时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Okay, Lily. | 好了 莉莉 |
[00:03] | I got the list of what you need for your project. | 这单子上有你作业要用的东西 |
[00:05] | – Uh, glitter glue… – Okay. | -荧光胶水 -好的 |
[00:07] | glitter dots… | 荧光圆片 |
[00:08] | glitter…paper. | 荧光纸 |
[00:10] | Mrs. Daniels says my projects have too much glitter. | 丹尼尔斯太太说我的作业有太多荧光了 |
[00:13] | Okay, well, she needs a Mr. Daniels, | 好吧 她需要一个丹尼尔斯先生 |
[00:15] | because a project can’t have too much pizzazz. | 因为作业再怎么华丽也不为过 |
[00:18] | It’s a report on the Potato Famine. | 这只不过是爱尔兰大饥荒的报告 |
[00:20] | I’m — I’m sorry. Do Irish tears not sparkle? | 抱歉 难道爱尔兰人的眼泪不会发光吗 |
[00:22] | Okay. Okay. Sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 |
[00:25] | Longinus, Jotham. | 朗吉娜 约坦 |
[00:27] | Hi, guys. What’s up? | 你们好啊 来干什么呀 |
[00:28] | Oh, nothing, just picking up supplies to make signs | 没什么 来买点东西 |
[00:31] | – for the big protest. – Yes. | -做抗议示威的标语 -对 |
[00:32] | Oh, right. Right, yes. | 对对对 没错 |
[00:34] | Uh, uh, w– and which big protest is — | 是什么抗议示威来着… |
[00:35] | We’re picketing the Jai Alai Lounge for obvious reasons. | 去回力球酒吧抗议 还用解释吗 |
[00:38] | Obviously. | 不解释 |
[00:38] | – Obviously. – Obviously, yes. | -不解释 -不解释 |
[00:40] | What reasons, Daddy? | 求解释 大爸 |
[00:42] | Um, well, Jotham, y-you tell her. | 约坦 你告诉她吧 |
[00:44] | It makes me so angry, I can’t even say it out loud. | 气得我都不想说了 |
[00:46] | So upset. | 烦死人了 |
[00:48] | All we know is the Jai Alai Lounge | 我们只知道回力球酒吧 |
[00:50] | has the single best burger in the country… | 有国内最好吃的汉堡 |
[00:52] | if not the universe. | 如果不算全宇宙最好吃的话 |
[00:53] | – The Jai Alai Burger is 1/4-pound……Prime Angus, – 1/3. | -里面有1/4磅安格斯肉眼扒 -是1/3磅 |
[00:56] | – Uh, fresh, crispy lettuce… – Butter lettuce. | -新鲜爽脆的生菜 -是牛油生菜 |
[00:58] | a sauce delivered from heaven… | 还有从天堂运来的调味酱 |
[01:00] | From Kansas city. | 肯萨斯市来的 |
[01:00] | all on a perfectly toasted, fresh-baked bun. | 夹在刚出炉完美烤制的圆面包中 |
[01:03] | With sesame seeds. | 上面还洒了芝麻 |
[01:05] | I wanted to have it as our wedding cake. | 我都想拿来做我的婚礼蛋糕了 |
[01:06] | Maybe for your next one. | 下一个婚礼上用吧 |
[01:09] | So, who’s this “we” that’s picketing? | 都有谁要去抗议呢 |
[01:10] | Every week, a group of us get together | 每周我们都会有一群人集合起来 |
[01:12] | to protest those who have been holding back the gay cause. | 去抗议那些阻碍同性恋事业发展的人 |
[01:15] | Why haven’t we ever been invited? | 为什么没有邀请我们 |
[01:17] | It’s just that you’re not that… | 因为你们两个不是那么… |
[01:19] | political. | 关心政治 |
[01:20] | Uh, um, you know, ever since… | 就是自从… |
[01:24] | He knows I can see, right? | 他知道我看得到吧 |
[01:25] | We are very, very political people. | 我们非常非常关心政治 |
[01:27] | Yes, we were just discussing… | 对啊 我们刚刚还在讨论… |
[01:29] | – the Potato Famine of Ireland. – Yes. | -爱尔兰土豆饥荒呢 -对 |
[01:31] | I haven’t had a potato in four years. | 我都四年没吃过土豆了 |
[01:33] | Well, if you’re honestly interested, | 如果你们真的感兴趣 |
[01:34] | we’ll be out there on Saturday at noon. | 我们这周六中午会去那边 |
[01:35] | You should come join us. | 你们也来吧 |
[01:36] | – We will. – Yep. With bells. | -我们会的 -对 带着铃铛去 |
[01:38] | – Yeah. That’s just — that’s an expression. – Oh, gosh. | -对 那只是一种比喻 -天呐 |
[01:40] | These are for Lily’s project on the Potato Famine, actually. | 其实是莉莉土豆饥荒的作业要用的 |
[01:42] | – Oh, okay. Bye. – Well, all right. | -好吧 再见 -好吧 |
[01:44] | – See ya, Guys. – Bye. | -回见 伙计们 -再见 |
[01:45] | See ya Saturday, guys. | 周六见 伙计们 |
[01:46] | Yeah, good to see you. Bye. | 是啊 很高兴见到你 再见 |
[01:47] | Oh, my god. Can you believe that? | 天呐 这你能信吗 |
[01:48] | Yeah, he’s a little hippy | 对啊 对于一个 |
[01:49] | for somebody that doesn’t eat potatoes. | 不吃土豆的人来说 他也太嬉皮了吧 |
[02:07] | We were called into Principal Brown’s office | 就在艾丽克斯毕业一周前 |
[02:09] | one week before Alex’s graduation. | 我们被请到布朗校长的办公室 |
[02:11] | That can mean only one of two things. | 这只有两种可能 |
[02:13] | Either she’s gonna be valedictorian | 要么艾丽克斯要做学生代表致告别辞 |
[02:15] | or they’re giving an award for sexiest dad. | 要么他们要给最性感爸爸颁奖了 |
[02:18] | We’re very proud of Alex. | 我们为艾丽克斯感到骄傲 |
[02:21] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[02:23] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:24] | I just feel like my whole life | 我只是觉得我这辈子的努力 |
[02:25] | has been building up to this point. | 一直都是为了这一刻 |
[02:26] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:27] | Hello, Dunphys. | 你们好啊 邓菲们 |
[02:29] | So nice to be able to | 能在繁多的会面中 |
[02:30] | give you some good news in one of these meetings. | 告诉你们一则好消息 真是太好了 |
[02:32] | How is Haley, by the way? | 顺便问一句 海莉好吗 |
[02:33] | So sorry we’re late. We — | 很抱歉我们迟到了 我们 |
[02:36] | – What’s she doing here? – What’s he doing here? | -她来这里干什么 -他来这里干什么 |
[02:37] | Well, Alex and Sanjay, | 艾丽克斯和桑杰 |
[02:39] | after four years of spirited competition, | 在四年的激烈竞争之后 |
[02:42] | I am very pleased to tell you | 我很高兴地告诉你们 |
[02:43] | that you are the Pali High class of 2015 — | 你们两个将成为巴利高中2015届的 |
[02:48] | co-valedictorians! | 联合学生代表 |
[02:50] | That’s amazing! Yes! | 太棒了 太棒了 |
[02:52] | Couldn’t be more proud of the both of you, huh? | 太为你们感到骄傲了 |
[02:55] | What do you mean — co-valedictorians? | 你说联合学生代表是什么意思 |
[02:56] | “Co” is the latin prefix for “together.” | “联合”是拉丁语前缀表意”一起” |
[02:58] | But really, what do you mean — co-valedictorians? | 但说真的 联合学生代表是什么意思 |
[03:00] | Well, I thought there might be some aggressive questions | 我料到可能会碰到一些令我紧张的质问 |
[03:03] | that, uh, made me nervous, and so I wrote down my remarks. | 所以我把我的回答提前写下来了 |
[03:08] | No, I’m not trying to ruin your lives. | 不 我不是要毁掉你们的人生 |
[03:11] | It’s just that your GPAs are tied | 只是因为你们两个的绩点持平 |
[03:13] | to the thousandth of a decimal point. | 小数点后一千位也是一样的 |
[03:15] | – But my GPA’S 4.645923. – My GPA’s 4.645923. | -但我的绩点是4.645923 -我的绩点是4.645923 |
[03:18] | She got an “A-” On the French final. | 她法语期末考只得了个A- |
[03:20] | He got an “A-” on an English paper. | 他的一篇英语论文只得了A- |
[03:22] | No. | 不 |
[03:23] | This is a nightmare. | 这简直是噩梦 |
[03:24] | Worst day of my life. | 这辈子最糟糕的一天 |
[03:25] | Guys, we should be celebrating. | 各位 我们该庆祝一番 |
[03:27] | This is literally a win/win. | 这是真正意义上的双赢 |
[03:29] | I didn’t work my whole life for a tie. | 我这辈子这么努力可不是为了平局 |
[03:32] | No offense, Principal Brown, but you were a teaching major. | 无意冒犯 校长 但你是学教育学的 |
[03:34] | I’d like to check the GPAs myself. | 我想自己核算一下绩点 |
[03:36] | Have at it. | 请便 |
[03:38] | What is it with these two? | 这俩人怎么了啊 |
[03:39] | I agree with them. Ties are un-American. | 我同意他们 平局不是美国风格 |
[03:43] | Would you be happy if the Super Bowl ended in a tie? | 如果超级碗最后平局了 你会高兴吗 |
[03:45] | Yes! There’d be twice as many parades! | 会啊 会有两次夺冠游行 |
[03:48] | There must be some way to determine | 肯定有办法决定 |
[03:50] | who the best student is. | 最棒的学生是谁 |
[03:52] | Well, unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[03:53] | all the final exams and the papers are in. | 所有期末考试和论文都结了 |
[03:55] | Grades are closed. | 分数已经算完了 |
[03:57] | Not all the grades. | 可不是所有分数哦 |
[04:03] | Looks like the janitor finally fixed my chair. | 看来管理员终于修好了我的椅子 |
[04:07] | What are you guys all doing here? | 你们来这里干什么呢 |
[04:11] | What are the last two states to be admitted into the union? | 最后加入联邦的是哪两个州 |
[04:14] | Alaska and Hawaii. | 阿拉斯加和夏威夷 |
[04:15] | Name two cabinet-level positions. | 列举两个内阁职位[橱柜位置] |
[04:17] | That’s easy. | 很简单 |
[04:18] | There’s a higher one for the glasses | 上面一层是放杯子的 |
[04:20] | and a lower one for the pots and the pans. | 下面一层是放锅碗瓢盆的 |
[04:22] | Hey, don’t get cocky. | 别骄傲 |
[04:23] | When we started studying for this, | 我们开始准备时 |
[04:25] | you thought the secretary of defense job | 你还以为国防部长的工作 |
[04:27] | was to guard “da fence.” | 是保卫”栅栏” |
[04:29] | Gloria’s about to take her citizenship test. | 歌洛莉亚要参加公民入籍测试了 |
[04:32] | This little jumping bean’s about to become an American. | 这个小跳豆要成为美国人了 |
[04:35] | Jumping beans are Mexican. | 跳豆是墨西哥的 |
[04:37] | Once you’re an American, you won’t see the difference. | 等你成了美国人就看不出区别了 |
[04:40] | I got you a little gift to celebrate. | 我给你准备了一份庆祝礼物 |
[04:43] | I know it’s not much. | 我知道这不算什么 |
[04:45] | It’s practically nothing. | 简直就是什么都不算 |
[04:47] | It’s America. It’s fun. | 这很美式 很有趣 |
[04:49] | Aww, thank you, Jay. I’m so excited. | 谢谢 杰 我好激动 |
[04:52] | Do you know that once I pass, I can serve on a jury? | 你知道我通过以后就可以担任陪审员了吗 |
[04:55] | They still use the electric chair, right? | 他们还用电椅 对吧 |
[04:58] | We’re back. | 我们回来了 |
[04:59] | Hola, Javier. | 好啊 哈维尔 |
[05:00] | How was “take your son to not work” day? | “带孩子不上班日”怎么样 |
[05:02] | How was life before radio? | 收音机发明前生活怎么样 |
[05:06] | Manny told me about your plans | 曼尼和我说了你打算 |
[05:07] | to abandon your Colombian roots. | 抛弃哥伦比亚之根 |
[05:10] | Really? You’re gonna lecture me on abandonment? | 真的吗 就你还有脸跟我聊抛弃 |
[05:12] | You left to buy some diapers, | 当初你说出门买尿布 |
[05:14] | and I saw you four years later. | 结果我四年后才看到你 |
[05:15] | If only you could let that go as easily as your homeland. | 如果你能像放弃故乡一样忘掉那事就好了 |
[05:25] | Are they fighting or falling back in love? | 他们是在吵架还是重新坠入爱河 |
[05:33] | c-cow! | 牛 |
[05:35] | Cow? | 牛 |
[05:36] | Cow?! | 牛 |
[05:37] | The woman who is abandoning her country | 要抛弃自己国家的女人 |
[05:39] | cannot remember the Spanish word for cow. | 连西班牙语的”牛”都不知道怎么说了 |
[05:42] | It slipped my mind. | 脑子刚没转过来 |
[05:44] | Vaca. | 牛 |
[05:45] | There’a taco truck parked outside my office. | 我办公室外面有个墨西哥玉米卷餐车 |
[05:51] | Well, it looks like you both have the same gym grade, | 看来你俩的体育成绩一样 |
[05:53] | but I do see here that neither of you | 但我发现你们 |
[05:55] | have completed this semester’s mile run. | 都没完成这学期的一英里跑 |
[05:58] | We were at a debate tournament. | 我们当时在参加辩论比赛 |
[06:00] | – Which we won, thanks to me. – Oh, please. | -我们赢了 多亏了我 -得了吧 |
[06:02] | After your long-winded summation on euthanasia, | 你对安乐死进行冗长总结时 |
[06:03] | people wanted to kill themselves. | 人们都想自杀了 |
[06:05] | Enough. We will do a makeup race. | 够了 我们让你们补考 |
[06:08] | And whoever wins gets to be valedictorian. | 谁赢了就可以做学生代表 |
[06:10] | You’re on. | 放马过来吧 |
[06:11] | This is crazy. Are we all so obsessed with being number one | 这太疯狂了 你们如此执念于做第一名 |
[06:13] | that we can’t just celebrate this moment? | 搞得我们现在都不能庆祝了 |
[06:15] | Yeah, I mean, it’s the end of their senior year. | 是啊 他们不仅高中毕业 |
[06:18] | They’re both into great colleges. | 还都进了很棒的大学 |
[06:19] | They should be off celebrating, playing hookey, | 他们该去庆祝 逃学 |
[06:22] | going up to the lake house to go skinny-dipping | 去湖边跟朋友的 |
[06:23] | with their friend’s older brother who’s home from college. | 从大学回来的帅哥去裸泳 |
[06:25] | – Let’s — let’s keep this general, Claire. – Okay. Yeah. | -别说得太具体了 克莱尔 -好吧 |
[06:27] | The point is these are two amazing kids. | 重点是 这两个孩子都很棒 |
[06:29] | We should be celebrating them both. | 我们该为他们庆祝 |
[06:31] | Mm, we’re not surprised you would think that. | 你这么想我们不感到意外 |
[06:33] | Great. | 很好 |
[06:34] | Wait. What? | 等等 什么 |
[06:36] | Every parent wants to believe | 每个家长都想相信 |
[06:37] | that their child can compete with Sanjay. | 他们的孩子能和桑杰一较高下 |
[06:39] | But Alex can compete with Sanjay. | 艾丽克斯的确能和桑杰一较高下 |
[06:41] | That’s why we’re here. | 不然我们在这里干什么 |
[06:42] | Sanjay was forming full sentences at 13 months. | 桑杰13个月时就会说完整的句子了 |
[06:45] | Alex had a poem published in Highlights magazine | 艾丽克斯5岁时就在《聚焦》杂志上 |
[06:48] | when she was 5 years old. | 发表了诗歌 |
[06:49] | It was called “Mr. Lamb Buys a Ham.” | 诗的名字是《绵羊先生买火腿》[相煎何太急] |
[06:50] | But really, it was about the holocaust. | 但其实讲的是大屠杀 |
[06:53] | When he was 16, | 桑杰16岁时 |
[06:53] | Sanjay was the highest-ranked chess player in the state. | 是州里排名第一的国际象棋手 |
[06:56] | When Alex was 15, | 艾丽克斯15岁时 |
[06:58] | she discovered a mistake in our taxes. | 她发现了我们报税的一个错误 |
[07:00] | We owed a lot more money than I realized. | 我们差点少交了好多税 |
[07:03] | Yes, we’re very impressed with how much Alex | 就艾丽克斯这种背景而言 |
[07:05] | has been able to accomplish, given her background. | 她能有这种成就我们也感到很惊讶 |
[07:09] | You know what? You’re right. | 好吧 你说得没错 |
[07:10] | Let’s settle this out on the track. | 我们在赛道上了解这件事吧 |
[07:13] | All right, coach Tucker, | 好了 塔克教练 |
[07:14] | I’m assuming we can count on you to officiate. | 我们应该可以指望你的公正性吧 |
[07:16] | Well, now, normally, | 通常情况下 |
[07:17] | I don’t like to be the center of attention. | 我不喜欢成为人群的焦点 |
[07:19] | That’s fine. I’ll get someone else. | 没关系 我可以找别人 |
[07:20] | I said I would do it. | 我说了我可以 |
[07:21] | Alex’s uncle cannot possibly be considered an impartial judge. | 艾丽克斯的舅舅是不可能公正裁判的 |
[07:24] | I’m the gym teacher. | 我是体育老师 |
[07:25] | Who else has the training to oversee this? | 还有谁有能力来作出判断吗 |
[07:28] | Anyone with a stopwatch? | 只要有秒表就行了吧 |
[07:29] | Okay, you know what? No need to humiliate me. | 我告诉你 别侮辱我 |
[07:32] | May the best child win. | 希望最棒的孩子赢 |
[07:34] | Oh, she will. | 她会的 |
[07:36] | Consider this moment gauntleted. | 我们定会”刃不血兵” |
[07:39] | Is that a word? | 有这成语吗 |
[07:40] | Hold your head up like it is. | 你就装作它是吧 |
[07:41] | Vocabulary’s mostly a matter of confidence. | 只要肯信 万物成真 |
[07:50] | I love that we’re getting involved. | 很高兴我们能参与进来 |
[07:51] | Yeah, me, too. | 我也是 |
[07:52] | I think we’re really gonna send a strong message to whomever | 我觉得我们的示威标语能够震慑住 |
[07:54] | to stop doing whatever it is he or she is doing. | 任何人 不管他做了什么坏事 |
[07:57] | Oh, like “shame” doesn’t cover 1,000 different things? | “耻辱”也可以震慑住上千种不同的事情 |
[08:03] | Okay. Where is everybody? | 好吧 大家在哪里 |
[08:05] | So like the gays to no-show. | 基佬的话果然不靠谱 |
[08:07] | Yeah, right? | 是吧 |
[08:07] | Is there a sale at Barney’s that nobody told us about? | 是巴尼斯现在打折却没人告诉我们吗 |
[08:11] | – Seriously, is there? – I don’t know. | -你说真的吗 -我不知道 |
[08:13] | Longinus and Jotham do this all the time. | 朗吉娜和约坦总是这样 |
[08:16] | They — they guilt us into doing something, | 他们靠罪恶感让我们干个什么事 |
[08:18] | and then they bail. | 结果自己却跑了 |
[08:19] | They did it at Pepper’s New Year’s Steve party. | 他们在胡娇家的新年史蒂夫派对上也是这样 |
[08:20] | Yeah, everybody had to dress as a famous Steve. | 所有人都要穿成某个著名史蒂夫的样子 |
[08:22] | Steve Austin. | 史蒂夫·奥斯汀[摔跤手] |
[08:23] | Steve Martin. | 史蒂夫·马丁[演员] |
[08:24] | They bailed, | 他们没来 |
[08:24] | and we got stuck in a room full of Sondheims. | 我们被困在一屋子桑德海姆里[音乐剧作家] |
[08:27] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[08:28] | My name is Steve. | 我叫史蒂夫 |
[08:31] | Hi. Excuse me. | 打扰你下 |
[08:33] | – Table for two? – No, no. God no. | -两个人吗 -不 不是的 |
[08:36] | Have there been any protesters out front this afternoon? | 今天下午你们门口来过抗议者吗 |
[08:38] | Oh, the gay thing? Not today. | 那些基佬吗 今天没有 |
[08:40] | Oh, of course. | 想都不用想 |
[08:42] | We rush around all morning — | 我们忙了一个早上 |
[08:43] | I haven’t eaten breakfast — and — and for nothing. | 我连早餐都没吃 结果白费了 |
[08:45] | And it couldn’t smell any better in here. | 这里的味道闻起来真棒 |
[08:47] | We do have a table. | 我们有一张空桌子 |
[08:48] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[08:49] | No, we’re not gonna compromise our principles just for… | 不行 我们不能仅仅为了食物放弃信念 |
[08:54] | We’ll take a booth away from the window. | 我们可以坐在不靠窗户的位置 |
[08:55] | In back. Something in back? | 后面可以 后面有位置吗 |
[08:56] | – This way. – Okay. | -这边请 -好的 |
[09:02] | Oh, my God. She’s still going. | 天呐 她还在跑 |
[09:04] | I know. | 就是啊 |
[09:05] | Remember how winded she used to get | 还记得她三年级的时候 |
[09:06] | hauling around “Ulysses” in the third grade? | 穿尤利西斯戏服走有多喘吗 |
[09:08] | She’s surprisingly graceful for being so uncoordinated. | 她那么不协调居然能跑得如此优雅 |
[09:11] | I know. I was hoping to get a funny video of her falling. | 就是啊 我想拍她摔倒的搞笑画面 |
[09:14] | But I don’t think it’s gonna happen. | 我觉得是拍不到了 |
[09:16] | My playlist ended two minutes ago. I heard all that. | 我的歌两分钟前就放完了 我都听到了 |
[09:19] | Honey, I know we were all just saying it before, | 亲爱的 我知道我们以前就这么说过 |
[09:21] | but you could actually win this thing. | 但你说不定真能赢的 |
[09:23] | I wasn’t just saying it. I will win. | 我不只是说 我说到做到 |
[09:26] | Nothing is going to… | 没有什么能… |
[09:28] | Oh. There it is. | 终于拍到了 |
[09:36] | What’s going on here? | 发生什么事了 |
[09:37] | I’m making sancocho. | 我在做蔬菜肉块汤 |
[09:39] | Yeah. You got your little Colombian music going, huh? | 边做还边听着哥伦比亚音乐 |
[09:41] | I know. So beautiful. | 我知道 很好听 |
[09:43] | Javier got to you, didn’t he? | 你很在意哈维尔的话 对吧 |
[09:44] | No. | 没 |
[09:47] | Maybe a little bit. | 可能有一点点 |
[09:47] | Gloria, don’t listen to him. Get rid of that squirrel stew. | 歌洛莉亚 别听他的 把那锅炖松鼠倒了 |
[09:50] | I got a few special things here | 我买了些庆祝你 |
[09:52] | to help celebrate you becoming an American. | 成为美国人的东西 |
[09:54] | Look. Kobe steaks. | 你瞧 神户牛排[日本产] |
[09:56] | Bottle of scotch. | 一瓶威士忌[苏格兰产] |
[09:58] | Cigars. | 雪茄[古巴产] |
[09:59] | You know that none of that is made in America. | 要知道这些都不是美国产的 |
[10:01] | Buying them all was the American part. | 但是把它们都买下来是美国人做的 |
[10:04] | Jay, I’m not in the mood. | 杰 我没心情 |
[10:05] | – I am having some doubts. – Okay. | -我有些困惑 -好吧 |
[10:07] | You listened to Javier. Now listen to me. | 你听了哈维尔的话 现在该听我的了 |
[10:08] | Do you know why I want you to become an American citizen? | 你知道我为什么想让你成为美国人吗 |
[10:13] | Because I fought for this country. | 因为我曾为这个国家战斗过 |
[10:15] | My father fought for this country. | 我父亲也为这国家战斗过 |
[10:17] | Because this country’s all about freedom and opportunity, | 因为这个国度一向坚持自由和平等 |
[10:21] | And I want you to share in that 100%. | 我希望你能完整地感受这些 |
[10:24] | You’re right. I want that, too. | 你说得对 那也是我想要的 |
[10:26] | I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:27] | Hey, you’re just a little scared. | 你只是有点怕吧 |
[10:28] | I know what will help you feel better. | 我知道什么能让你好过一点 |
[10:30] | We’ll fire up some steaks, we’ll pour a little wine, | 我们把牛排一烤 美酒一倒 |
[10:32] | you pop into those short shorts, | 你把那条热裤一穿 |
[10:33] | I chase you around the living room — | 我在客厅和你追逐打闹 |
[10:34] | that type of thing. | 就那事儿 你懂的 |
[10:37] | Hey, mom. | 妈妈 |
[10:39] | Um, I got invited | 今晚我朋友比利 |
[10:40] | to my friend Billy’s house for dinner tonight. | 请我去他家吃晚餐 |
[10:42] | Don’t worry. We’re not gonna eat this. | 别担心 我们不会吃这个的 |
[10:43] | We’re gonna eat steak. | 我们吃牛排 |
[10:44] | Oh, good. There’s no Billy. | 太好了 其实没有比利这个人 |
[10:45] | Why the sudden change in menu? | 为什么突然变菜单了 |
[10:47] | Well, I was having some doubts, but Jay made me feel better. | 我本来有些困惑 但杰帮我解开了 |
[10:50] | He told me the reason why he wants me to be an American. | 他告诉了我他希望我成为美国人的原因 |
[10:53] | Oh, those long lines. | 排队那事啊 |
[10:54] | – What long lines? – The customs line. | -排什么队 -过海关排长队 |
[10:56] | Oh, Jay hates them when we come back from Cabo. | 杰讨厌每次从卡波回来都要排长队 |
[10:59] | What? | 什么 |
[11:00] | That son of a bitch wants me to turn my back on my homeland | 那个王八蛋想要我背叛我的祖国 |
[11:03] | for an airport line? | 就为了在机场不排队 |
[11:04] | You know, I should at least make an appearance at Billy’s. | 我至少得去比利家露个脸 |
[11:16] | Sanjay. What are you doing here? | 桑杰 你来这里干什么 |
[11:18] | What are those? | 那是什么 |
[11:19] | Ankle weights. | 踝部负重袋 |
[11:21] | Okay. Wrist weights. | 其实是腕部负重袋 |
[11:23] | Why are you here? | 你来干什么 |
[11:25] | Look, uh, tomorrow, it’s all gonna be over, | 听着 明天一切就要结束了 |
[11:27] | everything we’ve been working for since we started school. | 入学以来我们为之努力的一切都要结束了 |
[11:29] | So, I-I wanted to come by and say thanks. | 所以 我想来谢谢你 |
[11:31] | I’m not a doctor yet, | 我还不是个医生 |
[11:32] | but it seems like you’re having some sort of brain episode. | 但我能看出你的脑子好像出了问题 |
[11:34] | No, I’m serious. Thank you for pushing me. | 不 我是认真的 谢谢你一直激励我 |
[11:37] | You know how hard it’s been to keep up with you my whole life? | 你知道一生都追赶你有多难吗 |
[11:39] | Uh, I have my GPA because of you. | 多亏了你我才能得到这个绩点 |
[11:41] | I got into Stanford because of you. | 多亏了你我才能被斯坦福录取 |
[11:45] | I’ll admit I did spend about a few hundred extra hours | 我得承认我为了超过你 |
[11:48] | trying to be better than you. | 确实多花了几百个小时 |
[11:50] | I’m gonna miss this when we go to college. | 上大学后我会怀念这一切的 |
[11:52] | Yeah, I guess I’ll miss this, too. | 是啊 我觉得我也会怀念的 |
[11:54] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[11:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:58] | I mean like-like, | 我说的是那种喜欢 |
[11:59] | like how Pierre Curie liked Marie Curie. | 像皮埃尔·居里喜欢玛丽·居里一样 |
[12:02] | I’m sorry. I-I went too far. | 对不起 我说得太过火了 |
[12:04] | You smell pretty. I should go. | 你身上真好闻 我得走了 |
[12:08] | Where’s Alex? I made her a smoothie. | 艾丽克斯去哪儿了 我给她做了奶昔 |
[12:12] | Might have made it a little too healthy. | 可能原料有点太健康了 |
[12:14] | Why are we so focused on helping Alex win | 为什么我们只专注于帮艾丽克斯赢 |
[12:16] | when we could be working on making Sanjay lose? | 而没有致力于让桑杰输 |
[12:19] | – Talk to me. – Okay, is there a manhole on the track, | -继续说 -跑道上有窨井吗 |
[12:22] | cause it’s kind of important to my plan. | 因为那对我的计划至关重要 |
[12:25] | Okay, that was weird. Sanjay was just here. | 好吧 有件奇怪的事 桑杰刚刚来了 |
[12:28] | He said that the best part of high school | 他说我们的竞争是他高中时期 |
[12:31] | was our competition, and… | 最美好的一段 还有… |
[12:33] | that he liked me. | 他喜欢我 |
[12:34] | Oh, honey. | 甜心 |
[12:38] | What? | 怎么了 |
[12:39] | Doesn’t the timing seem a little suspicious to you? | 这个时机选得有些可疑吧 |
[12:42] | Maybe, but he seemed really genuine. | 也许是 但他看上去很真诚 |
[12:44] | Classic psychological warfare. | 典型的心理战 |
[12:46] | I’ve dealt with it in elite competitions. | 我在精英竞争中见到过 |
[12:48] | I didn’t realize it happened outside of cheerleading. | 我不知道这种事在拉拉队以外也会发生 |
[12:50] | Think about it, sweetie. | 仔细想想 亲爱的 |
[12:51] | Has he ever said anything nice to you before? | 他以前对你说过好听的吗 |
[12:54] | No. | 没有 |
[12:56] | Not even when I break out my fun blazer. | 我亮出幽默上衣的时候都没有 |
[12:59] | Oh, my god. What is wrong with me? | 我的天呐 我怎么了 |
[13:02] | I can’t believe I let him get in my head. | 我不敢相信我居然让他扰乱了我的思绪 |
[13:05] | Oh, he is going down. | 他死定了 |
[13:06] | Tomorrow, Sanjay Patel begins a lifetime of second best. | 明天起桑杰·帕特尔一生都得屈居第二了 |
[13:10] | Enjoy your Hydrox cookies | 享受你的氢牌饼干[类似奥利奥] |
[13:11] | and your silver medal, Mr. Vice President! | 和银牌吧 副总统先生 |
[13:14] | You go, girl. | 加油 姑娘 |
[13:16] | Do we have any cookies? | 我们有饼干吗 |
[13:19] | Gloria. | 歌洛莉亚 |
[13:19] | Howdy, hubby. | 你好啊 老公 |
[13:21] | How about some grub before we turn on the nascar? | 在我们开足马力前先吃点零食如何 |
[13:25] | I’m not gonna lie, I like where this is going. | 说实话 我挺喜欢事情的走向 |
[13:26] | But, uh…i’m not sure I’m supposed to. | 但是 我不确定自己该不该喜欢 |
[13:29] | Ain’t this what you wanted? | 这不就是你想要的吗 |
[13:31] | The perfect American wife | 一个完美的美国妻子 |
[13:32] | to make your life more convenient? | 让你的生活更加便利 |
[13:34] | Do you think that’s an American accent? | 你觉得这是美国口音吗 |
[13:36] | From Texas. | 德州口音 |
[13:38] | Manny told me that you want me to give up my heritage | 曼尼告诉我你想让我放弃我的传统 |
[13:40] | so that you don’t have to wait in line at the airport. | 这样你就不用在机场排队了 |
[13:42] | Oh, I got to stop talking to that kid when I’m drinking. | 我不能再在喝醉后和那孩子聊天了 |
[13:44] | Well, I’m not gonna do it. | 我不去考试了 |
[13:45] | So say goodbye to your little American wife. | 和你的美国小娇妻告别吧 |
[13:52] | Man, those shorts really take the sting | 天呐 那条热裤真能让我 |
[13:53] | out of getting yelled at. | 忘了被骂的痛 |
[13:59] | Oh, my God, that burger was so good, | 我的天呐 那个汉堡太棒了 |
[14:00] | I feel like I just cheated on you. | 我感觉就像劈腿了似的 |
[14:01] | Yeah, I heard the moaning. Are we terrible people? | 我听见你的呻吟了 我们是不是很差劲 |
[14:04] | I don’t think we are. Look, hear — hear me out. | 我觉得不是 听我说 |
[14:06] | By eating those burgers, we denied them | 我们吃了那些汉堡就避免了 |
[14:08] | from the sort of narrow-minded homophobes | 让它们被那些可能来这家餐厅的 |
[14:10] | that would come to a restaurant like this. | 恐同者享受的可能性 |
[14:12] | Okay, I don’t totally follow, but I like where you ended up. | 好吧 我没太懂 但我喜欢你的结论 |
[14:14] | I-I’m just saying that we did the right thing by coming here, | 我意思就是我们来这里是正确的选择 |
[14:16] | And I feel like — oh, god, gays. | 天呐 基友 |
[14:18] | We’re here! We’re queer! | 我们在这 我们是基友 |
[14:20] | We don’t support corporations that contribute to Super PACs | 我们不支持为不支持同志享有伴侣医保的 |
[14:23] | which don’t support healthcare coverage for same-sex partners! | 超级政治行动委员会捐款的企业 |
[14:27] | Oh, right. | 原来如此 |
[14:28] | Right. That’s why we’re boycotting this place. | 原来是为这个进行抵制啊 |
[14:31] | Right. | 原来如此 |
[14:35] | We’re here! We’re queer! | 我们在这 我们是基友 |
[14:36] | How are we supposed to fall in without them noticing? | 我们该怎么悄悄混进去 |
[14:38] | Okay, it’s just like double dutch. | 就跟跳双摇大绳一样 |
[14:39] | Just find the rhythm and jump in. Go, go. | 找准节奏跳进去就行 快快 |
[14:40] | – Right now? – Yeah. | -现在 -对 |
[14:41] | We’re here! We’re queer! | 我们在这 我们是基友 |
[14:42] | We don’t support corporations thatontribute to Super PACs | 我们不支持为不支持同志享有伴侣医保的 |
[14:45] | which don’t support healthcare corage for same-sex partners! | 超级政治行动委员会捐款的企业 |
[14:49] | We’re here! We’re queer! | 我们在这 我们是基友 |
[14:51] | We don’t support corporations that contribute to Super PACs | 我们不支持为不支持同志享有伴侣医保的 |
[14:55] | which don’t support… | 超级政治行动… |
[14:55] | Hey, you came! | 你们来了呢 |
[14:57] | Well, well, well. What a surprise. | 真是出人所料呢 |
[14:59] | I don’t know why this is a surprise. | 有这什么好意外的 |
[15:01] | We’re very political people. | 我们很关心政治 |
[15:02] | Yes, there’s not a week that goes by that we’re not | 对啊 我们每一天都在热切地 |
[15:04] | deeply entrenched in the issues that face our community. | 关心着基佬社会面临的问题 |
[15:07] | Deeply. Deeply. | 热切 那是相当热切 |
[15:08] | – And this whole, um, Super PAC thing… – Super PAC. | -还有这个超级政治行动委员会 -委员会 |
[15:10] | It’s — it is infuriating. | 真是太让人气愤了 |
[15:11] | Mr. Pritchett, you forgot your cellphone inside. | 普里契特先生 您把手机落下了 |
[15:13] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[15:15] | See, uh, before you guys got here, | 你们来之前 |
[15:16] | we went in there, | 我们走进这家餐厅 |
[15:17] | and we demanded a refund for our gift cards. | 让他们退礼物卡的钱 |
[15:19] | – Yes, we went into the belly of the beast. – So…yes, we did. | -我们深入虎穴 -没错 |
[15:21] | – Sir, you forgot your food to go. – Thank you. | -先生 您忘拿打包的菜了 -谢谢 |
[15:24] | – And fed your bellies. – How could you? | -深入虎穴吃饭吗 -不要脸 |
[15:26] | Okay, before you get all superior, | 得了吧 别一副高高在上的样子 |
[15:28] | We hadn’t eaten since breakfast. | 我们早餐以后啥都没吃 |
[15:31] | It’s a quarter to 1:00. | 现在才12:45好嘛 |
[15:32] | That’s what I’m saying. | 对啊已经12:45了 |
[15:33] | Okay, you know what? Yes. | 听我说 没错 |
[15:34] | We went in there with the best of intentions, | 我们一身正气地走进去 |
[15:36] | and we stumbled, but who amongst us hasn’t? | 我们是没忍住 可在场的谁没有过啊 |
[15:39] | – And, okay, isn’t that what we’re fighting for — – yes. | -这不就是我们现在争取的吗 -对啊 |
[15:41] | the freedom to fall short of perfection | 争取做不完美的人 |
[15:43] | and still be judged by the same standard as everyone else? | 而依旧被等同视之的权利 |
[15:45] | – That. – Thank you. | -对吧 -谢谢 |
[15:45] | No. | 不是 |
[15:46] | Didn’t you hear our chant? It was really quite clear. | 你没听到口号吗 我们抗议的不是这事 |
[15:48] | – It’s quite long. – You know, look. | -口号太长了 -听着 |
[15:50] | – We want to be socially responsible. – We do. | -我们想担起社会责任 -没错 |
[15:51] | We want to do the right thing. | 我们想做正确的事 |
[15:53] | – But it’s hard to keep track… – So hard. | -但要记得清… -太难了 |
[15:55] | of all the companies that we like | 所有我们该喜欢的公司 |
[15:57] | – and that we don’t like. – Don’t like. | -和不该喜欢的公司太难了 -不该喜欢的 |
[15:58] | We’re — we’re just trying to make it in this world, | 我们就想适应这个世界 |
[16:01] | raise our daughter, get her to her soccer game. | 抚养女儿 让她进足球队 |
[16:03] | Not Youth Soccer Federation. | 你说的该不会是少年足球协会 |
[16:04] | ‘Cause if it’s Youth Soccer Federation — | 因为如果你说的是少年足球协会 |
[16:05] | – I don’t want to know. – Oh, my God! | -我不想知道 -我了个娘啊 |
[16:07] | You know what? Sh-shame! Shame! | 耻辱 耻辱 |
[16:09] | Shame! Shame on you. | 耻辱 奇耻大辱 |
[16:11] | You are no better than the people in that restaurant. | 你们比那餐厅里的人好不到哪去 |
[16:13] | Come on, Cam let’s go. | 小卡 走了 |
[16:15] | Come on. | 走 |
[16:16] | Think they bought it? | 他们被唬住了吗 |
[16:17] | Keep your head up. Don’t look back. | 抬头 别往后看 |
[16:18] | Being right is mostly confidence. | 只要肯信 万物成真 |
[16:27] | Okay, look. I’m sorry. | 好了 是我不对 |
[16:29] | We good? | 我们没事了吧 |
[16:33] | Apparently not. | 明显没有 |
[16:35] | Look, complaining about a line at an airport | 拿在机场排队当借口 |
[16:37] | is easier than admitting the truth about why I want you to become a citizen. | 比承认真实的原因要容易 |
[16:43] | I guess it still bothers me | 我想我还是很不爽 |
[16:44] | that you have all these ties to Javier. | 你和哈维尔之间千丝万缕的联系 |
[16:46] | What ties? What are you talking about? | 什么联系 你瞎扯些什么 |
[16:47] | Gloria Delgado-Pritchett. | 歌洛莉亚·迪尔加多-普里契特 |
[16:49] | You still have his last name. You’re both Colombians. | 你还留着他的姓 你们都是哥伦比亚人 |
[16:53] | When you and I come back to the country, | 我们回国的时候 |
[16:54] | we have to wait in separate lines | 得排不同的队 |
[16:55] | like we’re not even in the same family. | 就像我们不是一家人 |
[16:57] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[16:58] | I guess I just thought that if you committed to America, | 我猜如果你加入美国籍 |
[17:01] | in some weird way, you’d be recommitting to me. | 你可能就完全属于我了 |
[17:06] | That’s the longest you’ve ever been quiet, | 你从没安静过这么长时间 |
[17:08] | And it’s terrifying. | 好吓人 |
[17:10] | I know nobody asked for my advice — | 我知道没人问我意见 |
[17:12] | Yet you’re talking.. | 那你还说些什么 |
[17:13] | I agree with Jay. | 我同意杰 |
[17:14] | Let’s hear him out. | 听他说 |
[17:15] | Don’t do this for him, mom. | 妈 别为了他加入美国籍 |
[17:16] | You’re all over the place. | 你怎么这么多话 |
[17:18] | But you also shouldn’t worry about what Dad thinks. | 你也不该在意爸爸的想法 |
[17:21] | I think you should become a citizen | 我觉得你应该加入美国籍 |
[17:22] | because even back when we were alone in our apartment, | 是因为我们还住在旧公寓的时候 |
[17:26] | this is what you always wanted. | 这就是你想要的 |
[17:29] | Remember sitting by the window, | 还记得我们坐在窗边 |
[17:31] | watching reruns of “Miami Vice” on the neighbor’s TV, | 看邻居电视里的《迈阿密风云》重播吗 |
[17:35] | and all the bad guys were caught | 所有的坏人都被抓住了 |
[17:37] | and all the policemen had those — those nice cars? | 所有警察都开着那些好车 |
[17:39] | We used to watch that | 我们看的时候就想 |
[17:40] | and think what an amazing country this was. | 这国家真美好 |
[17:46] | Did a little research. | 我调查了一下 |
[17:47] | If mom isn’t a citizen when Jay | 如果杰去享”极乐”之后 |
[17:50] | “moves on to a better place”, | 妈妈还不是正式公民 |
[17:51] | we could be looking at a pretty hefty estate tax. | 遗产税的数字就要吓死人了 |
[17:54] | I don’t want to sound insensitive, | 我不想让人觉得我没人性 |
[17:56] | but I have acquired a real taste for truffles. | 可我实在不能忍受吃不上松露的日子 |
[17:59] | All right, kids, four laps. | 好了 孩子们 一共四圈 |
[18:01] | First one to finish wins. | 先跑完的人获胜 |
[18:02] | It’s not rocket science, unfortunately for you, | 不是什么高数大物 不过对你们来说 |
[18:05] | because I think you’d find that easier. | 高数可能反倒更容易 |
[18:08] | You nervous? | 紧张吗 |
[18:09] | Come on, Alex! You can do it! | 加油 艾丽克斯 你能行 |
[18:10] | I ran six miles the morning you were born! | 你出生的那天早上我跑了六英里 |
[18:13] | You came out of the womb ready for this! | 你出娘胎就准备好了 |
[18:14] | Sanjay! Your 115 cousins are rooting for you! | 桑杰 你的115个表亲都支持你 |
[18:18] | Why are you ignoring me? | 你为什么不理我 |
[18:19] | All right, on your mark. | 好了 各就各位 |
[18:20] | Look. I didn’t mean to weird you out yesterday. | 听我说 昨天我没想要吓到你 |
[18:24] | Stop it. I’m not falling for these little mind games. | 别说了 我才不会上这些心理战术的当 |
[18:26] | – Get set. – It’s not a game. | -预备 -那不是心理战术 |
[18:27] | It’s how I feel. | 是我的真实想法 |
[18:28] | I said enough, Sanjay. | 我说了打住 桑杰 |
[18:30] | Run, Sanjay! | 快跑 桑杰 |
[18:31] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事 |
[18:31] | He must know something we don’t. | 他肯定知道什么我们不知道的事 |
[18:33] | Stop running, Alex! It’s a trap! | 别跑了 艾丽克斯 这是个陷阱 |
[18:37] | What are you doing? | 你干吗呢 |
[18:38] | I was telling the truth yesterday. | 昨天我说的是实话 |
[18:40] | I don’t care if I lose valedictorian | 如果能证明我真的喜欢你 |
[18:42] | if it’ll prove that I really like you. | 我不在乎丢掉致告别辞的机会 |
[18:45] | Are — are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[18:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:49] | Please don’t laugh at me. | 请不要笑我 |
[18:49] | I’m — I’m feeling very exposed with my skinny legs. | 露着细腿我觉得好尴尬 |
[18:54] | I-I like your legs. | 我喜欢你的腿 |
[18:57] | You do? | 真的 |
[18:58] | Well… I love your hair. | 我喜欢你的头发 |
[19:01] | And your smile. | 还有你的微笑 |
[19:02] | And the way you roll your beautiful brown eyes | 还有别人答错题时 |
[19:04] | when someone gets an answer wrong. | 你漂亮的棕色眼睛翻白的样子 |
[19:08] | I don’t understand what’s going on. | 我搞不懂怎么回事 |
[19:09] | Why isn’t he running? | 他为什么不跑 |
[19:10] | We spent $1,200 on a Skype session with Usain Bolt. | 我们花了1200元在Skype上了一节博尔特的课呢 |
[19:15] | Uh, I feel like we’re about to kiss. | 感觉我们该接吻了 |
[19:17] | Are we about to kiss, ’cause I’ve never really — | 我们该接吻了吗 我还没真的 |
[19:22] | Oh, my god. They’re kissing. | 我的天 他们在接吻 |
[19:23] | Sanjay! What are you doing?! | 桑杰 你在干什么 |
[19:24] | Get away from her! | 离她远点 |
[19:25] | Oh, it’s so cute. | 好萌啊 |
[19:27] | He seems quite skilled at it. | 他看上去挺在行的 |
[19:28] | Okay, that’s enough. | 行了 就这样吧 |
[19:29] | I-I think — I think we can dial it back. | 我觉得 可以低调点 |
[19:32] | So, co-valedictorians it is. | 那么就一起做联合学生代表吧 |
[19:35] | I missed a tile demo at home depot for this, | 为了这比赛我错过了家得宝的瓷砖展示会 |
[19:37] | but good for you. | 你们俩倒好 |
[19:40] | This is a land | 这片土地上 |
[19:41] | where people of vastly different cultures | 生活着众多不同文化背景的人 |
[19:43] | are brought together by their willingness to work hard | 他们因奋斗的意愿和对成功的渴望 |
[19:46] | and their desire to succeed. | 汇集在一起 |
[19:48] | I’m a better kisser than you are. | 我的吻技比你好 |
[19:49] | You’re joking, right? I’m actually destroying you. | 开玩笑 姐分分钟碾压你 |
[19:54] | This is a land made great | 这片土地 |
[19:56] | by people standing up for what they believe. | 因坚持信仰的人们而伟大 |
[19:59] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[20:00] | Um, you know what? | 我说啊 |
[20:01] | I have decided that we — we cannot eat these curly fries. | 我决定 我们不能吃这盒扭扭薯条 |
[20:04] | Ba-ba-ba! Shake it. | 摇一摇 |
[20:09] | The container, Cam. | 摇盒子 小卡 |
[20:12] | This is a beacon of freedom. | 这是自由的灯塔 |
[20:16] | Welcome to the United States of America. | 欢迎来到美利坚合众国 |
[20:19] | That’s your wife? | 她是你老婆 |
[20:20] | Pretty great country, huh? | 这国家很不错 对吧 |
[20:27] | Okay. You ready to begin? | 准备好了吗 |
[20:29] | Yes. | 准备好了 |
[20:31] | The United States government has how many branches? | 美国政府有几个分支 |
[20:33] | – Three. – Correct. | -三个 -正确 |
[20:34] | What color are the stars on the American flag? | 美国国旗上的星星是什么颜色的 |
[20:36] | White, but I feel like it’s my duty to tell you | 白的 不过我觉得我有义务告诉你 |
[20:39] | that you have a flag right behind you, | 你背后就有面国旗 |
[20:41] | so probably you need to ask me another question. | 我觉得你该换个问题问我 |
[20:43] | No need. Congratulations, you passed. | 不用了 恭喜你 你通过了 |
[20:45] | What? That’s it? Two questions? | 什么 没了吗 才两个问题 |
[20:47] | And I have a cheat flag? That’s all it takes? | 还有作弊旗 这样就行了吗 |
[20:50] | Yep, you’ll get an official letter in the mail | 对 你会收到官方信函 |
[20:52] | with the details of your oath ceremony. | 里面有你宣誓仪式的细节 |
[20:53] | Do you know how long I’ve been studying for this? | 你知道我为此花了多长时间学习吗 |
[20:56] | You’re robbing me of the feeling of achievement. | 你把我的成就感都剥夺了 |
[20:58] | Ask me another question, and a hard one this time. | 再问我一个问题 要难点的 |
[21:01] | – But you already passed — – Do it. | -可你已经通过了 -快点 |
[21:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:05] | How many Congress members are there? | 国会有几个成员 |
[21:08] | You know what? It’s too late. You’ve already said that I passed. | 问迟了 你都说了我已经过了 |