时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Mom, come on, I need to get to school! | 老妈 快点 我还得上学呢 |
[00:03] | Isn’t it today Senior Ditch Day? | 今天不是高四逃课日吗 |
[00:05] | Today’s Ditch Day? | 今天是逃课日吗 |
[00:06] | No way you are ditching Ditch Day. | 逃课日你绝对不能错过 |
[00:08] | It’s like the best week of senior year…day. | 这是高四最棒的一周…一天 |
[00:11] | Unlike this house, | 不像我们家 |
[00:12] | the library will be completely quiet | 图书馆会非常安静 |
[00:14] | So I can focus on my roommate selection. | 我就可以专心选室友了 |
[00:16] | How long can picking a nerdy roommate take? | 选一个书呆子舍友能花多少时间 |
[00:18] | They’re all versions of you. | 她们就是你的不同版本罢了 |
[00:19] | Look — Indian you, blonde you, Asian you. | 印度版的你 金发版的你 亚裔版的你 |
[00:23] | Oh, look! Her name is actually “Yu”. | 快看 她的名字就叫钰[音同你] |
[00:25] | Skipping one day of school isn’t gonna do any harm. | 逃一天课不会怎么样的 |
[00:27] | I ditched plenty, and look at me today. | 我就逃了很多课 看看我现在 |
[00:29] | I am fielding multiple job offers. | 我得到了很多工作机会 |
[00:31] | One job offer. | 只有一个 |
[00:32] | From a very prominent hotel chain | 是一个著名的连锁酒店 |
[00:34] | weighed against the implied offer of staying at my current job. | 我要在它和现在的工作之间权衡 |
[00:37] | Working for you dad. | 现在的工作是给你爸打工 |
[00:38] | Exactly! And I could never leave grandpa, | 没错 而我不能离开外公 |
[00:40] | so I am going to say “No” to the first offer — | 所以我要拒绝第一个工作机会 |
[00:42] | Only offer. | 唯一一个 |
[00:43] | Even though I would have made an excellent | 即便我完全可以胜任 |
[00:45] | regional vice president in charge of promotions. | 分管销售的地区副总裁职务 |
[00:47] | She is great at promotion. | 她确实很擅长推销 |
[00:49] | That title gets longer every time I hear it. | 那职位名被她越说越长了 |
[00:51] | Come on, don’t go to school. | 拜托 别去学校了 |
[00:52] | Girls’ day! We’ll swing by the mall. | 姐妹日 我们一起去逛商场 |
[00:54] | You could use a new everything. | 你的全身衣物都需要换新的了 |
[00:57] | Girls, get in the car. Luke’s hurt. | 姑娘们 快上车 卢克受伤了 |
[00:58] | Oh, my God. What happened? | 天呐 发生了什么 |
[00:59] | He collapsed on the way to school. | 他上学路上晕倒了 |
[01:00] | He’s in the hospital. Come on. | 现在在医院里 快点 |
[01:02] | What’s wrong with Luke? Why’d he collapsed? | 卢克怎么了 他怎么会晕倒 |
[01:04] | I heard he was dead! | 我听说他死了 |
[01:07] | You care about me. | 原来你们这么关心我 |
[01:08] | Got ’em good, buddy. | 把她们耍得团团转 伙计 |
[01:09] | Nobody’s dead! | 没人死了 |
[01:10] | – Look out! – Oh, sorry! | -小心 -对不起 |
[01:12] | Are you out of your mind?! | 你疯了吗 |
[01:13] | Alex, you have worked so insanely hard this year. | 艾丽克斯 你这一年简直学疯了 |
[01:16] | You deserve this Ditch Day more than anyone. | 你比任何人都该享受逃课日 |
[01:19] | So guess what? | 所以你猜怎么着 |
[01:20] | We’re going to California Adventure. | 我们要去加州冒险乐园[迪士尼乐园] |
[01:23] | Without mom! | 不带老妈 |
[01:25] | Ditch Day! Ditch Day! Ditch Day! | 逃课日 逃课日 逃课日 |
[01:28] | Is this a high holiday for you people? | 这是你们的什么盛大节日吗 |
[01:44] | That’s it. I’m doing it. | 没错 我下定决心了 |
[01:45] | I’m throwing out all my socks and starting over. | 我要把所有的袜子都扔掉 重新开始 |
[01:48] | And they say Tina was brave for leaving Ike. | 他们还说蒂娜离开艾克很勇敢 |
[01:51] | Oh, God. That hurts. | 天呐 好疼 |
[01:52] | Oh, my Gosh. You cut yourself. | 天呐 你切到自己了 |
[01:54] | Don’t get blood in my eggs. | 血可别流到我的蛋里 |
[01:57] | We’re getting concerned | 我们越来越担心 |
[01:58] | that Lily hasn’t developed an adequate sense of empathy. | 莉莉似乎不是很有同情心 |
[02:01] | Insofar as she doesn’t have any at all. | 应该说是完全没有 |
[02:04] | Okay, that’s good. I can feel that working. | 好吧 很好 感觉好像有用 |
[02:06] | I know. I can finally breathe. | 是啊 终于可以呼吸了 |
[02:09] | I can’t hear myself think! | 吵得我都无法思考了 |
[02:13] | Nice preview of our sunset years. | 完全可以预见到我们的暮年生活 |
[02:14] | She literally pulled the plug on us. | 她直接把我们的插头[呼吸机]拔掉了 |
[02:16] | I wasn’t gonna mention the other job offer to my dad, | 我没打算告诉我爸另一个工作机会的事 |
[02:19] | but I didn’t want him just hearing about it, | 但我也不想他从别人那里知道 |
[02:21] | so after wrestling with it all day, I decided to tell him. | 所以在纠结一天后 我决定告诉他 |
[02:24] | Hey, you’re in early. | 你来得真早啊 |
[02:26] | Are you ready to have a laugh? | 你想听个笑话吗 |
[02:27] | Janice’s haircut? | 杰妮斯的发型吗 |
[02:28] | Give her some slack. | 别太难为她啦 |
[02:29] | She just went through a breakup… | 她刚刚分手… |
[02:30] | with a woman, I assume, based on the haircut. | 估计是跟个女的 我看她发型猜的 |
[02:32] | No, it’s even funnier. | 不 其实更有意思 |
[02:34] | Uh, so you know how hard I’ve been working on | 你知道我一直在努力争取 |
[02:36] | the Grand Royal Hotel account? | 皇家大饭店这个客户吧 |
[02:37] | Not giving raises till next year, but go on. | 想加薪等明年吧 不过你继续说 |
[02:39] | They offered me a job. | 他们请我去工作 |
[02:42] | Crazy, right? | 很意外 对吧 |
[02:43] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -是啊 |
[02:45] | I mean, maybe not “crazy”, | 也不是完全意外 |
[02:46] | but trying to poach the boss’s daughter? | 但是居然想挖走老板的女儿 |
[02:50] | I must have impressed ’em. | 我一定是给他们留下了深刻印象 |
[02:52] | You gotta take this offer. | 你得接受这份工作 |
[02:53] | What? | 什么 |
[02:54] | Higher salary, better benefits. | 工资更高 福利更好 |
[02:56] | I mean, you might have to travel more, | 你可能得经常出差 |
[02:57] | which is time away from Phil. | 意味着要时不时离开菲尔 |
[03:00] | Nothing but upside. | 全是好处 |
[03:01] | He was right. | 他说得对 |
[03:03] | It was a great opportunity. | 确实是个大好的机会 |
[03:05] | I may have been a bit hasty | 那个工作机会 |
[03:06] | turning down that job offer so quickly. | 我可能拒绝得太急了 |
[03:08] | Do you think you could give me a day or two to think about it? | 可以给我一两天时间考虑一下吗 |
[03:12] | Yes, it would mean leaving my dad, | 是 这意味着我得离开我爸 |
[03:14] | but this was business. | 但这是生意场 |
[03:15] | It wasn’t personal. | 跟私人感情无关 |
[03:17] | Plus, clearly my father doesn’t care if I live or die. | 而且 我爸显然不在乎我的死活 |
[03:27] | Hey, will I still get wise without my wisdom teeth? | 没了智齿 我还有智慧吗 |
[03:31] | – You get it? – Every time. | -听懂了吗 -都懂啦 |
[03:33] | Why don’t I hold on to the painkillers? | 把止痛片给我吧 |
[03:36] | Now I’m sad. | 现在我很难过 |
[03:37] | They’re right here. | 就在这里 |
[03:37] | I’ll give you one when you need one. | 你想要时我就给你 |
[03:39] | No, Kylie said she’d meet me at the dentist | 不 凯莉说她会在牙医那里等我 |
[03:41] | and she never came. | 但她没来 |
[03:42] | Ay, I know, Papi, I’m so sorry, | 我知道 宝贝儿 很遗憾 |
[03:44] | but I’m gonna get you a very nice pillow from your bedroom. | 我去你卧室里把你的枕头拿来 |
[03:46] | She wants me to go away with her to drama camp this summer, | 她想让我这个夏天陪她去戏剧夏令营 |
[03:49] | And then she doesn’t even show up today? | 然而她今天都不肯来吗 |
[03:52] | Maybe Kylie changed her mind about camp. | 也许凯莉改变主意了 |
[03:54] | Maybe she plans to be with many men | 也许她想跟很多人交往 |
[03:55] | and she doesn’t deserve you. | 她配不上你 |
[03:58] | I hid it very well from Manny, | 曼尼完全看不出来 |
[03:59] | but I hated that girl. | 但我真的很讨厌那姑娘 |
[04:01] | She was getting too serious too fast. | 她和曼尼发展得太快太认真了 |
[04:05] | I’m so sorry. | 我好抱歉 |
[04:06] | My volleyball practice went long | 我的排球训练延时了 |
[04:08] | and then my phone died. | 然后我的手机没电了 |
[04:09] | I want to kiss you, but I have surgery breath. | 我想吻你 但我嘴里一股药味 |
[04:13] | Just make sure you’re back in kissing shape | 你要快点回到可以亲吻的状态 |
[04:14] | in time for us to go to camp together. | 我们一起参加夏令营时就能亲亲了 |
[04:16] | Why do I keep smelling strawberries? | 我为什么一直闻到草莓的味道 |
[04:18] | What did they do to me? | 他们对我做了什么 |
[04:19] | It’s the milkshake I brought you. | 是我给你带来的奶昔啦 |
[04:22] | Oh, and look. | 瞧瞧 |
[04:24] | I usually wait till you’re not looking, then I look. | 我一般都等你没注意的时候才偷看 |
[04:26] | The scarf you gave me, you dog! | 是说你送人家的围巾 讨厌了啦 |
[04:29] | Actually, now’s a good time to look | 实际上 现在是观看的好时机 |
[04:31] | ’cause I kinda see four of them. | 因为我看到了四个 |
[04:33] | I got a couple pills in me. | 我吃了几片药 |
[04:36] | Ditch Day. Ditch Day. Ditch Day. | 逃课日 逃课日 逃课日 |
[04:40] | Ditch… | 逃课… |
[04:42] | 15 minutes. | 15分钟 |
[04:42] | When you didn’t stop while we were getting gas, | 连加油的时候你们都没停 |
[04:44] | I thought it might just go on forever. | 我还以为你们会一直喊下去呢 |
[04:45] | Sweet Myrna Loy! | 天啊 |
[04:53] | Dad, you know it’s not | 爸爸 你知道放的不是 |
[04:53] | a movie called “Demolition Notice”, right? | 一部名叫《拆迁公告》的电影 对吧 |
[04:55] | I built this theater with these two hands… | 我靠自己的双手建造了这个影院… |
[04:57] | plus the 28 hands of 14 other guys. | 还有其余14个人的28只手 |
[05:00] | You…built this. | 就你 建造的 |
[05:02] | Renovated it. | 我整修的 |
[05:03] | Before I got into real estate, I worked construction. | 进入房地产界之前我在建筑业工作 |
[05:05] | You….worked construction. | 就你 在建筑业工作 |
[05:07] | Yeah, stop staying it like that. | 是的 别那样说话 |
[05:09] | I put 10 months of my life into this place. | 我为这地方消耗了10个月心血 |
[05:11] | I’d love to look around one last time | 我很想在他们拆掉这栋建筑前 |
[05:13] | before they tear the old girl down. | 最后看看这里 |
[05:14] | Oh, well, sucks to be getting old. | 变老真糟糕 |
[05:16] | You know what? We’re bustin’ in. | 我们要闯进去 |
[05:18] | How? Smash a window with a brick? | 怎么做啊 用砖头砸窗户吗 |
[05:21] | I had something a little more elegant in mind. | 我想到了更为优雅的办法 |
[05:23] | I think you forget that I gave birth to this building. | 我想你们忘记了 是我建造了这栋大楼 |
[05:28] | I know her strengths… | 我知道她的长处 |
[05:30] | and… her weaknesses. | 和弱点 |
[05:38] | Did you see a brick? | 你们有看到砖头吗 |
[05:42] | So I walked into to Dad’s office, | 我走进老爸的办公室 |
[05:44] | and he is holding a picture of me, | 他拿着我的照片 |
[05:46] | looking at it with tears welling in his eyes. | 满眼含泪地看着 |
[05:49] | Oh, Dad was never that emotional when we were growing up. | 我们小时候老爸从来没有这么多愁善感 |
[05:52] | I know. That’s what makes this whole thing so hard! | 就是啊 所以这事才这么难办 |
[05:55] | Maybe lily hasn’t learned empathy | 也许莉莉没学到同情 |
[05:56] | because she hasn’t seen it from me, you know? | 是因为没看见我表现出同情心 |
[05:59] | Could we maybe stay on my problem until the bread comes? | 我们能在上面包之前先专注于我的问题吗 |
[06:01] | I’m sorry. It sounded like you were done. Sorry. | 对不起 听起来你好像是说完了 |
[06:03] | So, the way I left things with the hotel company | 我跟酒店那边说的是 |
[06:06] | is that I need a little more time to decide, | 我还需要一点时间来考虑 |
[06:07] | but honestly, I think I’m gonna tell ’em no. | 但是说真的 我打算拒绝他们 |
[06:09] | I mean, how could I leave Dad after what I saw? | 看见那一幕之后我怎么能离开老爸 |
[06:11] | It’s just — it’s heartbreaking. | 真是令人心碎 |
[06:14] | Oh, I could cry. | 我都快哭了 |
[06:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:16] | Maybe if Lily saw me cry, | 也许如果莉莉看见我哭 |
[06:18] | she would see that it’s okay to be that way, | 她就会觉得哭也没关系 |
[06:19] | especially coming from me, her stoic dad who never cries. | 特别是看见我这个从来不哭的坚忍老爸哭 |
[06:23] | Oh, come on, you had to be done that time. | 拜托 你刚才肯定说完了啊 |
[06:25] | You know what? You’re right. Let’s do you. | 知道吗 你说得对 说你的事吧 |
[06:27] | Your problem is bigger than mine anyway, | 反正你的问题比我的更大 |
[06:29] | ’cause if your plan is to cry in front of Lily… | 因为如果你的计划是在莉莉面前哭 |
[06:32] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[06:33] | You’re too emotionally constipated. | 你情感上太冷漠了 |
[06:35] | You know, I-I know you’re joking, Claire, | 我知道你在开玩笑 克莱尔 |
[06:36] | but sometimes… sometimes words hurt, you know? | 但是有时候言语会伤人 |
[06:39] | And to think that my own sister… | 一想起我的亲姐姐… |
[06:41] | my own sister would accuse me of — Oh, screw it. | 我的亲姐姐会说我 算了吧 |
[06:44] | I’ll just work up some tears with a sad movie. It’s fine. | 我就看一部悲剧电影来催泪吧 没关系 |
[06:50] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[06:52] | You’re awake. | 你醒了啊 |
[06:54] | How you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[06:57] | You bought me a balloon. | 你给我买了个气球 |
[06:58] | – What? – And a teddy bear. | -什么 -还有泰迪熊 |
[07:00] | When did you buy all this stuff? | 你什么时候买的 |
[07:02] | When — when you were asleep | 你睡觉的时候 |
[07:05] | and I got you a strawberry milkshake. | 我还给你买了草莓奶昔 |
[07:07] | Mom, you’re the best. | 世上只有妈妈好 |
[07:10] | He couldn’t remember a thing. | 他什么都不记得了 |
[07:12] | All I had to do was to get him past the 5:00 deadline | 我只要拖住他到五点报名截止 |
[07:15] | so that he couldn’t go on that trip with Kylie. | 这样他就没法和凯莉一起出行了 |
[07:18] | I know what happens at camp. | 我知道在夏令营会发生什么 |
[07:20] | I’ve seen “Meatballs”. | 我看过《疯狂夏令营》 |
[07:22] | I still can’t believe Kylie flaked on me. | 我还是难以相信凯莉放了我鸽子 |
[07:24] | I thought she really liked me. | 我还以为她真的很喜欢我 |
[07:25] | I guess not. | 我想不是吧 |
[07:27] | Time for more pills, baby. | 又该吃药了 宝贝 |
[07:28] | Really? I’m already so loopy. | 真的吗 我已经很晕了 |
[07:30] | We have to get ahead of the pain. | 得在感觉到疼之前就吃 |
[07:33] | Maybe she texted me. | 也许她给我发了短信 |
[07:34] | Have you seen my phone? | 你看见我的手机了吗 |
[07:37] | Is it over there? | 不是在那里吗 |
[07:40] | I don’t see it. | 我没看见 |
[07:43] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[07:43] | Eh…hugging! | 拥抱你 |
[07:46] | You’re so sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[07:47] | But I don’t think these pills are really doing anything. | 但我觉得这些药没效果 |
[07:52] | Does this place look familiar? | 这地方看起来眼熟吗 |
[07:54] | Oh, yeah. This is where we were all murdered. | 是的 我们就是在这里被谋杀的 |
[07:57] | No, silly. This is where you girls saw your first movie. | 不 你们姐妹就是在这看的第一部电影 |
[08:00] | Halfway through “Hare-Abian Nights”, | 《兔八哥之夜》放了一半时 |
[08:02] | I looked over, and your little heads were pressed together | 我往旁边看去 你们的小脑袋挤在一起 |
[08:04] | like the cutest teepee ever. | 像是可爱的小圆锥帐篷 |
[08:06] | And where was I during all of this family fun? | 全家人找乐子时我在哪里 |
[08:09] | Buddy, the three of us were having a girls’ day. | 小子 我们仨当时在过女生之日呢 |
[08:11] | You get it. | 你懂的 |
[08:12] | This way. Over here by the screen. | 这边 屏幕这里 |
[08:16] | So… | 话说 |
[08:19] | while I was still building this place, | 我还在建造这里时 |
[08:20] | I snuck back here with you guys after work one day, and… | 有天下班后 我和你们一起偷偷溜回来 |
[08:26] | check it out. | 瞧瞧看 |
[08:27] | Aw, dad! Are those our feet? | 爸爸 那是我们的脚印吗 |
[08:30] | Look at how tiny! | 瞧瞧有多小 |
[08:31] | Where’s my footprints? | 我的脚印呢 |
[08:32] | Um… I guess that’s you. Anyway… | 我猜这个是你的 |
[08:35] | That looks like a baby head. | 那看起来像个婴儿的脑袋印 |
[08:36] | I was struggling with these two. | 这俩丫头我都忙不过来 |
[08:37] | You were all squirmy. | 加上你一直扭个不停 |
[08:38] | I’m not gonna apologize over and over. | 我都道过很多次歉了 |
[08:40] | Come on, let’s grab this thing. | 来吧 我们拿上这个 |
[08:41] | Grab what, the cement? | 拿什么 水泥吗 |
[08:42] | This place is gonna be rubble in a few days. | 这地方过几天就要变成一片废墟了 |
[08:44] | I want a memento. | 我想要留点回忆 |
[08:45] | Let’s do it! | 行动吧 |
[08:46] | All right, well, this seems more like boys’ work, | 这个看起来比较像男孩子的工作 |
[08:48] | so you guys take your time on that, okay? | 你们慢慢玩哦 |
[08:51] | Super fun adventure! | 真是超棒的探险 |
[08:54] | Okay, so that’s at least an hour. | 他们至少要花一个小时 |
[08:56] | There’s a mall across the street. | 马路对面有家商场 |
[08:57] | I’m calling a car and going to school. | 我打电话叫车 现在去学校 |
[08:58] | Caltech needs my roommate selection by — | 加州理工要我尽快选好室友 |
[09:02] | What’s your problem? | 你到底怎么了 |
[09:02] | What’s yours? You’re just gonna leave without telling Dad? | 你怎么了 你不跟老爸说一声就要走吗 |
[09:05] | You were just about to take me to a mall. | 你不是还要带我去商场吗 |
[09:06] | Okay, if you can’t see the difference… | 好吧 你看不出区别就算了 |
[09:08] | Look, I’m sorry I’ve got better things to do | 抱歉 比起逛街或者坐在一间 |
[09:11] | than go shop or sit in some creepy old movie theater | 我们过去看动画片的破影院里 |
[09:13] | Where we used to watch cartoons. | 我还有更重要的事情做 |
[09:14] | I get it. You’re beyond all of us now. | 我知道 你比我们都厉害多了 |
[09:16] | Go pick out your playmates at nerd academy. | 快去挑你的书呆子学院小伙伴吧 |
[09:19] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:20] | I’ll just pick out my roommate here then. | 我就在这里挑室友好了 |
[09:22] | Sorry I’m so excited about college. | 抱歉我对上大学的事太激动了 |
[09:25] | Apology not accepted. | 我不接受道歉 |
[09:26] | I wasn’t actually apologizing, so… | 反正我也没想真道歉 |
[09:29] | Found the light! | 找到灯了 |
[09:30] | Found the chisel! | 找到凿子了 |
[09:33] | Found the broom. | 找到扫把了 |
[09:37] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[09:39] | Mitchell? What’s wrong? | 米奇尔 出什么事了 |
[09:41] | I feel like Lily’s inability to show feelings | 我觉得莉莉对人这么冷漠 |
[09:43] | for other people might be my fault. | 可能是我的错 |
[09:45] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[09:45] | I think that, too, but just take comfort in knowing | 我也这么觉得 不过至少 |
[09:48] | you got there on your own. | 你自己意识到了 |
[09:49] | I’m watching “The Bridges of Madison County” | 我在看《廊桥遗梦》 |
[09:51] | because it’s the only thing that makes me cry. | 因为这是唯一能弄哭我的 |
[09:53] | When she gets home, | 等她回家了 |
[09:54] | I’m going to turn this off and pretend I was reading this. | 我会关掉电视假装我在读这个 |
[09:57] | “Typhoon Flattens Orphanage”? | 《台风荡平孤儿院》 |
[09:59] | Yeah, that’s sad, right? | 很悲伤的故事吧 |
[10:01] | Now — now get out of here, | 现在 你快走 |
[10:01] | because she’s going to be home any second, | 她随时可能回来 |
[10:03] | and I’m trying to stay sad. | 我得努力维持悲伤的状态 |
[10:04] | Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait. Just to clarify, | 等等 等等 我想问清楚 |
[10:06] | the only thing that makes you cry… | 唯一能弄哭你的 |
[10:07] | that truly resonates with you on a deep, emotional level | 能真正在情感上让你产生共鸣的 |
[10:10] | is a film about someone… who’s trapped in a loveless marriage? | 是一部关于陷入无爱婚姻之苦的电影吗 |
[10:15] | Okay, Cam, please go. | 好了 小卡 请快走 |
[10:16] | I’m starting not to feel anything. | 我已经开始出戏了 |
[10:18] | Do you know how hurtful that is? | 你知道那有多伤人吗 |
[10:20] | I’m home! | 我回来了 |
[10:21] | And now I’m not crying. Great. | 我现在哭不下去了 真棒 |
[10:23] | Hey, sweetie. Hi. How was your day? | 亲爱的 你今天过得怎么样 |
[10:25] | Better than hers. What’s wrong now? | 比她过得好 发生什么事了 |
[10:27] | Daddy’s just having a moment. | 大爸有点小情绪 |
[10:29] | He’s always having a moment. | 他总是有小情绪 |
[10:32] | Oh, wait. Oh, my gosh. I-I just realized something. | 等等 天呐 我刚发现一件事 |
[10:34] | What, that our marriage bed | 怎么 你发现我们的婚床 |
[10:35] | is a 1,200 thread-count charade? | 是个1200针的无爱摆设吗 |
[10:37] | No, maybe this isn’t my fault. | 不 这可能不是我的错 |
[10:38] | Maybe Lily can’t show empathy because you’re always crying. | 也许莉莉没有同情心是因为你老是哭 |
[10:41] | – Oh, so it’s my fault? – Yes. | -所以怪我咯 -对 |
[10:43] | You’ve totally desensitized her to normal emotions. | 你害她对正常的情感麻木了 |
[10:45] | That’s not true! | 才没有 |
[10:46] | And now you wanna cry, | 而且你现在很想哭 |
[10:48] | because she won’t cry because you’re always crying. | 因为她因为你总是哭而从来不哭 |
[10:52] | And you would only know that | 然而你会知道这个 |
[10:53] | because you do love me! | 是因为你真爱我 |
[10:59] | Hi, honey. What’s up? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[11:00] | Well, I just wanted to let you know | 我只是想告诉你 |
[11:02] | I turned down that hotel job offer. | 我拒绝了酒店的职位 |
[11:04] | How come? | 为什么 |
[11:05] | Some things are just more important than money, | 生活中有比钱更重要的东西 |
[11:07] | and for me that includes my fam– | 对我来说那包括我的家… |
[11:08] | Man, that smarts. | 真疼 |
[11:10] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[11:11] | Just trimming the hedges. | 修修鼻毛 |
[11:12] | I saw a low-angle photo of me the other day. | 我之前见到一张自己的仰角照 |
[11:14] | I looked like a snorted a rabbi. | 看起来就像我鼻子里有个犹太传教士[大胡子] |
[11:16] | And — and — and you’re using | 你 你拿着我的照片 |
[11:17] | a picture of me as your mirror? | 当你的镜子吗 |
[11:21] | Oh, it is you! | 真的是你诶 |
[11:32] | Hey, is that my phone? | 那不是我的手机吗 |
[11:34] | Ah, yes! | 是的 |
[11:34] | I found it while you were asleep. | 我在你睡觉的时候找到的 |
[11:36] | Um, let me put it back in your bedroom until you wake up. | 我先放回你的卧室 等你醒了再说吧 |
[11:39] | Oh, Kylie texted me. | 凯莉给我发短信了 |
[11:41] | She sent me a photo of me and her. | 她发来一张我和她的照片 |
[11:43] | Sitting right here. | 就坐在这 |
[11:44] | Oh, maybe she sneak in | 也许她是溜进来的 |
[11:46] | while I was getting you all those nice stuff. | 在我去给你买那些东西的时候 |
[11:49] | But you’re behind me, | 但你就在我们身后 |
[11:50] | staring at us with a terrible look on your face. | 用一种可怕的眼神盯着我们 |
[11:52] | Oh, that’s impossible. I never take a bad picture. | 不可能 我照相都很注意 |
[11:55] | Are you trying to sabotage my relationship with Kylie? | 你是想破坏我和凯莉的关系吗 |
[11:59] | Her clothes are too tight, her heels are too high, | 她的衣服太紧身 她的鞋跟太高 |
[12:02] | She’s so loud, and — | 她嗓门又大 而且 |
[12:04] | And I hate how she smothers you! | 而且我讨厌她管得你密不透风 |
[12:06] | Oh, my God. You’re describing yourself. | 天呐 你在说自己吗 |
[12:08] | No! My clothes are not that… | 不 我的衣服不算… |
[12:11] | My heels are… | 我的鞋跟… |
[12:13] | I am not… loud. | 我也没那么吵 |
[12:16] | I’m dating my mother! | 我在跟我妈约会 |
[12:19] | Oh, gross. | 真恶心 |
[12:20] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[12:20] | I used to like her, but now it’s ruined. | 我以前喜欢她 可现在都变了 |
[12:23] | Please. There are worse things than dating your own mother. | 得了吧 还有比约会自己老妈更糟的呢 |
[12:27] | Like what? | 比如说呢 |
[12:28] | You know what? I don’t like this attitude, | 我不喜欢你这种态度 |
[12:29] | and I am sure that Kylie won’t like it either. | 我相信凯莉也不会喜欢的 |
[12:31] | Maybe you do need somebody like her | 也许你的确需要一个她那样的人 |
[12:33] | to keep you in line while I am not around. | 当我不在的时候管着你 |
[12:36] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[12:37] | I am sending your application to drama camp. | 我要把你的申请发给戏剧夏令营 |
[12:39] | We still have two minutes. | 我们还有两分钟 |
[12:40] | Mom, don’t you dare. | 老妈 你休想 |
[12:42] | Okay, name, age… | 名字 年龄… |
[12:45] | street name? Like you’re in a gang? | 街道名[绰号] 黑帮里的那种外号吗 |
[12:47] | I don’t want to go to camp with Kylie now! | 我不想跟凯莉一起去夏令营了 |
[12:49] | It’s disgusting! | 太恶心了 |
[12:50] | Oh, look. We got another text from Ky– | 她又发短信来了 |
[12:53] | she send a picture of her in a bikini! | 是一张她穿比基尼的照片 |
[12:55] | She did? | 真的吗 |
[12:56] | You — you can just go ahead and hit “send”. | 那你还是把申请发过去吧 |
[12:58] | No. You’re not going to go to camp with a girl like that. | 别想了 你不能跟这种女孩去夏令营的 |
[13:01] | Oh, my God. Mom, you’re crazy! | 我的天 老妈 你疯了 |
[13:03] | Yes. No. Yes. No. | 一会儿同意一会儿不同意 |
[13:05] | You hate every single girl I like. | 你讨厌每一个和我约会的女孩 |
[13:07] | You have to start letting me make my own decisions, | 你必须得让我自己做决定 |
[13:09] | or everything everybody says about me is true– | 否则大家笑我的话都要成真了 |
[13:12] | I’m a giant mama’s boy. | 我就是个妈宝 |
[13:14] | Do they really call you that? | 他们真的这么叫你吗 |
[13:15] | Yes. Now is that what you want? | 没错 难道这就是你想看到的吗 |
[13:19] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[13:21] | If you want to go, go. | 你想去的话 去吧 |
[13:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:28] | I have that same bikini. | 我也有那套比基尼 |
[13:34] | Okay, we’re gonna need a crow bar | 我们需要一个撬杠或是什么 |
[13:35] | or something to lift this thing. | 来把它弄起来 |
[13:36] | You look back there, and I’ll check these shelves. | 你在后面找找 我去架子上翻一翻 |
[13:42] | Anything up there? | 有能用的吗 |
[13:43] | Not a thing, buddy. | 什么都没有 |
[13:46] | I feel like I saw some sort of a– | 我好像看见了某种… |
[13:48] | Are they aware…? | 他们知道吗 |
[13:49] | Not a chance. | 怎么可能知道 |
[13:50] | Maybe we can use this broom handle to pry it loose. | 也许可以用这个扫帚把它弄松 |
[13:52] | No, that won’t work. Oh, no. | 不行 弄不开的 |
[13:55] | Yes, it will. | 可以弄开 |
[13:58] | Come on! | 来吧 |
[14:02] | That was close. | 好险 |
[14:08] | Sorry I was a jerk earlier. | 很抱歉之前对你那么刻薄 |
[14:11] | I’m actually having a lot of fun | 又能和你一起看动画片 |
[14:12] | watching cartoons with you again. | 我其实很开心 |
[14:14] | It was my fault. I’m just a little… | 是我的错 我就是有一点… |
[14:18] | Are you ever gonna call me? | 你以后会打电话给我吗 |
[14:21] | What? | 什么 |
[14:22] | It’s just something I’ve– | 我一直 |
[14:23] | I’ve been wondering about, you know. | 我一直在想 |
[14:25] | Like, we live together, | 我们现在住在一起 |
[14:26] | so you don’t have to call me, | 所以你不用打电话给我 |
[14:28] | and once you’re off at brainy school, | 可是一旦你去了那所高智商学校 |
[14:30] | surrounded by a bunch of brainy brains… | 身边全是高智商的同学 |
[14:32] | are we gonna be friends? | 我们还会是朋友吗 |
[14:34] | What are you talking about? You’re my sister. | 你在说什么 你可是我姐姐 |
[14:36] | Oh, right. Yeah, sisters. | 对啊 我们是姐妹 |
[14:38] | Like, we’re obligated to see each other on Thanksgiving, | 每个节假日我们都要看见对方 感恩节 |
[14:42] | Christmas… | 圣诞节… |
[14:43] | – Luke’s funeral. – I’m fine! | -卢克的葬礼 -我没事 |
[14:50] | “Uh-oh” what? | 怎么了 |
[14:52] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[14:52] | What did you do? | 你干了什么 |
[14:54] | I was following your orders. | 我是听从你的指令 |
[14:55] | I’m surprised you didn’t ask me to stand on top | 我很惊讶你居然没让我站在中间 |
[14:57] | and saw around myself in a circle. | 然后用锯子在我周围锯一个圈 |
[14:59] | Why do we even need this stupid thing? | 我们要这个东西有什么用 |
[15:00] | Because they’re tearing down the only thing I’ve ever built. | 因为他们要拆除我唯一建造过的东西 |
[15:03] | Just stand there. We can still do is. | 站在那别动 我们能行 |
[15:04] | Yeah, it’s great being a real estate agent, | 当一名房地产中介挺好的 |
[15:07] | my face is on billboards and pens. | 我的脸被印在广告牌和笔上 |
[15:08] | I have a balloon budget. | 我还有预算布置气球 |
[15:10] | But none of it ever lasts. | 但是那些都没办法永存 |
[15:11] | Once this place is gone, | 一旦这地方被拆了 |
[15:12] | they’re won’t be anything I can point to and say, | 就再也没有什么能让我指着说 |
[15:13] | “I made that.” | “这都归功于我” |
[15:17] | – What did you do? – What does it look like?! | -你干了什么 -你觉得呢 |
[15:19] | I sprung a leak! | 我把水管弄坏了 |
[15:23] | There’s gotta be a water shut-off! | 一定有阀门能关掉它的 |
[15:28] | Haley… | 海莉… |
[15:30] | I’m sorry if I’ve been acting like | 如果我最近表现出来 |
[15:32] | I didn’t wanna hang out with you lately. | 不想跟你出去玩的样子 我很抱歉 |
[15:35] | Or…ever. | 我可能一直都这么表现 |
[15:37] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心了 |
[15:39] | I’m not worried. | 我从没担心过 |
[15:41] | We’ll probably be even closer | 等我们不被关在一起 |
[15:42] | once we’re not actually caged in together. | 我们俩可能会更亲密 |
[15:44] | I’ll be calling you all the time. | 我会总打电话给你的 |
[15:47] | Think about it– | 想想看 |
[15:47] | I’m about to live on a campus full of Alexes. | 整个校园里都是艾丽克斯 |
[15:51] | That’s bound to get annoying. | 一定会很让人抓狂的 |
[15:52] | And when it does, who better to deal with an Alex than you? | 到时候除了你还能有谁帮我应付艾丽克斯 |
[16:03] | I made that. | 这都归功于我 |
[16:06] | Hey, you wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[16:07] | – Just got off the phone with Dan Signer. – Who? | -刚跟丹·希格诺打完电话 -谁 |
[16:09] | He’s one of the big mucks at the Grand Royal Hotels. | 他是皇家大酒店的大股东之一 |
[16:13] | They’re thinking about dropping our account. | 他们打算取消和我们的合作 |
[16:14] | Something about you turning down the job offer. | 因为你拒绝了他们 |
[16:17] | Well… and then accepting it, | 然后又接受 |
[16:19] | and then turning it down, and then accepting it again. | 然后又拒绝 接着又接受 |
[16:22] | Why are you jerking him around? | 你为什么要这样耍他 |
[16:24] | You’re worse than Claudia. | 你比克劳迪娅还糟糕 |
[16:25] | – Who’s claudia? – Janice’s ex-girlfriend. | -谁是克劳迪娅 -杰妮斯的前女友 |
[16:28] | She strung her along for eight years, | 她把她骗了整整八年 |
[16:30] | now they’re in a custody battle over two Labradors. | 她们现在在为两只拉布拉多的监护权打官司 |
[16:32] | Am I the only one that got stuck in the break room | 难道今天我是唯一一个在休息室 |
[16:34] | with her today? | 听她诉苦的人吗 |
[16:35] | Okay, dad, look. If it’ll help, | 老爸 如果能行 |
[16:36] | I’ll call the hotel people and I’ll straighten all this out. | 我会打给酒店的人 把这一切都说开 |
[16:37] | I don’t think more calls from you is the answer, | 我不觉得你再打电话去有什么用 |
[16:41] | and by the way, | 还有 |
[16:41] | I don’t think you’re gonna get that job anymore. | 我觉得你拿不到那份工作了 |
[16:43] | Fine! I don’t care! I don’t care! | 行啊 我无所谓 我才不在乎呢 |
[16:45] | I never wanted that job in the first place! | 我从一开始就没想要那份工作 |
[16:47] | Well, then why did you tell me about it in the first place? | 那你为什么一开始要跟我说呢 |
[16:49] | Because I wanted you to tell me not to take the job | 因为我想让你叫我别去做那份工作啊 |
[16:52] | Because I’m your daughter! | 因为我是你女儿 |
[16:53] | You know, the thing behind the mirror | 那面镜子后面的那个人 |
[16:55] | that you…trim your nose hairs with? | 就是你用来修鼻毛的那面镜子 |
[16:59] | Don’t you even care if I stay or go? | 你有在意过我的去留吗 |
[17:01] | Of course I do. | 我当然有 |
[17:02] | Well, you don’t show it. | 好吧 可你没什么表示啊 |
[17:04] | Well, maybe because I didn’t want that to be a factor. | 也许是因为我不想让这影响到你的决定 |
[17:07] | It would kill me if I thought that what I felt | 一想到我的感受可能让你做不了 |
[17:09] | would hold you back from getting something that you wanted. | 你想做的事 我就会痛苦到不行 |
[17:11] | But trust me, when I saw that job offer, | 你要相信 当我看到那份工作邀请 |
[17:14] | my heart almost fell out of my chest. | 我紧张得心都快要跳出来 |
[17:16] | I love us working together! | 我很爱我们一起工作 |
[17:18] | Thanks. Okay, then. | 谢谢 那好吧 |
[17:21] | “Okay, then”? | 那好吧 |
[17:22] | I pour my heart out, and that’s all I get? | 我掏心掏肺的 就得到这么一句话 |
[17:25] | One time my dad said, “Nice game, kid.” | 有一次我爸跟我说了句”打得漂亮” |
[17:28] | I had eye black streaming down my cheeks, | 我的防光黑彩跟着眼泪一起往下流 |
[17:30] | but all I get is, “Okay, then”? | 这一次我居然只得到一句”那好吧” |
[17:32] | I mean, I-I probably don’t say it as much as I should, | 好吧 可能我平时该说但没怎么说 |
[17:37] | but I’m proud of you, kid. | 但是我真的为你感到自豪 孩子 |
[17:38] | Got it. | 我知道了 |
[17:39] | – Jay? – Hey, Dan! | -杰 -是丹啊 |
[17:41] | Gee, I didn’t think you’d show up in person. | 天哪 我没想到您会亲自出现 |
[17:42] | Claire, this is the big cheese, Dan Signer. | 克莱尔 这位就是重要人物丹·希格诺 |
[17:45] | Hi, Mr. Signer. Such a pleasure to meet you. | 您好 希格诺先生 很高兴认识您 |
[17:47] | I’m so sorry about all that back and forth today. | 我为今天反反复复的态度向您道个歉 |
[17:48] | Hey, I’ll handle it from here. | 行了 让我来 |
[17:49] | Dan, we love doing business with you, | 丹 我们很喜欢跟你们合作 |
[17:52] | but I gotta put my foot down when it comes to Claire. | 但是这事跟克莱尔有关 我得坚定一点 |
[17:55] | This is my little baby girl here. | 这是我的宝贝女儿 |
[17:57] | The best part of my day is having a coffee | 我一天之中最美好的时光 |
[17:59] | with her in the break room, | 就是和她一起在休息室喝杯咖啡 |
[18:01] | and it wasn’t that long ago | 而且这之前没多久 |
[18:03] | that she was sitting at the breakfast table | 她还坐在早餐桌前 |
[18:05] | eating heart-shaped waffles that I made for her. | 吃着我给她做的心形华夫饼 |
[18:08] | I tell ya, it puts a lump in your throat. | 我告诉你 这简直让人哽咽 |
[18:11] | Anyway, uh, | 不管怎么说吧 |
[18:12] | I don’t know how I got to be the luckiest S.O.B. alive… | 我不知道我凭什么成了最幸运的家伙 |
[18:15] | But if I have just even a few grains left in that hourglass… | 但是只要我还有那么一点时日… |
[18:20] | I’m gonna be spending it with… | 我就想用来跟… |
[18:23] | I almost just called her by her childhood nickname there. | 我差点就把她的小名给说出来了 |
[18:27] | Ah, what the hell? | 管他呢 |
[18:29] | My little bunny foo-foo. | 我的小福福兔宝宝 |
[18:30] | – Oh, no. – Let me walk you out, Dan. | -哦别说了 -我送你出去吧 丹 |
[18:33] | – Bunny! – Thanks for coming. | -兔宝宝 -感谢你的大驾光临 |
[18:35] | Bunny! | 兔宝宝 |
[18:38] | Who’s Dan Signer? | 谁是丹·希格诺 |
[18:39] | I thought we were grabbing a beer at the club. | 我们不是要去俱乐部喝酒吗 |
[18:40] | Just keep walking, Mel. | 只管向前走 梅奥 |
[18:44] | Uh, Lily, are you busy? | 那个 莉莉 你在忙吗 |
[18:45] | Depends. | 看情况 |
[18:46] | Well, we wanted to have a little talk about feelings. | 我们想聊一聊关于感受的话题 |
[18:49] | Oh, actually, I have this project due tomorrow — | 好吧 其实我明天得交这份作业 |
[18:52] | Okay, honey. No, no. It’s okay. It’s okay. | 好吧 亲爱的 收起来 没关系的 |
[18:54] | Let’s just sit down. | 坐下来 |
[18:54] | Listen, we just wanted to ask if you think I cry too much. | 听着 我们只想问你觉不觉得我哭太多 |
[18:58] | And you can be honest. | 你可以说实话 |
[19:00] | I don’t want to answer ’cause you might cry. | 我不太想回答 不然你可能又要哭 |
[19:02] | Yeah, well… | 好吧 |
[19:04] | She cares about my feelings! | 她是在乎我的感受的 |
[19:06] | Okay, Lily, we think that maybe you don’t get emotional | 莉莉 我们觉得你不爱表达感情 |
[19:08] | because daddy gets, you know, so emotional | 是因为大爸太多愁善感 |
[19:11] | because he kind of handles | 因为他基本上扛起了 |
[19:12] | – the emotions for the entire house, you know? – I do. | -整个家的情绪 -确实 |
[19:14] | – Possibly the entire block. – Okay. | -可能是整个街区 -好吧 |
[19:16] | And maybe that’s why you don’t feel anything. | 可能因此你没有什么感情 |
[19:19] | I feel stuff. | 我有啊 |
[19:20] | Really? Because when we were sick a few weeks ago, | 是吗 因为几周前 我们俩病了 |
[19:22] | You didn’t seem to care. | 你好像不怎么关心 |
[19:24] | I didn’t care. | 我是不关心啊 |
[19:25] | Well, she’s not a liar. We did something right. | 她没撒谎 我们起码做对了点事 |
[19:27] | Don’t you think you should have cared a little bit? | 你不觉得你应该至少关心一下下吗 |
[19:29] | Why? You always get better. | 为什么 反正你们都是会好起来的啊 |
[19:30] | Well… so far. | 好吧 以后就不一定了 |
[19:33] | What do you mean, “So far”? | “以后就不一定了”是什么意思 |
[19:34] | Um… well, uh… | 呃 这个嘛 |
[19:36] | Like someday, you’re not gonna get better? | 就是说有一天你们会好不起来了吗 |
[19:38] | Like you’re gonna die? | 你们会死吗 |
[19:39] | No! No, no, no, no. Not, not for a very, very long time. | 不是 不不 很长时间内都不会的 |
[19:42] | Then why are we talking about it now? | 那我们为什么现在要讨论这个 |
[19:44] | Well, hey, you brought it up. | 是你先挑起来的好吧 |
[19:45] | I just wanted to make sure that — | 我只是想确认一下 |
[19:46] | Stop! You’re making me sad! | 别说了 你们说得我好难过 |
[19:48] | Okay, well, she has feelings. | 好吧 她是有感情的 |
[19:50] | Well, yes, and it seems that she wants to keep us alive. | 是啊 而且看起来她希望我们活着 |
[19:53] | So all in all, a good day of parenting. | 总而言之 今天的教育还是很成功的 |
[19:55] | I don’t want to live with aunt Claire! | 我不要跟克莱尔姨妈住 |
[19:58] | Lily! | 莉莉 |
[19:59] | Parents make so many mistakes with their children… | 父母在教育子女时总是犯很多错… |
[20:04] | I’ve alive, sweetheart. | 我还活着 亲爱的 |
[20:05] | But what about daddy? | 可是大爸呢 |
[20:07] | I’m alive, too. | 我也还活着 |
[20:08] | Come here. Come on, sweetheart. | 过来 来吧 宝贝 |
[20:10] | But it’s only because we’re trying so hard | 但这也只是因为我们竭尽全力 |
[20:12] | to make them happy. | 想让他们过得快乐 |
[20:13] | Not her. Not her. Oh, my God. | 她不行 她不行 我的天 |
[20:15] | You’re gonna be the cutest girl at this whole school. | 你要成为整所学校最漂亮的女孩了 |
[20:17] | Wait, these are girls, right? | 等等 这些是女孩子吧 |
[20:22] | Trying so hard to keep them close… | 竭尽全力把他们留在身边… |
[20:28] | You could knock. | 你该敲下门的 |
[20:29] | even though we know we can’t. | 尽管知道总有一天留不住 |
[20:31] | I know someday I’m gonna lose you to another woman, | 我知道将来我要把你交到别的女人手上 |
[20:34] | and I’ll find a way to be okay with it. | 但是我会想办法接受的 |
[20:36] | Thanks, Kylie. | 谢谢你 凯莉 |
[20:39] | But not today. | 但今天不会 |
[20:43] | So, I walk into his office | 接着我走进他的办公室 |
[20:45] | he’s looking at a picture of me | 他在看我的照片 |
[20:47] | and he’s crying. | 而且在哭 |
[20:47] | Your dad? | 你爸吗 |
[20:48] | Yeah, I couldn’t believe it either. | 是啊 我都不敢相信 |
[20:49] | This is why I’m glad that I show my emotions | 这也是为何我很乐意在女儿面前 |
[20:51] | in front of the girls. | 表达我的感受 |
[20:52] | – I think that’s the reason that feeling… – Phill, | -我觉得这就是为什么… -菲尔 |
[20:53] | can we at least have my story | 我们能不能在炉子热起来之前 |
[20:55] | until the oven preheats? | 先听完我的故事 |
[20:56] | Sorry, I thought you were finished. | 对不起 我以为你说完了 |
[20:58] | Okay, so, anyway, I went back later and it turns out | 好吧 后来我又去了一趟他的办公室 |
[21:00] | he wasn’t crying, | 原来他没有在哭 |
[21:02] | he was plucking his nose hairs. | 他是在拔他的鼻毛 |
[21:04] | I didn’t expect that. | 我可没想到 |
[21:05] | Yeah, me neither. | 是啊 我也想不到 |
[21:06] | To walk into that theatre and see | 能走进那间影院 |
[21:08] | their cute little heads together | 然后看着她们的小脑袋靠在一起 |
[21:09] | after they had been fighting all afternoon. | 就在她们吵了一下午的架之后 |
[21:11] | Come on, you had to be done that time. | 拜托 你刚才绝对算是说完了 |
[21:13] | No, is it me? | 没有 这是我的问题吗 |
[21:15] | Is it the way that I tell stories? | 是我讲故事的方式有问题吗 |
[21:17] | Am I so boring or is everyone in this family | 是我太闷还是这个家里的所有人 |
[21:20] | that self-involved. | 就只关心自己 |
[21:22] | As I was saying | 接着我刚没说完的 |
[21:23] | Her name was Elena and she’s from North Carolina. | 她叫埃莲娜 来自北卡罗莱纳州 |
[21:26] | That’s my roomate. | 这就是我的室友 |
[21:27] | Now I’m done. | 现在我说完了 |