时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Welcome, everyone. I’m Dr. Debra Radcliffe. | 大家好 我是黛布拉·拉德克利夫博士 |
[00:03] | And today I’m going to help you clean out your junk drawer. | 今天我要帮你们清理废物抽屉 |
[00:07] | Of course, I’m talking about an emotional junk drawer | 当然了 我指的是你们的情感废物抽屉 |
[00:10] | where we store all the pain, fear, anger that shapes us. | 我们要把里面所有痛苦 恐惧和愤怒都清理掉 |
[00:15] | Who would like to share why they’re here? | 有人想分享一下 今天来这里的原因吗 |
[00:17] | This one didn’t have her glasses at the high-school auction. | 这个人今天参加高中拍卖会没戴眼镜 |
[00:19] | Thought she was bidding on a home organizer. | 她以为自己在竞拍一个储物盒 |
[00:21] | And what a lucky mistake. | 多么幸运的错误 |
[00:23] | In Colombia, we never get to do things like this. | 在哥伦比亚 我们根本没有这种活动 |
[00:25] | The only time that I ever went to a seminar | 我参加过的唯一一个讨论会 |
[00:27] | was how to escape the trunk of a car | 是大家讨论当你的手被绑住的时候 |
[00:29] | when your hands are tied behind your back. | 要怎么从车后备箱里逃出来 |
[00:31] | All right, everybody. On your feet. | 大家都站起来吧 |
[00:33] | Okay. You know, I-I sort of thought | 说起来 我以为这个活动 |
[00:35] | – this was a “sit here and listen” kind of a thing. – Yeah. | -是那种坐在这乖乖听讲座的类型 -是啊 |
[00:38] | Or as I call it, marriage. | 或者说 婚姻也是这样 |
[00:40] | Where’s my husbands at? | 我丈夫呢 |
[00:42] | It’s good to laugh at what makes us most uncomfortable. | 最尴尬的时候笑一笑总是好的 |
[00:45] | But the next three hours will require active participation. | 但是接下来的三小时 大家都必须投入进来 |
[00:48] | Let’s clear a little space for ourselves. | 我们都站开一点 |
[00:49] | You said this was a 45-minute talk. | 你不是说这个活动只有45分钟吗 |
[00:51] | So what? I was wrong. | 那又怎么了 我估计错误了 |
[00:53] | What, is there a place that you’d rather be | 怎么 难道你不想坐在这里 |
[00:54] | than connecting with your family? | 跟你的家人好好的谈心吗 |
[00:56] | You’re really asking this question on Football Sunday? | 你居然在橄榄球周日问我这种问题 |
[00:59] | All these men here gave up their football today. | 这些人都放弃了他们的橄榄球比赛 |
[01:01] | Thank you, Mitchell, for your sacrifice. | 谢谢你 米奇尔 谢谢你的牺牲 |
[01:03] | Hey, you know what? I’m missing a farmer’s market to be here, | 你可知道为了这个活动我都没去成农夫市场 |
[01:05] | so…yeah, I just made it gayer. | 我刚才好想让自己变得更基了 |
[01:08] | It’s perfectly normal to resist opening your emotional junk drawer. | 拒绝打开自己的情感废物抽屉很正常 |
[01:12] | I address that in chapter one — “Hey, get a handle on it”. | 我在第一章《装个把手》里说过 |
[01:15] | Why don’t we start with a fun activity to loosen everyone up? | 我们来做个有趣的活动放松一下吧 |
[01:17] | I don’t care how loose we get, I’m not spilling my guts | 我才不管什么放松 我不想玩这种游戏 |
[01:20] | to some table lamp pretending it’s my mother. | 假装台灯是我母亲 跟它说话 |
[01:22] | And I won’t ask you to, Jay. | 我不会要求你这么做的 杰 |
[01:24] | That kind of silliness gives therapy a bad name. | 那种荒谬的做法给情感治疗抹黑了 |
[01:27] | We are going to play a game called Tiger, Rock star, Bunny. | 我们要玩一个叫”老虎摇滚明星兔子”的游戏 |
[01:30] | I got this. | 我知道了 |
[01:31] | Uh, marry the tiger, kill the bunny? | 嫁给老虎 杀了兔子 |
[01:31] | 菲尔说的游戏是要在三样东西里 分别选出嫁娶 食用与杀死的对象 | |
[01:33] | That’s not my game. | 不是这么玩的 |
[01:34] | When I call out tiger, | 但我说老虎的时候 |
[01:36] | you will become a ferocious tiger. | 你们要变成一只凶猛的老虎 |
[01:39] | When I call out rock star, | 当我说摇滚明星的时候 |
[01:40] | You will be… a major rocker. | 你们要变成一个摇滚明星 |
[01:43] | And when I call out bunny, you will be — | 我说兔子的时候 你们要 |
[01:45] | Halfway home. Goodbye. | 回家去了 再见 |
[01:47] | Oh, yeah, go ahead, | 走吧 |
[01:48] | but don’t forget that we don’t have a prenup. | 不过别忘了 我们可没签婚前协议 |
[01:50] | Let’s get started. | 那就开始吧 |
[01:51] | Tiger! | 老虎 |
[01:54] | Feel ridiculous. I might need booze for this. | 真是可笑 我觉得我需要大喝一杯 |
[01:56] | Oh, me likey that idea. | 我也需要 |
[01:58] | We are not cut out for this. | 我们可不适合这个 |
[02:00] | You can’t compare yourself to me. | 你可别想跟我比 |
[02:01] | I was in “Cats”. | 我毕竟出演过《猫》 |
[02:03] | No one’s comparing themselves to you, Cam. | 没人敢跟你比 小卡 |
[02:04] | Rock star. | 摇滚明星 |
[02:07] | Looking good, Phil. | 你做得很好 菲尔 |
[02:08] | I won an air-guitar contest in high school. | 我在高中的时候赢了幻想吉他比赛 |
[02:10] | Bet that got you a lot of air girlfriends. | 你肯定靠这个交到了很多幻想女朋友 |
[02:12] | Come on, Jay. Loosen up. It’s fun. | 杰 别这样 这多好玩啊 |
[02:16] | What the hell is that, dad? | 你在干什么 老爸 |
[02:18] | Playing an accordion. | 弹手风琴 |
[02:19] | Supposed to be a rock star. | 你应该是个摇滚明星啊 |
[02:20] | I think you should do, like, a guitar or something. | 你不应该弹弹吉他什么的吗 |
[02:21] | I only know how to play the accordion. | 我只会弹手风琴 |
[02:23] | Pick on Mitchell. He’s playing a flute. | 你去挑剔米奇尔吧 他还在吹笛子呢 |
[02:25] | At least I hope he is. | 我倒希望他吹的是笛子[箫] |
[02:41] | So, why did they need you out of the house? | 他们为什么要不让你待家里 |
[02:43] | They said it was some sort of therapy, | 他们说要弄一个什么疗法 |
[02:44] | but part of me thinks it’s an intervention for Mom. | 但是我觉得他们是专门为老妈准备的 |
[02:46] | So, how’s school? | 学校怎么样 |
[02:48] | Well, in my newtonian mechanics class, | 在我们的牛顿机械课上 |
[02:49] | we’re learning how to calculate | 我们学了怎么计算 |
[02:51] | the velocity of free falling objects in a… | 自由坠落物体的速度 |
[02:54] | School’s hard. | 上学很辛苦 |
[02:56] | So, anyways, um… | 好吧 |
[02:58] | I sort of did something and I need your advice, | 我做了一件坏事 我需要你的建议 |
[03:01] | but I don’t want a lot of judgment and criticism. | 但是我不想听你一直批判我 |
[03:03] | And you came to me? | 那你来找我干什么 |
[03:04] | Yeah, you’ve always had such a strong sense | 你一直很理智 |
[03:07] | of what’s right and wrong. | 知道什么是对是错 |
[03:08] | – You always know what– – I have a high-school boy toy. | -你知道的 -我找了个高中小男友 |
[03:10] | What?! Who? | 什么 谁啊 |
[03:11] | It’s Luke’s dorky friend Reuben. | 卢克那个书呆子朋友罗本 |
[03:14] | I feel so ashamed. | 我觉得太羞耻了 |
[03:15] | Oh, my God. You should be. Isn’t he, like, 8? | 天哪 他不是只有八岁吗 你胆子太大了 |
[03:17] | No, he’s 16 and 3/4, | 不 他有16又3/4岁了 |
[03:19] | and he has to shave almost every two weeks. | 而且他基本每两周就要刮一次胡子 |
[03:20] | How did you let this happen? You go to Caltech. | 怎么会这样呢 你上的可是加州理工啊 |
[03:22] | You’re surrounded by age-appropriate dorks. | 你应该跟你这个年纪的书呆子约会 |
[03:24] | I know, but I was home and still feeling sad | 我知道 但那时我待在家 |
[03:28] | about Sanjay breaking up with me, | 一直在为了桑杰甩掉我这事伤心 |
[03:29] | and it’s overwhelming here. | 而学校的压力又这么大 |
[03:31] | There are so many brilliant people, | 聪明的人太多了 |
[03:33] | and Reuben idolizes me. | 罗本却把我当一个偶像 |
[03:35] | I guess I just kind of needed that, | 我想我可能需要一个人陪我 |
[03:37] | so I let him kiss me… | 所以我让他亲了我 |
[03:39] | and a little bit of this. | 还做了点其它的事情[露胸] |
[03:42] | I’m so weak. I can’t imagine anything worse. | 我太软弱了 这是我遇到过最糟糕的事 |
[03:44] | I hooked up with Andy. | 我跟安迪搞上了 |
[03:45] | What?! | 什么 |
[03:46] | Engaged Andy? | 订婚了的那个安迪吗 |
[03:48] | I know. We were all alone at this house | 我知道他订婚了 我们那天在某个人房里 |
[03:49] | that dad had set up to be sexy– | 老爸特意把房间布置得很性感 |
[03:51] | Dad made it sexy for you?! | 老爸专门给你们弄的吗 |
[03:52] | No, no, for the buyer, but Andy and I were alone, | 不 是给买家弄的 但是当时只有我和安迪 |
[03:56] | a-and suddenly…bam. | 于是我们就”哇”了 |
[03:58] | Bam? | “哇” |
[04:00] | “Bam” as in sex | “哇”是指你们上床了 |
[04:01] | or “Bam” as in what Reuben shouted when he unhooked my bra? | 还是像罗本解开我胸罩的时候说了声”哇”一样 |
[04:04] | Let’s just leave it at “Bam.” | 这个话题就不要继续了 |
[04:06] | Look at us. | 看看我们俩 |
[04:08] | I don’t even know what to feel right now. | 我不知道自己应该是什么感觉 |
[04:10] | Shame, guilt, fear. | 羞耻 罪恶 恐惧 |
[04:13] | These are just some of the things | 这些都是一些 |
[04:15] | we shoved in the back of our junk drawers | 我们年轻时 |
[04:17] | when we were young. | 扔进废物抽屉的情绪 |
[04:18] | This exercise comes from chapter three, | 下面这个活动出自第三章 |
[04:21] | “Scary dreams, expired creams”. | 《恐怖的噩梦与过期的奶油》 |
[04:23] | Oh, I have both of those. | 那两个我都有 |
[04:25] | This may seem unconventional, | 这个姿势可能看起来不正常 |
[04:27] | but it helps access painful memories… | 但是它有助于你们释放痛苦的回忆 |
[04:30] | This is nice. | 真不错 |
[04:31] | No, it’s not. It’s weird. | 不 我觉得很诡异 |
[04:33] | You’re so tense today, my little baby. | 你今天很紧张 我的小宝贝 |
[04:35] | What are you worried about? | 你在担心什么 |
[04:37] | Us looking like idiots. | 我们看起来像傻瓜一样 |
[04:39] | What? We’re superstars here. | 我们可是这里的明星 |
[04:41] | Married the longest, three happy children, | 我们结婚最久 有三个快乐的孩子 |
[04:43] | one with a bright future. | 其中一个还前途远大 |
[04:46] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[04:47] | We’re gonna win this thing. | 我们能赢 |
[04:49] | It’s not a competition. | 这又不是什么比赛 |
[04:50] | Exactly. We have this in the bag. | 对啊 我们已经赢了 |
[04:53] | Mitchell and Cam fall apart | 米奇尔和小卡只要一到选餐厅 |
[04:54] | if they’ve got to pick a restaurant, | 就会吵得不可开交 |
[04:56] | and all Gloria ever does is yell at my dad. | 歌洛莉亚只会吼我爸 |
[05:00] | Yeah, I’d really hate to be your dad right now. | 是啊 我可不想当你爸 |
[05:03] | Now, tell me everything that you’re thinking. | 告诉我你所有的想法 |
[05:06] | I’m thinking about all that other stuff we could’ve bid on | 我在想除了这个破玩意儿 |
[05:08] | at that auction instead of this nonsense. | 拍卖会上本能拍到的别的东西 |
[05:10] | Lunch with Larry King. A ride along in a cop car. | 和拉里·金[著名访谈家]共进午餐 搭乘警车 |
[05:13] | I heard they let you tase someone. | 听说警察还附赠用电枪电人的体验 |
[05:14] | Jay, this is important. | 杰 现在的治疗很重要 |
[05:16] | Dr. Debra said that this is good for us. | 黛布拉医生说了这样对我们有好处 |
[05:19] | Now close your eyes. | 闭上你的眼睛 |
[05:20] | Why should I close my eyes? | 我为什么要闭上眼睛 |
[05:21] | Because I don’t like you looking up at my neck like that. | 因为我不想你从那个角度看我的脖子 |
[05:24] | The other day, I took a selfie from down there | 我上次从那个角度自拍的时候 |
[05:25] | and I thought that I was face timing with my grandmother. | 还以为在跟我奶奶视频 |
[05:29] | I wemember my mom went into the store | 我记得我妈进噜商店 |
[05:31] | and left me all alone in the back of a twuck. | 却把伦家忘在了卡车后座 |
[05:33] | Okay, do you have to do the baby talk? | 你一定要学小孩子说话吗 |
[05:34] | I couldn’t pronounce my R’s when I was younger | 我小时候发不出R的音 |
[05:36] | and the other children made fun of me, Mitchell. | 其他孩子都笑话我 米奇尔 |
[05:38] | It was very twaumatic. | 伦家超怕怕的 |
[05:40] | Mom? Mommy? Where are you? | 妈 妈咪 你在哪里 |
[05:42] | All right, I’m — I’m starting to lose feeling. | 好吧 我已经开始麻木了 |
[05:43] | Oh, am I squishing your legs? | 是我压到你的腿了吗 |
[05:45] | No, I meant in our relationship. | 不 我是指我们的关系 |
[05:47] | All right, we need a game plan here. | 好了 我们得定个计划 |
[05:48] | My dad and sister are here. | 我爸和我姐都在这里 |
[05:49] | Let’s keep a low profile — light and surfacy. | 我们尽量低调点 随便挑点无关紧要的说 |
[05:52] | But aren’t we wasting a great opportunity | 那我们不是浪费了一个绝佳的 |
[05:54] | to learn more about me? | 了解我的机会吗 |
[05:54] | We are not gonna be the sideshow gay couple. | 我们不要拿自己来娱乐大众 |
[05:56] | Okay, nothing too personal. | 好吗 不要讲太私人的事 |
[05:57] | For god’s sake, no bedroom stuff. | 别把闺房之乐拿出来说 |
[05:59] | We’re representing a community. | 我们代表的是同性恋这个团体 |
[06:01] | And how are you two doing here? | 你们俩交流得如何了 |
[06:03] | We’re very good, very healthy. | 我们很好 交流毫无障碍 |
[06:04] | – Very happy. – Yes. | -我们很开心 -是的 |
[06:05] | Cam, would you like to switch positions? | 小卡 你想换个姿势吗 |
[06:07] | I’m not allowed to talk about that. | 我不能提这种事 |
[06:11] | How’s it going here with you two? | 你们俩交流得怎样了 |
[06:12] | Not good. He’s not even trying. | 不好 他连试都不想试 |
[06:14] | Sounds like you’re stuck in that drawer. | 感觉你卡在抽屉里了 |
[06:16] | Sounds like you’re stuck in that metaphor. | 感觉你卡在那个比喻里了 |
[06:17] | What’s holding you back, Jay? | 是什么令你裹足不前 杰 |
[06:19] | I don’t like to be held like this. | 我不想这么被人抱着 |
[06:20] | Why? ’cause you feel vulnerable? | 为什么呢 会让你感觉自己很脆弱吗 |
[06:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:24] | It just… reminds me of something. | 这让我想起了一些事 |
[06:27] | Go with that. You’re safe here. | 说出来吧 你在这里很安全 |
[06:29] | I don’t want to be safe here. | 我不想觉得这里很安全 |
[06:31] | I don’t want to talk about this. | 我不想聊关于这些的事 |
[06:32] | About what? Tell me. | 关于什么的 告诉我 |
[06:34] | It’s like the time my mom held me like this | 我的狗跑掉再也没回来的时候 |
[06:36] | when my dog ran away and never came back. | 我妈妈就是这么抱着我的 |
[06:39] | She kept telling me they didn’t know how it got out, | 她一直跟我说他们不知道它怎么跑掉的 |
[06:40] | but I knew. | 但我知道 |
[06:42] | I left the gate open. It was my fault. | 我没关门 都是我的错 |
[06:45] | I lost checkers. | 是我没仔细检查 |
[06:49] | I can’t take this. | 我受不了了 |
[06:51] | Wait, what — what just happened? | 等等 刚刚发生了什么事 |
[06:53] | I don’t know. I think he’s not used to feeling emotions. | 不知道 我想他只是不习惯表达内心情感 |
[06:56] | Maybe it was too much for him. | 这对他来说有点过了 |
[06:57] | No, no, this is good. | 不 不 这是好事 |
[06:58] | Some people’s junk drawers are so full, | 有些人的废物抽屉太满了 |
[07:00] | it’s a struggle to open them. | 想打开都很难 |
[07:02] | W-was he holding his chest? | 他刚是不是捂着胸口 |
[07:03] | – Se. – Something seemed wong. | -是啊 -有点不对劲 |
[07:07] | Jay, are you okay? It’s Gloria. | 杰 你没事吧 我是歌洛莉亚 |
[07:09] | Dad. Dad, come on. | 爸 爸 你没事吧 |
[07:11] | Ay, it’s locked. | 门锁上了 |
[07:13] | D-dad, open up. | 爸 快开门 |
[07:14] | Hang on, I got a paperclip. | 稍等 我这里有曲别针 |
[07:16] | Be careful. He’s very raw. | 小心点 他很脆弱 |
[07:18] | Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! | 加油 加油 加油 |
[07:20] | Jay! | 杰 |
[07:23] | I’m still sad. | 我还很伤心呢 |
[07:31] | You prefer to hide in the bathroom | 你宁愿躲进洗手间里 |
[07:32] | than to deal with your emotions! | 也不愿正视自己的情感 |
[07:34] | Gloria, what’s the big deal? | 歌洛莉亚 这有什么大不了的 |
[07:36] | The big deal is that we’re raising a child together, | 重点在于我们要在一起抚养小孩 |
[07:39] | and you have a chance | 而你有机会 |
[07:40] | to make him different than those two. | 把他变得跟那两个不一样 |
[07:43] | – Hello. – Us? | -你说啥 -说我们吗 |
[07:44] | I’m sorry. What’s wrong with us? | 抱歉 我们怎么不好了 |
[07:45] | I’d take a bullet for you, | 我会为了你们挡子弹 |
[07:46] | but you two are kind of neurotic. | 但你们俩稍微有点神经质 |
[07:48] | – We’re not neurotic. – Do people say that we’re neurotic? | -我们没有神经质 -有人说我们神经质吗 |
[07:50] | They don’t say that, do they? | 他们没有这么说 是吧 |
[07:51] | Yes. Yes. | 对 对 |
[07:52] | All the junk wants to come out of the drawer. | 所有的垃圾都想从抽屉里出来 |
[07:54] | – Can you feel it? – I can. | -你能感觉到吗 -我能 |
[07:55] | No, Jay doesn’t feel anything. | 不 杰什么都没感觉到 |
[07:57] | I feel lots of things. | 我感觉到很多东西 |
[07:58] | Annoyed that I’m missing my game, | 因为错过比赛而生气 |
[08:00] | – joy that the Steelers are winning. – Oh, what is the score? | -因为匹兹堡钢人赢而开心 -比分多少了 |
[08:02] | We’re not gonna talk about football here! | 我们在这里不谈橄榄球 |
[08:04] | Gloria’s right. | 歌洛莉亚说得没错 |
[08:04] | We should talk about deeper things | 我们应该聊点更深入的 |
[08:05] | like those awkward years between 14 to 6. | 比如14年到6年[14比6]的尴尬岁月 |
[08:08] | Oh. Yes. | 太好了 |
[08:09] | When do we get to talk about the dumb things | 我们什么时候可以开始聊 |
[08:10] | that our husbands do? | 我们老公做过的蠢事 |
[08:12] | Gloria, thank you. I’m glad you said that. | 歌洛莉亚 谢谢你 很高兴你这么说 |
[08:14] | You’re welcome. At least somebody’s helping. | 不用谢 总得有人帮你 |
[08:16] | Because that kind of language is counterproductive. | 因为那种语言会产生反作用 |
[08:19] | Oh, snap. | 真糟糕 |
[08:20] | This next exercise will teach us how to communicate our needs | 下一个练习能教会我们如何有建设性地 |
[08:24] | in a constructive and non-threatening manner. | 不伤人地表达自己的需求 |
[08:27] | We do that all the time. | 我们一直都这样 |
[08:28] | Very constructively communicated. | 非常有建设性地交流 |
[08:30] | Would one of my couples like to help me demonstrate | 有哪一对夫妇能帮我 |
[08:32] | for the rest of the group? | 给大家展示一下吗 |
[08:33] | Yes, we would. We’d love to help. | 有 我们愿意帮忙 |
[08:34] | – How is this low profile? – Oh, come on, it’ll fun. | -这算什么低调 -肯定会很有趣 |
[08:36] | – Your chair, please, Cam. – Sure. | -把椅子搬过来 小卡 -好的 |
[08:37] | – Face this way. – Thank you. | -面朝这边 -谢谢 |
[08:40] | Now, I’d like you both to think of a behavior | 现在我希望你们都能想一个 |
[08:43] | of your partner’s that you would like to change. | 你希望伴侣能够改变的行为 |
[08:45] | But we’re going to avoid phrases | 但是要避免使用 |
[08:47] | like “You always” and “You never”, | “你总是” “你从不[永不]”这种词 |
[08:49] | and instead put it in terms of how we feel. | 而换成表达自己感受的语言 |
[08:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:52] | Mitch, you’ll start. | 米奇尔 你先开始 |
[08:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:55] | Sometimes, I wish you wouldn’t wear blue so much | 有时候 我希望你能少穿点蓝色 |
[08:57] | because I feel jealous that you look so good in it. | 因为我嫉妒你穿得这么好看 |
[09:02] | Now, Cam, let Mitch know if you heard him | 小卡 告诉米奇你是否听到了 |
[09:04] | and if you feel you can do that. | 以及你是否能做到 |
[09:05] | – I did hear that. – Okay. | -我听到了 -好的 |
[09:08] | And I will try to wear less blue. | 我也会尽量少穿蓝色 |
[09:10] | Very good. Very good. | 很好 很好 |
[09:12] | Maybe dig a little deeper in the drawer. | 也许你能稍微讲得深入一点 |
[09:14] | Well, sometimes when you don’t use a coaster | 有些时候你和饮料的时候 |
[09:16] | with a — a drink, | 没有用杯托 |
[09:18] | I get anxious because I love our furniture | 我会很焦虑 因为我喜欢我们的家居用品 |
[09:20] | and we bought it together. | 那是我们一起买的 |
[09:21] | Aww, that’s very sweet. I hear that. | 真暖心 我听到了 |
[09:25] | And I’m gonna try and use a coaster more. | 我会尽量多用杯托的 |
[09:26] | Okay. Excellent, both of you. | 很好 你们做得都很棒 |
[09:27] | Mitch, keep going. | 米奇 继续 |
[09:29] | Yeah, so, uh…sometimes when you leave the room | 有些时候你离开房间时 |
[09:32] | and you don’t turn off the lights, I just feel — | 会不关灯 我感觉… |
[09:34] | Seriously? That again? | 有没搞错 又提这个 |
[09:35] | Surfacy. | 别这么认真 |
[09:36] | Well, I told you not to harp on me about the lights. | 我告诉过你别再跟我唠叨关灯的事 |
[09:38] | Oh, because this is the first time | 因为这是我第一次听你 |
[09:39] | that I’m hearing about the coasters. | 提到杯托的事 |
[09:40] | Here we go. | 看看吧 |
[09:42] | Okay, I don’t appreciate the smirking. | 别在那里幸灾乐祸 |
[09:43] | I hear you, Mitchell, | 我听到了 米奇尔 |
[09:44] | and I will try to smirk when you’re not looking. | 下次我会趁你没看到的时候幸灾乐祸的 |
[09:50] | I feel like if Andy weren’t engaged, we’d have a chance. | 我觉得如果安迪没订婚 我们可能会有机会的 |
[09:53] | And if Reuben were just a little bit older | 如果罗本稍微大一点儿 |
[09:55] | and didn’t wear prescription shoes — | 而且不用穿矫正鞋的话 |
[09:56] | – It’d still be gross. – I know. | -还是很恶心 -我知道 |
[09:58] | – What are we gonna do? – We should both just end it. | -我们该怎么办 -我们应该叫停[结束] |
[10:00] | I am not killing myself. | 我不要自杀 |
[10:02] | – No! Break up with them. Oh, God. | -不 我说的是分手 天哪 |
[10:05] | You deserve somebody that isn’t engaged to somebody else. | 你值得找一个没有订婚的人 |
[10:08] | Yeah, and you deserve to be with someone | 对啊 你也值得找一个 |
[10:09] | who didn’t take baths with Luke. | 没跟卢克一起洗过澡的人 |
[10:11] | I already tried to dump him once. | 我已经提过一次分手了 |
[10:13] | Hopefully it’ll go better this time. | 希望这次能真的甩掉他 |
[10:15] | Look, I’m sick of hiding our love. | 我受够了这样藏着掖着谈恋爱 |
[10:16] | – If you’re ashamed of me — – I am. | -如果你觉得我丢了你的脸 -没错 |
[10:18] | – Then maybe we should break up. – We should. | -那我们最好分手 -赞成 |
[10:20] | No, please don’t break up with me. | 不 求求你不要跟我分手 |
[10:22] | You’re the — the smartest, | 你是 你是全世界最睿智的 |
[10:23] | most beautiful girl on the planet. | 最美的姑娘 |
[10:26] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:28] | I’m gonna text Andy right now, | 我现在就给安迪发短信 |
[10:29] | and tell him we need to talk today, | 告诉他我们今天应该好好谈谈 |
[10:30] | and you should, too. | 你也该这么做 |
[10:31] | I can’t text him. | 我发不了短信给他 |
[10:32] | He lost his phone privileges | 在他的西班牙语成绩 |
[10:33] | until he gets his Spanish grade back up, | 提上来之前他家里不让他用手机 |
[10:34] | but I’ll just go hang around the playground | 我还是去操场逛两圈吧 |
[10:36] | till his kickball practice is over. | 等他的儿童足球训练完再找他 |
[10:39] | I’m glad we talked. | 还好我跟你聊过了 |
[10:41] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[10:42] | This is how we’re gonna stay on track | 我们以后也要多联系 |
[10:43] | for the rest of our lives — | 还有以后的以后 |
[10:44] | by always being there for each other. | 都要一直相互诉说倾听 |
[10:47] | He plays kickball? | 他还玩儿童足球 |
[10:48] | Equipment manager. | 还只是个器材管理员 |
[10:50] | Now that we’re learning to communicate constructively, | 既然我们在学习如何积极沟通 |
[10:53] | let’s put those new skills to use. | 那就试试这些新的沟通技巧吧 |
[10:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:56] | I want everyone to write down | 我想让每个人都写下 |
[10:58] | everything about your partner that drives you crazy. | 你伴侣所做过每一件让你暴走的事情 |
[11:01] | Really? | 真的要写 |
[11:02] | The drawers are open. Dig in. | 抽屉都拉开了 就好好刨吧 |
[11:03] | Sounds a little marriage-endy, doesn’t it? | 有点婚姻终结者的意思 对吧 |
[11:05] | I mean, it does, but not for us. | 是有点 但是对我们俩不起作用 |
[11:08] | Maybe… | 应该吧 |
[11:10] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[11:12] | Phil, there’s nothing that bugs you about Claire? | 菲尔 你不想吐槽克莱尔点什么吗 |
[11:14] | Nope. | 并没有 |
[11:15] | Not even “Me likey”? | 比如说”偶稀饭[我喜欢]” |
[11:17] | – What’s he talking about? – I have no idea. | -他在说什么 -我不知道 |
[11:18] | He says you say it a lot and it drives him crazy. | 他说你老是说这句 搞得他要暴走 |
[11:20] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[11:22] | Okay, uh, Claire. Yeah. | 好吧 克莱尔 是的 |
[11:24] | – I love you. – I know. | -我是爱你的 -我知道 |
[11:25] | But when you use that expression, | 但是每次你一那么说 |
[11:26] | it makes me feel, um…icky. | 都让我感觉 很恶心 |
[11:31] | But, I mean, I’ve hardly ever even used the expression — | 但是 我从来都没有那么说过 |
[11:34] | “Me likey sushi, me likey ‘Game of Thrones'”, | “偶稀饭寿司 偶稀饭《权力的游戏》” |
[11:36] | “Me likey Chardonnay”. | “偶稀饭喝夏敦埃酒” |
[11:37] | It does hit my ear wrong. But you know what? Forget it. | 我听了真的受不了 但是 无所谓了 |
[11:40] | I’m sorry. I got nothing to complain about. | 对不起 我没有要吐槽她的事情 |
[11:42] | Me lucky. | 偶幸运哟 |
[11:44] | Phil, never apologize for your feelings. | 菲尔 你永远不必为自己的情感而道歉 |
[11:46] | I thought we’re not supposed to say “Never”. | 我们不是不该说”永远不”吗 |
[11:49] | Good catch, Jay. Thank you. | 说得对 杰 谢谢提醒 |
[11:52] | As the kids say, it’s going to get real up in here, | 就像年轻人说的那样 接下来我们要玩真的了 |
[11:54] | but trust me, after that, | 但是你们要相信我 结束以后 |
[11:56] | once I’ve guided you through the extremely specific steps | 只要你们跟着我学会最具体的步骤 |
[12:00] | in deciding what goes back in the drawer | 能够决定哪些情感要保留 |
[12:02] | and what gets thrown out, | 哪些情感要摒弃 |
[12:03] | you will be the best version of yourselves. | 你们就会成为更好的自己 |
[12:06] | – It always works. – Don’t say “Always”. | -这方法总是有效 -不能说”总是”哦 |
[12:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:09] | Let’s get writing. | 大家开始写吧 |
[12:12] | Nothing is off-limits. | 敞开了写 |
[12:13] | These are your private thoughts, | 这些是你们的私人想法 |
[12:14] | and you are entitled to them. | 你们有权拥有这些想法 |
[12:17] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[12:20] | You think I’m too loud? | 你觉得我嗓门很大 |
[12:22] | How am I loud? | 我怎么就嗓门大了 |
[12:23] | Well, you take in too much air | 你吸气太足了 |
[12:25] | and you expel that air with large and sudden bursts. | 然后你瞬间就大力地把气呼出来了 |
[12:28] | That’s how. | 就这么回事 |
[12:28] | Oh, so you’re saying that I am full of hot air? | 所以你就是说我全身是气[说大话] |
[12:30] | No, I’m saying just the opposite. | 不 我的意思正好相反 |
[12:31] | None of the air stays in you. | 你说话都不留一口气 |
[12:34] | The lights again. Now you’ve written it down? | 又是那灯的事 你现在还要把它写下来 |
[12:36] | I’m trying to stick to the small stuff. | 我已经尽量不把事情写大了 |
[12:39] | Oh, well, congratulations. | 好哇 恭喜你 |
[12:40] | You nailed it, because that’s real small. | 你做到了 因为那件的确是小事 |
[12:41] | It — okay, it bothers me, all right? | 但是它 它真的让我很烦 行吗 |
[12:43] | I-I’ve asked you very nicely to turn off the lights. | 我已经非常好脾气地问你能不能关灯了 |
[12:46] | Constantly. | 你那轮番轰炸 |
[12:47] | It’s like we’re Londoners hiding from war planes. | 好像我们是不停躲避空袭的伦敦人 |
[12:50] | Why did you write down “Teepee joke”? | 你干嘛要写”圆锥帐篷梗” |
[12:51] | Debra said these are my personal and private thoughts. | 黛布拉说了 这些是我自己私人的想法 |
[12:53] | I love that joke. I tell it all the time. It’s funny. | 我超爱那个梗 我经常讲 超搞笑 |
[12:55] | To you. | 你觉得搞笑而已 |
[12:57] | Okay. Listen up, guys. | 好 听好了各位 |
[12:59] | This guy walks into his shrink’s office and he says, | 这个人走进他心理医生的办公室说 |
[13:01] | “Doc, what’s wrong with me?” | “医生 我这是怎么了” |
[13:02] | “I’m a teepee. I’m a wigwam.” | “我是圆锥帐篷[勃起] 我是小棚屋[秃顶]” |
[13:04] | And the doc says, | 然后医生说 |
[13:06] | “That’s your problem. You’re two tents.” | “那正是问题所在 你是两顶帐篷[太紧张]” |
[13:09] | Do you get it? Two tents. | 懂了吗 两顶帐篷[太紧张] |
[13:10] | That’s bad, Claire. That’s really bad. | 笑话太糟了 克莱尔 太糟糕了 |
[13:13] | You made her like that. | 是你让她变成这样的 |
[13:15] | If you let her feel things, | 如果你允许她有自己的感受 |
[13:16] | maybe she’ll know what is funny. | 也许她就能知道搞笑是什么感觉了 |
[13:18] | Don’t care what you people think. | 懒得理你们 |
[13:20] | Me likey. | 偶稀饭 |
[13:21] | What is wrong with “Me likey”? | 这么说到底有什么问题 |
[13:23] | – Claire… – Yes. | -克莱尔 -是 |
[13:24] | – I love you. – Oh, then stop saying it! | -我是爱你的 -那就别一直说 |
[13:26] | – It just seems a little childish. – Really? | -就是感觉那句话有点幼稚 -是吗 |
[13:28] | ‘Cause you’re the one | 因为你才是那个 |
[13:29] | who can’t stop playing with his pogo stick. | 踩弹簧高跷踩到停不下来的那个人 |
[13:31] | You know what? Maybe you’d be happier | 如果你偶尔玩玩我的弹簧高跷[丁丁] |
[13:34] | if you played with my pogo stick once in a while. | 也许你会更开心一点 |
[13:35] | Oh, my god! | 噢 我天 |
[13:37] | What’s sad is they’re actually talking about a pogo stick. | 太可悲了 他们居然在为弹簧高跷吵 |
[13:39] | What’s sad is you love electricity more than me. | 可悲的应该是你爱省电多过爱我 |
[13:42] | It’s like we have a deranged second grader | 你就好像一个疯疯癫癫的小学二年级生 |
[13:44] | bouncing around the neighborhood. | 天天在家附近跳来跳去 |
[13:45] | When did you get so old?! | 你什么时候心态这么老了 |
[13:47] | I mean, I love you! | 我是说 我是爱你的 |
[13:49] | All right, Cam, | 好了 小卡 |
[13:50] | It’s been a pet peeve of mine since I was a kid, | 我从小就特别不能忍受不关灯浪费电 |
[13:51] | and I’ve asked you so many times that when you ignore me, | 而且我说过很多次了 你还无视我 |
[13:54] | It feels a little passive-aggressive. | 我就有了消极攻击性的情绪 |
[13:57] | And when you nag me constantly, | 然后当你一直不停跟我念叨的时候 |
[13:59] | it feels like I’m talking to my mother. | 我就感觉好像在跟老妈说话 |
[14:02] | When I have to nag you, | 当我不得不对你碎碎念的时候 |
[14:03] | it makes me feel like I am your mother, | 我也感觉我像是你老妈 |
[14:05] | which could be why it’s been a month | 也许这就是为什么 |
[14:06] | since we played with each other’s pogo sticks. | 我们已经有一个月没互相玩弹簧高跷[丁丁]了 |
[14:09] | Oh, my god! | 噢 我的老天 |
[14:11] | How do you think we feel, Mitchell?! | 你觉得我们受得了吗 米奇尔 |
[14:14] | Miss, this is not going the way it should be. | 小姐 现在我们的方向都跑偏了 |
[14:16] | Why don’t you tell us how to fix this? | 你要不要告诉我们该怎么解决 |
[14:18] | I’m so sorry. I have to go. | 很抱歉 我得走了 |
[14:20] | No, no, no! | 不行 绝对不行 |
[14:21] | You have to help us put this back together! | 你得帮我们收拾一下这局面 |
[14:23] | It’s a family emergency. | 我家里有急事 |
[14:24] | Trust me, it cannot be as bad as this one. | 相信我吧 你家不可能比我们这儿更糟 |
[14:27] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry! | 对不起 很抱歉 |
[14:28] | But I have to go pick up my son | 但是我得去接我儿子 |
[14:29] | because my idiot ex-husband loaned his car | 因为我那傻逼前夫把他的车借给了 |
[14:31] | to his latest Tinder whore. | 他在陌陌上新认识的小贱人 |
[14:33] | We paid good money for this. | 我们可是花了一大笔钱的 |
[14:34] | No, it was only $84. | 不 84美元而已 |
[14:37] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[14:38] | I would’ve paid more, but nobody else was bidding. | 我本来要给更多的 但是没人出价了 |
[14:41] | That’s great. | 挺好 |
[14:42] | You know what? I deserve it. | 我也就值这么多了 |
[14:44] | This is what you get for dumbing down 30 years of research | 把30年的研究成果简化成废物抽屉的比喻 |
[14:48] | for a trite analogy of a junk drawer. | 也就只能值这个价了 |
[14:51] | Just because my editor told me | 就因为我的主编告诉我 |
[14:53] | it would get me on the “Ellen” Show. | 这样我就能上《艾伦秀》[著名脱口秀]录节目 |
[14:54] | You were on “Ellen”? | 你上过《艾伦秀》 |
[14:55] | Oh, yeah, yeah. | 是的 |
[14:57] | I danced my way into America’s heart, | 我曾经在全美家喻户晓 |
[14:59] | and that’s why I’m stuck here on a Sunday afternoon for 80 bucks. | 然后沦落到周日下午为80美元困在这里 |
[15:02] | Wait. You can’t leave now. | 等等 你现在不能走 |
[15:05] | All our junk is out! | 废物全都挪出来了 |
[15:17] | That’s a cool shirt. You look nice. | 衣服不错 看上去挺好的 |
[15:18] | I have to cut you off right there. | 我得让你打住了 |
[15:20] | The shirt stays on. | 这次我不会脱掉它的 |
[15:21] | I have to hang up on this booty call. | 咱们不能再约炮了 |
[15:23] | Wait, what? | 等等 你说什么 |
[15:24] | You and me, this — this has to stop. | 你和我的这件事必须结束了 |
[15:27] | I’m so racked with guilt. | 我深受罪恶感折磨 |
[15:29] | I keep giving money to different charities. | 我不断给不同的慈善机构捐钱 |
[15:31] | I even fronted a Zach Braff movie on kickstarter. | 我甚至还参加了一部扎克·布拉夫电影的众筹 |
[15:34] | Andy, slow down. | 安迪 慢点 |
[15:36] | No, you’re not gonna talk me into it. | 不 你没法说服我的 |
[15:38] | I’m even wearing embarrassing underwear just in case. | 我甚至穿了条难看的内裤以防万一 |
[15:40] | Oh, god, you’re making this so much easier. | 天啊 你可算让我轻松了 |
[15:42] | Look, I texted you to say the same thing. | 听着 我给你发了短信 意义一样 |
[15:46] | – You did? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[15:49] | I’m trying to be a better person. | 我想变成一个更优秀的人 |
[15:51] | And, ironically, you’re one of the reasons why, but… | 你是我想变优秀的原因之一 然而 |
[15:56] | A better person does not hook up with an engaged person. | 一个优秀的人不能和已经订婚的人勾勾搭搭 |
[16:04] | So, what now? | 那现在怎么办呢 |
[16:06] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[16:08] | We’re still gonna see each other. | 我们还会互相见面 |
[16:09] | You work for, like, half my family. | 你要给我半数的家人工作 |
[16:12] | Do I remove you from my calling circle? | 我该把你从我的呼叫圈[通话列表]上移除吗 |
[16:14] | I think that’s between you and your wireless carrier. | 那是你和你的WiFi携带仪[手机]之间的事了 |
[16:17] | I guess that’s that. | 看来就这样了 |
[16:20] | It’s not like it’s goodbye forever. | 又不是要永别 |
[16:22] | It’s just… | 只不过 |
[16:24] | When we run into each other from now on, | 从现在起如果我们碰到对方 |
[16:26] | we keep our clothes on. | 要把衣服好好穿着 |
[16:29] | Yes. Totally. | 必须的 |
[16:36] | But, you know… | 但是 |
[16:39] | If things were different — | 如果能重来 |
[16:40] | I know. | 我懂 |
[16:42] | Bye, Haley. | 再见 海莉 |
[16:48] | Bye. | 再见 |
[16:49] | So, that’s it? It’s over? | 就这样结束了吗 |
[16:51] | I can’t believe she just left like that. | 真不敢相信她就这么走了 |
[16:53] | Great. Now what? | 那现在怎么办 |
[16:54] | I know what you’re all thinking, | 我知道你们怎么想的 |
[16:56] | and, yes, I will take over as group leader. | 好吧 我来引导大家 |
[16:59] | No one’s thinking that. | 没人这么想 |
[17:00] | I’m the only one with improv experience. | 我是唯一一个有救场经历的人 |
[17:02] | Oh, really? | 真的 |
[17:02] | Or was I the only white member of Ha Ha Blacksheep? | 难道我就不是嘻哈黑羊组合中唯一白人成员了吗 |
[17:06] | I seem to remember bringing down the hizouse | 我依稀记得我通过模仿一位恐慌的游客 |
[17:07] | with such classic characters as a scared tourist, | 四分卫和布莱恩特·冈贝尔[美国记者] |
[17:09] | Quarterback, and Bryant Gumbel. | 博得满堂彩 |
[17:10] | I’ll tag you in if I need you. All right, everyone. | 需要你的时候我会叫你的 大家注意 |
[17:12] | This first exercise is called entrances and exits. | 第一个练习叫作”进进出出” |
[17:16] | Let me go first. | 先让我说 |
[17:17] | I’m leaving to watch the football game. | 我要去看橄榄球比赛了 |
[17:19] | No, senor! Jay, no. | 不行 杰 不准走 |
[17:20] | Oh, dear god! | 上苍啊 |
[17:22] | The only reason we stirred all this up | 我们之所以被搞得一团糟 |
[17:24] | is ’cause Mrs. Magoo here | 全是因为迷糊眼女士 |
[17:25] | thought she was bidding on a home organizer. | 以为她竞拍的是真正收拾抽屉的服务 |
[17:27] | I knew exactly what I was doing! | 我当时清楚我在干什么 |
[17:30] | I have tried everything. | 我试过各种方法了 |
[17:32] | I just needed a new way to get you to express your feelings | 我只不过需要一种新方式让你表达自己的情感 |
[17:35] | and to allow other people to express theirs. | 让你学会倾听他人的情感 |
[17:38] | I need you to be fine | 我想让你理解并允许 |
[17:40] | with Manny dancing around the living room when he’s happy | 曼尼开心的时候想在客厅跳舞就跳 |
[17:43] | and Joe crying when he’s sad. | 乔伤心的时候想哭就哭 |
[17:45] | – You don’t see the downside to all this? – No. | -你没看到这件事的负面影响吗 -没有 |
[17:47] | Mitchell, you want to weigh in here? | 米奇尔 想说两句吗 |
[17:50] | We’re all reliving it. | 我们都开始释放情感吧 |
[17:51] | How about you two? | 你俩怎么样 |
[17:52] | You feel good about getting all this stuff out in the open? | 把话都说出来有没有感觉到舒畅很多 |
[17:55] | Let me just make one thing perfectly clear. | 就让我把一件事解释清楚 |
[17:57] | There were two tents. | 有两顶帐篷[太紧张] |
[17:59] | T-e-n-t-s and t-e– you’re right. | 帐篷和紧 你说对了 |
[18:03] | It’s a horrible joke. But it’s all your fault. | 是个糟糕的笑话 但都是你的错 |
[18:06] | I told you! | 我就说吧 |
[18:07] | For the record, we are just as grossed out | 再提一句 一想到异性恋发生关系 |
[18:09] | at the thought of you all having sex — | 我们也会感到恶心 |
[18:10] | That’s it! I’m out! What the hell are we doing? | 够了 我走了 我们到底在搞什么 |
[18:14] | Dancing around, telling secrets like girls at a slumber party. | 像睡衣派对上的女孩一样手舞足蹈 分享秘密 |
[18:18] | I can just imagine my old man with his buddies | 我完全能想象我老爹和他的伙计们 |
[18:20] | sitting at their lawn chairs, laughing their asses off | 坐在躺椅上笑掉大牙 |
[18:23] | that I missed a whole day of football | 因为我错过了一整天的橄榄球赛 |
[18:25] | ’cause I’m trying to get in touch with my emotions. | 为的是要弄清楚自己的情感 |
[18:27] | These guys didn’t do that crap. These were men! | 这些老家伙才不鸟这种屁事儿 他们是男人 |
[18:32] | His best friend Tommy Ryan | 他最好的朋友汤米·瑞恩 |
[18:34] | lost half a finger in a sheet metal press. | 被冲压机砸掉了半根指头 |
[18:36] | Waited until his shift ended to go to the hospital. | 等到自己的工作结束才去的医院 |
[18:39] | I broke my collar bone in a football game. | 我在橄榄球赛里撞碎了锁骨 |
[18:41] | There was Dad up in the stands giving me the old “be tough.” | 老爹在台上给我说了那句老掉牙的”顶住” |
[18:44] | So I played two more downs before I passed out. | 所以我撑过了两档进攻才晕了过去 |
[18:47] | My date, Maryjo Klumsky, | 我的女伴 玛丽乔·克朗姆斯基 |
[18:50] | left the senior dance with another guy. | 在毕业舞会上跟别的人跑了 |
[18:52] | Broke my heart. | 我的心都碎了 |
[18:54] | 2:00 A.M. at the kitchen table, my old man’s telling me, | 凌晨两点 我老爹在餐桌上告诉我 |
[18:57] | “Eat the sandwich and forget about her.” | “吃个三明治然后把她忘掉” |
[19:00] | Feelings! | 情感 |
[19:04] | I didn’t even cry at his funeral. You believe that? | 我居然没在他的葬礼上落泪 简直难以置信 |
[19:06] | The guy was my whole world. | 那家伙是我的全部 |
[19:08] | Not a tear. | 而我一滴泪也没流 |
[19:10] | Everybody looking at me like — like I didn’t love him. | 大家都望着我 觉得我好像并不爱他 |
[19:14] | But he knew. | 但他懂的 |
[19:18] | He had to know, right? | 他肯定懂的 对吧 |
[19:20] | Of course he did. | 他当然懂了 |
[19:25] | Son of a bitch, that felt good getting that out. | 该死的 释放出来还真是爽 |
[19:28] | I know. | 是啊 |
[19:30] | They just won therapy. | 成功的[一个]心理治疗[上个笑话的同音梗] |
[19:32] | Hey, it’s me. I broke up with reuben. | 是我 我和罗本分手了 |
[19:34] | I knew he’d be crushed, | 我知道他肯定会悲痛欲绝 |
[19:36] | so I did it quickly like ripping off | 所以我速战速决 |
[19:37] | one of his Incredible Hulk band-aids. | 好像撕掉绿巨人创口贴一样 |
[19:39] | So, how about you? Did you do it? | 你怎么样 搞定了吗 |
[19:40] | Yep. I sure did. | 搞了 肯定是搞了 |
[19:44] | “Why do we choose partners so different from ourselves? | 为何我们要选择与我们相差甚远的人做伴侣 |
[19:49] | It’s not fate or chance | 并非命运或是机遇 |
[19:50] | or cliches like ‘the heart wants what the heart wants’.” | 也并非俗话所谓的”心意难违” |
[19:56] | “We choose our partners because they represent | 我们选择了现在的伴侣是因为 |
[19:59] | the unfinished business from our childhood.” | 他们代表了童年缺失的部分 |
[20:06] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[20:09] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[20:10] | “And we choose them | 我们选择他们 |
[20:11] | because they manifest the qualities we wish we had.” | 是因为他们有着我们渴望拥有的品质 |
[20:16] | I’m afraid I’m not fun enough for you. | 我觉得对你来说我不够有趣 |
[20:18] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[20:20] | My sayings aren’t cute, my jokes aren’t funny, and — | 我的口头禅不讨人喜欢 我的笑话不搞笑 |
[20:22] | And you’re gonna get sick of me once the kids leave | 孩子离家之后你会厌倦我 |
[20:24] | and you realize how truly crazy I am. | 你会发现我有多么疯狂 |
[20:26] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[20:29] | Honey, I already know how crazy you are. | 亲爱的 我已经知道你有多疯狂了 |
[20:33] | “In doing so, in choosing such a challenging partner, | 如此一来 如此地选择了区别甚大的伴侣 |
[20:36] | and working to give them what they need, | 并努力地给他们提供他们想要的东西 |
[20:39] | we chart a course for our own growth.” | 我们为自己的成长规划好了方向 |
[20:43] | Go to sleep, Jay-Jay. | 睡吧 杰杰 |
[20:44] | I’m telling you, the woman is a genius. | 说真的 那姐们儿真是个天才 |
[20:57] | I didn’t feel like going to my grandpa’s house that sunday, | 那个周日我不想去我爷爷家 |
[21:01] | so I pretended to have a cold. | 所以我就装作感冒了 |
[21:04] | Wouldn’t you know it, a few days later… | 没想的是 几天之后 |
[21:06] | Oh, no. | 不会吧 |
[21:08] | Yep. I got the cold. | 没错 我真的感冒了 |
[21:12] | I thought it was karma, so I hopped on my bike | 我还以为这是报应 所以我跨上自行车 |
[21:14] | and I rode straight to my grandpa’s. | 飞驰到了爷爷家 |
[21:16] | I climbed in his lap and I hugged him so hard. | 我爬到他腿上 紧紧地抱住了他 |
[21:19] | We even shared an ice cream cone. | 我们还分吃了一个冰淇淋 |
[21:22] | It’s a memory I’ll always cherish, | 这是我会永远珍惜的回忆 |
[21:24] | ’cause in a crazy coincidence, | 因为极度凑巧的是 |
[21:25] | he got a cold too and was dead within a week. | 他也感冒了 不到一周就去世了 |