the closet business. | 没错 我是做衣柜生意的 |
[02:56] | And this is a crude prototype of my new invention. | 这是我的新发明的雏形 |
[02:59] | What a great idea. | 这创意真棒 |
[03:01] | You rotate your socks | 它能帮你替换袜子 |
[03:02] | so you don’t keep wearing the same ones. | 这样就不会一直穿同一双了 |
[03:03] | That’s exactly right. | 完全正确 |
[03:05] | I call it “Sock it to me.” | 我叫它”袜掘机” |
[03:06] | That’s so clever. | 这名字真妙 |
[03:07] | It’s funny, and it tells you what it does. | 很幽默 还说明了它的功能 |
[03:09] | Imagine it in walnut. | 想象一下用胡桃木做的样子 |
[03:10] | What’s happening? | 这怎么回事 |
[03:11] | I — I am so sorry that he’s boring you. | 我很抱歉他这么无聊 |
[03:14] | No, I like this sort of stuff. | 不 我对这些很感兴趣 |
[03:15] | My grandpa Earl’s in the closet business, too. | 我爷爷厄尔也是做衣柜生意的 |
[03:17] | Wait, wait. Earl? | 等等 厄尔 |
[03:18] | Not — not Earl Chambers. | 不会是厄尔·钱伯斯吧 |
[03:19] | Yeah, he owns closets, closets, closets… | 对 他拥有”衣柜衣柜衣柜… |
[03:21] | Closets. Yeah. | 衣柜”公司 我知道 |
[03:23] | I know your grandpa. | 我认识你爷爷 |
[03:24] | It was 1980. | 1980年 |
[03:25] | Earl and I had just formed our company, Closet-Fornia. | 厄尔和我合办了”衣橱福尼亚”公司 |
[03:28] | Business was great, high-end clients, | 生意很不错 高端客户 |
[03:30] | maybe a celebrity or two. | 还有一两个名流光顾 |
[03:31] | I shouldn’t name names. Anyway… | 不过我不方便说出他们的名字 |
[03:34] | Came to work one day, | 有一天我上班的时候 |
[03:35] | and earl’s desk had been cleared out. | 发现厄尔的桌子被清空了 |
[03:37] | He had badmouthed me to half our rolodex. | 他对我们一半的客户说了我的坏话 |
[03:39] | It was devastating. | 我都绝望了 |
[03:40] | I had to start all over. | 我只能重新开始 |
[03:44] | Well, what the hell? | 算了 告诉你们吧 |
[03:45] | It was Larry Hagman. | 拉里·哈格曼曾是我们的客户 |
[03:46] | Heck of a guy. | 那家伙很棒 |
[03:47] | Heart as big as his hat. | 胸怀宽广似海洋 |
[03:49] | Hey, you’re back already? | 这么快就回来了 |
[03:51] | How was the birthday party? | 生日派对怎么样 |
[03:52] | I rode a unicorn. | 我骑了一头独角兽 |
[03:53] | Yes, you did. | 对 没错 |
[03:55] | All by your lonesome. | 自己一个人骑上去的 |
[03:57] | It wasn’t a real unicorn. | 不是真的独角兽 |
[03:59] | Thank you. | 多谢解释 |
[04:00] | I’m gonna go and do homework. | 我准备去做作业了 |
[04:01] | Don’t knock unless it’s an actual emergency. | 不是紧急事情别来烦我 |
[04:04] | Not a spider. | 比如打蜘蛛什么的 |
[04:07] | Ms. Plank gave her homework on the weekend? | 普兰克老师周末还留作业吗 |
[04:08] | She’s 7. | 她才七岁 |
[04:09] | I know. The woman is insane. | 我知道 那女人疯了 |
[04:11] | But listen. | 不过听着 |
[04:12] | I heard something in the glitter-tattoo line. | 我在荧光纹身贴那里排队时听到了些消息 |
[04:14] | What? | 什么 |
[04:15] | There’s an opening in Miss Sparrow’s class. | 斯帕萝老师的班上有了一个空位 |
[04:17] | Oh, my god! Cam, that’s amazing. | 天哪 小卡 那太棒了 |
[04:18] | We got to get her in. | 我们必须把她换到那个班上 |
[04:19] | I know. We’re going in first thing tomorrow. | 我知道 明天一早我们就去帮她换班 |
[04:21] | Let’s see it. | 给我看看你纹了什么 |
[04:22] | Two dolphins that form a heart. | 两只海豚组成的红心 |
[04:25] | There are two second-grade teachers at Lily’s school — | 莉莉的学校有两位二年级老师 |
[04:27] | Miss Sparrow, | 斯帕萝老师 |
[04:28] | who makes learning fun and adventurous. | 她的课有趣而刺激 |
[04:31] | And then there’s Lily’s teacher, Mrs. Plank, | 以及教莉莉的普兰克老师 |
[04:34] | who is stressing Lily out. | 她快把莉莉逼疯了 |
[04:36] | Let’s see, sweetie. | 让我们看看 宝贝 |
[04:38] | Good job. | 做得真棒 |
[04:39] | Oh, no! I spelled “Tadpole” wrong! | 不 我把蝌蚪拼错了 |
[04:42] | Oh, well, now, that’s just one mistake. | 没关系 只是个小错误而已 |
[04:45] | Mrs. Plank doesn’t tolerate mistakes! | 普兰克老师不允许有错误 |
[04:48] | – Okay. – All right. | -好吧 -好吧 |
[04:49] | I call Mrs. Plank “Mrs. Crank.” | 我称普兰克老师为”可烂老师” |
[04:53] | Because, you know, | 因为 |
[04:54] | I have the courage to say what others won’t. | 我有勇气说出别人不敢说的 |
[04:56] | Behind her back. | 背着她说 |
[04:58] | And I also helped the previous owners | 我一年前帮上一个房主 |
[05:00] | install a brand-new tankless water heater a year ago, | 装了全新的即热式热水系统 |
[05:03] | but did they show any gratitude? | 但是他们有感激我吗 |
[05:04] | Nope! | 没有 |
[05:05] | Because it’s a “Tankless” job. | 因为这工作”不用谢”[谐音] |
[05:07] | Yes! | 没错 |
[05:08] | Please move in. | 搬过来吧 |
[05:09] | We can riff like this all the time. | 我们可以经常这么即兴创作段子 |
[05:11] | So, what do ya think? Do you still love it? | 你们觉得怎么样 还喜欢吗 |
[05:13] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[05:14] | I can just see filling this yard with flowers. | 我已经在想象在院子里种满鲜花 |
[05:17] | Just like we’re pretending to do. | 和我们假装在干的一样 |
[05:21] | By the way, I love those shoes. | 话说我很喜欢你的鞋子 |
[05:22] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:24] | George’s firm does P.R. for about 10 shoe brands. | 乔治的公司在为大概十家鞋子品牌做公关 |
[05:27] | If we end up living here, | 如果我们搬进来 |
[05:28] | trust me, you’ll be swimming in shoes. | 相信我 你们会被淹没在鞋子的海洋 |
[05:30] | I’ve had that dream. | 我做过这个梦 |
[05:32] | Speaking of dreams, what do you think? | 说起梦想 你们怎么想 |
[05:33] | You guys ready to pull the trigger? | 准备好提笔签约了吗 |
[05:35] | I think we are. | 我想准备好了 |
[05:37] | – That’s great! – Yes! | -棒极了 -太好了 |
[05:38] | I’m a size 6! | 我穿六号鞋 |
[05:41] | Not since I fell off the roof | 自从上次我从房顶上掉下来 |
[05:43] | while they were delivering our trampoline | 刚好摔在正被送来的蹦床上 |
[05:44] | have things come together so beautifully. | 就再没发生过这么美好的事了 |
[05:47] | 有房待售 菲尔·邓菲 | |
[05:47] | See you soon! | 再见 |
[05:48] | We did it. | 成功了 |
[05:48] | We are gonna have the best neighbors ever! | 我们就要迎来史上最棒的邻居了 |
[05:52] | What’s that noise? | 这什么声音 |
[05:54] | Cool! | 酷 |
[05:59] | I don’t want to see a stupid house. | 我才不想看什么破房子 |
[06:00] | Hey, how ’bout you shut up and not embarrass us? | 你能不能闭上嘴别丢我们的脸 |
[06:04] | How ’bout you both shut up? | 你俩能不能都闭嘴 |
[06:05] | I’m sick of listening to you. | 听你们说话都听烦了 |
[06:06] | Hey, don’t talk to your dad like that, | 别这么跟你爸说话 |
[06:08] | or you can go live with your boyfriend. | 不然就搬去跟你男友住 |
[06:09] | He’s not my boyfriend. | 他不是我男友 |
[06:11] | I just make out with him | 我只是跟他亲热而已 |
[06:12] | so I don’t have to take his class again. | 这样就不用再上他的课了 |
[06:13] | We should go say hi. | 我们该去打个招呼 |
[06:14] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 不 不 |
[06:16] | Phil, shut it down. | 菲尔 快摘下来 |
[06:16] | I’m trying! What are these things made of? | 我在努力 这东西怎么这么结实 |
[06:18] | Come on. | 快点 |
[06:23] | Dude… | 天啊 |
[06:24] | I love this place. | 我爱死这地方了 |
[06:25] | Me too, baby. | 我也是 亲爱的 |
[06:26] | I always wanted a Spanish house. | 我一直想住在西班牙式的房子里 |
[06:28] | It’ll be like living at an El Torito. | 就好像住在小公牛墨西哥餐厅一样 |
[06:30] | Oh! Your family. | 是你家人 |
[06:31] | Hey, you the neighbors? You like living here?! | 你们是邻居吗 喜欢这地方吗 |
[06:33] | What? I’m so sorry. | 你说什么 不好意思 |
[06:35] | It’s so hard to hear over all that freeway noise, right? | 交通噪音太大 我听不清 |
[06:37] | Hey, then no one’s gonna complain | 这样就不会有人抱怨 |
[06:39] | when I’m revving my cars, my bike, or my lady. | 我驾驶汽车 机车和我老婆时的噪音了 |
[06:45] | I’m Ronnie Lafontaine. | 我叫罗尼·拉方丹 |
[06:46] | And this hot lady right here is my wife, Amber. | 这位辣妹是我老婆 安布尔 |
[06:50] | And these two little hellraisers are Tammy and Ronnie jr. | 这两个小恶魔是塔米和小罗尼 |
[06:54] | Hey, hot stuff. | 你好啊 辣妹 |
[06:55] | M-m-m-me? | 我 我 我吗 |
[06:58] | Um…hello. | 你好啊 |
[07:00] | Damn, this neighborhood’s sweet. | 这地方太好了 |
[07:02] | Yeah, it’s close to my work, too. | 离我工作的地方也很近 |
[07:03] | Wh– uh, what is your line of work, Ronnie? | 你是干什么工作的 罗尼 |
[07:05] | Well, I’m basically a doctor. | 我基本上算是医生 |
[07:07] | Oh, stop being modest. | 别谦虚了 |
[07:08] | He owns, like, a buttload of medical-weed dispensaries. | 他有一大堆医用大麻药房 |
[07:11] | Ah, that’s where I kno– Oh, hello? | 我就说我看你怎么这么眼… 你好 |
[07:15] | Honey, you look a little nauseous. | 大妹子 你好像不太舒服 |
[07:17] | Yeah. Yeah, a little. | 是啊 是有点 |
[07:18] | Hey, I got something for that. | 我有东西能让你舒坦些 |
[07:20] | All good. | 不用了 |
[07:21] | How could you bring her to my home? | 你怎么能把她领家里来 |
[07:24] | She’s the granddaughter of my worst enemy. | 她是我的死敌的孙女 |
[07:26] | I had no idea who she was. | 我又不知道是这样 |
[07:28] | I met her in my theater group. | 我是在戏剧小组认识她的 |
[07:29] | I’m Caesar, and she’s Concubine #3. | 我演凯撒 她演3号小妾 |
[07:31] | It was bound to happen. | 缘由天定躲不掉 |
[07:32] | Earl Chambers is a liar and a backstabber | 厄尔·钱伯斯是个在背后暗算人的骗子 |
[07:35] | who betrayed me and never apologized. | 他背叛了我却从未道歉 |
[07:38] | Jay, please. It’s just closets. | 杰 拜托 不就是衣柜吗 |
[07:40] | I wish it was just closets. | 我倒希望是”就是衣柜”公司的人 |
[07:41] | I respect those guys. | 那帮人还值得我尊敬 |
[07:43] | Damn it, she saw the Sock It To Me! | 糟了 她看到我的”袜掘机”了 |
[07:45] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[07:45] | If she can remember how it works, | 如果她能记得它的工作原理 |
[07:47] | She’s gonna tell Earl all about it. | 她会一五一十地告诉厄尔的 |
[07:49] | If she can remember how it works? | 她会记得它的工作原理 |
[07:51] | You put the sock in a box. | 不就是把袜子放到盒子里 |
[07:52] | Even Joe could have thought of that. | 连乔都能想得出来 |
[07:56] | What else did you discuss with her? | 你还跟她说过什么 |
[07:58] | Did you mention | 你提到过 |
[07:58] | we’ve been experimenting with lighted hanging rods? | 我们在实验发光晾衣杆的事吗 |
[08:02] | I don’t have a great rap with girls, | 我不太擅长和女生聊天 |
[08:03] | but it’s better than that. | 可我不会傻到聊那个 |
[08:04] | Well, you’re gonna use it with someone else | 那你只能和别人聊了 |
[08:06] | ’cause I forbid you to see her. | 因为我禁止你再见她 |
[08:07] | – What? – That’s not fair. | -什么 -这不公平 |
[08:09] | What’s not fair is me picking up the pieces of my life | 不公平的是在我重拾生活的同时 |
[08:11] | while Earl gets to be an extra on “Dallas”! | 厄尔却可以出演《豪门恩怨》 |
[08:21] | Hey, Dunphy. | 邓菲 |
[08:24] | Just checking out this tree. | 我在打量这棵树 |
[08:26] | Oh, yeah, | 是啊 |
[08:28] | it’s really messy, right? | 乱透了 是吧 |
[08:29] | And it makes the house so dark. | 把房子的光都挡住了 |
[08:31] | But the — the rats love it, so… | 不过那些老鼠挺喜欢的 |
[08:34] | Yeah, no worries. I’m gonna cut it down. | 别担心 我会把它砍掉的 |
[08:36] | I don’t want all this sap all over my lawn couch. | 我可不想让树液滴到我的躺椅上 |
[08:39] | Well, I wouldn’t fire up your chainsaw just yet, Ronnie. | 我要是你就不会先急着砍树 罗尼 |
[08:42] | It’s a very competitive market. | 房地产市场竞争很激烈 |
[08:43] | Is there another buyer? | 还有别的买家吗 |
[08:45] | I really shouldn’t say. | 我不能告诉你 |
[08:47] | Is this — is this one of those realtor tricks? | 你这是 在玩地产经纪人的花招吗 |
[08:49] | No. | 不是 |
[08:50] | Where you’re trying to get me to raise my offer? | 你是想用这种方法让我提价吗 |
[08:52] | Oh, no. | 不是 |
[08:52] | Well, it’s working. | 很可惜它奏效了 |
[08:53] | All right. I’ll throw in another 50 grand. | 这样吧 我再加五万 |
[08:56] | What?! That’s a terrible idea! | 什么 这主意糟透了 |
[08:58] | I’m not losing the house. | 我不能错过这房子 |
[09:00] | I had the best sex of my life in there. | 我在里面干了人生最爽的一炮 |
[09:01] | When?! | 什么时候干的 |
[09:06] | Excuse me, Ms. Crank. | 打扰了 可烂老师 |
[09:07] | -Plank. Ms. Plank? | 普兰克 普兰克老师 |
[09:08] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[09:09] | Hi. I– Oh. A frowny-face stamp. | 你好 是个哭脸印章啊 |
[09:12] | I didn’t know they made those. | 我都不知道还有这玩意 |
[09:13] | I had to special order it from Germany. | 我是从德国特别订做的 |
[09:14] | May I help you? | 你们有什么事 |
[09:15] | Uh, well, we’re Lily’s parents. | 我们是莉莉的家长 |
[09:17] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[09:18] | Not so much a problem, no. | 也算不上是问题 |
[09:19] | No, more of an opportunity for you to… | 是啊 更像是给您一个机会… |
[09:22] | lighten your workload. | 减轻工作负担 |
[09:23] | Maybe turn that frowny-face stamp upside down. | 也许能让哭脸印章倒过来 |
[09:27] | Let me guess– | 让我猜猜 |
[09:28] | you’ve heard there’s | 你们听说了 |
[09:28] | an opening in young Ms. Sparrow’s classroom. | 年轻的斯帕萝老师的班上有空位了 |
[09:31] | – What? – Miss who? | -什么 -哪个老师 |
[09:32] | – Is this– Do you– – An opening? | -是那个 你确定 -有空缺 |
[09:33] | No. | 没听说 |
[09:34] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[09:35] | Forgive me for jumping to conclusions. | 请原谅我妄下结论 |
[09:37] | By all means, tell me why you’re here. | 请你们告诉我你们有何贵干 |
[09:41] | Well, we– we’ve just, uh, stopped by, | 我们 我们就是顺路 |
[09:43] | Uh, in the neighborhood to | 过来一趟 |
[09:44] | – say hello. – Say hi. Hi. | -打个招呼 -问个好 你好 |
[09:47] | And, also, um… | 另外… |
[09:48] | 今日词汇 丑角 | |
[09:49] | about this opening in Miss Sparrow’s class | 有关您推荐给莉莉的 |
[09:51] | that you suggested for Lily. | 斯帕萝老师的班 |
[09:52] | Is that something that you would… | 您觉得这事… |
[09:55] | That you would think would be a good idea? | 您觉得这主意好吗 |
[09:56] | Parents are not allowed | 家长无权 |
[09:57] | to choose their children’s teachers. | 给孩子选择老师 |
[09:59] | No, and, of course, | 当然了 |
[09:59] | I would never suggest special treatment for Lily | 我肯定不会为莉莉要求特殊对待 |
[10:02] | even if she is a — a former orphan and minority | 尽管她曾是孤儿 又是外国移民 |
[10:06] | and– and daughter of two gay men. | 还是两个同志的女儿 |
[10:07] | That’s a big load on those little shoulders. | 对她来说可是一大负担 |
[10:09] | Are you suggesting that your daughter is at a disadvantage | 你们的意思是你们女儿处于不利 |
[10:12] | because she’s being raised by gay parents? | 因为她是被同志家庭养大的吗 |
[10:16] | Is it working? | 这能打动您吗 |
[10:21] | Okay. You know what? | 好吧 说实话 |
[10:22] | Look. Uh, we just don’t think that Lily responds | 我们只不过觉得莉莉不太接受 |
[10:25] | to your, uh, teaching methods, | 您的教学方法 |
[10:28] | and we think she would be happier in Miss Sparrow’s class. | 我们觉得她在斯帕萝老师的课上会更开心 |
[10:32] | We would all be happier | 在那个被她 |
[10:34] | in that new-age drum circle she calls a classroom. | 称为教室的游乐场里我们都会更开心的 |
[10:37] | Okay, well, we didn’t mean to offend you. | 好吧 我们无意冒犯 |
[10:39] | We’re not saying you’re any worse than her. | 我们不是说你比她的差 |
[10:41] | She. | 比她差 |
[10:42] | Ma’am? | 您说什么 |
[10:42] | “Than she.” | 比她差 |
[10:44] | That’s proper English. | 这才是正确的语法 |
[10:46] | It’s too bad Lily won’t learn it. | 真遗憾莉莉学不到了 |
[10:48] | So she can go. | 所以她能去咯 |
[10:49] | As far as I’m concerned, she’s gone already. | 据我所知 她已经去了 |
[10:51] | One more child left behind. | 又一个落在后面的小孩 |
[10:53] | Okay, you know what? No. Lily will be fine, | 知道吗 不 莉莉会很好的 |
[10:55] | ’cause she’s gonna have the chance to thrive | 因为她会在一个更有爱的环境里 |
[10:57] | in a more supportive environment. | 有蓬勃发展的机会 |
[10:59] | Yeah, you don’t need to worry about she. | 是啊 你没必要担心她 |
[11:04] | This place is a great idea, Gloria. | 来这里真是个好主意 歌洛莉亚 |
[11:06] | Did I ever tell you | 我跟你说过吗 |
[11:07] | this is where I first tried pretzel bread? | 我就是在这里第一次吃了椒盐卷饼面包 |
[11:09] | Hello, Jay. | 你好 杰 |
[11:11] | Hello, Earl. | 你好 厄尔 |
[11:13] | I invited him | 我邀请了他 |
[11:14] | so that you two finally can bury the machete. | 好让你们能放下彼此间过去的矛盾 |
[11:17] | Well, this scumbag already buried it in my back. | 这个人渣曾在背后给过我一”矛” |
[11:19] | You son of a bitch! | 你个王八蛋 |
[11:21] | No! No! No! No! | 别这样 别这样 |
[11:22] | Stop it! Sit down! | 住手 坐下来 |
[11:24] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[11:26] | You two need to be friends. | 你俩得成为朋友 |
[11:27] | You’re the only two people in the world | 世界上只有你们两个人 |
[11:29] | that care so much about closets. | 这么在意衣柜 |
[11:30] | This is silly! | 这太愚蠢了 |
[11:32] | I guess those angled shelves | 那些摆放着 |
[11:33] | that display all your precious shoes are silly. | 你的宝贝鞋子的架子才愚蠢 |
[11:35] | Or the rotating tie rack | 或者旋转领带架子 |
[11:37] | that helps a brain surgeon save valuable seconds, | 那能帮脑外科医生节约珍贵的时间 |
[11:40] | and, just maybe, a life. | 也许救下一条人命 |
[11:41] | You fought me every step of the way on that. | 你当时对我步步阻挠 |
[11:42] | Because the technology wasn’t there yet. | 因为科技还没发展到那种地步 |
[11:44] | People were gonna get hurt! | 人们会受伤的 |
[11:45] | – If you would open your ears — – Enough! | -如果你能听听 -够了 |
[11:47] | You two are acting like two little boys. | 你俩表现得像小孩子一样 |
[11:50] | So I’m gonna have to handle this | 所以我要用我妈妈对付 |
[11:51] | how my mother handled my two brothers. | 我的两个弟弟的方法来对你们 |
[11:54] | It’s either you two work this out… | 你俩要么解决这事 |
[11:59] | …or you kill each other. | 要么杀了对方 |
[12:04] | When Reefer Madness raised his offer, | 当疯狂的大麻毒贩提高报价时 |
[12:06] | we invited the Thompsons over | 我们邀请了汤普森夫妇过来 |
[12:07] | to try to convince them to raise theirs. | 试图说服他们也提高报价 |
[12:10] | We wanted to show them | 我们想向他们展示 |
[12:11] | that the best thing about that house | 那所房子的最大优点 |
[12:12] | is its location. | 就是它的位置 |
[12:14] | It’s Dunphy-adjacent. | 它位于邓菲家旁边 |
[12:17] | That was so much fun. | 今晚过得很开心 |
[12:18] | We’ll hear from you soon, huh? | 你们很快会给我们答复吧 |
[12:20] | You sure will. | 当然啦 |
[12:21] | Sooner than you think. | 比你想象的更快 |
[12:22] | – All right. – Okay, bye. | -好吧 -再见 |
[12:23] | – Drive safe. – See ya. | -小心开车 -回头见 |
[12:26] | Nailed it. | 搞定了 |
[12:27] | Are they gone? | 他们走了吗 |
[12:28] | They are, but don’t you worry. | 是啊 但是别担心 |
[12:29] | We are gonna see a lot more of those two soon. | 我们很快就会经常见到他们了 |
[12:32] | Oh, and hearing from them even sooner. | 更快收到了他们的消息 |
[12:34] | It looks like someone didn’t get their “Phil” of Dunphy. | 看来某人意犹未尽啊 |
[12:38] | No. | 不好 |
[12:39] | What? | 什么 |
[12:41] | They pulled their offer. | 他们撤回报价了 |
[12:42] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 出什么事了 |
[12:43] | You pervs probably freaked ’em out. | 你们两个变态可能吓坏他们了 |
[12:45] | What do you mean, “Pervs”? | 你说变态是什么意思 |
[12:46] | It’s short for perverts. | 就是变态色情狂的简称 |
[12:47] | You guys were throwing yourselves at them all night long. | 你们整晚都在对他们投怀送抱 |
[12:51] | What can I say? That’s shoe business. | 我能怎么说 卖鞋子就是那样的 |
[12:54] | Whoa, no guns allowed in this house. | 进家里可不能带枪 |
[12:57] | Let’s off that top, Lisa. | 脱了上衣吧 丽莎 |
[12:59] | Let’s… let’s top that off, Lisa. | 我是说 我给你加点酒吧 丽莎 |
[13:03] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[13:04] | So, this has been fun. | 这很有趣 |
[13:05] | It’ll be even more fun when you guys move in. | 等你们搬过来后会更有趣的 |
[13:08] | Well, even if we raise our offer, | 就算我们提高报价 |
[13:10] | who knows if we’ll get the house? | 谁知道我们能不能买到这房子 |
[13:12] | Fortunately, | 幸运的是 |
[13:13] | you are getting into bed with the right people. | 你们找对了人[跟对的人上了床] |
[13:15] | Nothing inappropriate, of course. | 当然 我们不做不得体的事 |
[13:17] | Wink, wink. | 你懂的 |
[13:18] | But just so there’s no misunderstanding, | 但不要误会了 |
[13:19] | we want you. | 我们想要你们 |
[13:25] | Why didn’t you stop us? | 你为什么不阻止我们 |
[13:26] | Hey, I don’t know what you guys are into. | 我又不知道你们想干什么 |
[13:28] | Oh, my god. What are we gonna do? | 天啊 我们要怎么做 |
[13:29] | Oh, relax. | 放轻松啦 |
[13:30] | I’m sure you guys will find a couple | 我敢肯定你们会找到 |
[13:31] | that wants to get with you. | 想和你们交往的夫妇 |
[13:43] | I’m here because she says you want to apologize. | 我来这里是因为她说你想道歉 |
[13:45] | You’re the one that owes the apology to me. | 是你该向我道歉 |
[13:47] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[13:48] | ClosetCon, 1998. | 1998年的橱柜大会 |
[13:50] | You sabotaged my booth. | 你毁了我的摊位 |
[13:51] | That thing collapsed because it was cheap | 那玩意儿倒了 因为它很廉价 |
[13:53] | and bought in the orient — like your wife. | 而且是在东方买的 和你老婆一样 |
[13:56] | How many times do I have to tell people — | 我说了多少次了 |
[13:57] | You only pay for the meeting. | 见面是需要付钱 |
[13:58] | The feelings have to be real! | 但有真感情才能结婚 |
[14:00] | Just keep your granddaughter out of my house. | 别让你孙女再来我们家 |
[14:02] | For all I know, you sent her over there to spy on me! | 我推测一定是你派她过来打探 |
[14:05] | Sophie? What is she doing at your house? | 索菲吗 她去你家干什么 |
[14:06] | Dating my kid. | 跟我儿子约会 |
[14:07] | Mitchell? He’s got to be 40 years old. | 米奇尔吗 他都有四十岁了 |
[14:09] | And don’t you know that — oh, I get to do this. | 你不知道吗 我必须告诉你了 |
[14:12] | Mitchell is gay. | 米奇尔是基佬 |
[14:13] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[14:15] | My stepson, Manny. | 我继子曼尼 |
[14:18] | She’s dating one of you? | 她在跟你的儿子约会吗 |
[14:21] | My little, sweet Sophie? | 我可爱的小索菲 |
[14:23] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[14:24] | My boy’s dating her. | 我儿子在跟她约会 |
[14:26] | He’s dating her real good. | 他在认真跟她约会 |
[14:27] | Well, I’m gonna put an end to it. | 我要结束这一切 |
[14:28] | Great idea, Earl. | 好主意 厄尔 |
[14:30] | ‘Cause girls love take advice | 因为女孩们就喜欢 |
[14:31] | from their grandfathers about boys. | 从爷爷那听取关于男生的建议 |
[14:35] | I banged your ex-wife! | 我搞了你前妻 |
[14:37] | If you banged Dede, I do owe you an apology. | 如果你搞了迪迪 我的确该向你道歉 |
[14:42] | Lily, it’s daddies. Can we talk to you? | 莉莉 是大爸二爸 能跟你聊聊吗 |
[14:44] | All right. Where’s the spider? | 好吧 蜘蛛在哪 |
[14:46] | No, no, no, it’s — it’s not that. | 不不 不是那么回事 |
[14:48] | Now, listen, we have some good news. | 听着 我们有好消息 |
[14:50] | We — we know you’ve been stressed out at school, | 我们知道你在学校压力很大 |
[14:52] | so daddy and I went down there today, | 所以大爸和我今天去了学校 |
[14:53] | and we got you into… | 我们帮你换到了 |
[14:55] | Miss Sparrow’s class! | 斯帕萝老师的班级 |
[14:57] | – Really? – I thought you were setting me up. | -没搞错吧 -我还以为你是想让我说 |
[14:59] | But I want to stay with Mrs. Plank. | 但我想留在普兰克老师的班里 |
[15:01] | But why? Miss — Miss Sparrow’s so fun and creative. | 为什么啊 斯帕萝老师幽默又有创意 |
[15:05] | Yeah, today, she gave us yarn, | 今天 她给了我们纱线 |
[15:06] | and we did whatever we wanted. | 我们想做什么都行 |
[15:08] | I don’t want to play with yarn. | 我可不想玩纱线 |
[15:10] | I want to read and learn math. | 我想阅读 学数学 |
[15:12] | We do math. | 我们也学数学 |
[15:13] | Really? What’s 2 plus 7? | 是吗 2加7等于几 |
[15:15] | 27 27. | |
[15:16] | No. No, it’s 9. | 不 是9 |
[15:17] | But that’s an honest mistake, sweetheart. | 但那是无心之过 亲爱的 |
[15:19] | Okay, what does blue and yellow make? | 那蓝色和黄色混在一起是什么颜色 |
[15:22] | Blellow. | 蓝黄色 |
[15:25] | You need to fix this. | 你们得搞定这事 |
[15:27] | I could not sleep all night | 我整晚都睡不着 |
[15:28] | thinking about those obnoxious people | 想着那些讨厌的人们 |
[15:30] | living next door to us. | 要住在我们隔壁 |
[15:31] | Especially that boy with the ripped jeans and the long hair | 特别是那个穿着破洞牛仔裤 留着长发 |
[15:34] | and those blue eyes who called me hot. | 叫我辣妹的蓝眼睛男生 |
[15:36] | Me? Hot? What? | 我 辣妹 开什么玩笑 |
[15:39] | Phil, you know a bad neighbor can ruin your whole life. | 菲尔 糟糕的邻居会毁掉你的一生 |
[15:42] | You remember my friend Juliet from yoga class? | 你记得我瑜伽课上认识的朋友朱丽叶吧 |
[15:45] | We went to her brother’s restaurant. | 我们去过她哥哥的餐馆 |
[15:47] | Adult braces. | 戴成人牙套的 |
[15:48] | Nope. | 不记得 |
[15:48] | Black. | 黑色的 |
[15:49] | Juliet. How is she? | 朱丽叶 她怎么样 |
[15:51] | Miserable. | 惨透了 |
[15:52] | These awful people moved in next door to her, | 她家隔壁搬来了糟糕的邻居 |
[15:54] | and she feels like she’s trapped in her house. | 她感觉被困在了房子里 |
[15:56] | She has to run to her car every morning. | 她每天早上得跑到自己车上 |
[15:57] | – That explains those calves. – Phil. | -怪不得她小腿肌肉发达 -菲尔 |
[15:59] | What am I supposed to do? | 那我应该怎么办 |
[16:00] | I have one offer, and it’s way above asking. | 我这有一份报价 比要价高很多 |
[16:03] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:03] | Maybe, isn’t it possible | 也许 是否有可能 |
[16:05] | that Jerry never even sees this offer? | 杰瑞根本就没看过这份报价 |
[16:07] | Things do go missing all the time. | 东西有时候无缘无故就不见了 |
[16:09] | I’m legally bound to present all offers. | 我在法律上有义务把所有报价都提供给他 |
[16:12] | – Wink, wink. – Stop doing that. | -你懂的嘛 -不要再这样说了 |
[16:14] | Withholding information would be a violation | 隐瞒信息是违反地产经纪人的 |
[16:15] | of the realtor’s oath. | 入职宣誓的 |
[16:16] | Which you wrote. | 那宣誓是你自己写的 |
[16:17] | Well, I also wrote my own wedding vows. | 我的结婚誓词也是自己写的 |
[16:19] | I guess I should break those, too? | 我干脆连那也一起违反吧 |
[16:21] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[16:22] | What am I saying? | 看我胡说什么呢 |
[16:23] | I’ll never send you to bed without a hug. | 每晚睡前我都会给你一个拥抱 |
[16:27] | Manny up yet? | 曼尼起来了吗 |
[16:28] | He’s getting dressed. Why? | 他在穿衣服 怎么了 |
[16:29] | He was asleep when I got home last night. | 昨晚我回来的时候他已经睡了 |
[16:31] | And I want to talk to him about the Sophie-Earl situation. | 我要跟他谈谈索菲和厄尔的问题 |
[16:33] | Are you going to start again? | 你又要再来一次吗 |
[16:35] | I am tired of hearing you rant | 我已经受够了听你唠叨 |
[16:37] | about the crazy closet world. | 疯狂的衣柜界的事了 |
[16:38] | Why would I rant about crazy closet world? | 我为什么要唠叨”疯狂的衣柜界”呢 |
[16:40] | Those lunatics priced themselves out of business years ago. | 那家公司早就因为定价过高而没有销路了 |
[16:43] | Manny?! | 曼尼 |
[16:44] | Two minutes! I’m fixing my costume! | 两分钟就好 我在整理服装 |
[16:47] | If he wants to date this girl, | 他想不想跟那个女孩约会 |
[16:49] | it’s none of your business. | 都跟你没有关系 |
[16:50] | That’s exactly what I was gonna tell him. | 这正是我要对他说的话 |
[16:54] | Where’s Jay? | 杰在哪里 |
[16:55] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你来这干什么 |
[16:56] | This thing between us is getting out of control. | 我们之间的矛盾有些失控了 |
[16:59] | We got to put an end to it right now. | 现在必须做个了结 |
[17:00] | As long as you own up to what you did 30 years ago. | 除非你愿意承担30年前你所做的事 |
[17:03] | If apologizing | 如果我道歉 |
[17:03] | is gonna keep your no-good son away from my Sophie, then — | 能让你那邪恶的儿子离我的索菲远点 |
[17:06] | He’s not a no-good! | 他才不是邪恶的 |
[17:08] | Yes, he is. He’s a walking hormone. | 没错 他是 他就是个行走的荷尔蒙 |
[17:11] | Now, let’s hear this apology. | 现在听他道歉 |
[17:13] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[17:15] | I was under a lot of pressure back then, and – | 那个时候我承受的压力很大 而且 |
[17:18] | Okay, keep in mind I’m not in makeup yet, | 好了 要记住我还没有化妆 |
[17:20] | but do these sandals make my legs look thick? | 这凉鞋是不是让我的腿显得很粗 |
[17:23] | ‘Cause I — I could lower the hem. | 如果是的话 我可以把裙边卷下去 |
[17:25] | Aw, geez. | 天哪 |
[17:26] | Who’s that? | 他是谁 |
[17:26] | That’s, uh, the maid’s son. | 他是 是女佣的儿子 |
[17:28] | Not now, Gomez! | 等会儿再说 戈麦斯 |
[17:29] | Jay, what are you doing?! | 杰 你在干什么 |
[17:30] | Letting the man speak! | 让他把话说完 |
[17:32] | I’m sorry, I didn’t know we had any company. | 真抱歉 我不知道有客人来了 |
[17:34] | Hi. I’m Manny. | 你好 我是曼尼 |
[17:36] | You’re Manny? | 你就是曼尼 |
[17:36] | You said you were under pressure… | 你刚才说你当时压力很大… |
[17:38] | This is the big stud | 他就是那个对我的索菲 |
[17:39] | who’s been groping my Sophie? | 毛手毛脚的大种马吗 |
[17:42] | Sir, I promise you | 先生 我向您保证 |
[17:43] | there’s nothing untoward between me and Sophie. | 我和索菲之间没什么见不得人的事 |
[17:47] | You know what, kid? | 你知道吗 孩子 |
[17:49] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[17:50] | And you should. | 你应该相信 |
[17:51] | He’s the sweetest boy in the whole world! | 他是这世界上最善良的男孩 |
[17:53] | No, he’s not! | 不 他不是 |
[17:54] | Pritchett, I wish I had a number-10 mirror | 普里契特 真希望现在有面大号的镜子 |
[17:56] | so you could see the look on your face right now. | 让你看看你现在的表情 |
[17:58] | Hey, this is nice. | 这个真不错 |
[18:01] | I think I am gonna call it the “sock ‘n’ roll.” | 我想我会叫它”摇滚袜袜” |
[18:04] | The hell you are. | 去你的吧 |
[18:06] | Damn! That’s a good name. | 该死 那名字真不错 |
[18:09] | Hey, Phil. Come on in. | 你好 菲尔 快请进 |
[18:11] | Hey, Jerry. | 你好 杰瑞 |
[18:13] | Well, look at this bachelor pad. | 这单身公寓真不错啊 |
[18:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:15] | And what a fun neighborhood you live in. | 附近这一带挺有意思的 |
[18:17] | H-hey, you locked up your car, right? | 你锁好车了吧 |
[18:19] | – I definitely did, yeah. – Good. | -确定锁了 -很好 |
[18:21] | Hey, you want some tea? | 要喝点茶吗 |
[18:22] | This is my only pot, | 我只有一个锅 |
[18:23] | so it might be a little macaroni-and-cheesy. | 所以可能会有点奶酪通心粉在里面 |
[18:25] | I’m good. I’m cutting carbs. | 不用了 我不吃碳水化合物 |
[18:27] | So, did you, uh, get a chance to look over that offer? | 你看那份报价了吗 |
[18:30] | Yeah, it’s great. | 是的 很不错 |
[18:32] | I can finally move into a better place, | 我终于可以搬到个好一点的地方了 |
[18:34] | maybe get that colonoscopy | 说不定还够钱做那个 |
[18:35] | my doctor’s been pushing for. | 医生强烈建议的结肠镜检查 |
[18:37] | What if I told you | 要是我告诉你 |
[18:38] | there’s an even better offer coming? | 还有更高的报价呢 |
[18:40] | There is? | 有吗 |
[18:40] | There sure might be! | 当然可能会有了 |
[18:42] | Tomorrow, someone could show up and offer way more. | 明天可能会有人出更高的价钱 |
[18:45] | But, Phil, this is above asking. | 可是 菲尔 这已经比我的要价高了 |
[18:47] | Why don’t you want me to take it? | 你为什么不希望我接受它呢 |
[18:48] | Oh, just a bad feeling. | 就是有种不好的感觉 |
[18:51] | Are you not telling me something? | 你是不是有事瞒着我 |
[18:53] | Nope, that’s just the f– the bad feeling. | 没有 就是…有种不好的感觉 |
[18:55] | Good, because you’re the only one | 那就好 因为现在你是我 |
[18:56] | – I can trust these days. – Damn it! | -唯一可以相信的人 -该死 |
[18:59] | These new buyers just seem like terrible people. | 这家人看起来不像好人 |
[19:02] | I know it’s selfish, but we just — | 我知道这样很自私 但我们只是 |
[19:04] | We don’t want them living next door to us. | 我们不希望他们住在隔壁 |
[19:06] | No, I get it. | 没关系 我明白 |
[19:08] | The guys on the other side of this wall, | 隔壁那家的人 |
[19:10] | they like to get drunk and play with their nail gun. | 他们喜欢喝醉酒后玩射钉枪 |
[19:12] | Oh, that’s…crazy. | 太疯狂了吧 |
[19:14] | Listen, Phil. | 听着 菲尔 |
[19:16] | You’ve always been a great neighbor and a good friend. | 你一直都是我的好邻居 好朋友 |
[19:19] | I think I can hold out a little longer on the offer. | 我想我可以再等等 |
[19:22] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[19:23] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:24] | I think of this old pickle jar as being half full. | 我是那种看到瓶子一半满着的乐观人士 |
[19:27] | Hot! | 好烫 |
[19:32] | I can’t have anything nice. | 就没有什么好事会轮到我 |
[19:34] | Not the wall! | 别站在墙边 |
[19:38] | On my honor, I promise to | 我发誓 我会帮助 |
[19:40] | aid in man’s quest for shelter, | 有需要人士找到合适的住所 |
[19:42] | to recognize I’m not just in the business of houses — | 我会记得我不仅是在做房产生意 |
[19:46] | I’m in the business of dreams in the shape of houses. | 更重要的是寄托在房屋上的梦想 |
[19:50] | Hey! Careful with that! | 你们小心点 |
[19:51] | It’s art. | 这可是艺术品 |
[19:52] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 真不敢相信这是真的 |
[19:55] | Who knows? | 也许没那么糟 |
[19:56] | Maybe we’ll end up loving ’em. | 也许最后我们会爱上他们 |
[19:57] | Yeah. Maybe. | 是啊 可能吧 |
[19:59] | To disclose all illegal additions, | 保证不隐瞒所有违法事件 |
[20:01] | shoddy construction, murders, and ghosts… | 包括豆腐渣工程 凶杀案 或是闹鬼 |
[20:06] | Are we wrong | 是我们多心了 |
[20:07] | or is there some tension between the four of us? | 还是我们四个之间的气氛的确有些微妙 |
[20:13] | Uh, maybe a little. | 可能有点吧 |
[20:15] | Maybe a little. | 可能有点 |
[20:17] | – I told ya. – Yeah. | -我说对了吧 -没错 |
[20:18] | All right. Well… | 好吧 那么 |
[20:21] | We’re up for it whenever you are. | 我们随时恭候 |
[20:23] | Wink, wink. | 你懂的 |
[20:26] | …and to put my clients’ needs before my own. | 把客户的利益摆在我的利益之上 |
[20:29] | And mine. | 还有我的 |
[20:32] | Someone needs her bedtime hug early. | 看来有人提前需要睡前抱抱了 |
[20:34] | Yep. Come here. | 是啊 来吧 |
[20:39] | – Hi, Ms. Plank. – Hey, Ms. Plank. | -普兰克老师好 -普兰克老师好 |
[20:41] | Well, well, well, if it isn’t Mary Ann and Ginger. | 这不是玛丽安和小姜姐妹俩嘛 |
[20:41] | 经典荧屏人物 代表两种不同的女性形象 玛丽安可爱亲切 小姜性感迷人 | |
[20:46] | That’s hilarious. | 真幽默 |
[20:47] | Okay. ’cause — | 是啊 因为… |
[20:48] | – Yeah. Oh. – Oh, that’s funny. | -是啊 -真有趣 |
[20:50] | And while | 但是 |
[20:51] | while we’re laughing about things, | 既然说到好笑的事了 |
[20:53] | uh, this is funny, too. | 还有件事很好笑 |
[20:55] | It seems that we forgot to talk to Lily | 我们之前好像没有跟莉莉谈过 |
[20:56] | before coming in to see you. | 就过来找您了 |
[20:58] | And — and she made it very clear in no uncertain terms | 她的态度很明确 毫不犹豫 |
[21:01] | that she loves you, | 她很喜欢您 |
[21:03] | and she wants to stay in your class. | 她希望可以留在您的班上 |
[21:05] | How — how great is that? | 这多好呀是不是 |
[21:08] | I will take Lily back… | 我愿意让莉莉回来 |
[21:10] | …if you are able to tell me | 只要你们能回答我 |
[21:13] | the object of this sentence — | 这句话的宾语[目的]是什么 |
[21:14] | Oh, gosh. | 天哪 |
[21:15] | “Lily’s parents were wrong about Mrs. Plank.” | “莉莉的家长看错普兰克老师了” |
[21:19] | Do you know it? | 你知道是什么吗 |
[21:20] | I — I — I think that the object is to humiliate us? | 我想 这句话的目的是要羞辱我们 |
[21:24] | Correct. See? | 答对了 你们看 |
[21:27] | I can teach anybody. | 什么人我都能教 |